Actions

Work Header

such I might still have been but for you

Summary:

Georgiana tells her brother that she's proud of him.

Notes:

Because I am who I am, I have a spreadsheet where I’ve been listing every fictional couple that’s stolen my heart since approximately 2013. And now that I write fanfic, I thought: what if I did one lil drabble for each pairing? My recollection of canon for many of these is sketchy at best, but they’re only 100 words each, so.... enjoy!


This might be the first ship on the list that's not from a TV show! But it's also one of my favorite books in the entire world. I doubt the language is period-accurate, but I tried.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

"I'm proud of you, Fitzwilliam,” Georgiana says.

Darcy sets his pen aside, blinking in surprise. It is an unusual sentiment to hear from his much-younger sister, but not an unpleasant one.

"Might I ask what has prompted such a declaration?" he says slowly.

Georgiana smiles, folding her hands in her lap and gazing at him with the same adoration she has since she was too small to speak. Darcy is certain it is far more than he deserves.

"I'm proud because you are working very hard to show Miss Elizabeth all the lovely qualities that I already know you possess."

Notes:

Kudos/comments are loved and appreciated <3

Series this work belongs to: