Actions

Work Header

Just the Three of Us, We can Make It If We Try

Chapter 6: The meeting

Summary:

Type meets Mew

Notes:

Hello lovely and wonderful readers,

I want to first apologize for the delay on this chapter. I wrote it but didn't like it so I tried to rewrite it and got mad that it wasn't right again so I set it aside worked on some other fics. Then I moved countries and started a completely new job which was chaotic at best. It was a stressful month and I didn't really have the motivation to write or rather I had motivation but nothing was coming out the way I wanted it to. Finally seemed to get my writing mojo back at least enough to feel ok putting this chapter out, though I'm still not super happy with it. I wanted more to happen in it because I feel like it's a bit boring but I also want to get something out so, this.

Again I'm sorry for the long wait.

I have another like prequel story that I had originally planned to put out at the same time as this chapter but it's not done, it's like 25% done so that'll be out when I get it done. It's not super important or anything though. It just sort of correlates to something things mentioned in this chapter.

I think there will be one more chapter for this and then I have two parts that should be after this story. There is an age jump between them so they will be separate stories. In case anyone is wondering the directions or whatnot of the story.

 

This chapter does include MewGulf sexy time as well.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The buzzing that he had tried to valiantly ignore has gotten persistent enough that he was annoyed now. No longer able to ignore it, Gulf slams his hand down on the offending object with a growl, his eyes blinking open to silence the alarm. His phone screen fills up with messages. He groans flipping the phone face down when he doesn’t see any from Mew. The others could wait till he was more awake.

 

He shifts, his rib screaming at him for the position. He spent most of the nap trying to find a comfortable position for his rib. He's settled for a position that was a little hard to breathe in but the pain was minimal.

 

“Why don’t you answer your phone?” Gulf turns to look at Type. Big curious eyes stare back, the cut in his lip looks crusted over which he supposes is good. But his jaw still doesn't look any better, though what was he expecting after an hour nap. Honestly for it too fully healed but that was an impossibility. He lets out a sigh, finding the ice pack on the bed, room temperature now.

 

“It’s not important.”

 

“It buzzed ... for a long time without stopping.”

 

Gulf pushes to sit up, reaching out slowly to ruffle Types fluffy locks. It was weird for someone else to be on that side of the bed, it’s Mew's side but Mew often rolled to Gulf's side for snuggles so it was more empty than not. He supposed it wouldn’t smell like Mew anymore either with how long the older male had been gone.

 

“Alright, let's sees what they want then.” Gulf grabs his phone skimming through the messages. He had completely forgotten that he was going to meet up with his friends for a game. Bright had yelled at him in all caps threatening to come over if he didn’t answer. 

 

He checks the time, which was half an hour ago. He groans but doesn't get a chance to answer back before there's a loud banging on his door. He hears Bright's voice yelling from the other side. Even across the apartment, he could hear his voice, the door was doing little to muffle the sound. 

 

He rolls out of bed, careful of his rib, his arms were still a little sore from holding Type for so long. His knuckles felt tight and glancing down at them, the skin was all red swollen still. He wasn't really cut out for the fighting life it seemed. Probably for the best, he wasn't too fond of it either.

 

“Oh, so you are alive.” Bright drawls out irritably as he opens the door. His brows furrowed as he grabs Gulf's jaw. It’s a bit painful but he lets Bright look him over. “The fuck happened to you?”

 

“Watch your language,” Gulf mutters, Bright's hand still squishing his cheek.

 

“Language?” Then his eyes drop down to Type who’s peaking out from behind Gulf. He turns to Gulf again, letting go of his face only to pull him closer by his shoulder and whisper shouts not so subtle at him, “When did you get a kid?”

 

“I told you." Gulf shrugs him off, shaking his head, "In the text message.”

 

“No you said, and I quote, “ Bright digs out his phone tapping a few times before reading Gulf message. “ Wanna play ball today, I’m teaching Type .” He raises a brow, “I thought it was some new friend, I brought beer.” Bright raises the plastic bag in his hand.

 

“Not sure we should be drinking around the kid.” Mild says from behind Bright in what Gulf can only assume is the universe saying perfect timing.

 

“Hello Mild.” Gulf gives a limp wave, he can feel Types hands fisting his shirt nervously.

 

“Hi Gulf and Bright.” Boat waves happily from next to Mild, hands full of plastic bags of food. Right on cue, it seems there was a tiny rumbling sound, Gulf looks down as Types face goes all pink. Gulf coos as he ruffles his hair.

 

"Let's eat"

 

"Right, I'll need a full stomach to deal with this." Mild says pushing past them. He gives Type a pat on the shoulder as he passes.

 

It doesn’t take long for them to get situated at the table, Type next to Gulf shyly poking at his food as he watches everyone. Type had scooted his chair very close to Gulfs, so close that Gulf could feel his feet wiggling under the table every so often.

 

“So you gonna tell me what happened to your face and who we need to beat up?” Bright said between mouth fulls of food. 

 

Gulf grimaces as a few pieces of rice flew onto the table. Normally he wouldn't mind it because he and Bright were similar (He could vividly remember a time a few months ago they were arguing over a football match mouth full of food, food flying everywhere to the point that Mild and Mew had to cover their mouths so that everyone else could eat in peace) but since he's taken in Type he's felt very... particular about things. He wanted Type to be in a clean safe environment. Not that Bright talking with his mouth full was... dirty it's just... He didn't know. He was just feeling some type of way and he had no idea how to even begin to process or explain it. Maybe it was a parent thing, wanting your kids to be in the best environment possible at all times, like a protection thing. Yeah, something like that. That's what he was calling it, justly overprotective of the environment. He looks down at Type, nudging him softly to eat something. 

 

Mild send him a look as well, waiting. They're all waiting. Well just Bright and Mild, Boat seems fine either way and Type seems content to stare his food out of existence even though Gulf knows he's hungry. 

 

“You know the guys from the first floor, they've never been too fond of me or... you know and -,” Gulf says slowly waving his hands about himself as if to say 'being gay' in a flourish of nonverbal words before shoving a giant spoon full of food in his mouth in hopes it would dissuade any other questions. It didn't, it just made him feel and look like a squirrel. “It was a misunderstanding,” he says when they continued to stare.

 

“I don’t usually end up with a black eye when I misunderstand someone.” Boat says plainly. Gulf sends him a tiny glare, he was supposed to be the chill on not the one to throw him under the bus like that.

 

“What did Mew say when you told him?” Mild asks. 

 

Fuck.

 

“He didn’t,” Gulf says quickly stuffing his mouth full again after his comment. He looks over to Type and notices the boy still hasn’t taken a bite yet but there was food on his spoon. Progress? 

 

“He didn’t?” Bright says in disbelief, “You’ve been with this dude for how long and he didn’t have anything to say about this?” That's valid, Mew's never been one to not say something. His mouth is as open as his emotion were. That is to say - easy to read for anyone within a twenty-block radius of him regardless if they want to or not. Mew had his emotions stapled to his sleeve, his forehead and on a good day, he threw it at people like some sort of game of unintentional catch.

 

“No, what he means is he didn’t tell Mew.” Mild sasses. “Did you Gulf?”

 

“It’s not important to tell him now-“

 

“Are you sure about that?” Mild asks. In a way that made Gulf rethink his entire life. He had a reason for not telling Mew. There hadn't been time, he needed to get Type checked out, he needed.. a nap yeah. Those things were very important in the grand scheme of time and they totally prevent him from telling me. 

 

But he knew that if he said any of those things it would be wrong. They were valid enough reasons but they weren't the real reason. 

 

“Wasn’t he the one that almost blew a casket when that one co-worker of yours started stalking you?” Boat asks nonchalantly. Gulf tries not to think about the time before when they'd almost broken up and it wasn't just over the stalker guy. It had been a rough month for their relationship.

 

“Yeah but that’s because he found my address and was waiting for me in the lobby every day, it was.. you know dangerous?” Gulf's sentence had started off strong but ended in a very weak tone. He'd only told Mild about the other half of that, about Mew's ex meddling around. Gulf looks over to Mild who is staring at him with a contemplative look.

 

“He also punched the dude at the bar that one time that grabbed your ass,” Bright says casually, waving his spoon around. 

 

Mild always seems to know what Gulf is thinking. Next to Mew, Mild knows him the best. Of course, he would know. “You're not worried. You just don’t want him angry on your behalf.”

 

“There’s nothing that he can do about it anyway. And there was this picture that got released yesterday of his Lock Screen and people are speculating about who he’s dating. So like..." Gulf pushes his food around on his plate, he looks over to see Type doing the same thing. "... he’s busy.”

 

Mild sighs seemingly tired of this particular conversation. “He’s popular enough that if you guys come out there won’t be negative feedback. Why aren’t you just open about it?”

 

 Gulf stutters out some words, honestly, he doesn't have an answer for that question. Though maybe he does. He doesn't know. "We can't just- like be- he's a-"

 

“No, wait-” Bright waves a hand in the middle of the table to get their attention. “Don’t change the subject, we haven't finished talking about who hit you? And do I need to gather the gang for a fight?”

