Actions

Work Header

Cowboys and Honey

Summary:

Shinji Hirako has a honey eyed guide to help him get across the vast desert Hueco Mundo to find what he is looking for. Along the way he finds himself in a romance he may not be able to let go of. A journey filled with outlaws, sex, and adventure. Surviving the desert is one thing but surviving her may be another.

Notes:

Hi y'all, thanks for stopping by. This is a reader/insert. I wrote this for my own sanity as it was stuck in my head, but if anyone wants me to continue to publish the series let me know. Debating posting other chapters. Suggestions also welcome.

Inspired by Dead of Night by Orville Peck.

Hope you enjoy~

Chapter 1: Hueco Mundo

Chapter Text

I scan the horizon of the empty and vast desert. The sway of my stallion’s stride is growing weaker, I huff, realizing soon we will need to rest.
Though I am used to traveling the desert, it seems the Hueco Mundo sun has been beaming harder on the pale sands more than usual. Looking over to the man at my right, I notice his horse is also struggling.
The last time we had an actual night's rest was when we first began our journey two days ago.

For whatever reason this man was urgent with his pace. Something about needing to get back to his posse.

Curious how a leader of a posse needs an escort through Hueco Mundo. I don't typically question the job if I'm getting paid enough so I keep my thoughts to myself.
The blondie on the other hand has a hard time keeping that mouth still.

He was on the leaner side, though obviously built underneath his pale white button down. Tall , not to mention the boots could make him appear as though he was towering above you like saguaro cactus.
Out of all the jobs you’ve done this wasn’t the worst looking client.

His long blonde hair swayed from the motion of my spare horse. I envied it slightly.

He tipped the black brim of his hat in acknowledgment, “Hey darlin, when do’ya think we can take a break? Moxy over here is slowing down a bit” he says with a lazy drawl. I hum,
“Up ahead there seems to be some boulders we can set up camp at, not much longer” Internally there’s a sigh of relief that he had suggested the break before I did. Cant have the clientele getting uppity about time management. I’m a guide not a magician.

We walk our way to the formation so we don't burden our horses with even more exhaustion. But damn all you want to do is to break into a gallop to get there. Your shirt must have been nearly soaking with sweat at this point.

Riding up to the jagged rocks you notice the shade, thank the gods. Finally getting to come to a stop you swing your leg over Rufus. Poor guy was looking more grateful than you were for the break. Dusting off my chaps and jeans I look up and see Shinji is already off and unloading the supplies to relieve Moxy. I give a nod of appreciation. Laughing he shakes his head “Yer sure are a quiet one huh? If I pay you extra will you spare me a conversation Honey?”

I pause glancing up at him. “How much are ya talkin?”
Earning more of that toothy grin of his. I huffed with a smirk and continued in my comfortable silence setting up a small sleeping area for us. The desert was just as dangerously cold at night as it was hot during the day.

“Hey honey, I see yer settin’ up your tent but Ms. Moxy over here is one tent short of what i need” His head tilted and looking around the bags we brought along.
“I only packed one, horses are already carryin’ enough don’t you think? We are sharing. Besides, the more body heat the more likely we will wake up in the morning.” I say as I wipe the sweat building on my forehead.

He walked over picking up the rest of the stakes. “No sense in makin a pretty lady do all the work then.” And began beating the mallet into the ground where I had been struggling to get the stakes to stay.

Smiling, I give him a small pat him on the back in appreciation to which he grunts. I decide to tend to the horses as he takes care of the set up.

Pulling out the brush I begin taking care of the dirt and build up on Rufus. His black coat slowly regained its sheen. Mindlessly brushing, I think of what Boss had said. That this would be about a week's journey, giving very specific directions of the trail we were to take. It was peculiar that we didn't have the option to go straight through on the traders route. I was considering breaking my policy of paid silence.

Almost through brushing Rufus I notice the sun is beginning to set. Moxy isn’t in as bad of shape as Rufus, so I give her a quick brush down and lead them to the rest of our supplies and set up their watering pail.

As I'm bent over pouring the water I feel eyes on me. As the water stream slows I lift myself up and look to Shinji. He slowly adverts his gaze when he notices my turn, keeping a light smile on his face.
I feel my eyebrow twitch.

This stranger was confident I would give him that.

He was sitting on a log he had managed to find and had dragged over to the tent.
Walking over I pursed my lips together. Either I was that much of a distraction or he was just that shit at making fires.
I sit down next to him with enough force making him flinch slightly. I close my eyes and roll my head to give my neck a good stretch, feeling satisfied with today's work. “Do ya need help with that Sir?” Keeping one eye on him as I let my head fall to the side.

He huffed and silently handed me the striker.
Sitting straight I light the fire within ten seconds, carefully positioning the tinder for the flame to feast upon.
Eyebrows raised, he seemed impressed. “Much obliged Honey.”

The sun was down now. Our blankets wrapped around our bodies keeping the heat in. The rocks were helping immensely to keep the wind from tearing through us. The camp was a cove of warmth now. Fire blazing after only a few minutes.

“So since we’re finally gettin’ a chance to chat finally, what's yer story Honey?” He says.

“Before I tell you, I need to know why you keep callin’ me ‘Honey’.” Getting slightly irritated at his boldness.

“Well isn't that obvious? Yer eyes, doll. Light as honey” Instinctively I immediately look away not wanting to bring more attention to them. He had that cheshire smile again, “Don’t hide ‘em from me now, they’ve been a site for sore eyes. All this sand is a bit of a drag in comparison.”

I smile, the compliment threw me off but it wasn’t entirely unwelcome. Giving in I sigh “My story is a long and boring one, but ill make it short. Boss has raised me since my folks passed from pneumonia. Been doin’ this since I was a teen. I know this desert like I know my pistol.” Feeling a sense of pride, my hand involuntarily goes to my hip to feel the cold metal that rests there, a habit of comfort.

“What about you?” I say before remembering he’s a client, “Oh! Uh, pardon the question, I wasn't think-” “I'm trying to find my family.” He says looking out into the vast darkness before us, no longer smiling. “Sorry ‘bout yer folks. Me and mine got separated when the big dust storm kicked up. I also seem to have made a few enemies. If yer wonderin why we gotta take the long way.”
Slightly stunned he was willing to tell me I nodded, “How’d you get separated if you don't mind me askin?”

He huffed in remembrance, “we were doin’ a job, had to split up in this big ole town. Had no idea what was a comin’ our way. Everything was so fast, ya know? When the dust hit, everyone ran for the bunkers underground. I hadn’t got to the same bunker they were in. N’ Aize- , er, our rival, found out where I was. I figure someone tipped him off about seein’ me, and he is relentless. In the midst of escaping I didn’t have time to reunite with my posse.” He bowed his head, long hair draping over his face.

He seemed more angry than sad. Sensing a deep hurt and feeling guilty for asking, I pulled out my bottle of honey whiskey. He lifted his head to look at me “so Honey’s got the honey huh?” with a glint in his eye, clearly proud of himself.

“Ha, you could say that” I shake my head feeling called out, but hey the desert does get boring.
Tipping back my head to take a deep swing, I finish and hand him the bottle for him to do the same. He takes two more drawls than I did. No shame with what stress he is feelin’ right now I’m sure.

After passing the bottle back and forth in silence for some time I felt my walls comin down that I typically have with clients.
Leaning back against my hands I looked up at the sky, it was filled to the brim with stars. It’s so beautiful in my drunken haze I mindlessly say “I sure wish I was up there”.
Shinji looked over to me with a more serious look, despite his heavy hooded eyes, the honey clearly having an effect on him, “yea well, Im glad yer down here for right now.”
I felt heat creep up to my cheeks. I let my face stay straight despite feeling nervous suddenly. Damn that honey, shoulda quit while I was ahead.

I tilt my head towards him, “yea n’ why’s that?” Shit why the fuck am I provoking him.

“Who wouldn’t want a strong lady with honey eyes guiding them through a hell hole?”
I gulp, slightly satisfied that the answer was tame. The heat on my cheeks lingered, maybe hoping for more. Admittedly he was a fine specimen of a cowboy. This typically didn’t sway how your interactions went but he was making you nervous somehow.

I stand up feeling the need to move, “I’m, uh, gunna change outta these rags and hit the hay.”
He glanced up and blinked, seemingly surprised I abruptly ended the conversation.
He stayed silent, still sipping on my bottle. I made a note to add that to my bill, since he has drank almost more than half.

I grab my rucksack and head to the horses to change behind them. The tent was too small to stand up in.

Unbuttoning the shirt I shrugged it off my back and swapped it for another, but softer light blue button up. I peeled the chaps and jeans off with such relief I thought I could cry. No matter the amount of trips I've been on, that sensation does not get old.

 

I put on my cotton shorts hurriedly since the cold was beginning to crawl into my skin. The whiskey could only keep so much at bay.

Shirt hanging slightly off my frame, it was loose enough to sleep in. I tossed the dirty clothes in the bag, kept my pistol with me in the holster, sat my hat on the supplies, n’ patted the horses goodnight. I stepped out towards the tent.

I notice Shinji snoring, slumped and arms shrugged over the log, legs a bit too close to the flames.

Throwing my bag over against the rocks he jolted up, looking to me sheepishly, “If you were a snake, you’d’ve bit me, sorry darlin’” I rolled my eyes with a smirk, “lets go to bed, we got a long day tomorrow.” He complied, got up and put out the fire for us.

I turned as he was cleaning up the pit and changing into his own fresh clothes. As I ducked into the opening I looked back, he hadn’t bothered to go behind the horses like I had. In the darkness with only the embers lighting up our cove, shirt already off I could see the muscles rippling under his skin as he worked to take off the rest.

I stared too long, not even realizing my body had stilled. He stopped fumbling with his belt buckle and turned, his eyes found my eyes and smiled.
For three more seconds I held his gaze, until I realized he was looking at me looking at him. I quickly rushed into the tent, letting the flaps close.

I was trying desperately to convince myself he hadn’t noticed me gawking at his back. Even drunk I never let my guard down like this. Jeez.

The tent was big enough inside to keep a queen size bed in, but since Rufus’s back may break carrying a mattress out here, there is only one thick blanket for the ground beneath us.

I settled into my quiet drunk panic on the right side of the tent, setting the gun above my head in the small space left between the wall and pillow, and turned towards the wall closest to me. It was pitch dark, and I heard the tent flaps open and fall. Shinji found his spot next to me. I couldn’t tell how he had decided to lay.

It was quiet for a few moments, I let out a small sigh of relief thinking that he was already back asleep.

Then a hand rested on my hip, slowly moving up the side of my torso over my soft shirt. I froze. Waiting to see what he would do, curious of what would happen if I remained here.

“Honey, I know yer awake.” I squeezed my eyes shut, and bit my lip. I’ve never been a class act at flirting, and being drunk was not convincing me to try.

With no response he scooted closer, I could feel his face behind my turned head. When he spoke I could smell the whiskey on his breath. “Doll, I’m speaking to you. Did somethin’ catch yer eye out there?”
More silence from me, still not processing he had completely called me out. Shit.
He dared a bit more in response, pressing his solid body against mine, hand going back down to my hip, and going to the skin of my exposed thigh.
I instinctively curled my leg to my chest from the sudden touch, making my ass push into him.
Groaning, he pulled my left hip towards him, making me lay flat. It was dark but I could feel he was hovering over me now. Breath of honey on my face, he said nothing, waiting like I had.

Knowing he was a client, if I did this, if I let it happen, my professionalism may be questioned.
I paused debating. Then as if he knew what I was thinking, he somehow found my face with his calloused hand, and brushed my hair out of my face with such care.

This set off a chain reaction in my stomach. I suddenly felt how close our bodies were, his body heat radiating off him and his sweet musky scent filled my nose.

My hand lifted on its own accord, into his long blonde hair, feeling the softness. He sighed in content. I found the back of his head and pulled him down to meet my lips. It was gentle at first but he deepened the kiss quickly and hungrily. Our tongues met, the kiss loud and wet. As his lips worked on mine he let his body move swiftly over mine. His forearm bent next to me to support himself, and the other squeezed my left breast over my shirt, thumb waking up my nipple for him to pinch through the fabric. His legs between mine. I gasped at the initial contact, pushing my hips into him. He laughed and leaned down to bite my lip. Moaning in response, the rebellious hand that was still in his hair pushed his head back to my mouth. He got back to work with his mouth. I grabbed his hand that was working on my nipple. He stopped and lifted his face from mine, waiting, wondering why I had halted the touch.

I knew if I did this I would not be turning back, but I was so lost in his sweet thick kisses I didn't mind. I slowly guided his hand to the hem of my shirt, and lifted it so he had access to my soft tummy.
He straightened his torso, letting his hands rest on both sides of my his before running his hands up to my breasts, when he reached my supple chest he slowly squeezed. He swore, “fuck I knew you were hot but your body is just divine, Doll.” I licked my lips at the compliment.
He continued to massage my breasts, pinching and pulling my hardened nipples as he saw fit, earning mewls of approval from me. In return I lifted my hands to feel his arms. They were absolutely solid, my hands traveled to his chest, then his stomach, raking my nails down his sides as I went.
He moaned at the sensation, pressing his hips into mine. I felt his hard on, and couldn't help but moan, it was more than enough to make me slick.

Controlled but hurried Shinji began to unbutton my shirt, when it was fully unbuttoned he began to kiss my collar bone, moving down, giving my nipples a good hard suck before continuing to his target. He leaned down in front of my soaking wet pussy. Shorts damp and still on me, he pressed his nose against the cloth, breathing in deep.
He let out a guttural moan, his voice huskier than earlier, “Honey, you smell so goddamn good, mind if I have a taste?” I squeeze my legs against him in approval.

He responds almost instantly, he gets up out from between my legs to drag the shorts off my legs. He settles back between mine and presses his flat tongue against my folds with no warning. I jerk at the feeling, already my breathing was getting heavy. Slowly, he works his way up to my clit. Once he’s given me a good lapping, he finds the clit and sucks gently, testing the waters. Moonlight slightly lighting up our tent. I'm able to see him watching me. I make eye contact and push my hips into his face, encouraging him to suck harder. He latches on and I gasp so loud it surprises me. He hummed in approval and my hands found his hair, slightly tugging. He growled as I pulled and he let two of his fingers slip in. Pumping in and out with ease, I was so ready for him it was almost embarrassing. I made a note to pull his hair later on, the reaction was too delicious.

