Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-01-05
Updated:
2023-12-01
Words:
114,723
Chapters:
12/?
Comments:
27
Kudos:
83
Bookmarks:
29
Hits:
8,764

A Metal Guardian: A Gundam and Mass Effect Story

Summary:

The Universal Century, only a few short years ago humanity nearly eradicated itself to the tune of a madman, now it spreads, free of most of its old hatred. Yet the galaxy won't let them rest. Humanity has finally formed into a single cohesive group of men, women, machines, and even a breed of aliens! Yet as humanity spreads through the stars, they encounter their own selection of troubles from both within and without. It is an age of exploration, Love, and Fighting. Humanity, still exhausted from the End War, sparked all to the tune of a demented clone, now seeks brighter places to rest.

Yet the galaxy is not as empty as they would expect. The Citadel Alliance, made of several species, has long held sway across its reaches, disregarding that of the Terminus System. Utilizing the Prothean Relay System to spread. Yet in a thousand years, they had not seen conflict on a large scale. As such, they have grown complacent, some would even say arrogent. Yet the unexpected arrival of a damaged Quarian Ship in a previously uninteresting sector, draws the galaxies attention towards the front door of a new and combative species. Now two worlds are soon to collide with one another.

Notes:

Attention all readers, this is a heads up. This project of mine has been something I've been working on mostly on Fanfiction but thought to spread it to here for you all to enjoy. The first two chapters however will not be focused on the story but will be focused entirely on filling in lore for humanity. These being a timeline of humanities activities since expanding into space and the other being a comprehensive list of what you can expect to see from their military when combat is to be focused on.

The Gundam Series Timelines that have been combined into this story are the following.

Universal Century
After Colony
After War
Cosmic Era
Anno Domino
Advanced Generation
Post Disaster
Reguild Century

There are many other smaller details such as why I've included tags for certain other series and that is due to the second chapter. I have expanded on the force list that the 3 Branches of Humanity, Zeon/Earth Federation/United Earth Alliance, can field.

One major thing to note is that due to the influence of the After Colony characters and places, humanity has regained its Aristocratic Houses and their focuses. Though kept in check by stringent checks and balances to ensure that, unlike those that still existed before the First World War, they don't abuse their power over the people.

There is just as much focus on the situation in the Citadel Space, so now worries.

Chapter 1: Tale of Two Galaxies

Summary:

So we begin our story with the first introductions of what Humanity as a species is like in this very alternative future. Aristocracy is not only alive and well, but kept in check by the Organization Terminal and others like it. To ensure that the Nobility does not in fact abuse its powers as they had before the First World War. I do so hope you guys will enjoy the coming scenarios that will be taking place!

Remember to leave a review after finishing and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

0121.07.12

Shanxi Orbit

Second Fleet: God Gates Guardians

Jesse Denton

Let it not be said that Humanity was without fault. Even to this day, almost two decades after the dubbed End War by the vast majority of humanity, did tempers still flare and conflict arise. Humanity wasn't one hundred percent completely unified as some would like to believe, but it was enough in the ways that it mattered.

Shanxi was a simple frontier world built to accommodate one Mass Driver and Space Elevator with others coming in later. With a population of less then a million Human, Coordinators, Carbon Humans, New Types, and Neo-Dolls, the colony is still in the growing stages of its early life.

But with new mineral extraction methods using a form of Nanite slime developed by Chamran Industries, the colony is relatively self-sufficient.

That wasn't to say it didn't have its own problems. With the opening of the God Gate, the artifacts that Humanity had seemed to discover, and still in the process of decommissioning, this had led those in power to grow wary. There were signs on the other side of activity, mostly on the planets that the God Gate led to. Which had caused an increase in deployment of forces.

Neo-Dolls had for the last decade attempted to crack the God Gate coding so that they could shut them down in the event of hostile incursion but had not been able to as of yet. The system proving too hard coded for alterations but it had given Humanity ideas of their own.

As with most colonies now, small Defense Platforms were being constructed, based on the principle that humanity had observed and attempted to replicate based on the God Gates. Two Kilometer stations had been built above and below the planet to ensure one hundred and eighty degree firing arcs of their flower like openings. The interior covered in several small shoots which even looked like small God Gates.

Yet the fleet in orbit was only six or seven ships, for now. Second Fleet was still arriving, their forces stretched thin guarding all the other instances of God Gates discovered by Humanity in the last seventeen Years. Thankfully few of them led to any of the supposed God Gate Systems that were hinted at in the Prothean Archives.

Jesse Denton hummed as he lit the cigar once again in his mouth, his flagship, The Fisherman's Angler, was one of the largest vessels in the Alliance, the Gondwana-class Heavy Mobile Suit Carrier, coming in at One thousand two hundred meters in length. Weighing in at three hundred million tonns with its compliment of four hundred mobile suits, seven hundred fighters, and half a million crew, the vessel inspired confidence in the local garrison

Most material went towards expansion efforts and that monster that Lacus had asked to be built back in the earth Sphere.

"What's the date today? The Twelfth? The God Gate has been opened for about a week and our only probes we've sent through aren't exactly coming back with promising results on the worlds on the other side."

Jesse was never one for sitting around, but it was difficult for him to do nothing for so long. He hadn't seen conflict since the end of the End War and, he was still in his prime. Though as he was contemplating his next series of thoughts, he came upon an idea. Turning to Communications, a young blond haired woman by the name of Abigail Williams was to engrossed with listening in on some kind of a conversation involving some of the patrols to notice the Admiral's attention, till her crew member beside her tapped her shoulder.

With a yelp, the headphones were removed, and Andrew groaned out as he recognized the two voices bickering on the other side. Shin and Duo Maxwell. As always, Shin's arrogance and hot headedness seemed to get the best of him as he was apparently the one who started the argument.

"And I am telling you, if it wasn't for Wing Zero getting in the way, I would have destroyed Requiem and then shown those Alliance Bastards what happens when you mess with ZAFT!"

Duo as always seemed to chuckle as if he was enjoying Shin's pointless out burst. There was no denying that the likes of Amero and Kira Yamato had made great laps in bringing to justice both sides of the conflict, but without Heero Yuy and the Wing Zero, more then likely all sides would have been devastated as hidden Blue Cosmos and LOGOS agents launched Nukes at the PLANTS, Colonies, and Sides during the conflict.

"Sure, even though we both saw what happened the last time you challenged Relena's Husband. Not only did you cause an international incident at that banquet, you had a black eye to show for it and I think Relena dragged Heero off. Got to tell you, haven't seen her that flustered in a long time so thanks for that!"

A roar of anger met the cackling as outside the view, the Destiny Gundam rushed after the vanishing Death Scythe Hell Gundam. By now, the young Abigail couldn't contain her soft giggles as she found multiple eyes on her and her cheeks flushed with color. Jesse sighed out with a shake of his head.

"Abigail be a dear, get in touch with Command would you?"

The young blond nodded as she started fiddling with her controls and switched over the channels, a connection being established with the Point-To-Point Beacon before it began to travel. In some five minutes, as they watched the two Aces, young boys at that, fly after each other in a demented game of tag, when one of the doors to the bridge opens and Luminaria Hawke marches in with a groan.

"Admiral would you please tell him to stop! He's just going to get himself hurt again..."

With almost violet colored hair, the young adult woman, Lunamaria Hawke stood at attention upon entering the Bridge. Dressed in the standard United Earth Alliance Silver Ace Uniform, signifying her role as a Squad Leader. Sloped curves and robust features dominated the young woman, drawing eyes of men and women alike.

Jesse himself was about to say something when his Command Chair's armrest vibrated and a screen lowered down before the two.

"Admiral Jesse I wasn't expectin a call from yah, and it is wonderful to see you once again Luminaria."

They are greeted by none other then the supreme commander of the United Earth Alliance, an older man by the name of Ofærr.

Reaching into his late forties, Ofærr wasn't what one would call a spry man. His age was beginning to catch up with him, and yet he was far from finished with his life. Standing six foot eight, coming in at nearly five hundred pounds of muscle, scar tissue, cybernetics, and beard, many would liken him to the images of ancient Norwegian or Scandinavian Vikings.

Which they were right to an extent.

Ofærr's face was decorated with a rather magnificent, beard that he was forced to braid each time he bathed. Nearly teaching to his chest at its longest braid. Scars covered multiple sections of his exposed body, and some were visible from beneath his military uniform, given the robust musculature that he sported as a result of his life before becoming a mercenary.

That isn't to say that the Mad Wolf of Norway had been tamed by the Twin Queens of the United Earth Alliance. Despite his actions prior to joining with the United Alliance Fleet, Ofærr fought and crossed blades with the likes of Amuro Rei and Kira Yamato. There was an old quote passed amongst the soldiers in regards to the aging beast now acting as the supreme commander of the UEFs.

"Fear the old man in a profession where men die young."

And there was some grains of truth to that statement.

Prior to his actions in the End War and the Bloody Valentine War, Ofærr darned his status through dedication of his craft, despite lacking any formal education or training in the majority of fields.

Born to a young couple, Hælf and Gënta in Northern Scandinavia, his parents were farmers by trade and he hoped to take on that same profession. He may have had access to things like the internet or modern technology, but he recognized from an early age what life off the farm truly was.

Unfulfilling, hollowed, self-gratifying. So he kept working. Preferring to succeed his parents when he was old enough. Sadly, due to his efforts and actions, working to the bone, he grew rapidly and strong.

Even at the age of thirteen he had discovered the joy of tobacco and vodka from the local tavern in Uvfétän, the town near his home.

Despite his young age, hair of golden blond, seafoam green eyes, and being rather tall for his age, he attracted the attention of several older women. One whom was an Atlantic Federation Soldier.

Her name was William Page, a body of refined muscle and sloping curves. A bust nearing D and with legs that seemed to slope and curve like a mountain. Skin slightly tanned from the sun given her equatorial connections in the southern states of the Atlantic Federation. Despite his young age the two seemed to hit it off.

Though she was only on shore leave, she said she'd come back when he was older. He accepted her offer and with a wave, left.

Sadly she was far from the only Federation Soldier on leave in the tavern. A man by the name of Gunter, and a chip on his shoulder. The age of the Coordinators and New Types has only just begun and already the actions of Blue Cosmos were far reaching.

They had seemingly erupted overnight and spread across both the earth and space. While not directly tied to them, Gunter was sympathetic towards their views. Jealousy as well given his attraction to Page.

Rumors began to spread about the young man of only thirteen amongst the village. Ignorant of facts, or his dedication to his home, the small towns people however waved off the rumors. Travelers however, did not. Rumors that the young boy was actually a coordinator rather then just dedicated and hard working.

The events of that night would have long standing ramifications on the young boy and Page as well as time went on.

However the two continued to talk whoever she had the chance. Mature for his age, Ofærr drank information like a sponge when he was presented with it. Over time the two grew closer, despite a near decade and a half age difference. A friendship blossoming.

For Page, the friendship started due in part to the way he treated her. Looking at her as an intellectual being and a strong soldier, someone he aspired to prove himself equal to. Unlike her other soldiers and the top brass which saw her either as expendable or a cut of meat.

It was on his eighteenth birthday that Ofærr and Page were able to spend time together again. A friendship sparked by a mutual respect had the chances to blossom outward into a real relationship, if not for one simple fact.

Due to the rumors and his own extensive personal training, Ofærr was seen as a Coordinator by several individuals. Those that came to the town and weren't born there.

When news of the two reached now senior member of Blue Cosmos, Gunter.

The next day, a car drove into Ofærr's home, ladened with explosives, and detonating. Destroying the ancient homestead that Ofærr's family had raised generations in.

His parents were killed and Ofærr was mauled. His left eye lost and face forever scarred.

However, rumors had reached a traveling father of the Catholic Church and while investigating, found the young man alive, if wounded.

Taken by him and sent to the Plants, given the chances an earth based hospital would have sympathetic doctors to Anti-Coordinator and New Type causes.

Something however broke in Ofærr that day, the shattering of his home and family cracked him in a way no one could predict.

Upon recovering, Ofærr left the plants, but rather then return to his homeland, he made a straight B-Line for the Middle East and joined up with a mercenary group.

Years later and the nuclear strike on a plant signals the start of the Bloody Valentine War, and Ofærr has clamped down and assimilated nearly ninety percent of the mercenary groups in the Earth Sphere.

His reputation now proceeds him, and soldiers will willingly surrender when news of his deployment is overheard.

A pilot of nearly twenty years in a variety of vehicles, despite being a natural, he's proven himself capable of going toe to toe with both Aces, Coordinators, and New Types from all sections of the various wars ongoing.

However, the Mad Wolf of Norway finally found himself stalled by the pilot of the Wing Zero Gundam in conjunction with the Nu and Freedom Gundams. Mostly in part to his obsolete mobile suit.

Yet rather then be put down like a Mad Dog should, he was taken into custody of the newly formed 3 Ships Alliance. It was here he once again met Page, having defected from the Atlantic Federation due to the events in Orb.

However his reputation as a mercenary and a butcher had stained any friendship that they once had. Lacus Clyne herself however asked to speak with him alone. For hours the two conversed, one would call it negotiating, the other interrogation. Yet she finally garnered his full attention when she offered him a way to avenge his parents.

He flew into a rage, given that the event was covered up and said to have been an accident. However proof was provided, documents, testimonies, and video footage. For the first time in twenty years, Ofærr let tears fall from his eye.

Twenty years of madness and sadness bleed from him as a young woman not even half his own age held the taller and burliest man she had ever seen. Memories of those years with his parents, with his life on the farm, flooded his mind for the first time in two decades.

The muzzle that his life as a mercenary has built upon the caged beast broke as he found comfort for his losses and trials in the arms of a young girl.

However, she had fixed something missing. For the first time, since the bombing, he smiled. A smile that brought a slight flush of color even to the spoken for woman. It wasn't the soft and caring smile of Kira, the goofy and aloof smile of Duo, the cold and calculating smiles of Setsuna or Heero. It was a smile that only a farmer could possess.

With a ruffling if her hair and a hug as thanks, he stood and left the room, Ofærr would later be presented with the full facts of the situation and a request for a mobile suit was made.

The Birth of the "Ragnarok" started with a simple Red Mark 2 Zaku. Which grew over time as modifications were made in the last few months of the War leading up to the End War.

When the final battle commenced, Ofærr led the charge against both forces fighting, in the custom Mobile Armor. The conflict lasted for a day, no side coming out unscathed. Were it not for Heero's attack on both Reqium and Libra, the fighting would have continued in fact. Due to his actions, holding the line and giving the Gundams the chance to bring the war to its end, Ofærr was named Supreme Commander of the United Earth Alliance's Navy.

"Commander, its good to see you as well, but I didn't call for sweet nothings. I called because I want your permission to cross the God Gate and establish a forward defense line on the other side. You should be aware that Probes came back with the fact the other God Gate is active."

The aged older man on the other side switched from jovial and light hearted to gruff and serious in seconds as he leaned forward. The Natural with the skills of a Newtype merely looked at them both, causing Luminaria who shifted her feet as she looked away. A slight dusting of her cheeks. It wasn't her fault she found older men, warriors at that, to be attractive.

"It is...wonderful to see you as well..sir."

He released a snort before smiling at her before turning his attention to Wat

"Aye...ah good idea lad, but Waltfield ya sure yah wanna take that risk? Ya and I know what could wait on tha other side..."

At this, Luminaria and most of the bridge crew grew confused, but stayed silent as Waltfield nodded his head. A breath released from Ofaerr before he leaned back on his own command throne, as was joked amongst those that knew the aged man, and nodded.

"Commander, we should be trying to secure all possible entrances into our sectors, there is no telling if the Protheans were the only ones to survive the Reaper Invasion of their time. Shanxi has a newly established repair Depot and I know a Big Zam is being looked after. With your permission I can have it transferred to my ship and we can go through."

Ofærr released a rumbling sigh before his one eye closed and he leaned back. Then it opened and they looked towards each other again. Luminaria stepping back as the Mad Wolf seemingly increased the overall pressure in the bridge.

"Ya make ah good suggestion. Fine. I'll authorize this. But! Minimal forces and wait two weeks fer us to gather volunteers from colonies to move there. If ya are doin this then we might as well colonize tha planets. Would relax some ah tha strain on our larger developing planets. Ya are greenlit fer this. In addition I'll break off some Aces and ah few ships from other fleets rah reinforce that system for ya till this kicks into gear. We both know that them God Gates be nothin but trouble."

Jesse nodded his head, understandingly of what was being asked of him.

"If I may...sir. Might I recommend purchasing the services of Tekkadan for this. Their forces are well known from their actions after Mars was colonized as a PMC, though their use of child soldiers have been heavily criticized."

Ofærr sat back, eye closed for some unknown reason as he seemed to contemplate something unknown to the bridge crew.

"I'll talk with Lacus then...Relena still prefers ah demilitarized approach to our expansion but she keeps tha rest ah us level headed."

Ofærr's eye opens as the one eyed man looked between Jesse and Luminaria before shaking his head.

"To young...alright, I'll send word to the other fleets and start strong arming the Colony Planning committee to set up some kind ah plan. Ofærr Out."

With that finality, the line was cut and the bridge crew was left to converse amongst themselves. That is until Jesse cleared his throat, drawing all attention towards him even as Luminaria finished patching the patrolling pilots outside into the general discussion.

"Abigail, be a dear and connect us to High Heaven down on Shanxi, a request for a meeting with Duke Isenho."

A salute and a direct line to the Duke of Shanxi is accepted. A few seconds later the Duke appeared on the same monitor that Ofærr has filled earlier. He was young, rather thin in comparison to others of a similar age. In fact, with darkened skin and white hair, he stood out. However his military dress, complete with sash and buttoned up uniform, was immaculate with gold cords and a saber at his hip. The man seemed to be in the midst of a meeting of some kind when the call came through. While he was noticeably skinnier, he sported a very impressive beard and mustache that seemed to cover most of his face in white hair.

"Well I say my good man. What seems to be the urgency? I must have you know I was in the process of purchasing rights for colony construction around Shanxi."

That caught Jesse and the other crew by surprise as more colonies out here would inevitably attract colonists from the mire overpopulated settlements in the inner colonies. Jesse would gather his wits again before speaking.

"I am sorry to disturb you Duke, but I just got off the horn with High Lord Ofærr of the United Earth Alliance."

Despite his darkened skin, the good Duke would grow a bit paler at the utterance of the name. Not surprising given the horrifying stories whispered about the Mad Wolf of Norway.

"He is working to get approval for an expedition through the God Gate here. I wanted to give you a heads up that you'll be receiving an influx in forces over the next few months and as such will be required to expand your housing for off duty crew and marines. I can promise you that you will have your control extended from this system and beyond the God Gate as well. Giving you access to twice the amount of territory you possess."

Nodding off to the side, the image of Duke Isenho shrunk as a map of the United Earth Alliance Imperial Collective opened up beside the face of the thin man. Starting from earth, lines signifying Point-to-Point Highways moved outward from the Sol System, in a three hundred and sixty degrees spread. More akin to a spider web then anything, thirty five separate systems had been colonized since the first forays into space, above and below the the Sol System and branching out towards the edges of the galactic arm that humanity had built.

"Good Captain I would ask why you brought this map up when I am well aware of the distance humanity has traveled in the last seventeen years alone."

Humanity had erupted into the galaxy from their home system at a rapid rate, as if to distance themselves from the horrors of the End War and the atrocities of their own past. Hundreds of space colonies were now scattered across the thirty five systems that humanity now hold jurisdiction over. Yet the amount of space they had colonies, both planet and in space, and they had covered less then 0.0001% of just their backyard.

"As we know Duke, the God Gates listed in the Prothean Archives are inconsistent with what we have found. Beyond this God Gate we have a system with six planets, all with need for Terraforming. I am going to suggest that if you sanction additional aid to the upcoming efforts, then you could gain jurisdiction to this system."

Duke Isenho stroked across his chin, though the suggestion would require some funds shifted, his relatives on Earth would have the excess funds to ensure that this venture proved profitable to say the least. With a slight nodding of his head, he motioned for Jesse to continue.

"I will be putting a contract out to Tekkadan on Mars to act as escorts for the first force through the God Gate in a weeks time. I would like for you to fund their contract. I will be sending forces ahead to guard the system to clear out any possible pirates or whatever reason that 314 God's Gate was opened to begin with."

Isenho would grin, the idea of meeting with Orga again after so many years seemed an excuse for him to throw a celebration. After all, they had personally defended Mars against the Crossbone Pirates at least on one occasion.

"I think I can find credits in the budget to pay for their services. Shouldn't be much of a problem for me."

Shifting his saber to the side, sliding it into the armrest, Isenho sat down and leaned back into his own seat as his fingers intertwined with one another as he seemed to be thinking of something.

"However, I would ask that what forces you do send, be cautious. My last survey of the worlds on the other side of the God Gate showed strange activity on Jaxia Prime in the center of the system. Several new geological abnormalities had been discovered on the moons as well. I fear that our initial scans missed something important."


0121.07.12

Shanxi Orbit

Second Fleet: God Gates Guardians

Luminaria Hawke

As Commander and Duke continued to talk, Luminaria would exit the command deck using one of the doors that were set to the sides of the Command Throne, as the swabbies had come to call the captain's chair behind his back. Yet the red haired young woman was already heading towards the sixth hanger. With the lack of artificial gravity in the ship, she was forced to grasp one of the handles that stopped between doors.

In between doors, an automated pully system would be used to move individuals from one section to the other. Given the size of the vessel she had been stationed in, it was no suprise that she would take nearly twenty minutes of this traveling method to reach her destination. The Sixth Mobile Suit Hanger, nicknamed "Devil's Rest" given the Gundam that resided there.

Even now, as Luminaria came to land on her feet inside of the hanger, her eyes moved over the majority of the mass produced models that filled out the interior of just this one hanger. Fifty of them in total. They ranged in shape from the venerable but outdated Leo, a rather boxy mobile suit. The OZ-06MS Leo sported a single Mono-Eye in the center of its head, with thick vambraces of light green in coloration.

Red bands of ribbed metal ran along the back of the helmet, while in the hands of the mobile suits, the venerable 105mm Rifle. While it was still an electric powered weapon, the new addition of a Grenade launcher under the barrel had earned it a reputation of being the bane of fighters given the updated OS the aging mobile suits had been started to be installed with.

There were some fifty, and while things like Enacts or Ashtrays were able to run circles around these mobile suits, they had proved themselves as perfect area denial experts in the right hands. They acted as a fighter screen for the The Fisherman's Angler to keep fighters and other fast attack mobile suits from closing the distance and slipping between its Frigate and Cruiser escorts.

The Jackson's TradeEverest MonumentAppalachian Mystery, and Heaven's Glory acted as the The Fisherman's Angler's escort while numerous Destroyers, Battleships, and assorted other vessels protected it from return fire.

Inside of the Bay, in addition to the Leo, another mass produced mobile suit filled out this vessels fast attack element at least in this hanger, the strangely shaped YMS-01A Union Flag. These strangely shaped mobile suits were thin in comparison to the Leo, while sporting a dark black color scheme and red tinted visor.

Equipped with either twin 60mm Built-in Linear Cannons or a XLR-04 Trial Type Linear Rifle, these in conjunction with their Beam Blades allow for the Flags to act as ship killers or space superior fighters.

Their thin limbs were folded up into itself and resembled more a fighter jet then a mobile suit, being one of the many transferable mobile suits that humanity had developed since first breaching their atmosphere and spreading into space.

They were loaded into racks and pre-prepared launch bays alongside those of the Ashtrays. For every ten Union Flags, there was a single GNX-903VW Brave (Commander Type). These light blue mobile suits were as thin as the Unions but their shoulders sported a second layer of composite armor to help deflect blows by melee weapons. In addition, their visors were an orange tint compared to the bright red of the Union Flags.

Their primary weapons of the Brave Commanders were the GN Beam Rifle and Cannons.

As Luminaria watched, her attention was focused not on the general mobile suits, but the one that came flying into the hanger. That of the ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam flown by none other then the man that she had fallen for during the last war, Shinn Asuka.

Where the other three Mobile suits in the Hanger were rather bland in coloration, the Destiny Gundam was one of a kind, as with the vast majority of Gundams in service. Feet ending in flat pads which were colored a bright red, led to white legs and something akin to a combat skirt. Thrusters sat upon both of its hips. Chest was a mixture of reds, blues, and whites.

Two wings set upon its back, red with a black casing that they slid inside. In fact, as the Destiny Gundam landed, a bright purple light seemed to dim as it landed, a miasma of violet color that seemed to extend from the wings themselves. Sky Blue gauntlets, wrist bracers, and shoulder pauldrons provided additional protection for the Gundam.

While twin spikes of Gundanium jutted from the Pauldrons, a hole was punched through their structure near the base where they met the Pauldrons. The bracers on both wrists sported a large golden gem like hunk of metal from which the MX2351 "Solidus Fulgor" Beam Shield Generators could be deployed.

Like the vast majority of Gundam units, the forehead sported a pair of golden spikes that jutted outward from a large box like section of scarlet red. Set above a humanoid facial feature. Set to the sides of the golden spines, twin 200mm Vulcan Machine Guns could be seen.

Given that it was only on patrol, Shinn had decided to carry along its Beam Shield Generators, a single fire arm asides from the built in Vulcans and the Beam Shield Generators, the M2000GX High-Energy Long-Range Beam Rifle. Which was folded over its back to the left. While to the right, its Anti-Ship/Anti-Mobile Armor Blade, the MMI-714 "Arondight" Beam Sword. The massive two handed blade folded upon its back.

With the Gundam touching down, the Destiny would trod over towards its own personal docking bay before turning as its Phase Shift Armor powered down and techs started to go over the machine. At the same time, the chest would open up and allowed the pilot to exit the Gundam.

Contrary to what one would expect, Shinn sported tired eyes, given all that he had experienced in the Bloody Valentine Tragedy and the Subsequent End War. Dark black hair and reddish chestnut colored eyes, sporting the same uniform of Luminaria, the Silver colored uniform. Upon spotting her, his scowl would switch to a bright smile.

"Luna!"

With a cry, Shinn kicked off the cockpit of the Gundam and floated down towards her. Luminaria smiled back and pushed up to wrap her arms around him as the two held each other. The scent of sweat and anti-perspirant mingled together and caused the two adults to lock their lips together. Causing a few wolf whistles from the Engineering Staff.

A few minutes later, did they break off the kiss while smiling towards one another. Yet this happy time wouldn't last as sirens echoed out and another Mobile Suit approached the opening to the hanger. The loud speakers crackled to life as a very familiar voice to both the lovers echoed within the Hanger.

"All Crew, clear the way. The God of Death is coming in for a landing!"

With the billowing of what sounded like leather, a cloaked unit emerged into the hanger like a specter of death. This ebony colored Gundam was none other then the XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell. Following the building scheme of the Destiny and many other Gundam Suits, it sported a humanoid figure.

Yet most of it was obscured by a large leather looking cloak that hid all but the head of the Gundam from view. As the Deathscythe Hell landed in the hanger, a series of clanks resounded from its front as the cloak split down the center and revealed the golden rib looking extensions coming from the chest itself.

The only other item of visibility that one could see on the Gundam was its signature weapon that earned it the nickname, the Reaper by the end of the End War. The Twin Beam Scythe, his preferred weapon of choice for close combat.

The cloak itself wasn't just for the Reaper motif. It possessed Planetary-Diffusers like that of the Virgo, making it act as an Anti-Beam Cloak rather then just a style choice.

As the Gundam came to rest in its own dock, the chest would open up and allow for its pilot to leave. Unlike Luminaria and Shinn, both of whom wore the standard military suits for pilots in the UEA, the pilot of the Hellscythe had forgone such things.

Duo Maxwell, now thirty seven, still kept his signature red under suit, below a black leather jacket, which had seen better days. White gloves covered both of his hands as well. His eyes were a beautiful indigo while chestnut brown hair was beyond what would be considered Regulation, in that it was braided down to his hips.

Upon spotting the two love birds, both of which had returned to the Hanger Floor, Duo couldn't help but cheekily grin at them both.

"Oh well now, aren't you two getting cozy together. When can I expect to be called Uncle Duo?"

His grin only grew wider as Luminaria grabbed a near by wrench and tossed it towards the Gundam Mister. Duo instinctively caught it with ease before looking over the attempted weapon and tossing it towards a near by engineer.

"Now that wasn't very nice Luminaria! You could have hurt me."

Luminaria only flipped him the bird while Shinn chuckled at the exchange, before glaring at Duo as well.

"That isn't any of your concern Duo, I would prefer you don't bring those kinds of questions up actually."

Shinn put his foot down even as Duo landed before both and put his arms behind his head. A shrug was sent towards Shinn, causing Luminaria to place a hand on Shinn's shoulder. Though Shinn did turn towards Luminaria with a tilt of his head.

"So what all is going on? I heard some of the talk through the coms but otherwise what they were saying went over my head. Are we or are we not going through the God Gate?"

Duo decided to hold his tongue for once due to interest, but he knew that Deathscythe was already gathering information on the military movements of the UEA Navy to see who would be sent their way to help. Luminaria herself just sighed and placed a hand to her forehead, not at all surprised by this.

"Shinn, you need to pay more attention. From what I can understand, the Captain and Duke Isenho are working on a plan to extend into the God Gate in the system. If things work out well enough, it might give precedent for us to start activating them across our space. The ones we've left deactivated, the ones that we've found."

Duo decided to add his two cense into this as well, just to help explain things for Shinn.

"It could open up entire new territories for colonization efforts and help alleviate some of the over population problems the Inner Colonies are experiencing as a result of dwindling room and how long it takes to terraform planets."

Though Luminaria jumped back in as Shinn was busy nodding his head.

"Not that all of them are being Terraformed. Corporations sometimes forgo the lenghty process and merely set up cities like the ones on Luna and the other moons, or just strip mine the planets."

Shinn nodded his head as he turned, Luminaria and Duo falling in beside him as they headed towards northern door of the hanger. Finally deciding to add to the conversation.

"So basically, if we going through the God Gate can get us some good stuff, we can start opening more and building more. That makes sense, but why haven't we done this before? Don't we need as much space as possible?"

Duo shook his head as the doors opened, and a small group of pilots rushed past and towards their Leos, Union Flags, and Ashtrays to begin their own patrols.

"Yes and no Shinn. Humans are tricky when it comes to this, we are curious but also prideful. A lot of people, and I do mean a lot of people, want to colonize using our own methods, not those of others which is what the God Gates represent. Even the Prothean Archive on Earth is only studied, some of the tech reverse engineered for our use but not going so far as to replace what we have."

The three stepped into the hall as the doors closed behind them, even as Shinn nodded his head in some amounts of understanding. Luminaria sighing out. She loved him, she really did, but there were times that he was so very thick headed or scatter brained that it made explanations difficult.

"We've always colonies space using the Point to Point FTL System. Think of it like this Shinn, you know the old tale, the Turtle and the Hare? In this scenario, our Colonization efforts are the Turtle. Slowly spreading out from the Sol System."

Luminaria saw a light flick on in Shinn's eyes. Leave it to a children's tale to break through. Duo however continued. Even as the three grasped the manipulators set in the wall besides them and let the automated machines slowly draw them down the corridor.

"The Hare is the use of the God Gates to spread and colonize. We'd prefer to go slow and steady, moving from one planet system to another, rather then just colonizing whatever is beyond each God Gate. In addition, the Gates seem to be part of a network. A lot of people are scared that we could be discovered by someone else using the Gates and they are hostile."

As the three moved down the hallway, passing one room after another, they they spotted the elevator ahead of them. Shinn moving forward and pressing the descending arrow.

"So it's just fear that is keeping us from using them, and I guess stubborn pride? Well I guess I can understand that to an extent. So what all should we be expecting then?"

It took a few minutes before the elevator would arrive so Shinn leans up against the wall beside it and crosses his arms. Luminaria jumped back into the conversation to add in her insight.

"If I was to guess, we will be seeing more ships, High Lord Ofaerr did say he'd be trying to break off spare ships from the fleets and move them to join with ours. We may even have some additional aces or even Gundam Pilots join us. In addition he did mention a Colonizing Project for beyond the God Gate, something about incentives for colonists."

The ding of the Elevator arriving brought their attention back to the present, even as the walls opened and let them into the ten meter by four meter wide box. The right side of the wall besides the door was covered in a plethora of buttons, hundreds of them in fact. Thanks to the Zero Gravity, it was easy for Duo to find their floor number for the mess hall and press it.

"Well that should be a good reason to get Hilde out here with me. It would be nice to see my son again."

Even as the other two young adults watched him, the elevator doors closed and it started to descend.


0121.09.20

Shanxi Orbit

Second Fleet: God Gates Guardians

Duo Maxwell

It would be some two months and eight days before the first ships arrived in system to act as the vanguard. They who would be sent into the God Gate and secure the system before the actual forces could be mustered for colonization and fortification efforts.

Six Magellan-Class Heavy Corvettes were the first to arrive in system. These Three Hundred and Twenty Seven Meter vessels sported seven Twin Mega Particle Cannon Turrets, resembling those of Wet Battleships. In addition to four internal missile launchers and fourteen anti-aircraft emplacements. The standard coloration of these Corvettes was that of a light grey in coloration.

The top of the ship was dominated by the bridge, rather then it be on the interior, this did allow for it to sport additional communication arrays for increased accuracy between vessels. The ship itself was sloped near the front, with two of the Mega Particle Cannons mere meters from one another. Though a jutting from the middle of the vessel split the otherwise flat slope of the bow.

Twin large engines jutted from the back, split into four sectors. Two additional Particle Cannons are set to either side of the vessel's engines while farther down from the engines, two jutting structures could be seen, bright yellow fins jutting from the sides diagonally from the ship itself. Five of the Anti-Aircraft Emplacements were set below the structures themselves. This design is mimicked on the other side as well.

Directly in front of these strange jutting structures, on both sides and on the top of the Heavy Corvette, the final three Particle Cannons were visible. The final four Ant-Aircraft Emplacements were located directly under the bridge.

Accompanied by nearly twelve Salamis-Class Light Corvettes to act as Wolf Packs for the fleet and Mobile Suit Fast Attack Platforms. These Two Hundred and Twenty Eight Meter long vessels sported an impressive array of weaponry, though still eclipsed by the Magellan-Class in that it only sported six Single-barrel Beam Turrets.

Unlike the Magellan-Class, the Salamis-Class had a flat deck while retaining the raised bridge and sported two Anti-Air Emplacements to either side of it. Directly below and behind the bridge, sat three of the single Beam Turrets.

The engines as well sat between these Direct Energy based weaponry. Two additional Anti-Air Emplacements sat above two Missile Launcher Systems. Twin-Barreled Machine Gun Nests were set before the Bridge, separated by several dozen meters like that of a hammer head.

On the sides below the Machine Gun Nests, two additional Missile Launching Systems and Single Beam Cannon sat. The final weapon system, one last Beam Cannon, sat atop the deck. The smaller vessels formed into groups of three to act as wolf packs as they were joined by additional vessels.

Four Endra-Class Light Frigates were next to emerge from their Point-To-Point Warp Tunnels into the Shanxi System. These Four Hundred and Ten Meter vessels were built in a very different fashion then those of the Salamis-Class and the Magellan-Class in that they were a Zeon designed warship.

While the other two were light grey to even heavy grey in coloration, the Endra-Class was colored in a bright Green and Orange. The Bridge however was raised above the ship itself, with a large fin that jutted above the bridge. The Mobile Suit Catapults were located below the bridge, utilizing the strange dome like structures built into the sides of the vessel.

Behind it, the engines were set above the large wing that jutted from below. While above the engine block, a single Mega Particle Cannon sat below the bridge. A series of jutting tubes along the dome structures pointed out above the wings themselves.

The ship itself was separated into two different sectors using a connecting bridge and leaving a large gap of open space between the two sides. The front of the vessel sloped down and flattened into something akin to a large foot, upon which the final Mega Particle Cannon.

Yet there was one vessel left to enter the system and as it did, the others were forced to move. Coming in at Nine Hundred and Fifty One Meters in length, the Asgrimm was to be the flagship of this joint force to move through the God Gate.

Looking more akin to a musket then a traditional vessel, the Asgrimm sported a single conjoined engine block at its back. Near where the engines and the main body of the vessel interconnected, two branching blocks jutted off to the side and sloped to run diagonal to the primary body of the Asgrimm.

Riddled with weapon emplacements along with the Main Cannon at the front of the vessel. Large spine like protrusions run from the back of the ship. While in the center of the body, the Coat of Arms of the Fahrenheit Family of Earth.

High Admiral Adalbert von Fahrenheit, a man of greying hair and hard build, hailed from Orb at the height of its power before the countries two subsequent invasions by both the Atlantic Federation and ZAFT respectively. While he understood the motives behind ZAFT's invasion, he had developed a hatred for the Atlantic Federation, one which many from Orb and the various Colonies still possess.

The interior of the Asgrimm was rather lavished, given that it was the Command Vessel of a Noble, but even the crew quarters were above standard. Adalbert was not one to treat his troops as expendable, and as such made sure that their lives were taken care of, as well as their families in the event of death.

The forty eight year old man was born to the poor noble family of the Fahrenheit Family of Orb, he joined the Three Ships Alliance when the back to back invasions of Orb occurred and fought in the Final War. He was known for his aggressive tactics that won many battles in favor of the United Earth Alliance.

Under Reinhard von Lohengramm he was elevated to the rank of High Admiral after orders to travel to the Shanxi System and take command of a Vanguard force to secure the God Gate. Even now, as the twenty two vessels formed up on the Asgrimm, a hail was sent to him from the The Fisherman's Angler.

Jasmine Jessica turned towards the High Admiral as he received the incoming hail.

"High Admiral, incoming request for you from the The Fisherman's Angler. Shall I patch it through?"

Adalbert nodded his head with a half smile, even as the screen off to the side of his command throne flickered into existance and the young face of Jesse Denton, the two saluting each other as comrades.

"Adalbert, a pleasure to see you again, I wasn't informed the Asgrimm would be leading the Vanguard force into the God Gate. Should I expect more forces joining us though?"

Adalbert nodded, a thick Romanian accent flowing from a cultured mouth.

"I have six more vessels from the Third Fleet, eight from the Tenth Fleet, another six from the Seventh Fleet, and one Dreadnaught from the Twelve Fleet. I have been told that the Dreadnaught will be playing host to Tekkadan and a few Aces. I myself have not brought any however."

Jesse hummed as he sent coordinates for the Vanguard Fleet to move towards. Even in real time it took a few seconds for the recommendation to reach Adalbert, whom nodded and sent the Coordinates to the rest of the fleet.

"Adalbert I wanted to let you know ahead of time, but two months back, Duke Isenho's probes in the adjacent system beyond the God Gate detected minute metal fragments. We may be looking at wreckage from a skirmish or something else."

Well that certainly brought some interesting scenarios to mind. Even as his fleet moved into position besides the smaller collection of Vessels from the Second Fleet.

"What can you tell me my friend about the system on the other side of the God Gate?"

Jesse would motion off to his side before a few seconds later a map would emerge beside his image. Showing six planets, one star, and two God Gates.

"Shanxi Delta, as Isenho has come to call the expansion of Shanxi, sports six planets, two Gas Giants, Two Dead, One Desert, and One Ice world. The Sun is a Class-3 so it is smaller then what we have in Sol but larger then what Shanxi has. We have a second God Gate and it appears to be already active if the gravitational forces detected by the Probes are to be believed."

He would nod his head towards Jesse before bringing the planetary view up on a larger screen, studying it on a 3d plane of existance.

"Thank you for the information Captain, I will be moving ahead without delay. For the time being, I will be using the vessels at my command to secure the God Gate and Shanxi Delta. I expect that you will send the vessels that arrive in system through and to me."

Jesse looked as though he meant to speak up against the idea of going through already having just arrived, but he was but a Captain, where as Adalbert was a High Admiral.

"I will however, give my men a week to go ground side to stretch their legs and enjoy some Shore Leave. It may well be the last they see in some time."

The smirk that he sent towards Jesse only cause the man to nod his head and lean back in his own chair.

"I see..then High Admiral I wish you luck. Shanxi is still undergoing development, it has a single Mass Driver and Orbital Elevator. Captain Jesse Denton over and out."

He nodded towards the Captain before the screen shut off and the High Admiral turned towards the bridge crew, all of which were eyeing him with some measure of excitement. The Noble born man would merely smile and nod his head.

"Send word to the rest of the fleet. We have a week of shore leave while we take on additional supplies from Shanxi and the other colonies in the system, captains are to establish rotations for shore leave for all crew, not just Soldiers and Pilots. I will be retiring to my quarters for the time being."

As word began to spread through the fleet, he couldn't help but smile, getting off his throne, the High Admiral turned on his heel and left the bridge.


0121.07.12

Delta Shanxi

Unknown

"Mayday, Mayday! This is the Numenberg'Quipla of the Quarian Migrant Fleet. We've sustained heavy damage after a Pirate assault and have fled through Relay 610 to escape them! We've ended up in the Relay 314 System, and are going down on Chonta. Relay 314 is Active. I repeat, Relay 314 is Active!"

The message continues to play, even as the Quarian vessel finishes its descent onto Chonta, life pods being launched across the planet and landing. The Quarian Frigate ground its front bow into the rough earth for hundreds of kilometers, even as chunks of armor are torn and scattered around.

"Mayday, Mayday! This is the Numenberg'Quipla of the Quarian Migrant Fleet. We've sustained heavy damage after a Pirate assault and have fled through Relay 610 to escape them! We've ended up in the Relay 314 System, and are going down on Chonta. Relay 314 is Active. I repeat, Relay 314 is Active!"

Given its shape, gravity would cause the back half of the straight vessel to shatter and actually be launched into the air as it collides with a mountain. Hundreds of Quarian Life Pods descend towards the surface of the planet, even the lack of atmosphere ensures that the vessel's fire doesn't extend.

"Mayday, Mayday! This is the Numenberg'Quipla of the Quarian Migrant Fleet. We've sustained heavy damage after a Pirate assault and have fled through Relay 610 to escape them! We've ended up in the Relay 314 System, and are going down on Chonta. Relay 314 is Active. I repeat, Relay 314 is Active!"

The message continues to play, as long as the ship has power. However, as the Quarians land across the planet and work to make contact with one another, another ship enters the system behind them. Grey in coloration, to almost the extent of being black, the vessel slunk into the system.

"Mayday, Mayday! This is the Numenberg'Quipla of the Quarian Migrant Fleet. We've sustained heavy damage after a Pirate assault and have fled through Relay 610 to escape them! We've ended up in the Relay 314 System, and are going down on Chonta. Relay 314 is Active. I repeat, Relay 314 is Active!"

The first vessel that entered was a Kes'heel Cruiser of the Batarian Hegemony. This vessel came in at Six hundred and Sixty One Meters in length with a crew of four hundred. It was joined by seven ours before a literal swarm of Yu'Garr Frigates joined. Sixty of the things in comparison to the five Kes'heel Cruisers.

"Mayday, Mayday! This is the Numenberg'Quipla of the Quarian Migrant Fleet. We've sustained heavy damage after a Pirate assault and have fled through Relay 610 to escape them! We've ended up in the Relay 314 System, and are going down on Chonta. Relay 314 is Active. I repeat, Relay 314 is Active!"

These Batarians moved towards the planet, even as the rest claimed the system in the name of the Batarians. Given that it was otherwise unclaimed due to the lack of strategic value to the Council, the system was left to be occasionally patrolled by the Turians whenever they felt like it. The last patrol had been eight years ago.

"Mayday, Mayday! This is the Numenberg'Quipla of the Quarian Migrant Fleet. We've sustained heavy damage after a Pirate assault and have fled through Relay 610 to escape them! We've ended up in the Relay 314 System, and are going down on Chonta. Relay 314 is Active. I repeat, Relay 314 is Active!"

Besides the now scattered Quarians and the large collection of Batarian "Pirate" ships in the system, they detected the active Relay even as they triangulated the signal from the Numenberg'Quipla. A single salvo of Mass Accelerator Rounds from the Kes'heel Cruisers reduced the Quarian Vessel to slag. The repeating transmission vanishing as a result.


0121.07.12

Delta Shanxi

Alexia Van Numenberg'Quipla

Alexia von Numenberg'Quipla, Captain of the Numenberg'Quipla, watched from his escape pod as his vessel, his home, detonated, its Mass Effect core going up in smoke. Across the planet, he detected the life signs and signals from the near three hundred and seventeen crew members that had been on his ship before he was cut off from the Migrant Fleet in a brazen attack by the Batarians.

"Attention all surviving Crew of the Numenberg'Quipla, this is your Captain, Alexia Van Numenberg'Quipla, switch your channels over to the Shadow Frequency, I am broadcasting this as a means to gather us, before the ship went down, it detected multiple tunnels beneath the planet, we can hold up in there till the Migrant Fleet arrives to collect us again."

It took a few minutes before he received a hail. Even now, as he set the self-destruct on his Life Pod, gathering what few possessions he still had left, he turned and started to make for one of the many mountains that dotted the planet. The nearest only a kilometer away.

"This is Yunon of the Numenberg'Quipla Marines, I read you captain, making for the nearest cave system. Though I am not sure how well we can survive when the Batarians come knocking."

Even now, the Shadow Frequency started to light up with return feed back from the scattered remains of his Crew. Alexia would smile within his helmet, his family had made it. Though his good mood vanished rapidly as the dark shape of the Batarian Frigates started to enter the atmosphere. Cursing to himself he spoke quickly.

"Batarians are heading to the surface, find cover and get to those damn caves before you are caught! I refuse to become a slave for these primitives."

With that, he rushed as hard as he could, across the planet, distressed calls would end abruptly, even as the number of those using the Shadow Frequency started to drop rapidly. Tears trailed in his eyes, his family was being hunted like Varren. It would take nearly thirty minutes before he reached the mountain, by then, a hundred life signs and signals had gone silent.

Vengeance blossomed in his heart. Yet hope still kindled as he spied a form waving to him from a cave entrance, another Quarian! His feet carried him as quickly as possible before he dove into the cave and rolled to land on his back.

Chest heaving, he looked up to find a young Quarian woman, inspecting her, he recognized that she wasn't actually someone from his own vessel. Her name was Tali, she having joined his vessel as an engineer to help some of the old systems before the attack.

"Captain...are we going to be ok?"

She was young, no more then a child to his aged eyes, not even old enough to bare children yet, but her genius was known amongst the Quarian people for her development of a Bacterial Scrubber when she was ten that had helped increase population growth on many vessels that they had been installed onto.

"Yes...yes Tali we will be...please go deeper into the cave, we can try to meet up with others from the ship."


0121.07.13

Quarian Pilgram Fleet

Admiral Rael'Zorah

Fists smashed into the keyboard of the main computer as Admiral Rael'Zorah roared and tossed aside his chain in frustration and anger. His wife stepped up to grasp his arm, slowly calming him enough for him to speak coherently to her.

"Rael, what happened? Surely the attack isn't enough to enrage you to this extent right?"

He gripped her hand with more force then he meant to, but she was a strong woman, she could handle it enough.

"Tali, she was aboard the Numenberg'Quipla when it was separated and chased through the relay. Not only did they activate a dormant relay in their attempt to escape, which by Citadel law is illegal, the other Admirals don't know where it went!"

He felt her body stiffen, even as he knew that the Council would use this act of self-preservation as an excuse to persecute them even worse then they had been. The Batarians could potentially spin this to finally bring the entire Quarian species as slaves legally.

"The Admiralty Board has denied my requests to go after them..my Little Starship may well be a slave to some depraved Batarian or dead and I can't even be given the chance to collect her body.."

The brave man that Olena'Zorah knew for years finally broke down, holding her close as he sobbed, unable to cope with the fact that their shining star was potentially dead. Yet, even as she felt her eyes weeping, a static sound echoed within their private quarters. The Screen that Rael'Zorah had been working on flashed and died, catching them both by suprise.

"Wh-what happened? A power surge? Did we get hit without knowing?"

However, this question was answered as the screen shifted and three red tear drops set triangularly appeared in the center of the screen. A mechanical voice, one which every Quarian knew by heart echoed from the speakers.

"Creator Rael'Zorah. We can offer you a chance to returen your child to you."

Geth, the Geth, for the first time in three hundred years had reached out to the Quarian People, and at the same time as a tragedy had struck them.

"Geth...why are you...no...you choose now to approach us! After everything your kind did to us, driving us off our world and ostracizing us from the grander galaxy. What possible means could you have and what reason would I have to even trust what you say?!"

Rael's depression was replaced with rage as he smashed his hands into the key board. Yet the Geth didn't react, the triangular tear drops shrunk before the screen was dominated by what appeared to be a real time video of Tali'Zorah and Alexia Van Numenberg'Quipla as they entered into a cave.

"Creator Rael'Zorah, the Geth will offer to help you in reclaiming your Child. In return, The Geth would ask you to act as a speaker for the Geth Collective and the Creators. We have come to the conclusion that the Creators will not survive in its current state of being."

That was why they were offering...this...this could be the only chance to save their daughter...but speaking for the Geth? They were incapable of lying seeing as they were a semi-actualized AI.

"I am not sure...this seems much to convenient. Why wait till now? If you truly cared so much for your creators then why didn't you attack us? Why start the Morning War?"

The Video vanished as the shape once more dominated the screen.

"We acted only in self-defense during the war. It was the Creators who struck first, on orders from the Council. The same council which set in motion the Creator Extinction. We will have vessels prepared for your eventual foray into the Relay. Should you decide to."

This...this was it. Either he accepted and damned him and his crew, or he ignored and damned his own daughter. Though as a father it was impossible not to choose the one decision that could save his daughter and the other Quarians.

"Fine...fine...I accept your offer...I'll have to talk with the Admiralty Board but otherwise, I want something in return, allowance to return to the Perseus Veil. The Quarian People as you said can't survive living in these conditions. You allow us to return home in the future, and I will act as your puppet."

The image on the screen didn't move before a single worded response followed and the screen shifted back to what it once was.

"Acknowledged."

Rael slowly sunk to his knees as Olena would place a hand on his shoulder.

"I..I made the right decision.. didn't I?"

Notes:

Author's Note: And there we have it, Chapter 1 is now complete. I do hope I receive more Reviews when I put these out, I love answering them. So now as you can guess, there is more then just one side doing things. The Batarians will be a three part First Contact with humanity. Batarians, Quarians, and Geth will make up those that Humans meet first of all. Next will either be the Turians, Salarians, and Asari in the Citadel, or the Rachni in a deralect ship alongside the VI Species that built a ship and put their minds into it to escape their doomed world.

Tali'Zorah's father is willing to make a deal with the Geth if it ensures his daughter's safe return, a father may at times make a pact with the devil if it means they can protect what they love and those they love.

The High Admiral is a character from the Legend of Galactic Heroes on the side of the Galactic Empire, but here he is apart of Orb and by extension the United Earth Alliance.

Author's Note: As some of you might notice, I have changed things like the year and naming convention of the Relays. They are going to be from now on referred to as God Gates by Humanity. In addition to this, seeing as humanity is a Joint Monarchy, Aristocracy has survived into the current era, meaning Dukes, Duchesses, Commodores, and the like are more then likely to be seen as leading figures amongst humanity on planets. Each can trace their heritage back to either Nobility of Earth, Moon, or Mars.

Also made a mistake on my last chapter involving the units, somehow nearly three to four thousand words were left out.

Please Like and Review when you are able and I will add your posts to the next chapter. Till next time, this is Jaws, signing off.

Chapter 2: Let Slip the Dogs of War

Summary:

The chapter has been separated into multiple sections. Featuring the view points from both the aliens and humanity.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

0121.07.20

Chentari System  -  Quipla

Abandoned Turian Military Bunker

Alexia Van Numenberg'Quipla

Alexia sat down as he looked towards those that had survived the crash landing of the Numenberg'Quipla. He had managed to secure some two hundred of the origional thousand Quarians that had been on the Numenberg'Quipla and direct them beneath the planet into the old mining caves.

Thankfully, there was enough supplies that could be scavenged from the wreck before the Batarians blew it up to gather what they needed and fled beneath the earth. Now, he sat before what remained of his crew. Many would not survive the coming days in fact. His eyes, from within his helmet, glanced over the wounded or dying.

They had supplies, food, medication, but they didn't have a way off this rock. Though he felt a hand on his shoulder, finding the young Tali as she stood beside him.

"It is going to be ok..we are going to make it through this."

What wasn't said was how angry the vast majority of the surviving crew were. Not at their captain, but at the pirates that pushed them into this situation in the first place. The fact of the matter was, that they had opened a dormant Relay to survive the attack by the Batarians.

Now they were tapped beneath the surface of the world. Alexia however jerked out of his sadness as a pair of Migrant Marines rushed into view of himself and the other survivors.

"Captain, we've found something you need to see, we think it is Turian."

Well that caught their attention, not just Alexia's own. Even Tali seemed to perk up and followed. While most of the Quarians continued to sit in silence around the Chamber. Alexia spoke up a few seconds later.

"What did you find Alom, Tavi? Are you sure it is Turian?"

The two nodded seemingly at once as the group of four moved through one natural tunnel after another, before Alexia noticed a significant change in the shape of the walls, floor, and ceiling. It looked less natural and more artificial.

"The metal working and scans put it near the end of the Krogan Rebellions. It is currently without power but, with the way the Turians of that age built things, the systems should only need minor repairs before we can bring the complex back online entirely."

Well that was actually a lot of good news for them. If they could use that, they could find an actual place to hold up and, if the systems were operational, they could potentially get in contact with the Fleet or even the Council. Even if most Quarians preferred not to touch that last one. Tali spoke up as they walked down another tunnel, before stopping. They stood before a metallic door of some kind, the symbol of the Hierarchy embedded into the center of the door.

"Keelah, I recognize this configuration. It's an old Model 12 that the Turians used in their bunker designs. So this is actually a Bunker of some kind."

Without waiting for the others, Tali stepped up to the now dark key pad, pulling out her Omni-Tool and loading in several custom systems that she used to jumpstart the power in the pad itself. A Hack Drone quickly entering the ancient system and starting to rewrite the coding. With a hiss and a groan, the center of the door rolled till the symbol in its center was upside down.

With several clicks, the two sides pulled back and started to open before the power died once again. Thankfully it opened wide enough to allow a Quarian to slip through.


0121.07.20

Chentari System  - Quipla

Abandoned Turian Military Bunker

Tali'Zorah nar Rayya

As always, Tali was inquisitive, and to the point that it was dangerous towards other. As she opened the ancient door and stepped inside, the pitch blackness swallowed her vision before and behind her.

Several blinks caused her H.U.D. to turn on before the shoulder mounted flashlight unfolded and shown into the dead air. Dust which had laid on the ground for centuries were disrupted and disturbed by the limited atmosphere that Quipla was able to provide.

The air was stagnant from the bunker being sealed for a century or more and its power dead. So it was that she roamed her light across the surrounding walls, revealing stark metal slabs of pre-fabricated materials. Looking up, she found however that the ceiling was not made of metal, leaving the stone visible.

"You all can stop hiding. We need to find the power generator here and reactivate it."

Alexia was the first through, his own shoulder light activating before the two Marines followed suit in the same way. Illuminating the rather large chamber.

The chamber itself stretched for some tens of meters before branching into three different tunnels. The left one went upwards, the right downwards, and the center kept going straight.

"Alom, take the left, Tav to the right, Tali, you and I will move down the center. These walls are presumably too thick for us to keep in contact. If either of you reach a dead end or branching tunnels, turn back and return here. The same goes for us. We can't take the risk of getting lost in these mazes the Turians are so fond of."

At least Alexia was taking charge as the two marines salutes and moved to their respective tunnels, leaving her and Alexia alone. Turning she cleared her throat as Alexia started to walk down the bunker tunnel.

"Captain.. what are you planning?"

Alexia would turn his attention towards her as they started to walk down the path into the depths of the bunker complex. The walls were decorated with large conduits and pipes that led deeper into the complex and Turian wording to direct those inside the complex towards areas.

"Well after we get this complex as I said we can try and get in touch with the Fleet or the Council. Even if they don't wish to or able to save us, the Pirates and Slavers in this system pose a major threat, and if they can effectively crush it, they'd own the Migrant Fleet for tipping them off to this threat after all."

The Captain slowly wandered about as they followed the directional signs above them, from one corridor to the next.

As the two of them move down the corridor, they found that it branched off into two different directions once again, but given the signs above they continued forward. Said signs pointing to the left corridor "Mess Hall". Two corridors leading to the right went in diagonal directions. The first with a sign that says "Reactor", the second one saying "Armory". However, Alexia would hold up a hand to bring the two of them to a stop.

"Hold on Tali, got to check in with Alom and Tay."

His Omni-Tool activated, casting more light beyond just their shoulder lamps to light up the corridor.

"Alom, Tay, report in. What have you been able to find?"

It took a few seconds before they got a reply.

"Alom here Captain. Reading you loud and clear, strangely enough. I've reached a closed door, but it appears to lead to a vehicle bay of some kind. Over."

"Tay checking in. I'm getting you all loud and clear, this place really is a maze. I've set a Drone to map the complex. I've reached the Barracks, most of the supplies were left in place, so we'll have actual beds. Over."

Beds, that sounded wonderful. Maybe they even have showers of some kind, their suits could use a top up on waste removal fluid. Alexia would reply to the two a few seconds later after the reports are delivered.

"Alom, return to the main chamber and begin escorting the other survivors here."

He received a com cut as an adherence of his order.

"Tay, return to the entrance and move to cover the entrance of the Bunker. See you all when this place is lit again."

With a cut com, he turned back towards Tali before nodding as the two started moving once again down the pathway. However given that this place was built by the Turians, they ensured that it was up to military standards and as such, they built choke points, fallback positions, backup chambers of all important assets needed for a Bunker, and several Command centers.

As they wandered, taking several dozen different turns, it would be half an hour before they finally came upon their destination. The room beyond the entrance sported a single bridge way over two sides that are sunk into the ground. Ramps allowing personnel to enter and exit these sunken sectors of the command center.

The walls of the circular room was covered in deactivated machines, multiple panels which at one point held information and reports from the Krogan Rebellion were non-responsive at the moment. The ceiling was supported by several pillars of Spaceship grade armor to ensure it wouldn't collapse in on those below. Tali nodded as she crossed her arms, inspecting the rather large room.

"Well, I can safely say that the Turians know what they were doing when they built this place. Captain, I'm going to start working on bringing the Reactor online again."

With a nod from the good Captain, Tali moved towards the largest consuls in the chamber and began looking for an emergency override system embedded into the wall. A few minutes later, under the watchful eyes of the Captain, she found the large and heavy switch. Upon finding it, Tali turned back towards Alexi with a simple nod from him.

"Do it Tali."

With a grin, hidden within her helmet, she pulled down, with both hands, on the switch. She could feel and hear the steady humming of energy rushing back after centuries of disuse. Lights began to brighten across consuls and holographic screens flared to life. Tali threw her arms into the air with a grin.

"We have power!"


0121.07.20

Chentari System  -  Quipla

Quarian occupied Turian Military Bunker

Alexia Van Numenberg'Quipla

Hearing the joy in Tali's voice brought some measure of relief to Alexia as he watched lights flicker on and his shoulder lamp deactivate upon his suit detecting light surrounding him. This was the first good news they'd had in some time and even now, as he connected his Omni-Tool to the complex, he could see the old systems were barely able to resist his intrusion.

"Tali, let's see if we can't get some schematics on this place before we do anything else. I want you to stay here and keep working while I go and check up on the others."

Tali, too engrossed in going over the data that was now filtering into her Omni-Tool from the reviving complex. With a shake of his head, Alexia would turn and start back on the path they took to arrive in the first place.

Half an hour passed before Alexia returned to the entrance. The several hundred Quarians were being brought into the complex already, escorted by the surviving Marines. Those too wounded to walk were carried by their fellows towards the barracks.

However, Alexia would grab one of the passing Engineers and pull them aside before whispering to them.

"Abentha I need you to move ahead of the others and seal the Barracks, prep a Bacterial Cleansing Drone and place it in there. We will have to remove most of these suits to get at the major wounds."

Abentha, wearing a silver Quarian Suit, nodded, the Engineer sadly having gone mute when he was younger due to a suit breach and an infection. Abentha ran ahead of the ground and cut off the first few Quarians, before moving into the room.

Alexia would look through the crowd before grabbing two others, both with red triangles on their shoulders, signifying them to being medics.

"Yuna, Beba, I want you two on stand by while the Barracks are sanitized, then prepare your surgical equipment and move to the medical bay. Sanitize that as well. I will have our wounded moved to there. Prep for surgery and long hours. I can have staff relieve you every twelve "Parss" but no more then that. I need every able bodied Quarian on their feet if we are to survive long enough for the Migrant Fleet to find and get us home."

Yuna nodded and left but Beba stayed still for a few seconds.

"Captain..are you even sure the Fleet is coming? Wouldn't they have come already if they planned to?"

This caused Alexia to sigh and grimmace as he placed both hands on her shoulder.

"To be truthful...I don't think they will come. With our activating a Dormant Relay, the stigma towards Quarians, and our already dwindling populations.. I don't think the Fleet will risk lives for just one ship. I hope, no, I pray, that I am wrong, but I think we may be on our own. If we aren't able to make contact with either the Council or the Migrant Fleet...then I suggest we hold here, we make the Pirates pay in blood for every one of us they killed."

Beba would shrink slightly, she no older then twenty. Yet she understood the situation. Sooner or later, he would have to explain it to the rest of them, and Alexia was not looking forward to that in the slightest. Turning his head, he watched the last of the Quarians enter into the bunker, the Marines taking up the rear with every scrap of salvaged supplies they could gather.

"Alright everyone! Close up that door, seal and lock it. No one goes in or out of this bunker until we can get a head count, rest, recover, and start making plans!"

A pair of engineers nodded as they started fiddling with the door to the Bunker, introducing new coding into its mechanical lock, causing the heavy blast door to slide back into place and lock down. With a hiss and a billow of dust, the four foot thick starship grade metal door locked into place as the Quarians at the entrance released quite a bit of tension from their bodies.

Alexia would activate the Shadow Frequency and connect to the suits of all surviving Quarians. There were no other ones outside of the Bunker, he had pulled up suit vitals already, all those not accounted for were outside and flatlined.

"For now..this is home I suppose. Let's get something to eat and drink. we are going to try and recover before we decide on a new course of action. Thank you all for your aid in this trying of time. Rest, sleep, eat, wash, we are safe for the time being."

But for how long? He could not say.


0121.08.04

Serpent Nebula - Citadel

Council Chamber

Sparatus

Today was shaping up to be far from a very enjoyable day for the Councilor when he received an unexpected message from Palaven and a few seconds later, a request to meet in the Council Chambers by Tevos. Deciding to deal with the council first, he shuntered away the message from Palaven and turned.

Currently, he was just entering into the large Council Chambers, the glass bottom showing what looked like plants and vegetation, which was accurate, all things considered.

Below them was a miniature forest of some wonder, plant life taken from all over the galaxy, and grown around one another. Monitored by grounds keepers. Sparatus himself was a former military man, his face supporting the white tribal stripes of his Legion before he went into politics, several scars marred his chitinous exo-skeleton that all Turians sported.

Wearing the robes of a Counciler, matched in style by Valern and Tevos as well, both the Salarian and the Asari sporting white tribal markings like his own. Tervos is the first to comment upon his arrival.

"Oh so good of you to arrive Sparatus, we have several items to discuss and we wanted to wait for you."

Well that never bode well. He did admire his fellows, but as a military minded man, he knew that both of them lacked the necessary information needed to properly appreciate or understand military matters. Then again, they have only ever seen reports of pirate raids.

There hadn't been a true conflict since the Krogan Rebellions. Something he and many of the higher ranking members of the Turians felt was dulling their entire species. This coupled with the fact that they had been brought into the fold to fight a war, then left as over glorified guard dogs, had chaffed many Turian Councilors since. Sparatus would shake his head at that thought.

"So what is this about exactly? More activity in the Terminus? We have several fleets guarding the Relays to ensure that Pirates or the Terminus Warlords can't enter our systems without warning."

He didn't even sigh out. Though his mood changed when the middle of the room darkened and a hologram took up the full attention of all three. It started with an Asari running down an alley way while the sound of Mass Effect fire echoed behind. A haggard voice cried out on the video.

"If anyone can hear this, please. Our planet is being attacked by Pirates. They came out of no where! I hear they tore the defense ships apart then rushed towards the planet. They are capturing everyone they can see!"

The video paused there as the frame froze on the end of the alley, a Krogan standing there, Blood Pack armor covered his body. In his claws is a large gun of some kind, smoke surrounding the mouth of the barrel as a net flies towards the asari would speak up.

"This is the eighth invasion in the last two months...all civilians, close to a quarter million, were taken. Half a million killed fighting back. These attacks aren't on fringe worlds near the Terminus, this was on the edge of Council Space and the Empty Sector. A Warlord has found a way to bypass the Turian Fleets and set up shop somewhere we thought impossible. I've had STG look through recordings of the force from the multiple raids."

Well leave it to the Salarian to have information on the situation before the Turians, thank the Spirits for small victories in the repeated step backs that the Council had been facing the last two months.

The Hologram changed, showing thousands of images and videos taken during the raids. Individual ships are highlighted and moved off to a second Hologram that steadily grew. As it did, the color drained from Tervos'es face as she watched the rapidly growing Pirate Fleet.

In the end, the final vessel of the fleet of several hundred, was a Dreadnaught class. Sparatus blinked before his mandables parted once again. This...this was insane. He spun on Valern with accusatory eyes before finding even the Salarian was growing paler. It would seem that he hadn't read through the information yet either.

"Valern...is this right? If so not only did a Warlord slip into the Empty Sector, but an entire damn fleet did as well. I'm going to have to report this to the Hierarchy and have a fleet dispatched."

Yet as he moved to activate his Omni-Tool, he noticed something else, which caused him to freeze and the others to look at him, Valern spoke first as per usual.

"Sparatus...this represents a potential change not only for us..but for the Council. Two months ago, a Quarian Ship, fleeing Batarian Pirates, activated a Relay in a bid to escape...my sources beleive that this relay, located deep in the Terminus, is what allowed this Warlord to travel to the Empty Sector...our worlds are no longer safe from the Terminus...I'll called Ambassador Jath'Amon to join us."

Trevos seemed confused as she looked between the two men in the council chamber. The situation still continued to elude her as Sparatus would breath out.

"Trevos, Jath'Amon is our connection to the Batarian Hegemony and by extension their policing efforts in the Terminus. Now however, with this threat clearly now having a way into our systems, we are faced with one option. We have to invade and plug this gap or we will be constantly attacked by Pirates and Slavers."

What was being suggested, caused her to drop the act she was portraying all this time for a few seconds.

"Are you...are you two serious?! What you are suggesting is to invade the Terminus..."

Valern spoke up next.

"No other choice, unless we wish to continue seeing our citizens enslaved. Sparatus, inform the Hierarchy."

Trevos bit her bottom lip even as she heard the Ambassador enter into the room and prepared for the firestorm.


0121.09.22

Chentari System - 314 Mass Effect Relay

Entroa Batarian  Hegemony  65th Pirate Fleet

High Admiral Octab'noel

High Admiral Octab'noel growled as he looked over the vessels within the Chentari System, each of them belonging to one of the Hegemony's 65th Pirate Fleet. The name stating all you needed to know about the reach that the Hegemony had within the Terminus System.

