Actions

Work Header

Epilogue

Summary:

The Avengers must fight Loki and Thanos.

Notes:

Last part of Setting Snares For My Soul! I really hope you enjoyed this series and continue to read it!

Constructive criticism is encouraged and appreciated I crave validation

My Tumblr is alextheobscure so go follow me please

Chapter title is from Circle With Me by Spiritbox

Chapter 1: I Held The Power Of A Dying Sun

Chapter Text

Bucky heard a shriek somewhere in the rubble. Heavy footsteps followed. He continued to play dead; as long as no one knew he was alive, he wouldn’t be killed.

Red magic lit up his vision, and he lifted his head a fraction of an inch to view the scene.

Wanda was surrounded with scarlet, fueled by raw emotion. “You took everything from me!” she cried, full of anguish.

Thanos smiled. “I don’t even know who you are.”

”You will,” she muttered.

Her magic shot toward his gauntlet and latched onto the Mind Stone.

Thanos got Vision.

With a woosh of crimson liquid air, Wanda dropped dead. Bucky tensed, watching Loki rummage through her corpse for anything valuable.

They had done that with everyone. They weren’t people, they were obstacles in their way. Scott, Wade, Hope, Clint, he couldn’t bare to list more.

Thor had blood and tears running down his face. “Loki! Brother! Stop this now!”

Loki stopped their pacing and stepped meticulously over to their adoptive brother. “Odin is not here to guide us, is he? The world bends to beings of a higher power!”

”Mother would punish you-“

”Mother isn’t here anymore!” Loki’s eyes showed the pain their face refused to share.

Thor’s hammer moved. Loki looked down pointedly. They didn’t try to lift it, they already knew they weren’t worthy.

Mjölnir swept towards a heap of navy blue buried under a pile of dirt. Lightning crackled, a beam of plasma in the sky, before touching down on Steve Rogers.

Light rained down on Thanos and Loki as the other captain entered the atmosphere.

Thanos lifted up his gauntlet and put his thumb and index finger together.

Bucky’s eyes widened. “No!”

He held out his arm, with the Particle Stone, and everything turned white.

Chapter 2: The Greatest Story’s Now For Sale

Notes:

The last addition of Setting Snares For My Soul!! This has been a very interesting series, and I hope you enjoyed it! Make sure to leave a comment if you liked it (or if you didn’t, I’m not judging).

My Tumblr is alextheobscure so go follow me please

I’m also taking commissions for writing! Just message me on the Tumblr profile above and I will get back to you!

Chapter title is from I’m The Mountain by Stoned Jesus

Chapter Text

Bucky attached himself to Steve’s arm an hour ago, yet he couldn’t will himself to move. Everything in his mind felt slow. He had never seen this place before.

Steve was covered in blood. He bore the brunt of the injuries as well, throwing Bucky out of the way right before Thanos brought T’Challa’s haven down.

Bucky shivered thinking about how many of his friends died because of him. He should’ve known sooner, right? Surely a trained assassin could see through a god.

Steve must’ve noticed the anxiety. He kissed Bucky’s dirt-soaked hair. “We’ll be okay, Buck. I won’t let anything happen to you,” he muttered. Bucky simply nodded; his throat closed up a long time ago.

A knock resonated throughout their small cell. It must’ve come from the wall. It was light, too, no doubt from a human being without armor. A threat?

The door was slid open, and an ill-dressed man walked in folding two Manila folders.

”Are-are you with Shield?” Bucky croaked. His throat ached from not being used, but he needed to know who he was dealing with.

The man smiled politely. “No, I’m with the TVA.”

Bucky and Steve looked at each other in confusion.

”I guess people don’t know about us. We here at the TVA, or Time Variance Authority, seek to maintain every timeline to make sure there aren’t variances in them. Mr. Barnes, here, made another timeline where Thanos and Loki lost. You both are under arrest until further notice.”

”What?!” Bucky and Steve said at the same time. 

“Can I have a lawyer? Or something?” Steve asked.

The man pursed his lips. “We don’t have those here. There’s not really much of a trial at all.”

Bucky groaned. “So we’re stuck here?”

The man nodded. “Yes, but I may be able to help you. You see, I was assigned to watch Loki first, as we saw them as a threat, but after seeing what you two did in the span of 232 days, they reassigned me to you.”

“Wait, you were-“

“Yes, Mr. Rogers. Loki is being kept in a separate but secure location, as are Thor and Ms. Danvers,” the man elaborated.

They’re alive! Bucky let himself claim that small victory as he stared at the man’s slicked-back white hair.

”As you can guess, we’ll be spending a lot of time together. I know pretty much everything about you two, so ask me something about myself and I’ll answer,” the man offered.

”A name would be nice,” Bucky grumbled.

”Wow, I forgot about that!” the man chuckled. “My name is Mobius Mobius Mobius.”

Series this work belongs to: