Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-09-07
Completed:
2021-09-07
Words:
22,725
Chapters:
13/13
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
7
Hits:
267

Gundam Seiyuu

Chapter Text

Yes. Even to me that word sounded meek and small. How in the world had he discovered the truth? How did he find out about the fanfic? I had no idea and I certainly didn't have the nerve to ask him. He knew I was guilty and that was bad enough. In many cases the guilty wish to know how they were discovered but I saw no point. I mean what would it do? Knowing how he found out would just make me feel like more of a fool. So I just stood there with my head hung, concentrating on the floor. I felt like such an idiot!

Gathering up my courage I clutched my hands into fists but I refused to look up at him. So I wrote a fanfic, so what? Maybe I could just get away with saying that'' what it was? Yeah, sure, right Duo, like Heero would ever believe that. Well heck, it was worth a shot.

"It… it's not what you think." I choked out pathetically. Ok, even I wouldn't have believed such a feeble protest.

Heero responded with a small snort and crossed his arms across his chest, I knew he was staring at me intensely now. "Oh really?" He asked quietly. I swear it was in a taunting voice, as if he were daring me to accuse him of being that stupid. Oh sure, be smart me, let's dig ourselves an even bigger hole.

I took a deep breath. Well, it wasn't as if I could drop any lower in his eyes. I opened my mouth and let it all spill. Maybe I could get a shocked look from him, and that's about all I could hope for just before he hit me with complete and total disgust and hatred.

I spilled about the first time I saw him and I spilled about the fanfiction I found my cousin reading. I admitted to reading it myself and loving it. I admitted to slowly discovering that I liked yaoi and how it was all written. I admitted to the concert. I admitted to all the reasons I bought the shirt. Hell, I even admitted to how I felt about the time he'd kissed me at the convention, and I hadn't even admitted I'd enjoyed that to myself yet! And finally I admitted to writing the fanfic out of pure depression and hopelessness. I explained that in the end it was just a story to vent everything I felt and if he hated it for me fine!

"That's it, that's all of it. And if you hate me then fine, go ahead. But at least have the decency to tell me!" With all of that said I turned away from him to hide my face, which was red with a small amount of anger and a large amount of embarrassment, and to hide my watering eyes. I sniffled slightly to break the silence; I just couldn't stand it. I wanted to scream at him to make him respond, to make him answer in some way, any way. But I couldn't turn back to look at him. So I just stood there, the silence slowly killing me.

From behind myself I heard movement and tensed up. I didn't dare move or turn, afraid what would come next. Would he punch me? Would he turn around and leave the room with a disgusted look? Would he force me to turn around and be even more embarrassed? No, he didn't do any of those things. Instead, as I stood there worrying, two long arms snaked around my shoulders and wrapped around me, hugging me tightly. I felt his chin rest softly at the place where my shoulder and neck met. I froze, afraid to move and break the moment, afraid of what would come next.

"Baka," he whispered softly. His breath drifted over my skin and I had to force myself not to shiver. Suddenly I didn't care what he said; I just wanted to feel his breath across my skin. "Baka," he repeated. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

That got a reaction out of me! I stiffened considerably and jerked slightly in his soft hold, but didn't break out of it. Did he just… That wasn't disgust in his voice, or hatred or pity. What was it? What in the world was going on? If I didn't know better I could have swore he actually was admitting he felt the same way, but no, that couldn't be right! Could it…?

He laid his cheek against my shoulder and chuckled softly. Then I felt his lips brush against the sensitive skin of my neck in the softest of kisses. As the kiss ended he unlocked his arms from around me and took a step back, separating us. I did the first thing that came to my mind and spun around, staring at him with my mouth hanging open. I must have looked like a completely and total fool because he chuckled again and actually smiled. Heero Yuy actually smiled!
And at me no less!

"You…?" I couldn't even get the words out. Mostly because I wasn't even sure what I was going to say, but I think he got the point anyway because he nodded slowly. His smile melted into the ghost of a smirk and I raised an eyebrow, regaining my mental footing. Was this really happening? Could this actually all be true? Did… did Heero Yuy feel the same way? It wasn't like him to joke about something this serious so it had to be true. That single thought was almost enough to make my world rock off its orbit.