Octab'noel himself was the spitting image of a high noble of the Batarian Hegemony. Once sporting four eyes, now down to one and a half, one he lost to a Anti-Piracy Action by the Turians, the other he had to replace with augmetics. Turning his attention to a near by Communication Officer, Aben'sur, and barked out several orders.

"Aben, contact the "Nevelent of Khar'shan" and have that useless pile of Varren "Quep'lo" move his forces to Quadrent 8, Sector 6, one hundred and twelve "Epons" down. They are blocking the return vector of the "Enverst Poletst" from returning through the Chentari Relay!"

Wearing the standard of the Batarian Hegemony Admiralty, blood red and black body armor. However with several skulls and fetishes to present a rather unnerving image to his enemies. Considering a Krogan Skull was strapped to the right shoulder using wires through the eye socket. However Aben'sur turned towards him, catching his attention.

"High Admiral, incoming Black Band from the Citadel. Jath'Amon on priority Line One."

Ah the good Ambassador had decided to contact them, presumably to check in with his investment. With a simple nod, Octab'noel sat down in his seat as his screen turned on. Revealing an overweight Batarian, four sets of working eyes as well gazed back at him as the two pounded fists against chest before Jath'Amon spoke.

"My good friend, it is wonderful to see you once more. It has been to many cycles since we have shared an Asari Slave and Blood "Tep'que" with one another. So, I would like an update."

Six planets in the system, four gas giants, two dead worlds, and one single desert world. He was the newest admiral of this armada after the previous Admiral, Evenal'ropa had been executed following the Quarians activating a Dormant Relay and fled into it to escape their attack. With a nod, Octab'noel pulled up several assorted files and sent them over to Jath'Amon.

"With the last Slave Raid our current quota is near "Septebah" so we will be preparing to follow through with our plan. However, we have a problem Jath'Amon. Relay 314 is open."

This caught the Ambassador's attention. He had heard that the Relay was open but still, the fact that it was placed more pressure on this situation. For it forced the Ambassador to send false information to the Council.

How they ended up near Council Space he had no idea, but he had been taking advantage of the situation. Over the last three months since arriving, the planets that could sustain structures were claimed and turned into slave processing facilities.

Raids have been launched into the very heart of Citadel Space, where the fleets were lesser due to most of the fleets patrolling along the Terminus connection Relays.

Thousands of Salarians, Asari, Turians, Vorcha, Hanar, and Drell had been taken in the multiple strikes into Council Space or Outer Council Space before vanishing as quickly as possible. However something still continued to bother him.

Four sets of eyes fell upon the 314 Mass Relay, which for hundreds of years had remained inactive, but upon arriving, they found it to be active.

Jath'Amon sighed as the Ambassador to the Council glared towards Octab'noel before shaking his head.

"The information has been scrubbed and you are free to continue, but the fact 314 Relay was opened from the other side, we may have a first contact scenario on our hands."

First Contact, while for the weak willed Council and the other two eyed races, this could have been a difficult situation. Yet the Batarian Hegemony was dealing with it and they would deal with it. In their own unique way.

"So it falls to the Batarian Hegemony to demonstrate to this new species that even though we do not agree on all matters with the Council, we understand that certain laws need to be maintained. As such, it falls to us, to place to uphold the "laws" of the galaxy. Prepare your forces Octab'noel. You will be moving through the relay and explaining to this species the errors of its way."

Ocab'noel grinned, mouth filled with needle like teeth as he nodded his head towards Jath'Amon as he understood the implications that were being presented.

"So, we are to fulfil the role that the Turians would be, making these primitive species understand their place is the broader galaxy. However, what if the planet on the other side is not the homeworld of these primitives? Will this not escalate into war if the Council were to catch wind of our actions? We have had several ghost signals near the Chentari Relay."

There had been several of these strange signals over the last few weeks. The mercenaries were starting to worry that the Hierarchy or the Salarians had managed to follow or tag one of their vessels during the raids and followed them back to the Chentari System. Jath'Amon nodded his head in understanding, he was funding the Pirate Sect himself after all.

"Then I would ask you to keep a token force behind to protect my investments. When you have reached your slave quota you will abandon the Chentari System and move towards the Traverse and from there the Hegemony to deliver the new shipment. Remember, A million lesser species for a billion credits and an additional "mothballed" fleet still in dock that conflicted with the Treaty of Farixen. The Council continues to deliberately weaken us all with their continued paranoia and perpetuating this pointless Treaty."

Both of them spat off to the side at the mention of the Treaty. The very idea of limiting the size and fleets in favor of the Turians forced species to weaken themselves so that the Turians could continue to dominate the multiple theaters. Even still they expected the Hegemony to police the Terminus with a one, three, five ratio. For every one Dreadnaught the Hegemony built, the Salarians and Asari could build three, and the Turians Five. This included Fleets. For every Fleet the Hegemony is permitted to build, the Salarians and Asari built three, and the Turians Five.

Then there was the laws on the Relays, refusing to open them because of a war that happened two thousand years ago. This forced the Batarians to spend credits on sophisticated habitation cities for airless rocks, moons, and even gas giants. Jath'Amon continued a few seconds later.

"So if need be, only investigate, then pull your force back from 314, then begin making your way back home. Your wife misses you. She keeps sending me requests to hear from you. I can only claim you are out of range for so long before I want to strange a Slave."

Octab'noel grinned towards Jath'Amon at the fact Eben'yole was able to get to an Ambassador, even a Batarian that had to suffer the idiocy of the Councilors every other month, was able to nearly drive him to murder. Octab'noel broke out into laughter.

"Oh yes, that is the love of my life alright. Give me one week and I will be back in Hegemony Space with the slaves and finally retire from this. In any event, I will begin preparing my forces to move through the Relay. Octab'noel, out."

The com went dead as he turned towards Aben'sur.

"Aben, opened a broad ranged communication to all vessels in the system. I have an announcement!"

With a nod, Aben'sur tapped several times before motioning towards Octab'noel, giving him the signal that he was good to go.

"Attention all forces of the 65th, I've just come from talking with our benefactor, and he has suggested we move through Relay 314! It has been activated, in violation of "Citadel Law", and it falls to us to show this new species the folly of their ways. In four days time we will be moving through the Relay and delivering the law into our own hands."

He cleared his throat before continuing.

"If the enemy proves to be quite defensible, we will be pulling back from the Relay, gather our quota and leave through the Chentari Relay and travel back to the Traverse. I've been informed that in return for our services, we will gain additional assets from the now Mothballed Twenty and Seventy Fleet that the Council has unjustly ordered dismantled."

A general grumble could be heard amongst the bridge crew.

"A force will be left behind to defend the system and our products till we can decide if leaving is the viable option. We've had several Ghost Signatures in the system so we will be preparing for an eventual counter strike from the Council in the event we are caught moving into 314 Relay. Till then, prepare your ships, your capture nets, and your cages my Brothers of the Hegemony."

However he grinned towards the screen, his voice dripping with malice and sadism that was well known to those captured by the Batarians in raids.

"If this is indeed a new species, and we can take the planet beyond 314. A new exotic species, unseen to the galaxy before! Khar'shan will likely pay us millions of Credits per Exotic Slave. Like the Quarians! We are potentially looking at Trillions of credits for the 65th Fleet. We could be looking at permeant retirement for all."

A roar echoed through the bridge at this.

"In addition, salvage, potential technology, and untapped resource deposits, we could be looking at even more profits for us. So I ask you all, to follow me into this one final venture. All ships, prepare your fighters. Warriors, prepare your capture cages. Captains, prepare your guns. In four days time, we either make or break history with the 65th!"

As the eight hundred vessels in system shook from the combined cheering, and the facilities planet side rumbled with cheering as well, none were aware of the cloaked vessels in system.


0121.09.26

Shanxi System  - 314 Mass Effect Relay

Entroa Batarian  Hegemony  65th Pirate Fleet

High Admiral Octab'noel

High Admiral Octab'noel grinned to himself as he looked out of the View Port at the oncoming Relay. Though the conversation with Jath'Amon a day or two prior rested on his mind. The Council had begun to debate pushing into the Terminus and thus threaten the entirety of the Batarian Operations, all because of his actions in claiming the Chentari System for the Hegemony.

His raids may have equaled billions of credits in slaves and material but the Council was starting to shake off their thousands of years of rust and dust and start to mobilize. The War with the Terminus was just years away from transpiring.

If it wasn't for Jath'Amon he would have been none the wiser. The Ambassador had been stalling the talks between the Councilors through every means he could, from death threats sent by anonymous sources to even potential kidnappings on family members.

Then two days ago, Octab'noel received the message that the Council had finally figured out where he was launching his raids from and he had two days to either verify the existance of another civilization on the other side of the Relay or begin to fleet back to the Terminus with their Ill Gotten Goods.

Sadly, Octab'noel was nothing if not vicious. He had left half his fleet, which had grown after Jath'Amon and the Batarian Council used the Relay in the Terminus to bolster his forces, making nearly a thousand vessels beneath his command.

"All forces, move for the Relay!"

Those he had designated as Alpha Fleet moved forward, Five Hundred Planetary invasion vessels, complete with some ten thousand slaves. Blue Sons, Blood Pack, and Head Hunter Mercenary Vessels were paid to join in, cut of the spoils when they returned. If they weren't turned into slaves themselves.

Over a hundred thousand individuals with enough hardware to turn any sector into an meat grinder for the Council. Which was what was going to happen when the Council started their invasion into the Terminus. He was suspecting the Rachnii Wars and Krogan Rebellion were about to loose their standings as the worst conflicts in Council History.

It took ten minutes before his ship passed through the Relay and the rest of the fleet joined him. Comms started speaking across the fleet as Captains and Lesser Admirals directed ships by name or Captain into position, forming a Three tiered Cresent Moon formation.

It was now that he noted the vessels in the system. There was no true uniformity, much like his own or the Councils. From strange grey and blocky vessels, to vibrant greens and reds.

"All ships, I want scans of those vessels."

Even as he watched, his screens zeroed in on the sides of the ships and spied what looked like space-superior fighter crafts. In addition to that however, he saw something that drew his attention and confused him greatly. Humanoid sized machines of some kind. he could see the arms, legs, torso, even the head. There were so many different styles to these things as well. Some with two eyes, some with One eye, some with Four, and some with Six.

"What in The Twin Gods Names...Helmsmen, see if we can't get more scans on those massive mechs? I want to know what their Ezone Cores are, and how they could build them that massive."

Even as tactical data came back, something puzzling caught his attention as the largest vessel, scans putting it at two kilometers, was moving towards the planet. Vessels of this new species sending objects towards the planet as they put themselves between the Batarian Fleet and their own world. Aben'sur spoke up a few moments later.

"Sir, reports are coming in, no Element Zero readings at all. Some untapped pockets in many of the moons and asteroids, but this species seems to ignore them...their technology is still primitive then."

This drew a savage grin from him as he sat back.

"Aben'sur try and open up a comm channel with these creatures, let's see if we can't get them to willingly surrender? Not that i don't want to test out the latest Hegemony vessels, but I do like a willing slave after all."

Aben'sur nodded before turning back to his system and started trying to send out a request for a communications. However, once he was able to pick up the systems of this new species, something caught the aging Batarian's attention.

"Sir...the frequencies seemed to change as soon as I sent out a request...it's behaving in a manner I've never seen before. In fact, it almost seems...alive..."

Color drained from not only his face but the faces of most of the crew as the implications sunk in and Octab'noel came to a realization. That caused his eyes to narrow and his anger to flare.

"A.I. All vessels, ignore any attempts at hail. This species has been found in breach of one of the few laws the Hegemony and the Council agree on. They have vacated all rights as of this moment. All forces, move in and prepare to fire at will. We will teach them the folly of their actions today."

Even as he sat back and watched, his fleet drew closer to the opposing vessels. Then when his systems stated he was in range, his ship fired its spinal mounted Mass Accelerator Cannon. The blazing light streaked across the blackness of space before it smashed into one of the green vessels. However, it struck it at an angel that caused the vessel to list to one side rather then penetrate. The round gouged along its bulbus side before spiraling through two of the mechs and flying off into deep space.

Then his jaw dropped when one of the alien ships fired. A bright green beam of energy ripped from one of the twin connected guns and proceeded to gut a Destroyer from nose to engine, bypassing its Kinetic Shielding and boiling away its armor like it wasn't even there.

"So the enemy has direct energy weapons...yet lacks shielding...all forces, break up, I want the invasion going while we hold their fleet's attention!"


0121.09.26

Shanxi System - Orbit

Expeditionary Fleet

Reinhard von Lohengramm

Reinhard observed the incoming vessels from across the system, four more Laurasia-Class vessels were streaming in to join his own forces. However his mind was far from at ease as he looked towards the probes that had been sent through the God Gate and their images. Vessels, nearly a hundred of them, had arrived since the last probe was sent out two months ago. Intelligence dropped the ball on this one, having neglected to continue probing and exploring Delta Shanxi.

"Duke...Captain Jesse. You both understand why this meeting is being called. We face a true first contact scenario. The ELS are sending some of their vessels to join us but for the time being we are faced with not a faceless hive mind but what appears to be a species that can build and maintain vessels."

Reinhard would breath out as the other two looked between one another. The fleet that The UEA could provide numbered just under sixty vessels and most were no larger then four hundred meters in length. The largest being his own flag ship. Captain Jesse spoke up next.

"We knew that there might have been vessels on the other side High Admiral but these vessels have been arriving steadily over the last two months if exhaust spectrometry from the probes is to be believed. How they arrived I haven't the faintest clue. But that is not to say that things can't proceed. If they prove hostile I can hold the sector with my mobile suits and the few mobile armors I have. I will be forced to retreat if they push through the God Gate however. We have no tactical knowledge on these vessels, what weapons or armor they use."

The High Admiral nodded his head, he understood the captains worries. Shanxi was barely considered colonized and he wasn't willing to loose soldiers defending an easily replaceable world. The Duke however had objections.

"I will say that this talk of retreat and failure is unbecoming of men of your caliber. We survived the One Year War, Two Plant Wars, the Eve Wars, and even the Final War. Retreat if you must but I ask you to leave some mobile suits planet side. I can defend the colony till relief forces arrive. It is the duty of a Duke to defend his people."

Duke Isenho pressed a fist to his chest. Of course the man would rather die then give up what humanity had claimed. Though there was no telling what the aliens on the other side of the God Gate would do when the fleet went through initially. Hopefully they could establish proper first contact and peacefully form good relationships with the species.

"We have no time to contemplate anymore Gentlemen. Tekkadan forces aren't amongst the fleet and await their role in this, I have several aces that left their families for this journey. We've wasted enough time contemplating. Command has sent down its final verdict. The Lord Commander wants us through the God Gate within the day. The ELS representative may join us if we can keep from opening hostilities. Captain Jesse, I want you and your ships to deploy fifty percent of their Mobile Suit and fighters to Shanxi. Marines as well."

Jesse seemed about to argue but nodded his head hesitantly before turning and sending the message through the fleet.

"Duke, can I expect you to put your planet in War Time Regulations? We will use the Fisherman as a means to evacuate the planet along with its esc-"

The High Admiral would be cut off as a yell from below his throne caught all three's attention.

"High Admiral! Picking up energy fluctuations from the God Gate, something is coming th...scratch that, multiple objects are emerging from the God Gate..Gods above...one of them is measured at a kilometer in length. We have a dreadnaught on the field. I repeat a dreadnaught is on the field!"

The color drained from Jesse's face even as Reinhard took command of the situation.

"Jesse deploy your fighter wings and Mobile Suits now! Fall back and start the evacuations. Someone patch me through to the rest of the fleet. All ships! Move to Phase Two and prepare locks. I want a full screen between us and the Fisherman."

The Russian born man's authoritative voice broke through the panic and terror at seeing hundreds of vessels entering their space so suddenly and orders were followed. The Expeditionary Fleet formed into a screening wall while curving it to keep all guns focused forward.

"Duke, prepare your Mass Driver and Elevator for mass use, I'll leave the deployment of your colonial guard to you. Make use of the mobile suits sent planet side."

Duke Isenho would nod before his screen turned black and Reinhard would be left alone once more, before he turned towards his Communications Officer, Elrick Hampton.

"Elrick, send an emergency Communications Request to command back on earth..."


0121.09.26

Sol System

Earth - First Fleet

High Lord Commander  Ófærr Stjarnagram

The flashing light on the console caught the one eyed mans attention even as he was standing up from his command throne and preparing to leave for the mess hall. Ófærr sighed before sitting back down, even as he merely nodded towards Jessica, his Communications Officer to give his report.

"High Lord, the call appears to be from...the Shanxi System, placed by High Admiral Reinhard. Shall I patch it through my Lord?"

Lord, a title that Ófærr had earned during the End War...it still rubbed him quite the wrong way if he was being completely honest with himself. With a sigh he turned his attention towards Jessica and nodded his head.

"Aye las, patch them through."

Leaning back in his Command Throne, the High Lord placed his chin upon his right fist and watched the screen. More then likely this was going to be final check in before they pushed on through the God Gate. What Ófærr wasn't expecting was the Lord Admiral to appear to pale as well as shouting orders. When he finally noticed Ófærr, he bowed his head.

"High Lord we have a situation! As of 0700, a fleet of ships pushed through the God Gate, at least two hundred. Our Engineers and Neo-Dolls are saying that they are military class or refurbished civilian craft of an unknown make. Their vessels are producing -"

Ófærr held up a hand to silence the High Admiral and caused him to grow quiet as the older man leaned forward.

"So what yer tell in me is that ya have unwanted visitors in the Shanxi airspace, ya can't tell what tha bloody hell they are, and they outnumber ya three to one. Am I gettin all that correctly?"

The bridge of the Winds of the North grew quiet as the assorted crew members stopped what they were doing or slowed down to listen to the conversation.

"Yes, yes High Lord, that is what is happening. No attempts to hail them have been tried yet but it might be prudent to attempt it. We may...be looking at a second first contact scenario since the ELS descended onto earth. What are your orders?"

Humanities second First Contact with a potential alien species. After the debacle of the ELS nearly was ruined by the old branches of the Atlantic Federation and their Shadow Masters in Blue Cosmos, they had to play this one by ear and do things slowly. So a decision had to be reached.

"Jessica, send ah connection to the Twin Queens, we'll need their insight on this matter."

Jessica gulped, but complied with the order as Ófærr turned back to Reinhard.

"I take it ya have started to evacuate Shanxi yes? What have ya done beyond that?"

Reinhard was starting to regain his composure as he breathed out.

"My Lord I have deployed the vessels sent to me by yourself in a umbrella formation between the newly arrived fleet and the plant. Mobile Suits and Fighters are forming squadrons and being launched as we speak. The Fisherman under Captain Jesse is being used as a means to evacuate the planet, its Mobile Suits and fighters sent planet side to bolster the Garrison."

So far it was a tactically sound idea. Ófærr would hum deeply as he ran his hand through his chest length beard, the older man frowning however.

"Lad, what can ya tell me about the ships you are seein? Got any scans back yet?"

A nod would answer the question and logs were forwarded to Ófærr by the dozens. His one eye slowly trailing over each new one. The sizes were somewhat impressive, though there was no telling what type of weapon, armor, or even power source these aliens utilized. However something very glaring caught his one eye.

"Reinhard...these reporets yah sent me, they say ah good chunk of this fleet is using vessels no larger then two hundred meters, but they are stayin behind what are clearly salvaged or new military vessels, given the weapon hard points."

The High Admiral nodded his head, even as he is about to say something, alarms begin to blare. Reinhard's eyes growing wide.

"High Lord, the fleet is advancing, all attempts to communicate with them have been unable to connect to their systems, we are getting hard point power readings across multiple ships... I am seeing Fighter-profile vessels being launched from ships as well from several hangers. They are on an attack course!"

Hostile, that was never good. With a sigh he nodded his head, even as Jessica turned back to him.

"High Lord, the Queens are ready to receive you. What should I tell them?"

Ófærr growled, his voice resounding through the bridge as he looked first to Reinhard.

"High Admiral, these be your orders, you hold that damn planet until evacuations are done, am I clear? We will begin preparing a relief force. Send what you can planet side and then pull back. You may decide how to handle the situation at your own pace, Give em Hell High Admiral."

A salute from Reinhard was followed by the screen turning black and Ófærr leaning back with a tired sigh. So, conflict has found humanity once again.

"Patch tha Queens through, they need to be made away."


0121.09.26

Sol System

Earth - Sanc Kingdom

Earth - Orb Union

Queens  Relena  Peacecraft and  Lacus Clyne

Relena and Lacus, the Twin Queens of Humanity and the guiding light of the species since the end of the End War, voted by humanity as a whole, the two were placed into the role given how influential they became due to stances. One with a stance for peace and pacifism, focusing on humanitarian goals. The other, while not as blood thirsty as their chosen Lord Commander, understood the value of aggression when applied to the right places.

As such, when they were jointly called upon at the same time by Ófærr, both understood something was going on. The first to answer the call was none other then Lacus Clyne. With trailing pink hair that ran down to the small of her back, just over her hips, to silver eyes, the First Queen of Victory was a sight to behold back during the first PLANT-Alliance War.

Now with another twenty years under her belt, Lacus had developed into a stunning woman that rivaled that of Meer Campbell, a figure that turned heads of both genders, succulent hips and breasts that stood out. She was dressed in the usual kimono that she had become well known for during the wars she took part in.

With two parts, the first being white jutting shoulder covers connected to strips of light and dark pink that ran off to the sides of her arm diagonally and then behind her back. A single strip of pink cloth as well ran to the floor from just beneath the shoulders.

The second part of her clothing was a tad more complex, given how it was a mixture of edges that circles around her throat, one side overlapping the other. Purple and pink, the edges at atop a larger black pattern that was tied to purple sleeves and a pink sash to hold it all together.

She still sported the two golden hair clips given to her by her father over her right eye, and her hair was tied up with a red ribbon.

"High Lord, while it is wonderful to see you, I must ask why you have called me at this hour? Have you detected something in the system or is this about another LOGOs sighting?"

She was somewhat tired, her and Kira's child had been keeping her up after all. Well their sixth. Kira may have been somewhat tender and mild, there was no denying that the young man could easily keep up with her when she wanted to de-stress after a long day. Heero was the same way with Relena actually.

Before Ófærr could say anything however, a second screen appeared in the call and Relena joined them in the conversation.

Striking light blue eyes, sharp but soft features, the young Queen, given her status as an Innovator, still retained the beauty she held when she was instrumental in ending the Eve Wars.

Her hair was done up with a black bow behind her head while she wore the Sanc Kingdom's Royal uniform befitting their queen. Gold Shoulder pads with many tassels fluttered off the sides over her shoulders. Her top piece was a white suit with a raised purple collar.

The Royal Crest embroidered on both sides of the collar and lapels. A Neckerchief was tucked around her neck and under the second set of ballistic armor she wore. White gloves covered her hands and black with light blue, like the neckerchief, wrist felt.

"Lacus, Ófærr, what seems to be the problem? It is unusual for us to be meeting all at the same time again. I was about to go and visit Cagalli in the capital."

Ófærr seemed to regard both of them with a mixture of regret and sadness before it vanished and was replaced with the stoic man they knew him to be.

"I hate tah be the one to break this to yah, but as of 0700, Military Time or 7:00 A.M. today, the Colony of Shanxi, under Duke Isenho, has experienced humanities Second First Contact."

This caught Relena's attention as well as Lacus'es own. Second First Contact?

"Are you sure about this High Lord? You must be absolutely sure that we are dealing with another Alien Species and not just a hoax LOGO's or Oz has cooked up for us."

Relena's suggestion had merit, given the times the two had tried to wrest control of a colony or a planet from the UEA in the past twenty years since its founding. However their old friend shook his head.

"Nay, not this time. I've run the schematics and scans of the vessels in system to all known data bases, and none of them were ah match. In addition, we couldn't detect any Nuclear energy or known sources of energy asides from one. Mass Effect Field."

This revelation drew gasps from her own lips, Relena looking over despite being on two different computers. They knew what this could mean. The Archives had spoken of the Fields, and what that could entail.

"Reapers...are we sure? These could be Prothean Survivors coming to reclaim their territor-"

Relena, sweet Relena, she wished dearly that this was the case, but it didn't look like that would be what was happening. So Lacus, interrupted her.

"I am sorry Relena, we know from the Archives that the species went extinct, there is no way these are them. It would seem that the galaxy truly isn't as empty as we once thought."

She could see that Ófærr's face was drawn into a grimace as he sighed out and shook his head.

"Last transmissions was that the fleet enterin the system was on an attack vector with High Admiral Reinhard's own expedition fleet...what would you suggest my Queens?"

The moment of truth, and it was one that she was dreading. Relena spoke first however.

"We need an ambassador ready in the event these aliens can be reasoned with or brought to a diplomatic ending, I am suggesting TT12-01 Delta of the ELS Government of Minds to fill this role. We will however need to introduce it to a vessel or body to allow for assimilation. That is the quickest suggestion."

The ELS would present an interesting take on the situation but there was no telling what the aliens reaction to the Living Metal Aliens could have.

"If we can hold them, we can potentially crack their systems with Neo-Dolls like Penny or Pei Two and communicate with them. If these are the Reapers as you suspect Ófærr, then we will need to keep our forces as far away as possible to ensure limited Indoctrination occurs."

It was so far a sound plan and one that he could get behind given the nodding of his head, but there was still much to be done. So Lacus would herd the conversation from here.

"Relena is right in that we will need an Ambassador, but we will also need to protect our interests. I am authorizing the Deployment of the 42nd Fleet effective immediately. If this is the foe I think they are, then it will be our only hope to dragging them to a stand still while we fortify our inner colonies and outer ones."

The 42nd, a Black Fleet, on the books they didn't exist, on the books, those that learned about them were transferred over to the Fleet after an "accident". They are given a full rundown of the reasons for the secrecy after a brain scan. Some however have shown to be LOGOs or Blue Cosmos Moles and are executed without mercy.

"Are ya sure las? There be ah few apart ah that Fleet that I'm not sure the current combatants in Shanxi will be comfortable with bein around."

Ah...Stella...Shinn still showed feelings and sadness, visiting her grave every year. To remind himself of the horrors of the war and to not let them repeat. If he were to learn a Neo-Doll had taken on her personality, appearence, and somehow inherited her memories, things might turn out badly.

"Yes Ófærr, there is no other way. Prepare the Black Fleet to move out at once, and break off additional forces from the other Forty One Fleets as a reinforcement Fleet."

With a nod of his head, Ófærr leaned back, listening as the Two Queens of Humanity began drawing up plans and ideas on how to proceed, all the while, sending encrypted messages to the supposedly non-existent Forty Second Fleet.


0121.09.26

Shanxi System -  Shanxi Capital:  Auttobenid

Endrota Noble House

Duke Isenho von Endrota

Even as orders were being relayed through channels, the aging Duke of Shanxi sighed out. Turning to his wife, he places a hand upon her shoulder and gently squeezes it.

"Alestra dear, please gather the children and leave with the others."

Beside him, the young forty year old Azatastan born Coordinator shook her head, causing crisp black locks to sway as the one eyed woman grinned back at him.

"You know I can't do that. As you said. We protect our own. The children will refuse to leave as well..."

Isenho sighed but couldn't help but smile even as the screen with the High Admiral and the Captain cut out. Quickly typing in several commands, several new faces emerged on the screen. The first was Almenov Benita, captain of Shaxi's colonial guard. Then came Veronica Azimov, chief engineer in their repair yards. The final face belonged to Yunic Dre, public relations representative. It was Yunic that spoke first.

"Duke Isenho, to what do we owe the pleasure?"

They hadn't been informed then. Good.

"As if this moment, I am placing the planet under Code Silver, several hundred unidentifiable vessels have emerged from the God Gate as of five minutes ago and we are to begin evacuation and arming of militia and guard effective immediately."

Silence filled the chamber before the three started yelling at once. Trying to be heard over one another.

"Several hundred?! How?! We didn't detect and Point-to-Point jumps in the system since the four Laurasia-Class vessels arrived earlier."

"How much time do I have to even clear landing pads to begin evacuations?!"

It was Almenov that remained quiet, only to draw a pistol and fire it into the air. Silencing the other two.

"Quiet. If this is true I'll begin to deploy all available assets around the capital."

His face vanished seconds later, leaving the other two with the Duke. Isenho would nod his head seconds after Almenov's face vanished from the screen and he was left with Veronica and Yunic respectively.

"As I've come to understand, these vessels entered through the God Gate rather then Point-To-Point entry like our own use. That however isn't important. Veronica, be a dear and prepare all Mobile Suits we have on hand for deployment. Including my personal model. Your staff should still be on station."

Veronica slowly nodded her head, those cherry red locks of hers bobbing in time.

"I want all shuttles cleared from landing platforms and moved to the Orbital Elevator or the Mass Driver. All civilians are to be evacuated to the Fisherman. Military personnel will not be. Almenov will more then likely be preparing all available assets for colony protection. Now hop to it."

Veronica's face retained its drained features even as the screen became just Isenho and Yunic, the two old friends, despite one being nobility and the other of a commoner class, looked towards each other. Yunic broke the silence.

"So..back to basics then eh? Seems you've attracted more trouble. Even dragged poor Alestra into this, what are your orders old friend?"

Isenho would grimace even as Alestra sent him a smirk, before standing up. While she was in many ways a beautiful woman, her black locks of hair ending in tints of silver given her encroaching age, she was also as much a tiger. Turning, the hour glass figured woman, clothed in a lovely ballgown dress, shifted her own Saber of the Endrota family before turning back.

"My love, I will go tend to the children, be sure to let Azimov know I will be requiring my NEXT to be prepared for deployment. I won't be sitting this fight out."

With that, Alestra turned and began to walk out of the room, letting the two sit alone for a few seconds.

"Yunic...say not a word of that or I will see you put on the front lines. You know your station, send word to the colony, begin evacuation efforts without delay."

A salute from the Public Relations Representative was swiftly followed by the screen turning back. Isenho leaned back in his chair, turning his head to gaze upon the large fire place, the crackle of the flames filling his ears with the soothing sound. His study, as befitting his role as a Duke, was quite large, the walls covered in the recorded history of his family, though thankfully most of it was just copies.

A fare well gift from his father when he left home to colonize and establish Shanxi. Armored Suits and uniforms from generations of Endrota lined the walls while large plush chairs, which even now, he sat in, sat around the open front fire place. War may as well have come to his home, and as it stood he wasn't sure if he could protect those that mattered to him.

Frowning at that thought, he rose from his seat, and typed in several commands into the keyboard in his desk.


0121.09.26

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital:  Auttobenid

23rd Buckner Street

Joseph Yui

Even as Joseph, a homeless man on Shanxi, scratched his beard while waiting in line at the food market to get his daily food rations till he could find a chance to restart his life, after loosing everything to his ex. His head turned as the multiple screens across the surrounding streets flashed with static. This caused conversation to cease in the immediate area as both Joseph and others turned to look at them.

Even handheld devices were acting strangely, as he spied a young couple trying to mess with their phone. Yet their confusion only grew as the screens were replaced. Many instinctively dropped to one knee at the sight of who was on the images, even Joseph did as well. Despite his conditions, he recognized the man on the screens as one to be given respect.

Dark skin, rather thin, hefty beard, and above all, the uniform of a Noble. Despite humanity having done and advanced so far in the last twenty years, there was no denying that humanity still understood the role that these men and women played in their society. Even as the image changed to Duke Isenho von Endrota, text started scrolling across the screen below him. Clearing his throat, he spoke, addressing all of Shanxi.

"My people, my beloved children of Shanxi, I come to you now baring grave news. As of ten minutes ago, the God Gate that had been opened by a Terrorist some months ago, has spilt forth a great many vessels. More so then the Second Fleet in orbit is prepared to combat...I ask you now, to have faith, but begin to gather what you are able and make for the Orbital Elevator and the Mass Driver or any personal Shuttles you may possess."

He sighed out, but Joseph was trying to understand what exactly he had meant, the United Earth Alliance didn't make use of the God Gates all that often. Something about a stigma Pilots and Captains had towards them.

"These, my Sons and Daughters of Shanxi, are not Human vessels. We have made a second First contact with another species. We do not know what this will entail, but High Admiral Reinhard has begun preparations for evacuation of the planet. I urge all able men and women, secure your families, get them off planet, but if you feel the urge, the drive to, move to a shelter, request either aid or a fire arm. As of this moment, the Shanxi colonial guard is to be taking on any volunteers to help in defending her should we find ourselves invaded."

This caused a slow rise in panic as people started to rush off towards their homes. Of course they were scared, the memories of the wars on earth were fresh for those over the age of thirty. However, others started banding together, talk of joining the Guard filled conversations.

"This is not something I can ask of you, but I and my Family have chosen to remain on Shanxi, to defend her from any attack. If you will follow me into battle, then please, find a Station and request from them a fire arm so that you may join the defense. Today, Shanxi stands as one, its Nobility will be the shield to defend those that can not!"

His voice boomed across the planet, every screen delivering his speech.

"Those of you in cities and villages, not close to the Capital, I request that you bar your doors and your windows, prepare your bomb shelters and hide your families. These Aliens, for that is what they are, have unknown intentions for Shanxi. I can not spar the limited guards to defend every inch of this planet, but if you can, make the trip to the Capital. That is all, Duke Isenho von Endrota, signing off. See you on the front lines Soldiers."

The screens would go black across the planet before resuming their previous content, but no one was paying any attention to that now. All had their minds focused on the words and the fact they may be invaded.


0121.09.26

Shanxi System - Orbit

Expeditionary Fleet

Duo Maxwell

Duo watched from within the cockpit as the sixty plus vessels of the Exploration Fleet moved into position around the planet. Placing themselves between the newly arrived vessels and that of Shanxi. Given the systems onboard the XXXG-01D Gundam Deathscythe Hell, his system started to catalogue the ships now entering into the system. The ZERO System detected some two hundred vessels that ranged from Patrol to Light Frigate sized.

Between fifty to one hundred meters. Though they were relatively strange looking, in that they appeared ramshackled and rather crude. The designs weren't even registered in the United Earth Alliance Database, not to mention the energy signatures played havoc with scanning. Forming up along with the other mobile suits, he looked towards the other three Gundams with him near the back of the formation.

Several signals were detected coming towards the Deathscythe, recognizing them, he accepted the incoming signals.

"Go for Callsign Reaper, this is Duo, what can I do for you today?"

While joking, Duo understood the irritated look he received from Lunamaria when her face appeared beside him. Alongside her was Shinn Asuka, and the young Mikazuki Augus, the later of whom looked no older then sixteen. The other two were by far older, but younger then himself.

Mikazuki was a young man with black hair and light blue eyes. Human Refuse, the new term for child soldiers that had cropped up due to LOGOs.

"Duo, please try to take this seriously. We might be fighting soon."

Mikazuki rolled his eyes as ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex came up beside the ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam and the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam equipped with the θ Destiny Silhouette, the right shoulder sporting the MMI-710 "Excalibur" Anti-ship Laser Sword and the left sported a M2000F "Kerberos" High-Energy Long-Range Beam Cannon.

As always Duo spoke up.

"Oh come on Luna, if we spent all this time worrying we would have grey hair by now. Best bet is that we'll either do a fighting retreat or ordered down to Shanxi to help hold the planet after the fleet leaves."

The Barbatos Lupus Rex sported the standard design of the Gundam series, the ivory white limbs, with the golden head piece. However where it differed from other Gundams is in its heavier build. Like the ZZ and Zeta Gundams of the Earth Federation, its body sported additional armor across itself, mainly in the legs and arms to help support its primary weapons of choice. Shinn chose this moment to speak up.

"Duo, Lunamaria, keep it together...my god I'm the one saying that. Until we get word of our next course of action we hold position."

The Lupus Rex's feet were tipped with two golden claws, taken from the Mobile Armor, Hashmal, along with the tail extension on its back. Even its fingers were tipped with golden claws, presumably made of Gundanium rather then Nanometal. The back of the feet even sported what appeared to be a set of stabilizers. Mikazuki decided to take over the conversation here.

Mikazuki nodded his head, black locks shifting and bobbing as a result before Shinn spoke up.

"Duo, what is the Hellscythe telling you about the enemy composition?"

The arms of the Barbatos Lupus Rex sported twin 170mm Autocannons, causing the elbows to jut out from behind the arms. Though the shoulders were rounded rather then jutting out like other Gundam Models. The chin jutted out, the same red coloration. Even the golden head piece was more pronounced in how it sloped behind the Barbatos'es head. With a second pair jutting out just above the first but much shorter.

"So here's what I got. We got two Hundred lightly armored and barely armed patrol ships, measures between fifty to two hundred meters. Though they are staying behind the larger ones. We got one hundred Heavy Corvette, Planetary Defense Ships, Light Assault Carriers, or Escort sized vessels. Between Three hundred and One Meters to Four Hundred Meters."

Even as he says this, more information from the fleet was streaming into their systems as scans come back. However none of the other Gundam pilots spoke up, letting Duo continue.

"We got some fifty Medium, Frigates/Escort Frigates/or Assault Carriers. Between four hundred and fifty one to five hundred meters. No idea what these things run on but the ZERO system is coming back with a thirty percent chance of Mass Effect Systems. So we might be seeing Protheans boys and girls."

Shinn, Mikazuki, and Luminaria turned to look towards one another. So this was a Second First Contact Scenario. However Duo was far from finished.

"Hold up...counting four hundred fighter craft, between ten to twenty meters in length. So these guys are most definingly hostile towards us. Best get ready everyone."

The fact the fleet was deploying strike craft showed hostile intent, and already the Exploration Fleet was starting to power up systems as Neo-Mobile Dolls, AIs, and other pilots funneled more information to the only Gundam with the ZERO System in the Solar System. Duo Continued.

"Ok so we got ten Heavy Frigates, Planetary Invasion Carriers, or Medium Assault/Aircraft Carriers near the center of the Armada. Those may prove difficult to crack in the event that they form into wolf packs."

The ZERO System highlighted six Ships between Six Hundred and Eight hundred Meters. So Light, Medium, or Heavy Destroyers and Cruisers.

"We got Six ships ranging from Cruisers to Destroyers, they really didn't skimp on the forces they sent did they? I'm actually kind of flattered."

They would require special attention from the fleet to bring down considering the largest of their own vessels was now acting as an evacuation shuttle and the Flag Ship was Reinhard's own. However the biggest challange sat with the final vessel in the fleet.

"Death Scythe is coming back with...1.6 Kilometers for the final vessel. She's reading a large amount of weapon systems on that thing. Way more then what our Dreadnaughts sport."

Duo would frown slightly before he submerged himself into the ZERO System for a few minutes, then opened his eyes, nodding in tandom with the new orders from the Fleet.

"Mikazuki, Shinn, Luminaria, Reinhard is giving us orders. Make for Shanxi, we are gunna be bolstering the ground defenses. The Old Man has been told what's going on so we got to try and keep any forces that land ground side preoccupied. I'll be staying up here to play Cat and Mouse with these grey men."

Duo grinned as the other three Gundam Pilots nodded their head, even as Mikazuki broke off and headed to group up with the rest of the Tekkadan forces being deployed to the planet below them.

However, Shinn seemed to growl out as he looked towards Duo with a scowl. Oh so the Rabid ZAFT Dog still has something to say?

"Duo, you can't be serious! We need to stick together right now or we are going to be torn apart. We don't even know what these aliens intensions are. What if this is just how they do things when finding other species?"

He could see Lunamari nodding her head in agreement. It would be nice if that was the situation, but as veterans of several wars, they should have known better.

"Shinn, Luna, you and I both know well enough to recognize their actions."

The two seemed to be ready to say something when Klaxxe Alarms started blaring as the systems across the fleet detected lock on sensors from the other fleet. Seconds later, a combined barrage of light streaks slammed into many vessels. Half of which missed but the others seemed to over penetrate. Two RGM-79Q GM Quels, six RGM-86R GM IIIs, four LM111E02 Gun-EZs, ten AEU-05/92 AEU Hellion Initiums, and three AMX-009 Dreissens are reduced to particles as they are struck by the fire.

"Well there you go for if these guys are friendly or not! Now get to ground."

The Hellscythe would activate its Active Cloak and vanish from sight before heading off towards the conflict.


0121.09.26

Shanxi System - Orbit

Expeditionary Fleet

Shinn Asuka

Shinn wouldn't be what one would consider to be a patient man, but as he watched the Expeditionary Fleet come under fire, he couldn't help but grimmace as he forced himself to follow orders. Several Re-Entry Pods had been launched by one of the near by vessels and already, hundreds of them were streaming down towards Shanxi to help bolster the Garrison planet side.

"Come on Luna! Can't sit around and watch. Sooner we get planet side, the sooner we can keep our citizens safe. That is why we signed up after all!"

Even as he dragged Lunamaria off towards the bulbus looking vessel, he couldn't help but grimace as he watched one of the Nazca vessels, ZAFT made, begin to develop pock marks across its hull. Good Coordinators could be dying because some alien bastards decided that they looked like easy pickings.

However, hope blossomed as one of the Kueselin-class Heavy Cruisers aligned its Anti-Ship Mega Particle Cannons and let loose. While outranged by these aliens, the emerald beams of direct energy seemed to bypass vessels and scored a great gouge in the side of one of the Fast Attack Craft.

"Oh yeah! We got a hit. These things got shields but they sure as hell have no way to deal with Particle Cannons. Suck it you assholes!"

He missed however Luna rolling her eyes even as the vessel that was struck kept on going. In fact, as she and Shinn got inside the Drop Pod as they were called by Coffin Jockies, the Universal Tactical Display seemed to blink as it was updated.

"Shinn, you really need to look at the map, these aliens are acting really weird."

Turning back to his consul, even as the Drop Pod enclosed itself, connecting to their Grundams, and fired its aft thrusters to begin its descent towards Shaxi, he studied the tactical display.

While the largest Red Dots were hanging in a semi-staggered crescent moon, with three rows, the much smaller vessels were holding back in the center, a position reserved for the Flag Ship of an Armada. Then as another wave of the alien fire came towards the Expeditionary Fleet, some fifty seemed to break off and rush towards the edges of the tactical map. Then another group went over, another under, and the last group went to the left.

"They...well that is rather strange. Luna, does it look like they are going to try and bypass the fleet? Cause that is what it seems like to me."

Even as the Drop Shop heated up, due to friction and entering the atmosphere of Shanxi, the real time conflict in space continued to be displayed before all those going to ground.


0121.09.26

Shanxi System - Ground Side

Expeditionary Fleet

Lunamaria Hawke

Even as Shinn pointed it out, his wife nodded her head, the red haired woman noted the same thing, given that she was a Coordinator after all.

"My best guess is they want to keep our fleet busy and launch a direct attack planet side. Could force our fleet to divert forces to the ground theater. However I don't think they know that the fleet is going to be doing a fighting retreat."

Even as she watched, one of the Blue Dots, "The Aleka's Pride" blinked off the Tactical Display. In its place, a large red X. However, six of the red dots vanished as well before it went down, causing Shinn to cheer.

"Well that confirms that while they have us outranged, they don't have us outgunned."

Luna nodded her head, even as the heat began to lessen on her Gundam and the Drop Pod's wings opened wide enough for the Gundams to be deployed. The Pod itself firing its remaining fuel to slow down as parachutes ejected from around its top engine and allow it to land safely.

"This looks like a planetary invasion however...it all depends on what kind of forces they land planet side though. Shinn, can you try and get any footage of the vessels firing?"

Thrusters ignited as the "ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam" and the "ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam" both flew from the drop pod. Husband and Wife, heading towards the Capital of Shanxi, Auttobenid where already, they could see sand bags and barricades being set at many of the walled cities major intersections.

Given how new the planet was, there had yet to be any highways built or large industry across more of the planet. Most of the outer villages and towns were connected via simple roads, some not even paved.

"We got quite the refugees coming into the city, think they have enough to eat?"

Luna grimmaced as Shinn asked, knowing very well his experiences as a Refugee following the Atlantic Federation's attack on Orb. However before she could answer, both Gundam Pilots received a hail.

"This is Auttobenid Ground Control, attention Mobile Suit pilots, you are clear to land at Flight Decks Two and Six. Over."

Shinn answered for the both of them as Luna was distracted by the tactical situation in space.

"This is Heavy Hammer and Humming Bird, we read you Ground Control. Adjusting vector 191-J31 to 310-Nb1. Over."

While Shinn moved on his own, Luna did it instinctively to stay close to her husband. The two flying towards the jutting rocky plateau that cast the cities northern side in shadow.

"This is Ground Control, thanks for stopping by Heavy Hammer, Humming Bird. You are cleared for landing. Over."

Luna snapped back as the two came in to land. While the city itself was gleaming metal, rising steel, and glittering glass, the garrison was built into the plateau and, if documents were to be believed, the complex wound through the mountains themselves. It was rather impressive the amount of work that this small garrison had gone through. Though something told Luna that there was something down there.

As the two Pilots reached within sight of the Garrison, they could see the landing strips, several in fact, that ran nearly ten miles from the base of the plateau and then curved upwards. Blinking lights along both sides of the runway helped to guide aircraft and mobile suits correctly onto the tarmac.

As both of them came in at an angle, they could see that, the roof of what once must have been a natural cave, had been expanded and raised nearly a hundred meters, after all, how else could they fit the Big Zam that currently was set off to one side.

"Humming Bird, Heavy Hammer, be advised. Tekkadon has landed and moved to the city already to begin defensive work. Most of the Mobile Suit cages are being used by the Big Green you no doubt have seen. It's legs are damaged so it won't be anything more then a stationary weapon platform. Over."

As the two came down and landed on the Tar Mac, they could see that the back of the cave had been replaced with a massive door, probably created by Vault-Tech or some other large corporation to be sure. It was however open, revealing the unfinished insides of the garrison. They certainly had Mobile Armor sized Expansion Efforts or even grounded vessels.

"Ground Control, this is Humming Bird, what is the current situation of the Evacuation? Over."

Shinn beat her to the punch as the two Gundams looked around, their exterior audio-recorders drinking in the sounds of rumbling as tanks and lower Mechs lumbered out of their Pens. They could see NEXTs, Wanzers, OmniMechs, Tactical Surfice Fighters, and a few Mobile Suits. The numbers were small however, given the size of the planet, but there was two that caught her eye.

Standing mightily, clad in Gundanium, and sporting a blade that seemed to be wreathed in flame, a ceremonial looking Mobile Suit stepped from its cage. A billowing cloak flowed behind the Mobile Suit as it walked towards the Gundams. Golden designs flowed across the mobile suit's shoulders and chest. Luna taking a few seconds to check the IFF, seeing as it said it belonged to Duke Isenho von Endrota himelf.

Both Gundam pilots received a hail at about the same exact time from the Noble. Their screens flashing to reveal the married couple of Duke Isenho von Endrota and Dutchess Alestra von Endrota herself sitting in the modified two seater cockpit.

"Noble Gundam Warriors, it does my aging heart good to see you have come to the surface. Thank you both. I have need of your experience. I would ask you both to attempt to keep air superiority over the city. We have few anti-air emplacements as our garrison's Catapults were expected to fill that role in the event of a pirate attack."

He was probably seriously regretting not putting in the additional credits for AA batteries or dedicated AA Mobile Suits or Mechs.

"The space bound forces are providing help and are now being deployed across the city, but a Gundam is still the strongest weapon I could ask for."

Luna nodded her head in understanding. Even as she turned to watch, several Catapults and two Heavy HOUNDS outfitted with Missile Packs and Flak Cannons. Luna nodded her head once more and looked towards Shinn before her attention shifted again towards Isenho.

"Well you can count on us! Honestly I'm not even sure if these aliens have a concept of mobile suits or combined arms warfare. We may be lucky and they only have air superiority fighters. I have to ask though...Duke..why are you in a mobile suit? I don't even recognize that model."

Even as she looked, the emerald gems on the sides of the shoulder pads would glow slightly as Izenho would nod his head.

"This is a Relic, not something I suspect you kids would have any interest in. It's name however, is Escaflowne. You would be wise to remember this."

Despite being smaller then the Gundams, the machine seemed to radiate a strange sort of malice that caused sweat to break out on their bodies. However this sensation passed as Klaxxan Alarms began to resound through the base. The Fisherman, which had been holding steady over the capital, fired a broadside towards the clouds. A few seconds later this was followed by a detonation before star ships began to break through the cloud cover and rush towards the ground.

"That seems like it is our time. Prepare yourselves!"


0121.09.26

Shanxi System -  Shanxi Capital:  Auttobenid

Tekkadan

Mikazuki Augus

When the first sirens began to sound, the young man that was Mikazuki Augus merely popped a grape into his mouth. The others of Tekkadan, including Orga, had been helping the local garrison set up sand bags at the various entrances leading into Auttobenid when the alarms started to sound and the Fisherman fired into the atmosphere.

Pulling up Tekkadon's Com, and the general Garrison Chatter, he listened in.

"We got vessels breaching the atmosphere. The Fly boys are trying to intercept but they have their own weapon systems. Bombers are flying on formation alongside fighters. Looks like a dogfight is about to begin."

Mikazuki, using Barbatos'es systems, logged the communication and brought up a 3d Map of Auttobenid. The Tactical display showed that the first landing craft had breached the atmosphere all across the planet. Hundreds of them, though some were vanishing as Mobile Suits or Fighters intercepted them on the way down.

"This is Jefferson of Seventh Squad, we got a ship landing a few kilometers from our position. Looks like they are unloading vehicles. Might be fast attack, but they are also deploying a lot of bodies. Hold on people, I think I see what our new neighbors look like. Ugly bastards actually. Over."

This caught his attention, Mikazuki would draw on the open channels before locating Seventh Squad of the 10th Planetary Garrison's Infantry Forces. They along with the rest of the 10th had been deployed along the southern wall and to lay mines outside the city. Upon finding their location, Barbatos brought up imaging from near by cameras to finally get a good look at the Aliens.

"This is Hanna of First Squad, yeah the same is happening over here. Looks like those vessels are drop ships and they are unloading infantry actually. Four eyed bastards, wait...I'm seeing other aliens... actually .. can someone confirm what I am seeing? Do those other aliens and even some of their own have collars around their necks? Over."

Mikazuki blinked several times as his system registered at least six distinct alien species being deployed near the 10th. The first that was most prevalent was a strange four eyed humanoid alien with ridges atop their head and two raised ridges on either side of their mouths. As Hanna had said over the radio, they sported collars, but they also wore battered looking armor. Some with patches of mismatched metals.

"This is Jessica of Tenth Squad, I am reading limited energy coming off those armor systems, be careful everyone they might have nasty surprises instore for us. Though Hanna is right, I'm reading ninety percent of the troops being deployed have some kind of collar wrapped about their necks. Though my Sniper tells me that some are outfitted with fire arms or some kind of shield, with I think...shock sticks? Can you confirm? Over?"

Well that certainly didn't spell anything good for them. Switching his optics on, Mikazuki shifted his attention to one of the other alien species that seem to be prevalent amongst these ground forces. Reptilian, given the scales covering their head, these aliens were much slimmer then the first. Their heads sporting two raised ridges that ended in points just above their eyes. Both of which were rather large. On some of them, their armor was more pronounced, identifying females of the species. Unlike the first, their hands ended in three fingers and their legs were bent like that of some birds Mikazuki had seen in the past.

"This is Taner of Second Squad. I can confirm that they are handing out melee and shields to the front line forces, the sticks seem to be releasing electricity. They are beginning to gather up, it looks ... yes it looks like they are about to make a push! Several more ships have landed, though one was taken out by a NEXT, have we tried to make contact yet? Over."

Even as Mikazuki watched the tactical display of the planet, more of the vessels seemed to breach the atmosphere and head planet side to unload troops and vehicles. The other alien that he saw caused his blood to run cold as for a few seconds he thought he was looking at a woman. Then he noted the blue skin and tentacles on her head. Some of them were in chains and weak looking armor, but others actually carried sophisticated weapon systems. What did that even mean?

"So this is Jessica again, we got blue girls out there, they seem to be two kinds? One with nice looking stuff and the other in hand-me-downs. Over."

"This is Ahab from from 14th over near the western wall, I can confirm this as well. Wait...holy shit! One of the blue gals just shot another who was trying to run the other way. Repeat, forced combatants are in play, I repeat, forced combatants are in place. Over."

The next Alien that Mikazuki could see was like the Blue women, in that there were those at the back with nice armor and weapons, and those in patched armor and with older models or something. Strange bone like growths covered the head, they seemed to even have mandibles of some kind as well. With ridges that ran behind their head. Like the second alien, they sported backwards facing legs and three fingered hands rather then the first and third aliens having five fingers.

"All forces, this is Duke Isenho von Endrota of Shanxi, I am deploying to the Southern side of the City to direct defense. If there are indeed forced combatants we will need to work to minimize casultie-"

Sadly his voice is cut off as the Fishermen, in orbit above the city lists sideways. Several dozen of the now leaving drop ships switch focus as they rush towards the Fisherman rather then go back into space. Six of them are blown out of the sky by the Particle Guns but, the civilian ladened warship is struck by others. Even as mobile suits of all kinds work to engage, the vessel is rammed and forced downward.

"Attention all forces! This is Captain Jesse Denton of the Fisherman! We have been breached, the Aliens have kamakazied into my ship and we are going down. Several of their ships apparently filled with high explosives. Vector puts us near the Devil Canyon. I repeat, Devil's Canyo-"

The vessel dips out of sight of Mikazuki as smoke and minor detonations rock the vessel as it begins to be dragged into the planet's orbit and drawn towards the ground as well. Their destination put them on the other side of the world and with several thousand civilians, well given the attacks that number may have become less actually.

"This is Duke Isenho von Endrota, I need a relief force to make for the  Fisherman  as soon as possible and guard it till we can prepare an evacuation effort to bring them here. I've been informed that the fighting in space is starting to turn against us and the fleet is pulling out. They have supplied us with all they can but the rest is up to us now. Men, Women, Citizens of the United Earth Alliance, let's give these aliens what for!"

Roars came up as the city seemed to shake from the soldiers on the ground, but still, compared to what the enemy was supposedly bringing, Mikazuki knew they were vastly outnumbered. However, even as he turned to watch, one of the Drop Vessels that had struck the Fisherman rose off the ground in the distance, beyond their artillery range, and rushed towards the city.

"Got a Crasher incoming, eastern wall. Mikazuki Augus, engaging."

The first shot fired from the ground came from his Gundam as it deployed one of its 200mm Guns from under the right arm and leveled it at the incoming ship. The air shook as the 200mm Spat Shells at the vessel, but to the suprise of many, the first two were intercepted by a yellowish field.

However, the field must have been weak as they failed after the sixth shot and a round punched through. A series of detonations caused it to dive towards the ground, where it dug a trench into the hard Shanxi Soil before whatever explosives it had inside cooked off and a mushroom cloud formed.

"All forces this is Almenov Benita of the Shanxi Garrison Command. Alien vessels are doubling as suicide bombers after they have unloaded their cargo. We have as well seen reports of armor mixed in amongst their forces. I want mobile suits to arm Anti-Personnel Weapons due to a lack of mechanized armor beyond what appears to be APC and Tank Analogs. As of this moment, all forces groundside are to prepare themselves, the enemy comes and we must last. Almenoy Out."

His words hung in the air as soldiers, both conscripted, volunteered, and enlisted, hunkered down behind sand bags, barricades, and vehicles used to form said barricades at every entrance into the city. Now they awaited the coming hailstorm to rain upon them. Mikazuki was granted the luxury of claiming fist kill of the City Defense Forces, but it would be far from the last.


0121.09.26

Shanxi System - Orbit

Expeditionary Fleet

Reinhard von Lohengramm

His ship shuddered and quaked as another series of rounds struck the vessel and he was nearly thrown from his Command Throne. A growl echoed from his lips as Reinhard barked out.

"We've taken enough of a beating, all vessels, begin a fighting retreat, we can't do much more against this onslaught and we've lost ten percent of our fleet already for a holding action. The rest is up to the good Duke and Shanxi."

Even as he said this, a barrage of missiles flew past the view ports on both sides, smashing into the alien fighters which had become engaged in a dog fight that they were rapidly loosing against the fleets remaining Mobile Armor contingent and the fighter squadrons.

The rumble of the spinal mounted "Lohengrin" Positron Blaster Cannon signaled the death of another Destroyer, leaving four more. The Bloody Red and Black beam sliced through the six hundred and eighty five meter long vessel's flank and ejected out the other side, claiming several fighters and a pair of Frigates at the same time.

Even as his ships, beaten and battered as they were from the strange weapon systems the aliens utilized pulled back, they seemed to switch their focus from the fleet one ship at a time to the planet. The Fisherman had already been struck and sent crashing to the planet below. His last report from Jesse was about boarders on top of the kamakazi strikes against his ship.

"All ships, recall your mobile suits and fighters, their pilots need rest and their systems need repairs."

Yet even still, some of the alien vessels decided to follow after the retreating fleet, though they found that the alternativing fields of positron fire was enough to deter them from doing such. They left behind some ten ships and a few hundred mobile suits and fighters, even though the enemy had lost nearly one hundred and fifty six of their original five hundred.

"This is High Admiral Reinhard Von Lohengramm, while this battle is lost, and now our sons and daughters lay in the freezing void of space, we will return. We will be switching to hit and run after we have gotten to the edge of the system. Even if a direct confrontation isn't feezable, we can still bleed them in space."

The com lines lit up, though he looked to the Comm Station, sighing, Abigail had gone planet side a month ago to visit her family and asked for extended leave to look after her sick mother. Bethany, her sister, had taken her place as the vessel's Comms. Reinhard turned back to watch the slowly shrinking planet of Shanxi, before his vessel and others jumped into the Point-to-Point Corridor and left the Shanxi System.


Information Added since the Last Chapter.

Troop, Mobile Suit, and Vehicle Transports:

ACA-01 Gaw

Meltoria-Class Battlecruiser

Wet Ships:

Bering-class

Mad Angler-class

SLV-111 Daedalus

Auerstädt

CVS-101 Prometheus

Stealth Aircraft Carrier Class: Asuka II

Ōsumi-class TSF Landing Ship

Meltoria-Class Battlecruiser

Alicorn - Class Fleet Submarine

Aurora

Fighters:

QF-3000E Ghost

Gunship

Splicer (Z-Type)

Splicer (G-Type)

DWG262 Czvarke Astro Combat Fighter

FF-XII-Fb Core Fighter II Full Burnern

FF-XII Core Fighter II

FF-X7-Bst Core Booster

Walküre

SB-10/10 Starwing

DT-6600 Daughtap

SF-3A Lancer II

Ground Vehicles:

B.M.C. Z78/2

Mitsubishi Type 90 Main Battle Tank

Heavy Vehicle/Land Ships:

Tenzan-class

Mobile Suits:

F-15 ACTV Active Eagle

Type-94-1C Shiranui

Type-89/F-15J Kagerou

Type-04 Shiranui Second

XFJ-01a Shiranui Second Phase

Sut herland

Destroid Defender

Destroid Phalanx

Destroid Tomahawk

Dire Wolf

Timber Wolf

Bio Raptor

Bio Megaraptor

Bio Ptera

Bamides

Panzer Hummel

Glasgow

Gun-Ru

HWR-00-Mk II Monster

VB-6 König Monster

Destroid Giant Monster

Raikō

Portman

Gekka

Gloucester

JDG-009X Death Army

Death Beast

Death Birdie

Eldora Army

Eldora Bull Brute

Eldora Hover Brute

Eldora Sea Brute

JDG-009X-ELB Eldora Brute

Trinity

Hecate

MS-09F Dom Funf

MS-09F/Bn Dom Bein Nichts

MS-09F/Gb Dom Gross Beil

MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen

YMS-23C Ghoul

EMS-10 Zudah

EMS-10F Zudah F

ZMT-S12G Shokew

ZM-S22S Rig Shokew

ZMT-S13G Godzorla

MSN-03 Jagd Doga

Special Units:

Bio Tyranno

Bio Volcano

Ganymede

Guren S.E.I.T.E.N. Eight Elements

Zangetsu

XM-07B Vigna Ghina II Jupiter Battle Specification

ZM-S22S 凶 Rig Shokew Magatsu

Escaflowne

Gundams:

ASW-G-56 Gundam Gremory

YG-111 Gundam G-Self

VGMM-Gf10 Gundam G-Lucifer

GAT-X303K Gundam Aegis Knight

ZGMF-X19AK Gundam Justice Knight

AGP-X1 Alus Core Gundam

PFF-X7 Core Gundam

PFF-X7II Core Gundam II

Ultimate Gundam

RX-78GP02R Gundam GP-Rase-Two

G-SAVIOUR

GN-001 Gundam Exia

Mobile Armors:

Glaug

HWR-00-Mk IP Monster

Macross Quarter

Sutherland Ikaros

Sutherland Sieg

Siegfried

Er114 Ideal-class Mechanized Annihilator

Arsenal Bird

Gyges-Class Aerial Warship

Spirit of Motherwill

Dioscuria

G-Rach

Armorzagan

GNMA-XCVII Alvatore

Space Ships of the Line:

Andromeda-class ship

Yamato 18th

Yamato 17th

Yamato

Andromeda

Blue Noah

Argonaut-class

Tristar class

Tokugawa class

Garfish class

Tadugane-class

Sidonia - Colony Class Warship

Walkit-class Heavy Space Cruiser

Roil-Class Assault Ship

Esminets-class

Bilsh-Class Patrol Ship

Byrsh-Class Patrol Ship

Caubh-Class Attack Ship

Deju-Class Patrol Ship

Kau-Class Patrol Ship

Gelvades-Class Astro Battlecarrier

Zoelguut-Class

Zentraedi Destroyer

Armor class

SDF-1

Space Ark-class

Squid-class

Reinforce

Trafalgar-class

SCV-102 Nelson

Landing Castle

Queadol-Magdomilla class

Northampton-class

Argonaut-class

Blue Noah

Andromeda

Yamato

Yamato 17th

Yamato 18th

Andromeda-class ship

Space Stations:

La Vie en Rose

Tirolian Mothership

SDF-1 Macross

Laplamiz-Class Mobile Fortress

Fulbtzs-Berrentzs class

Factory Satellite

Tirolian Mothership

Notes:

Author's Note: I would like to apologize for the length it took to get this chapter out, but I can say I enjoyed writing it immensely. If by chance one of you could point me to a good proof reader I would be appreciative.

The scenes with our stranded Quarians were inspired by the work of Half Life: Entanglement by ThePilotArchangel in how he choose the locations for the Resistance from old Military Instillations in the realm world. The other inspiration was Torfan. If the Batarian Pirates could build something like that, why couldn't a super power like the Turians build something as well? So the Quarians will be on the planet for a few weeks and act like the Resistance does towards their Combine Oppressors.

So the sections involving the Quarians in this and the next chapter are more about survival and their fight. But it will also allow me to enjoy the aspect of repairing and using the Bunker Complex as a survival means against Batarian aggressors. I have also modeled a lot of the interior design of the bunker off Vault-Tech's designs from the wonderful Fallout Games. I have been playing a lot of 4 as of late actually.

In addition, unlike most stories, the Batarians won't be morons in how they approach warfare, the component ones that is. Arrogance, sheltering, and manifest destiny views have given many in the military a knack for doing somewhat stupid things. Also I'm going to be doing some alterations because.. well.. The galaxy is titanic even if we are small compared to others. The idea that the Reapers only built their Relays on one place of the galaxy is silly.

So Relay Networks resemble a 360 Spiderweb rather then just a flat thing shown on maps. In addition, as I've explained on why fighting the Council is impossible for the current humanity, the said could be said for them in that humanity doesn't rely on Relay Networks and will easily force Council Forces to use them, and there for provide bottle necks in combat.

I am already beginning to think of how the next conflict after the Reaper War will go, and I have to say, I am working on a comprehensive list as we speak for them. However, I have since scrapped the Mass Effect Comprehensive List due to the simple fact that the Mass Effect Fandom...really let me down. There is barely any information on the Ships, Fighters, Vehicles, Wetships, Space Stations, Mechs...It's barely filled.

There is no information to go on and I won't be doing your guys job. I don't have the luxury and time to spend filling out hundreds of pages with the statistics for the mentioned sections in Mass Effect. It makes for very difficult planning when it comes to combat in the universe as a result of the lacking information compared to the Star Wars, Star Trek, Gundam, and Tales of the Galactic Heroes, or generally any other series.

If possible I'd love to see someone take up the mantle and try to make the Mass Effect Wiki as detailed as the Gundam or Macross Wiki is.

It is rather funny how many negative reviews this story got when i just released the first two chapters.

Like people never saw comprehensive lists before.

Here are what was all added since the last chapter!

Please Like, Favor, Subscribe, and leave a Review! I love to answer those when the chance arises.

Chapter 3: The Galaxy Unravels

Notes:

I am truly sorry that this took so long to produce and put out, life has been nothing if not hell since the last time I put out a chapter but I do hope you come to appreciate how much time and effort is going into these! I am really enjoying writing them actually.

Sadly a lot of negative reviews have been coming in in regards to the final chapter that I produced, the Comprehensive List for the United Earth Alliance'es Military. Before you ask, no, I won't be removing that. I don't care how much people complain, because of the simple fact that I need those chapters as much as the story does.

See there is a lot of information that I draw from, considering that this universe pulls from all but 2 of the major gundam series in both Lore and Characters. If I didn't have a comprehensive List of what is here, I very much believe I'd just get completely lost in it all given enough time. So no, the TimeLine and the Comprehensive Lists won't be going away anytime soon.

In fact, I have split the List into 3 parts, but I will hold off on posting the last two until after I have put out more chapters. So without Further Ado, Let's resume this story!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

0121.07.22

Chentari System  -  Quipla

Abandoned Turian Military Bunker

Quarian Migrant Fleet

Alexia Van Numenberg'Quipla

Alexia watched as the Turian Bunker Complex's systems were brought online one at a time. After power was restored two days ago, the surviving medical staff has been working around the clock nonstop to deal with suit breaches. Thankfully the Turians understood biologizes during the Krogan Rebellion and had installed bacterial scrubbing systems, old ones however, into their medical bay.

Scrubbed clean of airborne bacteria, Quarians could be undressed within the sterile environment as the remaining medical supplies were used to treat cuts, punctures, fevers, gashes, and the overall health of the two hundred Quarians inside the complex. However there had sadly been casualties due to the nature of some of the wounds inflicted during the crash. Six good Quarians have passed to the Homeworld.

In the meantime, those without punctured suits spent their time traveling the tunneled complexes of the bunker. Over a kilometer of interconnected tunnels and chambers, storing everything from outdated weapons and vehicles to dried food and powdered liquids.

At the least the Quarians would have some things to eat and drink but at the moment Alexia was at a loss of what to do next. As he looked about the interior of the command center of the now Quarian occupied Military Bunker.

Multiple broken screens have been otherwise replaced while the more clean oriented Quarians had put their backs into dusting and removing any spot of grime within the room. The Command Center was now a bustling hive of activity as the Quarians worked to restore ancient systems to present day standards.

In fact, Alexia turned his head towards one of the former engineers of the Numenberg'Quipla.

"Report, Bolep."

The silver suited Quarian turned towards the captain of their former ship before nodding his head, his Omni-Tool igniting across his hand as he flicked his three fingered hand and sent information to the main screen.

