Actions

Work Header

Loving On Each Other With No Strings

Summary:

After getting arrested at a protest, Team is offered a job that sounds too good to be true: Pretend to be a rich dude's boyfriend in order to piss off his parents and in return get more money than he knows what to do with. But is anything really that simple?

A WinTeam Sugar Daddy Au

Notes:

Me uploading two stories in one night who do I think I am???

Anyway hello! So this little idea sprung up back when I was picking prompts for WinTeam last year and I had this idea of doing a sugar baby au circling the prompt of "couple jewelry". I did still do the prompt but went in a different direction and I've been writing and deleting and rewriting this story since, so I've decided to just go ahead and actually commit to it.

So the first couple of chapters will just be me setting up the universe so if it feels like a ton of exposition it's because I basically am creating a whole new world from scratch. I'm really excited about this but also super nervous because I have most of it mentally planned out but not much of it actually written so it will pretty much be writing it as we go process. Hopefully, you guys enjoy this journey with me!!!

Also this story is based in London and I do not live there not have I ever visited so if I get some stuff wrong we're all just gonna pretend it's right lol

Also idk how I feel about this title I might change it I haven't decided yet

Chapter Text

“Here’s your stuff.” Team begrudgingly thanked the officer behind the reception desk as he was handed a plastic bag containing all the things that had been taken from him when he was arrested the night before. He ran a hand down his face and stretched, groaning as he felt his joints pop and pull, a deserved punishment for sleeping curled in a ball on a jail cell floor, a far cry from how he had thought his night would end.  

Team had been looking forward to the protest all week and when the day finally arrived, he had practically raced out of his last class and after a quick shower and a light dinner, he had hopped on the closest bus and made his way down to the community center, The Brick. 

The Brick had basically become his home away from home since setting foot in London over a year ago, having attended or helped with every single protest the center had organized since. Founded in the 60s by three friends, The Brick had initially started as a support group for the three of them who had all been struggling with their sexual identities at the time. As word of their support group spread and more people joined, the need for a permanent place became apparent and a few years later, the trio bought an old building and after some sprucing up and a lot of layers of paint, they officially inaugurated it,  The Brick Nonprofit Community Center for Queer and Questioning Youth , or The Brick for short. Even though it still held a weekly support group for anyone who wished to attend, The Brick had grown into so much more in the decades since its establishment. It now had a basement stocked with a large TV, board and video games, and a foosball and a ping pong table. There was a large kitchen area where every two weeks volunteers made school lunches for local kids. There were monthly movie nights and daily music lessons as well as weekly after-school tutoring services for all ages completely free of charge. The center even offered counseling services, making sure that the focus of being a safe haven for queer and questioning youth stayed their top goal. 

The protest Team had attended the night before had been organized by The Brick as a direct reaction to a recent attack on a transgender woman in downtown London and as a fundraiser to help raise money for her medical bills. The protest had been peaceful for hours and had been just starting to wind down when a fight broke out in the middle of the crowd. Team hadn’t been close enough to see or hear what had caused it, but all of a sudden everyone had been shouting and yelling and police sirens were going off and soon Team saw people all around him being hauled off into police vans and he had taken off running only to be grabbed a few minutes later.

Zipties had been snapped around his wrists and he was patted down before being shoved into the back of the wagon along with a few other people he recognized, having previously crossed paths with them at protests before. When they finally arrived at the police station, his stuff had been collected, his picture and his fingerprints taken before finally being given access to a phone. He immediately called The Brick’s hotline, the center having set up a fund precisely for moments like this. After giving all of his information to one of the volunteers (Team had worked the hotline shift a few times himself so he knew how it worked) he was escorted back to one of the open jail cells where he had spent the rest of the night, twisting and turning as he tried to get comfortable on the cold floor.  

Just as he had been finally drifting off to sleep, he was shaken awake by an officer saying that not only had his bail been paid, but so had everyone else that had been arrested with him and that now they were all free to go.   