"You… how did you find out?" I asked quietly, swallowing. I nodded toward the fanfiction lying almost forgotten on the table to indicate what I was talking about.

In response he simply shrugged. "You sent it to me."

My eyes widened. "I sent it to you?" Oh gee look at my brainpower; let's just repeat everything he says now. Look, Duo Maxwell the walking talking parrot. But as I repeated what he'd said it occurred to me, the impossible. "You're Knight of Fire?" As soon as I said that out loud it made so much sense. Heck, the song from the night of the concert should have given it away so quickly! After all, only a few people actually knew that the Heero Yuy who was a jpop artist also did the voice of Odin Lowe, it made so much sense I should have figured it out a long time ago.

He nodded. "As soon as I received the fic I sent a response back and someone else answered, your cousin. Apparently someone had used her computer to write a fanfic and send it to me. And there were only two people who had access to her computer. Her and…"

"Me." I finished for him. He nodded. I sighed and shook my head, a grin growing across my face. "I feel like such an idiot."

Heero quirked an eyebrow and smirked once again. "Before he died Odin always said to follow your emotions. I'd say that's pretty good advice."

And you know what? I had to admit he was right.

**

After that things steady began to go uphill without any sign of stopping. Heero and I admitted how we felt to each other and spent the next hour in the dark office well… you know. We just kissed I swear! But anyhoo when I finally did get back to the recording studio I was in a much better mood and no one seemed to complain that I was over an hour late. But then the look on Relena's face was quite interesting, as if she were practically bursting with some beautiful news she wanted to tell all of us. But when we asked her about it she shook her head and smiled.

"Tomorrow. At the wedding."

I had completely forgotten! Quatre and Trowa were getting married tomorrow!

The wedding was pretty normal as far as weddings go; but then again how normal can a wedding really be when you are surrounded by people like us? Once I got over the stuffy suit and tight tie I had to wear it became pretty interesting. Quatre talked me into wearing a normal looking black suit with white button down shirt and a red tie. She said it looked good on me but I honestly felt like a penguin, oh well. Can't win all the time.

Heero showed up in a powder blue suit that made his eyes stand out and sparkle like twin ice stars. As soon as he saw me he flashed me a smile and I felt like a schoolgirl about to melt. So sue me! There is nothing wrong with me feeling light headed over that smile, trust me if you saw it you'd come close to melting too.

As for Quatre and Trowa, well they were certainly the happiest couple I'd ever seen get married. In fact it was really cute because when the priest said 'you may kiss the bride' Quatre reached forward and tugged on Trowa's tie. The bride kissed the groom and the momentary look of surprise on Trowa's face was enough to make the entire place erupt into cheers and laughter. Even Heero laughed.

The cake was passed out and after grabbing a plate I quickly wove through the crowd toward where Milliardo and sat pestering Wufei. As usual the grumpy looking Chinese boy was sitting at a pastel colored table slowly drinking something which undoubtedly held alcohol. Meanwhile the attractive blond seiyuu sat next to him, pestering him in a soft voice. Both glanced up at me as I sat down across from them, I grinned.

Milliardo raised one of his eyebrows. "You seem to be in a much better mood, Maxwell."

I nodded happily. "Yep, and it's all thanks to Wufei."

Wufei scowled at me and I saw his hand tighten on his glass. "I don't know what you are talking about," he muttered quietly.

At that Milliardo let out a good-natured laugh. "You said something to him didn't you? Something that was deep and personal I bet." The blond voice-actor moved his eyebrows suggestively and Wufei only glared at him.

"Do you have to make everything sound so… sexual?!" Wufei demanded in an exasperated voice.

"Of course, Fei-chan, it's my nature."

I snickered and Wufei scowled at both of us. Knowing him he was probably plotting our deaths. I opened my mouth to thank him again when Heero came up behind me and addressed all of us.

"Relena has an announcement to make. You all might want to listen."

We all turned our heads toward the front of the banquet hall where Relena stood in an ornate midnight blue dress next to the wedding cake and the newly wed couple. She had a telltale smirk across her face and her eyes were locked with Hilde's, who was also at the wedding standing happily in the corner. I saw Hilde give her a short nod and turned to look at the entire group.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news, everyone. I have just recently spoke with Treize Kushrenada, the writer of Gundam Wing. He has informed me that, to date, there will only be five more episodes of the series."

A collective 'awwww' sounded from the crowd and everyone seemed disappointed. Except Relena. She continued to stand up there with a quiet smirk on her face. I didn't say anything, and my grin didn't wilt one bit. If I knew our producer that smirk meant she still had something up her sleeve, and it also meant that something was a good something.

"However," she said loudly, interrupting the soft complaints. The room drifted back into silence so she could continue. "However thanks to the quick actions of one Hilde Maxwell and Heero Yuy I am pleased to announce that next week we will start production of the Gundam Wing OAV." Relena gestured toward Hilde and took a step back, indicating we should all listen to her.

All heads turned to my cousin and she grinned broadly. Happily she waved a pile of papers over her head and looked ready to burst with excitement. "Thanks to the signatures of the fans all over the internet Treize has agreed to give us the rights to create Gundam Wing, the OAV. Which is an alternate story of how the war would have ended if Odin Lowe had survived the attack on base 5461!"

My jaw dropped and the crowd of people cheered. I heard Quatre let out a high cheer and she jumped up happily into Trowa's arms. I turned and looked at
Heero in surprise, only to find a sly smirk on his face.

"You did this?" I choked out in surprise.

Heero nodded. "Hilde was the one who suggested it. I got an e-mail right after the episode aired. Within an hour the petition was up on every anime mailing list on the internet."

"So that's why she was at Dorothy's all night long…" I mused out loud. I turned to face Hilde who was weaving her way through the crowd toward us. I smirked at her and attempted to give her a serious glare, failing miserably. "Why didn't you tell em what you were up to?"

Hilde smiled sweetly. "Because, I didn't know if it would work. I wanted to convince Treize before I got anyone's hopes us."

I rolled my eyes. "Knowing you, cuz, you knew it would work. What were you planning to do if he'd said no? Twist his arm?"

Hilde smirked. "Naw, nothing like that. Lets just say that if he'd said no I would have had to send in some other persuasion to Oz Studios." Hilde raised an eyebrow and glanced at Heero. I turned and Heero's face grew completely serious.

"Nimue ryokai," he said in Odin's voice and mocked pressing a detonation switch. Then he broke into a grin as we all laughed.

"Hey everyone!"

We all turned to see Quatre standing in front of the ground with a bouquet of roses, waving it in the air to get our attention. "Ready for the throw?!"
I leaned back in my chair as all the women moved to the front of the crowd in preparation to catch the flowers. I leaned over to say something to Heero but was surprised to find him gone. Hilde simply stood there snickering.

"Oh no, he didn't!" I stood up quickly so I could see to the front of the crowd, but he wasn't anywhere in sight. I watched as Quatre turned her back to the crowd and tossed the flowers up into the air. Hands reached up, ready to catch the flowers and the women cried out as if their voices would help the bouquet fly in their direction. Then, just before the flowers drifted into their hands another shape raced out and caught them. The crowd went silent when they saw who it was.

Heero Yuy had caught the bouquet.

Without missing a beat the crowd parted and he headed straight for me. Smirking mischievously he shoved the bouquet into my shocked hands. As I tried to recover from the shock and disbelief of the situation he reached forward and pulled me toward him. Our lips met and I gave in immediately.
Somewhere in the background I heard Hilde cheer but I didn't care. Instead the entire world seemed to drop away and I only cared about the one who was kissing me. Crushing the bouquet between us I embraced him tightly and returned the kiss with full force until he had to lean against the table to keep standing. We kissed until the need for air forced us to let go and then we were left there gasping quietly for air.

I suddenly gained a hold of myself and was aware of all the smiling faces around me. I felt my cheeks heat up with a blush but I didn't really care. I didn't care because among those smiling faces was Heero.

And he was smiling at me.

the end.

Notes:

(1) Emerald Empire… anyone else seen the Wizard of Oz? Ok I know it's a bad pun but it sounds threatening right?
(2) Heh, ever seen Ruroni Kenshin? Take a guess what Hilde's reading.