 

“No, no fighting.” Gulf is thankful for the shift in subjects though he doesn't really want to talk about this anymore either. He looks over to Type and notices some food is missing which is good, finally, he seems to be eating at least. “It was just those  guys from my building and the last I saw them they were talking to the cops so I think it’s being settled.”

 

"Those guys." Bright points down referring to their location on the first floor. Gulf nods. It's no the first time he's talked about them or their normally mildly harassing ways.

 

"Make sure it does get settles," Bright says and doesn't seem pleased at all by the information, "Get a restraining order too if you need to."

 

Gulf waves it off casually. "Yeah, I will."

 

Mild catches his attention again by waving a chicken wing in his face, “Gulf, why don’t you want to tell Mew?” 

 

“It’s not important, “ He says casually with a shrug.

 

Mild grunts indignantly before pushing out of his seat. He grabs Gulf's arm and tugs him out of his seat, down the hallway, and into Gulf's' room. It's painful but only because Mild's jerking is irritating his bruised rib.

 

“What’s going on? Did you ask Mew have a fight or something?” Mild crosses his arms over his chest. The door is closed behind them and Mild is looking anger, sad and disappointed all at once. 

 

“No, why would you think that?” Gulf rubs absently at his side, Mild's eyes soften.

 

“Because I can’t understand why you would not tell him about something like this-"

 

“I told you it’s not-"

 

“But it is.” Mild exclaims, hands falling to his asides. “It is important. You and Type were in a brawl. Your eye is half swollen shut and your cheek is purple. Do you think he won't notice?" Mild runs an exasperated hand through his hair and Gulf feels it. "It is important if it affects you.”

 

"It's just...."

 

"Do you think we wouldn't care? Do you think that he would get mad? Fuck Gulf, I've known you for how long now and you only told me because of Type."

 

"It's just not important "

 

"You have no problem joking about those guys calling slurs at you when were drinking at a bar but now when it's serious when they actually do something that we've all feared they would do. You think it's not important." Mild yells a bit wildly. Like he's trying to go to a full-on yell but his voice is tipping into hysterics.

 

"Yes."

 

"Damn it Gulf." Mild sighs, and Gulf wonders if this is how people see Mild when he's fighting for children. Maybe how he would have looked the night he got Type, exhausted, tired, and yet every bit ready to defend him if needed. He's not tired of the person, just the situation. Tired that once again the world did what it does and hurt someone. This time it was Gulf and though it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been, it was just one more thing that Mild hated the world for and Gulf understood. He understood perfectly that feeling even more now that he has Type.

 

"It wasn't even that bad."

 

"I've seen many of those 'not that bad' events in my time but that doesn't make it alright. You also can't use that as justification for not telling Mew - the person you supposedly love."

 

"He's busy and already has too much to worry about."

 

"Gulf whatever made you think that no matter how busy he was he would somehow not care about your wellbeing?"

 

Silence fall over the room and Gulf glares off to the side. Mild keeps opening his mouth, chest heaving like he wants to yell at Gulf but he doesn't. He doesn't say anything. 

 

“So tell me the real reason you don’t want to tell Mew because everyone knows that man will do just about anything to protect you-“

 

“I don’t need him to protect me.” Gulf snaps then shrinks into himself at Mild's open look. 

 

“Gulf?”

 

Gulf gulps, he might as well get it off his chest since Mild wasn’t backing down. “I don’t need his protection. I can protect myself. And Type.”

 

“I know that.” Mild says but it sounds like a question.

 

“I don’t need Mew to always protect me because if he does it’ll just be proof that I can’t. And I have to be able to. I have to be able to at least protect Type because I can’t seem to do anything else." Gulf doesn't mean to yell but he does. He can't help the prickles of tears in the corners of his eyes. It's been almost two months now since he got Type, two months since he's seen Mew in person. Two months since he's felt like he's done anything right for Type and he hates how he's feeling. Something he didn't even fully realize until today. 

 

"He hasn’t gained any weight and he has a check-up soon. What are they going to say? He has nightmares regularly. Violent ones on days we try to actually do work to get him ready to go back to school. He hoards food by his bed. He chews on his fingers to calm down. He punches when he's mad. Somedays - most days, I have to convince him- convince him that I'm here to help and not hurt him.”

 

“If I can’t do any of that, If I can't at least protect him from - from stupid thick-headed homophobe’s. Then what? I have to be able to that on my own because I can’t do anything else.” Gulf wipes at his eyes then hisses as he presses too hard on his cheek.

 

“Gulf” Mild says softly, stepping closer he reaches out to Gulf who turns away. Mild tries again but Gulf moves away again. 

 

"Gulf." Mild says again this time wrapping his arms around him and pulling him tight.

 

They stand there in silence for a few moments maybe a minute or two before Mild pulls away, ruffling Gulf hair. In a soft comforting voice, “You're doing just fine.”

 

“Doesn’t feel like it.”

 

“It’ll take him some time to gain the weight back. He went through a lot and there's no overnight fix, this will take time. Maybe even years before he starts to be a healthy weight again, who knows. But it's not for your lacking. Nightmares are to be expected, it’s not ideal but it’s expected."

 

Gulf nods. Mild rubs down his arms a few times. Gulf takes a deep breath before letting it out.

 

"But, if it's any consolation, he’s already looking healthier. I know it might be hard to see it because you see him every day but I noticed it.” Mild gives him a motherly smile, something tender. It does make him feel better.

 

“What if they want to take him away because at his doctor's appointment they see I’m not doing good enough.”

 

Mild laughs before knocking his head gently. “They won’t. I promise. Progress is progress. Every step is important, they know that."

 

"What about the fight? I let Type get hurt."

 

"You protected him the best you could. Don't worry. I'll be there to help you out."

 

Mild pulls away and walks to the door. Gulf stops him, "Do you still think you made the right decision leaving him with me?"

 

Mild doesn't look back, he just opens the door, "I wonder if Type will show me his football skills, I heard someone was teaching him."

 

Gulf still feels heavy as he sits back at the table. Bright and Boat seemed to have gotten Type to eat most of the food on his plate and Gulf almost feels guilty for leaving him alone for so long. At least Type ate, some nights he only wanted gummies or pretzels. Seeing him eat meat and rice -and even a few vegetables- was a nice change. 

 

"Gulf," Type pats his arms excitedly, well excitedly for Type who is still a little bit stoic at times. "Bright showed me a video of someone kicking the ball-" Types hands twirling like he's mimicking a ball twisting. "and he's going to show me."

 

"A rainbow kick," Bright says proudly.

 

"That might be too advanced for him." Bright waves off the comment.

 

"You sure you're ok with the whole situation that happened today?" Boat asks.

 

"Yeah I mean, the best I can be." Gulf shrugs. 

 

"Let me know if you need any help." Boat smiles at think from across the table. Maybe he is the chill on after all.

 

"I'll be waiting to hear about the restraining order you got for them too." Bright adds.

 

 


 

 

He doesn't tell Mew when they talk later that evening and he avoids the video chat offer though he really would like the see Mew's face. Mew whines about it and for a second he almost caves but he's not ready to tell Mew yet. Mew talks about the 'scandal' and how the media digs too deep when they shouldn't. 

 

"The picture is blurry at best so no one really knows it's you but they keep digging. No one's really mentioned you yet but I think that's because the only picture online of us is the one from the event where we meet." Mew sounds exhausted but pleased that no one was guessing Gulf.

 

"No one would guess me even if we had hundreds of pictures online." Gulf jokes. His heart sticks a little bit at his own words though. 

 

Mew clicks his tongue. "Not true, all the pictures we have together recently there's love pouring from my eyes at your beauty everyone would definitely know that I'm deeply infatuated and in love with you just by looking at our pictures." 

 

Gulf flushes at the words. "So dramatic." Mew laughs and Gulf wishes they were in video chat so he could see his smile.

 

 

His mom shows up around lunchtime the next day with bags of food. She doesn't comment on his face but she does say she talked to Mild recently and it tells him everything he needs. She gives him a good look over with eyes that feel a bit like judgment but it's a mother's judgment so he almost wants to cave and cry on his mother's shoulder and get pats on the head to reassure him. He doesn't he just smiles back.

 

"I always told you this place wasn't in the best neighborhood. It might look nice but the people.." She shakes her head as she sets the food on the table. Containers spilling out to cover most of the surface. 

 

"It's a nice place and the price was good." He had always liked the independence of his own place no matter how much he loved his parents. It was nice being on his own. Plus it really wasn't far from his parents' house. It was close enough to his office to when he needed it. And the price had been really good. He'd wanted a two-bedroom and the price on this place wasn't something he could pass over, regardless of his mother's questions about the 'people' who lived in the area. He really hadn't seen anything wrong until those guys showed up but even then it was still a great place. At least for now. He imagines himself moving in with Mew sooner or later, hopefully, sooner but he's not rushing it.

