Actions

Work Header

Harry Potter Sa'd al-bari of the Lamp

Chapter 26: Part XXIV: An Ending of Epic Proportions

Summary:

me:*peaks out the door, throws out this chapter to the crowd, then slams the door*

*pause*

*opens door again to throw out Tissues and a Tissue Warning/Alert, then slams door closed again*

*hides in darkness*… -.-

Let the Battle commence!

Notes:

Special Note: R.I.P Robin Williams. This story started because of you, and you will always be *my* genie. Thanks to the work of Will Smith and the Broadway Genies, I was able to get the inspiration to complete it. All of you brought your own personality to Genie, and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

/thoughts/

"Genie conversations"

Sa'd al-bari is Arabic for "lucky star of the excellent one"

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Part XXIV: An Ending of Epic Proportions

Draco was at the bottom of the steps leading out of the owlery when he heard then saw said stupid cat staring at him from the other end of the hallway. The cat seemed like she was in a worse mood than normal, and Draco knew that was a reflection of her owner. If he were caught, he would be getting some serious detention time.

Without thinking the Slytherin turned to the nearest hall and when he was out of sight of Ms. Norris, started moving a little faster. Malfoy’s didn’t run away- but the last thing he needed was detention on top of everything else. The meowing from behind him, made Draco move even faster. Especially since it was starting to be accompanied by a more annoyed than usual voice, “Find something good my pretty? Some students in need of detention perhaps?”

In a slight panic Draco suddenly thought, /I need a place to hide!!!!/ A door appeared on his left, and without questioning it, he ran inside, quietly shutting it behind himself and moving away into the stacks of misplaced items.

Within a few minutes the Slytherin Prince had stumbled upon the disappearing cabinet that his Father wanted him to fix. All thoughts of Flitch and Ms. Norris fled when he laid eyes on the cabinet.

Finally. He would be able to complete a part of his task.

8888888888888888888888

Ms. Norris gave a smirk as she turned around from where she came. In the blink of an eye there was a popping sound and Ms. Norris was changed back into Harry, who promptly disappeared back to Severus’ chambers. He was happy he was able to help Draco with his task just a little bit. Master Slytherin’s wish gave him some leeway when he was granting wishes for the Heads of Slytherin House. He couldn’t do much, but he utilized whatever opportunities he could when he was out of his lamp. He was starting to come up with a secondary plot on how to help Draco with his task and wondered which disguise would be the best to use. /Perhaps a ghost…. The look I used when Master Slytherin took me on as an apprentice should work. /

As an unspoken request, Severus did not ask Harry about his dealings with Draco and Harry didn’t offer up any information. It was a small loophole in the genie code, but one that Harry was very willing to exploit for the situation. Now that Draco knew where and how to find the vanishing cabinets; Harry was ready to begin the next phase of his plan.

It was several weeks before Harry revealed himself to his once enemy. The genie was observing Draco from afar; to see what progress he was making on the task and what kind of assistance he would be able to give the boy.

Harry changed his appearance to that of his seventeen-year-old apprentice self, turned gray and intangible, and made it look like he was walking through the multiple piles of stuff in the room. “Oooooh,” he moaned dramatically, in a similar fashion to Myrtle, coming upon Draco’s aisle, “what a dreary day it is indeed.”

Draco could clearly hear him, if the wand pointing straight between Harry’s eyes was any indication. “Who in Merlin’s name are you?!” Draco didn’t shout, but it was close.

Harry pretended like he was just noticing Draco’s presence and raised his eyebrows in surprise, “’ello there. What brings you to the room of lost and forgotten things?”

Draco didn’t answer Harry’s question, “Who. Are. You.” The young Slytherin said with a growl.

Harry dropped his eyebrows together, like he was contemplating the question, “That… you know- I don’t remember my name. It’s been ages since I’ve spoken with anyone… why- you could be my new friend!”

The look on Draco’s face almost had Harry breaking character and laughing hysterically, but he held himself together with years of restraint /Thank the gods for Genie and Eden’s antics! /

“How about… not.” Said Draco with as much distain as he could muster, before narrowing his eyes with suspicion. “How did you come to be in this room? Or did you forget that as well…? How come I’ve never seen you around the castle? You aren’t listed as a ghost in Hogwarts a History either come to think of it…”

Harry let his own face fall at Draco’s rebuttal, before slowly raising his eyebrows again at the siege of questions. /Ooooh, he’s good! This is going to be so much fun!!! /

“I uhh… well… you see….” Harry paused, seemingly trying to remember why he was in this room, “Ah! Yes. My older brother… he and his friends were playing this joke… they took one of my prize possessions- my lucky rabbits' foot… and hide it in this room! Only… this room is big, and I got lost when I went to find it… and… and… I think I hit my head” Harry sniffled before continuing, “I’ve been looking for it for ages, but the room is so big, and I can’t…. I can’t find it!!!!” He then let out a cry that would also make Moaning Myrtle proud.

Draco covered his ears at the wail, “Stop! Bloody Stop!!”

Harry cut out the wailing and went back to sniffling pathetically. Draco waited a moment before uncovering his ears.

“What… what’s Hogwarts a History…?” Harry asked between sniffles.

Draco had a sinking feeling, “what’s the year?”

Harry drew his arms up to his chest, like he was thinking, “I believe it’s 955…? Although I might’ve missed the Winter Solstice, so maybe it’s 956? It’s hard to tell.”

Draco pinched the bridge of his nose, he didn’t have time for this weird ghost, “Look. I can’t help you find this lost thing- rabbit foot- whatever it is- right now… I’m busy trying to fix my cabinet. So why don’t you go off and find your…. Thing… whatever it was, in another aisle.”

The young Slytherin turned away, seemingly done with the conversation. Harry, on the other hand, who was playing the part of a ghost that was about a thousand years old with no contact with anything or anyone in that time refused to leave Draco’s side. Harry got pretty close to the Slytherin’s back, looking over his shoulder, “What’s wrong with your cabinet?”

Draco did NOT shriek like a first year Hufflepuff on the first day of Snape’s potion’s class. Or at least that’s what he would take to his grave. Harry again had a hard time not breaking character. “Bloody hell!! What are you still doing here?!?! I told you to leave me alone!”

“Maybe I can help! Master Slytherin was teaching me about wards and would let me help him and the other teachers with the building magics over the harvest breaks! Ppppplllllleeeeeeeaaaaaasseeeeeee, oh please let me help!”

Harry gave his once enemy his best puppy dog face, or at least the best he could do while in the guise of a ghost. Draco looked like he was trying to keep up his indifferent mask, but Harry could see he was wavering. “…Fine.” He finally growled, “But if you mess it up any more than this, I will find a way to send you to the afterlife completely! Do you understand?!?”

Harry’s gleeful “hooray” was heard out in the corridor it was so loud. Fortunately for the duo there was no one around to hear it. Unfortunately for Draco, it began one of the oddest partnerships he’d ever been a part of.

For the most part, Harry didn’t do too much to actually help Draco with his task. He would make odd comments occasionally that would give Draco an idea for some spell work, or he would “find” useful books that had been forgotten in the room over the long years of its existence. Being a “ghost,” he couldn’t actually pick up the books, so he would just pester Draco until the blonde got fed up enough to follow Harry to the book’s location.

Some of the books were pretty helpful, while others… /well…/ Harry thought, /I have to keep myself amused somehow! /

8888888888888888

Halloween came around with a very solemn air. There were strange whispers coming from the Gryffindor table, and an unbreakable tension from the Slytherin table. The teacher’s thought it might be some kind of impending prank war that would potentially turn into a bit of a blood bath.

However, the panicked Patronous that came into the Great Hall right before the start of the feast from the Ministry of Magic, asking for Dumbledore’s assistance disbanded that thought completely.

