Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
International Fanworks Day 2022 - Classic Fic Recs
Stats:
Published:
2021-10-03
Updated:
2022-03-14
Words:
292,773
Chapters:
48/?
Comments:
215
Kudos:
234
Bookmarks:
22
Hits:
15,883

Traveling Through Worlds

Summary:

When their lives hit a low point, all demons affected become desperate for away out of their awful lives. However they are thrusted into an alternate dimension with all too familiar faces, friend and foe. They all must come together to find the way back and come to terms with the past and confront their futures. Will they make it home or will something far and wide tear them apart?

Notes:

For this fic, Vaggie and Charlie are just friends. Nothing against RainbowMoth but I personally don’t want my fic to focus on any particular relationships as of yet.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Charlie clutched her 'Happy Hotel' paper in her hands. She had just come up with it about a month prior as the yearly Extermination was approaching. The time where the Exorcists from Heaven would descend upon the population and massacre any demon they could.

It had been this way since Charlie could remember. For years, her Father was the one who set the fireworks to announce the end of the Extermination but when Charlie grew old enough to do it on her own, she was tasked with the responsibility and had been doing it for centuries.

Despite all the time that passed, Charlie never adjusted to it and was always saddened when she saw the bodies hitting the floor, blood pouring from the streets and the stench of death that plagued the air more than usual always hurt her saintly soul.

Most had grown apathetic to it...but not her and Charlie was hoping that maybe she could come up with something to fix the overpopulation issue with the influx of sinners dropping down from Earth.

On paper, the Happy Hotel was supposed to reform demons and help them ascend to Heaven by cutting out their awful habits.

Ideally, in Charlie's imagination, Heaven would stop the examinations and Hell would at least be able to function a bit better without the yearly slaughters happening.

Still, Charlie was aware her plan was missing a few steps, one that her best friend, Vaggie, had told her several times to elaborate on. At the moment, Charlie was a bit stuck on the in-between part of her idea, but she figured she'd work on the specifics once she had a willing sinner on her hands that'd sign up for the program and how to handle it from there.

Charlie was heading up to her parents at the Magne Mansion to discuss her ideals. Prior to her leaving, she informed Vaggie of her departure, something her mother's friend had recommended against once she heard of the plan to inform her parents, claiming Lucifer and Lilith wouldn't respond too well and to wait until they had the thing set up…

Course, Charlie brushed off this advice, saying that she was going to give it a go anyway and to have some faith in her….

As Charlie shuffled her paper in her hands, she eagerly waltzed on up to the mansion's entrance and knocked. One of her parent's servants answered the door and greeted her, "Oh hello, Princess Charlotte. Welcome home, your parents have been expecting you…"

"Thanks! Though just so you know, I prefer going by Charlie!"

"Oh, my apologies for your highness."

"It's fine!" She assured me, "No need for titles, I prefer being casual with my subjects! Now would you mind telling me where Mom and Dad are? I'd like to speak with them?"

"They're in Lucifer's office. I'm certain you know the way but are you sure you don't want to be escorted?"

"No thanks, I'm perfectly alright getting there myself! See ya!" Charlie waved before heading off to go greet her parents, a tiny hop in her walk.

Charlie then took a left down the hallway and approached a set of double doors that she knew all too well. She took a deep breath before opening the gates. Inside, Lucifer and Lilith were together, the former sitting on a chair while the latter had her arms wrapped around him, giggling as she whispered something in his ear.

"Oh Lilith, I just adore the way you think. You're such a deviant...I love that about you~"

"As do I, my love…"

'Oh god, I'm starting to remember why I wanted to move out so badly…' Charlie cringed before clearing her throat, "Ahem! Mom, Dad! Hate to break the moment but can you guys like NOT have sex while I'm here?"

Both monarchs flinched, jumping back at their daughter's voice. Apparently, they hadn't noticed Charlie was standing right there and at once recomposed themselves once the realization hit.

"Oh...Charlotte-"

"Charlie," She corrected, "It's Charlie, Dad…"

"Oh right. Forgot you liked going by that nickname…" He sighed," Well then, Charlie, I have to say that you being here this early was...a bit surprising. Mind explaining the reason for your appearance? It's surely of importance if you've come all the way here…"

"Well, you see, Dad, I've been thinking and well...I'm kind of sick of how things have been around here…"

"What do you mean by this, Charlie?" Lilith asked, appearing somewhat concerned by her daughter's tone.

"You two know that I was never a big fan of the whole yearly exterminations going around. I always hated this time of the year and now that it's coming up in about a month, I figured that maybe I should...do something about it."

"And how do you plan on doing this?" Lucifer asked boredly, looking at his gloves dismissively.

"I'm opening up a Hotel to reform demons."

At that moment, Charlie could feel dread growing in her stomach as the silence set in. Her parents' demeanor had shifted, Lucifer going from bored to angry while Lilith's calm expression immediately turned to worry.

"This..this has got to be a joke, Charlie. You can't be serious."

"I'm dead serious, Dad," She retorted, "I've never been more serious about something in my entire life…"

"I...I refuse to believe this," He growled, "This is not happening. No. I refuse to believe this. This is all just such a fucked up dream. This isn't real…"

"It is real, Dad. I'm being genuine here, I want to advertise my hotel for all to see and for that to happen I need you guys to hand me one of those buildings we have so I can start up shop and refurbish the place for its purpose."

"Absolutely not," Lucifer growled, "No daughter of mine is starting up some 'Redemption' project that is bound for failure. The denizens of Hell are hopeless and incapable of change, don't you think there's a reason they're bound to Hell and not Heaven? If they were good, they wouldn't be here. There's no hope for the damned and trying to help those who damned themselves is a fruitless venture."

"No!" She shouted, "You're wrong! You don't know that!"

"I know more than you. I lived in Heaven, and I was there from the beginning. I can assure you that my siblings won't be open to the notion of letting Heaven's gates flow through Heaven's gates. There's no redemption for the wicked, Charlie. They had their chance on Earth and they wasted it. There's no point in trying to help them now."

"I can still try!" Charlie exclaimed, "Just because you have accepted how things are doesn't mean I have to!"

"Even if you don't accept it, you'll eventually realize later on that I was right. This place is built off suffering and there's nothing you can do to change it. If you want to spare your feelings, I suggest you drop this idea of yours so we can all pretend this never happened, Charlie."

"Not a chance! I didn't come all the way here just for you to put down my idea before it can even get off the ground!" She slammed her fist on the desk, "I will make my idea possible and nothing you say will change my mind!"

"I forbid it! You cannot open a hotel based on such nonsensical premises! No demon wants to change, Charlie! You'll be hard pressed to find any demon down here willing to go along with your program. It's dead on arrival and you shouldn't waste your time trying to save these hopeless souls."

"I cannot believe you! How can you be so heartless, Dad!? They are literally your subjects, and you won't even approve of an idea that could literally help everyone if it did succeed!?"

"I'm being realistic, nobody is going to sign up for this, Charlie. And it won't work. Heaven won't approve of it. You should just let it go and forget about this little Hotel of yours before you end up doing something you'll end up regretting. All you're doing is making yourself look foolish, Charlie. I'm saving you trouble and you're still persisting."

"Oh, be quiet! Don't act like you're doing this for my benefit! You just don't want to look 'weak'!" She hissed, "You think my idea will make you look bad!"

"Of course, it would, don't you think I'd look less credible if I had my daughter running around with some canonical redemption center? I'd be considered a laughing stock…"

"Is your reputation more important than me?"

Lucifer fell silent, Charlie's eyes narrowing in disgust.

"Wow, Dad...That's really low. I'm honestly disappointed, I'd think you'd care more for someone you've raised for centuries but I guess your ego does tower above all…"

"Don't you dare speak that way to me.I demand respect, Charlotte and you aren't giving me what I deserve."

"Respect is earned not given. And I certainly won't respect someone who doesn't even take my ideals seriously and trash them whenever they get the chance."

"Hmph. It hardly matters. After all, if these are your ideals then you are clearly nothing more than a failure. How unfortunate I only realized my mistake this far down the line, now you're just a walking disaster who won't accomplish anything meaningful in life. No daughter of mine is going to be running around with such ridiculous ideas, I will not allow it."

Charlie flinched at her father's cold tone before scowling, "Then it's a good thing I don't consider you my father, because you're just a cold heartless bastard who's incapable of swallowing his pride for the sake of someone other than himself. Sorry I wasted my time with a low-life like you. To think you actually cared about someone other than yourself..."

Silence filled the room, neither moved, momentarily stunned at their own words. Charlie then turned her back and said, "I...I should go…"

Lilith tensed before reaching out, "Charlie…"

"Yes Mom?"

"You...you can have one of the spare buildings. I'll let you have it for your project…"

"Thanks...I appreciate it…" Charlie mumbled, "Bye, Mom...And Goodbye Lucifer..."

Lucifer's expression sulked slightly as Charlie turned her back on him. When Charlie stormed out of the room, he turned towards Lilith with gritted teeth, "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why'd you give it to her? You know it's going to fail…"

"I know, but I figured letting her have it and seeing what she does with it was better than nothing. Let her chase her dreams, once she realizes it's impossible on her own, she'll come around, honey…"

"I hope you're right. I don't need her chasing fluffy clouds and rainbows at her age. Hopefully she outgrows this little redemption phase so we can move on with our lives without issue…"

"Let's hope so…" Lilith said, "But now that she isn't here, don't you think we should continue what we were doing before?"