 

She sniffs at the comment before looking around. "Where's Type, I've been waiting for you to invite me to meet him but since you've waited so long I decided to just come to visit him myself."

 

"I was going to call you soon, It's not like I was avoiding you. I just had work and I was taking care of Type."

 

"Excuses." She shakes her head before patting his cheek. "I know it wasn't on purpose. But my impatience did get the better of me."

 

Gulf chuckles as he looks around. He frowns when he doesn't see Type on the couch, he checks under the table. He grows a little concerned until he opens the boy's door to his room and there Type was, sitting on his bed, pillow to his chest, and the worksheets they'd been working on in his hand. Strange Type had never once touched the paper out of his own devices, it was only when prompted by Gulf first.

 

"Hey buddy what are you doing?"

 

Type shakes the paper but doesn't look up at him. "Practicing."

 

"That's great." Slowly he moves to sit next to Type. "But we can do that later, do you want something to eat?"

 

"There's a lady here." Type states.

 

"Yeah, I want you to meet her, she's my mom." Gulf gently takes the worksheet from his hands. Type grabs his hand, eye still looking where the worksheet was.

 

"Why..." He asks in a tiny shaky voice. "Why would I meet her?"

 

Gulf is taken aback by the question. "Because I want you to. She's important to me. She's family and .. you're important to me now too."

 

"Important to you is meeting your family?"

 

"Yeah," How does he explain the cultural norm and importance and meeting someone's family for the first time. He wasn't sure he could right now, he wasn't even sure Type truly understood the word family, much less how it felt to be in one. It was something of importance when you had a loving family, something that can't easily be explained. Only experienced. "Yes because once you meet my family, you become family."

 

"Family." Type says slowly, debating the word. He nods as if deciding it was worth it to check it out and hops off the bed, he holds out his hand to Gulf. 

 

Gulf smiles as he takes it walking back out to his mother who's fidgeting over the food. She stops and smiles when she sees Type. Type tightens his hand in Gulfs before waving.

 

"Hi." His mother gives a small wave back from across the table. "I'm Gulf's mom, It's very nice to meet you finally."

 

"Gulfs mom." Type chirps. "Gulf is doing a very good job at taking care of me. He feeds me and washes my clothes. He lets me take a bubble bath too sometimes too. And- And - And he lets me eat fruit gummies but not for dinner."

 

Gulf feels a mix of laughter and tears that he tries to cover with a sniffle. Type seems very pleased with himself as he looks up to Gulf. His mother giggles behind her hand.

 

"I didn't lie, was I supposed to?" Type asks when gives his hand a squeeze. Gulf shakes his head. 

 

It must feel like a house visit from social workers for Type. Mild has told him about how some families will ask their kids to lie to keep them. Never for good reasons though. He wonders the lies Type has told for the families he stayed with. 

 

"No, you did great Type," Type smiles all tiny and cute like he's proud of himself. 

 

"Fruit gummies," His mother chides, "Is Mew still on the gummy kick?"

 

"They say all-natural on the package," Gulf says in a voice that echoes the same conversation he's had with Mew dozens of times before. His mother just laughs.

 

"Do you like fruit gummies and bubble baths?" Type nods distractedly at the question, his eyes searching over the dishes on the table now. "What kind of food do you like?"

 

"Hmm. Meat? I like crispy pork and Gulf lets us eat it often too."

 

Gulf flushes as his mother laughs. "Training the boy to like your favorite, very clever. I bet Mew will hate having to say no to both of you."

 

"He can barely say no to me, add in these cute eyes." Gulf ruffles Type's hair and the boy looks up at them, eyes all wide and curious. "He's never going to be able to say no again."

 

"When did I raise such a naughty boy?" His mother teases. Gulf preens. His mother searches through the dishes until she finds the one she wants. She shakes the container proudly.

 

"Good thing I made some crispy pork for you guys. Let me just get it ready and we can eat it for lunch."

 

Type helps Gulf put the rest of the containers in the fridge as his mother gets the food ready for lunch. Type even gets out utensils and plates before he waits patiently near his mother for the food. Not close enough to get in the way but close enough to watch. It's endearing and his mother coos every few minutes when she chances a look at Type.

 

They eat relatively quietly, Type more picking at his food than eating but he seems happy overall. Whenever Gulf is focused on talking to his mother he notices the larger chunks of the food missing. It seems that Type is just more comfortable eating when no one is looking. Though he thinks it might just be conditioning from his previous environment. 

 

Type answered questions, sometimes verbally sometimes with motions, a shrug, or a nod, but didn't initiate any conversations. But he was nice and he seemed content as he talks to Gulf's mother. It was a relief that not only could Type manage to talk to someone casually but also got along with his mother. It was very heartwarming. Type even managed a few tooth smiles and a laugh. Gulf heart almost couldn't contain the joy.

 

Later that evening when his mother is getting ready she crotches down to Type's level. "Type, it was very nice to meet you."

 

"You are very nice." She laughs. Type gives a shy smile back.

 

"Would it be too much to ask for a hug?" She opens her arms for him. 

 

Type blinks at her then looks up to Gulf. He lets out a tiny exhale. "I.."

 

"It's ok if you don't want to." His mother quickly rectifies noticing his discomfort. "We can high five or nothing, you can just wave to. That's ok."

 

"It was nice meeting you." Type says waving awkwardly, looking more nervous than he had all day.

 

His mother stands up, keeping a smile on her face as she waves back. "Let me know what food your want and I can make them for you for next time ok?"

 

"Crispy pork?"

 

"Yeah, that too." She laughs, "Or I can make some new stuff to see what you like?"

 

"I think that's a good idea," Gulf interjects, patting Type's back gently. "We might find something you like better than crispy pork."

 

"What if I don't?" Type asks.

 

"Then you'll be just like me" He jokes. "I like crispy pork the best as well."

 

 


 

 

Gulf jerks at the sounds of the door. He freezes as the door handles wiggles before turning as the door swings open. For about one terrifying second Gulf fears that it's those stupid guys from the first floor back for revenge and had somehow found his apartment number. His body tenses as he gets ready to grab Type and run. 

 

"Mew." He breathes out as the older man steps in, dragging his suitcase behind him. "Mew," He says again but with more excitement, as he throws (with enough self-preservation to not break it) his laptop onto the coffee table before sprinting over to Mew.

 

Mew grabs him in a hug, raising him off the floor enough to wiggle him around in the air as they hug and the only reason he doesn't cry out in pain from his rib is the sheer thought of having Mew in his arms again. 

 

"Your back." He wheezes half from excitement and half the pain getting too much. Mew sets him back down and pulls away enough to look over his face. Face shifting from happiness to concern. Gulf forgets about his bruised cheek for a moment until Mew probes the area.

 

"What happened?" Mew's face fills with worry and concern. Dang it, he really hadn't thought this part through. Mew hadn't said he would be coming home this soon and he was hoping he would be all healed up by the time he did.

 

He pulls his arms from Mew's neck to rub at his side. "Just a misunderstanding."

 

Mew pokes at his cheek and he tries not to wince. It's only been a few days since he got it and though it's not tender it still hurts. Mew's brows furrow as he breathes through his nose, eyes searching over Gulf's face for a long minute before his hand's touch Gulf's side. This time he can't stop the wince as Mew pats his rib. 

 

"A misunderstanding?" Mew asks coldly. His eyes move to look behind Gulf to where he assumes Type is still sitting on the couch. He looks back and Type is staring at them. His lip still healing and parted in shock at the new arrival. Gulf looks back to Mew who's looking at him expectantly.

 

"We got into a minor scuffle." He says and Mew steps away completely from him to look him over.

 

"Minor scuffle," Mew repeats in disbelief. "When?"

 

"Recently," Gulf says with a tiny chuckle. He's trying for casual and unaffected but Mew stares back at him unamused. "Three days ago."

 

"Three days ago?" Mew says running a hand over his face. The room feels heavy as Mew turns away from him. He gulps, then once more when he can feel his breath pick up and not from his rib this time.

 

"Why didn't you-" Gulf says then stops for a moment when Mew turns to look at him with a stoic expression. He continues a little bit softer. ".. tell me you were coming back today?"

 

"I wanted to surprise you." Mew answers blankly, motioning limply to the bag of food perched precariously on the top of his suitcase, and the single sunflower hanging out of his shoulder bag that had been dropped to the floor.

 

Mew doesn't say anything as he moves the food to the counter. He sets the flower next to it. He grabs his shoulder bag from the floor, looking like he was ready to leave. "I think... I'm going to head back to my condo for the night."

 

"What?" Gulf reaches out to grab at the strap of his bag. "Why? You just got here."

 

Mew steps back until he's out of reach, hand running over his face again. "Because I'm tired and I'm going to say something that neither of us wants to hear."

 

"Because I didn't tell you we got into a fight?" Gulf asks solemnly.

 

"Yes." Mew snaps, "Because you didn't. tell me."

