Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-10-04
Completed:
2021-12-11
Words:
70,841
Chapters:
40/40
Comments:
242
Kudos:
96
Bookmarks:
25
Hits:
3,601

Quest for Survival: An Avenger's Story

Summary:

Jedi Knight Stephen Strange and Maribel, a Jedi youngling, survived the slaughter from Order 66. Now with a planet of refuge in his mind, he must find a way to get himself and the youngling there if he wants to ensure their survival in a world where Jedi are hunted.

Notes:

Hello Marvel and Star Wars fandom! So this took two years but finally it is completed and ready to be shared. This was inspired by the show Mandalorian and just my love for both fandoms.

Since this is a crossover story, I wanted the title to sort reflect both Star Wars and Avenger style titling.

Do heed the tags! There are scenes described that can be brutal and possibly disturbing. There may be more tags added as a post more chapters.

This story is complete! I will be posting chapters on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday

Lastly I would like to thank Cinelitchick for being a big supporter/cheerleader and sounding board for me during my creation of this story. All edits are done by me so I apologize for any mistakes.

Okay. I think that is all for now...hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 1

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Quest for Survival: An Avenger’s Story

Order 66 has been given! All over the galaxy, Jedi are being slaughtered.

After an attack on Dantooine, Jedi knight Stephen Strange barely manages to escape with the only surviving youngling of the clan he and his apprentice were teaching.

With just a voice whispering about a place of refuge, Stephen Strange, with youngling Maribel Poridge in tow, must now travel through the galaxy to find a way there.  

A galaxy where Jedi are the enemy and therefore constantly hunted, making their quest for survival only just begun.

 

“Bogano…go to Bogano. You must go…"

 The words echoed in Jedi knight Stephen Strange’s mind before he was jolted awake by the carrier he was able to smuggle himself and the Jedi youngling on. “Bogano…what is on Bogano?” He thought feeling something within him welcome the new information.

 The voice that spoke sounded familiar, something he felt like he heard when he was younger. He lifted his hood back some and looked down seeing the five year old still asleep in his arms, wrapped up in his cloak. He brushed back her straw blond shoulder length hair, as she snuggled closer to him, gripping his tunic tight. He shifted against the crates he was hidden among thinking about how the hell he went from a proud Jedi knight to a fugitive trying to keep a little one alive.

 He and his current padawan, Wanda Maximoff, had taken the Dragonfly clan to Dantooine for some training when the order came through. Strange closed his eyes remembering the screams of the children as clone troopers and other military personnel gunned them down. He remembered Wanda yelling at him to take whomever he could and flee, that she would hold them off. Unfortunately, the only one he was able to grab was the child currently clinging to him. Maribel Poridge. 

 Together they had fled as Strange looked back seeing his friend and fellow Jedi gunned down then brutally executed. Strange opened his eyes hearing a whimpering sound and looked down seeing a pair of bright green eyes looking up at him.

 "Master Strange...where are we?" Maribel asked softly as Strange sighed.

 "Somewhere far away from Dantooine sweetheart." He didn't know where this ship was heading per se, but was grateful the pilot eagerly agreed to get them off the planet. The pilot, an older Twi'lek gentleman by the name of Tr’loket, shared that a Jedi had saved his life and the life of his children therefore he was honored to repay the debt. 

 He felt the ship shake again when the door to the cargo hold opened. "Jedi we are about to land.”

 Strange looked at him and nodded. “What planet are we landing on?”

 “Batuu. This is my stop. You should be safe here for now while you look for another form of transportation..”

 Strange nodded and setting Maribel down stood up stretching. Maribel grabbed his hand in both of hers looking at the Twi’lek. “Master Strange…are we safe?”

 “We will be.” He knelt down and adjusted Maribel’s cloak so that it hid her Jedi clothes. “You can’t call me that anymore Maribel. From now on you call me Stephen.”

 Maribel opened her mouth saying “Stephen…” Strange nodded when she shook her head. “No, I don’t like.”

 “Maribel…you have to…”

 “Daddy.” Maribel said defiantly throwing her arms around his neck. “I’ll call you daddy. Since you protected me.” Strange sighed and held her.

 “It may make the best cover for you, father and daughter traveling together. I would recommend changing clothes too.” The Twi’lek suggested as Strange nodded.

 “Yes that is a good idea…I will uh…work on that.” Strange said wondering how he would. When he fled with Maribel, they literally fled with just the clothes on their back, cloaks, his lightsaber, and Maribel’s training one. He easily picked Maribel up, holding her against his hip and feeling her small arms wrap around his neck. “Thank you sir for helping us back there. I don’t know how I will ever repay you.”

 “Live and take care of her. I am sorry it has come to this. Please take this.” The Twi’lek said handing Strange a satchel of credits.

 “I couldn’t…you’ve done so much already…placed yourself at risk…”

 “Please use it to buy her and you some clothes…maybe some food.” The Twi’lek said as Strange took the satchel.

 “I…thank you again.”

 “You’re welcome Jedi. Safe travels wherever they may take you.” He walked back to the cockpit as Strange followed him watching the ship descend onto the grayish red planet.

Notes:

Hope you all enjoyed the first chapter. I know it was kind of short but the next one will be longer with some more action.

If you wish and know that it is highly appreciated and loved, please like and comment!!!

Thank you for reading and hope you all stick it out with me. ^_^

Chapter Text

When they landed, the boarding door opened and ramp extended into a busy port. Strange shifted Maribel against his hip as she looked around eyes wide. She clung to Strange tight saying “So many people…”

“I know, but we’ll be okay. Just keep your cloak closed.” Strange kept his hood down figuring it would be more out of place with a grown man having it up than a child. They walked through the busy port when they reached a cantina and several different vendors. Strange knew he had only 50 credits so he would have to be smart about using them.

As they were waiting to land, Strange had mentally gone over what all he and Maribel would need immediately. His list consisted of new clothes, some food, and possibly a new weapon for defense. But if needed, he would use his lightsaber and the Force without any hesitation.

As he walked past the vendors, he felt Maribel start squirming. He set her down holding her hand as they continued walking. Maribel tugged on his hand pointing to a vendor that had different cooking pots with good smelling food.

“Hungry daddy…” Maribel said softly looking up at him. He sighed but nodded and walked over to the vendor.

“Hello stranger!” the Bothan salesman greeted him with a smile. “The best Porg stew this side of the galaxy.”

“Porg? How do you get that?” Strange asked knowing that their planet was way far away from there.

“This is a port! How else.” The Bothan laughed grabbing two bowls. “Two bowls then? One for you and the little one?”

“Yes please. How much?”

“10 credits for both.” The Bothan said scooping the creamy liquid into the bowls. Strange sighed but nodded and handed over the credits. He took the bowls as Maribel bounced excitedly beside him.

They found a place to sit near the Bothan vendor as Strange handed Maribel her bowl of soup and a spoon. Maribel eagerly started eating. “Slow down little one.” Strange commented with a chuckle as he started eating his own soup.

He looked around the trading post seeing all the different vendors and individuals bartering or selling different goods. One good thing he knew about Batuu was that it was far enough out of reach from the Empire, for now at least, so he and Maribel should be safe. He looked down at her seeing her looking up at him. “How is it?”

“Yummy. Thank you. I was hungry.” She said eating another spoonful as Strange nodded.

“I know you were. It had been a while since we both had eaten.”

“What is going to happen to us? Are we going to die?” Maribel asked stirring her stew as Strange set his spoon down.

“No. I will not allow it. I will figure it out. I will protect you Maribel.”

“Am I still a Jedi? A future Jedi?” Maribel asked softly as Strange instantly looked around.

“We do not speak of those words Maribel. Never again…especially in public.”

“Oh…will I be magical then?”

Strange just laughed then said “You will always be…magical. It is a part of you that will never be taken away. Just like I will. But we must be careful with it. We can’t use it. Not anymore.”

“Why? I thought it was a part of me?” Maribel asked looking up at Strange confused.

“Because it isn’t safe. People out there if they know…they will come after you.”

“Like back there? Like what happened to the others?” Maribel asked looking down.

Strange sighed and nodded. “Yes. Like what happened back there. Our kind Mari…must remain secret. At least for now. You must keep what you have in you a secret.”

“Yes daddy.” Maribel whispered as Strange felt his heart break. He hated seeing this once vibrant young girl whose eyes glistened with awe and face light up with glee the first time she used her abilities. Both him and Wanda knew she was different than the other younglings. She had something in her, something powerful. Something that could possibly rival some of the great Jedi masters that sat on the counsel.

Strange stroked back her hair and said “Finish your stew. We’ll see if we can find some new clothes to wear.” Maribel nodded as they ate their food in silence.

When done with their bowls, they returned them to the vendor, and then walked on. Strange held Maribel’s hand tight as they walked further into the mess of vendors. Strange looked around when he saw what looked like two females, one a Twi’lek and the other a Togruta, selling clothing and jewelry.

He picked Maribel up and walked over looking at the different items. “Hello handsome. How can we help you today?” The purple skinned Twi’lek said as she flitted over.

“Well I am trying to find clothing for my daughter and I…maybe you can help us with that?” Strange asked looking at the different clothing options.

“We most certainly can. Now then what are we looking for?” The Twi’lek asked as Maribel looked at Strange.

“Something different than what we have on…help us blend in so to speak.” Strange said cautiously as the Togruta walked over.

“Say no more. Come.”

They followed her behind some screens as she looked at them. “You definitely need something less Jedi looking.” Strange instantly tensed as she shook her head. “At ease, you are safe here. We will help you. Stay here.” She left as Strange stood there then put Maribel down.

“Why are there people still helping us? I thought we were bad?” Maribel asked looking up as Strange knelt down.

“There are still good people in the world Maribel. Not everyone follows what the emperor says. People’s experiences speak louder than someone’s words. Jedi have been helping those across the galaxy far longer and more often than the Empire. Remember Maribel, actions always speak louder than words.”

Maribel nodded when the Twi’lek came in carrying different clothing. “You are in luck. We have some nice men and young girl clothing. For you sir, a simple blue shirt, red vest, and black pants. For you sweetheart a simple purple dress.” She handed them the clothing as Strange nodded.

“Thank you. How much do we owe you? I only have 40 credits left.” Strange said knowing that they still needed to possibly buy some form of protection that wasn’t their lightsabers.

“5 credits will do.” The Twi’lek said with a smile as Strange nodded and handed them over. “Thank you darling. When you are done leave your Jedi clothing here.”

“Can I keep my cloak daddy?” Maribel asked taking off her white cloak and looking at it.

Strange sighed and knew that it was probably not a good an idea but then she had lost everything else. “Very well. But that is all.” Strange said removing his own cloak and setting it aside.

When they were changed, Strange held Maribel’s hand and returned to the front of the stall. “Perfect. Here free of charge.” The Togruta said handing Strange a bag. “To uh put your sword in.”

Strange nodded and subtly putting his and Maribel’s lightsaber in the messenger back along with the rest of the credits. “Thank you. You wouldn’t happen to know a good arms dealer would you?”

“You want to visit that Devorithan over there, Brak is his name. He’ll give you what you need and a good price.” The Twi’lek said with a nod in the direction they should go. Strange nodded and picked Maribel up as they moved further into the crowded port city. Strange found the stall with Brak, not able to miss the red skinned man with black horns.

Strange walked over and set Maribel down feeling her grab the hem of his shirt. He looked over the weapons seeing it ranged from blasters to vibro blades to vibro whips.

“I’m telling you, it’s true. Jedi still live! In fact I bet there are some right here on this planet.”

“Nah there can’t be. I heard that Order 66 was very effective. Have you seen the videos? The holograms of the Jedi Temple Massacre? I highly doubt any are alive and if so they won’t be much longer.”

“You know how it’s hard to kill womp rats when they all scatter.?You kill the nest but the stragglers remain. That’s what happened here. Apparently there is a fine bounty if you turn over a Jedi to the Empire…higher if you turn them over alive.”

“How much we talking? How does one find one of these fleeing Jedi.”

“Up to 30 credits I hear possibly more considering the Jedi. How to find them can be tricky…”

Strange instantly turned his attention to the two young humans talking while cleaning their weapons. Strange a moved a little closer motioning for Maribel to stay where she was. Maribel did so watching her master slowly move to the two males.

“How sure are you about this?”

“Pretty sure! I heard it from a friend who was told by his wife who found out through a colleague who learned it from a customer who…”

“Alright, alright, I get it. Do you always have to have such long winded explanations?”

“Well you…”

“Hey what are you looking at scum?” the older of the two said standing and approaching Strange.

“Sorry I just couldn’t help overhear…”

“So you were eavesdropping then. Not a very smart move. You could have heard something you weren’t suppose to hear.”

“If that was the case then it was stupid of you to talk about something like that in public.” Strange shot back as both men drew their guns.

“Oh so going to get smart with us huh.” The younger of the two said pointing his blaster at Strange.

Maribel saw this and looking around focused her attention and energy on a nearby stand. She closed her eyes and tilted her head some, as the stand fell over onto the two men causing all chaos to break loose.

Chapter Text

Strange stepped back and turning saw Maribel standing there, eyes close, a purple aura shining from her. Fortunately it was something only other force sensitive individuals could see, but still what she was doing was dangerous. Rushing over, he picked up Maribel saying “Stop it.” Strange heard screaming and turning saw several stands nearby start lifting up in the air then spinning around as the items on the stands went everywhere.

“Maribel stop!” Strange whispered harshly into Maribel’s ear when she gasped opening her eyes. The stands and wares fell to the ground with a clatter as people just looked around in shock. People suddenly rushed over to help the injured or take some of the goods, as others muttered about what just happened. Strange quickly left with Maribel in his arms as she watched the scene with a smile.

When they were far enough away from the chaos, Strange ducked into a nearby alcove and set Maribel down. “What were you thinking!” he growled kneeling down as Maribel looked at him.

“I was protecting you. Did you see what I did? I did it with no hand motion! Just my mind and a head tilt.”

“I know but what you did was dangerous. Not only could you have hurt people, but you could have given us away. We are still wanted people Maribel.” Strange said as Maribel crossed her arms over her chest pouting.

“Maribel listen. I know this hard especially since all your life you’ve heard us telling you to harness you power and don’t fear it…don’t hide it. But now…things have changed. You have to hide it. You can’t use it anymore…not like that.”

“It’s not fair!” Maribel cried wiping away tears. “Everything I know is now bad. I am not bad! You said so yourself. But now I feel confused. Am I bad? Am I good? What am I? I just want to know.”

Strange sighed and hugged Maribel tight. “I know this is really confusing dear…what you are is a special girl. You are good, there is nothing bad about you. One day…what makes you special will be viewed as good again. But until then you are just Maribel…a sweet 5 year old traveling with her old man for a better life. We are going to go to Bogano.”

“What’s there daddy? Why are we going there?”

“I heard a voice speak that name. It feels right…it feels…it’s hard to explain but I think we’ll be safe there.”

“If we aren’t?”

“Then we are no better off than we were.” Strange said kissing her head as she nodded.

“I’m just scared.”

“Me too but I promise I won’t let anything happen to you. Not while I am still breathing.”

“Same to you daddy.” Maribel said with a smile looking a Strange. Strange smiled and chuckled kissing her forehead.

“I am so lucky to have you. Now come on. Let’s go see if we can get some sort of weapons.”

“Here.” Maribel said pulling a vibro blade from her belt.

“Mari…”

“I took it from the guy that was threatening you. Not from the man selling them.” Maribel said as Strange took the weapon.

“Never again.” Maribel nodded as Strange clipped the weapon to his belt. They left the alcove heading back to the hangar part of the city, when suddenly he felt a tugging on his hand. He looked down and saw Maribel motioning to a stall that held various creatures.

“Maribel you know…” when she took off and ran to the stand. Strange quickly followed her hearing her squeal and picked up the pace. “Maribel! Don’t you…” he stopped seeing her on her knees as she cuddled a Nexu kit. Maribel giggled as the kit purred and nuzzled her.

“Isn’t it cute?” Maribel asked as Strange walked over and knelt down.

“It is. But you can’t run off like that. Now come on let’s go.”

“Can we take her with us?” Maribel asked as Strange shook his head.

“You know we can’t Maribel. We have to travel light. We can’t care for her.” Strange said as Maribel looked down into the four big green eyes.

“But she loves me and I love her.”

“Maribel she grows up. We can’t afford her. What would we feed her?”

“Nexus can actually go several weeks without food.” Came a voice as they looked up seeing the same Bothan that served them the soup.

“Wait…you were the soup vendor…”

“Yes. Your little girl is currently snuggling my next soup recipe.” The Bothan said simply as Strange just stared at him.

“You do know that Nexus are endangered. They aren’t suppose to be caught or used as food.”

“What are you going to do? Turn me in? No law here sir. Now little one you need to let her go. I have to prepare her.”

“No!” Maribel shouted as the Bothan growled.

“Tell your daughter to let my food go.”

“You won’t have her! You won’t hurt her!” Maribel cried as Strange saw her start to glow again. He saw the chain around the Nexu’s neck snap then instantly shoot out wrapping around the Bothan’s neck instead. The Bothan cried out and clawed at the chain as it tightened around his neck. Maribel stood up holding the Nexu kit and said “You will no longer harm her or other animals! See how you like being chained.”

“Maribel!” Strange shouted as Maribel turned to him and stopped glowing. The Bothan fell to his knees gasping and coughing as the chain clattered to the ground.

“I’m sorry daddy…” Maribel whispered as people started looking at them and whispering. He looked around then heard the word ‘Jedi’ uttered many times as the on lookers looked at them.

“Shit.” Strange whispered as he grabbed Maribel’s hand and pulled her away. She followed, Nexu kit in her other arm, purring happily.

“We need to go. We have overstayed our welcome.” Strange said turning around. He grabbed the kit and put it in the bag, then picked up Maribel and started running towards the hangar.

“What are we going to do?”

“Try to find the first ship out of here. Don’t care where. Just off this planet.” Strange said pulling the hood over Maribel’s head.

He looked at the different ships and saw a cargo ship. He rushed over and saw a grizzly older man shouting at some pit droids.

“Excuse me sir!” Strange called as the man turned. “Where are you going?”

“Why? That is none of your business.”

“Please I will give you 35 credits if you take us with you. It is all I have.” Strange said as the man looked at him.

“What’s that in your arms?”

“My daughter.”

“35 credits and some alone time with her, you got a deal.” The man said with a grin as Strange just looked at him appalled.

“I’ll take you off of here for 35 credits and your daughter gets to stay with you.” A lightly accented voice said as Strange turned seeing a red haired woman walk over. “Where are you going?”

“Anywhere that isn’t here.” Strange said as the woman nodded.

“I am heading to Corellia. Come on.” She said holding out her hand as Strange gave her the rest of the money. “Perfect. My ship is this way. I am Natasha by the way. You can call me Nat.”

“Stephen. This is Maribel.” Strange said as he followed the well toned woman, clad in a black body suit, to her ship. They boarded as she nodded to a little booth by a window.

“Please make yourself comfortable. We should be arriving at Corellia in about a few hours.”

Strange sat down with Maribel next to him who instantly took out the Nexu kit from Strange’s bag. “Thank you Nat.”

Natasha nodded and walked to the cockpit smiling. “No thank you.” She said softly with a smirk as she reviewed the bounty notice for any Jedi caught.

Natasha sat in her chair making sure the coordinates were correct when her comm buzzed. She pressed a button as a blurry image appeared.

“I take it you have a Jedi?”

“I have two. Man and child…found them on Batuu. We are heading to Corellia.” Natasha reported to the figure.

“Perfect. We will have someone waiting for you.”

“How will I know who I need to report too?”

“You’ll know. It’ll be a woman. Just get there. Are they aware?”

“No. They just think they are lucky that they got a ship. Caused quite a disturbance.”

“Hmm not surprised…younglings can be…unpredictable. Their powers are still growing.”

“Yeah well this one seems to have some intense powers. I saw what she did…”

“Good. Any source of life force she has will be useful. Good job Black Widow. I know Grand Moff Thanos could count on you.”

“I just want the money that was promised.”

“You’ll get it as soon as we get the Jedi.”

After the image disappeared and she shut done the comm, she activated the star chart and typing in the coordinates, put the ship into hyperdrive. When she came out of hyperdrive, she again looked at the star chart seeing that she was less than 10 minutes away. Nodding, she stood up and left the cockpit.

Chapter 4

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 She saw the male, Stephen was his name, meditating as the youngling, Maribel, stroked the Nexu kit that was curled up on her lap. “Pretty cute. What’s it name?”

 “Her name is Razor.”

 “Vicious. I like it. So Maribel how old are you?”

 Maribel looked at Natasha with uncertainty as Natasha chuckled. “Smart girl. Should be careful who you trust. Here.” She handed Maribel a sweet cake as Maribel looked between that and Natasha with the same uncertain look. “I promise it is safe. I have no interest in ferrying dead passengers…especially children.”

 Maribel nodded and took it saying “Thank you. Thank you for helping me and my daddy.”

 “Your daddy huh? Where is your mom?” Natasha asked sitting across from Maribel and leaned back against the seat. 

 “Dead. Same with my siblings. All dead.” Maribel said simply breaking the sweet cake in half and giving some of it to Razor.

 “I’m sorry to hear that.”

 “Daddy took me and fled…my mom gave her life to save me…to save us…I miss her and my siblings.” Maribel said softly as Natasha nodded.

 “I know what that is like. I lost my parents at a young age and was put in a group home on Coruscant. The other children there were like my siblings.”

 “Did you get a new mommy and daddy?”

 “No. I got too old to stay there so I left. Got a job.”

 “What do you do?”

 “Transport cargo for those who want their cargo protected more closely.” Natasha said as Maribel nodded eating her sweet cake. “So uh you created quite a stir back there.”

 “Yeah, I don’t have the best people skills.”

 “I don’t know you seem fine to me. Perhaps it’s something else?”

 Maribel looked at her confused when a voice said “That is enough questioning.” Both Natasha and Maribel looked up seeing Strange standing there.

 “Sorry just trying to get to know my passengers. Make sure I am not ferrying a child smuggler.”

 “I assure you, she is my daughter.” Strange said as Natasha stood up.

 “I know. She’s very nice. Sweet.”

 Strange smiled and said “She is…I am lucky to have her.”

 Natasha saw the love and care Strange had for Maribel as the youngling looked up and smiled at Strange.

 Natasha cleared her throat and said “We should be arriving in an hour.”

 “Can I come up to the cockpit with you? I’ve never seen one.” Maribel suddenly asked as Natasha looked at her then at Strange.

 “Maribel I am sure you will be a distraction to our pilot. Why not…”

 “No it’s fine. Come on I’ll show you around and maybe let you land us.” Natasha said with a wink as Maribel cheered. Maribel handed Razor to Strange who took the kit.

 “If she gets to bothersome let me know.”

 “Don’t worry I am sure she’ll be fine.” Natasha said leading her to the cockpit.

 “Wow. So many buttons. How do you know what to do?”

 “You learn. Like with any skill. Do you have any skills?”

 “Well I am pretty good with identifying herbs and animals…my mommy said that I could possibly become a healer.”

 “That’s impressive for a little 3 year old.”

 “I am 5!” Maribel said indignantly as Natasha laughed and held up her hands.

 “Sorry my bad. Wow 5 years old.”

 “How old were you when you learned to fly?”

 “16. Started with speeders then worked my way up. Taught myself mostly…had a few teachers here and there but no one close. Well there was one friend I worked close with but we separated a while back...”

 “That sounds lonely. I don’t know what I would do without my daddy. He has done so much to protect me…lost so much. He watched mommy die…along with my siblings. He made sure I didn’t see it…I heard it though…I heard their screams…why did they kill them? Why do people kill? Don’t they know that they may have families?” Maribel asked softly looking at Natasha who just looked at the little girl seeking answers.

 “Who killed them?” Natasha asked even though she knew it was probably the now soldiers of the Empire, the clone troopers. Natasha pretty much knew that Maribel was talking about her fellow younglings and probably another Jedi master that worked with the male.

 “I don’t even know. They were in white armor and they came out of nowhere…it all happened so quickly. One minute I was playing with my siblings…the next I was in my daddy’s arms fleeing.” Maribel said softly looking down as Natasha couldn’t help but feel for this child.

 “No bad Natasha! You have a mission to do. Don’t let this little sob story deter you from that money.” An internal voice said as Natasha sighed.

 She looked up and saw Strange standing there by the door, eyes full of sadness and regret. Meeting his gaze she knew instantly it wasn’t for him but for Maribel, for what she had to endure at such a young age. There was suddenly a beeping sound as Natasha looked at the screen seeing that they were approaching the planet. “Listen dear I need you to watch this screen. Holler for me when it turns blue. Can you do that?”

 “Yes! You can count on me!”

 “Good I need to talk with your daddy for a minute.” Natasha said as she got up and grabbed Strange’s arm pulling him further into the ship.

 “Stephen listen to me. I shouldn’t be doing this but like hell I am turning over a child.”

 “What are you talking about?”

 “I was hired to find and turn in Jedi. My name is Black Widow.”

Notes:

I know this chapter was a little short but don't worry tomorrow's chapter will be longer and have the stories very first lightsaber duel!

Chapter Text

 Black Widow.

 Strange knew that name. Black Widow was a notoriously famous assassin/bounty hunter and feared by many. He forced pushed her back against a wall and drew his lightsaber, the dark orange glow lighting up the room and Natasha’s face from where it rested near her neck.

 “Listen to me! If you want to get out of this alive, you will need to trust me.”

 “Trust you! Look what trusting you got us into!” Strange growled keeping Natasha against the ship wall, lightsaber pointed at her neck.

 “I know. But please this time I mean to help you. If you don’t listen to me you and your padawan are in danger.” Natasha said as Strange growled but let her go. He turned off his lightsaber and put it back in his bag.

 “All right what is your plan. How do you plan on getting myself and Maribel onto Correlia safely.” Strange asked as Natasha ran a hand through her hair.

 “When we land I want you and Maribel to escape out the back way. I’ll show you. Then get out of hangar and go deep into Corellia. I will let the people know that you escaped…that you got the best of me. I underestimated the Jedi.”

 “The light is blue!” Maribel shouted from the cockpit as Natasha nodded to Strange and left.

 Strange stood there as Razor poked her head out from the bag, looking up at him with a soft growl. Strange petted the Nexu’s head and walked to the cockpit. He saw the reddish black planet appearing as Natasha sent request to land.

 Five minutes later they landed as Natasha stood up. She turned to Strange and said “Come on.” Strange picked up Maribel who let out a confused sound as he followed Natasha to the back of the ship. Natasha opened a secret escape panel and said “Go! Get out of the hangar as soon as you can.”

 “What is going on?” Maribel asked as Natasha stroked her cheek.

 “You are going to live a new life. Take care little one. Look after each other.” Natasha said softly as Strange nodded.

 “Thank you.” He left the ship and raced to a stack of crates for cover.

 “What’s going on?”

 “Okay Maribel I need you to listen to me. No matter what happens we keep going.”

 “Where’s Razor?” Maribel asked looking around as Strange peered from behind one of the crates seeing Natasha leave her ship.

 “She’s in my bag. Don’t worry, she’s safe for now.” Strange said when he saw three individuals approach Natasha. One was a woman and the other two were males. Strange could not identify what species the males were, probably hybrids by the looks of it, but the woman was definitely humanoid.

 He saw Natasha talk with them as the woman seemed to be very irate. Strange picked Maribel up and covered her head with her hood. He dashed into the crowd then walked normally towards the exit.

 They almost made when a voice said “There! He is escaping!” Strange turned and saw the woman and the thinner humanoid individual turn to him.

 He froze realizing that he was indeed in the presence of two Sith Lords. “Shit.” He muttered as the two raced towards him. He saw them draw their lightsabers and knew a fight like that could be dangerous in this crowded setting.

 Strange ran out of the hangar and looked around trying to figure out where to go. He took off down a street, dodging people and trying to find a place to hide. He turned down a side street when he skidded to a stop.

 “Going somewhere Jedi?” The woman asked stalking forward as the man flanked her. Strange backed up keeping Maribel close eyeing them.

 “You are wanted. So why not just accept your fate and come with us.” The male said as they both ignited their lightsabers.

 “Never! I escaped you all once! I can do it again!” Strange growled slamming his hand to the ground, sending the Force into it. The ground shook and splintered knocking the Sith down, as he jumped up onto the roof of a nearby building.

 He ran across the roofs using the Force to lengthen his jumps when he jumped down into another alleyway. Maribel clung to him tight whimpering as he kissed her head. “I will get us out of here.” He peered out onto the street looking around when suddenly he was force pushed into a nearby garbage can.

 He hit it with a grunt as Maribel rolled from his arms crying out and Razor spilling from the bag with a trill. The male Sith Lord walked over and said “Found you. You think you can run from us Jedi? No. You are ours.” He grabbed Strange by the throat and threw him down the alley. Strange collided with a stack of boxes grunting in pain as they splintered and cut him.

 “Master!” Maribel screamed as Strange got up and saw Razor standing in front of Maribel growling at the woman, small tail held high and the spikes on her back erect.

 Strange called his lightsaber to him and leapt out of the boxes swinging it down onto the male.

 Their sabers clashed against each other as they fought down the alleyway. Strange jumped back and using the Force sent several broken box pieces at the male. The male screamed as the woman turned. “Ebony Maw!”

 Strange raced forward, swinging his sword as she growled and met him halfway. Maribel watched as the orange and red blade clashed seeing the one named Ebony Maw start getting up.

 She watched him call his lightsaber and race forward joining the fight. She watched her master fight both Sith Lords when she saw him get sliced on his leg and forced pushed by both at the same time into the brick wall.

 Strange crumpled to the ground, coughing and groaning in pain, as the two Sith approached him. “A pretty good fight but I did expect more from you Jedi.” Strange started to get up when the woman kicked him in the stomach. He cried out in pain and rolled onto his side when Ebony Maw slammed his foot down on Strange’s lightsaber wound.

 Strange screamed in pain as Maribel clenched her fists. “Leave my master alone!” She shouted as the two turned to her.

 “Look at this Proxima, little youngling thinks she can take on two Sith. What a silly little womprat.” Ebony Maw said as the two started towards her.

 “No stop! It’s me you want. Leave her out of this.” Strange cried out seeing them closing in on her.

 “Oh shut up.” Proxima Midnight growled sending out a blast of black lightening at Strange who groaned in pain.

 “STOP HURTING MY DADDY!” Maribel screamed when suddenly she started glowing dark purple.

 “What the…” Ebony Maw said backing up as Proxima Midnight followed.

 “This power…”

 Maribel slammed one of her hands onto the ground, thrusting the other one out in front of her, sending the two flying. Barrels, garbage canisters, and other debris started flying around the alley hitting the two.

 Strange saw a crowd start to gather and cursed. He got up and limped to Maribel saying “ENOUGH!”

 The power stopped as Maribel fell backwards. She looked up at Strange with wide eyes saying “Master…I…”

 Strange just took her in his arms seeing the two Sith Lords slowly get up as a larger crowd began to gather. “This isn’t over Jedi! We will be back and we will get what we want! Moff Thanos will be most pleased to learn of this development.” With that the two disappeared.

 Strange heard sirens and the familiar sound of clone troopers marching getting nearer. “We need to go.” He said calling his bag and lightsaber with the Force as Razor jumped back into the bag.

 “You’re hurt…” Maribel said as Strange stood up.

 “We’ll deal with it later. Come on darling we need to get out of here.” Strange said fighting the pain and limping further down the alleyway. Maribel ran after him looking back seeing people scattering exclaiming about the Empire coming.

 Maribel ran past Strange and looking around said “Come on master. This way.” She took Strange’s hand and led him behind a building. “Cut it! We can hide in there.”

 Strange took out his lightsaber and cut the lock as Maribel helped him into the building. It was dimly lit as they made their way through it when Strange found several crates that formed a little corner. He limped over and plopped down breathing heavily. Maribel raced over and said “Master! Who were they?”

 “Sith Lords Maribel. Those from the Dark Order to be specific. Remember in your teachings how people can use the Force for good or bad? Well those two use it for bad.”

 “Like me?” Maribel asked as Strange chuckled.

 “You use it for good. What you did back there…saved us. But we really need to get you to learn how to control it.” Strange said with a sigh wincing in pain.

 He looked down at his thigh seeing the singed fabric and deep cut. The other injuries were superficial but this one…this one could really impede on their journey.

 “Hang on master…I’ll try to heal it.” Maribel said as she rested her hands over the wound. She closed her eyes as purple light emitted from her hands and the skin started to heal. Strange watched fascinated at such skill and knew Wanda was right to recommend her for the Healers when she was old enough. With the wound mostly healed, Maribel smiled before collapsing against him.

 Strange took her in his arms, checking her pulse relieved to know it was just exhaustion that wiped her out. With a little meditation and quiet, he should be able to gain enough energy to heal the rest of his injuries and give him more strength.

 “Just rest child, you have done enough today.” Strange whispered pulling Maribel close as Razor emerged from the bag growling. Strange stroked Razor’s head and chuckled. “Can’t believe we took you with us. Welcome to the runaways Razor.”

 Razor purred and climbed onto Strange’s lap curling up. Strange kissed Maribel’s forehead pulling her cloak tighter around her, as she snuggled closer to his chest. Strange closed his eyes and letting out a breath, let himself fall into a deep meditation.

Chapter Text

 Strange awoke with a start hearing a door opened and someone entering. He tired to remain quiet when suddenly Maribel let out a soft sound in her sleep.

 “Is someone there?” A young sounding voice asked as Strange cursed softly. He reached for his lightsaber but decided that the vibroblade should be enough. Razor woke up and growled as Strange hushed her.

 “Hello? This is uh private property! You can’t be here. Mr. Stark said so.” The voice said getting closer. Suddenly the lights turned on as Strange winced at the brightness.

 “Hey you can’t…” When Strange instantly ignited the vibro blade.

 “Stay back! I don’t want to hurt you but I will.” Strange said knowing that he was truly in no condition to fight. He was still weak from the last one and Maribel was still recovering.

 “Whoa! Hey! Easy.” The voice said as Strange saw it belonged to a young man about 15 with shaggy brown hair, doe brown eyes, and a slim build.

 Strange lowered his weapon and turning it off said “Please don't turn us in…I am sorry we trespassed…but we were in a fight and we just needed somewhere safe to recover.”

 “Kid! What the hell is taking you so long? We have a schedule to keep. Those damn troopers are already messing up enough.” Another voice said as Strange tensed turning towards the voice.

 “It’s all right that is my mentor…Tony Stark. He won’t hurt you.”

 “Who are you talking to? You drunk again kid?” Tony asked walking over as Peter turned to him.

 “Uh no Mr. Stark…I was talking to…”

 “Who the hell are you!” Tony growled drawing his blaster pushing Peter behind him.

 Just as Tony drew his blaster, Strange drew his vibro blade. Strange stared at the medium size man, with styled thick brown hair, brown eyes, and a neatly trimmed goatee. He wore a black tank top and grey cargo pants, both covered in oil and grease.

 “Hey guys…come on let’s not fight.” Peter said walking forward. “Mr. Stark, he and the little one are just seeking shelter to heal. Apparently they were in a fight.”

 “A fight huh. That wouldn't happen to be the one one that caused all the mayhem and chaos in the streets would it?” Strange shrugged as Tony frowned. “They are looking for two Jedi…apparently two Jedi and two Sith decided to duke it out not far from here. Know anything about that?”

 “Can’t say I do.” Strange answered pulling Maribel closer to his chest as Razor let the spikes on her back go stiff and two pronged tail raise up.

 “Right. Cute pet. Didn’t think having Nexus was legal.”

 “We saved it from being eaten.” Strange said eyeing the blaster Tony still pointed at him.

 Maribel suddenly began to stir and said “Master…I don’t feel well…”

 Strange looked down seeing her sweating and chest heaving. Strange turned off his vibro blade and said “Mari…what’s wrong…”

 “I feel sick…I…” Maribel began shaking as Strange gently laid her on the ground.

 “Maribel it’s going to be okay hang on.” He looked up at the two and said “Please you have to help her. I don’t know what is wrong with her?”

 Tony holstered his blaster and walking over knelt down. “Where is she from?”

 “We came from Dantooine. But she was raised on Coruscant.”

 “She is probably suffering from Corellian Pox. It is common in children who have never set foot on this planet before. Something about the atmosphere or some shit like that. It only effects kids and the elderly that not from here.”

 “Can you save her?”

 “There is no need for saving, she just needs to rest and fight it off. She should be fine in a few days.” Tony said as Strange nodded. “And I am guessing you have no where to go right?” Tony looked at him as Strange nodded.

 “You guessed correctly. We just landed…”

 “Fine, I have an extra bedroom.” Tony said with a sigh scooping up Maribel as Peter helped Strange up.

 “What is your name by the way?” Tony asked leading the group to another door in the building.

 “Stephen. The child is Maribel and the Nexu is Razor.” Strange said as Tony nodded.

 “Nice to meet you. Hopefully your stay won’t cause too much trouble.” Tony said opening the door on the far side of the warehouse. “It isn’t much but it’s home.” Tony commented leading the two down a hallway as Strange looked around the small yet cozy home.

 The home was one story with a main room connected to a kitchen and a room what Strange guessed was a workshop/storage room on the other side. There was a long hallway that had three different doors.

 “Here we can set you guys up in here for the time being.” Tony said opening a door into a heavily cluttered bedroom with a full size bed. Tony walked in setting Maribel down on the bed. “Uh sorry about the mess…this room is mostly used for storage. Don’t get many visitors.” Tony said rubbing the back of his head as Peter helped Strange over to the bed.

 “It’s fine thank you.” Strange said with a smile as he removed Maribel’s cloak.

 “I’ll go get some bacta liquid and a wet cloth.” Peter said suddenly rushing off.

 “So uh she your daughter?”

 “He your son?” Strange countered looking at Tony cautiously.

 “Pretty much. More like apprentice.”

 “Same.” Strange said simply brushing back some of Maribel’s sweat drenched hair. Razor jumped up on the bed and licked her cheek as she moaned.

 Tony walked over and said “Hey she’ll be all right. All young new comers to this planet get it and survive.”

 “I know…it’s just she’s been through much…we both have.” Strange as Tony leaned against a nearby desk about to say something when Peter returned.

 “Here for her and your wounds. Oh Mr. Stark…there are troopers at the door.” Peter said slightly alarmed as Strange looked up.

 “Fuck…all right you two stay here.” Tony said leaving as Peter followed and closed the door.

 “What are we going to do Mr. Stark?”

 “We are going to see what they want and be cordial.” Tony explained as he opened the door seeing four clone trooper standing there.

 “Good afternoon troopers, what can I do for you on this fine day?”

Chapter Text

 “We are searching all the houses in the nearby area. There are two Jedi on the loose. They are a threat and must be taken into custody at once.” The lead trooper said as Tony nodded.

 “Well I can assure you there are none in here. Just me and the kid.” Tony said as Peter just waved from behind him.

 “Doesn’t matter we must make sure. Jedi are sneaky creatures. They can use their powers to control your mind and make you do your bidding. Now move aside by order of the great Emperor Palpatine.” The lead trooper said as Tony shrugged.

 “Fine knock yourself out.” Tony said stepping aside as the four entered.

 “You said it was just you and the kid here correct?”

 “Sir I am picking up two more heat signatures coming from one of the rooms.” Another trooper said as they turned to Tony.

 “Oh yeah sorry that’s my cousin and his daughter…they came to visit but the daughter is sick.” Tony said with a shrug when the leader looked at him.

 “Papers both of you.” He suddenly ordered as Tony nodded to Peter. Peter raced over to a drawer and pulled out two forms.

 A trooper took them and said “Checks out sir.”

 “Alright come on let’s check this place. You, Mr. Stark, will take me to your cousin and his daughter. I must check their papers.” The lead trooper said nodding to another to go with him.

 “Of course, but are you sure. I can vouch for them and he is very distraught over the health of his daughter.” Tony said leading them down the hallway.

 “Positive sir. Again we have had those who have given us all kind of excuses to harbor these criminals.”

 Tony opened the door revealing Strange lounging on the bed with Maribel cradled in his arms. He looked up seeing the troopers then at Tony who gave a shrug.

 “Sir do you and your daughter have your papers?”

 “Sorry we do not. Our bags were stolen when we landed. Please we’ve been through a lot.” Strange said in an exhausted voice rubbing the cool cloth across Maribel’s face.

 “Daddy I don’t feel good.” She whimpered turning in his arms.

 “What is your name?”

 “Stephen Poridge, this is my daughter Maribel.” Strange said knowing that it would be less likely that Maribel’s name would be known than his.

 “When did you arrive here?” The trooper asked as Strange looked down.

 “Um maybe two days ago? I don’t know. Like I said my daughter and I have been through hell getting here. My wife died a week ago and we had to sell our house and everything for funeral costs.” Strange said in a sad voice kissing Maribel’s head.

 “Do you guys seriously have to question him? He’s been through enough. He’s my cousin you have my world.” Tony said walking over to Strange.

 “Sir his name does not appear in any registry. There was a Stephen Strange pinged for being a Jedi.” Both Tony and Strange kept their cool but did exchange looks.

 “All right get up. We need to search you.” The other trooper said walking over when Strange did a slight wave of his hand.

 “You made a mistake. My name is in there. You just spelled it wrong.” Strange said a soothing voice as the troopers both looked at him. “My daughter and I are perfectly legal and you have no further business here.”

 There was a pause when the trooper said “Sir my mistake he is in here. He checks out.”

 “Affirmative. We are moving out. Our business here is done.” The other trooper said leaving the room as Tony looked at Strange stunned then followed the troopers out.

 “It seems you were telling the truth Mr. Stark. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

 Tony just waved them away as Peter closed the door. “What happened Mr. Stark?” Peter asked when Tony took off towards the bedroom, Peter following.

 “You’re a fucking Jedi!?”

 “It appears so.” Strange said simply setting Maribel down on the bed as Razor jumped up and curled next to her.

Chapter Text

“You know that could have ended badly for all of us! You know what would have happened if your magic didn’t work?”

“First off it is not magic. It is the Force. Second, I am quite aware of the risk. But I was also certain it would work. Stormtroopers are the not the smartest beings.” Strange said standing up.

“Wow! You are a Jedi! That’s amazing! Wait…I thought all the Jedi were killed…” Peter said looking at Strange then at Maribel.

“Most were…a few like myself and Maribel escaped…my fellow Jedi sacrificed herself for our escape…” Strange said softly looking at Maribel.

Tony rubbed his forehead and said “I can’t believe this is happening…”

“Look just let Maribel recover and we will the be on our way. We have a destination that we are seeking.” Strange said as Peter looked between Strange and Tony.

“Maybe we could help you get there.” Peter suddenly said as the two men looked at him.

“Peter! No.” Tony said as Strange ran a hand through his hair.

“I couldn’t ask that of you.”

“Look you need a ship since you obviously stowed away to get here.”

“Well actually we had an assassination with a change of heart fly us here and…it’s a long story.” Strange said as Peter and Tony looked at him.

“Whoa…all the more reason! You aren’t safe out there Mr. Jedi.”

“Please call me Stephen.” Strange said looking at the young man.

“Okay Stephen...hmm that feels weird...I think I'll stick with Mr. Jedi." Peter said rubbing the back of his head as Strange just shrugged. "Anyways! We could fly you to wherever you need to go and make sure you get there safely. What do you say Mr. Stark.”

“No.” Tony said flatly walking out as Peter raced after him. Strange sighed and followed. “Absolutely not Peter! We are not helping a wanted man. If we get caught do you know what would happen?”

“Well he kept it from happening now! And plus you even said yourself you wanted to do more space travel. Here is the chance! And I’ve never seen space before so it’s a win win for everyone.”
Peter explained excitedly as Tony looked at him. “Please Mr. Stark…it’s the least we can do after he and his child were almost slaughtered.”

“She’s technically a youngling awaiting to be assigned a master. Though I guess I am her Jedi master for now.” Strange said looking back at the room.

“Peter even if we did agree to this there is nothing in it for us.”

“We would know that we helped two people find safety and we were able defy the damn empire. You said so yourself you wanted to do everything you could to stick it up their asses. What greater way than smuggling two Jedi off this planet and to another place. Letting two Jedi live! That’s the ultimate 'up yours' that we can do right now.” Peter said gripping Tony’s biceps as Tony looked at Peter then at Strange.

“Fine! You make a good argument kid. Alright Jedi where are you headed.”

“Bogano. I heard that it is possibly a Jedi sanctuary. It’s the only thing we have at the moment.”

“Who told you?”

“I heard about it on my way to Batuu by…look never mind how I learned of it, I know it may be nothing...but something inside of me tells me it is where I need to go.” Strange said as Tony nodded.

“Bogano fortunately is not that far. Though it is a heavily forested planet with little to no life. Odd place for a Jedi refuge.” Tony said opening his data pad and typing in a few things.

“Little to no life at the moment is what we need…we need somewhere safe to recover…nature helps us…we get a lot of our energy from it.” Strange explained walking over to look over Tony's shoulder and see what the screen displayed.

Tony felt the warmth from the Strange, suddenly becoming aware of how close they were and the height difference between them. “That’s where it’s located.” Tony said as Strange leaned down some to get a closer look at the screen.

“You can get us there?”

“Yeah definitely. We’ll take Pepper. She should be able to make the journey.” Tony said feeling the goose bumps on his arms from how close he was to the Jedi. Mentally shaking the feeling off, he shut down the data pad and set it aside.

“Pepper?” Strange asked watching Tony walk over to the kitchen.

“Yeah my ship. Named her after an ex of mine…well we are still friends. She’s tough and can take anything.” Tony said pouring himself a glass of a greenish clear liquid. “Want some?”

Strange shook his head as Peter said “I will!”

“No. Not until you are older. We don’t want a repeat of last time. Look as soon as your girl is recovered we’ll leave. Come on kid, let’s get some more work done before dinner. Dinner will be in two hours Jedi. If you wish to freshen up, the shower is down the hall to the right.” Tony called out leaving through the door that led back to the place where the Jedi was found.

Strange nodded and walked down the hallway checking in on Maribel. He saw her sleeping, albeit fitfully, but would calm down when Razor licked her face.

Strange walked to the fresher and entered. After unrobing he started the water and turned to look at himself in the mirror. He touched the bruises on his chest and winced at the cut on his thigh that was mostly healed thanks to the bacta patch and Maribel’s power.

He climbed into the shower and sighed at the feeling of water hitting his skin. It felt amazing. He knew it was only two or so days since everything happened but by the Force it felt longer. He closed his eyes replaying everything that had happened and instantly regretted it. He opened his eyes and shook his head ridding himself of the memories from Dantooine. He finished showering and went to the dryer when there was a knock on the door. He grabbed a nearby towel and wrapped it around his waist saying “Come in?”

Peter entered saying “Um here…Mr. Stark thought you may need some more clothes. Hopefully they’ll fit…”

Strange took the pile of clothes saying “Thank you.” Peter nodded when he saw the bruises on the Jedi’s chest.

“It’s true isn’t…what they did after the emperor declared that order.” Peter stated softly as Strange nodded. “You and Maribel…you said you escaped…”

“We did.”

“Were you with others?”

“I…” Strange looked down when Tony suddenly appeared.

“Damn it kid I told you to give him the clothes not start a conversation. Some people like having time to themselves.” Tony said standing in the doorway. “Sorry about that, kid is way too friendly for his own good.”

“It’s fine. He meant no harm.” Strange said with a smile feeling Tony’s gaze on him and clearing his throat turned. “Thank you for the clothes.”

“Yeah um sure…come on kid let’s finish before dinner.” Tony said in a gruff voice turning and leaving as Peter looked between the two and grinned.

Chapter Text

When Strange finished dressing, which he had to improvise with both sets of clothes since the new ones were a tad too short for him, he entered the room where Maribel was. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he stroked back her hair seeing her eyes slowly open. “Daddy? What’s going on? Where are we?”

“You are safe. Just rest…you need to get better so we can go to that safe planet I heard about.” Strange said gently taking the nearby cloth and running it over her forehead and cheeks.

“I had a dream…we were on Dantooine again…you, me, apprentice Wanda…my friends…we were happy.” Maribel said softly staring at the ceiling as tears dripped down her face. “I was playing with Treva and Sasha…we were splashing in the water…using the Force to make waves…it felt so real…I miss them.”

“I miss them too.” Strange admitted softly wiping away her tears.

“Why did they kill them? Why are we hated?”

“I don’t know darling…I wish I knew. But know that I will protect you. That Mr. Stark and Peter are going to help us get to that safe place. I won’t let anything happen to you.” Strange said firmly taking her small hand in his.

Maribel looked at him nodded then gripped his hand in hers. “I trust you master…”

Strange smiled and leaning over kissed her forehead. “Good. Now don’t cry anymore little one…just rest. Razor will keep you safe.” Strange said softly as Maribel smiled and taking a shuddering breath closed her eyes.

“Hey how is she.” Tony asked softly entering as Strange just kept holding her hand.

“She’s mending.”

“Can’t you heal her? Or have her heal herself? I thought Jedi can do that?”

“Only certain Jedi who focus on that ability or are naturally born with it can. She has the ability but hasn’t learned yet how to use on herself. Her body will naturally heal as long as she remains calm.”

“Is she?”

“Her body is but her mind isn’t…she is still suffering…processing everything she’s seen.” Strange said not taking his eyes off of her.

“You mean…”

Strange nodded as Tony just cursed softly. “Well uh dinner is ready if you are hungry. It isn’t much…but it’s something.”

Strange stood up and turning said “Thank you Tony for helping us. For taking this risk.”

Tony shrugged saying “Hey anything to stick it to the man you know. Damn empire and all.”

Strange nodded and turning said “Watch over her Razor.”

The kit growled and nodded as Strange left with Tony. He sat at the small table as Peter handed him a bowl of soup. “If you want I made one with just broth for Maribel…food will help her fight this off faster.” Peter said sitting down next to Tony.

“Thank you Peter. I will see if she is able to eat anything later on.”

Peter nodded as they ate in silence. “So uh you ever been to that planet? The one we are going to?” Tony asked as Strange shook his head.

“No. I have heard of it in passing at the temple but never paid it no mind. But as soon as I heard the name…something in me just knew it was the right place to go.” Strange said with a shrug as Tony and Peter looked at him.

“Like a Force thing?” Peter asked eyes wide as Strange nodded.

“Exactly. Just a feeling…a sure one.” Strange explained eating more of his soup.

“So is it true that Jedi take children when they are babies?” Peter asked suddenly as Tony just rolled his eyes.

“Peter…”

“No it’s fine Tony. Yes they are. It is to avoid severing any bond with the parents later on. They are then cared for by the healers and nurse droids. Once they reach a certain age they are placed in different clans with other younglings…it is those younglings that they will form a bond with. A bond that will allow them to have each other’s back in the field.”

“What clan is Maribel part of?” Peter asked intrigued and totally neglecting his soup.

“The Dragonfly Clan. She and 12 other youngling made it up. I and my apprentice Wanda were in charge of it. It was one of the final missions before Wanda would take the trials to become a Jedi knight.” Strange said softly looking down at his dish.

Peter nodded and went back to his soup knowing that that topic was still hard for the Jedi knight. They ate in silence again when Tony said “So the trip shouldn’t be too long. I am guessing four days top should everything go well.”

“Good to know. We’ll be able to make it there in one stop?” Strange asked as Tony nodded.

“Yeah one of the reasons I am taking Pepper. She’ll get us there. The less we stop the better.”

Strange nodded saying “That is true. I am afraid the last stop we made, we made a mess of things.”

“That’s not good if you are trying to stay undetected.” Tony commented with a snort as Strange smirked.

“I am well aware of that.”

“What happened?” Peter asked looking at Strange sipping his soup.

“Maribel…she is very strong in the Force. She is still learning to control her powers. She caused the disturbance in the alleyway too. Though saved my life because of it.”

“She did that?” Tony asked amazed having seen the damage with all the other curious onlookers.

“Yeah she did. Honestly once she harnesses her abilities and becomes a Jedi…she’ll be very strong. If the Jedi were still around, she probably would be considered for a seat on the counsel…the youngest one to do so.” Strange said with a smile.

“Wow. That’s impressive for that little squirt.” Tony commented stirring his soup.

“Yeah…Wanda wanted her to be trained as a Healer. She would be a powerful one…but now…I have no idea what kind of future she’ll have.”

“Well she can still be a Jedi…maybe with other survivors you can start a new order.” Peter suggested earnestly as Strange smiled ruefully.

“Perhaps…perhaps we can.” Strange said in a somewhat hopeful tone.

When dinner was finished, Strange took the bowl of broth to Maribel as Tony went back into his workshop leaving Peter to clean the dishes. Strange had offered to help but Peter waved him away telling him it was fine. Strange entered the bedroom seeing Maribel curled up on her side, knees against her chest. “Hey darling…you hungry?” Strange asked sitting down brushing back some of her hair.

Maribel opened her eyes and said “Sort of…I still don’t feel good.”

“I know. It’ll take a few days to heal. But food will help you heal faster. Using as much force energy as you did didn’t help things.”

Maribel nodded and tried to sit up but failed. Strange set the bowl on the side table and lifted Maribel onto his lap. She rested against his chest as he grabbed the bowl and started feeding her.

“That’s good.” She said softly as Razor came over sniffing the bowl.

“No none for you Razor.” Strange said nudging the Nexu away.

“She can have my left overs.” Maribel said taking the spoon from Strange and feeding herself. Strange watched her seeing her hand was still shaking.

“You got it Mari?”

“Yeah…I am good.” Maribel commented as Strange nodded and rested his chin gently on the top of her head.

“Um does this mean I am officially your apprentice now?” Maribel asked as Strange swallowed the lump in his throat.

His apprentice. He did have one…one that sacrificed herself to save him. No apprentice should have to do that…but she was gone. Maribel was here and Maribel’s powers, much like Wanda, needed to be taught and controlled.

“You are still too young to be one. You have five more years.”

Maribel just nodded eating more of her soup as the shaking slowly stopped. “But I will train you. We need to get your powers under control.”

“I know. I’ll get better, I promise.”

“I know you will darling.” Strange said as Maribel set the bowl aside.

“Not hungry anymore. Sleepy.” Maribel rolled off of Strange’s lap and flopped down on the bed. Strange chuckled and put the bowl on the floor as Razor came bounding over.

“Yeah you deserve some food too.” Strange muttered as he laid next to Maribel on the bed losing himself in meditation which eventually became some much needed sleep.

Chapter Text

 “Master! Go!”

 “Wanda! You can’t stop them!”

 “I will do what I can to allow you to leave! Take as many younglings as you can!” Shouts the red haired padawan igniting her dark pink lightsaber.

 Strange watches the troopers approach, firing their guns as the younglings scream in terror. Strange tries to round up as many as possible but an explosion sounds.

 He sees their bodies…all of them strewn around. He hears whimpering. Sitting up he sees Maribel curled up under him. He shields her…protects her…he scoops her up telling her to close her eyes.

 He looks back and sees Wanda on her knees, a trooper holding her by her neck as another lifts a gun to her head. He watches her fall, the blaster killing her instantly.

 He now runs holding this small whimpering child in his arms. He feels her clutching his tunic, hears her whimpers, and feels her small body shake. He tries to comfort her as more troopers appear…blasters…explosions…cries…

 

 Strange sat up with a gasp. He looked around hearing Maribel breathing softly with Razor snoring next to her. He’s safe. They are safe. They are on Correlia. But it wasn’t a dream…he lost her. Lost his friend, his apprentice. Failed to protect her and train her. Failed as Jedi knight granted permission to train someone young and promising. He had lost her to the very people they fought alongside in the Clone Wars.

 Strange ran a hand through his hair and got up. He left the room hoping to possibly get some fresh air…if this planet even had it. He walked down the hallway seeing a light coming from a cracked door. He walked over and peered in seeing Tony working away at something.

 He knocked seeing Tony turn to see who it was. “Hey um can I come in?” Strange asked as Tony just shrugged. Strange entered and looked around amazed. The room was full of robot parts, machines, and tools. “You made these?” Strange asked nodding to a few robots that were resting against the wall.

 “Yeah…still working the kinks out of them. Will soon go to their new home. Some space miner looking to start a moisture farm on Tatooine.”

 “So you are an inventor? Builder?”

 “Yeah a little of both. I freelance. Take jobs from people who need robots or machines fixed. Pretty well known here on Correlia.”

 “Peter he’s your apprentice then? Learning to do this too?”

 “Yep. Took the kid in when he was 10. Been with me for five years.”

 “His parents?”

 “Dead. They were caught in a terrorist attack here during the Clone Wars. He stayed with his aunt for a bit but she was killed. Caught in the crossfire of a gang dispute. I had helped fix her things and the kid would always watch. I knew he had a calling.”

 “That was very kind of you. To take him in.” Strange said sitting down as Tony shrugged.

 “The least I could do for the woman who helped me out of a few tight spots myself. So what brings you here at this hour?”

 “Can’t sleep.” Strange said simply watching the other man work.

 “Heh join the club. Sleep is always difficult for me. I have the oddest sleeping hours.”

 “I’ll say, don’t know many people who are up at 2 am building things.”

 “It relaxes me I guess. I usually turn in around 4 or so…get up at noon…unless of course I have a delivery to make.”

 “Hmm have those often?”

 “Not really. Most clients come and pick them up from the warehouse. The place where I found you.”

 “I see.”

 “So what causes a Jedi to not sleep? I thought Jedi either sleep or meditate…not wander around.”

 “Sleep isn’t my friend as of late.” Strange said running a hand over his face. Tony stopped working and walked over grabbing another chair.

 “Nightmares then huh.”

 Strange sighed and nodded looking down. “It’s weird, I haven’t had nightmares since I was young. Even during the height of the Clone Wars my sleep was rarely disturbed by them.”

 “Well during that time you weren’t betrayed and slaughtered by those who you trusted. Those who you shed blood with…tears…it’s different when it’s betrayal.” Tony said softly as Strange looked into those hazel doe eyes.

 “I couldn’t save them Tony…12 little ones were my responsibility. Mari was the youngest…the oldest was 9. Wanda…my apprentice…she gave her life so I could save them…I didn’t.” Strange said softly not realizing the tears that were prickling at the corner of his eyes.

 Tony sighed and moved his chair closer to the distraught man. “Listen Stephen I can’t imagine the position you were in…I’ve heard the stories…what Order 66 has done. But you saved one. You saved Maribel. You did what you could do in an unprepared moment. What happened…those lives lost…are not your fault. It is those damn troopers! They didn’t have to follow those orders…they could have remembered who you all were…what you all did together…but instead they chose to be cowards. They chose to murder children!”

 Strange looked at Tony seeing the passion and sincerity in his eyes. “I am damn impressed you got out of there with one. That is no easy feat. So no you didn’t save them all, but one little girl…she survived. She is alive and has you as her protector. That’s nothing to scoff at.”

 Strange nodded and wiped the tears dripping down his face. Tony handed him a towel as he took it. “Thanks…”

 “You’ve never really talked about this have you…processed it.”

 “Never had the time…it happened four days ago and since then I’ve been on the run. Been focused on getting us somewhere safe…getting her somewhere safe. I needed to be strong for her…”

 “Yeah but here Stephen…you don’t have to be. Let it out. It’s okay.” Tony said softly leaning forward. “It’s time to take care of yourself.”

 Strange nodded when finally the floodgates opened. Just those words and that look, made him finally break down. Strange leaned forward and started sobbing. Tony watched the man hunched over, body shaking with heart wrenching sobs.

 Tony got up and going over pulled the Jedi knight into his arms. “Shh it’s okay. Let it out Jedi.” Tony said gently as Strange gripped his shirt and sobbed into his chest.

 “They were just children! Innocent children!” Strange sobbed as Tony held him tighter.

 “I know. Those fucking bastards will pay.” Tony whispered running his hand gently up and down Strange’s back.

 “I lost her…my friend…my…padawan…the one I was suppose to train…see to knighthood…”

 “And you will honor her loss by getting somewhere safe with Maribel and living. That is all you can do now. And you will not do it alone.” Tony said holding the man tight.

 Strange just nodded when finally his tears started to lessen. Tony looked down saying “How do you feel?”

 Strange pulled back and chuckling said “Pretty good. Thank you Tony.”

 Tony just shrugged saying “We all need to break down every once and all. But you, my friend, really needed it. What you experienced…what your journey and goal is…very admirable. Something I am definitely more eager to help with. We’ll go find this supposed Jedi refuge. Anything to say ‘Fuck you’ to empire.” Strange just nodded smiling.

 “Master Strange?” They turned seeing Maribel standing there in the doorway rubbing her eyes.

 Strange got up and said clearing his throat “Maribel darling what are you doing up?”

 “You were gone…I was worried…are you okay?” Maribel asked seeing her master’s face red and eyes puffy.

 “Yeah I am darling, I am just fine. But you still got a little fever. You need to go back to bed.” Strange said picking her up as Maribel nodded.

 “Did Mr. Tony make you feel better?”

 “Yeah he did.” Strange said with a smile and nodded to Tony.

 “Thank you Mr. Tony…thank you for helping my master.” Maribel said with a smile as she rested her head on Strange’s shoulder.

 Tony walked over and brushing back a strand of her hair said “It was my pleasure. Now go get some sleep. We’re going to leave soon so we need you all better.” She nodded and yawned nuzzling Strange’s neck.

 “Sleep well Jedi, sleep as long as you need tomorrow. You are safe here.” Tony said with a smile seeing the tension further leave the man’s body.

 “I know. Good night Tony.” Strange said turning and leaving as Tony just stood there running a hand through his hair.

 “What the hell have you gotten yourself into Tony Stark.”

Chapter Text

 It was about a week when Maribel finally recovered and Tony was able to get some more decent clothing for them both. Strange had declined the offer saying he had no way of paying and Tony had just told him that he would not be seen with someone who looked liked a homeless scruffy nerf herder.

 Now with bags in hand Tony locked up his house. “Alright to the hangar. Try not to draw attention to yourself.” Tony commented looking at Maribel who just giggled. “This ain’t no laughing matter missy. They are still cleaning up and repairing that alleyway. About time if I am being honest.” Tony said as Peter took Maribel’s hand and with Strange bringing up the rear, walked into the crowd.

 “This is the first time I am going off world! Oh man! What is space like Mr. Stark? Mr. Strange?” Strange smiled glad Peter started feeling more comfortable to call him by his last name instead of Mr. Jedi.

 “It’s big and cold and scary.” Maribel said looking up at him as she held Razor in her free arm. Razor just chirrup at this as Peter looked at her wide eyed.

 “Is that true Mr. Stark?”

 “Well yeah but don’t worry kid we’ll be in a space ship. You’ll love it.” Tony assured the nervous teen as Strange just chuckled.

 “Trust us, you’ll be fine. I have survived many space travels.” Strange also assured the teen as Peter just nodded seeming to relax.

 They walked down the busy sidewalk as Strange decided it would be easier to carry Maribel. Peter opted to carry Razor as Maribel looked around in awe. Strange pulled her hood up a little further as they approached the hangar. They entered as Tony walked over to a section where a large P shaped yellow and red ship rested. “There she is Pepper! My trusty space craft.”

 “She’s uh bright.” Strange commented as Tony chuckled rubbing the back of his head.

 “Yeah…the two colors Pepper hates the most. I mean she is still my ex after all.”

 Strange just rolled his eyes as Maribel laughed. Strange put her down as Maribel ran over admiring the ship as Peter joined her. Strange walked over and touched it before turning around to see where Tony went off to. He saw Tony talking to the hangar aid not able to stop himself from checking the man out.

 Over the week of being with Tony, Strange had gotten to know him and since their moment in his workshop, a bond seemed to be born. Tony was a gorgeous man. Handsome. Not only was he easy on the eyes and had a personality that made Strange laugh, his whole body was amazing. Strange loved how the beige cargo pants he wore seemed to fit every curve, as did the deep red shirt and black leather vest. He had a thigh holster on each thigh and wore calf high black boots.

 “He’s single you know. Hasn’t had anyone since Pepper. Honestly…I think he misses having someone like that.” Peter said as Strange jumped.

 “By the Force you need to warn someone before just speaking. You scared me.”

 “Sorry thought you sensed me…I mean don’t Jedi have that power…or were you a bit distracted.” Peter said with a grin as Strange just gave him a look. Peter grinned bigger and said “He has checked you out too.”

 Strange tried not to blush at this information. Tony checking him out? He warmed at that idea. Being a Jedi made romantic relationships hard since they were basically forbidden. Not that Strange minded, he was mostly focused on his studies to engage in any carnal behavior.

 “I think you two would be cute together…is it true that Jedi can’t have a significant other?”

 “Yes but honestly I wonder if it matters anymore.” Strange murmured as Peter nodded. Suddenly Marible came running over tugging on Strange’s hand.

 “What is it Mari?”

 “We aren’t alone!”

 Strange looked up and reached out with the force. “Fuck!” He whispered running over to Tony. “Tony we need to go now.” Strange said softly yet urgently as Tony looked at him confused.

 “What’s the rush?”

 “You want another incident to happen like the one that happened in the alleyway?” Strange asked as Tony went wide eyed.

 “Right! Well Trix it was great talking with you. See you around!” He told the female Toydarian as he ran towards his ship.

 They raced up the boarding ramp as Strange glanced back seeing that female Sith Lord in the crowd. Tony sat in the pilot seat as Peter in the co pilot. “No kid out, Stephen you know how to pilot a ship?”

 “Yeah.”

 “Good you are now my co pilot.” Tony said flipping switches and pressing buttons. “Maribel, Peter strap in.” Peter made sure Maribel was strapped in then handing her Razor strapped himself in.

 They suddenly saw clone troopers storm the hangar firing at their ship. “Uh Mr. Stark! I think we need to be going…like right now!”

 “Yeah I know kid! Jedi you ready?”

 “Ready when you are.”

 “Good looks like we’ve overstayed our welcome here.” With a few more flips of levers the ship started hovering. “And away we go!” Tony shouted pushing the throttle forward as the ship soared out of the hangar.

 Maribel looked over seeing Peter gripping the chair tight as she reached over and took his hand. “It’s all right, just breath.” Peter looked at her and nodded when he suddenly felt a calming presence coursing through him.

 Maribel smiled and closed her eyes feeling Peter do the same. When they finally broke through the atmosphere, Maribel said “Welcome to space.”

 Peter opened his eyes and gasped. “Mr. Stark…we’re in space. It’s beautiful.”

 “Yeah it is isn’t. Alright setting coordinates for Bogano. We should be there in three days or so. Ready for hyperspace?” Tony asked as Strange nodded.

 Tony pressed a few buttons and said “Here we go. Hang on kid, this is the best part of space travel.” Just when Tony was about to put the ship in hyperdrive mode, an explosion was heard and the ship lurched forward.

 “What the hell!” Tony exclaimed looking at the screen.

 “Master! Those Sith Lords found us.”

 Strange looked at Tony saying “We need to get out of here.”

 “Alright we’ll try to lose them before jumping into hyperdrive.” Tony said leaning over pressing a button. More blaster bolts fired as Tony piloted the ship dodging them. “Stay strapped in guys, kid you are about to experience your first space battle. Congrats.”

 “Uh I am not liking this Mr. Stark.” Peter said as the ship shook with another blast.

 “Tony you good for a minute?”

 “Yeah Jedi what are you doing?”

 “Seeing how many there are.” Strange said closing his and entering a meditative state. He reached out with the force and felt three dark force signatures. “There are three ships tailing us. All piloted by Sith lords. They must have been waiting for us to leave the planet.” Strange shared opening his eyes as Tony continued trying to dodged the blasts.

 “Marvelous. Can the Force tell you how good of pilots they are?”

 “Nope but from the way they are following your maneuvers I would say they are pretty good.” Strange said as Tony just gave him a look.

 “Thanks.” He said dryly as Strange smirked.

 “They are probably using some Force to help them.” Maribel said as Tony looked at her.

 “Great, get going Jedi.”

 “I can’t do that. This my dear Tony is your fight.” Strange said lurching forward as several blast hit the ship.

Tony knew it would be difficult for them to outmaneuver three ships that seem to fly and fight in tandem. No, he needed assistance that open space would not grant him.

 “Stephen! Look at the star map. Any asteroid fields nearby?”

 “Yeah there is one close.” Strange swiped the screen towards Tony who glanced down and nodded.

 “Pull up the coordinates.” Strange did so as Tony grinned. “Kid looks like you’ll get to experience hyperspace after all.”

 “Tony what are you doing?” Strange asked when Tony pulled the lever.

 “Saving our asses.” The stars seemed to streak by as the ship lurched forward and disappeared.

 “Promixa they are gone.”

 “They went into hyperdrive. I got that little one’s signature memorized. On me.” Proxima Midnight said as she placed her hand on the screen of her console and chanted something softly.

 The three ships came together and followed the others into hyperdrive.

Chapter Text

 When the ship came out of hyperdrive, Strange saw they were in an asteroid field. “Tony! What the hell!”

 “Master! They are following us! They are here!” Maribel cried as Peter started freaking out himself.

 “Maribel yes I can sense them, I need you calm down. Peter no need to freak out.”

 “We are heading into an asteroid field with three Sith Lords behind us! This is a perfect time to freak out!” Peter exclaimed as Tony piloted the ship further into the asteroid field.

 “Peter listen to the Jedi, we are fine.”

 “Tony what are you doing.” Strange asked oddly calm as Tony turned to him.

 “Do you trust me Stephen.” Strange looked at Tony and sighing nodded.

 “Good. There is no way I can outmaneuver three ships that are connected. So we are going to get some help.” Tony said flying through the field dodging asteroids.

 “Kid! I need you calm down and listen to me. I know you are good at timing and shooting. Can you switch with Stephen and shoot any asteroids that come near us?”

 Peter looked at him then at Strange then at the windshield. “Peter! I need an answer!”

 “Yes Mr. Stark!” Peter said as he and Strange switched places.

 “Fire when you can Peter. Aim for the big ones. When they shatter they will create smaller ones that can hit our pursuers.” Tony instructed calmly as Peter nodded.

 Strange strapped in looking at Maribel. “You okay?”

 Maribel hugged Razor closer to her chest nodding. “Two of them are the ones we fought in the alleyway.”

 “Yeah I sensed that too. Don’t worry we are in good hands.” Strange said taking her hand in his. Maribel looked at him and nodded.

 “Ebony on my tail. Watch it guys they’re not as stupid as we thought.” Proxima Midnight said as she dodged a medium asteroid.

 “Peter one is coming at us!” Maribel cried as Peter grabbed the controls and directed the gun in that direction. He fired as the explosion rocked the ship.

 “Good shot kid. Keep it up.” Tony praised as he skillfully dodged the small particles.

 “Cull watch it!” Proxima Midnight cried out as she and Ebony Maw watched the smaller asteroids pummel the third ship.

 “You all right?”

 “Yeah just took some damage. Come on let’s kill them!”

 “No we need the little one!”

 Strange watched Tony skillfully pilot the ship turning sideways and upside down as Peter shot down the massive asteroids. Suddenly a loud alarm echoed through the ship as Maribel covered her ears. “Mr. Stark! Our shields are almost gone!”

 “Fuck. We need to get out of here and get those damn three off our tail. Jedi! What are their position?”

 “I can’t determine that Tony.” Strange said when an enormous asteroid suddenly appeared.

 “Peter don’t…” Tony started but was too late as Peter shot it. It broke into two massive asteroids as one came right to them.

 “Tony…move…move…MOVE!” Strange exclaimed as Maribel and Peter started screaming.

 “SHUT UP!” Tony roared as he pulled the steering console down causing them to drop. Everyone screamed at the sudden drop as the asteroid scraped the top of the ship and wing causing more sirens to blare. The ship started spinning out of control as Strange tried to summon as much Force as possible to help shield them.

 “Break!” Proxima Midnight shouted as they did when Cull Obsidian’s ship unfortunately broke into the path of the other half of the asteroid.

 “CULL!” Proxima Midnight shouted as she watched his ship explode.

 “Proxima we need to get out of here!”

 “We need that little girl!” She watched the other ship spin out of control and started for it.

 “Proxima stop! We need to report back to Thanos. You said you have her signature memorized. I bet it won’t be long until her energies spike again and we can trace them then.”

 “If she survives the crash that is…” Proxima Midnight growled as the two synched their ships and left in a blur of stars.

 “Mr. Stark! Please stop the spinning.” Peter cried gripping his chair as Tony tried to regain control.

 “I am trying kid. We’re going have to set her down.” Tony finally got the spinning to stop as they plummeted toward a large green and blue planet.

 “Pray to whatever gods you believe in and hold on!” Tony said as Strange took Maribel’s hand and together they started glowing. The ship broke atmosphere in a blazing orange, red, and purple light, hitting trees, before crashing on top a hill and sliding down it before slamming against a large boulder that halted their slide.

 Silence reigned over the occupants of the ship as Tony opened one eye. “We’re alive? Oh thank god.”

 “No thank the Force.” Strange commented with a cough as Tony groaned undoing his straps.

 “I’ll thank whoever depending on the state of my ship.” Tony said as he looked over at Peter. “Hey kid…Peter!” Tony undid the straps when Peter slumped forward.

 “Mr. Stark...I don’t feel so good…” Peter said as Tony saw a piece of ship protruding from his side.

 “Fuck…stay with me Peter…” Tony said looking at Strange when Maribel scrambled out of her seat and rushed over.

 “Can you heal him?” Tony asked as Maribel looked at the injury.

 “No…not until the object is removed. But we can’t pull it out…master what do we do?” Maribel asked looking at Strange.

 “Tony where are we. Tony! Where are we?” Strange asked in a loud tone as Tony sprung into action looking at the star chart that fizzled to life.

 “Um we are…you fucking kidding me! Really? Of all the fucking places to crash land?”

 “Tony what is going on.”

 “We are on Chandrila.”

 “And why did this produce such a strong reaction?”

 “Because I am here. Hello Tony.” Another voice said as Strange instantly drew his lightsaber and turning pointed it at the stranger that boarded their ship.

Chapter Text

 “Who the hell are you!” Strange growled as Maribel quickly ran to his side and clung to him.

 “Is he going to take us away?” Maribel asked softly as Strange looked at her.

 “No. I will kill him before he does.”

 “Down Jedi, he may be many things but a murderer he is not.” Tony said with a sigh looking at the tall, broad, blond haired man wearing a blue shirt and beige pants.

 “Stephen Strange meet Steve Rogers. Steve Rogers, Stephen Strange and Maribel Poridge.” Tony said scooping Peter up.

 “What the hell did you bring to my planet Tony. Jedi? You know they are wanted.”

 “Your planet? Your planet?! Right. We all know you wouldn’t run a planet, too much responsibility. It would make you run, something you are good at.” Tony spat as Strange looked between the two.

 “Tony just shut up and let us take care of that boy.” Steve said with a sigh as Strange looked at Steve.

 “Us?”

 “Probably his current boy toy and the runaway king.” Tony said with snort leaving the ship. Strange cut off his lightsaber and hooked it to his belt before following. Maribel took his hand as Razor trotted behind them with a slight limp.

 “Saw the ship break atmo, Bucky described it to me and I only know of one person who has a P shaped ship in such gaudy colors.”

 Tony rolled his eyes as Steve led them to his transport. “Get on, I’ll take you to T’Challa. He and his sister will help heal your son.”

 “He’s not my son per se.” Tony explained getting on the back of the transport. Strange lifted Maribel onto it then himself, sitting next to Tony. He saw the look on Steve’s face and gave him a glare.

 Steve got into the cab of the transport as it started up. “Ex boyfriend?” Strange asked already knowing the answer.

 “That obvious.”

 “Very.” Maribel and Strange said together as Tony sighed shaking his head.

 “Yeah didn’t end well…”

 “You don’t say.” Strange said dryly as Tony gently elbowed him. Peter groaned as Tony gently brushed back a strand of his hair.

 “Shh it’s all right Peter…we are about to get you some care. Just hang in there.” Strange gently placed his hand on Peter’s head and closed his eyes. Tony saw Peter seemed to relax and looked at Strange. “What did you do?”

 “I just put him in a trance. It will help him cope with the pain until more suitable methods are used.”

 “I thought you couldn’t heal?”

 “It is not healing. It is merely calming the mind and regulating the heart. It is something all Jedi learn. It is how we start to meditate. It is how we help teach younglings and padawans what mediating should feel like.”

 Tony nodded as Strange saw a large compound being to appear. “So who is T’challa?”

 “He is a former king of a civilization here. It was wiped out during the Clone Wars. Steve and I were out here together trying to help T’challa build a refuge for displaced citizens because of the wars. It was here that he met Bucky…a refugee and ex soldier. It was the night we were suppose to leave this place that I found him fuc…” Tony looked at Maribel who was listening intently to the story. “Being very friendly with Bucky. I left early the following morning…left back to Correlia. Found Pepper there and went on with my life.”

 The transport came to a stop as Strange nodded. “I can’t imagine the pain you went through…”

 “Yeah so like you, I know a little something about betrayal. Speaking of…” Tony said as Strange looked over seeing a medium size, well built man with neck length brown hair pulled up into a half bun and a mechanical arm walk over.

 Steve got out of the transport and said “Bucky…T’challa here?”

 “Yeah, he is prepared for the wounded.” Bucky said eyeing Tony who glared back. Tony got down as Strange handed him Peter then hopped down himself. He turned and picked up Maribel, holding her, as she held Razor.

 “Master…Razor has an ouchy…” Maribel said as Strange saw Razor’s right front leg was bleeding.

 “I am sure the people here can help Razor. After we get you looked at.” Strange said following the group into the large compound. It wasn’t big but definitely could accommodate many people, which were seen milling about. It was round in shape and looked to be about 5 stories tall. He heard the sounds of waves and saw a beach nearby. The area was lush with foliage that almost rivaled that of the planet Felucia. The water was clear and beach had bright white sand.

 “This is beautiful.” Strange said when a dark skinned human appeared from a doorway.

 “Thank you. Chandrila is definitely a sight to behold. We chose this spot because it was near the ocean but also because it is hidden amongst the foliage. Come, let me see to your friend and to your own wounds.”

 “That’s T’challa.” Tony said softly as Strange nodded. He saw Bucky give them a distrusting glare as Steve cleared his throat.

 “Come on Buck let’s get go get that ship and start looking at it. The sooner we get it fixed…”

 “The sooner he can leave this place.” Bucky finished glaring at Tony who truly wished he could give Bucky the finger right now but that would unfortunately involve jostling Peter.

 “Master…why don’t they like each other?” Maribel asked as they entered the courtyard of the compound and were led to a door on the far side of it. 

 “Well that man did something to Tony that was mean and hurtful.”

 “Then he should apologize.”

 Tony snorted at this saying “Yeah they should. You hear that Barnes! Rogers! Even the five year old thinks you should apologize.”

 “Fuck off Stark!"

 “Language! We have young ones around.” Steve’s voice could be heard as Strange just sighed.

 “Marvelous…just marvelous.” He whispered shaking his head.

Chapter 14

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 When Peter opened his eyes he was met with a sight that made him swear he died and gone to heaven. There standing over him was gorgeous dark skinned teen, about his age, looking at a data pad. “Is this heaven?”

 “Lord I hope not, thought it would be much better.” The young woman responded with an accent.

 “Oh…it’s just you look like an angel.” Peter said with a dopey smile as the other teen just looked at him then laughed.

 “Yep the medicine is working. You are a funny boy Peter.”

 “What is your name?”

 “Shuri.”

 “Where am I Shuri?”

 “You are on Chandrila. Former home to my people…before the Clone Wars…now only home to a few survivors and other refugees.”

 “Oh we have refugees with us too. They are Jedi. Escaped order 66.” Peter said when he realized what he shared. “Shit you…”

 “Do not fret Peter. They are safe here. Jedi or not, anyone persecuted by the Empire or some other regime is welcomed here. Now just rest, you are still recovering.” Shuri said gently setting the datapad down as she checked his vitals.

 He sighed feeling her cool hand on his forehead as she smiled. “Rest Peter.” She told him softly as Peter nodded and closing his eyes fell asleep.

 “How is the patient?” T’challa asked entering as Shuri turned.

 “Good. He woke up for a bit. Which is good after two days of nothing.”

 “That is very good. We should let Tony know.”

 “Brother, Peter shared some news with me…”

 “I know we have Jedi in our midst. Stephen and Maribel. Steve told me the first night. Then I saw them training in the yard.” T’challa confirmed when the door opened and a man, a few feet shorter then T’challa, with silvery blond hair entered.

 “We have Jedi training in the courtyard…”

 “I know my darling.” T’challa said taking the man into his arms.

 “Why was I not advised of this?”

 “Well if it makes you feel any better Everett, I just learned of this too.” Shuri said as T’challa looked at them both.

 “I did not think it was important.”

 “Important? You do know Jedi are being hunted…like seriously hunted…if the Empire finds out…”

 “Everett, beloved, they won’t. Tony assured me that those chasing them probably think they are dead. We’ll be fine.” T’challa said cupping his husband’s face as Everett just sighed.

 “All right. I will admit that little girl is darling.”

 “Isn’t she! I just want to take her and snuggle her and…” Shuri started, ending in a squeal.

 “She is a human not a pet Shuri.” T’challa said with a chuckle as Shuri shrugged.

 “Well her pet is cute too. Ugh why can’t you guys give me a niece or nephew! There are plenty out there to adopt.” Shuri said with a pout as Everett blushed and T’challa rolled his eyes.

 “Shuri that is a private matter.”

 Shuri sighed and turned back to Peter. “I know, I know. Guess I’ll just have to get my fill while Maribel is here.”

 “Come Everett lets go inform our guest that their companion woke up and is on the mend. You can meet these Jedi properly.”

 “I should have met them when they first arrived.” Everett muttered following his husband out of the infirmary feeling T’challa kiss his cheek before giving his ass a squeeze grinning at the sound of disgust he heard Shuri make.

 

 Tony sat in a nearby chair looking over a datapad that Steve had given him noting everything that needed to be fixed with the ship. Tony groaned and set the datapad aside. It would take weeks for the ship to be fixed even if they did have all the parts which Bucky happily told him they didn’t.

 Tony rubbed his forehead then decided to watched Strange training Maribel in different fighting techniques with her small training lightsaber. Tony was glad that Strange had told him that considering he was slightly concerned that a 5 year was handling such a powerful weapon. Strange had further soothed his concerns and fears advising that the most damage it could do was cause a small burn. Razor jumped on his lap and settled down as he scratched the Nexu’s head. He glanced up at the building where he knew Peter was being treated, worried about his mentee’s state.

 His injuries, while not severe, were serious and required surgery. Afterwards, Peter had been out for at least two days with no sign of waking up. “This was not how this journey was suppose to go.” Tony muttered as Razor chirped in response.

 “No journey ever does. But we must make do with what we are given.” Strange said walking over taking the glass of water that was left for him. He watched Strange standing there drinking from the glass not bothering to hide that he was checking the Jedi knight out.

 Tony was secretly glad Strange had gladly accepted the new wardrobe from their hosts since it included a sleeveless blue tunic and black pants that fit nicely to his body while around the Jedi's slim waist was a belt where his lightsaber was clipped to it. Another major perk of this new wardrobe was that it revealed how years of Jedi training made his body and arms so damn toned and muscular. It wasn’t Steve level of muscle, but more wiry that fit his tall and lanky form. The kind that when one looks at him would think this man could do no harm.

 Tony had then of course entertained thoughts of wondering just how strong this man was. Could Strange pick him up and have his way with him? Tony shook his head noticing a smirk coming from the Jedi.

 Tony just rolled his eyes saying “Do Jedi always have to speak in such ways.”

 “It is in our vows.” Strange said setting the empty glass down as Tony looked at him.

 “Funny. So how is she doing?”

 Strange sat on the ground next to Tony’s chair, one knee bent while stretching his other leg out, resting his arm on the bent one. “She’s getting it. Getting more control of her motions and emotions I think. This planet is helping her…not a lot of distractions.” They watched her twirling and moving around swinging her sword in the movements Strange taught her.

 “Any word regarding Peter? The ship?” Strange asked looking at Tony who just shrugged.

 “Ship will take weeks to fix, they don’t have all the parts so they are trying to make do. Peter last I heard is still out of it.” Tony said softly leaning against the chair closing his eyes.

 “Hey it’s all right. Peter is strong, he’ll pull through.” Strange said gently resting his hand on Tony’s thigh. Tony looked down then looked at Strange meeting those gorgeous multicolored blue eyes. It was at this moment Razor decided to vacate Tony’s lap and join Maribel who just laughed at Razor’s arrival.

 “Yeah he will…not so sure about the ship though. Maybe it’s time to just say fuck it and find a new one.”

 “I’m sorry. This is my fault…if I hadn’t…”

 “Hey none of that! Peter and I chose to help you. We wanted to do this. We knew helping you would put the baddies on our tail…I guess I am just sorry that we may not be able to get you to your destination. Don’t really have money to buy a ship at the moment and highly doubt they have one here I could borrow or use. Nor would I want to. Last thing I want is to owe them a favor.” Tony added bitterly as Strange gave Tony’s thigh a gentle squeeze.

 “It can’t be easy being here and seeing him again…where the pain was…” Strange commented as Tony just huffed. “It’s okay to still be effect by this after all those years Tony. The pain was immense.” Strange advised moving to his knees and kneeling next to the other man.

 Tony turned seeing he was face to face with the Jedi and sighed. “I thought I was over it…but just seeing them…seeing them happy…I would have let him go Stephen…if he wasn’t happy. I would have let him go. I loved him enough to do anything to make him happy.”

 Strange nodded watching the gorgeous man in front of him. “But instead he chose…I should forgive him but I can’t…he never even apologized…he didn’t have the courage to tell me…I…”

 “He broke your trust…that kind of pain takes time to heal. Being away scabbed it over but seeing him again…being reminded of it…broke the scab.” Strange said as Tony nodded and looked away.

 “I thought I was healed.”

 “You can’t be truly healed until you talk about it…process it…let it out. Remember what you told me?”

 “Easier said then done.” Tony whispered as Strange nodded.

 “I know, especially to someone you just met. But it helps. Also I don’t think you ever got a chance to tell him how you felt…what his betrayal meant…maybe this crash was the Force’s way of giving you that chance…that possible closure.”

 “Why would the Force want to help me?” Tony asked looking back at Strange.

 Strange smiled and cupping Tony’s cheek said “Because you are helping two of its children. The Force is all about balance. By helping us it in turn helps you.”

