Actions

Work Header

Midnight Visions

Summary:

Jayden Thompson is just a 16-year-old girl who has to move to Scotland because her dad got a good job, she and her little brother, Tony, don't yet realize what is about to happen to them as the Comet of Attamon is only a month away.

This is my first fanfic, please be easy on me. I want this to be ongoing after the vampires turn human.

Notes:

Hey guys, I hope this goes well. I wanted to smash together the 2000 movie The Little Vampire with the 2017 animated version The Little Vampire 3D. I hopefully will have most of the events from both movies with my own events in between. I extended the time the comet would come because I think 2 days is too short to fall in love with someone. I also changed the ages of the kids a little. I will describe the look of everyone as they come. Uhhh, what else do I have to tell you guys? I'm probably missing something, eh whatever, enjoy!

Chapter 1: Nightmares Suck

Chapter Text

30 days until Comet Attamon

“Jayden?” A whisper erupts through the silent darkness.
I lightly stir awake to the voice of my little brother traveling from the slightly cracked door.
“Are you awake?” Tony whispers. My blankets move as he tries to slide in beside me.
“No” I mumble. A giggle comes from the other side of my bed.
“I had another nightmare.” Tony almost whimpers.
I soften at hearing this and open my arms so he can slip into them under the blankets.
“Was it the vampires again?” I felt him nod against my chest. I sigh and hug him a little tighter.
He had been having the same nightmare every night since we moved to Scotland a few days ago. I feel really bad for him since he has to come to me every time because our dad needs his sleep for work. He describes the dream in such detail, I can tell it is very vivid when he gets it. He draws pictures of things that happen in the dream as well, they are quite good I have to say. I think I might urge him to pursue something related to art.
I fall asleep after he does, making sure he doesn’t seem to be having the dream again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, my favorite day. Not.
Today is the day that we get to start at our new schools here. I miss San Diego already, I miss my friends.
I wake up to my curtains being forced open by my mom and being blinded, I thrust my head under the pillow.
“Wake up guys! First day of school!” She was all too excited for our ultimate demise.
I begrudgingly get up after she leaves and get ready for the day. Tony trudges off to his room to get ready as I go into my closet to pick out clothes.
I pick out a nice black blouse with frills on the sleeves, grey pants with a black beaded floral design on the pant legs, and my black converse shoes. I grab my backpack from San Diego that was covered in pins and stickers from my friends back home and head downstairs after brushing my hair and teeth.
When I get downstairs, I see my dad at the table drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. Mom is in the kitchen making breakfast for everyone. Dad looks up from the paper and smiles when I sit down at the table.
“Hey, princess! Are you ready for the new school?” No.
“I think I am.” Lies.
“That’s the spirit, I’m sure you will meet lots of new friends.” I hope I will.
Tony comes downstairs shortly afterward and sits down at the table opposite of me. Dad looks over at him.
“Hey, kiddo, did you have any nightmares last night?” I look up at Tony.
“Yes,” his voice is so quiet I barely hear his reply.
Dad’s face turns to one of concern, “oh Tony, you know vampires aren’t real right?” Tony nods in reply. “Good, well, hopefully making new friends at school can take your mind off of them.”
After a little more waiting, mom comes in with our plates of breakfast and we all start to eat.
When we were all done, mom grabs her car keys and almost pushes us out the door. “Come on guys, hurry up or we are going to be late!” We all get in the car and start on our way to hel-- I mean school.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we get to school, I see that it is one of those schools that has the middle school and high school next to each other. Tony, being 13, was still in 8th grade and still had to go to middle school. I was 16 and in 10th grade, so I was in high school.
We say bye to mom and start up the sidewalk to our new torture buildings. I stop Tony as he is about to split off and walk to his school.
“Don’t let anyone get to you, alright?” The best advice I can give at the moment.
He smiles, nods, and hugs me before we split up at our respected buildings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day was pretty uneventful, the usual new kid stuff. The teacher asks you to come up to the front of the class, introduce yourself, and pick a seat. I did the same introduction for each class.
“Hi, my name is Jayden Thompson, Jay for short. I’m 16, and I come from America.” I picked a random empty seat in each class, in two of them I sit next to a boy with short dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He is quite handsome. He eyes me as a sit-down and I can feel a blush on my cheeks.
The bell rings to let us know that class is over and I stand up after putting my things away to meet the chest of the blonde boy I sit next to. I look up to meet his eyes because he was quite a bit taller than me, almost a foot taller than my 5’5” self.
He smiles down at me and lets me go first out of the aisle of desks. I smile back and start down the aisle and out the door to my locker. He follows me to my locker and leans up against the one next to mine.
“Hi, I’m Jefferson McAshton, you can just call me Jeff though.” He smiles and puts his hand out for me to shake. His accent is delightful.
I take his hand with mine and shake it as I smile up at him again. “Jayden, nice to meet you.”
“Your accent is quite strange for an American, I thought it would be stronger than it is.”
“I’m from California, I guess the accent isn’t as strong as the ones you are used to then.”
He glances behind me and waves. I turn around to see a few guys waving him towards them.
“My friends are impatient and I promised them I would play some football with them so I gotta go, I’ll see you tomorrow Jay.” He smiles and waves as he hurries to his friends. I smile and wave him off. I grab the rest of my stuff from my locker, close it, and start to leave the school to find mom in the car waiting for us.
Tony comes out not long after I get in the car. He opens the door, gets in, and almost slams the door closed, causing me to jump in fright.
“Hey, watch it!” Mom calls at Tony who doesn't look up from his gaze at the back of the seat. She then starts to drive home.