 

"But we're fine and it's not that big of a deal." Gulf feels like he's had this conversation before. He had, just a few days ago with Mild but now it seems harder to have. He feels more guilt than before.

 

"Not the big of a deal," Mew says exasperated scuffing as he shakes his head. "Who did you get into a fight with?"

 

"You know... no-one important..." Gulf wets his lips nervously and gulps again.

 

"Was it someone I know?" Mew stares at him and he looks away ashamed. "Was it... the guys from the first floor?"

 

He gives a tiny half-shrug pointed looking at his feet. Mew throws his hand up as he curses softly.

 

"Those assholes." He looks at Type from over Gufls shoulder "Sorry."

 

"It's fine the police took care of it."

 

"The police." Mew wheezes and Gulf is afraid that Mew might explode if he keeps holding it in the way he is. Mew's hands are curling and uncurling at his side, shoulders stiff. "Gulf you didn't think that a fight involving people who've been harassing you for the past six months because you're gay was worth telling me about? Not even when it ended with the police intervening."

 

"I was going to tell."

 

"When?" Mew snaps again, his voice loud and angry. Gulf feels a ringing in his ears. 

 

"After you got back and I was healed." Gulf gave him a reassuring smile.

 

Mew runs a hand through his hair but this time it stops, fisting the strands before he growls. "Ridiculous. This is ridiculous. Do you even care about me at all? Do you care about this relationship? What could possibly make you think that it was ok to not tell me about this? Would you rather I just stayed gone so you didn't have to worry about telling me at all?"

 

Gulf's mouth falls open. Mew heaves a few breathes as he stares. Gulf can feel him holding back. Then Mew turns away grabbing his suitcase. There are many things in Gulf life that he worries about. But it had been a long time since he thought about Mew leaving him because of one of his mistakes. He hadn't thought about that since their last major fight almost a year ago. A year ago seems like such a short amount of time for the sheer amount of adoration and love he has for the other male. And yet in this very moment, it seemed like not nearly enough time had passed since his last mistake.

 

He grabs at Mew's hands only to be shaken off as Mew reaches for the door. Gulf panics as steps in front of him blocking the door. "Don't leave yet."

 

Mew closes his eyes and pushes Gulf to the side. Gulf stumbles but slaps Mew's hands from the door.

 

"Get out of the way," Mew growls.

 

"You can't leave being mad at me." Gulf cries. "Please don't leave yet."

 

"You can't even answer a single one of my questions and you want me to stay?"

 

"I'm sorry. Listen." Gulf takes Mew's hand and waits a moment to make sure Mew isn't going to push him away again. "You were so busy with work and I didn't want to be a bother. I can handle myself. I can protect myself and Type. You don't have to worry."

 

"I do worry." Mew's lips tighten, "But now I'm furious. Gulf this is serious. You were attacked and you don't think it's important enough to tell me, I'm your boyfriend. You're supposed to trust me. You're supposed to know that I can handle work and you. We're supposed to rely on each other right," He sounds a little desperate before he looks away agitated and defeated. "You're supposed to -" Mew takes a deep breath, "You supposed to trust me. Us. This."

 

"I do trust you."

 

"Not enough to tell me?" Gulf can see tears bunching up in the corners of Mew's eyes. It's more than just sadness, he can still see the anger there, the misunderstanding that he thinks Gulf doesn't trust him. He does. Gulf trusts him. But that doesn't mean he's ready for Mew to prioritize him over his work. Gulf could never be the reason that Mew losses even one moment of what he's worked so hard for.

 

"That's not it at all." Gulf plays with Mew's fingers. "I don't want... to get in the way of your work."

 

Mew takes a deep breath through his nose. "Is my work more important than you are?"

 

Gulf nods, "It's your dream."

 

"Gulf," Mew sighs leaning in until their foreheads are touching. "You telling me you got hurt won't hinder my work in any way-"

 

"You're telling me that you wouldn't have dropped what you were doing to come back to check on me the moment I told you?"

 

Mew's shoulders slacked, he couldn't really deny that he wouldn't have. "No, I can't say that I wouldn't have. I might have."

 

"You should stay, we can really talk about it later. We should eat and you can get to know Type." Gulf offers as Mew pulls away.

 

Mew looks back to the couch where Type is watching the tv, football pillow pulled to his chest. "I don't know if this is the right time to meet him."

 

"But I don't want you to leave," Gulf said honestly.

 

Mew sighs, "Let me... go wash my face of something first. I'm still mad and I don't want anything else to ruin his impression of me. It hasn't really been the best meeting."

 

"You meet him when he first got here."

 

"That doesn't count since it was only for a few minutes." Mew grabs his bag and takes it back to Gulf's room.

 

Gulf sits down next to Type. The boy turns to him, "Did you fight?"

 

"A little bit," Gulf says before smiling, "But it's ok now. Sometimes we fight but we always love each other. I'm sorry if it scared you."

 

"It was a quiet fight so it didn't scare me. I'm used to it."

 

Guilt. That's all Gulf seems to be feeling today. "I'm sorry."

 

Type looks up at him a bit confused. "Why?"

 

"For fighting in front of you, it wasn't fair. And it wasn't nice."

 

"Fighting means you care." Type says in a way that makes him sound wiser than his age. 

 

"Not necessarily but I guess you got the sentiment right. But fighting doesn't always mean you care."

 

"But you guys did it softly, and that means you care because it wasn't angry. No hitting or anything."

 

"Hitting isn't nice and you shouldn't even if your mad."

 

"You have to use your words." Type says.

 

Gulf couldn't help but pull Type into a hug. Type lets him too, he's a little stiff but he falls into it. "Such a smart boy."

 

Type leans in more at the words. Gulf still feels guilty for fighting in front of Type, he shouldn't have but it brings him some joy that does seem understanding. He thinks that moments like this are the reason he can't wait to see Type grow up and develop into himself. 

 

"I promise we won't fight in front of you anymore," Gulf says as he pulls away from the hug. "I want you to feel safe with me. At all times."

 

"I do." Type reaches up slowly, before pressing on Gulf's nose with his pointer finger. "Thank you for apologizing."

 

Gulf could cry at that moment as Type smiles at him. Type was doing what he usually did, booping his nose all soft and gentle. Maybe Type was getting better. Something that Gulf had been worrying about every day but watching Type imitate something he'd done as a form of comfort. Mild had been right, Type was getting better he's just too close to see it. But he sees it now.

 

Gulf laughs and pulls him back into a hug, he says jokingly "You're a real cute kid, I think I'll keep you."

 

"I want you to." Type answers seriously and he just hugs tighter.

 

"I guess it's decided then." Gulf pulls away again. "We can discuss logistics of the stay later but for now," Type gives him a confused look but follows as he gets off the couch. "food."

 

Type helps him put out plates and utensils. He insists, giving Gulf a scowl when Gulf said he didn't need to. Type gets cups of water for them as well. Gulf watches him closely as he gets the food ready. Mew walks back out as Gulf is helping Type plate up his food.

 

"Hey," Mew says in a tentative voice. He crotches on the ground next to Type's chair. "I'm sorry about earlier."

 

Type tilts his head but doesn't answer.

 

"My name is Mew It's nice to meet you." Type stares at him then turns back to Gulf. Mew moves to his seat across from Type when it seemed like the boy didn't want to interact. "You and Gulf like the same foods"

 

Type doesn't answer but he squints down at the food in thought.

 

"I heard you like football too." Mew tries again and Type stares.

 

Gulf isn't sure what to say and Mew seems at a loss as well. Then Type speaks. "Don't be mad at Gulf."

 

"I'm not mad. We just had a misunderstanding." Mew says a bit startled by the statement.

 

"Gulf says that the guys who called us names was a misunderstanding." Gulf can hear Types feet kicking out and hitting the legs of the chair. "You're not going to do that too."

 

"What?" Mew's eyes widen and Gulf feels a bit shocked at the words as well. "No, never. That's very different."

 

"So it's not a misunderstanding?"

 

"No it is but ..." Mew trails off because he really didn't know the situation, he looks at Gulf for an answer.

 

"You're not allowed to be mad at Gulf." Type says with such a serious face hands fisting around the utensils that he hits against the table a little too aggressively for Gulf liking. "You're not allowed to be mean to him either."

 

Mew shrinks in his seat. It's so weird to see Type so demanding and stern. Gulf leans over to Type. "Hey buddy, it's ok. Mew isn't mean. We were talking before remember. Don't worry."

 

"But he said you don't trust him and if you don't then I shouldn't" 

 

The logic was there, it made sense. But it was wrong. This was bad because Gulf didn't want Type to not like Mew because of this. This would be horrible if Type would never trust Mew. It was just a misunderstanding. A misunderstanding because of him. 

 

"Type, no I do trust him, Mew just got worried because I didn't tell him about what happened a few days ago with those men. I trust Mew."

 

Type stares at Gulf contemplatively for a moment before looking to Mew. Then he turns to his plate and takes a tiny bite of food.

 

Mew stays silent and Gulf knows he's sulking. But Gulf can't blame him for it either. Type just basically said he didn't trust him.

 

Gulf tries to convince Type a few more times the Mew is not a bad person but Type doesn't remove the glare from his face. 

 

The rest of the night goes similar, Mew trying to be pleasant towards Type but Type ignoring him for the most part.

 

They were working on a worksheet later that evening and Mew asked if he wanted a snack and Type chucked his pencil across the room a Mew. It was startling and Gulf had never thought he had good reflexes until his hand shot out to catch the flying pencil.

 

"Type," Gulf says exasperated. "You don't throw pencils, that's dangerous."

 

Type slams his hands down on the table. "I don't want it."

 

"Want what?" Gulf asks easing Types hands off the table and out of a fist.

 

Type jerks his hand away to point at Mew. Gulf looks back at Mew and mouths a sorry. Mew shakes his head before walking out of the room. "Type you can't throw pencils at people, that's dangerous. Do you understand? That could have hurt him."

 

"Fine."

 

Gulf sighs.

 

The rest of the night was quiet, Mew stayed in Gulf's room doing work on his computer. Gulf had checked on him a few times but Mew didn't really acknowledge him. It was stifling. 

 

It really wasn't a good start for their relationship.

 

“Type why don’t you like Mew?” Gulf asks as he’s tucking Type into bed later that night. The sound of the waves from the sound machine seemed to help calm him.

 

Type doesn’t answer just rolls to face away, hugging his football pillow, tugging the blankets over his head.

 

Gulf gently pries the blankets down to see the boy's face, “Just because I have Mew doesn’t mean I won’t be here for you.” It seemed like a good place to start to make sure Type felt secure.

 

Type doesn't move for a second before slowly turning to look at Gulf, pinky held out. "You promise."

 

“Of course." Gulf wiggles their pinkies together. "Now, why don't you like Mew?”

 

Type just squeezes his eyes shut as he turns away again. Gulf sighs when Type doesn't seem to want to continue the conversation anymore, running his fingers through Type's hair before leaving the boy to sleep.

 

Mew was sitting on the edge of the bed, damp hair dripping over his shoulders, towel around his waist. He looks lost as he looks up at Gulf, who grabs a spare towel before standing in front of him. They’re silent as Gulf rubs the towel over his head.

 

"What's the real reason you didn't tell me." 

 

Gulf stills his hands, Mew doesn't move from under the towel, "I didn't want you to worry."

 

Mew stays silent but Gulf can feel the annoyance in his posture. "I can protect myself, you know." Gulf continues.

 

"I know you can."

 

"That scandal came out the other day about your lock screen and I knew you were busying finishing up the album for your new group and you had a few concerts that I knew you were finalizing. I knew you were busy is what I mean and I don't..." Gulf trails off, he shifts his hands to message at Mew's scalp over the towel. "I don't want to put myself before your work, ever."

 

Mew tugs the towel back enough to look up at him through the fringe. "We've talked about this, we're a team and you telling me about your problems won't 'get in my way' Gulf, I love you and I know you're more than capable of protecting yourself but let me help you. I've been begging you to report those guys and now look what they did."

 

"I don't want you to worry about me when you already have so much to worry about."

 

Mew cupped his jaw, "Gulf you will always be my top priority and there is nothing in the world I would rather worry about more than you. Me putting you first isn't going to take away anything. Me loving you isn't going to get in the way of the company. I promise."

 

"But what if-"

 

"Nothing you do will take away how important you are to me. I love my company, my music, and my dream but you're just as important as any of those. Please don't ever count yourself short."

 

Gulf can feel his lip wobble as Mew pulls him into his lap.

 

"I'm glad you're ok but please don't keep something like this from me again."

 

"Ok." Gulf nods and Mew kisses his cheek again. "I do trust you."

 

"Do you love me?"

 

"Of course I do." Gulf tangles his fingers in the damp hair of the nape of his neck pulling Mew in to drop a quick peck to his lips.

 

"At least you do. Type seems to hate me." Mew says with a pout.

 

"It's not that bad," Gulf says kissing those pouty lips.

 

“Maybe I should sleep at my place and ease my way into Type life. Maybe this is too quick.”

 

Gulf tugs at his earlobe grumpily. “But I missed you.” He says softly with a hint of need before Mew's face melts into sheer endearment. 

 

“I missed you too baby," Mew says softly, fingers slipping under his shirt as he gives Gulf a sincere yet quick kiss. "But I don’t want to make Type uncomfortable either.” 

 

Gulf cupped the back of his head pulling their faces closer together. “We’ll figure it out tomorrow.” He tries to reason with Mew. “It’s too late for you to go tonight.”

 

“It’s only 9.”

 

“Way too late.” Gulf whispers, brushing their lips together. “And I don’t think I can handle another night without you holding me.” Gulf's hands slide down Mew's arms, squeezing up his biceps before moving over the collarbone and down to that strong chest. “Kissing me,” he brushes their lips ever so lightly. Mew lips purse to follow Gulfs. “Fucking me.”

 

Mew groans at the deep slow hip roll. “Baby,” Mew growls flipping Gulf to press him into the mattress. Their lips meet in a needy kiss. One that feels like a month of absence and desperation. The towel is flung somewhere to the side followed by Gulf's shirt and pants. Then his boxers land not too far from that. 

 

Gulf's hands are pulling at Mew, groaning for more, and just as Mew reaches for the drawer to grab supplies for their upcoming activities, there’s a knock at the door.

 

“I didn’t lock it.” Gulf gasps out in a panic and stretches off the bed to grab his nearby boxers. Mew grabs the sweat pants next to them and slipped them to them just as Type was opening the door.

 

“Hey, buddy, what’s up?” Gulf tries to sound casual as he slips under the covers behind Mew to try and hide his erection that was thankfully fading very quickly.

 

“Can I sleep with you tonight?” Type mutters to the football pillow, pointedly glaring at his feet.

 

Type's never asked to sleep with him before. He's only really made it into the room once before. Gulf wasn't sure he should let him. He honestly didn't want to but he also couldn't find it in himself to say no because tell Type no because he wanted sex seems callous at best.

 

"Sure, buddy. But just for tonight." Gulf says from over Mew's shoulder. Type gives him a long look before shuffling over to the bed. He crawls up and Gulf feels Mew grab his hand and pull it towards his crotch. He struggles for a second before he feels Type feet kick out. Oh. He grabs Types ankle before it could hit Mew. Type freezes to look at him.

 

"Type." He says disapprovingly and Type tries to kick again but Gulf tightens his grip.

 

"I don't want to sleep next to him." A tiny finger points to Mew's face.

 

"Kicking him wasn't a nice way to say that." Type pulls his foot from Gulf's hand, squishing his face into his football pillow. 

 

"Sorry." Type mutters. "Can I sleep by Gulf?"

 

Gulf sighs but gives him a smile, crawling over Mew to lay between them. Mew shifts away to give him room but Gulf pulls his arm until Mew is pressed up against him.

 

"Type is being mean today," Gulf says softly, tugging down on the pillow to see Type's face. "Why is that?"

 

"I'm not mean." Type glares over Gulf shoulder at Mew. 

 

"You are. Mew is a good person." Gulf tucks a lock of hair behind Type ear. "We don't hit people, we talk to people. Nicely. We use nice words and actions because we care about people."

 

"I don't care about him."

 

Gulf feels Mew bury his face in his back. "But I do. And I don't like it when you hurt people I care about. You don't like it when people hurt those you care about?"

 

"No." Type scratches grumpily. 

 

"So will you try to be nice to Mew?"

 

Type glares at Mew then shrugs and closes his eyes, done with the conversation. He runs a hand over Type's head before pulling the blanket up to the boy's shoulders.

 

Gulf shifts to look back at Mew who's pouting. He gives him a kiss, one that's a little bit more desperate for more than Gulf is willing to admit before he settles back. Mew's hands stay in safe zones over his body but his crotch is pressed right into his ass. Gulf can still feel the last little bit of arousal pressed between his cheeks. He sighs, at least Mew is sleeping with him tonight, and that's better than last night. He could wait to get reacquainted with Mew's dick tomorrow.

 

 

 

Waking up to Mew's erection poking him was normal but not being able to do anything about it wasn't. Gulf pouts as he turns off his alarm, Mew shifts behind him, grinding against him. He reaches back to pat Mew's hips sympathetically. He wanted nothing more than to roll over and wake up to the new day with an orgasm and a long slow make-out session till both their lips hurt from kissing kind of morning from Mew. He couldn't and that was a very sad way to start the day.

 

Type was stretched out in front of him, his tiny hand holding onto Gulf's pillow as he drooled over his football pillow.

 

"You going into work today?" Mew's deep sleep riddled voice says against his neck.

 

"Yeah, just a for a little bit and I have to stop by the officer's office later as well."

 

Mew groans as he shifts, legs curling into Gulfs as his arms tighten before he relaxes again. Mew's hand rubs over his belly.

 

"Hmmm missed this," Mew mumbles into his shoulder. It takes all of Gulf will power, every single ounce of it, to not cave to that voice. Mew's hand creeps down his stomach and brushes over the top of his pants before he grabs it and holds it still. Mew makes a whiney noise and bites his shoulder before kissing the spot.

 

"Type is drooling on the pillow," Gulf says softly and Mew stops moving then looks over Gulf's shoulder. Type shifts, his nose scrunching up as he begins to wake up. Mew flops back down.

 

"When will you be back tonight?" Mew asks in a sort of depressed voice.

 

Gulf raises Mew's hand that he's still holding to give it an apologetic kiss. "By dinner time."

 

Mew whines, wriggling around, pouting then suddenly he pushes off the bed, quickly drop a kiss (it was more like a raspberry that got them both laughing) to Gulf's cheek before going to the restroom.

 

"I'm going to shower and ... take care of things. Do you want me to make breakfast?" Mew asks from the door.

 

"I got it," Gulf says. Mew sends him a loud air kiss before disappearing.

 

"He's too happy to be awake." Type grumbles, sleep crusty eyes cracking open. 

 

Gulf smiles and pinches his nose softly. "You have no idea buddy."

 

 


 

 

Gulf hasn't been taking any hosting jobs so it's mainly just article work that he talks about with Best at the beginning of the meeting. He'll need to start picking up those jobs again soon though because of the money they made. Also, the season was about to start again and he couldn't miss it, he loved football and sportscasting too much to miss it. Plus, It was the reason he was hired at the company originally.

 

"I have some requests for hosting jobs, I know you said you're not really taking them but I figured I show you just in case." Best said as he handed Gulf a stack of papers. He looks through the brands and events thoughtfully. If Type wasn't in his care he would happily take most of them if he could. He's pretty sure he could squeeze in a few and have Mild watch Type.

 

"This one a few others here are also working because of the size of the event, I would recommend it."

 

Gulf looks over the proposal for the event, "Yeah, ok. It does look good."

 

Type wiggles himself between Gulf's arms to look at the papers with him. "This one is for ice cream."  

 

Gulf ruffles his hair affectionately, "Very good." Seems like the worksheets and practice were paying off. He's reading words off the page without being prompted and he understood them. without asking. Which is honestly huge, Type trying to read on his own in general. 

 

"Gulf are you going to talk for ice cream." 

 

"I don't think so buddy, and I would be the host for the program." Gulf flips through a few more pages. He pulls out a few pages that didn't seem too far away but would make decent money.

 

"Host." Type repeated. "You're going to host ice cream."

 

Best laughs at this. He pulls out the ice cream job as well before handing it back to two separate piles. "No, I will host an event about ice cream. As a host, you talk about ice cream and you assist the guests to promote ice cream."

 

"Do you get to eat it?"

 

"Sometimes."

 

"Did you check the dates for these?" Best asks, flipping the computer screen around so Gulf could see the newly added dates for the events. He also noted a few articles that he still needed work on due soon.

 

"Looks fine, can you send me a copy so I can make sure I have someone to watch Type." Best nods flipping the screen back around.

 

"Can I join you in talking about ice cream and eating it?" Type looks expectantly up at him.

 

"I don't know buddy. Probably not but we can get ice cream together later." Gulf offers. Type looks to Best. Best smiles back. Type frowns and looks back to Gulf, thinking about the offer.

 

Type seems to be ok with this idea as he gives s silent nod. He's quiet the rest of the time as Gulf finishes talking to Best. He finalizes his schedule once more before heading out.

 

"Look, it's little man." Bright yells from down the hall.

 

"Bright." Type says and he waits for Bright to catch up to them.

 

"Heard Mew came back," Bright raised a brow.

 

"Yeah, It's fine," Gulf says.

 

"Sure Sure, I saw you took the jersey campaign. I did too. Glad we'll be working on it together. It's been a while since we worked on something together." Bright hit him on the shoulder with the stack of papers in his hand.

 

"By that you mean you'll let me take over so you can coast through." Gulf teases. Bright gives him a sarcastic look as his phone dings loudly.

 

"Gotta head out but let me know when you wanna play football. I can't wait to teach little man here some moves." Bright waves as he continues his journey down the hall.

 

"Bye Bright." Type chirps.

 

"See ya," Gulf says as well waving Bright off.

 

"Bright is happy like Mew." Type says looking up at him. 

 

"Some people are just happy all the time."

 

"I'm not." Type mutters as they walk out of the building. "It feels tiring."

 

Gulf laughs, "Yeah it does, doesn't it."

 


 

Type sat next to Gulf as he talked with Officer San. It was a relatively quick meeting. Gulf was asked to fill out some paperwork and tell one more time what happened. There were actions he could take against the men and Officer San suggest he take them. A few more pieces of paper later everything seemed to be in order. 

 

Including a restraining order which was only agreed upon because the men have harassed Gulf before and because of the proximity and likelihood that it might happen again.

 

"I'm not really supposed to tell you this but none of them have a clean record and one is one parole so there's a strong chance that you won't have to deal with them for a long while, if ever." Officer San smiled from across the desk as they close up their discussion.

 

"Thanks." 

 

Gulf stood and helped Type up. Officer San stood as well, clearing his throat. "About the party I mentioned."

 

"Yes?" Gulf has the information stuck to his fridge so he wouldn't lose it.

 

"I was wondering if you'll be joining." Officer San shifts, fixing his belt awkwardly as he waits.

 

"I don't know, I don't want to intrude."

 

Officer San waves his comment off with a smile. "I invited you. They're like family to me and they're always looking for friends. Thanya is so sociable, she can't have enough friends."

 

Gulf looks down at Type, "Do you want to make some new friends?" Type shakes his head. Gulf chuckles, the answer wasn't surprising at all. "Would you like to try if I'm there with you the whole time?" Type just stares back.

 

"Well, there's still some time to think about it. It's Saturday so like five days to think about it." Officer San says, addressing the last part to Type.

 

"I'll think about it." Type answers and Gulf ruffles his hair.

 

"We'll be there, thank you."

 


 

Dinner was more exciting than Gulf had wanted it to be. Type seemed to be restless from the moment they walked through the door that evening. Mew had order food from a local place, not crispy pork which was a mistake because Type decided not eating crispy pork for dinner was a crime and threw a tantrum. Gulf finally got him to calm down enough to eat something after an hour. 

 

Type then proceeded to throw chillis at Mew and trying to pour salt into his drink and almost managed to do it if Gulf hadn't caught him. When Gulf reprimanded him Type response was,

 

"I don't like him."

 

Gulf's heart sank and judging by Mew's face, his did as well. Their first real meeting hadn't been the best but Mew was nice to Type but Type wanted nothing to do with Mew no matter how much Gulf tried to reassure him that Mew was a good person. Mew rook himself to Gulf's room for the remainder of the night to work on his laptop. Gulf knew he was sulking, how could he not be. 

 

"He's tuck into bed." Gulf calls a little dramatically when he steps into the bedroom later that night. Mew smirks at him from his position on the bed, laptop on his lap. "I'm going to shower, wait for me."

 

"Want me to join you?" Mew asks, eyeing him like a lion eye their prey.

 

Gulf debates it, "Hmm, showering together... or separate." He steps closer to the bed before leaning over. He puckers his lips and Mew gives him a kiss. "separate."

 

Mew frowns as Gulf walks away. "It's like you don't even miss me."

 

Gulf shot shim a look and Mew pouts back. "Of course I do, I just want sex on the bed, not the wall tonight."

 

"You like wall sex," Mew calls back.

 

Gulf takes his time in the shower, it's been a little bit since they've had sex so he cleans up and stretches quickly. Already feeling impatient at the thought of waiting to be prepped later on during the good stuff - So shower prep it was. 

 

He jumps out of the shower feeling excited and jittery. Mew had been gone for two months so he'd missed the intimacy, the touching and kissing and ... holding. He'd just missed Mew being there. Smiling at him. Loving him. 

 

He walks back into the room wearing only a towel hanging loosely on his hips and an ambitious smile. Mew looks up from his laptop then double-takes before he slowly closes the laptop and sets it onto the side table.

 

"And they say the sunflower reaches for the sun but you must have touched it and kept with you because you shine brighter than any light" Mew's eyes roam over his torso, his eyes stop at Gulf's side before trailing back up. "How did I get so lucky to call you mine."

 

Gulf flushes as he lets the towel fall to the ground. Mew's eyes flicker over his body again as he crawls over the bed to straddle Mew.

 

Mew's hand runs up his legs to grab his hips, settling him comfortably in his lap. "As much as I hate to suggest this, should we wait a few more days?"

 

Gulf frowns, offended. "Why?"

 

Mew drags his hand up to cup Gulf's side. Gulf looks down at it, the bruise covering a few ribs in purple and yellow. It wasn't that bad, healing too. "It's fine."

 

"You really think you can handle me," Mew leans in close to nip at Gulf earlobe, "pressing your legs to your chest," another nip and a kiss to his jawline, "Bending you in half to get deep."