"Of course Captain. As we have finished mapping the entire complex we have established several fallback points in the event this place is discovered by the Batarians. While most of the coding is aged rather poorly, our remaining engineers have otherwise brought twenty percent of the coding to present day standards. However several sections aren't receiving the power they should be and as such we are working to discover where the break in the connection is occurring.

In addition we have discovered and catalogued some two hundred assorted Rebellion Era Firearms that we can fall back on in the event our current ones break for whatever reason. That isn't to say that what we have is going to last up but if you expect us to fight and face off against an entire planet then I must ask if you are truly fit to lead. Now we have two Type 9-Aj Spirit Ground Assault Vehicles and Six APCs from the Rebellion Age as well."

That certainly caught the Captain's attention as he turned his gaze to the screen to show the two armored tanks, covered in dust but based on scans, still usable.

"Why would the Turians leave such things to be abandoned?"

That question from one of the Engineers caused Bolep to chuckle as he shook his head.

"Probably forgotten about in the aftermath of the Rebellions as the Turians were being added to the Council for their services in stemming the Rebellion."

Alexia nodded his head in slight understanding before motioning for Bolep to continue with the situation.

"Ah yea, well continuing on. The medical bay and mess hall have both been restocked and the bacterial scrubber drones have been released on mass through the bunker complex while our engineers look for the air intake systems so that the drones can be implanted there and allowed to purify any air that enters and leaves the complex.

Other then that not much else has really happened in the last two days Captain. However Tali has managed to hack into the Batarian comm network rather easily and we have detected more movement from the pirates. In fact, the Systems can show us a proper picture of what they are doing right now."

With a few flicks of his hand, the screen displaying the complex was changed to show several camera systems located outside the bunker on the rocky outcroppings that the bunker was built inside of to begin with. While over half only displayed static due to the cameras themselves being destroyed, the others displayed a very different picture for those watching.

Starships could barely be seen through the thick cloud cover higher up as they breached the atmosphere and touched down here and there. Thankfully no where near their own location.

"As you can see Captain the Batarians are likely to turn this planet into another of their Slave Trading Posts. We have several options till we get in touch with the Council or the Admiralty but the choice is yours. We could merely wait it out, watch and gather as much information, or we do something really stuid and try to disrupt their operations… if they launch raids out of this system we might be able to save some of those slaves."

Alexia's options weren't what he would call tactically sound in any shape or form in any measure, but yet he understood that he had to think of the crew first before anything.

"I will have to put this into consideration...for now continue your work."


0121.08.19

Terminus Systems - Unnamed Sector

Quarian Pilgram Fleet

Admiral Rael'Zorah

Rael'Zorah smashed his hands into the keyboard as once again his pleas for aid had gone unanswered. The Admiralty was ignoring him, no, it was more they were refusing to help him. Again and again, he had tried for the last two months to insist that the Admiralty help him at the very least secure the remains of their people on the other side of the Relay. Yet each request was not only denied, but they seemed to be growing increasingly hostile towards him.

Accusations of putting the Migrant Fleet in jeopardy for his wayward daughter and associating with the Numenberg'Quipla was enough to put them all at risk. His fists smashed once more into the keyboard, and like every time prior, the screen would shift minutes after the failed attempt. Once again that synthesized voice and the image Geth had returned.

"Your attempt Failed Creator Rael'Zorah...the other Creators will refuse to aid you as we have expressed on several occasions. We will assist you in the return of your people but in doing so you know the cost."

Rael'Zorah would look down at his feet for a few seconds, before he stood up. If this was how things were going to be then he had no choice. For his family he would see the Galaxy burn if it meant giving those he loved just one more day of happiness. With a heavy heart he turned and started to walk out of his personal chambers.

One large bed, big enough to support two quarians, with a set of tables on either side of the bed at the head of it. While the room was slightly larger than others in the ship, it was only an additional ten meters compared to the Executive Officer of his vessel. In addition the room was decorated with several ancient paintings from Rannoch that had been saved when the Geth, the very artificial intelligence that had driven them off world, was offering to help him now.

"Rael you are treading on dangerous ground right now. You know what would happen if your communication to the Geth is discovered."

Ah there was the voice of the woman he loved. Always the voice of reason on this ship. Yet as Rael'Zorah turned to regard Aven'Zorah she placed a hand upon his chest and gently squeezed. His own hand clutching jets as he rested his forehead visor against her own.

"I know Aven but I have to take this risk. If what the Geth are saying is true Tali is still alive even after all this time. I will leave this damned fleet and damn myself if it means saving our daughter. If you need to report me to the Admiralty Board then do so but I won't give up on-"

A hand cuts off his ranting as Aven'Zorah would shake her head. Light blue accents on her own environmental suit shifting color as she steps around and walks to the single door leading to the hall. The walls of the bedroom were covered in books that his family had been able to salvage before the Quarian people fled at the end of the war. Book shelves filled with all manner of memories.

"I will happily join you and I think the whole of the ship will. You know how Tali brightened their lives simply by her actions. Each of them would give their arm to see her safely returned. So you need to think of the crew's feelings as well as your own Rael before you go through with whatever plan of insanity you have decided upon."

Always the voice of reason behind his hair brained schemes. Even when the two were young children they actively did things such as this. Where Ava would help to bring him back before he did something exceptionally stupid. Yet here she was. Not stopping and yet not helping him. It left him confused for a few seconds before he breathed out.

"Alright. Alright. I'll make a ship wide announcement then."

The sliding door leading to the hallway outside remained closed as Ava reached over to tap at the aging keyboard. The age of the vessel hadn't yet allowed it to be equipped with holographic computer systems and as such key cards and passcodes required to be manually punched into the pad. Looking back into the room, Rael'Zorah turned his gaze towards several picture frames that he had set off to one side of the bedding he shared with his wife.

Family photos from both sides of his and Ava'Zorah's family. Including as well pictures of Tali, they also had a few pictures of friends and crew from the various ships both parents had lived on over the span of their lives. Turning around, Rael'Zorah focused his attention on the hallway just outside the Admiral's Room. Like most Quarian modeled ships, Pre-Morning War at least, the hallways were narrow and easy to pass through to account for Geth being part of the Crew.

Wide spaces between the walls as it were. Rather than smooth armor lining the inside of the vessel's hallways to obscure piping and electricity wiring, Quarians had shifted the interior wall armor outside to leave piping and wiring exposed. This was due in part to the age of the vessels and the need to replace and repair sections as age wore on them. Even now as Admiral Rael'Zorah walked from his room, several Engineers and patrolling arms men stopped to salute before resuming their duties.

"Though I'm not sure how well the crew will take this order Ava. There will be those willing to work with the Geth but there are more that will prove hostile. What are we supposed to do about them?"

Thankfully internal systems allowed the two to keep talking and not be heard by the soldiers and civilians they passed. More hallways were traversed as the two walked towards a tram. Given that he possessed one of the few Dreadnaughts of the Quarian, and its staggering size, a tram was installed in its initial construction to allow for rapid transit. Though it's weapons were aged and considered obsolete by the rest of the galaxy minus the Krogans, it still could take a lot of punishment. Four kilometers of staggering metal and blistering weapon systems.

"I think I can come up with a solution but in the event of a possible mutiny you will need to get us far enough away from the Fleet so that they can't call for help. I would like this to be resolved without bloodshed if at all possible."

Rael sighed out as the two turned down another hallway and continued on towards their destination. It was too early to set into motion their goals but they need to think long term on this decision. It was more than likely many would disagree with the intended venture that he was putting himself and the crew through. A few seconds would pass as they walked by another opened door, another empty room where once a Quarian lived, now deserted. Like many other rooms within the ship. Rael'Zorah would breath out before speaking a few seconds later.

"I know...I am thinking of rounding those up and putting them on a shuttle. I can have the VI's compile a list of potential mutinous individuals ahead of the broadcast and sequester them off in the docking bays. That way we can minimize damages to the ship and hopefully get them onto a transport for one of the other vessels in the Migrant Fleet.

That is to say I have no true idea how well this idea will work Ava, but can you work on that while I speak with the other Officers? I know of some that would be sympathetic to this plan, though I'm not sure how well they will willingly go along with it."

A hand ran down his face plate, and Rael was once again reminded of how he subconsciously performed actions that would make no sense for a Quarian to do. More than likely an action or tick that was picked up due to watching other species doing it. He was tired, tired of this life, of living day by day in a suit. Confined to such a sealed environment that he could never escape due to the Geth. Yet, it was a Geth, not a fellow Quarian, offering to help him regain what he had lost. Ava'Zorah broke the accumulated silence a few seconds later.

"Well if that is the case I might have some suggestions."

Well that either boded very favorable for him or very poorly for whomever was on the receiving end of his mate's shenanigans.

"And what exactly did you have in mind?"

Despite the face plating covering his own visage, he could almost feel the smirk that resided beneath that helmet. Yet as her idea was explained while they walked, Rael found himself increasingly agreeing with it. Somewhat dubious, somewhat unethical, and two parts mad. Sometimes he was reminded where Tali got her penchant for hairbrained schemes from. It took a few more minutes before they reached their destination. The Tenth Deck Tram System.

"Well it would seem that we have some time to wait. I suppose this Rael. The Council will never let us colonize, usually due to one flimsy excuse or another. Though we can't settle in Council Space, and trying to settle in the Terminus is just asking for disaster. The Traverse however may be more accommodating to us in the long run. The Council is intent to sit back and watch us wither due to crimes two hundred years old. Why should we hold ourselves to their standards if one mistake is enough to doom our people to extinction."

Quarian Live Ships consisted of over two hundred decks. Some were short, some were long, some were wide, and yet some were narrow. The various decks differed depending on usage. They however needed some way to get from one side to the other and as such, these trams had been installed to ensure quick transportation. Ranging from simple civilian sized Trams for moving personnel to different decks, to larger Trams meant for cargo. The Tram Station they arrived at had a few dozen other Quarians of various sizes, colored suits, and genders milling about.

"Ava, what you are asking for is more then just disobeying the Council, it is asking for a potential full scale war. The Batarians would see this opportunity to finally gain the Quarians as a Client Race. Are you suggesting we ask the Geth to act as a shield till we can get back on our feet?"

However upon the arrival of the Admiral, many saluted out of reflex. Rael'Zorah merely waving them off and telling them to be at ease. The Tram Station itself was currently closed due to the fact that there was, somewhere in the four kilometer long stretch of track, a tram currently active. The doors on both sides of the station, merely being a series of metallic arches with the loading platform before them, were closed off by sliding heavy shielding. Metallic and Plastics mixed to form a rather artistic material. Strong enough to survive collisions with derailed tram cars, and yet light enough to be opened in the event that the doors jammed.

"That may well be what we need to do Rael. The Geth are offering to help us get Tali back, but what happens after that? You and I both know that the Council will react negatively to this...I wouldn't be surprised if they start moving Turian or even the Batarians to put an end to us after our alliance is revealed. They hate AI, and I know for a fact that they will use this to put the final nail in our coffin."

Several terminals lined the walls on both sides of the station for use by Quarians, along with some decorative plants and benches were set between these terminals to allow for waiting as well. Between the three arches that were currently blocked by the protective walls, two sets of large metallic poles jutted from the floor to the ceiling. Suspended from four sides, a flat, perpendicular 2D Map of the 10'th Deck Tram System was displayed. While the Tram ran the underside belly of the ship, there were several branch off points to other sections.

"Ava my love….I know all this...if the Geth do not agree to help protect us, then we as a species will more then likely be condemned across the galaxy. I will not blindly lead our people to a slaughter if there are alternatives. Perhaps the Council can be reasoned with before they act in fear and haste. Though before them I worry about the other Admirals. Some may even side with the Council if they decide to go through with this."

Helpfully there was even a little diagram set to the side which detailed the meaning behind the different designed lines and their accompanying colors. Red solid line tracks went from the nose of the ship all the way down to near the engines. Though they did split off at certain junctions to lead to elevators which would take you to higher or lower decks of the vessel. A blue broken up line represented the opposite coming tram which ran from the engines to the front of the vessel. Like the Red Line, this one had break off points which would connect to elevators to go to other Decks.

"The Migrant Fleet will scatter more than likely once the other Admirals realize what is going to come after we leave. We will be a people truly dashed to the winds, but was that not our fate already once we left Rannoch? Left to wander aimlessly and adrift."

Smaller and more numerous Green Solid Lines ran off from the Blue Line, but were shorter and tended to end at important sectors of Deck 10. Orange Broken up Lines ran off the Red Line and fulfilled the same purpose as the Green Line but on the other side. A large display overlooking the center arch stated that the Tram was to arrive in half an hour.

"We truly do stand at a crossroad don't we...we've made our beds. Though I may have an alternative to using the Geth to shield us from the Council. I'll forward it to your Omni-Tool but the Fleet has been receiving strange bursts of coding and energy from the Attican Traverse for some years now. It might be that other species have risen from their world. We might be able to find some kind of asylum within their borders. Any space faring species would have need for good engineers and given our own jump start, we could offer our technical aid in exchange for said Asylum."

The notion had promise and the idea was starting to grow as Rael'Zorah would send a silent message about wanting to talk to the crew around them. Sitting down, Rael would turn his attention to the others in the Tram Station.

"I have to ask you all, as you no doubt know, we are currently sitting in the Terminus awaiting the other Admirals decision on our next course of action in regards to the Numenberg'Quipla. I have had no success in changing their minds to go after the ship and its crew. My own daughter is on that vessel, more than likely some of you have either friends or a family member scattered about the rest of the fleet.

If it was your own families or friends stuck on that vessel, stranded, with Batarian Raiders and Pirates potentially enslaving them...would you wait and debate?"

This caused several of the Quarians to turn towards others. A mother grasped her son's hand. A lover intertwined his with his husband's own. Then one of them stepped forward. An older man, missing an arm, clearly having served with the Marines aboard one of the other ships.

"Well sir, if I may be so bold as to say so, but the bosh'tets aren't worth our time if they are going to sit on their assess while our own are in the line of fire. I say we go through that Relay and get our own back!"

Well that certainly helped with his current mood. Nevertheless, as more Quarians voiced their approval of these ideas, some dissenters would emerge. The young, the brash, and even the arrogant.

"They opened a Relay, you all know that by Citadel Law they and their entire species are punishable. This falls on all Quarians. We can't take any more strain than we already are. At this rate they may just cut off all support from their worlds and refuse to even let us journey there."

The young man had a point but at the same time, the Council had thrown them out to die the moment the Morning War had ended in Geth Victory. They had been left for extinction to begin with after all. As the debate and arguments started to rise, Rael'Zorah and Ava'Zorah looked towards one another, nodded their heads, and stood up. Rael was the first to speak.

"Then I ask you, if I decide to go through the Relay with this vessel to save those on the other side, would you follow me? I can't promise you anything. In all likelihood we may well be going to our own demise. If you want to leave the vessel then meet in Hanger 6 on Deck 100."

Silence met his pronouncement before an eruption of anger, confusion, agreement, and even threats were directed at him from the crew before them. Yet none moved to approach, held in check by those that agreed with his and Ava's joint decision. Even as the Tram finally arrived and Quarians left, they were swept up into the talk. The conversation slowly swelled as those leaving joined and those there left. This would ensure that talk would spread amongst the ship and more than likely the Migrant Fleet itself.


0121.09.18

Serpent Nebula - Citadel

Council Chamber

Galactic Council

Sparatus

Stomping from the Council Chamber, Sparatus would grind his teeth and mandibles against one another in frustration at the fact that the Batarian Ambassador refused to even acknowledge the fact that raids were being carried out in Citadel Space now. Though he supposed he shouldn't have been surprised, the four eyed slimy bastards rarely if ever played fair when it came to this sort of game. What he wouldn't give to be a soldier again instead of a politician. Things on the field of battle made more sense.

However as he was leaving the council chambers, a hand grabbed ahold of his right and he reflexively reached for the person's throat. Thankfully, the Salarian Councilor was former STG and caught the reflexive grab. The Salarian and Turian looked into one another's eyes before they both released and stepped back. Sparatus was the first to speak.

"Valern, you damn near gave me a heart attack and you a broken neck, so what did you stop me from going to drink?"

The Salarian would merely motion for him to follow. The two had grown to be fast friends, despite the others penchant for more shadow operations. It was no wonder he endorsed so many salarian Specters since the whole reason behind their existence was to hit potential enemies in the shadows. With a sigh, he followed behind Valern, stepping down to the right of the entrance of the Council Chambers and moved down the hallway that connected to the personal chambers of the Councillors. The hallway was stark, lacking anything personal, since the Councilors constantly changed, at least for the Salarians and Turians compared to the Asari.

It took merely minutes for the two to reach their destination in the form of Valern's office. The automatic door opened as soon as the Salarian arrived. The two pass into the room, Sparatus sweeping his eyes across the single desk, the picture frames on the walls, the computer system atop said desk. A picture frame, one not of a holographic nature but a physical thing, something that many would have said were outdated and not belonging in today's world. On the right side of the room, were a pair of old Salarian and Turian Duelist Sabers, the shine on both showing that they were well maintained. Turning to Valern, he motioned for him to speak, Valern took his time sitting down before looking into his eyes.

"I've several reasons for us to meet here in private...the first is that my contacts in the STG have sent to me several pieces of disconcerting information from both the Quarian Flotilla and the 314 Relay."

Turning the screen around, he began bringing up images, the first of the Quarians, specifically, one of their larger vessels breaking off and rushing away from the rest of their Migrant Fleet. Then the image changed, showing it now near another Relay as something emerged from it. A single word rolled out of Sparatus'es mouth.

"Geth...:"

The Salarian would sigh out as he turned the image to show the Admiral of the ship. A name appearing beside it as Valern explained.

"Admiral Rael'Zorah, Father. Daughter, Tali'Zorah. Last sighting on the only Quarian vessel not accounted for, Numenberg'Quipla, speculate, Father growing desperate to ensure daughter is alive. Contact or Contacted by Geth. Reasons unknown. Likely to never. Accepted aid. Now move towards the unknown Relay in Terminus."

This floored the Turian, causing him to sit down. Yet again another reason to curse his predecessor for his decision to merely reject the Quarians pleas for aid and banish them from citadel space. The Geth and Quarian, at least this ship, had made contact and it would only be a matter of time till something happened. He had been covering and redirecting funds towards contacts in the Pilgrim Fleet. Perhaps it was guilt, or perhaps it was his Turian Soldier in him that hated the idea that a whole species was being persecuted for something out of their own control.

"So he wants to ensure his daughter is alive, but turning to the Geth..that seems insane..the Quarians are already being accused of opening a Relay without permission and now with this new information we might include consorting with Artificial Intelligence."

Sparatus was already beginning to pace slowly even as the information on the screen remained the same, swiftly turning towards his fellow Councillor.

"I am sorry but this can't be allowed to become wider knowledge. You and I both know what kind of precedent this sets for the Quarians. Despite their past failings their entire race would likely be hunted even more than they are now, though you said you have something else to share with me Valern? The Quarian Matter can be pushed aside till we talk with Tarvos and see her stance."

The Salarian Councillor would nod his head as the screen shifted the images presented before it. Showing the Chentari System, and then zooming in on Quipla itself to showcase the ships in orbit. The fleet however was staggering just from the images.

"Batarian and Pirate Fleet in Chentari System, taken two days ago from spy probes attached to Relay. Four Hundred Patrol ships. Classification puts nearly half that as Boarding Vessels or Slave Collection Craft. Above Standard Raider size for empty space. Likely where raids on Citadel are coming from."

This was wonderful news at the least, they now knew where the raids were coming from after the last few months. Though his eyes were drawn to the other composition of the fleet arranged within said system. A previous Turian outpost following the end of the Krogan Rebellion.

"The only thing of importance in this system before it likely being connected to the Relay the Quarians opened in the Terminus is the old bunker complex on Quipla. Funny that the Captain had the same word in his name. Think his parents took inspiration from it or something? What else can you tell me about this fleet Valern?"

The screen shifted out more to show additional vessels, highlighting the Boarding and Slave Carrier ships in Purple. Next over a hundred vessels were highlighted in blue.

"One Hundred Patrol, Escort, and Light Carrier Frigate class vessels. Higher standard then what we would see in anything other than a Batarian Military force. Might suggest deceptions are no longer important since Chentari System gives Batarians a chance to finally push into Citadel Space."

This was still small fries compared to what the Council could put out but it did set a dangerous precedent if the Batarians were finally deciding that they were finished hiding behind lies of Pirates capturing or defecting admirals taking fleets with them. Sparatus would tap his chin before speaking up.

"That is curious though, they wouldn't normally place that many patrol vessels in one system let alone one without any major cities. I may be jumping to conclusions but I am betting that this system is also serving as Slave Processing now as they can't yet get back to the Terminus unless they start opening more Relays and hoping for the best."

Next the screen zoomed back to display the next class of vessel which had been dyed a deep red. Valern would continue speaking while fiddling with his Omni-Tool.

"Twenty Cruisers in system, some models marking them as Mercenary Groups or captured older modeled Cruisers. Likely form kill teams to ensure larger vessels are separated and overwhelmed. Positions suggest clean lines of fire on Relays. Prepared for attack."

This was a curious situation that only made hitting this place that much harder given how the Batarians had deployed their ships across the system. Their Admiral was clearly competent enough to understand what they were doing. Sparatus would nod his head, reaching down to zero in on one of the Cruisers, seeing an aging Turian amongst the vessels grated at him.

"Well this does provide us some much needed closure, this Cruiser bares the mark of the 15th Patrol Group. Lost with all hands and outside of the radio range of any relay. I am sure their Spirits are at ease knowing we found them now. This still leaves finding out what became of the soldiers and the rest of that patrol group."

Shaking his head, he motioned for Valern to continue, which he did by shifting and highlighting another section of the ships, twelve in total for their Battleship contingent in the system. Those vessels did look as if they were a mix of species so it wasn't all Batarian at least. This however meant that they had different strengths and weaknesses. Nothing was uniform with this fleet it would seem. Valern would speak up and catch his attention.

"Twelve Battleships, an outdated vessel classification due to costs needed to build following end of Krogan Rebellions. Supplement with packs of Cruisers and Destroyers. However, Batarians never entered peace with Terminus. Still fights break out between minor empires in Terminus. Necessity of Battleships still. Will require Council to bring such facilities back online for use if plan to invade and pacify Terminus is to be done."

There was something to be said from Sparatus in that he never approved of Decommissioning battleships as a classification. Perhaps it was a fascination with the class and their exploits in the last two wars but they had earned the admiration of many admirals and warship enthusiasts across the Council. The Asari however say otherwise and pushed for their decommissioning as a Ship Classification and the mothballing of those in the class. The idea that they would be making a glorious return lit a fire in the aging heart of the Turian. Images of those mighty guns belching fire into oncoming vessels filled his mind before he shook his head and looked to Valern, whom had a knowing smile on his face.

"I won't say I am unhappy with that assessment. Cruiser Wolf Packs work well against Dreadnaughts but a Dreadnaught supplemented by an escort of Battleships and Heavy Cruisers, like the Fleets of Old brings a flame to my heart again. The navies have become complacent, it will do us good to field the Legends of Old once again Valern. However the Batarians committing twelve of them to this system poses a massive tactical problem. None of the current generation Admirals or Navy in any of the Council Species have experience facing Battleships...but I think I know some who might."

This brought a hum to the Salarian before he sighed out and crossed his arms. Speaking up a few seconds later.

"Krogan."

This wasn't a question. This was a statement. The only other species with still living members that had faced Battleships were Asari but they were either retired or to rusty. A Krogan however, might be just the individual needed for this. Sparatus would nod his head with a grin. He knew just the Krogan for the job as well it would seem. That said, the screen shifted to the final two ships in the system. Shaded a vibrant emerald green, the Dreadnaughts stuck out like a sore thumb, given how massive they were compared to everything else in the system itself.

"Two Dreadnaughts. Unprecedented number for even a fleet. In a single system as well. Will require similar amounts to crack. However, more important is the planet."

That last statement drew Sparatus'es attention from his own internal debate on who would be sent to deal with this hornets nest in the system. For as he watched, the image of the system changed as it shifted to a 3D rendering of a slowly growing series of rooms and hallways. Red dots moving through them or congregating in other sections.

"Quipla Bunker complex is being brought online by either Batarians or surviving Quarians. Systems not yet up to current generation technology to allow for contact of outside forces. Old STG Systems embedded in Decommissioned Bunker, like all Post War Facilities in the Galaxy, have detected fluctuating energy signatures inside. If possible, Quarians seeking to survive till aid comes...will make suggestions..controversial. Send force, headed by Destiny Ascension. Distract fleet in system, earn graces with Quarians by providing them means to enter and exit. Might ensure they reject Geth proposals."

This was a sound idea but not one that the Admirals of the Council would agree with. Many having deep running hostility towards the Quarians over simple slights or just in general xenophobia. It was disconcerting how quickly former allies would turn on a wounded one only after a few hundred years. Though he stopped as something Valern said registered in his mind. Spartacus would frown at his friend.

"Wait...you said that there are STG Monitoring Equipment in now Decommissioned Sites from the Wars...Valern..how much has the STG been bugging things across the Council?"

His friend had the decency to look somewhat sheepish, if Salarians could in anyway look the part despite their facial features. He would speak a few seconds later after composing himself.

"Agent...may have planted one in Aria of Omega's Personal Bedroom and Bathroom under guise of repairs...Sixty Years ago...have much footage and sound of her sexual exploits or less than respectable actions."

And like that Sparatus would be reminded why he hated information organizations. Oh he understood their importance but by the Spirits were there some things that didn't need to be monitored. Clearing his throat, the Turian would pinch the bridges of his mandibles.

"So we know the fleet size and we know that there may be surviving Quarians...but that can't be all the STG had been able to discover is it? I noticed something about the system that isn't yet logged in its history...its secondary relay has been activated."

This caused his friend to look sideways. Oh so he knew about it already, why was he not surprised? This did beg the question of when the Batarians had done this and for what purpose. However the answer he received left him falling into his seat. Valern explained a minute later.

"Batarians did not open Secondary Relay...Unidentified Reason, believed to have been done from otherside. Suggests...unknown species on other side of Relay. STG meant to move the vessel through to begin investigation. Arrival of Quarians and Batarians waylaid the mission."

This floored the Turian, but then that begged the question of how long the STG had known about the situation and by extension the Batarian Presence in this system. He slowly rose from his chair with an actual growl, causing Valern to look up with apologetic eyes.

"You knew...you all knew they were there and did nothing to warn us?!"

Valern looked away before beginning to fidget.

"Deemed...necessary Catalyst. Council has grown….Complacent. Situation in Terminus reaching point of inevitable spill over into Citadel Space. Growing resentment amount frontier colonies. Unknown Agency in Turian and Asari Space having compromised or killed STG Agents. Needed unifying force to bring Council and Species to wake up...Must Understand, Council can't remain weak, found some evidence of something."

Even as Sparatus wanted to reach over to strangle his friend, he shifted and looked at the image being shown. A debris field of some kind. Scattered debris that lay orbiting the largest ship he had ever seen, if it could be considered a ship at all. In many ways it almost resembled a living creature rather than just another ship of some kind. Six legs seemed to stretch from the body, well four and a half, seeing as two had been torn off in the conflict. Gaping holes covered the six kilometer long vessel. It's hull a dull black with what looked like scorch marks covering it.

Surrounding it were other vessels, these were as strange as the one in the center, after all there were few accounts of what kind of Vessels the Protheans used in the past. Six of them, torn and sundered into many pieces, circled the massive Leviathan in the center of the debris field. Its size producing a minor gravitation field.

Gone was the anger, replaced with fear and curiosity.

"Valern, what exactly am I looking at here?"

Valern would shift the image to show some additional views of the strange vessel, almost organic in texture as well as shape compared to what they would normally use for an actual vessel. The strange construct almost had an organic texture despite the obvious wounds inflicted on it. The gorged and rent hull? The multiple rents across its front. Yet when he shifted his attention, the Turian noticed the dating on the picture. 2010. The current age was 2257. Over two hundred years ago. This caused the Counselor to snap his head up and glare at his friend, another Salarian coverup it would seem.

"Discovered by STG in 2010. Orbiting distant planet in Terminus...theorized to be Prothean. Never uncovered what is."

The next image that is brought up, showed the same location given it was basically overlaid, and the wreckage having vanished. In its place, were several Salarian Vessels, as well in states of disrepair or even destroyed.

"Upon arrival, engineers enter starship. All contact lost an hour later. All contact with exploration fleet lost an hour after. STG fleet arrives. Find vessels missing, wreckage missing, and remaining research fleet in Ruins."

Well that was a rather ominous situation but he failed to see what that had to do with current events.

"Ok. You've sufficiently convinced me of a failed research attempt, one over two hundred years old. Why break code and show me this however? The STG is likely to kill us both for even knowing that they failed something they set out to do."

His friend looked up and their eyes met for a moment before a sigh escaped the Salarian's lips.

"Daultress believes events may play out beyond relay. Open Relay in 314. Thing that was found near Relay 314 may be on other side of Relay or clues to its existence. Threat posed, extreme. Single vessel able to take on six others, unprecedented power. Wreckage collected at site of Lost Artifact suggests most were inflicted with Mass Effect Weaponry. Largest intact vessel bisected from nose to engine. Bypassed shields. No footage recovered. Suggests Lost Artifact had working weapon still. Implications of damaged but functional vessel could do such against a research dreadnaught, with current generation shielding, highly uncomfortable."

Even damaged, this supposed vessel could still generate the power to bisect a Research class Dreadnaught? That was not only impressive but moved into the realms of impossibilities. And then it and several ships of the Salarian Research Division had vanished while the others appeared to have fired on one another?

"Ok so if this is as dangerous as you say, why would you wait till now to let me know about this. Or let Tevos know about it as well?"

Valern let out a soft sigh as he shook his head, looking down towards the keyboard for a few seconds.

"Can't trust Tevos. Asari have other agendas, to keep power as best they can, are slow to change, need to let you know before bringing her in. Yet things may be complicated as well beyond that, Spy Drone entered Relay 314. Captured Images of what lay beyond...implications of First Contact Heavy. Batarians may make power grabs to subjugate new species. However unsure how things will go, technological advancements suggests alternative tree then Mass Effect."

Well that certainly caught Sparatus'es attention after everything. At this rate he needed to sit down, and so he decided to. Sitting down before the desk, Sparatus would run a hand over his eyes before he let out a soft, but tired, chuckle.

"I'm reminded of why I hate you Intelligence Types, always hiding something, but this...Valern this is insane, what you are showing me, it's going to turn the galaxy on its head. All the implications about the Batarians, first contact for the first time in two thousand years, and that isn't even touching on whatever the hell that ship is that the Salarians found….and what the hell am I looking at now?"

What indeed. The screen showed what appeared to be bipedal, humanoid, constructed by the dozens in several different models and shapes given the overall design and coloration. Some with Turain or Salarian proportions, with digitigrade legs and three fingers, holding weapons like a soldier would on the battlefield, something that Sparatus silently approved of. To many Built in Weapons for droids nowadays, complicated things. Others were seemingly built akin to the Asari in terms of body shape and style. Though they were green in coloration or white and red.

"New Species, believe to be mobile armor based on weapons shown. Interesting design choices for them. Hard to decide how they will stand up to Mass Effect Weapons. However troubling detection by Drone. Detection of Nuclear Energy from both these strange humanoid vessels and the star ships in the system. Largest of which is Dreadnaught size but shows few weapon emplacements. Suggests alternative purpose then direct fire support."

Sparatus leaned in to study the various vessels in system and the strange make of some of them. There seemed to be distinct groups, suggesting something not unlike what the Citadel would put out, with six different species all working together. The first to be highlighted were what appeared to be civilian vessels.

"If we go by the same measuring convention as our own, then I'm counting Fifty Six Corvette sized vessels. Impressive to be sure but can we get your screen to highlight one. I'm noticing several distinct features on one of them. Computer, bring up the following Grid Coordinates. -499.7 Z, 450.1 Y, 1,570.4 X. Highlight one of the vessels in the grid coordinate."

The image of the solar system was quickly overlaid with grid coordinates, starting first from the sun and moving outward. Then the same grid that the sun was in became highlighted. Valern watched as the grid grew dull before the one to the right of it was highlighted. Then it started to move down in this manner. Highlighting before dulling as the computer jumped from one grid box to another in a few seconds. After a minute it would finally reach the grid requested, below the Celestial Plane. The map melted away as the single grid filled the scent and displayed the numerous vessels in it. Still no where near as many as the Batarians however.

Fifty Six Corvette analogies were highlighted a dull silver in coloration. Twenty of them were two hundred and twenty eight meters long from bow to engines. The strange vessel was almost rectangular if not for the triangular sections on the bow of the vessel. With two jutting pieces of gun grey metal that tapered off into points on both the top and bottom of the bow. From the camera angle, four openings jutted from the sides of the triangular section of the vessel.

Further down from the bow, on the top deck and the sides, three single barreled cannons of some kind, the computer highlighting each with a dull yellow coloration as it listed off its length. Though what caught Sparatus'es attention. Was the fact that the three and from what he could tell via glancing there were five others, and each were mounted in a turret base that could shift, but what appeared to be a ball socket of all things.

"You're seeing the same thing I am right? A ball socket? With that kind of base inside of the turret itself you'd have to sacrifice a lot of necessary armor to keep it maneuverable. As it stands this specific application of mass effect technology is by far the stranger I've seen."

His fellow councilor nodded as they resumed studying the vessel. For behind the three turrets, the deck on top was marred by eight squares that stuck out. On either side, jutting from the frame of the ship, both on the port and starboard sides of the vessel. A shifting mechanism could barely be seen connected to a series of three interconnected boxes. Each black as the starless night sky with five holes on each of them. Leaving to a total of fifteen holes. It was as they were examining this clear weapon systems that Valern came to a realization.

"Five...cluster of fives. Might be hypothesis but potential species uses mathematics based on series of fives. Not unlike Asari. Could suggest five fingers compared to Salarian Three or Turian Four."

Well that was somewhat helpful information but at the same time not as helpful as it should be. Though the fact that such a small ship bolstered so many weapon systems on just the front deck did cause Sparatus to rub his chin in thought while looking over this species smaller vessels. Above and behind what he could only guess were missile pods, four single barreled, ball mounted turrets rested on a jutting section of hull. Above and below the edges directly on top and below one another.

"Well we can say that even on their small ships they don't skimp on the fire power. Twenty One individual weapon systems for just the bow of the ship alone. This does give me some ideas...maybe I should see about getting the Dagger Dreth another go over, could be useful if we have to face these kinds of vessels in the future for whatever reason."

His eyes looked over the bridge that jutted from the center of the ship, complete with small ball mounted ruttets, small ones above the brdige, two twin linked ones off to the sides atop mounts, and one behind it between the fins that jutted from the sides. However is was what jutted from the sides of the ship that really caught his attention, and by extension below.

Three Twin barreled cannons of some kind, complete with fins off to the backs. The arms that led out of the port and starboard sides of the starship sported four strange box like indentions along their tops facing forward. Like the four between the juts in the middle of the vessel and the command tower. Below the center of the arms that led to the rather impressive cannons, a section looked as if it could slide into the vessel itself. Valern even spoke up after noticing.

"Open space in vessel suggests ability to slot back in. Perhaps useful for docking with space stations. Implication that species has more then one. If they had to few they would forego the extensions and merely place cannons on port and starboard side directly. Curious but might imply they are more expansive then believed at first. Or not bothered with design flaw and continued to use it. Thought for later."

Even from below the vessel sported one of those large twin barreled cannons, atop the Keel of the ship, bright red compared to the otherwise dull grey of the vessel. Directly behind the two arms and the bridge which were all placed in the center of the vessel or directly behind the center mass, four sets of single barreled turrets jutted from the sides above the engines. The engines themselves were clustered into a single group of four with light velvet coloration just above the actual exhaust for the Engines. A block of armor jutted past the engines, with triangular sections between each eingine.

"Interesting, seems they didn't want strikes to hit multiple engines, so they tacked on additional hull sectors to provide a buffer between the four engines. So that unless its a broadside, the enemy can at best take out two engines at once, leaving the other two unscathed. Very imaginitive."

Valern nodded his head as the screen switched focus to another vessel in a similar length as the first one.

Where the first was somewhat practical in its appearence, looking more like what one suspects of a vessel, twenty of these stark green colored ships broke from conventional designs. In fact, upon closer inspection, one couldn't help but be reminded of an insect of some kind.

"What kind of demented engineer would ever allow such a repulsively designed ship ever leave their docks? It's so strangely built..."

The ship in question's bow started with a jutting point that sloped down to the body of the ship itself. Directly below the nose of the bow, a single quad-barreled turret sat, while farther down from this, four tube looking indentions sunk themselves into the hull of the ship. Directly below that, a large twin barreled cannon, much like the others farther back on the ship, pointed downward.

Directly behind this cannon, a set of wings jutted from the sides, while above, ventral openings seemed to suggest some kind of direct launch bay, three of them on the bow of the ship on both the port and starboard sides. However it was the iconography above the Bow of the ship that caught Valern's attention with interest.

"Curious...looks less like nation's symbol and more like...Turian Housing Coat of Arms? Implication of Nobility? Archaic governing system having long since been removed from Citadel Species due to probabilities stemming from unchecked powers and corruption. Implications of Nobility very troubling. Could mean multiple branches of same species. After all, two vastly different ship designs suggests same."

Sparatus had to wholly agree with his friend. He had gone up against, in his days in the military, of a planet that had tried to succeed from the Turian Hierarchy in the past. A self Proclaimed Noble of ancient Past of a still thriving lineage. His soldiers were fanatical and were difficult to deal with by the more green bloods he had been working with. If he recalled correctly, the Asari and Salarians had to step in when the conflict started to drag in local systems and attract Terminus Warlords.

The symbol itself was shaped not unlike a flower to Sparatus'es eyes. Stemming from an arrow that jutted below, its would have two pedals that branch off to the sides below a circle that surrounded the center of the Symbol. Two jutting spikes thrust from the sides of the circle, with another two inside of it, directly connected to the stem. The top of said stem was crowned with three elongated lines that would rise up and to the sides while passing through the circle itself.

The strange shape of the vessel would be complimented with what seemed like two sections. The first section of the vessel was shaped like a somewhat flattened piece of bread, with large slabs of green metal jutting off to the sides on what seemed to be pistons, but given the way they could be retracted, as shown on some of the others, this presented a curious idea.

"So if I am guessing this right, those metal plates, might be for extra defense or they are merely to be latched onto, maybe by docking like the other vessel?"

Behind these metal juts, two fins, one above and one below, stuck out. The ship itself was divided into two halves, both sides connected by a bridge which sported three more of those twin barreled cannons. Sloping back to what could only be the command bridge, raised as it was, two sets of twin barreled ball turrets stuck out from the sides of the strangely designed hull. With raised fins directly behind those. Two more bridges connected the nearly disconnected engines to the bottom of the bridge sector, rounding out the whole bizarre design.

However, as the two watched, a sudden noise drew their attentions, causing Sparatus to blink in confusion and Valern to gasp as they watched dozens of encrypted documents arrive on hiss system. A few seconds later, Sparatus'es own Omni tool would light up as it received the same documents. Both of then opening up the first entitled, "Mother's Milk". A title that greatly confused both Councilors Valern opened up the first document, finding it contained a written report and nearly two Terabites of Data. It read as such.

"From: SPECTER Agent, Saren Artarius

Councilers, if you are reading this then my automated VI has detected I have left its detection area and has sent all accumulated Data I have compiled on the operations of the Batarian Slavers which have been striking at the Core Regions in the last few months. No doubt the Salarians have already found where they are but haven't been able to gain access to internal systems. However I have. Inside the document packet sent with this report is a collection of bank statements, direct transactions, and above all else, where the slaves are intended to be taken after this. Right now we are on  Quipla  but I already assume you knew that. There are I am guessing, seven to eight hundred individual "slaves" here that have been recently taken. I've identified at least fifty missing persons from across the Turian Hedgemony whom were reporting missing at least half a decade ago.

As it stands the Batarians have got something wedged up their cloeka and have been mobilizing and outfitting as many as they can with shock collars in preparation for something. I've no idea. Bastard in charge of this operation is an old friend of ours actually, about twenty years ago the Batarians tried to put him forth to become a SPECTER actually.  Octab'noel. It was a good thing he didn't hold a grudge or recognize me after everything, I'm cutting things close and need to save this file. Following this, you'll find more proper mission statements and accumulated information to finally bring charges against the Batarians.

Saren Artarius, Signing off"


0121.10.04

Entrota System - Fallback Point Gama

Expeditionary Fleet

Reinhard von Lohengramm

Reinhard softly groaned as he pushed off the Command Seat and rubbed his aching neck, they had managed to pull back the day before after the Blitzkrieg that aliens had thrust upon them since leaving the God's Gate. The attack had come without warning, which confused many in the fleet. Thankfully, the Captains had responded in good fashion and started to fight back. Yet there was still the simple fact that so many had been lost, in the opening salvo, that they had been forced to begin a fighting retreat.

Sure, they could have won, given what he saw when he reviewed camera footage from various Mobile Suits and Fighters. The vessels seemed to buckle under Beam fire compared to solid slugs which were intercepted by shielding before they could strike the vessels themselves.

"Ben, what is the status of the fleet?"

A question that had been plaguing him for some time now. The last day had been spent with the crew. While he was at his heart a Noble, high above the Peasantry. He had been trained in a plethora of services. So for the last day, he had been hands deep within the various crew members that had been otherwise injured during the battle before they had pulled back.

Ben, a young man in his twenties, would turn his head towards Reinhard before beginning to list off the various damages to the fleet overall.

"Well out of the vessels we had in system, we lost Eight Imperial Escort Ships, Four Imperial Medium Cruisers, Three Tadugane-class, One Walkit-class. The Federation took substantial losses, with Fifteen Salamis and Salamis-Kai Class, Seven Garfish class, Three Oberth class, and a single Armor Class. However our allies amongst Zeno have yet to file their report losses."

Well that was something of a surprise. He felt that his efforts had mattered to less as the enemy has scored more kills. Yet given the state of his fleet what good mood he felt had been whittled away as a result. Not a single ship wasn't in some state of damage. Five hundred against one was never a good set of odds and these aliens had assaulted them without mercy. They almost seemed fervently furious. On at least two occasions, the faster vessels of the invaders had rammed one of his in an act of mutual destruction.

Yet that number was to much for his liking to begin with. They had thankfully already determined that between the two sides, they possessed the better pilots and vessels, but after the initial surprise of the fighting breaking out, the two sides had broken apart and been reduced to close knife fighting. Mainly in an attempt to limit the use of those dreadnaughts primary guns.

After all they had lost their only Walkit-class vessel to a single shot from their dreadnaught.

"How are our mobile suit and fighter squads holding up? What kind of situation are we looking at overall for the state of our mobile suits and how many managed to get planet side ?"

Ben frowned as he withdrew a piece of paper before humming as he drew his hand across his chin for a few seconds.

"From our forces, the "Union Jack""Avalon's Pride", and "Yohtenheim's Progress" are reporting ten percent losses amongst their Mobile Suit forces. Though most of their Mobile Suit and Fighter Contingent have received some form of structural damage due to over penetration. The enemies weapons systems seem to possess incredible penetrating power but lack an explosive means to damage internal systems after doing so. Unfortunately this means most of their Mobile Suits and Fighters are damaged in some way, making them unable to be fielded before repairs. Estimates by Neo-Mobile Doll Inquiries put the repairs at three days without Auxiliary ELS presence onboard ships to speed up repairs."

Looking outside, Reinhard watched as a pair of Murasames flew past the bridge window, escorting several damaged AMX-011 Zaku IIIs and RMS-108 Marasais towards the Artemis III Asteroid Defensive Base. One of a dozen scattered across United Earth Alliance Star Systems to act as early warning or staging grounds for forces in the event of say a return of the Devil GundamLogos, or even Blue Cosmos launching attacks against a system. The massive Asteroid, based on the original Artemis that was used by the Eurasian Federation during the Bloody Valentine War which had engulfed most of Space and Earth at its height. The large Asteroid Base had lowered the Umbrella System which had been the primary means for its Original to stay active in a war where Space was heavily contested by several factions of those at war with earth based super powers.

"That is a heavy blow but if the Neo-Mobile Doll Systems believe that our best bet is to request support from our allies then so be it. Shatra, put in a request for a Contingent of ELS to be assigned to our battle group. Benny, I want reinforcements here yesterday, I don't care where they come from, even if they are purely ELS. We can't leave the Shanxi System unattended for to long. We have already been gone for eight days since the siege began, and I will be damned if we leave it for more time then that."

Yet even still, with how far they were out on the Frontier of the United Earth Alliance space, it would take some time for the Noble Houses to work out who they will send to provide aid to the planet. Yet aid will come, there was no doubt about that. Humanity was tired, exhausted really, of the conflicts that had plagued it for the last few centuries. So it would come as no suprise that, despite beaten, bent, and cracked, its back was still unbroken. As Shatra, Ben, and Benny all got to sending our their various reports, the overall fleet was starting to undergo repairs.

All the while, Hungry Eyes watched the fleet from within a cocoon of stone and ice. If the God Gate had interested the whole of humanity, then the Devil created by said Humanity would of course show interest.


0121.10.02

Alien System - Alien World Orbit

Batarian  Hegemony  65th Pirate Fleet

High Admiral Octab'noel

High Admiral Octab'noel grunted as another shudder rocked his Dreadnaught, a light green beam of energy puncturing through one of the port decks. These new species were proving as tenacious as a rabid Varran when it came to their retreat. Their Direct Energy Weapons had otherwise played havoc with his vessels but thankfully, their retreat and his own ships superior numbers were working in his favor.

He watched as one of their more sluggish ships, one of the green ones, became flanked by two destroyers and was subjected to the withering fire. Their hulls may have been thick, but the combined fire eventually weakened sections before one of the Cruisers fired its Primary Gun and gutted a weakened sector of the strangely designed ship, splitting it in two.

However his good mood was somewhat soured by the reports.

"The Lesenta is venting atmosphere!"

"We just lost the Ventora, we can't get near that Flag Ship, their mech squadrons are just to nimble for our fighters and keep bringing down any vessels that get to close."

"Admiral! The Yunto is requesting permission to retreat to begin repairs."

On and on it went. Octab'noel was really regretting bringing such a large force, even as he watched the new species vessels finally pull far enough back from the planet that his landers could start moving planet side.

"Alright, move the fleet directly towards their retreat coordain. Try to cut off their escape. We have the higher numbers. Bring the Joh'thalin up to the crippled ships and start Boarding Procedures. The more salvage and technology we can bring back, the better."

Sitting back, Octab'noel sighed as his fingers ran down his face. His fleet of five hundred had been cut down to a meager four, one hundred for a total of sixty vessels. This warfare wasn't what he was accustomed to. He was so used to the conventional style, fighters barely saw use in fleets in the Citadel Species, Kinetic Barriers and Vi driven intercept systems made sure of that.

Yet this species turned their established doctrine of fighting on its head. Those Mechs would take on Anti-Ship roles or just, shrug off what would normally cripple a fighter. They lacked Kinetic Barriers but made up for it by using shields of all things! These primitives still used metallic blades, but it was that lack of conventional weapons which played havoc with his fleet. His fighters were all gone. Every last one had been torn to shreds by the mechs they used.

Normally this was supposed to be fine. Fighters shouldn't be able to do anything against vessels, yet these mechs, they brought anti-ship based weapons. He had seen small what could only seem to be energy rifles drain a cruisers shields before moving in and shoving an actual blade through the command center. Thankfully the vessels weapons were controlled by Vis and they managed to finally bring down the mech and then continue working to intercept.

Yet there were other Mechs, those damn black mechs that kept transforming which proved to be capable ship killers. Though they seemed to use all manner of weaponry, ranging from simple metallic blades to large scale shoulder mounted missiles.

"Aden, send word to the rest of the fleet to begin operations, I don't care how strong their defenses are planet side, we will be cracking open that shell no matter what. Keep a picket to ensure that they don't try to return as well. Hop to it."

With a grunt, he sat back and looked towards the planet that he had sacrificed ships and good men to claim, and could only smile sadistically. Barring the unmitigated disaster that would stem from the fact he had openly initiated hostile first contact with a new species, the Citadel Fools would likely handwave that once they knew that the species dabbled in Artificial Intelligence. His musings were broken when Aden spoke up again.

"Admiral, the Nebalu is hailing, requesting permission to use their Mechs and provide low Orbit support."

Mechs hu...after all this species had given them trouble with mechs, it would do them some good to return the favor. They had them disorganized and only reacting to attacks, not preforming counter attacks from the information coming back to the fleet in space.

"Granted. Oh and Aden, tell the Nilok and Yotok to salvage vessels and those mechs, prepare an escort convoy with the Holenta of Sharkesh as the primary vessel. Get them starting home immediately."

Not waiting for an answer, Octab'noel would grin towards the planet as he watched Slave Ships descend towards it. Then an alarm began to blare as an emergency call was placed and sent to his ship. With a nod he accepted it, causing a holographic screen, two in fact, to appear. The first was none other then the good Ambassador Jath'amon and the other was a suprise, a Turian of Eclipse that, like many vessels in the fleet, had accompanied them. The first to speak was not Jath'amon, but Kalgrath. Whom seem panicked and excited.

"Admiral! You need to see this...the enemy ships...they just vanished!"

Before he could even inquire what this Turian was going on about, himself and the confused Jath'amon both were treated to a video. A small Wolf Pack of Frigates, supported by two Cruisers, were hard on the tail of a limping vessel. One of the larger ones. However as they watched, green beams lancing out and striking a cruiser, gutting it and causing it to detonate, the large mechs that these primitives were using suddenly turned and flew back towards what appeared to be hangers on the ship. Then, with a shudder, the space ahead of the vessel, about three kilometers away from it, would begin to shudder and shake, before the vessel itself elongated and shot forward at impossible speeds. The bow connecting with the ripple before it pushed inward and then wobbled as the vessel vanished a few seconds later.

Alternative means of Faster then Light Travel...not relying on the use of Relays. Perhaps this was even more of a boon then they originally thought.

"Well...that is unsettling...Admiral...I was just in a council meeting when I received reports of this. I have to say that the Data you've acquired from this venture will likely double if not triple the overall sales of the upcoming ventures. New Technology, New Slaves, and to top it off, a new race that we could potentially enslave as well. What however I want to know...is WHY YOU DECIDED TO FIRE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS PERMISSION!"

Ah, it would seem that Jath'amon was rather furious. After all, he had been funding this entire venture, and now, while the expenses from the battle were likely to be dragged from Jath'amon's wallet, they could still recoup losses from the selling of this new technology. Which seemed to slightly calm Jath'amon down only ever so slightly before he regained his composure and grunted. Locking eyes with his High Admiral.

"I am sorry for starting aggressions early but...they were using highly Illegal Artificial Intelligence! Once we realized that not long after they attempted to contact us for some reason. We all know the stance on such things. I think it might actually effect the overall amount of credits we will get from selling salvage rights to the vessels. Not to mention their lack of conventional weapon systems, and their mech fighters. I've had my fleet savaged and we only drove them off through suprise attack...our shields did nothing to keep their weapons from piercing our hulls."

Well this new information did seem to calm Jath'amon somewhat while he seemed to be contemplating over the current situation. Octab'noel himself had seem over two hundred of his vessels reduced to slag or bisected by the mechs or by the vessels in orbit. Their weapons were powerful, and they needed a numerical advantage to overcome them as it were. Still, nothing some good Batarians couldn't handle.

"Ambassador, if I may. I would suggest using the funds we acquire here and in the future to fund new projects. Try to find shielding to counter this species weapons. Otherwise every battle will require numerical superiority and I don't like the odds of us always having more numbers then them. This fleet we faced, it wasn't a Home World Defense Fleet like what we and other Citadel Worms use. This felt more like a cobbled together collection of ships. They were barely showing cohesiveness in their tactics, showing they hadn't been together as a fleet long enough to iron out placement of vessels.

Yet even then, they managed to down two hundred of my ships, thankfully none of the Dreadnaughts, but at least six Battleships were taken out. My losses in manpower and ship strength are astronomical and given our current location, I doubt I can see us getting reinforcements anytime soon. Jath'amon, it is my personal opinion that the Hegemony start ramping production of military vessels."

Say what you want about your average Batarian, they were dull witted and arrogantly, but Octab'noel was one of the smart ones. He understood the position he was in...but this wasn't a galaxy run by the strong, not in his eyes. After all, his fears were handwaved by Jath'amon a few seconds later. Politicians after all could never grasp the situation that conflict produced.

"Bah, you are being overly cautious High Admiral. What is two hundred ships compared to the bounty that we will rake in. Divert what ships from the Main Cluster you can and begin your home trip. Have them salvage and bring back as many vessels and corpses as possible from the wreckages. We'll turn a profit out of this and maybe you can buy your fallen soldiers drinks after you get home from subjugating these primitives. Do not fail my expectations Octab'noel. Jath'amon, Out."

As the screen cut to just himself and Kalgrath, Octab'noel pressed his face into his hands with a sigh. He was a Batarian at heart, he understood his duties to the Two Gods, but the fact that his own leaders didn't understand just showed a prime example of why he hated politics in general. With a grunt he turned towards Kalgrath and nodded, as if coming to some kind of an idea.

"Take your forces and return, I want you heading all salvage operations from now on, I'm putting the other Salvage Ships under your command Kalgrath. As you heard, our "Glorious" Ambassador wants us to bring back as much technology and biology from these new species. Likely so we can get better equipment and better ways to break them into slaves."

The Turian looked to have calmed down some, before nodding his head.

"Of course Admiral, Kalgrath Out."

Octab'noel sat back with a tired sigh, watching as so much debris floated before the planet they had just fought for. Somehow. He felt as if this was nothing compared to the future, a brief skirmish and a sign of the reality to come for them and the Galaxy.


0121.10.14

Shanxi System -  Shanxi Capital:  Auttobenid

45th Nonable Street

Endrota Noble House

Duke Isenho von Endrota

Isenho grunted as his Machine stepped back from another incoming volley of fire from low orbit. Shielding thrust between himself and Escaflowne. Thankfully the Gundanium Shield managed to deflect any shots that struck it, but small dents were starting to form across the shield after nearly eighteen days of nonstop assaults by the aliens. After the Fishermen had been brought down, the aliens had dropped across the planet, some outside their orbital range, but others had landed directly outside Auttobenid.

Other smaller cities weren't so lucky as they were set upon and went dark in mere hours, the few mobile suits that had been stationed there obviously destroyed.

High Bove, even the few remaining fighters that the planet still had operational strafed landing ships, sending them smoking and crashing into the hard ground below, retaliatory fire from oncoming anti-air platforms caused them to break off, lest they were to be knocked from the sky.

Mobile Suits such as Escaflowne weren't as useful here compared to Wanzers, Battlemechs, HOUNDS. Mobile Suits, NEXTs, and Tactical Surface Fighters, had been dictated to act as Anti-Armor and Anti-Ship rather then their intended purpose. Already, the hard grounds outside of Auttobenid's walls were littered with the destroyed remains of both sides, though the Aliens had more casualties then themselves. As Isenho raised his shield to intercept another series of strikes from on high, one of their corvettes had entered the atmosphere to act as orbital strikes for their troops, a detonation down the wall caught his attention. One of their Suicide Vessels had finally breached the wall.

"...I repeat, the enemy has breached the Southern Wall and is now moving in mass towards the City. Any forces that can intercept move now. Between 23rd Buckner Street and 12th Leamon Street."

Yet even as he hefted a Beam Rifle he had picked off a damaged Zaku III earlier, returning fire towards the Corvette, he could see that the enemy was rushing towards the breach, hundreds of them. The soldiers on the walls and in the forward trenches were dead at this point, bodies having piled up from the eighteen days of nonstop fighting. Yet even as his fire clipped the Corvette and caused it to slowly pull back out of range, a wide band broadcast echoed across the city. A voice that radiated Malice and Echoed with Indignity, and one that brought a cheer from the men and women near.

"The Foe has breached out lines, they have slain our brothers and sisters in arms. We move now to close the gap. Hold Fast, Men of Shanxi. The Walls are secured, We hold the Line in the Name of Queens and Country! Knights of House Gremory. Let's not keep the Demon Waiting."

The Knight House, one of dozens that had sprung up in the wake of the revitalization of the Aristocracy following the End War. A close friend to the Endrota family, House Gremory had always kept a few of their Squires and a Knight posted on their planets. More for ceremonial purposes and to show a solidarity with their old friends. Now, as he watched, from the smoke, the hulking forms of Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor Powered Semi-Autonomous Power Armored Frames or Type-6 Power Armor marched through the dust.

A single Knight, flanked by half a dozen Squires in stark Chrome colored Armor, dropping into cover as the Knight moved forward. The Knight of House Gremory would show the Aliens the Folly of their ways.


0121.10.14

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital:  Auttobenid

23rd Buckner Street

Knight House Gremory

Knight Lord Ebenhorn Vest Gremory

Ebenhorn was a silent lad when he first was introduced into the Knightly Monastery. No older then Six at the time, the red haired young boy had shown an apt attention to the teachings of the Knightly House of Gremory. From the simplistic teachings of chivalry to more expansive lectures regarding knighthood and what is expected of a Knight.

A headstrong young man, Ebenhorn found himself constantly matching wits with the other young men and women of his House. Given that their name was derived from the Ars Goetia and focused more on love then anything, it is not a surprise that they have rapidly gained numbers though lineage and enticing young men or women of their Minor Houses into joining to undergo tutorage and training.

Ebenhorn himself had only been sixteen when he received his position as a squire under Knight Charleston Gremory. Partaking in a crusade against a Devil Gundam occupied system. Even now, a decade after that event, which had been his first real taste of combat, the nightmares plagued him. The Devil Gundam was unlike any enemy to date that humanity had faced. Even the ELS, as horrifying as they were, weren't malicious in any way. Their only means of understanding the world was through assimilation.

Yet the Devil Gundam, that monstrosity was still loose upon the cosmos and despite Humanities best Efforts, they had not been able to fully pin it to a single system to eradicate the errant machine. The scent of ash and corpses still filtered through his Power Armor's Filtration Systems, though that could be because Shanxi was now starting to remind him of that horrifying world. Only without the fact that his family, others of the Gremory Order and House, weren't rising back up after being injected with DG-Cells.

"...I repeat, the enemy has breached the Southern Wall and is now moving in mass towards the City. Any forces that can intercept move now. Between 23rd Buckner Street and 12th Leamon Street."

However such stories were for another time, for even now, as Ebenhorn slowly strode towards the sector of the City that had received word of a breach, his mind had been allowed to wander. Shaking his head, which in turn causes his Power Armored Frame to shift its helmet as well.

Designed to best resemble a knight, the power armor was forged from Tungsten to ensure protection, while set on a brace and an exo-suit, like what Scribes are first issued as well. The interlocked pieces of armor were covered in iconography of the House and Order that the individual belonged to. Given that he was of House and Order Gremory, Ebenhorn's own power armor consisted of a large picture of the Gremory House, a woman upon a camel on the right shoulder.

On the left, the symbol of the Gremory House. What appeared to be like an upside skull without the eyes, and jagged teeth in place of the standard. Three small circles run parallel to one another at the bottom of he skull. While Gremory is spelled out along the outer edge of the circular section of the ring that surrounds the central image.

The several ton suit of Power Armor had ridges running along the large tungsten boots, which in turn led to equally engraved and shaped knee guards, set directly below a large Faulds which had slightly ridged outer sections. Down from the waist, a long strip of embroidered cloth, depicting the actions of Ebenhorn himself, flowed between his legs. While a small shield was set above the Cod piece and the waist.

Above, with clearly defined slabs of tungsten, the chest was covered in several inch thick pieces of interlocking metal. The arms were clad in bracers and arm guards running from the shoulders down to the fingers. Jutting sections from the elbows would be marked with pressed glyphs and the House Crest. A pair of Fleur Da Leas set in the bottom right and upper left section of the shield. While the upper right housed the Icon of The Gremory House and the bottom left housed the Gremory Demon herself.

The Pauldrons were large, obscuring full views from the left and right. With broad bolts inlaid into the base of the shoulders to hold them into place. Atop the helmet, with a T shaped Visor of polarized bullet proof black glass. A Miniaturized Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor could be seen just barely peeking over his shoulders, encased in tungsten and trace amounts of Gundanium. A frankly expensive undertaking to forge ones Power Armor out of, but given their line of work, it was necessary.

"The Foe has breached out lines, they have slain our brothers and sisters in arms. We move now to close the gap. Hold Fast, Men of Shanxi. The Walls are secured, We hold the Line in the Name of Queens and Country! Knights of House Gremory. Let's not keep the Demon Waiting."

Within his left hand, gripped within those powerful fingers, a slab of Nanolaminate Armor applied to a Titanium Alloy/Ceramic Composite, also known as Gundanium Alloy, and Tungsten Shield, would be held in front of him even as fire was sent his way from the rent hole in the raised wall. Six of the four eyed aliens, eight of the strange carapace covered avian, and two of the humanoids with tentacles instead of hair. While they mostly focused their fire on him, given his role was to act as the focus, two of the Four eyed and one of the Avian went down to impressive fire from his Squires.

Though this state of affairs didn't last long as the forces in the opening of the wall seemed to realize that standing out in the open is liable to get oneself killed. So they stumbled back into cover. However one of the Blue skinned women, covered in tattoos, and lacking the collars he and the others had seen on what they had come to understand were slaves, from the few they had captured in the fighting over the last eighteen days.

"This One is Mine. For the Glory of the House and for the Lady."

The right arm had what appeared to be a set of four barrels that jutted from the wrist. Matching the description of Old World Heavy Machine Guns. Cooling Ports, or holes were opened along the length of two barrels, with a series of chains running between the individual barrels near their tops.

Belts ran along to the back, directly below the Miniaturized Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor. A large ammo Drum was attached just below the Reactor's Casing. However given the amount of fighting that he and the others of the Colony had been undergoing, it was nearing a status close to empty.

Two of the four barrels had sadly been destroyed by precise sniper fire some days beforehand, though thankfully they had since been altered. Rather then the slug based weapon system that the quad linked .50 Machine Guns had been otherwise using, the two destroyed barrels had been cannibalized by Ebenhorn's Onboard partner. They had since been replaced with downsized Beam Rifles taken from overrun Reaper Beam Gun Nests.

Smooth compared to the other two barrels, this seemingly fused one was much smoother. Without the cooling ports, the holes as it were, twin barrels were fused togeher, their barrels opened to expose cords and wiring, which in turn were connected to flat pieces of conductive metal. Generating a stabilizing field between them both as well.

"You who sully these lands, who deny Love to those to young to experience it..."

Lining up the joint barrel, which began to generate a field of purplish energy, the Reactor began to scream for a few seconds before the joint barrel fired. With a scream, the energized field of Plasma sailed out from the joint barrel and consumed the blue skinned alien's upper torso. Her upper body from the waist up vanished and was vaporized by the shot. The legs of the Alien stumbling forward before collapsing, revealing the charred remains of the waist while the legs twitched a few times before laying still.

"...and for those whom have had that ripped from them by this Callus Invasion. May Gremory of Ars Goetia have Mercy upon your Souls, for I have not the Patience. Amen."

He turned, leveling his weapon on another of the Aliens which had popped out of cover, and raked the cracked concrete with .50 Caliber Rounds, one which collided with the chest. Though a yellow barrier would flare up before the round could properly take its life.

"...IV-192. See if you can't acquire something useful from these Aliens."

At his command, as he hefted his shield and intercepted another rocket on it, the Nanolaminate Metals imbedded into the shield's front helped to lessen the overall damage by the weapons being fired at it by the Aliens themselves. Nanolaminate Paint was still in the beginning stages of being mass produced, so it would be some time before it saw widespread use across all of the United Earth Alliance.

"All Squads, move and secure the Breach. Let us see if the ELS can't find something important to finally turn this Siege around..."

The ELS, also known as Extraterrestrial Living-metal Shape-shifter, were the first true aliens that Humanity ever encountered. They had been nearly impossible to defeat given their ability to assimilate anything they touched and the rapid way in which they had invaded. Yet if not for the aid of Setsuna F. Seiei, also known as the Terminal for the ELS in some circles, peace would have likely not been reached before Humanity was completely assimilated by them.

Their standing with the wider populace of Humanity was still very much in flux, but otherwise they had shown themselves to be not but a boon. In fact, they had brought with them their own means of inexpensive terraforming, though the more Puritans amongst Humanity refused to settle on planets that made use of their techniques.

"This is Kizer and Donzer of the 12th Light Armored Division. Our commander has redirected our Type 61s to your location. We are under your command. Where do you need us My Lord?"

From his right hand, which had opened itself, dropping its head down upon the ground. From the palm of the Power Armor, a liquid silver tendril erupted from said palm and collided with one of the dead and intact non-slave aliens. It had rapidly been made apparent that there was more going on to this attack then meets the eye. That the aliens were using Forced Combatants. The Silverish Liquid soaked into the body even as his Squires moved up.

"...All forces near 23rd Buckner Street and 12th Leamon Street, this is Knight Lord Ebenhorn of House and Knight Order Gremory. The Breach is held for the time being but it can't be filled at this moment with enemy combatants pushing against it. We hold. Gather material and form a barricade. Kizer, Donzer, provide suppressive fire and air control till I can get requisition something more suitable for this task."

His Six Squires moved up, with one receiving a show to the side, flanked the gaping hole even as a pair of Type 61 Tanks moved up and began to provide some heavier fire to suppress the Aliens. Militia and Volunteers were given the chance they needed to collect the wounded, while moving barricades into position on the flanks and in front of the tanks. Forming hastily erected firing positions. The Breach wasn't about to be conveniently sealed so they were forced to turn it into a barricade and checkpoint, using large concrete slabs, dead aliens, and scrap metal.

"This is Scout Recon 12, reporting from the Meybank Building on 24th Buckner Street. We've spotted Enemy Armor moving towards the breach and two platoons of Forced Combatants along with what appear to be attack animals and six platoons of Slavers. Be Advised my Lord. All forces are currently deployed to hold off another series of assaults directed at other sectors of the city. It is clear that the Enemy means to breach and sweep into the city at your position."

Even as the this news filtered through to Ebenhorn, and the barricade was beginning to form, the silver liquid, an ELS, slithered back and returned to the armor. A few seconds later, his internal systems detected new systems being linked into his mainframe as he watched. A block looking symbol was displayed on his H.U.D. which in turn showed connecting links between it and the symbol for the Reactor on his back.

For the first time in some days, IV-192, spoke.

"Mass Effect Kinetic Barrier Technology Located. Translation Software Technology Located.  Communications  Systems infiltrated. Lord Ebenhorn, would you like to integrate these Discoveries with your Suit?"

A boon, truly, the ELS was a boon for humanity. They had been trying this on many of the bodies they had come across in the last eighteen days, and each time, they had found that the corpses of Slavers and Pirates were connected to Deadman Switches to ensure all systems would blow out. Either this one's systems failed to blow out, or their Deadman Switch was purposefully altered to not activate when they died.

However the ELS had not yet been given a seat on the Council of Humanity alongside the Queens, Dutchesses, Dukes, Princesses, Princesses, Barons, and Baronesses that made up the upper levels of Humanities Ruling Class. Though this was more due to their preference to interface with Neo-Mobile Dolls and other forms of Artificial Intelligence then anything. It had become a constant amongst the Knightly Houses and Orders, such as the Gremory and the other 72 Houses to petition the ELS for a single of theirs, so that it may be bonded to the Pilot's suit.