"I like the way you think, Lilith...That sounds like a splendid idea…" Lucifer chuckled before resuming their 'fun' together.


Velvette sighed as she played on her phone to distract herself from her surroundings.

From afar, she could hear Vox and Valentino bickering in the distance. They had been fighting more than usual and it was getting nastier by the day. Even by their standards the number of times Vox and Val clashed was abnormal as there would at least be a period of time where they didn't tear each other apart.

She couldn't tell what they were fighting about this time, but she knew it was something petty. Most of the fights usually stemmed from Val being pissed that Vox did something minor and lashed out with physical and emotional abuse.

What concerned her was that by now, they'd at least have concluded their arguing match. That conclusion usually ended with Vox getting his screen shattered and being in a bad mood for a week or so before ultimately giving Val a present as a 'makeup' gift to put the moth in a better mood that would last at least a week or two before the cycle would repeat itself.

The issue was they weren't settled, and she could tell it was getting nasty this time around. Vark was sitting next to her, flinching every time Val's voice rose an octave. She patted him on the head, "Don't worry boy, it'll be over soon…I think…"

Her eyes widened when she heard Valentino shouting, "I cannot believe you! You're just a worthless piece of shit! Why are you such a pest!?"

"Who the fuck are you calling pest, asshole? You've been nothing but a pain in my backside ever since we met!"

"How dare you! I'm the reason you even got this position in the first place! Without me you'd never be an overlord! You'd just be another pile of waste out there like the other trash in the streets!"

"Oh woah, going that low huh, Val? Don't act like you did everything, I worked for my position, and I've been doing most of the work for years! I'm the one putting in the work for everything nowadays!"

"You don't do jack shit, Vox…"

"Yes, I fucking do! And you rely on me for everything! You take my money, my credit cards and spend it on stupid shit that you already have! I spend money buying gifts for you all the fucking time and I don't even get a 'thank you'! All you do is leech off people and it seems the only thing you care about is pleasuring yourself with your whores!"

"Oh, I see how it is, you're jealous aren't you, Vox?"

"No shit I am, jackass! All you do nowadays is fuck your whores all day and count your money! That's all you fucking do outside of threatening people for minor offenses! You spend more time with the spider-whore than you do with ME!"

"I do not."

"Yes, you fucking do!" Vox hissed, "You've cancelled our recent dates ten times in a fucking row all because you wanted to watch Angel Dust's latest show. You couldn't sit one FUCKING show out just to spend time with your own boyfriend! I sat in a fucking restaurant looking like a complete utter jackass for hours because you didn't SHOW UP and you've never made it up to me!"

"You're still angry about that? That was like a month ago…"

"It was just last week you fucking asshole!" Vox hissed, "You've been missing out on dates for months! Why are your whores more important than your fucking boyfriend whose done nothing but try and please your sorry ass for decades!? What does that Spider have that I don't!? I own an entire multimedia empire, I'm one of the strongest overlords and I have more powers than he can dream of and yet HE'S somehow more important to you than me!"

"Maybe because Angel-Cakes knows when to shut his ungrateful ass up and knows his place. Something you don't seem to understand, Vox…"

"Know my place!? Have you forgotten we're both overlords!?" Vox screeched, "In case you've forgotten Val, I'm not your fucking whore, I'm your business partner! I don't need to suck your dick to pay rent so quit treating me like you own me!"

"I do own you, Voxy…"

"No you fucking don't! I didn't make a contract with you, you don't own shit!"

"Oh, come on, Vox. We both know that you need me, you wouldn't be able to function if I wasn't there. You'd be nothing without me, Vox and you know it…"

Velvette tensed, deciding to rise up from her position before it could get any worse. She walked in the room and saw Vox and Val standing mere feet apart, fists clenched, and teeth bared, "Boys, don't you two think you've been fighting for a bit too long? You should just settle down and-"

"Stay outta this Baby doll. This is between me and the TV…."

"But-"

"I said sit the fuck back down, Velvette!" Valentino growled, "This has nothing to do with you, stay out of this fight!"

"Watch your tone with her, Val!" Vox shouted, "Velvette has nothing to do with this! Quit acting like a dick!"

"She's the one who decided to get involved, jackass!"

"Oh, so now I'm the jackass huh? Fuck off with your bullshit, Val! You've been nothing but a dick to everyone you've come in contact with!"

"Just the way I am, baby. You should know that by now, Vox. I'd think you'd know how I worked after all these years…"

"I know plenty, Val. I know that you're nothing but a fucking self-absorbed dick who can't think of anyone else's well-being for five fucking seconds! You are single-handedly the most selfish, arrogant, condescending fucker in this damn RING! I cannot believe that I got stuck with you of all people for decades! I've tried to fix our train-wreck of a relationship for years and no matter what I do, it just isn't good enough for you! The tiniest mistake sends you into a tantrum and no matter how hard I try to make it work, we're just incompatible because of your selfishness!"