Voldemort was attacking the Ministry of Magic and from the sound of the Patronous, the Ministry was losing- badly. Dumbledore quickly sent the students back to their dorms, putting the school on emergency lock down.

“Heads of Houses do an attendance check at the dorms and enact the emergency lock down procedures for your houses. The rest of you keep up a patrol of the castle.” Dumbledore’s voice was calm but full of fury. The Headmaster locked eyes with Severus, trying to see if the Potions Master would give anything away. But Severus was too good at this game to let anything slip.

In a show of faith, Harry had let slip about the attack on the Ministry to his Master just a week before the intended day. For whatever reason, Voldemort himself had not let Severus in on the plan, making the potion’s master even wearier of the Dark Lord. If He thought Severus would’ve informed Dumbledore, then He would’ve found a spy in the ranks.

The pair had argued about what to do with the information before Harry made the most compelling argument, “Look. If you tell Dumbledore about the attack before it happens, then the Dark Lord will know you are no completely loyal. Especially since you shouldn’t have any information on the attack to begin with! If you pretend to be surprised then the Slytherin children under His control can take the genuine reactions of Dumbledore, the Heads of Houses, and the other student’s back to Him without you losing your credibility with Him. If anything, you can use this to your advantage! Play up how ‘disappointed’ Dumbledore will be with your lack of information.”

Grudgingly Severus knew the genie had a point. This would work in their favor in the long run. So, the Potions Master just followed Dumbledore’s directions, giving Draco a slightly nod towards the door to know he should NOT go to the dungeons, but also NOT get caught.

The battle at the Ministry was intense, and even with the assistance of the Order of the Phoenix; the Dark Lord was ultimately able to seize control. Both sides suffered serious loses, and Dumbledore was pretty disappointed with Severus.

The Dark Lord just smiled evilly when Severus relayed that information at his next summoning, not punishing his servant but not rewarding him either. Severus counted that as a win and went on to tell the Dark Lord of what he knew of Draco’s progress with his task, leaving out any information on the “ghost” that was assisting him.

With the fall of the Ministry of Magic into the Dark Lord’s control, many families were concerned with their children still staying at Hogwarts. They knew it was only a matter of time before Voldemort attacked the school. Even with Dumbledore’s assurances that the school was the safest place the students could be, tensions for the parents were at an all-time high.

The school itself was turning into its own battleground in its own right, with very little learning happening in the classrooms. The Gryffindors and Slytherins were the worst of the perpetrators, both groups going out of their way to taunt and provoke the other. Madam Pomfrey was becoming overwhelmed with students needing Hex and Curse cures.

It got so bad that Dumbledore had to make an announcement at dinner one night, “Any student caught participating in or attacking another student will be in detention through the summer holidays. This is not a time for childish insults and petty fights. We must ban together to fight an evil that is far worse than anything Brittan has seen before.”

The fighting did simmer down some with Dumbledore’s threat, however the tension was like a covered pot on high heat. Eventually it was going to boil over and no one would be safe when it finally did.

“Draco is nearly complete his first task,” said Harry on night after Severus had finally made it back to his room, from a long night of detentions.

“I thought it likely,” was all Severus said in response turning around to look at his genie floating above the couch like he was prone to do, “and the second portion of the task?”

“Either you can wait until the night Voldemort attacks to make the wish, or you can word it both vaguely and specifically enough that you can make it before the attack is even set to begin.” Harry’s face was a blank slate, this was one of those things he wouldn’t be able to give Severus much direction with, outside of what he already had. Ultimately it would be up to the Potions Master to make the final decision and phrase the wish correctly.

“I will have to think on this a little while longer. Perhaps when we know for sure when the Dark Lord is going to attack and how/where I can make the wish.” Severus gave his answer before nodding that he was turning in for the evening.

Harry watched him enter his room, before popping quietly out of the room to meet with Draco again. The young Slytherin was very close to completing the first part of his task, even closer than he originally thought.

/Perhaps/ thought Harry as he reappeared in the Room of Requirement, /I can get Draco to persuade his father to persuade the Dark Lord to attack over the Winter Holiday. That way there are fewer students in the school to worry about…/ Such a task would be some tricky maneuvering, but Harry was up for the challenge.

88888888888888

Severus got the summons from Voldemort the second week of November. Both he and Sa’d al-bari knew this call would be the date for the attack on Hogwarts. It was late, almost three in the morning when Severus came back to his rooms, staggering and shaking from the effects of the Dark Lord’s insanity. Without prompting Harry grabbed the necessary potions from the lab and helped Severus sit on the couch.

When the Potions Master felt like he could speak clearly, he relayed the information to the genie, “Voldemort will be attacking the school over the winter break. He wants the Slytherin students to stay here to help attack from the inside, while his other followers will be attacking from out. He is also aware of Draco’s progress with the second portion of his task and feels it should be completed right as the attack starts so Draco can get the lamp to Him as soon as the wards are down.”

“Voldemort must be aware of the Order members and other Ministry workers who fled are taking up residence in Hogsmeade and at the bottom of the castle inside the wards… That might actually work in our favor. We can say the Headmaster was getting suspicious of the number of students who were staying for the Holidays and used that as a warning of some kind of attack.” Harry was sitting cross-legged in the air next to the couch, as the duo worked out the plan. “It seems very odd though, for him to be attacking in winter.”

“He wants me to tell Dumbledore of the plan of attacking from outside the school,” Severus added. “He believes Dumbledore is ignorant of Draco’s mission and won’t see the secondary entrance from the cabinet. I think he is impatient and wants to get to your lamp as soon as possible. I believe he is truly too far gone into his insanity to see the flaws with this plan.”

“That probably means you won’t be able to go with him up to Dumbledore’s office to retrieve the lamp then.” Harry thought out loud.

“Ah yes,” said Severus with his usual bored tone, “The… lamp. I do believe I have a solution to that problem.”

Severus pulled out the real lamp from where he was hiding it in his robes, “Sa’d al-bari I have decided on my second wish. I wish for you to create a replica of this lamp, that will respond to the Dark Lord when it is in his possession, as if it was your own and will appear in Dumbledore’s office when Draco goes up there to search for it.”

Harry nodded, “As you wish master.” He made a show of creating some visible magic, as what he was doing really wouldn’t come into play until a few weeks later. He made the magic disperse close to the ceiling, like it was moving through the castle. In actuality it was, but the flashiness wore off outside the Potion Masters’ room. Harry didn’t feel the need to share that part though, “it is done master.”

Severus nodded, and moved to put the lamp in his bedroom where he was originally hiding it.

After dinner the next day Severus pulled Dumbledore aside, “a word Headmaster.” He barely brushed his mark, as a way of saying what it was about, before turning and waiting for the Headmaster to pass him. The pair made it up to the Headmaster’s office before Severus spoke, “The Dark Lord will be attacking Hogwarts over the winter break. He means to go through the forest and attack the rebels in the town and at the bottom of the castle as well.”

Dumbledore nodded, “I thought as much. We will just have to warn the Order Members to be prepared for such an event. It will be better that the students are not here over the break then, so they are not hurt in the crossfire.”

Severus nodded, not saying what was going to happen with the Slytherin students.

“Very well,” said Dumbledore, “there is much preparation to be done.” Severus took that as the obvious dismissal it was and left the office in his usual dramatic fashion.

He and Sa’d al-bari had their own preparations to make. The genie was also speaking with the mysterious “we” group he had mentioned before but was still hesitant to say who they were for whatever reason.

The part that Dumbledore didn’t say was the part about bringing in three Gryffindors to complete their own task the day Voldemort attacked the school.

8888888888888

Hermione, Ron, and Neville were eating breakfast the next day when an owl stopped at their table and extended its leg. Hermione was the first to see it and pulled off the note, unraveling it and getting the attention of Ron and Neville at the same time. “It’s a note from Dumbledore. He wants to see us this afternoon during our free block, but it doesn’t say why. Just Gum Drop.”

