Actions

Work Header

Ant-man and the Red Queen

Chapter 3: She’d be more ready

Chapter Text

A Meeting in the Avengers headquarter.

 

"Guy! What do you think of Red Queen? Is it someone we know?" asked by Steve Roger.

 

Natasha shook her head, "We watched lots of TV news already, the only thing we know that she is a woman."

 

"How about you, Scott?" Steve looked at Scott, "What does she wants?"

 

"I don't know, Cap!" He continued, "As Natasha said, she is a woman, but I have no idea who is she."

 

"According to the video, she has the wings and blasters." Tony mentioned.

 

"Exactly like you, Cassie!" Peter sounded surprised.

 

"So, she tried to copy my suit?" Cassie thought, "How does she do it?"

 

"Hold on..." Scott had to stop them, "Do you mean someone steal the Pym Particles, and then, design the suit? It's ridiculous!"

 

"We can't ruled out the possibility, Scott!"

 

"Yes, especially the Pym Particles are miracle. I want a piece of the action if you would like to share." Tony patted Scott's shoulder.

 

"Over my dead body!"

 

"Hey!"

 

"Dad! Uncle Tony is just joking, right?" 

 

"Of course!" Tony gave her a wink. "Anyway, I agree with Cap, Red Queen is strongly equipped, she attacked you two in order to steal Dy Pym's research."

 

Scott was speechless, he didn't know how to explain to them. If he disclosed Red Queen is Hank's daughter, they must announce it to the public, including FBI and the media. Hank and Bill tried so hard to protect Hope. How can he do this? No, he can't do this. He wanna protect this girl, for Dr Pym.

 

"Maybe she is confederates of Darren Cross." Cassie had a own thought.

 

"He's dead. He's not the most stable guy, and did not trust everyone, even Dr Pym. I don't think Darren would cooperate with others." Scott responded.

 

"I remembered you telling me that the HYDRA take the particles away, right?" 

 

"Not Pym Particles, Tony."  Scott recalled, " That's Cross Particles which is more unstable and dangerous."

 

"For the HYDRA, it is necessary for them to make the weapon, probably Red Queen work for them."

 

"We don't even know who is she! How can you..."

 

"OK. Stop, guy!" Steve interrupted the argue, "Red Queen chose to attack you and Cassie in front of the public, it means she is not afraid that her identity would be exposed.

 

"Cap... Do you mean Red Queen would attack Cassie again?" Peter looked at Cassie.

 

"I won't be afraid! We should fight back!" 

 

"No! We should stand back!"

 

"Dad?" Cassie can't believe it, "We are the Avengers..."

 

"If this is a targeted attack, we shouldn't take risks."

 

"No... we have to do something."

 

"I have to protect you first."

 

"Enough!" She roared and ran off, and Peter tried to bring her back.

 

"I know you're not feeling well, Scott."

 

"I am fine, Cap!"

 

"Of course, you're not!"  

 

"Come on, Tony..."  Steve knew that Tony was given to using bitter sarcasm.

 

"One year ago, Dr Pym was shot before you destroyed the evil plans of Darren Cross. Next, Cassie asked you for approval of being the Avengers. And now..."

 

"Sorry, Cap! I need to rest for few weeks. Cassie too." Scott left after said. 

 

"Tony, can you please consider other people's feelings?"

 

"I did, Cap!" Stark respond to his question, "Red Queen is a threat. Absolutely. We need to find out who she is before the next attack."

 

"I agree, but it's not easy. Scott has no idea about Red Queen."

 

"Really? You believe it?"

 

"As you can see, Scott really care about his daughter. If he know who is Red Queen, he would talk it out instead of conceal."

 

"Well, I hope so..."

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

In Pym Tech...

 

"Scotty! I watched TV last night. Why don't you stay home and have a rest?" Luis advised.

 

"I'm okay, Luis. I just slightly injured my arm. And, I've got a lot of things to do."

 

"Slightly injured? No! No! No... All we know Red Queen is true badass, she can fly and her arms... Wow, I love it, man!" Luis just expressed how he interested in the Red Queen suit.

 

"Unfortunately, you can't buy it from Walmart or Amazon." It's not funny. Especially for the Avengers, Red Queen is big threat and they're planning to war with her. Scott have to stop it. "We should get back to work, Luis..."

 

"No! No! No! You should go home..."

 

"Luis!" A man with glasses walk next to them.

 

"Dr Foster? I'm not slacking, I just persuade Scotty to go home. "Luis explained to Bill first.

 

"I know. But now, I have something to discuss with Scott. Business."

 

"Business?" Luis repeated the word.

 

"Yes. Business!"

 

"Ok... Um... " 

 

"Luis..." Luis turned his head to Scott, "I'm fine!"

 

"OK..." Luis left them alone,  "Take care of yourself, buddy!"

 

"I do."  Scott replied, "Thank you, Bill."

 

"You're welcome!" Bill continued,  "But honestly, you should have a rest."

 

"If you say it, it means everybody know what happened last night?"

 

"Today Headline." Bill passed a newspaper to Scott, it stated "Avengers attacked by Red Queen"

 

"Oh God!" Scott watched the newspaper with narrowed eyes, even the content is negative, they didn't mention who is Red Queen, this is only good new for Scott. And then, he asked, "What's about the board..."

 

"Not to worry, I will deal with them."

 

" I'm sorry for all the fuss. Bill. "

 

"It's doesn't matter. So... Do you know who is she?" 

 

"Er... No, we have no idea!" Scott decided to keep the secret. "Why do you interested in her?"

 

"The suit... Red Queen... it's similar to something, don't you think that?"

 

" Similar to what?"

 

"If you ask me, someone try to copy Hank's research." Bill thought.

 

"You're not the only one said that." Scott inwardly sighed.

 

"It means the Avenger also think that?"

 

"Bill, I don't know what I'm supposed to say... Yes, her target is me, but I have no idea about her and why did she attack me."

 

"Maybe she is your ex-girlfriend." Bill joked.

 

"Of course not! " Scott daren't even think that, "We just..."

 

"Come on, Scott! I'm kidding." He pat Scott's injured arm after said, "Sorry, I forgot..."

 

"It's okay, Bill." Scott claimed. "It was a flesh wound."

 

"I don't think so." He looked at Scott's face, " Maybe you should go home  and take a rest."

 

"No!" He resisted,  "Especially Pym Tech will set up the business on the West Coast soon, I have to go back to work."

 

" Yes, this is a very important milestone for the Pym Tech."

 

"I wish Dy Pym could see it."

 

"He will." Bill assured the young man, "Janet too."

 

"Yes...So... What about our largest shareholder? Did she contact you back?" He tried to gather information from Bill.

 

The man shook his head, " I hope she can contact me." He continued, "But she came to party last week."

 

"Oh! Really?" Scott pretended to be an innocent boy. "How do you know?"

 

"I checked the guest list after party." Bill answered,  "And you too, Luis mentioned that you checked it."

 

"Hmm... for the safety reasons. And, I don't know Ms Pym really came to party." 

 

"Yes, she just stayed for a short time."

 

"That's why we cannot see her."

 

Bill opened the door to his office, "I would like to talk about our business with her." 

 

"You want her to be in-charge of the West Coast Headquarter?" Scott sat down.

 

"I think Hope is the only choice. She stayed in California for a long time."

 

"How long?"

 

"Since she was seven."

 

"Oh... boarding school, I remember that." Scott can't imagine Hank sent his daughter to West Coast while he chose to stay in New York alone over the years. "It's quite long."

 

"Yes," Bill showed Scott some paper, "She graduated from Berkeley University a few years ago. " 

 

"BBA?" 

 

"MBA now." Bill turned to next page and passed it to Scott. "And, engineering."

 

"Wow...two master’s degrees, it's so great, she is a genius, right? " Scott focused on the photo on top instead of the text, exactly same person, " How do you get these?"

 

"I was a visiting professor in Berkeley."

 

"Oh... I appreciate your work, Bill." Scott continued,  "But, do you think Ms Pym really interested in take over the company?"

 

"Why do you say that?”

 

Because she don't want. Of course, he can't tell Bill. "Well... If Ms Pym has a preparation to take over the Pym Tech, she should take the initiative to chat with you in the party. But she didn't."

 

"You mean she wants to give up her family business? Come on, Scott! It is hard to get accepted to a dual degree in Berkeley, especially MBA/MEng. It's essential step to become leader in our industry."

 

"It doesn't mean that she willing to take over. This is her personal choice, may not preparing for the company."

 

"Scott, before you was chose to be Ant-man, Hope asked to wear the suit."

 

"Hank rejected it."

 

"Yes, it proved she also wanted to protect the suit. She won't give up her family business. I think with all this time to prepare, she’d be more ready." CEO had confidence in expressing his opinions .

 

She's ready to kill me. Sad but true, Scott gathered a lot of information in the conversation, Ms Pym planned to take her father's suit back a long time ago, it is not easy to solve this problem."So... what's next? What do we do now?"

 

"Have you ever been to San Francisco?"  He said with a smirk on his face.