Actions

Work Header

Happy Birthday, Dear Satan!

Summary:

Prompts

- Stay up with Satan until 12:00 a.m and be the first to say ‘Happy birthday’ after giving him a tender kiss
- You and Satan will bake a cake on his birthday
- Come into Satan’s room after celebrating his birthday with his brothers and fall asleep together holding hands

Chapter 1

Notes:

https://youtu.be/m8WdOn5iums

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

11:47 pm

“You’re absolutely sure about this?” He asked, placing the book he’d just read to her onto the pile behind his headboard without particular care for where it ended up. “It is pretty late by now, you know.”

“I didn’t peg you as much of an early bird yourself.” Rheannon pointed out. “Besides, this isn’t anywhere near the latest I’ve stayed up to.”

Satan chuckled, then pulled her even closer.

October 19th. Mere minutes before it would be time to celebrate her beloved’s birthday. In all honesty, Rheannon had not thought that demons had birthdays. And even if they did, given their long lifespans, they wouldn’t see them as important. 

Then again, she had not thought the most well-known demon of all would become her lover either. But a lot can—and did—happen within a few years. A lot had happened to her between the young child she had been first learning about the sins and the young woman she now was, tangled within a demon’s embrace.

11:49 pm

Tonight was no different from any other night. Reading to each other and cuddling in each other’s beds had become a regular thing ever since they’d started dating. Tonight had been Satan’s turn to read, and Rheannon had downed enough caffeine-filled food and drink to ensure she didn’t fall asleep to his soothing voice like she usually did. The story he’d read to her—a collection of Grimm’s fairy tales—would’ve kept any regular person awake anyways. But whenever he read to her, no matter what the subject matter, she’d always find herself lulled into the world of dreams.

But not tonight.

Dressed in her fluffy pink pyjamas, Rheannon nuzzled further into his chest, to which he started patting her head as though she were one of the kittens he was so fond of.

The thought rang true as Satan muttered, “Just like a cat.”

Rheannon simply smiled up at him.

11:51 pm

“9 minutes left.” Rheannon looked at the timer on her phone screen, watching as the seconds ticked by at a torturously slow pace. Satan hummed. 

“You know that I’ve been alive for a very long time. Long enough that birthdays stop mattering at some point.”

A glance at him from the corner of her eye. “I do know that. I also know that that applies to all of you, and yet you celebrate each other’s birthdays regardless.”

He continued to pat her head. Normally this would have her out like a light within a few minutes, but the caffeine in her system wouldn’t allow it. She wouldn’t allow it either. “I’ve never truly understood why.”

Rheannon looked from her screen to him. She then shifted her position so she was facing him better. “Well, obviously it’s a celebration of the day you were born. If it weren’t for that day, I would’ve never met you. Just the thought makes me wanna tear up a little.” She pouted and sniffled for emphasis. 

Satan shook his head, laughing. “That’s one reason to be happy about it, I suppose.” A soft sigh. “The same applies to you, of course. I know my life would be quite different, and still terribly dull indeed, had you never been born.”

“Well, that applies to a lot of people within your life, wouldn’t you say?” Rheannon tried to humbly turn the remark aside, but Satan was having none of it as he continued, “I suppose. But you’re different.” He leaned in and kissed her forehead. Rheannon hummed but said nothing further, and simply pulled out her phone to glance at the time again.

11:59 pm

“Oooh, it's almost time!” Rheannon exclaimed, quickly sitting up. Satan groaned at the sudden loss of her warmth, but soon joined her in sitting up too. 

20 seconds till midnight. He gave her a weary smile. “You’re a hundred percent serious about this?”

“Absolutely! Count down with me?” Rheannon pleaded, giving him the most adorable pout she could muster.

Satan tried to frown, but the pleading look she gave him made him crack instantly, and with a sigh, he replied, “Fine.”

“Yay!” With Rheannon holding the phone between them, the pair watched as the seconds passed, until eventually…

“3…2…1…”

12:00 am

Finally. October 20th. Rheannon quickly put her phone away, safe in her pocket as Satan sighed.

“Well, there you have it.” He began. “Nothing too special really, but of course—“

“Can I kiss you?” Rheannon interrupted him, a sweet smile on her face. The sudden proposal caught the usually unflappable demon off guard, but Satan quickly regained himself and answered with a smirk, “Do you even have to ask?”