He kept his hand going at a steady pace, curling his fingers when he was at my deepest and I clenched. Panting he broke from sucking on me for a breath. Fingers slipping out he greedily sucked my juices off his digits. He brought his face up to mine and kissed me hard, tasting myself on him made the heat build in my stomach more. Without thinking, my hand found his pants button. He sat up on his knees, knowing, and trying to get his pants off.

Before he had come into the tent he managed to take his shirt and belt off and forgot about the rest. I felt flattered.

I sat up, bringing my face right to his crotch. With how tall he was his head was probably pushing at the tent’s roof a bit.

I gently grabbed his hands away from the button, since they were still fumbling, I decided to help him out. He seemed to be watching me, though I could only see the outline of him. I worked to get him free of the jeans. Successful I pulled them down to his knees, along with his boxers.

His cock popped free of the fabric prison that had been keeping it trapped. I set one hand on his hip to get a better idea of where everything was. He inhaled sharply as my other hand found his ball sack. I gingerly grabbed them, they were warm and swollen. I massaged them with light touch and let my tongue find its way to his head. I lapped at the precum that was already coming out. His hands found my hair this time and gently pulled, silently begging for me to continue. I swirled my tongue around his head after getting my lil snack. He groaned, pushing my head more into him. Not wanting to give him completely what he wanted, I took in only his head and sucked hard, breathing in sharpy, he said “after I ate you out like that, this is how yer gunna do me Honey? Naughty girl.” Tsking and shaking his head at me.

I moaned at that last part and to get back at him I shoved his entire cock between my thick lips suddenly, bouncing my head up and down. I was salivating more than I think I ever had. Wet slopping noises in between each head bob. Shocked, he called out my real name in a moan, I could picture him with his head leaned back in ecstasy. I moaned in response, my own fingers leaving his balls and finding my clit, pinching it as I bobbed on his cock.
He pulled himself out of my mouth, breathlessly, “I’m going to cum if ya keep that up, lay down fer me.”

He leaned over me, in between my legs once more. I was still touching myself as he got into a comfortable position. His hand going to check how wet I was before he entered, had stopped when it met mine. “Lil doll, why are you doin’ my job fer me, hm?” The tone of voice sparked a bit of fear in me; it was, dark and challenging. Feeling tipsy still I snap back quickly “You’re takin your time gettin ready I figured you wouldn’t mind” I say, wanting to invoke this darker side of him. “Hm is that so?” He shoved his cock into my wet ass folds, pumping in and out with fervor, “this still too slow fer ya? You wanna run that by me again Honey?” Truly rutting into me with all he had. I moaned out his name, how many time’s i'm not sure. The rest of my vocabulary at this moment was gone from my head. Time was gone.
It had been a hot second since I had last fucked.

But by god was this fucking.
As he pumped in and out he took one of my bouncing tits in his mouth, still wet with my salvia that had drooled down while I was sucking him off. He bit down on my nipple and I wrapped my legs around him, his pace slowing from the resistance.

He shoved himself deep in my pussy and stayed there, still. I let out a lewd moan, my pussy clenching as his dick buried in me, having hit my end. He groaned like an animal, unashamedly panting, and his hips started slowly moving again. With the knowledge he just gained he thrusted into me hard and slow. His slow pace was making me build tension quickly in my belly.

“Fuck yer just gettin’ tighter, ya like that huh? Want me to fuck ya hard and slow?”

I claw at his arms with my nails, out of breath and barely able to speak I whisper, “Shinji you know that's what I want”.
I could faintly see him smirk and he leaned down kissing me once more. Our tastes melted together. It was the best thing in your mouth this whole trip. The kiss was slower than earlier, caressing my mouth with tenderness I hadn't expected.

He took his free hand that wasn't supporting him, and let it drift down to my clit. He flicked it in perfect harmony with his thrust. I almost came right then. My legs clenched down wanting him to fill me more while he did this magic. He got the memo and pumped in and out of my wet folds with a slightly faster pace, squeezing and flicking my clit in time with his cock.

The rope was about to snap inside me, moaning, I grabbed my tits and played with myself there. Taking notice he says, “god damn that's hot, yer close to cummin’ on this cock? Huh? Fuckin’ picture perfect from this angle doll” hearing his voice added even more to the sensation, “ngh, yes Shinji, fuck your cock feels so good” , he chuckled “want me to cum with ya Honey?”

I couldn't think of anything I wanted more, the thought of feeling his cum in me made me light up inside. Gasping out “oh fuck Shinji youre gunna make me cum.”
“You got it doll” He hiked my legs up on his shoulders and rammed me like i've never been before. His hard cock slamming in, making sloppy sounds from my juices. The smell of sex heavy in the air. It was all too much, I felt a snap inside as he thrusted deep and I screamed. I felt my pussy clench hard on Shinji’s cock. He called out my name, “____, perfect timin’ Im cummin with ya Doll, fuck” I could feel his thick cum fill me. It made the orgasm crash into me again. He kept pushing through, thrusting, riding it with me. He breathed hard and moaned long as his thrusts slowed, cum emptying out. He stilled, coming to a stop. Energy and orgasm spent, he rested on top of me, cock still inside.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek, “jesus fuck ____, yer somethin else aint ya?” I laughed not knowing what to say. He slowly dragged himself out of me, cum seeping out in between my legs. He took a long finger and ran it between my folds. Clit still sensitive, I jolted and moaned from the sudden touch, electricity still lingering from our session. He lifted it to my mouth. Whispering, “ Taste how sweet you are Honey.” With that edge back in his voice you obliged. Treating his finger like you did his cock earlier you slowly took his finger in your mouth and dragged down, slurping up the mess you two created off his finger. “Mmm, that's my girl.” He laid to my side and let his long arm rest across my torso after pulling his blanket on top of us. “We can wash these later,hm?” Chuckling he fell silent, and kissed my shoulder, before we both drifted into a deep, well earned sleep.

Chapter 2: Soul Canyon

Summary:

The journey continues, terrain changes.

Chapter Text

Slowly I let my eyes blink open, noticing a peculiar smell, and realizing it's still dark out. My body was hardened and used to the saying, if the sun beats you up, it’ll be a hard day ahead.

Sitting up on my elbows my shirt falls, revealing my bare skin. Why was it unbuttoned- Oh. That is what I'm smelling…us. Memories of last night flood into my fuzzy mind. Honey being shared, the hand on my hip…

I look over, squinting in the dark tent. Shinji is spread out next to me, chest fully exposed, long blonde hair resting all around him, if there were more light, I would have thought he looked like a painting.

Straightening myself I shake my head, a pounding in my temples, waking up with my thoughts. Looking around for my shorts I manage to feel them next to me and shimmy them back on. Slowly I crawled out of the tent, remembering to go to the satchel of supplies. I walked lightly to the bag. Digging through it my hand found the medical kit. There was a neat assortment of medicines. Carefully picking out some ginger root I popped it in my mouth to chew. Though it was not appetizing, the thought of a smaller human was even less so.
Hoisting myself up to stand I grab the kettle that had been clipped to another sack and the herb pouch tied on the handle.

I walk over and sit on the log Shinji had found, striking up another fire from yesterday’s leftovers. By how the air felt the sun was not far from beginning a new day. And getting started on a hangover cure was first on my to-do list.
I sit content, listening to the desert slowly awaken. Coyotes catching squealing jack rabbits, sand being woken and pushed by the breeze the night typically brings, that would soon fade into nothing once more.

I had no intention of waking up Shinji, the man did put in some work…
The kettle was boiling now and I began dropping in the typical herbs I use when I indulge too much in the spirits. The smell of lavender and peppermint rising, I know the relief it will bring me is going to be superb.

Another sound caught my ear, rummaging in the tent. He was up sooner than I expected.

Knowing I will have to face him does not make me nervous now that I have sobered up. We are adults, things happen. Just a casual thing.

The blondie pokes his head out, a crinkled up shirt lazily hanging off of him. He glanced at the kettle, “Hey” is all he says. So he remembers. “Good mornin’ sir”, giving him a small wave over, “got some tea goin if your head is hurtin’ any like mine.”
“Mmm, well it smells almost as good as you, so sure doll.” He stood, brushing invisible dirt off of him. I scoff trying to hide the smile creeping up on my face, “You got it.”

I fully expected him to act as if nothing had happened between us, that’s how it usually goes. But clearly he was not letting it slide under the rug. It was a nice change perhaps.

Done stretching out his lanky body he walked on over to me, sitting about an inch away. I stilled, floored at how close he was, very forward.
“Pass me the cups will ya please? Looks like it’s’a bout done.” Damn, I forgot about the cups. Getting up to snag em from the bag, I walk over to where I had visited previously.

 

Rummaging around till I felt thin cold metal, a small trumpet of victory sounds off in my head. With the cups in my grasp I turn. Had I turned any faster I would have smacked into the towering man. He hadn’t made a sound. Stunned, I drop the cups and stumble, trying to keep my momentum from colliding with him. "What the fu-” , before I could finish he took his hand up under my chin, titling my jaw making me face his gaze. Looking at me with dark, half hooded eyes, he doesn't smile. “Doll, don’t think I take what happened last night lightly. I need you to know this.”

The sudden change of character caught me off guard. I inhale sharply, letting my eyes drift from his eye contact, the intensity rolling off him made me nervous again. “___, I can’t have ya walkin’ around camp actin’ like yer scared of me.”

Fear wasn’t the right word for it, and I would not let myself admit he made me nervous. That almost seemed worse.

“Bold of you to assume so Blondie.” I yank my face from his grip, beginning to pick up the cups and head back to the warmth. “You're going to make me burn my tea.”

He burst into laughter, “There’s the Honey I met, glad to have ya back.”
A nerve popping out of my forehead sat with a huff. “Don’t tell me yer gettin’ a crush on your guide Shinji, classic mistake.”

“Spit fire ain’t ch’ya” Giving me a wink. Also not denying my accusation. I pour our drink, and hand his up to him as he walks over.

“We need to hurry our stuff together after we finish this.” Dawn had begun, the sky being alight with pinks and yellows.
He silently agrees, sighing contentedly as he takes his first sip.

 

The tea is reinvigorating. Within a half hour we were dressed and everything packed, back on Rufus and Moxy. Fire kicked out with sand by our boots as soon as the tea was gone, smoke during daylight was a near death sentence.

I have to practically fling myself onto my saddle, and with how dizzy I still feel after the sudden movement, I nearly fall off the other side. Grabbing the reins I'm able to steady myself. Silently I thank the heavens my hat didn't fall off or I'd have to repeat this process all over again.

Shinji with his stature had no issues getting on my smaller mare. Though I spot him shaking his head ever so slightly, his grogginess most likely lingering as well.

The tea helped but I never said it was a miracle worker.

The spot we had set up camp looked like no one had ever touched it, just as it should be if we want a safe trip to the other side.

 

“Yaa!” I gently press my spurs into Rufus, giving him the green light to absolutely hall ass. He jerks forward, eager after his rest to get moving. The more distance we can travel before the sun is above us the better.

Moxy follows suite, earning a yelp of surprise from Shinji who had still not gotten accustomed to my riding style.
We rode for hours, taking small trotting breaks ever so often as to not break the stallions. And partly to give our asses a breather, riding like this was not for the faint of butts.

By my calculations since we had been traveling for 3 days, today being our fourth, we were a tad under half way there.

The sun sits in the sky just about to hit the 3 o'clock position. And finally I start to see the landmark I've been waiting for, the walls of the canyon.

Us guides don't typically travel this way, as outlaws love being predictable. Some will hide out during the cooler months and wait for travelers who are ignorant of the dangers that laid before them. This month was leaning on the hotter side. Hopeful that the weather will keep them at bay.

It would not be the first time I’ve had to make it through. During my training Boss had made me learn the ins-and-outs of the rocky terrain. After all, we could charge more with that kind of knowledge.

I faintly heard Shinji call out. I slowed Rufus to a trot. He was on my right side and as I slowed he got closer. “Honey, when I said the long way I did not mean Soul Canyon. Are ya sure this is a good idea?”
I shook my head, also not excited about the decision. “It’s where Boss told me to go, he’s the map maker, I just go the way he tells me. And this won’t be my first or last time through here so don’t worry.”

He let out a bark of laughter. “Rich yer tellin’ me not to worry Doll. But we need to make a game plan if someone nasty turns up.” He was right. I had my pistol, and he had his. And the last thing I wanted was to lose my horsy companions. Not again.

“What do you suggest then.”
“Well yer not gunna like it, but let me take care of ‘em, and get these pretty ponies somewhere safe.” I gawk at him, insulted he would suggest I ride away from a fight. “I see how yer lookin’ at me with those flaming honey eyes but I’m serious. You haven't seen what I can do yet.”
He wasn’t smiling. He had a look of steel. And honestly if it meant getting a helping hand for once and keeping my horses alive, while still getting paid? I considered it. “If you die on me, Boss will make sure I follow you soon after I get back, so don't fuck it up.”

“You got it Doll.”
With it decided, we fly.

 

Soul Canyon lived up to its name. Too many lost souls to count, eaten, forgotten. Sleeping here at night was always a challenge. If you listened close enough you could hear the echoes of the violence that has happened here.

We dismounted at the entrance, no need to make ourselves easy targets. We walked on the inside of the horses, even though I did not want them harmed, it would be dumb to walk in the open, leaving anyone a clear shot. If we could get past the first few miles of the canyon without running into anyone we would be safe for a moment in the middle of this haunting monument of rocks.

 

Knowing we had a few more hours of sun was a comfort. Being at the entrance during the darker hours was not a risk worth taking. It would be better to just stay out in the desert till the next day. Some lessons you learn hard.

Shinji seems as relaxed as ever. He had two pistols on either side of his hips. Though I only had one for my personal, Boss had lent me one of his rifles that lay on my back, a loop of fabric lay across my torso holding it to me. It brings some peace of mind. But only some.

Coming to a clearing, my stomach tightens. I push back the flashes of unwelcome memories. Shinji seems to notice the muscles of my body tense as we near. He gives me a side glance, but not being as disrespectful as to ask why. He could guess. And now was not the time for speaking, only soundless ques could be made if we wanted to make sure we weren’t compromised. We both knew this.

He brings up his fist, in a stopping motion. Just a few feet from entering an empty space in front of us. We halt immediately. We wait.
Currently we were in the shade of the cliffs. Shadows giving us some sort of protection from plain sight.
The clearing was flooded with sunlight however. It was blinding.

I follow Shinji's gaze, scanning the area, looking up to high in the caverns above I see a glint of metal. Fuck. I hoped it was a dead man. But knowing my luck it was a vulture, who had not yet spotted us. If it weren't for the man next to me I could already be dead. In my experience no one goes up that high. Not until today. They must be getting desperate.

Shinji handed me the reins of Moxy. Grateful for his sharp perception, I nod. He smiles with a wink, taking both pistols out of their homes. I step back so the horses won't be in shooting distance if something were to ricochet.

Before I get too far from him he walks over, whispering almost too low for me to hear “Don’t scream.” I can’t even react before he sprints out into the pool of light. I nearly break his request. In an instant gun fire is going off.
Horses not too bothered stay still, having not been new to these types of sounds.
I skitter forward almost tripping to get a better view of what's happening.

Wide eyed I watch. It was almost like a dance. He whirled around out of the range of the ammo. The man above did not have an automatic, and loading was stalling him. Shinji had the upper hand with his own speed. Dodging with ease.

With how the outlaw had been positioned Shinji really didn't have a choice other than to draw him out of his nook. Turns out he also had a partner. That body was already hanging off the cliff’s edge, fresh blood dripping down. Damn he was fast.

To top it off Shinji was wearing a cheshire smile, obviously enjoying the predicament this enemy was in.

Having some time as the man loaded once more, and one enemy down. Shinji took the opportunity to shoot directly above the man’s head. Rocks exploded and a scream followed. A thick hill country accent shouting down, “You son of a bitch, yer toyin’ with me!”

Chuckling, Shinji shot again in a blink of an eye. Hitting to the right of where he had previously. Another explosion of rocky shrapnel hit the man. The side of his face clearly bloodied as he lifted his head up to aim for the long haired cowboy in front of me.

“Come down here and lemme show you a real fight then, if ya wanna be mad about playin’ dirty now.”

Taking the bait, either from the anger that his buddy bein' dead or the not so pretty face he now had, he jumped up and sled down the rocky hill below him. It really must’ve taken half a day to get up there considering.

Sliding down the steep drop he hit the dirt below, impact stunning him slightly. And before he could collect himself, Shinji was in front of him. Instantly raising his leg, round housing the man, making a hard connection with his shin. The kick so hard the stranger flew a few feet.

A loud crack sounded through the clearing and the man clutching his collar bone, gasping. Either from how hard Shinji had just kicked or how the man happened to land, something sharp and white was now peaking out of his skin. The man was done for.

Shinji took a few steps over to meet the criminal who was on the ground, pathetically clawing at the broken skin and bone. Sneering he knelt down next to the mans now bloody and tear streaked face. “ You sorry sack of shit, your first mistake was aiming that gun at Honey.” and with that he placed his pistol to the head, no hesitation pulling the trigger. Putting him out of his well deserved misery.

He looked over and blew a puff of air on the barrel of his gun. Satisfied.
Waving me over, I tighten my hold on the reins and meet him at the center of the clearing.
We started walking again. In total silence. I could still feel the anger that was rolling off of him. To think that someone simply pointing a gun at me invoked this reaction.

The tightness in my body left as we began inching towards the center of the canyon. We would most likely be here for two days since we had to walk on foot. Extending our trip by a day, This place was massive.

A few hours pass, still no words uttered from the typically talkative blonde. The sun has started to make its descent. Sky becoming pink once more.

I could tell he was looking for a safe place for us to rest, though it seemed unlikely that would happen. I suppose we can take turns as lookouts.

He paused in his walk, handing me the reins of my mare. “Gimme a sec.” So I do, snagging a canteen from the bag to let me and the horse have a drink while we wait.

I see him take a right, disappearing in a crevasse. My eyes widen, the opening had blended in so well with the texture of the walls I hadn’t even noticed it.
About 4 minutes pass and he pops his head out, he nudging his head to where he had just came from, beckoning us.
The opening was barley big enough for Rufus, but we managed to fit through. Give about 20 feet or so, a small space opened up for a perfect hidden sleeping ground.

I sigh in relief hoping the lookout situation would not be happening after all.

By the looks of it we had barely enough room to set up the tent. Though setting up a fire would probably keep us warm enough if we end up sleeping under the stars.

I get the set up with the horses over with first, having their pail and some dried berries set out. Luckily for them they began finding some dried vegetation in the small cracks of the rock that had died since the last fall of rain. It was sparse but it was something.

Turning Shinji had sat on the ground setting up the tinder we had manage to bring with us for the journey. I plop down next to him, happy for my ass to have a break, and sigh loudly. And this time he even managed to get the fire goin’.

“Ya tired Doll?” Leaning back with his arm behind him as support he let his eyes close as he chewed on some jerky he’d found. “Ya, you could say that, it’s been a hot sec since my ass has had a ride like that.” I kick myself internally for the wording I chose. “Mmmm, you don’t say.” He was smirking now with his eyes still shut. He pats the spot right next to him, “lay on your stomach.” Confused at the command I stay put, “Excuse me?”. He straightens up looking at me now, “I’m gunna help ya out, don’t worry.” It could have been the tiredness in me or gratitude I felt at the fact he had just killed two men for our safety, I decided to comply.

There was no sand here, just hard compact red dirt. I placed myself next to him, my face in front of the fire. I was not going to leave this source of heat. Sun nearly down, and already having vanished behind the cliffs, the cold was making a come back.

I nearly scream when he gives my jeans a good tug down, letting them rest midthigh. He had already placed his hands on my cheeks, digging his thumbs in the center, hitting the knots of muscle that had been growing in intensity all day. I do not even have room to comment at the outlandish move he just made. The massage was worth every bit of shame I would feel later. I simply let my head fall on my crossed arms in front of me. I at least try to hold in the small groans of pleasure, but a few do escape.

This man who had just murdered those men was squeezing my ass into a heavenly state. He was quite the character.

He didn’t chuckle either or make any smart remarks. After a few minutes passed of no conversation I begin to feel bad. Who was supposed to be helping who? My whole job was to cater to clients.

I lift up my torso, resting on my elbows now. But not quite ending the massage, letting my legs stay put. I turned my head to face him, glancing over my shoulder, “Shinji, why are ya bein’ so kind to me, you’re payin’ me here. Not the other way around.”

This earned a laugh, “I like you, duh ya idiot.” I blushed. After a few more squeezes he gives me a small spank and hikes my pants back with another strong tug. “Alrighty Darlin’, I don't think I can do this much longer, a lil tired. Hope that helped ya out though. I know how bad it can be.” A genuine smile rests on his face. I stand, dusting myself off. I nodd back, giving him the same favor of a real smile. Turning, I go behind him and sit. “Unbutton your shirt, loser.” He shoots me a glance over the shoulder, a questioning look in his face. I raise my eyebrow, waiting. He undoes it and shrugs it off. I began working on his shoulders, my face pink at touching his sculpted long back. He let out a breathy moan, his head going limp and hanging in relaxation as I continue. I roll my thumbs into the crevasses of the thick muscle, working my way down, and stopping to pay special attention to specific knots I ran into. He honestly could have been asleep if I hadn’t have known better. He’s a snorer.
As I get to the end of his back, he twists around. Torso now slightly facing me. Eyes heavy with something I don't recognize, he sweeps me up with one strong arm. Setting me across his lap bridal style, his face comes down on mine. Unlike last night this was less hungry, more soothing, slow, shallow.

I cup his face, fully accepting the unexpected gesture. He wraps his arms around me in response. Ever so lightly deepening the sweet kiss.

He pulls away. “Thank ya, fer lettin me take care of those fools earlier. I know it’s not yer typical thing, staying behind.” I blink, surprised of the thank you. A small bubble of appreciation burst in my chest. “Thank you for thanking me. You did such a good job, it was hard bein’ mad.”
He squeezed his arms around me “Didn’t take ya as the kind to go around flattering folks.”
When he had squeezed me, pressing myself closer into him, I felt a nudge on my ass.
“I don’t” , reaching down I went ahead and squeezed the building erection in his jeans.

He sucked in air sharply, stunned I had my hand around him. He grew twice as hard instantly.
“Are ya sure, Honey?” His voice gravelly already. In truth he had awoken a being in me I had not known previously, a hungry one. Especially after how he had caressed my ass just now.

I give a curt nod. “Ya know we’ll have ta’ keep it down right?” the shit eating smirk back again. Licking my lips I reply with a “Yes sir.”

He stands, going ahead and freeing himself from the jeans, and boxers. He beckoned me to stand as well. After I do, he takes care of my clothes as well. Standing so close I can feel his breath hitting me.

Once his first goal is complete, I feel hands wrap around my waist and go to my ass, squeezing once again. Cock pressing on the outside of my folds. I can already feel the pooling begin again.

He chuckles, and begins to walk me backwards, until I feel cold stone on my back side.
His body presses into mine as he leans down to capture my lips in his. His slick and expert tongue slipping into my mouth. My body responding on its own accord, my leg hikes itself up to rest near his waist. His hand grabs the back of my thigh that had risen, squeezing it more. With my leg where it was now it gave him more access. And as we enjoy one another's lips, the length of him rubs against me from this new position. Moaning into me at this contact he began dry humping, giving me even more friction. Keeping quiet was more of a challenge for Shinji at this point, his groans growing animalistic as the seconds pass. The shaft of his cock getting slick just from rubbing against my outside. We would both need release soon. With my leg that was lifted hooked around his waist, I squeezed against him, asking. He whispered so close to my ear I shivered from his breath, “Yes ma’am”, quickly grabbing my other leg still planted on the ground, he wrapped it around his waist and let the head of his cock dip into the throbbing, soaking folds. Pumping his thick girth up into me had me instantly clenching his dick. He grunted into my neck, lips connecting with my skin. Marking what was his. “Doll, if you keep squeezin’ me like that I can’t keep takin’ my time.” The way he said it was almost a purr, and he kept thrusting up into me as he spoke. Naturally I clenched again, it was truly out of my control when his voice was so heavy with sex.
Breathily I managed to get out, “then don’t take your time, sir.” In response to my remark, his light sucks and kisses on my neck turned into bites and his hips jerked up faster, pumping in and out with a delectably sloppy n' wet sound.

“God damn, I love that fuckin sound of your gushing pussy.” I felt his cock pulse as I clenched down on him with tight walls. “Ngh, fuck, you like when I talk dirty to ya, huh?” I tried stifling a loud lewd moan. This quiet game was killing me.
“Ah, is it gunna make you a happy girl to be covered in my cum again? Cus’ I can’t fucking wait.” And with that he let his thick cock hit my cervix over and over again, his thrusts were harder and shorter, cock never leaving my insides now. My back getting torn up from the roughness of the canyon wall somehow made this feel even better.
I arched myself against him, his head rolled back in pleasure and his mouth open. “I’m so fuckin deep ___. God how could you have such a divine fucking cunt, fuc-” I came. Cutting off his compliment he seized his hips, his cock having responded to my sweetness, my walls squeezing his cum out into me. I felt the thick liquid fill me even more than his cock already was. Though he stopped moving I jerked my hips against him for more friction. Pussy throbbing uncontrollably, my orgasm isn't done. He gasped loudly, hands squeezing my legs so hard there may be bruises in the morning. After my little thrusts into him, more cum came into me. He slowly was coming undone underneath me. His cock twitched, filling me more. “Yer so fuckin’ dirty gettin’ all my seed like this, greedy girl.” I giggle, letting my small thrusts stop, and with our bodies still, I kiss him. I noticed his sweet taste on his lips, not tasting myself this time. It was a slow, passion filled kiss, a “we just fucked so good” kiss. Still inside me I feel him stiffen up again. Using his cum as lube he starts slowly grinding into me. At this point our mixed cum is running down my ass cheeks. My clit swollen, becomes a mess of sparks, still trying to recover from him. I jerk and my finger nails dig into his shoulders where I have been clinging onto. Looks like both our backs would be marked up tomorrow. “Shinji, nghhh, please I'm too sensitive right now, fu-” he jerks his cock up and stills, “And where was that consideration fer me?”, chuckling, “an maybe I want a round two, really teach ya a lesson about sensitivity.” A toothy grin beaming down at me. As I start to respond I’m cut off, the silence of the canyon broken with a gun shot in the distance.
Shinji’s changes suddenly from his classic smile, to narrowed eyes and a serious aura. He gently pulls out while groaning, and sets me down. His hard cock exposed to the outside world once more it glistened with wetness. My mouth watered, and my cheeks turned pink in what I believe was slight shame from wanting to clean him off with my tongue.

“___, that sounded a ways away from us, but go ‘head and get cleaned up. An’ don’t worry ‘bout stayin’ up. I’ll keep watch.” I don’t argue and grab my rag from our bags. Dipping it in the cold water pail I start to give myself a rodeo bath. Feeling less than squeaky clean I digress. Satisfied I’m no longer sticky, I throw the same set of sleeping clothes I had worn previously.

Shinji got his own rag out and took care of himself the same. Fully clothed now we sat back down on the ground in front of the fire that had continued on. I rested my head in his lap, laying haphazardly, as comfortably as I could. He had already brought over our blankets and covered me up as he sat tall. Petting my hair absent mindedly he lulled me to sleep. No more words were exchanged, a silent agreement. The gun shot was far but there was no telling which direction the culprit was heading.

Chapter 3: Strawberry Inn

Summary:

Some tension because emotions are uncomfy~

Notes:

I swear I will eventually not have the same ending each chapter...maybe.

Chapter Text

We woke up early that morning, the silence was heavier than last time we had slept together. It wasn't necessarily a comfortable silence either. It was clear this was going in one of two directions.
And I did not want to consider either.

Continuing on the canyon path on horseback, the day was going by surprisingly quick.

Shinji was slightly ahead of me, peaking back ever so often. I made sure to dart my eyes away before we could make contact. I could tell he was becoming frustrated.

I've had men catch feelings before, people get lonely out here, it is understandable when you have no one else to focus on. But with past experiences there is a sense of this only being temporary. When the time comes for us to part, it is going to be a matter of days before both of us forget about each other.

 

I would not say my way of dealing with getting attached is healthy. I could tell Shinji was making an impression on me. Trying to lessen the blow for later, I silently agreed to myself that sleeping with him would have to stop. I need to start separating my feelings from my work.

 

My concentration broken by the voice of the man I was thinking of, “Hey kid, which way?”

I look to Shinji, having zoned out I hadn't noticed us coming up at a fork in the canyon. Based on the pattern I knew it was left. I silently pulled Rufus’s reins and got in front of him, now leading. I heard an audible tsk from his direction but kept my gaze ahead of us.

“What’s with this new you, hm? Did I offend ya or somthin’?” He seemed to be genuinely inquiring, his voice lacked the typical edge of confrontation.
“No, you haven’t. So let’s focus, shall we?”

“Oh ok, so this is how yer gunna play it huh.” There it was, that edge. Just needed some bait.

I keep riding in silence. He follows suit.

Hours pass, time is ever plenty it seems. And clouds began to roll in. A rarity.

The sun slowly became covered with a light grey. The temperature did not lower by much but a break from the intensity of the sun was always welcome.

 

I decided to continue on horseback, despite us growing nearer the exit of the rocky maze. The bad mood I was in gave me an edge as well. Maybe silence was not the best of options, I could feel the tension building with the anger growing from blondie and my frustration too.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted movement ahead. A glint of silver. A man with a thief's bandana on his head ducks back down. Finally something to take out this emotion on.

Nonchalantly tossing my hair over my shoulder I look at Shinji, “stay here.”

And I charge. Anyone with that bandana belongs to a gang I am not fond of. No need to wait for them to make a move.

I hear him shout. But he can deal with being the one behind this time.

Rufus, in sync with me, dodges to the left as a bullet is shot at us. I whip out my pistol, letting my legs hold on for me. I aim at the over confident man now standing directly in my line of sight. I fire into his chest once, twice, he's down. I hear a man scream in anger, another member jumps over a boulder with a shotgun.

I quickly squeeze Rufus with my legs, telling him to speed up. There not being much distance between us and some decently sized boulders, we sprint. As Rufus manages to get behind the barrier we come to an abrupt halt. Anger fueling me at this point I step off the stallion.

Looking back to where I had come from Shinji is staring hard at me, disapproving of my actions. When he realized I had gotten off Rufus his breathing became heavier, a look of permission crossed his face. I gave a curt head nod to the right, this is mine. Before I could see his reaction to me, I turned. Stepping out to see the man had managed to load up, within a split second I was already shooting at the ground close by him. Dust is kicked up everywhere. He panics and as he aims I step back behind the boulder.

Shrapnel flies and rock explodes. The opportunity while he has to reload is now. I jump from the coverage and run towards the man. He hears the heavy steps as his hands are shoving ammo into the barrel and looks up instinctively.

My bullet flies to his forehead. Clean. He drops and I walk to the rocks they had been using. There is nothing but silence. I see some trash, a pack of tobacco with some rolling papers, and a bag of their supplies. Guess they weren't expecting to be staying here long.

I pick up my prize and whistle for Rufus to come back to me. Moxy and Shinji ride up to the scene.
Cocky, I spun one pistol on my finger, and blew off the barrel once it halted.
“What the fuck ___”. He hopped off the mare and towered over me. I gave him a smile and winked. I had intended for that to be my only response, turning to get on Rufus, until he grabbed my arm. Hard. He spun me back to him, “I said what the fuck ___, answer me.”

I blinked, stunned he was actually this upset. “ I did my job, what do you mean?”
He scoffed, “ Yea I get that Honey, but it is clear somethin’ is wrong. You killed two men in less than five minutes and haven't spoken to me all day, after we’d just fucked last night. So what the fuck is goin on, I don't appreciate you steam rollin me.”

I inhale sharply, “You think yer entitled to me now that you’ve managed to get me to sleep with you? This is a job, what do you expect? Hm?”

He straightened, his face becoming emotionless, minus a steel glare. “Ah, so I managed to get you to fuck me. Right, because I really was the only one wanting that huh? Yer wicked, I’ll give ya that.” He got back up on Moxy, looking down at me before trotting away.

I made sure to get rid of any emotion on my face, despite the anger now bubbling in my blood. Not only him getting the last word, but the truth of what he said embarrassed me.

I flung myself onto my companion and galloped up to the other pair. Passing with no spare glance.

The harder we ride the sooner we will be in town.

 

Kura town would be our last stop before getting to the destination. And thank the lord for that. A bath was a dire need at this very moment. Especially to make sure I have washed myself clean of Shinji.

It took perhaps a few hours before a small few buildings popped up onto the horizon.

I’ve been to Kura town many times working for the company. We are side by side as we roll into town. The Strawberry Inn is in the middle of the town, painted red, and two stories high. A beloved staple here. Dismounting we hand the stable hand the horses for them to be washed and given a stall. And despite my efforts to grab as much as possible of our supplies, Shinji managed to get most of it. Now it seemed we were just competing at this point.

Huffing in defeat I lug the shit through the swinging doors. The older man with a thick mustache waved, “Well howdy, Ms.___ ever nice to see yer lovely face again, and hello sir welcome to the Strawberry Inn.” I cant help but beam. “Howdy Mr, it’s nice seein’ you again as well.” Shinji half heartedly smiled, lopsided and clearly forced. “How many rooms fer yall-” “Two.” I look to Shinji for his short and quick answer. Not only for the rudeness of cutting off the man, but surprised he’d want to waste the money.
The older man glances at me and then Shinji before smiling and handing us two keys.

“Thanks so much Mr, ‘pperciate it.” I lead the way to the rooms, knowing the numbers by heart.
I shoved open my door, still struggling to carry what I managed to snag. “If I have any of your stuff that you need, just holler at me, and i'll throw it your way since we are next door to each other”, looking at him to see if he heard me.

“Sure.”

And with that he went into his room without sparing me a glance. Alright then.

I organize the supplies to the best of my abilities, making a pile for my things and his, just in case.

I make my way to the bath immediately, and try to fill the claw foot tub at least half way. I lower myself into the steaming clear water. I lay my body as low as I can so my body can get as submerged as it can be. The feeling of grim slowly leaving my skin. My hair became clean once more.

I would have to celebrate this moment of peace with a drink. I felt excited at the prospect of getting decent looking and being around other people. It has been a good minute.

I step out of the tub, the water brown now. Not surprising. I unplugged the drain and made a note to take one more bath before we leave, that was too good to be true.

I managed to keep one outfit clean during the desert trek. I throw on the dark green button up and tuck it into the dark blue jeans I typically favored. Since the dirt shows up more, I tend to save them for socializing.

Boots on and hair mostly dry, I head to the saloon.

The sun is nearly set as I exit the Inn. The clouds seem to be heavier now. Perhaps we would be lucky enough to have some rain. If we did, we’d even get to stay a day longer, floods were no joke and if it rained there would be no way I’d risk Rufus and Moxy.

I walk into the familiar pair of blue swinging doors. The saloon is already bustling, as soon as I take my first step, only one boot in the door, my old friend Renji behind the bar waves me down. “YEEHAW, is that ____??!” I smile and walk over, taking a seat at an empty barstool.

He threw his towel over his shoulder, already working on my usual. “Dear lord, I figured I’d be 50 by the time I saw ya again. Boss really running you ragged huh?” Giving me a wink. Always so flirtatious.
Setting my head in my hands, elbows propped, I can't help but grin, I've missed ‘em. “You know it bud. How’ve things been?”. He hands me my whiskey, “Oh the same old, Rukia given’ me a run for my money per usual, she may even be expecting, if we’re lucky enough.”

“Oh then you’re really gunna have to get a real job huh?” He belts out his loud signature laugh, “Damn, you may be right ____.”

We caught up on a lot while I sipped away at the beautiful liquid. We’d’ve known each other for the better half of a decade. While I was working as a guide, I ran into Renji who got caught between the wrong crowd and he owed them some coin. As had I, and with our talents had managed to conjure up a plan and had them bite the bullet instead. Literally. Less competition for boss and a smaller chance we would be hunted down ourselves. Win win.

Renji had tried his shot with me but I wanted a friend instead. Respectably he complied and then found Rukia. A woman who truly could put him in his place, I loved her for it.

Renji was telling me about how he had finally proposed to her about a year ago before he slowly trailed off, staring in the distance. “Uhm, ___, this blondie behind us has been staring at ya hard pretty much this whole time. Do I need to go have a word with him?”

Four whiskey’s in I turn with no hesitancy. I narrow my eyes as they meet Shinji’s. He doesn't bother looking away when I clearly caught him. He glared harder at me before taking a long pull from his own drink, his fifth by the looks of it. Maintaining eye contact the whole time, before setting the drink down and smirking at me. I can play this game too asshole. I give a slow lick to my lips, taking a sip of my glass, and turn around to set my glass down in front of me.

Renji knew that glint in my eye after I turned back to him. “Lover’s quarrel, huh? I’ve been there.” I smiled, “yea something like that, someone seems to be upset about having his hook-up privilege cut off.” Words slurring slightly.
“Oh damn, gave him the cold shoulder trick you do huh?” He laughed, “too bad it's obvious you like him.”
I turned red, “Renji shut the fuck up, you do-hiccup- don't know that yer talkin’ about.”

“Oh come on _____, every time I laugh he looks like he wants to set me on fire, and the fact you looked back at him to take a drink is you trying to set the fire off. I aint dumb, me and Rukia do the same damn thing when we fight.”

“I will only let that comment slide because I am too drunk to argue. But you're wrong, he prolly don't care, he’s just a man after all -hiccup-”
“Wanna test that theory?” A questioning look falls onto my face before I can answer. Grinning, he grabs my hand with his, and gives my hand a slow gentleman’s kiss.

I am about to yank my hand back and bust out laughing before I hear a chair screeching against the floorboards. Shinji had stood up, shoving the chair back, and stormed out.

A few people watched him leave before continuing on with their conversation.

“You dumb ass, clearly he likes you.” I roll my eyes, “Renji you just made this so much work for meee.” He tsked, “you whine so much when you drink.”

We keep on talking before I am basically giggling out of control at one of his jokes.” Ok I’m cuttin’ you off. When you laugh this hard at my jokes I know you gotta pump the breaks. Go get some rest and if you're staying past tonight come say hi again. Maybe I can get Rukia to take a break from the cattle for you to say hi.”

I smile, “Mmm, whatever you party pooper. Thanks for the welcome back Renji.”

I slowly get up, stumbling from the surprising weight of my boots.

“Maybe you're right -hiccup-” I laugh. He waves me off, shaking his head as I leave.

 

The walk back is a quick one, despite my wobbly stride. I make it up the stairs by the grace of god and let myself plop onto my bed without even taking off my attire. It's not worth it at this point.

I'm drifting off before I hear a sound.

A moan.

I think I may have imagined it after another wave of silence and rolled over, letting my eyes flutter shut again.

“Oh god”

I sit up, I was drunk but that had clearly come from my next door neighbors room.
My heart sank.

I sat there for a second not knowing what to do. I mean he had the right to. I just hadn’t thought it would be so soon. A piece of me hoping he did actually care and not just want his dick wet.

At that thought, the sadness was wiped out by anger. I stood up and walked to the wall. Ear against the cool wood.

I heard his familiar panting, whispered curses, and a wet sound.

What the fuck. I knew some of the rooms had small inconsistencies in the walls, a hole or crack I might be able to find to see who he decided to replace me with. It would be less embarrassing than throwing his door open in jealous rage, making it obvious how pathetic I am.

I try my best to silently feel the crooks of the wall, and I find a board that seems to have a gap. I hunch down as it is closer to the ground. I peak through and freeze.

The room is lit up faintly with his oil lamp next to his bed. His bedside facing me, I see him lying there. His head thrown back, his body damp with sweat, and his hand surrounding his hard cock, pumping it steadily. That’s what was making that wet sound.

I'm mesmerized, drunk, and can't help the salivating that instantly happens. Licking my lips out of want this time instead of spite.

I shake my head. There’s no way I'm giving in, I can't let him win. I stumble back up and overcome with a heat wave that wraps around my body, I take off my attire. I throw on my oversized shirt and sit back down on the bed, trying to decide how I am going to go to sleep.

My mind is instantly back at him with his cock in hand. I’m too drunk to deny myself, I quietly go back to the peephole. Eager to see him touch himself. I couldn't help wanting it to be me he imagined riding him.

I look through and he is pumping faster now, rhythmically, haphazardly. He could be drunk too but I'm not sure.

My hand goes down to my own heat. I graze my clit and stifle a moan. My eyes that had shut snapped open, I was being careless. If I was going to be a pervert I needed to at least keep it a secret.

I looked back into his room. His hand was still. Head turned to me. I could have sworn he was looking straight at me. Without looking away he became pumping again, a breathy grunt coming from his lips.

“Still want to be stubborn Darlin’?” I freeze. He is definitely looking at me. Drunk me could not tell if he could see my one eye with the room so dark. Turns out he could.

Responding to my silence he pumps faster, “If you miss this cock I suggest you come on over ma’am. I can cum from just knowin’ yer touchin’ yerself to me.”

Seconds later I am opening my door and walking through his. The light was low and glowed a faint orange.

He chuckled, “Good choice Honey. Good choice.”

My eyes narrow, “Are you drunk Blondie?” Trying my best to keep my own words from blending together. “I am since I had to see that red head kiss yer hand in front of me. Ouch, ammiright?”

I swallow, Renji hit his target. Without replying I take my shirt off and climb onto his bed. I hover above him, letting myself crawl up onto him. He was practically straddled by me now, cock still in his hand, pumping, pressed against my stomach as I stared at him.