Val clenched his fist, raising his hand in the air, "Why you-!"

Vox braced himself for the inevitable hit just like the other times…

The hit never came, but what happened next may as well have been worse than the expected outcome because the sound of someone getting hit caused Vox's eyes to snap open. His face fell when he saw Velvette's body on the floor in front of him, taking the hit for him in the process…

"Vel?" He asked in disbelief, horrified at the sight. He looked up at Valentino, who for a split second seemed taken back. The TV Demon scowled, glaring at his boyfriend with rage, "What the fuck is wrong with you, Val!? Why'd you hit her!?"

"I was aiming for you jackass! The only reason she got hit was because she jumped in the way! That was her fault, not mine!"

"She wouldn't have gotten hit if you weren't swinging your fists around like a child just because you got angry!" Vox growled, "I cannot believe it! Even now, you're just incapable of admitting you fucked up! Look at what you've done! I hope you're happy with yourself, Val because I know I'm not!"

"Oh, fuck off, Vox. That wasn't my fault, she got in the way. If Baby doll just sat back and minded her own business, she wouldn't have gotten hit," The moth huffed, dismissing his boyfriend's criticisms

Vox's body twitched with rage, unable to believe what he was hearing. It was the same victim blaming bullshit Val had used countless times over the years. It was one thing to hear about him but when he heard Val deploying the same tactics on Velvette, it caused him to flare up with fury.

Val then reached towards Velvette's body, "Now Baby Doll, why don't you come to Daddy so we can patch you up and-Argh!" Val was suddenly slammed against the wall by a cable cord before he could touch her.

Vox's voice glitched out as he said,"StAy bAcK, vAl. I wOn'T hEsiTaTe. YoU'vE gOnE tOo FaR tHis TimE. If YoU dArE tOuCh HeR...nO oNe, NoT eVeN GOD wIlL sTaNd In My WaY tO puT yOuR aSs tO rEst A sEcOnD tIme."

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Vox!? I wasn't going to hurt her dammit!?"

"YoU'Ll dO nO sUcH tHiNg! YoU'vE lOsT tHe RiGhT tO dO sUcH a ThInG!" The TV Demon protectively held Velvette close to his chest, "GeT tHe FuCk fRoM uS vAl! Or ELsE!" He summoned electricity from his palms to ward off the moth from stepping any closer.

Val gritted his teeth. As much as he wanted to slam his fist into Vox's screen again, he knew that attacking Vox in his current state of mind was a death sentence. The TV Demon was physically stronger than him and had more abilities suited for combat. Attacking him in a straight up fight wouldn't end well for him, especially if Box isn't holding back.

"Hmph. Fine, Voxy. Have it your way…" He growled bitterly, "You can have her, Vox. Take her for all I care, just know that your ass and your belongings ain't welcome in this Studio. We're done, get the fuck out of my home before I kick you to the curb myself. Take your parasitic pet with you as well…"

Vox clenched his teeth, "So that's it huh? You're just kicking us out?"

"Duh. Since you're being an ungrateful asshole, I see no reason to keep you around. If I can't be around Vel then maybe, you should take care of her all by herself. That's assuming she isn't bored of you since we know she prefers me…"

"We don't need you, Val…"

"If you think so much, why don't you leave then? Take the girl and the shark for all I care, you're not welcome here anyhow ..."

"Fine then...I will…" Vox carried Velvette out. He summoned his bags, packed everything of importance and motioned for Vark,"Come on boy, let's go. We're not welcome here anymore…"

Vark blinked before following after his owner, following right behind him. As they were about to leave, Vox narrowly dodged a holy bullet that seemed to be aimed for his head. He turned towards Val with a death stare, "What the fuck Val!?"

"You were taking too long…" The moth said dismissively, "Keep it up and this time I won't miss. That was just a practice shot so I suggest you move that flat ass of yours before I send your ass to double-hell in a hand-basket."

"Gladly. I can tell when I'm not welcome, Val. See you never, you overgrown rat! I'm outta here! "The TV Demon scoffed before slamming the door behind him so hard that it nearly broke the damn thing off its hinges.

Valentino narrowed his eyes before pulling out a cigarette,"Damn...there goes my free fucktoy and my doll. Oh well, not like I needed them anyway. I can always find someone else to replace them. And now that I don't have to deal with Vox, I can spend more time with my lovely whores…"

He then pulled out his phone and sent Angel a text.

Val: Angel-Cakes, Daddy wants to spend time with you...Come to the Studio with me. Voxy left and I'm awfully lonely.

There was a brief pause before Angel texted back.

Angel: I'm on my way, Daddy….

Val: Good boy...