Rheannon huffed, then straddled him faster than he could blink. His eyes widened slightly, but the smirk remained as she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. She felt his hands latch onto her sides, squeezing in a gentle motion that had her melting against him, her own hands latching onto his shoulders.

After a little while, when she finally pulled away, Rheannon then began peppering his whole face with kisses. Taking frequent pauses between her words to do so, she said, “Happy Birthday. You’re the best boyfriend anyone could ask for. I’m so excited to celebrate and spoil you today. I love you so, so, so much, never ever forget that.”

By the time she was done and her excitement had settled down, she finally noticed how frazzled his appearance now was from her sudden onslaught of affection. Rheannon giggled sheepishly. “I got a bit carried away there huh? Hehe, sorry.”

Once he finally registered it all, Satan simply smiled, looking at her with so much love in his eyes that Rheannon ended up kissing him again.

But not before he managed to say, “Don’t be.”

Notes:

Hello again!

As we all know, this boy's birthday's coming up real fast, and since I'm not sure if ruri will be posting anything new for his birthday this year, I decided to hop onto the prompts from last year and get them out of the way!

I know I'm early, but shh, the event was dropped yesterday so 🤷🏻♀️

I find this part to be simpler than I normally write, but I still think it's quite cute (especially that ending 👉👈💖

The other parts will hopefully be completed soon, if I can get myself to work fast enough. Hope you're looking forward to them! 💖

Chapter 2

Notes:

https://youtu.be/4lYvV6HiwRU / https://youtu.be/JVzLcP9tnkM - for the first half

https://youtu.be/Rnu4pRFa-V8 - for any time after I come back

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Was it customary for a person to make their own birthday cake on their birthday?

When Rheannon had asked him that, Satan had blinked at her. Once. Twice. Then, bluntly, “Screw customs.”

She couldn’t agree more.

“Any particular flavour you want?” Rheannon asked him, one foot out the kitchen doorway and her black messenger bag strapped diagonally across her frame.

“What’s that perfume you always wear?” He arranged the cooking utensils they’d need neatly on the counter. “I know it’s something gourmand; it drives Beel crazy every time he sees you.”

Rheannon laughed. “Vanilla caramel, usually. Though, I use other sweet scents too. The brand has four different perfume sets, at least to my knowledge. The others are cotton candy, strawberry, and candy apple.”

Satan nodded. “Out of those four? Surprise me.” Rheannon chuckled. “It is your birthday after all.” She frowned at the counter. “You’re sure you don’t want me to help you with all that?”

“Splitting up will be the most efficient way we get this cake made quickly.” He’d walked over to the cupboards and was now rummaging their shelves for the mixer and its various parts. “Divide and conquer, am I wrong? We don’t have the most time after all, with the celebration I know you’re planning with the others for me later tonight.”

Rheannon grimaced. She was a fool to think anything could get past someone as intelligent as Satan. “Well, at least your personal cake flavour will be a surprise.” She pouted, not seeing any point in playing dumb since she was a terrible liar anyway. “You could’ve at least pretended you didn’t know.”

Satan smiled coyly. “Oh, believe me, I would’ve had genuinely no idea had Mammon and Levi not opened their big mouths.” Rheannon groaned. Of course it was those two. But she clamped down on her urge to go find them and give them an earful. Today was a day of celebration, after all. Their scolding could wait until tomorrow.

“Right. Well, I’m off.” But she walked into the kitchen instead, lifted herself up slightly, and gave him a peck on the cheek. “I can never say it enough; happy birthday. And… I love you.”

Satan smiled, though it was weary, and then he pulled her into a hug. “I know it’s the most efficient way, but… that doesn’t mean I won’t worry.” He mumbled into her neck. Rheannon sighed, wrapping her arms around him in response. 

Of course, he trusted her to be safe wherever she went. They all did. It was other demons they didn’t trust. Rheannon would’ve found it ironic, but given that almost none of them were originally demons… Was it far-fetched to say that in all the centuries they’d lived here, the only demons they fully trusted were Diavolo and Barbatos?

“I’ll be fine.” She assured him. His grip on her only tightened. After what felt like both forever and no time at all, he pulled back to look at her. His gaze fell upon her lips, and Rheannon understood immediately. He leaned forward, as did she, until their lips met. The kiss was gentle at first, but grew hungrier as his hands travelled down to her ass and Rheannon had to practically cling to his neck to stay standing as her knees melted from his touch. 