 “Some messed up way of helping. Would prefer it to help me get a ship or something.” Tony said softly trying to add his normal humor into the situation.

 Strange chuckled and stroked Tony’s cheek bone with his thumb saying “The Force…”

 “I swear if you say works in mysterious ways I will headbutt you.”

 Strange laughed and said “Fair enough.” Tony smiled and placed his hand on Strange’s.

 “Thank you Stephen…maybe you are right…I should talk to him.”

 “And I’ll be here to either dry your tears and hold you close...or slice him up into little pieces and toss him into the sea. Whichever you want.”

 “Holding you to that Jedi.” Tony said with a smile as Strange smiled back.

 Tony realized neither of them moved and felt lost in those gorgeous orbs. “Stephen…” Tony whispered softly as Strange flicked his eyes to his lips then back to his eyes.

 “Yes Tony?”

 “What are we doing?”

 “Um…well…” Strange stammered softly as they felt themselves start moving closer.

 “We should stop…” Tony whispered as Strange nodded when suddenly someone cleared their throat. The two pulled apart, Strange falling back on his butt as Tony coughed running a hand through his hair.

 “Sorry to interrupted.”

 “Oh you are not.” Bucky muttered with an eye roll as Steve looked at him.

 “What do you want Rogers.” Tony asked as Steve rubbed the back of his neck.

 “We have done all we can with your ship Tony…it’s just not fixable with what little supplies we have.”

 “Nor is it worth wasting what little supplies we have to fix.” Bucky added as Tony glared at him.

 “Then you better find me a replacement ship. I have a mission I have to complete.” Tony said standing glaring at the two.

 “We don’t have to do anything. We didn’t ask you to crash land here and bring Jedi with you.” Bucky scoffed as Tony clenched his fist.

 “Well neither did I! The crashing here part…the Jedi part I chose because I want to say ‘fuck you’ to the Empire. And actually help someone instead of causing pain. I know crazy concept right Bucky?”

 Bucky growled and started forward, fist raised, when suddenly he was sent flying in the opposite direction. “No hurt Mr. Tony!” Maribel declared as they all turned seeing the young girl lowering her hand and walking over.

 Steve raced over to Bucky helping him up as Maribel stood in front of Tony and Strange, tiny fists clenched at her side. Bucky pushed Steve aside and said “What the fucking hell! You damn Jedi wannabe!”

 “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Tony commented when suddenly Bucky drew his blaster. In a flash Strange raced forward, slicing the blaster in half, then kicking Bucky straight in the chest sending the man once again fly. In a fluid motion, Strange turned hitting Steve with a force push causing the other to hit the wall.

 “STAND DOWN ALL OF YOU!” Roared T'Challa as they all turned seeing the former king walking over with Everett beside him, eyes narrowed and mouth in a thin line. Strange shut his lightsaber off as Bucky and Steve got up. “What in the name of Bast is going on here!”

Notes:

Hehe dad's mad :p

Chapter Text

 They all started talking at once when T’challa held up his hand silencing them. “Doesn’t matter. Look Peter is awake if you wish to see him. Bucky, Steve what news do you have on the ship?”

 “The ship is a loss. We can’t fix it.”

 “Then we’ll find Mr. Stark another one. Or at least fix his current one enough to get to another planet where another can be purchased.”

 “T’challa we don’t have any parts to…”

 “Then locate something. The sooner we get these men a ship the sooner they can get on their way.” Everett said firmly as the two men nodded and walked off.

 Tony quickly rushed off to meet with Peter as Strange looked at the two men. Maribel quickly went to Strange and pressed close against him, eyes wide with fear.

 “I’m sorry…but he was being mean to Mr. Tony…master likes Mr. Tony and I like him too. He is going to help us find a home. Don’t be mad at him or master…it’s all me…” Maribel said looking at the two, clinging tightly to Strange.

 T’challa and Everett both looked at her when Everett sighed. “I am working on training her I…” Strange started when T’challa held up his hand.

 “It’s all right. We are not mad. We know the tension between Tony and those two. I am hoping they will work it out while they are together. I also know how grateful you two are to Tony.”

 “He saved us…took us in and allowed us to heal.” Strange said as T’challa nodded.

 “That’s Tony. When he was here at first with Steve, he was like that. Wanting the best for my people, for refugees. He hates to see people suffer because of circumstances they couldn’t control.”

 “That sounds like Tony all right.” Strange said with a wistful smile.

 Everett knelt down and said “Maribel, it’s all right. Like T’challa said we are not mad.” Maribel looked at him then at T’challa who nodded.

 Maribel smiled and loosened her grip on Strange’s leg. “I’m sorry I don’t think we’ve met.” Strange suddenly said as Everett stood up.

 “Oh! Everett, T’challa’s husband.” Everett said holding out his hand.

 “He helped my people during the Clone Wars…especially when Wakanda fell. He helped get my people to safety.” T’challa said softly as Everett took his hand.

 “Not as successfully as I would have liked.” Everett said as T’challa kissed the back of his husband’s hand.

 “I know the feeling.” Strange said as he picked up Maribel.

 “I can’t imagine what you went through.”

 “Probably similar to what you did. The Clone Wars was a devastating event…Order 66…”

 Maribel buried her face in Strange’s neck. Strange kissed her head when Everett asked “Did she…did you…”

 “Yes. We both did.” Strange admitted as Everett sighed and looked down.

 “I am so sorry…”

 “You are welcome to stay here as long as you need Jedi. This planet is open to refugees and those needing a safe haven.” T’challa said with a warm smile.

 “I appreciate that but I wouldn’t want to endanger you or your people. As soon as we can leave the better. I fear that the ones who chased us will sense we are alive.”

 “I’ll make sure those two knuckleheads get you a ship then.” Everett said nodding and walking off. T’challa chuckled and motioned with his head for Strange to follow.

 “Come I will take you to see young Peter. Everett is a force to be reckoned. He may be small but he is fierce.”

 “Also sounds like Tony.” Strange said with a chuckle as T’challa laughed.

 

 When Tony arrived at the infirmary he froze. He didn’t have the heart to intrude on the conversation happening between Peter and the former princess, Shuri. He leaned against the doorframe and smiled. He had never seen his mentee so carefree and happy. He had encouraged the 15 year to try and befriend those his age, hell get a boyfriend or girlfriend, but Peter always felt uncomfortable. Now here he was talking up a storm to the gorgeous also 15 year old. It felt like music to hears when he heard Peter laugh at something she said then give a retort that made her laugh.

 “It’s not nice to spy on people you know.” Strange said next Tony’s ear as he jumped.

 “Fucking hell Stephen!”

 “Mr. Stark?”

 Tony turned and said “Peter! Kid! Hey! Heard you were finally awake.”

 Shuri stood up and said “Mr. Stark, yes Peter has made a full recovery.”

 Tony walked over with Strange who set Maribel down. Maribel ran over and climbed onto the bed hugging Peter.

 “Hey squirt.”

 “You better!”

 “Yeah I am. Hope you’ve been good.” Peter said as Maribel bit her bottom lip and looked away.

 “Let’s just say she was doing some force target practicing on a much required target.” Tony explained walking over and sitting in the chair Shuri had previously occupied.

 “Well I’ll uh leave you be. It was nice talking to you Peter.” Shuri said with a grin as she ruffled his hair before leaving with her brother.

 “So uh what’s going on with you and the princess.” Tony asked with a waggle of his eyebrows as Peter blushed.

 “Nothing! We are just friends and we were talking. She’s so smart Mr. Stark! She knows about science and robots and fixing things and ships and is just…so well educated and funny…and sweet…caring…oh and…”

 “Kid, breath.” Tony said with a laugh as Peter did so.

 “Sounds like you made a good friend Peter…perhaps more.” Strange commented as Peter looked down.

 “Uh I mean she is gorgeous and all but come on…how could someone like her like someone like me. She is a former princess and just way out of my league.”

 “I was getting some serious vibes off of her just now.” Strange mused as Peter blushed.

 “I don’t know what you are talking about Peter. You are a catch.” Tony said with a scoff as Strange chuckled.

 “Maybe so…what of Pepper Mr. Stark?”

 “Yeah that looks like it’ll be a loss kid.”

 “Oh I am so sorry…I know how much you liked that ship.”

 “It’s all right, we’ll find another and get these two to their destination.” Tony said as Strange gave him a grateful smile.

Chapter Text

 It was another 4 days before Peter was discharged from the hospital, with Shuri by his side every day, who eagerly showed him around the compound. Everyone noticed the growing relationship between the two, much to T’challa’s dismay.

 “It cannot happen!” T’challa said as soon as he entered his and Everett’s room later that evening. Everett looked up from where he was lounging on the bed confused.

 “What can’t happen?”

 “This thing between Peter and Shuri…I forbid it!” Everett snorted and returned to his datapad with no comment. “You do not support me?”

 “My love you know I support you in all that you do but this…this was bound to happen. You cannot stop love. You keep them apart, but it will only make Shuri miserable.” Everett said simply setting his datapad aside.

 “But he will only hurt her.”

 “And what makes you say that? Peter is a nice boy. He’s smart, respectful, funny, adorable, caring…I honestly cannot see anything negative about him.” Everett said moving to sit next to his husband on the bed.

 “Peter is not of this world Everett. He will leave…he is going to leave soon actually. You know he won’t stay here.”

 “Ah and you are afraid Shuri will want to go with him.”

 “You know how much she has wanted to travel…to see the galaxy…I…” T’challa sighed and buried his face in his hands.

 “She is no longer that small child you have to raise and defend T’Challa.”

 “She is just 15! What does she know! She, Peter…they are too young. What if they fall out of love or never really felt love…or…”

 “What if she leaves just as a friend and they continue to get to know each other? Shuri is way smarter and more mature than you give her credit for. She isn’t stupid and trust me, the minute Peter or any boy does something stupid or offensive she will let them know. Remember how she put Steve in his place one time?”

 T’challa chuckled at that memory. Poor Steve was just trying to be a gentlemen not realizing that it came across as patronizing and Shuri chewed him out big time. “I just don’t want her to get hurt…to make rash decisions that could effect her life because she is feeling something new.”

 “She won’t. She is way more logical and practical than you or I. Unlike us, she won’t jump into anything without analyzing it to death.”

 T’challa looked at his husband and cupped his cheek. “I never regret that night together. I know we took things fast but…”

 “It was right. We needed it…I needed it…you needed it…Okoye, Bast rest her soul, was so glad we stopped dancing around each other.” Everett said softly but with a chuckle. “Trust her T’challa, your mother raised her and you well. She has had a lot of great female role models and you.”

 “Just…what if she makes a mistake.”

 “Then she does…but she’ll have a place to come home to that will heal her. Like you, she may need to learn from her mistakes. Sometimes they are the best teacher.” Everett said simply as T’challa sighed.

 “What would I do without you Everett?”

 “Hold on while I get the datapad with the list I made.” Everett said cheekily pretending to move when T’challa gently tackled him on the bed.

 “Forget I asked.”

 “And how pray tell will you make me forget?” Everett asked looking up into those gorgeous brown eyes.

 “Let me show you my love.” T’challa purred kissing Everett passionately.

 

“Okay Tony you can do this. You are an adult and that handsome Jedi you almost kissed today encouraged this.” Tony thought to himself as he stood in front of the door that led to the makeshift hanger/workshop/living quarters of Steve and Bucky. Taking a deep breath, Tony knocked on the door. He heard a muffled response and a soft curse before footsteps were approaching the door.

 “Tony?” Steve asked face flushed with his hair and clothes disheveled.

 “Oh uh…is this a bad time.”

 “Yes. If this revenge for earlier when Steve…”

 “Bucky. It’s all right. What’s up Tony.”

 “Can we talk?” Tony asked looking up into those crystal blue eyes that he one time fell in love with. Looking at them now, all he could think about was a certain blue eyed Jedi meditating somewhere or doing whatever it is Jedi do when not training.

 “Yeah, I’ll be back Bucky.” Steve called closing the door before Bucky could protest. “Come on, I know place we can talk in private.”

 Tony let Steve lead the way towards a cliff that overlooked the ocean. The sun was starting to set, painting the ocean in colors of red, gold, and purple. He saw Strange down on the beach with Maribel who was screaming in pure joy as waves crashed around her feet.

 Tony watched Strange splash her then run off as Maribel ran after him laughing, Razor hot on her heels. “You know this the first time I have seen her truly happy.” Tony commented as Steve looked at him.

 “I can’t imagine what she went through.”

 “No you can’t…no one can…what either one went through.”

 “I take it they were the only survivors of…”

 “Yes. Stephen was only able to save her…both had to watch the others fall. Children her age and his current apprentice.”

 “Damn.” Steve said softly as Tony looked at him.

 “Bucky’s been an influence on you. I remember a Steve who would blush at harsh language.”

 “I’ve changed a lot since then.”

 “So have I.”

 “Tony look…”

 “Yes?”

 “What I did back then…to you…to Bucky…wasn’t fair.”

 “No it wasn’t. You hurt me Steve. If I had known you loved someone else I would have let you go.”

 “I know. I guess I didn’t know what I wanted.”

 “You seemed pretty clear on that night.” Tony said harshly as Steve sighed and sat down. “You never even apologized.”

 “You never gave me a chance. You left before I could.”

 “You didn’t even think to apologize when I caught you?”

 “Apologizing was the last thing on my mind then…first was trying to stop you.”

 “You could have caught up to me Steve…I didn’t leave that night.” Tony said bitterly as Steve looked out over the sea.

 “Bucky advised me it was best to let you cool down. To talk with you in the morning. I wanted to go to you…to explain my behavior but he convinced me otherwise. Even if I had Tony, gone to you that night, would you have listened?”

 “No…probably not. I probably would have thrown your ass out the window.” Tony admitted as Steve gave a rueful chuckle.

 “And I would have deserved it.”

 “I guess…just…why Steve? Why did you cheat on me? I thought you were better than that.” Tony said softly sitting down looking at the other man.

 “I don’t know Tony. It all happened so fast…the minute I saw him…I felt something but I was so confused because I still felt something for you. I know that doesn’t make it better but it just happened.”

 “No it doesn’t. Steve…you hurt me. You really did. I trusted you…gave you my heart…I thought I actually meant something to you.”

 “You did Tony! When we were together I was happy…I…”

 “He just made you happier. Two months with him trumped 2 years together…wow. Tell me…the time I caught you…was that the first time you two were…intimate? In those two months that you knew him…” Steve looked down not giving an answer. Tony scoffed then chuckled bitterly. “How long were you with him while we were together?”

 “Tony…that’s not…”

 “How. Long.” Tony demanded firmly glaring at Steve.

 “We first kissed two weeks after meeting…it just happened…a week later was when…”

 “So practically for a month you were sleeping with us both.” Tony whispered as Steve just nodded.

 “I am sorry Tony…I kept telling myself I would end it with one of you…kept telling Bucky I would tell you…” when Steve stopped.

 Tony narrowed his eyes saying “I’m sorry what?”

 Steve cursed softly under his breath. “Alright fine you want to know all the dirty details then here it is! Yes two weeks into meeting Bucky we kissed. A week later we had sex. And fuck it was wonderful! I took him right there on the hanger floor. We continued doing that…he kept asking me to dump you…I kept saying I would…but when I saw you Tony…when I would leave him and go to you…I couldn’t. I’m sorry…I couldn’t. I…”

 “You thought you could keep us both is that it? How did Bucky feel being the mistress.”

 “Honestly Tony? The mistress at that point was you. The minute I fucked Bucky…I couldn’t have you again.”

 Tony just sat there taking in this information. “I was an idiot…I had a feeling but ignored it…thought how could Steve Rogers…that kind man…treat someone like shit.”

 “Tony…”

 “I swear to god if you apologize I will push you off this cliff! Me the mistress! Two years! TWO FUCKING YEARS! I gave you everything Steve Rogers! I gave you my fucking virginity in regards to male relationships and I became the mistress!” Tony shouted standing as Steve just sat there looking out at the ocean.

 “I know…I regret it…”

 “Really? What do you regret Steve?”

 “Not telling you sooner.” Steve said simply as Tony felt as if he was punched in the stomach.

 “So you regret not tell me sooner…not actually the act of the cheating…the act of leading me on thinking it was me who had the problem of why you wouldn’t touch me…make love to me…”

 “Yes. I don’t regret what I did with Bucky. I just regret not ending things sooner with you.” Steve confirmed staring out at the ocean.

 “You know what this was a bad idea. Shouldn’t have listened to Stephen.”

 “You asked Tony. You asked me to tell you and by God above I will not lie to you any longer.” Steve said also standing.

 “Tell me Steve…those two years together…did they mean anything?”

 “Yes. But Bucky…he just meant more. I’m sorry…but…”

 “Just shut up!”

 “I am just telling you everything. Isn’t that what you wanted? The truth? The closure? Well there you go! Everything in a nutshell. I realized I loved, love, Bucky Barnes more than I ever loved or would love you. But hey you bounce back real good, got yourself a nice Jedi to play with.” Steve said with a sneer looking down at Strange and Maribel, arms crossed over his chest.

 Tony looked at Steve and said “Fuck you Steve Rogers. At least Stephen Strange is a kind trustworthy man who is not afraid to express his true emotions!” With that Tony turned and stormed down the path as Steve watched then lowering his arms sighed.

 Tony glanced back up at the cliff seeing Steve standing there and growled. That went just about as well as he thought, well actually it went worst than he thought. Tony wiped away some stray tears and took a deep breath.

 “Tony?”

 “Mr. Tony are you all right?”

 Tony turned and saw Strange walking over with Maribel and Razor. “Uh yeah, all good. I’m going to turn in for the night. I…”

 Strange just gave Tony an understanding look. “Have a good night then Tony…if you need anything you know where I stay.”

 “Thanks Jedi.” Tony said with a smile as Strange glanced up at the cliff seeing Steve walk down.

 “Mr. Tony! I’ll walk with you. I am tired to.” Maribel said leaving Strange and taking Tony’s hand.

 “I would be honored to escort you my lady.” Tony said with a smile as Maribel giggled.

 Strange smiled watching the sight when he felt a presence next to him. He glanced over seeing Steve standing there also watching Tony.

 “Don’t hurt him Jedi. He’s been through enough.”

 “Considering his current state…I’ll say.” Strange said with a scoff walking off when Steve grabbed his wrist.

 “Jedi…Stephen…please…”

 “Don’t worry, unlike you I know a good thing when I have it.” Strange spat yanking his wrist from Steve’s hold.

 “There was a time I did love him…I think our talk though…shouldn’t have happened…did more harm than good…just…treat him well. He deserves it.” Steve added softly as Strange nodded.

 “I will. I think it would be best if you two just stay away from each other as much as possible.”

 “I agree.” Steve said softly looking at Strange.

 “Goodnight Steve.”

 “Goodnight Jedi.”

 

 “Huh they gave you pretty good digs here.” Tony said as Maribel eagerly wanted to show him her room. When they entered Razor immediately went to the bed and jumped on it, watching the two.

 “Yeah! I never had my own room or bed! It’s great! Nor this many outfits.” Maribel giggled opening the closet as Tony saw only three different outfits in it.

 “That’s…”

 “Right?! I am like royalty with these many outfits!” Maribel exclaimed as Tony couldn’t help but feel a mixture of sadness that Maribel thought 3 outfits was a lot and happiness that she was finally able to be a 5 year old. “Oh! I found this! I would like you to have it.” Maribel said handing Tony a small blue shell.

 “It’s gorgeous.”

 “I thought it looked liked my master’s eyes. So I wanted you to have it.” Maribel said simply as Tony blushed.

 “I may be 5 but I am very aware of people's energies. You and master’s energies mix beautifully and flair brightly when together. Padawan Wanda said that’s a sign that two people are meant to be. Peter and Shuri’s energies do the same…as do the other couples here.” Maribel explained as she sat on her bed.

 “You are an odd girl Maribel.”

 “I’m a Jedi. It’s in our job description…at least that is what master says.”

 Tony just smiled and closed his hand around the shell. “Your master is a very wise man.”

 “I know right! I am so lucky to have him…as are you. He’s also lucky to have you. Steve was a dum dum for hurting you.”

 Tony laughed and hugged Maribel kissing the top of her head. “You are just too much. Alright go get washed up and get some sleep. Hopefully we’ll be on our way soon to that planet.”

 “I hope so. Thank you Mr. Tony for everything.”

 “Don’t thank me yet kid. Thank me once we set foot on that planet’s surface.” Tony said as Maribel nodded.

 Tony left and closed the door, opening his hand again to see the shell. The blue seemed to turn different shades when in the light…just like Strange’s eyes. Tony sighed and walking to his room entered it, turning on the lights as he prepared himself for bed.

 He finished his shower and dressing, trying to forget the conversation with Steve. As hurtful as it was…it oddly made him feel better. Made him finally realize what an asshole Steve was and how better off he is without him. “Huh…who knew Stephen was right.” Tony thought when some movement outside his window caught his eye. He walked to the window and saw Strange back in the courtyard.

 This time he wore what looked like a soft white tunic with matching pants and was barefoot. Tony leaned against the window frame of the open window watching Strange practice the same moves from earlier, except this time with no saber and much slower.

 “Good lord how many times does this guy practice?” Tony muttered feeling that all Strange ever did was train or meditate. Tony suddenly realized that that is probably what Strange only knew. He imagined his days in the Jedi temple consisted mostly of training like this, when he wasn’t on missions or doing other brave Jedi things.

 Poor guy probably doesn’t know what to do with himself with all this free time.” Tony thought sadden by this possible conclusion. He continued watching Strange train, mesmerized by the movements. Before he knew it, Strange was done and turning gave Tony a wink.

 Tony gasped and quickly ducked back into his room. “Shit!” Tony muttered wondering how long Strange knew Tony was spying on him. “First Peter, now Strange. You are turning into a real creeper Tony Stark.” Tony told himself with a sigh before closing his window.

 After turning off the lights, he climbed into his bed and touching the seashell that he place on the table next to him one last time, fell asleep with a smile on his face.

Chapter 17

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 “Look this is as good as we can do.” Bucky said wiping his hands on a grease stained towel. Tony looked over the ship and sighed. It had been at least 5 days since that conversation on the cliff, before Steve finally came to him to see the ship.

 “How far will it get us?”

 “It’ll get you to the planet Castilon. I know a guy there who may have another ship for you to use.” Steve said walking over when Tony froze.

 “Mr. Stark are you all right?”

 “Steve who is it that you know.”

 “Hmm? Oh his name is Thor Odinson.” Steve said simply grabbing a tool and welding something onto the ship.

 “Are you fucking kidding me!” Tony exclaimed as everyone looked at him.

 “No…I am not. Why?” Steve asked confused as Tony ran a hand through his hair.

 “My best friend is on that planet married to a Thor Odinson. Now unless there are two of them…then…”

 Bucky looked between the two and laughed.

 “Wait uncle Bruce is married to Mr. Rogers friend?” Peter asked as Tony pinched the bridge of his nose nodding.

 “Huh Thor never mentioned that.”

 “Nor did Bruce.” Tony admitted as Bucky snorted in laughter.

 “Yeah because surely they know of your history and wanted to stay out of it. Don’t say I blame them.” Bucky said as Tony and Steve knew the other man was right.

 “Wow…I didn’t know we were so close to uncle Bruce.” Peter said excitedly as Tony nodded. “Wait that means…Thor is my uncle by default.”

 “Yep.”

 “Nice! Two uncles!” Peter said with a grin as Steve chuckled.

 “Then you definitely know those two will help you get a ship.” Steve said as Tony nodded.

 “Yes. Thank you by the way…both of you for doing what you can with her.” Tony said softly as Steve just nodded while Bucky shrugged.

 “Don’t worry about it. It was something to do.” Bucky said setting the towel aside. “Just a few more minor tweaks and she should be ready to go.”

 Tony nodded and said “Good, I’ll uh let you get to it then.” Tony turned and left with Peter bounding behind him.

 They left the building as Peter ran off to find Shuri. Tony walked to the courtyard seeing Strange and Maribel doing their daily training. Two weeks they had been here on this planet with no danger in sight so far.

 Tony felt something was coming since it was just two nights ago that Maribel had a pretty large 'energy burst'. She had had a very bad nightmare which led to her lashing out and filling her room with bright pulsing purple light, or so Strange had said considering he was the only one that could see it. Even though no one but Strange could see the supposed color, it had enough substance to it that it caused all electrical systems in the compound to malfunction. Strange fortunately was able to shield himself with his own force and calm her down.

 Since then Strange had been working on a better way of calming her and processing her memories of Dantooine. While he was doing that, Tony had been monitoring the sky remembering the last time Maribel had an outburst it brought unwanted visitors. Since it had only been recent, he hoped that they would be able to leave before the Sith got here or even tracked the energy signature to this planet.

 Tony suddenly saw Peter and Shuri walking off and said “Hey where are you two going?”

 “Oh Shuri is going to show me this awesome cove! She says it’s a secret.” Peter said with a smile as Shuri nodded.

 “Hands above the waist.” Tony said as Peter blushed.

 “Mr. Stark! I…”

 “I was talking to her.” Tony said with a smirk as Shuri just winked at him.

 “Of course Mr. Stark, I will be nothing if not proper around this innocent lamb.” Shuri said with a smile as Tony nodded.

 “That’s all I ask.”

 “Stars above can we just go.” Peter cried burying his flushed face in his hands.

 “Go on kids, have fun. But not too much fun…oh you know what I mean.” Tony said waving them off as he walked to the courtyard.

 “Mr. Tony! Master and I are going to the beach! You should come with us!” Maribel said eagerly as Razor chirped excitedly next to her. Tony looked at the Nexu that now came up to Maribel’s waist. He hadn’t realized those things grew so fast but considering how big they got…he wasn’t surprised.

 When they reached the beach Maribel raced ahead laughing as Razor growled, chasing after her. Strange smiled and watched her play with the Nexu in the surf.

 “Aren’t you worried that thing will claw her or something?”

 “Nah, Razor imprinted on her. She won’t hurt her.” Strange said simply as Tony nodded.

 “So uh how is she doing?”

 “Good…I am hoping tonight she’ll be comfortable enough to sleep in her room. She said she would so here’s to hoping.” Strange said as Tony nodded. “How are you doing? I see you and Steve are having relatively civil conversations again…”

 “Better…”

 “You want to talk about it? You never did discuss what happened that night. Just stayed in your room for two days then finally emerged.” Strange said simply turning his face towards the sky.

 “Yeah…I was in a pretty bad state…but I am fine now.”

 “If you say so. If you need to…or want to…”

 “I was apparently the mistress. Can you believe that?! Two years with that man and after three weeks with that brown haired bubble head…I was the mistress.” Tony suddenly said as Strange just nodded.

 “I can’t imagine how that must have felt learning that information. The pain that realization caused.”

 “We were still together when he fucked Bucky…I should have seen the signs Stephen. It was after that moment he stopped touching me…sleeping with me…always claiming he was tired or had work to do or the room wasn’t comfortable enough…and I believed him. I didn’t question him…man was I  an idiot.”

 Strange stopped walking and grabbed Tony’s wrist turning him around. “Listen to me. You are not an idiot! You loved him…you didn’t want to think the man you gave everything to would hurt you like that…what you did…told yourself…is normal.”

 Strange took both of Tony’s hands in his and sighed. “He was an idiot for letting such a perfect man go. But I am glad he did…because then I couldn’t have you.”

 “Stephen…” Tony whispered as Strange moved closer to him.

 “Since I stumbled into your warehouse all those weeks ago…I knew there was something special about you. Knew why the Force led me to you. It knew how much we needed each other…at first platonically but now…now I am not so sure…being with you Tony…”

 Tony suddenly moved in and pressed a kissed to those lips he dreamed about since first meeting the Jedi. Strange froze at the press of lips when he felt them leave just as quickly as they came. He looked into those gorgeous brown eyes seeing them alight with joy and smiling cupped Tony’s face in his hand kissing him again. This time it was a firm passionate kiss. Tony threaded his hands through those curly locks, pulling Strange closer.

 When they parted, they kept their foreheads together, taking in each other breaths. “I’ve wanted to do that since that day in the courtyard.” Strange said breathlessly as Tony chuckled.

 “I wanted to do that after that night in my workshop.”

 Strange laughed and gently rubbed his nose against Tony’s. “I want this…whatever it is with you Tony…if you are ready that is.”

 “What of your Jedi vows and such…aren’t you suppose to be chaste or something?”

 “The old Jedi order is no more…even if it was…I never was very good at following all the vows.” Strange said as Tony laughed.

 “Didn’t take you for a rule breaker Jedi.”

 “Oh you’ll find I am not your conventional Jedi.”

 “Color me curious.”

 “Master! Mr. Tony! Come on! Kiss on your own time! I want to build a sand building that Mr. Everett told me about!” Maribel shouted as Tony and Strange turned seeing Maribel standing a few feet away from then, hands on her hips.

 “All right, all right.” Strange said with a chuckle as Tony kissed him on the cheek before taking off scooping Maribel up.

 “Mr. Tony!” Maribel squealed as Strange just walked over laughing.

 “Come on then, we better build that sand building before the tide comes in.” Strange said as he knelt down on the sand with Maribel and Tony next to him.

 

 Tony heard a knock on his door and looking up from his datapad said “Come in.”

 The door slid open as Strange entered wearing a soft blue short sleeved tunic, khaki pants, his Jedi belt sans lightsaber, and standard boots.

 “You going out?”

 “Yep and I was hoping you could join me. Everett agreed to watch Maribel tonight. Talked about roping Shuri and Peter in for a board game or two.”

 “Better not be Sarlacc. I taught Peter to kick ass in that game.” Tony said with smirk as Strange leaned against doorframe smiling.

 “I believe it. Come on, let’s go for a walk.”

 “Wasn’t the beach enough exercise for today?”

 “Hmm one can never have enough exercise. Plus I may have heard about a secret cove or something.”

 Tony rolled his eyes but set his datapad down. “It better not be the one Shuri took Peter too. That would just be awkward.”

 “Guess you’ll just have to see. Come on, we got some time before the sun sets.”

 “Going to woo me with a sunset Master Strange?” Tony asked putting on his shoes as Strange smiled.

 “Nope! Something better.” Strange said turning knowing that Tony was following him.

 They walked down the front of the compound seeing a speeder bike in front of them. “Just one?” Tony asked quirking an eyebrow as Strange shrugged.

 “According to Shuri that is all they have.” Strange said with a chuckle as Tony rolled his eyes.

 “Uh huh well then, better hold on Jedi…you ever drive one of these?” Tony asked hopping onto the bike as Strange handed him a helmet.

 “Um can’t say that I have.”

 “Then you are in for a treat. You just direct me where to go.” Tony said revving the engine as Strange climbed on behind the other man.

 “Just keep going North for now.” Strange said remembering the directions Shuri showed him. Thank the Force for his photographic memory.

 “All right sounds good.” Tony said pushing the handles forward as Strange gasped clinging tightly to Tony’s waist. Strange, finally getting use to the feeling, opened his eyes and watched the lush foliage zoom past them. “You all right back there Jedi?”

 “Yeah…a warning would have been nice before you started.”

 “What’s the fun in that though?” Tony shouted back as Strange just grinned and clung tighter to Tony.

 Tony smiled to himself loving the feeling of those strong arms around his waist and chest clinging for dear life. Tony wondered if he would feel those arms clinging onto him for other reasons. Tony felt his cock twitch at the thought but quickly dismissed it. He glanced down at the navigator and saw that they were still heading North.

 “In 4 miles turn East.” Strange called out as Tony nodded showing that he heard. 30 minutes later Strange told him stop. Tony cut the speeder bike off after coming to a stop removing his helmet. He looked around seeing trees surrounding them as the sun started to set.

 “Now what? Not exactly what I was envisioning.”

 “Now we walk.” Strange said with a smile taking Tony’s hand. He led the other man through the forest on a faded trail.

 “You better not be planning anything Jedi.” Tony joked realizing that this would be a great place for some not so romantic activities.

 “Nothing you won’t like.” Strange said with smirk when he stopped and turning added “We’re here. Close your eyes.”

 Tony just looked at him then tried to peer over the taller man’s shoulder. "Damn height different.” Tony thought realizing that he couldn’t quite accomplish the act.

 “Trust me?” Strange asked gently as Tony looked into those gorgeous blue eyes.

 “Always.” Tony said softly as he closed his eyes and let the Jedi guide him. Tony felt the space open and wondered where this Jedi was taking him. He couldn’t hear any ocean so it wasn’t the beach or a cove. Was there anything else here on this planet?

 He felt Strange position him then felt Strange’s hand leave his. “Just stay.” Strange whispered from behind the other man. Tony stood there eyes still closed hearing the sounds of nature and the steady breathing of the Jedi.

 “Stephen?” Tony asked when he felt two arms around his waist.

 “Open your eyes Tony.” Strange whispered against his ear as Tony shuddered and did so. When he opened his eyes he saw a sight he was not expecting. In front of him was a large chasm that seemed to glitter with rainbow light. He gasped seeing the full moon rising, causing the glittering to become brighter and shift into a bunch of other colors.

 “Oh Stephen…it’s beautiful…” Tony exclaimed softly as Strange smiled.

 “Apparently this place was once known for its crystals and mining. After the attack during the Clone Wars…it was abandoned. Not enough people or resources to mine any more. So the crystals just stay here…I think this is better than any sunset no?”

 “Damn better…I never knew these existed here…this place did…”

“Not many do…especially off worlders. Shuri told me about this place. This was where her father took her mother on their first date.” Strange explained as Tony nodded watching the light from the crystals seem to dance and change intensity along with hue.

 “This is…thank you Stephen.”

 “Only the best for you, Tony Stark.” Strange said kissing the shorter man’s cheek.

 Strange let Tony go and sat down on the soft grass. It was honestly the softest grass he had ever felt in all of his travels. Tony joined him as they laid back and watched the stars that seemed to rival the crystals. “To think out among those stars could be planet that could hold refuge for my people.” Strange said softly as Tony nodded.

 “I will get you there Stephen…I promise. This was just a minor set back…”

 “Thank you Tony…for doing this…for risking everything to take Maribel and I somewhere safe.”

 “It’s the right thing to do. What you two experienced, what your kind went through…you deserve to be somewhere safe.” Tony said taking the other man’s hand.

 Strange turned his head just as Tony did the same. Tony couldn’t help the small gasp that came from him at the way the Jedi’s eyes seemed to sparkle and glimmer like the crystals. “You Stephen Strange are the most gorgeous man I have laid on eyes.” Tony said instantly grinning when he saw the Jedi blush. “And trust me…I have been to many places and seen many men before settling on Corellia.”

 “I…uh…not too bad yourself Tony.” Strange said lamely as Tony sat up with a playful look of shock.

 “I am fucking perfect Stephen Strange how dare you say that.”

 Strange rolled his eyes laughing as Tony couldn’t help but join in. Strange also sat up and shifted so that he was facing Tony and sighed happily. He cupped Tony’s cheek saying “You are an amazing man Tony Stark.”

 “Eh it’s not ‘sorry’ but I’ll accept it.” Tony said cheekily as Strange shoved him.

 “You are incorrigible.” Strange said with a laugh standing up.

 “Aw you love it. Where you going gorgeous?”

 “Maybe fine someone more humble.” Strange called back taking off in a run as Tony laughed.

 “Don’t think so Jedi!” Tony shouted running after him laughing.

 They ran along the chasm to an open field as Tony tried to keep up with the Jedi. Closing in, Tony lunged forward tackling the Jedi as they rolled down an incline to soft grass below. Strange grunted as he landed on his back and Tony on top of him. “Shit are you okay?” Tony asked afraid he may have actually hurt the Jedi when Strange just laughed.

 “I am fine you klutz.” Strange said affectionately nuzzling his cheek.

 Tony snorted at the commented but leaned into the action. He looked down, once again losing himself in those gorgeous eyes. He leaned down just as Strange lifted his head mashing their lips together. Tony deepened the kiss running his hands through that soft dark brown hair with odd clumps of silver by the temples.

 Strange wrapped his arms around Tony’s back pulling the shorter man flush against him. Tony felt those ridiculously long legs and arms wrap around him and moaned into the kiss. Strange gladly opened his lips letting their tongues touch. After a few more minutes of kissing Tony broke it and started kissing that long elegant neck. Strange gasped and tilted his head back and to the side to give Tony more space.

 “Fuck even your neck is gorgeous. Is there anything about you that isn’t amazing?”

 “Not the last time I checked.” Strange responded in a breathless voice as Tony chuckled lavishing that prominent collar bone with kisses.

 “Now who is full of themselves. Maybe I should try and find someone more humble.”

 Suddenly Tony let out a squeak, which he would deny later, as Strange rolled them over. “After you caught me? Granted it wasn’t exactly fair and square.”

 “Well you did get a head start babe.” Tony countered as Strange just laughed. He leaned down and kissed Tony sweetly.

 “You truly are amazing. In all seriousness.”

 “Same to you Stephen…now then what say you and I hop back on that speeder and uh…continue this somewhere softer and indoors.” Tony said in a husky voice hoping he wasn’t pushing Strange too far too fast.

 “That sounds perfect.” Strange whispered as he stood up and held out his hand. Tony took it and together they headed back to the speeder bike.

Notes:

The moment you all have been waiting. Ironstrange is a go! Sexy times in the next chapter.

Chapter 18

Notes:

The moment you all have been waiting for! Some Ironstrange loving!

Chapter Text

 As they rode back to the compound, Strange couldn’t help but place gentle kisses to the back of Tony’s neck loving the effect it had on the other man. Tony gripped the handlebars tighter and willed the bike to go faster. He seriously needed to get this Jedi into his bed and undressed like right now. Finally they reached the compound as Tony shut the bike down and eagerly climbed off dragging Strange behind him. Strange followed willingly removing his helmet and tossing somewhere behind him as Tony did the same.

 When they entered the lift, Tony pinned Strange to the wall and kissed him passionately. Strange moaned into the kiss wrapping one leg around the other man’s waist. They reluctantly pulled apart when they heard the ding of the lift indicating they were at their floor. The door opened as Tony pulled Strange out and towards his room. Strange pushed Tony against the door attacking his neck as Tony groaned and fumbled for the panel that would allow him entrance. He kept missing it, too caught up in the kisses Strange was lavishing his neck with, when finally his flailing hand found it.

 They stumbled into the room as the door closed behind them. Strange let Tony go as the two quickly started removing their clothes. They came back together after removing their boots, shirts, socks, and pants. Tony pushed Strange back as he landed on the bed looking up at Tony with heat filled eyes.

 “Better than any fantasy I’ve had of you.” Tony admitted crawling onto the bed and over Strange.

 “Hmm and what pray tell are these fantasies?” Strange asked in a purr as he gladly parted his legs for the other man.

 “Mostly me fucking you in different positions or vice versa. I'm not picky.” Tony shared simply as Strange bit his bottom lip and groaned.

 “Yes please.” Strange gasped out as Tony chuckled and kissed that well toned chest in front of him.

 “You ever do this before Stephen?”

 “Hmm? No. Not anything this intimate. There was a guy in my younger days who I gave a hand job too and he a blow job to me after a mission.” Strange admitted blushing as Tony beamed.

 “So I get to pop your cherry! This night just keeps getting better.” Tony said with a grin as Strange rolled his eyes.

 “Yes, yes, can we just get on with it?”

 “Humph knew would be a bossy bottom. Hang on let me get some things.” Tony said leaving the bed and rummaging through his bag.

 Strange sighed and started removing his underwear. “Ah ah that’s my job Jedi.” Tony admonished playfully returning with a vial of what was presumably lube.

 “Then I would hurry, it’s getting kind of tight in there.” Strange said with a husky voice rubbing his clothed cock as Tony chuckled.

 He kissed Strange passionately setting the lube to the side and pushing Strange back against the covers. They kissed slowly and deeply as Strange felt Tony’s hands at his waist. They parted and looked at each other as Strange just smiled. Tony returned it and kissing him, slid down the last article of clothing on his beloved Jedi. Strange gasped as the cool air hit his heated skin. Tony kissed Strange’s neck tossing the underwear aside and taking the Jedi’s hands placed them on his waist. Together they removed Tony’s underwear until finally they were naked against each other. Tony sat back and ran his hands down the well toned chest in front of him seeing the occasional faint scar.

 He traced one that was noticeable on his abdomen. He saw it started from the left side rib and traveled down across his bellybutton to where the thigh met pelvis. Strange let out shuddering breath as Tony looked up at him. “Stephen…”

 “Please just…move on…later…” Strange said tightly as Tony nodded and leaning down kissed the middle of it. He continued kissing further down before pulling back and looking at his Jedi once again. “Fuck you are gorgeous…” Tony murmured running his finger along the long cock.

 “Right back at you…” Strange said breathlessly seeing nothing but tan skin over muscles that were way more defined and bigger than his. It was the body of a man who worked all day on machines, lifting parts and using tools. Tony just grinned and gently stroked his cock. He noticed where Strange's cock was longer, he had a bit more girth. He leaned down and kissed the head of that perfect cock before running his lips down to the equally perfect balls.

 Strange gasped and arched his back gripping the comforter tightly. “Tony…” he moaned as Tony just hummed in response. Strange flung his head back feeling those lips and that wonderful goatee trace the inside of his thigh. Strange felt his legs part more for the other man who took them and rested them on his shoulders. Strange gasped, opening his eyes when he saw Tony give him a wink before disappearing between his thighs.

 Strange cried out feeling the other man’s tongue running over his hole. “By the Force!” Strange moaned as Tony looked up.

 “Isn’t that like blasphemy or something?”

 “Shut up and get back down there.” Strange growled as Tony gave him a salute and returned. Tony went to town on that gorgeous small pucker excited to be the first one entering it…hopefully the last. “Tony please…more…” Strange pleaded as Tony grabbed the vial of lube.

 He opened it and put some on his fingers saying “Alright darling this may burn a bit but I promise it’ll get better.” Strange was about to respond when he winced and whimpered at the intrusion. “I need you to relax for me. Tensing will make it worse.” Tony explained kissing the calf by his head. Strange nodded and took a deep breath as Tony lowered those luscious legs back down and crawled back over the body under him.

 “Maybe this will help.” Tony whispered as he kissed Strange’s neck with open mouth kisses while moving his finger in and out. He felt Strange relax immensely and chuckled. Tony kissed up that neck to the other man’s jaw, chin, cheek, nose and finally lips. Strange moaned into the kiss, opening his mouth, and wrapping his arms around Tony’s back. Tony kept the Jedi’s mouth occupied as he inserted a second finger. He felt Strange tense and said “Shh it’s all right, relax Jedi…I got you.” Strange nodded and went back to kissing Tony who used his other hand to make gentle motions on his hip.

 Strange found those motions on his hip soothing and felt himself relax further. “There we go. Good. Going to add in a third okay?” Strange nodded when he cried out and gripped Tony tight with his arms and legs. “I got you babe, doing so good.” Tony cooed softly running his free hand through those sweaty locks. Strange suddenly let out a sharp gasp and arched tightly against Tony who just laughed. “Found it. See that makes it all worth it.”

 “Fuck…again!” Strange panted as Tony just grinned.

 “You got it babe.” Tony kissed Strange again feeling the other man starting to ride his fingers. Tony allowed his fingers to graze that prostate on every third or fourth thrust feeling the man getting riled up.

 “Tony so close…” Strange said softly feeling that familiar warmth in his gut.