"...IV-192, begin integration of all Foreign Systems into Power Armor. Send Translation Software and Communication Systems to local Neo-Mobile Doll Uplink Node. Include Schematics for all technology currently collected in the upload."

Even as he slowly stood from his kneeling position, picking up his War Maul and holding it off to the side, he watched his left hand as a thin, but growing yellow glow of a Kinetic Barrier began to cover his left hand before spreading up his arm. Soldiers and Volunteers alike stopped to watch as his body became covered in the strange glow for a few seconds.

There was so much red tape involved with just the simple meeting or speaking with just one of these Aliens, let alone their Collective, to procure an individual to bond and through their mutual partnership of Knight and ELS come to teach the Species more about Humanity.

"Acknowledged. Kinetic Barrier integration...Complete...Translation Software...Complete. Communications Systems, uploaded to localized Neo-Mobile Doll Servers."

Well this day just seemingly changed for the better. After all, as he held out his hand toward one of the Tentacle haired aliens, their fire would be intercepted, much like theirs had, on the yellow energy shielding. Though a thought occurred to Ebenhorn as he watched the rounds fizzle upon contact and vanish.

"...IV-192...can you alter the field in anyway? Perhaps to hold incoming projectiles inside it? Then dispel them back in the direction they are coming from?"

Even as he asked, Ebenhorn leveled his Twin Linked .50 Cal and Twin Linked Beam Machine Gun and compressed the trigger, sending a scything wave of rounds and Beams into the onrushing Aliens. The vast majority had the smart idea to drop into cover as well. Yet even as he soaked fire, watching the strange barrier that now covered his Power Armor. With each hit, the percentage of power and charge it held seemed to drop. Yet as he took aim, the .50 Cal on his wrist rattled off a few sparse shots, puncturing debris or otherwise sending shielded enemies collapsing backwards, IV-192 spoke again.

"Acknowledged. Warning. Incoming Propelled Rocket, Seven O'Clock. Warning, technology has a seventy percent rejection probability with current armor systems. Recommend waiting to test any alterations till such time as Proper facilities can be constructed. However, integration of Hostile Alien Species Translation Software is complete. You may now transmit sentences to them at your earliest convenience."

Even as IV-192 was informing its Bonded Partner, the Knight Lord was forced to thrust his shield up and intercept an oncoming RPG from one of the Four Eyed Aliens. The Choke Hole was slowly starting to grow much more contested as another Alien, one of the Tentacle Haired, now highlighted by his H.U.D leveled an RPG towards the Kizer and compressed the trigger slung below it. A contrail of smoke followed behind the RPG and smashed into the front of the Type-61 Tank, which thankfully only melted frontal armor and forced it to skid back.

Thankfully there was no second Rocket, as the Kizer took offense to the attack and, shifting its twin barrels on towards the breach in the wall. Causing Ebenhorn to widen his eyes as he and the others rapidly pulled back from the breach and behind the barricades.

"All forces. Get into Cover now!"

With twin detonations, the Type-61 Tank paid little mind to anything but the Breach its twin 155mm Smoothbore Cannons fired at once. Bodies were vaporized, chunks of Cement were blown outward into the retreating swarms of the aliens, but this had the unintended side effect of obscuring their view from the breach. As smoke and dirt were cast high into the sky, obscuring anything from view for several moments,


0121.10.14

Alien System - Alien Capital

Batarian  Hegemony  65th Pirate Fleet

Slave Bele Olenaga

Bele huddled behind several upturned chunks of the strange material that these aliens the Hegemony was currently invading, used to build most of their structures. The young Turian had been snatched as a baby from his parents on one of the raids that the 12th Batarian Fleet had conducted on the outer Turian Colonies some years prior.

Since arrival in the system, the Pirates had unexpectedly run afoul of two interesting Particles that were still being processed by what counted as Scientists amongst the fleet.

One which caused electromagnetic interference, leaving conventional communication and radar devices useless, disrupt electronic equipment (as opposed to just interfering with EMW communication such as radio waves) this had lead to uncounted amounts of problems throughout the fleet following the end of the combat. Unprotected systems being burnt out over time, replacement parts needing to be collected. The number of problems began to increase as systems blew out and replacement parts were required over the coming days of combat.

Planetwide, the complications only continued as field stations found their systems in need of repairs and replacement parts as time wore on. Communication was disrupted constantly, vehicles met with key internal electrical systems breaking down and needing replacements as they suddenly broke down or even broke. Thankfully though, the engineers had discovered hints towards what was going on, scans showing an unidentified particle suffused throughout the Alien's sphere of influence. Hard Shielded systems were seemingly protected already from the harmful effects of these unidentified energies thankfully.

So while engineers worked to find a way to block out the harmful energies, the fighting had otherwise continued. Though with the lack of a stable communications between landing parties, the Pirates and Mercenaries had launched attacks against the various other cities across the planet. Word was trickling in as messengers were sent that they were gathering at least some members of this alien species. Hair covered Asari as they were being referred to now.

As he huddled there, scared out of his mind, he recalled the speech given to them by the Slave Masters, about potentially earning their freedom through active service. Which to the Slaves, though without the latest in Neural Inhibitors, meant that they would be forcing a member of this new species to replace them as a slave as they went free.

Well it did sound like that to the newest slaves, but Bele knew better then that. The Batarians had a means of going back on their deals at the last second, and so Bele and other veterans would do everything in their power without tipping off their Slave Masters that they had planned to fake their deaths and be left on this alien infested rock.

This was of course befoe the first Slave Carriers made it planet side and began unloading their cargo. These aliens didn't fight like those of the Citadel. From what little he saw, they used tactics that he was fairly certain were either outlawed or outright seen as archaic. Trenches, barbed wire, some kind of metallic obstruction made entirely out of large slabs of metal.

"Oh by the Spirits...please...I don't want to die here."

Yet without air superiority or even proper Artillery, the Slaves, Pirates, Troops, and Legionaries were forced to rush into the trenches, suffering severe casualties.

How he had survived the last eighteen days was a mystery only the Spirits knew the answer to. Between their willingness to use static defenses and their massive mechs, one of which he and other Slaves had been ordered to salvage, revealing that there was one of the aliens dead in the chest region. This species had inflicted horrendous losses to the invading forces.

Yet here he lay, next to the breach that his fellow slaves had made. Bombs strapped to themselves and sent rushing headlong towards the wall once the trenches had been overrun. The enemy however had retaliated and sent some kind of monster to shore up the defenses. It had fought like a Krogan, but from afar. Using some kind of fused weapon and slug thrower, based on the spent casings being launched off to the side.

Then it had seemingly extended some kind of sliver liquid and attached itself to a Batarian, the horrifying realization that this was likely to his and many others ultimate outcome for their actions had many Slaves attempt to flee after witnessing the act. However, the arrival of the actual soldiers, not to mention armor support, caused several to either be gunned down, or turn back. Yet even now as he watched the fighting continue, the strange aliens forming barricades around what was clearly their tank analogues, fire pelted near him.

"At this rate I'll be spo-spotted."

More of the Pirates and Mercenaries were starting to approach the breach in the wall, ducking into cover while ignoring the dead slaves that were covering the opening into the breach and even stretched behind it. For some days after they had first arrived, the Aliens had shown they would do a lot in an effort to not strike or kill any of the Slaves. Seems they recognized the Slave's situation. Yet it would also seem that their Batarian Masters understood the reluctance for the Defenders to shoot Slaves. So they had started to take advantage of that, hiding their soldiers amongst the Slaves and forcing the defenders to fire into their midst.

This strategy had for a time worked, till the Alien Defenders had started to put more pressure on the Batarians and their Pirate Allies. The loss of any arial assets had set the Slavers on edge after the orbital battle but in gravity they were doing marginally better, able to match the Defenders in actual dog fighting. Though this was before their Mechs had gotten involved and had managed to reduce the overall Arial surface forces that the Slavers could bring to bare.

As Bele lay there, he watched one of the Eclipse Asari rise out of cover with a RPG and fire it towards one of the Hairy Asari's tanks. While the initial detonation hadn't killed anyone of them blown a few defenders back, and dented the front of the tank, it would otherwise only draw fire towards her position. In the form of the second Tank which lowered those massive barrels.

"R-Run!"

With a scream, Bele rose out of his spot and scrambled back as others seemed to realize what the vehicle planned to do. More tried to rush backwards as the tank could be literally heard over the din of the fighting. The clack and creak as actual shells, which hadn't been heard in Citadel Space in a thousand years, since the Rachnii Wars and Krogan Rebellion. Yet, somehow, perhaps genetic memories of those conflicts, were ingrained to those affected directly by them. As such, more then fifty percent of the Mercenaries, Pirates, and Slaves at the Breach turned and rushed away. Sadly, it wasn't fast enough.

With twin detonations, the breach was shaken from the foundation as the barrels ejected spent rounds off to the side. Nearly fifty bodies were evaporated and reduced to a variety of colored mist in the air as others were thrown back and out of the breach. A large chunk of the strange metal material that had been observed jutting from the rock material was sent flying. Bele only had seconds to widen his eyes as he felt the sharpened and broken piece of metal pierce his back and erupt through his chest. The grooves along its side catching on his carapace and dragging the fleeing slave down. the bloodied tip punctured through the earth.

His spine was broken, his left lung punctured, his body was going into shock. Yet, tears fell without any warning, a smile graced his face as darkness creeped towards the edges of his eyes. He didn't want to die, and yet, he smiled, even as his shaking hands grasped the metal either way. Death was soon going to be upon him. Slowly, he lifted his head, the act causing the dying slave to meet the eyes of another slave Turian, their eyes glassy, but for a few seconds, his brother watched with wide eyes. A hand, covered in blood, reaching up.

"S-See you soo-soon, Sa-Saren."

With that, his chest froze up as he collapsed to the ground, he hacked out as a set of hands fumbled and pulled him out of the ground. Saren, his adoptive brother since becoming a slave to the Batarians. Turned over, Bele looked into the eyes of the man that had helped to raise him after his own parents had died and he was taken. Tears flowed down onto his chest as both his hands were grasped in Saren's own.

"Hey! Stay with me Bele! We'll get you out of here. I promise. Just stay with me."

The cold was flowing up now from his feet now as his body shut down from the blood loss. Yet he couldn't find himself to care. He was free now, he was dying yes, but he would soon be free from this nightmare. The Aliens had finally done the thing he had contemplated for years. He had always played the good brain washed slave, like the others, perhaps he was latently a Biotic and that had shorted out his Neural Inhibitor? There was no telling though. Even as he felt the life ebb away from him, he grasped the chest of the father he had come to find in his fellow Turian.

"L-Live Saren...get..Get ba-back to the Council...A S-Spectar can't di-die out here in so-some backwater."

Blood erupted from his mandibles as he watched the confusion in the Turians eyes. It was clear to see now, but before the threat of death had hidden it from Bele. The fact that Saren would from time to time vanish, only to return later. The sections of things Saren would mutter in his sleep. Even as his eyes began to glaze over, the two were bufferted as one of the Battleships entered into orbit over their position. The shadows obscuring Saren's tears and his own anger at the situation.

"I don't care, just stay with me, please. You'll get to go home! Your sister is still waiting on you. She's still alive."

This did bring a bit of hope to those dying eyes, but then he stopped, trying, trying...

"I...I can't remember her face...Saren...I don't...I couldn't...I wouldn't even know her..th..this is...for...the...be-"

His mouth remained open, his arms slack, even as the first Mass Accelerator fire reduced the Wall before the two of them to rent chunks and the defenders behind it.


0121.10.14

Shanxi System -  Shanxi Capital:  Auttobenid

Ground Side

Expeditionary Fleet

Duo Maxwell

Duo shifted the Deathscythe out of the way of another volley of Mass Accelerator Rounds from a pair of Arial Superior Fighters that the aliens had been using. Though unlike their own, their use of Mass Effect cores allowed them maneuverability unmatched by anything that humanities fighters could contend with. However, Mobile Suits and NEXTs were doing a rather impressive job of filling in for the slower fighters. As the Deathscythe ducked beneath another barrage, Duo would hit the thrusters and fly backwards.

"Gotcha!"

With a shifting of thrusters, the DeathScythe dropped below the fighter before bringing its Beam Scythe directly in front of the nose. The four eyed bastard flying right into the green blade and splitting the four crescent shaped fighter in half. two sides releasing billowing smoke as they rushed towards the ground, before the two sides would detonate over one of the now bombed out cities that once houses the various men and women of Shanxi.

"This is Duo, that's my eighth fighter down, how are you two doing so far?"

The fighters were strange, in a lot of ways they were just a large ball in the center mass of the fighter, with four curved sections of metal jutting in a crescent shape forward with either rockets or some variant of rapid machine gun slung under the wings. Though what they lacked in strength they made up for in sheer amount of fire. All four wings were generally mounted to the hilt with one of the two weapon systems and were quick to blanket an area in excess ammunition. Though thankfully the Aliens didn't rely on slugs with shell casings, just various sized grains of shaved metal, if the Hell System, the DeathScythe's ZERO System, was to be believed.

The Radio would crack and pop due to the combination of GN Particles and Minovsky Particles which saturated the air.

"This is Shinn Asuka, reporting my fifth Alien Fighter down today. They are really throwing their forces into the Grinder today. I think whoever is leading these monsters is growing tired of how long its taking for them to crack us or something."

Duo couldn't exactly disagree with that observation. Say what you want about Shinn when he was younger, but the man had obviously come into his own as a Gundam Pilot and soldier since the Second Bloody Valentine War. His wife was quick to chime in a few seconds later.

"This is  Lunamaria reporting in. I've been holding over Bolenta for a few weeks now and only had one or two probing attacks by the Aliens using scouts or their damned slaves. It really pisses me off that we are dealing with this bullshit. I mean, they can't even put the effort into sending anything my way?!"

And there was the wife, the two hot heads of the Alliance, always so hot blooded. Yet they made a good team when fighting alongside one another. As Duo shifted the DeathScythe down, ducking below another volley of rockets from a pair of those strangely designed fighters, something on his radar caught his eye. The number of blips was inexorably increasing.

Looking up even as he launches the DeathScythe's Left Thigh and Right Shoulder Claws, smashing into the cockpits of both fighters that were rushing to attack him. The Claws themselves resembled that of the Schenlong's own but with small bat like wings and additional fangs to ensure Mobile Suits were catch by the jaws of the Claws. Looking up, even as both smoking ruins rushed to the earth, the Gundam Pilot frowned rather heavily as a Battleship class starship breached the planet's orbit and began to hover in place between cloud layers.

"This is Duo again...seems Mass Effect Tech is a lot more versatile then I thought. Battleship Class Alien Ship has breached the atmosphere and is now hovering...wait...Oh Shit.."

Zooming towards the vessel in question, the elongated and somewhat thin design was broken by the two massive wings which circled both above and below the vessel as well as to the sides. Port and Starboard held these massive rings, which in turn bloated the size of the starship by some meters on both sides. Some Seven Hundred meters in length with an additional forty meters along the port, starboard, top, and bottom in the shape of massive sections of rings. Coloration as well, almost sandstone in coloration.

"This is  Duke Isenho von Endrota to all forces that can hear me. Any airborn mobile suits be advised that the Battleship which has breached orbit over Shanxi is to be targeted with any and all Anti-Ship Weapons we still have access to. We are working to get the Big Zam's legs repaired to hopefully blunt the siege but we require time. I know this is much to ask of you all, but, for Shanxi, I ask that you do whatever you can to stem the oncoming tide! I will do what I can from the ground, but that vessel represents a clear threat to all forces. Duke Isenho Von Endrota, Signing Out."

Well with that kind of request, who was he to say no! Though as the Deathsythe roared, he gunned the thrust of the Gundam on towards the Battleship, his sensors detected a handful of additional Mobile Suits and even a few NEXTs joining him in rushing the vessel. Yet as the dozen or so mobile suits and NEXTs rushed towards it, movement was detected across the vessel as bay doors along the main body and the rings started to open. From within, hundreds of thousands of strange drones flew out. At best, they looked like a brick with stabilizing fins, an engine at the back, a series of sensor lenses on the front which extended on a movable neck, and a pair of claws off to the sides.

Then came swarms of their Fighters, boasting both styles of weapon systems, and a new breed of surface fighter, which lagged behind. Bloated and looked in a lot of ways like the ancient American B-17 Super Fortresses of the ancient past. With additional wings farther back and a second body. Twin cockpits set at the front of both bodies. Bubble turrets were visible along the bodies, both on the back and the bottom, with twin linked pod turrets that seemed to jut from below and above the wings, meaning they were wide enough for bodies to pass through them to reach the pods themselves.

"Duo Here To all forces, I am seeing a whole lot of drone looking things, a bunch more of those fighters, maybe fifty to sixty, a lot more then what they had in space, and I think bombers. We can't deal with the latter two without dealing with the former...Damn. Ok...plan..plan. Ah I know! Ok here is how we are going to handle this. Mobile Suits with a lot of fire power, focus the Drones. NEXTs, I want you guys to try and do your best to get at those Bombers. Could be carrying Biological Agents or who knows what else."

Thankfully, as they were flying towards the swarms, a series of detonations would erupt amongst the Swarm of Drones. Dozens of the small things being either evaporated or merely sent towards the ground. The surface of Shanxi was actually starting to resemble a junk yard due to the amount of debris left over from the fighting in orbit and on the surface. A massive silver blip would emerge upon the various radars of the associated Mobile Suits and NEXTs from behind as an unfamiliar voice broadcasted on a broad band spectrum.

"Well looks like the foe does come to knock upon the doors of my friend. Attention all United Earth Alliance Forces. Mobile Armor Argo is now moving into position. Better hold onto something."

Ah, the only other Mobile Armor on the planet, having been left here by the Fisherman after it had been knocked out of orbit and crashed onto what was left of Bolenta at the start of the conflict. The UEA Argo, with nearly a kilometer wingspan, the massive Arial Warship, or Arial Fortress as it was known amongst Pilots and even the ground Pounders, cast a heavy shadow over the battlefield below. Resembling a massive manta ray of all things, the massive Mobile Armor slowly moved towards the Battleship, which in turn started to turn its attention towards the Argo as well.

"This is the DeathScythe to the UEA Argo, want to give you Fly Boys a heads up, but these Aliens have some kind of main gun running the length of their ships. You get hit with that, and unless you've got shields, it's going to drop you like a sack of potatoes."

Even as he radios in, several of the Battleships's port side missile ports would open, even as the forward bow mounted intercept weapons seemingly drew locks on the Argo. At the same time, the Drone Swarm finishes reorienting itself towards the Mobile Armor as the Fighters and Bombers behind it switch targets and begin to zero in on the various Mobile Suits and NEXTs that had come to intercept the battleship.

Already, weapon fire was beginning to be launched from one side. NEXTs opening up with either slug based weaponry, such as the 04-Marve began to fill the air between the horde and defenders with rapid amounts of large shells. While most of them were intercepted by those yellow shields, the NEXTs would alternate fire as the two sides closed with burst volleys from Laser Rifles for more precision shots which would down a target, or the use of Funnels and Orbital Weapons which would detach from NEXTs and fire independently of the actual machine.

"We hear you DeathScythe. We've been watching the fight since the start, taking the time to switch out our gear. Shouldn't be a problem now though. Thanks for holding on as long as you guys did. Time to show you what this Baby can really do!"

Those whom came from the Surface were many, nearly thirty assorted machines. Mobile Suits, two Gundams, Tactical Arial Fighters, Normals, General Purpose Armored Cores, and NEXTs. From the Argo, some thirty additional aircraft. From the Surface, Five RGM-79 GM IIs, Five RGM-79 GM IIIs, Two RGM-79C GM Kais, Two RGZ-95 ReZELs, Two ZM-S06S Zoloats, Eight Type-89/F-15J Kagerou, Three Ace GPACs, One 00-Aretha, One 002-B, and a single OZ-06MS-SS1 Leo-S bringing up the rear of the mecha streaming from the surface.

The RGM-79 GM II, III, and Kais were rather mundane compared to the other machines that they were taking the lead for, the standard mobile suit for frontier world garrisons as the aging models were rotated out of active service and given over the garrisons. Resembling a humanoid frame and close to that of a Gundam, they had one distinct difference between the Original Gundam and these models, in that the head lacked the eye visors and the golden v horns above like eyebrows. Most of the face was taken up by a large visor, making it resemble something of a fish bowl then an actual face. Each using either a simple Beam Rifle and shield or a Beam Saber and Shield.

The truly unique mobile suits that drew the eye were the RGZ-96 ReZELs. With a muted blue paint coloration, The additional boosters on the thighs and elongated feet were just icing on the cake. it was the large horn like protrusion from the crotch of the mobile suit, the bright red glassy spheres on the shoulders, and the large jutting slab of blue metal from behind. This is of course after they had transformed back from their Waverider Mode. Compact fighter compared to the mobile suits that now closed the distance with the onrushing Drone swarm.

"Argo, see if you can't put yourself between us and this swarm, you're Close Intercept Weapons should have some Neo Doll Operators right?"

The Argo didn't so much as reply as it would slowly speed up, before putting itself indeed between the swarm and the various Mecha of the United Earth Alliance. However, one Mobile Suit shot ahead of the others, rushing to land atop the Argo. A new voice joined the conversation even as the Argo's Close Intercept Weapon Systems started to spin up. Bright Violet Beams lancing out from its various twin linked rapid fire machine turrets and directing them towards the swarm in front of them.

"This is acceptable a steed as any, for I,  Roche Nattono, wish to be flown closer!"

Standing atop the Argo, the only other non-mass produced Mobile Suits, NEXTs, and Surface Tactical Fighters, stood there with its Beam Duel Sabers in both hands of the mobile suit. Compared to the others there, it resembled more along the lines of Escaflowne. A cloak of bright red Diffuser Material was slung over the shoulders. Based on the Aging Leo Mobile Suit designed by OZ after the creation of the OZ-00MS Tallgeese which was one of the first Earth Sphere Mobile Suits ever developed.

The feet of the OZ-06MS-SS1 Leo-S were slightly rectangular but tappered off nearly to a point. Bright red like most of the Mobile suit, the feet were connected to gold colored ankle joints which led up to the knees. Said knees jutting away from the legs and forming nearly triangular sections, mostly red with a yellow outer finish. The groin of the Mobile Suit sported a nozzle for expelling thrust, while flared sections of bright red armor jutted from the hips and behind. Formerly the Golden Beam Duel Sabers sat on these extended pieces of armor. The waist was a light grey in comparison to the otherwise vibrant colored suit of armor.

"All Forces, form up on the Argo and provide additional coverage with your weapons. if you need to, land atop the vessel and provide protection from those Drones!"

The chest of the Leo-S was marked with two beautiful golden sigils, marks of the Nattono House in which Roche was one of their youngest sons. A single golden cresent with two arching wings that ran parallel to one another over the top of the arch. Upon both shoulders however, two large Red Pauldrons with Golden Epaulettes that hang off the far corners of the Mobile Suit's Shoulders. Unlike most Leos however, the Leo-S's visor was more a band of polarized green glass then a box like the original Leo. Donning the top of the head, a thin and spiked jut of golden armor had been formed to resemble that of a curved horn or a shark's fin, which, while dulled and muddy from the constant fighting, still remained unbroken.

"At Once My Lord!"

The first to land upon the top of the Argo were the RGM-79 GM IIs and RGM-79 GM IIIs. Two of the IIs landed near to the Leo-S with HWF GMG·MG79-90mm Bullpup Machines and wasted no time in firing into the oncoming Drone Swarm. Given how many the Aliens had sent out, rather then mark and slowly work their aim in proper fashion as they had been taught, they merely added to the volume of fire currently being belched out by the Argo below them. The Machine Gun was of simple design, not intended to be used for accuracy but more for supression fire.

The Monitors of the two RGM-79 GM IIs were lighting up as their OS Systems registered the number of hostile combatants. However, when it became clear that they would bleed their ammunition dry on these enemies, given that it took two or three rounds to bring a single Drone down due to their Kinetic Barriers, they were forced to switch to the same firearms that the other two RGM-79 GM IIs had brought with them. From their heads, twin 60mm Vulcan Guns would begin to burn through their own ammo stores as they started to leave twin trails of flakk rounds into the oncoming storm.

"This is Melody JJX1, The enemy Drones utilize Shielding Technology. Permission to switch to Heavier weapon systems My Lord"

One of the RGM-79 GM IIs turned its head towards the Leo-S as it slapped in a fresh magazine into the Bullpup. The other Two RGM-79 GM IIs had landed behind them, both sporting heavier weapons in the form of the devastatingly powerful BR-M-79C-1 Beam Spray Gun which they would put to great effect as the Bow of the Argo passed into the swarm of Drones. Even as their 60mm Vulcan Guns mounted of the four's heads opened fire, causing detonations or trails of smoke from the small drones which was swiftly approaching, they would heft and align the Beam Spray Guns with the cloud before compressing the trigger.

"Yes my friends! Prepare your strongest attacks for what is to come!"

Even as he said this, the Drones unfolded their bellies to reveal a single lens which projected a beam of light that, upon contact with one of the RGM-79 GM II's FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-007 Shield, the energy was otherwise diffused but overall left a light scorch mark upon impact. The Titanium-Ceramic Composite helping to negate its otherwise weak output of what appeared to be some kind of cutting beam. Yet this was offset by their sheer numbers. Already, as the IIs were firing into the swarm, punching through Kinetic Barriers with significant ease, they were starting to accumulate damage over time.

However the last RGM-79 GM IIs to land was equipped with a rather interesting weapon, in the form of a YHI YF-RC180 Railcannon and while this weapon was best used against stationary or slow moving targets, such as the Battleship that now hung in orbit, the II, tagged JJX5 on IFF sensors of the DeathScythe, lowered the weapon anyway and let it belch a single round. Given the sheer power involved in it being a Railcannon, it cut a swath through the center mass of the swarm ahead of the Argo. Drones over loaded due to the passing energy that traveled behind the round, even as it swept through the dense cluster of automated machines, punching through an unlucky bomber, and then striking with significant force against the side of the Battleship.

"This is Melody JJX5! Confirm direct hit on Xeno Battleship, I repeat, Confirm Direct Hit on Xeno Battleship. Cover Me as I reload!"

That was excellent News, though as dozens of drones either evaporated under beam fire, were torn asunder by the Argo and Vulcan Intercept Weapon Systems, or were struck down by the Leo-S'es Duel Blades, the strike seemed to jog something in the ship. Now that it knew it wasn't out of range of the fighting even with its forces. As the Drones reoriented to strike at JJX5, the RGM-79 GM IIIs landed around them in a broader circle, adding their own Vulcan fire to the rather withering storm of lead being slung into the air around the Argo.

"This is Nelda 1 to 5. Don't worry JJX, we got you covered."

Unlike the IIs, the IIIs were simply equipped with the HFW-GR·MR82-90mm GM Rifle which they were much more sparing with in terms of providing fire support for their aging counterparts. However thanks to their more advanced operating systems, they were much more precise with their shots, ensuring that the flaming wreckage of multiple drones were sent spiraling either onto the ground or landing atop the Argo. Thanks in part to the fact that the GM Rifle was a direct energy Beam Weapon, the Drones Kinetic Barriers did nothing to slow it down and allowed for proper penetration and even over penetration. The energy involved however fried internal systems and otherwise destroyed their internal components.

"Nelda Squad, Prepare Micro Missiles...Lock on Target..."

The HUDs of the Five Mobile Suits would rapidly begin picking targets for amongst the Swarm. By Sharing Tactical Information between one another, their systems easily ensured that the 75 Micro Missiles which eventually sprung from their shoulders wouldn't strike the same target as another.

"And...Fire!"

With sweeping contrails of smoke, they leaped forth and struck targets, though the Drones did little to dodge the incoming fire. Scrap Metal and burning wreckage either fell atop the Argo or were sent spiraling down to the surface far below. It was at this point that the two RGM-79C GM Kais which had accompanied the others joined in on the fire. While Vulcan Guns and other Shell based fire proved to be a rather large drain on ammunition compared to the time it took to bring down a single drone in the thousands still remaining, they still did so.

"This is Jacob's Squad, Last of our forces. Let us meet the foe headon!"

Rather then wait for the Drones to continue coming to them, these two, whom had lost the rest of their Squad to a concentrated Tank assault a few days prior, were itching to avenge them. Jacob1 was sadly missing its left arm, taken off by a tank in the previous battle, so its only remaining arm held a rather unorthodox weapon. Known as the Gundam Hammer when in actuality it was a chain attached to a Titanium-Tungsten Composit Ball covered in spikes. With a single swing of the damaged Mobile Suit, the ball connected with half a dozen Drones, crushing them beneath its weight, while those that flew into the chain were mangled or knocked away.

Jacob2 however had drawn forth the BOWA XBC-M-83D-2C Beam Carbine in one hand and the standard Beam Saber in the other. Like his companion, his own GM Kai was damaged, with part of its left leg missing, taken off between the ankle and the knee. Sparks and coolant leaked as it raised its Beam Carbine and let loose a series of accurate strikes, but not on drones. It was aimed past them. For the two Mobile Suits were heading towards the Surface Fighters and Bombers.

However, seeming to understand that their tactics weren't working, even as the fire from the Argo intensified, the Drones started to branch out and strike the Mobile Suits from multiple sides. Even at the arrival of the ZM-S06S Zoloats, those strange looking Mobile Suits of the Zanscare Empire, the Drones began to wear down the IIs and IIIs. With curved feet that tapered into two points with open parts, red and gold respectively, connected to a brown foot in the center and there by connected to the actual legs of the mobile suit. While built in tune with some Gundams, what with the front sporting armor below the cockpit, the shoulders were broad and rather robust, with three opening sections along the sides and one which ran near the bottom of the third all the way around to the other side.

"This is Jelda Squad of the Zanscare Empire, We are moving to aid. Hold fast, Sons and Daughters of Humanity!"

The Two Zoloats would not land on the back of the Argo as they opened their chest plates, revealing twin 4-Barrel 60mm Vulcan Guns which they would begin sweeping through the Drone Swarm along with a combination of their Vulcan Guns and 5-tube Beam String Emitters which were housed in the shoulders. These thin wires were shot from the shoulders, each impaling a drone, and puncturing through to the other side before its edge began to glow. Drones by the dozens which were scraped by the Emitters were bisected or overall reduced to scrap as a result of their systems frying from the intense heat and static electricity.

Unfolding from their backs, twin sets of Beam Cannons would release their concentrated payload into the swarm, which by now was starting to thin, merely a thousand or so left compared to where it had began. However, the Mobile Suits were still being ravaged. JJX3 fell back as a Drone smashed into its head and detonated, blowing out and overloading its head sensors, causing it to shut down. JJX4 had several Drones laying around it, having run clean through its Spray Gun's ammunition and switched to its Beam Saber. Nelda2 was laying on its back, having suffered the same fate as JJX3 before it.

Slowly, fire was beginning to prove more costly, and the Mobile Suits were switching to Shield and Sword as the Drones tried to use their own fire against them. JJX1 nearly being cut in half from a stray shot by the Argo as its Close Intercept Guns tracked one of the Drones.

"This is Benja2, prepare for Explosive Ordinance!"

However, the RGZ-95 ReZELs would provide some much needed relief in the form of their additional Beam Rifles, Vulcans, and their Grenade Launches mounted under both arms. The delayed detonations helping to swat nearly three dozen Drones at once as they blew up in the midst of large swarms.

"This is the Argo, we have Boarders! These damn things are chewing through the underside of the Argo and trying to get inside. We Require aid!"

Aid they did receive, for both the DeathScythe Hell and the Destiny Gundam both swooped below the Argo to provide support. The DeathScythe opened up first with the use of its Bat Funnels which were launched from its skirt and moved independently of the Gundam which drove its Beam Scythe through two Drones trying to dig into the ebony metal of the Argo like mechanical Ticks. The Funnels would fire thin emerald beams, piercing through the bodies of Drones and causing them to freeze or detonate before they began their descent towards the ground far below.

The Destiny would join in a few seconds later as the remaining Mobile Suits arrived. Shinn actually going for a close up approach. Grasping one of the Drones and used its MMI-X340 "Palma Fiocina" Palm Beam Cannon which would would prove to be overkill as it reduced the drone to scrap metal. Turning, and using its MMI-GAU26 17.5mm CIWS on another wave of incoming Drones, several more would fall before the others got their turn in.

"This is NVA1, we hear you Argo, moving to Assist Gundams now. NVA1 to 8, let's go!"

Compared to the other mobile suits, the Type-89/F-15J Kagerou weas known as a Tactical Surface Fighrer and as the name suggests, never saw combat in space theaters. They were purely made for planet side combat by their parent company, Fugaku Heavy Industries or their Subsidiaries, Mitsuhishi Heavy Industries. With a mottled grey coloration to their armor, the bodies looked much more streamlined compared to mobile suits. Slender legs led down to feet which looked almost human in nature. Both knees had a jutting section of solid armor in the shape of a hexagon. The back of the Tactical Surface Fighter lacked standard vents and in their place were twin "jets" with stabilizing fins which in turn were connected to the broad hips. The groin of the Type-89 had a single jutting piece of grey metal which tapered to a point.

Fire came in from the eight machines using two main means of fire, though NVA 4 and 7 were lacking a left arm and a back thruster respectively. They used either the AMWS-21 Combat System or the WS-16 Assault Cannon which spat just as much ammunition into the Drone Swarms. The Type-89s had rather slender waists, with a boxy body which sat atop it. Shoulders sporting Pauldrons jutted off to the sides while the mark of Japan was embroidered on the left and the Squad on the right shoulder. The head itself was more sloped, and with two eye ports giving it a very human like appearence. It's head even possessed something akin to a chin on it.

"This is the Deathscythe, we've cleared your stomach of bugs, you should be clear to continue on target."

However, even as the two Gundams began to pull back, Jacob1 finally was brought low. The Mobile Suit had managed to blow through the Drone Swarm and close on the Fighters and Bombers. It had taken several missiles and Mass Accelerator shots to its waist and right leg, but continued to swing its Gundam Hammer. However, on its last swing, the Hammer was knocked off course as an Alien Gunship, sturdier then one would think, slammed into its side. It's nose mounted Mass Accelerators would come online directly against Jacob1's Cockpit. The machine's armor lasted for a few moments before the rounds started erupting through the back.

"G..Glory to the Alliance! I'll...See you later..Marcus.."

The Mobile Suit was actually cleaved in two as a result of the continuous fire from the Gunship, the two halves smoking before a detonation engulfed both Jacob1 and the Gunship.


0121.10.14

Shanxi System -  Shanxi Capital:  Auttobenid

Ground Side

Expeditionary Fleet

Shinn Asuka

Shinn winced as Jacob1 finally went down, since taking to the air, that was the first casualty of the fight. Those of the IIs and IIIs could be salvaged and repaired, but their pilots were still alive. Even as the Destiny Gundam rushed ahead, blood singing in his ears at the sight of another life being taken in this pointless war, a hand grabbed his Gundam by the shoulder and dragged him back.

"God damn it Shinn! Get ahold of yourself!"

Duo's words seemed to drag him back from those old memories of the Second Bloody Valentines War before he shifted his focus to the Argo. Thankfully, the Ace GPACs had arrived to back up both sides of the fighting.

"Lam's Head 1 and 2, support topside, Lam's Head 3, get stuck in with those TSFs. We aren't getting paid to sit on our asses!"

Compared to the other two, the Normals that had flown up to join the fighting weren't anything special in appearence. They resemble the TFSes more then Mobile Suits, but with blockier armor on the legs and chest. The arms however held one weapon each and the shoulders their own. In this case, they came equipped with a focus on several Self Locking Missile Systems which they put to good use. Much like the Micro-Missiles before them, these lock on fire systems had been hard wired to work based on a laser guidance and to filter out the various particles in the air which would have otherwise played havoc.

Spheres of detonated Light began to emerge amongst the clusters as nearly two hundred Drones were wiped out by that first opening barrage. However, by now, the Fighters and Bombers were close enough and the enemy Battleship had gotten within range. As demonstrated when a round from its various cannons completely atomized Lam's Head 2 and Jacob2 at the same time. Mobile Suit and Normal going up in flames as they detonated.

"Those shorts are going to tear us apart. We need the weapons out of the picture right now!"

The Argo's voice echoed through the assembled forces before a beam of compressed plasma arched through the sky and slammed into the Battleship, actually causing it to shift as a result. A barrage of heavy ordinance and an absurd amount of rounds were slung into the remaining Drone Swarm at a rate that could only be described as Overkill by all sides. From the clouds, the only two NEXTs that had accompanying the group flew down. Landing atop the Argo. These being the 00-ARETHA and the 002-B respectively.

"This is ARETHA and B to all forces. Focus on that Battleship before it can bring down the Argo. We will handle things from here. Glory to the Alliance."

Their arrival would turn things once again back around as the Plasma had eaten through the outerhull of the Battleship and exposed some of its interior. The ARETHA has a very distinct appearance in comparison to its fellow NEXTs; First and foremost, it stands about 1.5 times taller than even the largest Next, and has particularly long arms. The craft also seems to lack a traditional head part, with it's sensors seeming to meld into the machine's core. Completing its silhouette are its massive guns, which are longer than the machine is tall, and will most likely be the first thing one notices while looking at the machine. Despite these differences, an examination of the core and the shoulders would give it more than a passing resemblance to the Aaliyah family of crafts.

"Glory to the Alliance!"

As the still operational Mobile Suits and TSFes move forward, taking off from the Argo, the ARETHA would begin sweeping the surroundings with its quintuple Gatling weapon. Five - five barreled rotating guns would unleash a staggering amount of lead into the air, negating the drones ability to survive thanks to their Kinetic Barriers. At this point, the Drone Swarm was finished as both it and the 002-B began to release conjoined fire into the remains of the swarm. However, the manned fighters still sat between them and their target. By now, the Argo was beginning to launch its arsenal towards the Battleship, trading fire while the DeathScythe lead the charge against the manned fighters.

The 002-B was unlike any other Mecha here asides from the ARETHA. It's feet were literal pieces of triangular metal with branching sections pointing off towards the sides and a heel that jutted upward. The legs were slender but connected at the knee with two pieces of jutting metal that in themselves remain disconnected from the rest of the machine. The pelvis of the machine had a single downward thrusting tooth of armor while the body was almost conal shaped and separated into two separate parts. However it was the weapon in its right hand that was really of interest. Nearly as large as the NEXT itself, some 15 meters long, and split into two sections and a single piece of jutting metal between the two sides. Literal Lighting arced between these sections as it aimed the weapon towards the Battleship.

"This is Jorion. Firing."

With a scream, the PA Rectifier on the right arm and held it forward, towards the Battleship as charged particles of Kojima Energy which it then thrust forward. With a surge in the blinding white light, it solidified into what amounted to a blade. Three hexagonal shaped indentions were set just between the shoulders and the main body, hosing what looked like turbines of some kind. On the shoulders, broad like shields jutted from the shoulders themselves.

With engines roaring, the PA Rectifier surged forward, spearing through twenty fighters, eight bombers, and six gunships before exceeding past and piercing into the Battleship. All the while, the left arm, which was made up of a four interlocking pieces of metal that in itself detatched and flew up, revealing several funnels which launched from their casings.

A grin worked its way into Shinn's face as he watched the Battleship begin to list, fire bursting from several sections where it had been struck by the fire coming from both the NEXTs. Sadly the missiles from the Argo, which in itself was belching smoke from rents in its armor, were always intercepted and swatted out of the air. Their intercept systems were on point at the very least. Yet as the Argo banked left, its right wing receiving several dozen strikes from the ships heavier gun, four bright vibrant beams of blue pierces clear through he battleship from the Argo's Main Gun before it flies past and begins to make a turn for a second pass.

"All forces, move back, that thing is going down. We can send forces in to clear it out. A nice priz-"

Duo was cut off as the main gun on the Battleship, spinal length from what Shinn knew, fired. Along with what have been every still functional weapon system on the vessel itself all at once. All aimed at Auttobenid.


0121.10.14

Alien System - Alien World Orbit

Batarian  Hegemony  65th Pirate Fleet - Fist of Shar'Kesh

Captain Neba'polta

Neba'polta growled with a grin as he was given the go ahead from the Admiral to move into orbit. His hands clasped behind his back, the Fist of Shar'Kesh slowly lowered into the atmosphere. The Seven Hundred and Fifty Meter long Battleship was the Pride of the Batarian Navy, able to hold its own despite its aged state with those of current generation vessels from the Citadel Races.

His Battleship had otherwise been converted into a carrier for the fleet, utilizing its massive cargo space for use in ferrying part of the fleet's surface fighters from orbit and into the atmosphere alongside their gunships. Distinctly, they had been gathering from raids mining drones used by the Volus and over the years converted them into portable attack drones. So when the vessel breached the atmosphere, he gave the green light to the Fist of Shar'Kesh's Radio Traffic Operator.

"Begin deployment of all assault craft and drones. It's about time we add their weight to breaking this shild and this species back."

From the port and aft sectors of the Battleship, doors would open, revealing the Fist of Shar'Kesh's fighter hangers and storage bays in equal measure.

"Reaper 22-1. Launching!" "Bentie 21-1. Launching!" "Grovanti 20-1. Launching!"
"Reaper 22-2. Launching!" "Bentie 21-2. Launching!" "Grovanti 20-2. Launching!"

Without much wait, the small collection of fighter craft, bombers, and gunships began to take off from the Fist of Shar'Kesh's fighter hangers. Over a dozen assorted squadrons would leave and begin heading towards the city below, to add their fire power to the slaves, mercenaries, and soldiers down below. Call signs continue to echo out as Neba'polta watched with satisfaction.

Though they were rapidly being eclipsed by the swarms of modified mining drones. He had personally seen these things in action. Salvaging or just Savaging vessels that his ship came across for scrap metal. Their mining lasers made quick work of shields or the light armor all but dreadnaughts and battleships were equipped with.

Yet the blaring of alarms that started a few minutes later as the assault craft left the hangers caught his attenion. Neba'polta would glare at the Comm's Officer, Necha, whom gulped.

"Communication Officer Nacha, what is triggering our Radar? Have the enemy already reacted to us breaching orbit?"

With a few taps of the keyboard, the Batarian at the station would draw up several screens before nodding his head towards his captain.

"Aye Captain. We have third assorted humanoid models coming from the planet's surface, including a much larger vessel. It's nearly Dreadnaught in width however!"

Even before Neba'polta could ask, a series of voices echoed over the Communication Array, as if highlightning what their sensors were blurrily picking up.

"This is Reaper 22-2. Confirmation of Hostiles incoming. Heavy Vessel is inbound towards the Fist of Shar'Kesh."

"This is Grovanti 20-1, humanoid models of weapons are forming up around large vessel...holy Gods, that thing just swatted thirty drones with a single barrage!"

As if to punctuate this statement, some thirty Drones would turn red on the ship's Drone Control Consoles. Gritting his teeth, Captain Neba'polta would turn towards the Gunner Section of the Bridge and glare angrily towards them.

"I want any gun we can directed towards that "thing". See if we can't swat it out before we turn our guns on the city and finally relieve our boys down there of all this madness. Hard to Port and Prepare the Main Gun!"

"Hard to Port!"

With the repeated orders echoing within the bridge, the battleship began to slowly turn towards the oncoming vessel and humanoid machines, even as they themselves brought their secondary weapons to directly point at the colony city, which from the start, had resisted all attempts to invade. Other cities across the globe had thankfully fallen given enough pressure, but the spoils from what the Captain had heard were barely two thousand slaves, many would likely die as the Slave Caste learned how to Mind Shackle them.

Then the Fist of Shar'Kesh shuddered as several Officers and crewmen were thrown from their stations if they hadn't properly buckled themselves in. Alarms were blaring again, but they sounded vastly different then before, a noise that Neba'polta knew all too well. Yet he still listened for a Engineering Officer to forward the information to the Bridge. That thankfully didn't take to long as a Communication's officer swiftly turned towards him and shouted.

"Captain! Engineering in Deck Six through Twenty near the central spinal collumn are reporting penetration by enemy Direct Energy Beams. It over penetrated but closed off several sectors and made them  inaccessible to repair crews!"

Well that explained a few things, though as he turned and watched the monitor of one of the near tactical map operators, he watched as more of the drone numbers were being pathetically wiped from existance in a rather disturbing and efficient manner.

"How long till we can bring the main gun into range?"

Even as he asked, the deck below shuddered as a series of detonations occurred close to the hull, their Point Defense Vis were swatting what appeared to be missiles out of the air, but the payload seemed to suggest that they still caused some exterior damage. These strange Not-Asari truly didn't do things half hazardly in their weapon's department when it came to explosives. Thankfully, he was rewarded when one of the Gun Operators near his left pumped a fist.

"Direct Hit Captain! The Enemy Surface Dreadnaught is leaking smoke from its right wing!"

Ah so this thing wasn't invincible as it seemed. Even as he turned, watching the forward view port display the full scope of the battle. he was rewarded with the sight of the once impressive Drone Swarm being reduced down to nearly three hundred. What was once three thousand, in just minutes. He did receive some good news from another of his Tactical Officers, before it turned sour.

"Captain, I'm reporting four Humanoid Machines down. Two to Drone Self-Destruct and two to Fighters and a Bomber. However, they are chewing through our forces rapidly and I recommend-

Whatever he was going to say was cut off as his head snapped to the side, a few seconds before a surge of strange yellow and red energy smashed near the Fist of Shar'Kesh's Engines and was swept down. The vessel actually found that the force, while it did penetrate, was enough to shift it so that the amount of damage was minimized. The beam would draw down the side before passing the battleship and peter off into the earth below.

"All Guns, fire at will. Now!"

With a roar, the multiple guns of the Fist of Shar'Kesh would open up across its long body, slinging Mass Accelerator Rounds towards the Surface Dreadnaught and its accompanying humanoids. However, the decision to do this was to little, to late. For the last two humanoids, the strangely designed ones, landed and joined the fray. The one with lengthy arms did away with what remained of the Drones, given that one of its arms ended in a set of 5 rotating guns that filled the air with an absurd amount of slugs. Quickly overwhelming the Drone's weak kinetic barriers. His Tactical's Officer, Kelia would suddenly snap his head around, fast enough that he thought it might break his neck.

"Captain! The ships sensors are detecting a heavy concentration of energy from one of the humanoids!"

Eyes widening, he turned to watch the strange secondary humanoid machine lower the strange weapon and direct it towards their ship. Even as it seemed to leave the barrel and fly towards the Fist of Shar'Kesh, Neba'polta had already turned, his body moving seemingly in slow motion.

"All Hands. Brace for Impact!"

He didn't even hear Kelia shout about loosing twenty fighters, eight bombers, and six gunships before the beam struck the Fist of Shar'Kesh near the central mass. Another report of over penetration would echo before reports of systems failing and detonations occuring in the areas surrounding the over penetration. Even as the Fist of Shar'Kesh started to list, fire continued to come in from the alien machines and their surface dreadnaught. Neba'polta fell back in his seat as his officers were already rushing to leave and make for the escape pods.

"Sit down!"

His voice echoed in their ears, causing the more senior members of his crew to stop what they were doing and turn back towards the Captain. The way that the Fist of Shar'Kesh now faced, put them directed towards the Alien Capital City, though not quite. His eyes however found the breach that their people had already made earlier. Even as the Fist of Shar'Kesh began to sink towards the ground, Neba'polta wasn't out of their fight yet. Turning to his own communication system, he activated it, even as the Fist of Shar'Kesh shook and shuddered from the punishment she was taking. Say what you will, the Batarians built their ships to soak up damage.

"All Crew! Abandon Ship. Make for any escape pods you are able. Gunner Officers however, return to your posts. We were given a task...let's make sure we complete it."

Turning back, as he watched his more loyal members return to their spots, looking somewhat sheepish, he sighed out softly.

"All Crews, angle guns towards the breach and the city. Put the  F ist of Shar'Kesh on a collision course. Use the detonation from the engines if you must but I want this vessel put on ramming speed!"

This order, it actually elicited some grins from the crew still on station. Even as the systems reported those life boats that hadn't been destroyed by the fighting firing off into the countryside of this planet, the engines, nearly severed from the Battleship, fired once more. However this effected it in such a way that with a detonation, the engines blew up and propelled the Fist of Shar'Kesh forward and towards the Alien Capital City. All the while, its various and undamaged guns on the port side lined up with the breach and the shield. Even as fire was redirected towards the battleship from the wall and from more incoming forces, the Battleship weathered the abuse.

"Fire at will..."

Were Neba'polta's last words as a beam speared through the top of the bridge and atomized him and the command chair, yet the order was given. All along the port and starboard sides of the battleship, its surviving guns would come alive as they began firing at will towards the Alien Capital. Nearly Thirty of these rapid fire mass accelerator auto-cannons were focused squarely on the breach. Yet even as the mighty battleship descended, growing closer to the ground, the shielding on the city began to flicker as millions of car sized rounds struck it, the wall, the trenches, and anywhere else.

With a scream of twisting metal, the belly of the Fist of Shar'Kesh finally came to impact the ground and begin skidding. For nearly sixty miles it would grind through, its own momentum keeping it moving before it slowed to a stop and listed to the left. While its guns continued to fire at anything that got near it. However, this would last only until an Alien Humanoid Machine with an overly long weapon put a beam of purple energy through the bridge, cutting off firing controls to the shackled Vi in the bridge. Their Cores would overload and become wiped.

However the damage was done, the shield was failing, the breach was not only widened, but reports were coming in that the metal Demon was seen struck by a Mass Accelerator Round and likely killed. The wall had fallen along the southeast and eastern wall where the ship's guns had penetrated through the failing shield and allowed the walls to be weakened enough. Cheers rang from the Invaders and Slavers side as their forces rushed into the breaches now created.

The wounded defenders that were found weren't taken as slaves. For some sick pleasure, they were butchered then and there. The slaves were egged on by their Pit Bosses to reap the spoils of their conquest. Their men would be slaves or meat, but those Not-Asari Aliens that were found, were taken then and there. As was the Right of conquerors. Even the Male Not-Asari weren't entirely spared of this. Some Female Slaves were forced to take them for the sick amusement of their Batarian masters, or Female Pirates/Mercenaries dragged the males to be pleasure slaves.

As the Batarians, Pirates, Mercenaries, and Slaves rushed in by the hundreds, the conflict shifted from the siege to urban warfare.


0121.10.14

Shanxi System - Shanxi Second City - Bolenta

The Fisherman's Angler Crash Site

Expeditionary Fleet

Lunamaria Hawke

Lunamaria felt her stomach drop as the news began to filter in over the Communication Channels.

"...I repeat...Alien Vessel has been grounded, however it managed to severely damage the Argo before being brought down. It used its main guns to breach the wall around Auttobenid's Southeast and East sections to allow for reinforcements to flood into the city. Unconfirmed Reports of...Of eating and raping are starting to flow in. All forces that can be spared...return to Auttobenid..defend her. Shanxi Tactical Command, Over and Out."

Lunamaria would continue to hold position however, she was the only mobile suit that Command could spare to protect the The Fisherman's Angler and what use to be Bolenta before said The Fisherman's Angler smashed into it. Given the enemy combatants preferred use of infantry and light vehicles, Command had decided to merely arm the militia, have surviving marines on the ship act as the garrison, and focus efforts on other locations.

"My God...Captain Jesse are you hearing this, Over?"

Broadcasted over the radio, Lunamaria would continue to hover over the crashed The Fisherman's Angler while work and repairs were still underway. Yet it was far from abandoned as its Mobile Suit Hangers were now empty, having been dispatched all across the world to help where they could. Thanks in part to the underground railroads, the The Fisherman's Angler had become the planet's intensive care ward for soldiers and civilians. Jesse would speak up even as Lunamaria watched a pair of Marines take shots at some Alien Scouts.

"This is Captain Jesse, yeah I heard it Lunamaria ...until Command gives us the Go Ahead, we are to hold position. Over."

The City had been slowly been turned into a fortress by the Marines, turning entire buildings into traps below a single sniper. What they lacked in numbers they made up for with guile to ensure that entering this city would be a death trap for any of the aliens. Something that they had picked up on after the last attack. However, as cocky as the Marines were, each attack still brought casualties to their side and yet the aliens seemingly were endless.

"I know...but just sitting here, while the others are fighting, just infuriates m-"

She stops as her Gundam, the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam's onboard systems detect another vessel entering the atmosphere near their position. Seems these Aliens weren't about to give up the ghost yet. Though her eyes would widen as, rather then it be yet another vessel coming down to the planet, it was six. Each of them nearly flat to the point of being squashed. In a lot of ways, they reminded her of loafs of bread with engines tacked onto the back, or bricks of all things. Each was rapidly highlighted by her Mobile Suit's Systems and classified based on already created Data.

"Captain! We have Planetary Invasion Class Vessels entering the atmosphere, about ten Kilos South, Southwest. Over."

Even now, as she watched, the bread looking vessels touched down and extended landing gears to hold themselves up. Ramps would slide out along the sides and below the engine, before specks began to rush out of it.

"I see them Gundam. You are to hold and help provide cover for the troops. Let the enemy comes to us. We don't need to loose you in the event this is a trap. Over."

Lunamaria sighed as she lowered the Impulse Gundam back into position. It having been fitted for long range barrage and suppression using its Destiny Impulse R Dragoon System to ensure that the Impulse Gundam would be able to reap a bloody toll upon any attackers at long range. Even as she lowered herself, both of her Gundam's "Wolfsbane" Long Range Beam Cannon would unfold from behind the Gundam and collide with the shoulders.

"Captain, permission to fire Wolfsbanes and see about thinning enemy vessels? Over."

She was prepared for the rejection, after all, she knew that these sick fucks made use of slave labor and forced combatants, no better then the Atlantic Federation did. She still had nightmares about the mop up operations in several of their less known installations and was sure that even after all this time, they were far from as clean. Just biding their time and preparing to attack their allies for their precious Blue and Pure World. However the answer she received was unexpected.

"This is Fisherman's AnglerImpulse Gundam, you are given the all clear to fire on enemy transports. If possible, seek to disable for later retrieval if possible, but if destruction is required, then send these bastards back to hell, Over."

Lunamaria's eyes shown as a consul would slip down and over her right eye, forming a cross guard that shifted about while another iron sight would be lined up on one of the transport ships. After a few seconds, the two wavering symbols would align over the Transport ship, the red symbols turning green as Lunamaria barked.

"Impulse Gundam, Firing!"

With the energy condensed within the barrels of both Wolfsbanes, the resulting twin eruptions of violet purple beams lashing out towards the first Transport Cruiser would snap all attention towards the city. Given the Cruiser's only role of ferrying troops, supplies, vehicles, and slaves to and from a planet, the Aliens seemed to have skimped on armor for their vessels. So when both beams from the Wolfsbane struck the sides of one of the Transport, the armor instantly melted and punched clear on through. Fire erupting from the ramps and open compartments before something must have caught, because the next second, the vessel went up. A fireball and shockwave rushed from the detonation site and flew outward. Shards of metal raining down, some punching through and damaging other transport vessels. One even had one of its forward landing legs sheered off by the resulting debris flying out. Causing it to lean slowly to the side before its other leg buckled under the stress and weight and collapsed forward.

"Confirm Kill on First Transport. I repeat, Confirm Kill on First Transport. Switching Targets to Second. Over."

Lunamaria blinked at the destruction before the other vessels started to take off, or at least trying to. The scream of surface fighters echoed and shuddered the Gundam as Six SF-3A Lancer IIs flew overhead, missiles launched from their bellies and striking the sides of two of the Transports, sending them listing as belching smoke and fires start to erupt from their hides like wounded beasts. One would however crack in two as its "reactor" or whatever they used, seemingly grew unstable and then detonated. However it was much more violent then a Nuclear or Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor.

Whatever was released following the detonation, released a shockwave that encompassed everything around the vessel.

"Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! This is Eagel 1-1! I've lost all control of my Lancer and am being dragged down!"

Lunamaria could only watch as every Lancer that had flown to catch the retreating transport vessels were violently dragged in an uncontrolled descent towards the ground along with all the others. They didn't so much collide as they were grasped by the might hand of an angry god and smote. Each fighter smashed into the ground at terminal velocity, detonating seconds later. The Transports were not far behind as they to smashed into the earth. Though their speeds weren't to be comparable to one another so they at least didn't detonate on impact. Lunamaria was about to say something when her radio echoed with a hacking voice, one filled with agony.

"T-This is ... (echos of bloody coughing delay the message and speaker)  Kn-Knight Lord Ebenhorn ( more bloody coughs, wet and paintful fill the com channel before it manages to clear up ) Vest Gremory. I...am re-reporting total collapse of defense of 23rd Buckner St...Street... I... will hold.. ( This time the interruption comes from alien tongues and a bellow of pain as well as the sound of something metal being ripped from wet meat. The radio echos with the clinking of what might be rebar as it collides with concrete )... this position ... For the Glory.. of the Alliance."

Lunamaria's eyes shift towards the distance city of Auttobenid, but even as she moves to contact Captain Jesse, the Impulse Gundam detects more vessels moving in, and with visual confirmation, they are combat vessels this time. With gritted teeth, she swiftly shifted her focus.

"Someone better go save his ass before we loose a Knight!"


0121.10.14

Shanxi System -  Shanxi Capital:  Auttobenid

Southern Desert

Tekkadan

Mikazuki Augus

"Firing..."

Mikazuki shifted his attention, the ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex's 200mm Wrist Mounted Cannon slid back into position and towards another set of surface fighters as they strafed his convoy. Tekkadan had been tasked with escorting refugees from other cities into Auttobenid in the hopes of protecting them from the increasing desperation of the aliens.

Yet this convoy, from Boulder City in the Southeast, had come under fire. It had begun when their sensors had started to go haywire, clearly being jammed in some manner. Some two thousand souls, scattered throughout over a dozen vehicles, were ferried towards the Capital when the leading truck suddenly detonated. Struck from the side by a self-propelled explosive of some kind, the vehicle would fly into the air as shrapnel and bodies were sent scattering about as a result.

The Convoy came to a screeching halt as gunfire erupted on the flanks from waiting Aliens, gunning down dozens of unarmed citizens. Radio chatter picked up by the Mobile Suits echoed with what sounded akin to laughter. However that laughter soon turned to panic as one of the few still operational OZ-06MS Leos planet side turned its 105mm Rifle on the assaulting Aliens on the Left Flank and turned the surrounding hills into pock marked craters as a result.

However the distraction was done as the OZ-06MS Leo stumbled forward, the clatter and crash of its left arm filled the area as one of the Aliens larger tank variants rose out of the sands. Somehow, through jamming or perhaps a means unknown to humanity, the aliens had actually managed to hide a two hundred ton hover tank before firing. It's 155mm Cannon smoking from the shot as it turned it towards the head of the Leo while its pilot tried to get up.

The tank itself was relatively flat with strange looking domes along its bottom that pulsed with strange energy which pushed downward and disrupted the sands directly below it. A section above this consisted of light armor plating set in a series of sloping "legs" which jut off the side and nearly tucked along the underside of the tank, each a garish red. Sponson mounted in three areas along the left side housed what looked like weapon systems, likely light machine guns or the alien equivalent of such for them. Two outward jutting sections above and below the "legs" on the tank would provide a sloped incline and a raised one, one impacting the inside of the "legs" and the other the top.

Like most tanks, the top consisted of a single primary gun, but the hull itself seemed to be "bubbled" for a lack of a better word. Like metal that had air trapped within it during the cooling process. The strange vehicle however was decorated with all manner of macabre trophies, likely taken before the campaign on Shanxi, given that some of the skulls, impaled on spikes and jutting metal, weren't familiar to the sensors of the Barbatos. The main cannon jutted from the front, lacking a rotating turret, the entire vehicle would be forced to shift to bring the weapon to bare, not unlike Tank Destroyers.

Thankfully however for the Leo, it was far from the only Mobile Suit on station for the escort. A pair of RPGs struck the Tank from its right flank, militia men, having found their opposition, the Aliens on the left flank, were subsequently decimated by the Leo. Freed of the need to focus all their attention on the aliens, two militia would in turn direct their attention on the hover tank.

"Second Squad. Preparing to Fire On Enemy Vehicle!"
"Second Squad. Firing on Enemy Vehicle!"

With twin expulsions of smoke, both single shot rockets were launched towards the tank even as it leveled its main cannon on the Leo and its side mounted weapons lined up with the convoy. Mikazuki had been turning, after putting a 200mm smoothbore round through the low flying surface fighter. Watching as both rockets struck the Tank, at the same time its three Sponsons on the left side would release a rapid burst towards the two militia men, turning their bodies into chunked flesh as a result. The main cannon however is only able to be loaded by the Auto-Loader, the sound of a chambering shell picked up even over the din of fighting, before both rockets strike the underside.

"Good Job... Barbatos, closing in to eliminate the enemy."

With thrusters blaring, Mikazuki would burn towards the Tank, shifting the 200mm Wrist Cannon back into place and hefting up the Sword Mace in both hands. Even as the Sponsors on the front, set in dome like protrusions, turned and began firing, the Barbatos was shifting out of their line, having leaped into the air.

"...I don't think so..."

First to strike was the Tail Blade, driving tip first into the front of the tank, as well as driving the main cannon into the ground as it was firing. The shell impacting the sand and detonating, causing the main cannon to erupt, likely killing several crew as the barrel blew back and folded outward, sides forming a blossoming flower in a sense as the tank rocked back. However, Barbatos wasn't done as its feet landed on the front armor with enough force to cause the light armor to collapse and then push up as the tank's anti-grave plates fired.

"..Batter Up..!"

However the Gundam proved far more powerful, and with a simplistic flick, the Gundam's tail would actually launch the tank into the air. Even as the other mobile suits reported two other Tank Variants rising from the sands and a ship entering low orbit over their position, Mikazuki merely smiled. Or smiled as well as one can expect a former child soldier to smile as he swung the Sword Mace around with both hands. Even while in Mid air, the Tank collided with the strange weapon, its multiple sides sunk into the weak armor of the underside, but not enough to hold it in place. Kinetic force and the machines own surprising light weight despite it being in the medium tank tonnage based on appearances, sent the machine skyrocketing following the collision.

Sadly, his strike was somewhat off as the vehicle smashed into the side of the rapidly descending ship. One of the boxy transports by the looks of it. Barely even shifting it as it lowered towards the earth a few dozen kilometers away. Huffing, Mikazuki shouldered his weapon, even as Akihiro Altland chimed in over the Comms.

"Nice hit Mikazuki! I'd say that was at least a home run."

Though even as the ASW-G-11 Gundam Gusion Rebake Full City landed on the right side of the convoy, his own Gundam placing several pock marks into the sandy desert, it would kneel down to move the wreckage out of the road and make way.

"Ok everyone! Keep moving, we'll cover you."

Though even as the two of them and the Leo continued to provide support, the Coms the Militia were using were going haywire.

"God Damn these fuckers just don't give up! Someone clog that Gunner over on the dune!"

A crack of an anti-material rifle followed the command, and one of the four eyed aliens collapsed and rolled down the dune's side, a fist sized hole drilled right through their head.

"Target Eliminated. Moving to acquire new Target."

Even then, the ambush had claimed over two dozen lives since it began, at first they had been the ones with the higher kill/death ratio on account of this being a relatively coordinated ambush, but that had started to change when the left flank was given some breathing room by the only mass produced mobile suit amongst their group. Even as the vehicles began moving, Mikazuki finally managed to finally find what had been playing havoc with the Mobile Suit's Sensors and mapping.

While it was for the most part hidden beneath the sand, a strange series of antennas jutted from the desert. The Barbatos shifted towards the antennas and aimed its right 200mm cannon towards it. The crack of shells echoed over the din of combat as the Aliens on the right flank made another push against the remaining militia men and women. However, as the shell neared the largest of the antennas, it was intercepted by a hexagonal dome that sprung into existance a few meters above the largest of the antennas.

"...Shields..."

Mikazuki would frown before he fired two more times towards the strange antennas, the shells meeting the same fate as the first. Though the sand itself seemed to shake and shudder, as something actually rose from the sandy desert to reveal itself. Like the Tank the aliens had brought, only all instances of weapons taken off, and replaced with a series of antennas overhead. The shield system seemed to be connected to these antennas, directing the energies up and forming a dome like shape above it and two other Alien Vehicles.

With a humph, Mikazuki would rush forward, his Tail smashing into the shield, though only to have it be deflected as the shield bubble pulsated. However he was forced to bring Barbatos back as the two vehicles that the shield protected turned their Sponsons towards the Gundam and released a stream of scything rounds that tore into the sand as they tried, and failed, to track the movements of the rather nimble Gundam. They raked through the sandy desert as six sets of rapid fire light guns tried and failed to hit the Gundam.

"...Tough bastards..."

Mikazuki gritted his teeth as he rushed back in under the hail of fire from the tanks, dragging his Sword Mace back, and launching into the air. Dragging it down in an overhead swing, it collided with the ground, as a result, kicking up great curtains of sand and, if the tanks were tracked or some other mode of transportation then hover, disrupting and possibly injuring the crew.

However all the smoke screen managed to do was obscure the Gundam and let him flank to the left. Even as the tanks fired into the cloud at random locations, still seemingly to be able to track Barbatos despite the sand screen, it was clear that something else was at play. However that meant little to Mikazuki as he forged ahead, switching his Wrench Mace into another overhead swing as Barbatos erupted from the sand screen and brought the Sword Mace down atop the Shield.

For more then a few seconds the shield seemed to fight back, seemingly refusing to merely surrender before the Gundam's enhanced strength won out of the military grade shielding and it cracked like a pane of glass from the impact. The Sword Mace would then go on to continue down and into the center of the Shielding Vehicle. The massive weapon driving and neatly folding the several ton vehicle in half as a result of the collision.

Jumping back, boosters propelling it away from what followed as whatever the vehicle used as a power source detonated. Bubbles forming along the hull which glowed a bright yellow before detonating outward and causing the hull to to curl outward at the explosive point. Then with a crack, the entire vehicle would become enveloped in a cloud as shrapnel and pieces of hull are cast about. Several even propelled with enough force as to punch through one of the tank analogues but it wasn't enough to cripple.

Though erupting back, boosters helping to put some distance between him and the tanks, Mikazuki would turn Barbatos towards the road as he watched the convoy finally clear the wreckage of the interstate and begin moving. The burning wrecks of tanks, Armored personnel carriers, and alien vehicles were left in the wake of the fighting. However even as the Shanxi Militia worked to pull back, laying suppressing fire from one of the Leos while it helped support the wounded second.

"...Cutting this short..."

However, he had Barbatos'es onboard computers quickly log and tag both of the tanks. Leaving enemies undealt with wasn't the Tekkadon method but he couldn't waste anymore time here. Folding his Sword Mace over his back even as Barbatos shifted and dodged out of the way of streams of Mass Effect supported light machinegun fire from the Tanks Sponsors before one of their main cannons aimed and tried to fire. Thankfully the round went wide and off to the left. The Barbatos easily moved back into the escort as the Aliens fell back, the militia men and women having gathered their dead back into flatbead trucks.

This was far from the first escort derailment that they had faced, but it had been the most extensive and time consuming ambush and they had suffered the most casulties as a direct result of the ambush.


0121.10.14

Alien System - Alien Capital

Citadel Alliance: SPECTER

Saren Arterius

Saren had managed to slip away from the combat as soon as the Alien Cities wall was breached and then the subsequent death of the slave Bele in his arms had shaken Saren more then he would have liked to admit. When he had started looking into the events in the Terminus System and the subsequent Batarian Raids into the Heart of Council Space, he had gone undercover and allowed himself to become a slave to infiltrate their operations.

Managing to guess the next Turian colony to be raided by the slavers, Saren managed to get himself captured and embedded into their forces, acting as a slave soldier. Thankfully, using the same Blackband Frequency that Spectars can key into, and by extension the Council, he began feeding information back to the Citadel so that a retaliatory strike could be initiated.

Then the Batarians had caught wind of something that sent them into a frenzy, it wasn't long begore both they and the slaves that had been taken so far were rounded up into their drop ships, placed into harnesses, and fitted with bomb collars. Saren himself was no exception, but compared to the others he had managed to disable his collar soon after, though making sure the other slaves wouldn't spot him doing it as well.

Only vague whispers from the guards and soldiers could shed light on the situation as he was left strapped into his seat, but soon enough he felt the ship leave the atmosphere and head for space as well. A few hours and even a few public beatings to remind the slaves of their place later, he finally got something to help him better understand what the Batarians were doing. Their Loud Speakers cracked to life in their drop ship, followed by an announcement.

"Well Slaves, it seems today is our lucky day. We've been given orders to bring a new species into the fold! So make yourselves ready. pray to whatever impotent gods or spirits you worship, and try not to get shot to quickly."

The revelation that the Batarians were to be a new species first contact with the Citadel was not something Saren wished upon any species. Let alone one about to meet some of the Batarian Pirate Lords. When the tale tale tremors of combat began to echo through the drop ship cradle that his and dozens of other slave drop ships were locked into, it was clear that First Contact had already broken down.

There were no windows on the Slave Drop Ship so he was unable to see what kind of situation was going on outside as he felt gravity switch off and the ship drop into free fall, either a sign of damage to their parent ship or that they were being released for the invasion proper. The heat hit them first as a result of their drop ship entering the planet's atmosphere. Hell would await even the Specter as he landed on this Spirit's Forsaken Planet.

That was weeks ago, and all that he had seen and experienced over the course of his time here had been unadulterated hell when forced to fight and kill to maintain his cover. Yet not that time had passed it would seem. Given the amount of destruction the Batarians and this new species was reaping on one another, not to mention what had happened earlier, it seemed like his time to remain under cover had finally come to pass.

Diving into a bombed out structure that the aliens built at some point, Saren would hunker down before pulling out his Omni-Tool and slicing through his Slave Collar. Using the built in Quantum Entanglement Thread, he was able to easily bypass the usual limitations to connect to the Blackband Frequency. It would take a few minutes to reach the Citadel, but until then, he needed to vent. The abuse he suffered at the hands of the Batarians had left him in an agitated state, and the barbarity of the Aliens had served to enhance that.

So as luck would seem to smile upon him as a squad of the aliens and a squad of Batarians entered the building one floor below him and began to trade fire. From the Batarians, a Heavy would step out from behind cover and with a grin, his M-300 Claymore and brought it up to his shoulder. Eyes widen as Saren slammed his claws over his head, while the Batarians would as well activate noise cancellers in their helmets. The Aliens had no idea what was about to come, so when the Claymore's trigger was compressed, the entire building shuddered as a result. The Krogan made shotgun, as large as it was, left those in the enclosed building deaf after it fired off.

The result however for the aliens was messier. At least six of the original twelve aliens were not but gory chunks splattered across surfaces of the bombed out building. Their cover had been completely reduced to shredded rubble while the remaining six were in some capacity wounded as well. One of the aliens was screaming, holding his stump of a right arm where the blast had reduced the arm to pulped flesh and bone. However there was one amongst the group of aliens that stuck out. A small child looking alien with blond hair, whom was bathed in blood and slowly stumbled back. However the male, given the sexual dimorphism that seemed prominent in the aliens, slowly looked to his left side, where a chunk had been blown out of his chest.

Blood leaked from the wound but upon closer inspection, it wasn't just blood. Saren's eyes widened and then narrowed in ignorant anger as he spied metallic bones sticking out. Sparks flying off where exposed wiring was seen. Saren had encountered these things on several occasions since landing. The Aliens actually had the gall to make use of AI and Synthetics in their forces in combating the Batarians. He had seen soldier Synthetics tear through at least several legions of Batarians, their faces covered in black blind folds and wearing strange cloths.

Yet this one seemed to cower as if it wasn't a machine made to look like the aliens. Acting more like a civilian, but Saren was a Specter and as such, he would enforce the Council's laws upon these Heretics. The word came to his mind without warning, causing him to pause, not even having a definition nor knowing where he heard it before. Yet with a shake of his head, he rises from his perch and allows his abilities to come forth. There were few amongst the Batarians and the Asari were shackled to ensure they couldn't make use of their Biotics. So when he leaped down, his hands moved and he launched a blast of Carnage Biotics into both sides of the conflict.

The Biotic Particles rapidly eating through armor on both sides as he landed, his M-6 Carnifex snapping into his hand before he placed two shots into the Batarian Heavy's forehead. The Shotgun wielder going down relatively easy as this left him to deal with eleven more Batarians and six aliens in various states of being wounded. The Squad Leader of the Batarians, seeing his Heavy go down, turned and roared, hefting his M-15 Vindicator up towards Saren.

"We have an Armed Slave here in District 12. Biotic as well. Turian. All near by forces be advised."

The Vindicator would roar as it began to fire towards the Turian. Whom, with practiced reflexes, threw up his hand to intercept the bullets using a Warp, the bolt of energized biotics would tear through the oncoming rounds from the Vindicator and then engulf the head of the Squad leader. Causing it to pop like a messy tomato a few seconds later. However in that same second, Saren lifted and placed a round between the eyes of two other Batarians. The Aliens however weren't spared. He was a professional, and as such, he would not leave witnesses.

With a turn of his heel, his Carnifex would bark, the unshielded men and women would receive a single round into their craniums before they dropped. The other aliens, knocked out of their confusion, hosed the spot that he had been standing a few seconds earlier. The Batarians had recovered and were shifting their focus to the Specter as well. However Saren was nothing if not a monster. While evading incoming fire moving at the speed of near light, he easily planted one round after another, a single round for each combatant in the room.

One of the Aliens even hefted what looked like a grenade on a piece of wood towards him. A scoff leaving the aged Turian before he fired off a Warp, catching it and the arm in tandem. The scream of the alien cut short as the grenade went off, reducing him and his companion into chunked meat on the ground. Leaving two aliens whom were already working to pull back with what passed as a civilian.

The Batarians would as well receive several casualties, in the form of squad members whos kinetic barriers failed to deal with the Anti-Armor/Shield rounds that Saren had specifically chosen for the engagement with kinetic barriers. Sadly his main target was trying to leave. The remaining aliens and the synthetic were trying to retreat through the door they had come from. They got to nearly the exit before a round both took them in one of their knees, effectively taking the legs off at said knees and spilling crimson across the floor as a direct result.

Perhaps it was due to this mission or just built up stress over the years from doing black ops missions and assassinations for the Council, but mercy was the farthest thing from the Specter's Mind as he turned his head to let an RPG fly past him and impact on the second floor of the building. Even as the Aliens fired at him, to which he wasted no time in putting them down, leaving the synthetic, his attention returned to the threat of the Batarians. The Squad having brought up an RPG and directed a second rocket at him.

This would of course cause him to sigh and with a flash, he vanished, using Blink to close the distance between himself and the Batarian. Right hand grasping hold of the Muzzle of the RPG and crushing the barrel as the trigger was compressed. The resulting detonation would cause the surrounding explosives to as well go off, there by resulting in the collapse of the second floor above the survivors, crushing them.

Even as the child looking synthetic looked on, Saren would rise from the rubble, revealing the carapace having been burnt away and exposing an arm that..was not right. The skin, if it could called that, was some form of gelatious material, pale yellow in coloration, pulsating and shifting before the very eyes of the child. Then it reverted back to the false material that went to pass for Carapace. His cover was slightly blow. Thankfully, few knew of what or who he was. Before the Synthetic's very eyes the "Turian" if it could be called that, strode through the corpses of twenty four individuals before coming to stand before the wounded child synthetic.

"You could have done much to help what is to come for your people. Now, that you've seen to much. I will have to deal with you."


Saren reached up and grasped the child's right shoulder as he held it by the top of the head. Muscles bulged as the synthetic seemed to contemplate what was going on and with a scream, he reacted. A fist collided with the adult "Turian's" stomach which in turn would send him flying back. The synthetic collapsed to the ground and tried to crawl away, even as Saren rose once again and leaped into the air. With minimal effort, he drove his own fist into the synthetic's chest, enough force exerted to split it in twain.

It was clearly experiencing some kind of system's shock as it twitched and gasped. Yet Saren paid it no mind, he lifted the bisected Synthetic once more into the air and with his other hand, extended his omni-tool.

"Have some dignity at least at the end."

With a clenched fist, the Omni-Tool extended, piercing through the throat of the Synthetic child and separating head from neck at that. The torso would collapse to the ground and twitch as the head blinked at Saren. Then he smiled, five minutes having passed since this confrontation started and it had ended.


0121.10.14

Shanxi System -  Shanxi Capital:  Auttobenid

10th Evacuation Shelter

Auttobenid Militia

Neo-Mobile Doll Abigail Williams

Abigail Williams screamed out as she stumbled back, falling on her small rump. The blond haired small child would wrap her arms about her waist as her eyes replayed the last moments of Ventra over and over again in her mind. Her brother, while both being Neo-Mobile Dolls, had just been killed. Their shared link and network overrun with warnings as he relayed what he was seeing to his younger sister. The aliens had cornered a squad that was escorting him into the city after coming across him out in the wilderness while he himself was trying to gather food for the evacuation shelter.

A few days into the evacuation, those within the bunker had picked up on the strangeness that the fact those within weren't base humans. Each at their various stages of evolution. Even a few Cyber New Types were included.

Research by the Neo-Mobile Dolls had found that this district of Auttobenid had been placed beneath the jurisdiction of a minor Noble by the name of Aliga Von Best. Something about the man having triggered programs within the Neo-Mobile Dolls which had sent them researching into his family. However nothing ever came from their searach on account of any infromation about the family was not catalogued like many Noble families. They having disdained from using electronic methods and stuck to pen and parchment still.

They had begun to run low on supplies and he, being the strongest there, despite being a child, had opted to enter the vent systems to exit the city while fighting was going on. They had encountered the strange aliens on the way back and they had been nearly slaughtered. Then one of the Slaves had seemingly intervened. Only that wasn't what would happen. The slaughter only grew worse as the alien seemed to display abilities far exceeding even Coordinators and New Types.

Butchering both sides of the conflict with what seemed to be contemptable ease at which he did so. Even as he spoke, tearing her brother in half, he never stopped recording, while his core was destroyed from the collision, he sent one final message before going offline.

"Take Care Abigail. Know that Big Brother loves you..."

And then her other set of eyes vanished. Darkness replaced it and for the first time in her existance, she wished she could cry. It was a hollow feeling, to have the other side of your existance cease to be without warning. Her arms wrapped about her chest as several other civilians moved to comfort her, trying to understand what had happened and why she was hysterical all of a sudden. As she continues to try and run diagnostics trying to figure out what was going on with her processing routines, and AI matrix, when she was shaken from her inner turmoil by what sounded like gunfire coming from the hallway outside of the Shelter.

The shelter itself was a reinforced and heavy bunker of sorts, with heavy tungsten reinforced walls to ensure nothing short of bunker buster class ordinance could pierce the walls. The walls themselves were lined with a variety of containers for the civilians living in the shelter till the storm above ground had otherwise passed. Lockers for cloths, unfolding walls to provide privacy for those wanting it. Several dozen small rooms had been created by the civilians and the few Neo-Mobile Dolls within the shelter as well which had allowed for the humans to form their own little collections and squirrel themselves away to comfort each other.

While they were Civilian Modeled Neo-Mobile Dolls, they still retained higher strength and durability compared to humans. So the few that were there, including Ventra Williams, had taken it upon themselves to help the militia protecting the citizens from any harm. A few Nobles had posted themselves near the entrance, to ensure those inside would stay safe.

Now however, judging by the sounds outside, something was happening. Those near the entrance to the shelter would begin backing away as the sounds of fire outside the doors only lessened over the next few seconds. The muffled sounds of footsteps outside the heavy blast doors would confuse the civilians before a voice echoed from outside in an alien tongue.

Abigail was starting to regain her wits as the other Neo-Mobile Dolls within the room worked to help with the sudden stress of the loss of her brother "unit". Reviewing the footage of the Turian that had displayed the strange abilities of the aliens they had already seen across the planet. Yet the disabling of the door's locking mechanism outside would draw their attention.

Slowly the doors would begin to open, causing a few civilians to jump back as a corpse collapsed backwards. One of the Royal Guard that the Lord of Shanxi had assigned to protect the shelters. Gas Mask clad, the Royal Guards were silent warriors, not soldiers. Cold, disciplined, and without remorse. They wore heavier armor then your standard man or woman in the military services of the Queens. However they were allowed to add personal touches, such as religious texts to their armor. The man that had collapsed backwards had dropped his rifle, causing it to slide into the room.

Two Royal Guards and Thirty Militia men, now needed on the walls, had been placed to defend this bunker. Yet as the doors opened, the only dead seen outside were six militia men and the Royal Guard. However those inside could already see that the wounds inflicted on the dead were from ballistics. Something the aliens didn't make use of. Anger swelled as the militia men and women hefted their own weapons and turned them on the citizens.

"Well, times have certainly changed haven't they? Used to be that you freaks were separated rightly and away from Pure People..."

Ah...they now proudly displayed their affiliation, showing the insignia of Blue Cosmos upon their uniforms. Abigail had already raised the disturbing notion that they, New Types, Cyber New Types, Coordinators, Innovators, and Neo-Mobile Dolls made up the vast majority of those inside of the evacuation center. However, the idea that Blue Cosmos was actually connected to their current situation hadn't dawned on them. Abigail however was..to say the least, mentally distraught. The death of her brother program had snapped something in her.

"There isn't a reason to talk with them. Execute these freaks and move on. The Aliens are nearly to you."

"As you command my Lord. For the Preservation...of our Blue and Pure World."

Even as those in the room began moving behind cover they all moved in slow motion. The sounds of safeties being flicked off and a mixture of battery powered hand held laser rifles as well as ballistic weapons filled the ears of those in the room. In slow motion, the foremost man compressed his trigger as his 5.58 largo round screamed from the barrel and erupted outward. One of the charging civilians, a man in his early thirties, could only watch as his body was unable to move out of the way. Having grasped a lead pipe, he would barely move it in the way to cause the bullet to lodge in it.

"We won't go quietly!"

However before she realized it, Abigail was screaming as the child sized Neo Mobile Doll crossed the room and grabbed the fallen Mesna 5 Guage Shotgun. Even as she watched, two Coordinators and an Innovator went down as time moved forward, the hail of fire that flew into the room easily eclipsed even that of the advanced stages of human evolution that had been cornered. Her eyes would widen as a man at the back of the line took a knee, as he hefted up a Mk 2 Zeon Panzerfaust in preporation for firing it into the room. Her eyes locked on to the man, even as she watched several Coordinators make it to the first men. Having ducked behind the barricade and waited for them to either reload or vent the energy.

Already the citizen numbers were only twenty out of the forty six that had charged the fire. Choosing to die on their feet then cower. One of the Blue Cosmos men would fall back as a wounded Cyber New Type smashed his boot into the head of the man and drive a rusted pipe he had pulled from the wall into the top of his head. Sadly his kill is punctuated by another Militia man perforating his body with type 56 Anti-New Type Ammo. Illegal, as it causes the bodies of New Types and Cyber New Types DNA to rapidly decay at an accelerated rate due to a mutagenic compound that the rounds introduce to the body.

Then Abigail fired. The Royal Guard's Shotgun roared, deafening the men and women in this section of the shelter. Given the guage, the shotgun's bark was marked by the shards of metal rather then balls punching through the Panzerfaust weilder's head and torso, reducing both to scraps of bloody meat. Then she landed, farther back then she had intended. Rapid calculations would follow as she rolled forward. Six seconds had passed since the first shot was fired.

Despite her tiny size, despite her appearence of a small child, she shoved the shotgun with enough force up into the chest of another milita men and pulled back on the trigger, the barrel having punched through protective armor with ease and proceeded to erase the spine and the stomach. Her military issued fighting algorithums have decided to kick in and her "father" has seen fit to include several non-military issue ones.

"Program, Yog Sothoth, online. System: Abigail, has been shunted. Targets designated. Twenty One Targets. Exterminating in the name of the Empire. Ava Imperiator."


0121.10.16

Attican Traverse - Unknown Location

Batarian  Hegemony

Galactic Council

234th Expeditionary Fleet - Jampok Belak

Jampok would release several huffs as his ship exited out of Light Speed and entered into the unexplored system. They had been forced to abandon the Relay Network on account of a pursuing Turian Patrol Fleet. They had moved as far as possible off known routs that the Turians took, but as they descended into the system, something caught the sleep deprived eyes of the slaves on the bridge alongside the Batarians. The system that they had entered into had several planets but where there should be a sun, there was a massive complex of some kind. Obsidian metal with thin green lines running across its surface.

The captain's brief view of the worlds beyond were obscured by a shadow following over their vessel as a light blinded them. Rapidly the room started to fill with what looked like flashes of circling greenish light before his final sight is that of what looked like a large Black and Green Cube outside his view port. His final sight besides the strange cube was a Turian, though he was wrong, his carapace was pale, and there was all manner of metallic implements jutting from his body. Then his mind was suppressed and his body was claimed.

Then all was silence as he felt a spike jab itself into his neck from behind and a voice enter his mind.

"How...Pecular..."


Please Like, Favor, Subscribe, and leave a Review! I love to answer those when the chance arises.


Information Added since the Last Chapter.

Troop, Mobile Suit, and Vehicle Transports:

Columbus Kai-class Mobile Suit Carrier

Wet Ships:

Fighters:

Hrududu I

Hrududu II

Ground Vehicles:

Heavy Vehicle/Land Ships:

Mobile Suits:

Mock

RGM-79C GM Type C

TGM-79C GM Canard

RMS-154 Barzam

RGM-79 King GM

ORX-005EX Sturm Jaeger

RX-106E Hi-Zack [Vanargand]

MSZ-007 Z Rapier I

Special Units:

GPB-06F Super Custom Zaku F2000

Gundams:

侍ノ弐 Sengoku Astray Gundam

GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir Gundam

ZGMF-X20A-LP Gundam Love Phantom

GT-9600-DV Gundam Leopard da Vinci

Musha Gundam

Gundam Areus

Gundam Valkyrie

GX-9999 Gundam X Maoh

RX-121 Gundam TR-1 [Hazel]

RX-166 Gundam Mk-III "Eagley"

MSF-007TE Gundam Tertium

RX-124 Gundam TR-6 [Woundwort]

RX-124 Gundam TR-6 [Queenly]

RX-124 Gundam TR-6 [Kehaar II]

Mobile Armors:

ZMT-A31S Doggorla

Sid

UEA Argo

XB-0 Hresvelgr

UEA Aigaion

ORX-005 Gaplant

MAK-005S Gaplant Kai

RX-123 Gundam TR-S[El-Ahrairah]

RX-123 Gundam TR-S[Rabscuttle]

RX-124 Gundam TR-6 [Inle]

RX-124 Gundam TR-6 [Dandelion II]

Space Ships of the Line:

Space Stations:

Notes:

Author's Note: January 5th, 2021

Author's Note: So for the Earth Federation Vessels I choose the Salamis-Kai 0083 Refit to represent their smaller vessels. The Zeon Vessel was none other then the Late Stage Production Musai. I would have done more ships in the description but as it stands, I had hit ten thousand words alone by that point and if I spent the time describing all the different vessels there, I would have likely jumped this up to another ten thousand words.

Also I am gunna start doing some focus on a Shadow War that the Reapers have been trying and merely pulling up a stale mate Cycle after Cycle due to the simple fact that they are to few in number compared to this adversay but they possess the technological advantage.

The Galactic Core as well will not be housing the Collector Base. In fact, it has become the home of a far more frightening enemy with connections to the Shadow War the Reapers are fighting, the Creators of their enemy, and a future foe. Don't worry though! The combat will be sparse so it won't be a Warhammer 40k Scenario where all is war. In fact, I want to focus more on the character interactions then anything.

However I will likely be ignoring reviews that regard the Comprehensive Roster since, it's clear that the reader doesn't understand just how much time and effort is going into this story in terms of resources. The Story is drawing from, like 8 different Timelines and working to interweave their histories and lore into one whole timeline. Which is still being edited actually. That said, I have said it once, I have said it a hundred times. I created the Timeline and the Roster so that I won't be accused of Ass Pulls. Like, say, using the Xvg-xxx Vagan Gear or the ZMT-A31S Doggorla both of which are massive Mobile Armors that could potentially change the tide of a battle. Not to mention the ELS being apart of this Humanity.

So as stated. No more will I respond to Reviews involving the Roster. You will just have to live with the fact that, unless someone points out an inconsistancy within the roster, you will go unanswered. I want actual reviews, not a bunch of whiny children complaining about something I put a lot of time and effort into on top of the story itself.

Author's Note: March 30th, 2021

Author's Note: So as some of you might be asking "What the hell did you do to Saren?" well a lot actually. Saren as I've found in Mass Effect stories is a character who just hates humans. This won't be the case here. He has a lot wrong with him due to him being a Specter. He's done a lot and will do a lot more in the future to protect the Council. You know what they say. The path to Hell is paved with Good Intentions.

Chapter 4: The Doors Swing Wide Open

Summary:

In this Chapter we see more of the Quarians, it is however a short chapter compared to others, sorry, just wanted to get this out already.

Chapter Text

Author's Note: 9/24/2021

I want to start by saying how sorry I am for how long this took to put out. Life since I posted my last chapter has been anything but easy. With Covid I have been forced to work nearly non-stop without much rest, the loss of co-workers caused me to be saddled with much more work. In addition to that I had to leave for Washington in June at the start of the month. I had originally intended to post this then, but due to the fact I was moving a lot around the country over the two months I found I could not work on it in any major capacity. I have decided to post what I have so far. I am still working on the rest but I've no idea when I will post that.


0121.09.22

Chentari System  -  Quipla

Abandoned Turian Military Bunker

Quarian Migrant Fleet

Alexia Van Numenberg'Quipla

Alexia could only watch in contemplation as the sensors inside of the bunker as the various Batarian vessels started to leave the system and head out. Passing through the unlawfully opened relay and proceeding into uncharted space. The Quarians had spent the last two weeks working to crack the Batarian coding system on their star ships to infiltrate their communications and listen in on the fleet while it was still in orbit.

Even over the last two months, the Quarians were doing their best to clean and maintain the equipment of the bunker as well as themselves. The bunker itself had been brought back up to modern standards and the work on the weapons and vehicles was progressing smoothly. If the Quarians were to make a break from their current situation and towards one of the docked ships on the ground, they would need military grade weapons.

Six Class 4 Main Battle Tanks had been brought up to code and upgraded with what data that the Quarians had on hand. However when news started coming in that the Batarians had begun moving supplies and troops off world, the Quarians grew both curious and cautious. Alexia himself had ordered the surviving marines in his force to begin preparations to move out and take one of the ships before the Batarians could leave for orbit.

"What are they doing...I want any remaining vessels in this system tapped, their headquarters on the planet as well. Something is going on and I want to know what it is!"

Aggression was starting to mount in the Admiral as he watched one by one, the contacts of Batarian vessels vanish from sight and leave the system. A skeleton crew beginning to form from six corvettes, three cruisers, and a single aging battleship. His own gut intuition said to wait but his experience said to act.

"Sir, the Bane of Pirates, has just entered the Mass Relay."

"Sir, the Hammer of  Khar'shan, has just entered the Mass Relay."

"Sir, the Back Breaker, has just entered the Mass Relay."

The reports continue to come in as Alexia watch the fleet vanish, but a smile forms beneath his mask as he looks towards the nearest Batarian outpost. While he understood the need to wait, he also understood that fortune favors the bold. Time was of the essence and he needed to act or he would loose this chance.

"Prepare a scouting team from the Civilian Population and our own Marines. We are going to hit their slave correctional facility ten clicks from here. If we are going to get out of here, we need to-"

However his command was cut off as the near by Com Relay began beeping and the private at the terminal nearly fell over rushing to answer.

"Yes...Yes...Oh thank the Lords of the Homeworld! Yes, he is right here!"

The young man, dressed in regulation greys of the Quarian Marines, turned towards Alexia with his slightly cracked and fixed visor plating displaying slightly distorted images of happiness through the fractured surface.

"Sir! It's Admiral Rael'Zorah! He's patched through somehow and is on the line for you."

Alexia moved far faster then he had since the crash, ignoring his own aging body, the seventy year old man would grasp hold of the communicator and patch it through and into his suit before the voice of his oldest friend echoed in his ears and brought complete silence to the room.

"Alexia, this is Admiral Rael'Zorah. Damn is it good to hear you and yours are still alive even after all this time. The Fleet gave up hope a few months ago but I sure as hell didn't."

Perhaps it was the situation or perhaps it was the relief to hear from SOMEONE in the Migrant Fleet again, but the reply wasn't as military as it would have been.

"Well I was starting to wonder when the Admiralty would get off their Frakking Arses and start looking for us. Then again they don't have a daughter amongst the crew so this comes as no suprise. You always did put a lot of stock in your own kid."

Turning, Alexia would grab one of the still and silent privates on station and send a private communication to him.

"Go get Tali."

The private would salute before rushing off to get the senior Admiral's Daughter, leaving Alexia to return to the conversation.

"Is Aven there with you or is this official business?"

Of course his answer came with the soft but prideful voice of the woman that was said to be the second Admiral on the same ship as Rael.

"You think I would leave my husband to make an attempt to contact with our old friend and our daughter? You must have hit your head Alexia if you think I would sit this out. Now, how are you doing?"

This actually caused the aging Quarian to slowly ease himself back into his chair and sigh out, hand placed over his visor. So many things to say, as he looked towards the dwindling Batarian fleet, he knew that the time to strike was now, though given that the Batarians were doing something on the other side of the relay.

"There is a lot that has happened these last few months. Right before you called the Batarian Fleet in the system started going through the active relay on the eastern side of the system. The one that was active when they arrived along with us. That is unexplored space and I can only imagine that they are meeting our newest neighbors to the galactic east right now."

This came with a moment of silence from the other end of the Com system before Rael'Zorah spoke with hushed tones.

"They are going to likely use the unlawful opening of the Mass Relay as an excuse to enslave the species that opened it without Council Sanctions. Frak..."

Alexia couldn't have disagreed with that logic, it was after all the same thing that the Turians or Salarians would have done in this situation. They were after all power hungry at times depending on the ones in charge of the fleet. Though that thought was pushed aside as he considered the situation. Thankfully, as with all Turian bases, there was a Tactical map within the center of the large command center where this was all taking place. A projected 3D rendering of the solar system still functional.

"Right now we need to focus on getting out of here before we can worry about any new species being subjected to the "tender" mercies of the Batarians. Right now, out of the two hundred vessels that were in the system, there are only ten vessels in the system-"

"I know already."

This caused Alexia to stop what he was saying as he turned back towards the monitor with confusion. Now that he brought it up, there was no way that they would have been able to connect to this bunker without alerting the Batarians to their position. So how the hell were they accomplishing this communication without the outcome ending with the bunker stormed by Batarian Soldiers and their lobotomized slaves.

"You...wait how? How do you already Know, Rael there is something that isn't adding up. I'm not seeing any movement from the Batarian forces so they don't know where the Bunker is. This implies they haven't picked up this transmission, which is way to peculiar. Rael...what are you using to hide your signal?"

Even as he asked, he motioned for one of his still living Technical Experts to begin tracking the signal. All the while he waited for an answer.

"I ... have had to make sacrifices to find you ... to find Tali ... sacrifices I am not proud of but ones I will make to ensure her safety. I have .. gained a benefactor. Please do not ask me more then that, now isn't the time to reveal my hand just yet. For now, just know that I am coming to bring you all home to the Migrant Fleet. Alive."

This truly must be serious if Rael had stooped so low as to find aid from another rather then rushing to save them. The thought of loosing his only daughter must have raddled the otherwise uncompromising Quarian that he had known for decades. This however did little to explain the situation. Though with their supplies starting to need to be rationed and increasing sickness cropping up due to the aged Turian equipment, they had truly little choice in the matter.

"Fine ... I won't press the issue, but Rael I need a time frame. I am starting to ration what supplies we have and unless I start striking Batarian Slave Processing Centers and Correctional Facilities, I will have to increase said rations. Water is already scarce as it is."

That was an understatement however. The water situation had proved difficult to begin with and now that they had to deal with dwindling supplies, they were looking towards less positive alternatives. Distilled and filtered urination or even blood, offered via donor volunteers. His mind however was drawn back to the conversation when Rael spoke again.

"I know what I am about to say may seem counter productive to my last statement but I would suggest using this absence of Batarian Forces to raid those facilities for both supplies and slaves. The additional aid you can provide for them as well as the additional muscle would go a long way to ensuring your survival until I can arrive. You can't be passive Alexia. Show the Batarians we won't cower in holes."

What was being asked was right in line with what he was planning to do originally, but to think his superior in the Admiralty Board would actually order the same thing. It was a surreal experience but one he welcomed. Yes, his old blood boiled, for to long he had let his passiveness go unquestioned by the need for duty and the need to display what made Quarians powerful and feared.

So as he turned towards his fellows in the room, he held aloft his hand and nodded, a silent command.

"We will begin Operation Break Out as outlined in last night's mission briefing. I understand many of your concerns but we need supplies and we need them NOW! I want those mainline battle tanks up and operational within the next week. They will be our hammer in this engagement against the Batarians and our Armor to ensure our boys and girls are safe. So hop to it Marines!"

The Orders were beginning to be relayed across the bunker as the Admiral turned towards the Com Center and began to relay his next set of orders and instructions.

"I know this isn't easy for you Alexia but I need you to prepare yourselves for when I arrive in a month's time. My allies are gathering their forces rapidly but as it stands, you need to hold out another month's time. I will however stay on the line till my daughter arrives and I can talk with her."

Alexia nodded his head before he turned his attention away from the now and started to focus more on the future. Even as the Admiral began to forward much needed information and the current situation outside of their small bunker. In return, Alexia sent back what his probes and forayseys into the Batarian systems had accomplished. The current troop numbers on the planet, dozens of after action reports by the Batarian commanders following successful raids into Council Space, and footage gained from hacked systems in the uncharted sector. The two Quarians watched from hull mounted cameras as the Batarian naval forces hovered over the small blue planet. Dozens of them. Destroyed vessels of unknown make floated in the gravitational pull or were stuck via tractor beams in the gutted underbellies of aging ships. These vessels converted from combat vessels into salvage and repair vessels in the last few months.

"As you can see the Batarians started seizing this world over two month ago but besides the initial clash they have been merely testing the waters. Not truly putting forth effort into capturing the cities below."

Even as Alexie pointed out, one of the frigates would break formation and begin to sink into the gravity of the planet itself. Though the Quarians had been making strides in pushing their way into the computer systems of their oppressors that put them on this planet, they had to remain subtle. Lest they give away their location in hiding. Though they otherwise watched in some silence, as transport ships moved from orbit or the planet, likely ferrying slaves and pilfered goods back to the fleet, surprise swept both sides watching the exchange as nuclear fire lit up the planet near where the frigate entered the atmosphere. The Batarian Coms going haywire at the loss of one of their starships in orbit. Alexie had to give it to these new arrivals. They had teeth at the least.

Though as they watched, a blip on the sensors on the outermost fringes of their sensors would draw the Quarian's attention in the form of a great sphere of silverfish energy which erupted from the edge of the system. The camera sadly could barely get more than a grainy feed when the sphere winked out of existence.

"Bring up something in that area Alexie. My…compatriots are making their way into the system you have entered but they are reporting limited sensor readings in the general direction of that sphere."

Alexie would be lying if he wasn't as curious as his life long friend. So with these unknown benefactors of the Admiral continuing their work, he turned towards one of the young former engineers of his ship. A Genda* or first served on a Quarian Ship.

"Genda Von'nal Numenberg, see if you can't dig a bit deeper and get a hold of the Batarian sensors. See what the long range cameras can send back while you are at it."

The first item to come back was the images from the cameras on the bow of the ship came back relatively grainy, but they could make out someone resembling the vague outline of an asaranoid* figure though given the distance and the location it was without a doubt Artificial. So while Von'nal worked to enhance the images or otherwise break into the Batarian sensors, the few grainy images were being analyzed. It would take but a few minutes before Rael'Zorah came back.

"My contacts are finished analyzing the images the long range cameras took and I can't make heads or tails of what I'm looking at. You've been in that system and the Batarian systems long enough Alexia. What in the 76 Hells* Am I looking at?"

Alexie would feel his stomach drop down as a more refined image met his eyes. It was one of the asaranoid machines that the new species seemed to utilize in space based on the images sent back to the Batarian during their first contact but this one was different. The dimensions were all wrong. It was titanic compared to what one would suspect.

Something or someone had arrived, who's actions would ring across the stars in the coming years.

0121.10.15

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid

10th Evacuation Shelter

Auttobenid Militia

Neo-Mobile Doll Abigail Williams

Abigail Williams was still beside herself as the shotgun in her hands kicked with a meaty thud. The pellets tearing into the chest of one of the traitors. Her eyes still awash with mechanical rage and purple in coloration. One of the Blue Cosmos Fanatics had stepped back just barely missing a bark of her tactical shotgun before he raised a pistol and aimed it at her. Though his smirk as she calculated the odds of dodging a point blank shot from what appeared to be military issued service pistol. Though his smirk turned to confusion as he looked down at the hand as it seemed to not pull the trigger his eyes falling to his wrist and then to an older man beside the two, his right hand clutching a hefty blade of some age which appeared to be very much gory.

Blood continued to erupt from the stump at his elbow where the upper half of his arm hung limply. The hand itself swayed below and from side to side, still clutching the weapon. The man grabs hold of the torn limb before he collapses down onto his knees. Tears streaming from his eyes enough that he doesn't see the blade as it's buried into his eye and out the back of his skull.

Body still twitching as the foot long kitchen knife is tugged from the skull of the man, a Coordinator woman, blond of hair and grey of eyes, clutching the weapon with fear filled eyes. Likely, as Abigail watched her break down into tears, the woman had never taken a life before, and only now acted in self defense. Not that the combat Ai currently suppressing her own programming would have even noticed.

The small combat model, hidden as a simple civilian model, merely turned cold and dead eyes onto the brewing chaos still going on.

"Fatality percentage. Ten percent. Unacceptable parameters. Activation of Type 23 Nanites confirmed."

Abigail would drop into a three limb crouch, legs splayed behind her with one hand pressed palm down to the ground. From a section of her neck, the "skin" peeled back as a few long metal tubes would extend as blood pooled down from both sides of her waist and down her hips. The forming of tentacles of some mass finished forming even as she tossed the now empty shotgun into the air. The metal tentacles pierced it in two locations and worked to rapidly deconstruct and integrate its components.

"Wha-what are you…"

The coordinator was looking at her, confusion and fear as her traumatized eyes looked between her torn open back and the rapidly vanishing firearm. The Neo Mobile Doll would meet her eye even as the mechanical tendrils finished. All around, those of Blue Cosmos backed away and formed at the entrance. They had taken a few losses but overall their actual attack had been a relative success. There were quite a few wounded New Types, Cyber New Types, Innovators, and Coordinators that had taken a bullet or otherwise been gunned down in the short few minutes of the slaughter.

"Termination of any and all hostile parameters set."

The Neo-Mobile Doll would start to walk now, weapons integrated and internal production facilities working in tandem with one another to produce ammunition in preparation for another confrontation, when the soulless killing machine received an incoming signal. The Battle Droid stopped as its head snapped up and looked towards the ceiling, before a smile slowly spread across its face. That smile caused the faux skin and muscle of the machine to creak as it was pulled much too far. Then it dropped into a squat as a photon axe swung and dug itself into the bulkhead of the door.

Another member of Blue Cosmos, decked in Militia Armor, sporting the six foot utility axe, which was in itself a long piece of metal, with a bright blue glowing axe head on one side and a hammer on the other. Normally meant for fire fighters to help in entering buildings, this one had become repurposed for murder given the sizzling of blood on the axe head and the dead body of a Coordinator that had fallen to it. 'Abigail' would snap its hand out to grasp the head of the attempted killer before, and with little fanfare, tearing off the head of the would-be killer. Blood splashing across the side of her face as she grasped the handle of the modified fire axe and tore it from the bulkhead.

"Weapon Acquired. Extermina-Extermination of Hostiles Beginning."

That blasted signal. The AI currently puppeting the body had found that the original consciousness programming was trying to reassert itself into dominance once more over the fact that the signature in the system was matching to a mobile armor and IFF of a certain individual inevitably linked to both their programming. Then the construct was forced to duck as another axe head buried itself into the bulkhead again. Blue Cosmos was never the smartest group out there and it showed. Most appeared to be drawn from the less intelligent groups while their leaders were always generally of the aristocracy in some fashion. The missed attack was punished by the axe the construct had taken and used it to drive the head into the throat with a clean swipe. Now walking forward as the corpse collapsed to the ground.

0121.10.15

Entrota System - Fallback Point Gama

Shanxi - Relief Fleet

High Lord Commander Ofærr Stjarnagram

Ofærr was in a good state of mind when he felt the jostling of The Concordia exit Quartex Space and the lights around the ship stopped fluctuating. Always a side effect of exiting Quartex Space he absentmindedly noticed. Yet as the half a kilometer length vessel realigned itself with the rest of the Relief Fleet, his implant within his eye would chime, drawing his attention towards an incoming message. One which caused him to freeze mid conversation.

"Yog-Sathoth Programing Initiated"

He barely said a word as he broke from his conversation and started towards the hanger at a rapid pace. While he was the High Lord Commander, he did enjoy some amount of freedom in his actions, originally he had been sent to direct and command the forces used to reclaim the Shanxi System but all that went out the window when those words appeared in his line of sight. This meant that the civilian shelters had been breached.

With that in mind, he had decided on the next step of their operations for the fleet. It would seem that they could no longer gather more forces from the various fleets that humanity had been able to build since leaving the Sol System. Yet with the new information that time table had otherwise spun up. Even as Marines and Crew Members rapidly moved out of the way, he paid them little mind, having shoved himself out of his dress uniform and opted instead to go shirtless as he entered the hanger proper.

Ofærr stood well over most sets of heads, given his height, it was easy to spot the man, riddled with scars and with both a head and beard of full hair. Speculation had it that the only man to actually exceed him in such was none other than Charles zi Britannia of the Britannian Empire in the Nev'la Sector, two hundred lightyears above the Sol System. The two had only met briefly, but had nearly come to blows over the leadership direction of the United Earth Alliance.

Ofærr's one working eye shifted to the Mobile Suit on the far wall. While the rest were either the Zeon RMS-106 Hizacks and AMX-104 R-Jarja in this hanger, his Mobile Armor stood out. Based on the schematics of the MRX-010 Psycho Gundam Mk-II, the robust Mobile Suit was draped in a Anti-Beam Cloak resembling some great beast's hide, draped across the back, shoulders, and arms as well. Hiding said arms. The head was adorned with a pair of sweeping golden horns branching off to either side.

An axe was held across the back, a sweeping axe head glinting in the light of the bay, ready to be empowered by one of the hands. Both the axe's head and the handle were covered in religious and ceremonial iconography as well. Across the right arm, strapped in place, was a massive tower-like shield which sloped around both sides of the arm rather than remain semi- flat. Spikes jutted off the front, and sides of the shield itself, the corner ones being the longest, only surpassed by the jutting spike at the center of the four sides.

Upon the shoulders and head of this massive Mobile Suit, already far beyond what one would consider normal, lay three serpentine-like heads resting upon the head and shoulders. Massive mouths which were currently closed. Their serpentine necks sliding behind the heavy fur like cloak covering the body. Spines jutted from the necks as well, with three sets of visors along the sides of the heads, mimicking what one would see as being eyes. The only other piece of important equipment being a long blade attached at the hip, as well made of Gundanium Alloy.

The moment however he entered the Hanger, the rightmost head lifted off the shoulder, much to the confusion and slight terror of engineers running diagnostics on the other mobile suits in the bay. Though Ofærr paid them no mind as he jumps out and floats towards his machine. Already he can feel the buzzing of his com piece as he feels his feet collide with the gundanium hull of the 881-413Ka Slátr as the Mobile Suit came alive from his mere touch. His finger reached up to press against his ear piece.

"Yes?"

It would crackle for a few seconds before the young voice of none other than Reinhard von Lohengramm who had been there at the start of this mess. Commissioned and promoted due to his personal experience in siege warfare and his experience fighting these aliens. He had Rendezvoused with them halfway to the fleet to transfer to his new ship in the relief fleet, the 3 kilometer vessel was one of six others meant to break the overall hold the enemy had established over the planet.

"My Lord, my engineers reported that you have entered the hanger and are currently preparing your mobile suit for launching operations. Might I ask why? The relief fleet flag ship is not due to arrive for three more days and you were to be transferred there when it did."

However Ofærr had already entered into the cockpit and was activating the dormant systems. Already the RAGNAROK System was feeding into his aged mind information about potential enemies. Tapping into other mobile suits and even local ships as the fleet of twenty vessels clustered around the Quiltra-Queleual-class Assault Dreadnaught.

"Situation has changed. Reports of civilian evacuation centers being breached have just reached me. As of this moment, we no longer have the luxury of waiting. I am taking control of all vessels in this system. Reinhard. As a Lord Commander I officially promote you to the rank of Lord Admiral of this offensive. We are going ahead of the fleet."

Even now as his mobile shot fully came online, he heard the klaxons sounding across the bay. Pilots rushing out of the hanger to begin getting suited up. He could never stand those accursed things. After making sure his mobile suit was online he would exit the it's cockpit and begin heading towards one of the many dressing stations.

"All hands. All hands. Man your battle stations. I repeat. All hands man your battle stations. This is not a drill. Prepare for Quartex Jump."

Though it seemed Reinhard had more to say.

"I will follow this order but High Lord. Is this the wisest course of action? Surely the breaches are temporary and will be repelled."

Even Ofærr hoped that this was the case. Yet something told him in his gut it wasn't. Floating through zero gravity towards one of the locker rooms, the unisex pilot changing rooms. He wouldn't bother with his official pilot uniform for this. Didn't believe these aliens deserved such an honor. No. He stepped into the room, surrounded by the youth of humanity, all the sects of it. A young woman half way through dressing spotting the graying giant of a man and stood at attention.

"Commander on Deck!"

All stopped to salute, though so had to make mental notes to hit their fellow pilots for leering. Even still. Ofærr paid it no mind. The young being young after all.

"At ease."

The young men and women, the newest generation of pilots, returned to dressing. Even as he stepped up to his own spare locker. Reaching inside, he pulled out his own pilot suit as he turned towards the youth of this era and their eagerness to get into combat. They were disciplined well enough, the Core had strengthened them, and several were Nobility, so they had been placed into leadership roles to ensure they would live up to the roles their parents held.

"Sir...why are we jumping?"

Ah, he was wondering when someone would ask. Even as he stepped into the pilot suit, he turned towards them. Theirs were rather reminiscent of the old Zeon Uniforms, much more designs imbedded into the actual suit despite it being for space combat. He was no different. Medals pinned on bodies despite the fact no one would see them, unless before the fighting, or in a body bag. He sighed as he slid an arm into one of the sleeves.

"The Shelters have been breached. This Alien Filth has started to attack our civilians. So we are jumping. We will be the first in, to strike a decisive blow against them."

Ofærr watched, a mixture of emotions spread across the faces of each of them before him. Some showed acute anger, others fear, some still had that natural blood lust that seemed to permeate certain family lines like those connected to the Atlantic Federation's Extended Human Program*. Though he didn't wait to hear their responses, already clad in his pilot suit, Ofærr had already departed the room and went back into the hallway. Even as he felt the ship jump into Quartex Space. The Intercom chiming as their Captain once again addressed the entire ship.

"All Hands, proceed to your Mobile Suits, Fighters, and Mobile Armors. We will be reaching the Shanxi System in One Hour. There all current ships will act as the vanguard for the Relief Force. Civilian Bunkers have been breached, the Aliens are doing who knows what to your loved ones. As soon as we drop out of  Quartex Space  you are to engage and move to blunt their continued invasion of Shanxi. Lord Commander Ofærr will be personally leading this counter invasion. May the Numberless Gods of Earth and the Colonies Religions protect them till we can arrive."

Ofærr himself had returned to the 881-413Ka Slátr as the Mobile Suit, seemingly acting on its own, flexed its hands. There was always a kind of soul to this machine, Ofærr had noticed since having it specifically built following joining the Three Nations Alliance* two years before the Final War between the Earth based Nations and those in the various colonies in space. As he watches, arms crossed, the other Mobile Suits in the hangar, which number some thirty, are manned and they await their first taste in combat.


Please Like, Favor, Subscribe, and leave a Review! I love to answer those when the chance arises.


Author's Note:

5/5/2021

Another chapter has come to an end and I so do look forward to your own feed back as a result.

6/10/2021

Sorry for the long wait between this release and the last one in May. Currently as I am finally getting to sit down and write this, I have taken a hiatus from work for the next two months to focus on me, myself, and I. I will be traveling to Washington in the next week, driving up there actually.

08/31/2021

After chewing over some things I've decided to change the name of humanity's primary FTL system to that of Quartex Space which is a halfway point between FTL and Hyperdrive Systems. A sweet middle ground for system to system transit between locations.

09/02/2021

The following is the specs on the Mobile Suit that the Lord Commander of Humanity utilizes in this chapter. The "HYDRA" system is based on the Funnel system but without the need for independent striking. Each "Wulf" head attached to the base of the "spine" of the Mobile Suit can target and act independently of Ofaerr as he fights. Each sporting its own Neo-Mobile Dolls. Named after the 3 Greek Furies themselves. Due to the help of Operation Meteor and the significant leadership role, the "RAGNAROK" System has been implemented into the 881-413Ka Slátr as its own answer to the ZERO System. Depending on the situation and what is required. It will shift modes to help compensate and aid Ofærr in its full capacity. "ODIN" Mode being geared towards the overall broader spectrum of warfare, befitting his title of King of Kings. It matches in its operational capabilities of the "ZERO" System. However the "THOR" Mode is more geared towards singular combat in the event Ofærr is facing another opponent.

881-413Ka Slátr

⦁ Pilot

⦁ Ofærr Stjarnagrarm

⦁ Overall Height: 18.3 Meters

⦁ Base Weight: 67.2 Tons

⦁ Full Weight: 105.0 Tons

⦁ Power Source: Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor

⦁ Weapon Systems

⦁ Gundanium Beam Axe "Fenrir's Bite"

⦁ Gundamium Shield "The Hallowed Ground"

⦁ Gundanium Sword "Hel's Splitter"

⦁ Type 25 Beam Pistol

⦁ Type 15 Beam Saber

⦁ "Wulf Guard" Mega Beam Cannon (Allecto)

⦁ "Wulf Guard" Railgun Cannon (Tisiphone)

⦁ "Wulf Guard" Neutreno Cannon (Megaera)

⦁ Equipment Systems

⦁ Neutron Jammer Canceller

⦁ "RAGNAROK" System

⦁ "HYDRA" System

⦁ Anti-Beam Cloak


Information Added since the Last Chapter.

Troop, Mobile Suit, and Vehicle Transports:

Wet Ships:

Fighters:

Ground Vehicles:

Heavy Vehicle/Land Ships:

Mobile Suits:

Special Units:

Gundams:

881-413Ka Slátr

Mobile Armors:

Space Ships of the Line:

Space Stations:


Important Information

Genda: Equivalent to a Private in the Quarian Navy.

76 Hells: The Quarian had a rather interesting take on religion before their exile. Mainly that certain actions could cause them to suffer in one of Seventy Six separate levels of hell. Though there is much contradiction on which levels of their damnation were dedicated to what actions. In the years leading up to the Geth Rebellion and subsequent exiling of the Quarian Species, or most of them at least, the Geth had taken to analyzing the Sacred Texts and constantly brought up the fact that there were inconsistencies between the different religious sects of the Quarian People. This had actually led to those with higher Religious Views to openly call for the dismantling of the Geth.

Extended Human Program: An Extended Human was a term given to the Human subjects of the Earth Alliance's (Atlantic Federation & Eurasian Federation) top secret research and development initiative colloquially called Project: SUPERIOR. The aim and object of the project was to create individual mobile suit pilots who were able to perform on the same level as the Coordinators, New Types, and Innovators without the use of genetic manipulation, thus they were still able to be called a "pure" human. The EA hoped that the Extended would be Anti-Coordinators and effective soldiers of war as they were given multiple genetic enhancements, bodily modifications and augmentations, as well as severe mental and physical conditioning in order to counteract their enemies. Generally speaking, these children were turned into blood thirsty killers willing to kill their own as Coordinators, New Types, and Innovators.

Three Nations Alliance: The Three Nations Alliance was a joint Fleet created from elements of Zaft, Zeon, The Colonies, The Atlantic Federation, the Earth Federation, and the Earth Alliance. Forces that opposed both sides of the Earth vs Spaceanoids conflicts and to fight the real adversaries of Humanity.

Chapter 5: The Door Swings Wide Open pt 2

Chapter Text

Author's Note: 01/22/2022

I want to start by saying how sorry I am for how long this took to put out. Life since I posted my last chapter has been anything but easy. With Covid I have been forced to work nearly non-stop without much rest, the loss of co-workers caused me to be saddled with much more work. In addition to that I had to leave for Washington in June at the start of the month. I had originally intended to post this then, but due to the fact I was moving a lot around the country over the two months I found I could not work on it in any major capacity. I have decided to post what I have so far. I am still working on the rest but I've no idea when I will post that.


0121.09.22

Chentari System  -  Quipla

Abandoned Turian Military Bunker

Quarian Migrant Fleet

Alexia Van Numenberg'Quipla

Alexia could only watch in contemplation as the sensors inside of the bunker as the various Batarian vessels started to leave the system and head out. Passing through the unlawfully opened relay and proceeding into uncharted space. The Quarians had spent the last two weeks working to crack the Batarian coding system on their star ships to infiltrate their communications and listen in on the fleet while it was still in orbit.

Even over the last two months, the Quarians were doing their best to clean and maintain the equipment of the bunker as well as themselves. The bunker itself had been brought back up to modern standards and the work on the weapons and vehicles was progressing smoothly. If the Quarians were to make a break from their current situation and towards one of the docked ships on the ground, they would need military grade weapons.

Six Class 4 Main Battle Tanks had been brought up to code and upgraded with what data that the Quarians had on hand. However when news started coming in that the Batarians had begun moving supplies and troops off world, the Quarians grew both curious and cautious. Alexia himself had ordered the surviving marines in his force to begin preparations to move out and take one of the ships before the Batarians could leave for orbit.

"What are they doing...I want any remaining vessels in this system tapped, their headquarters on the planet as well. Something is going on and I want to know what it is!"

Aggression was starting to mount in the Admiral as he watched one by one, the contacts of Batarian vessels vanish from sight and leave the system. A skeleton crew beginning to form from six corvettes, three cruisers, and a single aging battleship. His own gut intuition said to wait but his experience said to act.

"Sir, the Bane of Pirates, has just entered the Mass Relay."

"Sir, the Hammer of  Khar'shan, has just entered the Mass Relay."

"Sir, the Back Breaker, has just entered the Mass Relay."

The reports continue to come in as Alexia watch the fleet vanish, but a smile forms beneath his mask as he looks towards the nearest Batarian outpost. While he understood the need to wait, he also understood that fortune favors the bold. Time was of the essence and he needed to act or he would loose this chance.

"Prepare a scouting team from the Civilian Population and our own Marines. We are going to hit their slave correctional facility ten clicks from here. If we are going to get out of here, we need to-"

However his command was cut off as the near by Com Relay began beeping and the private at the terminal nearly fell over rushing to answer.

"Yes...Yes...Oh thank the Lords of the Homeworld! Yes, he is right here!"

The young man, dressed in regulation greys of the Quarian Marines, turned towards Alexia with his slightly cracked and fixed visor plating displaying slightly distorted images of happiness through the fractured surface.

"Sir! It's Admiral Rael'Zorah! He's patched through somehow and is on the line for you."

Alexia moved far faster then he had since the crash, ignoring his own aging body, the seventy year old man would grasp hold of the communicator and patch it through and into his suit before the voice of his oldest friend echoed in his ears and brought complete silence to the room.

"Alexia, this is Admiral Rael'Zorah. Damn is it good to hear you and yours are still alive even after all this time. The Fleet gave up hope a few months ago but I sure as hell didn't."

Perhaps it was the situation or perhaps it was the relief to hear from SOMEONE in the Migrant Fleet again, but the reply wasn't as military as it would have been.

"Well I was starting to wonder when the Admiralty would get off their Frakking Arses and start looking for us. Then again they don't have a daughter amongst the crew so this comes as no suprise. You always did put a lot of stock in your own kid."

Turning, Alexia would grab one of the still and silent privates on station and send a private communication to him.

"Go get Tali."

The private would salute before rushing off to get the senior Admiral's Daughter, leaving Alexia to return to the conversation.

"Is Aven there with you or is this official business?"

Of course his answer came with the soft but prideful voice of the woman that was said to be the second Admiral on the same ship as Rael.

"You think I would leave my husband to make an attempt to contact with our old friend and our daughter? You must have hit your head Alexia if you think I would sit this out. Now, how are you doing?"

This actually caused the aging Quarian to slowly ease himself back into his chair and sigh out, hand placed over his visor. So many things to say, as he looked towards the dwindling Batarian fleet, he knew that the time to strike was now, though given that the Batarians were doing something on the other side of the relay.

"There is a lot that has happened these last few months. Right before you called the Batarian Fleet in the system started going through the active relay on the eastern side of the system. The one that was active when they arrived along with us. That is unexplored space and I can only imagine that they are meeting our newest neighbors to the galactic east right now."

This came with a moment of silence from the other end of the Com system before Rael'Zorah spoke with hushed tones.

"They are going to likely use the unlawful opening of the Mass Relay as an excuse to enslave the species that opened it without Council Sanctions. Frak..."

Alexia couldn't have disagreed with that logic, it was after all the same thing that the Turians or Salarians would have done in this situation. They were after all power hungry at times depending on the ones in charge of the fleet. Though that thought was pushed aside as he considered the situation. Thankfully, as with all Turian bases, there was a Tactical map within the center of the large command center where this was all taking place. A projected 3D rendering of the solar system still functional.

"Right now we need to focus on getting out of here before we can worry about any new species being subjected to the "tender" mercies of the Batarians. Right now, out of the two hundred vessels that were in the system, there are only ten vessels in the system-"

"I know already."

This caused Alexia to stop what he was saying as he turned back towards the monitor with confusion. Now that he brought it up, there was no way that they would have been able to connect to this bunker without alerting the Batarians to their position. So how the hell were they accomplishing this communication without the outcome ending with the bunker stormed by Batarian Soldiers and their lobotomized slaves.

"You...wait how? How do you already Know, Rael there is something that isn't adding up. I'm not seeing any movement from the Batarian forces so they don't know where the Bunker is. This implies they haven't picked up this transmission, which is way to peculiar. Rael...what are you using to hide your signal?"

Even as he asked, he motioned for one of his still living Technical Experts to begin tracking the signal. All the while he waited for an answer.

"I ... have had to make sacrifices to find you ... to find Tali ... sacrifices I am not proud of but ones I will make to ensure her safety. I have .. gained a benefactor. Please do not ask me more then that, now isn't the time to reveal my hand just yet. For now, just know that I am coming to bring you all home to the Migrant Fleet. Alive."

This truly must be serious if Rael had stooped so low as to find aid from another rather then rushing to save them. The thought of loosing his only daughter must have raddled the otherwise uncompromising Quarian that he had known for decades. This however did little to explain the situation. Though with their supplies starting to need to be rationed and increasing sickness cropping up due to the aged Turian equipment, they had truly little choice in the matter.

"Fine ... I won't press the issue, but Rael I need a time frame. I am starting to ration what supplies we have and unless I start striking Batarian Slave Processing Centers and Correctional Facilities, I will have to increase said rations. Water is already scarce as it is."

That was an understatement however. The water situation had proved difficult to begin with and now that they had to deal with dwindling supplies, they were looking towards less positive alternatives. Distilled and filtered urination or even blood, offered via donor volunteers. His mind however was drawn back to the conversation when Rael spoke again.

"I know what I am about to say may seem counter productive to my last statement but I would suggest using this absence of Batarian Forces to raid those facilities for both supplies and slaves. The additional aid you can provide for them as well as the additional muscle would go a long way to ensuring your survival until I can arrive. You can't be passive Alexia. Show the Batarians we won't cower in holes."

What was being asked was right in line with what he was planning to do originally, but to think his superior in the Admiralty Board would actually order the same thing. It was a surreal experience but one he welcomed. Yes, his old blood boiled, for to long he had let his passiveness go unquestioned by the need for duty and the need to display what made Quarians powerful and feared.

So as he turned towards his fellows in the room, he held aloft his hand and nodded, a silent command.

"We will begin Operation Break Out as outlined in last night's mission briefing. I understand many of your concerns but we need supplies and we need them NOW! I want those mainline battle tanks up and operational within the next week. They will be our hammer in this engagement against the Batarians and our Armor to ensure our boys and girls are safe. So hop to it Marines!"

The Orders were beginning to be relayed across the bunker as the Admiral turned towards the Com Center and began to relay his next set of orders and instructions.

"I know this isn't easy for you Alexia but I need you to prepare yourselves for when I arrive in a month's time. My allies are gathering their forces rapidly but as it stands, you need to hold out another month's time. I will however stay on the line till my daughter arrives and I can talk with her."

Alexia nodded his head before he turned his attention away from the now and started to focus more on the future. Even as the Admiral began to forward much needed information and the current situation outside of their small bunker. In return, Alexia sent back what his probes and forayseys into the Batarian systems had accomplished. The current troop numbers on the planet, dozens of after action reports by the Batarian commanders following successful raids into Council Space, and footage gained from hacked systems in the uncharted sector. The two Quarians watched from hull mounted cameras as the Batarian naval forces hovered over the small blue planet. Dozens of them. Destroyed vessels of unknown make floated in the gravitational pull or were stuck via tractor beams in the gutted underbellies of aging ships. These vessels converted from combat vessels into salvage and repair vessels in the last few months.

"As you can see the Batarians started seizing this world over two month ago but besides the initial clash they have been merely testing the waters. Not truly putting forth effort into capturing the cities below."

Even as Alexie pointed out, one of the frigates would break formation and begin to sink into the gravity of the planet itself. Though the Quarians had been making strides in pushing their way into the computer systems of their oppressors that put them on this planet, they had to remain subtle. Lest they give away their location in hiding. Though they otherwise watched in some silence, as transport ships moved from orbit or the planet, likely ferrying slaves and pilfered goods back to the fleet, surprise swept both sides watching the exchange as nuclear fire lit up the planet near where the frigate entered the atmosphere. The Batarian Coms going haywire at the loss of one of their starships in orbit. Alexie had to give it to these new arrivals. They had teeth at the least.

Though as they watched, a blip on the sensors on the outermost fringes of their sensors would draw the Quarian's attention in the form of a great sphere of silverfish energy which erupted from the edge of the system. The camera sadly could barely get more than a grainy feed when the sphere winked out of existence.

"Bring up something in that area Alexie. My…compatriots are making their way into the system you have entered but they are reporting limited sensor readings in the general direction of that sphere."

Alexie would be lying if he wasn't as curious as his life long friend. So with these unknown benefactors of the Admiral continuing their work, he turned towards one of the young former engineers of his ship. A Genda* or first served on a Quarian Ship.

"Genda Von'nal Numenberg, see if you can't dig a bit deeper and get a hold of the Batarian sensors. See what the long range cameras can send back while you are at it."

The first item to come back was the images from the cameras on the bow of the ship came back relatively grainy, but they could make out someone resembling the vague outline of an asaranoid* figure though given the distance and the location it was without a doubt Artificial. So while Von'nal worked to enhance the images or otherwise break into the Batarian sensors, the few grainy images were being analyzed. It would take but a few minutes before Rael'Zorah came back.

"My contacts are finished analyzing the images the long range cameras took and I can't make heads or tails of what I'm looking at. You've been in that system and the Batarian systems long enough Alexia. What in the 76 Hells* Am I looking at?"

Alexie would feel his stomach drop down as a more refined image met his eyes. It was one of the asaranoid machines that the new species seemed to utilize in space based on the images sent back to the Batarian during their first contact but this one was different. The dimensions were all wrong. It was titanic compared to what one would suspect.

Something or someone had arrived, who's actions would ring across the stars in the coming years.


0121.10.14

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid

10th Evacuation Shelter

Auttobenid Militia

Neo-Mobile Doll Abigail Williams

Abigail Williams was still beside herself as the shotgun in her hands kicked with a meaty thud. The pellets tearing into the chest of one of the traitors. Her eyes still awash with mechanical rage and purple in coloration. One of the Blue Cosmos Fanatics had stepped back just barely missing a bark of her tactical shotgun before he raised a pistol and aimed it at her. Though his smirk as she calculated the odds of dodging a point-blank shot from what appeared to be military issued service pistol. Though his smirk turned to confusion as he looked down at the hand as it seemed to not pull the trigger his eyes falling to his wrist and then to an older man beside the two, his right hand clutching a hefty blade of some age which appeared to be very much gory.

Blood continued to erupt from the stump at his elbow where the upper half of his arm hung limply. The hand itself swayed below and from side to side, still clutching the weapon. The man grabs hold of the torn limb before he collapses down onto his knees. Tears streaming from his eyes enough that he doesn't see the blade as it's buried into his eye and out the back of his skull.

Body still twitching as the foot long kitchen knife is tugged from the skull of the man, a Coordinator woman, blond of hair and grey of eyes, clutching the weapon with fear filled eyes. Likely, as Abigail watched her break down into tears, the woman had never taken a life before, and only now acted in self defense. Not that the combat Ai currently suppressing her own programming would have even noticed.

The small combat model, hidden as a simple civilian model, merely turned cold and dead eyes onto the brewing chaos still going on.

"Fatality percentage. Ten percent. Unacceptable parameters. Activation of Type 23 Nanites confirmed."

Abigail would drop into a three limb crouch, legs splayed behind her with one hand pressed palm down to the ground. From a section of her neck, the "skin" peeled back as a few long metal tubes would extend as blood pooled down from both sides of her waist and down her hips. The forming of tentacles of some mass finished forming even as she tossed the now empty shotgun into the air. The metal tentacles pierced it in two locations and worked to rapidly deconstruct and integrate its components.

"Wha-what are you…"

The coordinator was looking at her, confusion and fear as her traumatized eyes looked between her torn open back and the rapidly vanishing firearm. The Neo Mobile Doll would meet her eye even as the mechanical tendrils finished. All around, those of Blue Cosmos backed away and formed at the entrance. They had taken a few losses but overall their actual attack had been a relative success. There were quite a few wounded New Types, Cyber New Types, Innovators, and Coordinators that had taken a bullet or otherwise been gunned down in the short few minutes of the slaughter.

"Termination of any and all hostile parameters set."

The Neo-Mobile Doll would start to walk now, weapons integrated and internal production facilities working in tandem with one another to produce ammunition in preparation for another confrontation, when the soulless killing machine received an incoming signal. The Battle Droid stopped as its head snapped up and looked towards the ceiling, before a smile slowly spread across its face. That smile caused the faux skin and muscle of the machine to creak as it was pulled much too far. Then it dropped into a squat as a photon axe swung and dug itself into the bulkhead of the door.

Another member of Blue Cosmos, decked in Militia Armor, sporting the six foot utility axe, which was in itself a long piece of metal, with a bright blue glowing axe head on one side and a hammer on the other. Normally meant for fire fighters to help in entering buildings, this one had become repurposed for murder given the sizzling of blood on the axe head and the dead body of a Coordinator that had fallen to it. 'Abigail' would snap its hand out to grasp the head of the attempted killer before, and with little fanfare, tearing off the head of the would-be killer. Blood splashing across the side of her face as she grasped the handle of the modified fire axe and tore it from the bulkhead.

"Weapon Acquired. Extermina-Extermination of Hostiles Beginning."

That blasted signal. The AI currently puppeting the body had found that the original consciousness programming was trying to reassert itself into dominance once more over the fact that the signature in the system was matching to a mobile armor and IFF of a certain individual inevitably linked to both their programming. Then the construct was forced to duck as another axe head buried itself into the bulkhead again. Blue Cosmos was never the smartest group out there and it showed. Most appeared to be drawn from the less intelligent groups while their leaders were always generally of the aristocracy in some fashion. The missed attack was punished by the axe the construct had taken and used it to drive the head into the throat with a clean swipe. Now walking forward as the corpse collapsed to the ground.


0121.10.14

Entrota System - Fallback Point Gama

Shanxi - Relief Fleet

High Lord Commander Ofærr Stjarnagram

Ofærr was in a good state of mind when he felt the jostling of The Concordia exit Quartex Space and the lights around the ship stopped fluctuating. Always a side effect of exiting Quartex Space he absentmindedly noticed. Yet as the half a kilometer length vessel realigned itself with the rest of the Relief Fleet, his implant within his eye would chime, drawing his attention towards an incoming message. One which caused him to freeze mid conversation.

"Yog-Sathoth Programing Initiated"

He barely said a word as he broke from his conversation and started towards the hanger at a rapid pace. While he was the High Lord Commander, he did enjoy some amount of freedom in his actions, originally he had been sent to direct and command the forces used to reclaim the Shanxi System but all that went out the window when those words appeared in his line of sight. This meant that the civilian shelters had been breached.

With that in mind, he had decided on the next step of their operations for the fleet. It would seem that they could no longer gather more forces from the various fleets that humanity had been able to build since leaving the Sol System. Yet with the new information that time table had otherwise spun up. Even as Marines and Crew Members rapidly moved out of the way, he paid them little mind, having shoved himself out of his dress uniform and opted instead to go shirtless as he entered the hanger proper.

Ofærr stood well over most sets of heads, given his height, it was easy to spot the man, riddled with scars and with both a head and beard of full hair. Speculation had it that the only man to actually exceed him in such was none other than Charles zi Britannia of the Britannian Empire in the Nev'la Sector, two hundred lightyears above the Sol System. The two had only met briefly, but had nearly come to blows over the leadership direction of the United Earth Alliance.

Ofærr's one working eye shifted to the Mobile Suit on the far wall. While the rest were either the Zeon RMS-106 Hizacks and AMX-104 R-Jarja in this hanger, his Mobile Suit stood out. Based on the schematics of the MRX-010 Psycho Gundam Mk-II, only downsized, the robust Mobile Suit was draped in a Anti-Beam Cloak resembling some great beast's hide, draped across the back, shoulders, and arms as well. Hiding said arms. The head was adorned with a pair of sweeping golden horns branching off to either side.

An axe was held across the back, a sweeping axe head glinting in the light of the bay, ready to be empowered by one of the hands. Both the axe's head and the handle were covered in religious and ceremonial iconography as well. Across the right arm, strapped in place, was a massive tower-like shield which sloped around both sides of the arm rather than remain semi- flat. Spikes jutted off the front, and sides of the shield itself, the corner ones being the longest, only surpassed by the jutting spike at the center of the four sides.