Something else was melting too, as Satan made a noise of approval upon touching her just enough to have her jolt against him in bliss. To her dismay, he pulled away after that touch, chuckling at the irritated look she gave him as she tried to regain her breath. “You’ll get the rest if you come back in one piece.”

He smirked at the indignant huff she let out. “Are you trying to bribe me into staying safe?” Satan simply slid out of her grasp, and immediately Rheannon felt cold, despite the warmth her body flushed with. She rubbed her thighs together in hopes of quelling the familiar feeling between them.

“The cake mix won’t buy itself.” Satan said simply, though there was a teasing tone to it. He walked over to the draws and rummaged through them for anything else they might need.

Rheannon was half tempted to shout at him, but instead returned his teasing with a remark of her own. “You really are a wicked demon.”

She was glad that he’d seen it for what it was, and Satan laughed. “One that doesn’t go back on his word, at least. You understand what that means, right?

Rheannon couldn’t run for the front entrance fast enough, giving him a curt ‘Bye!’ As she went. His laughter still echoed in her ears as she headed for the Devildom town.

 


 

All by his lonesome, Satan chuckled fondly to himself as he went over the events that had unfolded half an hour ago. Rheannon was still out, so he had all the time to do so. He’d sorted everything he was certain they’d need mere minutes after she’d left, which helped as well.

It was always so endearing, seeing and hearing and feeling her reactions to his touch. Rheannon was not innocent or oblivious in the slightest; she knew exactly what he’d implied earlier. She’d likely tired herself out running for the town because of it, too. Her eyes had been molten with her desire, whether she knew it or not. Satan supposed he was at fault for stirring up that desire in the first place, but it was just so fun to tease her like that. 

Perhaps he really was wicked, just as she’d said. But weren’t all demons?

And, though he would never admit it to anyone except her, he took great joy in the fact that he was one of the few that she allowed to touch her that way. According to her, she had never actually experienced the kind of touches he gave. Instead, she had lived it all vicariously through what she read, what she drew, what she wrote.

Of course, this had all changed now. Satan supposed the physical inexperience contributed to how easily overwhelmed she got when he touched her. He wasn’t an expert on it like Asmo, but Satan knew desire when he saw it. And he had seen it, in her eyes. Heard it in her irritation after he’d decided to deny both of them. Seen it again in how her thighs had rubbed together, something he knew she only did whenever she was having those feelings, those thoughts.

Today being a special day would perhaps make any potential coupling they might have a lot sweeter. Satan bit his lip at the thought of it, the thought of exploring more than just her mouth. But then he heard a nearby door open, and he had to clamp down on the idea before it went out of control. He would not let himself be found like this, as his brothers would tease him to no end over it. And if Rheannon found him like this…he wouldn’t make his fantasies a reality unless it was really what she wanted as well.

To both his relief and horror, it was Rheannon who walked into the kitchen, bags in each hand. With a huff, she placed them onto the floor next to the counter. “And there we have it!” She beamed. Her longing from earlier appeared to be gone. She’d likely clamped down on it as well to focus on buying the ingredients, and it had winked out entirely while she’d been out. Damn it, he should’ve tried to do the same earlier…

…because now Satan couldn’t stop staring at her like a lovestruck fool.

 


 

Rheannon beamed proudly at him, wiping a light sheen of sweat from her forehead with the back of her wrist. “To my surprise, they had all four of the scents I mentioned to you as cake flavours. Well, sort of. I know you said to surprise you, but I just couldn’t decide. So, we’ll be making a bunch of cupcakes instead!”

Satan seemed dazed as he replied with a curt nod. Rheannon tilted her head at him.

“Hey, you good?” She waved a hand in front of his eyes. 

He blinked, shaking his head like she often did when she’d been zoning out. “Erm, yes, alright. I am fine, thank you.” He walked over to the other side of the counter, away from her. Seeing as there were a lot of utensils scattered about, it would probably be easier if they tackled it from both sides.

But if Rheannon didn’t know any better, she’d say he was avoiding her.

“Riiight…” She stared at him for a bit longer, then shrugged and began pulling off her jacket.

“What are you doing?” He asked bluntly. The denim slid off her form and she placed it on a shelf far from the counter.

“Well, cake baking tends to get messy, and I don’t want to get batter all over this. Not to mention it can get warm in the kitchen sometimes, and I don’t want to sweat and smell and feel all gross, just, ugh.” She shuddered in disgust at the thought. 

