Actions

Work Header

it's a little cold outside, but i don't care if it's with you

Summary:

Druig looks over at the overexcited speedster.

He doesn't seem to feel the coldness at all.

He learns, much much later, she's the warmth in his life.

Notes:

it's my first time writing drukkari and i love them with all my heart and soul <3

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

Druig pulls his coat closer, and closer till it very nearly covers his frame completely. It wasn't enough to keep him warm at all.

The Eternals were in a very cold village in the Northern part of Earth. Why Ajak chose this place than all of the most obvious choices – Druig had no exact clue.

"Incoming!" Druig barely realizes the white ball blur of snow hurtling toward his face – he was too busy thinking up better places to observe to notice it.

(He doesn't sulk, Kingo, thank you very much.)

A blur also come from the side, stopping in front of him – taking the brunt of Sprite's snowball. It was Makkari. His beautiful Makkari. Druig blinked, watching Makkari step away towards Druig's side to where he stood, signing angrily at Sprite and Kingo, both in a fit of mischievious glee.

He only looked back and forth at them, just watching everything unfold – until Makkari drags him away from the bunch.

"You didn't have to do that you know." They stop at the edge of the hill, overlooking a spectacular view of glaciers and snow. "I could have handle it on my own."

"You didn't see it coming." Makkari signs back, a scoff written all over her face – but her eyes are drawn to the view in front of them, her feet bouncing in boundless energy.

Druig smirks, putting an arm around her by instinct. She's warm, that he knows – he has half a mind to hug her but decides not to. He feels the buzz of excitement, and the buzz of wonder radiating from her. He can't stop but think how he's sharing the same awe of wondern at this really winter white scene – that should be boring at its monochrome stretch.

But it's not.

Druig looks over at the overexcited speedster.

He doesn't seem to feel the coldness at all.

He learns, much much later, she's the warmth in his life.

Notes:

how was it?