 “Not yet.” Tony ordered and pulled out his fingers. He grabbed the vial and scooped out more of the liquid stroking his cock. Strange watched the motion lustily wanting that cock in him. “Now this will probably hurt some. Bigger than fingers but we’ll go slow…you tell me the instant you want to stop okay?” Strange nodded as Tony once again slotted himself between those tone legs. He gently canted Strange’s hips some. “Keep them like that if you can.”

 Strange did so as Tony took the Jedi's hand in his clean one while he used his other one to guide himself into that tight hole. Tony felt Strange’s hand grip his tight as he looked up seeing those eyes closed tightly. “Stephen talk to me.”

 “It’s just…keep going…” Strange said as Tony nodded and continued to do so. After the initial breach, Tony gave a gentle shallow thrust watching his cock go further inside the Jedi. “Doing so good. Just a little bit more my love.” Tony praised once again making soothing motions on Strange’s hip. Finally, Tony was in and could feel those firm butt cheeks against his pelvis. Tony let out a shuddering breath and smiling leaned over Strange. “You did it. You took all of me. How does it feel?”

 “So full…good…can you move?”

 “You bet I can.” Tony whispered against those lips as he started a slow thrusting motion. Strange tangled his fingers in Tony’s hair pulling him down for a kiss. Tony eagerly kissed those plush lips allowing his body to full rest on Strange’s. Strange sighed into the kiss loving the feeling of Tony’s body on his. They were sweaty enough that their chests moved easily against each other, stimulating each other’s nipples. Strange wrapped his legs around that narrow waist while his arms and fingers traveled down that muscled back. He could feel each muscle and vertebrae move under his fingers and loved it.

 Tony’s pace quickened some as he left those lips for that long neck. He kissed and mouthed it, before biting down. Strange gasped and arched up, digging his fingers into that back. “Tony! Please…faster…more.” Strange begged as Tony just nodded and with a grunt did just that.

 Strange flung his head back crying out loudly as Tony hit his prostate straight on. “Yes! Let me hear you Jedi!”

 “Tony! There! Don’t stop!” Strange said between gasps and moans as Tony shook his head.

 “Never! You are mine Jedi. You will always be mine.” Tony growled once again biting that neck as Strange just nodded.

 “Tony…oh Tony…I am so close…please…”

 “I know…I can feel it. I am too. Come for me Stephen…let me feel you spill between us before I spill deep inside you.” Tony said in a gravelly voice that made Strange shiver and cant his hips up further. They continued moving together, kissing, when finally Strange again flung his head back and came hard. Tony gasped at the tightness around his cock and the warmth between their bodies.

 “Fuck Stephen…beautiful…you ready? Oh fuck…” Tony groaned as he slammed forward three times before coming hard on the fourth. He grunted into Strange’s neck as he came gripping that lithe waist tight. Strange cried out coming again feeling his body tightened immensely around Tony. He clung to Tony gasping, feeling tears roll down his cheeks, as warmth filled him. It was amazing, euphoric even. He never felt like this before, not even when he finally was one with the Illum Caves and made his lightsaber.

 Tony felt his lover’s legs and arms tighten around his body welcoming it. He gave small thrusts as he emptied inside his lover before collapsing against that heaving chest. After a few moments he felt those long limbs loosen and fall to the side as Tony lifted himself up some to look at the Jedi. “Stephen?” Tony asked when he saw tears. “Shit! Are you okay? Did I hurt you?” Tony instantly made to move when he felt two hands grab his biceps.

 “Don’t…move. Please…” Strange whispered as Tony nodded. He moved to rest on his elbows watching the other man below him. He gently brushed back sweaty strands of hair.

 “Stephen?”

 “That was…fucking amazing…Force Tony…” Strange finally said as Tony chuckled.

 “Good I am glad. Everyone’s first time should be like that.” Tony said gently kissing his lover softly.

 Tony gently pulled out as Strange let out a soft cry. Tony looked down, seeing his release oozing out and Strange's hole puffy and red but no blood. He kissed Strange's shoulder and moved to get up.

 “Tony? Where you going?" Strange asked in a soft voice that was laced with fear.

 “Just to get something to clean you up with babe. I'll be right back. I am not leaving you for long." Tony said getting up and walking to the bathroom. He grabbed a towel and wetting it, wiped down his stomach and cock before heading back to his lover.   “I'm back darling. Let's get you cleaned up." Tony said softly when he turned and walked back to Strange who was now resting on his side.

Strange felt Tony climb back into bed and start cleaning him in gentle motions. Strange let out a content sound, basking in the afterglow, before feeling himself slowly start to fall into the all familiar trance before sleep.

 Tony gently cleaned Strange’s stomach first before gently parting those firm cheeks. He gently cleaned the area, making sure to be gentle and get his Jedi nice and clean. Pleased with his clean up job, he tossed the soiled cloth aside and snuggled up behind Strange. He pulled the blanket over them and wrapped his arm around Strange’s waist while laying on his other one. He once again felt that scar against his fingers and kissed the shoulder closest to him.

 “You still awake?” Tony laid there waiting for a response when all he got was even breathing. Tony chuckled and nuzzling the back of Strange’s neck said “Fuck yeah still got it. Good night Stephen…sleep well my love.”

Chapter Text

 Strange knew he was dreaming. There was no way he was back on Dantooine but yet he was…it felt real. “I’m dreaming aren’t I.” He says feeling a familiar presence next to him.

 “You are.”

 “Wanda…I’m sorry…”

 “Shh you did what I asked.”

 “I only saved one…I couldn’t…”

 “You saved her. You know she is special.”

 “I should have saved them all.” Strange said turning to the red haired Jedi that stood next to him.

 “You did what you could. We did what we could.” Wanda said gently placing her hand on Strange’s cheek.

 “You didn’t deserve that death.” Strange whispered placing his hands on hers.

 “It was the will of the Force.” Strange closed his eyes when he heard the laughter of children and opening them turned seeing the Dragonfly Clan running around and playing. He saw Maribel splashing in a stream with two others.

 “Were their deaths the will of the Force?” Strange spat as Wanda sighed.

 “Who knows. But what I do know is that you can’t focus on the past master. You need to let it go…let us go. You need to get Maribel safe…you need to get to Bogano. It is a refuge…you will be safe there.”

 “How do we even know that place is a refuge? It could be a trap.”

 “It is. You know it is…you need to trust in the Force master. It will guide you. Like you guided me.” Wanda said with a smile as Strange looked into his late padawan’s eyes.

 “I’m sorry…”

 “If it will make you feel better I forgive you.” Wanda said with a chuckle as Strange returned it. “Now go. It is time for you leave this place. There is nothing left for you here.” He felt someone take his hand and looking down saw it was Maribel.

 “Let’s go master. I am ready.”

 Strange nodded and looked a Wanda. “I will never forget you Wanda.”

 “I know. Now get to the refuge master Strange. Keep her safe…do it for me. For our fallen brothers and sisters. Make a place for those who have survived. There are many out there.”

 “I will.” Strange said hugging Wanda when suddenly she disappeared as did the rest.

 

 Strange opened his eyes feeling wetness on his cheeks and lifted his trembling hand. He touched his cheek realizing that he was crying. He heard soft breathing next to him and looking over saw Tony on his back, sprawled, snoring softly. Strange kissed Tony’s forehead before getting up wincing at the slight pain. He grabbed his pants forgoing his shirt and walked to the window. It was still dark out. He thought about his dream and grabbing a shirt, decided to head down to the courtyard to meditate. He didn’t feel sleep would come to him any time soon.

 He left the room and walked down the hall quietly as not to disturb the others. He finally reached the bottom level and walked out to the courtyard he and Maribel trained so many times in. He heard the waves crashing against the shore and felt the call of the ocean. He walked to the beach and sat down. Lights from the compound lit up the area faintly but he still stared out at the dark vastness of the water. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes and let his mind empty. He felt at peace when suddenly his mind and thoughts took a dark turn.

 He saw those Sith Lords from Corellia, he saw a broad shouldered, tall, purple skin humanoid creature wearing the traditional clothing of the Imperial Moffs. He heard screaming, Maribel screaming as she was forced onto an altar of sorts with the Sith and that purple skinned Moff standing around her. He saw bodies all around…bodies of people he knew…Tony, Peter, T’Challa, Steve, Bucky…blood everywhere as he watched the life leave Maribel’s green eyes. He heard himself shouting out, but was silenced when that female Sith ran her sword through him, grinning evilly. “Moff Thanos will have his power…you can’t hide anymore Jedi.” The woman said as Strange felt himself fall, crying out one last time.

 Strange suddenly opened his eyes, crying out, and in a fluid motion jumped up, lifting his hand to the presence behind him. He saw Everett floating in the air eyes wide. “At ease Jedi! I mean you no harm.”

 Strange met those blue eyes and realizing what he had done, gently lowered Everett back to the beach. “Fuck, I am so sorry…are you okay?” He helped the other man up as Everett just nodded.

 “I’m fine. I think. That was uh…an interesting experience.” Everett said rubbing the back of his head.

 “You should know better than to sneak up on a Jedi. You are lucky I didn’t have my lightsaber with me. That could’ve been bad.”

 “Well I did call your name for your information. You seemed to be in pain, suffering. Didn’t seem like a peaceful meditation.” Everett advised walking over to the other man.

 “It wasn’t one of my better sessions.”

 “Does that happen often?”

 “No…usually when it does it is a warning. The Force is trying to tell you something.”

 “And what was the Force telling you?”

 “I…I am not sure yet. What are you doing out here?” Strange asked as Everett sat down.

 “Couldn’t sleep. When I can’t sleep I walk to the beach. Reminds me of home.”

 “Where is home?”

 “Naboo. Born and raised there. Lived in a small house on the shore with my mom.” Everett said wistfully as Strange sat next to him.

 “How did you end up here?”

 “You do crazy things when you are in love. T’Challa came to Naboo to visit the queen. He was prince of Chandrila at the time. I was a soldier in the royal guard.

 “You defended the queen of Naboo?”

 “Yep. Her and her handmaidens. I came in after Amidala left. T’Chaka, king at the time and T’Challa’s father, came to finalize the allegiance between the two planets. I remember when I first set eyes on T’Challa. I never was one for love at first sight but damn I had it bad.” Everett said with a giggle running a hand through his hair.

 Strange chuckled at this knowing that he probably wasn’t any better with Tony. While it wasn’t love at first sight per se, there was definitely a connection…a bond that formed rather quickly.

 “Anyways long story short, T’Challa and I fought a threat together and well…I couldn’t leave his side. My mom wanted me to be happy and the queen had plenty of other royal guards. So I left with him. Yeah it may have been foolish but it felt right you know.”

 “Did his father approve?”

 “His father saw I was a good match for his son and that I would do anything to protect him. T’Chaka, Bast rest his soul, saw I made his son happy. That was all he cared about. So T’Challa and I came back to Chandrila and decided to wed. It was great until well…all this happened.”

 “Yeah…I am impressed though. I mean this place…this refugee camp you made.”

 “It’s nothing like the Golden City but it’s safe and easily defendable. This compound was originally used as a safe house but after the fall of the Golden City, we fled here. Now it’s an outpost for travelers who need a safe place to rest. Not too many people stay here long term, but those that do are ones from the Golden City.”

 “I was wondering about that…not very crowded…how many refugees do you have currently?”

 “About 20 I think. The threat of the Empire looms over this planet so many try to flee the planet. It is only a manner of time before they try to occupy it. They tried once and we fought back…but it left us…” Everett looked down and sighed. “We won’t survive another attack. If the Empire comes back…we’ll fall and that will be one less safe place for those pursued by them.” Everett said glancing at Strange who nodded.

 “I fear…we may have placed your people in danger then.” Strange said softly looking up at the sky.

 “You mean the energy spike from Maribel?”

 “Yes. Any Sith nearby…on the planet or even in space…would feel it. The spike in the Force…one that the Sith who shot us down had memorized no doubt.”

 “Well they haven’t come yet, so maybe…”

 “The sooner we leave the better but even then…I am worried…we leave and they come it will not be good. I am so sorry.” Strange said sadly looking at Everett who just looked at him.

 “Huh well the risks of doing what we do no? Look if that happens don’t worry…we’ll figure it out.” Everett said with a smile placing a hand on Strange’s shoulder.

 “I just hate to think that Maribel and I disrupted another life because of our fleeing. Tony and Peter…possibly you guys…”

 “Hey! Stop it. We all decided to help you. We could have turned you away, Tony could have reported you then and there to the clone troopers. But we didn’t and he didn’t because what you and that little one went through is wrong. In my 34 years of life I have never met a Jedi that is what the media portrays them as. T’Challa knew the risks taking you in but he would never send someone away that needed help. That isn’t who he is…that is why his people…why I… love him. If shit hits the fan and we have to leave this planet…so be it. T’Challa knew this was a possibility. He knew it was a risk. So don’t go blaming yourself for whatever may happen. No one forced us to do anything.”

 “Thank you Everett…I truly mean it. Thank you and your husband for allowing us to stay here.” Strange said sincerely as Everett nodded and gave Strange’s shoulder a comforting squeeze.

 After about 45 more minutes of sitting and talking on the beach, Strange and Everett parted ways on the residential floor. Strange went to Tony’s room and entered it seeing his lover in the same position when he left. Strange removed his clothes and rinsed off really quick in the fresher before climbing back into bed.

 He snuggled close to Tony who snuffled some and wrap his arm around Strange’s back. “Why do you smell like an ocean?” Tony mumbled sleepily as Strange chuckled.

 “I took a walk on the beach.”

 Tony opened his eyes and shifting said “You all right?”

 “I am fine now. Just dreams and a bad meditation session.”

 “Want to talk about it?”

 “Not really…I just want to be held and cuddled right now.” Strange said in a soft voice as Tony nodded.

 “I can do that. If you need to talk though I am here.”

 “I know. Thank you.” Strange said with a smile as Tony kissed his head.

 “Get some sleep, I think tomorrow we should be good to go. Get you to your planet.”

 “Good.” Strange said allowing himself to fall into a meditative trance as Tony felt himself lulled once again to sleep by his partner’s breathing.

Chapter 20

Notes:

I apologize for this chapter being late...there will be another one later today. Enjoy!

Chapter Text

When Tony awoke the next morning, it was with a smile and stretch. He couldn’t remember the last time he slept so well. He heard breathing next to him and turning saw his Jedi still passed out. Tony brushed some of Strange’s hair off his forehead studying his lover. He gently ran his finger along the gray clumps at his temples realizing that it was gray only there and no where else. He then gently stroked those gorgeous high cheek bones and finally those plush cupid bow lips framed by well kept facial hair that rivaled his own.

 Strange made a soft noise and rolled over laying on his back. Tony looked down the long torso seeing all the little marks he made last night grinning. He let his eyes wander along that torso when he stopped at that scar he noticed last night. He gently ran his finger along it seeing the last little bit of it disappear under the hem of those sleep pants. “What happened here I wonder?” Tony thought knowing by Strange’s reaction last night there was a story behind it.

 “Do you feel up all your lovers when they sleep or am I just lucky?”

 Tony grinned and looked up into those sleepy ocean blue eyes. “I’m the lucky one babe. None of my others were this gorgeous.”

 “Pepper?”

 “She was a class all her own, just like you. The others…just blips.”

 “Hmm.”

 “Though to be honest there are not that many…” Tony admitted seeing something change in Strange’s body.

 “Stephen? Are you jealous?”

 “Kind of hard not to be, here I am with my first and you…never mind I brought it up and all. This is on me.” Strange draping his arm over his eyes.

 “Okay…none of that. Look yeah I have an active pass and honestly I am sure you would too if you know you weren’t traveling the galaxy and keeping all us douchebags safe. You were doing something amazing. Me? I was doing questionable things with questionable people before I got my shit together. When Peter and May came into my life…my priorities changed…same with Pepper…I wanted to be better. Now I have you and you make me want to be even better! And honestly Stephen, to know I am your first and such…well…” when suddenly Strange kissed him.

 “I know...now shut up.” Strange said as Tony nodded and kissed Strange back passionately. Strange moaned into the kiss as Tony licked his way into his mouth. Strange gasped and wrapped his arms around Tony’s neck pulling him on top of him. Tony shoved the blankets down so that their bodies were fully touching as they continued kissing. They parted for air as Tony cupped Strange’s cheek.

 “God you are beautiful Stephen…I don’t know what I did to deserve you but…thank whoever.” Tony said kissing Strange’s neck as Strange shuddered and ran his hands down Tony’s back.

 “Tony…” Strange whispered as Tony once again kissed the very familiar path down that torso. He kissed each of his bites adding a few more. When he reached that scar he looked up at Strange. “You really want to know?”

 “Pretty damn curious…but if it’ll kill the mood…”

 “It was the vibro sword from an Aqualish gang leader. I was undercover to stop a sex trafficking ring of young Twi’leks, Togrutas, and Mirlians. Wanda…my apprentice…she went in to be sold…I went in as a buyer. Long story short we got what we needed to shut the operation down but somewhere along the way my identity was discovered. I had to hold them off until help arrived…fortunately helped arrived before they took my life but they left me with this…” Strange said nodding to the scar.

 “Well I am glad you made it out alive…who saved you?”

 “A fellow Jedi knight and his apprentice along with the local police. I wonder if they are still alive…the Jedi that is. If the apprentice survived…I will need to tell him about Wanda…she was his sister.”

 Tony sighed saying “Well if they are alive then we can get them to Bogano. I’m sure if you were told of it, then they must have been. Or maybe we can send out a cryptic message…something only Jedi would understand…”

 “Maybe…I don’t want to hold out hope…but yeah…”

 “You’ve held out this long Stephen. Hope to find this planet, to keep Maribel safe, so just a little longer yeah?”

 “Yeah I just don’t want to feel that pain again…”

 “I know love…let’s just see what happens and whatever does know you are not alone.”

 “Thank you Tony…for everything.”

 Tony just smiled and kissed Strange again. Strange deepened the kiss, finding it easy to pick up where they left off.

 He wrapped his legs around Tony’s waist feeling their hardening lengths rub against each other. “Tony…fuck…” Strange gasped as Tony just nodded.

 “Yeah I’ll get you there baby…soon.”

 

 Peter ran down the hallway eager to tell Tony the good news about the ship. Peter had been eating breakfast with Shuri when T’Challa came over with Steve and Bucky to tell him the ship was ready for take off. Peter skidded to a halt when he saw Maribel also walking down the hallway towards Tony’s room.

 “Maribel? Wait. Where are you going?” Peter asked knowing that Strange’s room was a few doors down the other way.

 “Going to get my master. I feel his energy over here.” Maribel said simply walking towards Tony’s room.

 Peter followed her then stopped putting two and two together. Grinning he took Maribel’s hand saying “Um have you eaten?”

 “No I was going to eat with master then we were going to train.” Maribel said looking up at Peter.

 “Well why don’t we…”

 When they heard a muffled cry from the room. “MASTER!” Maribel gasped and pulled away from Peter rushing forward.

 “Shit! Maribel wait!” Peter called seeing her open the door, probably with the Force, and heard a familiar and unfamiliar, probably Strange, cry of surprise and anger.

 Peter raced in seeing Tony pinned against the wall with Strange sitting up on the bed looking flushed and out of it. Peter saw Maribel holding Tony against the wall, her little hand lifted up, and knew the Force was at work here.

 “What did you do to master! Why did you make him cry out!” Maribel demanded, glaring at Tony, as Strange just sighed.

 “Maribel it’s fine…”

 “Is everything okay?”

 “What’s going on?”

 Peter turned seeing Everett appear with Steve, who had his blaster drawn.

 “Oh for fuck’s sake! Everything is fine!” Tony exclaimed really glad he decided to make himself and Strange come with their pants still on. Now that would have been embarrassing.

 Everett looked around at the scene and just started laughing. “Well glad you find our discomfort amusing.” Tony spat as Everett waved his hand.

 “I’m sorry…it’s just…” Everett said through laughs as Maribel looked around confused.

 “Maribel, I am fine. Tony was not hurting me. You can put him down.” Strange said gently to Maribel who just eyed her master.

 “But look! He hurt you!” Maribel said nodding to the red marks that littered Strange’s chest and neck. Everett laughed even harder, leaning against the doorframe for support, arms around his middle as Steve just gave him an odd look.

 “Maribel I swear, Tony did not hurt me. I am fine.” Strange said pulling the nearby pillow over his lap and chest.

 Maribel just looked at her master then at Tony. “Maribel…Stephen is right, I didn’t hurt him. I love him sweetie.”

 “And I love him.” Strange confirmed with a nod looking at Steve who had lowered his blaster and was just looking between the two.

 Maribel pursed her lips but seemed to sense the sincerity and slowly lowered Tony to the ground. “I’m sorry master…I just…”

 Strange got up, finding his shirt, and pulled it on before kneeling in front of her. “I know sweetheart but I promise you. Tony didn’t hurt me, he made me happy…made me feel safe.”

 Maribel nodded and said turning to Tony, “I’m sorry Mr. Tony…”

 “Hey don’t worry about it kid. He’s lucky to have such a fierce protector.” Tony said walking over and ruffling her hair. “Now then how can I help you all?” Tony asked looking at Peter then at Steve and Everett, hands on his hips and eyes narrowed.

 “I was leaving and heard the commotion. Steve was nearby so I grabbed him in case we needed back up.” Everett explained stifling his laughter but doing a horrible job at it.

 “I came to tell you the ship is ready!” Peter said with a smile as Tony grinned clapping his hands together.

 “Excellent! This has definitely been a good morning. Now then why don’t you all leave my room and Stephen and I will be right down.” Tony said making shooing motions.

 “Go on Maribel, I’ll find you in the courtyard so we can eat and do our morning meditation.” Strange said brushing back some of her hair as Maribel nodded.

 “Okay master.” Maribel said turning and taking Everett’s hand.

 Peter gave Tony and Strange a smirk then wink following the two out. “That includes you Steve. My shower is only big for two and you lost that privilege ages ago.”

 Steve opened his mouth when Strange flicked his wrist, sending Steve stumbling into the hall with the door shutting in his face.

 “Nicely done my love.” Tony said with approval turning to Strange who just smirked.

 They walked to the fresher when Strange said “I noticed you didn’t specify Steve during our talk earlier…”

 “What’s there to say except nothing. It was nice until it wasn’t.” Tony said with a shrug as Strange nodded letting it drop.

Chapter 21

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 Once showered and dressed, Tony and Strange walked to the courtyard seeing everyone there. Maribel ran over shouting with Razor bounding behind her “Master! We’re finally going to be able to go to Bogano!”

 “I know this is great news. Thank you…all of you for your help with this.” Strange said looking at the group as they nodded.

 “You are welcome to stay…”

 “As much as I appreciate that T’Challa I think the sooner we leave the better. The safer you all will be.” Strange said solemnly as they all nodded.

 “Of course but at least stay for breakfast and allow us to get you some resources.” Everett offered as Strange nodded.

 “We can do that.” Strange said with a smile looking at Tony who nodded at the plan.

 

 “Are the ships ready?”

 “Yes Grand Moff Thanos. We are ready to do your bidding.” Proxima Midnight said kneeling with Ebony Maw next to her.

 “Good. Where is the youngling located?”

 “We felt her power around this area of the planet.” Promixa Midnight said standing and walking over to the star chart of the planet. She zoomed in on an area as Thanos just nodded.

 “Perfect. Leave at once. I want that youngling. Kill the older Jedi if you can…or better yet…bring him to me…I would love to have him witness the fate the youngling will face.” Thanos said as a picture of Strange and Maribel appeared on the screen.

 “Soon little one you will give me what I want. Soon I will be the most powerful person in the galaxy. Stronger than Palpatine and Darth Vader combined! It is time! GO!” Thanos shouted turning to the two Sith Lords who bowed and left.

 “Glaive…get the army ready and meet in the hangar, we leave at once.” Promixa Midnight said over her communicator as Ebony Maw just grinned.

 “They’ll never know what hit them.”

 “And finally we will take out the last of the Chandrilians. Chandrila will belong to the Empire.”

 They entered the hangar seeing Glaive, a monstrous hybrid of who knows what that was created and born out of a lab. They saw him ordering some men to herd spider like creatures the size of a Ewoks, if Ewoks were multi legged with narrow snouts and sharp jagged teeth.

 “What monstrosity is this?” Ebony Maw asked with a disgusted tone as Glaive looked up and grinned.

 “Ack-Rats. It’s what you get when you mix womp rats with Acklays. All the deadliness of the Acklay and the speed of a womp rat. My most recent creation. They won’t stand a chance.”

 “Excellent. We just need a distraction while we extract the girl. These will work just fine.” Proxima Midnight said with a nod as Ebony Maw just looked at the creatures, appalled that such a thing existed.

 “Come on, it’s time.” Proxima Midnight said nudging Ebony Maw who nodded and boarded one of the ships.

 

 “So you and the Jedi took the step huh.” Steve commented watching Tony examine his ship that was relatively put together. Bucky and Steve assured him that it should get them to their next destination where hopefully Bruce and Thor will be able to procure them another ship or finish repairing this one.

 “Yeah we did.” Tony said simply looking at the datapad then back at the ship.

 “How was he?”

 Tony turned to look at Steve quirking an eyebrow. “Are you seriously asking me to kiss and tell Steve Rogers?”

 “Well uh I mean…”

 “You want to know if he was better than you, that’s what you want to know.”

 “Well?”

 “Fucking hell mind your own business. Bad enough you walking in on that little mishap. It’s my business so fuck off.” Tony huffed setting the datapad down.

 “Tony I…”

 “No just shut up. I am with Stephen now and we love each other. Deal with it! You got what you wanted so now how about letting me get what I want.”

 Steve looked at Tony who glared at him when the door opened and Bucky raced in. “Guys whatever you are doing stuff it and come on! We got trouble.”

 Tony and Steve turned to the brunette before following him out. Tony instantly saw Strange and Maribel staring up at the sky as Razor started growling, tail raised and spikes on her back erect.

 “Stephen what’s going on?” Tony asked as Strange drew his lightsaber.

 “We got company.” Strange said softly when suddenly the world around them exploded.

Notes:

Sorry to leave you with such a cliffhanger. But I will make it up in the next update.

Chapter Text

 Fortunately, Strange was just quick enough to get up a force shield grabbing both Maribel and Tony softening their impact some as they hit the ground. Strange slowly got up, shaking his head as the ringing in his ears slowly seemed to cease. “Everyone all right?” Strange called as Maribel coughed. “Tony? Maribel?”

 “I’m good, are you okay babe?” Tony asked looking at Strange who nodded as Maribel rubbed her forehead.

 Razor came bounding over licking her face as Tony helped Strange up. “Steve! Bucky!” Tony called seeing the two get up then seeing Peter, Shuri, T’Challa, and Everett race over from the building.

 “Mr. Stark!” Peter cried out running to Tony who embraced him.

 “I’m fine kid, are you okay?”

 “Yeah but…”

 “My lab isn’t! Whoever did this is going to pay!” Shuri growled donning her twin hand blasters as Strange looked at her.

 “Those aren’t going to help you.” He said as the dust began to clear and he saw two figures approach with two glowing red lightsabers.

 Strange ignited his orange one and said “Get Maribel out of here. They are after her. They want her because of her power.”

 “No master I will stay with you!” Maribel said igniting her training lightsaber as Strange looked at her.

 “No. You need leave. Peter, Shuri…”

 “We’ll take her. We have a hidden ship.” Everett said drawing his gun nodding to Peter and Shuri.

 “Go beloved. We will meet you there. If you don’t see us in about an hour leave. Get out of here.” T’Challa said as Everett looked at his husband with a pained expression but nodded.

 “I love you.”

 “I love you too.” T’Challa responded kissing Everett before pushing him back. “Now go!”

 Everett picked up Maribel nodding to Shuri and Peter who took off after him. “Go Razor…protect her.” Strange told the Nexu who let out a growl and ran after them hearing Maribel's cries for him getting softer.

 “So what’s the plan?” Tony asked when the two Sith Lords appeared.

 “The plan is that you will die and we will take the girl.” Proxima Midnight said with an evil grin.

 “Yeah that's gonna be a negative.” Tony said as the two Sith Lords looked around.

 “We’ll find her.”

 “Not while we are here.” Strange growled seeing Tony draw his blaster when Ebony Maw just grinned. He snapped his fingers when they all heard a horrible cacophony of cries.

 “Our fight is with the Jedi. You all can handle these creatures.” Ebony Maw said when they heard screams from the refugees that were stationed at the compound.

 “Go help them! I got this!” Strange shouted running forward as he took on the two Sith Lords.

 “Tony come on! We need to make sure those creatures, whatever they are, don’t get to Everett and the kids.” Steve shouted as Tony nodded and watched Strange take on both Sith Lords.

 “Steve you still have it?”

 “Of course! It’s in the workshop.”

 “Perfect. See you out there.” Tony said rushing into the workshop heading towards a side room. He pressed a few numbers on the keypad when the wall suddenly burst open and several of the creatures came crashing in. “Fucking hell what are you?” Tony exclaimed firing his blaster at them. Fortunately they were easy to pick off, but they came in swarms.

 The door opened as Tony ducked in and closed it hearing those things crashing against it. He saw the door start to dent and bend knowing it wouldn’t last long. He quickly turned and raced further into the room turning on a computer and typing in a few commands heard the whooshing of a room opening up. Turning he grinned saying “Hello gorgeous.”

 In front of him, kept in the small yet well lit and preserved room, hung his gold and red suit of armor made from Beskar and modeled after the traditional Mandalorian suit of armor. He was fortunate enough to earn the respect and honor of one of the Mandalorian sects who had gifted him with enough Beskar to make his own suit with added tech and his own flair of course. He quickly put it on and doing a quick systems check said “We good to go?”

 “Yes Mr. Stark.” An electronic voice said as Tony grinned.

 “FRIDAY been a while.”

 “It certainly has, you never wrote or called…I was beginning to think you forgot about me.”

 “Never darling. But I am sorry. Kind of left in a hurry and well couldn’t figure out how to get you without…”

 “I understand, shall we do whatever it is we need to do?”

 “Always a step ahead of me. Let’s go kick some weird ass creatures butts.”

 “Excellent.” FRIDAY said giving control to Tony just as the door broke open and the creatures poured in.

 “Come and get it!” Tony shouted igniting his flamethrower as he flew forward setting the creatures on fire. Several of the creatures jumped onto his armor as he sent out a pulse of electricity sending them flying. Tony ignited his built in jet pack flying up and through the top of the workshop. “Woohoo! Now we’re talking.” Tony said with excitement as he flew around knocking off the remaining creatures.

 “Mind giving us a hand whenever you are done joy flying?” Bucky asked with annoyance as Tony saw him firing at the creatures while Steve and T’Challa seemed to taking them on with vibro swords and good ole hand to hand combat.

 “Sure, but it seems to me you guys are handling it.”

 “Get your metallic ass down here and help!” Steve ordered as Tony just scoffed.

 “Fine but I am doing it because I like T’Challa.”

 

Strange grunted as he was force pushed back against a wall as the two Sith Lords approached him.

 “I found the girl! She is being carried by a blond haired human and flanked by two teens and a Nexu. They are heading along the beach around the cliff.” Glaive’s voice said over their communicators.

 “Ebony stay on the Jedi.” Proxima Midnight said as she took off towards the beach.

 Strange saw this and instantly knew why. “NO!” He shouted and lunged at her when Ebony Maw jumped in front of him, causing him to jump back and deflect the saber with his own.

 “You’re fight is with me Jedi. It’s rude to leave your opponent.” Ebony Maw said with a grin as Strange glared at him. Strange said nothing but charged Ebony Maw as they fought across the courtyard with parries and thrusts, kicks and dodges, and force push after force push.

 Strange jumped in the air spinning, sending nearby grass and pebbles at the Sith Lord. Ebony Maw deflected what he could with his saber but unfortunately caught a face full of debris. Strange used this opportunity to kick Ebony Maw in the stomach then spun around slicing him across the face with his blade. Ebony Maw fell to the ground as Strange landed and ran over for the killing blow. Ebony Maw just grinned and waited for Strange to get close.

 When he deemed the Jedi close enough, he turned and sent a blast of lightning followed by a large chuck of building rubble. The lightning hit Strange first causing him to seize and cry out in pain when the building rubble crashed into him, sending him flying. Strange rolled across the ground landing in heap, coughing out blood from his busted lip.

 “You put up a good fight Jedi.”

 “I’m not done yet!” Strange growled getting up and charging the Sith Lord with renewed strength. Ebony Maw stumbled back but instantly regained his composure smiling.

 “Yes! This is how I like my Jedi. Fierce and feisty before I end their life! Oh I can’t wait to end yours. Thanos may have wanted you, along with the girl, but I think killing you will be way more fun.” Strange ducked and dodged before putting on his own attack seeing the Sith Lord start to weaken. Strange backflipped while sending several pieces of fallen rubble flying at Ebony Maw.

 Once again Ebony Maw tried to deflect them and did, most of them, but one caught him in the stomach while another one struck him in the back. Strange raced forward with cry and jumped in the air swinging down as his lightsaber met the red one.

 Time seemed to freeze when Strange sent as much Force as he could into his attack when suddenly he heard the cry of one of those creatures. He felt it jump at him slicing his arm and breaking his concentration. Ebony Maw took this chance and knocking Strange’s saber aside swung up grazing Strange’s other arm, and lunging at him. Ebony Maw grabbed Strange by his throat and soared through the air with the Force behind him slamming Strange against the wall.

 Strange grunted at the impact, feeling his head slam against the wall making him see stars. He felt himself be slid up the building wall, crying in pain as the surface sliced his back and tunic. Ebony Maw held Strange against the wall by the neck, lightsaber by his side. “You were definitely a worthy opponent Jedi knight. But I am afraid your time has come.”

 Strange groaned and clawed at the Sith Lord’s wrist when Ebony Maw saw this. “Ah still got a little more fight in you huh. We’ll see about that.” Turning, the Sith Lord sent Strange flying in a torrent of lightening causing Strange to crash into the still standing fountain breaking it. Strange grunted in pain as he fell into the sputtering water seeing Ebony Maw walk over, hand sparking with lightening. “Ooo this is definitely a shocking development.”

 “Hey leave the puns to me Sith Lord.” Tony quipped as Ebony Maw turned seeing Tony appear.

 “This fight does not concern you! Be gone!” Ebony Maw said sending Tony flying with a flick of his wrist straight through a building. Ebony Maw turned and lifted Strange up before force throwing him across the court yard and slamming into the ground. Strange felt the air knocked out of him when he saw his lightsaber a little ways off.

 He lifted his hand some when he screamed in pain as Ebony Maw slammed his booted foot down on it. “Don’t think so Jedi. I’ll just take this.” Ebony Maw held out his hand calling the lightsaber to him. “A fine trophy for my kill.” Strange saw him connect it to his belt and glared up at the Sith Lord blinking away blood. “You certainly are pretty for a Jedi you know. Can see why that flying Mynock tried to stop me.”

 Ebony Maw stepped back and lifted Strange up with the force. Gently cupping Strange’s cheek Ebony Maw just grinned. “Now that I think about it, I think I may keep you alive. Been a while since I’ve had a warm body in my bed.” Ebony Maw pulled Strange closer in and nuzzled his neck. “Yes…I think you would make a wonderful bedmate…my own personal Jedi slave. How fitting for a Sith Lord. Grand Moff Thanos would definitely let me keep you.”

 “I will never be yours! Let me go.” Strange spat as Ebony Maw chuckled tracing Strange’s bloody lips with his thumb.

 “No I don’t think I will.”

 “Get your own Jedi because that one is mine!” Tony shouted when Ebony Maw turned only to be body slammed by the man in armor.

 Strange fell to the ground in pain, cradling his injured hand to his chest watching Tony fight with the Sith Lord. “My lightsaber! On his belt!” Strange shouted as Tony heard his lover. “Stark the lightsaber is…”

 “I heard you! But I am a little busy right now!” Tony growled when Ebony Maw tossed him aside.

 “Petulant bug!” Ebony Maw shouted sending Tony flying across the ground. “Glaive send me a few of your creatures. I have a pest that needs eliminating.”

 “You got it.” Seconds later several Ack-Rats came scurrying into the courtyard as Strange stood up and used his uninjured hand to send rubble pieces flying at the creatures.

 “Tony! You good?” Strange called as Tony slowly got up.

 “Getting there. FRIDAY how the hell do I destroy this guy?”

 “Like any other human Tony, though you may want to…” when suddenly Ebony Maw moved with lightening speed landing in front of Tony lightsaber raised.

 “TONY!” Strange screamed watching in slow motion as Ebony Maw brought the red lightsaber down just as Tony lifted his arm up.

 Strange expecting to see Tony lose that arm or worse be sliced in half was amazed to see that the armor deflected the lightsaber. “What the…” Strange muttered as Ebony Maw seemed just as surprised.

 The Sith Lord sliced again and again as Tony continued deflecting the blows with his armor. “FRIDAY! Activate the missiles!”

 “At once!” She responded as several small missiles launched from Tony’s gauntlets before igniting his jetpack zooming away from the explosion. Tony fell to his knees gasping, looking at his wrist when he heard screeches of pain and turning saw Strange finish off the Ack-Rats with a powerful force wave to the ground.

 “Stephen!” Tony cried seeing the Jedi fall to his side. Tony scrambled to his feet and rushed over. “Hey Jedi! You with me? Stephen!” Tony cried retracting his helmet cradling Strange in his arms.

 “Tony…”

 “Yeah I’m here and you look like shit.”

 “Feel like it to…Sith…Lord?”

 “Dead. Blew him up.”

 “No…he’s still alive…”

 Tony looked up and saw that indeed the mother fucker was still standing. Granted the Sith Lord was looking way worse than Strange. The man’s pale skin was charred and his robes were burnt. “How the hell is he still alive?!” Tony exclaimed standing up while supporting Strange.

 “Sith Lord’s are hard to kill…” Strange said lifting his damaged hand. He saw his hand shaking and tried to steady it with the Force.

 “Babe?”

 “Come on…” Strange muttered as Ebony Maw let out a growl and stumbled towards them igniting his lightsaber.

 “Stephen do something…I am all out of ideas.” Tony said putting his helmet back in place and lifting his blaster.

 “The Jedi is MINE!” Ebony Maw screamed running forward as Strange force pushed Tony away and held out his other hand.

 Tony flew back and crashed to the ground sitting up. “Stephen! I am invincible against it!” Tony shouted scrambling to his feet.

 “Tony! Stay!” Strange shouted seeing the Sith Lord coming closer and said to himself “Please…Force…I beg you…help me…”

 Tony ignored Strange and started running over then stopped as the two Force users clashed. “Stephen…” Tony whispered looking at his lover expecting to see a red blade sticking out of him but instead saw it was the opposite. Ebony Maw gasped, dropping his blade, and looked down at the orange blade going straight through him.

 “You messed with the wrong Jedi Sith Lord.” Strange spat and withdrew his saber watching Ebony Maw fall to his knees grasping his stomach.

 “No…this can’t be…”

 “Yeah well it is. You lose.” Tony said walking over raising his blaster and firing it a few times at Ebony Maw’s head. “No way he’s coming back from that.” Tony said nudging the still body with his foot.

 Strange chuckled and deactivated his lightsaber. “No…I don’t think he is…” Strange said before collapsing.

 Tony instantly caught him saying “Hey it’s okay. I got you.”

 “Maribel…the other Sith Lord…we need…”

 “You are in no condition to do anything other than sit this fight out.”

 “Tony where the hell are you? We are being overrun!” Steve called through the communicator as Tony sighed.

 “Dealing with something at the moment.”

 “The Jedi can be dealt with later!”

 “The Jedi is wounded! I am not abandoning him.”

 “Tony go…I need…” Strange said when he coughed groaning in pain.

 “Shit you are not in good condition my love.”

 “Yeah…definitely agree with that.”

 “Listen can you guys hold off a little longer the other Sith Lord is after the kid which means those with the kid are in danger.”

 “Tony go help them!” T’Challa immediately ordered as Tony nodded.

 “Affirmative T’Challa, taking the Jedi with me.” Tony said gathering Strange in his arms and taking off to the sky.

Chapter 23

Notes:

The fight continues! An extra long chapter for yah! Enjoy!

*Disclaimer*: An animal does get hurt in this chapter. It's not too graphic but there is an animal in distress. Just want to make sure you all are aware before reading.

Chapter Text

 “How far are we from the ship?” Peter asked following Shuri and Everett as they ran along the beach by the cliff face.

 “Not much farther. Once we get there we take off and help the others.” Everett said as Maribel sniffled from Everett's arms.

 “I should be with master! He’s struggling…I can feel it.” Maribel said in a tear filled voice, as she wiped a tear away. 

 “You wouldn’t be safe there darling.” Everett said occasionally looking around to make sure they weren’t followed. “Shuri we still clear?”

 “Nothing showing up on my sensors.” Shuri said looking at the small screen attached to one of her twin blaster.

 They continued running when Maribel said “She’s coming. We need to move faster!”

 “Who’s coming?” Peter asked when suddenly all three skidded to a halt as Proxima Midnight landed in front of them in a cloud of sand, her black robes and skirt fluttering around her.

 “Her!” Maribel said as Everett started backing up.

 “Hand me the little girl and no one will get hurt.” Proxima Midnight said lowering her lightsaber.

 Everett raised his blaster saying “No. Not happening. Move aside. This girl will not go with you.” Everett set Maribel down pushing her behind him.

 “You ordering me? A pathetic human? You do know who I am right?”

 “The woman standing in our way! Who also happened to destroy my lab!” Shuri spat stepping forward pointing her twin blasters at the woman.

 “Courageous but foolish. Come little girl, show me what you got. You beat me and the others can go free.” Proxima Midnight said with an evil grin as Shuri looked at her.

 “Promise.”

 “Of course.”

 “Shuri don’t!” Maribel shouted as Shuri stepped forward.

 “Deal.” Shuri instantly ran forward firing her blasters as Proxima Midnight lifted her lightsaber and deflected the blasts into the cliff face.

 “My turn.” She said darkly racing forward lightsaber drawn. Shuri continued firing stepping back before ducking and rolling to the side as the lightsaber came down on the sand. Proxima Midnight quickly turned and thrust out her arm to the side sending Shuri flying into the cliff wall.

 “SHURI!” The three screamed as Shuri slammed against the stone wall then fell several feet crashing into the sand below with a thud.

 They saw her still body lying there as blood slowly started to seep out from a head wound staining the white sand red. Proxima Midnight lowered her arm and smirked. “I win.”

 Marible instantly ran to Shuri’s side as Everett raised his blaster and fired. Peter too ran to Shuri as Proxima Midnight advanced in on them, deflecting the blasters sending one into Everett’s side.

 Everett grunted at the impact and turning shouted to Peter, “Grab Maribel…get out of here!”

 Peter nodded and scooped Maribel up as the youngling kicked and screamed. “NO! Shuri! Let me go!” Maribel screamed as Peter ran across the sand trying to keep his footing while Razor followed.

 “No!” Proxima Midnight said turning to follow them, when Everett tackled her from behind. She growled and flailed trying to reach out to Ebony Maw but got nothing from her fellow Sith Lord. “ENOUGH!” She shouted and thrusting both her arms out to the side, screamed sending Everett flying by a blast of dark energy. “I need assistance! The girl is getting away and I am occupied! Glaive do you copy?”

 “Copy Proxima. I am on way.” Glaive responded as Proxima Midnight turned to Everett.

 “You son of a bitch! You are annoying.” She picked Everett up by the front of his shirt when suddenly she screamed in pain.

 “Drop him.” Shuri said her left blaster lifted as she fired again when the Sith Lord deflected it with her lightsaber.

 “Impressive. You are definitely stronger than I thought little one. But we are done here.” Proxima Midnight said turning her attention back to Everett about to run him through with her saber.

 “Everett!” Shuri said trying to get her footing when Razor, having been told by Peter to stay and help the others, suddenly launched herself at the Sith Lord. Proxima Midnight screamed as she was sent face first into the sand by the Nexu, causing her to drop Everett and her lightsaber.

 Everett rolled to the side and getting to his feet ran over to the lightsaber. He grabbed it and with both hands on the hilt, ignited it. He instantly felt his training from the Naboo royal guard coming back when they trained with swords and was thankful that he and T'Challa kept the skill up over the years. Everett ran to the Sith Lord as Razor saw this and jumped aside just as Everett was about to slam the sword down through Proxima Midnight’s back. Just as the sword came down, Proxima Midnight rolled out of the way and thrust her vibro blade up stabbing Everett in the side before yanking it out.

 Everett dropped the blade and stumbled back, clutching his side, as Proxima Midnight got up and claiming her lightsaber slashed Everett across the chest before sending him back with a force push against the cliff wall.

 “EVERETT! NO!” Shuri screamed, sobbing, as she watched the scene.

 Proxima Midnight let out a groan of pain seeing the Nexu coming at her again but this time struck the Nexu with a blast of lightening. Razor cried out in pain before crumpling to the ground whimpering and spasming.

 “Force this was way more trouble than I thought.” Proxima Midnight said with a huff when she saw a small passenger ship appear. Grinning she looked at Shuri and pulled her towards her with Force, gripping her by the arm. “You’re coming with me. I am not through with you yet. You got the kid?”

 “Yep. Had to take the boy too.” Glaive said as Proxima Midnight saw the door on the side of the ship open. She looked at Everett laying there and smirked.

 “A little parting gift for killing my fellow Sith Lord.” She said before gathering all the energy she could and jumped into the ship with Shuri. She knocked Shuri out before tossing her with Peter and Maribel who were also knocked out. “Let’s get out of here. Call back the forces.”

 “Ebony Maw?”

 “Didn’t make it. Felt his loss just a little bit ago.”

 “Damn, sorry to hear that.”

 “Same here but it doesn’t matter. We got what we needed.”

 “What of this planet?”

 “We’ll let Grand Moss Thanos know that it is ripe for taking. I just killed the ruler’s husband. Highly doubt anything is left after our creatures are finished with the others.”

 Glaive nodded and sent the command to pull back when Proxima Midnight grabbed the communicator. “Destroy the compound. Leave nothing.”

 “But what of Thanos?”

 “Thanos can rebuild this however he wants. The Golden City is a much better place to rebuild than this shit hole.” Proxima Midnight said when she saw someone in red and gold iron appear, with the Jedi knight, by Everett’s side.

 “Shall we take them out?”

 “No. Let’s get out of here. Let Thanos know we are coming home successfully.” Proxima Midnight said grinning as she watched the two by the fallen body wishing it was T’Challa there to witness his love’s lifeless one.

 

 “Everett! My gods Everett!” Tony cried landing with Strange next to the fallen body of their friend.

 Tony instantly knelt by Everett’s side and turned him over checking for a pulse. “He’s still alive.”

 Strange knelt down and looked at the wounds. “These were done by a lightsaber and vibro blade. He’s lucky…instantly cauterized. The chest wound doesn’t look bad but the stab and blaster wound are worrisome. Razor!” Strange got up and ran over to the Nexu who let out a soft chirrup. “Oh Razor…you’ll be okay.” Strange said stroking the Nexu’s head as Razor just purred.

 “Tony…Maribel…gone…” Everett suddenly said coughing, as Tony looked down at the injured man.

 "What do you mean.”

 “What else does…gone…mean idiot…” Everett spat before coughing and groaning in pain. “They…won…” Everett said softly letting out another soft sound of pain as Tony looked at Strange.

 “Damn it! They have Maribel along with the teens.”

 “Unless they made it to the ship.” Tony said gently hefting Everett over his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around Strange’s waist who held Razor. “Good thing we don’t have to fly far.” Tony commented as he took off towards the place where the ship was.

 They landed as Tony set both Strange and Everett down and rushed over to the cliff side. He waved his hand revealing a keypad and typed in a code. The cliff face rumbled then slid away revealing a sleek silver Nabooian Royal Cruiser.

 “Still as beautiful as I remember.” Tony said as Strange limped over.

 “Everett was able to keep one?”

 “Ah he told you his origin story eh? Yeah it was wedding present from the queen. She had so many that she was more than willing to give one to her best guardsman and his new husband.”

 “What about Pepper?” Strange asked as Tony picked up Everett.

 “I can’t get to her right now…and well…I have a feeling she didn’t make it.” Tony said softly as Strange nodded.

 “I’m sorry.” Strange said as they entered the ship.

 “Yeah me too but hey at least I get to pilot this baby. Been wanting to my whole life. Well actually since I knew it was here and even if it was hidden…”

 “Tony.”

 “Right sorry…story for another time.” He opened the door that led to the lounge room, setting Everett down on a nearby couch, before making his way to the cockpit. He sat down in the pilot’s seat turning the ship on as Strange took the seat next to his. They flew out of the cliff side and back towards the main compound to pick up their other three comrades and any survivors.

 As they approached, Tony said “I see them. Wait…the enemy is pulling back.” Strange leaned forward to get a better look seeing the creatures retreat back to the ships.

 “Get down there! We need to get them out of there now! They got what they wanted and there is no reason to keep this area alive.” Strange said as Tony instantly knew what he meant.

 “Hang on.” Tony eased the ship down just close enough and handing the controls over to Strange, raced to the boarding door on the ship. “STEVE! BUCKY! T’CHALLA! LET’S GO!” He shouted as the three turned and saw him and the ship.

 “Go! I will hold them off.” T’Challa said as Steve shook his head.

 “No need they are retreating which means something big is coming. Let’s go there is nothing left.”

 “I will not abandon my home! Not again!” T’Challa said firmly to the two.

 “Get your asses over here! We have Everett!” Tony shouted as T’Challa looked back at the compound.

 “T’Challa there is nothing left…it was only a matter of time before the Empire took this place.” Steve said gently as T’Challa knew he was right.

 The three turned and ran to the ship just as the enemy ones started lifting into the air. Just as they reached the ship, they heard the sound of laser fire and then were slammed forward by a loud and fiery explosion. T’Challa turned and saw the compound in smoke and flames.

 Bucky got up and grabbed T’Challa pushing him into the ship. Steve was the last to get in as Tony ran back to the cockpit, taking the controls again, and took off as more lasers fired razing the whole area. T’Challa walked to the cockpit where Tony and Strange were sitting, as Steve and Bucky joined him. “Tony where are the others? What happened?”

 Tony sighed and said “T’Challa…go the lounge room. Strange take him there and well…explain.”

 T’Challa looked at Tony confused as Strange stood up with a grunt and motioned for T’Challa to follow him. T’Challa followed the injured Jedi to the lounge, seeing him open the door and entering saw Everett laying on the couch with Razor sitting by his side.

 “Jedi?” T’Challa said in a soft voice, eyes wide, as Strange stumbled over to Everett.

 “T’Challa…it’s not as bad as it looks. His wounds were instantly cauterized. We can place the bacta patches on his wounds but…we need to get him better care…I…"

 “Everett…EVERETT!” T’Challa shouted racing forward and kneeling next to his husband. “Oh Bast! What happened to you? Everett talk to me? Please?”

 Everett slowly opened his eyes and smiling said “T’Challa…you are here…you are safe.”

 “Of course, I had to see you again. You’ll be okay. I know you will. We’ll get you fixed up.” T’Challa said gently taking Everett’s hand in his.

 “I failed…I failed to save them…to get her somewhere safe…they are gone T’Challa…Shuri…Peter…Maribel…”

 “Shh you did your best. I am so proud of you.” T’Challa said brushing back some of Everett’s hair smiling.

 “I can put him in a Force induced coma. It will allow his body to rest and start the healing process. I can’t heal him but I can get him some rest. Once we put the bacta patches on…it should start to help the healing process.”

 T’Challa nodded and standing raced over to where the first aid kit was, grabbing the box. Handing it to Strange, he watched the Jedi start to put the patches on the wounds, left hand shaking and bruised. “His injuries?” T’Challa asked holding Everett’s hand hearing his husband gasp softly as the patches were placed on his wounds.

 “Grazed by a blaster bolt it looks like and stabbed with a vibro blade. Then sliced with a lightsaber across the chest. None of the wounds are fatal.”

 “When we get to that planet…they’ll heal him. Bruce has had medical practice…he’s not a doctor per se but he can help.” T’Challa said watching as Strange finished putting on the patches.

 “He’ll be okay T’Challa. He’s strong. Just keep talking to him and encouraging him.”

 “I will. Go ahead Stephen…” T’Challa said nodding to Strange as Strange nodded back.

 Strange placed his hand on Everett’s forehead and closing his eyes let the Force flow through him and into Everett. T’Challa watched Everett’s breathing get easier and his face seem to relax. “There now he can rest.”

 “Thank you Jedi.” T’Challa said softly looking down at his husband.

 Strange watched them and nodded when he heard the door whoosh open and looking up saw the other three appear.

 “Okay we need to regroup and discuss.” Steve said as Tony rolled his eyes.

 “Just chill out for moment will you? First we need to take stock of our injuries and heal.” Tony said walking over to Strange who continued to sit on the floor cradling his hand against his chest while Razor eyed the other men warily before licking her paw.

 “Come on Stephen let’s get you looked at. Razor I promise Stephen will be fine.” Tony said as Bucky tossed him another first aid kit before taking one for himself. The Nexu slowly blinked her four green eyes and walking off jumped onto a couch further in the back. Giving a small shake of her body, Razor settled down and closing her eyes fell asleep. After Strange had done what he could for Everett, he had looked over the Nexu seeing that she had very few scrapes and knew she was probably just exhausted, as they all probably were after such a harrowing ordeal.

 Strange nodded and allowed Tony to help him when Steve said “Your back!”

 Strange sighed and said “Yeah well the building’s walls weren’t exactly smooth.”

 Tony smirked but looked at Strange’s back and winced. “That doesn’t look good. You want me to take care of that here or private?”

 “Here is fine.” Strange said sitting down on a stool as Tony nodded and helped Strange remove his shirt. They all worked in silence as Tony gently cleaned his lover’s back. He saw the gashes weren't too deep and most had stopped bleeding. He applied some bacta gel onto his hands and gently rubbed them over Strange’s back.

 Strange gasped in pain but otherwise didn’t move. “How’s your hand?” Bucky asked after wrapping up the cut on Steve’s arm.

 “I think it’s broken.” Strange said softly looking down at his hand that hurt really bad.

 “Is that going to impact your Jedi abilities?” Steve asked as Strange shrugged.

 “I don’t think so. I mean it’ll need to heal like any other injury…”

 “Let me help with that. My mother taught me how to handle broken limbs. She was a medic in her village before being the queen.” T’Challa said walking over and kneeling in front of Strange.

 Strange nodded and gasped in pain as T’Challa took the broken hand in his. He gently touched and prodded it nodding. “Definitely broken. Stay here, I’ll be back.” T’Challa said getting up and leaving the lounge area.

 They watched him leave as Tony finished bandaging up the rest of Strange’s wounds. “Tony that armor…” Strange said reaching out with his good hand to the armor Tony still wore, minus the gauntlets.

 “Beskar. One of the few things, if not the only, that can withstand a lightsaber.” Tony explained as Strange nodded.

 “How did you get it?”

 “Knew some Mandalorians that deemed me worthy of their precious metal. Very rare for someone that is not one of them to get some.”

 “Yet you took it and built a suit of armor. You know how much that could sell on the market? You could buy a ship or…” Bucky started as Tony glared at him.

 “That would have been an insult to the gift I was given. No. This was precious. And I didn’t just make it, they helped. They taught me…this…this armor…the chance to work with it…is one of the three wonderful things that happened in my life.”

 “Yeah? What were the other two?” Steve asked working on Bucky’s injuries.

 “Peter of course and you.” Tony said looking at Strange who looked up eyes wide.

 Tony smiled cupping Strange’s his cheek. “I…I am so glad I found you in my warehouse and that you trusted me enough to stay with me…to get you where you needed to go.”

 “Tony…I…because of me your life was uprooted, apprentice kidnapped, ship destroyed, and not to mention all the shit I got you into just a little bit ago. Doesn’t seem too wonderful.”

 “Maybe not but you are worth it. At first I was helping because it was the right thing to do and I was sticking it to the Empire…but now…now that I know you…been with you…I wouldn’t change it. I mean sure maybe less Sith Lords and less explosions but hey we all need a little excitement in our lives.”

 Strange just chuckled and shook his head as tears gathered at the corners of his eyes. “I love you Stephen Strange. You and your Jedi ways.” Tony finished lifting Strange’s face up.

 Strange met those warm hazel eyes and nodded. “I love you to Tony Stark.”

 “Oh for fuck’s sake! Get a room.” Steve spat and standing walked out of the lounge and back to the cockpit. Bucky just shook his head and looked at the two men.

 “I really am happy for you guys. I uh…look Tony…I’m sorry how everything played out…it was really shitty and well not fair to you.”

 “You’re apologizing? Wow never thought I would see the day.”

 “Yeah well facing death kind of puts things in perspective. It was brutal out there…those creatures…”

 “Tell me about it what even were they?” Tony asked when they saw T’Challa return carrying various items.

 “Whatcha got there T’Challa? Not sure how metal and wire and such will help Stephen…he’s not exactly a cyborg.” Tony said as T’Challa rolled his eyes.

 “Unfortunately this ship does not have the needed tools to appropriately splint a broken limb. Gonna have to get creative. Tony if you don’t mind?”

 “Of course not! I love inventing and making things work in different ways.” Tony said as both he and T’Challa knelt in front of Strange.

 Bucky walked over to Everett seeing him laying there on the couch, chest rising slowly, noticing it took five bacta patches to cover the gash on his chest.

 He knelt down and said “Hang in there Everett yeah? We’ll get you somewhere safe soon.”

 Bucky took his hand and squeezed it before entering the cockpit. He saw Steve sitting the pilot seat staring out at space. After they had left the planet, Tony had set in the coordinates for Castilon where Thor and Bruce resided. Unfortunately it looked like it would be a three day trip but at least it would give them time to rest, heal and figure out next steps.

 “Care to share what that was back there?” Bucky asked leaning against the doorframe as Steve just shrugged.

 “It was nothing, just stating the obvious.”

 “Well yeah but did you have to say it like that and storm out?” Bucky asked walking over and sitting in the co pilot chair.

 “I guess not…just…”

 “Do you have something against Tony being happy Steve? Please don’t tell me you are jealous considering you left him for me but only after you made sure I was worth it.” Bucky said simply checking the coordinates.

 “I don’t but I guess it looks like that huh.”

 “Just a bit. Stephen’s a good guy.”

 “He’s a Jedi.”

 “So? If anything that makes him a great guy. I mean come on? Taken from his family as baby, trained in an art that’s pretty damn impressive, willing to give up love, family, hell everything we take for granted to protect the unfortunate and right the injustices of the world. He deserves to be happy and Tony makes him that and him Tony.”

 “Yeah he does.” Steve said softly as Bucky looked up at his boyfriend.

 “You did at one point Steve. Make Tony happy but then…well…”

 “I don’t regret it. I don’t regret loving you…just how it happened.”

 “You never did mention what happened all those nights ago when Tony and you talked.” Bucky commented shifting in his seat so that he rested his back against the arm rest and legs draped over the opposite one so he was facing Steve.

 “It didn’t end well. Went about as well as you would expect between us. He asked for the truth, I told him the truth, and well you know what they say…the truth hurts.”

 “Ain’t that the truth.” Bucky said dryly running a hand through his hair.

 “What hurts I think is that the way he looks at Stephen…the way he talks about him…was how he use to about me, to me. I thought I didn’t care but…I guess I do? You know I was his first serious male relationship. I uh…took everything if you know what I mean.”

 “Steve Grant Rogers! You deflowered him and then cheated on him?!” Bucky exclaimed wondering why he never knew this earlier.

 “Yeah…” Steve said bitterly looking down.

 “Wow…that’s…”

 “Shitty I know. I treated him so badly after two years of being with him and I didn’t even make it into his top three wonderful things in life!”

 “Ah ha! And there ladies and gentleman lies the rub!” Bucky said loudly waving his arms.

 “Alright fine! Yes! You finally got it out of me.”

 “Took long enough. So let me get this straight, you are miffed that you weren’t in Tony Stark’s top three wonderful things in life even though you were his first in what was probably a milestone type moment.” Bucky summarized sitting up as Steve nodded. “Well makes sense. I mean you may have been if you didn’t cancel it out with something like cheating on him because I will say you are definitely a great lay.” Bucky commented as Steve blushed.

 “So you’re saying that I am basically nothing in the life of Tony Stark because my two impacts canceled each other out.”

 “Pretty much. I mean you were something in the life of Tony Stark but now nothing more than a blip after what you did. Can you blame the guy? I mean how would you feel if he did that you? If the roles were reversed.”

 “Probably the same if I am being honest.” Steve said miserably as Bucky nodded.

 “Exactly. You need to let this go Steve. Tony has moved on and so have you. You have me and Tony now has Stephen. Isn’t that enough? Aren’t I enough to make you happy?”

 Steve instantly looked at Bucky and standing said “Fuck yes! Bucky you mean everything to me. I love you. I…I’m sorry I’ve been so caught up with the past. I thought I was over it but then he comes crashing back into my life.”

 “Literally.” Bucky said with chuckle standing up letting Steve take him into his arms.

 “Thank you for talking me through this and standing by me. I know I haven’t been the easiest.”

 “Well you’re worth it…if not for the sex alone.” Bucky said with a smirk as Steve laughed.

 “Knew you just wanted me for my body.”

 “Can you blame a guy?”

 They pulled back looking at each other before resting their foreheads together. They just stood there, eyes closed, taking in each other’s presence before Steve spoke.

 “I love you Bucky Barnes.”

 “I love you Steve Rogers. You and your impossible self.”

Chapter Text

 “Castilon the most popular refueling station and destination for racers.” Tony said from the pilot seat as Strange, Bucky, and T’Challa stood behind him while Steve sat in the co pilot seat.

 “Your friend lives there?” Strange asked looking at the blue planet as Tony nodded.

 “Yep. He and his husband help out at the major bar/casino there.”

 “I thought he was a doctor and scientist?” Strange asked as Bucky chuckled.

 “That’s more of a hobby. Let’s just say he is doing his best to keep a low profile now that the Empire is stronger than before.”

 Strange and T’Challa looked at Bucky then at Tony. “What are you not telling us.” T’Challa asked as Tony sighed.

 “Alright fine. My buddy Bruce Banner use to work for the Confederacy of Independent Systems. This was way back in the days when he thought he was doing something good or some shit like that. He helped them with the the science behind their weapons and ships and such. But then he discovered their deeper darker plans along with some questionable things that were happening. Long story short, he didn’t like what he saw and defected.”

 “How did you meet him?”

 “Well we met back way back in school…before we went our separate ways. We kind of kept in contact but when he was taken into the CIS that stopped until one day he showed up on my door stop scared and paranoid. I knew he wasn’t safe on Correlia so I helped him make his way somewhere he wouldn’t necessarily be looked for thus the outer rim. I had connections back in the day before shit went down with the Clone Wars and all. So got him some new papers and sent him on his way.

 We kept in touch through a cryptic communication system I set up and helped him get settled on the new planet. He found a job working with this guy who owned a casino there. Not sure his name, I just know him as the Grandmaster. He was doing well and then he met Thor and well the rest is history. Had no idea Thor Odinson knew Steve and Bucky.” Tony said looking at the two.

 “Steve knew Thor from his days in the military academy before Thor had to return home and help out his family.” Bucky said as Tony nodded.

 “So anyways with all that being said if anyone knows what it’s like to be a man on the run it’s my good buddy Bruce Odinson.” Tony finished with a grin as Strange and T’Challa just nodded.

 “Have you met Thor?” Strange asked as Tony nodded.

 “Once or twice when I went to visit Bruce, but I didn’t get out to see Bruce that often. I only saw him a handful of times, once with Peter.” Tony admitted when he looked down at the thought of his apprentice.

 Strange placed a hand on his shoulder and said “I know. We’ll find them…we have too.”

 Tony nodded placing his hand on Strange’s good one seeing his other one splinted and in a sling. “Naboo cruiser 4325 state name and business.” A voice said over the communicator as Tony looked at the group.

 Bucky leaned forward and pressing a button said “White Wolf. Stopping to refuel and rest.”

 “Permission granted. Proceed to docking bay 45.”

 “White Wolf?” Tony asked raising an eyebrow as Bucky smirked.

 “Banner’s not the only one with a questionable past.”

 “Good lord I keep the company of outlaws.” Tony said looking at T’Challa. “Next we’re going to learn that you aren’t even a king but a crime lord or something and Everett is an assassin.”

 “I assure you, I think my beloved and I are the only possible unwanted and/or unquestionable ones here.” T’Challa said with a chuckle as Bucky snorted.

 “Nah Steve’s pretty squeaky clean. Why do you think he prefers the bad boys.” Bucky said with grin and a wink as Steve rolled his eyes.

 Strange just laughed as did the rest of the group. “Alright we should prepare for landing.” Tony said turning back to the console as Steve nodded.

 T’Challa turned and left the cockpit heading towards the lounge. He knelt by Everett who was still in his force induced coma and sighed. “We’ll get you help my love…somewhere to rest and heal…just hang in there.”

 “I think I am going to pull him out of the coma. We’re about to land and we need him conscious.” Strange suddenly said as T’Challa nodded. Strange knelt by Everett’s side and touched his forehead closing his eyes. Razor came over and sat next to Strange trilling softly.

 With a gasp, Everett opened his eyes and sat up crying out in pain. “Hush beloved. It’s all right.” T’Challa instantly said gently taking his husband in his arms.

 “What happened? Where am I? Shuri! I…” Everett sputtered looking around eyes wide then looked down at his chest.

 “Everett you were injured in the fight back on our home planet. Stephen here placed you in a forced induced coma to help you rest and heal. We are heading to the planet to meet with Bruce and Thor.” T’Challa explained cupping Everett’s cheeks and meeting those wide blue eyes.

 “Shuri? Peter? Maribel?”

 “Taken.” Strange said softly as Everett looked down.

 “I’m sorry…I tried…I failed…”

 “No. You did your best. Honestly I am impressed with how you got out of that fight with a Sith Lord with the injuries you did. Not too many non Jedi can survive a fight with someone like her.” Strange said gently as Everett looked at him and nodded. They felt the ship shake some indicating they entered the atmosphere as Strange stood up. “I’ll go see if I can find some other clothes for him.”

 “There should be some spare clothes in the side panel near the back of the lounge.” T’Challa said examining Everett’s wounds as Strange nodded and walked over to the area. He opened a panel when suddenly he cried out and fell to his knees, using his good hand to keep himself from face planting on the metal floor.

 

Pain surrounded him as he heard crying and harsh voices. He recognized a cry of pain belonging to Peter and pleading from a female voice…Shuri…

 He saw the three young ones in a cell on a ship, an imperial cruiser most likely, as an imposing large man loomed over the three.

 He saw Peter in the arms of Shuri, worse for wear as Maribel clung to Shuri’s arm. “Maribel! Talk to me!” Strange tried to reach out to his frightened apprentice.

 “Master! Help! I hear you but I don’t see you. I am scared! So scared! They hurt Peter. A guard was being mean to Shuri and Peter tried to stop him.”

 “Where are you? Tell me anything!”

 “I don’t know! Please come!”

 “Maribel! Maribel!” Strange cried out with the force when everything went dark and he heard familiar voices around him.

 

 “Stephen! Stephen look at me! Come back!” Tony cried kneeling front of Strange shaking him.

 Strange gasped and grasped Tony’s shirt tight. “You’re back, you’re here. You’re safe.” Tony said softly as Strange saw everyone around him.

 “What happened Stephen? One minute you were standing and the next you were on the ground in pain.” T’Challa said as Strange took a deep breath.

 “I saw them. I saw Peter, Shuri, and Maribel. They are alive but I don’t know where they are…I saw a massive figure…a Moff of some sort…”

 “Were there any identifying things?” Steve asked as Strange shook his head.

 “No…I know they were on a cruiser…imperial most likely if he is a Moff. He works with the Sith…oh Maribel…she was so scared…” Strange whispered as Tony took the Jedi in his arms.

 “I know. She’ll be okay though…she’s strong.” Tony said stroking his lover’s back.

 “Shuri? How was she?” T’Challa asked as Strange looked at him.

 “She was okay, not too badly injured.”

 “Peter?” Tony asked as Strange pulled back and looked at Tony.

 “He’s in good hands.”

 “Stephen what are you not telling me.”

 “He’s alive. Disobeyed some guards and got a slight beating.” Strange said not wanting to lie but also not wanting to tell the full truth.

 “We need to find them.” Tony said as everyone nodded.

 “Yes but we need to regroup and come up with a plan. We have no idea where they are or anything like that.” Steve said standing up as Tony and Bucky helped Strange up.

 “One thing at a time. We need to locate Bruce and Thor.” Bucky said as T’Challa walked over to Everett with the clothes. He dressed Everett as best he could and wrapped a cloaked around him.

 Scooping Everett up bridal style he nodded to the others. “Let’s go.”

 Gathering their supplies and weapons, Steve opened the door and lowered the boarding plank. They entered the busy hangar as Tony was greeted by a male Twi’lek requesting the docking fee. Strange looked around the busy port seeing all different kind of races and ships. “So how do we even begin to find your friend.” Bucky asked looking around as Tony waved to the Twi’lek and turned to the group.

 “The one place I know he’ll be working. Come on.” Tony said as the group followed him. They left the port and walked through the small city mostly filled with repair and spare part stores along with bars. There were a few betting arenas and small casinos but most of the betting it seemed took place inside the bars. T’Challa pulled Everett closer constantly sweeping the area for any types of threats. “Relax T’Challa, most people here are too focused on themself.” Tony said nodding to a few Toydarians who were discussing the outcome of a race.

 They finally came upon a large stone establishment that had a large statue out front of a finely dressed man looking regal.

 “I take it that’s the so called Grandmaster.” Steve commented as Tony nodded.

 “You think I have an ego you should see this guy.” Tony said with chuckle as they entered the building standing in a brightly lit lobby filled with beings from all over the galaxy. There was a large fountain in the middle with the same statue in the middle of it but in a slightly different position. The Grandmaster fountain statue was standing there with his hand up and water pouring out of his palm. They looked around seeing three different areas that the lobby led too.

 The one on the right was a bar/dining area while on the left was a casino that had different games and a race track with womp rats. In front of them was a larger room with a fighting rink in the middle where a crowd gathered around the ring shouting and cheering.

 “So where would Bruce be?” Steve asked as Tony nodded to the casino area.

 “He runs one of the betting tables in there.” Tony said as T’Challa walked over to a bench and set Everett down. Everett leaned against the wall letting out a pained breath.

 “T’Challa why don’t you, Razor, and Bucky wait here. Stephen, Steve let’s go visit my friend.” Tony said as they all nodded. They walked toward the casino area, dodging people, as Strange suddenly felt a ripple in the Force. He froze and looked around instantly knowing a Jedi was here.

 “Steph you okay?” Tony asked as Steve looked at the two.

 “There’s another one like me here…I just felt his or her presence.”

 “You’re kidding! Another Jedi?!” Steve exclaimed as Tony and Strange glared at him. Steve realized what he did and saw a few people look over at them.

 “Sorry…but does it matter? I mean we are on the outer rim.” Steve said lowering his voice.

 “Empire may not be here but bounty hunters are idiot.” Tony hissed softly as Steve just nodded.

 “Steph why don’t you go find this Jedi…maybe they can come with us. More Force power.” Tony suggested as Strange bit his bottom lip.

 Should he? Maybe the Jedi was safer hiding amongst these individuals and possibly happier. Strange shook his head. “No. If I felt them, they felt me. I will let them come to me. I will not disrupt the life they are leading or possibly place them in more danger.”

 Tony nodded and said “I understand.”

 “Well I don’t! They are a Jedi they should…”

 “Do what they feel is best for them, to keep themselves safe.” Strange said harshly glaring at Steve who just threw his hands up in frustration.

 “Come on. I see him.” Tony said nodding to a table where several beings stood cheering on the players.

 Strange looked over seeing a medium size man with curly brown hair, glasses, brown eyes and wearing a crisp red shirt with black pants. Strange could tell the man was uncomfortable with all the attention and crowds but did his best to hide it. Tony walked over to the table with Steve and Strange following him and took a disgruntled player’s spot when they left. “Three credits on the space ship.” Tony said setting down some money as Bruce looked over at the newcomer.

 “Uh…great…let’s see if you get lucky.” The man said in a shaky voice before clearing his throat and calling for other bets. Strange watched the awkward man when he felt it again, the ripple. He instantly turned and scanned the crowd. Who was it? It felt familiar but only just a little. Who would be here?

 Strange continued scanning his surroundings when he heard cheers and groans. He turned seeing Tony grinning and collecting the winnings. “What can I say, I got my good luck charm right here.” Tony exclaimed slapping Strange on the ass. Strange let out a small yelp and glared at Tony who just chuckled and kissed his cheek. Strange saw Bruce nod to a similarity dressed Aqualish who nodded back and came over.

 “I am taking my break. I’ll be back in an hour.” Bruce told the alien who just nodded and took his spot. Bruce adjusted his glasses and left the floor as Tony and the rest followed him.

 “Tony what are you doing here?” Bruce asked turning to his friend after they left the casino area.

 “Look we need help. It’s a long story and…”

 “Where’s Peter? Who are they?”

 “That’s part of the long story…we need a place to rest and lay low. Where’s Thor?” Tony asked as Bruce sighed.

 “In the ring.” Bruce said nodding to the larger room when they heard the dinging of a bell and shouts from the spectators.

 “I thought Thor didn’t do that anymore.”

 “When he isn’t being the bouncer, the Grandmaster likes to throw him into the ring. He has yet to lose and brings in a lot of credits. Let’s just say the happier the Grandmaster is the safer I am.” Bruce said as Tony nodded.

 “When do you get off?”

 “Not for another three hours. Look if you want I can give you the code to my place and you and your friends can wait there. Thor and I should be there in 3 or 4 hours. We can talk then.” Bruce said pulling out a pen and paper writing something on it.

 He handed it to Tony who looked at it. “That’s my address and code to get in. The area should be pretty quiet right now. It’s not far from here.”

 “Perfect. Thank you so much Bruce…I really appreciate it.” Tony said as Bruce sighed.

 “I just hope I don’t regret this. I love you Tony but where you are trouble seems to follow.” Bruce commented as Tony grinned.

 “That’s why you love me! Always an adventure with me around.”

  “I don’t need adventure.” Bruce said as Tony scoffed.

 “You always need adventure Bruce, how else do we keep that brain of yours in tip top shape.” Tony said ruffling Bruce’s hair when Strange instantly turned grabbing the wrist of a passerby.

 Time seemed to still as Strange met the crystal blue eyes of a young man with layered silver and black hair.

 

 “You’re the Jedi.”

 “How did you find me.”

 “I didn’t look for you…I felt you.”

 “I felt you too.”

 “Can we talk?”

 “It’s not safe.”

 “Come with me and my friends…they can be trusted.”

 “No. I am with my boyfriend…let me go.”

 

 Strange let the slim wrist go as the young man stepped back. “There you are my darling, you should know better than to run off.” An older man with short cut dirty blond hair said approaching them.

 “Sorry Clint…I got distracted.”

 “It’s all right. I…oh who is your friend.” Clint asked looking at Strange as the other man just looked at Strange with a subtle shake of his head.

 

 “He doesn’t know does he.”

 “Please don’t tell him.”

 

 “I was just asking him for the time, thank you for it.” Strange said as the young man nodded and smiled.

 “Of course! Glad I could help.”

 “That’s Pietro, always the helper. Going to get him in trouble one day.” Clint said with a laugh wrapping his arm around the man’s waist.

 Pietro. It can’t be. Strange faltered looking closer at the young man. It was then that he saw it. How did he miss it before? The Force signature, the face…he was looking at Wanda’s twin brother.

 “Stephen come on we’re heading out. Oh hey.” Tony said looking at the two as Strange just stood there frozen. “Stephen come on, it’s not nice to stare.” Tony said with a chuckle. “Sorry about him he's had a rough day.”

 “No worries, apparently my boy here was helping him out. Say you look familiar…have we met before?” Clint asked looking at Tony.

 “Um I don’t think so. I don’t get out much.”

 “Huh guess you just one of those faces.”

 “So I’ve been told.”

 

 “I know your sister. Wanda Maximoff. I was her master.”

 

 Pietro instantly looked at Strange eyes wide. Strange suddenly wondered if he made a mistake saying that but honestly felt like he needed to know. Most likely he had felt her death in the Force since twins tended to have a stronger Force connection than normal Jedi.

 

 “It’s true then…she’s gone.”

 “I am sorry. It happened so fast…she gave her life so I could flee…I tried to save her…I…”

 

 Suddenly Pietro launched himself at Strange as the two fell to the ground. “You let her die! You were meant to protect her! You fucking bastard!” Pietro screamed punching Strange across the face as a crowd started to gather cheering them on. Clint was instantly yanking the younger man off, who was still flailing around trying to hit Strange, as Tony pulled Strange back while Steve drew his gun and pointed it at the young man.

 “Steve put that away.” Strange said wincing as Tony helped get his broken hand back into the sling.

 “What is going on here! Who dares start a fight outside the designated fighting area.” A loud voice boomed as the crowd parted and the man that the statues depicted came forward with two guards.

 “Nothing sir, just a little misunderstanding.” Tony said helping Strange up as Clint nodded still holding the struggling young man. Strange could see Pietro’s icy blue energy rippling around him and knew that he was close to unleashing the force.

 “Tony let’s just get out of here.” Strange said walking towards the exit as Tony nodded.

 “Uh sorry for the trouble…we’ll just be leaving.” Tony said with a smile pushing Steve forward and nodding to Bucky and T’Challa.

 “Good. You will leave with them. I do not tolerate violence when I cannot benefit from it. Shoo move on.” The Grandmaster declared making a shooing motion with his hand before turning and leaving.

 “What the hell was all that back there!” Bucky demanded as Tony examined Strange’s busted lip.

 “I am wondering the same thing.” Tony said looking at Strange who sighed.

 “It isn’t safe to talk here. We should head Bruce’s place…I will explain there.”

 “Hey! What the hell was that?” They all turned seeing Clint and Pietro walk over when Tony stood in front of the Strange.

 “I should be asking you that! You are lucky my boyfriend here doesn’t press charges.” Tony spat arms crossed over his chest.

 “Tony please…I have no intention to do so.” Strange said looking at the two.

 “I appreciate that. I have never seen him lash out like that before…what did you say or do to him.” Clint asked as Strange shrugged.

 “I don’t know.”

 “Pietro? Did this man hurt you?”

 “He uh…sorry I had a flashback and thought he was someone else.” Pietro said as Clint sighed.

 “Oh. I am so sorry. Pietro here fought in the Clone Wars after his people were slaughtered. He still suffers from the trauma. He won’t talk about it much but I don’t push him.”

 “It’s all right. Those were difficult times.” Strange said looking at Pietro.

 “You speak like you know.”

 “I uh fought in them too.” Strange said with a shrug as Clint nodded.

 “For real? Where were you stationed?”

 “He doesn’t really like talking about it either. So uh let’s just apologize and go our separate ways.” Tony suggested when Everett let out a pained moan.

 “Whoa he doesn’t look good.”

 “He’s fine…he just needs some rest.” T’Challa said instantly as Tony nodded.

 “Well see yah around.” Tony said grabbing Strange’s good hand and pulling him off as Strange looked back meeting those hurt crystal blue eyes once more.

Chapter 25

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Tony punched in the code that allowed the group to let themselves into the Odinson household. Looking around they saw that it was a tiny abode with a living room area that opened into the kitchen and dining area. There were two different doors which the group surmised were probably the bedroom and the fresher.

T’Challa set Everett on the couch and started removing the cloak and shirt. When they were removed, he started to examine the injuries. He removed the current bacta patches and pulled out some fresh ones to replace them. Razor walked around the place sniffing and trilling before glancing back the group.

“All right Jedi spill. What the hell was that back there.” Bucky demanded as Strange sighed.

“That was Pietro Maximoff. His sister Wanda was my apprentice…he was being trained under my friend Mordo…if he is alive and fleeing then I feel like Mordo’s fate is not good. He blames me for his sister’s death. Which I honestly do not blame him. I should have done more to protect her…I…”

“Stephen we’ve been over this. She chose to let you live. She knew you would be better off saving Maribel or any of the younglings than she would. Her death is not your fault! It is the fucking Empire’s fault!” Tony growled as Strange looked at his lover.

“Tony is right Stephen. The Empire is responsible for the pain that boy felt, for the death of his sister and the ending of the Jedi. Just like they are for the destruction of my family and home.” T’Challa said brushing back some of Everett’s hair from his forehead.

“The man he is with…doesn’t know who Pietro is…he doesn’t know that man is a Jedi.” Strange admitted as the group looked at him.

“How is that possible? Wouldn’t he sense it? I am sure Pietro probably let his power known.” Steve inquired sitting down at the table as Strange shrugged.

“An apprentice his age would learn how to control his Force abilities. Unlike Maribel who is young and still learning that particular skill. Also only other Force sensitive beings would be able to detect him…until he learns how to hide his Force signature.”

“Wait hide his Force signature?” Bucky asked as Strange nodded.

“When a Jedi is strong enough they can learn how to mask their Force signature so that other force sensitive beings can’t detect them. It is usually a Jedi knight skill…I only let my signature be noticed after I sensed his. To let him find me if he wanted to.”

“What about the time on Correlia with the Sith Lords? Couldn’t you mask it then?” Tony asked as Strange shook his head.

“I was too weak. Plus the Sith already knew I was coming thanks to the bounty hunter. It wouldn’t have mattered.”

“What will happen with him then?” T’Challa asked as Strange sighed.

“He will have to decide his own fate. He felt his sister’s death and I only confirmed it. He’ll have to decide what future he wants.”

“At least his boyfriend seems to be kind and understanding.” Steve commented as Strange nodded.

“Yes. I just hope he will stay that way should his powers be discovered.” Strange said sitting on the floor and leaning against the couch and closing his eyes.

 

4 hours later, the group jumped to alertness as they heard the door open. They saw Bruce enter with a taller, broad shouldered, muscular man, who had shoulder length blond hair and a matching beard. He wore a blue tunic with black pants and gave the group a large smile.

“Hello friends of Bruce! I am Thor Odinson my star’s husband. I am glad to see you have made yourselves at home here.” Thor said in a loud yet jovial voice as Bruce set his bag down.

“I knew it! Trouble always follows you Tony Stark. You trying to get me noticed?”

“Oh come on Bruce, no way we would be associated with you. It’s all good.”

“What was that though? Why did that man attack you?” Bruce asked looking at Strange who looked at Tony.

“Bruce just so you know Stephen here is not only my boyfriend but he is a Jedi. The man that attacked him was also a Jedi. In fact he was the brother of Stephen’s apprentice who was killed in the Order 66 ordeal.” Tony explained as Bruce just stared at him.

“Fucking hell Tony! What are you doing to me! A Jedi! You know Jedi are wanted by the Empire and you know who else is wanted by the Empire? ME! Oh good lord this is not good…this…” Bruce started panicking, gripping his hair in his hands, and pacing the small apartment as Tony stood up.

“Hey, hey, hey! It’s all right, you are safe.”

“Safe?! I have a Jedi sitting in my living room!”

“No one knows he’s a Jedi except…” Tony started then stopped as Bruce just sat down at the table and rested his head on his forearms.

“Start from the beginning Tony…” Bruce sighed as Thor just walked over and started massaging Bruce’s shoulders as Tony began the story from the beginning.

When Tony finished the story Bruce just sat there in silence as Thor ran a hand through his hair and got up walking to the kitchen.

“Wow…that uh…Peter is kidnapped? Oh Tony…and Stephen…I don’t know what to say…you guys have seriously been through a lot.” Bruce finished looking at the group.

“That’s putting it mildly.” Bucky said as Steve nodded.

“He’s back. I thought I saw the last of him.” They all turned seeing Thor gripping the edges of the sink looking down.

“What do you mean Thor?” T’Challa asked before looking down at his husband who made a soft moan and shifted some, face scrunching in pain.

“I know this man you speak of. His name is Thanos. I have met him only once but I could never forget him or the company he keeps. I am glad to hear that two of his cronies are gone.”

“How do you know him and who is Thanos?” Tony asked looking at Bruce who just sighed.

“When I met Thor here he was just not licking his wounds but he was mourning. His people were slaughtered…his family…killed…”

“By that monster! He came to my planet and destroyed it! Razed it and everyone that was there. I was lucky to escape…a friend got me to a ship and I left…I abandoned them. I could do nothing.” Thor whispered as Bruce got up and went to his husband.

Bruce wrapped his arms around Thor’s chest and leaned against his back. “Thanos craves power. He thought…he thought a mystical force resided on my planet. Something that would give him ultimate power. It wasn’t exactly what he was looking for. It was strong yes, but it could never be wielded by him. Only someone from my bloodline. I watched him destroy it along with my brother, mother, sister, and father…I watched him murder my people out of anger as I cowardly fled!”

“I know a little something about that.” Strange said softly as Thor looked up and met the blue green gaze of the Jedi.

“I fled too when they came for me and the Jedi I was with. I fled with one youngling, one I promised to protect and now…now I failed her.” Strange said sadly as Thor sighed.

“It seems this man has caused great pain in both our lives.”

“Why would he want Maribel though? Peter? Shuri?” Steve asked looking at them.

“I had a vision back on your planet…the night before the attack. I was on a planet and Maribel was there being forced onto an altar…the female Sith Lord spoke about a power…” Strange recalled running a hand through his hair.

“It’s her. It’s in her.” They all looked at Everett who opened his eyes.

“What do you mean?” Bucky asked as Everett looked at them.

“Think about it. Stephen on that planet Batuu…her powers were strong right? You even said yourself she has great promise. Then on Corellia again her powers were on full power mode…this got the Sith’s attention. Then on our planet…why did they come? Maribel’s power. I bet you if Maribel didn’t have that spike of power they wouldn’t have come there as soon as they did. Plus why was their only goal getting the girl? Once they got her, they left. They weren’t after T’Challa, a royal, or you Stephen a Jedi…no they were after her.”

Everett took a pained breath and looked at Strange. “They are after something in Maribel. I don’t know much about the Force but what I do know, what I’ve heard, is that it is powerful in certain people. All that power in a small being? Imagine when she gets older. But more importantly all that power right now is raw, uncontrolled, pure chaos…just like a raw material…stronger in its original state before trained and tampered with.”

“Your saying that Thanos wants what’s inside Maribel? Wants her force abilities?” Tony asked as Everett shrugged.

“Can’t say for sure but it’s the only thing that makes sense. Why else capture a little girl?”

“One thing I can say is that the Empire isn’t big on child trafficking.” Bruce commented with a snort as he moved away from Thor.

“Okay so we got the why they wanted her but where are they going? Why did they want Shuri and Peter?” Tony asked as Everett with a sigh.

“Eh collateral most likely. How else to make Maribel cooperate. If they don’t have her master get someone else she is close to.” Everett said with a weak wave of his hand.

“Damn for someone who is practically out of it you are pretty good at putting things together.” Steve said giving Everett an approving nod.

“I wasn’t part of the Naboo royal guard for my fighting skills or good looks.” Everett said with a smirk.

“It definitely was a perk though.” T’Challa added leaning down and kissing his husband.

“Where are they going though?” Bruce asked as they all just shrugged.

“Somewhere with an altar.” Strange said as Bucky rolls his eyes.

“Nice deduction. That’s like all the planets out there.”

“Just throwing this out there…any planet with Jedi affiliation? Or Sith?” Bruce asked walking over to the fridge and pulling out some containers.

“I mean there are a few planets that are said to harbor ancient Jedi temples and shrines. From the early days.” Strange said stroking his goatee thoughtfully.

“Are we just focusing on those or should we look into Sith related temples too.” Tony asked sitting at the table and resting his chin on his hand.

“Extracting someone’s life Force sounds very Sith related. I highly doubt a planet that support Jedi would be conducive to that.” Bruce shared starting to heat up some food as Thor started pulling out some plates and bowls.

“Well some Jedi before turning to the dark side would practice dark side rituals deep within Jedi walls.” Strange commented as they nodded.

“Still can we even narrow down a list? There has to be at least a dozen planets out there and who knows how long we have until they reach their target.” Bucky said watching Thor and Bruce move around the kitchen. “Whatcha doing?”

“Making food. Sorry it’s not much but our leftovers should be enough to feed all of you.” Bruce explained as Tony got up and walked over peering over Bruce’s shoulder.

“What is that?”

“Meat from the local butcher stewed in blue milk and spices with rice. It’s actually pretty good.” Bruce said stirring the pot.

“You make it?” Steve asked as Bruce chuckled.

“No that would be Thor. Thor is practically the handyman and cook around the house. After dinner I can take a closer look at Everett’s wounds and figure out the next best thing for him.”

T’Challa nodded and looked down Everett who just sighed. “This sucks.”

“Well you should know better than to tangle with a Sith Lord beloved.” T’Challa said with a chuckle as Everett just let out an indignant huff.

“Excuse me trying to protect Maribel and the others.”

“I really do appreciate that Everett. And…”

“Holy stars above! What the fuck is a Nexu doing in my house!” Bruce shouted as they all saw Razor poke her head around from atop of the fridge trilling.

“There you are Razor. Get down from there.” Tony scolded as Razor growled softly and jumped down before shaking out her body.

“That’s Razor. She’s Maribel’s pet.” T’Challa explained as Bruce just looked at the Nexu then at the group still pressed tight against the counter, spoon clutched with both hands to his chest.

“Pet? A Nexu?” Bruce stammered as Razor sat down on her back haunches and blinked her 4 green eyes owlishly at Bruce then to the food cooking on the stove.

“At ease my star. My sister had an Acklay as a pet and my brother a Fathier. It is not uncommon for…”

“Yes! Yes it is! Why can’t people just have Squalls or Womp Rats or TaunTauns…you know normal pets.”

“True but how fitting for a Jedi to have a Nexu. I mean come on Brucie…” Tony said with a smile as Bruce just sighed.

“I take it she’s not fully grown.”

“Nope apparently she’s still a kit. Full grown she would have broken your fridge.” Strange said as Razor chirped and trotted over to him before curling up as best she could in his lap purring.

Notes:

Pictures of the animals listed in the story so you all can have a visual:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Acklay/Legends

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Womp_rat/Legends

(the two above are what the creature Ack-Rats are made of)

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Fathier

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tauntaun

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Squall_(species)

Chapter 26

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 “Peter? Come on Peter please wake up.” Shuri whispered holding the other teen close. Maribel sat next to her, eyes closed, as purple light emitted from her hands over a pretty bad gash on Peter’s thigh.

 Peter finally opened his eyes and groaned softly as both females sighed in relief. “Shuri…are you okay? Did…”

 “Shh I am okay thanks to you.” Shuri explained as Peter just sighed in relief.

 Peter allowed himself to relax in the arms of Shuri hoping that those guards learned a lesson. When they had awoken, they had tried to decipher where they were. They each had shared what they last remembered and Maribel explained that they were most likely on an Imperial ship. That was confirmed when two Imperial navy troopers had appeared with the female Sith Lord and a grand moff by the name of Thanos.

 All Peter could remember of that first encounter was Thanos saying something about finally having Maribel and that they should make themselves comfortable for the flight would be long. Then the female Sith Lord, Proxima Midnight was her name, growled something at Shuri about being a pain in the ass before leaving. This had left them with the two troopers who he recalled looked at Shuri in a not so good way. It was then that shit hit the fan when one grabbed her, pinning her to the wall before pressing his body against hers saying filthy things to her.

 Peter had seen Shuri struggle against the trooper's hold but due to her injuries wasn't able to get free of his grasp. Peter, without thinking, had lunged at the guy demanding he let her go and beating him as best he could. Unfortunately he was in no better state than her, so when the other one decided to join in he got the beating of a lifetime. The only thing that saved him and Shuri in the end was another force blast from Maribel who was screaming for the troopers to leave them alone.

 “Peter you with me? Peter!” Peter came back to the present at Shuri’s voice and gave her a weak grin.

 “Yeah I’m here.” Peter said sitting up with a grunt and looking at Maribel.

 “Are you all right Maribel?”

 “I think so…I was briefly able to get something to my master but I am afraid it was a lost cause. There is no way he will know where we are going since I don’t even know.” Maribel said softly as Shuri stood up and walked to the cell door then turned looking around. “I’m sorry…this is my fault. I got you all into this mess because of my power. We know Thanos wants me…why I don’t know…but if I had just…”

 “This isn’t your fault. We’ll get out of this. I am sure Mr. Stark and Master Strange are trying to figure out where we are at. Maybe we can get something from the guards. Don’t you Jedi do Jedi mind tricks?” Peter asked looking at Maribel.

 “I don’t know how. That isn’t something a youngling learns.” Maribel said with a sniffle wiping her eyes.

 “Well okay um what about mind reading or…”

 “I don’t know how to do any of that! I am a pathetic little Jedi youngling with no skills except some insane power that only activates when I am in extreme distress!” Maribel shouted standing up as she started glowing purple.

 While Peter or Shuri couldn’t see the aura, they could feel the change the atmosphere. “Maribel you need to calm down. This won’t…” Peter started when the door to the room opened and two guards along with Thanos appeared with the Sith Lord.

 “Restrain her! We need her to conserve her power!” Thanos demanded as Proxima Midnight nodded and flung Maribel back against the wall.

 “STOP!” Peter cried getting up when one of the guards restrained him. Proxima Midnight walked over to Maribel and pulled out a collar.

 “Had Glaive work on this. Finally he finished…just in time too.” Proxima Midnight said with an evil grin as she put the collar around Maribel’s neck.

 Suddenly the atmosphere returned to normal as Maribel fell to the floor in daze. “What did you do to her!” Shuri demanded as Thanos turned to the young female.

 “Put a Force inhibitor on her. I can’t have my prized possession using up all her power. We will be arriving at our location soon and I need her to have as much Force as possible.”

 “Where are we going?” Shuri asked as Thanos chuckled cupping her cheek.

 “Don’t worry about it little one, it isn’t important at the moment. Just try and rest. That goes for you too young man, don’t want to anger the guards again.” Thanos commented to Peter who struggled against the trooper who restrained him. 

 “Come Proxima we have business to tend to.” Thanos said leaving as Proxima Midnight nodded and started to follow him out giving Shuri a glare.

 Shuri returned it then grinning said “I take it you never had a non Jedi nor Sith get the best of you before. How are your wounds doing by the way? My twin blasters do pack quite a punch and Everett has some mad sword skills.”

 “I will take great joy in ending your life bitch.” Proxima Midnight growled getting up in Shuri’s space as Thanos called her name.

 “Right back atcha Sith witch.” Shuri responded moving into Proxima Midnight’s space so there was barely any room between them.

 “Proxima now!” Thanos ordered as the Sith Lord growled and stepped back before leaving. The door closed as Shuri looked at the two guards. She saw the one holding Peter let him go and the one that was standing by in case assistance was needed, was the one from earlier.

 She quickly looked him up and down seeing he had a blaster on his side and wondered if she could somehow grab it when suddenly she saw something even better than a blaster. Mentally hating herself for what she was about to do, she reached up and undid her hair from the messy bun. Her hair fell in loose braids around her shoulders as she took a deep breath.

 “Look uh…I want to apologize for earlier.” She said softly as the guard by the door turned to her as did Peter and the other guard.

 “Shuri?”

 “Not now Peter.” Shuri said walking to the guard with a sway in her hips. “I understand that it must get oh so lonely on this ship and that earlier I was probably the first available female you've had in a while. I mean Proxima…well she would just chew you up…and I am sure there is a no dating policy among your co workers…I was just nervous because well…I’ve never been with a man before.” Shuri said in a demure voice sauntering up to the guard. “But now looking at you…in your full regalia and I am more aware of my surroundings and fate…I can see you are quite a catch.” She said seductively pushing the guard against the door.

 She glanced back at the other guard and said “I haven’t forgotten about you…how lucky could a girl get to have two strong military men taking care of her.” She ran her hand down the Imperial Navy officer’s chest seeing his eyes become dark with lust. She let her hand rest on his waist and biting her bottom lip cupped his hardening cock. “Oh my you are so big…you must be the talk of the ladies.” She purred hearing him moan softly as he began rutting against her hand.

 “Well I don’t like to brag. But I do tend to be popular on the planets we stop on.” He said cupping her cheek and tracing her lips with his thumb.

 “I can imagine.” She said letting her other hand dip down and trace along his belt bypassing the blaster, and squeezing his ass. “Pretty good on this end too.”

 “Shuri what are you…”

 “Hush Peter, I am doing something I should have done earlier.” She said glancing back at him then at the other guard who was just watching, mouth agape. She saw Maribel distracted by the collar on her neck, trying to get it off, and was glad that Maribel wasn’t seeing this at the moment. Suddenly she felt two hands on her hips quickly spin her before pressing her against the cell wall. Peter started forward when the other guard grabbed his arm holding him back.

 “Glad you came to your senses missy. You should be honored to be fucked by someone of the Imperial Army.”

 “Hmm I bet.” Shuri purred letting her hand move away from his covered cock and to his other hip where her targeted goal was resting.

 She grabbed what she was after, quickly sticking it in her boot since her legs were up and around the guard’s waist. She seriously hoped whatever the guard thought would happen wouldn’t but she was prepared. She felt his gloved hand groping her chest as she bit her lip arching into the touch, pretending to be enjoying it. “You are definitely one of the prettier captives we’ve ever had. Think I’ll fuck you right here.” The guard said then turning back to Peter smirked. “Better watch and learn boy. I’ll show you how to treat a lady.”

 Shuri saw the hurt and confusion on Peter’s face and felt it tear her heart in two. She tried to get him to understand with her eyes but felt like it wasn’t working. She grunted softly feeling the guard's other hand grab her crotch and start rubbing it. “So I would be your first huh? Nothing better than fucking a virgin. Why don’t we get started huh.” Shuri leaned her head back and closed her eyes cursing herself mentally. 

 “Shuri? What’s going on?” Maribel suddenly asked as Shuri looked over seeing Maribel looking at her.

 “Hmm as much as I would love to…I would prefer a private room…or private cell…just the two of us. I mean I am sure you are still on shift and well there are young eyes here.” Shuri said suddenly in a breathy tone nodding to Maribel.

 “Fuck you are right. After my shift we’ll pick up where we left off. I know a cell two blocks down that is empty.”

 “Perfect. It’s a date.” Shuri purred when the guard let her go and stepping back righted himself.

 “Come on let’s go.” The guard said turning to his partner who let Peter go and followed the other one out. When the door closed Shuri just let out a sigh and shook herself.

 “Fucking hell that was awful.” She muttered putting her hair back up in the bun and reaching into her boot grinned at what she pulled out.

 “Shuri what was that? Did you mean what you said? I uh…” Peter did not know how to process or feel what he just witnessed. Did he just imagine everything between him and Shuri? Did she truly want older men and not him? He watched her walk over to the paneling by the door and kneeling down reaching into her other boot pulling out a metal rod that to the naked eye looked like part of the heel support.

 “That Peter was me using what the gods gave me to our advantage.” Shuri said matter of factly as she used the metal rod to pry open the paneling.

 “Wait what…”

 Shuri rolled her eyes and explained as she started messing with the wiring and the communicator she took from her target. “I used my body that guard was so interested in to my advantage. While he was distracted copping a feel and rutting like an Aak Dog in heat, I took his communicator.”

 “Wait so it was just distraction?”

 “Ding ding ding, we have a winner!” Shuri exclaimed as she opened the metal rod and pressing a button on it started to solder some wires together, some apart, and then took the bottom half of the communicator apart.

 Maribel giggled saying “That was awesome! So smart of you Shuri.” Maribel walked over and knelt next to Shuri watching what she was doing.

 “Oh…I guess that makes sense…” Peter said feeling foolish now remembering how his aunt May would sometimes flirt with vendors to get lower prices on goods. Hell even Mr. Stark did that to his patrons to get better prices.

 “So what are you doing with the communicator.” Peter asked kneeling on the other side of Shuri.

 “I am hoping by connecting it with some wires that lead to outside the ship I can possibly boost the range and frequency, possibly getting someone who can help.” Shuri said simply as the two watched her work.

 “Will it work?” Maribel asked as Shuri shrugged.

 “We’ll see. Since you communicating with your master is now out of the question thanks to that damn collar this is our only hope.” Shuri explained as Peter nodded.

 “Hopefully we’ll get someone we know…like Mr. Stark.”

 “Or master!” Maribel said excitedly as Shuri could’t help but smile at Maribel’s excitement.

 “Okay here we go.” Shuri said after 10 more minutes and turned the communicator on.

Notes:

Who will the kids reach with the communicator? Found out in the next chapter!

Chapter 27

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Natasha leaned back in her pilot seat looking at her datapad to find a new mission when suddenly her communicator started blinking. She looked at her console confused since she wasn’t expecting a transmission. Sitting up, she checked the coordinators and saw that it was from pretty far away and on an imperial frequency.

“Huh maybe they have another mission for me.” She said softly as she opened the line. “Black Widow here.”

“Hello? Can you hear me?”

Natasha sat there confused. Was that a young woman? She didn’t think the Imperial forces recruited so young.

“Yes I can hear you. Where are you calling from?”

“Look this is going to sound really weird but I am not sure how much time I have. You have to help me. We’ve been captured by the Imperial forces and they want to kill the Jedi youngling I am with.”

“Wait hold up. Who wants to kill who? Who are you?”

“My name is Shuri. I am with my friends Peter and Maribel. You need to locate or somehow contact a Stephen Strange, Tony Stark, Bucky Barnes, Steve Rogers, T’Challa and/or Everett Ross.”

“Bruce Banner and Thor Odinson too! But preferably my master!”

“Wait I know that voice! Maribel?”

“You know me?”

“Holy shit! You are that Jedi youngling I transported to Corellia with that other Jedi.”

“You remember!”

“Of course, you were quite the cutie and not many travel with a Nexu.”

“You need to help us! Please. They want to kill me I think. A guy by the name of Thanos.”

“We were captured from the planet Chandrila. My brother T’Challa and his husband lived there.”

“They were talking about going to see Bruce and Thor on the planet Castilon! Mr. Stark is friends with Bruce.”

“Okay kids I think I am understanding this but I don’t know half the people you are talking about. All I know is Strange, Maribel, and I’ve heard the name Stark, Banner, and T’Challa. Anyways do you know where you are going?”

“No we don’t.”

Natasha sat there taking this in and said “Hang on…I may be able to find out the trajectory of the ship you are on. You said Thanos?”

“Yes! Grand Moff Thanos has us and is working with a Sith Lord by the name of Proxima Midnight!”

“Okay I do know both those names.”

“She was the one you tried to sell me and my master too…”

“I know sweetie…look I am going to do my best and try to figure out how to get them to you. Just hang in there okay?”

“We’re trying but we don’t know how much longer we have.”

“Shuri, correct?”

“Yes.”

“I know it seems difficult right now but you have to remain strong. You sound like a very capable young lady so you need to keep the other two calm, can you do that?”

“Yes I can. Just please hurry.”

“Hurry Ms. Natasha…they put a collar on me so I can’t use my Force. I am scared and I want master to know I am okay…”

“I know Maribel but like I told Shuri you have to be strong okay? Can you also do the for me?”

“Yes Ms. Natasha.”

“Okay. I am going to delete this transmission. Shuri you need to dispose of all evidence that you reached out to me.”

“Done. Thank you Ms. Natasha…or Black Widow?”

“Either one works. Bye now.”

“Bye!” Shuri and Peter said together.

“Bye Ms. Natasha! Thank you!” Maribel said after them as Natasha couldn't help but feel a burst of anger course through at the thought of someone hurting Maribel.

Natasha hung up and instantly got to work. First she deleted the transmission then she spun her chair around to her computer network system and worked on hacking into the Imperial Database. It took her longer than she thought it would figure out the information she needed, but finally she found Thanos’ ship and where it was headed. “Devaron huh…odd.” Turning back to her console she put the planets mentioned into her star map before calling up her contact on Castilon.

“Nat?”

“Clint hey.”

“Hey! It’s good to hear from you. What’s going on?”

“Not much is this connection secure?”

“Hang on.” After a few minutes of silence she heard Clint return. “Now it is. What’s up. You on a mission?”

“Sort of…kind of off the record. Listen do you happen to know a Bruce Banner or Thor on your planet?”

“I know of a Thor that tends to fight in the Grandmaster’s rings. Wait wasn’t Bruce Banner the scientist that defected from the CIS?”

“That is what I was thinking. I felt like I had heard that name before. Anyways they are located on your planet yes?”

“I think so why.”

“Do you know them?”

“Well not personally.”

“Okay this is going to sound really weird but you need to bear with me here.” Natasha started as she heard a chuckle from Clint.

“Nat after what happened that one time on Batuu nothing you say can sound weird.”

“That was a crazy time wasn’t it. Well this isn’t Batuu again.”

“Good to know. So what’s on your mind.”

Natasha told Clint everything she got from the kids as Clint was just silent on his end. “Clint you there?”

“Yeah just taking it all in. So let me get this straight. You got a transmission from Thanos’ ship that was done by three kids seeking help. One is a Jedi youngling that is going to be killed and the other two are with her.”

“Pretty much. They said that the list of people I mentioned were heading to your planet to find Bruce and Thor. Have you had any interaction with anyone or have any idea how to get in touch with them?”

“I may be able to get in touch with Thor…let me work on things on my end and I’ll get back to you. You said Devaron is where they are taking the kids?”

“Yes. We have to hurry Clint by my star maps projection, Chandrila is not that far from Devaron.”

“I’ll do my best. Stay tune.”

“Thanks Clint.” They ended the transmission as Natasha looked at her star map then at her datapad. “Fuck it.” She said tossing her datapad aside and setting a course to Devaron. No way was she letting this little cutie meet such an awful fate.

Notes:

Batuu is this universes equivalent of Budapest for Clint and Nat since it will come up a few more times.

Chapter 28

Notes:

Disclaimer: This chapter does discuss some graphic violence scenes that could be upsetting to some readers. Take care when reading.

Chapter Text

Strange sat in the middle of the living room meditating listening to the quiet sounds of the house settling for the night. Tony, Steve, and Bucky were asleep on various blankets and pillows around the living room as T’Challa shared the couch with Everett and Razor, who slept on the back of the couch tail resting on T'Challa's side.

Strange listened to the soft breathing around him and felt himself drift further into the Force processing the days events. After a pretty hearty meal, he watched as Bruce tended to Everett’s wound explaining that he had some basic training in first aid. Everett fortunately would survive his injuries but that rest was the best thing for him right now. Thor had provided Bruce with some salve that was used among his people for serious war injuries that seemed to speed up the healing process. Bruce had explained that the mixture had the rare Pala Plant that as found on only a few planets and sold for high prices in the black market. Everett had winced as the salve was placed on his wounds but shared that he instantly felt relief.

Strange suddenly opened his eyes. There it was. That same force signature. Strange stood up and grabbing his boots put them on softly. Grabbing his cloak he left the house closing the door behind him. Closing his eyes he picked up the signature and turning leapt up onto the roof. He continued jumping from roof to roof of the complex when he landed on the highest residence seeing a cloaked figure standing there.

“Thought you sensed me.”

“Pietro.” The figure turned and walked over to Strange. “Does Clint know you are here?”

“No. I snuck out. He is a very sound sleeper…which is good and bad.” Pietro said as Strange nodded.

“Look about earlier…”

“Don’t. I reacted horribly to something that was truly not your fault.”

“No you reacted like any normal person would. I tried to convince her Pietro…she ordered me to flee and I had Maribel and…”

Strange suddenly stopped talking feeling two fingers on his lips. “Shush. I know. I don’t blame you Stephen…I am sorry you had to experience what you did. She spoke so highly of you.”

“As Mordo did of you.” Strange responded as Pietro chuckled.

“I am surprised. I felt I drove him crazy more often then not.”

“Oh you did. He had a lot to say about that, but he also had a lot of wonderful things to say. You kept him on his toes which he loved. Pietro…what happened…”

Pietro sighed and sat down on the roof. “I haven’t told the true events to anyone…Clint only knows bits and pieces.”

Strange sat next to the young man and said “Tell me Pietro…please…Mordo was my friend.”

“Master Mordo and I were on Felucia with Master Aayla Secura. We and a few other Jedi were sent help her with some insurgents when the order was sent. Before the order, we all split up with our own battalion to cover more ground. We had been on that planet for about a month and the clone troopers we were with were great. Master Mordo and I helped keep the peace and did our missions when that day happened. Mordo had just finished talking with master Secura…I was standing by watching some of the wildlife when it started. It happened quickly yet felt like everything was moving in slow motion. I heard the powering up of blasters and turning saw the men I served with pointing them at me.

I froze. I just stood there stunned when Mordo jumped in front of me saber drawn. I jumped into action and together we fought the blaster bolts. We killed men we fought side by side with. I killed men I laughed with…even one I…” Pietro looked down, hands trembling. “One I fell in love with. He was my first kiss and I killed him. I knew it was him even though he was armored…I thrusted my saber through his chest as he fell to his knees. When he fell to the ground his helmet fell off and I met those eyes…I watched those eyes look up at me with hurt...fear…regret…eyes that I would lose myself in… I wanted to kiss him one last time but I couldn’t. I said one final goodbye before I had to flee with Mordo. We ran…we knew they were chasing us. More were coming and it wouldn’t be long until we were overrun.

Then it happened. I was asleep when I heard it. I was woken up by the most horrific cry and when I looked up from the hiding spot there was master Mordo…being tortured. Apparently these troopers were not like the others…these were made and bred to be nothing but ruthless interrogators. They were demanding him to tell them where I was. Apparently we were the only only Jedi still alive on Felucia. I couldn’t move…couldn’t leave. They would notice me. I could do nothing but hide in that little alcove as I listened to them torture my master. I tried to cover my ears but the cries were too much…Mordo never broke…I felt his life force slowly dwindle until it was gone.

When they left I got up and…Force…Mordo was nothing but a bloody mess. I knew now why he was screaming and making all those cries of pain...while he was still alive they had cut off all his limbs…then…had eviscerated him! I fled. I don’t know how long I did but I ran. I didn’t stop until I must have passed out. Next thing I know I am on a ship…someone saying I am safe…apparently these were refugees fleeing the Clone Wars battles on Felucia. They didn’t know who I was…or if they did…they didn’t care. That’s how I got here. I just traveled the streets here until I found Clint. He saved me from some muggers. He took me in and helped me heal…he found me a job and well I guess the rest is history.”

Strange just sat there taking in the young man’s story not believing that his friend was dead. “I am so sorry…so sorry you had to experience that…witness it…I can’t imagine.”

“What is your story Stephen.”

“I was on Dantooine with Wanda and the Dragonfly Clan. 12 adorable little younglings discovering nature and the Force around them. I was there when the order came. The troopers came out of nowhere…I didn’t even think there were any stationed there. Wanda and I had just returned from a pretty brutal battle and the Jedi council wanted to let us rest and recover. So we went with a clan to Dantooine. When they came we didn’t think much of it at first until they started firing. I watched those little bodies fall to the ground…

Wanda and I fought to protect as many of those youngling as we could but there were just too many. Wanda told me to flee, grab the younglings I could and run. The closest one was Maribel...I grabbed her and we fled. I was able to get off the planet and slowly made my way to Corellia. And…”

“How did she die.”

“Pietro…”

“Tell me damn it! How did my sister die! I deserve to know!” Pietro demanded looking up at Strange who met those icy blue eyes.

“I can’t…”

“TELL ME!” Pietro shouted getting to his knees and grabbing Strange’s tunic.

“They shot her. Execution style. They made her get on her knees and placed the blaster to her head. It was a quick death. Quick and painless.” Strange said in a soft voice as Pietro just nodded.

“She deserved nothing less.”

Strange just nodded seeing tears running down those cheeks. “I just wish I could have seen her one last time…I felt something dark in the Force while I was fleeing…I felt like it was her but I didn’t want to believe it…”

“I know.” Strange said softly placing a hand on Pietro’s shoulder.

“I don’t even have my lightsaber anymore. Were you able to get hers?” Pietro asked looking up at him as Strange closed his eyes.

“No. I wasn’t.”

Pietro just nodded and moved back returning to his spot on the roof. He pulled his knees to his chest saying “So what now?”

“I…don’t know. Right now I want to get Maribel back. Want to establish a safe place on Bogano.”

“That name…I heard it in my dreams.”

“It’s a refuge for Jedi.”

“You think there are more of us out there?”

“I do. I am pretty sure we aren’t the only ones left. It can be a place where we can rebuild…start again.”

“But I am no longer a Jedi. My sword is gone and I…I don’t know if I can be one again.”

“You will always be a Jedi Pietro. The Force will always be in you and will always flow through you. It will only be a matter of time before Clint knows.”

“He can never know…”

“Why?”

“Who would want to hook up with a Jedi? We are monsters, hated beings across the galaxies. Have you heard the news?”

“I have and if Clint truly loves you…he would know they were false. He seems to really care about you.”

“He holds me when I have nightmares. He never once pressured me into a relationship with him. He respected me and my boundaries. He helped me through my trauma…I love him.”

“Then he needs to know that part of you.” Strange said gently as Pietro looked at him.

“I’m scared to tell him…what if he doesn’t accept me for who I am?”

“Then he never deserved you. Right now we need all the supports we can get. In that house several feet down are several individuals that care for me and my cause. That want to fight the Empire for what they did to us.”

“The men you were with today.”

“Yes. One is my boyfriend. He knows who I am and has been a great support.”

“He took the news okay?”

“He did. As did the others. I feel like Clint will too.”

“I don’t want to be alone anymore.” Pietro said as he started sobbing and burying himself in Strange’s arms.

Strange held him close, pulling him into his lap, and cradling him gently. “I know. It’s hard thinking you are the only Jedi left…knowing that no one will understand…hiding a part of you that is amazing.”

Pietro just continued sobbing, clutching Strange’s tunic tight. “I wish I had my saber…I wish I had my master…I want my sister…why did this happen? Why did I have to kill Mitch? Why did he try to kill me? I loved him. We loved each other.”

Strange held the young man close gently rocking and hushing him. “I don’t know. I can’t imagine going through what you did. But you are not alone anymore Pietro. Not anymore.” Pietro just nodded continuing to sob and cry taking comfort from Strange, from the gentle Force waves he sent out and into Pietro. When it seemed Pietro finally calmed down, Strange gently shifted the young man seeing he had fallen asleep. Strange looked at him and realized just how young he was. Only 22 and experiencing shit no one should ever have to. Maribel was only 5 and experiencing just as much. Force help them.

With a sigh, Strange stood up and gently draped Pietro over his shoulder, due to his other arm being out of commission, as he jumped back down to the Odinson household. He opened the door softly and closed it just as softly entering the house. He had no idea how he would explain the newest addition to the household but there was no way he was going to track down this Clint in the dark of the night on a planet he didn’t know.

“Stephen? You okay?” Tony asked sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

“I am fine. Just went out for a bit. Go to sleep love.”

Tony blinked his eyes a few times then looked at Strange standing there with Pietro draped over his shoulder. “Um darling…why do you have a passed out young man with you? What kind of walk did you go on?”

“It’s Pietro.”

“The other Jedi?” Tony asked instantly awake as Strange nodded. Strange walked over and set Pietro down on the blanket meant for him, making sure his head was resting on a pillow before removing his boots and cloak.

“Okay I am going to need some explaining before I come to the conclusion that you kidnapped him because he is a Jedi.” Tony stated as Strange grabbed a nearby blanket and covered the sleeping Jedi.

“Tony I did not kidnap him. He came here…”

“Who did you kidnap! God damn it! Stop making me regret taking you in!”

They looked up seeing Bruce standing there wearing a robe as Tony said “What are you doing up?”

“Well I came out to get a glass of water only to hear talk of kidnapping and…why the hell is there a strange young man in my house!”

“It’s the other Jedi.” Tony said happily as Bruce just gave him a glare.

“Another? Oh great, let’s just have all the Jedi come to my house. Not like they are wanted by the Empire and those found harboring them would face the same penalty: DEATH!”

“My star why are you so worked up at this late hour?” Thor asked appearing in the door frame wearing nothing but shorts and rubbing his eyes.

“They kidnapped someone who happens to be a Jedi!”

“I did not kidnap him!” Strange said when Thor peered over.

“That’s a Jedi? He’s young. Hey! He’s Clint Barton’s boyfriend.”

Bruce looked over saying “Are you sure?”

“Yep. I know that silver hair anywhere.”

“What the hell! We need to get him out of here right now!”

“Wait who is Clint Barton?” Tony asked looking between the two.

“Pietro’s boyfriend.” Strange said as Thor and Bruce nodded.

“Did someone say Clint Barton?” They all looked over seeing Bucky sitting up and stretching.

“You know him?” Bruce asked as Bucky nodded.

“Yeah he went by the nickname Hawkeye when he ran with Black Widow.”

“Wait Black Widow? She’s the assassin that brought Maribel and I to Correlia.”

“You know Black Widow?” Bucky asked looking at Strange with wide eyes who nodded.

“Wow this is such a small world!” Thor exclaimed happily as Bruce just shook his head.

“No this is bad! I am trying to keep a low profile here! Black Widow is one of the most feared assassins and Clint is still a feared bounty hunter. Now I have his boyfriend in my house! You know who Clint targeted?” They all shook their heads as Bruce continued tone rising to panicked sounding levels. “Defected Imperial officers! AKA ME! If he knows I am here he’ll take me out!”

“But you aren’t part of that anymore.” Tony said trying to calm his friend down.

“Doesn’t matter! I was! Oh lord I didn’t realize he lived on this planet. Thor why didn’t you tell me he lived here?”

“Didn’t think it mattered my star. Don’t worry Clint and I are on good terms. He’s a friend from work. He sometimes joins in the rings but mostly does more of the precision contests.” Thor said walking over to the fridge and opening the door.

“Bucky how do you know Black Widow and Hawkeye?” Tony asked curious as Bucky rubbed the back of his head.

“Um I kind of ran with them too. When I went by White Wolf or Winter Soldier.” Bucky explained with a shrug looking around amazed Steve was still asleep. He gently kicked Steve who jumped up in alarm.

“What! Bucky are you all right?!” Steve exclaimed looking around as Tony waved.

“Hey sunshine. Bucky why did you wake him up?”

“Figured if we were all up why should he sleep.”

“What is going on? Who’s the kid?” Steve asked pointing to Pietro before looking around.

“The Jedi from earlier. Stephen kidnapped him.” Bucky said as Strange let out a groan.

“For the last time I did not kidnap him. He came here seeking me out.” Strange explained exasperated looking at them.

“And here I thought Stephen was one of the clean guys.” T’Challa muttered sitting up as they chuckled.

“What do you expect after hanging around with you all.” Bruce muttered grabbing the pitcher from Thor and pouring himself a glass of a red liquid.

“Stephen why is Pietro here.” Steve finally asked as Strange looked down at the sleeping man.

“He sought me out. We met and he shared with me all he had been through and wanted to know more about me. He doesn’t want to be alone anymore. He went through hell and I learned that his master, my dear friend is dead.” Strange said softly resting his forehead against his hand.

Tony instantly went to his boyfriend and pulled the trembling man into his arms. “I am so sorry my love.”

“I knew it was probably what happened but the way he went…he didn’t deserve that…they ripped him apart…tortured him…Pietro heard it all and saw the aftermath…just like I saw Wanda…those little ones…now Maribel…” Strange closed his eyes as tears started pouring from them.

“Oh Stephen.” Tony whispered as Strange turned and started sobbing as Tony took the Jedi in his arms. Everyone just sat or stood there in silence looking down offering a moment of silence for the fallen Jedi.

“Stephen we truly are sorry this happened. I can’t imagine the pain you and him went through.” Bucky said gently as Thor walked over and knelt in front of Strange.

“I know the pain of seeing loved ones torn apart. You never get over it and even though it gets easier to cope with, it will always be there.”

“Thor…that’s not exactly comforting.” Steve commented as Strange looked up at Thor.

“You will always have those memories Stephen but you get to decide how to handle those memories. You can let them debilitate you and make you live a life of pain and sorrow, or you can take those memories, embrace them, and use them to get justice. The Empire is nothing but a murderous organization. One that needs to be stopped. We may not be able to stop it entirely but we can stop that murderer. We can stop Thanos. You hear me. It’s okay to feel this pain and cry, I still have my moments but now it’s time to fight. To get back that adorable little girl you saved, your sister, and your son,” Thor looked at T’Challa and Tony before looking back at Stephen, “mourn those you lost but fight in their name.”

“I don’t even have her lightsaber to give Pietro…he lost his too…” Strange said suddenly as Thor just pulled Strange into a hug.

“It’s all right. You have yours and you have her memories. Pietro may not have is weapon but he has his powers and he can always wield another.” Thor said gently as Strange nodded and oddly felt a comfort in those strong arms. Thor parted and gripped Strange’s shoulders saying “You are a warrior of the Force Stephen Strange. They will regret messing with you and your kind.”

Strange nodded and wiped his eyes saying “Yeah.”

“Good. Now then we should all get some more shut eye for another few hours. I have a feeling we will be getting a visit from a certain Clint Barton come morning.”

“Oh lord.” Bruce muttered as Thor wrapped his arms around his husband.

“Do not worry my star, Clint will not lay a finger on your gorgeous curls. Now come, let us get some rest.” Thor said leading Bruce back into their room as the others bid them a good night.

Everyone else settled back down into their sleeping areas when Tony took Strange in his arms. “He’s not alone anymore Stephen.” Tony said softly stroking his lover’s cheek.

“I hope he decides to come to this planet with us.”

“Perhaps he will but if not at least he knows it’s there and he will be welcomed.”

“Thank you Tony for everything.”

“Of course my love. I love you. So much.”

“I love you too.” Strange said softly kissing Tony gently who returned the gentle kiss.

“Now come on, let’s get some sleep.” Tony said pulling Strange further into his arms watching his Jedi slowly fall asleep.

Chapter Text

It was around 10 when they heard the knock. When Pietro woke up 2 hours earlier, he immediately sent a message to Clint saying where he was. Razor looked at the door growling as everyone looked up from their plates of food as Pietro said “He’s here.” Strange took Pietro’s hand as Thor went to door.

“Clint! Hello.” Thor said when he was shoved aside and Clint entered the domicile.

“Clint!” Pietro cried getting up from the table and running to his boyfriend’s arms. Clint hugged Pietro tight, lifting the boy up who wrapped his legs and arms around his lover’s waist and neck.

“Pietro my love. I was so scared. When I woke up and you weren’t there, I feared the worse. Are you okay? Did they hurt you?” Clint asked looking Pietro over after setting him down.

“I am fine Clint, they took good care of me.” Pietro said as Clint looked over at the group.

“Explain.” Clint demanded as Tony started when Strange shook his head.

“My name is Stephen Strange I…”

“You are him! That means you are Tony and the group. Holy shit I found you!” Clint exclaimed with a grin looking around.

“Um I’m sorry how do you know us?” Tony asked walking over to stand next to Strange.

“Nat! Black Widow contacted me.”

“How did she know we were here or to contact you?” Bucky asked as Clint looked over and smiled big.

“Winter Soldier long time no see! Interesting company you are keeping.” Clint said with chuckle as Bucky just shrugged.

“Bruce Banner.”

“Look I left the Empire and have no desire to return and…”

“Relax I am not in that field anymore. I kind of retired…more or less.”

“You never retire fully from the field.” Bucky commented as Clint had to agree.

“Anyways! Back to the matter at hand. How did Nat know to contact you.” Tony asked as Strange nodded.

“Okay so Nat apparently got a call from three kids. Shuri, Peter, and Maribel.”

“Shuri! Is she okay!” T’Challa instantly asked getting up from the couch as Everett let out a whimper at losing his “pillow".

“I don’t know but Nat didn’t say anything about her being in distress and she was talking so I am guessing she is. They are being held prisoner by Grand Moff Thanos and are apparently being taken to the planet Devaron.”

“Why there?” Pietro asked looking at Strange who froze feeling everything come together.

“That is one of the more ancient of Jedi temples. Rumor has it that Sith like rituals were conducted there…rituals to remove a Jedi’s life Force and absorbing it to make the Sith Lord stronger.” Strange explained thinking back to his vision.

“That makes sense then. Apparently Maribel said something about them wanting to kill her.” Clint confirmed with a nod.

“We need to go as soon as possible. How far is that planet from here.” Strange asked looking at the others as Tony instantly went to Bruce’s home computer terminal.

“Pietro why did you come here? Why did you leave during the night?” Clint asked when Pietro looked at Strange then back at Clint.

“Clint I need to tell you something. The truth of who I am…of who he is.” Pietro said nodding to Strange as Clint looked between the two.

“Tell me.”

After Pietro and Strange finished their stories, Clint just held Pietro in his arms. “Fuck. Oh Pietro…I am so sorry. I wish you told me sooner.”

“I was scared…”

“I know you were darling. I would never hurt you, leave you, or turn you in. I love you my darling boy.” Clint said cupping Pietro’s face. Pietro sniffled and smiled closing his eyes. Clint just pulled Pietro onto his lap and wrapped his arms tight around him looking at Strange. “You trained his sister…her death…”

“It was quick.”

“His lightsaber? Hers?”

“I couldn’t get hers and he lost his.” Strange shared as Clint just nodded.

Clint kissed the top of Pietro’s head and said “I want to help you as much as I can. To think the Empire condoned this…my poor Pietro.”

“We can use all the help we can get especially since Everett and T’Challa are out of commission.” Steve said as both mentioned individuals made a displeased sound.

“Everett you are in no condition to fight. You are still healing.” Bucky pointed out as Everett grunted while sitting up with the help of the back of the couch.

“I am fine. I can still fight and I can…oh that hurts…” Everett commented falling back down as Razor jumped up on the back of the couch and looked down at Everett trilling softly.

“T’Challa you need to stay with Everett.” Steve said as Everett shook his head.

“No! Look we’ll go and I’ll just stay on the ship. I can be back up. You need all of us. T’Challa can fight so no need for us to stay back.” Everett said adamantly from where he laid on the couch waving his arms dramatically.

“All right I think that could work.” Steve said chuckling as Everett nodded and smiled at T’Challa.

“Okay so it looks like Devaron is about a 5 day journey from here. So we need to leave as soon as possible. We don’t know how close the enemy is to it.” Tony said walking back as they all nodded.

“Which ship should we take? The cruiser we came is in good condition but not necessarily made for fighting.” T’Challa advised as Bruce turned to Thor.

“How is our ship?”

“It’s in good condition but may be a little small for this group. When I fled my planet I had to take the first ship I could find.” Thor explained as they looked at Clint.

“My lady’s retired. Haven’t flown her in a few years. But I am sure she can take the journey.” Clint offered as Pietro just gave a look of unease.

“Yeah no. I love you Clint but I am not flying in that thing. It’s a death trap!” Pietro said as Clint just looked at him.

“It’s fine my love.”

“Last time we flew in it, it made weird noises. I vote for the Naboo cruiser.” Pietro said as Clint just sighed.

“Naboo cruiser it is. But we need to stock it up.” T’Challa advised as the others nodded.

 

2 hours later, Tony, Steve, and Bucky were in the cockpit guiding the ship off the planet.

“How are you feeling beloved?” T’Challa asked situating Everett on the couch in the lounging area of the ship.

“I am better, still hurt.”

“Well your wounds look better than before. That Pala Plant really worked wonders on your wounds.” T’Challa said pulling back the bandage seeing the gash on Everett’s chest no longer open and the injury on his side starting to close up.

“I wish I could fight with you.”

“I know my love but you need to rest. You’ll be safe here.” T’Challa said brushing back some strands of blond hair when he heard the door to the lounge open and Thor walk in with Clint carrying two bags each.

T’Challa stood up and walked over to the table as Strange, Pietro, and Bruce followed. “What is that?” Pietro asked as Clint opened the bags.

“Weapons and armor. We need to arm ourselves for this fight. We don’t know what we are going up against.”

“At least one Sith Lord. Leave her to me.” Strange said firmly as the others looked at him.

“You sure? That other Sith Lord kind of kicked your ass.” Steve said as they turned seeing Steve, Bucky, and Tony standing there.

“You should have seen what Stephen did to him.” Tony declared walking over and kissing Strange on the cheek.

“I’ll help you. I may have been an apprentice but I am still a Jedi.” Pietro said as Strange looked at the younger man.

“How you have no weapon?” Bruce said as Pietro looked at the weapons on the table. Pietro closed his eyes and held out his hand when a small metal looking rod flew to him. Opening his eyes he took several steps back and turned it on. A white vibro blade shot out from the top, forming a vibro sword. They watched as Pietro practiced some moves as Strange just smiled sadly. Watching Pietro fight and move reminded him of Wanda. He fought just like her. Granted he seemed to have more speed and agility to his moves where she put more strength and power behind hers. When he ended his practice he looked at the group and said “I think that’ll work.”

Strange nodded and said “Yes. Mordo trained you well.”

“He was great a teacher. I owe him a lot.” Pietro said softly as Strange walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“He was. And a great man. By stopping Thanos and this Sith Lord we’ll be ensuring that our brothers and sisters did not die in vain.” Strange said as Pietro looked at the older Jedi and nodded.

“Come on let’s go mediate then try some moves.” Strange suggested as he led Pietro out of the room as Razor followed.

“Wow that was impressive.” Thor said as Clint just beamed with pride.

“Had I known he was a Jedi earlier I would have made sure to keep him in practice.”

“What did he do back on that planet?” Bucky asked looking through the weapons grabbing a blaster and checking out a sniper rifle.

“Ran errands for me mostly. But he would do the odd job here and there around the city. Grandmaster would give him some shifts at the casino.” Clint said grabbing his bowcaster and checking it.

“How did you find him?” Bruce asked watching Tony bring out his armor and start fixing it.

“Well first I had passed him on the streets. He was homeless begging for money. Then I saw him in the casino working as a busboy in the bar/restaurant area. I was doing some precision contests for the Grandmaster when I caught him watching me. I don’t know something clicked. We started talking and I found out that he was basically sleeping in the basement of the Grandmaster’s facility and offered him the extra room in my house. I think he was under the impression that by staying with me, he would need to give me sexual favors. I assured him that was not the case. So we became roommates and slowly became more. We both suffered from nightmares and we helped each other through it…well he suffered more than I did. Now I know why.” Clint let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair.

“I don’t blame him but I wish he told me sooner. I wish he didn’t feel like he needed lie.” Client admitted sadly remembering how much weight seemed to be lifted off the young man’s shoulders when he finally told his story to Clint.

“You know why he had to. He loved you and didn’t want to put you in danger or perhaps have you put him in danger.” Steve said as Clint nodded.

“How did Stephen tell you Tony?” Clint asked looking at the inventor who was fixing his suit.

“He didn’t really. I found out when he used a Jedi Mind Trick on some clone troopers. I knew he was a wanted individual just didn’t know why. Peter found him in my warehouse. He was injured and Maribel was suffering from Corellia Pox. Peter demanded we take him in and heal them both.”

Tony let out a sigh and ran a hand over his face. “It’s all right Tony, we’ll get Peter back safely. Him and the others.” Bruce said squeezing his friend’s shoulder gently as Tony looked up at him.

“I hope so. Anything happens to that kid…I’ll never forgive myself.”

“Nor will I. I promised our mother I would watch out for Shuri…not that she made the job easy.” T’Challa said with chuckle looking at some daggers and a blaster. “I just…I am worried what all she may have endured being held prisoner. Imperial soldiers are not nice to female prisoners.” T’Challa shared in a soft voice when Thor looked up from his vibro axe.

“It sounds like she would give any imperial officer a run for his money. She sounds like she knows how to care for herself. I mean she figured out a way to communicate with the outside world. I am sure she could create a weapon with barely any objects.” Thor said with a smile as T’Challa just nodded.

“That’s so true.”

“Plus she has Peter and Maribel, they may not be able to do much but they would at least be able to help her. Remember Stephen had that vision. Peter took some damage helping Shuri.” Tony reminded the group as T’Challa just sighed.

“But why did he have to.”

“Don’t think about it. We need to focus on getting there and finding a way to rescue your kids.” Clint said as he finished cleaning his bowcaster and snapped a final piece into place. “I know I am ready to kill some Imperial scum.”

“Well we have five days so hold on to that energy.” Steve said from the table he sat at with Bucky going over their own weapons.

“Five days to prepare and plan our next moves.” T’Challa said as the others nodded in agreement.

Chapter 30

Notes:

Oh man hard to believe we are now 10 chapters away from the end! Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me and taken the time to read this story. Let the journey continue!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 “You think she’ll be able to get our message to the others?” Peter asked sitting next to Shuri in their cell as Maribel snored softly across their laps, her head in Shuri’s and legs across Peter’s.

 “I hope so. I know we weren’t able to tell her much but I hope what we did tell her was enough.” Shuri responded stroking Maribel’s hair staring at the collar.

 “You trying to figure out how to get that off?”

 “Yeah, it’s disgusting to collar a child. Well anyone for that matter but especially a child.”

 “Hard to believe that she is just five and yet experience so much trauma most adults don’t experience.” Peter admitted as Shuri just nodded.

 “We can’t let them kill her Peter. We can’t let them drain her life force and let that Thanos use it for himself.”

 “I know Shuri but we are kind of helpless right now. I mean once we get to our location we can maybe figure out a plan but…but honestly I have a bad feeling about this.”

 “And that is what I hate! I should be able to fix this! I am an inventor, a scientist! I fix problems.” Shuri growled loudly and with anger slamming her fist on the floor.

 They suddenly heard a soft whimpering sound as they looked down seeing Maribel shift and start to curl in on herself. “It’s okay Maribel…you’re okay.” Peter said softly stroking her cheek as Maribel let out a soft sigh and started to uncurl.

 “I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to get upset I just hate feeling useless.” Shuri said leaning her head against the wall and closing her eyes.

 “You are anything but that Shuri. You built a communicating device with just a communicator and your tool…which you were able to sneak by the guards. Your quick thinking and smarts got us connected with someone who increased our chances of getting rescued ten fold. If you hadn’t we would be in much worse shape. Right now we just have to wait and see what happens. I know waiting is the worst part but we’ve done all we can for now. What happens next we’ll have to face it as it comes.” Peter said taking Shuri’s hand in his and looking at her with a comforting smile.

 Shuri turned her head and looking at him smiled back. “Thanks Peter…I really appreciate you saying that. I needed to hear that.”

 “Anytime. We’ll be okay. Whatever happens we’ll face it together yeah?”

 “Yeah.” Shuri said squeezing Peter’s hand and then with a sigh rested her head on his shoulder.

 Peter blushed at this but smiled and in return rested his head on hers. “We’re in this together.” Shuri whispered as Peter just nodded.

 “Together.”

 

 Strange opened the door to one of the smaller rooms in the ship seeing Pietro sitting there crosslegged. Strange walked over and sat in front of him taking on a similar position.

 “Mordo had the worst time trying to get me to meditate. My mind was always racing, this way and that…” Pietro suddenly said eyes still closed.

 Strange opened his eyes and chuckled. “I remember. You had such a short attention span. Easily distracted…we were concerned you would not be able to focus on what was needed.”

 Pietro slowly opened his eyes and said “I know. But Wanda…she kept me grounded. Whenever we trained together I could feel her essence, her energy, she helped me feel what is like to have a calm mind.”

 Strange smiled sadly and getting to his knees placed his hand on Pietro’s. “She would be so proud to see the man, the Jedi you are. I know when the Clone Wars started you two rarely saw each other…but if she saw you today…”

 “She has. I felt her presence last night. She came to me in a dream…she’s okay and she told me I would be too.” Pietro said softly as Strange sighed.

 “She came to me in a dream too…said something similar.”

 “I miss her but she’s not gone. Same with Mordo.” Pietro said as Strange nodded.

 “No. They are with us. They are a part of the Force now. They give us strength.”

 “So let’s do this. Let’s kill these Sith Lord son of bitches and save our fellow Jedi.” Pietro said standing and holding out his hand to the older man.

 Strange looked up at the young man and took the outstretched hand in his own standing when the door opened. They turned seeing Clint standing there. “Hey…we’re here. Ready?”

 Pietro and Strange looked at each other then back at him. “As ready as we’ll ever be. May be the Force be with us.” Strange said walking out as Pietro went to follow when Clint gently grabbed his shoulder.

 “You okay?”

 “I am fine Clint. I’ll be okay once we save that little girl.” Pietro said as Clint nodded and hugged his young lover.

 “I love you Pietro, remember that. Out there I will have your back and we will succeed.” Clint whispered against Pietro’s ear as the younger man just sighed.

 Pietro pulled back cupping Clint’s cheek before kissing him passionately. Clint moaned into the kiss and quickly closed the door. He slammed Pietro against the wall feeling his boyfriend instantly wrap his long legs around his waist.

 They continued kissing passionately, rutting against each other, when Clint lowered Pietro and spun him face first against the wall. Attacking the back of his neck, Clint made quick work of their pants and underwear before ordering his lover to suck on his fingers. Pietro did getting them nice and wet, as Clint finally removed them and using one breached Pietro’s hole. Pietro cried out in pleasure and pain as Clint softly hushed him.

 “Be quiet my darling.” Clint said when he finally deemed the young man ready and slicking his cock up with his own saliva entered his lover.

 “Clint!” Pietro gasped softly as Clint held him close, burying his face in that soft hair, taking in his lover’s scent. No words needed to be spoken during this moment as the two just continued moving together sharing soft grunts and gasps, whispering each other’s names. When they finally reached their end, Clint kept his tight possessive grip around Pietro, holding him close.

 “Be careful out there Ro, I really do wish you had your lightsaber.” Clint said as Pietro just sighed and nodded.

 “I’ll be okay. I will be fighting with Master Strange…I have to do this Clint. For too long I’ve been hiding and cowering. I need to show this Sith Lord that Jedi are not to be messed with. Show them that this world has no place for them.”

 Clint finally pulled out and turned Pietro around looking into the ice blue eyes. “I know darling I know. You are so brave and strong…I am so honored to have you as my boyfriend.”

 “Aww love you too old man.” Pietro said with a smile and wink as Clint just rolled his eyes.

 “I was trying to have a moment brat.”

 “I know. I love you to Clint…really. Thank you for accepting me for who I am…for being okay with dating a wanted person of the Galactic Empire.”

 “Even if I had known that, I still wouldn’t have turned you in.” Clint whispered as Pietro smiled and gave him another kiss.

 

 Strange entered the cockpit seeing Tony there, in his armor sans helmet, with Bucky next to him. Bucky saw Strange enter and said “Going to get my weapons ready.” Before nodding to Strange and leaving.

 “You ready Jedi?” Tony asked pressing a button and turning in the chair looking up at his boyfriend. He saw Strange exchanged his Jedi clothes for a sleeveless blue tunic and black pants tucked into calf high black boots. On the belt around his waist rested his lightsaber and his left arm was no longer in the sling.

 Tony stood up and cupping Strange’s cheek said “How are you feeling? Your arm and hand okay?” Strange looked down at the brace on his wrist and moved his fingers some.

 “Hurts but the Force will help me fight the pain. Remember, leave the Sith Lord to me and Pietro.”

 “I definitely have no problem doing that. I’ll take on anyone else any day.” Tony said as Strange chuckled.

 Tony pulled their foreheads and just stood there. They stood in silence letting their energies mix when Strange said “No matter what happens…get Maribel. She is the goal. Get her out of here.”

 “We’ll get out of here together with the kids and with Thanos dead.” Tony said firmly as Strange pulled back some.

 “That’s the plan but promise me Tony. Promise me if you have to, leave me. Get her to that planet and see if other Jedi are there.” Strange said giving Tony a pleading look as Tony bit his lip.

 “Alright I promise. But it’s going to be okay. We’ll be okay. We have the Force and hope behind us.” Tony said as Strange just nodded and pulled Tony into a hug.

 Tony hugged Strange back, kissing his neck. They parted some kissing each other gently slowly building up passion. Tony licked his way into Strange’s mouth as Strange moaned softly.

 Strange slowly pulled back saying “We’ll continue this when we beat Thanos.”

 “Damn straight we will. Going to take that cute Jedi ass and wreck it.” Tony purred as Strange just laughed when the door to the cockpit opened. They turned and saw the crew all decked out in various forms of armor and weapons.

 “Let’s do this.” Steve said as they all nodded seeing the planet come into view.

Notes:

Begun the final battle has!

Chapter 31

Notes:

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! I am thankful for my readers and everyone that supports me and my stories! I couldn't have done this without you!

Have a safe and happy day!

Chapter Text

 Peter, Shuri, and Marible were lead to the ramp from the ship they were in that ferried them down to the planet. Walking down the ramp they saw that they were in a large clearing with forests and mountains all around them.

 “Proxima! Which way to the temple.” Thanos demanded as Proxima Midnight walked forward and knelt in the middle of the clearing closing her eyes.

 “This place…the energy is not good.” Maribel said softly looking up at Peter and Shuri.

 “It’ll be okay. We’ll get help before anything happens.” Peter said as Shuri just looked at him.

 “You think so?”

 “I do. I have to. Black Widow wouldn’t let us down.” Peter said as Shuri couldn’t help but smile at her friend’s optimism.

 “My concern is if they do find us…how will they get to us?”

 “My master will be able to follow the trail to the temple. The dark side is strong here.” Maribel said as Shuri nodded.

 Peter looked around seeing other ships landing as several imperial troopers filed out followed by a cage of those creatures that were part of the fight on the last planet they were on.

 “Those things are disgusting. I really hope Mr. Stark and them bring the heavy guns.” Peter said seeing at least a couple dozen troopers in formation and that cage of Ack-Rats ready to be transported.

 Proxima Midnight suddenly stood up and said “Grand Moff Thanos I found the trail.”

 Thanos smiled and said “Perfect. Glaive grab the prisoners, men move out!”

 Glaive pushed the prisoners forward as the army followed along with the cage of Ack-Rats that moved on its own.

 They walked through the forest hearing nothing but their footsteps and chatter from the troops.

 “This is wrong. Where is the life?” Shuri asked looking around not liking this silence.

 “It’s scared. This place is dark and the Sith Lord has awakened something. This planet has a heavy Sith presence…”

 “Yeah no kidding. It feels so oppressing.” Peter said stopping for a minute to glance at an odd looking tree when he was shoved forward.

 “Keep moving!” Ordered one of the troopers causing Peter to stumble to the ground. Peter grunted in pain and tried to get up but due to the way his hands were bound, couldn’t gain the right momentum to stand up.

 “Get up scum!” Another trooper spat grabbing Peter up by the back of his shirt.

 “Hey! Leave him alone!” Shuri shouted rounding on the guard who growled at her.

 “You dare tell me what to do?”

 “Yeah I dare! You shoving and pushing him will just cause him to fall down again! Idiot.” Shuri spat when the trooper growled and slammed the butt of his gun against Shuri’s forehead.

 “SHURI!” Maribel and Peter cried out watching the young woman crumple to ground.

 “Enough! You are all slowing us down! Glaive carry the girl. You two keep walking. Troopers! Know your place! As I mandated on the ship, the prisoners are not the be harmed. Remember the punishment those two guards received for trying to have their way with the girl?” Thanos roared grabbing the trooper that hit Shuri and lifting him up.

 The trooper begged and cried for Thanos to let him go as Thanos ripped off his helmet. With a smile, Thanos did so as the soldier fell to the ground only to have both of Thanos’ hands on his head. Without a second thought, Thanos slammed his hands together smashing the soldier’s head as blood, brain, and gore spewed everywhere. The other troopers’ white armor was now stained with blood as was Peter’s shirt and Maribel’s face.

 Thanos shook off his hands and said “Now let’s keep moving.” He turned and nodded to Proxima Midnight as the army kept on glancing at the fallen soldier as they passed.

 

 Once the cruiser landed, Tony shut it down as the team left the cockpit. Everett stood by the ramp saying “Be careful out there.”

 “We will. You be careful here.” Steve said as Everett just chuckled.

 “Don’t worry not like there is anything on here that’s dangerous. You guys have all the weapons and this ship has nothing but shields and good looks. Not to mention I have a Nexu with me.” Everett said with a smile looking down at Razor who sat next to Everett growling softly when T’Challa cupped his cheek.

 “You sure you’ll be fine here?”

 “I will. Go and rescue those kids. Then come back to me.”

 “I always will.” T’Challa said kissing Everett before parting and looking down at Razor. “Keep him safe Razor.” The Nexu blinked her four green eyes and gently head butted T’Challa’s thigh as if saying “You can count on me.” T’Challa just chuckled and patted her head before following the rest down the ramp. Everett did walk down it himself watching the group head to the clearing where they noticed the others ships were.

 “You sure you are okay out here Bruce? Don’t really take you as the fighting type.” Clint said bowcaster at ready as he surveyed his surroundings.

 “I’m fine. You guys will need all the help you can get. I have pretty good aim.”

 “Yes my star did very well in his training. He may not like fighting but he is good at it.”

 They entered the clearing seeing several ships, as Strange stepped forward and closed his eyes. Suddenly he cried out and fell to his knees as Pietro did the same where he stood by Clint.

 “Stephen!”

 “Pietro!”

 Tony ran to his lover as Strange looked up breathing heavily. “So much darkness…they were here. They are heading north. Heading to a place…a place where something dark happened.”

 “You going to be okay?” T’Challa asked walking over with the others, Clint helping Pietro up.

 “I’ll be fine. I just wasn’t expecting so much darkness.” Strange said as Tony helped him up. Strange looked at Pietro and said “ Focus Pietro, close your mind to this darkness.” Pietro nodded and closing his eyes took a few breaths. He finally seemed to be gathering himself as Clint let him go.

 “You know the path Jedi?” Steve asked as Strange nodded.

 “This way.” Strange said leading them down the same trail Thanos and his men took.

 “This planet isn’t right. Where is the life?” T’Challa asked as Strange glanced back at the king.

 “Fled. Like Jedi, animals don’t like the darkness. Most animals here have either fled to some other part or have died from insanity. Too much time spent around this amount of dark force can make one go insane.”

 “Uh does that go for us?” Bucky asked suddenly not really like this plan of being on this planet.

 “If we spent more than few days on here possibly. But we should be fine for now.” Strange assured the group when Tony suddenly stopped.

 “Tony?” Thor asked walking over as they saw the remains of the crushed soldier.

 “Holy shit. Who or what did that?” Bucky asked looking horrified as Strange looked further down the trail.

 “Don’t know but it definitely wasn’t Sith.”

 “Thanos.” Thor said darkly as Bruce looked up at his husband.

 “How?”

 “He is strong. Very strong. He did that move to my father before I fled. We are going the right way.” Thor said as Strange nodded.

 “Yes we are. Come on they have quite a distance from us. We need to hurry before they carry out their plan.”

Chapter 32

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“There she is.” Thanos said as Proxima Midnight and Glaive bowed before the structure before them. Built into the mountainside was a temple with two columns and two falling apart statues, one of a man and one of a woman. “Where is the altar Proxima.”

“Inside grand moff. Your soldiers must stay out here.”

“Very well. You two let’s go, Glaive bring the girl. General!”

A trooper with a red neck guard raced over and saluted. “Yes sir?”

“Have the troopers fan out here and guard the perimeter.”

“Very good sir.” The trooper said again saluting before turning and shouting out orders to the others. Thanos nodded shoving Peter forward as Maribel followed. They entered the temple as Maribel shivered from the cold breeze that brushed past them.

“I’m scared.” Maribel said as Peter looked down at her and nodded.

“Me too.”

They walked further into the temple when they came upon a large altar surrounded by 12 intact statues.

“The 12 founding masters of the Sith on this planet. Long ago this planet was a second haven for Jedi…that is until Jedi Master Pock Tyora discovered the greatness of the dark side. He converted his friends who in turn converted theirs until they had 12. A mockery of the Jedi council on Coruscant. Together they sacrificed all the Jedi here and took the Force that resided in their bodies. Took it to mix with their own.” Proxima Midnight explained walking over to one of the statues. “This was my master’s master. She taught my master the ritual who in turn taught me. Are you ready Grand Moff Thanos? Ready to join the ranks of the 12 Dark Lords.”

“I am and you little one will grant me that ability.” Thanos said turning to Maribel and kneeling removed the collar.

“No! I won’t help you!” Maribel said glaring at Thanos who stood up and sighed.

“I thought you would say that hence why these two are here.” Thanos shoved Peter to his knees as Glaive dropped a still unconscious Shuri next to him. Shuri slowly started coming too and looked around.

“What…where are we?” she asked in a slurred voice blinking her eyes.

“You don’t agree to this Maribel, your friends will die.” Thanos said with a grin as Maribel just swallowed. She looked at Peter and Shuri, both now on their knees with a blaster pointed at their heads.

“Marible don’t. Don’t worry about us. You can’t.” Shuri said as Maribel looked at the altar.

“Well my child? What is your decision.” Thanos held out his hand as Maribel looked at her friends.

“You promise if I do this they will go free? You won’t harm them?”

“Promise.” Thanos said with a smile as Maribel took the hand that was given to her.

“NO! MARIBEL STOP!” Peter and Shuri shouted when both screamed from the lightning blast Proxima Midnight hit them with.

“STOP! You promised!” Maribel shouted watching the two writhe at the electricity coursing through the bodies.

“Proxima enough.” Thanos said as she ended the attack. “Just to show that we are not playing around.” He led Maribel to the altar and helped her onto it as she laid down. She felt Glaive attach the cuffs to her wrists and ankles as she looked up into the faces of the 12 Sith Lord counsel members.

“I’m sorry master…” Maribel whispered as Glaive nodded and Proxima Midnight stepped forward.

“Remember how we practiced?”

“I do. Let’s get started.” Thanos said kneeling with his hands on the altar when Proxima Midnight started to chant but stopped.

Thanos looked at her saying “What?”

“We are not alone.” Proxima Midnight declared looking around.

Up in a crevice of the temple walls, a red haired woman ducked down.

“What do you mean?”

“Jedi.”

Natasha instantly peered back around and whispered “Jedi…” she suddenly smiled and put her binoculars away. “Thank you Clint.” Natasha whispered with a smile as she slowly crawled back out the way she came. If Clint brought the Jedi hopefully that means he brought the ones the kids told her the Jedi was hanging with. Natasha stealthily made her way back the way she came and squeezed through a crevice seeing the light from the outside.

Once free of the crevice, she moved to her stomach and crawled to the edge of the ledge she was on. Peering over, she took out her binoculars observing the entrance to the temple. She sighed seeing it guarded by troopers and by those weird mutant creatures Glaive created clambering in the cage they were in. She had to get to the others and warn them. She had to get Strange inside before that Sith Lord bitch completed the ritual.

 

The group finally reached the temple as they ducked down in the brush examining the area. “That’s a lot of troopers and oh shit…more of those god awful things.” Tony whispered seeing the large cage of the strange creatures that attacked them on Chandrila.

“Oh wow so they were actually able to create them. I remember when they were just an idea. One I and a fellow scientist created.” Bruce said in awe and excitement as everyone looked at him.

“You helped create those things?” Bucky asked aghast as Bruce looked at him.

“Well I didn’t think they would keep the idea and use it. We created a lot of possible hybrid creatures.”

“Oh great. So who knows what else the Empire has cooking up in their kitchens.” Steve spat as Bruce just shrugged.

“I just created the idea, why else do you think I left the CIS? I don’t agree with this kind of science.” Bruce said defensively glaring at Steve.

“Enough both of you.” Tony growled looking at Steve and Bruce who both nodded.

“Okay what’s the plan.” Bruce asked clutching his blaster close.

“Leave the Sith Lord to Pietro and I. Tony, Clint give us arial support?”

“You got it.” Tony said with a smile as Clint nodded and started canvassing the area for a place to snipe.

“Bucky, Thor, Steve, Bruce, and T’Challa get us to the temple. I am counting on you guys to give us cover.” Strange said looking at the five as they all nodded.

“We’ll get you to that temple.” T’Challa said as Strange nodded and looking at Tony.

“Tony…”

“Kick ass Jedi and may the Force be with. You still owe me a romp in the sheets.” Tony said with a wink before taking off as Strange blushed. Clint had already gone in search of a location as Tony’s flight sounded the alarm.

“Let’s do this!” Strange said as Thor stood up and bellowing ran out of the brush towards the army axe raised high. The rest followed as Strange ignited his lightsaber and with Pietro by his side started making their way to the temple.

 

“Master!” Maribel shouted from the altar as she started struggling. Thanos growled and turned to Proxima Midnight.

“Finish it! Do it now!” Proxima Midnight nodded and continued chanting as Maribel continued struggling calling out for Strange.

Outside Strange could feel the youngling’s distress and shouted “Pietro let’s go!” Pietro nodded and ran after Strange who deflected blaster bolts and occasionally killed some troopers along the way.

Clint leapt from stone to stone, scaling the mountain side when he finally found a place and was about to fire when a voice said “Always stealing my spots.”

Clint just chuckled and fired off a shot killing a trooper before lowering his bowcaster saying “Nat, good to see you.”

“Same. It's been a while. I am also glad you brought the reinforcements.”

“It really has. Of course, I've learned when you order something, it's best to do it. Usually pays off in the end." Clint said with smirk as Natasha just smiled. "So what’s the status.”

“We need to get the little girl. They have started the ritual.”

“Okay then let’s make sure we make a path for Strange and Pietro. Those two.” Clint nodded as Natasha looked down seeing who he was motioning to.

Natasha drew her sniper rifle and said “Let’s get to it then.”

Strange and Pietro stopped when they saw two troopers fall dead with holes in their helmets. They looked up seeing Natasha and Clint giving them a nod as they nodded back.

“Come on!” Strange said slashing up with his saber cutting a guard in half. Pietro fought alongside Strange, attuning his energy with Strange’s, allowing them to fight more fluidly together.

“Take that you bastards!” Thor shouted slamming his vibro axe down on one trooper then spinning lopped off the head of another. Bruce fired from the shelter of the trees picking off trooper after trooper especially if one came too close to the men fighting on the field.

“Back up! We need back up!” A trooper shouted into his communicator when Bucky leapt onto the troopers shoulders yanking the communicator out of a gloved hand before snapping the man’s neck.

Bucky rolled across the group and standing smashed the communicator. “GUYS! We’re gonna have company coming soon!” Bucky shouted as Tony flew over head seeing Steve and T’Challa starting to get overwhelmed by troopers.

“Steve! T’Challa! Get out of there, about to bring the rain.” Tony said flying over as Steve and T’Challa shot their way out of the group just as Tony dropped several bombs. Hitting the ground, Steve and T’Challa covered their heads as Thor and Bucky also hit the deck. Tony hovered in the air watching the smoke clear seeing what was left after his arial attack.

He saw Strange and Pietro safely make it inside the mountainside with only about 24 troopers left. “Your welcome!” Tony said cheerfully over the coms scanning each of his comrades to see if they needed any more assistance.

Notes:

So I may not post a chapter tomorrow since I am getting married then but if I don't I will definitely post Monday and still post Tuesday.

We're almost done folks!

Chapter Text

 Everett sat in the cockpit of the ship breathing through the slight pain he was feeling, petting Razor’s head, when he heard the beeping of the radar. Both he and Razor got up and walked over the radar together seeing at least 4 dots appear.

 “Oh shit…” he whispered as Razor trilled in agreement following him out of the cockpit. Everett lowered the ramp and ran down it, Razor hot on his heels, both looking to the sky. Everett pulled out his binoculars and saw 4 shuttles descend from the sky to the the clearing nearby.

 Lowering the binoculars he looked down at Razor saying “Well this isn’t good. Come on, we’ll figure this out.” Razor growled in agreement as the two raced back up the ramp. Everett closed the ramp before falling to his knees groaning in pain. Razor chirp urgently and licked Everett’s face, gently head butting him.

 “I’m fine girl…just need to breath a little.” Everett said resting against Razor who ducked under Everett’s arm and slowly helped him to the cockpit. They reached it, as Everett got up and stumbled into the cockpit grabbing the communicator. “Guys! Just to let you know…you’re about to have some friends. 4 shuttles are landing and probably heading to your area.”

 “Yeah Bucky gave us the heads up. We got about 2 dozen left here anything you can do to help us?” Steve asked over the com link as Everett rolled his eyes.

 “What part of royal cruiser did you not understand Rogers? There are no guns. Just shields.” Everett said looking at Razor shaking his head. Razor just rolled her eyes and flicked her tail as Everett chuckled.

 “Everett I would hide. They will most likely scan the area and search the ship.” T’Challa said as Everett nodded.

 “Yeah I was just thinking about that. Look I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me okay? If things get hairy remember I got a Nexu with me.”

 “I’ll always worry about you beloved. And she is not a full grown Nexu.”

 “She’s still scary and has sharp claws and fangs. Look I’ll be fine. Just focus on the matter at hand and don’t get killed. I love you.”

 “Aww no 'love you' for the rest of us?” Tony teased as Everett just shook his head.

 “Love you all! There is that better?”

 “Love you too!” Tony responded as Everett chuckled before turning off the com link. He shut down the whole ship and turning to Razor said “Come on girl, time to hide.” Razor nodded and followed Everett out watching the man grab the remaining weapons shoving them back into the bag Clint had.

 Razor jumped up onto the table and grabbed the bag handle in her mouth before jumping off. Everett smiled and led the way to the hidden panels. Kneeling down, he grunted in pain but fought it, successfully getting the panel open. Razor dropped the bag into the compartment then jumped in herself watching Everett toss in the nearby med kit and some refreshments.

 Sliding in himself he replaced the panel and sat down taking a deep breath. “Alright now we got to be quiet okay.” Everett said looking at Razor who blinked her eyes in acknowledgement. “Good. Glad I have you here with me.” He admitted scratching the Nexu’s chin hearing her start to purr when he felt something on his shirt. Looking down he sighed seeing some blood staining it and turning the nearby lantern on low, began to patch up his injury.

 

 Strange and Pietro ran through the temple when they skidded to a halt. “Maribel!” Strange shouted seeing Maribel, who was screaming in pain, on the altar surrounded by black and purple light. Besides her was the Sith Lord and the man Strange guessed was Thanos.

 “Master Strange…what is happening?”

 “A ritual of some sort.” Strange said looking around seeing Shuri and Peter on their knees and one more larger fellow by them. When Maribel let out a more blood curdling scream of pain, Strange leapt into action. He lifted his good hand, sending a large chunk of rock forward crashing into Proxima Midnight.

 Proxima Midnight cried out and fell to the ground as the light disappeared and Maribel’s stopped screaming.

 “Fool!” Thanos roared turning as Pietro and Strange stood there weapons raised.

 “Remember Pietro we take the Sith Lord together.” Strange said to the younger man seeing Proxima Midnight slowly get up.

 “You think you’ll stop this ritual? You think you’ll stop me!” Thanos shouted as Proxima Midnight stood by him red lightsaber blazing.

 “Looks like we did and we will! You will pay for the Jedi you slaughtered!” Pietro shouted as Glaive looked between the fighters.

 “Glaive with me. My lord, we will vanquish these Jedi then get back to the ritual.”

 “Kill them Proxima.” Thanos said stepping back as Proxima Midnight and Glaive walked forward. Proxima Midnight lifted her lightsaber, pointing it at the two, as Cull ignited a vibro whip and some sort of staff.

 “With pleasure my lord.” Proxima Midnight said with a smile letting out a battle cry as she and Glaive ran forward.

 “May the Force be with us.” Strange said as he and Pietro raced forward meeting them head on.

 

 “Okay…I think that is the last of them.” Steve said tossing the lifeless body of a trooper aside as he regrouped with the others.

 “Spoke to soon Rogers.” Natasha said as everyone, except Bucky, looked at each other confused.

 “I’m sorry who is this?” Tony asked as Bucky smiled.

 “Black Widow been a while. Was wondering if you would be joining us on this fight.”

 “Good to hear your voice Winter Soldier. Consider me surprised seeing you with this group.”

 “They grow on you.”

 “Well good, use that connection. You have a hell of squadron coming in.”

 They looked at the path that lead to the clearing as Bruce came running over. “Guys! I think we are screwed.”

 Over the clambering and snarling of the creatures in the cage they heard the marching of troops. “All right how are we doing?” Steve asked looking at the group.

 “All I got are my blasters, grappling hook, and flamethrower.” Tony said looking over his armor.

 “Okay. Tony we’ll need the air support. How is everyone wound wise?”

 “I’m good. A few nicks here and there.” Bucky said as Thor and the others nodded.

 “I don’t think we’ll be able to withstand this group.” Bruce said looking out at the approaching army then back at his friends.

 “We just have to hold them off until the Jedi can rescue Maribel and kill the Sith Lord. Maybe Thanos.” Steve said as Bucky bit his bottom lip.

 “That’s going to be easier said then done Steve.”

 “May I make a suggestion.” Clint’s voice was heard over the com link as they looked up where they saw he and the woman, Natasha, were residing.

 “I am all ears.” T’Challa said seeing the army getting closer.

 “The solution to the problem is behind you and currently locked up.” Clint said as the group turned and looked at the creatures.

 “Are you crazy! We let them out they will devour us. For all we know they are loyal to the troopers.” Bucky exclaimed looking up at Clint.

 “You sure about that?”

 Thor grabbed the body of a nearby trooper and threw it at the cage seeing the creatures closest grab it and rip it to shreds.

 “Oh…” Bucky said in awe as Bruce just winced and looked away at the carnage.

 “So get your butts hidden somewhere, Nat or I will hit the lock and your trooper problem is solved.”

 “But they will still be alive afterwards…and I rather face the troopers than those creatures.” T’Challa said remembering how difficult it was to fight the creatures that just swarm you.

 “We can take them out from a distance. Look this is just an idea. You got oh about less than a minute to make a decision.” Natasha said as the group looked at each other.

 “I’m all for that plan.” Bruce said suddenly as Thor nodded.

 “I am with my star. What say you all?”

 “Why not, let them pay the price for creating such ugly ass creatures.” Tony said taking to the sky as the others raced to the side and out of the clearing.

 The troopers finally arrived as the commander motioned for them to halt. “We are in location. Spread out and find the rebel scums. They will pay for…” when suddenly they all heard two shots as the locks on the cages shattered.

 “Let the fun begin.” Clint said lowering his bowcaster as Natasha just chuckled watching the creatures pour out of the cage and the blood bath ensue.

 “You’re a cruel man Barton.”

 “Work smarter not harder is my motto.”

 “Amen brother.” Natasha said giving Clint a fist bump while looking through her scope seeing the massacre that was happening as troopers and creatures slaughtered each other.

Chapter Text

 Across the temple floor, the three fought using all the skills they have. Strange and Pietro finally found a groove and were definitely giving the Sith Lord a run for her money. However, Proxima Midnight was not one to0 quickly back down. She instantly leapt up onto a ledge that opened to another cavern area as Strange and Pietro followed.

 “You can’t flee from us Sith! You will pay for what you’ve done!” Pietro shouted as Proxima Midnight just grinned.

 “What I did? And what is that little Jedi?” She asked dodging a swing from Pietro’s vibro sword.

 “You killed the Jedi! You helped the fall of our kind!”

 “I did nothing of the sort…well this time. That was all the Emperor.”

 “Your master! Your leader! You support him, you support the slaughter he did! My sister and master died because of you!” Pietro screamed slamming his sword into Proxima Midnight’s as she just smiled.

 “You would make a lovely Sith Lord young one. So hurt, so mad, so full of pain...and vengeance.”

 Strange, after saying some quick words to Maribel, followed the two and saw what was taking place. “Don’t listen to her Pietro! Control your feelings! Anything she says or promises you is a lie!” Strange shouted rushing over as Proxima Midnight turned and sent Strange flying against the stone wall.

 “Back off old man.” She snarled before turning back to Pietro, lowering her saber. “You want revenge on the ones that killed your sister? Your master? Your kind? It wasn’t me but I can help you end them. Let’s put this fighting aside and let me show you the true power. You may even be able to bring back your sister and master. Don’t you want to possibly see them again?”

 Strange groaned and slowly got up seeing Pietro standing there listening her. “Pietro! Don’t! It’s all lies. We’ve all lost loved ones but we can’t give in. We have to fight on so their lives aren’t in vain. Your sister or master wouldn’t want this! Wanda and Mordo wouldn’t want you to join the dark side!”

 Pietro looked at Strange then back at the Sith Lord holding out her hand. “Come on little one…I can offer you so much power. You know you want it…you know…”

 “Back off!” Strange shouted rushing the Sith Lord and jumping into the air slammed his saber down. She quickly blocked it and spun around ducking down to miss the arc of Strange’s sword.

 “What if I don’t want to?” Proxima Midnight taunted as the two masters fought across the clearing.

 Strange spun around before ducking down and swiping out with his leg. Proxima Midnight jumped and flipped over Strange landing before spinning. As she swung, Strange jumped up and spinning himself met her lightsaber with this.

 He saw the space between them was small, her red saber lighting up his face while his orange one lit up hers. “He’s young and ripe for the taking. You did kill one of my warriors, which I will make you pay for, so I need a replacement. I think he’ll do just fine.” Proxima Midnight said with a smile before using a force push sending them apart.

 Pietro stood there not believing what he almost did, what he wanted to do. He wanted to take the Sith Lord’s hand. He wanted that power to make those who killed his sister and master pay but also to possibly see them again. Then he realized that if he did take her hand, he would become the very thing he vowed to destroy.

 He knew he needed to help Strange but he was just so shaken. His body felt frozen. He was stunned by this realization, by the fact that he was tempted. All his life Mordo taught him Sith were bad and that his job as Jedi was to ensure that their kind didn’t prosper.

 “Pietro! Snap out of it!” Strange shouted as Pietro felt himself snap back into action and rushing over kicked Proxima Midnight in the back. The Sith Lord fell forward as Strange took the opportunity to slash up, slicing her across the chest. She stumbled back grasping at the wound finding support against the wall. Strange and Pietro crowded her as she looked at them panting.

 “It’s over Sith Lord. Time to meet your end.” Strange said when suddenly there was a bellow and he turned just to be smacked hard by Glaive’s mace. Pietro watched in horror as Strange was sent flying, blood spewing into the air as he soared and hit the stone wall with a sickening crack.

 “Stephen!” Pietro cried turning to the face the massive being as Proxima Midnight grinned.

 “Uh oh little one…whatcha going to do now.”

 

 Thanos stood there looking between the two teens still bound and the youngling chained to the altar. Outside he could hear the sounds of a slaughter and knew his creatures were wreaking havoc when one soldier came stumbling, arm missing, begging for help.

 Thanos just looked at him before one of the creatures raced in, dragging the screaming soldier back out. Thanos glanced up where he saw the Jedi and Sith Lord disappear to and sighed. This really wasn’t how he pictured this going, not to mention he was bored. With another sigh he grabbed the back of the Shuri and Peter shirts as the two teens struggled and demanded to be put down. Thanos turned and threw the two teens against one of the nearby statues then turned to Maribel.

 “Don’t move little one.” He said stroking her cheek as he smiled at her.

 “Please let me go.”

 “In due time.” Thanos said turning and leaving the temple. He entered the clearing outside and looked around at the bloodshed. He saw his creatures finishing off the remaining troopers while the ones that came to rescue the youngling were fighting off the remaining creatures.

 “Guys we have the boss!” Natasha said over the comms as Thor turned and growled.

 “Leave him to me! THANOS!” Thor shouted tossing the two creatures he had in his hands aside and ran towards the moff. Thor leapt in the air rising his vibro axe and screaming at the man that killed his family. Thanos, taken by surprise, instantly stepped back but stumbled over a body crying out as the axe lodged itself in his shoulder.

 “You will pay for killing my family! My home!”

 “Fool should have gone for the head.” Thanos said with a grin reaching up and yanking the axe out of his shoulder. Tossing it aside, he grabbed Thor by the neck then took the a vibro blade from his belt.

 “THOR!” Bruce screamed watching Thanos plunge the knife into Thor’s side then stomach before tossing the man aside. Bruce was instantly scrambling to Thor shooting at the creatures that tried to make an easy meal out of his body. Tony swooped down and fired his gauntlets, helping Bruce keep Thor safe.

 “T’Challa! Bucky! On me!” Steve shouted dispatching a few more creatures before charging Thanos.

 “Let’s finish him!” Natasha said as Clint nodded and together they aimed at Thanos’ head when suddenly three of the creatures leapt from a tree onto the ledge.

 Natasha and Clint screamed as the creatures tore into them as they tried to fight them off. Natasha was able to successfully get the one on her off with a dagger to the head as she got up wiping blood away from her ripped cheek.

 “Clint!” She shouted running forward and tackling one of the creatures. She stabbed it as best she could as the creature started shrieking and bucking her off. Clint was finally able to use his bowcaster and knock the creature off of him.

 “Nat hang on!” Clint said getting to his feet and aiming his bowcaster at the creature when the one he knocked off leapt onto his back causing him to fall forward into the the one fighting with Natasha, causing them all to tumble off the ledge.

 Tony, seeing this, flew forward and barely grabbed the two as the creatures fell to the ground with a loud splat sending blue blood and guts all over the ground and cliffside. Tony gently set them down as he looked at the two snipers. “You okay?”

 “Had worse. Batuu is still up there.” Clint said hand pressed against the deep gash on his side and grinning at Natasha. Natasha just laughed and touched her torn cheek.

 “You two are crazy. Glad you are on our side.” Tony said before rushing over to Bruce who was trying to drag Thor off the battlefield. “How we doing buddy?”

 “I don’t know. Thor is alive for now…but the wound looks bad. The other three…they’re trying…” Bruce said as Tony saw Bucky, Steve, and T’Challa taking on Thanos holding their own pretty well.

 “Go help them Tony, I can handle Thor. I am going to radio Everett and see if he can bring the ship over. Get Thor on it and away from this mess.”

 “Okay, go hang with the giggling maniacs over there. They’ll need to be evacuated too.” Tony said nodding to the two giggling assassins as Bruce just nodded watching Tony take off to help the others.

Chapter 35

Notes:

5 Chapters left!

Also! Disclaimer! Major character death in this chapter! The death may be considered disturbing...read with caution

Chapter Text

 Pietro screamed in pain as the mace ripped across his back then a thick fist slam into his stomach sending him rolling across the ground. Pietro coughed and gasped for air, spitting out blood, looking up. He saw Glaive making his way over as Proxima Midnight applied a quick layer of bacta juice to her wound.

 “Finish him Glaive. I’ll take care of the Jedi.” Proxima Midnight said standing up and calling her saber to her, limped over to the prone form of Strange. “Thought you would be harder to kill Jedi. You escaped my grasps many times but now…now you are mine.” She spat gripping his hair and pulling him up by it. “You will pay for killing Ebony and Cull.”

 Strange looked up at Proxima Midnight, blood running down the side of his mouth, and said “Fuck you Sith Lord piece of shit.”

 “So much bravado for someone in a situation like yourself.” Proxima Midnight sneered throwing Strange off the ledge.

 Strange used what Force he could to cushion the fall but unfortunately still landed with a sickening crunch. He screamed and looked down seeing an obvious bone fracture in his leg, trying not to throw up at the sight of the shin bone protruding from the skin.

 “MASTER!” Maribel screamed seeing Strange laying there screaming in pain as Proxima Midnight jumped down and landed way more gracefully, grinning, as she walked over igniting her lightsaber. “Leave him alone! Leave him alone!” Maribel shouted struggling with her bindings as Proxima Midnight just looked at her laughing.

 “Oh so you mean don’t do this?” Proxima Midnight asked innocently stomping hard on Strange’s braced hand, shattering the contraption and bone. Another blood curdling scream from Strange echoed around the cavern as Proxima Midnight just laughed. “Save your energy little one. Our grand moff will need it once he is finished dispatching your other friends.” Proxima Midnight removed her foot and grinning down at Strange, raised her lightsaber over his chest, before asking “Any last words Jedi?”

 Strange looked up at her then saw a flash of red and gold and chuckling said “You pissed off my boyfriend.” Proxima Midnight looked at him confused when she heard the sound of something whirring to life.

 “Hi! I’m the pissed off boyfriend.” Tony said firing his gauntlet sending her flying and rolling across the ground.

 Tony knelt by Strange who said “Free Maribel and the teens! Then help Pietro!” Tony nodded and rushed over to Maribel, cutting her bindings, before rushing over to Peter and Shuri who were coming around.

 “Mr. Stark?” Peter asked in a shaky voice as Tony just nodded.

 “Yeah it’s me kid. Stay down. Both of you.” Tony ordered before taking off and flying over to Pietro. Maribel hugged Strange and looked down at his leg then hand wincing.

 “It’s okay. Maribel you need to get out of here. Go flee and find the others or hide. You need to leave.”

 “No! I am not leaving you.” Maribel said as Proxima Midnight slowly got up.