“Try not to end up back here, hmm?” Team had to resist rolling his eyes at the quip. 

“I’ll try.”  Team put his wallet in his pocket and tried to turn on his phone, not shocked but also not happy to find it dead. He had started to walk away from the counter when the officer tapped him on the shoulder. 

“You forgot this.” In his hand, he was holding out a small yellow envelope and Team took it and turned it over in his hands a few times. He looked back up at the officer, confused. 

“What’s this?” The officer rolled his eyes. 

“It’s yours, how am I supposed to know.”

“But I didn’t come in with this.” 

“Well, it was with the rest of your stuff so you must have. Plus, that’s your name on it, right?” Team glanced back down at the envelope to see that the officer was right and his name was scribbled on the front in both English and then again underneath in Thai.

“Well yeah, but-” 

“Then I guess it must belong to you.” 

“But-”

“Team!” Team turned at the sound of his name being called to see Pharm running through the front doors towards him. 

At first, he had been completely against leaving his native Thailand for college and he hadn’t understood why his parents had been so adamant for him to apply to schools overseas, and especially in a country he would be expected to speak in English both consistently and  well , something that all of his failed English tests confirmed he did not know how to do. But when they flew over to London to visit some of the campuses during his last year of high school, he had fallen in love with the sights and the city and when he finally received his acceptance packet from The University of West London, he and his parents had spent almost an hour screaming in the living room. 

A few months later he had waved goodbye to them both and boarded his 11-hour flight, the nerves of moving continents finally beginning to hit him as the wheels of the plane lifted off the tarmac. Just as he had been about to spiral and message his parents about being on the first flight back to Bangkok, the girl seated beside him had leaned over and asked if he wanted a piece of gum. A quick round of introductions had led him to finding out her name was Manaow and Team had been overjoyed to discover that she was not only also traveling to London for school, but that she would be attending the same university as well. By the time they had finally touched down in Heathrow airport, the two had become fast friends, their first week in the city spent getting acclimated to their new surroundings as well as doing their best to adjust to speaking English full time. 

He and Manaow had met Pharm during their orientation for new international students. Slightly shorter than both Team and Manaow, Pharm himself had been born in Thailand and had lived in Bangkok until he was ten years old when his parents had moved him and his brother to London where they had lived ever since, though they did return to visit often. Being their same age and year, Pharm had been a godsend to both him and Manaow, eagerly showing them the best restaurants near campus for authentic Thai food (his mother’s being at the very  top  of the list as far as Team was concerned) as well as having been instrumental in helping the two foreigners get used to living in the city. Pharm was actually the one who had introduced the two of them to the community center, himself having been actively spending time at The Brick for at least two years after coming to terms with his own sexuality.

He, Pharm, and Manaow had been together at the protest the night before, but when the chaos had started and everyone started getting grabbed, Pharm had been pulled one way while Team had grabbed Manaow and ran in the opposite direction until they too had been pulled apart. Even though this wasn’t the first time the three of them had seen chaos during a protest, it was the first time they had ever been separated as well as the first time any of them had ever been taken. He hadn’t been able to sleep much at all the previous night and while he could chalk some of it up to his insomnia and the uncomfortable holding cell he had been kept in, he knew most of it was due to worrying about what had happened to his friends.  

Team glanced over his shoulder to hand the envelope back to the officer again only to see that he had the desk phone pressed against his ear. Team turned around just in time to be pulled into a hug by the other male which he willingly returned. 

“Thank god you’re okay.” Team said when they broke away from the embrace, quickly looking over his friend and gently patting him down for possible injuries as Pharm did the same to him. “Have you heard from Manaow? I lost her in the crowd but I never saw her get brought in. Do you-”

“She got pushed and fell when you two got separated. Someone helped her to a medical tent and she got taken to the hospital and she called me from there.” 

“And she’s okay?” Pharm nodded. 