When she looked over at him for a reaction, Satan was just staring dazedly. It took Rheannon another moment to realise he was staring at her. She blinked at him in turn, and he again shook his head. The moment was quickly forgotten as she started pulling out the ingredients from the bags.

“We need cupcake trays now. Can you grab those for me please?” She glanced at him.

“Oh, yes, right.” Satan practically scrambled for where she assumed they kept the cupcake trays. Watching him for a few seconds, Rheannon then shook her own head and took the larger cake pans and trays off of the counter and placed them on a nearby shelf. They’d put them away properly later. 

But her thoughts kept mulling over Satan’s current behaviour. This was not like him at all. She wondered what had him so flustered. Surely he couldn’t still be thinking about their earlier encounter. Now that she remembered, there hung a tension in the air. She supposed it had been there from the moment she walked back into the kitchen, she just hadn’t noticed. 

She blushed at the memory of his touches, her vivid imagination painting phantom hands across where he’d touched her merely an hour ago.

Would things go further than before? He was a man of his word after all. Despite herself, she hoped that it would.

 


 

He truly was a fool.

Rheannon had taken her jacket off for a perfectly logical reason, yet Satan still couldn’t help imagining her taking off more, until nothing could hide her beauty from him.

Focus, he scolded himself, but his eyes would not listen after he’d set down the cupcake trays and liners. His gaze lingered on her as she placed the utensils they didn't need anymore out of the way. The way those leggings hugged her supple hips and framed her shapely legs, or how that loose flowing butterfly top exposed the tiniest hint of her cleavage—

Focus for fuck’s sake, Satan smacked his palm against his temple a few times. Thankfully, her back was turned so she couldn’t see him looking like the fool he was at the moment. Focus at least until the cupcakes are in the oven, and then test the waters.

That was easier said than done, however. Each moment they spent preparing the cupcakes was agony, as it took them a long time to mix the ingredients until they had four bowls of smooth cake batter even as they worked together. Rheannon had allowed him to taste each one through a teaspoon she’d swiped when his back was turned, as did she, and each time Satan was tempted to lean forward and taste the batter from her lips instead.

And then it came time to fill each cupcake liner. This time, Satan was tempted to rip his hair out with how many there were, as they were making an extra four trays to take Beel’s appetite into account. He was certain he'd go mad from the desire simmering in his veins, but he'd sooner do that then make her uncomfortable. Could she sense what ailed him? She would've said something by now if she did. Perhaps she was too focused on lining her own trays to notice, like he should be, but his wild thoughts made it more difficult than it should've been. Eventually, though, the cupcakes were soon ready to be placed in the ovens. The first four trays went in, and Rheannon closed the oven doors with a proud sigh.

“And there we go!” Rheannon declared, her back to him. Now was his chance. Quiet as a mouse, Satan slowly walked until he was standing right behind her. 

“I’m super excited to try the strawberry actually. I haven’t eaten strawberry cupcakes in ages but I remember they’re so good, and—“ As she spoke, she’d turned around, and stopped short as she found herself eye level with his neck. She looked up at him.

“Oh, hey there.” She waved at him cutely. He gently cupped her face in his hands, causing her eyes to go wide, but she made no attempt to move away.

“Uh, is something wrong?” Rheannon blinked at him. Satan bit his lip as his eyes travelled down to gaze upon her own lips.

“No, nothing is wrong. I just,” He sighed. “I’m after something…a little sweeter than the cupcakes.”

A few slow blinks, then Rheannon answered, “That would be me, wouldn’t it?”

Satan couldn’t help the laugh that erupted from his throat. “Yes, it would.” He trailed one hand down to her waist, latching onto it gently. “Would you like to continue where we left off?”

Rheannon leaned forward, her eyes fluttering closed. “Yes, please.” Her voice was low with longing, and it only made Satan more eager to kiss her.

Which he did. As he’d suspected, the lingering taste of cake batter was sweeter from her lips. Rheannon melted into his arms once again, and Satan was eager to touch her deeper and harder than last time, which she happily let him do.

The cupcakes could take as long as they needed. He already had the sweetest treat in the world right in front of him.

Notes:

Hoo boy 😳 I need to stop making these spicy, but I don't want to 😈

Next part will be out soon! 😊

Chapter 3

Notes:

https://youtu.be/j4mratpteks

⚠️ This chapter contains mild spoilers for the UR card 'The Mysterious Box' ⚠️

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

All days must come to an end.

While the celebrations were nice, the couple were happy that the waning day allowed them some time alone again.

Rheannon nuzzled into Satan’s neck as he bridal carried her to his room. Though the surprise celebration had been spoiled, the surprise  gift  they’d planned for him wasn’t. Rheannon was thankful that the box had been large enough to accommodate her. And though she knew what would happen, she was still surprised to find herself in a small, cramped space out of nowhere.

The joy on his face, however, had been worth all of it.

The door swung open, and Rheannon continued nuzzling Satan up until he placed her down on his bed. He performed it with such reverence that she almost cried, and with such ease that for once in her life, she felt light as air.

While she was sad to be parted with him, his stride towards the door told her he would not be long. Indeed, as soon as the door was closed—and locked, as the faint click told her—he was back in front of her in no time. She’d adjusted herself to sit up, her legs off the edge of the mattress.

“I haven’t had a chance to give this to you yet…” Rheannon handed him a sky blue envelope, small enough to fit in the palm of his hand. “Sorry, it’s a bit on the small side. It's the only size that would fit in these tiny ass pant pockets. Seriously, why are women’s pockets so small?” She grumbled, to which Satan laughed.

“I’d be honoured to receive this from you either way.” Satan tore the envelope open to reveal a tiny card with two cartoon cats on the front cover, forming a heart shape with their tails. Rheannon rubbed the back of her neck bashfully. “I made it myself, envelope and all.”

“Did you now?” Satan gaped at her. “Then, I’m not throwing this away.” He made a show of clutching the envelope to his chest, causing Rheannon to giggle.

“Just read what’s inside.”

“Of course…” He opened the small card, which had a chibi drawing of her kissing him on the cheek on one side, and a message on the other.

“‘To my beloved, Satan. I’m so happy to be spending your birthday with you…’” As Satan continued to read the card, Rheannon moved to sit with her back resting against the pillows, slipping her boots off first and also removing her jacket. She hung the garment on the headboard, then made herself comfortable while she waited for him to finish. 

When he finally lifted his eyes to her, she smiled. “Just a little something to remind you.”

Satan blinked, and Rheannon could swear she saw a tear in his eye, though it was gone as soon as he blinked again. She could see a deep blush on his cheeks for sure, though, which he made no attempt to hide.

“Rheannon…” Satan began, but couldn’t seem to find any words. Rheannon smiled warmly at him, then her smile quickly turned mischievous.

“As much as I’d love to give you an even more… personal  birthday present,” Rheannon teasingly lifted the hem of her shirt, until the waistband of her pants was exposed and a sliver of her soft tummy peeked through the gap. “I’m afraid I’m just a bit too tired.” She let the fabric drop so fast it was as though it had never been lifted in the first place. 

Satan chuckled. “Don’t worry, there’s always another day for that.” He then crawled on top of her, caging her body to the bed with his own and causing a blush to dust her own cheeks. “Besides, getting to spend time with you is more than enough for me.”

Rheannon cupped his face gently with one hand, and tilted her head to meet him when Satan started to lean down. The gap between them closed, like so many times before. She could sense one of his hands searching for hers, and she happily laced the fingers of her free hand with his. The kiss deepened, tongues dancing in sync and pleasured noises exchanged between them, but he made no move to touch her in the salacious ways he had in the kitchen earlier that day.

Slowly, he moved off of her to lie on his side, and she moved with him. Their lips never once parted during it all. When they finally did break away for her to breathe, Satan grazed the pad of his thumb over her lips, and let out a sigh at the small kiss Rheannon planted to it before smiling.

“Rheannon, darling, you are something else.”

Unable to form any words in response, Rheannon simply nuzzled into his chest. She had a feeling Satan was smiling as he rested his head atop hers, gently patting her head with one hand while the other still clasped hers. She squeezed him gently, his gentle touches now working flawlessly in putting her to sleep unlike the eve of his big day.

Before sleep could take her completely, however, she whispered to him one last time, “Happy birthday, Satan my dear…”

A kiss to her forehead was the last thing Rheannon managed to feel before the haze of sleep fell over her senses.

Notes:

It seems I'm unfashionably late 😅
But I do hope this series was as fun for y'all as it was for me 😊

Also this chapter contains elements of last year's birthday UR because I actually managed to get it! ...for the "measly" price of 30 dollars 😅 After failing to get Satan's Tears UR earlier this year, I've sworn off paying money in games for a while 💀

As always, thank you for all the support on my work, and Happy (extremely belated 💀) Birthday to our nerdy catboy! 💚

Series this work belongs to: