Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-11-19
Completed:
2022-07-13
Words:
89,703
Chapters:
34/34
Comments:
1,180
Kudos:
8,562
Bookmarks:
1,548
Hits:
208,729

The Two Seers

Chapter 33: a Choice

Summary:

Casita is almost completely rebuild, and Mira and Bruno have a conversation about wether or not to stay in the village.

Notes:

And we’re back!

This chapter may be short, but an important one none the less!

Enjoy!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“The house will be done soon.” Mirabel suddenly says to her pá while she is in the middle of sewing a blanket, the rats sitting on her shoulders. “What will we do?”

Bruno hears his daughter’s question, though it’s a bit vague. “What do you mean?”

“Will we live with the rest of the family, or…stay here?” Mirabel asks more clearer.

Her question has the older seer think for a moment. On one hand, it would be good for both of them to go back to live in Casita with the rest of the family, and further reconnect with them at home. But on the other hand, everything that has happened in the last 16 years have kinda tainted the house in question, as well as their own gifts.

Yeah, Bruno hasn’t really thought about it yet.

“I don’t know.” He says, glancing at his daughter. “What about you? What do you want?”

Honestly, Mirabel already knows. She wants to stay in the village. In the nearly two months she had lived there, Mirabel hadn’t felt more happier and at peace. In that time, She and her pá didn’t have to worry about stealing food, drinking unclear water, and keeping up with their hygiene. They didn’t have to hide and live like rats anymore. They didn’t have to be on edge all the time for painful visions…

“I want to stay.” Mirabel says, being straight forward.

Even without his gift, Bruno had seen this answer from a mile away. After everything that has happened in their time living in the walls, he knows his daughter wanted to live anywhere but in Casita with the very same adults who abandoned her.

Even after she talked with them about it.

“You want to live with the family, do you?” Mirabel asks her father, her tone a bit nervous.

“Only if you want to.” Bruno reassures her. “I won’t leave you.”

Mirabel smiles at her Papá’s words, appreciating his attempts at reassuring her.

“So, we’re staying here?” She asks, just in case.

Bruno nods in response as a silent “yes”.

It’s like a huge weight lifts off the younger seer’s shoulders, utterly relieved. But…

“The house will be rebuild, though.” She says, her tone turning saddened, not really wanting her gift back. “Our gifts will return anyways.”

“Don’t worry.” Bruno says, putting a hand on her shoulder. “We will go through it together.”

Gus and Blue Cheese agree with their owner, as they nod in agreement.

Mirabel’s smile returns upon hearing her Papá’s words, feeling a bit better. Yes, she still feels skeptical and nervous for what’s to come, but she has her Papá, the rats, and her sisters and cousins to be there for her, as well as the other way around.

It will be okay.

Notes:

One last chapter to go…