“She’s got some bruises and cuts but she’s okay. She also sprained her wrist and she’s gonna have to wear a brace for about a month but that’s the worst of it.” 

“Okay, good. And you?” 

“I slipped through one of the sidestreets before they could catch me and just stayed there till everything died down before I tried looking for you two. I thought both of you had been arrested but when Manow called me from the hospital, I realized only you got caught. I called The Brick this morning to figure out how much it was gonna take to get you out and they said that they had just gotten off the phone with the station and that not only had your bail been paid but so had everyone else’s. I hung up and came straight here.” Team narrowed his eyes in confusion.  

Wait . The center didn’t bail us out?” Pharm shook his head. “Then who did?” 

“Natalie said the only thing the police would tell her is that an anonymous donor paid for it.” 

“But there were at least twenty of us who got locked up last night. They bailed  all  of us out? Why would they do that? Who could  afford  to do that?” Pharm shrugged.

“I mean it’s not completely crazy. People donate to The Brick’s fund all the time in order to buy people out of jail so this isn’t really all that different. Maybe it’s just a private org that just doesn’t want to be officially listed or something.” Team frowned, looking back down at the envelope still in his hands, Pharm taking notice of it for the first time.

“What’s that?” Team huffed out a sigh. 

“I don’t know. It was with my things and it’s got my name on it, but I definitely didn’t have it with me last night.”

“And you don’t recognize the handwriting?” Team shook his head. “Well, are you gonna open it?” Team contemplated it for a moment before shoving it into his jacket pocket.

“Maybe later. Right now all I want to do is take a shower and sleep for the next 72 hours.” Pharm rolled his eyes before gently grabbing the other male’s arm and beginning to drag him towards the doors and out of the station. 

“Come on. Manaow’s already home and I made breakfast. You can sleep after we eat.” Team felt his heart swell at the other male’s mention of food and willingly followed his friend into the parking lot and towards his car. 

“Without you I would  starve , Pharm. If I ever descend into temporary madness and say I don’t want to be your friend anymore, just remind me how much I love your cooking and I’ll shut up.” 

“Team?” 

“Yeah?” 

“Shut up and get in the car.” 

“I love you too, Pharm. I love you too.” 

Chapter 2: The First Meeting

Summary:

Win & Team meet for the first time

Notes:

Hello my friends! I am back with another chapter and it's been less than a month! This may the fastest I've updated anything! Just as a heads up I'll be switching back and forth between Win and Team's third-person povs throughout this story, but that'll more than likely be by chapter and I'll make it very clear at the beginning who will be following. As always, please feel free to comment!

Also this isn't beta -read so if you see a mistake in spelling/grammar, let me know so I can come back and fix it!

Also, also, I think it's really funny how much I absolutely HATED the title for this (Like I almost deleted the story twice because I disliked the title so much) when I made it because I was literally just trying to pick something, and now I'm absolutely in love with it. Life's weird sometimes guys.

Enjoy!

possible trigger warnings for this chapter are at the bottom if you wanna skip ahead!

Edited: 05/14/2022

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“I still think this is possibly one of the dumbest plans you’ve ever come up with.” 

“You’ve said that six times already.” 

“And I’m going to keep saying it until you believe me.” Win rolled his eyes before swiveling around on his heels to face the room's other occupant. He was completely unsurprised to find his best friend Dean glaring at him disapprovingly from his spot. The restaurant itself wasn’t very large and their private room, smaller than some of the conference rooms he'd had business meals in before, perfectly reflected that but with its muted lighting and dark maroon walls, the vibe was cozy and secluded, exactly the environment Win was after. At his request, the restaurant staff had removed the large table for six, and in its place was a small round one, its tablecloth matching the walls and already set for two. Soft classical music was drifting through the speakers and the ties of the red curtains on the french doors leading inside the room had been released, obstructing the view through the glass of the doors completely. Win walked over to one of the chairs and carefully draped his suit jacket over the back of it.

