Actions

Work Header

the five year twist of fate (a kipo and the age of wonderbeasts fic)

Chapter 13: epilogue

Summary:

the next day.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

THE NEXT DAY

 

“Are they acting weird or what?”

Kipo looked up from her food at Wolf’s question, turning her head to where everyone was looking. The whole gang, along with a lot of their mute friends in Las Vistas, were all at the opening of Benson’s Restaurant, the ‘Cat-tacular Cafe’. And the opening seemed to be a major success, with nothing but rave reviews for the food, the ambience, and Benson and Troy’s jovial attitude. 

Speaking of Benson and Troy....

Yeah, they were acting weird. Benson was always gazing at Troy like he hung the stars, but now,Troy was doing the same right back, when Benson could still see him?! And, as Kipo looked closer, they were always brushing past each other, placing hands on shoulders and arms as they passed by.

“Are they, holding hands?” Dahlia stage-whispered, and the whole table whipped their heads around to see them in the window. And yes, Dahlia was right, they were holding hands?!?!

“Okay, I’ve seen it all,” Adam said in a deadpanned voice. “I think we have all officially lost our minds. Because there’s no way we could be seeing what we’re actually seeing.”

“I don’t know guys,” Asher just said in a sing-song voice.”Maybe it is really happening…”

“Shush, tempter, you only want to be right!” Dave said loudly, glaring at Asher, who just smirked in return.

“Shh guys! They’re coming here!’ Kipo whispered loudly, and the group immediately jumped apart, looking back down at their plates. Benson and Troy, who were whispering between themselves, laughing quietly about something, walked up to their table, smiling at their friends.

“So,” Benson said excitedly. “What do you think?”

“Benson, if I could marry food, I would marry this,” Kipo spoke up first, much to the emphatic nods of Adam. “This is amazing!!”

“You have a gift, my friend,” Asher said, smiling. “Keep using it.”

“My little Benson is all grown up,” Dave sobbed out, jumping onto Benson’s shoulder. “He’s doing his own thing now!”

“Guys!” Benson said, his eyes glistening with tears. “Stop, you’re going to set me off!”

Troy just smiled, wrapping an arm around Benson’s shoulder, pulling him in for a hug. “Told you it would be great,” he whispered, getting a smile from the boy, ignoring the stares from all their friends.

“Oh!” Benson said, snapping up, as if he had just remembered. “Yeah, me and Troy talked everything out.”

“What?” Dahlia said quietly, everyone at the table looking around with wide eyes. 

“Yup,” Troy said, a radiant smile on his face. “So, I guess this is us telling you that, we’re together now?”

“Wow babe,” Benson said, rolling his eyes. “At least have some confidence behind that declaration!”

“Oh haha, leave me alone you goof,” Troy just said, leaning over to press a kiss to Benson’s temple. 

However, all this while, the table sat in dead silence. Benson and Troy shared a look, before glancing nervously back, every passing moment making them feel like they had somehow messed up. And then, all of a sudden-

“I cannot believe this!”

“Goddamnit, why now? I was a year off!”

“Screw you Asher, you had to have known something!”

“Pay up, kiddos! I won!”

Benson and Troy watched in confusion as everyone grumbled about, pulling out money from their pockets, all of it being handed to Asher, who sat there triumphantly. It was only after a few minutes of this, that Benson realised.

“Wait, you guys bet on us?”

“Well duh!” Wolf said, rolling her eyes. “What other fun could there be?”

“Wow, I can’t believe we were just a vessel for Asher to earn money,” Troy scoffed, and Asher winked at him. 

“Believe it, catboy,” they said, counting the money. 

Troy just rolled his eyes, turning to his boyfriend and pulling him in for a kiss, ignoring the catcalls from their friends.

This was what happiness felt like. 

And it had only taken them five years to get there.

Notes:

so here we are. we re finally at the end of the five year twist in fate.
first of all, im so sorry for all the delays, life just kept getting in the way and it kept piling up and up. but i finally made it!!
second of all, i may not rite kipo fics for a while, i'll see how i feel soon. rn, im gonna focus on my other fandom,s but im not done with the kipoverse just yet!!
and thirdly, thank you to everyone who is still reading. it was a bumpy ride, but we finally got to the end, and i really hope you had as much fun reading as i did writing!
SPECIAL THANKS TO ROSE, THIS STORY LITERLLY WOULDNT EXIST WITHOUT YOU BESTIE <3

okay for the last time, signing off :D

KUDOS/COMMENTS APPRECIATED
my twt: @lesbianamara
rose's twt: @WILDCITY

Notes:

hey everyone! so me and rose were talking and realised that a benroy 4-5 year unrequited love slow burn story with slight canon divergence was just too good to not have it exist, so here it is!! hopefully I'll post it over the next couple weeks, but there's a lot going on already so please bear with me!
this fic will have around 10 chapters + the prologue so, hope you enjoy! kudos/comments super appreciated!!!

my twt: @ghostboyfs
rose's twt: @WNDERBEASTS