 

"Yes," Gulf moans out, hip rolling against Mew's then, "Fuck," as Mew pressed into the bruised area.

 

Mew raises a challenging brow. "It's fine" Gulf snaps.

 

"How about I blow you instead?" Mew offers hands on Gulf's hips to grind them together.

 

"No," Gulf whines petulantly. "It's fine."

 

"Gulf it's not-"

 

"I can ride you." Gulf gasps out in what can only be explained as a surprising idea shooting out of his mouth.

 

Mew trailed his lips over Gulf cheek to brush against his lips but pulling away before they could kiss. 

 

"Please," Gulf continues pleadingly, "Please let me ride you."

 

"I don't know, I don't want you to hurt-"

 

"Mew" Gulf says seriously pulling Mews shirt over his head. Mew gave no resistance. "I don't care if it hurts - it won't, probably- I miss you. I want you. Do you really think you can resist me?"

 

Gulf grabs Mew's hand and wraps it around his length stroking it as he pulls Mew into a kiss. Mew freehand gropes Gulf's waist, trying to get friction for his quickly growing bulge.

 

"Mew" Gulf says coyly licking into his mouth before dragging his spit-damp lips over Mew's skin to kiss his neck. "Please"

 

"Ok, but be careful." Mew groans out and Gulf smirks as he feels Mew's hand reaching blindly for their nightstand drawer. Gulf hand pull at Mews pants to free his cock, he grabs it roughly. Mew hisses, nails digging into Gulf ass as he bucks up into the hand. Gulf chuckles, thumbing over the tip.

 

Mew's hands loudly knock around the drawer until he reaches for the lube and his fingers touch the tube there's a knock at the door. They both freeze.

 

"I locked it," Gulf whispers as they hear the doorknob jiggle.

 

"Gulf." Type calls through the door. Gulf sighs sliding off Mew and the bed, he grabs pants and pulls them on as he cracks the door open.

 

"Hey, buddy. What's wrong?"

 

Type tries to look past him but Gulf shifts to block his view, he's sure Mew did something to cover himself up but just in case. "Can I sleep with you tonight?"

 

"Did you have a nightmare again?" Gulf runs a hand through Types hair.

 

"No." Type steps closer to lean against him. 

 

"But you have your own bed to sleep in, why don't you want to sleep there?"

 

Type thumps his head against Gulf's stomach. "Lonely."

 

Gulf feels his shoulders sag as he coos, he crouches down to pull Type into a hug. "I'm right across the hall, it's not lonely. I'm right here."

 

"But your not in the room."

 

Gulf scratches his back, "But you did so well sleeping all by yourself up until now. Why are you suddenly feeling lonely?" Gulf brushes Type's fringe from his face.

 

"You're sharing a bed with him." Type points behind Gulf's head but stares into Gulf eyes. "Why not share with me?"

 

Gulf pulls Type into a tight hug, wiggling him a bit before pulling away. "I love sharing with you Type but -" Gulf stops. He was going to say that they share a be like mommy and daddy but he's not sure Type has ever had stable parents enough to understand the reference like that. He can't say they love each other because he loves Type too it's just a different type of love.

 

"Do you love Mew more than me?" Type peers into eyes like he's searching through them for his soul. It's oddly intimidating for an eight-year-old to be staring at him so intensely.

 

"I love you both very much but I love Mew differently. The type of love we have means we share a bed but that doesn't mean I love you any less it just means that our love is sleeping in separate rooms."

 

Type's tiny face scrunches up as he thinks over that. "What do I have to do to get love to share a bed with you?"

 

"That's not... I mean...-" Gulf sighs. "nothing Type. You don't ever have to do anything to make some love you. But you are so strong and brave and sleeping in your own bed is important."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because Mew moves too much and he would keep you awake and then you'll be tired and I don't want you to be tired."

 

"I won't be." Type says defiantly. Gulf smiles as he stands up. He nudges Type back to his room. Type puts up a little bit of a fight but then stomps to his bed.

 

"I don't know, you look tired now." Gulf taps his nose as he helps tuck him back into his own bed. "If you have a bad dream or you need me I'm in the next room. That's not very far away. But I think you're so strong that you don't need me."

 

"But I want you." 

 

Gulf coos, kissing his forehead. "I love you. But I think you can sleep in here if you really really need me. You know where I am."

 

"What If I get scared?" Type asks.

 

"Then just call for me, I'll come to you. Okay?"

 

Type huffs but nods.

 

"Do you want to listen to the song before bed?" Gulf asks.

 

Type pouts, "Yes." Gulf ruffles his hair as he quickly walks back to his room, Mew is under the covers. He looks up as Gulf enters.

 

"Is he ok?"

 

"Yeah. Give me a few more minutes." Gulf grabs his phone but leans over to kiss Mew. "You better be ready when I get back because we're starting exactly where we stopped."

 

He doesn't get Mew's response as he heads back to Type's room. He sits on the edge of the bed and plays Mew's old recording. Type closes his eyes, his hand touches Gulfs as the music played.

 

When the song was over Type doesn't open his eyes but he slides his hand back under the covers. Gulf kisses his temple before leaving the room.

 

Gulf locks the door again before stepping out of his pants and throwing the covers off Mew to straddle him again. Mew's naked which is good but he has a severe lack of erection. Gulf frowns.

 

"I told you to be ready." Mew laughs as Gulf pokes at his mostly flaccid dick.

 

"You're not much better," Mew says grabbing his hand to stop the poking.

 

Gulf pouts. "But I want sex now."

 

Mew pulls him down into a soft kiss. "Stop whining, it won't take long to get back there."

 

Mew wasn't wrong. The kiss turned from soft to heated quickly and Gulf's body rocked into Mew's, hips grinding. Mew's hand grabs them both stroking them to fully erect. It didn't take long at all to get them right back to the heated moment they were at before.

 

"Lube" Gulf gasps as Mew's hand starts to pick up speed. The neediness from the separation was noticeable in his strokes. Gulf found the lube on the bed and poured it over Mew's hand. The lube ran down their dicks as Mew continues to rub them. The lube slicking them up and giving it a nice glide, Gulf groans at the feeling.

 

Gulf cants his hips into Mews's hand a few more times before he slams their mouths together as he pulls Mew's hand away from their dicks. They keep kissing as Gulf presses the tip to his entrance. Mew tries to pull his mouth away as Gulf slides down onto him. Gulf hisses at the resistance and tight feeling. Maybe he rushed the prep earlier because it was tight but he wasn't stopping now. Mew's hands gripped his hips tightly slowing him down.

 

"Always so impatient." Mew reprimands as he mouth down to Gulf nipple, tugging it between his teeth.

 

"Fuck," Gulf whispers harshly. His body tightening before relaxing letting him slide down further.

 

He lets out a little gasping whine as he finally bottoms out. Mew's lips suck as his neck, hands touching everywhere. Mapping out his body as if he didn't already know everything there was about Gulf's body as many times as they've done this. Mews mapped out his body with his lips and tongue before, taking hours to undo him like he was trying to unravel him from the outside in. Yet every time it's like Mew needs to relearn every part of him. Hands needy to know more touch more, pull him closer, and never let go.

 

"I missed you," Mew says before kissing just behind his ear. Gulf shudders.

 

"Missed you too." Gulf connects their lips again as he rolls his hips. Starting a slow pace as they kissed, hands tangling in Mew's hair. "Miss you so much."

 

Mew's hands pressed them closer, urging him to move faster. Mew's hands never strayed to his hurt side but he touched everywhere else. Kissing all the skin he could reach. Gulf used Mew's shoulder as support and tried to keep most of his weight on his uninjured side but he still felt his bruise ache. He didn't let it show though, the pain was more of an annoyance than real pain. It just fueled him to move quicker because the more he thought about Mew and Mew thrusting inside him, rubbing that place inside him sending tingles through his body the less he thought about the ache in his side. 

 

Mew's hand goes back to his erection, stroking it in tangent to Gulf thrust. Pushing him closer and closer until his body tightened, arching into Mew. He bites down on his lip to stop any noises as he splatters against Mew's chest. Gulf keeps moving though, whining at the feeling. Mew's hands stabilize him. If this were before, before Type came to stay with him, when they could be as loud as they wanted and go as long and hard as they wanted, Mew would have made him beg to cum. Made him ride his dick for hours until he ached and when Mew finally pulled out of him he felt the phantom throb of his dick for hours afterward. But Type was just in the other room, they couldn't be loud and though Gulf wanted to go for hours his side was protesting and he knew he would feel it tomorrow. That didn't mean he couldn't still push himself to make sure Mew got off inside him.

 

"So pretty when you come on my dick," Mew says, bucking up into him, lips mouthing at Gulf collarbone trying to leave a mark.

 

"So pretty when you come inside me," Gulf says back in a sassy tone before groaning when Mew snaps his hips up.

 

Mew wraps his arms around him, pulling him down harder and harder. It was borderline painful and he wanted to come again, he could almost feel the string in his belly but it was too soon. 

 

"Mew... fuck uhn." Gulf presses his mouth into Mews's shoulder to silence himself. 

 

"I'm going to cum." Mew says and Gulf nods.

 

"Please." He moans at the erratic thrusts until he feels the warmth coat inside him. Mew gives a few more thrusts as he works through his orgasm before stopping. They settle against the headboard, Gulf's body hurts but he feels happy to have Mew back in his arms.

 

"I love you," Mew says again, kissing his temple. Gulf kisses his shoulder as he feels a hand brush over his bruised side. "Does it hurt?"

 

"A little," Gulf says honestly, he knows the response that's coming.

 

"I told you we should -" Mew cut himself off to let out an exhale as Gulf squeezes him, not only with his ass but his legs and arms as well. Squeezing tight until Mew exhaled a soft "Fine."

 

"A little bit of pain is fine. It wouldn't be the first time." Gulf laughs at Mew affronted noise.

 

"That's different." Mew pats his butt. "Spanking is foreplay."

 

"Same thing different cause," Gulf says, enjoying Mew's hand's cup his ass.

 

Mew makes an annoyed noise but doesn't comment on the subject anymore. "Let's get cleaned up."

 

Mew helps him up and out of bed. Gulf can feel the cum dribbling down his thigh.

 

"Want to shower with me?" Gulf asks, wiggling his hips playfully.

 

"I thought you wanted to shower separately," Mew says childishly but follows him into the bathroom.

 

"That was earlier when I wanted bed sex, I want shower sex now."

 


 

Gulf shifts uncomfortable on the chair, laptop open in front of him. Mew and Type were sitting on the couch watching football. Mew didn't really know anything about the sport, at least not past the random tidbits he'd picked up from spending time with Gulf. They'd watched games together often but Mew would either do work while sitting next to him or he'd distract Gulf from the game completely.

 

Gulf was hoping this could count as quality time so Type could get used to Mew more. It was going exactly as expected. Mew would try and cheer at something and Type would glare. Mew tried to ask Type something about the game, Type would glare. Type cheered about something but would glare if Mew joined in. At one point Type had stood up to cheer for a goal in the game and Mew had done the same but Type got so mad about it he pushed Mew.

 

"You can't cheer."

 

"Type don't push, that's not nice." Gulf calls from across the room. Type moves back onto the couch. "Why can't Mew cheer with you?"

 

"He doesn't know the game." Type answers. He wasn't wrong, Mew didn't know the game but that didn't mean pushing him was right.

 

"How will he learn?" Gulf asks.

 

"Will you teach me the game Type?" Mew asks, sitting back down on the couch as well.

 

"No." Type grabs the pillow next to him and throws it at Mew. "You can't learn."

 

"Why not?" Mew asks Type.

 

"No."

 

Gulf sighs, walking over to sit between Type and Mew on the couch. It was much more comfy for his ass anyway. "Ok, then I'll teach him."

 

"No" Type cries, leaning over Gulf to push at Mew. Gulf grabs his arms gently pulling him back up to sit on the couch.

 

"Type that's not very nice." Type huffs glaring at Mew before turning back to the screen. Gulf takes Mew's hand, lacing their fingers together, and gives him a smile. Mew gives him a tiny one back before leaning on his shoulder. 

 

A few minutes later Type's feet begin to kick out, hitting the couch with loud thumps. Gulf sets his hand on his leg to calm him down. Type whines sliding off the couch to the ground. He wiggles and whines, limbs flailing.

 

"Type buddy, what's wrong?" Gulf touches his should and Type whines louder before grabbing Gulf's leg and laying on his foot. "Breath type, It's ok." He hears Type take a few deep breathes, calming himself down, one hand in his mouth while his other arm wrapped around Gulf's leg. Gulf pulls the blanket off the couch and tucks it over Type before settling back next to Mew, lacing their fingers back.

 

 


 

 

"He seems to be adjusting very well." Dr. Eye comments as he picks Type up from therapy. She said in a way that made Gulf feel better about Type growth so far. "But we're still working on the angry part so just keep an eye on it. Remember to do calm down exercises and discuss why he might feel so angry as a way to help him work through it."

 

He'd been trying. Type could just sometimes explode but it wasn't always in anger sometimes it was in tears and sometimes he would clam up and crawl under his bed to hide.

 

"I will."

 

"How is Type adjusting to your partner?" Gulf frowns at the questions and she catches it. "Well, You've mentioned them before, and Type also mentioned that someone is staying with you guys now."

 

"Oh." Gulf says awkwardly. He's not sure why because it shouldn't be weird to talk about this with her. "Yes, Mew. He came back a few days ago."

 

"That must be nice." Dr. Eye says.

 

"Yeah, it is. Type isn't too happy about it though."

 

Dr. Eye hums. "How so?"

 

"He doesn't like Mew. I think he's afraid I'll stop loving him? He keeps throwing things at Mew and ignoring him. Throwing tantrums because Mew is near him."

 

"Yeah. You're probably right then. Type might be afraid to lose you. You are basically the first stable thing that he knows. Your safe for him and it's just been you two and now you bringing someone new in. Someone with who you've already had a relationship with. It's scary. My advice is to be patient. This is new for him and he needs time to adjust."

 

"Any tips on how to get him to be more comfortable around Mew? Or at least to not completely hate him?"

 

She chuckles softly as she shakes her head. "Take it slow and have Mew do things with Type that he enjoys. Maybe play football together. But mostly it's time he needs."

 

Gulf sighs, "Yeah I guessed as much."

 

"Let me know how it's going I can try and talk to Type if things don't look better in the next couple of weeks." Dr.Eye pats his shoulder sympathetically.

 

"Ok, Thank you." He waves as he heads down the hall to get Type.

 

"Oh and Gulf." Gulf stops to look back at her. "If you ever need to talk..."

 

"I know. Maybe soon." She nods, waving to him.

 

"Do we have to go home?" Type asks as they head out of the building. Gulf tries not to freak out at the thought that Type just called it home. It would do no good to freak out over it. He takes a deep breath but can do nothing to hide the smile.

 

"Is there something else you want to do instead?" He asks.

 

Gulf stays close to Type as they walk down the road. "No."

 

"Why don't you want to go home then?" 

 

Type frowns, lips all pouty as he looks up to Gulf with furrowed brows. "Mew is there."

 

Gulf stops at this. "I thought we were getting along with Mew?" They weren't but he was hoping.

 

Type shakes his head. "No."

 

"Why not? Why don't you like Mew?" Type just huffs, grabbing Gulf's hand to get him walking again. "Type, buddy, this is important."

 

"Mew is going to take you." Type says honestly.

 

Gulf chuckles but then stops when he sees the stiffness in Type shoulders. "Type." He tugs him to a stop, swooping him up into his arms. Type doesn't protest, he just relaxes into Gulf arms. Gulf adjust him more to his uninjured side, it really wasn't a good idea to pick up Type but he was small and Gulf wanted to. It wasn't his fault Type was just too cute sometimes even when he was being grumpy.

 

"I told you that I would be with you buddy," Gulf says. "Mew coming back isn't going to change us. You don't believe me?"

 

Type shrugs.

 

Gulf understood that want for stability in his life, Type being afraid of new people. Type not wanting things to change.  "I promised you that nothing would change and has anything change the past couple of days?"

 

"You smile at him." Type says in a small voice.

 

"I smile at you too."

 

"What if you forget about me because of Mew." Type tiny hand curls into the hair at the nape of his neck.

 

"I would never." Gulf squeezes him tighter "He won't take me away because there is enough of me for the both of you." 

 

Type huffs against him. "Won't sharing be hard?"

 

"Sharing is hard but you'll learn as you grow that sharing yourself with others makes you stronger. You see Mew makes me happy and makes me want to do better and be better. He is confident in a way that I want to imitate. But you, You are the cutest boy ever." He blows a raspberry into the boy's cheek. Type giggles at it but doesn't move away. Type likes the attention way more than he gives off.

 

"I'm not cute, Everyone says I'm strong."

 

"Oh very strong," Gulf shifts so he could poke at one of Type biceps. "But you can be cute too. You can be both cute and strong. You can also share. And allowing other people to help you is sharing a part of yourself. Like you allowing me to help you."

 

"I only want to share with you." Type yells. His possessiveness is cute.

 

"For now, that's ok. But maybe in the future, you can think about sharing with others. What if you make friends in the future?"

 

"I don't want friends." Type kicks out his feet and Gulf has to stop to keep himself balanced before gentle shushing Type. 

 

"Ok." Gulf settles as he starts walking again now that Type isn't swinging his feet anymore. "For now that's ok. Just think about it."

 

"Fine, I'll think about it."

Notes:

Thank you all for reading, sorry this chapter isn't as exciting. I hope that you all enjoyed it even with the long wait. Let me know your thoughts. Also if there is something you want to see little Type and Gulf do.

Series this work belongs to: