Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 16 of Star Wars: Insurgency
Stats:
Published:
2022-01-23
Updated:
2023-11-29
Words:
64,886
Chapters:
23/35
Comments:
10
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
794

Ryloth Besieged

Summary:

Then another, clad in chrome, and holding a wicked-looking vibrospear, struck the ground like a hammer, the armoured knuckles of its free hand crunching the stone. Cracks radiated out from the impact as the figure's head rose, gleaming with the distinctive silvery sheen of ultrachrome. The unseen eyes immediately locked onto Rey – her attention could be felt through the Force, a threat in its own right.

 

Ryloth gave the Resistance shelter after Crait, and paid for it with a First Order occupation. Now the Twi'leks have risen up against the First Order, and the Resistance has a debt to repay.

Beta-read by Nomus, Kelborn and Imaginnova.

Chapter 1: Title Crawl

Chapter Text

The FIRST ORDER'S ascendancy has been challenged. With the NEW REPUBLIC government destroyed and many of its worlds seized in brutal conquest, SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN controls much of the Galaxy, but not all have bent the knee to him yet.

 

The valiant heroes of the RESISTANCE have escaped annihilation at Crait. Now their numbers are growing again, piecing together the shattered remnants of Republic forces and independent worlds threatened by the rampant tyranny, as well as taking in new fighters. However, Kylo Ren and his generals have moved to expand their forces and seize the entire Outer Rim, curtailing the freedom fighters’ resurgence.

 

Subjugated for aiding the Resistance, the Twi’lek homeworld of RYLOTH  is a focal point for these efforts. The First Order aims to exploit the planet's resources and populace, to arm and fund their future campaigns. But the proud Twi'leks have faced oppression many times before, and the spark of the Resistance is about to ignite on Ryloth...