 “Please Maribel. I need you to survive. You can’t die here. This isn’t your destiny.”

 “And it’s not yours either! You promised you would stay with me! Protect me! Well I am returning that promise!” Maribel said firmly lifting her hand and calling Strange’s lightsaber to her.

 She ignited it, the hilt looking so big in her hands, as she stood in front of Strange. Proxima Midnight walked over laughing and said “You are really going to stand against me? You? You can barely balance such a grown up weapon.”

 “Yeah! I may be small but I am not scared of you.” Maribel said as Strange started to sit up grunting in pain.

 “Maribel! Please! You can’t…”

 “I can’t lose you master…I can’t lose someone else…first Wanda…my friends…my family…I can’t.” Maribel said softly looking at him as Strange just nodded. Proxima Midnight raced forward slamming her lightsaber down as Maribel screamed while blocking it. The blow knocked Maribel aside as Proxima Midnight laughed and walked after her. Maribel continued rolling and dodging all the blows hearing the Sith Lord growl. “Stay still and let me end you!”

 Marible got up and ran off once again calling Strange’s lightsaber to her hands. As she ran, she swung the saber cutting chunks of stone from the walls causing the Sith Lord to have to deflect them. Shuri and Peter watched as Peter said “We have to help her.”

 “How? We have no weapons and there is no way we can handle a Sith Lord.”

 Peter looked around and said “I have an idea.” He got up as Shuri followed, both regaining their balance, before nodding to each other that they were okay. “Maribel! Pass me the lightsaber!” Peter shouted as Maribel turned and turning the saber off, ran towards him throwing it.

 Peter caught it as Maribel scrambled under the altar in a tight space that Proxima Midnight couldn’t get to. She continue swiping and slamming her lightsaber against the altar, slowly breaking down the stone as Maribel screamed.

 “Peter whatever you are planning do it soon!” Shuri shouted as Peter started running over to one of the statues.

 Shuri watched him then looked up seeing one of the statues near the altar and did some quick calculations in her head. “Peter! Cut on the left at a 45 degree angle!” Shuri shouted then running over to Strange knelt down saying “Do you have a dagger on you? Anything?”

 Strange shook his head when Shuri remembered the tool she had hidden in her boot. She took it out and turning it on grabbed a nearby rock and started sharpening it with the flame. She looked up seeing Peter cutting the statue then at the Sith Lord who was getting close to Maribel who was screaming for help.

 Once she deemed the rock sharp enough, Shuri got up and ran over to the Sith Lord jumping onto her back. Proxima Midnight fell forward against the altar at the surprise attack due to her energy and focus solely on Maribel.

 Shuri slammed the sharpened red hot tip of the rock into the Sith lord’s hand, feeling it easily slice through the flesh, pinning said hand against the altar. Proxima Midnight screamed and struggled but Shuri held on tight grabbing the closest manacle. Shuri growled and slammed the Sith Lord’s face against the altar. “Stay still!”

 Grabbing her soldering tool once again, she was finally able to close the manacle up effectively pinning the Sith Lord to the altar. Shuri smiled in triumph when Proxima Midnight slammed her head back hiding Shuri right in the nose and forehead. Shuri fell back onto the ground as Maribel scrambled out of the altar when she heard a cracking sound. She looked up seeing one of the statues starting to fall forward and gasping grabbed Shuri.

 Shuri, disoriented, tried to help Maribel move her when Peter came rushing over helping both. With a scream from the Sith Lord and a deafening sound, the statue of Proxima Midnight’s old master fell crushing the altar and the Sith Lord. Peter covered both Shuri and Maribel with his body as Strange tried to cover himself from the shrapnel of the shattered statue and dust. Silence suddenly reigned as all four looked over seeing nothing but shattered stone and blood running from the mess of rocks.

 “Take that Sith Lord bitch! That's for blowing up my lab!” Shuri shouted in triumph spitting out blood from her bleeding nose as Peter just grinned.

 Strange let out a sigh when he heard Tony shout “Look out below!” The four looked up seeing the body of Glaive come tumbling down landing with a sickening splat on the stone floor. Strange looked up seeing Tony standing there with a nod before turning hopefully to get a still alive Pietro as Strange just fell back on the stone floor letting out a sigh of relief.

 

 “BUCKY!” Steve shouted seeing Thanos slam Bucky to the ground by his neck then haul him up and send him flying right into T’Challa. The two went flying into the side of the metal cage hard enough to bend the bars. Thanos smiled and turned to Steve who stood there with a shield and a sword type weapon both of which he picked up from a fallen clone trooper.

 T’Challa slowly got to his knees and looking at Bucky shook the other man. Bucky groaned and opening his eyes asked “Are we winning?”

 “It is hard to say at the moment. Steve seems to be the only one still able to fight.” T’Challa responded when they heard a clattering sound. They turned and saw Thanos lifting Steve up by his hair, his weapons on the ground, as Thanos laughed.

 “You all put up a good fight. Those of the Dark Order have been defeated as have my soldiers and creatures. I am impressed. I definitely underestimated your strength. Though I am afraid this must end now. Starting with you.” Thanos said looking at Steve who clawed and struggled at the hand gripping his hair.

 Everyone watched in horror as Thanos gripped Steve’s hair tighter while his other hand gripped the man’s waist and started pulling in separate directions. Steve’s screams of pain and horror echoed around the clearing area as Bucky watched eyes wide with horror.

 Suddenly after what was seconds but seemed like hours, there was a sound of ripping skin as Thanos successfully pulled Steve’s head right from his neck. Thanos let out a bellowing laugh holding the two separate parts as blood and gore drenched the ground.

 “NO! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE!” Bucky shouted on repeat as T’Challa just stared speechless not sure how to process what he just saw.

 Natasha and Clint just stared as Natasha turned to the side and vomited while Clint just muttered a string of curses. Bruce covered his mouth with both hands tears running down his cheeks as Bucky’s cries of anguish continue to echo in the area.

 Just as Thanos dropped the body, those from inside the temple appeared seeing the carnage that lay in the clearing. Tony, carrying Strange, cursed at Steve’s body as Shuri started screaming in horror. Peter, supporting Pietro with Shuri’s help, just tried to take in what he was seeing while Maribel just looked down clinging to Tony’s leg.

 “Who’s next! Who dares challenge me!” Thanos bellowed looking around at everyone when out of nowhere the royal cruiser came zooming through the forest, knocking down trees, and crashing into Thanos successfully pinning him to the side of the temple.

 The ship powered down as the landing ramp lowered and Everett came stumbling out with Razor. “Sorry got here as fast as I could. We need to leave. Razor and I may have caused some issues regarding the reinforcement ships which may be sending more to this planet.” Everett saw everyone staring at him as he looked around “What? Is something wrong?”

 Just as Everett spoke they saw several more ships enter the atmosphere as everyone got into action. Razor ran forward to Maribel who hugged her before climbing onto her back to be carried to the ship. T’Challa helped Bruce with Thor while Clint and Nat helped each other. Tony raced on board and set Strange down before running back to Bucky who was kneeling by Steve’s side.

 “We need to go!”

 “We can’t leave him here!”

 “There is no time! Come on!” Tony said grabbing Bucky and pulling him to the ship just as the approaching ships started firing on the group. Tony shoved Bucky up the ramp hearing it close behind them when they saw all the clone trooper bodies that littered the ship floor. Some were whole while others were in pieces.

 “Beloved what happened?” T’Challa asked as Everett looked around.

 “Later! We need to get out of here.” Everett said walking to the cockpit with Tony when he screamed seeing the top part of Thanos pinned to the stone wall, eyes lifeless.

 “Did I do that?” Everett asked hands covering his mouth as Tony sat in the seat and started turning on the controls and raising the shields.

 “Yeah you did. Nicely done by the way, perfect timing. All right hold on. This is going to be bumpy!” Tony shouted putting the ship into gear and taking off.

 Bucky stood there looking out the cockpit window at the clearing seeing Steve’s body getting smaller and smaller. “We left him…we left him…” Bucky whispered eyes wide as Everett took the other man, most likely in shock, out of cockpit.

 T’Challa sat in the co pilot seat saying “That’s a lot of ships we need to get past.”

 “She can take it. Shields are at full capacity. Just hang on.” Tony said steering the ship trying to dodge the blasts as best he can. “Keep an eye on the shields for me!”

 “You got it.” T’Challa said turning his chair around and focusing on the panel touching some buttons. The ship shook and rocked as blast after blast hit it. Tony gritted his teeth doing his best to dodge the ships while trying to leave the atmosphere.

 “Shields are at 80%!” T’Challa called as Tony nodded. He saw they were close to leaving the planet when he kept hearing T’Challa call out percentages.

 “Come on baby, come on. Just a little more.” Tony said softly to the ship when finally with only 10% of shields left, they finally broke atmosphere and Tony hit the hyperdrive function sending them out of the airspace.

 When Tony finally pulled the ship out of hyperdrive, he set a course for Bogano, and looked at T’Challa. They just looked at each other before nodding and laughing in relief. Giving each other a high five, they left the cockpit surveying the damage done to the crew members.

Chapter Text

“So uh…we’re going back for my ship right?” Natasha asked as Everett shook is head.

“Don’t bother they were on it like Krayt dragons on a bantha.” Everett said wrapping a blanket around Bucky who just stared straight ahead muttering softly to himself.

“Are you fucking kidding me! Do you know how much I put into that ship? How much I…”

“Nat you can have my ship.” Clint said simply sitting against the wall.

“That piece of shit?”

“Hey! She did wonders for us before you got yours. I don’t use her anymore.” Clint said as Natasha considered this.

“So where are we going?” Strange asked gasping in pain at his leg.

“Well the only place I know is Bogano, your refuge place.”

“We need to heal. Find a doctor.” Bruce said trying to do as much first aid as possible on Thor who was still out of it.

“I may know someone…he has a doctor on staff and resources…show me a star map.” Clint said grunting as he stood up and limped to the cockpit.

2 hours later the royal cruiser was landing in a field of brightly colored flowers as two land speeders were waiting. The boarding ramp lowered as Clint appeared first helping a limping Natasha followed by the rest.

“Clint Barton. Never thought I would see your ass again.”

“Fury. Nice to see you to. Hey Maria.” Clint said nodding to the tall bald headed dark skinned man with an eye patch wearing a black shirt, tan pants, and a black duster while next to him stood a tall, well toned woman wearing a red tank top with black pants and black vest. Her brown hair was in a braided crown as she nodded to Clint but looked at Natasha with interest.

“Is that Black Widow?” She asked Fury in a loud whisper as Natasha nodded looking at the woman.

“Yep. In the flesh.”

“Nat, guys, this is Nick Fury and Maria Hill. They run a program of some sort…I don’t know I forgot the name of it…SHIELD or some weapon thing...basically they knew the galactic senate was corrupt and started this place to gather intel. They can help us for now.” Clint said as Fury rolled his eyes but nodded.

“Come on, we have our doctors standing by to treat you all.” Fury said watching them get on the land speeders as Maria walked up the ship's boarding ramp. “Maria will take the ship back to our headquarters where we can repair it.” Fury explained seeing Everett watching her.

“Repair and clean.” Tony commented as Fury gave him a look when he heard a gasp from Maria.

“Hill you okay in there?”

“What the hell happened here! It’s a…a massacre.”

“Sorry about that. But uh they were trespassing and well…Nexus make very good guard animals.” Everett said rubbing the back of his head.

“Just bring it to base Hill. We’ll deal with it there.” Fury said as Maria nodded and disappeared onto the ship.

The trip to the base was a silent one as they entered the giant metal box looking compound and medical teams rushed over. Strange, Pietro, and Thor were placed on stretchers, as the rest were led away to another medical wing meant for less serious cases. After being looked at by the medical professionals and debriefed by Fury, the crew was free to leave the med bay area and get some food. Everyone except Bruce, Strange, Pietro, and Thor sat a table staring at their trays in silence.

“So what now.” Shuri asked breaking the silence as everyone looked up.

“I keep my word and get Stephen and Maribel to Bogano. Then who knows. Probably head back to Correlia…” Tony said pushing around the food on his tray. Now that the threat was over, Tony was having second thoughts about his future with Strange. Would a Jedi truly want him long term? Could he live with Strange on a planet so far away from civilization? Were they truly meant for each other or was it just the heat of the moment, the urgency of everything. All these thoughts had been plaguing him since the final battle and having time to really think about things.

“You aren’t staying with him?” Maribel asked looking up at Tony who just shrugged.

“I mean…why would I? What is there for me? My life is on Correlia.” Tony explained looking at the young girl.

“But he loves you. You make master happy…I thought you were going to stay with him.” Maribel said softly as Razor gave a sad trill as Tony sighed.

“Kid it’s complicated. We are two different people…he’s a Jedi who is probably going to retry to make a new Jedi Order. I’m…I’m an engineer. I build things. I need cities…so I don’t know. I’ll figure it out.”

“T’Challa, Shuri, and I will probably return to Naboo.” Everett said as T’Challa nodded taking his husband’s hand while Shuri looked down then at Peter who cocked his head to the side.

“I have no idea. Pietro is a Jedi so he’ll probably want to go with Stephen. Therefore I go where he goes. Not like I have anything. I can always return home and get my stuff.” Clint said hoping to hear something about the status of his boyfriend soon.

“I may stay here. Fury and Maria told me they could use someone of my skills. After what I saw…I want to end the Empire…do what needs to be done to help in that fashion.” Natasha said softly touching the bandage on her cheek knowing she would have a scar there when Bucky looked at her.

“I…I may stay here too…I got nothing now…Steve’s…he’s…” Bucky couldn’t finish as tears ran down his cheeks. They all bowed their heads as Natasha took Bucky’s hand in hers.

“I know. Stay here Bucky. Stay here with me and we’ll heal. They have people here who can help you…give you purpose.” Natasha said gently as Bucky looked at her and nodded.

Natasha sighed and pulled Bucky hugging him as silence once again fell over the table except for the soft sobs from the heartbroken man.

 

“Hey Jedi. Hear the leg is all good to go.” Tony said entering Strange’s recovery room as Strange just chuckled.

“For the most part. I’ll unfortunately have a permanent limp and well my hand being stomped on…the bone was just shattered. I will have some motor function but they told me I was lucky to have any at all.” Strange said nodding to his wrapped up left hand.

“So what uh does that mean for your Jedi fighting?”

“Good thing I am right handed.” Strange said with a chuckle as Tony just shook his head smiling. “But seriously…I don’t know. I do know I have to go to Bogano. Need to see if anyone else is there and to at least emit a message to let Jedi know it is a safe place. But other than that…I don’t know. Maribel…Pietro…they are young and need other Jedi to help them learn. I am just one and…I honestly don’t know if I have what it takes to raise another. Especially with a bum leg and hand. I thought Pietro could train her but he has so much to learn himself. He was almost tempted by the dark side. He still has so much anger in him…I can’t abandon him. Not now.”

Tony nodded and sitting next to Strange said “You uh could always come back and live with me on Corellia.”

“Tony you know it isn’t safe. Corellia right now is a hotspot for Jedi hunters. Maybe once the Empire is defeated it could be safe but no…it isn’t safe for what Maribel and Pietro need. I’ll need to stay on Bogano. Until things calm down and I know Pietro will be all right.” Strange said softly as Tony took his lover’s good hand and nodded.

“I know. You need to help your people…you need to help them.”

“But I also need you Tony Stark. Stay with me. Stay with me on Bogano. I am sure you can invent and build and make things there. I…”

“Stephen my home is Correlia. My work, my life, my everything.” Tony said when he realized exactly what he said seeing the hurt in Strange’s eyes.

Strange withdrew his hand and said “I understand. It probably wouldn’t work anyways…you and me…engineer and Jedi.”

“I will definitely still take you to Bogano. And then…”

“Thank you Tony. I think I need to rest some.” Strange said closing his eyes as Tony nodded and left not needing to look to know that his gorgeous lover was crying since he too was trying to hold back tears at such conflict he was feeling.

Chapter Text

 Three days later found Tony tinkering with a ship when he saw Bruce walking over. “So uh they let you tinker with this ship or you just decided to give it a once over?”

 “Both. How is Thor doing?”

 “He’s good. It was touch and go for a bit but now it’s all good. He’s healing very well and will be able to leave the med bay soon. I heard Stephen was discharged this morning. He looks good minus the limp and shaking hand. Spoke with him for a bit.”

 “Hmm what did he have to say?”

 “Wonders when you are ready to leave.”

 “In the next day or so. Fury is working on finding me a ship he can spare. Everett and T’Challa are taking the cruiser, you and Thor will need one, and I will need one to ferry my passengers.”

 “So uh you and him…I sense something off. You haven’t really been to visit him since he was first awake.”

 “Nothing gets by you.” Tony said with a snort as Bruce gently kicked him in the shin. “Ow!”

 “Stop being a jerk. Now put the wrench down and come over here. We need to talk.” Bruce said walking over to a few boxes nearby and sitting down.

 Tony sighed and followed sitting next to his friend. “What?”

 “What is going on between you and Stephen? I thought you two were mad about each other?”

 “I am…we are…”

 “Well people who are like that tend to try and stay together…not put lightyears between them.”

 “Bruce look. He’s going to stay on Bogano. I need Corellia. I can’t give up my home…I would love to have him come stay there. But he…”

 “Tony I know you are use to looking after yourself and can be pretty self centered…granted Peter has helped a lot but did you think about what you were asking? Asking Stephen to do by coming back to live on Corellia.”

 Tony looked at Bruce confused as Bruce just sighed. “Bogano is Stephen’s only chance to possibly find people like him. To somehow make a home, a foundation. The only place he ever knew was the Jedi Temple. That was taken away from him. The only place he knows where he can even remotely be safe and with his kind is Bogano. Even then it’s not a guarantee. By asking him to come to Corellia you are asking him to once again give up a possible home amongst his kind and place himself at risk. You know Corellia isn’t safe right now. You know Maribel and Pietro need a place to learn their craft and hone their skills. That can’t happen on Corellia.”

 “So it’s okay for me sacrifice my home for him?”

 “No I am not saying that. I am just saying that you have stability no matter where you go. You have credits you can access no matter where you are at. You have a home to return to where you’ll be safe. He doesn’t. Things are little more up in the air for him.”

 “But if he comes to Corellia I can give him that stability! That foundation.”

 “Can you give him safety? Can you give Maribel and Pietro a safe place to train and be themselves as they hone their craft?” Tony opened his mouth to respond but then closed it. “A relationship is all about taking risks and making sacrifices. How much are you willing to let him risk, to sacrifice to make this work? How much are you, Tony Stark, willing to risk and sacrifice. You have more that you can. More that you can risk and remain safe. He…doesn’t have as much. Just…understand everything from his perspective and what he needs…that is all I am asking.”

 Tony sighed and rubbing his forehead knew Bruce was right. He could easily pack up his stuff, sell his house, and rebuild really anywhere. He could go anywhere and not worry about being hunted down. Strange on the other hand, if Strange came to Corellia, the Jedi would have to remain on the down low. Maribel would have to practice somewhere secret and away from prying eyes.

 “I’m scared Bruce. What if I stay with him but nothing works out…what if…”

 “Love, hell life, is all about what ifs Tony. Nothing is set in stone and that is why love is a risk. But I’ve seen you two together. I’ve seen the love you two share. I personally think by letting him go you are making a big mistake…but Tony it’s your life. I just hope you know what you are doing.” Bruce said standing as Tony also stood. Bruce hugged his friend before leaving as Fury walked over.

 “Got you a ship. It’s a good one and in good shape. It should get you to wherever you need to go.” Fury said nodding to a ship in the distance as Tony let out a low whistle.

 “She’s gorgeous.”

 “Yeah very few like her. So don’t mess her up. You won’t get another from us.” Fury said before walking off as Tony walked over to the ship that was given to him.

 “Hello gorgeous.” Tony said stroking the hull of the ship.

 “So this is where you’ve been spending your time. Should I be jealous?”

 Tony turned seeing Strange walking over with a slight limp but looking way better than how he looked three days ago.

 “Depends. It kind of feels like from our last talk she may be the only thing keeping me warm at night.”

 “Tony…I don’t want to lose you. I love you and…well you are special to me. But you have to understand…I…”

 “I know Steph, I know. I am just trying to figure things out and well…figure out how to make this work.”

 “Let me help you.” Strange said softly lessening the space between them as Tony let out a shuddering breath.

 “Don’t know if you can. I think I need to figure this out on my own.”

 “Then perhaps before you do I can give you that last romp in the sheets we promised each other.”

 “Steph…”

 “Tony if this is indeed our last moments together…I want to make the most of it. Once we get on that ship with the others…alone time will be…”

 Tony nodded and cupped Strange’s cheek. “I know. Fury gave me this ship…what about we christen it?”

 “Perfect.” Strange whispered kissing Tony passionately as Tony returned it running his hands through that soft brown hair. Parting Tony took Strange’s hand and led him into the ship.

 

 The incandescent light in one of the quarters on the ship softly lit up the two figures currently occupying the bed. The light was dim but illuminated just enough for things to be seen, as the cool simple sheets gathered around the waists of Tony and Strange.

 Hands ran down Tony’s back, one shaking and one firm, as lips kissed and claimed any skin available. Together they moved as one, Strange gasping as Tony hit that special spot inside of him. They moved slowly and sensually, just taking their time and memorizing each other.

 Tony met Strange’s gorgeous glowing blue and green eyes, watching his face contort with pleasure, kissing the palm of his lover’s hand that came to rest on his face. “Tony…” Strange whispered meeting those hazel brown eyes as Tony just nodded and leaning down kissed those plush lips.

 “Stephen…my Stephen.” Tony whispered against them before kissing down that long gorgeous neck and then his chest.

 They both felt their end coming as lips frantically met each other and Strange’s thighs gripped Tony’s waist tight. Tony’s thrusts picked up when finally, together, they reached their end whispering each other’s name. Once they came down from their high, they laid there on their sides just looking at each other. Letting their eyes and fingers do all the talking.

 “I can’t lose you Jedi. I’ll stay. I’ll stay and help keep you and your kind safe. Help keep Maribel safe.” Tony finally said as Strange’s eyes got big.

 “Tony…don’t…”

 “No I want this. Being with you, looking at you…touching you…I was stupid. You are my home, you are my everything.” Tony whispered as tears ran down Strange’s cheeks.

 “I love you so much Tony Stark.”

 “Right back at you Stephen Strange.” Tony said with a chuckle as they kissed again, letting their passion once again take over.

Chapter Text

 “Damn seems so weird to say good bye.” Thor commented looking at the group as they all stood in the hanger by their perspective ships.

 “I am sure we’ll see each other again. I mean we’re all somehow connected.” Everett shared as they all nodded.

 Clint turned to Natasha and Bucky saying “You sure you are good staying here?”

 “Yeah we are. Bucky already has a session with an on staff therapist, a good guy by the name of Sam Wilson, and Hill already has a mission for me.” Natasha said with a smile as they nodded.

 Peter looked at Shuri who stood with T’Challa and Everett. “Um it was nice meeting you Shuri and well…”

 Shuri looked at Peter biting her lip then looked at Everett who just gave her a smile. “The choice is yours.” Everett said softly as T’Challa looked at his husband and sister.

 “I’m sorry what?”

 Shuri smiled at Everett and hugging him said “Thank you. Take care of my brother.”

 “You know I will.” Everett said hugging her back as Shuri parted and looked at her brother.

 “Brother I know you feel obligated for me but I thought this through and well…I want to go with Peter. We really clicked and after everything we’ve been through…I…I hope something can work out whether it is friendship or more.” Shuri said looking at Peter who blushed.

 T’Challa looked between her and Peter then at Tony who just shrugged. “Everett…”

 “T’Challa.” Everett said looking at his husband as Shuri just sighed.

 “Brother you’ve done your job. It is time to let me see the world…so let me do it with the safety of people you know.”

 T’Challa sighed and said “Alright. Yes. You make a good point. Go with him and take care. Know you are always welcomed on Naboo.” T’Challa said with a smile as Shuri hugged him.

 “Thank you brother. Thank you for everything.” They parted as Shuri walked over to Peter hugging him as Peter hugged her back.

 “All right I guess we better get going.” Tony said as everyone nodded and started hugging and saying their formal goodbyes.

 “Thank you T’Challa. I know by taking us in we caused some issues.” Strange said shaking T’Challa’s hand.

 “Don’t worry about it. It would have happened sooner or later. I am glad we were able to help you on your mission. Take care of yourself and of Maribel. May the Force be with you.”

 “I will and thank you. Safe travels.” Strange said seeing Maribel hugging Everett as Razor gave Everett’s calf several friendly head butts.

 When everyone said their final goodbyes, they boarded their ships seeing Bucky and Natasha waving to them. They waved back as the three ships rumbled to life and one by one left the hangar.

 “We’ll see them again.” Natasha said as Bucky nodded arms wrapped around his chest.

 “Doesn’t feel real you know. He’s gone…I…miss him.”

 “I know. Come on, let’s go see what this mission is Hill has for us.”

 “I think she likes you.”

 “Nah everyone checks me out.”

 “Not like she does.” Bucky said with a snort as Natasha just blushed and playfully shouldered him as they made their way to the communication room.

 

 “Alright setting controls on autopilot. We should be arriving at Bogano in a few hours.” Tony said pressing a few buttons as Peter nodded.

 “What then?”

 “Well we drop off the Jedi, then we go back to Corellia so I can pack my stuff and handle a few logistics, find somewhere safe for you to stay…”

 “Whoa! Back up! I am staying with you Mr. Stark!” Peter said turning in his chair looking at the man who had become like a father to him.

 “Peter you are young and…don’t need to settle down anywhere yet.”

 “I’m not leaving you. You are the only family I have left and…and…without you I feel lost. Please let me stay Mr. Stark. Let me help you take care of Maribel, Mr. Jedi, and the other Jedi.” Peter pleaded looking at Tony who just sighed.

 “I just don’t want to hold you back.”

 “You won’t. I can’t guarantee I’ll stay forever on that planet but at least…let me stay until I know what I want to do with my life. Then maybe I can borrow a ship and travel the galaxy. I am sure Shuri would…” Peter suddenly stopped when Tony gave him a smirk.

 “It’s not like that Mr. Stark.”

 “Hmm it could be. You’re smitten Peter and well I think there is something there. She did decide to come with us.”

 “I guess I kind of hope there will be…she’s just amazing and…”

 “Have you spoken to her?”

 “No not yet. I honestly been hanging out up here to avoid talking with her. I just don’t know what to say.”

 “Just be yourself kid.”

 “Have you seen who I am?”

 “I have and that is why I am saying that. She obviously likes you for that reason or else she wouldn’t be here.”

 “Yeah. Are you and Mr. Jedi going to be okay? I know you guys had a fight earlier…”

 “Yeah we’re going to fine kiddo.”

 “I’m glad. You two really are perfect together. I’ve honestly never seen you happier…not even with Ms. Pepper.”

 “He’s pretty amazing. I was stupid for almost throwing it all away.”

 “Yeah you were…but you didn’t so there’s that.” Peter said quickly seeing the look Tony shot him.

 Tony chuckled and reaching over ruffled Peter’s hair. “Yeah you’re right kid. Now go out there and talk to that gorgeous genius.”

 “Okay. I can do this. Wish me luck.”

 “You got this Peter.”

 Peter stood up and taking a deep breath left the cockpit walking to the observation deck he knew Shuri would be on. Opening the door, he saw Shuri sitting on the floor with what looked like something mechanical in front of her.

 “I found a deactivated pit droid and decided to take it apart. Thinking of making a lamp or something.”

 “That sounds cool actually.”

 “Yeah it’s something to do at least. Been wondering why you’ve been avoiding me.”

 “I wasn’t…I…”

 “You suck a lying Peter. Now come over and help me with this.” Shuri said with a smile, back still facing Peter, as Peter walked over.

 He sat next to Shuri and picked up a few parts looking at them. “Quite an adventure huh.” Peter suddenly said as Shuri just nodded.

 “It really was. It’s funny and ironic. I always dreamed on being on some epic adventure like that but damn I regret ever wanting it.”

 “Same here. Not quite as fun as it was in my mind.” Peter admitted with a laugh as Shuri chuckled.

 They worked in silence yet in sync, seeming to know what the other was thinking when putting pieces together. “Shuri…I’m not gonna lie…”

 “Good because like I said you suck at it.”

 “Yeah I’m the kind of person that would rat myself out for telling a lie.”

 “I can believe it. But honestly I find that endearing. I like transparency in a person. Makes it less likely for miscommunication and pain.” Shuri said softly welding two pieces together.

 “Same here. So in all transparency…I like you Shuri. How much I am not sure but I am really glad you decided to travel with us. I would love to get to know you better and maybe…well…who knows…we could…” Suddenly Peter found his lips claimed in a quick chaste kiss.

 Before he could truly register what was happening, Shuri pulled back and smiled. “You also talk too much. But I feel the same way. It is one reason I chose to travel with you but also I know that even if we don’t become romantic…we work well together. We both want similar things. To explore and grow. To see the universe.”

 Peter just smiled and cupping Shuri’s cheek nodded. “Yes. Yes to everything.” They rested their foreheads together, eyes closed, just taking in each other’s presence.

 “I’ll always be with you Peter.”

 “And I with you Shuri.” Peter whispered back this time initiating a gentle kiss before parting. They smiled at each other before parting and returning to build their creation.

 In the starboard observation lounge, Strange stood there looking out the window as Maribel and Pietro mediated behind him with Razor curled up asleep in between them. Soon they would be at Bogano. Soon Strange would either be among other survivors or help pave the way for those fleeing. Putting his hand to the window he wondered how many Jedi were still out there, survived the genocide of their kind and were seeking safety. Were they as lucky as he? As Pietro?

 The door opened as Strange saw Clint’s reflection in the window as the other man entered the room. Strange motioned for Clint to be quiet as Clint nodded and walked over to Strange.

 “How’s he doing?” Clint asked softly glancing at Pietro as Strange just smiled.

 “He’s doing quite well actually. I was honestly concerned about him at first after his temptation to the dark side but I think he found the will to fight back. I’ll definitely keep an eye on him but I have faith he’ll be a great Jedi. Make his sister and former master proud.”

 “It’s crazy to think all this time I was dating a Jedi. I had no idea…I mean I would think there would be some indication you know.”

 “There probably was but either you didn’t notice it or Pietro hid it well. Either way, it was probably for the best.”

 “I don’t know Stephen. I wish I knew earlier…I feel like I could have helped him…helped ease whatever trauma, nightmares, he was having.”

 “You did Clint. You did by allowing him a safe place to stay. You gave him refuge and shelter. You gave him love and kindness when he witnessed the worse of humanity.”

 “So what will happen to him Stephen? Will he become a Jedi knight? Will you train him?”

 Strange looked back at the two students mediating and said “I will offer guidance but I feel like my days as a Jedi master are over. The Force can only do so much to keep my hand steady and leg able to move without a limp. If…if things go the way I want them to…Pietro may become Maribel’s master.”

 “That may be good for him, give him something to do, to focus on. What do you think we’ll find on this planet?”

 “I honestly don’t know Clint. For all we know it could be dead end. But I believe it isn’t. I believe it is our salvation or why else would the Force guide us here. Even if it isn’t anything, we have nothing else. The galaxy isn’t ready for Jedi to reemerge yet.”

 “Will it ever be?”

 “I like to believe that once the Empire is taken down it will be.”

 “Well if Fury's organization grows and all, it may happen soon.”

 “One can hope Clint. One can hope.” Strange said softly resting his good hand on Clint’s shoulder as he just nodded and turning sat down next to Pietro closing his eyes.

Chapter 39

Notes:

This is it! That last chapter! Following this is the epilogue to successfully conclude this epic story.

If you made it this far, thank you!

Chapter Text

 “I can’t believe it. We’re here.” Pietro said as everyone stood in the cockpit staring at the green planet with swirls of white from clouds and snowcapped mountains in front of them.

 “Believe it kid. Steph any idea where to land?” Tony asked when Maribel walked over and sat in the co pilot chair.

 “Give me control.”

 “Look I get that you are a pretty powerful youngling but you are 5. Can’t let drive a ship…” Tony started when Maribel closed her eyes and held out her hands. 

 Tony felt the controls jerk out of his hands and start moving on their own. “What the hell…” Clint muttered as Strange just chuckled.

 “The Force will show us the way.”

 “Well the Force better not wreck the ship.” Tony groused leaning back and crossing his arms over his chest watching the ship descend onto the planet.

 Everyone watched in silent awe as they flew over lush forest, snow capped mountains, crystal blue lakes, and darker blue oceans. “It’s gorgeous.” Shuri whispered taking Peter’s hand as Peter looked down then smiling intertwined their fingers together.

 “It really is.” Peter said when suddenly a clearing came into view and the ship started to land. Smoothly, the ship landed on the forest floor before the engine shut down.

 “Show off.” Tony muttered out loud as Maribel opened her eyes and smiling stood up.

 “We’re here.” She whispered looking at Strange with wide eyes as Strange nodded.

 “We are darling. Let’s go see what awaits us.”

 As the boarding ramp descended Clint went out first, bowcaster raised, as Tony followed pistol at ready. Looking around they both nodded and called for the others to join. They left the ship and stood in the clearing hearing the sounds of wildlife. “The energy here is amazing. I feel it coursing through me.” Pietro said looking at his hands as Strange just closed his eyes smiling.

 “It feels so different from the last place master.” Maribel commented with a smile as Strange nodded.

 “Yes. This is a good sign that we are where we are suppose to be.” Strange knelt down with grunt placing both hands flat on the forest floor. Closing his eyes he began to glow orange as Maribel began glowing a purple and Pietro an ice blue. They each closed their eyes and knelt by Strange feeling the Force flow through them and mingle.

 “What is going on?” Clint asked Tony the colors unfortunately not visible to them.

 “They seem to be connecting with the planet or something similar.” Tony said when the three opened their eyes and nodded to each other.

 Tony was instantly by Strange’s side and helping him up said “Well? You know where to go?”

 “Yes. We are not far.” Strange said walking off as the others followed.

 After about an hour of walking they came to what looked like a stone wall covered in moss. “Now what?” Clint asked looking around when suddenly Maribel touched it and the moss parted.

 “Amazing! It’s an illusion of sorts.” Shuri said with a gasp as Strange nodded.

 “Yes. One only able to be disturbed by someone Force sensitive.” Strange explained taking Maribel’s hand who looked up at Strange and smiled.

 “We did it master. Master Wanda would be so proud.” Maribel said as Strange just looked down at her.

 “She would." Strange said softly looking back up at the entrance wishing she was here.

 "I am here. I always will be. Now go. Now to your new home. Your safe haven." Wanda's voice whispered in Strange's ear as Strange smiled feeling her presence. He saw movement and glanced over at Pietro who clutched both hands to his chest and knew he heard her voice too. Or perhaps he heard Mordo's.

 "Master?" Maribel asked looking up at him as Strange just started forward, Maribel eagerly following with Razor trilling beside her.

 They walked through the parted moss with Peter bringing up the rear seeing the opening suddenly shimmer back together. “That is so cool.” Peter whispered before turning and running to catch up. What they saw was definitely not what they expected. In a large clearing surrounded by mountains was what appeared to be a small city or very large village.

 “Are all these Jedi?” Shuri asked as Strange looked around.

 “Yes most of them are but not all. More than I thought survived…more than I thought fled here.”

 “Some were here long before the order was given.” Said a voice as Strange froze recognizing that voice immediately.

 Turning, Strange saw a familiar bald headed Jedi with brown robes walk over with a smile. “Master Wong?!” Strange exclaimed as Wong too froze and stared.

 “Stephen Strange? By the Force! You’re alive!”

 Strange laughed and rushed over to the older man, limp slowing him down some, as the two embraced laughing. “So are you! I was so certain when the temple was hit you…”

 “Same when I heard about Dantooine. Is Wanda with you? The others?” Wong asked looking over at the group as Strange looked down.

 “No. She gave herself to ensure I was able to flee. Only one youngling survived. Maribel.” Strange explained as Maribel walked over with the others.

 “Master Wong. Hi!” Maribel said with a smile hugging him.

 Wong knelt down and hugging her said “Hello Maribel. We have heard a lot about you. Glad you were able to make it.” Standing he looked at Pietro and embraced the young man.

 “Pietro Maximoff. I am so sorry for your loss. I heard about Mordo…and now your sister…you are safe here. All of you are.” Wong said holding the young man who just clutched him tight.

 Parting Wong looked at the group then at Strange with a raised eyebrow. “Everyone this is Wong. He was the Jedi in charge of the Temple Archives with Master Jocasta Nu. Wong, these are our allies. There were more that helped us on this journey but they all had their own paths to follow once it was done. This is Tony Stark, my boyfriend, and his apprentice Peter Parker. They took Maribel and I in when we were able to make it to Corellia. That’s Razor. She’s Maribel’s pet and honestly a damn good protector.” Razor rubbed against Wong’s legs purring as Wong just chuckled.  “This is Shuri, her brother and his husband took us in and helped us escape Thanos and the Dark Order losing their own planet in the process.”

 “This is Clint. He’s…my boyfriend and well…honestly my savior. Took me in and helped me find a my way, my place. I know Jedi aren’t suppose to love but…” Pietro said holding Clint’s hand in both of his.

 “It is all right Pietro, there are many things that will need to be looked at and reevaluated regarding the future of Jedi. You are all welcome here. Now come, I must hear how you made it here and then we can get you settled. I am sure you have many questions yourself.”

 “How did this place exist? Who created it?” Tony asked following Wong into the city.

 “It was created long ago by four Jedi who decided to spend their life in solitude. They came to this planet and found that it was very responsive to force sensitive individuals. It amplified their power and seemed to protect them. Seemed to welcome them and ensure they had their needs met. A mystery I don’t think any of us will understand…and honestly…I like a little mystery.

 Since then it has been a refuge, a place for Jedi to come and practice their art away from the temple, away from civilization. The Council then decided to use this place for Jedi who needed to heal. Who suffered too much or were just in need of respite. Most didn’t stay permanently but some did. Some loved the life here…that was all they wanted. Then Order 66 happened. The Jedi here heard about it and together they joined their powers and sent out a message through the Force. A message only Force users on the same frequency so to speak would hear.”

 “Frequency?” Shuri asked as Wong nodded.

 “Light side users. A message Sith could not hear or find out. Jedi and Sith run on different frequencies. We are all connected to the Force but the Force itself has different frequencies. Jedi use one, Sith use another.”

 “That oddly makes sense.” Clint said as Wong just chuckled.

 “It can all be kind of mind boggling at first but after some time, it all clicks.”

 “So everyone here is a Jedi?” Tony asked looking at all the people milling about when he saw a group of younglings about Maribel’s age playing ball.

 “No not everyone. A majority are Jedi but many are like you Tony Stark, allies. Those that helped Jedi seek refuge. We do not turn anyone away that is seeking refuge. The land provides quite a bit of resources from food to water to life stock…it truly is a paradise.”

 “Seems almost too good to be true.” Strange said looking around.

 “I was like that too when I first came here. But it works. And the people here…are happy. It is a place we can rebuild and flourish until the time comes for Jedi to once again integrate back into the galaxy.”

 “Where is Master Nu?” Pietro asked looking around as Wong ran a hand over his head.

 “She didn’t make it. She died protecting the archives. I took what I could and fled, thinking she was behind him. The minute I turned she closed the door and that is when I knew she made her decision. Very few of us made it out of the temple alive. Those who did…we were able to make off the planet and our way here. So many lives joined the Force that day.” Wong said softly as everyone nodded.

 “But enough about me and this place, tell me Stephen. How the hell did you survive and make it here. You mentioned Thanos and the Dark Order.” Wong said motioning them into a building where they all sat on some cushions. Once tea was passed around as were bowls of soup and bread, Strange began to regale Wong of the odyssey he and Maribel undertook to survive and start a new life.

Chapter 40: Epilogue

Notes:

The final final chapter of this story!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 Strange was drawn out of his mediation by a kiss on his neck by his once boyfriend now husband. “Tony. Not while I am mediating.”

 “Well sorry but how else was I suppose to get your attention to let you know they have returned.” Tony said with a huff as Strange opened his eyes and with the help of his husband got up.

 “They’re back?”

 “Yep their ship just broke atmosphere and they are heading their way here.” Tony said taking Strange’s hand as they left their house with Razor, now a full grown Nexu, walking by their side.

 They walked to the hangar that was inside the nearby mountain and stood there seeing Clint approach them. “Finally. I was getting anxious with them being out there.” 

 “I know what you mean. Still waiting for Peter and Shuri to check in. They made it to Tatooine but that’s all I know.”

 “Still don’t know why they went there. Way too much sand and sun.” Clint said with a sniff as Strange just laughed.

 “I don’t know something about wanting to see a Krayt Dragon or pod race or something. All I said is that they better not get hitched while they are off planet hopping.” Tony said when they saw the small cruiser enter the hangar and land. Strange smiled and approached the ship hearing the engines cut off and finally the ramp open to reveal a now 10 year old Maribel and 27 year old Pietro.

 “Master Strange! We did it! We now each have our own lightsabers!” Maribel exclaimed running over as Pietro followed.

 “I am so proud of you both. I knew it would happen.” Strange said hugging Maribel as Clint scooped Pietro up in a bear hug. Maribel opened her arms to Razor who bounded forward rubbing against her purring.

 It was definitely a sight, as Strange saw several occupants in the hangar turn to stare at this 4.5 foot young girl hugging a 6 foot, 500 pound cat like creature that has the reputation of a killing machine. When they had first arrived, many people here were wary of the Nexu but soon everyone had come to lover her when they saw how docile she was. 

 “Well come on, show us what you created.” Tony said taking Strange’s hand as Maribel drew her lightsaber and ignited it. Strange and Tony smiled seeing the lilac colored lightsaber.

 “The crystals chose me! It was an amazing process!” Maribel said brushing back her padawan braid turning to Pietro. “Show them yours master!”

 Pietro left Clint’s arms and drawing his new saber ignited it to reveal a crystal blue almost white blade. “It’s different than my other one but…it feels right. I saw her Master Strange. Wanda. She was there and helped me make my lightsaber. She was with me as was Mordo. He too helped guide me through the process.”

 “They will always be with you Pietro as will all the Jedi who have fallen or eventually join the Force.” Strange explained placing his hands on both Maribel and Pietro’s shoulders. “I am so proud of you both.”

 “Could’t have done it without you Master Strange.” Maribel said as hugging him.

 “Same here. And thank you. Thank you for giving me the chance to prove myself and to train Maribel. I won’t fail her.” Pietro said looking down at his padawan as Maribel just smiled up at him.

 “I know. The minute I saw you two together I knew you would train her.”

 “Well come on. I know Wong will be excited to hear the story. Damn does that man love stories.” Tony said with chuckle shaking his head as Strange just laughed.

 “That he does.” Strange agreed taking Tony’s hand as Maribel took his other following Clint and Pietro out of the hangar, with Razor bounding happily behind them, and back to the place they call home. 

Notes:

Well that's it folks! So concludes Quest for Survival: An Avenger's Story.

I want to thank everyone who read, liked, and commented on this story! Your support has meant so much and keeps me writing and posting more stories!

This multichapter beast may be over but there will be plenty of Marvel one shots coming your way featuring many different couples. AND! Expect in the coming year or so another fun filled Marvel AU inspired by the show Black Sails.

Thanks again and have a safe and happy holidays!