Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Nedzu Raising Izuku!
Collections:
Awesome MHA Stories, 1Very_very_good_storys1, There are no words for this beauty, Best of BNHA, E, BaNHAmmer, unfinished, ✨I don't have a personal life✨, .🌌Thoth's Luxury Library🌌., STO My Hero Academia - not completed works, BnHA FFS, Boku no Hero Academia Fanfics, Goodsoup1543, bigbossg13’s Must Reads, Reading
Stats:
Published:
2020-10-20
Updated:
2024-03-12
Words:
143,028
Chapters:
40/?
Comments:
969
Kudos:
5,183
Bookmarks:
1,066
Hits:
177,129

Nedzu Raising a Teenager...What?

Chapter 30: Recovery

Summary:

Fluff about recovery in more ways than one.

Notes:

Hope you like it!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

From Izuku’s hospital bed, all he could see while scrolling through his highlights of the day was Stain’s speech. Someone had recorded Stain’s rundown before he was arrested and paired it with Stain’s life.

It started with Stain’s backstory of his school life, how he got rejected from hero school and summarized his vigilante actions starting with petty crime to the pro hero killings. It ended with his speech followed by a narrator reading out his ideals and motives.

And it resulted in a very viral video that news outlets were reporting on. And Izuku can’t lie the creator did some nice editing with footage they scrambled together.

Izuku watched with a blank face as everyone either praised or demeaned the hero killer. A figurehead or the beginning of a new wave of villainy.

And the hospital food was not helping to distract him even though the chicken was grilled to perfection with a nice size of rice to the side. He hoped he would get more fruit, but the meal was filling.

Shoto flicked through the television channels and passed right by any news channel that even had a mention of the hero killer. Whether it be a graphic or words at the bottom, it was immediately passed over. The bandage in his face started lifting up at the edges from how much he was moving his face.

There were bandages wrapped over Shoto’s chest where Stain had stabbed him that were similar to the ones that Iida had on his arm.

Iida was quiet as he watched the television screen when Shoto finally settled on the cooking channel where people were making illusion cakes to resemble some famous story from literature of their choosing.

Izuku got off lucky with the scrapes and slices from Stain’s blades except for when it was almost infected because of an interning nurse student messing up a bit when cleaning out his wounds.

After their lunch trays were taken away, the door swung open so fast it bounced against the wall with a loud bang. Iida’s mother’s glasses were asked as she rushed into the room to head straight over to her youngest son.

As Iida‘s mother immediately smothered him, Shoto’s family rushed in with his mother in the lead with Touya right behind her. Natsuo was right after them with Fuyumi at the very end.

“I can’t believe both of my sons are in the hospital,” Iida’s mother fretted over his friend. Iida’s face was smooshed from her hands inspecting his face. “Both of you are going to worry me to death.”

“Sorry, mom,” Iida replied but it sounded more like ‘thorry, mon’. His mother flicked his forehead in retaliation then kissed the spot which made his friend smile.

While Rei and Fuyumi were fretting over Shoto, Natsuo began asking about what to fill up a thank you basket with. Izuku laughed when Touya started to push Natsuo’s grinning face back from Shoto who was listing all sorts of snacks and peanut butter treats for the police chief.

Izuku felt his father’s presence before he saw him at the foot of his bed. “Hello, my son.” Nedzu’s eyes twinkle with mischief. “I’m assuming that you don’t need any help hiding something from the masses given the fact that the hero killer is in custody.”

“I’m afraid not, Papa,” Izuku replied, holding out his hand to grab onto his father’s paw.

“I see,” Nedzu said while gazing at the bandages around his arms. Nedzu looked away to watch Iida and Shoto and the placement of their bandages. “Are all of you alright?”

“I’m fine, Papa,” Izuku replied.

“It looks worse than it does,” Iida answered from his bed with one of his hands in his mother’s as she wiped away her tears with a tissue.

Shoto shrugged then winced. He glanced up to see his older sister watching over him. “It feels a bit tight when I move.”

“Good. I’m glad that all three of you are okay and recovering,” Nedzu smiled. He hoped up into one of the metal hospital chairs beside Izuku’s bed. He plopped down onto the cheap seat cushion.

Nedzu was acting really calm and quiet right which made Izuku squint his eyes in suspicion. He can only assume that Stain was going to get hit with something sooner or later.

Touya leaned on Shoto’s bed. “You won’t believe how fast Natsuo was driving to get here.”

“Yet he didn’t miss a single sign,” Rei praised. She looked over to Natsuo who straightened up with an innocent grin like he was doing anything mischievous while looking up dog treats on his phone. “Although his speed was a bit over the limit.”

“Hey, at least we didn’t run into any officers unlike...” Natsuo slowly turned to his younger brother who did not look amused.

Shoto looked like he wanted to raise a particularly rude finger but couldn’t because of their mother standing right by the bed.

*

After their family left, the three of them relaxed back in their beds. The family visit ended up with all of their beds pushed out from the wall more. But Izuku still pouted since both Shoto and Iida were next to each other while his bed was set up across from them.

“How is everyone else doing on their internships? Is anyone else in the hospital?” Shoto asked.

Both Iida and Shoto didn’t make a move to look at their phones since they were both charging on the nightstand between them. Izuku reaches over to his phone that was charging right by his side. He searched through the group chat to see what everyone was doing.

“It doesn’t look like anyone else got hurt like us. Tsuyu did her first real mission today where they arrested a whole ship of smugglers that they hunted down. Jirou got some pain relievers for her headaches, so most of her patrol is better now,” Izuku hummed as he scrolled through the messages from the last two days. “Kirishima is doing good, Uraraka is praising her instructor, and Momo is still writing a lot of compliments on Aunt Midnight’s work.”

“Did they get the update about us?” Iida asked, gesturing to the stark white room.

“Uh, no. Let me tell them really quick,” Izuku tapped the keyboard at a quick pace to explain what had happened to the three of them. Once he sent the text, there was immediate responses filling up the screen. Shoto and Iida’s phones dinged several times at the same time each message came in.

Izuku breathed in before slowly turning his phone on silent. “Well, they know now.”

Shoto looked down at his phone that was constantly dinging with notifications. “That’s good to know.”

Izuku shrugged. He bit down on his lip as he thought about the three of them in the same room. It reminded him of Plan R of their separate murder plans where they run away and move together under an alias of aspiring college students. “What do you think about all three of us becoming roommates after we graduate?”

“That sounds great if we can afford an apartment soon after we debut,” Iida replied.

Shoto’s interest was piqued. “Could we get a cat?”

“I have no problem with that,” Izuku smiled. “Iida, you okay with cats?”

“I could take them on my morning jogs. If I have time for my morning jogs by then,” Iida answered. He hummed, “I think that apartment idea is a good idea. Something where the three of us can relax after our patrols.”

The talk about the apartment evolves into different conversations about what kind of pet would be better or what kind of decor they would have. That was until Shoto says something about probably being single until his 30s like uncle Hisashi and Aizawa.

“You don’t think you’ll be married by 30?” Izuku asked.

“Not really,” Shoto answered with a shrug. “Do you, Tenya?”

“I’m not entirely sure. I feel like I will be more focused on my job as a pro hero to consider a relationship until I’m older than that,” Tenya replied, his gaze landed back on him. “Izuku?”

“I don’t think I could get close to marriage without dad narrowing down my options before I even decide to talk with them,” Izuku laughed a bit at his own words. Both of his friends looked at him with a tilt to their heads. “Plus, I would have to be with them a long time, so I know completely that I could trust them the same way I trust in you two.”

“Speaking of Marriage,” Iida’s eyes started to twinkle again under the lights of the hospital room. His grin stretched across his face as Shoto’s expression fell since he knew exactly where it was going. “Shoto, did you start working on it?”

The two laughed as Shoto grabbed a pillow from behind him to groan into it. Izuku swore he heard Shoto mutter something about spider rings before he started to lose his breath from his laughter.

*

The jail was not as big or intimidating as she thought it would be. The photos online presented this false image of some huge threatening building yet the only thing she could point out was the plain cream color. However, the chipping paint on the bricks didn’t hide the scuff marks and scratches behind the tall wired fence.

She walked up to the door where two guards were waiting. Fuyumi watched as one of them stepped forward. “Ma’am, you shouldn’t be here.”

“I called ahead to schedule a meeting,” Fuyumi replied. The guard backed away while the other one shifted his feet. “I wanted to visit my father, Todoroki Enji.”

Notes:

This is just some fluff. Next chapter will continue off from where I left off at end. Fuyumi finally faces down her father and finds out more.