Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Black Widow Cinematic Universe
Stats:
Published:
2021-08-24
Updated:
2023-04-23
Words:
27,731
Chapters:
15/?
Comments:
40
Kudos:
200
Bookmarks:
35
Hits:
10,240

Unexpected Trouble

Chapter 8: Chapter: 8

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Wanda had heard the other children conversation and she understood why they didn’t want to give their parents a chance this was all new to them and new things were scary but Wanda would kill to have her parents back in her life and to be a family again but she was grateful for this family that she had now and she didn’t want to dwell too much in the past her parents and Pietro would want her to be happy.

“Come play with me, Wanda,” Morgan said as she tugged Wanda’s sleeve,” Wait a minute Morgan I want you to meet some people, and maybe they can also play.” Tony said stopping them from leaving,” Morgan, Pepper, Peter this is Jordan, Veronica, Nikolai, Anastasiya, Israel, and Viktoriya.” 

“Hi.” Peter, Morgan, and Pepper said in unison,” Now that this is over why don’t all you kids go play outside the adults need to talk.” Tony said shooing all the kids out of the house he rather have no one there when he talked to Pepper,” What the hell is going on?” Pepper asked once the kids were out of the house,” I think it best Tony tells you.” Natasha said before she and the others headed towards different parts of the house giving the couple the privacy they needed.

“Are you going to tell me what the hell is going on? Why are those kids here?” Pepper asked Tony as he ushered her to sit on the couch,” I’m going to explain everything but please know that I didn’t know that was going to happen.” Tony told Pepper after they got married Tony vowed to Pepper that he wouldn’t lie to her he would always keep her in the loop.

“Tony, what happened?” Pepper was starting to assume the worst, She and Tony haven’t needed to have a sit down like this since the rematch with Thanos and she rather not talk about anything that had to do with Tony putting on the Iron man suit.

“Before we got together you remember when I was asked to give my sperm to a sperm bank?” Tony asked,” Yes but what does this have to do with anything?” 

“Apparently Hydra or the Red Room I don’t know which got their hands on my sperm and used it.” 

“Tony are- are you saying one of those kids is yours?”

“2 actually. Anastasiya and Israel.” 

“Did Fury find out who their mother is? Did they get in contact with her? They didn’t kill her did they?” Pepper asked Tony she wasn’t mad. She knew sooner or later someone would come claiming to be Tony’s kid but she didn’t expect it like that. She wanted the kids to have a relationship with Tony and their mother; she just hoped that their mother thought the same.

“They did find her.” 

“That’s good that they did. Is she asking for money? Is that why they are here? Does she not want them? Because if that’s the case then we can see about us getting full custody of them, I’ll call the lawyers and have them get in contact with her lawyers.” Pepper rambled. She was taking this better than Tony thought,” You don’t think she sold them to the Red Room or Hydra? Oh god please tell me she didn’t sell them for a good payout because if she did we could have given her double and they never had to go through that.” Pepper couldn’t imagine what those kids would’ve gone through especially with how young you look.  

“No Pepper she didn’t pay them she didn’t even know they existed.” 

“Oh… well who is she?” 

“Natasha is their mother, actually Jordan and Veronica are Clint’s kids Nikolai and Viktoriya are Steve and Nat’s kids.” It was silent for a while after Tony told Pepper he didn’t know how Pepper would react to that if she was mad at him.

“I’m not mad Tony. Surprised, yes. Mad? No. Have you talked to Natasha about the situation? Have any of you even talked about this?” Pepper could tell Tony kept asking himself if she was mad at him and she wasn't. He didn't know this would happen and neither could Natasha.

“We’re all avoiding everything.” 

“Everyone is planning on leave in a couple of days and with this, you can’t avoid it.” 

Tony knew Pepper was right, everyone was thinking of going their separate ways in 5 days Thor was leaving to go to space leaving Loki here with Tony and Pepper. Steve was leaving. He didn't say where just that he never got a chance to explore the world. Bruce was going back to Stark Tower to have more access to labs and other things, Sam was going to visit his sister and Natasha was moving back to the city with Wanda saying she wanted the girl to have a somewhat normal life. Which was understandable after all the things she went through in life.

“I know but I just don’t know what to do,” Tony said, hiding his face behind his hands,” Hey look at me. We’ll figure it out together.” Pepper said as she took Tony’s hands in hers she always found a way to bring him back when he always drifted far away into his mind; it was one of the many reasons he loved her.

“You should go talk to her before the kids come back in,” Pepper told Tony she didn’t want the kids to hear what they had to say. It was better with them outside and out of earshot. Tony nods before he gets up to leave he gives Pepper a kiss to show her that he cares about her opinion.


Natasha had been in the room Wanda and her had been sleeping in for the past month she had been thinking about calling Yelena and her parents but she didn’t know what to tell them about what she had just learned she’s been keeping them updated about current events but this was something new altogether and she didn’t know how to tell them. Would Yelena hate her for having kids? Would Melina hate her? Would they stop talking to her? Hate the kids?

A knock at the door interpreted her thoughts,” Come in,” Natasha told the other person behind the door who turned out to be Tony,” Hey,” Tony said awkwardly,” I guess the conversation with Pepper went well.”  Natasha said as Tony sat on the bed next to her,” it did she's understanding she wanted me to talk to you. About what we're going to do about the kids- our kids?”  Tony added he didn’t know what Natasha wanted to do. He knew she couldn’t have kids but he knew that she said she didn’t want kids but every time she said that Tony knew she was lying but he never said anything.

“If you don’t want them I get it,” Natasha told Tony she didn’t know what he was thinking with Tony. You never know he is always doing and thinking of something new that it was hard to keep track of what he thought,” No god no, Natasha I want them I want to make them feel safe being there for them. I just don’t know what you want? What do you want to do?” 

“I want them to have something better.” 

“I do too. Are you still planning on moving to the city?” Tony asked he had needed to know if they were going to co-parent and which days he got the kids and when she got them and all that jazz,” Yeah that's still the plan the kids would probably have to share but I don’t think they’ll mind I going to have to take Clint’s kids with me as well so the house might be crowded for a while.” 

“I’m willing to take the kids 2 weeks in a month, do you like it?” Tony said proposing the idea he got them for 2 weeks she also got them for 2 weeks,” Yeah that can work. I think I’ll talk to Steve about doing the same.” 

“Still haven’t talked to Rogers?” 

“Nope.”

“He’s probably just processing everything.” 

“I know I just rather he talk to me you know like how you’re doing now.” 

“It’s Rogers you know how he thinks it takes him a while but he’ll come around,” Tony said as she squeezed Natasha knee he knew this must be hitting her she was just used to be an aunt now she had 4 kids that she didn’t know about and had just as much trauma as she did.

“Will get through to them,” Tony told her before he got up and left. She needed time to be alone and she was glad that he was giving her space. When Natasha was sure Tony had gone back downstairs was when she pulled out her phone and dialed Yelena’s new number.

The room was silent as Natasha waited for Yelena to answer when she didn't. Natasha tried her number again, this time not getting an answer, panicking slightly. Natasha tried her mother’s number after the third ring Melina picked up,” Hello Natka.” Melina’s voice came through the phone; she could hear the distant rustling of pans in the distance.

“Hi, Mama. I called Yelena but she didn’t pick up.” Natasha said it had taken her a while but now she could call Melina Mama like her 11-year-old self used to,” Oh she in the shower big girl nothing to worry about.” Melina said but there was a lot to worry about last time Yelena and her didn’t pick up the phone it turned out they got snapped away like the other half of the universe, leaving Natasha alone with nobody.

“I have news about the Red Room.” Natasha heard Melina take in a sharp breath,” You do.” Natasha knew her mother hated the Red Room more than anything; it stripped her of a lot of things and finding out that they hadn’t taken down all the Red Room took a toll on her. It took a toll on everyone but it hit Melina like a brick. Yelena told her she started drinking more than usually found her staring into space and she also said she heard their mother screaming from nightmares.

“Yeah, the Hard Drive helped a lot. We have a location in the Red Room. It's deep in the woods of Russia. We're going in 2 days and we could pick you up on the way.” Natasha said she knew her family would want to come to finish the Red Rom which they hoped would be the last time.

“Yes, do that. I’ll tell Yelena and your dad to get ready.” 

“Okay, this might be the last time.” 

“It might but we always have to be prepared. Is that all Natka?” Melina knew Natasha had more to say though she doubted she would say it. Natasha liked to keep secrets close to her until she couldn’t keep it to herself anymore,” No Mama that was everything.” 

“You take care of yourself.” 

“I will.”

“Mhmm. See you in 2 days, big girl.” 

“See you in 2 days, Mama.” 



Notes:

Just something I want you to fill out you don't have to just want to see what you want in this fic.

https://forms.gle/euVpzX9RJHfUFuoE9