“Dean, you're exaggerating." Win started as he undid his cufflinks and started the process of rolling up his shirt sleeves. "I once suggested we swim in the Trevi Fountain. This is a much better plan than that one.” 

“I said this was one of your dumbest, not that it was the worst one. Don't worry though, you almost getting us arrested for that makes it so that will always be permanently cemented within the top five.” Win rolled his eyes already fully aware of the direction this age-old argument was headed in.

“Well unless you can think of something better, this is what we’re going with.” Dean shook his head as he pushed off the wall. 

“There’s got to be an easier option we haven’t thought about. Maybe we just didn’t word it right when we talked to your parents last time. We can plan better, try again with some new reasons-” Win scoffed. 

“And how would this time be any different than the last time we tried? Or the time before that? Or any of the times I tried to talk to them when we were still in high school?” 

“Win-”

No, Dean." He firmly stated, his friend falling silent. "I’m done talking to them only to have them not listen. My parents? They aren't like yours. They’re not interested in hearing what I have to say if it in any way shape or form goes against the life plan they’ve constructed for me. Do you remember what happened the last time we tried to ‘convince them’, hmm?” Win watched his best friend try to hide his grimace and was unsuccessful. 

Win, having spent years trying to get his parents to see his side of things, had already predicted how the argument between them would go and hadn’t wanted Dean to be there for it, but his best friend had been adamant that he could act as a buffer as well as a voice of reason. He had tried to convince Dean repeatedly not the come, but the other hadn't budged. 

'Your parents like me Win and you've never let me be there before and they've always said no. Maybe me being there is how you change the answer. We show them there's someone else who doesn't think you're crazy for not wanting to go along with their plan. Maybe another voice will help change the conversation this time.'  Win had eventually relented, his own pessimistic predictions eventually giving way underneath his friend's raging optimism. Unfortunately for them both, Dean's good intentions had been for nothing and all his presence had done was earn him a front-row seat to one of the worst moments of Win’s entire life. 

“They laughed." Win spit out, upset at how much talking about the conversation from that day was making his friend uncomfortable and angry about the fact that he had known what the outcome would be and still chose to hope for a different possibility anyway. "They laughed in my face Dean and said I was foolish for not being grateful for all they had given me before calling me a disappointment who needed to learn to be thankful for the family I was born into. I don't know if you remember, but my mother specifically said 'The only reason you are worth something is because you're a Wanichakarnjonkul. If you had been born anyone else-" 

"You wouldn't be worth anything at all." Dean finished. "Yeah, Win, I remember." Dean finally met his eyes and Win could see in his eyes that not only did he remember the conversation, but he also remembered the rest of that night: Dean watching as he polished off almost an entire handle of whiskey by himself, Dean having to wrestle his car keys out of his hands to keep him from driving, Dean physically pulling him off the ledge of his apartment's balcony, Dean tackling him to the ground as he tried to reach the knife block in his kitchen, Dean using his entire body weight to hold him down as he cried and screamed about wanting to die.

He had eventually been overtaken by exhaustion and had passed out right there on the floor, only waking up hours later to rush to his bathroom and empty the contents of his stomach into his toilet bowl. There had been a tap on his shoulder between two of the rounds and he had lifted his head to see Dean standing there with a glass of water held out towards him, looking just as miserable as Win felt and he was positive his best friend hadn't slept at all. Dean spent the next week with him in his apartment, Win unable to emotionally, mentally, or physically ask him to leave.

It had already been six months since that night. However, sometimes, Win could still feel Dean watching him when he thought he wasn't looking, and every now and then he would get a phone call in the middle of the night from his best friend claiming he couldn't sleep, or that he had a question about a document, or that he was hungry and wanted to know if Win wanted to go with him and grab something to eat. Dean always acted like the calls were for his personal benefit, but Win saw them for what they were: wellness checks to ensure sure he was safe, was in his house at a reasonable hour, and most importantly, was still alive. Win cleared his throat and nodded.