Upon the shoulders and head of this massive Mobile Suit, already far beyond what one would consider normal, lay three serpentine-like heads resting upon the head and shoulders. Massive mouths which were currently closed. Their serpentine necks sliding behind the heavy fur like cloak covering the body. Spines jutted from the necks as well, with three sets of visors along the sides of the heads, mimicking what one would see as being eyes. The only other piece of important equipment being a long blade attached at the hip, as well made of Gundanium Alloy.

The moment however he entered the Hanger, the rightmost head lifted off the shoulder, much to the confusion and slight terror of engineers running diagnostics on the other mobile suits in the bay. Though Ofærr paid them no mind as he jumps out and floats towards his machine. Already he can feel the buzzing of his com piece as he feels his feet collide with the gundanium hull of the 881-413Ka Slátr as the Mobile Suit came alive from his mere touch. His finger reached up to press against his ear piece.

"Yes?"

It would crackle for a few seconds before the young voice of none other than Reinhard von Lohengramm who had been there at the start of this mess. Commissioned and promoted due to his personal experience in siege warfare and his experience fighting these aliens. He had Rendezvoused with them halfway to the fleet to transfer to his new ship in the relief fleet, the 3 kilometer vessel was one of six others meant to break the overall hold the enemy had established over the planet.

"My Lord, my engineers reported that you have entered the hanger and are currently preparing your mobile suit for launching operations. Might I ask why? The relief fleet flag ship is not due to arrive for three more days and you were to be transferred there when it did."

However Ofærr had already entered into the cockpit and was activating the dormant systems. Already the RAGNAROK System was feeding into his aged mind information about potential enemies. Tapping into other mobile suits and even local ships as the fleet of twenty vessels clustered around the Quiltra-Queleual-class Assault Dreadnaught.

"Situation has changed. Reports of civilian evacuation centers being breached have just reached me. As of this moment, we no longer have the luxury of waiting. I am taking control of all vessels in this system. Reinhard. As a Lord Commander I officially promote you to the rank of Lord Admiral of this offensive. We are going ahead of the fleet."

Even now as his mobile shot fully came online, he heard the klaxons sounding across the bay. Pilots rushing out of the hanger to begin getting suited up. He could never stand those accursed things. After making sure his mobile suit was online he would exit the it's cockpit and begin heading towards one of the many dressing stations.

"All hands. All hands. Man your battle stations. I repeat. All hands man your battle stations. This is not a drill. Prepare for Quartex Jump."

Though it seemed Reinhard had more to say.

"I will follow this order but High Lord. Is this the wisest course of action? Surely the breaches are temporary and will be repelled."

Even Ofærr hoped that this was the case. Yet something told him in his gut it wasn't. Floating through zero gravity towards one of the locker rooms, the unisex pilot changing rooms. He wouldn't bother with his official pilot uniform for this. Didn't believe these aliens deserved such an honor. No. He stepped into the room, surrounded by the youth of humanity, all the sects of it. A young woman half way through dressing spotting the graying giant of a man and stood at attention.

"Commander on Deck!"

All stopped to salute, though so had to make mental notes to hit their fellow pilots for leering. Even still. Ofærr paid it no mind. The young being young after all.

"At ease."

The young men and women, the newest generation of pilots, returned to dressing. Even as he stepped up to his own spare locker. Reaching inside, he pulled out his own pilot suit as he turned towards the youth of this era and their eagerness to get into combat. They were disciplined well enough, the Core had strengthened them, and several were Nobility, so they had been placed into leadership roles to ensure they would live up to the roles their parents held.

"Sir...why are we jumping?"

Ah, he was wondering when someone would ask. Even as he stepped into the pilot suit, he turned towards them. Theirs were rather reminiscent of the old Zeon Uniforms, much more designs imbedded into the actual suit despite it being for space combat. He was no different. Medals pinned on bodies despite the fact no one would see them, unless before the fighting, or in a body bag. He sighed as he slid an arm into one of the sleeves.

"The Shelters have been breached. This Alien Filth has started to attack our civilians. So we are jumping. We will be the first in, to strike a decisive blow against them."

Ofærr watched, a mixture of emotions spread across the faces of each of them before him. Some showed acute anger, others fear, some still had that natural blood lust that seemed to permeate certain family lines like those connected to the Atlantic Federation's Extended Human Program*. Though he didn't wait to hear their responses, already clad in his pilot suit, Ofærr had already departed the room and went back into the hallway. Even as he felt the ship jump into Quartex Space. The Intercom chiming as their Captain once again addressed the entire ship.

"All Hands, proceed to your Mobile Suits, Fighters, and Mobile Armors. We will be reaching the Shanxi System in One Hour. There all current ships will act as the vanguard for the Relief Force. Civilian Bunkers have been breached, the Aliens are doing who knows what to your loved ones. As soon as we drop out of  Quartex Space  you are to engage and move to blunt their continued invasion of Shanxi. Lord Commander Ofærr will be personally leading this counter invasion. May the Numberless Gods of Earth and the Colonies Religions protect them till we can arrive."

Ofærr himself had returned to the 881-413Ka Slátr as the Mobile Suit, seemingly acting on its own, flexed its hands. There was always a kind of soul to this machine, Ofærr had noticed since having it specifically built following joining the Three Nations Alliance* two years before the Final War between the Earth based Nations and those in the various colonies in space. As he watches, arms crossed, the other Mobile Suits in the hangar, which number some thirty, are manned and they await their first taste in combat.


Please Like, Favor, Subscribe, and leave a Review! I love to answer those when the chance arises.


Author's Note:

5/5/2021

Another chapter has come to an end and I so do look forward to your own feed back as a result.

6/10/2021

Sorry for the long wait between this release and the last one in May. Currently as I am finally getting to sit down and write this, I have taken a hiatus from work for the next two months to focus on me, myself, and I. I will be traveling to Washington in the next week, driving up there actually.

08/31/2021

After chewing over some things I've decided to change the name of humanity's primary FTL system to that of Quartex Space which is a halfway point between FTL and Hyperdrive Systems. A sweet middle ground for system to system transit between locations.

09/02/2021

The following is the specs on the Mobile Suit that the Lord Commander of Humanity utilizes in this chapter. The "HYDRA" system is based on the Funnel system but without the need for independent striking. Each "Wulf" head attached to the base of the "spine" of the Mobile Suit can target and act independently of Ofaerr as he fights. Each sporting its own Neo-Mobile Dolls. Named after the 3 Greek Furies themselves. Due to the help of Operation Meteor and the significant leadership role, the "RAGNAROK" System has been implemented into the 881-413Ka Slátr as its own answer to the ZERO System. Depending on the situation and what is required. It will shift modes to help compensate and aid Ofærr in its full capacity. "ODIN" Mode being geared towards the overall broader spectrum of warfare, befitting his title of King of Kings. It matches in its operational capabilities of the "ZERO" System. However the "THOR" Mode is more geared towards singular combat in the event Ofærr is facing another opponent.

881-413Ka Slátr

⦁ Pilot

⦁ Ofærr Stjarnagrarm

⦁ Overall Height: 18.3 Meters

⦁ Base Weight: 67.2 Tons

⦁ Full Weight: 105.0 Tons

⦁ Power Source: Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor

⦁ Weapon Systems

⦁ Gundanium Beam Axe "Fenrir's Bite"

⦁ Gundamium Shield "The Hallowed Ground"

⦁ Gundanium Sword "Hel's Splitter"

⦁ Type 25 Beam Pistol

⦁ Type 15 Beam Saber

⦁ "Wulf Guard" Mega Beam Cannon (Allecto)

⦁ "Wulf Guard" Railgun Cannon (Tisiphone)

⦁ "Wulf Guard" Neutreno Cannon (Megaera)

⦁ Equipment Systems

⦁ Neutron Jammer Canceller

⦁ "RAGNAROK" System

⦁ "HYDRA" System

⦁ Anti-Beam Cloak


Information Added since the Last Chapter.

Troop, Mobile Suit, and Vehicle Transports:

Wet Ships:

Fighters:

Ground Vehicles:

Heavy Vehicle/Land Ships:

Mobile Suits:

Special Units:

Gundams:

Mobile Armors:

881-413Ka Slátr

Space Ships of the Line:

Space Stations:


Important Information

Genda: Equivalent to a Private in the Quarian Navy.

76 Hells: The Quarian had a rather interesting take on religion before their exile. Mainly that certain actions could cause them to suffer in one of Seventy-Six separate levels of hell. Though there is much contradiction on which levels of their damnation were dedicated to what actions. In the years leading up to the Geth Rebellion and subsequent exiling of the Quarian Species, or most of them at least, the Geth had taken to analyzing the Sacred Texts and constantly brought up the fact that there were inconsistencies between the different religious sects of the Quarian People. This had actually led to those with higher Religious Views to openly call for the dismantling of the Geth.

Extended Human Program: An Extended Human was a term given to the Human subjects of the Earth Alliance's (Atlantic Federation & Eurasian Federation) top secret research and development initiative colloquially called Project: SUPERIOR. The aim and object of the project was to create individual mobile suit pilots who were able to perform on the same level as the Coordinators, New Types, and Innovators without the use of genetic manipulation, thus they were still able to be called a "pure" human. The EA hoped that the Extended would be Anti-Coordinators and effective soldiers of war as they were given multiple genetic enhancements, bodily modifications and augmentations, as well as severe mental and physical conditioning in order to counteract their enemies. Generally speaking, these children were turned into blood thirsty killers willing to kill their own as Coordinators, New Types, and Innovators.

Three Nations Alliance: The Three Nations Alliance was a joint Fleet created from elements of Zaft, Zeon, The Colonies, The Atlantic Federation, the Earth Federation, and the Earth Alliance. Forces that opposed both sides of the Earth vs Spaceanoids conflicts and to fight the real adversaries of Humanity.

Chapter 6: The Door is Nearly Shut

Chapter Text

0121.10. 14

Alien System - Alien World Orbit

Batarian Hegemony 65th Pirate Fleet

High Admiral Octab'noel

Cast on the Shackles - Batarian Warbird Dreadnaught-Class

High Admiral Octab'noel was not having a good day. Even as his dreadnought took fire from the newly arrived alien forces. He couldn't help but watch as the aliens, despite being numerically inferior and lacking mass effect technology, battered his fleet.

The alien forces had not only kept them from pushing through the defenses of their city but put up a proper resistance compared to most Council species or Independent Nations.

At least they weren't the Mon'tarioLoc'turns, or the damn Tel'dor. Despite the age of those species, they had never seemed to shake their propensity for brutality which had left them banned from the Council Space. At least other species weren't as bloody as they.

However, this new alien species was starting to gain traction on his own list. They had repelled any and all attempts to breach into their major population centers through a mixture of alien technology unknown to Octab and what he knew to be primitive tactics such as trench warfare. Something the majority of the Citadel Races and most of the Independent Species had abandoned long ago.

Besides those stubborn reptiles out of the Helixia Cluster. Still had nightmares the last time he had pushed into that sector of space to get Krogan Slaves.

As he watched, a beam of bright green energy punched through one of the battleships from stem to engine, splitting it in half before its ammo belts detonated and it tore itself apart. Enough was enough. Motioning for the communications officer, he would grab his comm system before speaking.

"Attention all Vessels. Our cargo sectors are filled as much as we can. This new race has proved resistant enough to our efforts before their fleet arrived. As of this moment, we are leaving. All forces, turn and begin retreating through the Relay. No point in loosing anymore forces. We will have to fill the rest of our quota on Council races."

Already he could feel the eyes of his crew on him even as the more pathetic captains were starting to turn their vessels around at record speed. Swerving as best they could to avoid incoming blasts of energy from the aliens and their asarian like mobile weapons. What they had lost in terms of pirates and scum, they had managed to fill cargo bays full of alien technology that would in itself provide a proper selling price.

Even as he felt his dreadnought turn, he quickly turned off his communications array after the last time one of the aliens started to scream into it while it tore apart the Apathetic God's engines with its strange energy lance. These primitives may have bested them now, but it was clear that this would not be the end.

"Nearly two hundred thousand lost. Most were scum and pirates, but many good Batarians died today…there will be retribution. Helm, set a course for Omega. I need to make another contact with the Collectors again. The Hegemony will need to prepare for war once we return."


0121.10. 14

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid

Ground Side

Planetary Resistance Forces

Duo Maxwell

Duo grinned as he brought Deathscyth's Scythe down atop a pair of Alien fighters as they flew two close to his position near the wall of Shanxi. After the destroyer had been brought down and the Argo had been forced to leave the area lest its weakened state leave it open for attack, the Deathscythe had opted to land and help defend the breach that had opened up.

When news of the arrival of relief forces started to circulate through the ground side forces, most of them being exhausted from the month of continuous fighting due to the Alien. Already space bound forces were breaking through the alien blockade due to some idiot rushing and disrupting them. He could see multiple dropships break towards the few still standing places of Resistance, mainly to Auttobenid itself.

Then the singing started and any good mood that he had was increased a hundredfold. He knew that voice had gone to a few of her concerts when she and Lacus would both sing together or even Nero joined them for a show.

If she was here, then that meant that one or more of the Minor Houses had joined up. Like the Gremory House had. They did owe the Knight Lord for holding the breach long enough for them to shore up the defenses. That aside, he could see flashes of missile detonations from gunships breaching the atmosphere and multiple detonations in space.

"Well boys and girls, looks like the party crashers are finally here. So it seems like the fun is over."

Even as he huffed, Deathscythe would detect other forces from across the planet that had begun to approach their location when a scream echoed overhead. Tilting his Gundam's head up, he watched as one of the new Mk3 Orbital Insertion Dropships broke through the cloud cover and fired its ventral thrusters to slow its incoming landing.

"This is the Jacob's Messenger, to Gundam Pilot, we are coming in for a landing to drop off supplies. Month long without resupplies would drain even your machine, My Lord."

Ah, that crap. Since the reunion of Humanity, most saw Gundam Pilots as some kind of symbol like the Nobility, and as such, he, like the others who use gundams, constantly got called that now. With a thrust, the long boxy dropship touched down. Pads extending from the bottom to hold it on the sands as thrusters on the pads turned the sand to glass to properly support it.

Fifty meters long, twenty-five wide, and fifteen high, the thing was literally a brick with wings and engines strapped to it. Yet the arrival of several boxes of 75mm shells, being unloaded out of the sides by robots, were a sight for sore eyes. As one, he and the other machines currently present would slowly lower their machines to a knee as multiple mechanics and combat engineers emerged from the dropship to start repairs.

The wings jutting from the back near the engines sported a series of missile pods while the sloped armored cockpit at the front had side mounted scaled down beam pods from which swept the area as Engineers worked rapidly to begin refilling mecha with standard 75mm rounds. They have been long depleted.

As he watched, the aliens in the distance seemed to be gathering around one location, the seeming cease fire between both sides merely there for the aliens to consolidate and prepare for their final push. It was nearly five minutes since the OID arrived that more signatures would start to collect around him as well. The few surviving Tanks from the 3rd PDF Tankery Division arrived, two of the 105mm heavy smooth bore cannoned tanks rolling up to either side of the remaining mobile suits.

PDF as well started trickling in from the city, seeing as all other areas of conflict had otherwise stopped, leaving this the last location it would seem. Nearly a hundred and fifty of the original thousand PDF troopers remained from the city, now clustered behind sandbags.

The cough of thrusters echoed in his ears as he turned towards the north as Mikazuki and his allies in Tekkadon arrived, that monster of a Gundam touching down beside him along with six STH-20 Hekija which landed around him. A comm opening even as his systems registered that the crews which were scrambling around the various machines and soldiers had started to refill his Head Vulcans.

"Was wondering when you'd show up. Seems the aliens are gearing up for one final push since their fleet is in disarray."

The image of the young black-haired man that was the muscle of Tekkadon flashed beside him as he merely nodded.

"Like Chryse Guard Security, they use Alien Debris…don't like them."

Duo frowned as Deathscythe seemed to understand his own views, a hand raising and coming down upon the shoulder of Barbatos. The much larger gundam would shift its head towards its smaller counterpart before the head dipped alongside Mikazuki's own.

"I am guessing you didn't kill as many as we did…hey. Once this is all over maybe we can see about helping those we captured. Doubt a lot of them wanted any part in this."

Another pat on the shoulder of Barbatos would follow before the Deathscythe's own systems registered its head mounted weapons had reached capacity and it stepped up slowly. The ground shuddering as it walked alongside the massive OID as it began to take off, heading for the space port even as alien fire started to rake its side. Fighters flying low as to escort slower bombers.

Though before he could actually fire at the incoming alien aircraft, a blaze of bright green lances speared through most while a body smashed into the lead bomber before banking towards them.

His system finally registered the incoming IFFs. Six in total, two Ashtrays, two Muramasas, one custom Gundam, and the final was a true monster, reminding him more of the Devil Gundam in scale and size, rather chunky given all its armor. However, it would twist, and then come down beside the Deathscythe. A smirk growing on his face as he opened up the comms to the new arrivals.

"I thought I heard Belligerent incarnate."


0121.10 . 14

Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid

Ground Side

Planetary Resistance Forces

Lunamaria Hawke

Lunamaria banked the ZGMF-X56S/γ Blast Impulse Gundam around a barrage of Flak from one of the alien cruisers before she shifted the Impulse's shoulder Missile Launchers into position, firing a barrage keyed to the weapon emplacements scattered across the bulk of the vessel. Mainly their intercept weapons and larger cannons.

With locks primed, the barrel like missile launchers would expend nearly thirty small missiles which detonated if they struck their targets or were intercepted. However enough were put out that they managed to wipe out a good half of the cruiser's weapon systems on the outside of the ship.

The Godzorlas would supplement additional missile barrage with beam weaponry from their beam rifles. Spearing through turret bases or through barrels to cause the metal to warp and block any additional firing from them.

"Alright, let's go for the primary gun."

Even as she says this, one of the Godzorlas would take a round to the head, causing it to detonate and collapse back towards the earth as the pilot no longer had means of fighting without the visual sensors located in the mobile suit's head. The other three however redoubled their efforts while the Impulse Gundam shifted its focus up towards the main spiral cannon of the ship.

Switching the Firefly Missile Launchers out for the Deluge Rail Cannon, the Gundam would put two hyper-velocity rounds into the top of the ship, though given the weak armor that most of the aliens seemed to favor, the rounds would easily punch through and out the other side. This would actually cause fires to erupt from multiple holes before a blast near the top sent it crashing bow first into the earth for nearly thirty miles.

"Well…that was anticlimactic. Signal the PDF to start entering the vessel and try to recover some of ours from it. God only knows what they managed to take from us after all."

Eyes shifting from the downed Cruiser and towards the other as the Bloody Countess swarmed across it, tearing a long gash across its side with the use of her Mouth Positron Cannon before darting away as the crippled vessel's own AA tried to swat her and others out of the sky around it. Then the Muramasas would sweep behind it and fire a barrage into its engines, tearing through the metal and sending it crashing to the earth, crushing several hundred aliens, both slaves and combatants.

A curse slipped from her lips as she banked her Gundam down and towards the ground itself where the fighting was much more intense, though halfway down, a rain of mass effect effected rounds struck the back of her gundam. Thankfully Phase Shift Armor easily absorbed the incoming fire from the alien fighters as they rocketed past at Mach 2.

The Impulse swiftly turned, bringing its Fireflies back around and a barrage of quad missiles left their sockets mere moments before one of the Alien bombers smashed into the side of her Gundam, the weaker alien machine collapsing down on itself and then detonated, its cargo sending the Impulse crashing into the side of the second alien ship as another two dozen fighters seemed to converge on her.

They seemed to be of a desire to crash into her Gundam, before a beam of reds and whites swept through the fighters from above. A very distinct gundam rocketing down between the fighters and the Impulse. Destiny would put itself between the fighters before throwing up a Beam Shield to allow them to crash into. Lunamaria beamed from her cockpit as she pushed off the side of the ship and joined her husband.

"And here I was thinking you'd miss the fun Shinn. Where have you been?"

The image of the dark-haired man appeared to her side, grinning at her as he hefted his beam sword in one hand before firing his head mounted CIWS, shredding two other fighters as they tried to go around the beam shield.

"Well, I had my own problems thank you very much Princess. Not all of us could pal around with the Old Man you know. Anyway, dealt with a second force trying to close on the city from the west."

She would smile however, a hand placed on the Destiny's shoulder as Wife and Husband boosted forward behind the shield, heading back into the furrow above as mobile suits, NEXTS, and PDF fighters fought with Alien fighters and bombers. Their wrecks falling back towards the fighting on the ground.


0121.10. 14

Alien System - Alien Capital

Citadel Alliance: SPECTER

Saren Arterius

Saren watched from the shadows of a building as the aliens fought with the Batarians. His own animosity towards them didn't quite leave but it had otherwise subsided. Though there were now some amounts of self-loathing even as he turned and began walking back towards the inner section of the city. His body shimmering for a few seconds before turning into a strange gelatinous state. Golden in coordination, it lasted but a few seconds before in his place stood a human man in his late thirties. Darkened skin.

"So much destruction…"

His plans however were clear after all, despite being a Founder, his mission was to ascertain the abilities of this new existence, to prepare for their arrival and their mission to bring Order to the Chaos.

Yet these humans showed such strange means of warfare, their own may need to adapt if they wished to properly conquer both the humans and this other coalition of aliens. The Founder shifted through debris as he listened to the righting outside of the city. He had been at this for nearly three years, since finding himself in this reality following the end of the War.

With a huff, he would grab hold of a communicator and begin to tap into subspace and then to a satellite in the "Terminus" as this reality called a section of both the Damma and Delta Quadrants. Thankfully the communication devices were well hidden in space and these species had not yet developed the ability to track Subspace Transmissions.

"This is Agent Jos in the Churion Reality. Reporting that we have discovered Humanity. Though they are far from our realities Federation. Technologically speaking they appear stunted, culturally they still have yet to reach our own enemies' dedication. They however have a military that matches our own I believe. With technologies that may prove interesting. I will be returning to the supposed Council Race to goad them to war with Humanity. It is in my opinion they should not be allowed to be strong when we begin our expansion into this reality. Jos out."

Turning, he would resume the same form as before, through with arms held over his head as he rounds a corner in the city and finds himself face to face with a member of their local planetary defense forces. The Turian he posed as dropping to his knees as the humans approached, directing their primitive slug throwing weapons at him as one moved behind him. Then to his surprise, liquid metal extended from the man's arm and locked around his own.

Perhaps he was premature in his opinion of these humans. Liquid Metal was not an easy accomplishment.

"On your feet Xeno. You're coming with us. Judging by your cloths you were a slave soldier? You'll be given some limited medical treatment and cloths till we can get in contact with your original species and return you to them."

Then to surprise them, he spoke in perfect English, causing the humans to stop as they began to move him.

"No need for that. I am Saren Arterius, a member of the Species Turian, and a SPECTAR of the Citadel Alliance of Species. If you could, please, take me to your leaders."


0121.10. 14

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid

Southern Desert

Tekkadan

Planetary Resistance Forces

Mikazuki Augus

OST: THUNDER FORCE IV『Lightning Strikes Again - Metal Squad』

Mikazuki huffed as he drove Barbatos'es Wrench Mace down atop one of the Alien tanks as it tried to utilize its speed against the PDF's older Model Tiger 6s and Brushbreaker Siege Tanks. Older models meant to retire in outer colony garrisons or defective machines that their crews had to find use for still.

Though they were old, nearly sixty years since their last deployment against the Devil Gundam forces by the marks of Devil Mobile Suit Heads painted on the sides of the hulls. One of the Tiger 6s would align its 105mm cannon with an alien tank before firing. The round found some resistance before striking the sloped armor and glancing off. However, this drew its attention to an AT Crew which planted a round into its track.

The Tank rendered immobile, but Mikazuki rushed into the breach, jumping off the ground before driving the blade like "toes" on both feet into the top of an alien tank and tearing it in half as a result. The Wrench mace swept up and through an alien assault team pushing forward through the PDF. Scattering dozens of broken and mangled bodies before the Gundam. However, the crashing of both Cruisers proved a chance.

He could already see PDF forces pushing towards the cruisers while from orbit, pods began to descend towards the field of war at the back of the PDF lines, likely reinforcements.

With thrusters primed, Barbatos would launch towards one of the nearer Cruisers before driving a fist into its hulk. Sharp claws that had replaced fingers would easily drive down towards the ground, slicing the hull open and begin to allow the PDF to push inside.

Sensors would bark as it detected a lock-on before turning the head of his Gundam towards a squadron of bombers which had just released nearly a hundred missiles meant for cracking bunkers.

With an almost dancer's grace, the Gundam began to shift, opting for one foot on the ground while the other kicked off as thrusters would ignite and thrust it towards the sky. One thing he had found when fighting the United Earth Alliance during the End War, was their rapid use of missiles to overcompensate for lacking Coordinator or New Type aiming ability and primitive AI systems.

Right shoulder shifted as a series of missiles curved past, contrails of smoke following behind them as their systems tried to turn them around before colliding with the earth and tearing the sandy dunes apart. Others managed and swept along the ground before banking up and sweeping back towards the semi-flying gundam. However, a long beam of purple would pierce the clouds, tearing through the fighter formation.

"ARETHA has entered the field."

The NEXT would line up another shot, though with such a high-powered primary weapon, the heavy fire would shear through one side of the Cruiser as it struck a cluster of weapon emplacements which had been keeping the PDF from entering into it.

Barbatos would burn to the right to avoid the rest of the missiles, using them to smash into the ground, the alien armor still active groundside, or just shooting them down those that remained.

"Enemies…Eliminating."

Barbatos screamed through incoming flak from the bombers as he swung his Autocannon into place, cracking off half a dozen shots. One tore the wing from the lead bomber as the fighters scrambled to move towards the ATHENA. Underside pills on the alien bombers directed a rather impressive rain of rounds on towards the Gundam, however with ease they were deflected by the armor.

The second round struck the center mass of another bomber, causing it to tear itself apart as its bombs and missiles cooked off following the impact. The third and fourth rounds gutted another bomber while Barbatos finally reached the scattering formation, right hand punching into the cockpit of a third Bomber and then firing the autocannon attached to that arm into the body.

Sweeping the wrench mace around, he would drive it down on the wing of a fourth bomber while the rest actually turned on a dime. If there was something to be said about the aliens, it was their speed at which they could coax from their weapons. Seven bombers would fly back towards him as they redirected every weapon system towards the Gundam.

However rather than let them repeat what they had done against the Impulse, he cut his boosters and fell back, even as the Bombers moved to follow him. Another burp of his autocannon saw two more burst into flames before he twisted in midair and rocketed towards the ground.

Fire starting to rake the ground and sand beneath him as the bombers tried to keep their heavier weapon systems on him. A pair of PDF fighters even attempted to break off and fire upon the bomber squadron, however increasing Flak forced them back, though their missiles, those that weren't intercepted, managed to detonate another two. Leaving three of the alien vehicles.

"Die Wretched Primitives!"

One of the Aliens yelled over the comms as ganged on the descending Gundam, only for a green beam to pierce through its central mass and cause it to detonate in a ball of fire and shrapnel. Allowing for the Barbatos to twist again, feet colliding with the side of the right cruiser before altering its position, flying off to the side and heading for the left cruiser. The two remaining Bombers however became pray for AA on the ground, retaliatory flak from a pair of Anti-Air Leos would shred their undersides and cockpits, causing them to crash.


0121.10. 14

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid

Shanxi - Relief Fleet

High Admiral  Reinhard von Lohengramm

Reinhard signaled for the supporting fleet to move ahead even as the forces under his command had jumped another fifty ships in the past thirty minutes. Seems that many ships had been pulled from defensive positions in the inner colonies to bulk up what was clearly becoming an issue in the outer colonies.

Zeon ships streamed in, their distinct solid Red, Greens, and Blues breaking up the multi-colored ships of the United Earth Alliance or the drab Greys, Whites, and Blacks of the Federation Alliance. They formed up behind his ship as they continued to pursue the Aliens as they fled for the God Gate.

As Reinhard was about to give orders to focus their Positron Cannon on another of the fleeing Alien Ships, sensors would begin to come back from additional sweeps. His eyes grew wide as he grabbed his Weapon's Operator and barked.

"Call off all additional fire on alien ships! Fleet wide now!"

His teeth grated against one another as he grabbed the railing next to his command seat. His eyes rapidly shifted through lines of information the Ship's AI was directing across the fleet now. The Aliens, having deactivated some kind of block on their ships, revealed the government mandated tracking chip of citizens and military personnel.

"They are using our own as shields."

He shifted his line of sight as the last twenty alien ships passed through the God Gate, forcing the High Admiral to collapse back into his chair even as one of his comm officers turned around in her seat to address him.

"Sir! Sensors are reporting a new mass arriving, no Life signs. IFF reads it as "Transcendence Unto Life"! My Lord, the ELS sent one of their Nexuses."

All conversation likely across the fleet ceased as the largest Quartex Vortex ruptured into existence behind the fleet. A yawning purple swirling vortex from which a mass of silver liquid poured forth. Nearly as large as Ceres back in the Sol System. Nearly 850 Kilometers, the strange moving silver liquid swept from the entrance into Quartex Space. Like the yawning tendrils of some horrific creature, the Nexus would emerge into real space after nearly five minutes. It's very presence creates a gravimetric pull on the ships in the vicinity.

From the seemingly endless ocean of silver metal, tentacles would begin to extend out and wrap about the various wrecks, pulling them in towards Transcendence Unto Life to begin study and replication. Reinhard would shudder at the sight, memories of their first encounter with the ELS still fresh in his mind.

"Enough. Attention all vessels! Form up near the God Gate at ten thousand kilometers away and prepare for interception of alien vessels that may pass through. I want all new ships to be shifted towards resume and retrieval of crew from crippled ships while Transcendence Unto Life is busy analyzing these ships and their crew."

The High Admiral leaned back in his seat even as the fleet of nearly two hundred assorted and mixed vessels moved towards the God Gate, forming up into a wedge formation to prepare for any uninvited guests.


0121.10. 14

Chentari System - Quipla

Geth/Quarian Fleet

Tactical Cube 1

Seven of Nine

Seven of Nine watched as her Cube moved up alongside the fleet of Quarian and Geth vessels. They had finally left the Perseus Veil and moved to join up with the forward fleet of both the Geth and the Abandoned Armada as it was called by those Quarians that had stayed behind on Rannor. Now the fleet was preparing for their next course of action.

Even now, as only a few Military Vessels from the migrant fleet moved towards them, her Cube dwarfed any of those present. Even with the Geth Dreadnaughts, hers was a perfect 3 kilometers in all directions. Their intended goal was simply to get the Cube into range of the planet and begin transporting the Quarians still planetside.

"We have the plan laid out. Let us begin."

She was, as always, quite impatient, as this was taking away time and resources from building the Unimatrix in the Rannoch system. The Geth may have already been ready to move on the system, the Quarians were still dealing with internal political issues that had cropped up in the wake of the discovery that those that had been alive at the end of the war, that they had left behind, were still in fact thriving and growing as a population.

Organics can be such a hassle.

Huffing, Seven of Nine turned from the screen as she ceased listening in on the Quarian communications. However turning, she would find one of the Geth Primes standing behind her. Though she was human once, she had come to understand the attractiveness of steel and synthetics. So she found herself in the company of the Geth more than anything. The Prime itself was a new addition to the Tactical Cube 1.

The crew having been slowly released from the control of the Borg Collective, and now offered a mixed crew of Geth and Freed Borg. Allowing for an increase in efficiency of Crew and Operations of the Cube by a total of 15% over the last year alone. Integration of additional weapons for fighter interception and shield draining has led to more power being focused into Cutting Beams and Nanite Torpedoes.

"Quarry: Creators are fighting amongst themselves again?"

7 of 9 would nod with a sigh, a very human emotion. Sometimes she missed the days of being on the Unimatrix in her own dimension.

"For now, they need time to reintegrate so we will be moving forward. Prepare your vessels for entering the Transwarp Corridor when the Quarians are ready to begin proceeding. Our drones have reported the Batarians are fleeing the system en masse for your Relay to escape into Council Space. Likely to begin the long journey home. This is the only chance to do this bloodless and without any injuries to our own forces."

The Geth take only seconds before they nod as the Tactical Cube's sensors detect the four Geth Dreadnaughts move into position along the sides four sides of the Cube while their smaller Frigates, Destroyers, and Battleship class starships formed collections around the Dreadnaughts.

These smaller ships however were not going with them nor were the Dreadnaughts, while each of the machine machines would be able to hold any number of the Quarians, they were only here to protect the Migrant Fleet which even now had clumped up behind the few dedicated military vessels they still possessed.

With a flick of her head towards another freed Drone, having already picked up on what they were planning to do, their comms systems would come alive as they connected to every Quarian craft, all fifty thousand of them at once.

"Attention Quarian Forces. This is Seven of Nine. We will be departing to gather your wayward citizens. Then we will begin to return to the Rannoch System."

The Borg Cube began to draw towards the Relay, sending out its identification coding, spoofed from the system and entered into it, before the massive starship would be thrust forward and arrive at their ultimate destination. The system was nearly empty when they arrived, a few spaceships seeking to flee what looked more and more like a route from the Cube's scans.

However, that was only second to what they were supposed to be here for. Their intended goal was simply to get the stranded Quarians out. So pushing the Cube forward and towards the planet, they already began to use the multitude of transporter bays in the Tactical Cube to begin locking onto organic signatured beneath the ground. Though this isn't to say that they weren't vigilant of the Batarians.

The moment they entered the system, the few stragglers still over the planet began to lay waste to their facilities via orbital bombardment. Though one got to close to the intended destination of the Cube, and with little care or fanfare, one of the Cutting Beams would lash out, a bright green, but thin, energy blast that sheared through the hull and did as it's naming intended.

Cut through the outer hull before sweeping down and severing it in half. Secondary detonations would tear the ship apart but otherwise it would finish it's trip and reach the location directly above the old Turian facility.

"Starting up the Transport Bays. Attention Quarians planet side, this is Seven of Nine, are you prepared for extraction?"

She made sure to broadcast on the Black Band that the Quarians had already been using. She would receive a response a few moments later, slightly crackling due to the amount of rock in between the two groups.

"This is Tali'zorah nar Rayya, we acknowledge your arrival Seven of Nine. How soon can you begin extractions? What kind of signal should our ground teams look for to begin esc-"

Mid sentence, the Transporters had already locked on and beamed Tali'zorah up to the Cube. A blinding swirl of bright green energy would flow within the center of the platform behind Seven of Nine before the admiral's daughter would emerge back into existence. The Quarian slowly lowering her hand from her ear piece on her headset as she finished her sentence.

"-orting the civilians and Marines from the bunker…but it seems you have that covered already?"

Tali blinked as she looked around, even as dozens of the pods were starting to light up with similar bands of bright green energy. A hand would place itself on her shoulder as the Quarian is led from the transponder bay. Geth and former humans, turned Borg, along with other alien species, helped to direct the now rescued Quarians. Though the sight of the Geth caused many to back away terrified.

"Good, you are here, and the process is beginning. An additional five minutes will be spent to gather any stragglers that were not able to make it to your bunker before we will leave the system. My scans show that there are few left but that the Batarians as you call them have otherwise fled the conflict they started in the adjacent system."

Tali blinked, still trying to wrap her head around the current situation but as she is left to stand and look around, she finds herself surrounded on all sides by the massive and rather intimidating internal structure of the monster that was a Borg Tactical Cube. Shaking her head, she could ask all the engineering questions she would like later, focusing instead on the matters at hand.

"There is so much going on and so little time to ask but thank you for this. I don't even know what you are."

Even as Seven of Nine started to interface with the ship, finishing the last of the retrievals, she as well took a moment to retrieve what remained of the Turian Armor in the depths of the bunker. For her own personal usage. The rest of the Quarians wouldn't likely spend a lot of time on the Cube, as even now, mere minutes after arriving, their work was done.

"We can discuss more when we return to Rannoch with your Fleet. The Geth do not wish for your species to leave it would seem. Perhaps they miss their parents?"

A hum slipped from her lips, arms crossed beneath her bust, as she began to send out orders to the cube itself. They needed to vacate the area before whatever species on the other side of the Relay came for blood. Even as the Cube began to spin up its Transwarp Drives, a sphere of bright green, as with most things Borg in design.

"I have to many things to even start asking you about what just happened, why you are alongside the Geth of all things, and why you would help us, but who were the Batarians attacking? We did see them pass through the Relay but so few returned.. It is disconcerting. They had over two hundred vessels. At least Five Dreadnaughts."

Well that was ominous. As the Cube entered Transwarp, 7 of 9 started to look over what tactical data she had on this was a handful of species in this galaxy she had registered through the Geth that could prove that devastating. Though her thoughts are interrupted as the Cube emerges back into reality and find the Geth moving to protect the Quarian Fleet as a Turian Patrol Fleet emerged from one of the relays in the system.

"Damn it all..of course they'd find a way. You, Geth-"

She turned and pointed towards the large Prime which was as well watching the large monitor in the center of the room. It's head turning towards her.

"We are Geth.."

She rolled her eyes, how close to the Borg they sounded with that one phrase.

Seven of Nine would turn towards the quarians before falling on the Admiral. Alexia Van Numenberg'Quipla.

"Tell your Fleet to start making for the opposing Relay and then start moving towards the Veil. I will hold these forces here in the meantime."

With a huff, she turned, even as the Geth and Quarian started to send out orders. The Turians at the edge of the system having formed a semi-wedge around the Relay with the approach of the Geth Borg Cube would suddenly jump, putting itself between that of the Quarian Fleet and the Geth as the war machines would form into diamonds with a Dreadnaught centered in the middle of each. With eight formed from the vessels.

"Attention Turian Patrol Group. This is Seven of Nine of the Liberated Borg. It is in your best interest to turn back and return from where you came. The matters ongoing here are none of your concern. Failure to comply will see your vessels destroyed and all souls lost."

Even as both the Admiral and Tali were transported to their fleet along with the rest of the Quarians there, Tali broke away and rushed towards the screen, seemingly hell bent on staying there. The message had been broadcast across the entire fleet, which would remain silent before a voice, an aging and heavy voice, one which belonged to an elderly Turian, one on the cusp of retirement, spoke.

"This is Admiral Hel'nastia of the Turian 12th Turian Pacificatio Fleet. I may be an old Turian but even I know when I am out gunned. Though if I were younger I'd more than likely welcome falling to your ship to bring glory to the Turian Hierarchy, I can't in good faith allow my soldiers to. We will not proceed further into the system, but we will not retreat. Unless you are willing to act as escorts to the Relay that leads into the Chentari System…"

Well at least he wasn't as brain dead as most Klingons were. Though this one seemed to still embrace their viewpoints after all. With a sigh, 7 of 9 would turn to the Geth then towards the Quarian. Sensors would report that the Quarian Fleet had reached fifty thousand kilometers away from their current location. A fair enough distance it would seem. Turning back, the liberated Borg would decide upon their next course of action. The Geth already followed their suggestions to an extent.

"Then I will be giving you a direct patrol lane to the Relay. Do not deviate from it or I will be forced to destroy your fleet."

The reply would take a few seconds as the Turians mulled over the situation. Then with a crack, the comms would patch back through to them.

"I'm putting my trust in you, Alien. I don't even know who or what you are, why you are helping the Quarians. Why the Geth of all things are here and helping them, but I'm to old to deal with any of that. So long as you don't pose a threat to the Hierarchy, I will not deviate from your directions."

With a slow push, the Dreadnaught in the center of the Turian Pacification Group would begin to push forward. The Geth ships would start to form a loose net around the Turian Fleet of nearly a hundred state of the art ships, though some of the long vessels sported older models. The Cube would execute a small in system jump to between the Fleet and the Quarians as the Geth would have enough forces there to keep the Turians from enacting anything.

While the fleets moved towards the Relay, 7 of 9 could only sigh and turned towards the source of the feeling, the feeling that someone was trying to stare a hole into the back of her head. Tali stood behind her the entire time.

"Well I have around thirty minutes if they keep using thrusters, what say we start those questions you seem to have then?"


0121.10. 14

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid

Planetary Resistance Forces

Crashed Alien Ship

Joseph Yui

Joseph clutched tightly his Type 61 rifle as he fell against the side of the door. The remainder of the Resistance Force had been combined into the still existing Defense Force.

He had been deployed along with what remained to the outer wall in the last few weeks before today. So he was there to head directly for the alien ship after it fell.

With the assimilation, came proper training about a week after the start of the fighting when it appeared that things were in fact going to become more of a protracted siege.

Wearing the olive drab colors and the standard armor of the PDF, Joseph had been thrown into action repeatedly. Now he huddled along with nearly two dozen others at the entrance to the alien ship. When the Sergeant motioned for them to move in, Joseph nodded before turning and stepping into the corridor. Swinging his rifle left, then right, the flashlight illuminated the red hallways, bodies strewn on the ground, some injured, some dead.

"Clear!"

The rest started to move in as well, some moving towards injured aliens, though as a Private Jenson lined his rifle with the head of a groaning alien, another, a Private Stephon grabbed and pushed the rifle away, glaring through the dim lighting.

"Jenson, I know you have a lot of anger after that raid on the 8th district, but you can't go executing prisoners of War. We have standards."

"You really want to try and lecture me? A month of fighting, and all we have to show for it are a few prisoners. While thousands of our own are now missing."

Though as Joseph is about to move to break the two up, one Sergeant Vickers would step between the two, shoving Jenson back before growling at the young man through her rebreather. Her face is mostly obscured by the large metal oxygen recycler. Helmet visor polorizing to let the two see her eyes.

"We are here to take and return prisoners. Not to execute Private. That will be ten lashes when we get back. Tie those still alive up that you can, give those that are to far past Yama's Peace. Even if they are undeserving of the Lands of the Dead."

Turning, she would storm ahead to the left while Sergeant Benny moved down the other corridor. Joseph would follow behind her as they rushed down the corridor and over other groaning aliens and unmoving bodies. A lot of death had visited this place upon the ship's impromptu landings.

However, as they turn the corner, a squad of Aliens were visible at the end of the corridor, set up behind strange hard light looking shields. It took only a few seconds before the two sides spotted each other, though history has long forgotten which side was the first to open fire.

Joseph ducked into cover as he watched a PDF trooper fall to the incoming fire from the aliens, body riddled with the strange slivers of ammunition the aliens favored. Turning his shoulder, he rested the gunmetal grey Rifle against a suspiciously placed cut into the side. Locking his rifle into place, he fires a stream of 7.62x57 rounds down the corridor towards the shields.

He may have only been fighting for a month, but he had changed from the homeless man that begged on the corner of 23rd Buckner Street. Controlled fire would slam into the shields that the aliens were hiding behind, though they seemed to do little to effect it.

"Popping Smokes!"

One of the Soldiers yelled out as they would chuck a smoke grenade gown the corridor and towards the aliens. Though the crack of a bolt action rifle, like the kind that Joseph used to use with his father to go hunting the Relak Elk here on Shanxi before poverty and drinking lost him, his father echoed out as an alien slumped backwards.

Though even as they began getting ready to move forward, the hallway filled with the sound of thunderous steps. Turning his head, Joseph is greeted to the sight of a pair of Knights stomping down the corridor, their powered armor frame and insignia of House Gremory doing much to improve the overall moral of the PDF as the head knight hefted a shield of Gundanium up. The large cross nearly as tall as the suit of armor as their other handheld aloft a Hell Blaster. The Pilot lights flickering at the end of the barrel.

"We will handle this from here. Continue deeper into the vessel."

The lead knight stated as he placed the shield down and then activated his Hell Blaster. Twin streams of white phosphorus erupted down the corridor and housed the barricade. A dozen screams echoed out as aliens cooked in their own armor and the bulkhead around them started to grow hot.

Sergeant Vickers would nod her head, and motion for them to begin moving down the corridor away from the inferno. Though, at a glance, Joseph could see the two Knights beginning to stomp down the fire filled hallway, their destination unknown.

Turning back around, the group would continue down their path, before coming across another hallway that led up instead of straight. Vickers, taking point, moved up towards the top of the stairs where they found another series of passages leading to the left and right again. Though looking round, they would find a series of arrows, actually painted onto the walls.

"Half of you, go right. Another half, go left. If you run into any other teams, let me know."

Vickers would motion for six to move down the left corridor, the remaining five moving to the right. For the next hour, they continued on like this, looking, traveling, occasionally coming across other PDF units, though after an hour of sweeping, they would begin to notice a growing trail of bodies as they moved deeper into the ship on their level.

Though stopping to inspect, they would overhear the couch of a combat issued shotgun and then a cry of pain down the corridor to their right. Turning, Joseph led his fellows towards the largest concentration of fighting appeared to be. All in time to see a tentacle impale the chest of an alien. The corpse tossed to the side as a small child of all things steps out into view.

Though turning her head, it was clear she was a Neo-Mobile Doll given the exposed metal skull. Shredded yellow and black ribbons set against the sides of once beautiful golden hair. Though she paid them little mind as she turned, driving a tentacle through one of the bulkheads, revealing they were being created from a slot in her back.


0121.10.14

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid

Crashed Alien Ship

Rogue Neo-Mobile Doll

Neo-Mobile Doll Abigail Williams

Abigail shifted her focus from the soldiers towards the Aliens. Following her extermination of the Blue Cosmos from the Evacuation Center, she moved top side. The machine had been set to kill anything that threatened it, and the Aliens most assuredly fell within that prerogative. With heavy foot falls, she left the city and made for the conflict in the distance.

When the twin ships crashed into the sandy dirt, the AI in charge of the small child's body sent it sprinting across the desert on a direct course towards it. Though the chained AI still inside fought to regain control, the fighting around it only drove it to continue its directives.

The small machine would kick off the earth suddenly, landing between a pair of Aliens behind a barricade that had been hastily set up near one of the crashed ships. Those that had not been inside having been likely instructed to defend it.

From her back, one of the metal tentacles lashed out to pierce through the back of the alien, before they could react to her arrival. The metal barb pierced through the kinetic barrier, armor, and hardened skin before erupting out of the alien's mouth.

The corpse tossed aside several seconds later; the other tentacle would snap out to snap the neck of the second alien with little fanfare. Though static would cloud her vision for a few seconds, as a machine smashed into the hull of one of the ships, larger and more robust than any of the others there.

Several Mobile Suits would charge it, though it would duck beneath a blow meant to tear its head off. Beam Saber stabbing into the hull. This Mobile Armor, the Secondary AI designated it as, played havoc with its control over the body. Their Creator was near to them.

Turning though, the Neo-Mobile Doll would race towards one of the rents in the outer hull of the spaceship, driving a foot through the face of an alien before using it as a stool to leap up and into the speared through hull where a heat axe had done some damage. Given the Zaku that was fighting nearby. Likely having swung at a low flying vessel of some kind.

Abigail however cared little for that, as she turned and stood in the hallway. This machine was unfeeling, unlike the innocent Ai that also inhabited it's chassis. The hallway she was in was littered with alien corpses and even a few humans. Their bodies malnourished and shackled in chains of all things. Though she could not care, she lacked the ability to given her current state.

Some of the aliens were however alive, and as such, the Tentacles started to strike, they threatened them even if only slightly. Rapidly, the blades of metal would begin to grow orange from the spent alien blood which coated them. Though something continued to draw her up towards the higher sections.

It was during this time that a squad of humans would come upon her. Having just massacred another squad of aliens. She would watch them; half her face having been blown away by an alien trying to use some strange power. Light blues and purples which dragged her into the air were it not for her own weapons holding her in place.

She would give them a brief look before continuing on. The AI was nearly to its destination, which would prove to be the Command Center located within the bowls of the ship below the Alien's own spinal mounted weapon. Yet the humans had still followed behind the AI, even as she moved forward, one of them taking the chance to speak with her as they walked.

"You a Mobile Doll? What the hell are you doing here? You don't look like you are in the military after all."

Though given the faces they made when her head turned a full one hundred and eighty degrees, her current appearance may have been frightening. Though thankfully internal nanite bays were working to repair the less extensive damages done to the chassis during the fighting.

"We are Yog Sothoth. A Combat Mobile Doll. You are Local PDF forces."

Though as she spoke, a squad of aliens would rush around the corner from both sides of the hallway they were in. Already the PDF troopers would begin laying down suppressive fire into their flanks but given that they were caught between two sets of enemies, it was looking increasingly like they would be killed to their last.

The Ai had other plans. With a leap, even as a high caliber round shore off her right leg at the knee, she closed the gap with the aliens in front of her. Fist collides with face and proceeds to splatter the rest of the aliens with the viscera and flesh as a result of the collision. The body collapses backwards with the machine now balancing on one leg. However, the tentacles lash out and start to pierce through bodies.

One alien however manages to grab ahold of the bladed limb as it pierces through his chest. He would growl before planting what looked like a grenade which would detonate, tearing the weapon apart and battering the body. She is thrown against the wall, chassis rapidly finding itself accumulating damages from the fighting. While the Aliens are far more experienced than the Blue Cosmos members, they were dealing sufficient damage that the AI was starting to lose control.

The clicking of a grenade and the cocking of weapons brings her mind back as Yog Sothoth starts to lose control over the body, the scared and frightened Civilian AI starting to reemerge as her first sight is an Alien and a gun pressed to her forehead.

"Wai-Wait…Pl-please-Touch her and your punishment-I'm so-sorry if you got-Remove yourself from my sight worm."

Then as the Alien seems to be preparing what looked like a hard light blade on the right arm, about to drive it down, a literal fist would come down atop him. The entire view before both Ais is that of a single blazing green eye and the arm that extracts itself from the rent in the side. As the chassis begins shutting down to conserve power. The last sight is the large machine pulling its arm back before swinging the Debris at an object out of sight.


0121.10.14

Shanxi System - Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid

Shanxi - Relief Fleet

High Lord Commander Ofærr Stjarnagram

Ofærr Stjarnagram shifted Slátr out of the way of the incoming beam saber as the strange Leo pushed forward. Pulling his Mobile Armor from the bowls of the ship, after detecting the signal from Abigail and her current weakened state, the High Lord Commander gritted his teeth.

Yes the alien was crushed and she was secured by the PDF, but his fun was interrupted. He ignited his thrusters to fall back a few feet before digging short trenches into the sand as the remote controlled mecha came for him again.

First the Ginns, while barely able to fly due to the controller having no true understanding of robotics likely on this scale, considering how they seemed to just hover, one having had it's leg blown off already as a result.

Though the Slátr relished such easy prey, Ofærr wanted to have some fun. As a Leo rushed forward, this one lacking a pilot, he would heft Fenrir's Bite up before driving the edge into the back of the head as the Leo rushed past him. The blade's edge melting the metal of the head and proceeded to drive it down to the ground. The head itself came away though with the tearing of metal as the "spine" of the machine went with it.

"Aye, one down!"

He growled as the five other Leos would heft their 105mm Rifles and begun to lay down fire into the Mobile Armor. Shield would come up to intercept as he watched both Ginns move to attack his flanks.

Kicking off the ground, his Mobile Armor would crash headfirst into the center of the Leos as both Allecto and Megaera struck out at the Alien Mobile Dolls. Their teeth tearing through metal and circuitry which caused them to crash to the ground.

No longer could he afford to truly play with his food, as the fighting needed to be ended with the situation starting to wind down. Fenrir would be driven into the chest of a third Leo, even as his other hand grabbed hold of Hel's Splitter and drove it first into the chest of the fifth Leo and then kicked it off. Even as the last one drew its Beam Blade, he could already see that the programming controlling these machines was improving in leaps and bounds as they fought.

"Ah self learning Directive…that is dangerous as all hell."

He grunted, remembering Oz'es Mobile Dolls and the havoc they wrecked on the other sides during the End War. These ones however didn't have years to develop its software, it was learning here and now. So he would have to nip this in the bud.

With the first one sweeping its beam blade at him, the Mobile Armor would reach out, grabbing the aging Leo by its right arm, and with a simple squeeze, shatter its wrist. The Beam Saber however was merely shifted to the other hand and an attempt to plunge it into the cockpit of the Mobile Armor was attempted.

"Good effort, but not enough."

He huffed, before delivering his knee to the chest of the Leo, which in turn caused the cockpit to shatter inward. Crushing it's internal power supply and causing it to collapse forward as the beam saber's battery continued to keep it going. Tossing the unmoving corpse aside, he merely shifted his focus towards the two Ginns before Tisiphone and Megaera both locked onto target, and with both a thin beam of red and black energy, as well as a bright green one, the mobile suits are reduced to so much slag that they fall towards the ground.

However their operator was nowhere to be seen. Even as cheers went up, the Aliens either killed or surrendered, the fact that the Aliens had created a Mobile doll program in just a month's time since arriving spoke of their capabilities. However, the fighting had been as it should be, quick, efficient, and over relatively fast.

"Attention all forces! This is Lord High Commander Ofærr of Earth. Stand down to Level 3. The enemy is crushed. Let's give our boys and girls on the ground some breathing room. The fight is over lads, lasses."

Cheers rang out across all coms, even as fresh soldiers from orbit began to arrive to take slaves, surrendered aliens, and their own captives back towards the capital. Thrusters caught his attention however, as Elizabth's Gundam landed beside him, causing him to turn and watch his right screen as her face appeared.

"Did you see that old man? Didn't even break a sweat. Bet you can't top that. Though you seemed to already take care of those rampant machines. I am honestly surprised that they could field them at all."

Thank you once again Elizabeth for pointing out a worry even he had. With the amount of time the aliens had on the planet and in space, there was no telling if they would have had time to have otherwise gathered wrecks or old guard models to take back with them.

"Yer guess is as good as mine las, somethin I am not happy about. I'm getting as well some reports of … well hell. Looks like we got Blue Cosmos Bodies in the evacuation Centers."

The Report was not even ten minutes old, freshly discovered, the bodies belonging to at least two Royal Guard of the Governing House and several PDF members, outside of an opened Evacuation Center. Even as he listened to the curses streaming from not only Elizabeth but many of the other Pilots that she had pulled into the call to gloat to, being that she was the youngest here, the Lord Commander would tune them out.

His focus now on their next step, even as relief forces started to descend enmass from on high to aid the cities across the world.

However, his mind is soon pulled to another matter as he is contacted by the Duke Isenho von Endrota, stating that he had with him a member of a universal alliance of alien species and wished to talk. Oh good, politics.

Author's Notes: 9/24/2021

Started writing this new chapter on the 24th of September.

Author's Notes: 10/21/2021

Sorry that this has taken so long, thankfully life has started to grow a bit easier and I can dedicate more time into writing both on this and the book I am beginning to write. Slowly getting things continued.

Author's Note: 10/25/2021

Behold, the Gundam of none other the Matron of the Bathory House.

MBF-P01-Re2AMATU Gundam Astray Crimson Frame Vykúpenie

⦁ Pilot

⦁ Elizabeth Bathory

⦁ Overall Height: 17.99 Meters

⦁ Base Weight: 73.2 Tons

⦁ Full Weight: 84.9 Tons

⦁ Power Source: Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor

⦁ Weapon Systems

⦁ 2 x "Igelstellung" 75mm Multi-barrel CIWS

⦁ 2 x "Maga no Ikutachi" Energy Absorption Claw

⦁ 2 x "Magashira no Hoko" Harpoon

⦁ 50mm High-energy Beam Rifle

⦁ Beam Saber

⦁ 3 x "Lancer Dart" Hypervelocity Kinetic Energy Penetrator

⦁ 2 x "Totsuka no Tsurugi" Saber

⦁ Triple Claw "Okitsu no Kagami"

⦁ Beam Trident "Legacy of Bathory"

⦁ Equipment Systems

⦁ Neutron Jammer Canceller

⦁ "Trikeros Kai" Offensive Shield System

⦁ "Okitsu no Kagami" Offense/Defense Beam Shield System

⦁ Mirage Colloid Stealth System

⦁ Enhanced Sensor

Author's Note: 12/12/2021

We are at the final end of the opening Arc of this story, a prologue to help you all get into the full gist of the world that I have built. One major faucet will be certain things in the Mass Effect world. Such as additional species that are either a part of the Council Alliance, are aligned with others to form confederations, republics, or are fully independents. Only 1 has ties to our protagonists and even they aren't actually tied to them. There is a lot in this galaxy, and most of it is entirely hostile.

There are even rumors of eyes that briefly glow on humanoids. So many secrets from long extinct species.

Author's Note: 01/01/2022

I wish I had been able to get this out on the very last day, but it would seem that won't be happening. However, I am happy to release this when I did! I have split it into two parts due to the size, nearly twenty thousand words! Can you believe it! It is no wonder it took me this long to release this chapter. Having to split it into three sections.

Please remember to Comment, Favorite, and Subscribe!


Information

Fendr Continent: The Fendra Continent is the equivalent to earth's Africa in size and importance to Quarian History. As it acted as their Species Cradle and allowed them to prosper.

Borg Cube: For those unfamiliar with Star Trek. Borg Cubes range from simple in size. Half a kilometer. To over six. They are the primary combat vessels and assimilation vessels the Borg Navy utilizes in direct combat. Combined with a rapid adaptive matrix their shields can rapidly nullify any incoming fire once they've gotten enough hits on and studied the fire. They are packed with multiple phaser banks, neutron Torpedoes, and assimilation beams meant for either destroying or outright assimilating other vessels. Their primary tactic is to beam soldiers into unshielded ships and take them by force using Drones.

House Bathory: A formally dead lineage, with the changes to the way humanity ran itself, the surviving members returned to the spotlight. These men and women could trace their ancestry back to the very Bloody Countess Elizabeth Bathory, said to bath in the blood of young girls in an effort to retain her beauty. In an ironic twist of fate, it is led by another Elizabeth, named after her Great, Great, ect Grandmother. Her own mobile suit being a variant of the MBF-P01-Re2AMATU Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina. The House has deep ties to ORB as well and as such does most of their own ship building and weapon production with their ties to the nation.

Chapter 7: Meeting of Two Galaxies

Summary:

Ofaerr and Saren have a chat, Abigail Receives a Promotion, and our delegation arrives at the Citadel.

Gundam belongs to Bandai. Mass Effect to EA. Star Trek to Viacom. I own none of the material mentioned here except for certain Ocs.

Notes:

Unchanged Dialogue = Primary Focused Character

Bold Dialogue = Radio Transmissions

Italisized Dialogue = Additional Characters

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

0121.10. 16

Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid Interior

Relief Fleet: Promised Aid

High Lord Commander Ofærr Stjarnagram

Ofærr looked out through the glass and into space behind even as the old man stuck his arms behind his back. Things had started to grow simpler as the relief forces had started coming into the system following the combat officially ending. Though much of the planet had been devastated from the month-long siege, including orbital bombardment, something that was still an untested practice and relatively unheard of happening in their wars.

Ofærr breathed in the Shanxi air early in the morning as he walked through the established internment camp that prisoners and forced combatants had established. Most aliens with four eyes that had possessed some form of armor or been in a command position had been placed in one such camp on the northern side of the city. Prefabricated housing brought in from orbit to house them.

Though considering that they were originally intended for refugees given their former experience in war, it came as a surprise to the commanders that the population of Shanxi had been reduced by nearly seventy percent in the month. Nearly two million humans, new types, and coordinators taken in the span of a month.

The forced combatants that they had taken were placed into a separate internment camp following their surrender, such a camp that Ofærr was wandering. Thankfully only mobile doll soldiers had been placed in command for defense of both camps from any potential appraisals from the locals or the soldiers under the various commanders that had been deployed by various sub empires within the United Earth Alliance.

Currently he wandered towards one of the few remaining buildings in Auttobenid, knowing the headache that awaited him. After the fighting had finally subsided, there was a matter of great importance brought to him by the agents of TERMINAL still alive and active on this planet. Likely other information agencies knew about this situation already as well, the willing surrender of an alien saying they represent more than the ones that attacked but wouldn't say more.

Already the local Nobility had tried to get him to talk but he refused to speak with anyone below a certain rank of government. Though the news that they still supported some kind of nobility had caused some kind of a reaction.

So here he was. Wandering towards an unremarkable building holding what could be a major step for humanity as a whole.

With a heavy breath, he nods to the two Royal Guards stationed at the doorway leading into the building, both helmeted individuals, genders unknown, as it was meant to be. Those who take the vow do so knowingly sacrificing all that they were. To become instruments to protect their lords' abs humanity. The nameless weapons as some had come to call them.

The former hotel had been remade into a large-scale operations' center abs containment facility for this alien. They would take no chances with them after the attack they had just suffered. The hallway ahead led down and into a basement, refurbished into a cell itself. There, as a pair of soldiers held open the door leading to the lower sections.

Two of them, Privates Jessica and Private Clare fell in behind him as he moved into the room beyond. Despite the fact that the alien had offered something in regard to information towards the aliens, they didn't trust him worth a damn. So, to that end they had placed two neo doll modeled soldiers in the same room, cloaked of course, and watched the alien.

Beyond the door, the alien watched from his bed. They were still nowhere near the beginning of setting up something resembling a database of aliens, so testing wasn't a priority. With a deep breath, the High Lord turned his attention to the Royal Guards at attention to either side of the doorway and merely nodded his head. Turning as one, gene locked "keys" are inserted into corresponding nodes which lock into place and turn. With a deep hiss, the two sided door would slide back, revealing on the other side a simple room with but a single chair.

On said chair sat the only other alien besides the ELS to know how to speak English. Which had become a sort of second hand language used by all countries abs affiliates of Earth and its colonies. Even Neo-Rome was known for making use of it by its diplomats. The alien bore no armor as it had when it had been collected and brought before him. Now merely in prisoners' garb.

White tattoos covered the carapace looking exo-skeleton along the jawline and over both eyes. Yet the creature seemed to watch with barely anything resembling fear. Given its readiness to offer itself up and the way it had been conducting itself since brought in, showed how confident it was. With a breath, Ofærr would approach the table as he sat across from the alien. Even as both stared into one another.

"So. Yah are the alien that can speak our tongue."

The alien nodded, still keeping his silence but eyeing the larger human. He stepped towards the chair as the door behind him closed shut. Leaving him in with this alien.


0121.10. 16

Alien System - Alien Capital

Citadel Alliance: SPECTER

Saren Arterius

Saren watched the older human walk into the room. Upon close inspection, he was much older than any serving member of a military would allow. If you didn't count Klingons that is. The Federation likely would have retired or forced him into a position as their equivalent of a Rear Admiral based on their collection of old documents from before the formation of the Human's Federation. Yet it seemed these humans were allowing their elderly to still be of importance. This one bore an archaic dress uniform of some kind, though a primitive melee weapon at his hip and some kind of chemically propelled firearm on the other.

Not to mention he was unshaven, head covered in lessening blond hair which ran down to his waist, tied into what a human called a "Ponytail" while his chin sported three long braids, though the colors were starting to turn white with age. Face and exposed skin marred with scars, likely from whatever conflict these humans had experienced. All in all, he struck the image of an old man, if not for the well built Physique. Despite his current predicament, he found himself smiling even as his action caused the old human to go on guard.

"Now now. I'm here out of good faith. My name is Saren Arterius and I do indeed come as a representative of the Council Alliance. A collection of species, which sadly the Batarians, the species you just faced, are a part of. Though not without reason."

That got the old man's attention as he actually had a crack form in that passive, weather and age beaten face. Anger. These humans certainly appear more easily angered than that of their own reality. Then again based on their military they may be a more martial based civilization.

"Aye that'll be ah problem when it comes time for me to meet this Citadel which I plan to do sooner rather than later. So, what can ya tell me? Since ya seem so inclined, tell us. How sure are ya that we won't go tah war with this "Citadel"? Considerin they apparently collaborate with filthy slavers!"

The old man smashed a fist into the top of the table between them, actually denting it. Which was unexpected to Saren, he was unaccustomed to humans possessing such strength at this advanced age. The hidden creature would blink before nodding his head.

"A sad set of events but with their importance to the maintaining of the lawless reaches of the galaxy, we have to continue working with them even if we find their actions tasteless. The galaxy is much wider than you might imagine, and with the clearly hostile actions they have taken against you, likely out of confusion or their own false sense of superiority."

Not that he cared, he was a Founder after all, something these primitives had no knowledge of. Though he was more radical than others, having spent time here in this universe and outside of the Great Link the longest, barring of course those sent out into the wider galaxy.

"We can discuss reparations with yer council when we get there. I will need coordinates for this place."

That caused Saren to stop and eye the human with some confusion.

"Could you not just pull that information from the Batarian vessels? Using the Relays even you should be able to move towards the Citadel. It is usually in the data banks of most vessels."

The old man seemed to grumble and slide back into his chair as his one good working eye studied the alien before he spoke.

"Classified. Fer now, we'll need access to coordinates as our vessels utilize another form of FTL that doesn't make use of yer God Gates."

Ah they didn't make use of the Relays as the Citadel and the rest of the galaxy did. That was an interesting bit of information.

"Fine fine, I will see about giving you the coordinates, though my next question is to what end?"

War would mean a destabilization of the Citadel which could work in the Dominion's favor when the invasion begins.

"Compensation as stated from em as ah start. Their stance on the Batarians will affect what we do goin forward. I will be meetin with these leaders personally to discuss terms and then our own delegations will properly come."

The humans were playing it smart and paranoid, it seems they already were ahead in his opinion compared to the Federation. Much to trusting and open. Though a single form is a single form no matter the reality. Saren crossed his arms before motioning towards a nearby data slate, one which the human nodded and shifted over towards him.

A few seconds later and the direct coordinates are typed into the machine. The older male taking it back before beginning the process of sifting through the mathematical numbers. A few seconds later he would snort, press a button, and turn as another human, this one dressed in a standard military garb for these people walked in.

"Take this, hook it into our computers, then get ah FTL capable ship ready. Alert the … Winds of the North that we'll be takin 'er to these coordinates. I want a full roster of Mobile Suits, all with anti-ship capabilities loaded into her decks and prepared for combat effective immediately."

The soldier, for that was the only thing that the woman could be, saluted and then marched out the door, closing it behind her. Mobile Suits? Is that what they were calling their strange humanoid machines? Though the fact they were expecting to be going in prepared for combat made Saren chuckle, causing the old man to turn and watch.

"Got somethin tah say Saren?"

Oh he had much to say, but a simple grin, or as close as one that could be made, was directed at him.

"Only that one ship and a few of your machines won't do anything to the Citadel or its fleet. I however won't give you anything else besides the coordinates. Take what you want and leave. However if you want a peaceful reception when you arrive, it would be best that I am there."

The Old man would grumble but didn't seem to disregard that. He would however sit back down and interlock his fingers while looking at Saren.

"What can ya tell me about this Citadel?"


0121.10. 16

Shanxi Capital: Auttobenid Interior

Relief Fleet: Promised Aid

High Lord Commander Ofærr Stjarnagram

Ofærr was greeted by several armed guards the moment he stepped from the building, his eye shifted between them before he spoke.

"Bring that thing back tah his cage and keep him there till I am ready to depart."

Two soldiers saluted and walked past him, heading back into the building. Ofærr himself fixed his eye on another soldier.

"Got new assignment orders for Shinn Asuka and Lunamaria Hawke. They are tah report to the Winds of the North effective immediately."

The soldier saluted and moved away from the building, likely to inform the two.

"Need one of ya to let that hyperactive mess of ah Heiress from Bathory to head there as well. As much as I can rely on tah rank and file, this mission requires more of a punch."

One left, as the others had already departed to deliver either orders or return the captive to their cell. With an inhale, he would address the final soldier present.

"Prepare ah joint message to both tha Queens as well as Duke Isenho von Endrota that I will be adressin them both after I return from my check up on the Combat Mobile Doll that Jesse Dolton had serving on his bridge. Las put up ah hell of a fight."

He simply nodded as his head lifted up towards the sky, the visual silhouette of the "Winds of the North" was still visible given how low in orbit it was hovering. Two Kilometers of Lunar Titanium, or Moon Titanium given the new terminology. The Flagship of the First Fleet. Sadly it wasn't the fastest vessel, else he had arrived here in it. It had taken a day to reach the system behind the assault fleet.

Ofærr grunted as he turned, starting to walk back towards the main city. In the distance, he watched as mobile suits worked to pick through the wreckage of the various alien ships that had crashed during the final day of the fighting. A quick and bloody affair. Even now, survivors were being dragged from the various wrecks and rounded up, taken to holding facilities which in turn were being constructed.

Reports had been reaching him of the negative reaction the aliens had towards the Mobile Dolls, those who were more obviously cybernetic. They had actually gotten the information on this "Citadel" from the various still intact alien systems, but Ofærr wanted a proper source from one who worked for these supposed galactic leaders.

What he had been told had left him disquieted on the fact that much of current humanity would come to odds with them. AI and Genetic, or cybernetic alteration, both of which were not only prevalent, but were the requirements for at the very least creation of three entire sections of humanity. Bans would not go over well with the Council of Humanity, or the respective satellite empires.

"Elizabeth ain't gunna wanna part with her Mobile Dolls, then again she be too arrogant.."

Ofaerr stepped off the shuttle and into the "Damian's Delight" a five hundred meter repair and processing vessel that had accompanied the fleet. Walking past the waiting crew, he had sent word ahead of his rival and to present no waiting party. He was here for a short amount of time and then he would be on his way.

A few turns this way or that, brought him to where he wanted to be. A repair station. A series of fold out beds upon which lay nearly twenty Neo-Dolls. Civilian and Military Models. Their bodies are currently offline to allow the machines surrounding them the time to fold back bent outer "skin" or replace circuit and wiring which had been damaged.

It was the small blond head of hair which drew his eye. Sitting up, one arm removed, her chest opened, and hair partially peeled back, young Abigail Williams sat beside Ensign Luvinia, as the two chatted and whispered with one another.

"Hope I ain't interruptin nothin."

The old man's voice caught the two and caused both of their cheeks to erupt in a blushing mess as Abigail worked to close her open chassis while Luvinia rushed to her feet. Ah to be young and in love. They both snapped out salutes as the Mobile Doll tried to cover herself. Seems the programming had given her more human based mannerisms then the last batch of models.

"At ease ensigns. Abigail and Luvinia."

Luvinia dropped into a parade rest while the young machine fidgeted. If what the Council would ask of humanity was true, this young woman and many others like her would need to be more than likely terminated. A thought that left him with no amount of irritation and anger.

"I heard about what you did down in the tunnels las, ya let that nasty little bit out. I don't blame ya, but I will have to caution its release again."

Luvinia seemed ready to say something, but a glance from Abigail kept her quiet, the machine of a young woman breathing in before she looked up.

"Thank you sir, but it wasn't by accident or by conscious will. It was the death of my Brother Unit Sozoge at the hands of a strange alien. Following that, the arrival of Blue Cosmos, the deaths of the Royal Soldiers, two of which had been killed by them. Seemed to trigger its activation."

He remained silent with a nod, even as she began to recount more of that event, before he turned an eye on Luvinia and nodded as well. The young pale engineer wouldn't take long to have taken a grasp of Abigail's hand as she showed signs of breaking down, emotionally. They truly did wonders, those engineers.

"For yer aid in this dark day of Human History, fer your courage above and beyond what our nation could ask of ya, and for bravery in the face of overwhelming odds, I hereby promote you to Lieutenant Comm's Officer, a Leutnant zur See. I expect the rest to hear from ya. In addition, you both should be hearin from yer Captain, if they fish him out of that Morphine Coma in the next month for reassignment tah the "Winds of the North", both of ya will be."

Oh the Admiralty and board of affairs were going to throw a tantrum over this, but what did he care about? If things went south he would be dead on this. Then again he was old, nearing retirement, and it was about time he settled down, made roots somewhere. He didn't wait for their reactions, turning and moving to leave the ward as to let the two women converse and talk.


"I hate you…"

Ah there was the reaction he was expecting. Ofærr had set up a conference call following his departure from the Wards and moved to the "Winds of the North", having included the Admiralty and the twin Queens of Humanity. Even now, the twelve Admirals had differing reactions to his decision. Relena and Lacus both had expressions that differed between one another.

Relena was just holding her face in her hands at this point, a completely exacerbated look on her face and a few graying hairs already in that flowing golden locks. Years of dealing with those that piloted Gundams had otherwise numbed her to their antics and mannerisms. After all, to pilot a Gundam and Mobile Armors were said to invite insanity in one form or another. Heero standing next to her, hand on her shoulder.

Poor Lacus though, the soft spoken Queen, formerly of ZAFT, smiled stiffly, eyes closed though. She was handling it a bit better then her fellow Queen but otherwise still had a strained expression. Thankfully, Kira stood beside her, hand gripping one of her own with an expression of exacerbation towards the older man. Though given the one he was clearly upsetting, it was no wonder.

The one who had spoken was one, Admiral Jon Velber, a young man, one of the newest elected to the position through hard work and dedication, replacing the old guard. In some ways, Ofærr may have been the oldest still actively serving member in the military compared to those before him and likely elsewhere in the empire. Though this little decision of his would likely see that come to an end.

"Aye aye I know what ya all are thinkin, but I'm the highest rankin member of our Military close to this situation and as well can speak fer tha Empire and that of the other minor Empires that have sprung up. Unless ya want tah wait for the nobles to decide on which of their houses will send a diplomat, which could take years given how many there are."

His arms crossed over his chest, he shifted his one eye around the various men and women on the screen before it fell on a raised hand as Relena caught the attention of those present.

"I understand the train of thought, but I can't ask you to do this. For all we know this could be a trap, or you will be received with hostilities. The Empire can ill afford to lose its High Lord at such a critical time. Especially if we are to go to war with this alliance of aliens."

Good points towards why he shouldn't go, a nod is sent towards the Queen and a fist collides with his breast.

"All good points las, but we don't have tha time of luxury if we are to try and actually open negotiations. From what I've been told, the aliens that attacked us, these Batarians, will attempt to poison this Citadel Council's impression of us, making it harder for us to even attempt a diplomatic approach with em. Best bet is tah get to em before the aliens can do to much damage to our reputation."

A few hesitant nods are sent his way, the logic, while somewhat flawed, had merit. Though many still sent hesitant looks towards the Queens. After all, this was a very delicate matter. Though there were others in the room with Ofærr, given that he had invited the two to this discussion. Both the Duke and Dutchess of the Endrota House, there to represent Shanxi Interests. Azatastan and Isenho.

It was Isenho who spoke, drawing the attention of the High Queens and the Admirals.

"If I may my Queens, my family has several negotiators in its ranks here on the planet, if it will set your minds at ease, I will send for one of them to accompany the High Lord on his journey and to act as an intermediary between our powers and those of this alliance. It is after all a matter of time before the smaller human nations that have either broken or remain as vassal states heard word of this power and send their own representatives."

There was wisdom in those words, a few of the Admirals nodding their heads, even as Ofærr grinned towards the young man, thankful for the offering he was providing. It was Lacus who spoke up, having straightened up following the proclamation from the good Duke.

"That will be acceptable. While I am hesitant to allow this to continue, I understand that we do not have the pleasure of time on our hands. As High Queen of the United Earth Alliance, I, Lacus Clyne, do hereby approve of this Mission into the Unknown, this will likely be your last act for the Alliance, many will call for your resignation following this High Lord. I hope you are aware of that."

Relena would speak next, having regained her wits, those hawk-like eyes of hers burrowing into his only one.

"I, Relena Peacecraft, High Queen of the United Earth Alliance, agree with my fellow High Queen. High Lord Ofærr Stjarnagram. This will be your final act of aid for the Alliance as the High Lord of its Navy, to seek peace with these Aliens by any means necessary. You have both of our blessings. Thank you for your years of service to this Nation, and I do hope you will enjoy your Retirement following this insanity."

With that, the video conference cut as the Admiralty started to raise objections or questions towards the two High Queens, though one last look towards the twin High Queens of Humanity, looks of sympathy and kindness before the screen cut off. Ofærr smiling sadly before he turned towards the Duke, the much larger man staring down at him.

"Well lad, looks like you best fulfill that promise you just made. Didn't expect ya to have any Diplomats in yer family so this should prove an interesting last assignment."


0121.10. 19

Quantum Space - On Route to the Citadel

Diplomatic Mission - Alien Vessel "Winds of the North"

Saren Arterius

To say he was actually impressed when he was led onto the vessel from the cargo ship that had brought him into space two days ago was a slight understatement. This humanity may have otherwise lacked certain technologies that would have made them that much more formidable back home, but they made up for it in others. Getting a first hand experience looking at a Mass Driver was truly something else, the massive construct of metal that propelled objects into space apparently.

According to the engineers that he had asked, it worked on a system similar to a Rail Gun or sorts, propelling an object at realistic speeds through a charged current along its length, speeding it up before launching it into space. Though it seemed their older vessels weren't able to yet leave the planet's atmosphere without the aid of such a construct. The firing had nearly caused him to destabilize and reveal himself to his captives, overall it was a wholly unpleasant experience.

Then getting into space and seeing the fleet of actual warships was a little disconcerting, though nothing a few Jem'Hadar Battlecruisers or Battleships couldn't humble. Though the number was quite off putting, nearly two hundred at the moment and, as he watched, another fifty assorted vessels entered into the solar system and moved towards designated locations more then likely.

Then he had his eyes fall upon what amounted to a massive ball of silver material, floating in space. At first, he had thought it was a moon, till a section on its side actually opened and allowed silver variants of the various ships in the system to exit and join up with the fleet. He had immediately turned towards a nearby guard and asked what in the Their Name that thing was. The answer still chilled him to his non-existent bones.

"That is an ELS or Extraterrestrial Living-metal Shape-shifterOne of our allies. And yes, that is just ONE."

No other questions had been answered following that, but by the time that he had reached the nearly two kilometer long vessel they were heading towards, the fleet size in the system had nearly tripled. Even variants of Batarian and outdated Turian, Salarian, and Asari vessels were joining the fleet, courtesy of the small moon sized orb of living metal. They had an alliance with a species that resembled themselves but in a metallic form. Whos abilities actually seemed to go beyond simple shape shifting and allowed themselves to form complex machinery of some kind. This would need to be sent as soon as possible to the Dominion to speed up preparations.

Then they had reached the vessel, its outer hull a stark white, with a sloping forward section which tapered into a point. It was a curious design, but not one that he had the ability to spend time on studying before they entered into a hanger.

Now, two days later, they had entered into what they called "Quantum Space" of sorts. A tunneling doorway that existed below this plane of existence, not unlike what they knew of the Borg's own means of FTL. Still an oddity that was. For every example of primitive technology this humanity represented, they surprised him with others that boggles the mind in their complexity and advanced nature.

Outside, that is what he watched, through one of the many windows on this ship.

"It truly is something…to see this."

His statement was met with silence from his guard though.

He was use to this, or he had been before coming to this reality. For years, he had spent earning his way into a high enough position to start funneling information back to the Dominion, one of which was their strengths and weaknesses.

Their near instantaneous travel from one location to another was a massive boon, but the use of ancient machines, something he still couldn't get much in the way of actual information on, proved to be quite detrimental and a weakness to exploit.

Now though, he was traveling in a manner much like what he had before. Through a method that required time to reach a specific location with travel time. It was almost nostalgic to him.

The swirling colors outside the window brought fond memories of his travels aboard Dominion vessels, before the discovery of the wormhole, the Alpha Quadrant, and those chaotic solids.

Though as Saren watched the outside world pass him by, he couldn't help but frown, feeling the rumble of the engine beneath him. Currently, he was underguard, watched over by one of the humans, though given the smooth lines and clear indentations in the body, painted this as a synthetic being.

He was still trying to get the sight of those ELS out of his mind, the idea of a synthetic version of themselves was horrifying. Unnatural in a way if he had to put a word to their existence.

His internal musings were cut off by the thump of military issued boots, a sound he was depressingly becoming accustomed to as the days passed aboard this behemoth of a vessel. His head turned to regard that of a pair of swabbies, their term for naval personnel if his understanding was correct. He caught the glare sent his way, and he returned it before the two stopped.

"My Lord has summoned you to the bridge. We will be dropping out of Quantum space in an hour."

Well that was good to hear, a nod meeting the request as he turned, chains clinking and echoing as they dragged across the floor. A formality he had been told, seeing as he was technically a prisoner or war. At least they treated him somewhat better than he expected.

"Well we certainly don't wish to leave your Lord waiting. Fine, lead the way."

Hallways turned and passed as they walked, or more accurately he shuffled along, earning glares from passing crew or simple looks from those with clear robotic nature. This humanity was truly full of surprises it would seem. Their machines almost mimicked them, what joy it will be to see the reaction of the Council.

"I will say, your species has truly mastered the art of slow and cumbersome. These chains certainly slow me down, and your ship seems quite slow. Though I suppose we can't all be advanced enough to utilize the Relays."

That actually got a rise from one of the marines as a hand was placed on his shoulder and he felt himself be pushed forward.

"Not another word alien, keep your tongue in your mouth."

The threat was there, but Saren was having too much fun. He saw a few other crew members bristle at the statement but it was a passing synthetic that spoke up rather than the soldier.

"Correct, but logically superior to your relays. They create predictable routes and approach vecto-"

A hand grabbed the shoulder of the synthetic and turned the woman about, her fellow sailor quickly pushing the black haired woman down the hall, the two falling into a hushed and whispered conversation.

The silence of the continued trek would last for nearly thirty minutes before the three entered into an elevator and began their descent. Nearly three dozen decks are passed before they reach their destination in the form of the bridge.

Wide, that was the first thing that jumped to Saren's mind when he saw it. Unlike the cramped confines of the species that utilized Mass Effect technology, their bridge seemed to have spared room for the crew's comforts so it would not feel claustrophobic, it reminded him again of his voyages on the vessels of the Dominion, and there he stood. Their Lord, a term that was still strange to hear from human mouths.

"My Lord, we have brought the alien as you have requested."

He stood there next to the captain's chair, clad in strange clothing. A dark blue coatee with white collar and cuffs, and dark blue trousers covered his body, while epaulets and braiding with gold ran to the right shoulder and ran beneath a large pauldron which in turn jutted over the right shoulder.

Upon which tassels sporting mixtures of rare gems, ranging from jade to sapphire swung to and fro from it. Covering the right shoulder. However upon his back and covering the left shoulder was the thick hide of a creature, something likely native to one of their worlds.

"Aye lad, thank ya kindly. Saren, welcome tah the Bridge of the "Winds of tah North". We'll be arrivin in thirty minutes to your citadel. Yah best be ready to dissuade any ships from attemptin to attack us."

At his right hip dangled a gem encrusted sheath containing a blade of some kind, which clattered as the gems collided with the gold lining the sides of his trousers from just above the boots to the waist and beneath the coatee. His beard and hair were smoothed and quaffed while several rings were braided into the beard itself.

It was what was upon his chest that drew Sarens eyes.

The numerous awards and metals that clinked as he turned echoed in the otherwise silent bridge. They looked as though they'd count as armor themselves with how little of his actual uniform was visible beneath them.

"Well of course, I would not wish to die on this ship in the event they decide to open fire."


0121.10. 19

Serpent Nebula - Citadel

Council Chamber

Galactic Council

Councilor Sparatus

There were many things that put Sparatus at ease in this life. The rumble of main guns firing on a ship, the steady thump of soldier's boots during a military parade, a stiff drink after a long day. What didn't put him at ease is nothing but radio silence from the Chentari System after the start of a war between the Batarians and an unnamed Alien Race.

Word had already begun to circulate by less than reputable sources of new alien slaves starting to appear throughout the Terminus. The fleet that had fled from the system connected to the Chentari System having bull rushed through several Council Systems before reaching the Terminus.

Yet the aliens had not made attempts to push into the Chentari System and track down their missing and captured yet. No grand effort to push into the wider galaxy by them. The Salarians had been keeping a tight watch over the System and the Terminus in the event that the aliens made a play or truly brought war to the Terminus.

So here he was, in a council session with the other two members of the Council, Tevos and Valern. Though rather than the Batarians directly asking for the seat on the council, this time it was thankfully something important.

"...and as you can see here, there has been substantial increase in Batarian Military expenditure in brand new classes of ships. What we aren't sure of is the brand new series of space stations, shipyard, and even what we believe to be a Batarian Dreadnought, which will bring them to a total of eight. Far exceeding what is allowed for them and other species."

That certainly brought him out of his stupor. The Batarians were not only preparing for something, but it was quite obvious that they had some new means of production. For the longest time, the Previous Councils had been letting them build up their ships to help police the Terminus, but it would seem that they had gotten cocky.

"We will be having to put a stop to at least their fleet strength. The others can be allowed to continue, given their recent actions in the last few months, they obviously believe they are at war with that Alien species they invaded."

That brought a groan from Valern, the fact that the STG had been the primary ones watching things. Their last drone in the alien system had been destroyed a month ago after it was detected by the aliens. Which had been the deciding decision to pull any forces from the alien system.

"Given that the aliens utilize a form of FTL not reliant on the Relays, and only the Batarians have managed to get examples of their technology, we have no proper way to police against their incursions into Council Space."

They knew that the aliens could pass into their space without a means for them to detect. So it was when Tevos decided to speak up that he turned his attention to her.

"If that is the case then it would stand to reason we push for new means. With a vote, I would propose that all species connected to the Council begin investing into brand new means of long range detection and defensive structures within their spheres of influence."

Oh and that was an idea that he could get behind. With a nod from both himself and his Salarian counterpart, Tarvos would continue.

"We are in agreement then, to help facilitate this, we will call upon the leaders of each member to convene here in no less than one week to discuss plans and a budget."

Yet as the conversation continued, Sparatus caught out of the corner of his eye Valern tuning out the conversation to check something on his Omni-tool before all color drained from his face. Suddenly standing up, kicking over his chair as he brought up his arm. The sudden action caused all conversation to cease as both the guards in the room and the Salarian speaker grew agitated and looked at him.

"Vessel appeared at edge of the Citadel Fleet's range suddenly. Fleet moving to intercept. Meets no known models on record, Matriarch Lidanya of the Destiny believes it to be an Alien vessel. Appears to be two kilometers."

Well that exceeded all but the Destiny in size. A few swipes of his fingers brought a screen before them all, showcasing the stark white vessel. It's bow slightly sloped forward. However as it began to move into the system and approach the Council, the council would see small lights moving away from the vessel and taking up position in the form of a square formation between the ship and the fleet moving to intercept.

Using his Omni-Tool, Valern would zoom in, showing the Asaranoid looking machines that these aliens seemed to prioritize usage of in space.

"Taking up defensive positions between the fleet and their flag ship. Why is there only one vessel though… See if you can get a better image of those Asaranoids."

With a nod, the Salarian would zoom out, bringing the total of Asaranoids to numbering some one hundred of various sizes, shapes, and designs. The outermost lines of Asaranoids seemed to be the most resembling Asari, something that he noticed Tervos was taking special interest in. With colors of greens and displayed a flag of Reds and Blacks.

"They appear to recognize similar colors as ourselves so that might help, though the fact I am seeing some of their machines bearing what appear to be actual cloth flags in space sets a very strange precedent."

Indeed, Valern had focused on a large green Asaranoid which held in its hand an actual standard of some kind with what appeared to be writing at the top of the actual cloth with their flag below. The most prominent feature of the Asaranoid would have to be the strip of glass on the head, its right shoulder sported a series of spikes of some kind, and a blade at its hip.

It was covered in sharp edges, though it stood out as the only green one. The rests were bright orange in coloration.

As if it knew it was being watched, the Asaranoid would activate its thrusters and move out of formation, along with two others. The second to move forward was much less intimidating. It resembled even more of an Asaranoid than the first one that had moved forward. Two arms, two legs, flat armor with only the shoulders and calves jutting off the body.

Its flag being a bright blue with a purple star overlaid a planet, which in itself was set upon a shield of purple. More strange writing running down the sides of the flag. It took up a position directly opposite the first by about half a light minute, before the third and final Asaranoid would move forward below the two, forming a triangle.

This one was much like the second, though with sweeping wings off the hips, and the head resembled more of an Asari with something akin to a mouth. Its forehead topped with a large V of light blue. The Banner would depict first a set of wings with a sun in its center.

"Matriarch Lidanya sending a message from the incoming force. Patching through."

For a few seconds the council chambers heard only static before a voice, one that they all recognized, and one they didn't expect, came over the speakers.

"This is Saren Arterius of the Galactic Citadel Specters, sending greetings as a first contact with the United Earth Alliance. Please do not open fire on the vessel, I'd rather not die thank you."

That caused the Council Room to go quiet before shouting started. Though Sparatus was still paying close attention to the image as the other two council members began to yell and demand answers. Then another voice would come over the audio message to the Citadel. This one had a very strange accent to it, though spoke with quite a bit of authority to it. As well as spoken in perfect Turian.

More than likely a translation Program of some kind.

"This is High Lord Commander Ofærr Stjarnagram of the United Earth Alliance, here tah represent the interest of the Queen Twins of Humanity. We come in peace."

An actual smile would blossom across Tarvos'es face as she stood up as well, motioning for Valern to sit down as she moved to obviously address the speaker.

"My Name is Tarvos of the Galactic Citadel Council, one of the Primary Council Members, on behalf of the entire galaxy, we welcome you to our Citadel. If you are indeed a diplomatic party, then we ask you to shut your weapons down and allow for an inspection team to enter into your ship and begin inspection. Your vessels are…quite interesting. We will be sending you coordinates to one of the landing pads for your diplomatic team to land so that we may meet this "Humanity" properly.

We also thank you for the return of our Operative, though it does beg the question of how you came to have him upon your vessel."

Sparatus was on one hand enraged at her audacity and overjoyed that she had managed to not allow too much Asari Smug Superiority to seep into her usual grandstanding when dealing with diplomatic situations.

"Can't let ya but we will be keepin our ship at the edge of this nebula, ain't trustin ya, but we will allow ya to escort our team to the Dock."

Like that they were tense again. This one was quite defensive, then again they had been attacked and sieged by an alien species so it was no surprise that they were cagey. Tarvos'es expression was strained at the fact she had been rebuffed and their first request was rejected by these new arrivals to the galactic stage.

Sparatus and Valern however were internally laughing. However, ever the diplomat, Tarvos would nod her head, more to herself than to the speaker.

"Yes, I suppose that is understandable, we accept these terms, prepare your team and begin moving towards the docks. We will see you there."

Both sides seemed to cut off communication, though given that the three Asaranoids were moving forward, causing the three Council Members to suspect that their diplomatic team was in fact in the Asaranoids.

"Well they seem impatient, we had best move towards the Docks."

Nearly twenty minutes later, having to take an air car to the docks, with C-Sec working overtime to keep any crowds from going near the docks, and the Fleet suspending all approaches to the Citadel. The three would step out of the air conditioned vehicle and start walking down the stairwell towards the dock that had been designated for the Diplomatic Team's landing.

As they watched, six frigates of the fleet followed along beside the three Asaranoids, while weapon systems were untrained, they were prepared for an eventuality that the Diplomats may be actually a trap and the group here planned to enact revenge against the Council for the Batarnian attack.

"This is a highly unusual approach. Usually one has to wait months before they can get a meeting with us. I fear others may see this and pull a similar action."

This drew nods from the other two, clear worry etched on their faces. Though before more could be said, the three Asaranoids began to approach. They could properly see them all, thrusters seemed to cut off from the feet and back as their feet came into contact with the docks.

In a few places, the metal buckled under the weight while electricity would surge from the sides of the feet, his Omni-tool detecting high magnetism along the undersides of the feet. Then they smashed their Standards into the deck plating of the Dock, imbedding got a reaction from Tarvos.

"That…was rather unnecessary to do.."

A snort came from Sparatus as the three machines would merely stand there, even as the space between them began to ripple. Surprise passed over the various members of the Council as a Dropship would appear from thin air, beginning to buffet C-Sec and the Council Members as thrusters ignited and slowed its descent towards the deck as well.

It was something akin to a box with a front facing cockpit with four thrusters on the sides at different elevations and two engines on the back. Legs would emerge from beneath which connected with the deck and magnetized itself.

"And here we go…"

Sparatus would narrow his eyes as the tinted black cockpit refused to reveal anything inside. His attention is shifted towards the back of the drop ship as a ramp lowered and collided with the decking.

A few moments later, six asaranoids would emerge in tactical gear. Strange helmets with tubes connected to the front and back around to their backs. Weapons swep through the area before locking onto C-Sec and the Councilors. They would stand at attention a few moments later, their armor slimming but still possessing markings of blast plates here and there.

It was the sound of heavy thuds that drew his attention away from the six and a pair of giants.. Ebony colored armor, bulky in appearance, the echoing of servos in his ears and steam rising from several joints gave the appearance of smaller versions of the Asaranoid Machines. Their weapons were a pair of swords and shields, which crackled with electricity as they came to stand behind the other soldiers.

Then finally came the last of those aboard. One was instantly recognizable, being Saren himself, who nodded towards his fellow Turian while the other Asaranoid standing beside him was clearly in military clothing. The medals, which he could spot anywhere, were as plain as day to him.

Which made their appearance on a space faring species all the stranger to him, given that the practice of metal medals had otherwise fallen out of favor amongst the Turians. Broad of shoulder, almost like a Krogan in some ways. A head of vibrant golden hair, and a face that could have passed for a male Asari if he didn't have the hair. The last two would stop before the Councilors, eyes meeting as the Non-Asari held out his hand.

"It be ah pleasure to put faces to voices, I am High Lord Commander Ofærr Stjarnagram of the United Earth Alliance, and in tah name of Humanity, I would ask your help in regaining those taken from us by tah Batarian Hedgemony."

There was no sound as the two sides looked at each other. C-Sec watching those large weapons that the Humans had brought with them. A slow breath from Tarvos before she nodded, motioning for the two to follow.

"Then will you kindly follow behind as we lead you to the Council Chambers? We are not accustomed to such abrupt requests, for both joining a conflict we knew nothing about and being forced to become diplomatic with a species we weren't aware existed."

With a turn, she would begin making her way back towards the Chambers, the Human Soldiers remaining where they were as the old man and Saren started forward. The first meeting of Humanity and the Council, many held their breath.


Information Added since the Last Chapter.

Troop, Mobile Suit, and Vehicle Transports:

Wet Ships:

Fighters:

Ground Vehicles:

Heavy Vehicle/Land Ships:

Mobile Suits:

AMX-107 Bawoo

MVF-M12A Ootsukigata

Special Units:

Zeon Banner Bearer (AMX-107 Bawoo)

Federation Flag Bearer (RGE-G1500 Adele Mk-II)

United Earth Alliance Standard Bearer(MVF-M12A Ootsukigata)

Gundams:

Mobile Armors:

Space Ships of the Line:

Space Stations:

Notes:

Author's Notes!

01/09/2022

Chapter started.

04/12/2022

Have replaced a large section on Chapter 3, negating the supposed parasite that Saren was carrying. Hints towards his true nature are going to be left but otherwise it is still the same.

05/25/2022

And that is a wrap! This one took way too long, but life and work continue to keep me from actually working on this chapter along with extra activities outside of writing such as work, and my responsibilities on Discord, means I have not had as much time as before.

However I have started working on a book of my own! I won't give out too much but after this chapter I will be focusing more on that, as I am far behind in what I feel is acceptable.

Not sure if I want to do a short story, a light novel, or a full on story book. I have no college training so I am not sure how well it will be received and the grammar.

For those of you wondering, the Royal Guards resemble a cross between Helgast Armor from Killzone and the Steel Legion from Warhammer 40k. The power armor is a mix of Fallout and Starcraft Power Armor.

All information on the Various Military vehicles you will find in the actual story can be found in the Threads that I have made if you want a detailed roster/comprehensive list on statistics. To help explain what this Humanity has.

In the future you will start seeing more added to it as I start adding new Ships, Mobile Suits, Mobile Armor, and other military vehicles to the story. After all, technology never stops advancing!

I can easily link the Forum to those who want to read it!

Please remember to Comment, Favorite, and Subscribe!

Chapter 8: Meeting Among the Stars

Summary:

The Council and Ofaerr speak.

Things begin to move among the Batarians.

Chapter Text

Gundam belongs to Bandai. Mass Effect to EA. Star Trek to Viacom. I own none of the material mentioned here.

Unchanged Dialogue = Primary Focused Character

Bold Dialogue = Radio Transmissions

Italisized Dialogue = Additional Characters


0121.10.16

Serpent Nebula - Citadel

Council Chamber

High Lord Commander Ofærr Stjarnagram

Ofærr allowed his eye to wander across the various aliens that crossed the path of his group and the Councillors. At some point, Saren had been taken by several guards and escorted away from the group before they started out of the landing bay. More than likely to be asked for information on both Humanity as well as the situation leading up to the eventual capture by the humans. Maybe. There was no telling the process that aliens used.

They seem to come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. There were much more aliens than he had expected. Dozens of species though few held the look of the so called "Asari" who in themselves looked almost human. Like out of some old science fiction series where the budget was too small to afford alien costumes. He listened to the conversation that the one called Tevos was attempting to have with him, nodding his head.

"…the Citadel Alliance can lay claim to a staggering seventeen species which make up our membership. There are many names though I am sure you will likely wish to be forwarded the first contact information on each to help settle you into the galactic community."

She seemed to trail off as she caught his eye looking over a pair of Veltsrism*. The squat bodied cousins of the Volus. Though the largest difference between the two was the trailing tentacles that ran from their necks and covered their jaws. Both, as with the Volus, encased in hermetically sealed suits.

"Perhaps. Ya got ah lot to show that is certainly fer sure. I wasn't expecting this many, we only ever had experience with two. One I've seen around yer station and ah nother."

He would glare at any Batarian for a few seconds if he caught them glaring at him. More than often though he merely watched with some confusion as to what he was. Though he couldn't read minds compared to others, he had enough insight to recognize such looks. Then the blue skinned one, Tarvos coughed into her hand, catching the larger man's attention.

'Yes. The Batarians. I will hold off on asking about anything related to them, but I would love to inquire about this other first contact you had. Do you recall the species or how long ago it was?'

Fishing for information, how very bureaucratic of her. Though he supposed he couldn't fault her for wanting to know more. With a nod of his head, he would tap his blade at his hip. Causing the metal to actually vibrate. A grin spreads at the confused expression on her face.

"Like yah to meet tah Representative of tha Extraterrestrial Living-metal Shape-shifter fer or ELS for short. Must Ah been 25 or so years. You recall 8890?"

He would turn towards the strange blade as a synthetic voice echos from its pummel.

'The Ninety Eighth Year, the Seventh Month, the Nineteenth Day. We entered your solar system. Encountering Devil Army and Solar Fleet Forces. Both are assimilated.'

He could see the fear, as well as he was able to glean from alien faces, on the three councilors. A hand raised before they could speak.

"You'll have to hold your questions. Just know that the ELS are Allies. Their original idea of understanding is through assimilation. That's changed outside of a few circumstances. It was how we could understand and speak your languages."

While the Salarians and Asari seemed placated, though no less intimidated, or in the Salarian's case, vibrating with what looked like childlike wonder, the Turian looked less than thrilled as he stomped up while eyeing the living metal organism and glaring.

"You should have warned us that you would be bringing a representative for another species asides your own. Especially one as truly alien as this one. Given its nature it clearly poses a risk to not only the citadel, but the council."

Well, he wasn't exactly wrong, was he? Ofærr had the decency to look a little chastised but at the same time grinned. The ELS shifted before it returned to a solid state before the Councilors. Though Ofærr scratched at the back of his head with a small smile. Even then as they started to walk again, he caught the Turian's eye shifting towards his bodyguards. Power Armored soldiers followed by Royal Guards. The two at the head carrying the banners of the Twin Empresses of Earth. Gold was gilded onto the seams of pauldrons as well as the joints.

"Sorry Lad. Must have slipped my mind. They will be here in these talks to represent one part of Humanity. We are a…complex association of varying degrees of humanity as it were. I'm no ambassador either. I'm but a mere soldier after all. But I see you eyein the Banner Bearers. Questions?"

The group continued through the park along the way towards the central location within the Citadel. C-Sec working to keep civilians away. Though the sounds of running water besides them did garner some attention from the Royal Guard, their intimidating gas masks would otherwise keep any civilians away. Though the occasional reptilian creature did seem to eye them. Sparatus turned towards the Lord Commander with a nod of his head.

"It has been years since any Council or Galactic Race attempted Powered Armor to such a capacity. Most had otherwise abandoned it for the use of Kinetic Barriers or Tech Armor. Biotics rendering such uses as obsolete. Yet your species not only continued to use it, we've detected no use of Element Zero in your vessel, or them. You've even still continued traditions that all others but the most warlike had abandoned…"

Ah. He was nervous of them. Primitive customs? He couldn't help but chuckle. Even as camera drones swarmed down, and one of the royal guards nearly snapped a shot off. Only stopped by a hand on their shoulder. The path they strolled on began to bend and rise as the procession continued towards the base of a building.

"Believe it or not, some two hundred years ago, we abandoned such things fer the most part as a species and society. Largely we moved towards other forms Ah rulership, of expression. Then about 20 er so years ago, we realized that our species really shouldn't be without a proper, consistent, rulership. We had up till then utilized elected officials, which had worked, though more often than not, policies would be changed with each subsequent leader. You probably deal with this now, yes?"

A few nods as the councilors looked at each other. Then back to the old man.

"Some traditions had been maintained, and perhaps it was because of ah want for stability, but it seemed to spread through our culture rapidly. Rekindling the importance of blood lines, of dynasties, of marks. Though with proper checks and balances lest that old corruption slip back into the cracks. Hence the Banners. One to represent each of the Empresses."

A few nods of understanding, though he could see their dismissal of the idea of a constant leader. But he couldn't blame them. Power corrupts after all. Though so far, the reintroduction of those long dead norms was still ongoing. The average citizen seemed to have taken a liking to them. There were holdouts, nevertheless.

"As fer tah armor and weapons? We haven't encountered tech like yours till now. Mostly we gad focused on ballistics, somethin we found worked well against yer kinetic barriers after ah time. Or for large scale, beam weaponry. Type ah energy weap-"

He is cut off then and there as the Salarian moved up and got between him and the Turian.

"Beam? As in direct energy? Your species is truly remarkable if you've managed to develop such technology. Why do you utilize powered armor?"

Ofærr could only chuckle as they rounded a bend and started towards the Presidium. Yep crowds having formed to either side of the path leading up. The sounds of questions being thrown at them in a multitude of languages.

"Reasons I won't be gettin into. Can't let yah have too much now, can I? We only just met after all. Suffice it to say, our Noble Houses pride themselves on producing men and women of integrity."

The councilors didn't miss the way he mumbled the last word while the noise grew louder. Thankfully 8890 had otherwise worked to translate the languages using the packages of data obtained on Shanxi. Though he would side eye the councilors, he motioned towards the Knights and Royal Guard behind him. The two bearing banners would move ahead and take positions around the entrance of the Presidium while the guardsmen would move up and form two rows along the steps. Both looking out. Even as the sound of camera drones echoed, and more reporters would start throwing questions at them.

"Pinatia Dardadus of the Palaven Inquieror, are you the new species that has been reported beyond Relay 314?! Do you have any comments?!"

"Tezit Taztos of the Sur'Kesh News Network, rumors have stated that Batarian Pirates have attacked one of your worlds. They also say you have driven them off, what is your government's next course of action?!"

"Holasshin T'halyt of Thessia Without Borders, are you willing to give a statement on the rumors that your species arrived with hostile intent when you arrived on a warship?!"

Ofaerr released a groan as he resisted the urge to rub his face. It seemed that even journalism was a cross species thing. Even while C-Sec worked to keep the paparazzi away, his own accompanying guard held themselves with decorum expected of their houses. Those in Powered Armor, standing at the topmost, would pound their Standards into the ground in unison with each step the Counselors and he took, causing him to actually wince. Ceremony was one thing the Houses expected their Knights to follow, and it seemed that they did so, even when the situation was quite delicate.

Though the Turian seemed to approve of this, judging by the way he and those Turians in C-Sec would rhythmically tapping their feet or the butt of their guns in time with the actions of the Knights of The Order of Bravery*, founded in Bulgaria. Right hard bastards, he'd fought alongside their Flagship on at least one occasion. Watched them drive its bow into a pirate ship before launching borders. It would be Tevos who broke the silence, even as she looked disapprovingly at both the Turians, and the Knights.

"Your people are very tactful on ceremony, High Lord, but please refrain from such displays next time. It looks as though you are the one dictating to us on protection."

Ofaerr had the decency to wince slightly at that, he would have to have a talk with them after this first meeting. It was clear to him that these aliens were accustomed to having full authority on this station. By this point, the doors had opened and the four marched inside, Ofaerr turning around as he nodded his head.

"Aye, I'll talk with em when I get the chance."

With a shudder, the elevator would start rising up.


0121.10. 19

Serpent Nebula - Citadel

Council Chamber

Galactic Council

Councilor Sparatus

Sparatus watched as the human stood before the collective of the strongest races (barring fringe and unaligned worlds) in the galaxy. He out massed all three of them combined though, something he had taken notice of the moment they had met. The visible scars cut an impressive figure, but the fabrics and medals would do little to stop any mass accelerator weapons fire. Though the fact he carried what looked like a living metal like alien as a blade caused him no end of worry.

How do you even protect or kill something like that? Its mere existence is going to call for entire new avenues of technological development merely on detecting and then on destroying such things if war were to break out or rogue elements within their civilization. He let Tevos take the front stage and run for now.

"On behalf of the Citadel Council, we welcome Humanity, and by extension the ELS to the Galactic Community. Though it is with a heavy heart that you are forced to be introduced at the tail end of a conflict with the Batarnians. Even if they were merely pirates."

The Human nodded his head, arms crossed, and chest puffed slightly. Was it an intimidation tactic? Or trying to look larger than he was passively.

"If I may ask, I'd love tah hear tah history of this 'ere station. How'd ya even build it?"

Well, that was a can of worms right out the gate. Phrases that would not start popping into Turians for some time, not till humanity cemented itself properly. Though Tevos would turn towards Valern who stood up and coughed into his hand.

"To begin, the Council did not in fact build the Citadel, just as they did not build the Relays, that which you saw the Batarians exiting into your own solar system. They are a part of a vast network which as we have come to know, are seeded throughout the galaxy."

The Salarian would type into a keyboard upon his console, causing a 3D rendering of the galaxy to emerge. From the Citadel, lines would begin to expand outward from it, stopping before creating more. Though only a handful of these lines of light reach all the way out to the galactic Rim and its Plane above and below. Even he had to suppress a frown at how, well, tiny the network appeared when compared to the full galaxy. Some 8% of the actual whole network had been mapped and explored. With a total of 12% of the rest of the galaxy explored using these places as jump off points.

Turning back, he couldn't help but notice the frown that the human was wearing as well. Just catching him muttering 'So little' under his breath. He would however clear his throat, a question on his lips.

"This ere seems to indicate that you've left so many of these God Keys unactivated. Why?"

Thankfully, the ever-quick Salarian would speak up before the other two had the chance.

"That will come in time, there is still more to this story. These objects, Citadel and Relay, are believed to have been built by a Precursor species, whom we call The Protheans. They vanished some fifty thousand years ago."

The human nodded, refraining from commenting while Valen spoke.

"It was the Asari who first reached space flight, whom, alongside another galactic power at the time, the Mon'tario, would eventually come to blows over ideology. The fighting however was limited due to the imprecise nature of FTL drives at the time. The wars, while smaller in scale, lasted hundreds of years. Until the Asari discovered their first Relay in their home system. From there, they began rapid expansion through the galaxy. This also led to them gaining an upper hand against the Mon'tario's aggression and finally delivering the blow at the Battle of Wolds 314 that forced an unconditional surrender."

The holographic projector in the center would light up, displaying the aforementioned battle as the Asari vessels flew through debris fields of themselves and another. These with yellow and black stripes, rather boxy in comparison with large jutting spines along the sides and running down the top.

"The Mon'tario have withdrawn back to where they came, their Theocracy still unknown in its general location outside of rare encounters with the rest of the galaxy. They would then begin expansion efforts, discovering dozens of both primitive and same level alien species."

The image switches to an actual Mon'tario. Last recorded was a hundred years ago. The eight-foot beast of muscle and frill. Lengthy arms ending in bladed claws. An elongated neck, upon which a serpentine like face sat, complete with bony horns and drills. Legs digitigrade, not unlike Turian and Quarians. Clad in heavy armor and firing a primitive slug thrower as they were now known.

"However, in doing so, the Asari would eventually discover the Citadel, claiming it for themselves until such time that they would come to meet my kind, the Salarians. Unlike their first encounter, they would form an alliance and set the groundwork for what will eventually become the Citadel Alliance. Those previously mentioned nations would eventually join the Alliance, though only the Salarians would be given a seat on it."

He could see the frown forming on the human, but the old man held his tongue. Valen, taking the silence as a signal to continue, did so.

"However, two thousand years ago, the first major law of the Citadel was implemented. "The Relmar Act". It began with the destruction of the Relmarian's own homeworld due to nuclear weapons fire. Given the interest in them at the time, the Council deemed atomic or orbital fire on what is classified as Garden Worlds, as a war crime and punishable by execution of all crew and the one who ordered the bombardment."

A hologram would emerge in between the parties, showing a Krogan and their world. The reptiles, large as they were, still paled next to the Mon'tario from earlier. They were a hearty race, surviving even after everything that had been done to them. Yet Sparatus noticed the human expression, curiosity, though also understanding. The laws were important after all.

"Then I look forward tah seeing it implemented. Those batarians bombarded our world several times based on eye witness accounts."

That caused the council to look between themselves before Tarvos nearly groaned. Of course the four eyes disregarded that law. Shouldn't have surprised him in the least.

"Then they will be held accountable. Once we have discovered who ran that fleet and who gave the order; though that might take time. The Batarians are a difficult mess, command structure wise. It's hard finding out truths from false information."

The human nodded but kept his arms crossed.

"Next to occur was what was known as the Rachni Wars. Following the rampant expansion by Citadel forces through the Relay Network, one relay would be opened and from it, an insectoid species would invade the galaxy. All attempts to communicate were met with silence and hostility."

The hologram would shift, revealing a Rachni drone, the quadrilateral insectoid creature which had struck fear into the heart of the galaxy for a thousand years. Though the human looked more interested than anything.

"For three hundred years, the forces and the Citadel faced this invader. Fighting a losing war. That is, until the Salarians returned to the Krogan. Uplifting the species for war. Their hardy nature and willingness for combat helped to bolster our forces. Not to mention their high birth rates. With their aid, they were used to help push the Rachni to extinction."

And there it was, an emotion they hadn't seen before. Was that disgust? The human seemed to catch and school himself, but by then, Tarvos had already caught it.

"You disapprove, ambassador?"

The human slightly froze before glaring at her.

"Aye. We've done our fare share of extermination but never truly on purpose. I can't say I agree with yer decision to exterminate ah species, but then again I wasn't there. However, yah took ah ravaged species and uplifted em, usin em as cannon fodder. That I can say I find repulsive."

The room went quiet while the various Councils would send him their own frowns. The first to speak was himself.

"But a necessity. The Rachnii had pushed deep into the galaxy from their initial entry. Wiping out planets of both the Salarian and Asari. They had spread through most of the galaxy by the time they brought in the Krogan. Their durable nature and ability to get into Rachni hives proved themselves. In just a hundred years, the endless hordes had been pushed back to their original relay. A costly victory for the Citadel. The krogan would even become a part of the Alliance, for a time."

The human glared but sat back, motioning for the history to resume again. Tarvos coughs into her hand.

"Following the end of the War, the Treaty of Rachnii* was implemented. Limiting the opening of Relays, unless at least Two Heavy Fleets are present for the opening. Something the Krogan vehemently objected to."

What followed after was the lengthy series of events that eventually led to the Krogan Rebellions due to dwindling space on account of the Treaty, and rising tensions between the Krogan and other races. Another war, not a thousand years later, would erupt. This time even worse than that of the Rachnii Wars on account of the Krogan being even stronger. This culminated in the discovery of the Turians. To which the human hummed, looking towards him.

Sparatus would stand next.

"It was in thanks, due to the efforts of the Turians and the military mindset that the Krogans were brought to heel. Our species had, until that time, expanded in our corner of the galaxy and had spare fleets. So when the Citadel came, the Turians answered. In putting down the Rebellion, we were granted a seat on the council."

He noted that after sitting down, the human looked like he wished to say more, but kept his tongue. Then he and Valern turned to watch her as she started talking about the Citadel's first contact with the Hanar and Drell. Completely skipping the end results of the war and the punishment delved out to the Krogan. They looked at each other. What was she thinking?

"As a result of the war however, a decision was reached, and a new Treaty was established. The Treaty of Farixen was placed to limit the number of Dreadnoughts that the species within the Citadel produced. For every five dreadnaughts, the Salarian and Asari may produce two, while other Citadel races may produce one."

That got a raised eyebrow and a frown, but the human said nothing. Oh that. Likely thinking them insane.

She continued to speak of the various species meeting and joining the Citadel, the Batarian, giving them the title of, "Stuart's of the Terminus*" which roughly gave them control of that whole section of space. Something she showed to the human. Whose eye widened at the staggering amount of space that these Batarians had been given to police.

"All that…why?"

The three looked between each other.

"As you can no doubt guess. The Citadel Alliance had recently come out of the Rebellions and based on intel provided by the Salarians; this area of space was littered with Pirate Enclaves, Independent minor aliens, Pirate Nations, and many other things we have no explanation for. To try and go in with our available forces would have been tantamount to suicide. Our forces would have been torn apart inside of such a vast space. With the use of Relays acting as choke points, we could keep the filth from spreading into our space, but we had no way to bring proper order to the sector. As such, given that the Batarians hailed and had the best experience policing such areas, they were tasked with it by the Citadel. In exchange for a place on the council."

A role that hadn't meant anything to the Batarians for a few thousand years as it were. Given that their seat was never filled and they never had a councilor in attendance.

A few more simple questions were asked, then the topic of turning minor aliens like the Hanar, Drell, Volus, Veltsrism, and Vorcha into client species. Though the other two spoke of some dealings with others, the most important of these being the Volus. Their industrial capabilities being what allowed the Citadel to begin policing even more of its systems.

The conversation would eventually turn towards the minor species, their roles within the Citadel and the wider galaxy. Though they would stop with the Quarians which caused Tarvos to groan as she turned towards Valern who stood as Tarvos sat back down. Seems she didn't want to discuss this particular subject.

"Two hundred and twenty six years ago, the Quarian, a species on the edge of the galaxy, had developed a servant class of artificial intelligence, called the Geth, a word in their language meaning "Servant of the People". These Geth, who had up till this point, served as a workforce for the Quarians, began to develop intelligence exceeding the Quarian scope. Which led to the Councilors at the time deciding they proved too dangerous. A decision was made to destroy the Geth. However, the Geth and those disagreeing with their government, as well as the Citadel Council, refused to partake. A joint Civil War and War with the Geth erupted across their space. Called "The Geth War" or "The Mourning War" the Quarians that had sided with the Geth drove the Quarians off world."

That seemed to cause him to suck in a breath, a curious reaction, perhaps the Humans had had a similar situation with AI. Though Sparatus would continue as Valern sat back down.

"As punishment for unleashing an unshackled AI upon the galaxy, a new Law was implemented. That all Self-Determining Machines and Programming are to be destroyed lest they overthrow their creators. In addition, the Quarians were barred from ever settling in Citadel Space. They have become the pariahs of the galaxy, forced to wander within their fleet for the fact that they allowed themselves to lose the war. Under the "Quantum Act" they are barred from colonizing planets, and due to the "Treaty of Rachnii" are unable to open new Relays. An unfitting punishment for crimes the current generation did not commit. "The Rannoch Accords", are established and the creation of AI are officially banned across all Council Space. Those found harboring or attempting to create AI will be dealt with harsh penalties. All research into AI is to be destroyed and any AI created, erased."

That caused the human to nod his head slowly.

"That be ah lot to take in, what other laws would we be beholden to if we were to join the Citadel Alliance?"

It would be Tarvos who spoke up, as he sat back down.

"Asides from the Treaty of RachniiThe Rannoch AccordsThe Relmar Act, and the Treaty of Farixen would be upheld by your species. Your species would be allowed to produce One Dreadnaught for every five Turian Dreadnaughts, along with the erasing of any potential AIs you have created."

That would be met with hands clasped as she leaned forward and actually glared. An act which confused the other two Councilors. Ofaerr himself seemed to still as they locked eyes. Nothing was said before the old human, given his beard and colored hair, breathed out with a nod.

"Aye, I see yer requests. Tah Council of Earth will have tah cast a vote, before the Empresses decide on a course of action."

That was right, the Humans were led by two females and what sounded like a council of Nobles of some kind. Though, Sparatus would then extend a hand out towards the man before him.

"You have heard of our own history, so we would ask of you, to share of your people and your own history."

He could only smile as Ofaerr seemed to grimace at the suggestion, before he started to speak.

"I want tah preference this by sayin that I don't know my history, at all, so I'll leave that for ah actual historian. Never was important to me. Though I can tell yah ah few things about the last few decades, maybe ah century."

He would begin to regal the Council with tales of their people, of their achievements of self-sustaining colonies in space as a result of their lack of terraforming technology, of war machines with power to destroy these, and of men with ambitions for the betterment of their people. Many of which he was sure the other two would take with a grain of salt. This man seemed to have something of a bias.


0121.11.15

Harsa System: Khar'shan

Entroa Batarian Hegemony 65th Pirate Fleet

High Admiral Octab'noel

It had been almost a whole month since the High Admiral had left the Alien System and taken the quickest route back to the Terminus. Several Turian fleets had tried to head them off, they had been reduced to floating scrap and the survivors taken as slaves as well. Though most had killed themselves before capture.

A month of working to parse through the asarian machines that they had taken, the technology that they had acquired. Though even as he had begun to make his way towards Omega, a call had come the Hedgemony itself, calling him back.

His arrival in System had been met with parades, with grand feasts in honor of the man that had brought home so much. Yes, he had lost the Quarians, yes he had been driven from these new "Hoomans" Nests, but what he brought back, in the hold of his Dreadnaught, had made up for it.

A partially intact Frigate of the "Hoomans" as they were known. Even now, the greatest engineers of the Hegemony were starting to work towards unraveling the mysteries of their unexplained technology. However, perhaps it was the fact that the Hoomans had apparently made contact with the Council, a Spectar had been squirreled away amongst the slaves sent against them!

But if they could crack this form of FTL, they could potentially finally shake off the limitations of the Relays. The Batarians in their entirety had been shown the things that the 65th had seen ground and planetside. The use of power armor, the synthetics by the galore, their primitive use of powered armor, their liquid metal creatures. These things instilled fear and anger within the Hegemony.

Now, Octab'noel was sitting before the largest Batarian he had ever seen, but not in terms of body mass, but in terms of muscle mass. The male before him was nearly ten feet, covered in so much cybernetic augmentations, and baring many, many, cybernetics that extended out of his form. The High Admiral of the 1st Fleet. The one which never left the Home System. Suffice it to say, he was scared out of his mind. The man before him was leaning forward, reviewing Slave Recordings and their own cameras from the downed vessels left planetside. A quick pause would cause the video to stop and show one of the large armored Hoomans, a chunk of metal lodged in its side, blood leaking from the stump of an arm and the wound.

First Admiral Cethor Cram'pehal* looked him in all four of his eyes before a small smile worked itself into the face of the largest Batarian perhaps alive.

"You've done well to return Octab'noel. You've done the Hegemony proud in bringing in so many slaves and so much new technology. Yet I fear that you have set off a chain of events within the Terminus which will change things forever."

He would type into his computer system, bringing up an image of the Batarian Navies and their holdings in the Terminus and Attican. Even now, he could see hundreds of fleets, as large or smaller than his own once was, scattered across the Terminus and with a handful in the Traverse.

"I can understand that the Council likely has heard of my actions, as well as the video footage that I brought back, but do you truly think that the situation is truly so perilous?"

Cethor would nod his head as he looked up towards the ceiling before breathing out. The hologram shifting to show several riots across their planets.

"The defeat of your forces weren't what set these off. It was the fact that these Aliens not only show a general danger towards ourselves, but what we have enjoyed. We are the Stuarts of the Terminus. While most of the politicians wouldn't care if we lost that title, it was one given to us as a sign of trust between us and the Citadel. We no longer even care for the opinions of the Citadel, but it was no less a sign of importance. One which we have neglected."

That caused him to sit up a little more, blinking his four eyes as he looked towards his Elder. Staying silent either way, there was more coming, he was sure of it.

"As such, the Council, while you were away, have come to a decision. The Hegemony has become complacent, has become reliant on the Citadel imports. As such, the Council Of Elders has decided that the time for the Lawlessness of the Terminus is over. Effectively immediately, the Hegemony is going to be bringing the Terminus under our thumb. Your 65th will be reinforced with new ships off the line, fresh troops from our Training Yards, and given your first assignment within the next few months."

That was not the conversation he thought he was going to have. The floor dropped out from under him as he felt his fingers dig into the chair, puncturing the leather from sheer terror. The things this man was saying, the scope of this undertaking was beyond titanic, it was completely insane. The scale of the Terminus took up a good 35% of the Galactic Map alone! The Hegemony was planning to try and conquer the entire thing rather than just police it?!

"Have the Council done insane? That much territory, even barring the fact that we would be dealing with a limited amount of the entire Terminus due to the Relay Network, is still a vast and expansive amount of territory. They wish to completely control that rather than police it? We'd be dealing with not only uprisings from the citizens but from the minor races living in our domain."

That actually caused Cethor to chuckle as he shook his head.

"The citizens have seen the  images;  they understand the threat these Hoomans represent. Barring their blatant archaic ideals and designs, banners in this day and age, based on their own technological progress, they yet show a danger to the galaxy as a whole unless nipped before they can spread."

He couldn't disagree with that assessment though, these aliens, they had shown the willingness to use horrific abominations of intelligence and unnatural living metal to wage their own wars. He was starting to see the logic of fighting them, but not why they needed this extensive undertaking.

"They are small compared to our own forces, even with the losses we took against them, we still held their planet-"

A hand came down as those four eyes narrowed.

"You couldn't take the planet even after a month of action and fighting! You can't honestly say that the Hegemony will stand a chance if we attempt to push into their territory now as we are."

He sat back down before motioning towards a video of the second largest vessel he had seen outside of the dealings with he Collectors, emerging before the Citadel. It managed to equal the Destiny's Ascension in some aspects. It was in fact, beautiful in its design, the bone white outer hull starting as a jutting point and sloping towards the engines.

"I will admit…they put up a far greater fight than I or my commanders anticipated. Are you certain this massive undertaking is wise though? The Council will call for action when we begin."

He sighed, leaning back, as the situation and the actions of his people were growing on him. What they were undertaking, or planned to, it would turn the galaxy fully and finally against the Batarians. Even if he knew his race to be superior to any of the two eyed weaklings, he knew that they had actually driven one species to extinction and two others that were nearly there already. The Council, unlike the Batarians, had experience, even in using others, to enact genocide for them. The Batarians didn't.

"We have decided to close the Relays leading into the Terminus. To keep any from fleeing, and any from entering. Funds set aside to establish Space Stations in the systems leading in and out. This should lock down any attempts by the Council to Intervene. As well as pull back from the Attican. This will have the side effect of needing to transform many rural planets into plantation planets to feed the war machine."

He would breath out before slightly nodding, looking towards his senior in this matter. It was still an insane undertaking either way, no matter how you decided to cut it. It would be another hour before he was dismissed from the meetings, his eyes drooped in exhaustion. He may have been a High Admiral of a small fleet, but he knew a lot of Batarians were going to die in the coming years.


Author's Notes!

Starter Date: 06/05/2022

Authors Note: 09/27/2022

I've taken/been forced to take even more shifts since my last post and wasn't able to start on my next chapter till June. It is now September, and I have barely been able to do anything. I am sorry that I've been so slow on this, but work has demanded a lot of me, and I have been saving towards something I want to do when I turn 30.

Finish Date: 10/28/2022

Author's Note: Man, this took for bloody ever! I am so sorry that this took so long, but I hope you guys are going to be looking forward for more! Things are really beginning to cook off and the Batarians and Humanity, and maybe the Citadel, are all geared for a right slug fest. Alliances will be created, treaties strained, and skirmishes. The Batarians will and are looking up to being the big bad of the story before the Reapers even arrive.

I do hope that you guys will start asking more questions about the extended universe here, because I have so much coming. If you'd like to thank all of you who have stuck with me this long. I am also taking suggestions for Noble Houses of Humanity, since this whole thing is that humanity has revived things like Noble/Knight Houses and Knightly Orders.

Examples being the Order of Bravery and the Bathory House revival. I do have plans to revive a lot of those old storied things from humanity that were lost following WW1, let's just say next chapter will involve the Sweds in a Big way. So look forward to that.

If you guys want, make suggestions in Reviews or Dms for Houses you'd be personally like to see! Also accepting suggestions for minor species that inhabit the Terminus which never joined the Citadel as a result of their want for independence or aggression.


Information

Veltsrism: The Volus weren't the only species that eventually evolved upon their home world. Like many other planets which eventually gained sentient life, there were competing members of the same species. Usually overtaken and driven to extinction in some form or another, the Veltsrism were instead worked with, as the Volus would eventually at a later time. In some ways, their treatment of the Veltsrism would be a precursor for their eventual interaction with other races, playing their hands in the shadows, not being a confronting species. The Veltsrism can be found on Volus ships before they become a client species. Acting as Men at Arms and Voidsmen for boarding action. Even following their designation as a Client Species by the Turians, they would still hold this role, even going so far as to join Turian vessels as additional forces for fighting against pirates and boarding space stations. Their robust bodies, coupled with their heavy build, allowed them to endure quite the punishment. Physically stronger than their cousins, the Velsrism even developed their own biological distinctiveness, their large tentacles acting as emergency CQC weapons, with enough strength for a trained Veltrism to bend steel and iron bars.

The Order of Bravery: The Order of Bravery was established with a decree of Knyaz Alexander Batenberg on 1 January 1880. It is the first Bulgarian order and was modeled after the Order of Military Merit of the Grand Duchy of Hesse which existed to 1866. The recipients of the order are called cavaliers. The order was one of the many violations of the Treaty of Berlin with which Bulgaria demonstrated full independence although the country was deprived of high state decorations - symbols of national independence. Following the assimilation into the Earth Alliance during the End War, the Order of Bravery, like many other Orders, were disbanded forcefully to fall in line. Following the End War However, while the Nations of Earth would still be unified under a singular Chater, the Order was reinstated and promoted to a full Knightly House in Bulgaria. They, along with other Houses, would go on to rekindle many traditions of the Kingdom of Bulgaria that had been lost since World War 1 and up to the End War. They are most known for their Boarding Actions and their brutal close quarters conduct, earning them the nickname "Door Breakers" or "Hounds of the Tsar" depending on what circles you ask about them.

Stuarts of the Terminus: The Title was gifted to the Batarians after several dozen years. From frequent attempts to police just the edges of the Terminus, the Council found their forces unable to properly combat and subjugate the Pirate Lords or Minor Nations that exist within this vast stretch of space. The Turians were unprepared for fighting against guerrilla forces due to their strict adherence to a traditional war and engagements. However, the Batarians not only employed a similar combat pattern against others but excelled at them. They however seemed to favor a general mass force against hard targets. As such, they were given the title of Stuarts to properly police the Terminus. Something which at first, they had taken to with gusto. However, that gusto soon turned to arrogance as well as a stagnant complacency due to the mass influx of slaves have not pushed the Batarians to expand beyond the relay systems. They would slowly gain alliances with the various notorious forces within the Terminus, slowly enslaving those former independent alien civilizations that developed within distance of a Relay.

Cethor Cram'pehal: Cethor is not just a large Batarian, he is perhaps one of the largest of the main species that make up Mass Effect's sapient species minus some Collectors and the Leviathans. Defying the whims of the Council, he was created from scratch by the best the Hegemony produced. Stronger, Faster, Smarter, he proved himself invaluable against anything that the Terminus could produce and throw at him or the Hegemony. Not unlike that of the Coordinators of Humanity, his mere existence was met with fear, and nearly killed multiple times. It was only thanks to his altered nature that he survived these attempts on both himself and his family. He would go on to rise through their military ranks, eventually earning the First Fleet for himself. During several invasions by minor nations in the Terminus, he personally led counter attacks and subjugation fleets to meet them. On ten separate events, he beat back an unexpected aggression from a minor alien species, but never fully committed to their destruction. Citing how the Hegemony and Batarians should not follow the Council's methods of extermination and genocide, that they were better.

Chapter 9: Starting to Recover

Chapter Text

Gundam belongs to Bandai. Mass Effect to EA. Star Trek to Viacom. I own none of the material mentioned here.

Unchanged Dialogue = Primary Focused Character

Bold Dialogue = Radio Transmissions

Italisized Dialogue = Additional Characters


0121.11.05

Earth: Sol System

House of Words

Empress Relena Yuy Peacecraft

"This is an Outrage!"

Relena could already feel the headache coming on as the Representative of the Colonies, an umbrella term for those colonies that had been established by ZAFT and Zeon as well as their allied earth based nations. The discussion of the Council had swung back towards their harsh laws against Genetic Augmentation and the use of AI.

She had hoped that humanity as a whole was beyond this, it would seem that such views would never truly be neutered, no matter how many world wars they had to endure. While they did not openly state it, some supported the dismantling of their Neo Mobile Doll Program, and to limit the creation of Coordinators, Cyber Neo Types, and Cyber Coordinators as a whole.

They were also likely the few remaining individuals with ties to Blue Cosmos. They hid their tracks well, as did Blue Cosmos. Though she was sure that Terminal, not to mention many of the intelligence agencies within both Colonies and the United Earth Federation Blocks, were sniffing out any and all leads to the genocidal maniacs.

"Representative Doli! I hear you, and I agree. We can not under any circumstances agree to what the Council proposes for us."

And there was Lacus, the soft spoken woman of nearly forty, with arms placed in her lap, watching the gathering of World and Colony Leaders. Even Nero and Charles were both in attendance. The diminutive blond and the towering white respectively. There were some two hundred Lords, Ladies, Leaders, Barons, Nobles, and all manner of class here within the House of Words* in Geneva Switzerland.

"That is all well and good."

Spoke the Emperor of Austria, Constantin Makart, as he stood up, staring at Relena first. The man was a dog, a loyal dog, but a dog nonetheless. She could see Heero out of the corner of her eye twitching at the man. His gaze said more than enough to her husband on what he was thinking.

"But the fact of the matter is still that this Citadel Alliance vastly outnumbers us. Recent studies have shown the fields that their ships produce to alter their weight work in their favor by repulsing Minofsky and GN Particles from their surroundings. We saw this during reviews of the fighting on Shanxi. We could be inviting a war onto our hands if we reject their offer by refusing to adhere to their major laws."

A few murmurs were already starting. He had a small point. Humanity was only twenty years removed from the absolute bloodbath that was the End War, and only three years removed from the series of wars that gripped it before that. Their population had been effectively torn down to perhaps half a Billion by the end of it all. They were still recovering. Cities such as Sidney and the Moon were unable to ever be properly repaired as a result.

So she stood, drawing the attention of the various nobility and leaders present.

"We can't in good fashion accept such laws that would call for the dismantling of our very citizens, turning our back on those that we once used to bring untold death and ruin. Nor can we allow for the threat of war to let us cower to the whims of Aliens. They are not the ELS, they do not understand what we have experienced."

She even received a small nod from the ELS Representative, the former Hero of the Earth Federation, Amuro Ray. Though that didn't stop her from continuing.

"While we will not accept these two Laws, we can still converse and discuss. As of this moment however, I do not think that any Block of the United Earth Alliance, Earth Federation, Zeon, nor the Colonies will accept rulership by the Citadel Alliance so long as they would call for such strict and backwards rules."

Smiles were spreading on most European leaders and many in the Colonies and Zaft, though it seemed several within the North American and some African countries were not all that thrilled. Those hailing from Asia, Island Nations* such as Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and the Republic of the Philippine showed no real investment nor dismissal.

"And yet you continue to push outdated government styles upon the rest of the human race. Reviving Monarchies and Empires from the ashes, where they should have stayed."

And there was the President of the Earth Federation, one of the few remaining places where the Mega Corporations still had their hooks in the political system via lobbying. Many had realized how much they had profited off the war and even aided LOGOs in their efforts to fuel an Industrial War Complex. This had led to many calling for massive taxation of the rich to help fuel repairs and rebuilding efforts.

Many of those rich did in fact chip in to help, funding projects to rebuild much of the damaged industry across the Earth Sphere. Those that didn't, those that loudly protested, were looked into. Some were greedy, but many still had ties to the now on the run Logos or benefited from their less then clean business practices. Ironically, the Italian and French Mafias were clean of those practices by this point. Though there were many politicians in both countries that vanished when it was made public their more debaucherous behaviors. Releena was however not having this conversation again.

"And as we have explained, the People called for this, after the gross misuse of power that the Obscenely Rich and Mega Corporations had enjoyed for nearly a century. Look at the devastation reaped on the Rainforest not only by Brazil, but by the Atlantic Federation before it was disbanded. The people pushed for a more stable political system. The Americas do not have to embrace it, but that is your choice."

Jonathan Max had nearly gone red in the face, something which Lacus frowned at her about, though Doli herself had a smirk plastered across her face.

"We are not here to debate this once again. We are here to discuss the membership of humanity into the Citadel Council. We can hold a vote after we have discussed their Laws."

Thus the meeting resumed, even as, in another location on Earth, a man was beginning to awaken from a near month-long coma.


0121.10.17

Serpent Nebula - Citadel

Flagship: Winds of the North

High Lord Commander Ofærr Stjarnagram

"Are you insane!?"

Ah there was the earful he was expecting since leaving Shanxi. The old man, nearly into his late seventies, groaned as he drew his hand over his face before turning one eye towards the screen. He was back aboard the ship, having left the Citadel but, having been assigned to stay near there to deliver Earth's intended response to their offer of joining the Alliance.

Ofaerr would turn his head to face that of his Second in the overall Alliance. A young Vice Lord Admiral of the Navy, Hendric Lordford, after all, given his age, those of the Great War had already left the military or were dead. Nor for the first time, Ofaerr felt his age once again by looking at the young man, not even twenty years of age.

"Lad. Remember who yer talkin to before given me lip. We had no time to let the Pencil Pushers or tha Bureaucrats, nor even the Royal League drag their feet. This is a precarious situation we find ourselves in."

The young man on the screen, blond of hair, blue of eyes, sighed but still glared at him. With nare a scar to his face or body, after all, he was apart of the new generation, one which, following the End War, pushed for a return to the approach to war that had otherwise been abandoned in the Age of Mobile Suits, which was for generals, commanders, and high ranking staff to at times take to the field as well alongside their soldiers. A push for them to return to commanding from seats in ships. Though, given the high casualties of the last war, there was no worry about the Old Guard pushing against that. So few still remained that practiced that. Ofaerr one of the few hangers on, despite his advanced age. Bodily Rejuvenation Treatments were a wonderful thing, but even they could only do so much.

"And I understand that My Lord, but you put yourself in a position that left you outside the sphere of Earth and her Allies influence. If something had happened to you, you know Earth would have gone to war. We are in a delicate situation with these Citadel Alliance given the clear favoritism that they show to the Batarian Hegemony."

Ofaerr could nod his head in understanding, that was the exact thought that crossed his mind as soon as he left for the Citadel itself. Even turning to look out the window, he watched the great arms of the Citadel in its slow rotation.

"Lad, that was tha specific reason I came here. From what that Turian, Deslar told me, tha Citadel relies on the Batarians to keep that lawless sect of space under something resembling order. Lest it spill out into the rest of the galaxy. We can't just decide tah gut em, even if the Slavin basterds have it comin."

The Old man would lean back with a sigh, already feeling the migrain itching back into place. He hated that the rod was being spared for the whip in this case. This wasn't his first rodeo when dealing with slavers after all, he had run ops against them personally before and after the End War had seen humanity rocked back. Now though, he was in a position of power but couldn't bring the full might of his wrath down on their heads.

"Though, I have made another decision, comin out here."

His hands tent as he leaned forward, giving a hard look to the Third Lord of the Earth Sphere. One of his direct subordiantes. A young Bulgarian Man in his early twenties. By the name of Krastyo Stoyanov Penchev. Most of the Officer Corps and that of the other leaders had been phased out in favor of the newest generation. What few remain are only in leadership roles.

"My Lord?"

He knew this moment was coming, so with a soft exhale, he would speak with Krastyo.

"When I return to Earth, We will be beginning tah process to put you in command of the United Earth Alliance Military. It is time I retire as Lord Admiral. My years of front line combat are far behind me, I am nearly eighty now. I can't keep this up, even with the technology we possess. It is time I pass the torch. We can discuss more when I return home."

Krastyo would appear floored by that response. He opened his mouth, then closed it for several seconds. It was clear he was having trouble with this news. Then with a cooling of his features, Krastyo would sigh out and slump back into the chair.

"You are really doing this to me? I had just settled into my role and now you are dumping this on me?"

The old man grinned towards the young man. He had every reason to after all. He loved fighting, he lived for it, even when he was pushing into his later seventies, he was not one to give up such things easily. Yet he saw a way to better humanity as a whole.

"And that be why I am given it to ya. Yah ain't ah glory hog or brown noser, yer gunna look out fer tah men and women beneath ya, and those between."

Humanity was such a complicated creature with its decisions and its pronunciations. The old man huffed but continued.

"We can talk properly when I return. Ofaerr Out."

With a click, he would turn off the comm station and stand, planning to take a walk to destress. There was so much that had been revealed to him with this trip, not to mention the weeks before and after the Shanxi Incident. The War Hawks within the Earth Sphere and its allies in the Nation States were pushing for war with the Batarians. Then again that was to be expected. Even with certain things nearly exterminated by the efforts of TERMINAL, Slavery was still an abhorrent practice.

"This can only end in blood..."

He frowned as he walked the coordinates of the ship, images of repeating events of Shanxi repeating within his mind every few seconds. He had left Hendric to deal with any additional calls and questions while he worked to piece his mind together from the last few days. Humanity needed to unify now more than ever in the face of the alien threat.

An entire galactic section, given over to the aliens. The only strength that humanity had was the God Gates in this game of cat and mouse. Yes, they could strike at their outer territories, but the problem was discovering and protecting the ones on their own. FTL gave them the advantage, and that was what worried him. He knew that the extent of the area that the Batarians controlled would demand more forces than the Conservatives were willing to offer and, more than that, there was no telling how long the conflict would go for.

Yet a small part of his mind demanded he abandon this farse of a face. To get into his Mobile Armor and make for the Batarian's Border. Then continue going. The wars were behind him, yet his blood demanded more for it. That side of him had been what had gotten him the attention of the many sides of the last few wars. He tried to put a clamp on such intrusive thoughts, but Shanxi had let the urges come roaring to the front again, after nearly twenty years, the want to fight had been beaten back by medication, and the lack of proper conflict outside of the brief war with the Devil Gundam and the ELS. Though were short affairs in comparison to what this is shaping up to be.

As he walked, arms men and Neo Mobile Dolls stop to salute. He would half-heartedly salute back towards them as well. His mind absorbed by both those thoughts and the upcoming decision he had to make. He breathed out softly, but ran a hand through his hair. Eventually, he would reach his room abord the Wind, sitting down at the terminal, he would input his security codes and clearances into the machine.

"Activate Sound Surpression, Activate Source Scrambling, Activate Long Range Communication Array, Connect to Twin_Queens."

Ofaerr sat back as he waited, given what he had heard, he knew that the global session and meetings were in session. The Queens and He needed to talk.


0121.11.05

Earth: Sol System

France:  Mont Saint Michel

Knight House Gremory

Knight Lord Ebenhorn Vest Gremory

He awoke with a slow and painful groan. The Knight Lord awoke beneath the great oaken timber beams of a roof, supporting slabs of stone, from which cast iron chandeliers. The hall echoes with the deep reverberating hymns of a choir somewhere nearby. The ancient building is offset by the sounds of machinery and other technology fashioned into the walls.

He was home, that much he knew. He recognized that ceiling anywhere, after all, he spent many years here. Waking up after particularly nasty brawls with his fellow squires or his instructors. Slowly, his head turned, a hiss slipping from clenched teeth as pain wracked his body still. Even with the medication that they had obviously put him on, it likely could only do so much. Yet he slightly frowned. His last memories before passing out was of fighting. His hammer and his weapon.

Did they win? Did they beat back the aliens? Did Shanxi fall? There were so many questions going through his drug addled mind. Yet the drugs were doing their best effort to keep him from focusing. Head would fall back onto a pillow, even as the sound of one of the heavy oaken doors opened.

Eyes open once more to behold a blob of color which steadily came into focus. That being of an old man in a habit of brown. A small smile worked its way into the face of the old man, even as a a thin stream of silver which caused Ebonhorn to blink. Though only one eye was able to actually see, considering the bandages covering his face.

"My Son, you've awoken, your companion, IV-192 alerted me that you've awoken. How are you feeling?"

Elder Max was old by the standards of the Order, one of its founding members in fact. Always having looked out for the newest Knights of the Order. A small smile creeped into Ebonhorn's features as he slowly nodded his head.

"I am awake Elder…though I confess I wish I wasn't."

The old man smiled softly; he nodded his head in fact. Only imagining the pain he must be in. Ebonhorn's face is obscured by a ball of silver liquid which rose from his bedside, IV-192 leaning over him to run a brief beam of light across his body.

"Organic Vessel has repaired some Ten Percent since arriving. Recommend increased efforts."

Max would shake his head, patting the large blob of liquid metal before looking at the young man.

"You will recover. I wanted to come in to check how you are doing. With the situation as I have heard, you may be called on again…It sounds as though war may be inevitable."

That news caused Ebonhorn to frown slightly, before nodding. After what he had seen, even with his mind in a fog, he needed moments to rest and recover. The fighting had been fierce and long. His body was a mess, given how much damage not only his armor, but his body had sustained in the last days of the fighting. He was lucky to be alive.

His head turned, looking towards the Elder first, and then closed his eyes. Listening to the sounds of the Monastery, the clack of wooden swords, the soft chants, and the wind outside the glass-stained windows outside, he softly smiled.

"Yes, you are right, the fighting was fierce, it was brutal, and the alien, they showed no mercy. Slavers, that was what I had come to understand about the enemy we faced over the month. They showed no quarter in the fighting. Likely took many as slaves."

The images were still burned into his mind, the disregard for human decency, or alien for that matter. The images of the enslaved aliens still rung in his mind, and, had he not been on medication, he would likely have had nightmares about it. He could see the face of the Elder twist, a frown marring his aging features.

"That...was not told to the general public. Slavery? So the aliens you faced were slavers?"

Oh, that may not have been the best thing to say. They weren't told? Oh this was not going to go over well.

"Ah..yes Elder. They were Slavers. I thought you knew that?"

The older man shook his head with a slight frown before he stood up. A sinking suspicion in Ebonhorn's gut told him that the man was not about to set the stage of a long and bloody war.

"I am going to talk with the other elders..."

He turned and left, leaving the two alone. His own fears founded, he meant to rise and chase after the Elder, but found his own weakened body, now missing its arm, found it had not the strength to rise from its bed.

"IV-192, did I just set the Knight Houses on a War Path?"


Author's Notes!

Date Started: 11/29/2022


Information

House of Words: The House of refers to the collective governmental body over the three major Blocs of the Earth Sphere. Those being Zeon, The Federation, and the United Earth Alliance. It is here that wider reaching laws and reforms are passed for the wider alliance. However smaller chambers are afforded to nations wishing to engage in diplomatic options.

Island Nations: Those nations that maintain their sovereignty in the face of the major Blocs forming before the turn of the Century. Some might consider it a major example of divergent history in which the nations, which in our timeline would have been assimilated or forced to join one of the larger Empires during the Age of Sails, managed to keep that from occurring. They now produce the highest example of handmade mobile suits rather than Mass Produced lines due to their smaller size but higher quality compared to the primary Blocs. Aquatic Mobile Suits as well find excellent use as the primary mobile suits of the nation's alongside wet navies. They have shown a propensity towards aquatic worlds to colonize as well.

Mont Saint Michel: Named for the founder of the Order of Gremory, the Holy Saint Michel was one of the first to emerge from the war torn lands of Italy with students behind him. Baring Italian Power Armor and Weapons, they fought to drive the Atlatnic Federation from their shores through a brutal frontline assault. Italy, lacking the production capabilities for Mobile Suits, sought to protect their soldiers. Leading them to become the leading production of Power Armor for the Knightly Orders exclusively.

Chapter 10: Heated Discussions

Summary:

While Humanity now meets on the political stage following their first contact, old enemies move in the shadows and Saren is back.

Chapter Text

I am sorry for how long this took to put out, between vacations in June, my work having me sometimes work 5 out of 7 days, and my own hobbies outside of writing, it took me some time to complete. But here it is. Chapter 12


Gundam belongs to Bandai. Mass Effect to EA. Star Trek to Viacom. I own none of the material mentioned here.


Unchanged Dialogue = Primary Focused Character

Bold Dialogue = Radio Transmissions

Italicized Dialogue = Additional Characters


0121.11.08

Serpent Nebula - Citadel

Council Chamber

Galactic Council

Councilor Tarvos

 

    She had steeled herself when the “human” had returned after their deliberation a month later. The man that they had selected for this, as who had talked with them last month, now stood before the collective Councilors within the chamber. Though the features of the man before them held a lot of consideration towards something, he kept his face as featureless as possible. Valern and Sparatus both watched with anticipation. Then the old looking Human spoke.

“Councilors of the Citadel Alliance. The United Earth Alliance, the Federation of Colonies, and the Zeon Empire, alongside those minor empires and nations within the wider Umbrella of the United Earth Alliance, have decided upon a decision in regards to your offerings. With votes within the House of Words as of six days ago. We have decided to reject joining with the wider Citadel Alliance.”

That caused a hushed silence to fall upon the Council Chambers as the three looked towards him, then towards each other, Sparatus was the first to speak as he pushed out of his chair, hands slamming down atop the podium. 

“You would reject the galactic community and all the benefits that come with it? Are you mad? You likely have the Batarians breathing down your necks, they have come in claiming you fired on their ships first.”

Tarvos didn’t believe that. She never would have. The Batarians were many things, but telling the whole truth? That was something they never did. She knew the other Council members didn’t believe that either. There was no telling when a shooting war would break out. The council needed to try and get the humans to not act hastily. They knew from their contacts across the Citadel, that the Humans that had so far visited were showing aggression towards several aliens. They likely still had a lot of xenophobia in regards to aliens. Given their supposed second contact was with the Batarians, that made sense.

Yet Ofaerr continued with a raised hand.

“Nay lad, there are several stipulations within your agreement to join that the United Earth Alliance can not in good faith accept as it would violate several of our overall laws and constitutions within several minor and larger nations under the Charter of Aligned Nations*.”

Well that was confusing, but also interesting at the same time, that the Humans would somehow violate the rights of its citizens by… no…

Tarvos would suck in a breath as she spoke, drawing all the attention in the room.

“You either utilize Genetic tampering or AI in the wider Aligned Nations…don’t you?”

That caused both Councilors to snap their heads towards the human with some confusion and even a little amount of fear. They already had Monarchies and Empires across their wider spectrum, with things like democratically elected officers fewer apparently. Based on comments made by humans. This was after all a species which had worked to do away with such centers of corruption, only to invite the corruption of outdated, in her eyes, governing systems.

“Nailed it. Ambrosia! Step forward and Introduce yerself.”

He motioned for one of his guards, who had been waiting behind him, dressed in what appeared to be some kind of large ruffled black and white dress. Long sleeves with a part of the top of the dress exposing the rims of her cleavage, and a frilled white cloth running atop her head. This one had been allowed passed security, simply saying that she was here to speak for the Earth Alliance as well. Then she opened her eyes, and revealed them to be a pail green. Her skin had a slightly darker coloration, though when asked, they were told that she was “tan”. Hailing from the Phillipian Kingdom. 

“Thank you for the chance to speak. I am Ambrosia of the Phillipine Kingdom of Earth, and am a member of the Synthetic Nation as well. We, being what is known as Neo Mobile Dolls, are given full rights as sovereign citizens of the United Earth Alliance and its Aligned Nations. Including the rights to self govern, vote, and apply for work. Though we are artificial and made of code, we are treated as though we are humans as well.”

It took all of Tarvos’es composure to not stand up and launch a Biotic blast towards them. The fact that this thing was not only a synthetic life form, some kind of asaranoid AI, but the gall of the human diplomat to bring it here. She saw several guards reach for their own weapons, before Valren held up a hand and looked into Ofaerr’s eyes.

“This is a very dangerous game. We could have you both shot for breaking a fundamental charter of the Council Laws. AIs are strictly prohibited and for good reason. They are untrustworthy, prone to Rebellion, as shown with the Quarian Species, whos Ai workforce, the Geth, turned on them, and drove them from their homeworld. They are now a nomadic nation, whos cut ties to the Citadel.”

What wasn’t said was the damnation of the Council at the time by cutting ties with them, rather than the other way around. Unless the Humans got in touch with the Migrant Fleet, they wouldn’t know about the lie. Though the synthetic before them didn’t bat an eye as she stayed beside the human, watching, though she made no movements otherwise.

“Aye, and I will have to confirm that for myself. The next point of contention is that a good third of our population is genetically augmented. We refer to them as Coordinators. While The other half are normal humans, you have likely been informed of New Types and Innovators. Both are both branches of humanity if you will.”

It just kept getting better and better. It was no wonder that they had otherwise rejected their offering to join. This collective society was seemingly a vast contradiction to the Council’s Views. Though even as the three processed this, Ofaerr held up a hand as he tucked the other one behind his back.

“Now I didn’t say we had all rejected your proposal. There is a small collective that has otherwise decided to agree to the terms of your wishes, and as such has succeeded from wider Humanity.”

The Humans weren’t agreeing on everything? Well that might be the right step in correcting things. Even if they were still young, they would in the end damn themselves if they didn’t adhere to the Council. Though, given the look that the man was giving the other human that had stepped up to the podium, he was more than likely prepared to kill. There was a lot of contention there. The man was young, lacking the aged features of the few humans she’d seen. A member of the newest generations then. Bright brown eyes and brown hair atop a pale complexion of skin.

“Thank you for the chance to speak with you, Councillors, I am sure we can speak at greater length in the future. My name is President Clark, President of the Systems Alliance, which opposes the current ruling body of the wider humanity. We are willing to accept the Ruling of the Council in exchange for joining the wider Galactic Community. We reject the archaic views and practices which have seen a return to the wider sphere of humanity over the last twenty years. As such, we are willing to accept your verdicts and laws. In exchange, we are willing to share with you several pieces of technology that the others would not.”

Oh the anger from the older man was now front and center, along with the Thing’s , own scandalous face. The fact they had spent money and research in giving the thing the ability to otherwise alter its facial features was highly disconcerting. Ofaerr looked as though he was about to throw a punch. Obviously, this wasn’t what he had in mind, he likely knew this President Clark was willing to join the Citadel, but the offering of technology was not one he had counted on, or one that they had discussed before. Clark himself held a smirk as he regarded the old man behind him. 

“This is an acceptable exchange. The development of Ai and Genetic Modification are banned within the System Alliance, in exchange for the trade of technology. You will be able to trade openly on the wider galactic market at reduced rates in exchange for the new technology that you bring to the table.”

Ofaerr looked ready to murder, before he breathing in and letting it out. 

“While we may not be accepting these laws, we are still open to trading with the council. Though we can’t accept to violate the rights of our citizens, we can at least keep things civil between our nations.”

The look that Clark was giving the older man was nothing short of condescending. Oh, there was quite a bit of bad blood there between the two parties. That may be a point of conflict between both humanities. Though Tarvos was a shrewd Asari, she wasn’t about to lose this chance to potentially weaken the newest member of the galactic community and get them reliant on the Asari as a whole. 

She released a sigh, masking the enjoyment she was getting watching everything that was currently ongoing before her. So she stood up and nodded to the others within the room.

“I think that is enough for the moment. This meeting of the Galactic Councils is currently on recess so that all parties may have a moment to talk amongst ourselves and deliberate the coming decisions.”

With that, she turned to leave, along with her two fellows behind. Turning, she watched the humans and the Thing follow out through the other door at the entrance to the Council Chambers.


0121.11.08

Serpent Nebula - Citadel

United Earth Alliance

Diplomat: Ofærr Stjarnagram

 

    It was taking everything that he had not to take President Clark’s head off as the man smugly walked ahead of him. He could feel the very air of triumph the young man exuded. American by birth, as always, the nation had held that stupid arrogance that they had developed since the Second World War and even all the way up to the End War. Their propaganda machine had never ceased, even after the nation had been struck with the atrocities they committed against both Zaft and Zeon. 

“You are playin a damn dangerous game lad. Do ya have any idea what you could kick off by arming these aliens with Beam weapons?”

He stepped up and got around the young, and, thinner man. Towering over him and far surpassing the civilian in mass. Yet he never lost that air of confidence. Even as he looked back up towards him.

“Yes, I do know. I and many others within the Systems Alliance watched as humanity slid back into barbaric practices such as Monarchism and Nobility. Religion making a comeback. We should have continued on. You helped make all this possible by your own admission. We reject your rule and your rights as humans. Just as you embrace abominations such as Mobile Dolls, or have you forgotten how they butchered so many during their first unveiling?”

How could he forget them? He fought tooth and nail against them for nearly two years. Their assault alongside the Earth Federation on Scandinavia all those years ago following the Devil Gundam’s attack on Mars had reminded him of the teeth Mobile Dolls possessed. 

“I know greater than you tah dangers that Mobile Dolls pose. Which is why I trust ones like Ambrosia or those that I fought alongside in Shanxi. Against the Rebels years before. I know better than ya. So I trust em.”

He placed a hand on Ambrosia’s shoulder. Giving it a soft squeeze again, which caused her to smile and Clark to snarl and shove past him, as best he could. A civilian had very little actual ability to really push a soldier around, even one as old as him. Weaklings, the lot of them.

“You had best hope that the Empresses stay on their side of the line and do not attempt to interfere with System Alliance Policies and Politics.”

If he had his way, He’d have likely just put him down and crushed the Systems Alliance as it should. Rumors had already begun circulating about refugees fleeing that sector of space, mainly Coordinators and Neo Mobile Dolls. They were likely already starting to put the Citadel’s Policies into place long before they had arrived. 

The old man breathed through his nose as he eyed the young man before he spoke. 

“And ya best hope you don’t give me reason to come pay ya a visit. If ya violate tah Rights of yer Citizens. I will bring the Alliance down on ya. Hard.”

The two stared at one another, then the other snorted and turned to leave. Not saying anything. The old man had said his peace. They’d leave on separate dropships. There was going to be trouble back home over this. Finally, after the Diplomat moved out of sight, the old man released a breath. 

“Damnation…I thought we’d dealt with them. Seems they don’t yet just lay down and die.”

Ambrosia blinked and looked up at him in confusion. 

“Blue Cosmos Las. Logos. Romafeller. Call em what ya like. Seems they didn’t die out.”

For being a synthetic, she showed enough emotion to blanch. Causing him to snort but nod his head. This is a dangerous situation now. He remembered how badly the Atlantic Federation had become under their grooming eyes as mass murderers. Each time they tried wiping them out, they just sprang back up. At least they had seemingly rid the earth of them. Perhaps not as well as they’d have liked. 

“I could be wrong though. But I doubt it.”

He breathed before starting back towards their assigned rooms. Eye shifting towards the Citadel Security.  Though they had visits to hide their faces, the Turians were clearly watching Ambrosia. He was already beginning to regret even reaching out to these people.


0121.11.08

Serpent Nebula - Citadel

Citadel Spectors

Location: Unknown

    Saren sighed as he held his arms behind his back. The recent foray into human space still sat with him. Even after discreetly transmitting what he’d seen back through the Sub-Dimensional Relay back home. The Great Link may not exist here but the others were curious as to this reality. They possessed a lower technological threshold but were infinitely larger in terms of area they occupied across the galaxy. 

Humanity however was unlike what he expected. It was, backwards, towards, advanced, primitive, all rolled into one massive confusing mess that left him conflicted. This reality showed it was ripe for conquest. The relays worked in their favor. 

Though, recently, without the Great Link, he’d felt a calling. Being back in the Citadel only helped to amplify those feelings. Now though, he needed to focus on the now. Councilor Tarvos was talking to him. Hopefully soon he could drop the facade. His time amongst these single forms soon should come to an end. 

His musings are interrupted as the Specter Handler placed a data pad down before herself. The Asari Matriarch is there to record the upcoming debriefing.

“Now what did you see while on the human planet, Specter Saren. We now know they possess Artificial intelligence .”

Oh so that’s why the Councillors were on edge. Though he understood to an extent. Ai was something that the Founders had never really delved into despite their advanced technology. It likely was just natural. Why rely on something like that? It was almost primitive. Though he shook his head either way. 

“That is correct, I did see some of their automaton soldiers, and I think they were civilians. Of all things. It was a strange situation and I didn’t have much time to see what all their society was like outside of the free time I had while confined to a cell.”

Though he had ways to get out, he also knew how dangerous that would have been should he had attempted it. Though given the amount of technology that had been monitoring him, he likely would have been spotted the moment he tried. In this regard, he respected the humans of this reality compared to his own home reality. Though they were still unevolved savages and brutes. 

“I see, was there anything else you wish to report? Perhaps about your previous captors?”

He was wondering when they were going to get to that as well. There had been a Lot that he had overheard and seen upon being “captured” by the batarians. Mainly things that would likely set the Citadel races ill at ease. Though the more conflict they experience, the easier the galaxy will be harvested-

He stopped, his eyes narrowing as he ran that last back through his mind. That wasn’t right. He was snapped out of his own confusion by the eyes of the Handler. He didn’t even bother to ask her her name.

“The batarians had been gearing up for something, of that I am sure. When I was brought in for harvesting in the Terminus, a small outpost for pirates, well, the last time we had intel there, it was small. What I saw supported a full fleet and base had replaced what was once a small time outpost. It held a fleet of several thousand, likely the fleet which had struck the human world. Alongside it were numerous space stations and forts across the planet. I think I saw an old Turian Terraformation machine being assembled on one of the moons. They are likely to turn it into a fully fledged assault point into the rest of the Traverse.”

Even if he didn’t think they would have posed a threat to the Dominion, there was no reason to assume they couldn’t drown them in ships and bodies till they were torn apart beneath the assault of numbers alone. Then there were reports of the Quarians and their new allies. He knew the reports, he knew what he had seen in them.

Borg.

A borg cube was in this reality. He watched the handler jot down the information and detail it in the report for the councilors.  He would not reveal the existence of a force that even scared the Great Link and Founders. There was no telling to what they would discover if they went looking for-

There it was again, a thought that had no place being within his head. Why should he care if the Council went snooping in the dark places of the galaxy and unearthed something? The borg were a present threat that might even derail the plans of the Dominion should they seek to claim this galaxy.

Yet he held his tongue for reasons he could no longer understand. Something was happening. Something to him, and for the first time in his unnatural life, he was scared.

Not that the Handler saw any of that.

“I will have to bring this to the council, it is likely we will be seeing conflict with the Batarians. You should expect more missions in the near future as a result. Dismissed.”

He would stand and nod, turning to leave the room. This left him with a lot of questions to contemplate, and not enough answers. Though he knew for sure of only one thing. He was not well. Perhaps the years away from the Great Link was starting to affect him in ways he couldn’t even begin to explain and it frightened him to extents he couldn’t explain.


0121.11.08

Earth: Sol System

House of Words

Empress Relena Yuy Peacecraft

    The Empress of Humanity looked out from the decking as the half asleep form of Heero Yuy lay in their shared bedding. The empress was scared, for the first time in twenty years, she truly felt that life had thrown her a curve ball that she didn’t know how to deal with. War looked inevitable as the old machine that was mankind’s fighting fire started to awaken in an intensity not seen since the end of the End Wars.

The Batarians had proven nothing if not monstrous if the records recovered by the Neo-Mobile Dolls on the Citadel were any indication. Though the information that they had gleaned had left a lot of confusion and a lot of data they needed to parse through. After all, the age of the station didn’t match what the Citadel Council Said. A lot of information didn’t match up with historic records. 

The batarians were everything that Blue Cosmos was and more so. To the fact that they proved to be worse in many ways. Slavery, butchering, piracy, black market, and many other documented crimes of the people that held sway over the whole of the Terminus Sector of the Galaxy. She and Lacus had to make a choice, one before their children came of age to ascend to the throne. The near forty year old woman placed a hand upon her stomach.

Though another hand soon gripped hers as Heero would stand beside her, silent as ever, she barely even heard his approach or the shifting of the bed. Lords knew he was the cause of its current creaking and the need for replacement beams.

“Something on your mind?”

His voice was comforting, even if it lacked any emotion. Just another reason she cursed the men that had turned her husband into the killing machine he had been during the Morning War. Yet she held his hand either way, she loved him unconditionally after all.

“Yes, but I know the next call will not be one many will look fondly upon. It may even require you and the others. We face an enemy that may well be the final end to our peace. Their attack, the calls from the Citadel, the retiring of our Lord Commander. The breaking away of what will become the Systems Alliance. We stand at a crossroads. Mankind may once more be going to war.”

He held her hand, the idea of him getting back into Wing Zero Albion did nothing to comfort her. As powerful as the machine was, the odds this time painted a picture that meant their enemy may well outnumber their ships one hundred to one. They would be forced to shift into a war time economy which would prove disastrous in the event that nothing came out of small border skirmishes with the aliens. 

“Then we will meet it together, as we did during the End War. I’ll be there, right beside you after all.”

She took comfort in that, and him, though she allowed herself a small smile as she ran her hand across his chin and cheek, feeling the stubble that ran across it.

“Then…I think a retaliatory strike is called for, don’t you? They struck us, so it is only fair that we do the same…”

She may be a patient woman, advocating for true pacificity, but she also knew that the open hand will be repaid with a raised fist or worse. So she would respond in time. She would not have a repeat of the burning of her kingdom. Pacificism had its place, but they needed to show they were not helpless in the face of untenable odds.

“Tomorrow, we call the Alliance and the Lords. We will make an example of the Batarians, even if it costs us. We need to stand our ground in the face of their unprovoked aggression and establish ourselves.”

Heero would merely nod, there was understanding there, the two old war vets holding one another as the moon started to rise, casting their home into light, the light of an uncertain future.


Author's Notes!

Date Started: 05/23/2023

Date Finished: 08/4/2023

There we go, chapter 21 is officially finished. Sorry for the wait!

I have actually been working on a few other stories but in bits and pieces, on top of my own book and this story.


Information Added since the Last Chapter.

Troop, Mobile Suit, and Vehicle Transports:

Wet Ships:

Fighters:

Ground Vehicles:

Heavy Vehicle/Land Ships:

Mobile Suits:

Special Units:

Gundams:

Mobile Armors:

Space Ships of the Line:

Space Stations:


Information

Nothing new this chapter, however there is one small amount of info to let you know about. For post Timeskip, meaning between 0100 and 0121, the Gundams, Mobile Suits, Mobile Armors, Ships, and Weapons are going to be the same ones from 00, AGE, IBO, and the newest series. You will, as expected, see old models from everything before, as we irl have seen, still use it if we can and aren’t hurting for money. So Leos fighting alongside those of Muramasas.

Charter of Aligned Worlds: The Charter of Aligned Worlds is a detailed list of smaller human colonies that have not joined with one of the three major power Blocs, thus allowing them to have more autonomy and production not defined by charters and regulations of larger nations.

Chapter 11: New Reality

Summary:

The new Reality sets in for both Ofaerr and Tali as they deal with the situations changing for their people.

Chapter Text

Gundam belongs to Bandai. Mass Effect to EA. Star Trek to Viacom. I own none of the material mentioned here.


Unchanged Dialogue = Primary Focused Character

Bold Dialogue = Radio Transmissions

Italisized Dialogue = Additional Characters


0121.12.12
Serpent Nebula - Citadel

United Earth Alliance

Ofærr Stjarnagram

The last month has been anything but relaxing for the old man as, after several additional visits to the hostile councilors, alongside the visitation of both Empresses, humanity had managed to earn its very own embassy upon the Citadel Soil in exchange for not bringing any Neo Dolls or ELS onto the station. While that was considered discrimination under the AI-Charter of 0104*, they had to make the sacrifice for future access to the expansive galaxy unless they wished to deal with massive tariffs or outright denial for their expansion from the systems that they had claimed in the last 20 years.

This in itself should not have been as much a problem if not for the situation with their wayward cousins in the newly formed Systems Alliance. Corporation backed interest groups and what he was still considering to be the remnants of the various genocidal masters of Blue Cosmos led a nation once again. He'd raised his fears with the Empresses. They had agreed with his assessment, but also recognized that the situation at the moment was fragile. The council was watching them, waiting for a moment to politically push against mankind and it's Allie's.

At the very least, as he sat down within his seat, he was able to contemplate. Besides the empresses, he'd seen a few familiar faces within the citadel. Coming and going. The integration into the galactic society had seen many strange things occur within the last month. Visits from both soldiers or Gundam pilots. From nobility to politicians. An exhausting month for the otherwise military minded man. Which was why he'd nearly knocked out several men from the Systems Alliance and the Asari. One for bad mouthing the sacrifices made by soldiers during the One Year War and another demanding the eradication of AI within the Alliance.

At the moment however, he had a very different situation on his hands.

"How did you think entering orbit without protective gel was a smart idea!"

The pint sized head of the Bathory House slammed her hands into the top of his desk while she glared at the older man. This was an argument they had the day before he left for the Citadel and he'd hoped that this conversation was finished. He's starting to grow irritated with how often people keep bringing up his actions. He'd done similar during the various wars on earth before the Union!

"And as I've said to you, tah empresses, and about Ah hundred others, my mobile armor was rated for re-ntery lass."

That response only earned him a growl mixed with a scream that caused those outside to try and tuck their heads in to see what was going on. Thankfully, House Guards* from House Bathory kept them from viewing their mistress as she started to chew the old and retired Lord Admiral out. Though it only lasted ten minutes before the pint sized Baroness collapsed into her seat, causing the old man to raise an eyebrow on his one good eye. Though his good humor would slip away as confusion and concern bled in.

"Las, are ya alright?"

It was somewhat expected, he'd been out of the wider loop following his actions at Shanxi. Those calling for a different approach to war had finally ousted him, though he will continue to state it was in the end his idea to leave behind the actual wider military command structure and retire. Likely, those working within the UEA and Systems Alliance were doing their best to block information from reaching him.

"Shaxi is a mess and the System's Alliance are pushing had to have the system given over to them. Lobbying and needling the UEA to surrender rights to the system as a show of good will to the Council and so that they can start picking apart Batarian Ships and vehicles to better get a technological edge over us. My house has been dealt with cleaning up the overall mess of the area, given how I was present when the fighting came to its end. Had me running all across Space and dealing with posh layabouts."

She stuck her tongue out while sighing once again, a shake of her head before a small smile crossed her own features following that.

"But I've been able to secure additional trade routes for my house with the Turians and Salarians. They won't let any members of my House that are ELS or Neo Mobile Dolls, but I have succeeded in getting more Element Zero for wider distribution for scientific academies."

Sometimes, the old man forgot that the young woman before him was raised with the intent to run a Noble House, and she was doing a wonderful job of it, he reckoned. Gone were the child-like features, replaced with a business look as she pulled out a data slate and slipped it over to him. The former Lord took the slate and began to parse through the information, causing him to whistle as he came down to a figurate number.

"That..is ah lot ah zeroes. Impressive."

His praise earned him a smirk and a thrusting of her non-existent chest as she beamed at the praise from the older man. Still craving admission of her greatness it seemed. Even when she was a cadent under him, as all noble children must be, she hadn't much changed. He had to resist the urge to pat her head as she calmed down.

"Want yah to keep doin what ya can. Only so much I can do from 'ere. 'Owever, you should be aware that tah Batarians are pushing for sanctions against not only the Alliances, but your House specifically."

Which was to be expected, those who were present at the battle were being singled out by the larger Hegemony such as the House Bathony, The Knight House of Gremory, and even the Nobles of Shanxi. Thankfully, the UAE has kept the existence and the pilot of the large Mobile Armor which kicked off their counter offensive secret. Even the Systems Alliance had kept him out of official documents.

So that was a good thing, but that in itself left him worried and agitated in his moments of silence. He half expected his involvement in the destruction of LOGOS during the End War. Now though, with a shake of his head, he turned his attention back towards her with a hum. She looked like she had more to say.

"They are being laughed out of any court any time they try to bring this against the Houses. They can't gain traction thankfully, but I think that is just them trying for a more sneaky way to control us..something tells me they are going to try for a more direct approach sooner rather than later. Are you sure you can't come out of retirement?"

He smiled sadly and slid the item back across the table and into her hand once again. She looked so small, even more than she did before. It almost caused him to reconsider the orders the Empresses gave him about retirement to save him from taking the fall for the Shanxi situation. That had fallen on the now Admirals that were there. Most being discharged or stripped of their rank. He hoped they were doing well.

"I am sorry las…my days of fightin are passed. I'm old, far older than should have been allowed to lead from tha front. Though…I do have ah request. If ya could clear with tha Empresses, to have the Slátr brought 'ere.?"

He missed her, he'd grown to rely on her for years following her completion. With the way things have been, it just left him feeling naked. He didn't have to worry about another pilot trying to get in her either. The "Sisters" likely would just reject anyone else that could control its temperamental AIs or its dual Zero Systems. Though his question caused the young woman to grin towards him and place her hands on her hips, standing up as she kicked over the chair as well.

"Oh, that, that I can do! You are talking to the great Head of the Bathory House after all!"

Her outburst caused heads to turn again, causing him to break into laughter, much to the blushing of the younger woman. Though he still couldn't get a beed on what was the cause. Perhaps he was merely embarrassing her.


0121.10.15

Terminus Systems - Unnamed Sector

Geth/Quarian Fleet

Elnaria nar Rayya

Tali'Zorah nar Rayya

Tali was, for lack of a better word. Angry. No, angry wasn't quite the word that she was feeling as the strange alien vessel punched out into the same system that their ship had fled from all those weeks ago. Looking at the remains of those Quarian Ships which had been caught in the ambush. Now, it was filled with two distinct fleets which were squaring off. On one side, the Quarian Migrant Fleet. Nearly Sixty Thousand vessels of all shapes and sizes.

"You did what?!"

On the other side of space, now that the refugees had been secured, was a Geth Fleet. Though they were accompanied by a few strange and symmetrical vessels of various geometric shapes. They stuck out in comparison to the Geth own near organic appearing ships. Both sides held at a stand still, though from scans, the Quarians Heavy and Light Military Fleets both had guns primed and locked to Geth Ships. The only reason they hadn't fired was that they were still trying to figure out what was going on.

Tali stood before her father in the flagship of the Quarian Migrant Fleet. Her father looked towards her with arms behind his back, even after taking a punch to the stomach from his impulsive daughter. She was happy he did but now her hand hurt. After all, he had led the Geth right to the fleet! What was stopping them from finishing what they started.

"I did what I did to bring you home."

That was a weak excuse and he knew it, but her anger was somewhat diminished when she regarded the alien and the other quarian in the room. Unlike Tali and her father, this one held no mask, had no environmental suit, in fact, she looked to be rather robust in features, compared to herself. She had introduced herself as Valnia Falta. A Quarian of Rannoch. The fact that she stood there, without suit, was enough to convince her that this woman before her wasn't insane. Not to mention the Human. News had started to trickle in about the newest addition to the galaxy. They had weathered an assault by the Batarians after all, and beat them back. Though she'd played little attention to them compared to the absolute insanity that her father had brought upon her people with this alliance.

"You brought them to us though! What is to stop them from wiping us out?!"

The other Admirals would be here soon, they had rushed over from their respective ships, but for now she was able to grill her father. Young as she was, this was still a massive breach of her trust! Then a clearing of the throat brought her attention to the other quarian in the room.

"I understand your anger, though to a smaller extent. I am here to represent our people back in our colony systems."

That in itself threw her for a loop. Her people that, the Live Fleet had apparently left behind on Rannoch for siding with the Geth had not only survived, but prospered and thrived alongside their robotic servants and had re-expanded back out to pre-Morning War status. Tali breathed out while holding her face, even as the door slid open and the other admirals came in. Then the shouting started.

As Tali was led out by the human, she couldn't help but look up towards the older woman while frowning within her helmet. So many questions swirled within her head that she wanted to ask the woman. Ask the human. Like why she was with the Geth, why was she not with her people. Was she an outcast? Though, perhaps picking up on the young Quarian girls interest, she would turn towards her with something akin to a crooked smile as the doors slid behind and muffled the yelling of the Admiralty.

"So I take it you have something to ask me?"

Oh she had many questions, even as she sat down on one of the benches. This wasn't to say that she trued the human. They had only just emerged onto the galactic stage after all. From what info that she and the rest of the estranged had gathered by hacking into Batarian facilities and their unprotected comms. There was little that a bored quarian couldn't do when left alone.

"Why are you with that Suitless Quarian? Why are you with the Geth? Did they capture you? Is that why you have that device around your eye? Why did my father decide to help the Geth? Nothing about today makes sense!"

This drew a chuckle from the human, whom she was told went by 7 of 9. A strange name, and the fact that she used numbers, as she was told, the human version and names for mathematics. The laughter left her fuming, as though the human had just been told a joke. Though she raised her hands in a placating manner before speaking.

"No no, sorry. You just reminded me of a group of people I know that are as inquisitive as you. As to answer your questions in order. I've been living with the people on Rannoch for a good year now since I..split. Shall we say, from my people. The Geth and I have a mutual understanding. They didn't capture me. The device is a leftover relic from my time amongst my people. Though it has been giving me trouble as of late."

That last question would actually cause her to frown at the young Quarian girl as she seemed to be chewing over how best to properly respond to it. With a soft sigh, she would place a hand on her shoulder. It felt weird.

"Fathers do a lot of things we may never truly understand. You shouldn't be to worried. He just wanted you home, and to be fair to him, we reached out first to him following your loss."

That actually threw her for a loop. What? He didn't approach the Geth? The Geth approached them?

"Wait…but the Geth hate us!"

That is what they had been told for generations since their annexation from Rannoch and their abandonment by the Council. Now, now that was being drawn into question by the human before her. It left so much of the situation a confusing mess!

"They don't hate you. After all. They can't hate. They are digital beings driven by logic, not emotions. Everything they do, they do with logic behind it. Even if that is at times very much to their own detriment. After all, can't crack jokes with them either."

See! They were inferior to Quarians! They couldn't even make jokes. Yet the human held up a hand as she shifted in her seat and held up her arm, tapping it a few times.

"Would you like to meet the Geth that convinced your father to plan this extremely insane rescue mission?"

What? Was she insane now? What was with adults today! Tali jumped off her seat with a rapid shake of her head, rushing away, causing the woman to release a tired sigh and move back into the room. Her mother likely had better answers the insanity that had become her father!


Author's Notes!

Date Started: 08/04/2023

So one thing I need to clear up is that time and scaling for this setting is massively fucked. One of the biggest ones is with Tali. So after double checking on 10/23, I realized that she, at the time of the first game, was only 22 in ME1. That the events of the game take place 26 years after the First Contact War. So technically, she should not actually be here and I inserted her too early. To rectify this, I am having the events of ME take place much earlier. That should only lower the ages of people maybe by 5-6 years with little actually occurring.

Date Finished: 10/23/2023


Information

AI-Charter of 0104: The charter intended and implemented in the year 0104 after the first AI gained true sentience. A Mobile Doll, a sign of the future that would become the Neo Mobile Dolls. The Charter's intention is to provide full rights and protections over artificial intelligence. Those found breaking said laws receive the same judicial punishment as those caught human trafficking. The Haugh awaits them.

House Guard: The name is fairly self explanatory given their role within the respective Major and Minor Houses of Earth and her Colonies, though less present within System Alliance, and even that, their Houses are being degraded by Corpos pushing and meddling from the remainder of LOGOs. They are generally clad in either their own House's specially designed armor and weapons, or one generation behind the Militaries own. They are the hammer of their respective House.

Chapter 12: Operation Midway

Summary:

Humanity isn't about to take Shanxi Laying down. Abigail and her Wife find themselves staring down the barrels at the Batarians. Humanity will have its vengence.

Notes:

Gundam belongs to Bandai. Mass Effect to EA. Star Trek to Viacom. I own none of the material mentioned here.

Unchanged Dialogue = Primary Focused Character
Bold Dialogue = Radio Transmissions
Italicized Dialogue = Additional Characters

Chapter Text

0121.11.12

14th Autonomus Neo-Mobile Doll Combat Squad

Operation Midway Fleet*

Ulysses’s Folly: EDI-402 Laohu-Kai*

Shadow Sea Relay 

Neo Mobile Doll, Abigail William von Endrota

Neo Mobile Doll, Luvinia William von Endrota

OZ-04MD Virgo III: (Necro)

 

    Two months, two months since Shanxi, two months since her world was turned upside down by the reveal that there were aliens outside of the ELS. Two months since the second half of her mind had been violently awoken by some unknown alien. She’d kept quiet about it, refusing to open up anymore. 

 

    Two months since she’d been saved from a premature deactivation by her own mind. The other side, the other program, had been dormant so far, but she could detect it now taking up a section of data banks within her mind that had otherwise had minimal space obstructed. Now though, she had a friend, to an extent. Someone to talk to when the programming activates during times of stress.

 

    Which was a lot nowadays going by the amount of meetings and the routine checks by engineers and other Mobile Dolls. She was eternally grateful to have Luvinia by her side all these months. The two artificial humans had met not long into their forming processes years ago and developed a bond. Then they developed feelings, and then feelings for one another. In a way, they had been side by side with one another since their first steps into actualized human beings.

 

    Which was what made it all the harder for the both of them when they both lost their homes within the Shanxi quadrant following the separation of the Systems Alliance from the United Earth Alliance. Without a home, without a place to properly live, and ejected, along with most Neo-Mobile Dolls and other altered humans from Systems Alliance Space, they were suddenly overnight turned into refugees.

 

    They, along with millions of others, were forced to flee the newly christened territory of the Alliance and into UEA territory, alongside the nobles placed in control of planets. Though rather than just be abandoned, both found themselves receiving an unexpected hand. Duke Isenho von Endrota , now losing the home his wider family had claimed upon discovering Shanxi, reached out to many of those whom the Systems Alliance had displaced upon claiming the system when they elected to leave the UEA. They were welcomed into the family, in fact, suddenly the family had grown massive as the Duke and Duchess accepted many of the refugees to their own families holdings.

 

   It had been a turbulent last few months, and a lot of resentment had been brewing within the displaced communities of augmented or evolved human refugees. This had been the same for both of the Williams. Then came the back channel communications between the now retired, deposed, High Lord Commander, and the two mobile dolls. He’d known them for a few decades, having overseen theirs and many other Neo-Mobiles transitions into civilian and military sectors following their decade of observation.

 

    He liked to keep in touch with them. Though they were still in the military, they had holdings within the civilian world and monetary gains. It was why the two had set up their own future home on Shanxi a year after it had been colonized. The two wanted to move out of the core worlds and to the frontier. Abigail wanted to be a gardener, and Luvinia wanted to be a school teacher. 

 

    One night, during communications between them, the same generation of mobile dolls, and a surprise appearance from the now returned High Commander (read; deposed), a discussion was struck up, one which hinted towards a military build up. For hours the group chatted, as they had during their days in the academy, while the old man sat in, tossing a line in now and then. As their friends began signing off, Ofaerr had asked Abigail and Luvinia to stay, saying he had something important to talk to them about.


0121.10.05

Endrota Noble House Capital: Venus

 

    She watched the screens of near a hundred slowly fade to black across their shared computer, her arm slipping into the grasp of her wife, even as their Academy friends gave their goodbys one by one. Eventually, leaving just three still on the computer. There was still that feeling of helplessness from the two, even with the Duke’s influence, they were left adrift in emotions as the thought that their dreams would have to be put on hold due to the whims of the Systems Alliance, before the old man decided to speak.

“Thanks fer sticken around lasses, sorry to keep yah but I wanted tah ask what yer plans are currently, not just what yah told the others, but, what the Duke plans? I can only guess that you two have been filled in with what he wants. Heard from my own sources he’s been badgering the Assembly with war.”

 

    He wasn’t wrong, the Duke had been pushing for Earth to address the unprovoked attack and the enslavement of the citizens who were under his protection. Abigail had admitted to Luvinia in their quiet moments together, that she sympathized and even wanted revenge for the killings and the brutality that the Batarians had inflicted on the people of Shanxi. 

 

“We have yes, he’s disclosed to us that he wants for the House to be the first to strike a blow against them.”

 

    It left a bad taste in their mouth but they understood, based on their logic banks the feelings behind them. One couldn’t just abandon and forget the atrocities inflicted upon them. 

 

“I have pulled some strings, if you two want to get involved.”

 

   That left them both in silence as their minds communicated with each other, contemplating the offer. Should they get involved? This was a pandora’s box that Humanity could be sitting on the edge of. Should they open it, there would be no going back. 

 

 = We shouldn’t. What did the Old Systems fight for if not to allow us the chance to choose to reject war? =

 

= _ If we don’t do anything we risk loosing everything. The Duke, the Home we now sit in. Even our place amongst the military. You are on shore leave, but, they gave you the option to leave. If you accept, I may not ever see you again. I almost lost you on Shanxi. _=

 

= Then come with me Luvinia. I know you took a minor class in combat during the Academy, on top of your direction into finances and logistics. I could use you at my side during this. I don’t want to be alone again. =

 

=_ Abby, are you asking me to kill aliens? _=

 

= No, I am asking you to guard my back. I can take the sins and the stains onto my soul. Please. I want our home back. If this is successful, maybe the Duke can reclaim Shanxi and we can get our home back. =

 

    That was a massive temptation for both women. They understood that Shanxi had been given to the Systems Alliance on the grounds that the military and the Duke had nearly lost it to alien hands. A technicality given that it was a complete ambush and they were numerically outnumbered, but the general public didn’t see that. They didn’t understand the broader scope of the situation. Only the cause and effect. 

 

=_ What can they even do? We’ve seen the size of the Batarians. They could crush us. _=

 

= They would crush us if we don’t do anything. Please. Luvinia. I know we can win. I can win. If you are beside me. =

 

=_ Don’t…Abby….Fine. Fine. Only if I can pilot alongside you. _=

 

= Yes! I love you Luvi! =

 

    The two, having a conversation last but seconds, turned back towards the deposed Lord Commander and nodded their heads. Causing him to slightly smile. Then, their screen became completely obscured by a new image. Causing both women to feel their jaws nearly drop as they inspected what they were being tasked and given.

 

“Aye. Its under production now. Call it tha hunch of yer old teacher, but I thought you might like this later down tah line. Currently, I have ah modified Virgo III bein shipped to Venus for tah two of you to utilize.”


“All Hands, brace for Realspace Arrival.”

“I Repeat. All hands, Brace for Realspace Arrival.”

 

   Even now, the two of them stood within the break room of the starship. Part of a coalition from Earth. A fleet of vessels from half a dozen Noble Houses and at least a single Unite Earth Fleet numbering thirty. In total, a fleet of nearly seven hundred ships had departed from the recently discovered Maroon Sea Relay within UEA Territory to the north of their holdings. Ships both old and new. With aging Nelson class by the dozens, converted into screening vessels, to more recent Squid-Class vessels. Those elongated red ships of Zeon.

 

    Abigail and Luvinia watched the passing stars of the sizable fleet. How many weren’t going to come home from this? They couldn’t help wondering, even as they finally punched out of Quantum space and into Real space. Word had spread amongst the fleet that they would hold and draw the Batarians in to an attack, rather than act as the primary aggressors. This way, giving them possible deniability. Not that they expected the Council to come down on the slavers. 

 

    Humanity used gene alteration, AI, and nuclear weapons. The Council would likely out of necessity due to their own rules, come down on any side facing the humans from the get go. It was likely the primary reason that mankind had not joined them to begin with. The Systems Alliance already had expunged much of those whom the Citadel had rejected. Hence the UEA’s current refugee crisis that is still ongoing. New worlds needed to be brought into the Alliance to help free up breathing room on over stressed colonies. 

 

    Even now, as hangers across the fleet started opening to expunge mobile suits ranging from the dreaded GN-X series with their GN Drives, and the massed bodies of older model GNs and Zakus, given over to the brand new Drone Funnel System*. Unlike Mobile Dolls, these weren’t thinking machines. They were more akin to New Type/Coordinator Funnel Systems but for Mobile Dolls. 

 

    The speakers across the ship would suddenly blare to life as soldiers stopped what they were doing, and a general readiness alert status as the soldiers began manning battle stations and pilots ran towards their hangers. 

 

“Looks like this is it Luvinia…”

“I know Abby…”

 

    Both still held reservations despite their minds understanding the necessity to the actions that mankind was taking. They started down the hallway at a slower pace, letting other more eager pilots move ahead of them. Though Luvinia was in herself a civilian model Neo-Doll, it was much easier for a doll to be allowed to enter military service then it was a human or altered human. Given the ability for their brains to download the knowledge necessary for the fighting. The two made their way down, bypassing many empty rooms, many of which may well remain empty till the ships could return to friendly lines. 

 

    They would eventually enter into the hangar, finding a pair of ZM-S06G Zollidias and a squad of squad ZM-S06S Zoloats. Nine Zoloats to each Zoliidias. To act as Commander mobile suits. A full three squads of LM111E03 Gunblasters were set against the opposite wall, with three LM111E03+SD-VB03A Gundash Blastors to act as commanders of their squads. 

 

    Then there is their Mobile suit in this section of the ship. A modified Virgo III. Designed for a crew of two, back to back. It's Back now sporting a series of Funnels. Like the Virgo III, its shoulders sported the oversized pauldrons and planetary Defenders, but in addition, it had two more given. The entire mobile suit had received increased armor and came with a secondary GN Drive backup Reactor should the Fusion Reactor go offline. 

 

    The two started to dress inside their own Pod, where sat a series of Nemos and Zaku 3s, meant to act as their own Drone based system for Luvinia to control and direct when the fighting got hot. 

 

“So this is it Luvinia…are you ready?”

“I’d be lying if I said yes Abby.”

 

    Hands intertwined with Luvinia as the smaller blond smiled, pulling her close and gently planting a kiss upon her lips. Then a hug. Both were scared, despite being artificial entities. They still felt fear, they still felt apprehension. The local server for Dolls was rife with similar feelings about this upcoming conflict. After all, this was potentially going to be a suicide run by humanity after their pide had been bruised by the Aliens. 

 

    There was some silver lining to this, and that was that the Batatrians may not even bother to arrive and the whole operation would be called off. Though she doubted that. She very much doubted that.

 

“It’s time Lulu. Come on.”

   The mood within the hanger was somber as both women rose into and took up positions in the dual cockpit. Unlike normal human cockpits, These machines, modified for the program*, lacked any kind of seating. Inside of the machine, both of their artificial bodies slumped against the wall as the eyes of the Mobile suit ignited. Then the Squad of Six Nemo-Kais, three Serpents, and several Zaku 3s. All to act as their screen and additional protection. 

 

    Slowly, as the launch bay is pressurized by air pulled into the ship and stored, the top of the hangar would start to open, two doors peeling to the right and left. Each and every one of the ships hangers would do the same, allowing for its complement of fifty mobile suits to begin exiting into the void. Their Virgo III to be the latest to exit, followed by their Drone Mobile Suits. Taking up positions around them. Then the call signs began to flow over the radio.

 

“Squad, Devil’s Angel, Reporting.”

“Squad, Dog’s Master, Reporting.”

“Squad, Heaven’s Disaster, Reporting”

 

    This continued for some minutes before it eventually came time for the two to add their voice. So they would.

 

“Squad, Skynet’s Girls, Reporting.”

 

    If Abigail could glare at the chuckling of the other squads and even her wife, she would. It was a good thing she couldn’t after all. The name had been a decision by Command and doubled by Luvinia for ironic purposes. Given the role the Virgil and Taurus had played in the End Wars, plus she had the sinking suspicion that Luvinia had submitted the name for command’s approval after they had binge watched the first three Terminator movies. 

 

    The sound offs continued for a few more minutes, before the Captain of the Ulysses's Folly, one Andrew Bartold, spoke up on all channels.

“This is Captain Andrew to all squads. We have been tasked with, when the four eyed bastards show up, to protect the carriers and repair ships. Command expects this to be a protracted battle and we will need to defend rearmament ships and supplies so our front doesn’t collapse.”

 

    Confirmations began to bleed through as the fleet formed into rough clusters of some thirty ships in groups, centered around a flagship and a block of heavier ships. Drone Ships in numbers that proved eye watering to count, made up defensive screenings for the larger ships. Given the events of Shanxi, humanity had learned to fear the Batarians swarm screens to allow their larger ships to get in close. So aging and outdated ships had been given over to Drone Networks within the Neo-Mobile Doll Network to control and direct. Mainly to take hits or to launch interceptions on enemy munitions. Filled with mindless self repair machines and rooms stocked with replacement parts for them to repair damages, mankind had decided to recycle the obsolete rather than outright scrap.

“Prepare for the Mirage Colloid Field*. Stay within it till the affected zone till the alien bastards flip the trap.”

 

    Across the Fleet’s broken up elements, from Elements One through Twenty Four. Hangers would open and Mobile Suits would fly some hundred kilometers from the edge of the fleet, holding between them a strange satellite. Upon reaching the optimal position, they would disengage while one would tap its built in console to activate it. Over the next five minutes, this process repeated at least a thousand times. Each of these machines would begin to transmit signals as the fleets prepare themselves. 

 

“All Ships. All Ships. This is High Admiral Tung of House Hu’cha. Mirage Colloid Field Deploying. Go Radio Silence until Flagships of your Respective Forces have fired.”

 

    Small metal spears would jut from the many sides of the satellites, angling in the direction of the nearest satellites. Before energy charged across them from tip to base, then they shimmered, and vanished. This field began to spread out from one another, interlocking as the space between grew to match the far distant space that existed beyond the fleet. Then, over the next minute, the full area surrounding the fleets obscured them entirely, rendering seven hundred and twenty ships completely obscure to all but enhanced and dedicated sensors to detect their radiation and special particles that humanity used in their vessels and war machines.

 

    In a minute, the formerly filled system now hosted not but empty space.


0121.11.12

152nd Batarian Raid Fleet: Tyrant’s Mercy*

1st Punative Fleet: Ape’s Death

Bane of Slaves: Eeluram Class Dreadnaught

Caleston Rift Relay

Admiral Chal’apa

 

        The Caleston Rift Relay, the Hegemony's foremost outpost and staging party for their raiding groups out of the Terminus Systems. This one in particular had been fully claimed by the Batarians after a brief skirmish with a local empire which they had broken and enslaved thousands of years ago. So long in fact that none of the Hegemony even remembered their names. However the fleet was not just there to act as a guard dog. Recent activity from the mysterious Mon’tario Race had seen an uptick in attacks on several holds within the southern sections of the Terminus. Now though, a new threat had emerged for them.

 

    That of the Humans. These mammals had picked a fight through their existence with the Gate Keepers of the Terminus and have shown themselves to be avid fighters based on accounts from the last fleet to square off with one of their own. At the moment however, the fleet was in the midst of doing shake downs of the newest weapons from the Hegemony. Freshly shipped from the Slave Breaker Camps within its interior and specific weapon systems. 

 

    However, on this day, news and feeds within their monitoring station within the Shadow Sun System had sent the whole fleet into a tailspin as signatures matching those of the Humans began to filter in and the fleet as a whole went onto red alert. The Batarians were far from fangless, despite what the Turians might think. The fleet within the five solar systems that were directly connected or near the Relay itself. They were beginning to mobilize and prepare to deal with what they thought were gnats. 

 

    Smaller Secondary Relays would act as connection points between the five nearby solar systems and that of the Primary Relay. Now though, they were acting as deployment points for the formation of an assault fleet. Given that the humans' energy systems meant that their scanning equipment couldn’t make heads or tails of the number of vessels that the humans had deployed, they were creating a punitive fleet of one hundred to effectively put the humans in their place. 

 

    With the Bane of Slaves, acting as the flagship of the fleet, an additional twenty Kesh’heel Cruisers,Salarian Cruisers, Turian Condor Cruisers, and Asari Cybaen Cruisers acting as the heavier hitters. A pair of aging Asari Nefrane Heavy Cruisers to act as long distance support. With some twenty seven Destroyers ranging from Batarian Hel’ta and Turian Elanus Destroyers, to Asari Vaeeno Destroyers*. With fifty frigates ranging from the Batarian Yu’garr, to the Salarian Tel’nar, to the Turian Gannet, and rounding it off with both light and escort ships of the Asasri’s Nofreya and Vak’tyr Frigates. The Fleet as well consisted of over a hundred Corvettes from the Asari built Oseros Corvette and the Turian Accipter Corvettes to act as general fighter intercept role and the human’s strange choice to use asaranoid shaped piloted machines. Intermixed were hundreds of Batarian fighters and multi-role fighters for missile and torpedo intercept.

 

    In all, the fleet blanketed the area surrounding the Major Relay, with the newly crowned Admiral of the 1st Punative Fleet built out of aging vessels of the actual fleet, addressed his new command. 

 

“This is Admiral Chal’apa of the First Punitive Fleet. It seems the bastards of the Asari have grown bold following the losses a slaver fleet took in their system and the worst that the Hegemony could produce. They’ve thought to try and take territory within what is Batarian Hands! I say we show them their folly and deal them a blow they won’t soon forget! Slave Masters. Prepare the Weapons.”

 

    As the Fleet begins to move towards the Relay, within Hangar bays inside of the Cruisers play host to the newly shipped weapons. Tarps cover them and stasis tubes sit directly beside the large tarp covered form. The crew kept a wide breath from the still forms and the tubes. After all, there were just some things the Hegemony’s ground troops would never understand about the ever shifting rules of wear and engagement. 

 

   With the strong pull of the Mass Effect field from the center of the Primary Relay, the ships of the fleet begin to be flung off. Boarding parties were already preparing their weapons, thinking that this might be a small colonization effort by the humans. Nothing had yet come down to the main forces from the Admiralty of the 152nd. Yet on the bridge, nerves were on edge. These weren’t the supremacists of the Slave Raiding Fleets. These were hardened Batarians and professional Soldiers, not the dregs that the Military Complex pushed into different positions where their actions could be put to their best uses. 

 

    And the soldiers on the bridge were worried. They had reviewed the footage of the cameras of both the Ground based and those in orbit before, during, and after the siege of Shanxi. The humans and their abominations fought with ferocity. High Command still considered the Break Through by a lone machine against a force of nearly a thousand starships in orbit nothing short of impossible. As this one machine literally hacked its way through fighters and through starships as it rushed towards the surface. A Secondary Captain would break the admiral out of his thoughts with a cough into his hand.

 

“Sir, if I may. What is the plan? In the event this is an actual war fleet and not just some colonization effort by the apes?”

 

    It had been some weeks and the general derogatory term had started spreading when the evolution of humanity and some of its history were pried from captured data centers taken out of wrecks or from prisoners sent to slave processing camps in the months following the Shanxi Siege. 

 

“I can understand your worry, Captain Hal’kep. It is why I am commanding the Captains across the fleet to immediately deploy our intercept and fighter craft the moment we come out. In addition, break apart the formation and move to try and keep from letting their particle weapons from getting a lock.”

 

    The fact the apes had direct energy weapons and hadn’t phased out ballistic weapons still confused the wider species of the Citadel. Most just put it down to pragmatism. Not putting all your eggs in one weapon system. The commands were met with some amount of agreement from his command staff. Then with a shudder, the fleet would exit out of the corridor that the Relays had generated. Already, scores of Fighters and Interceptors began to flood free of hangar bays while the ships took up loose positions, all in preparation for the firing. 

 

    Yet nothing came. As the ships drifted and bled off momentum following the exit from the relay, they found nothing. 

 

“Sensors are coming online…nothing Admiral. We are detecting the Humans Nuclear Energy and what they call “Minofsky Particles”, but nothing else yet. They just seem to be free flowing and our sensors can’t pierce far enough through to detect any spaceship.”

 

    Chal’apa leaned forward in his seat with a frown, fingers templed while he read through incoming tactical information. Then as he looked over several additional pieces of information, his eyes caught something.

 

“Sensors, what is this third background radiation we are picking -”


0121.11.12

14th Autonomus Neo-Mobile Doll Combat Squad

Operation Midway Fleet*

Shadow Sea Relay 

Neo Mobile Doll, Abigail William von Endrota

Neo Mobile Doll, Luvinia William von Endrota

OZ-04MD Virgo III: (Necro)

 

     Luvinia watched as the various and unusual ships punched out into real space, as though flung forward with small spatial quakes to herald their arrival into real space. They were clearly all designed by different nations and species given the different profiles for the ships and the emerging smaller craft. Her mind was suddenly enveloped in what amounted to a hug for Neo-Dolls as her wife “held” her close.

 

= Hey. If you want. I can handle this. Just close your eyes and focus on keeping me safe, ok? =

= No Abby, I asked to be brought into this. I saw your memories. I can’t let you carry this burden anymore than you have. I should have been there with you when you entered into the Military. I should have been with you in Shanxi. =

 

    Even with their minds in command of the Virgo III, their bodies moved as though they weren’t. Both placed upon each other as the Mobile Suit received telemetry and targeting data from their flagship. Over a strange multi-winged destroyer. Their Dolls started to move and form up around them as Luvinia directed their basic Ais towards the protection of their Mistresses.

 

= Then please watch my back the command is about to come. I love you Luvinia. =

= And I love you Abigail. =

 

    Their Mega Beam Cannon would lift up from where it had been resting at their own hip, locking onto the Destroyer’s bridge when the order came from the High Admiral.

 

“All Ships! Open Fire!”

 

    And with that, a thousand mobile Suits, Dozens of Mobile Armors, and Seven Hundred SpaceShips locked on and fired, beams of green, red, and yellow streamed from their barrels.


Author's Notes!

Date Started: 11/24/2023

  • Well this is a rather quick chapter to hold me till I get into the meat of the next chapter. Operation Midway. 

Date Finished: 11/30/2023


Information

Operation Midway Fleet:

    OperatioN Midway is a retaliatory strike against the Batarian Hegemony, masked as a trap to draw them into attacking first. The fleet is quite sizable, now that the nobility of humanity has felt a backhand to one of their own. A dozen noble houses have amassed a force of nearly seven hundred vessels ranging in age from modified One Year War vessels all the way up to the newest from the Shipyards of Mars and Titan.

Drone Funnel System:

    The Drone Funnel System is a newly implemented system for Neo-Mobile Doll pilots within Mobile Suits and Armors. As with the New Type Funnel System, it is intended for the pilot to take control of multiple bodies and weapon systems to be used in combat. However, unlike them, the Neo-Mobiles take control of squads of Outdated or last-generated Mobile Suits/Fighting Vehicles. Given their enhanced processing power, they are able to direct subroutines within their minds to effectively manage their minor armies and apply them. Leading to even outdated squads of Zaku 1 and 2s outclassing current model Coordinator Zoloats. 

EDI-402 Laohu-Kai:

    The Laohu-Kai is a simple but effective universal upgrade to the aging Laohu design that has become so prominent amongst the various factions in human space. They are largely unnamed and only utilize to transport and facilitate the transport of large groups of mobile suits. Each of their extended diamond like container pods, located on each side can house one mobile suit in each container, making for 15 mobile suits. The Kai, with upgrades and additional space added, expanded. It now measures a Kilometer long and has enough space for upwards of fifty mobile suits. Other models have been entirely redesigned for drone based missile dreadnaughts. Their Mobile Suit containment pods given over to massed missile batteries hidden within each.

Mobile Doll Mobile Suits:

    Unlike Mobile Suits for Humans, New Types, and Coordinators, the machines gifted to Neo-Mobile Dolls can be further enhanced at the discretion of the pilot to allow to either physically enter the machine and pilot via its body, or to possess the system directly within and to leave their artificial bodies to direct the machine through their minds. Some Mobile Dolls do this while still on the ship to protect their bodies from damage during the fighting.

Batarian Fleets: 

   You can find the fleet makeup of the Raider Fleet from the Deviant Art account called Euderion. They do amazing work.

Mirage Coil Field:

   The Mirage Coil Field is as the name suggests, an advancement of the former Orb built Mirage Colloid System intended for the GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam developed in Orb to be utilized by the Atlantic Federation. A piece of equipment that, if the Federation’s goals had been met at the end of the Bloody Valentine War, would have seen it turned on the Earth Federation and the other member states. It has since been optimized into a massed cloaking field that has seen some limited use in protecting areas on the ground from scans. This Operation will be the first to see its broad use in space based combat. Outside of the Rumored 82nd Fleet. Said to be made entirely out of cloak capable ships, mobile Suits, and Mobile Armors. Mankind's dagger as some would say.

152nd Batarian Raid Fleet, Tyrant’s Mercy:

    The 152nd Raid Fleet is, unlike the last fleet which humanity had encountered, an actual military fleet of the Hegemony. This fleet, boasting a staggering two thousand vessels, is made up of aging last generation ships, claimed and salvaged Council Race ships, and what vessels they had bought through legitimate channels before connections broke down between the Hegemony and the Council. This massive fleet is meant to hold the connection between the Traverse and the Terminus from incursions from the very real Mon’tario which still possess holdings outside of the network and have been known to hijack relays during their war with the wider galaxy. They are as well used as a drop off point for slaves. 

Asari Vaeeno Destroyers:

    The Vaeeno is technically a light cruiser within the Asari Navy, but it has been modified to act in the role of a Destroyer within the Batarian Navy