Before Ron could say anything Neville spoke up, “but…but why would he wa…want to see me with you guys? He’s never spoken to me bef…before…” he cut off suddenly, realizing why he was being pulled into the fold.

With Harry gone, he was going to have to fight.

“Blimey! I can’t believe this! First that whole thing over the summer….” Hermione elbowed Ron so he couldn’t finish his thought.

“It doesn’t matter what the reason. Just that he’s finally going to speak to us. This could be our chance to ask him about that… thing.” Hermione mimed rubbing something she was holding, but Ron and Neville just gave her a blank stare. Neville, at least, had the excuse of not being at Headquarters over the summer to find out about the genie.

Hermione rolled her eyes but didn’t elaborate. There were ears everywhere and she didn’t want to be overheard.

Later that day, after History of Magic, the trio made their way up to Dumbledore’s office. Ron gave the password and they slowly worked their way up the stairs to knock on his door.

“Come in! Come in! Would you like a lemon drop?” The students sat in the chairs in front of Dumbledore’s desk as he waved them into the seats. Fawkes chirped form his perch in greeting, but otherwise didn’t move.

“Headmaster,” started Hermione, “thank you for calling us up here. Ron and I wanted to talk to you about the… well, the thing, from Headquarters over the summer…”

“Ah, yes. That. We can speak about that later. For now, I have something else I need to discuss with you of greater importance.” The students sat up straighter at that, all thoughts of the genie gone for now.

“It seems we have come into possession of the final two Horcruxes that Voldemort has created. The Order knows there will be an attack on the school in the near future, which is why I have asked you here today. On the day of the attack, I am tasking the three of you with destroying the Horcruxes with the Sword of Gryffindor,” the Headmaster nodded back to the Sword behind his desk, “do you think you will be able to complete this task?”

The trio sat up straighter at the mission Dumbledore was asking them to complete. “Of course, we will help,” said Ron without even looking at Hermione and Neville, knowing they would agree.

“Where… where are the Hor… they hidden?” Stuttered Neville.

“In the same room at the Philosopher’s Stone was once hidden.” Said Dumbledore, a twinkle in his eyes.

“Sir...” started Hermione, “Won’t someone realize what we are doing if Voldemort attacks and we are running around with the Sword?”

“Indeed,” said Dumbledore, “but I feel the expandable bag you carry would work for concealing it until it’s time of need, don’t you think?”

Hermione nodded, and pulled open the bag as Dumbledore pulled down the Sword from its frame behind his desk. He then waved a replacement- fake sword- into its place with his wand. He wrapped it in a cloth and handed it to Hermione carefully.

“I don’t need to remind you of the importance of this task, and the gravity of the situation should you fail.” Dumbledore’s warning was grave compared to the twinkle he had in his eye’s minutes before. The trio shared a determined look before nodding to the Headmaster. “Of course sir, we understand completely,” said Ron as they all stood to leave. Thoughts of asking about the genie were pushed out as the importance of their task overshadowed it.

However, there was a reason Hermione was considered the brightest witch of her age. She realized the Headmaster was trying to keep them out of the fighting, which actually was part of the reason they were given the task. And if that was the case, perhaps there was something else he was leaving out as well… right?

8888888888888888888

With the state of the Ministry, many families were not surprised when Dumbledore chose to close the school at the winter holiday- forcing the entire student body to go home on the Hogwarts Express. The teachers, the Order, and many light families started gathering in the school to prepare defenses against the impending attack. Draco had already tested the vanishing cabinets and knew he would be able to use them to sneak into the castle to complete his task.

It was the second day of the break, a Saturday evening when the attack happened. An explosion rocked the wards, adding emphasis to the danger of the situation. Dumbledore gathered the light forces and began coordinating a counterattack, directing everyone out to the grounds to help brace the wards against the explosions.

At the same time, four students were running about in the castle, a trio heading to the third-floor corridor and another sneaking around on the seventh floor, heading down to the Headmaster’s office. Outside, the wards finally fell to the siege, and lights started flying across the grounds from both the dark and light forces. Voldemort was forcing the battle back to the castle, his dark allies like Giants and the werewolves patrolled the boundaries and attacking the village.

Unbeknownst to the other side, both Dumbledore and Voldemort were stalling- waiting for their student agents to carry out their tasks so they could turn the tide of the battle in their favor.

8888888888888888888888

“Come on Ron! We are almost there!” Hermione was practically flying through the rooms that housed the tasks from their first year. Neville and Ron barely keeping up with her.

“We’re… right behind… you…” Ron was panting as he and Neville kept pushing themselves to keep up with her.

The last door in their journey was locked, but a quick “Alohamora,” barely slowed Hermione down. Sitting in the chamber were the diadem, and the cup, glistening in the light of the torches.

Hermione stepped to the side of the door and began digging through her bag to find the sword. As she was pulling it out, both Neville and Ron came barreling into the room, out of breath and doubled over.

“Are… that’s… those are the Horcruxes then?” Said Neville as he regained his breath again.

Hermione nodded and turned towards Neville, “here, you should be the one to do this Neville, there’s a reason the Headmaster wanted you to join us.”

Neville took the sword, his hand shaking slightly before he calmed himself, “Thanks Hermione.”

Both Hermione and Ron pulled out their wands, “Okay, Neville, just like the Headmaster told us to…” Ron nodded towards the cursed objects and Neville raised the sword.

“Let’s do this.”

8888888888888888888888888

Draco silently made his way through the halls towards the Headmaster’s office. He knew he didn’t have long before the battle made it inside the castle and the Dark Lord would want his prize as soon as possible. He just hoped the password Severus had slipped him was still correct. After Draco had gone through the cabinet, other followers of the Dark Lords were going to follow and attack from behind. The young Slytherin didn’t stick around to see them follow him through the cabinet, he went straight for the second floor.

“Acid Pops,” Draco whispered to the gargoyle. Nothing happened for a moment, then the gargoyle started shifting and moving up. Draco sighed heavily and started up the stairs.

“Don’t mess up. You can do this.” Draco would find the lamp.

888888888888888888888888888888

Deep in the forbidden forest at their camp, Dandji and Cassim were ready to start their portion of the plan. Iago flashed into the camp and cooed at the pair.

“Right,” said Cassim, cutting his palm with the same knife Voldemort used for his ritual two years prior, “let’s do this.”

Dandji began chanting in their native language, lighting the candles in the summoning circle with her blood. Iago’s trills mingled with her voice, adding another layer to the spell and making sure the magic did as it was directed.

Cassim’s voice joined the pair, helping direct the magic further, as it swirled into lights and began forming into a being.

A delighted purr began to take shape in the circle as the shadows formed into a dark shape.

888888888888888888888888888888

The battle was not going in the Light’s favor. Dumbledore could tell from the way they were being corralled into the castle- specifically towards the Great Hall. Voldemort’s forces were coming at them from the grounds, but also from the higher levels of the castle- but the Headmaster didn’t know how or from where.

Perhaps he should’ve taken Severus’ concerns more to heart.

Suddenly Voldemort let out a laugh that felt like it rocked the foundation of Hogwarts (or that was the giants, no one was sure).

“Yes! You’ve found it!” Voldemort’s voice rang out in triumph as his forces surrounded what was left of the Light- almost a hundred wizards: members of the Order of the Phoenix, Aurors, teachers, older students who had come back to fight, and light sympathizers were corralled like cattle into the Great Hall. Dumbledore looked at his nemesis, to see Draco kneeling at his feet presenting a very familiar lamp.

“No…” Dumbledore whispered. The headmaster looked towards Voldemort with growing trepidation. The impact of ignoring Severus’ concerns for so long suddenly dawning on him.

