10 Bookmarks

List of Bookmarks

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Howard has tea with Torquil every week. He thinks Torquil almost understands.

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    5,488
    Chapters:
    1/1
    Collections:
    1
    Comments:
    31
    Kudos:
    95
    Bookmarks:
    10
    Hits:
    1,255
  2. 22 Nov 2023

    Public Bookmark

  3. 29 Jan 2023

    Public Bookmark

  4. 26 Aug 2019

    Public Bookmark

  5. 07 Jun 2018

    Rec

    Bookmark Notes:

    "You are Venturus, Howard," Torquil responded. "Talking about him as if he isn't you won't change that. But you don't have to be that Venturus, not any more. More tea?" He lifted the delicate, blue and green teapot that didn't look like it could possibly hold all the tea Torquil went through.

    "No, thanks." Howard had barely touched what he had already. He fidgeted his feet but was afraid to move them too far because the tea table always looked to him as if it might break if he knocked against it. It was all thin arches and inlays. Torquil kept the tea things on a tray to protect the table's finish. "I just keep thinking-- What happens to Mum and Dad the first time Venturus really wants something? Awful can hold her own--" I hope. "--but he'll trample right over Mum and Dad."

    "Your parents might surprise you." Torquil nudged a plate of petits fours in Howard's direction. "They stood up to the rest of us."

  6. 05 Oct 2015

    Public Bookmark

  7. 21 Apr 2015

    Public Bookmark

  8. 24 Jan 2015

    Public Bookmark

  9. 25 Dec 2014

    Rec

    Bookmark Collections:
    Bookmark Notes:

    This fic captures DWJ's tone perfectly.

  10. 25 Dec 2014

    Public Bookmark

  11. 25 Dec 2014

    Public Bookmark

    Bookmark Tags:
    Bookmark Notes:

    Howard found out he was Venturus, and found out he had six brothers and sisters, and found out that three of them were evil and crazy, and sent them out into space. This is what happens afterwards, and it is dark and sad and hopeful and lovely. Also, it is a perfect stylecap of the canon.