 "I already tried it your way, Dean and if they actually cared about what I wanted, things would be different." He said softly. "But they don’t and now they've left me no choice but to figure out an extreme way out.” Dean opened his mouth to say something only to be stopped as there was a knock on the door. Dean glanced over before turning back. 

“You really think this is gonna work?” Win shrugged one shoulder. 

“Not really, but what have I got to lose at this point?” He saw Dean's eyebrows come together in disapproval but Win swiftly ignored it as he walked over to the door and pulled it open, the male on the other side jumping in surprise. The stranger's hand tightened around the strap of his messenger bag as he looked Win up and down, taking clear notice of his formal suit compared to the jeans and t-shirt he was wearing himself.  

“Sorry, I think I’m in the wrong place. The guy up front said to come to the room back here, but I’ll just-” 

“Oh no, you’re at the right place, Mister Siriyothin. Please do come in.” Win watched as the other seemed to contemplate retreating before shuffling into the room, Win shutting the door closed behind him. The boy looked as if he wanted to speak but quickly stopped upon taking sight of Dean whom by then had masked his expression into a perfect mask of formal politeness. “My apologies. This is my best friend and business partner, Dean.” Dean nodded his head in his direction. 

“It’s nice to meet you, Mister Siriyothin.” The boy pulled a face.

“Mister Siriyothin is a bit much. Please, call me Team.” Dean nodded.

“Well, it was very nice to meet you, Team. And as much as I’d like to stay, I think that this is a conversation that should happen without me. If you’ll excuse me.” Dean sent a small smile in his direction before shooting a look at Win and exiting the room, the other two occupants falling into silence. 

“Mister Wanichakarnjonkul-”

“Win.” 

“What?” 

Win. It's my name. If I'm calling you by your first name it's only fair that you know mine. Have a seat, Nong.” The older male gestured towards the table before walking over and dropping down into his own chair, only then seeing that Team had yet to move from his position by the door, his eyes now wide in confusion. “What? Something wrong?” 

“You, uh, you called me, um nong.” 

“What? Too casual too soon?” 

“No, I just, uh. I wasn’t sure if, um-” It took a few seconds before Win figured out what the other male was trying to say, but when it finally clicked, he felt a smile spread across his face.

“You weren't sure if I was Thai?” Team let out a breath of air and nodded. “Me writing your name on the envelope in Thai wasn’t proof enough?”  

“Just because you can read and write in Thai doesn’t mean that you are a Thai. Anyone can learn a language. We’re both literally speaking English right now .” Win could tell that the other male was mildly annoyed and he could hear Dean’s voice in the back of his head telling him to cool it, but he couldn’t help wanting to tease him just a little bit more. 

“Are you saying seeing my last name in the letter wasn’t clue enough?” Team, unable to argue with that, choose instead to say nothing. Win held in a laugh. “Would it make you feel more comfortable if we switched languages?” Win watched as the younger male shuffled his feet as he thought it over, the hand still gripping the strap of his bag twisting back and forth. Eventually, he shrugged. 

“I don’t know, maybe .” Win grinned.

“Well,” he started, easily shifting into his mother tongue. “I can assure you that me and Dean as well, are both fully Thai, nong. And now that we’ve cleared that up, please have a seat. The chair is much more comfortable than standing across the room.” He watched Team glance behind him at the door again before he stiffly made his way over to the table dropping his bag on the floor as he slid down into the chair. With half the battle done, Win let out a sigh of relief and picked up his menu and pretended to look it over. 

 “Well, I hope you came hungry. Everything they serve here is good but these twelve are some of the chef’s specialties. I had the menu specially curated myself so there’s a little of everything because I didn’t know what you would like. Feel free to order anything that catches your eye.” 

“Win-” 

“You live near downtown right? Was it hard getting up here? Was the train full?” 

“No it wasn’t but-”

“Are you thirsty? Would you like something to drink? Are you more into red or white wine cause the selection they have here-” 

Win! Why am I here?” Win stopped in his ramblings to look across the table and find his companion leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed over his chest, his expression just shy of glaring. Win slowly closed the menu before placing it back on the table.

“Straight to the point aren’t you?” He offered with a chuckle. Team did not join in.

“Why. Am. I. Here.”  Win winced at the harsh tone as he folded his hands over the table and put on his best businessman persona that had been drilled into his body for as long as he could remember.

“I have a proposition for you.” He stated simply. The other male's face changed, but instead of upset, it turned suspicious as he gave Win another once over. 

“What, like a job or something?”

“...Or something.” 

“Thanks, but no thanks. I already have one on campus and my student visa limits what I can do otherwise.” Win chucked.

“I don’t think what I’m offering you would disqualify your visa.” 

“Is it something illegal?” 

“I'm positive that anything illegal would immediately cancel out your visa. Besides, everything I do is completely above the board, I promise. Maybe not the most orthodox, but nothing criminal or anything like that.” Win watched as Team thought it over before finally, he shook his head. 

“I’m sorry," The younger male started. "But I don’t think I can do this, whatever it is. I’m not sure what you want from me but I don’t think I’m the right person for whatever it is. The only reason I'm here is that my roommates said I should at least hear what you had to say in person, but I, I think I’m just gonna go.” Team pushed back his chair and grabbed his bag Win’s heart rate sky-rocketing with every step the other male took, his brain rapidly trying to come up with a reason for why he had to stay. 

“Wait!” He said as he rose to his feet. By then Team had reached the door and Win was sure he would keep going, but to his surprise, the younger stopped and turned back to look at him, his expression expectant. Win licked his lips as he willed his brain to work faster and come up with something. 

“You...you said...”

"...I said what?" 

"You said, that uh,...your visa...you're on a student visa..." 

“Yeah, so what? Congratulations, your ears work the way they're supposed to.” Win had to resist rolling his eyes. 

“Well,” he started, already regretting what he was about to say. “I know one of the stipulations of a student visa is that if you get arrested, regardless of how minor of an offense, it can be reason enough for it to be revoked and therefore have you kicked out of school and subsequently deported.” Team paled at that and took a shocked step back.

“Is, is that a threat? Are you threatening me right now?” 

“No! Not threatening! More so...explaining.” Win saw that Team was opening his mouth to argue, but Win pressed onward. “Your information as a foreigner is in the system. When you were arrested, an alert would have gone off when they entered your name and fingerprints and it would have notified the police that you had violated the terms of your visa. It’s been almost 48 hours since you were arrested and no one’s come after you, right?” 

“What is it that you’re trying to imply?” Team's expression went from worried to confused and if the situation wasn't so serious Win was sure he would have laughed at the rapidness in which the boy's face seemed to change. 

“What do you think I'm trying to imply?” 

“It sounds like you’re saying the only reason I'm not currently on a plane back to Thailand is that you bribed the police into removing this from my record.”

“I will neither confirm or deny that. I am saying there should have been an alert on your name and yet you’re still in London, your visa is still intact and the only people who know about this offense are you, me and one member of the local police team. Whatever conclusions you draw with that information are completely your own.” Win watched as Team's eyes searched his face for any signs of a lie and when he found none, his jaw dropped in disbelief. 

“Are you saying I owe you something for you keeping me in the country?" Team asked, his voice growing more outraged by the word. "You just said that you're not involved with anything criminal! Win-" 

“I have a proposal for you." Win rushed out. "The only thing I want from you is for you to listen to it.” Team glanced between his deserted chair and the door a few times before slowly moving his eyes back to lock with Win's.

“That’s all you want? Absolutely nothing else?” 

“That’s it, I swear. Will you sit back down? Please?” Win did his best to keep his face blank as he waited. The silence seemed to be growing endless and just as Win had been about to promise him anything he wanted if he just agreed to stay, he saw Team make a decision and take a tiny step back towards the table. Then another. Then one more. Eventually, he took enough to get him standing beside the table once more, his right hand gripping the back of his former seat, while his left one kept a firm hold on the strap of his bag. His body was still slightly turned in the opposite direction, clearly ready to bolt at any moment. 

“I have friends who are expecting to hear from me later tonight and they know exactly where I am. Also, I saw at least three cameras outside and at least one inside the door plus one more in the hallway. There’s no way you would have been able to bypass all of them, so if you have plans on murdering me you’re not going to get away with it in the slightest .” 

“I’ll even drive you home myself if you like.” Team scoffed at the suggestion before dropping down into the chair and opening his menu. 

“I’ll take my chances on the train, thanks.” Win laughed before shaking out his shoulders, as he returned to his own seat. 

“Fair enough. Now Team-” 

“You said I could have anything I want on the menu right?” Team interrupted, his eyes going back and forth as he looked over the book. Win blinked twice before nodding.  

“Yeah, but-” 

“Good. I’ll have one of everything.” He said shutting the menu and placing it back on the table. Win's jaw dropped in surprise, more than a little shocked at the sudden turn the conversation had taken.

“Team-” 

“Food first, then you can talk. I already know that whatever it is you’re gonna tell me is going to be  annoying  and I don’t want it to ruin my appetite.” Win stared at him for a few moments before barking out a laugh and hitting a small button on the side of their table. Moments later, the door opened and their server walked in, carrying a tray that had two goblets and a pitcher of water. After filling both glasses and briefly introducing herself, the server pulled a small notebook out of her apron and a pen out from behind her ear.  

“So have you two decided what you wanted to order?” Win glanced at Team and raised an eyebrow seeking confirmation. Team simply crossed his arms and stared back. Win turned back to smile up at their waitress. 

“We’ll have one of everything.” Win said switching back to English while handing over both his and Team’s menus. “And your best bottle of chardonnay.” The waitress paused slightly, clearly unsure that she had heard correctly. Out of the corner of his eyes, Win saw Team freeze as well, the other male apparently not having expected him to follow through. 

“You want one of...everything?”

“What can I say? We’re starving. Aren't we Team?” Win asked, the challenge clear in his voice. Team, clearly not about to be undone, turned his head up in the direction of the server, his eyes still trained fully on Win.

“You know what? You better make it two of everything. I think I’m a little hungrier than I previously thought. That won’t be a problem, will it… Mr. Wanichakarnjonkul?” Win didn't even attempt to tamper down the grin that spread across his face. 

“Of course not. Two of everything, including your best chardonnay. Have them send out the starters as soon as they’re ready.” The server looked back and forth between them and after shooting them one last confused look, she exited the room, the door closing with a quiet snap behind her.

“I was serious you know.” Team spoke up. “I don’t want to hear a single word about whatever this proposal is until after all the food comes out.” Win nodded in agreement. 

“I understand. Business before pleasure is overrated anyway. How about a toast while we wait?” Win asked, raising his glass of water. Team picked up his own and mirrored the action. 

“And what are we toasting to?” 

“To a very successful future partnership.” Team let out a snort.

“I haven’t even said yes yet. Don’t you think it’s a bit early to be celebrating?”

“I guess you’re right. How about this then. To a magnificent dinner that we will have absolutely no chance of finishing.” Team swished the water in his glass back and forth as he thought it over before nodding and leaning across the table to clink the top of his goblet with Win’s. 

“Now that, I will toast to.” 

Notes:

-Win does recall a past experience when he tried to kill himself/wanted to die

-Team tries to leave the meeting but Win gets him to stay by telling him that the only reason he hasn't had his visa revoked is because Win bribed the police. Is that coercion? I wasn't sure because my headcanon was that Win would never have actually had it put back on Team's record or anything he was just trying to get him to not leave but I wanted to put it as a warning just in case