Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-10-04
Completed:
2021-12-11
Words:
70,841
Chapters:
40/40
Comments:
242
Kudos:
96
Bookmarks:
25
Hits:
3,601

Quest for Survival: An Avenger's Story

Chapter Text

 “We are searching all the houses in the nearby area. There are two Jedi on the loose. They are a threat and must be taken into custody at once.” The lead trooper said as Tony nodded.

 “Well I can assure you there are none in here. Just me and the kid.” Tony said as Peter just waved from behind him.

 “Doesn’t matter we must make sure. Jedi are sneaky creatures. They can use their powers to control your mind and make you do your bidding. Now move aside by order of the great Emperor Palpatine.” The lead trooper said as Tony shrugged.

 “Fine knock yourself out.” Tony said stepping aside as the four entered.

 “You said it was just you and the kid here correct?”

 “Sir I am picking up two more heat signatures coming from one of the rooms.” Another trooper said as they turned to Tony.

 “Oh yeah sorry that’s my cousin and his daughter…they came to visit but the daughter is sick.” Tony said with a shrug when the leader looked at him.

 “Papers both of you.” He suddenly ordered as Tony nodded to Peter. Peter raced over to a drawer and pulled out two forms.

 A trooper took them and said “Checks out sir.”

 “Alright come on let’s check this place. You, Mr. Stark, will take me to your cousin and his daughter. I must check their papers.” The lead trooper said nodding to another to go with him.

 “Of course, but are you sure. I can vouch for them and he is very distraught over the health of his daughter.” Tony said leading them down the hallway.

 “Positive sir. Again we have had those who have given us all kind of excuses to harbor these criminals.”

 Tony opened the door revealing Strange lounging on the bed with Maribel cradled in his arms. He looked up seeing the troopers then at Tony who gave a shrug.

 “Sir do you and your daughter have your papers?”

 “Sorry we do not. Our bags were stolen when we landed. Please we’ve been through a lot.” Strange said in an exhausted voice rubbing the cool cloth across Maribel’s face.

 “Daddy I don’t feel good.” She whimpered turning in his arms.

 “What is your name?”

 “Stephen Poridge, this is my daughter Maribel.” Strange said knowing that it would be less likely that Maribel’s name would be known than his.

 “When did you arrive here?” The trooper asked as Strange looked down.

 “Um maybe two days ago? I don’t know. Like I said my daughter and I have been through hell getting here. My wife died a week ago and we had to sell our house and everything for funeral costs.” Strange said in a sad voice kissing Maribel’s head.

 “Do you guys seriously have to question him? He’s been through enough. He’s my cousin you have my world.” Tony said walking over to Strange.

 “Sir his name does not appear in any registry. There was a Stephen Strange pinged for being a Jedi.” Both Tony and Strange kept their cool but did exchange looks.

 “All right get up. We need to search you.” The other trooper said walking over when Strange did a slight wave of his hand.

 “You made a mistake. My name is in there. You just spelled it wrong.” Strange said a soothing voice as the troopers both looked at him. “My daughter and I are perfectly legal and you have no further business here.”

 There was a pause when the trooper said “Sir my mistake he is in here. He checks out.”

 “Affirmative. We are moving out. Our business here is done.” The other trooper said leaving the room as Tony looked at Strange stunned then followed the troopers out.

 “It seems you were telling the truth Mr. Stark. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

 Tony just waved them away as Peter closed the door. “What happened Mr. Stark?” Peter asked when Tony took off towards the bedroom, Peter following.

 “You’re a fucking Jedi!?”

 “It appears so.” Strange said simply setting Maribel down on the bed as Razor jumped up and curled next to her.