“No!!! Harry!!” Sirius’ cry rang out through the room. Bellatrix and her husband, who were keeping him immobile, doubled their efforts as he fought against their magical hold. Voldemort had specifically told his forces to keep this one alive. Bellatrix might’ve hated her cousin, but she knew better than to go against the Dark Lord’s wishes- ESPECIALLY in this matter.

Voldemort took the lamp gently, his eyes roaming the room before turning back to the golden lamp in his hand, which did not sparkle gently in the light of the torches surrounding the room. “Very well done indeed Draco. You have solidified your place amongst my followers well.”

Draco nodded, before turning and standing near Severus and his father. Severus gently placed a hand on Draco’s shoulder, squeezing gently, unnoticed by the others in the room.

Voldemort grinned evilly before rubbing the lamp in his hand. Nothing seemed to happen at first, then a small spout of smoke came out of the lamp and formed into a small boy, who stumped into a standing position.

A boy that was oddly familiar to the light forces in the room.

He was wearing the Tri-Wizard tournament outfit, with messy black hair and vivid green eyes. Upon his wrists were two golden bands, similar to the kind Dumbledore had seen on Severus’ genie.

“Harry?!?” and “What is the meaning of this!?” Came the whispers from many members of the Order of the Phoenix.

The boy spun around upon hearing his name, terror was evident in his expression and voice as he surveyed the room, “What… where…? Sirius- what’s happened?”

Voldemort laughed again, bringing ‘Harry’s’ attention back to him, the young savior took a step back, nearly colliding with the dark forces surrounding the perimeter of the room, “Voldemort- what?”

“Yessssssss. It worked. Now boy- come and kneel before me, your massssssster commandssssss it.” Voldemort’s eyes were gleaming with the possibilities in front of him. Harry let out a yelp as the arm bands surrounding his wrists up to his elbows glowed gold and he was forcibly dragged across the room to Voldemort’s feet in a bow on the floor, the fear was growing in his voice and facial expression, “What’s going on?!?”

“No!! Harry!!!” Sirius was struggling tenfold to get to his godson.

“Petrificus Totalus,” said Rodolphus Lestrange. Sirius froze and dropped to the floor without another sound. The Death Eater wanted to cast the killing curse but knew it would be his own life if he did.

“You belong to me now, Potter. Doing whatever I want you to do. Let’s start with your friends and family hmmm…?” Nagini was slithering around Voldemort’s feet, tongue out hissing when it reached where Harry was still on the floor. The pair made eye contact, unknown to the others in the room for a moment before the snake moved on, wrapping around Voldemort protectively. “Perhaps that godfather of yours and your werewolf friend, hmm? I wish for you to kill the light forces in the room.”

Nothing happened, other than Harry’s startled “No!!” and his efforts to get off the floor, which were in vain, as the gold bands continued glowing gold and keeping him in his position on the floor.

Voldemort growled, his patience wearing thin, “I said, I wish for you to kill the light forces in this room.”

“He can’t,” said Remus, “Genies aren’t allowed to kill people, it’s one of the rules that govern them. I’ve heard about genies in my travels, there are very few things they can’t do, but that is one of them.”

“What- I’m a what?!?!” Said Harry slightly hysterically, “no! no no no no no.”

“Well, if I can’t have you kill them… perhaps an eternity of unimaginable torture and torment? I wish for you to put the Light Forces into a state of eternal torture and torment.”

The bands glowed a brighter gold, as blue magic started weaving around the room directly from where Harry was on the floor. He was pulled to a standing position, arms moving as if in a dance. Screams started filling the room, and the Order of the Phoenix members began withering on the floor in agony.

Draco looked as white as a sheet but stayed next to his father and Severus, his mother’s arm coming around him protectively for a moment. The Death Eaters wore varying facial expressions, realizing the possibilities of this situation. Harry looked positively horrified, while Voldemort couldn’t look happier. Evil laughter drowned out the screams momentarily. “Ssssoooo many possibilitiesssss, I can hardly wait…”

“You’re a monster!” Harry whispered as he tried to lunge at Voldemort. The gold bands circling his arms glowed again, stopping Harry before he got more than a few inches.

“For my second wish, I wish to be recognized as the supreme ruler of the entire Wizarding world.” Voldemort’s voice rang out through the hall.

Harry’s bands glowed bright gold again, as more blue magic started swirling around him. The Daily Prophet popped into existence in front of Voldemort. The headline read “Dark Lord Voldemort New Ruler of the Wizarding World” by Rita Skeeter.

Before Voldemort could say anything else or make a third wish there was a shimmer in front of Nagini. A sword appeared out of nowhere, attached to an arm wearing Gryffindor colors. There was a slash and air dispelled around the snake as her head was detached from her body.

The room as a whole was frozen, except for Nagini who let out a beheaded scream and disappeared in a puff of green smoke.

Neville, who was emerging from the invisibility cloak, twisted towards Voldemort, raising the sword again and slashing it down on the hand holding the lamp. There was a clatter as both Voldemort’s hand and the lamp fell to the floor.

“No,” Harry’s whisper was clearly heard in the silence of the Great Hall. The screams of the light forces were gone, they were all standing confused and none the worse for wear considering they were being tortured only moments before.

“You fool,” the voice wasn’t Voldemort, it was another voice that the wizards hadn’t heard before. A dark blue shadow rose from seemingly nowhere and was converging on Neville who was backing away with the sword raised in defense. The young Gryffindor was magically tossed back against a wall, the sword clattering to the floor.

“Genie, no!” Harry’s voice was different than before, but he quickly jumped in front of the large blue creature advancing on Neville again. “You need to help Eden. Please! Genie!!”

Genie blinked at Harry then nodded and in a poof of blue smoke, he was gone from the room.

Harry sighed, then turned towards Neville.

“Oh Neville, Neville, Neville.” Sa’d al-bari shook his head as he kept advancing on the terrified sixth year his demeanor and voice so much different than just a minute prior but the body still exactly the same, “you made a horrible mistake just now. Let’s hope that it’s something fixable, or you will *wish* for something you will never have again.”

“What is this?!?” Voldemort didn’t seem to notice his arm was bleeding, but he was unconsciously using his wand with his other hand to stem the blood flow.

“Potter, I command you to tell me what’s going on. NOW.” Voldemort’s voice rang out through the room, the command ringing in everyone’s ears. Many of the Death Eaters were hiding flinches but readying their wands for another show down against the Light forces.

“I should’ve seen this coming. I can NOT believe this wasn’t accounted for,” Harry shook his head in disbelief, then turned away from Neville with one final glare and looked back at Voldemort, unconcerned with the situation.

“If you really must know,” Harry was addressing Voldemort and the Death Eaters now, “this was all just a distraction until She was ready to come collect her final gift.”

The shadows behind Voldemort were converging into one shape as Harry spoke, a deep purring started entrancing the room from everywhere. The Death Eaters startled and turned their wands on the shadows.

Severus realized what was happening and pulled Draco behind him, “Stay near me at all times, no matter what,” the potions master whispered to his student.

Harry smiled darkly at the shadows, “Ah, Mirage… right on time. Your gift is ready and waiting for you to collect it.”

“Yes, I see,” the Shadows purred moving gently towards Voldemort, “It is as puuuurfect as the other pieces you’ve gotten for me. I can’t wait to make it whole again and put it to work.” The shadow completed its transformation, turning into a large cat figure who looked like an Egyptian God. She waved her hand and all the wizards in the room froze, Light and Dark alike.

“It’s connected to these other souls, with a similar marking on their wrist. Although not all of them are True Believers in His cause. I ask that you spare the ones who aren’t.” Harry nodded towards Severus and Draco.

Mirage drew a deep breath, “I smell the evil on the True Believers. They will make a delicious snack to go with the gift, when their time comes.”

