Actions

Work Header

Would you love a monsterman?

Chapter 6

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Before Hanabi had pulled Hinata away the day before, she had asked Jugo if he had wanted to hang out again the next day.  Jugo had said ‘of course’ without even hesitating and asking what she had in mind.  His chest felt light as he walked to her house, even with Suigetsu walking next to him with a smug smile.  He still didn’t think the shorter boy was right,  but that didn’t dampen his excitement to see Hinata.  She opened the door as soon as Jugo knocked, smiling widely at him.  Her smile didn’t disappear as she noticed Suigetsu, but it did shrink a little.  

“Good morning, Jugo, Suigetsu.”  Her voice was as warm and pleasant as always, no hint of disappointment.  Suigetsu waved at his name.

“Hey Hinata, hope it’s okay that I tagged along.  Jugo’s always going on about how much fun you guys have together, and I wanted to get in on it.”  Jugo blushed at Suigetsu’s teasing tone.  He tried to subtly step on Suigetsu’s foot to shut him up, but the other boy’s foot just melted into water before Jugo could’ve touched him.  

“Yeah of course!”  Hinata’s face was just as red as Jugo’s felt.  “I…I just need to pack some more food.”  Jugo realized she had been holding a basket in her hands.  He got a fluttering feeling in his chest at the thought that she had made food for him.  “I’ll be right back.”  She took a step back, further into her house, but then Suigetsu waved his hand again.

“Actually!  I just remembered that I uh had a thing I had to do and can’t come anymore.  I just need to talk to Jugo real quick before I go.”  Suigetsu grabbed Jugo’s arm and started to pull him away.  Jugo considered just standing his ground as he knew he was stronger than Suigetsu, but he let the shorter boy pull him away.  Suigetsu only pulled him a few feet away, he could still even see Hinata, but he made Jugo lean down.  “So uh she definitely has feelings for you.  She made you a picnic.  A picnic!”  Jugo blushed at Suigetsu’s loud whisper.

“And she was going to add more food for you.”  Suigetsu rolled his eyes at him.  

“Yeah but she didn’t want to.  Didn’t you notice the way her face fell as I said I was going to tag along?  She was completely disappointed that she wouldn’t get to be alone with you.  She likes you!”  Suigetsu gave him a toothy grin.  “And what’s a better place to confess than a romantic picnic?”  He winked at Jugo, whose face felt even hotter.  

“But….she deserves someone better than me.  I’m a monster.  What if I lose control and hurt her someday?  I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.”  Jugo’s voice wavered a little, imagining hurting her as he said it.  Suigetsu’s smile was replaced with a more serious, knowing look.

“I don’t think you will, Jugo.  You’ve only gone monster mode once since we’ve been here.”

“You mean that first night when you stepped on my face as I was sleeping.”  Suigetsu waved Jugo’s words off.

“It could’ve been because of anything.  Anyway you haven’t lost control since you started hanging out with Hinata, and I don’t think you’re going to.  You just need to trust yourself a little.”  Suigetsu started to walk backwards and away from Jugo.

“But–”  Jugo tried to grab Suigetsu’s shoulder, but he just turned his arm into water, making him impossible to hold.  

“Good luck, big guy.”  And then Suigetsu melted completely, not even letting Jugo try to argue with him anymore.  Jugo took a deep breath and then another one as he still felt nervous.  He walked back over to Hinata, who was still waiting in the doorway, and hoped his face didn’t look as red as it felt.  She smiled at him warmly as he got closer, and he smiled back, only feeling more nervous.

Hinata led him to their usual spot in the forest.  It wasn’t really a good day for a picnic, it was cold enough that there was frost on the ground and all of the trees had lost their leaves, but Jugo appreciated the quiet of the forest.  Hinata had thought ahead to bring a thick blanket, so they at least weren’t sitting on the cold ground.  Jugo helped her lay it down, then sat close to her, telling himself it was just to help her keep warm.  

Jugo looked around as they sat together, still awed by the beauty of the forest.  Even in the cold winter, the area felt alive.  He was also still touched that Hinata had wanted to share it with him and kept sharing it with him.  As they grew closer, she had told him that this particular bit of the forest was where she had spent a lot of time when she was younger.  She had always been unsure of her abilities as a ninja, so would train there in secret, not wanting anyone to see her struggle.  Jugo had been touched when he realized she hadn’t just shared a piece of the forest with him but had shared a piece of herself.  He looked back at Hinata and felt a warmth in his chest as she was already looking at him.

Jugo still wasn’t completely convinced that Suigetsu was right and that Hinata had feelings for him.  But he did have feelings for her and it felt like all the reasons he had for not saying them before were unimportant now.  He smiled at her and liked the immediate way she smiled back.

“Hinata, I like you.”  Jugo’s smile widened as he watched her blush.  “And I don’t just mean as a friend.  I think you’re amazing and kind and have feelings for you.”  Her eyes widened as her blush darkened.  

“You have feelings for me ?”  Her voice was high and full of disbelief.  “But I…I mean I’m just….but you…”  She stumbled over her words as she became more and more flustered.  Jugo got a warmth in his chest as he watched her.  She didn’t accept his feelings or reject them, but somehow Jugo knew right then that she felt the same way.  Jugo gently grabbed her chin, liking the way her skin felt warm under his fingers.  Her eyes widened even more as he leaned in further.  

Hinata’s lips felt soft and they parted in surprise.  Jugo kissed her a little harder, which was all the encouragement she needed to kiss him back.  She grabbed his arm tightly and pulled him closer.  Jugo couldn’t stop himself from smiling into the kiss and he liked the way he could feel Hinata smile back.

Hianta’s cheeks were flush, and she was breathing heavily when they stopped kissing.  But she was also giving Jugo the brightest smile he had ever seen.  He was already leaning back in to kiss her again.  Now he had gotten to kiss her, Jugo wanted to kiss Hinata forever.  The only way he knew time hadn’t stopped was the continued noises from the forest around them.  Something settled in his chest as they kissed, and Jugo knew this was exactly where he was supposed to be. 

Notes:

obviously they have to kiss 💕 thank you for reading and i hope y'all are sold on them now.

thank you again LilyShinx for taking a first look!

and i hope you liked it HelloThereGhoul!!! 💕

Love a rarepair? Love to scream about them? Consider checking out a discord we made just for that purpose! Rarepair Hellscape is for any and all Naruto rarepairs! (link takes ya to the tumblr page with the info and the server link)