He stared back, his toothy grin plastered onto his face.

“You owe me an apology baby girl.” I raise my eyebrows, and replace his hand with mine. I moaned at the feeling of it back in my grip. Slick with his spit. I pump it. Pausing while he speaks,
“Nnghh, for saying I’m entitled to you, you came in here on yer own ____, didn’t ‘chya?”

I started pumping his twitching cock, staying silent, watching him. With my other hand I cup my tit and squeeze it. He swallowed hard, eyes on my chest, “Mm so yer just gunna ignore me huh? I-”

I'm tired of him trying to talk about us.

I lower his cock and let it press into my clit. His hands shoot to my hips that are hovering above him.

“Ok ok, we will talk about it later then. God damn that's hot.”

I reward him and slide his cock up and down my entrance, the outside letting him get more slick than he was before. He had a clear talent at getting me soaked. I rocked gently to get more friction between us. He slides his hand up to my chest to do what I had done earlier and replaced my hand. He squeezed my tit for me, and pinched my already hard nipple.

 

The faint orange glow complimented my body, I already knew that much. He stared into my gaze and didn’t make another move besides his hand playing with me.

I rolled my eyes,satisfied with the feeling of his dick against me, and ok with giving in, I decided I needed to feel it in me. Wanting to have an edge up on him still I slipped him in without warning.

My pussy welcomed his hard member with that yummy wet gush. He instantly bucked into me. “Honey, god damn, oh my god.” His head went back as he ground himself up onto me, the man was writhing in such pleasure it turned me on more. I squeezed my walls, purposely, he nearly yelled, “Baby please, please fucking ride me doll.”

I settled into a rhythm, and let my body bounce up and down with vigor after his request. Rolling my hips so each time he hit right where I wanted him to. It was so deep it was almost painful. His hands death gripping my ass as I fucked him like hes fucked me.

Skin slapping, Shinji was coming undone underneath me. I let my hands roam my own body, running through my hair and squeezing my bouncing tits. Like i was fucking him without a care in the world. He was looking at me with pupils completely blown, mouth hanging open, drool forming at the corner of his lips.

“Like what ya see?” I giggle at him as my hips continue pumping his cock in and out. He groaned and took one of his hands to reach for my clit.
“Honey, mmmnn, I - I cant keep from cumming into you again if y-you keep fucking me like this.”
I grab his wrist before his hand can reach his destination. “What a shame.” And I lift my hips from his cock. He sits up about to ask where I was going, not giving him the chance to ask the question that is clearly on his face. I whip myself around to straddle him while I'm facing the door.

“Oh fuck-” and before he can finish his sentence Im already on his cock again, letting my ass bounce in his face. Getting a full view of his cock penetrating me.

His moans turned into gasps and unintelligible words. His cock became bigger, swelling up from all the cum he was about to dump in me. I got more excited just thinking about him filling me again.

I bounce up and down, enjoying the audible wetness of my pussy.

“This view is fuckin’ divine doll, can I dump this load in you, hm? Im gunna fucking burst any second from this ass jiggling down on my cock.”

I moan in agreement, my hand going to my clit to pinch. “I’m gunna cum Shinji, aagh” I feel the snap inside me as I slam myself onto his rod knowing what I’m about to get.

“Fuck Honey, cum on this cock.” He grips my ass with his hands and presses up into my folds, holding me still from movement as he shouts my name. I feel his cock dump his load, twitching and making me feel fuller, if that was even possible. I squeeze from the pleasure and the grip on my ass is going to leave a mark. “Honey fuck dont squeeze, fuck.” He lets out another unabashed moan as I feel more of his cum pump into me. I fall next to him, our breathing slowly becoming even. Both covered in sweat.

The lamp is huffed out and we are consumed by darkness.

Chapter 4: Rainy day

Summary:

Felt like bringing in some cheesy, sappy moments. Hope you enjoy~

Chapter Text

Rain is hitting the roof as I lay on my back in Shinji’s bed. It’s a relieving noise that coaxes the pounding in my head to cease at least a little bit.

And slowly everything that happened flows back in like a shimmery dream.

I already knew he was gone from the bed, the lack of his heat was noticeable. He must’ve gone through my pack, as some herbs rested on the bedside table on my side.

After I managed to swallow the bitterness, I let myself rest, and contemplate. Drifting in and out of consciousness.

I wasn’t sure what to do, and I was only getting a few more days with him. That was the main factor in my mind. And it seemed like a waste of time to let myself open up to him. Even with how patient he seemed, I felt a twinge of fear admitting to him I had feelings for him. I’ve never succumbed to someone this many times so easily, so quickly. He just made my defenses turn off like a switch when I wasn't actively fighting against it.

And then there's the worry he may not even have actual feelings for me, there are some guys who do get jealous of what they think is theirs and not for much reason past that. But the strange blonde man did not have the possessive attitude you sometimes saw in others. He just seemed hurt, actually…

 

 

A loud -thwump- hits the bed. Jolting back awake from the light nap my body had settled into, I sit up looking down at the base of the bed where a heavy weight had now rested.

Shinji giving that toothy grin gives me a small wave, “Well, good mornin’, rainy days make it hard to get up huh?”

Just giving a curt nod I shyly smile back, “Yea, sorry about that.” hand scratching the back of my head, “the rain is a weak spot for me.”

He smiled bigger at my reply, a victory in his eyes. That I was having a normal conversation with him.

“How bout we go get some food in us? I know if I have a hangover, you definitely do despite that beautiful face.”

I blink a few times at his bold compliment. He winks before I'm able to say something smart to deflect him.

“And you need to get better at takin’ compliments' doll.” He walked over to the door, “i'll wait fer ya down in the lobby. Don't fall asleep again if ya can help it” and left me red faced as he shut the door.

I gathered up my oversized shirt and threw it back on since the only thing offering me protection currently was the thin blanket on the bed. Scurrying over to my room I did a rodeo bath so I wouldnt obviously smell like sex. With my dark blue jeans on again, I opted for my light blue shirt I had used a few days ago to sleep in. It was soft and not starchy like the other work button ups in my small collection. Today is clearly going to be a lounging day.

I had tried to wrestle my hair into a decent position but the humidity was having me fight for my life, not wanting to keep him waiting I give up since I had my hat anyways. I give myself a quick glance and a nod before heading to Shinji.

 

As I arrive in the lobby he was leaning against a wall, one foot propped up behind him, shoulders hunched over from his height as he chewed a piece of hay. Hands shoved in his pockets. Where he got the hay from I am not sure. But man did he look like a proper cowboy. He notices me and tips the brim of his hat up. Lookin’ at me with a relaxed, yet focused look.
Silently I walked to the exit and he met up with me as the doors swung behind us.

The rain was steady and thick enough to muddy the roads. It smelled like spring and hardly anyone was outside.

I look over to the stables as we stand on the porch of the inn still.
“I’d like to go see my friends first.” nodding my head over in that direction.

“Why of course, I stopped by them early to let ‘em know I hadn’t forgotten them.” Ah, so that explained the hay.

“Thank you for doin’ that, they work so hard I would be a shameful owner if I didn’t show them the gratitude they have earned from me.”

With that he smiled and led us over. The stables were covered, like a small makeshift barn, the inside stuffy from the weather, it was a comforting feeling being inside here.

Shinji waited for me at the entrance as I walked back to the pair. Rufus and Moxy are next to each other, also getting a little nap in it seemed.

I can't help but smile, they take after me after all. I turn and see Shinji talking with the stable hand, when he reaches in his pocket for a silver coin that he passes onto the kid. The shaggy haired teenager nodded and turned to a bag at his side, pulling out two glossy, plump, red apples.

Shinji walks over with that over confident strut, and I just let myself stare at him. He stood in front of me now and handed me the fruit.
“Fer’ all their hard work, like ya said.”

Looking down I stare as my hands took the gift from his. I don't know why but I was overcome with the urge to cry, and I lurch forward and hug him.

He’s warm and smells of cedar and smoke. His arms respond like this has happened a hundred times between us, and wrap around me.

After about 3 seconds I make myself let go, his scent intoxicating me and I was worried if I held on longer I would not be able to stop hugging him. God I was embarrassing myself.

I punch him playfully on his arm as I pull away, laughing at the silliness of this man spending his money on my horses. What a bizarre thing for him to do.

He just smiles lightly and gestures to the stalls, “I think the smell of those apples woke ‘em, better give' em their reward.”

I turn to make my way closer to them, they had indeed woken up for the glorious snack Shinji had bestowed upon them.

Holding the apple to Rufus first he snagged that shit like he had never seen an apple in his life, scarfing it down like it was his last. He flashed his giant teeth, raising his lip doing his weird horsey smile. Moxy huffed out through her nostrils, clearly wanting it to be her turn.

I look at the apple and then to Shinji, “you give it to her, she has been lugging your ass around.”
He nods, “ya know what, yer right doll.” He struts over and picks the apple from my palm. What looked like a massive apple in my hand looked like a regular one in his.

Moxy nearly took his hand off, lunging with a fierceness nabbing it from its captors hands. Shinji pulled his arm back quickly so as to not be caught in the crossfire and wrath of the hungry Moxy.

 

He laughs, “Guess she gets that bite from her mama too.”
I honestly don't suppose he is wrong. Shrugging with a smile I walk past him to the exit, now we need to tend to feeding ourselves.

 

I love this town for the simplicity. One saloon, one inn, and one breakfast stop. We have about a 7 minute walk following the sweet smell of coffee and syrup till we make it to the doors of the fine, county famous, Pearls Diner.

Packed to the brim all sorts of folks who partook in the mighty fine assortment of pancakes Pearl’s offered. Strawberry bein’ their signature.

As we walk in a tiny bell dings and alerts the staff another visitor arrives. Without pause a waitress shimmy’s on over, coffee pot in her hand, and looks us both up and down.

She is in her 50’s, tall red hair like it was tryn’a reach the heavens and bright blue eyeshadow that could have been a few days old. “Howdy y’all, booth or table?”. She looks like she could fall asleep at any moment.
Without missing a beat, “booth” comes out of both our mouths. She nods and beckons us with her hand that wasn't busy. Shinji looked at me with his grin and followed first.

 

In no time coffee was already poured into plain white mugs and our orders put in. I’ve been here enough to know what's good and what's not. Shinji I think was just too lazy to look at the menu really and said ditto when I ordered the signature dish.

With all the ordering out the way it was almost an awkward silence. I was practically twiddling my thumbs like a 13 year old, if my stare could set things on fire my hands would be long gone. He was slowly tapping his fingers one by one on the table. Head resting on his palm while his arm was propped. Watching me. I could feel it.

“Honey.”

My thumbs paused from their very interesting game of “how long can we ignore this fine specimen of a cowboy in front of us who wants to talk about our feelings.”

I give him a glance in reply, so he was starting the conversation. How rude, I was obviously very busy.

“With your silence I think ya know what I want to talk about, let's quit the quiet game. Please.” He almost seemed exacerbated. Like I maybe had waned on his patience.

Sighing I drop my hands to my side and stare back, “Shinji, you're gunna have to spell it out for me. If you're gunna say we can’t play the quiet game, I'm gunna say we can't play the guessing game either.”

He huffed “I hope ya know this isn't easy for me... '' his eyes narrow and look to the side, avoiding my gaze.

Oh no, he was going to do what I was not strong enough to do. Cut this whole thing off. I felt myself panicking, then feelings of confusion met that panic, making me frustrated.

This is what I had wanted, wasn't it? To stop with the fooling around before I got rejected. Guess he was going to beat me to the punch. But the least I can do is take it with grace.

I straightened from my slight slouch and his eyes went back to me due to the sudden movement.

“Shinji, I understand.” Internally I celebrate the fact I didn’t let my voice crack while the tornado of emotion raged inside. I knew this was for the best though.

“Are you sure you actually do?” His face looked the most serious I had ever seen. This was a new side to him. His eyes in their typical half lidded position had a fire behind them I was unfamiliar with. Mouth in a tight line. No toothy smirk in sight. He meant business.

Fine, might as well put it all out there. “Yes, I understand last night can’t happen again. I am sorry if I had disrespected your boundaries. I was drunk but that does not excuse my blatant disregard of your privacy.”

Silence followed once the words left my mouth. His deadpan face twitched. And suddenly he just slammed his head to the table. Shaking the silverware with the thud.

Muffled from the table cloth he spoke “how can you be this fuckin’ daft.”

I was stunned. He just had the nerve to call me stupid after my heart felt apology. As my anger began to rise, and my hurt ego trying to figure out how to reply, he lifted his head back up “I’d be more mad at ya if you hadn't found your way into my room doll.”

I think I was as red as the paint on Strawberry inn.

He laughed and placed his hands over mine, completely engulfing them. Face instantly serious again, “I don't know how more obvious I can be…” after that statement he looked away, a shyness seemed to overcome him. It was odd to see.

My mouth opened to respond, but I was cut off by the waitress setting plates full of food down in front of us and Shinji pulled his long arms back over to his side to make space.

I looked to where his hands just left, I had been holding them back without even realizing it. The warmth still on my skin, slowly fading away.

He won't make eye contact now, and I don't really push it since I don't know what to say.

We inhale the delectable soft fluffy pancakes that were drizzled with thick strawberry syrup and fresh berries.

The cook was kind enough to add whip cream to the top of the stack.
I managed to get a bite of fresh berry, syrup, whip cream, and pancake that was so perfect my eyes fluttered shut and I sighed a content breath.

Just smiling like a dork at the flavors melting together in my mouth. I was in heaven for a split second.

 

Letting the moment pass I open my eyes back to search for my fresh cup of coffee. I find my target and take a swig.

As I set my cup down my eyes catch Shinji, who is just down right staring at me. When he realizes I’ve made eye contact with him he shakes his head like he just woke up, “Yer gunna have to give me a break Honey.”

Head tilted to the side I just keep lookin’ at him, a gesture asking for clarification. “You bein’ so cute is wearin’ me out.”

Internally I stopped breathing, and he has been giving so many compliments to me after I’ve essentially stone walled him, may as well be a little nicer, right?
“Ha, well I could say the same fer you Shinji, comin down the stairs at the Inn I nearly had a heart attack seein’ you lookin like a real cowboy.”

