Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Black Widow Cinematic Universe
Stats:
Published:
2021-08-24
Updated:
2023-04-23
Words:
27,731
Chapters:
15/?
Comments:
40
Kudos:
200
Bookmarks:
35
Hits:
10,240

Unexpected Trouble

Summary:

2 weeks after Endgame the Avengers find 6 mysterious kids unconscious and Hydra drats sticking from their necks. These 6 kids are going to bring life upside down for the Avengers. But it's nothing they can't handle right? There are just six stubborn kids who want nothing to do with their parents, nothing they can't handle. Right?

Chapter 1: Chapter: 1

Notes:

This story was first posted on Fanfiction and before Black Widow came out so I am changing a lot of things that were already written.

Chapter Text

It had been 2 weeks since the Endgame and everyone has been spending time with their families Clint was with Laura and the kids, Scott was with Cassie and Hope, T'Challa was taking care of his kingly duties, Peter was spending time with his aunt May, Thor was reunited with Loki one week after Endgame, Natasha was back, Steve took back the stones. Tony, Pepper, Natasha, Steve, Wanda, Sam, Thor, Bruce, and Morgan were all inside the house enjoying each other's company. It was like any other family having fun and laughing at each other's jokes, it was normal and stable, something they all craved and now had. Loki who was now forgiven for the events of New York after finding out he was being mind-controlled by Thanos and that the fact that he was younger than he actually looked had made amends with his former enemies.

Loki might have been forgiven but he still felt like an outsider among the group they had years of friendships and the only thing that bound him to them was their old hatred towards him so he wasn't laughing and enjoying the movie with them but strolling outside and he didn't mind at all he liked being lonely and isolated but sometimes he did want friends to laugh with because he never had that and he always craved for it but knew he couldn't have it. Not really looking at where he was going Loki tripped over a log and he let out a string of curses before getting up and dusting himself off was when he realized he hadn't tripped over a log but over a boy who couldn't be more than 13 or 12 in Midgradian age but he wasn't the only kid laying around unconscious but there were 5 others children sprawled out all around him. Loki knew it wasn't normal so he tried to shake the boy that he tripped over because he surely should've felt him being tripped over but the boy didn't stir that's when Loki saw a tranq dart sticking out the boy's neck and he wasn't the only one they all had darts sticking out their necks.

Loki closely inspected the dart finding a skull and 6 octopus legs. Loki knew he had seen the logo' somewhere and that's when realization dawned on him, he raced quickly back to Stark's house he needed to tell them of what he had found, Loki bargained into the house the door slamming loudly shut behind him causing everyone to look at him.

"And what the hell is wrong with you almost breaking my door," Tony asked everyone was staring at him waiting for an explanation to his sudden outburst

"There are 6 Midgardian children not too far from here all unconscious and they have these sticking out their necks," Loki explained out of breath not only from running but from explaining all of that in one breath.

"Let me see," Natasha said pointing to the dart in Loki's hand which he passed to her, she inspected it before finding the Hydra log

"We need to call Fury, this is a Hydra dart," Natasha informed the group

"Mommy who's Hydra?" Morgan asked Pepper from where she sat on Pepper's lap

"Some very bad people. Morgan why don't you go play in your room for a little bit." Pepper said to Morgan and Pepper was thankful that she didn't ask any questions and went to her room.

"Pep calls Fury and tells him what we know. Loki shows us to the kids." Tony says

Loki true to his words showed them to the kids and they were still unconscious when they got there there were 2 boys and 4 girls, there was a boy with sandy-blonde hair, the other boy had brown hair and tan-skin, one of the girls had long red fiery hair and a face full of freckles and pale cream skin, the girl next to her had brown hair and tan skin, the younger girl maybe 5 or 6 had long red hair but no freckles, the very youngest of them all had long red hair and a face full of freckles. The 6 kids were all not too far from each other. The boy with sandy blonde hair was the farthest from the whole group.

"Do you think they're here to fight us?" Wanda asked the kids if they seemed innocent enough but she knew that anyone can be fooled by a pretty face and she knew that from experience.

"Yeah probably we shouldn't be fooled just because they look innocent doesn't mean they aren't dangerous," Steve said he had really thought his time of fighting was over he just wanted something normal now yeah he would still be Captain America but he was old but he looked young and he just wanted to enjoy the rest of his life.

"Should we take them in or leave them here and watch them until Shield comes?" Sam asked

"Have you lost it! My kid is in there and these kids could be here to kill us and you wanna take them to my home!" Tony screamed at Sam

"Alright how about we all take a moment to breathe." Steve stepping in between Sam and Tony before anything could happen

"Loki, why-" Before Thor could finish he was interrupted by the sound of a quinjet landing that was no doubt, Shield.

"Look no need to argue Fury's here," Natasha said walking away from the squabbling men to go greet Fury who was stepping off the quinjet along with Hill

"Fury." Tony greeted once he had got there

"Stark, Loki." Fury said

"Director."

"What's the situation," Fury asked done being friendly or whatever was close to Fury friendly

"We got 6 kids on my property with Hydra darts sticking out their necks all ranging from the ages of 14-4 years old," Tony said

"Have they woken up?" Maria asked

"No there out cold. Those darts seem effective." Bruce said not really looking at Fury but at the Shield agents who were going in the directions that they came from handcuffs in hand, they were also heavily armed.

"What's with all the weapons the kids are unconscious they aren't wake yet this seems a little too invasive," Sam said also taking notice of the Shield agents

"If you forgot Wilson these kids were raised by Hydra meaning they can be enhanced and they are well trained. This could also be a set up to try and eliminate all of you."

"So Hydra is up and running again?" Natasha asked

"They've seemed to have been for years we got intel that they got the Red Room up and running again and it has been for a couple of years." Fury looked at Natasha when he said the information.

"Are you working on taking it down?"Natasha said no one could see what she felt as the same blank mask fell in place but Steve could see fear, hurt,and anger in her eyes he knew little of Natasha past but he knew that the Red Room was something she wanted to forget and never hear again it was the part of her past she so badly wanted to get rid of.

"We're working on it. These kids might know or be associated with the red room."

"But I thought the red room only recruited girls? And 2 of those kids are boys." Tony said

"They do but they also had another program, the Red Guardian program. It was for boys. They did the same thing they did with the Widow program taken in orphans."

"I want in," Natasha said watching the kids get loaded up in the quinjet

"Natasha I don't think that's a good idea," Bruce said Natasha had told him a little bit about her past

"I. Want. In." Natasha said looking Fury dead in the eye when she said it and Fury knew Natasha would do anything to stop the people who corrupted her from corrupting other kids.

"I won't stop you. But I thought you were retired."

"Not when it comes to them. I want everything you have on them." Natasha said talking to Maria as she boarded the quinjet

"Fury update us," Steve said he wanted to know whatever they found on the kids and he also wanted to help Natasha, they had grown a special bond over the years of the snap and the years they had been on the run she was someone he could trust, he knew she would always have her back and he would have hers.

"Is she going to be okay?" Loki asked after the quinjet was out of sight

"I don't know kid. I don't know." Tony said walking back to his home.