She moved in front of Voldemort, who was still frozen, putting her hand up near his heart. Her arm band glowed green, the light encompassing the Dark Lord completely. The green essence seemed to flow through him and out the stump of his arm, which was now oozing green encased blood.

Voldemort’s body started disintegrating in front of everyone’s eyes as more of his essence leaked out. Mirage purred again, and the glow moved into a small gem embedded in the arm band.

Within minutes Voldemort was gone, a pile of ash where his body had been standing moments before the only indication of his return and now sudden demise.

Mirage’s purring intensified for a moment when the green magic died down to nothing along with the gem’s glow. She took a grand look around the room, making eye contact with many of the Death Eaters, but also the Headmaster, who didn’t realize the impact of that gaze. He wouldn’t really understand the importance of that gesture until a few years passed and he was “on his next great adventure,” as he liked to call it. Harry saw the look though, and completely understood the implication of that gaze.

He hid his dark smile behind the mask of his fourteen-year-old self’s ‘innocent’ face.

As the strange being melted back into the shadows, the Light Forces were freed from their frozen state and began casting freezing and binding spells on the Death Eaters, who were conveniently still unable to move. Ron and Hermione ran into the Great Hall, finally able to get the door open enough for entry into the room.

Kingsley took control of the Aurors, who were beginning to round up the Death Eaters, while McGonagall, with Molly Weasley’s help, began triaging the Light wizards to start sending to Poppy, or St Mungo’s for healing. Unbeknownst to anyone in the room Dumbledore summoned the lamp and put it into his robe pocket.

“Bloody hell! Harry?!?” Ron, Hermione, and Neville, who was shaking off being thrown into a wall, all ran over to the supposedly dead wizard.

Hermione grabbed him in a hug before anyone could stop her, “I knew you weren’t dead! Oh my god, Harry, I can’t believe you’re really here! What happened to you? Are you alright?!?”

Sa’d al-bari, who was still disguised as his younger self and was debating the merits of just poofing away from them completely, was having a difficult time getting his old friend off of him.

Sirius was the one to come to his rescue, “Hermione, leave him alone. Now’s not the time for any explanations.”

The bushy haired Gryffindor reluctantly let him go, to which Harry was extremely grateful for as he backed away from the trio some, “Thanks Sirius.”

Sa’d al-bari and his godfather shared a knowing look, “Thanks for your help back there. You and Remus really helped sell the whole thing.”

“You know me. I can never NOT be in on a great prank.” The older Gryffindor winked and grinned, before shuffling the young trio away from the genie.

Harry’s attention was drawn to Severus and the Malfoys, who were being corralled by Kingsley towards the other captured Death Eaters. The genie moved in front of the Auror and dark wizard group, “they are not Death Eaters Shacklebolt. You can’t take them.”

“These two might be off the hook,” Kingsley nodded towards Severus and Draco, “but the boy’s parents definitely are going to be charged.”

“Actually, only Mr. Malfoy is a marked Death Eater. I think Narcissa was here to try to protect her son.” Harry nodded for Mrs. Malfoy to show her unmarked arm, which she did.

Kingsley huffed in irritation before motioning the three of them away. “Fine. But Mr. Malfoy will be coming with us.”

Severus put a warning hand on Draco’s shoulder, shushing him from speaking. Harry nodded in understanding. Anything he was going to say was overridden by Ron’s loud voice booming from across the room, “Why is Harry over with those Death Eater sympathizers anyway?!? He should be here with us.”

“Cissy, you should take Draco home. I will be in touch soon,” Severus’ quiet voice stopped Harry from doing or saying something he would probably regret later. The Malfoy duo nodded before quietly making their way out of the hall and towards the grounds. The Hogwarts wards were currently down, thanks to the Dark Lord’s bombardment, but they didn’t want to take any chances.

In fact, many of the Light and Dark forces were gone from the room at this point. Either efficiently port keyed away to cells awaiting trail once the Ministry was up and running or sent off to St. Mungo’s or Poppy’s domains for healing. The dark creatures outside had fled the moment they felt Mirage’s presence on the grounds. They were not willing to be caught in her web of illusions and lies.

The Weasleys, Sirius, Remus, and a few others were left waiting for Harry and Severus to rejoin the group. Molly was fussing over her children that were a part of the Battle. Her voice getting louder the closer Severus and Sa’d al-bari got to them.

“Ah, Harry, my boy! I understand now why we weren’t able to locate you that night in my office.” Dumbledore pulled out the lamp from his robes, the twinkle in his eye was on overdrive, “Yes, it all makes sense. Well then. Since I have the lamp, perhaps I should make some wishes then. Starting with putting the Dark forces away for a very long time.”

The room was thrown into silence at Dumbledore’s statement, and his possession of the lamp. Even Molly- who stopped mid- tirade, was staring at him with utter confusion.

Harry just smirked before slowly melting to his normal, silver, OLDER, form, “aww… Look master! It’s so quaint that the Headmaster thinks he has MY lamp.”

“Blimey, it’s YOU!” Shouted Ron, understanding dawning on many of the Weasley clan’s faces. At least the ones who were aware of Sa’d al-bari’s existence. Bill and Charlie had no idea the significance of the being in front of them but knew someone would fill them in later.

“Indeed,” added Severus, with a look of distain when he too realized the Headmaster’s intensions, “perhaps your performance was a little too good.”

Harry jumped into the air, with applause, whistling, and cheers magically ringing out around him. A pair of fake hands handed him a Giant Award, as an announcer said, “and the Grammy for best acting goes toooooooo….. Sa’d al-bari, Genieeeeeee ooooooof the laaaaaaaaaaaaaamp!”

The genie took the award, bowing in mid-air to everyone in the room with fake tears in his eyes, “Thank you, thank you! I’d like to thank the academy, my parents, and everyone who believed in me and helped make this a reality.”

“Actually,” said Remus with an amused snort, “I think it’s an Emmy you want, not a Grammy.”

Severus pinched the bridge of his nose at the genie’s antics, although he was secretly amused as well. Harry just shrugged and poofed everything out of existence, including the fake lamp Dumbledore was holding.

“Eh, tomato, tomAto. I don’t get out enough to distinguish the difference.” He shrugged, shooting a glare at the Headmaster.

Genie suddenly poofed into the room, starting the Light Forces in the process.

“KID!” He grabbed for Sa’d al-bari, panic apparent in his voice, “quick. You need to come with me. Now. It’s Dandji.

Harry gasped, and in the blink of an eye the two forms were gone from the Great Hall. The wizards were left gaping after them in apparent confusion.

88888888888888888888888888

“Dandji!” Harry poofed into the camp and made a bee line straight for his wife, who was lying on a bed, seemingly asleep. Eden, Cassim, and Iago were all next to her, the two human beings holding her hands. When Harry showed up with Genie, they moved away to give him room to sit with her.

Harry quickly took her hand, “What happened?” The young genie had an idea as to the cause of Dandji’s state, but he didn’t want to jump to conclusions.

“She collapsed a little while ago and hasn’t woken up yet.” Cassim was with her at the time, so he told Harry what he knew of the situation.

Genie wrapped an arm around Eden, feeding her a little more healing magic as well. Eden added, “When the kid with the sword decapitated me it was like I was dying. I barely made it back to my lamp to heal, and if it hadn’t been for Genie, I wouldn’t be here right now, I’d still be in a terrible state.”

“The sword was Goblin forged,” said Harry, answering Cassim’s unspoken question, “and it was soaked with Basilisk venom.”

Cassim made a face, “ugh. No wonder Eden had such a terrible reaction.”

Dandji groaned from the bed, halting all further conversation, “oowww.”

“Hey,” Harry gently put an arm under Dandji’s head, lifting her up slightly, but also pouring a little magic into her to help her regain her strength, “how are you feeling?”

“Like a freight train slammed into me.” Dandji leaned into Harry’s hold, trying to reach up her free hand to touch his face, and sooth his fears which were still evident even with her now awake.

Eden grabbed her hand before it could get very far, “Hey, remember Atlantis? I need to do that thing again really quick to check and make sure our connection is still in place.”

Harry could feel the magical pull of Severus calling for him, but he fought it as much as he could. He needed to know that Dandji was going to be safe. He did remove his hold on her, in case he got summed via the lamp, so she wouldn’t be hurt further.

Genie recognized the signs from Harry, “Hey Kid. I know you don’t want to, but you should go now. I will come get you again with news if I need to.”

Harry was torn, and clearly reluctant to let Dandji go, “It’s ok Dearest, you go. I will be fine with Eden and Genie.” Dandji squeezed his hand that was holding her and slowly pulled away so he would be free to poof out of their camp.

“I love you,” Harry kissed her hand, then lips briefly before backing away to poof back to the castle.

His return to the Great Hall included some angry attitude, and arms crossed in a very clear, I do NOT want to be here sort of way. He noted that the group from before- the Weasley clan, the young Gryffindors, Dumbledore, Sirius, Remus, and Severus, were still there, but they were joined by Tonks and Rufus Scrimgeour, who was an Auror and next in line for Minister of Magic now that the Light had regained control of the Ministry. Fudge had been killed when Voldemort attacked the Ministry back in October, though no one was going to miss him to terribly. There would be an official emergency vote within the week, right before the winter holiday.

Severus was holding the lamp as he had needed to go back to his room to get it- probably from the urging of the Headmaster. He made sure to apply some sticking charms, remembering the antics of the Weasley twins at the Order’s Headquarters over the summer.

“It’s a real genie…” whispered Tonks, who had been in the Great Hall earlier, but under the “spell” most of the time and unaware of the happenings around her.

“Really Tonks,” said Sirius sarcastically, “that’s what Severus has been saying for literally the *last half hour.*” When Harry had lifted the Remembrall’s memory magic link a few days before break; he, Severus, and Sirius had a long talk that ended in a semi truce between the pair of wizards. Said talk included some scolding from Harry, some apologies from both wizards and the beginnings of an understanding. They would never be friends, but the pair could be allies in the fighting to come, and cordial (or dead) when the war was over. That was also the point that Sirius learned of his role during the battle and what he needed to say/do.

Harry turned to Severus raising an eyebrow in question. His Master knew of his family, and their part in the battle. He also probably concluded that something horrible happened to draw Harry away afterwards. So, there was really only one reason he was here. The Headmaster was requiring Harry explain their plan because he didn’t believe Severus. The pair shared a look, an entire conversation happening in about five seconds, before Harry turned his glare on the Gryffindors and Auros around him.

He tried very hard to keep a growl out of his voice, “What.”

“Sa’d al-bari, my bo-,” Dumbledore choked for a moment mid word when Harry’s glare intensified, “oh, excuse me. Yes. Sa’d al-bari. Can you please explain what happened here this evening? I’m afraid our Auror friends need to hear this directly from the source.”

Harry gave Dumbledore an ‘I know you’re lying,’ look before rolling his eyes and turning towards Tonks and Scrimgeour, “Basically we tricked Voldie into thinking he had created a Genie out of the deceased Harry Potter. We also collected his soul pieces, which he had stashed in objects as Horcruxes, and sent them along to an old friend Mirage, who was interested in making Voldie HER personal servant in her shadow realm. He is completely dead. And so is the wizard Harry Potter. Is that all?”

The Auror’s shared a look of confusion, which had Harry sighing and facepalming. “He’s dead. He’s not coming back. You don’t need to fear his name anymore. Now. Is. That. All?”

“Thank you Sa’d al-bari. That is all for now.” Severus stated, nodding at the genie. Dumbledore started to say something, but Harry didn’t hold back a growl this time, before poofing back to camp to be with his wife and family.

When he arrived at the camp, Eden’s face was grim. Genie was just about to go get him with the news that Dandji had fallen asleep but was unresponsive. She had slipped into a coma.

Healing or otherwise, Eden couldn’t tell.

8888888888888888888888888

It was Christmas day when Severus finally recalled Harry back to his chambers. Sirius and Remus were also there, sitting quietly but uncomfortably on the couch.

Harry gave a still unconscious Dandji one last kiss before poofing to Severus’ rooms. He knew there was a chance he might not see her again but had left a letter just in case she did wake up and he wasn’t there.

“I explained what happens on the third wish,” Severus said as way of greeting when the smoke cleared from around Harry. The potions master nodded towards Sirius and Remus, “he wanted to be here to see you again.”

“Hey Prongslet,” Sirius pulled Harry into a hug, but the genie didn’t have the energy for his usual antics, just letting his godfather hug him as long as he needed. “I was all ready to come in here and steal the lamp. I had this whole great scheme in place and everything, but Remus here talked me out of it. Said it wouldn’t be what you wanted, nor would it be fair to Severus over there.”

When Sirius was done hugging him, Harry pulled away with a small nod. “Genie knows how to reverse Voldie’s hold over my lamp. We will just have to get it away from my next master before they make their wishes in order to free me.” Harry looked at Severus, “It wouldn’t be fair to ask you to forfeit your last wish. Especially with how you had to use the first two for this fight against Voldemort. This last one can be something for you, or as Master Slytherin wanted, you can use it to help the house.”

The genie shrugged then went quiet again, waiting for Severus’ wish.

The Potions Master looked thoughtful for a moment, “Before I make this wish, I would like to know why you despise the Headmaster so much. It seems to go deeper than his bias against Slytherin House.”

Harry scowled and nodded, “Albus Dumbledore is worse than the Dark Lord. He parades around as a Light Wizard champion, when in reality he’s a Dark Lord disguised in the Light. When he finished Hogwarts, he met Gellert Grindelwald, who he shared ideals of Wizard Supremacy, plans, and even a few battle strategies to take over the Wizarding World, similar to Voldemort a half a century later. All for the “Greater Good,” of course.”

Harry couldn’t contain his snort and eye roll before continuing, “When his brother Aberforth confronted the pair about their ideals and plans, a fight broke out and his sister was killed. Dumbledore used that as a platform to begin his plan for Wizarding World domination, in the guise of a reformed Dark Wizard, now champion for the Light. He knew a Dark Lord would never be able to take over completely, especially when the price for their rule would be in the wake of death and destruction.

“When he began teaching at Hogwarts, he slowly started upping the biases against Slytherin House. It was very subtle at first- no one really realized what was happening because the tension between the houses has always been there. But then he started feeding it, changing the way other teachers looked at the Dark students. Making noise about the “Dark” curriculums and resources in the library. Things that started taking root the longer he was there. Years later he saw the potential for evil in the young Tom Riddle, and instead of guiding him towards being a true Dark Wizard, started him on a path that lead to the rise of the next Dark Lord.

“Then he became Headmaster and his subtle biases became a blatant disregard for the safety, and well-being of an entire House. The banned lists of objects, books, ceremonies, and rituals grew, the curriculums for Dark Wizards were removed, and the restricted section was born. All in the name of the “Greater Good.”

The trio of wizards were stunned into total silence, each reminiscing of their own Hogwarts experiences, and looking at their memories through a new lens. They could see how Harry had such a strong hate for the Headmaster, and now that they knew the signs, realized just how much of a hold the old man had on the Wizarding World as a whole.

“I had no idea…” said Sirius.

“All of his titles, and seats on the Wizengamot… As an international leader… Oh my gods.” Said Remus, speaking up for the first time while Harry was there.

Severus was quiet for a long moment, really taking the time to review his memories and interactions with the Headmaster. Suddenly lots of things were starting to make sense. From the first day he had stepped into Hogwarts the Headmaster had a target on his back. When his abilities and strengths became known- in potions and spell creation things became even harder, the Gryffindors pushing his buttons more and more. Forcing him closer and closer to those who would understand his pain.

Those who already followed the Dark Lord.

“Sa’d al-bari,” said Severus, finally ready to make his wish, “I know you said you can’t kill anyone,” Harry nodded to show his agreement, “but can you erase their achievements and hard work in the eyes of others? Can you erase their print on history without changing it, just making people forget that person was the responsible party?”

Severus knew he should do something to help his House, but maybe this could help them as well in future.

Harry thought for a moment before a truly evil grin overtook his features, “that… would be a wonderful wish. Like I’ve said before, as long as my master worded his wish correctly… then anything within the rules is possible.”

“Very well,” Severus held up the lamp, “I wish for you to erase any knowledge of Albus Dumbledore’s role in any of his contributions to Wizarding and Muggle Society.”

“As you wish Master,” Smoke started forming in the room, as Harry began weaving magic to grant the wish. He began rewriting history books, fogging memories, and making subtle changes to the world as a whole. The achievements the Headmaster had contributed to scholarly society were still there- but no one would remember who specifically made that contributions. His titles, leadership roles, and affiliations within political and judicial organizations within the Wizarding World were removed and given to the person next in line for them. The Hogwarts School Board would even be voting in the new year to have Minerva take over as Headmaster, having Albus step down completely from the role.

When the smoke cleared, only Severus could remember what he had wished for. Harry made sure he would be able to enjoy his revenge on the Headmaster for all his meddling over the years. Albus would also remember what he had accomplished, but when he tried to get recognition for his feats, he would be sent to St Mungos’ insanity ward.

With the last wish being granted, Harry braced himself to be pulled into the lamp and swept up into the school.

However, that didn’t happen.

The lamp did disappear, but it reappeared a second later in Sirius’ startled hands. The Marauder yelped in surprise but clutched the lamp close to his chest in case it disappeared again, or someone tried to grab for it.

Harry couldn’t stop his jaw from literally hitting the floor in confusion. The trio of wizards were also stumped, but not as animated in their befuddlement.

“Of course!” Remus facepalmed, “Siri, your first wish. It wasn’t an *actual wish*!

Harry copied his facepalm a moment later when he realized what Remus was saying, “oh my gods. Moony you’re right!! I’m *such* an *idiot*!!”

Sirius seemed to be slowly catching on, “wait, does this mean you won’t go back into the school until the next Head of House takes over?!”

Remus spoke up before Harry could, “not unless you open your big mouth and make that final wish.”

“No,” said Sirius, finally understanding the importance of his role in all this, “no, I won’t say anything that can be construed by the magic THAT way. Remus, perhaps you should do a silencing spell, just in case.”

Remus actually considered it for a moment, before smacking Sirius upside the head, “relax and try to keep your mouth closed for once. It’s for Harry. I’m sure you can handle it.”

“Well then,” said Severus, with a slight smirk that Harry believed was evidence Severus knew what would happen upon completing his last wish, “If Black can keep quiet, I suggest you all remove yourselves from my rooms and complete the freeing of Sa’d al-bari as soon as possible.”

Before poofing the three of them away, Harry turned and gave Severus a quick hug, whispering, “if this works, I will be around to help continue the work Master Salazar wanted me to do.”

He pulled away before Severus could respond, and poofed Sirius and Remus with him back to his camp where everyone was still sitting and trying to help Dandji.

“Genie!!!” Said blue genie had little warning before he turned and was tackled by Harry, the pair toppling over and rolling across the camp, “Sirius-didn’t-make-his-three-wishes!!-You-can-perform-the-spell-now,-and-I-can-be-free-just-like-you!!-Hurry-we-need-to-do-this-quickly-before-he-accidently-says-something-and-we-lose-this-opportunity!!!”

Harry was talking in rapid fire, with a level of animation Genie and Cassim hadn’t seen in him since he was a genie of a few years. Genie quickly deciphered what Harry was saying, before grapping him under the arms, “That’s great Kiddo!! Let’s do this now. Cassim, can you stay with Dandji while we do this? Iago!”

The familiar Phoenix blazed into the camp, startling Remus and Sirius, who were reorienting themselves from the odd form of travel, trying to figure out if one of the carpets was moving on its own, and just watching Harry interact with Genie with knowing looks. Iago trilled in greeting.

“Bird-man, can you stay with these guys? Eden and I are going to do the thing.” Genie first gestured towards Cassim, Dandji and Carpet, then towards the lamp and Harry. He had figured out what Carpet was up to, and was silently approving, and egging him on.

Iago nodded, and the trio of genies left the room of their camp and descended into the underground room they had created for this specific purpose. The two wizards trailed behind them in awe of everything they were seeing and feeling.

The magic was a little overwhelming at first.

“Right,” said Genie, more for the mortals than his family, “I’m going to turn into Voldemort, completely in looks and magical signature. Then I will perform another ritual breaking his link to Sa’d al-bari’s ability to be wished free.

He pulled out a large bag with the sand and tools Voldemort used in his original ritual, then prepared to transform completely into the Dark Lord’s form.

“Wait, Genie-,“ said Eden, “With what happened at the school, you weren’t there for his demise. What if that has an adverse effect on your likeness and understanding of his magical signature?”

“It’s okay Eden,” said Harry suddenly, voice pensive and soft, “I am willing to take the risk. This wasn’t a possibility before, because it would’ve definitely killed me- and I wasn’t ready for that. But now I am ready for that chance. We are only going to have one shot at this. It’s either going to free me, or kill me, and I’d be happy with either option.”

Sirius and Remus looked like they were going to protest, but Genie and Eden understood his reasoning. It’s very difficult to kill a genie unless you destroy their lamp. For freed genies, who are no longer forcibly linked to their lamps, it becomes infinitely more difficult to kill them. That information added to their knowledge of Harry’s years as a *mortal,* the idea of chancing eternity could be considered overwhelming.

“Plus,” said Harry, “If Dandji doesn’t recover…” He trailed off, but the pair of genies instantly understood, as light bulbs literally went off over their heads.

“Best get some hugs in now then.” Eden grabbed Harry and squeezed, “just in case.”

When she let him go, Harry turned to his mortal godfathers, who also grabbed him in huge hugs. “We don’t quite understand what’s happening here, Prongslet-” said Sirius, “so I hope one of you can explain it when this is finished. I’d prefer it to be you though. Just sayin.”

“We have faith in you and your friends Cub, you will make it through this.” Remus added with his own hug.

When Harry pulled away, he turned to Genie- the pair of them teary eyed and sniffling- “Genie…” Harry couldn’t finish his sentence.

Genie was practically wrapped around his young friend/son, putting his head on Harry’s like when he was first learning the ins and outs of being a genie, “I know Kiddo. I know.”

Their hug lasted the longest, and the pair were reluctant to part. With one final squeeze, Genie pulled away first and turned away from everyone to refocus on the task at hand, wiping tears out of his eyes in the process.

As Genie turned back to the group, he melted into Lord Voldemort- in body, and magical signature. He gestured for Harry to stand in front of him, with his lamp, before opening the bag and pulling out the objects from the original ritual two years prior. Harry grabbed the lamp from Sirius and moved to his spot without a word.

He began laying the sand, and candles at the exact increments Lucius Malfoy had in the graveyard. When that was done, he pulled out a small vial of Voldemort’s blood. Severus had collected it to “create some potions” tied directly into Voldemort’s magic and new body.

Genie as Voldemort paused and took a deep breath. Then without looking at Harry in the circle, started chanting and placed one drop of blood on each candle. The words were in their original language, so Sirius and Remus couldn’t understand, but the intent behind it was quite clear. The two wizards thankfully stayed quiet.

“Instrument of the Ultimate power, I call you

Flowing through this genie host with the

Soul of my Soul

Born from my desire through

Blood of my Blood

Created in sacrifice and now

I wish to be freed

Instrument of the Ultimate power, I call you

Flowing through this genie host…”

Seven times Genie repeated these words, seemingly never interrupting the flow of words in the chant. When the last candle was lit, he repeated the last sentence louder and with more magical emphasis

NOW I WISH TO BE FREED.

Harry felt the magic swirling around him like the first time, only he knew what was happening now. The lamp in the circle with him glowed a bright gold color, that was mirrored on the gold arm bands. As Genie repeated the last phrase the magic became more violent and a wind picked up around the circle.

The light from the bands blinded everyone in the room for a moment and the magic was creating a mini but intense whirlwind of fire and sand, completely encompassing the circle from view.

Sirius’ panicked, “HARRY!! No!!” Was drowned out by a sudden Earth-shattering SNAP that sounded throughout the room before everything froze. The wind and magic started to die down, revealing Harry to the group.

His lamp and the arm bands had both stopped glowing and were all now on the floor of the ritual circle- the bands no longer encircling Harry’s arms.

Said genie was stumbling to the floor completely dazed and holding his head.

“oww.” Was the only noise in the room as everyone tried to understand what was happening. Harry still looked the same as before- silver with a deep mid-night black cloak. The only change was the lack of arm bands and he had again reverted to his fourteen-year-old body.

“Eden,” said Genie- terrified to change back or move into the circle at this point. Sirius and Remus were petrified on their spots as well for the same reasons.

"I’ve got him,” said Eden, even as she was floating up over the circle and checking on Harry, “Hey Kiddo- how are you feeling?”

Eden weaved some magic around him as they talked, to see what it told her. But she was also careful to not touch him yet, in case something wasn’t right. When her scans came back fine, she moved on to the lamp and arm bands, performing more magic on those items as well. When she turned the gold lamp over the lightning bolt, which was originally etched into the metal was gone.

“I feel… different.” said Harry, not sure how to describe what was happening to his body at the moment.

“Different in a good or bad way? And different other than your being short again?” Eden asked, cracking a small joke when she realized the lamp felt the same as Genie’s- there, but no longer linked to the genie. She finished her scan, before nodding at Genie, who sighed in relief before waving away the ritual circle and items, then transforming back to his normal self and tackling Harry in another hug.

“Ooof! I don’t… know?” said Harry from within Genie’s body crushing embrace.

Eden grabbed the lamp and pushed it into Sirius’ limp hands. He fumbled with it a moment, before getting a real hold on it. “Quick- try to make your third wish.”

Sirius paled dramatically- “but what if-“

Eden cut him off, “you need to. I think it worked, but we have to test it!”

“Err… I wish to be the richest man in the world?” Said Sirius in confusion- not really sure what to wish for at this point.

The group all paused- Genie letting go of Harry for just a moment to see if anything happened.

Five seconds- nothing.

Ten seconds- nothing.

“I… I think it worked!” Genie exclaimed, before grabbing Harry and tossing him in the air like a toddler, “YES!!!”

“Genie!! Ugh. My head.” Said Harry laughingly as he was caught in another tight embrace by Genie, “let me down!!”

The blue genie did release him, only to mess up his hair like when they first met, “GENIE!!” Harry was laughing even more now. Between the familiar gesture and realizing he wasn’t a prisoner of the lamp and Salazar’s wishes anymore…

The freedom was almost overwhelming in its intensity.

Almost.

As Genie released him for real this time, Harry was tackled by Remus and Sirius, who had dropped the lamp upon realizing his Godson was free from it forever.

Anything further they were going to say was halted as Iago blazed into the room, trilling at everyone happily the moment he was able.

“She is?!?” Said Eden, “let’s go!!”

Harry poofed out of the room before anyone even realized he was gone, while Eden was right behind him. Genie took a moment to grab the lamp, supplies, and the two wizards with a quick, “Dandji is awake,” before poofing them up to the main camp.

The two wizards materialized in the room to see Eden and Harry crowding around the now awake young lady- Dandji as Genie said her name was. The pair held back a moment, as Genie talked to the other man in the camp.

“It worked,” said Genie quietly, watching the trio at the bed, and noticing that Dandji was much more energetic now then she was the first time she awoke after the snake incident, “which means you are able to move on now, as per your wish.”

Cassim nodded, “I know. Iago wants to stay here. He’s not ready to leave his girlfriend for the afterlife. I’m just glad we were able to help him.” Cassim gestured to Harry. “This has been the greatest adventure in many lifetimes. I can’t wait to tell Aladdin and the others about it.”

“I’m sure they will be excited to hear how everything turned out,” said Genie, “Can you give Al a message? Tell him… tell him we kept our word and have been visiting their family. And tell him we all miss them all.”

The trio at the bed seemed to realize there was a somber air around Genie and Cassim. They quieted down and turned towards the pair.

“It’s time,” said Cassim moving closer to the three of them so Dandji wouldn’t have to move very far yet.

The trio seemed to realize what he was talking about and the two genies stood to give him a hug, “We’ll miss you,” whispered Eden.

“Thank you for everything,” said Harry as he and Cassim hugged, “You didn’t need to do what you did when you found my lamp. But because of you, this was able to happen. There aren’t enough words to express my gratitude for what you’ve given me.”

Cassim subtly wiped away a tear as they broke apart. He leaned over to kiss Dandji on the hand and give her a hug as well. “I’m going to miss having another non-genie in the family,” said Dandji as they finished their hug.

“Something tells me there will be a few more for a while,” Cassim nodded towards Sirius and Remus, who were standing back and watching the groups dynamics.

When Cassim and Dandji were done, he moved towards the Wizarding pair, who straightened at his approach. He was way-laid by Carpet suddenly circling him, “woah! I know, you big rug. I know! I’ll miss you too.”

“I TOLD you that carpet was moving Remus!!!” Sirius exclaimed, sending everyone into a small giggling fit.

The Ex-King of Thieves could feel his body getting more and more tired, but he needed to finish this last thing. Cassim moved to the wizarding pair completely, and put out his hand for them to shake, “I know we didn’t really get to interact much. But I’ve seen enough to know you are both the right sort. That boy,” he nodded towards Harry, “has seen and done a lot over the years. If you can see him for who he is now and not who you want him to be, then I welcome you to take my place in our little family group. If not…” he left the rest of the sentence unsaid but did tilt his head towards Genie.

The wizarding pair received the message loud and clear. Cassim had already talked to Iago when the pair was watching over Dandji, so he knew it was time. He moved to his bed and lied down, his make-shift family moving around to sit near him. Cassim closed his eyes as his breathing slowed down to nothing. He was excited to see his blood family again after all these thousands of years and knew it would be a while before his magical family also joined them in the afterlife. He could almost hear his son Aladdin’s voice welcoming him home.

Harry pulled Dandji into a hug, while Genie threw his arm around Harry again.

Tomorrow they would build a bonfire for Cassim’s body to help usher him into the afterlife.

Tomorrow would be the start of another new adventure for Harry and his family.

The newly freed genie glanced around at everyone. Their FAMILY.

Tomorrow… Harry smiled.

He could hardly wait.

-The End-

Notes:

Author’s Note for real: I’m sorry this chapter took YEARS to complete. A part of me wasn’t ready to let it go, while another part was having issues with writer’s block, while another part was hoping the new Live Action Aladdin would inspire me… Which is did. Thank you to everyone who stuck through the wait periods and is finishing the story with me.

There will not be an epilogue- just imagine Harry and Crew staying in the Wizarding World until Remus and Sirius pass away and helping Severus change the tide of prejudice against one House/Type of Wizard. And the Weasley Twins meet Genie, which makes at the very least, Diagon Alley implode.