He bawked, offended, “I am a real cowboy.” Ugh, like I’ve said before I have never claimed to be good at flirting.

I shake my head with a smile, “I’m just sayin’ you with a piece of hay in your mouth, leaning up against the wall was a sight I did not mind. Take the compliment you weenie.”

“Sure thing, Doll. Your ass in my face last night was a sight I didn’t mind either. May have even burned it in my memory for later.”

The look on his face was a big ole checkmate. He won this round.

We quieted our bickering down and cleaned off the rest of our plates. The waitress shuffling her way to us placed the check in front of Shinji.

As she turns to leave I lift a finger for her attention, “Uh ma’am sorry for the inconvenience but we are separate checks.”

She put her hand on her hip and huffed, “What kind of husband makes his wife pay for herself, hm?”

I wanted to walk out the building. I did not even want to look at the shit eating smile I knew was already on Shinji’s stupid face.

“We aren-” “Ma’am yer right, what kind of husband would I be, darlin’ let me take care of it will ya? Can’t have this lovely lady thinkin’ of me as a scoundrel.”

She takes his payment with an approving nod and walks away.

I want to take back my nice attitude I had earlier. How mortifying is he?! I struggle to not pull the brim of my hat down as low as possible. And then suddenly, as I am contemplating murder, my savior arrives.

Renji appeared out of thin air, slamming his palm on the table, a giant grin spread across his face. “____ lookin’ glowy this mornin’ per usual. Looks like yer about to be leaving but I spoke to Rukia, would ya mind swinging by for dinner tomorrow? She was insistent on giving you a proper meal.” He was nearly bursting at the seams with excitement.

And was completely loving the jealousy rolling off blondie. Serves him right. His smug look disappeared from his face after the initial hand slammed in front of him on this poor table.

I smile, but not before side eyeing Shinji who definitely caught my victory glance.
“Of course Renji, I’ll be there around 7 O’clock, just like the old days.”

Shinji looked like he stopped breathing. And it was not unnoticed by Renji.

He shifted to finally face him, giving him a clear and obvious look up and down. Shinji did not back down, throwing an arm over the booth. He had a bored stare as he said a gruff and strained howdy.

Renji nodded to him, “I reckon ____ can bring a guest if she so wishes. Dress up nice for my wife, she will be workin' hard to feed you as well.”

Shinji looked to me with a raised eyebrow, and I wanted to kick the redhead for doing this to me. He and Rukia always play games, and this was not even a subtle move on their part.

“See ya then!” and he walks off to buy what looks like a bag of coffee beans from the waitress at the register. Completely carefree despite him toying with my life and whatever is going on between me and Shinji.

 

Getting up I thanked Shinji for breakfast half heartedly as we walked out to the porch of the diner.

As we reach the entrance it is obvious the rain is coming down just as hard as earlier.

I felt a twinge of guilt, knowing he was trying to get to his destination as quickly as possible, I wasn't sure if he knew I don't travel with my horses in the rain.

As we step out onto the covered patio I get the courage to be up front with him, “Hey uhm, I know yer ina hurry but I can't risk my horses breaking an ankle in the mud or the flash floods that happen near by. I don't think we can leave until this stops.” He goes to open his mouth and reply but nothing makes it out of him before I quickly add “and-also-if-you-dont-want-to-come-to-the-dinner-you-dont-have-to.” wincing at how pathetic that sounded, but I really didn't want him to be pressured on how to spend his free time while we were here.

His hand landed on top of my head, shoving my hat into my head slightly. “Don’t sweat it doll, and I'm lookin’ forward to it already.” lifting his hand he steps out into the rain in front of me, out from under the protection the diners porch provided. And without turning back to me he waved a hand over his shoulder, “I got some stuff to take care of, catch up with ya later.”

Sighing I just decide to not respond and start walking the opposite direction of him back to the inn. At least he wasn’t upset. And a nap and a bath were calling to me.

 

By the time I got back the rain had started to hit harder and I was soaked. Not that it was the worst feeling in the world but the sticky feeling the humidity was creating with the clothes sucked.

Being inside with wet clothes was cruel and unusual punishment.

Making it to my room as soon as I shut the door I peel the fabric off of me and lay them out flat on the floor boards since there is nowhere to really hang them to dry.

I started the bath and the inn keeper must have prepared for his guests being cozy today as the water was hot and steaming unlike the day before. Noting in my head to tip him for his effort in warming the water, that man must be an angel.

I slipped into my warm cocoon. And thought about how the heat reminded me of his hands on mine, and when his body had been pressed up to mine in the stupid shitty tent we shared. How comforting it was.

My head laid back over the lip of the tub and I let the darkness of my eyelids take over as I drifted into sleep.

 

The next thing I know I'm being ripped away from the warmth surrounding my body. Sleep still making it hard to process what was happening and a dream I already couldn't remember slipping further and further from me.

As my eyes focus in I see Shinji talking, no, yelling at me. His words trickling in slowly, something about how stupid I am, drowning, and how stupid I am again.

 

I think I pissed him off more after a look of confusion passed over my features. “Are you even listening to me ___?” His voice still raised, eyebrows furrowed.

The real answer was no. But I was not about to say that, being half asleep I was still able to figure he may throw me out a window if I were to be honest right now.

And I noticed how he was holding me very suddenly, he had lifted me out of the tub while I was asleep, bridal style. I'm naked and completely soaking his arms.

When he got back he must have changed before coming to check on me. The rest of him was dry.

“So what do you have to say for yerself?” I realized how close his face was now.
I was really unsure about what he was asking, it was just a bath nap. “Shinji, what are ya freaking out about? I was napping.”

His face went from angry and upset to having that deadpan look again. I was unlocking this new signature expression of his with the amount of patience I was eating up at his expense. “Are ya shitting me doll? Who the fuck takes a nap in the tub, you could slip under and drown in yer sleep dummy.”

I consider what he said for a moment. And I start to giggle. He is exasperated as he sets me down gently, “yer really thinkin’ i'm jokin' huh.” I shake my head disagreeing, “No I just think it's sweet of you.”

He looks at me like I just killed a baby goat, “____, what's sweet of me? Not wanting you to literally die??”

I nod, “I mean most folks ya meet don’t give a rat's ass, some may even hope you do so they can take your clothes and horse 2 seconds after you turn cold.”

He handed me a towel and started to walk out the door before saying “but am I like most folks to you?”, a small frown was placed on his sharp face.

Another twinge of guilt hit me, I was not being fair to him I suppose. I wrapped the towel around me and let my hair continue to drip, and without thinking, before he could make it past the door frame of the small bathroom I grabbed his wrist. Giving it a squeeze I whispered, “No, definitely not.”

He looked over at me and had the faintest smile, “get dressed or sumthin', and stop falling asleep in water ya maniac.”
And with that he left my room. Leaving me with a small blush dusted across my cheeks and a water soaked floor.

Chapter 5: The past

Summary:

Sorry for the long gap. My life did a whole 180. Anyways, here's a short chapter to give some back story on the reader.

Chapter Text

We started at the crack of dawn today. The clouds were a lighter gray, and rain had ceased. With the ground being as soggy as it was there was still a risk of the horses being unable to traverse our unbeaten path ahead. Though there was no excuse to not at the very least get started on prepping for tomorrow.

The tail end of our journey is inching closer. My feelings are still ever conflicted.

While I was getting ready this morning they were all I could think about. Of course I did not have much to contemplate otherwise. Jobs don't typically have a guy like this involved. Most times the journey’s are consumed with silence and me spacing out unless a threat needs to be taken care of. Nothing as complicated as this.

In the back of my head I wondered what it would be like to not be working for the Boss.
There is a sense of security with staying with what you know. No doubt. But there is a very real possibility I could be hunted down by my comrades. I could know too much. Be too close to the Boss for him to accept my leave.

I wouldn't have been the first to be permanently excommunicated. Too much risk with all the information we carry. In this line of business it wasn't personal.

And it's what kept people in for life. Us “guides'' serve the Company until we are killed. It is an unspoken fact.

Dying of old age was almost unheard of in these parts. Especially where I happened to come from.

I shudder at the brief thought of my home town. I shake my head like it actually helps toss the idea away from the forefront of my mind.

I go back to how likely it is I will be killed for wanting my freedom back.

Boss has always favored me. Though who knows how much protection that can actually offer.

He would probably laugh that I was even considering this because of some crush. But it wasn't the first time. It was an unforgiving career. My body, though still in its prime, was slowly wearing down. Every trip it was harder to recover, taking longer for the aches and pain to fade.

I can't keep this up forever. Not at the pace the Boss demands from me.

Why would he let me leave willingly now that I'm thinking about it. I am his biggest money maker, his winning pig at the fair. With the highest survival rate I doubt I’d be easy to replace. Not to mention being part of the Company also helps keep me safe from other enemies I've made along the way.

Whatever I do decide, it is not going to be easy. But one option may be more fun than the other…

 

Most of the day I spent with the horses. Giving them new shoes, a good wash, and much needed pampering to get them through the rest of the way. Trying to keep myself from biting my nails down to nubs.

Renji and his conniving ass. Not only am I going to have to hope and pray Renji behaves himself, but Shinji on top of that too?

There’s no way I’m going to be that lucky.

 

Shinji had been in and out of the stables here and there. Always taking every chance he gets to say hi, give me a wave, or a flashy grin.

I made myself acknowledge him most of the time. His effort was a bit much but that just seemed to be part of his personality.

Though quickly after acknowledging him I would find another task and keep myself busy so as not to spark a conversation and duck my head away so my blushing cheeks would be a secret between me and Rufus.

I need to save my social battery, and after the embarrassment of yesterday I am not sure if I can bare him bringing it up during my internal battle.

 

With my thoughts swinging back and forth from how difficult my future is going to be and how I'm going to make it through this god forsaken dinner, the day flew by relatively fast.

I set down my tools and straightened out my hunched over back from working on Moxy’s hooves. Both horses now had a good new pair of shoes so they would be nice and comfortable.

Wiping my brow I get a whiff of my arm pit and nearly gagged out loud. With most of the tasks I wanted to get finished done I suppose a shower isn't a terrible idea.

 

Or I could show up like this, covered in sweat and dirt, just to piss of Renji. God I wish I could see the look on his face. But I cant disrespect Rukia like that, not when she might wring my neck for it.

Before heading to the Inn I give my four legged friends a quick pat on the back and leave them to their dinner to go get ready for mine.

 

The sun was setting, peeping through the clouds as it lowered. Clouds thin enough now that they glowed a light pink.

I was outside sitting on the patio edge, freshly cleaned, waiting for my technical date. The gentle breeze pushing lightly against my semi-wet hair. I opted for a basic yet well fitting long sleeve white button down, tucked in, with the typical jeans and boots. Even pulling out all the stops, I managed to find an old tin of blush and put some lightly on my eyelids and nose to add some pop of color.

I chose not to put any on my cheeks, they would probably be red in no time flat.

And with that thought I heard the doors swinging behind me, turning I see Shinji. And my cheeks instantly fulfilled their prophecy.

 

He had a nearly burnt orange button down, halfway tucked in some black jeans flared enough to fit his boots. I’d yet to see him so dressed up.

His hair was up in a bun with his bangs left out. It was relaxed yet refined. He looked like he could own a ranch nearly.

I tried to look away as slowly as possible, I didn't wanna give him the satisfaction of knowing how on fire my face was.

 

“Hey darlin’, ready ta go?” He walked down the steps to stand in front of me, hand extended.

“Whaddya think I’m doin’ out here? Let’s go before Rukia comes hunting us.” I let my hand rest in his as he helps pull me up.

“Hm, she sounds scary, promise you’ll protect me?” He laughs at his own joke as I cant help but give him a small smile back, “Heh, nothing could protect you from her.”

 

 

We arrived at the outskirts of town, the home was one of few here. It was a decent size, two story, with plain wood. There wasn't any sense in painting it when the wind and sand would scrape it off over time. About a dozen cattle were settled nicely in their fence to the right of the home and were lazily munching away on hay that I'm sure Renji was forced to haul out.

While we strode up to the front door Shinji had let himself be set slightly behind me. I lifted my hand to knock and as soon as my knuckles hit the wood the door swung open so fast I nearly fell backwards. Rukia of course was the one to blame, her eyes like steel piercing me as we stood staring at each other. Shinji cleared his throat after giving us a few seconds of our silent contest. Before he could get his full hello out, Rukia jumped into me. The force of her hug so strong I bumped into Shinji who had to rest his hand on the small of my back so I wouldn't be pushing us both off the two small stairs we had just walked up.

“___, if you ever leave me alone for this long with red head over there I will be sending you to the morgue.” She squeezed and let me go. She moved onto Shinji, introducing herself with her hand held outwards who was looking at her with a nervous smile. She probably gripped his hand harder than any man hes met.
She welcomed us in and shut the door. Renji was setting the table and pouring drinks.

Food set out and steaming. I hoped no one else could hear the greediness my stomach was expressing with it’s bubbly gurgling. It had been so long since I had eaten any home made meal. Especially one specifically made for me.

We shuffle in and go to sit down across from one another after Rukia had gestured with her arm, motioning for us to sit.

Shinji was quick with getting behind the chair I had chosen, gently pulling out the hand crafted yellowish wood seat. I looked behind me to let him know I appreciated it, he just gave me a light wink and smiled when he noticed the blush cross my cheeks.

I quickly turned back and sat. I noticed the gloss on the table and even the chairs looked new, not worn down like the typical dining set you see. I peer over at Renji who was the most probable cause for such a nice set. Internally I beamed with pride for him, from criminal to home maker.

 

I felt a twinge of jealousy. Seeing something I may never get to taste.

Guilt followed suit, I know he deserved it. Needing to change the subject in my head for my own mood, I acknowledged the redhead who was finishing up the last touches, lighting some candles in the middle of the table. Though the lanterns throughout the home did a fine enough job lightening the home. This seemed to just be for show.

“Man, she has you workin’ after hours huh?”

Rukia came back from where she had briefly disappeared to while I was distracted, trying to control my facial expression. She was holding a water pitcher, to accompany Renji’s obvious choice of drink already on the table, liquor.

At least she had some forethought.

He let out a quip of a laugh as she passed him, “You betcha, and for free too.”

A quick swat to the back of his head was Rukia’s counter to his comment. “Do you consider me cookin’ for ya not substantial payment? How rude.”

He rubs the back of his head as he pulls out his wife's chair, letting her sit down. Giving her a big grin in response to her punishment. She really had him between her fingers.

 

Shinji plops down across from me as food started to be shared from across the table.

Rukia made the initial jump and asked Shinji a painstakingly simple question I had never thought to ask.

“So Shinji, where are you from?” He had just finished with getting what sides he had wanted. And looked up at her, blinking a few times, caught off guard that she had an interest.

“I- Uhh, I’m from Seireitei town. It’s been awhile since anyone's asked that question, aha, took me a sec to register. How ‘bout y'all?” mirroring her manors, she indulges him.

They both seemed to chat back and forth pretty easily. Renji and I seem to be more of onlookers and focusing on the food between our teeth.

Though after a few minutes of Shinji and Rukia, Renji decided to speak up.

“So Shinji, did you request to have the oh so great guide ____ on purpose or did you just happen to get lucky?”

Rukia pursed her lips, eager for the answer. They have definitely been talking shit.

As elegant as always he does not seemed to be fazed. “ When inquiring for a guide to her company I asked for the best, and they offered her instantaneously. And by the looks of it I’d be a fool to disagree with that judgment.” His foot touched mine underneath the table where Rukia and Renji couldn't see.

The glint in his eye told me everything he meant by that. Cheeky as always.

 

Renji took a swing of his cup and slammed it down, “ I’d say just about any man would agree with that.” Rukia was used to this banter with him, but Shinji seemed to take it a little more seriously, a slight frown tugged for just a slight moment on the side of his face that they didn't catch. But I caught it immediately.

He corrected the small expression instantly and forced his smile to remain full. I tapped his foot with the tip of mine, smiling at him suggestively when he made eye contact.

He seemed frustrated, knowing I had seen him slip into that twinge of jealousy.

 

The feeling of triumph ended swiftly as Renji continued the conversation in a direction more pointed at me.

“How’re yer horses doin’ ____, what were their names? Ruby and Chester right? It’s been so long since I've seen them.”

My stomach sank that this was the topic that was brought up. It really had been a long time since I've seen them.

Rukia perked up at the mention of those names, she confirmed by nodding with a smile, “They were such a good duo for you, I remember when you first got them Ruby nearly ate all your hair off in your sleep while we were on that one job with you.”

As Rukia and Renji recalled more and more memories with my previous stallions the more I zoned out. Not really wanting to hear it. My eyes dropped to stare at my plate. Shinji tapped my foot with his boot. Looking up he gives me a look of sympathy. He’d put two and two together, the horses he’s met had different names.

I gave him a small forced smile. Thanking him for the comfort I knew he was trying to extend to me.

His eyes still hung sadly, the understanding clear in his face.

Renji noticed the action and looked at me, the realization being clear in his expression.

I just decided to dive right in. “They were killed actually.”

Both of them stopped moving, regret of bringing it up oozed out of them. Rukia gave me a sad smile, “ I’m so sorry ____, we shouldn't have-” before she could finish Renji piped up. Classic move on his part.

“What? When did this happen? I wish you could have told me, god we should have been there for you, dammit.”

Rukia shook her head at the beloved dumbass.

“Uh well I've never actually told anyone so don't feel too bad.”

Shinji’s hand shifted onto mine from across the table. I relaxed a bit and realized how tense my body had become.
His touch helped center me, so I continued.

“It was one of the first times I was on a solo trip, going through the canyon. Boss thought I was ready, it was just a delivery. Some gems and moonshine.”

The silence hung steady as I took a pause. With a deep breath I dived in.

“I had thought the sun was too hot during that time for the usual thieves to be hiding out there, we were low on water, and I was rushing to get into the canyon to get to the river that passes through it. I had a vague idea where it was but I got worried we wouldn't make it.

I miscalculated. And I didn't set up a watch spot to look out for movement, I trusted no one would be crazy enough to try surviving out there just for a few hits.

I went through and got jumped. Part of me wonders if they knew what I had been carrying. It was sudden, they tore me from Ruby’s back and promptly beat the shit out of me. While I was on the ground I could see them going for my horses. I screamed as Ruby tried rearing up on them. They had their own horses so nothing kept them from shooting her. I saw her laying there, blood pooling around her in the sand. Not moving. I didn’t have a chance to scream again before a final kick in my head made me lose consciousness. I woke up and all our things were gone, they had slit Chesters throat. He had probably given them a hard time too. They knew I wasn't dead. They wanted me to wake up to see my horses like that. To be stranded and die, a death more painful than the one they could have given me with a bullet.

I managed to find the river, but I was stranded there for a few days. A group of traders found me half laying in the water, I can't remember what I was trying to do but they pulled me out and recognized the Company’s sigil I had hanging around my neck.

They took me back to the Boss hoping for a reward for returning me.”

 

The silence remained heavy. I dipped my head a tad lower to signify I had nothing left to say.

Rukia was the first to speak up, “And you said this is the first time you've told anyone? Did your boss not ask?” I could tell she was trying to remain level headed learning I had been dragged back half dead to the Company and no one bothered to ask what happened. Except that was exactly it.

I was embarrassed I worked for someone who clearly did not value me as a human so much as a mule. “He was more upset that I had not prepared and lost his goods. I suppose his thought process was, whatever had happened was punishment for losing what was his. He did give me new horses though. Rufus and Moxy. He sent me away on another mission a few weeks later once my bones seemed healed enough at least.”
Not everyone gets that luxury when they screw up.

Shinji was the one furious now. He had no emotion on his face as he said what my friends were probably thinking as well, “____, you can't keep working for this man. He will use you until you're dead.”

Tears prick at my eyes, this I knew. I just nodded and gave a quiet “I know” before I could feel myself closing up again.

Between the embarrassment of failing my previous horses, the job, and the humiliation of working for someone who could not give a shit about me other than my profit.

What I had become, was someone's dog. With that thought it suddenly made sense to me. Why I had been having such an internal struggle with where I’ve wanted to be.

I was not meant to be a dog, and Shinji had shown me what it could be to be free.

 

 

The conversation came back with a natural eb and flow. Not wanting to put so much pressure on me after sharing something so heavy, the others filled the room with easier topics and the weight on my shoulders lessened.

 

After the dinner we gave a long goodbye, it was hard to leave. Even though I would be able to give another goodbye to them before we left town the next day. I’d make sure of that.

We walked back to the hotel, close enough to hold hands. But my pride refused to cave. I have been so vulnerable already.

Shinji however slung his long arm around my shoulder, pulling me in. His warmth radiated into me as the cold of the desert began to settle in.

No words were shared. It was comforting.

The town came up shortly. And my long day finally dwindled into an end.

Chapter 6: Watering hole

Summary:

Just some plot building and good ole smut per usual

Chapter Text

The sun came up too quickly today. There was a twinge of grief when I thought about leaving the bed. Even this thin flimsy-thing of a mattress was heaven compared to the ground. The only true motivation was starting the bath.

I knew the noise of water running would wake the blonde haired gentleman. A soft smile spread on my face thinking about how comforting he had been last night after my admission. I couldn’t help but wonder if he would sneak in here for more of my attention.

Shrugging my sleeping shirt onto the ground, I climbed into the tub. The warm water welcomed my sore body. A sigh escaped my lips and I struggled to not fall back asleep. Wouldn’t want to upset a certain someone.

Baths always felt too short. After soaking for longer than I should have I managed to pull myself out. Ringing my hair over the tub and drying off before walking into the room where my folded white shirt was sitting on top of my rucksack.

I had barely managed to get my shirt on before my next door neighbor barged in. Just like I had hoped he would.

I gave him a glance over my shoulder, back still facing him as my hands finished with the last button.

He smiled at my silent hello, he said nothing as he walked over confidently, like usual, and stopped behind me.

“Shinji, wha-”, before I could finish he started kneading my shoulders with his hands. It took an enormous amount of effort to not immediately fall back asleep as I stood there. My head leaning to the side in absolute relaxation.

I didn’t bother resisting. My body couldn't even if I had wanted to.

As my head was on its side taking a break, I felt his face come up to my ear. The voice coming from him was deeper and grittier than normal. That morning voice could get me back into bed in more ways than one. I hoped he couldn't see how I was putty in his hands right now.

“How’s my Honey feelin’ this mornin’?” Some of his long blonde hair draped on my shoulder.

Feeling especially at ease from his magical hands, I leaned into his face without even thinking. My face met the side of his cheek and I felt him breath in deeply. I hadn't realized he was nearly resting his head on my shoulder as he worked on me. That had woken me up a little inside. Something a little more greedy. I resisted the pull of want and just let myself act like a fool in his arms as he eased my shoulders into a comfortable pile of muscles.

“Is a massage in the morning all it takes to win you over Doll? Shit if it’s that easy I guess I'll have to add this to our routine.” His blunt thoughts never ceased to make me tense up with anticipation. The boldness makes him even more smooth. It was ridiculous.

Too content in the moment to be able to even come up with some sort of snappy remark, I just sighed in agreement.

He laughed at my lack of comeback. Spinning me to face him, he did something I wouldn't have expected anyone to do to me.

He wrapped his long arms around my frame, giving me a hug so intimate I'm not sure if anyone had ever held me this close. His head was resting in the crook of my neck from how close he was. His arms squeezed from behind me.

I was stunned. I hadn't had this type of affection since my parents said bye to me one last time before the sickness took them.

My stillness had spooked Shinji I think. He began to pull away, probably thinking I was rejecting him. Before he can though I hug back with the force of a bear.

Burying my face into his chest, I couldn’t help but stifle a small cry.

Unbeknownst to me, with my reaction Shinji realized how robbed I’ve been from simple pleasures such as this. A hug.

And it was true. I had not been given much as a child, and the stone cold businessman that replaced my parents was not any more affectionate than any stranger off the side of the road.

Shinji POV

Shinji stroked her hair with his hand, while the other hugged the small of her back. She couldn’t see that he also had tears in his eyes. He decided then he was going to kill Honey’s boss. He knew he may not be the direct cause of her misfortune. But she had to be free of this life. This torment. She deserved so much more. And no one would willingly let a guide like this off the hook so easily. Not when that boss was charging what he did for her. Nothing would change his mind now. She would become free, and if he could be so lucky, she would let him stick around…

Back to Reader’s POV

 

I pulled myself together, the few tears I let out managed to stop. Shinji continued to hold onto me like I was going to float away.

Clearing my throat, not wanting my voice to crack like I knew it would, I did what any touch starved person would do. I started apologizing. He cut me off before I could even finish the first sorry.

He pulled away enough to look at my face. The eye contact threw me off guard. His eyes seemed so sad. Had he cried too?

“Honey, I got you.” I swear my brain stalled at that moment. The thoughts slammed to a halt. Shinji leaned down and kissed me before I was able to recover from that simple statement. This kiss felt like a lot of words that neither of us knew how to say. It was simple, soft and firm. As he pulled away he gave a small smile. His rough hand gently stroked my wet cheek. He smiled with no cheesy grin this time. It went all the way to his eyes.

And I believed him.

 

After squeezing me one more time, he stepped back. Giving me sweep up and down with his brown eyes, a grin broke out onto his face replacing his more somber, gentle look.

Tsking at himself he shook his head, “Doll, you got me ‘round yer fingers.” A small smile also replaced my unsure lips. He turned to leave the room as he added one more comment. “Oh, and I uh, like this new look yer sportin’.” Obviously referring to me only standing there in my day shirt. A vein bugled on my neck. To make matters worse he gave my chest a glance before shaking his head with that toothy smile and headed out to his room.

I could possibly feel steam coming off my head from his audacity. Though looking down I realized why he had been so cocky. My body had blown my cover, both my ladies were standing at attention.

Trying to not scream at the blonde through the wall I continued to get dressed. Ignoring how much of an emotional mess I truly was.

 

*Time jump to stables*

 

Rufus was being fussier than normal, the stallion was probably upset with me for being put on the back burner for the past few days. I thought he would appreciate the break. But if this horse loved anything, it was to run.

Moxy seemed content with the small vacation and stood patiently as I wrestled with my boy and his saddle.

As I struggle Shinji strides in, at the worst possible moment of course. He was gifted at catching me at all the wrong times.

“Need some assistance Honey?” I was about to assist him in getting that shit eating grin off his face.

I huffed and turned my head away. I did not have the energy to respond.

He just laughed at my lack of response. He came up behind while I was busy being a huffing fit and his hand cupped my ass before squeezing it hard. His fingers a little lower than they probably should be.

My breath hitched as my pupils dilated. My body is not able to help its nature, where is my self control right now. Yet again he struck a chord like he had this morning. Glancing over my shoulder, we make eye contact, his hand still on my ass cheek. The grip had not lessened when we did. His index fingers started to make slow circles as it creeped lower.

Shinji’s brown eyes were also fully blown out. A serious look was on his face now. He was testing the waters, waiting for me to respond.

I turned my head back around, continuing at my job of harnessing on this stupid equipment. This needs to be done already. He had a low chuckle, not surprised by my rejection. Though I didn't make a move to adjust his hand for him. That stayed in place. He was groping me without a care if anyone even walked in the stables. It almost seemed like he liked the risk. Maybe I did too.

“For actin’ so tough right now you sure are enjoying my presence right now. It’s so obvious you want to go back up to our rooms.”

He had a lot of nerve. I couldn’t resist reminding him that ship has sailed.

“Considering we are already checked out and all our shit is out here, I don't think so.” To add extra fuck you I let my ass back into his crotch since he was so close. Lightly grinding against his already hard erection.

I heard him groan as he took both his hands to my hips to keep my ass moving against him. Panting he dry humped me. I couldn't help but arch my back to give him a good view of my figure. If he wanted to be risky I wanted to see who would chicken out first.

 

“Fuck Honey, god I’d go pay for a whole room just to fuck you for the day.” And I didn’t doubt him, I knew if I agreed he’d already be handing the front desk the bag of coins.

But I couldn't let him win that easily.

I pushed my ass back into him, so hard it pushed him off of me. Giving him a wink as I looked back at the horny cowboy, “No way i’m lettin’ you waste that money.”

He scoffed, flicking the brim of his hat up out of his face as he adjusted himself. Regaining some composure. “Oh it wouldn't be a waste in my books darlin’.”

I let myself laugh as I patted the black mane in front of me. “You’ll just have to wait pretty boy.” And with that we were all set to go. Moxy and Rufus were fully loaded.

 

I swung up onto Rufus, giving Shinji an expectant look. He just shook his head and got himself onto Moxy with barely any effort.

We set out to say goodbye to old friends.

 

It didn’t take long as we approach closer to where the homestead is. But my heart stopped as we got in the line of sight of the cabin. I spotted some light rising smoke. Panic hit me. Without even thinking my legs tensed, giving Rufus the green light to fly.

 

Poor Shinji shouted out after me, Moxy trailing behind us as best she could. What Shinji was shouting at me I wasn't sure. Probably that it wasn't the best to ride in head first to a possible dangerous situation.

I didn’t care though.

There's no way I could be losing Renji and Rukia too. I just got them back.

 

The fire appeared to be dwindling down, most of the home was still standing. I don't waste any time dismounting and park Rufus right by the porch. Moxy came up soon after and Shinji did not bother lecturing me. In any other situation I knew he would have.

I give him a glance before looking to the front door, which was open. Both of us had our pistols pulled out and ready. Who knew if anyone was lurking around. Walking through the entry way it felt like I was in shock. No tears came as my eyes scanned the home. Dishes shattered on the floor, everything that had been hanging on the walls now tossed haphazardly, all broken. It looked as if cattle came storming through here. But my friends were not included among the mess. No noises either. It was dead silent.

Shinji had mentioned he was going to sweep the home as I had walked through the front door. It barely registered. I couldn't stop thinking about how just last night we had made memories here. All their hard work seems to be for nothing now.

My legs carried me into the living room. I stopped like I ran into a wall. Right in front of me, in big red paint above the fireplace said “WE HAVE THEM”.

Shinji came up behind me, I suppose he finished looking around, “Hey ____, they aren't inside I-” he stopped right next to me. Staring at the same thing I was fixated on.

“Honey, what is happening?” I had no idea. All our enemies were either dead or lost to time and distance. And this was obviously aimed at me.

I shake my head, words won't come out, but he nods, understanding. My legs started moving again, I noticed a piece of paper on the mantle. The piece of paper is held down with a small rock, it seemed as though someone wanted me to see it.

Hesitantly I lift the rock and force myself to read the paper. Scared of the knowledge it might hold.

The shock starts to wear off and my senses seep back in as I study it. The handwriting is absolute chicken scratch. Whoever wrote it was educated enough to be literate but just barely. That was a clue in itself.

 

“Bring the cowboy wit ya. Next town.”

Shinji had read it over my shoulder. I looked up at him, this was bizarre. Were they after Shinji and using my friends as bait? Maybe this wasn’t about me after all. The queasy feeling in my stomach did not subside at the thought though. This was now personal for me no matter what.

Shinji had his fists clutched at his sides. A look of shame rested on his face, “They must've seen us come here for dinner last night. _____ I’m so sorry, I shouldn't have gone. Who knows how long I've been watched. I-” I put my hand onto his clutched one. I didn’t need us both falling apart.

“Shinji, lets go.”

He nodded with a small smile.

And we flew once more.

 

(Time jump two days into travel, one day left till the next town)

 

Part of me wished I had had time to clean up the homestead, I imagined Rukia seeing her place tossed up like it was. Those criminals must have knocked her unconscious if they were to ever get away with that and not be killed. It had me even more worried if I was honest.

Shinji had been a bit more distant as well. Like he was in a haze almost. Both of us rode hard for the past two days. Only stopping for naps and meals. Even the horses were powering through. A sense of urgency had settled on all of us.

But you can only do that for so long. By the end of the second day I was light headed, sun was on its way to sunset. Suddenly out of nowhere the light headedness morphed into dizziness. I shook my head as I slowed Rufus to a trot. The world was spinning and I dropped to hug my horse's neck. Scared I was going to fall off.

Getting an injury right now is not acceptable.

I held on tighter than I probably should have. Rufus didn't seem to mind but the blonde was speaking to me, he sounded panicked. The words weren't words though right now. All I could focus on was the warmth of my companion.

My eyes were squeezed shut. I hadn't even realized we had come to a stop.

Stuck in a dizzying black tornado I stayed still. So tense I felt like I could vomit if I had any real sustenance in my body.

 

Suddenly I feel two hands lift my torso up, moving me to a position he could lift me up. In Shinji’s arms I felt better immediately. Without thinking I nudged into him, his warm strong chest felt grounding. Exhaustion had encapsulated me. We were being forced to take a break for the night. That much my mind could piece together.

Shinji laid me down against a rock, as his warmth left, my eyes opened. We had come across a watering hole. I was so busy trying to not slide off Rufus I didn't notice it. Thankfulness washed over me. This was a perfect pick me up before we headed into the hell that was waiting for us.

There were boulders resting in the shape of a crescent moon, the sharp jagged formations gave cover from the elements, and seemingly encompassed the pond on just one side. Though it was relatively out in the open, I had a sense of protection, I silently thanked the rocks for their existence.

As I studied our surroundings more before the sun went down, Shinji had been busy unloading the horses and was finishing up the small tent of ours against the formations so the wind could be blocked out a bit.

Rufus and Moxy took it upon themselves to take a drink before laying down.

My internal balance returns to me as I sit still. Being back on the ground helped tremendously. Regaining my strength I get the itch to get in the water. Swimming was my favorite pastime.

I would have to get out when it got dark so I couldn't wait too long. But I knew the cowboy across from me would have other ideas. Is that so bad though? It has been days of scooting my ass too close to his crotch as we tried to sleep. Every night I had to fight my urge. I used the excuse of “needing to conserve energy.” But that clearly didn't help. And I'm tired of fighting.

As this battle is happening internally I glanced over at Shinji who was busying himself with the fire set up. From this angle and how I was laying it probably looked like I was asleep. I had a feeling if he knew I was still awake he would be over here checking on me, but he was trying to get everything taken care of before he awoke me. How sweet.

I give a small smile to that thought before I stand and undress. Decision made.

The movement catches Shinji's attention fast. My body was screaming to get in the water. I’d never gotten clothes off of me that fast I don't think. I hadn't even noticed him staring honestly. As I take my panties off I finally think to look over.

He made eye contact with me. There was no emotion on his face, just that steel gaze as his hands started to unbutton his shirt. The look was intoxicating. Even from 20 feet away.

I winked at him as I set forth to the water in front of us. With my back turned to him he continued to stalk closer. Also becoming more and more exposed on the way over.

 

I slowly lowered my body in the cool water. It was maybe five feet in the middle of the water hole, and where I was at I had to sit to be submerged. The sun had left it a delicious temperature. I let my skin lap it up greedily. There was something else greedy in me as well, though the guilt of our situation I was not sure if the timing was appropriate. I didn't want to chicken out. So I focus on the sensation of the water around my body. He was going to release his frustrations just like I wanted him to. We had rode so hard the last few days. We needed this.

 

I hear water move behind me, I stand and turn. Wanting to tease him more. Water dripped down my torso, nipples had perked up from the cooler air that was settling around us.

Before I could say thank you to the cowboy in front of me his lips slammed into mine. It was ferocious.

My hands went to his hair, letting his face fully come down into mine. Pulling his hair gently he moaned into my mouth. His tongue glided against mine. Metallic and wet. I couldn't get enough. His huge hands went straight for my chest, the other pulled my body closer to his, squeezing my hip with a need so strong I felt my core throb in response.

He kissed me like he was starving. Dick already hard against me. Sucking on my bottom lip as he guided us down into the water. God I wanted him.

Satisfied with how swollen my lip had gotten from his constant attack he pulled away.

He sat down in the water, setting me down on his lap. The water met us at his hips. A bit shallower than where I just was. My legs naturally went to his sides, straddling him was second nature. My pussy just lightly pushing against his cock made me feel like an animal. Wanting to shove him inside more than anything. But I hovered, waiting. He stopped kissing me and latched onto my tit with his teeth. I couldn’t help but moan more as his hands squeezed my ass, lifting me slightly for support, giving him the perfect angle to plunge in. He was giving my body so much attention I felt dizzy again.

I couldn't help myself as I pushed his head harder into my chest wanting, no needing, him to leave a mark. He obliged and sucked and bit on my sensitive skin. As he responded to my request, I rewarded him by squeezing his cock on my other hand, pumping up and down. My hand guided the head of his cock to smear his precum on my folds. This teasing was getting both of us ramped up. The movement threw water up onto us. He sucked harder, not able to hold in his moans from me jerking him off. I let out a moan, cursing his name as he lifted his head to see his work. There were several large hickeys already forming on me.

He glanced up at me, checking for approval. I smiled and licked my lips. He gave a cocky smirk before he made his next move.

 

He groped my soft ass again. He’s had enough of the teasing. I felt the tip of his cock start to press into my folds, getting deeper and deeper, his head rolls back in pleasure. His long thick shaft continued on and squeezed into my tight lubed up hole.

I could feel his dick pulse with his heart beat.

I rocked into him. His rod hitting my cervix again and again. I was practically riding him like my own personal sex toy.

He clutched onto me, moaning my name over and over. Overwhelmed with the intensity of the pumping in and out. My tits were in his face, dripping with water. The sensation of my wet nipples hitting his skin was another spark of electricity I loved to feel.

His fat cock was already swelling, he panted like a dog, “god doll, if I cum in this watering hole I don't think locals will care too much for that.”

Making jokes at a time like this, so typical.

I chuckle before letting out a heavy sigh. I continued to pump him in me, his flesh railing me so hard I didn't care, “guess you'll have to get it all inside me then.”

That lit a fire in him. Just like I had hoped for.

He twitched inside me, I almost came just feeling that. “Oh fuck it.”
He then took the lead and slammed his hips into mine before wrapping my legs around his waist, hands under my ass lifting me out with him as he stood.

He walked slightly out of the water and laid me down on the beach where the sand was still wet, soft.

Looking down on me now, cock still inside me, he continued to fuck me as his hips rocked into me slowly yet firmly. Filling my core with tension. In and out, slick with my juices he stayed slow. His breath was shaky, he leaned on his elbows, so close to my face as we just stared at each other, panting.

“I’ve been wanting to make love to you for days now, doll. I want to milk this orgasm out of you, you got that?”

I gave him a peck on the lips, sighing in content at the thought. A big smile on my face from his hot words. I bucked my hips up in response. My legs wrapped around his waist once more.

“Nghh god dammit darlin’” His cock pumped in me slightly faster, thrusts still filling me up completely, his hands pinched my nipples, twisting them. It felt divine. I felt like I was in heaven.

As he fucked me I couldn't help but feel my orgasm coming towards me fast. My walls ached and squeezed him as hard as I could. All to get him to gush inside me. Why did his cum turn me on so much?

He moaned a low guttural moan, reacting to my clenching, he knew I was close. “You ready to cum doll face? You ready to take this fat load you've made me carry for days? Hmm? Fuck keep panting for me just like that.”

My eyes were in the back of my head, one of my hands had found his shoulder, he was going to have nail marks for sure. But the feeling he had built up in my cunt was overwhelming. I needed release. Damn, was he milking it too. His shaft dragged against my clit with each pump. All I could do in response was mewl lewdly like some x rated actress. If I wasn't about to cum around his cock I may have been embarrassed.

The noises from my swollen glossy lips must have been the final straw. Along with the water droplets decorating my body, I knew I looked divine. Shinji went into overdrive soaking all of me in. Driving his hips into me, he fucked me into the sand. My chest bouncing haphazardly as he looked down at me with cracked open eyes. So overwhelmed with pleasure it nearly looked like he was in pain. As soon as I made eye contact with him all I heard was “Oh fuck”. It was so delicious hearing him cum. And even more tasty my eyes were what threw him over the edge.

The sight of both of us was too much for the other to bare. We both came. I couldn't help but grab his face and kiss him hard. He moaned as his dick throbbed. He rutted into me as I heard the gushing of liquids, one of my favorite noises.

I latched on as he let me have him, the warmth of his cum making me tingle inside. The pressure of it building up inside with his staggered pumps was yummy enough to make me drool a bit. There was just so much of it. The feeling of being full had my pussy vice gripping his cock.

He moaned into my mouth before he pulled back from my kiss, still fucking me with his cum as lube, never going to a complete stop. He grabbed my clit between his two fingers and I came on him again.

Back arching, I push him deeper as I clenched him with my walls. I bite my lip to keep my drool from being too obvious. As I’m cumming underneath him I look up and meet his eyes, with that lopsided grin on his face I couldn't help but giggle as I moan his name.

“Oh you like that? Damn you have never- ngh- squeezed me like this- ugh.” Another shot of cum had found itself out of him and into me. Good god it was never enough.

“God only you can make my cock feel this good baby.” He

I'm unable to form a response from panting, shoot him a sly smile and a wink. Shinji let out a small bark of laughter before shaking his head and pulling out to roll over to my side. His fingers traced my navel and around my torso. Mindlessly feeling me as we both recover from each other.

As he studies my body I lay still, chest slightly heaving, lungs trying to catch up. My thoughts slowly came back to me.

Though laying with him was a great time there was one thing I truly needed to do before our sunlight was gone. And since our little distraction happened the sun was getting eaten by the horizon, slowly the familiar orange glow began settling on us.

He looked so peaceful looking at me in that moment… but all good things must come to an end. I bolt up without warning, and run to the center of the water hole with urgency. Ass bouncing and water flying I threw myself into the center, submerging myself in the glorious depths. Shinji had been startled, I could hear him shouting after me a playful “hey!” as he got caught in the splashes of water I had kicked up.

The water felt so crisp and refreshing after my body was set on fire from his touch. He stayed on the beach watching me splash around with that toothy grin plastered on his face. I'm sure he was enjoying the show .

Series this work belongs to: