Actions

Work Header

Chapter 4

Summary:

Michael has a business meeting and Jack finally meets Cas and Dean.

Notes:

Hope you all enjoy the new chapter. the next post should be on the Tuesday the 16th.

Chapter Text

Three days ago 

Saturday

 

Michael’s body protests any sort of movement after the previous night's brawl which was followed by time spent "teaching" the slave that interrupted the fight before Michael could fully eliminate the problem. Never a fighter and always the weaker of the two, Lucifer is in far worse shape today but could still pose a threat. Michael knows he needs to finish the task he started or things could become unnecessarily complicated. Lucifer is his brother, but blood doesn’t always make you family, shared history or not.

 

Even as he faces this dilemma, Michael looks around the board room and cannot help but smile at the power he wields.  

 

He has requested a meeting with three of the most powerful families in the slave trade on a Saturday morning with less than a day of notice and all three of them have shown up. They are all now seated in his conference room waiting for him and knowing that at his pleasure, they will continue to wait, he makes them do just that.

 

When he finally strolls in, nearly forty minutes late, Mark Porter is the first to stand and confront him.

 

 "Morningstar," the Alpha barks, red faced and puffed out chest. "Tell me why I shouldn't just walk out of here this second. You call us here on a Saturday without any notice and then have the gall to show up late!"

 

Michael doesn’t even bother making true eye contact before waving him off. "Mark, sit down and maybe you will find out.” When the other man doesn’t move, Michael finally looks him in the eye. "You are fooling no one with your posturing." Glancing around, he notes a delicious mix of intrigue and apprehension in the other Alphas expressions. Taking a subtle whiff he could smell just a hint of it in the air. He wonders which of them was foolish enough not to wear blockers. It makes him want to giggle with glee. He’s already won this game, they just don’t know it yet.  "Now,” he resumes, forcing his tone to remain neutral. “I called you here because I have an opportunity for one of you."

 

Steven Thomson sits stoically, a mere observer at this point. He is the one that Michael most respects at this table and the man is not stupid, he probably already suspects the odds of a positive outcome are decidedly in his favor. And he is certainly not wrong. The other two have only garnered a seat at this meeting because MIchael is curious about what they may offer for the opportunity to intermingle their businesses and genetics with a top dog like the Morningstars.

 

Timothy Stefon, the one with the weakest bargaining position speaks next "And what opportunity is that, Morningstar?"

 

Michael makes a show of taking a seat, in a very unhurried fashion, at the head of the table before answering. "Gentlemen, I am offering you the opportunity for a merger." 

 

Scoffs follow his statement from around the table. Every single one of them has turned down numerous offers from Michael in the past. This is the first time he has been in possession of such a desirable bargaining chip.

 

Thomson taps the table and rises to his feet. "I've told you a thousand times now Michael that I will never give up control of my company. No matter how much money you throw. There will be no company merger. Not from us." He moves away from the table before turning to face Michael squarely and snarling "Stop Asking."

 

Michael nearly laughs at how the man had to put almost the entire length of the room between them before becoming assertive. His brain immediately calculates the exact time it would take to close the distance and teach the man a lesson in respect. But he remembers that this is a game and this man and his company is the queen’s gambit. So instead of answering the aggression, MIchael schools his features and calmly responds "I never said a company merger my dear Steven.” Now Thomson looks uncertain, no longer so willing to storm out. Michael allows his eyes to travel around to the others. They really aren’t included in this negotiation anymore, but their inclusion as potential competitors will help raise the stakes for Thomson. “No, my idea is one much better and amenable to both parties."

 

Thomson remains by the door, annoyance and suspicion flashing in his eyes and spilling into his voice. "Oh and what pray tell what other type of merger could you possibly be offering?"

 

Michael’s eyes remain on the other Alpha now. “A merger of our families, Steven."

 

Gasps of shock fill the room. A family merger has not been done since Michael's great grandfather's time and was known to have been the move that ensured the Morningstar's being at the top for generations. 

 

Porter, bless his Incompetent mind, blurts out, "What?!"

 

Michael considers the Porter alpha for a moment. It is no wonder to him that this man was able to drive his company so far down. It used to give the Morningstar's a run for their money every year. Now it’s barely holding its place in the top four. Still an impressive company, but definitely the lowest at this table. "Well Mark,” Michael explains, choosing to speak slowly as though to a mentally inept child. He barely spares the man a glance, his focus returning quickly to his real target, Thomson.  “Lucifer’s son presented yesterday. And while he didn't present as an Alpha I can't help but be happy with what he did present as."

 

The three lean just slightly in wanting their suspicions to be confirmed. Michael doesn’t make them wait. 

 

"Gentlemen, my nephew, Jackson, the sole heir to the Morningstar legacy, has presented as an omega.” He waits a beat, gauging the men’s reactions. Of all the things they expected to hear at this meeting, this did not make the list.  

 

Michael rises to his feet now, fingertips pressed to the surface of the Cherrywood boardroom table. “And with that, we now have a rare opportunity to complete a family merger." 

 

Across the room, Thomson starts laughing and Michael soon joins him. They both know that with this one development the Morningstar's and Thompsons can ensure that their families stay on top, likely for the next several generations. 

 

Michael watches with gleeful satisfaction as this possibility dawns on Porter and Stefon. If they do not seal the deal they will never be able to compete in the market again. Their companies will be doomed. While they frantically mumble to themselves and type out messages on their phones, Thomson, now far calmer and cockier, resumes his place at the table. Michael cannot help but grin when the man makes a big show of tossing his phone onto the table and leaving it there, untouched as he sits back and crosses his legs. The other two stammer out excuses-they have to meet with their boards. They need forty-eight hours to prepare an offer. Michael benevolently nods his head and waves them off like a king holding court with peasants. They both excuse themselves to go set up the necessary meetings. Michael rises and walks them to the door, shaking each of their hands and saying he looks forward to hearing from them within forty-eight hours.

 

Once the door closes behind them, Michael walks toward the wet bar and pours a scotch for himself and Thomson. As he hands him the glass, Thomson muses, "Lucifer is on board with this endeavor I hope. I would hate to get my hopes up only for them to be destroyed."

 

Michael is grateful he is wearing blockers to prevent the souring of his scent from being detected by the other man. "That is of little consequence. This merger will be the first in two generations. It is going to happen either way." Michael gains an evil smirk "You know I never let anything get in the way of growing my company. And a new branch to our family tree is always welcome." He gives the other Alpha a meaningful look. “As long as it’s the correct branch.” 

 

Thomson smiles. “Here here!” He raises his drink and the two men clink glasses. It’s as good as an informal agreement.

 

“You said he just presented?” Thomson clarifies. “He is quite young, yes? And the presentation as omega was unexpected, I imagine.”

 

 Michael folds his hands in front of him. He understands exactly what Thomson is really asking. "Once the merger is finalized I would have no problem with you son-Paul right?” A slight nod in confirmation. "Starts training Jackson in how to please him and to behave as a proper omega. So long as Jackson survives and retains his fertility, I have no issue with any methods Paul might choose to employ to undo all of Jackson’s former training. I always believed that once an omega presents they are old enough to be treated as omegas should be. Jackson is only twelve at present and will not be fertile for about three or four more years. Your son can use that time to mold him however he sees fit." 

 

Thomson smirks, pulls out a cigar and lights it before leaning back in his chair and casually putting his feet up on the table. Michael balks and almost snaps at him for the audacity but as this man will most likely be an in-law in a couple years he allows it with a chuckle which is mimicked back by the other alpha. "And what will this merger look like for both companies if I decide to take you up on your offer." 

 

Michael smirks in triumph as he begins describing the details of the business deal.





Now..

 

Cas had just finished up his meeting ensuring more funding for the legal battle as well as potentially starting a second facility if they can find a suitable location when Dean texts him that they have arrived. 

 

He hurries down the two flights of stairs to his private office hoping to get there before the group. Not only to see Jack but to also warn Bal about the group arriving. The omega is waiting in Cas’ office for the finalized paperwork to be sent from the donors. As high tech as much of the facility is, they still have a need to fly under the radar. Because of this, they still utilize fax machines for much of their correspondence. Dean often jokes that the nineteen eighties called and want their technology back. Castiel has no idea what that means but what he does know is that Faxing leaves no electronic record other than the number called. Thanks to Sam’s friend Charlie, their fax machine number is untraceable to their direct location. To ensure further security, the only fax machine in the facility is located in a hidden vault in Castiel’s office. That is where the signed pledge forms will be faxed to and so that is where Balthazar has currently positioned himself.

 

As Cas turns down the hallway he sees the door close to his office and cannot suppress a groan. He picks up his pace even more and manages to get into the room just as a voice he assumes is Gabe gasps out “Bal?!” 

 

Everyone turns as Cas bursts into the room. On the outside, Balthazar looks more annoyed than anything else but Cas watches the subtle tick of his friends fists tightening and loosening at his sides. Bal is masking, like he has mastered the art of doing when trouble comes to them. Mission above all else and Cas has never felt more respect for the omega. Before Cas can find his voice, Gabe turns to him and snaps, “I thought you said you freed him, Castiel?!” 

 

He hasn’t seen his brother in so many years and something in him hurts that a veiled accusation is the first words spoken between them.

 

“He did,” Balthazar answers, eyeing Gabe with piss and vinegar on full display.  “Then I co-founded this foundation, that’s about to save your sorry ass with him.” He scoffs and folds his arms across his chest. “You’re welcome.” 

 

Gabe's expression turns sheepish and he seems to find the floor extremely interesting all of a sudden. At the same time, the young boy by his side, Jack, Cas assumes by process of elimination, looks around in confusion, his eyes falling on Gabe “Uncle Gabe, what do you mean by freed him? What was he freed from?”

 

Everyone turns to answer Jack but Dean is the first to find his words. “Slavery.”  When Jack still looks confused, Dean continues, his voice a bit rough. “Both me and Bal used to be slaves.” He steps to Cas’ side and places a hand on his shoulder. “Your uncle Cas freed us.”

 

“And many others as well.” Jodi adds beaming proudly at Cas who feels his face get hot and quickly looks down at his feet.

 

“It’s possible to free slaves?!” Cas’ head snaps back up. Jack's expression is filled with shock and Cas could swear a little hope before it fades and is replaced by a guarded almost blank look. He glances around the room, his eyes finally settling on Cas “Why would you do that?” he asks, a clear challenge in his tone. “It is a known fact that even if slaves were freed they would fall back into the same behavior that made them slaves in the first place and be back in slavery within a month. Why waste the investment?”

 

Cas doesn’t know how to respond and by the looks of it neither did anyone else. As far as he knows, none of the slaves freed by his foundation have ever found themselves re-enslaved. 

 

This time, it is Gabe who responds. “Jack, you know that’s not true. You remember that concert we went to, what was it two years ago? The lead guitarist was a slave for almost a decade before being freed and he has been free for over five years.”

 

Jack looks conflicted. “He was an indentured servant, not a true slave, Uncle Gabe. They are completely different things.” He looks at Bal. “Were you an indentured servant?”

 

Bal raises his chin slightly and frowns. “I was not.”

 

Jack’s eyes flash with anger. “Then you shouldn’t be free. You’ve been trained. Money was spent making you into something useful. Now what are you? What good has come of any of the thousands of dollars spent to-”

 

As Jack speaks, Balthazar and Dean’s expressions have been shifting to something dark. To his credit, Gabe steps in, placing his hands firmly on Jack’s shoulders and speaking over him.  “Jack, stop! That’s enough.” 

 

Jack turns to him in outrage. “But Uncle Gabe, this is-”

 

“I said enough!” Gabe orders so vehemently that even Cas finds himself flinching slightly. He’s never heard his brother speak so forcefully before. Apparently neither has Jack as Gabe’s tone seems to stun him into submission. 

 

Once Jack is silent, the beta deflates slightly and pushes a hand through his hair before addressing the stunned onlookers. “I apologize for the outburst. It’s been a very long few days and Jack is exhausted-among other things.”

 

Cas is shocked by the extent to which his nephew has been taught-brainwashed really-to view slavery. A pro-slavery omega is not unheard of, but knowing that his own nephew is one makes Cas feel queasy. He has no idea what he can do to help this boy, but he reasons that being away from Michael and the world that taught him such hateful things has to be a good first step.

 

Gabe and Jack are quietly conversing when Jack finally throws his hands up  “Fine, whatever, Uncle Gabe! Can I call my dad now? It's been days since I spoke to him and I want to let him know where I am.” He narrows his eyes at Gabe. “Does he even know you brought me here?”

 

It takes Cas a moment for his brain to catch up to what Jack said and what that means. He looks at Dean and Jodi who appear equally stunned. Anger fills him faster than he can control as he turns to his brother.  

 

Before he can speak, Dean sneezes and Cas blinks to find both him, Bal, and Jack all covering their noses against the acrid scent of alpha rage.

 

“What is that smell?” Jack asks from behind the hands cupped over his mouth and nose. “It smells like it did when dad and Uncle Michael were fighting.”

 

Gabe looks pleadingly at Cas. It’s a struggle that he very nearly loses but somehow Cas manages to push down the rage boiling inside of him, demanding that he take his brother apart. 

 

How is it possible that so many days have gone by and Jack doesn’t know that his father is dead?

 

Balthazar is the first one to speak and Cas could honestly kiss him for it. “So I gather that this isn’t the weekend you had planned then, eh lad?”

 

Jack looks at him with wide eyes but stays silent. Gabe places an arm around the boy’s shoulders. “I was actually going to take him to a car show in France hosted by Bufori.”

 

Jack turns to him, his face full of wonder. “Bufori! No way Uncle Gabe, you scored tickets?”

 

Gabe smiles down at the boy sadly. “Yeah, I’m sorry, Jack. Maybe next year.”

 

Dean lights up suddenly. “Wait, Bufori? I know that name.” He thinks for a second and then snaps his fingers. “Those are those stupid over priced Rolls Royce knock-off kit cars!” He gives Jack a disapproving look. “Really? You like those?”

 

Jack frowns at him. “They are beautiful works of master craftsmanship.” He looks Dean over with disdain. “Of course I wouldn’t expect a slave to know anything about automobile mechanics or design.” 

 

Both Bal and Dean snort simultaneously and then begin laughing. After a few seconds, Jodi joins them. Jack looks perplexed by their reaction and Gabe just looks lost. For an instant, the rage is forgotten and Cas smiles as he shakes his head at his brother. “I think Dean may have something very interesting to show Jack.”

 

Dean is grinning ear to ear now. “Boy do I ever.” He heads for the office door, gesturing for Jack to follow. “Come on, kid. Let me help you expand your horizons a bit.”

 

Jack looks wary and Gabe tightens his hold on the boy. “What is he talking about?”

 

Cas folds his hands innocently in front of him. “Well, my dear brother, this former slave” He gestures toward Dean “Runs his own auto restoration shop right here in the center.” 

 

Jack’s eyes pop wide as he looks back and forth between Dean and Cas. “No way!”

 

“Yes way!” It should be illegal to be as proud of anyone as Cas is of Dean at that moment. He gazes across the room to where the omega stands waiting in the doorway with a shit-eating grin still plastered on his face. ”Dean is a master mechanic.” 

 

Dean blushes and Cas feels his alpha preen at Dean’s response to his praise. It’s a warm feeling in his chest that he still isn’t used to even after three years of experiencing it. Before he can get lost in it, Jodi clears her throat and Cas looks over to see Balthazar smirking knowingly at him. 

 

Shaking himself mentally, he focuses on his nephew, whom he realizes he still hasn’t been formally introduced to yet, but that seems to matter very little at this point. “Dean can take a car that somebody gave up on and threw away, and make it over like new again.” He chances a glance at Dean, careful not to get lost in the omega’s eyes. It happens quite often when he looks at Dean, but now is not the time. “How many cars are in process right now?”

 

Dean nods slightly. “I have three being rebuilt right now. One is only days from being back on the road. Oh, and I pulled Baby in this morning. There is some kind of rattling going on.”

 

“Baby?” Jack asks, pulling slightly away from Gabe who drops his arm. Jack’s focus is on Dean now.

 

“Baby is my car.” Dean explains proudly. “You can come meet her if you want.”

 

Jack looks at Gabe. Gabe looks at Cas who nods solemnly. Gabe smiles down at Jack. “It’s okay, you can go. I need time to catch up with Uncle Cas, anyway.”  

 

“We’ll meet back here in an hour, Dean?” Cas suggests.

 

Dean grins again and Cas feels his heart stutter at the sight. “Sounds perfect.” He jerks his head toward the hallway. “Come on kid, let me show you what a real car should be.”

 

As soon as they are out of the room, Cas closes the door and rounds on Gabe. ``You haven’t told him yet!”  

 

Gabe immediately goes on the defensive. “How was I supposed to tell him? I haven't even come to terms with it myself yet! What am I supposed to say ‘Oh hey Jack by the way your dad is dead and Michael wants to sell you into marriage with a highly abusive alpha just to expand the company. So now we have to run and hide in America in the hopes he doesn't find you.’ How the hell do you think he would have reacted to that?” 

 

Cas cocks his head remembering that Gabe told him Michael wanted to make Jack a slave. This version seems different from the original one, but maybe that is just the details.

 

Cas is about to inquire about it, but to his surprise, Bal speaks first. “You are still not fit to look after anyone, are you, Gabriel? I can’t even process what you’ve done! That poor boy hasn’t even started grieving for the only parent he has! Now he’ll have to do it surrounded by virtual strangers!”

 

Even as stunned as he is that the omega spoke up so forcefully, at the moment, Cas fully shares Bal’s sentiments. When Gabe starts to defend his actions again, Cas cuts him off “Gabe I know you care about Jack and while I agree that you should be in Jack's life I’m not certain that you are really ready to be wholly responsible for him right now.” 

 

Gabe is stunned by his words and Cas winces inwardly at the hurt in his brother’s eyes. “What do you suggest I do then, huh?” He turns away, crossing his arms and breathing deeply before turning back. “Lucifer named me as his guardian. I can’t abandon him.”

 

Cas takes a breath to collect his thoughts. He has no idea what Gabe and Lucifer’s relationship was like but having him and Jack in a feedback loop of grief would not be good for either of them. Neither would Gabe’s poor decision making do them any good. Cas intentionally gentles his tone. He, himself, feels nothing over Lucifer’s death, but he understands that Gabe and Jack need a safe place to grieve. “Come and stay with Dean and I at our house.”

 

Behind him he hears Jodi make a noise which is probably the beginning of a protest. He holds up a hand to silence her.

 

The original plan was to lock them down at the center until the threat from Michael could be neutralized. Sam is already working on getting an order of protection and citizenship for Jack so he can stay in the states. But given the circumstances, it feels better to Cas to have them in a less institutionalized environment. Being in a home with family would do Jack more good than being at the center.

 

Gabe looks cowed by the offer as he rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. “Thanks Cassie but I-”

 

“No buts.” Cas states firmly. “Our home is secluded and spacious. We even have a lake with a dock and a small boat. It’s the perfect place for Jack,” he pauses and sighs. “And you, to rest and get your heads together. Figure out what comes next.”

 

And heal. He thinks but doesn’t say.








Dean's workshop... 



“Do you know anything about cars?” It is a standard ice breaking question for Dean’s newest students. He only hopes it will work with Jack as well.

 

Dean almost laughs with how fast Jack’s eyes snap around as he flips on the light switch and illuminates the quiet shop. Dean feels hopeful as the despair recedes from Jack's eyes replaced by curiosity and wonder. It’s always the same when he brings a new person in and the feeling of pride never diminishes. The forty five hundred square foot shop is his pride and joy. He considers it one of his greatest accomplishments, second only to achieving his freedom. 



Jack turns and faces Dean as he answers. “I’ve never actually worked on any real cars but I’ve read every book I could find on them and I’ve worked with some virtual programs. I really love the MKIII La Joya! We have two at our house. My dad never lets me touch them, though. He thinks I should focus on the company more.”

 

As he speaks, Jack is walking through the shop, running his fingers lightly along some of the unfinished cars and parts scattered on work tables. 

 

Dean fights a grimace when Jack mentions the company he knows manufactured the very collar that kept Dean enslaved for a decade. Looking at this child, it pains him to know that before Jack presented, he was actively being groomed to believe the pro-slavery propaganda and  keeps that company in business. 

 

Shaking off the thoughts, Dean watches Jack, hesitantly exploring the shop and feels encouraged by the natural curiosity and enthusiasm the boy is showing. 

 

He decides to steer the conversation away from any talk of Jack’s father or his former life. “Yes, while the new cars are flashing looking and technologically interesting, for me, all that new tech removes a lot of the fun of fixing them up.” 

 

When Jack looks offended, Dean holds his hands up defensively. “Hey it's true! The only place you can get most of their parts are from the dealers or directly from the manufacturer. You miss all the fun and challenge of hunting down the parts and rebuilding the car yourself. Do you know that mechanics need to go for specialized classes almost every year now because of all the new tech coming out? You have to be a computer whiz to do anything with models that came out in the last few years. All you do is make a list of what you need and order online. And most new cars are built to be scrapped after about eight years now. Cars are getting more expensive but their life span is getting shorter.” 

 

Jack just stares at him for a moment, his mouth moving up and down before he straightens his posture much like he did at the airport. “Oh yeah? Well what do you think a good car is then?” 

 

Dean crosses his arms. He’s still at least six inches taller than the kid. “I'm personally partial to the nineteen sixty seven Chevrolet Impala but the fifty six Coup de Villes are all usually pretty decent cars and fun to rebuild.”

 

Jack lifts one of his eyebrows, honestly matching some of the silent mocking Dean has seen when an adult thinks a child is being ridiculous. Dean would be offended if it wasn't for the fact that it looked so absurd on the face of a twelve year old “What's the point of having a car like that? They can't be worth very much.”

 

Dean looks around the shop for a second, his eyes landing on a 1972 Volkswagon Beetle that he purchased on a whim last month and never got around to fixing up, a smile forming on his face. “Hmm, if that's what you believe, I guess I won't offer to let you help fix up my current project.”

 

Jack freezes at that statement, all cockiness disappearing, allowing Dean to see how insecure he is under the snobby attitude. Dean almost thinks he’s got him at that moment until the walls come back up. Dean can’t help feeling a little disappointed. 

 

That quickly changes to shock at the venom that flows in Jack's voice “Do you honestly think that I would listen to some omega bitch about how to fix a car? I’m thinking that all your knowledge about them is the same as your taste in cars, completely wrong and idiotic.”

 

Dean's eyes harden. He can understand that Jack is going through a lot at a young age. He can even feel empathy for him. That doesn’t make his attitude acceptable though. Dean pulls himself up to his full height before responding to Jack, his voice losing any of the teasing it held before “If that is what you honestly believe then I guess you don't need to learn how to fix them at all with being an omega yourself what could you possibly know about them either. If you change your mind at any time feel free to ask for lessons.”

 

Jack just scoffs in response before turning around and storming off across the shop to sit at the spare desk Dean usually uses to go over invoices and text with Cas and Sam while his students work. 

 

While Jack broods, Dean texts Cas who tells him that he and Gabe will be there shortly to pick Jack up. Dean glances at the kid who glares daggers back at him. Despite Jack’s rotten attitude, Dean’s heart breaks for him. Jack doesn’t know it yet but his entire world is about to come crashing down around him. Dean busies himself researching the car that Jack mentioned. No matter how many articles he reads about it, he just cannot be impressed by it. 

 

It is about ten minutes later that Gabriel and Cas come by to pick up Jack. Gabe looks around the shop and whistles. “This is way impressive, Dean-o.”

 

For the umteenth time, Dean fights the urge to punch the guy in the face. Instead he focuses on Cas who looks worried and haggard. As Gabe collects Jack, they hear him once again ask to call his father.

 

Cas watches Gabe steer Jack toward the shop door and wipers to Dean “We’re going to take him to Benny.”

 

Dean nods. “Probably better for him to find out with a professional in the room. And Benny is good at what he does.”

 

“I invited them to stay with us.” Cas tells Dean. The omega’s head snaps around to look at him in surprise.

 

The alpha looks so tired and defeated that Dean doesn’t have the heart to challenge the idea.

 

“It’s fine Cas, we’ll take care of them.” He considers telling Cas about Jack’s disturbing outburst but decides against it when Cas offers him a small grateful smile and moves to leave. 

 

Dean takes hold of Cas’ arm, halting his departure and wraps his arms around him. He lays his head against Cas’ shoulder. And the alpha sighs, returning the embrace instantly and lowering his head to nose at Dean’s scent gland, inhaling deeply. Almost instantly his scent changes from worry to calm. 

 

“I love you.” Cas whispers against his pulse point and Dean feels his heart kick up a notch like it always does when Cas does that.

 

He pulls back and runs his fingers gently through the hairs on Cas’ temple. “I love you, too.” 

 

“You have a class?” Cas asks even though Dean suspects that he already knows the answer. Cas keeps track of Dean’s schedule better than Dean most days.

 

“Yeah.” He answers softly. “Just two kids. I’ll be done in a few hours.” He looks over toward where Jack and Gabe are now standing quietly waiting for Cas. “You can bring him back here after if you want. Might be good for him to see what we do.”

 

Cas nods silently and leans forward for a kiss before gently pulling away and joining his brother and nephew. Dean can do nothing but watch him go, noting the slump to his shoulders that wasn’t there earlier today. 

 

His alpha is hurting and although Dean’s omega whines helplessly in response and stomps around demanding he try to make it better, Dean knows he just has to sit tight and wait for the storm to settle. They’ve been through storms before and nothing has been able to defeat them yet.

He’s sure this will be no different.

Notes:

If you see or think of any tags we should add please tell us.