Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Forge Fire
Stats:
Published:
2020-09-24
Updated:
2022-10-11
Words:
100,136
Chapters:
12/?
Comments:
52
Kudos:
79
Bookmarks:
18
Hits:
6,279

Forged By Lighting, Rescued By Love

Summary:

In an alternate universe, HYDRA has done a lot of personal damage to many of the heroes of Marvel. They truly are the victims of horrible trauma. They were taken as HYDRA agents by force, used as lab rats, abused, damaged, brainwashed, mind controlled, and HURT in ways that can't truly ever be fixed. Then they escaped, or were rescued, and they banded together to form a team. The Avengers are a group of ex child HYDRA agents who's mission is to one day destroy HYDRA. It’s not easy, and the life they live does not help lightning the load. Living with poverty, bulling, food insecurity, all different kinds of psychological conditions including PTSD, various disabilities and physical illnesses, and almost no family members to turn while working for cash in any way they can and dumpster diving by day and raiding secret HYDRA bases by night is hard enough, especially since they live together without ANY true adults. Adding in that none of the Avengers are 18 yet (at least in Earth years) just makes it harder... So what do they do? Well they’re gonna take down HYDRA...with their newest teammates.

Also AO3 decided that the tag limit was 75 so I HAD TO REMOVE A BUNCH OF TAGS AND NOW I’M SAD!

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

(Crossposted to my Deviantart. Series Summary: In an alternate universe, HYDRA has done a lot of personal damage to many of the heroes of Marvel. They truly are the victims of horrible trauma. They were taken as HYDRA agents by force, used as lab rats, abused, damaged, brainwashed, mind controlled, and HURT in ways that can't truly ever be fixed. Then they escaped, or were rescued, and they banded together to form a team. The Avengers are a group of ex child HYDRA agents who's mission is to one day destroy HYDRA for good. Their mission is not easy, and the life they live does not help lightning the load. Living with poverty, constantly being bullied, food insecurity, all different kinds of psychological conditions including PTSD, various disabilities and physical illnesses, and almost no family members to turn while working for cash in any way they can and dumpster diving by day and raiding secret HYDRA bases by night is hard enough, especially since they live together without ANY true adults. Adding in that none of the Avengers are 18 yet (at least in Earth years) just makes it harder. They've really only kept their hope Alive because they have each other for support, occasionally along with their mysterious advocate Mr. Coulson and the generosity of neighbors and strangers. However, the Avengers are survivors. They refuse to give up on the hope that HYDRA won't steal the futures they dream of, so they keep fighting any way they can.

Then one spring they start getting new teammates, and they gain more once summer rolls around. They definitely never imagined that they would receive allies from space! To think that everything changed the day the Avengers rescued a couple of new members during a HYDRA base raid, including a newly blinded boy who says his name is Prince Thor Odinson of Asgard. Then over a month later they rescue (and successfully recruit) Thor's brother Prince Loki Odinson, who is QUITE shocked to find out that Thor is not only blind, but is in fact ALIVE, especially considering that Thor was thought to be dead for over two years when his elder brother disappeared without a trace after his banishment ended! Thor meanwhile is shocked to learn that HYDRA had been holding Loki captive almost as long as they had held Thor, and that HYDRA had left Loki with one less leg than he had the last time he had seen him. Two weeks after Loki joins the Avengers, they rescue and recruit even MORE kids and expand the avengers even further! All of these new allies were welcome additions to the Avengers team, but when they realized that getting the Odinson brothers back to Asgard could lead to an interplanetary alliance? Well, that opened up a whole ton of new possibilities for the Avengers that could step up their small scale rebellion against HYDRA up big time! One thing is certain though, these kids are the best chance the world has of beating HYDRA once and for all.

This story will EVENTUALLY focus heavily on Thor and Loki at times so if you like the Brodinsons you're in the right place! You've just got be patient! Warning: In this story I take some creative liberties with science. This story also features characters who have debilitating permanent injuries such as characters with nerve damage, blindness, injury related deafness, or who are amputees, as well as characters with in born conditions like ADHD or learning disabilities. I mean no offense if I portray something incorrectly or something. All of the Avengers will have PTSD in this story. This is not a story for young children due to sensitive topics.)

(Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel or any Marvel Characters in any way, shape, or form)

(What's the difference between form and shape anyway?)

(Chapter Summary: Here we meet the original Avengers for the very first time, learn about their lives, and watch as they gain their first new members in nearly two years)

Forged by Lightning, Rescued by Love

Chapter 1

There was an old run down apartment building hidden away in New York City, right in the thick of Manhattan. Most people think it's abandoned. That's because no one who hadn't been inside could ever guess that people lived there. The building in fact had it's own small community... a community of teenagers.

These teenagers weren't normal kids. These kids were true survivors. Also, almost all of them were... special. Now that isn't meant to be negative. Oh no, it's not offensive at all. There's just no other word for them. All you have to do is look at the residents of the building to see that they are too unique to describe in any other way.

The teenagers in the building all had a tragic backstory behind them. At one point every single one of them had been forced into being an agent of the Nazi organization known at HYDRA. They were all escapees who managed to regain their minds and free themselves from the experimentation and servitude they were put under. Of course, there was permanent damage done to all of them. Their case files were as incredible as they were heart breaking. They should know, they secured the copies and edited them after their escape. Every File explained their Real Names, Asset names, Ages, Sexes, and notes about how HYDRA found them and what their abilities and disabilities included. The files even include their medical records and mental health evaluation results as well as any other important records they needed like licenses or social security cards. It's quite fortunate that two years ago the government was nice enough to get the original Avengers checked out once they all arrived in Manhattan post HYDRA escape before the social workers tried to separate them within the foster care system, but every one of the teens ran away because they refused to be separated, and were eventually emancipated. The original paper files were stored in a triple locked, bullet proof, waterproof, fireproof lockbox that could withstand the force of an elephant stepping on it, but every member had a secret copy of the files should any of their teammates ever need them.

File 0 - Version 1.0

Group Name: The Avengers

Original Avengers Members: Dr. Bruce Banner, Natasha Romanov, Clint Barton, Steve Rodgers, James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, Sam Wilson, James "Rhodey" Rhodes, Virginia "Pepper" Potts, Anthony Howard "Tony" Stark.

Second Wave Avengers Members (Members that were added later): Currently None.

Team Leader: Steve Rodgers

Head Quarters Building Owner: Anthony Howard "Tony" Stark

Notes: HYDRA is a terrorist organization that was originally formed by the Third Reich, otherwise known as the Nazi Empire, who's main goal is to take over and rule the world. All of the original members of the Avengers team are former HYDRA agents. HYDRA kidnapped and/or found the original Avengers members and either forced or manipulated, if not both, into joining HYDRA's ranks. After serving HYDRA for various amounts of time, the Avengers decided to break out of the HYDRA together. The Avengers were eventually able to free themselves and come together to form a team. The original members all escaped HYDRA on the same day. The NYPD recognize the Avengers as a gang due to their tendency to perform vigilante actions in pursuit of HYDRA cells hidden throughout New York City and the surrounding bureaus and because their actions are considered to be unsupervised by any legal guardians. All Avengers members are victims of illegal human experimentation, brainwashing, mind control and torture, which lead to all of them developing various types of physical disabilities and mental health disorders, with a substantial presence of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) among nearly all, if not ALL, members. The goal of the Avengers is to destroy HYDRA and avenge the fallen who were killed, or who's lives were uprooted or destroyed by HYDRA's actions as well as to rescue (and possibly recruit security wave members into the Avengers) other kids and teens like them who were forced into working for HYDRA.

Avengers Motto: If we can't protect, then we'll avenge.

Subnote: Current records of the torture methods the Avengers were subjected to while under the control of HYDRA can be found attached to the actual medical records instead of the file summary pages.

Subnote 2: Ages in all files are updated and changed at the beginning of each new year.

File 1, Version 1.0

Name: Dr. Bruce Banner.

Birthdate: December 18th

Age: 15

Sex: Male

Asset Name: The Hulk

Notes: Bruce was illegally adopted and kidnapped out of an orphanage by HYDRA agents and forcibly recruited to their cause. This kid is a natural super genius. He is so smart that he earned an illegal medical degree and two other illegal doctorate degrees that he got through online programs while in the clutches of HYDRA. He later got these doctorate degrees officially verified by the United States government after extensive tests were performed. He was subjected to Gamma Radiation experiments that caused a mutation. This mutation gives him the ability to turn into a creature with green skin known as "The Hulk", who has extreme strength and agility. There is no cure for the initial mutation, and the Hulk can be extremely dangerous when his anger is not controlled. Bruce's skin occasionally develops green patches when the Hulk is about to appear. Bruce is prone to motor tics, panic attacks, lapses in memory, and nightmares due to psychological trauma and the nature and damage of the experimentation that lead to the Hulk's initial transformation. Bruce was used as an attack force in Hulk form, a regular medical doctor for HYDRA's members, and as an unwilling researcher for HYDRA's various experiments. (Officially diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome, PTSD, a specific anxiety disorder).

File 2, Version 1.0

Name: Natasha Romanoff

Birthdate: Unknown (November 28th has been chosen for the sake of identification)

Age: 15

Sex: Female

Asset Name: The Black Widow

Note: Natasha was a transfer. She was traded by the Red Room, who initially kidnapped her as an orphaned toddler in Russia, in exchange for another asset. Natasha was and extremely skilled and deadly Russian assassin who knows hundreds of ways to kill a person with minimal effort. She can speak both Russian and English fluently. Natasha has a prosthetic vibranium foot on her left leg due to HYDRA experimentation. Natasha is on medication to combat symptoms of OCD. (Later officially diagnosed with PTSD and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder- OCD)

File 3, Version 1.0

Name: Clint Barton

Birthdate: June 18th

Age: 15

Sex: Male

Asset Name: Hawkeye

Notes: Clint was an orphan who had ran away from his orphanage to join the circus when he was a child. One day, Clint was kidnapped from the circus troupe he lived with as a kid and was forcibly recruited into HYDRA as an assassin. Clint is exceptionally talented with a bow and arrow. He was an archery based assassin, and he is known for almost NEVER missing his targets. Experimentation by HYDRA lead to the permanent loss of 80% of his hearing abilities (Later officially diagnosed as deafness). He is however, hearing aide compatible, knows sign language, and can speak perfectly fluent English. Clint also has mental health issues related to HYDRA's mind control methods. (Later officially diagnosed with PTSD, deafness, and a non-specific anxiety disorder)

File 4, Version 1.0

Subnote: This files covers two people because of the circumstances behind when they joined HYDRA.

Name1: Steve Rodgers

Name2: James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes

Birthdate1: July 4th

Birthdate2: March 10th

Age1: 116 (Physically) / 16 (Mentally and by memory)

Age2: 117 (Physically) / 17 (Mentally and by memory)

Sex1: Male

Sex2: Male

Asset Name1: Captain America

Asset Name2: The Winter Soldier

Notes: Steve and Bucky were both soldiers during World War 2. They lied about their age in order to join the army. Steve and Bucky were given a serum that gave them various physical enhancements while in the American army. Steve was formerly colorblind, but the serum cured him of this quirk. The results of a battle lead to both men being frozen alive together for nearly 70 years. They did not age during this time period. They were later located and unfrozen by HYDRA, and forcibly recruited for their cause. Bucky now has a vibranium arm while Steve has a Vibranum hand. Both prosthetics are fully functional, and bend move and bend just like regular limbs. Steve's weapon of choice is a vibranium shield, which he wields as an offensive weapon. Bucky worked as an assassin. Bucky has mental health problems due to the mind control methods HYDRA used to turn him into the Winter Soldier. He also suffers a specific phobia of being frozen alive again. Bucky, as the Winter Soldier, was forced to assassinate the parents of fellow Avengers member Tony Stark. Bucky and Steve were also forced to kidnap Tony for HYDRA. (Bucky was later officially diagnosed with PTSD, specific phobia, and a specific anxiety disorder). Steve was also a victim of mind control and also has the same phobia as Bucky, as well as other mental health problems. (Steve was later officially diagnosed with PTSD, a specific anxiety disorder, and a specific phobia).

Subnote 2: Bucky and Steve are also mentioned in File Number 8

File 5, Version 1.0

Name: Sam Wilson

Birthdate: September 23rd

Age: 16

Sex: Male

Asset Name: The Falcon

Notes: Sam was abducted by HYDRA from an airport terminal as a child when his parents were not paying attention. Sam's parents did not notice their son was missing before they boarded their flight, and they did not get to report him as such to the police because they died in a plane crash that same day. Sam was then forcibly recruited into HYDRA. Sam gained some telepathic ability to control birds due to HYDRA experimentation. Sam occasionally experiences headaches when he overuse these abilities. Sam is also able to use detachable mechanical wings that give him the ability to fly. The wing ports are permanently embedded into his back, also due to HYDRA experimentation. The ports occasionally limit his mobility and have lead to some scoliosis. Sam's main role in HYDRA was as a field agent, but sometimes his connection with birds was used for spying.(Officially diagnosed with PTSD and scoliosis)

File 6, Version 1.0

Name: James "Rhodey" Rhodes

Birthdate: October 8th

Age: 17

Sex: Male

Asset Name: War Machine

Notes: Rhodey grew up as the son of two Air Force pilots. He constantly moved with his family from place to place. He was forcibly recruited into HYDRA after agents infiltrated the military base he lived at and kidnapped him. HYDRA staged the kidnapping as an accidental death so his parents never knew he was alive. Rhodey's parents were later deployed to Afghanistan and were killed in combat. Rhodey has physical mobility problems in his legs due to HYDRA experimentation. This is mostly counteracted by leg braces. Rhodey was a HYDRA soldier who specialized in aviation and weaponry. He has a pilots license that he got officially validated after his escape from HYDRA. (Officially diagnosed with PTSD and nerve damage of the legs)

File 7, Version 1.0

Name: Virginia "Pepper" Potts

Birthdate: April 10th

Age: 14

Sex: Female

Asset Name: Rescue

Notes: Pepper has a chip implanted in her body that allows her to have minor technopathic abilities depending on the machinery she is working with. This consequently lead to her developing nerve damage in her left hand that occasionally causes twitching and tremors. A hand brace style glove does a decent job of stabilizing this problem. Pepper's role in HYDRA was the extraction and/or elimination of compromised or injured HYDRA members. She originally joined HYDRA after the rest of her family was killed in a house fire. She was left as the only survivor, but HYDRA stole her from the hospital two days later and altered her medical records to make it appear as though she also died due to complications from the fire. Pepper has good computer skills and often was forces to hack different devices for spying purposes. (Officially diagnosed with PTSD and nerve damage of the hand)

File 8, Version 1.0

Name: Anthony Howard "Tony" Stark

Birthdate: May 29th

Age: 14

Sex: Male

Asset Name: Iron Man

Notes: Tony Stark is a child genius who was orphaned after HYDRA ordered fellow Avenger Bucky to assassinate his verbally abusive and neglectful father, in a car crash incident that lead to the death of both of his parents. Bucky and fellow Avenger Steve (Who was there on orders but did not take part in the actual act of assassination, and who at the time was also under mind control) then kidnapped Tony and brought him to HYDRA, where he was forcibly recruited. Tony worked to design and build HYDRA's weapons. HYDRA cooperated with a terrorist group known as the Ten Rings in order to experiment on Tony. One such experiment lead Tony getting shrapnel put into his heart. In order to keep him alive, the Ten Rings surgically inserted an electromagnet connected to an Arc Reactor into his chest that keeps the shrapnel from killing him. Tony needs daily medication in order to counteract the potential for palladium poisoning caused by the Arc Reactor and magnet. The medicine is provided to him for free by the government. When he turns 18 years old, Tony will become eligible for heart transplant surgery. Tony is also the legal heir of the Stark Industries weapon and technology company, but currently cannot assume ownership until he turns 18 years of age. (Officially diagnosed with PTSD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder-ADHD, specific heart condition, and Palladium Poisoning.)

Yeah the start of their story was definitely tragic, but they weren't doing too badly. After the whole escape from the foster system, the whole group managed to get themselves classified as emancipated adults as long as they agreed to live together at least until everyone in their group was 18. They had no problem with this. Tony was given access to a portion of his rightful inheritance when he was discovered to be alive again, but the current CEO of his father's company wasn't letting him have more. In fact the guy was evil, and he was trying to stop Tony from legally taking ownership of the company upon his 18th birthday. Tony would have to figure out how to get him arrested one day. For now though, Tony had used the money he got to buy a used pickup truck... and the building that the Avengers lived in. The avengers used their skills, and a lot of building materials gathered from dumpster diving and scavenging the scrap yards in New Jersey to renovate the place. The actual building was a loft style apartment complex. It was actually really cool.

Tony was the main designer for the project. Tony took a couple of apartment units and turned them into the living quarters, leaving plenty of space for new potential members in his wake. He managed to make it feel like a communal living space, with all of the apartment doors converging into a common area, complete with beat up couches gathered from the side of the road and altered to fit their needs. He knocked done a few walls on some other floors and turned them into a gym area, some office space, a mechanic's garage, a couple of science labs, a nurses office where they patched up injuries after missions, and the coolest common room EVER. He also had a secret edible garden put in up on the roof, which was fully edible. They never starved with all of those fruits, roots, herbs, spices, and vegetables growing up there. Tony even managed to put a larger version of the Arc Reactor into the building in order to give them all free power that was clean for the environment. His personal favorite part however, was the firemen's pole that connected every single floor together. He even had JUST enough money to get a few laptop (and one desktop) computers put in so that everyone could go to school and get carriers one day like normal people. However, Tony realized that the outside of the building could not be renovated if they wanted to keep a low profile and conceive what money they had. Tony needed to save that money for taking down HYDRA. So the outside of the building continued to look rundown and abandoned, and Avengers spent their days finishing high school and doing odd jobs to make money when they weren't on "missions" battling against Hydra. Honestly, their budget was kinda low. The Avengers were pretty poor. They relied on trash and scavenging runs, and sometimes pawn shops, to get things they needed. They even occasionally had to dumpster dive fur food if their crops went bad or if they just ran out. They WERE teenagers after all, and teenagers ate a lot. Plus Steve and Bucky had advanced metabolisms that required them to eat way more than what a normal person would need. Sometimes there just weren't enough crops on the roof to feed the former super soldiers without leaving the rest of them hungry. So dumpsters, kindhearted employers and restaurant workers, and soup kitchens became their friends. But they needed to finish their education if they wanted to improve their lives.

So they decided to go to school. The geniuses were going to help everyone with their homework so it didn't take up too much of their time. Tony and Bruce finally managed to get themselves enrolled for the coming semester completely online at MIT after earning their GEDs last year. They even managed to get in paying completely through financial aid and scholarship money. Bruce was going to start working towards another doctorate, and Tony was double majoring in business and mechanical engineering. Everyone else was about to start their freshman year of high school in three months at a place called the SHIELD Technical Academy, or STA. They had all received free scholarships to the school from the government. They had no idea why THEY were chosen, but they weren't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. No one knew what the meaning of the name was. Since they had graduated from high school with GEDs already Tony and Bruce offered their services as paid school tutors in order to make money, AND stay connected with their friends. The other were all starting together as freshmen despite their age differences. They had plans to pilfer nearly expired cleaning products out of the janitors closet so they could clean their home, and to raid the refrigerators in the cafeteria for food that was set to expire. When the Avengers weren't getting ready for school or hunting down HYDRA cells, they worked whatever jobs the group could find, but there wasn't much they could do since most of them were still under 16. The ones that WERE at or over 16 had trouble finding legal work because of their lack of proper records or college degrees. They did whatever they could without stealing.

At least they were able to get new clothes and shoes for almost nothing when one of them worked a shift at Goodwill. Sam actually managed to score their slightly cracked, but really big, TV that way. Tony managed to link the TV to the internet by building his own super high speed WiFi router out of scavenged parts and connecting their TV to another laptop that Bucky dug out of the dumpster (which Tony then repaired) and using YouTube to entertain everyone without pirating movies. The TV even had a DVD player build in. Sometimes Bruce borrowed the free DVD movies available to take from the public library for all of them to watch when they had a night off.

Tony really could do amazing things with scavenged parts. The dumpster behind tech stores were a great place to find spare parts. He actually managed to repair a multitude of previously broken "beyond repair" cellphones and headphones and give them to his teammates. They might have been a few models behind the latest trends, but they worked. They couldn't really afford cell service plans, but they could use internet chat sights and messenger apps to text each other if they needed to, and that was all they needed. They did have an old corded phone if they REALLY needed to actually call someone. Mostly they just used the number on the corded phone as their home number for school documents and job applications.

They had to be cleaver about getting water. They couldn't really afford to pay water bills after all, so they basically stockpiled a ton of the bottled stuff so they weren't drinking out of the tap all the time. They sold the leftover empty bottles to a recycling plant in New Jersey for extra cash. This usually turned into gas money, also with whatever loose change they found on the sidewalk. They got around wasting water for showers, (and their ONE dishwasher, which had been preinstalled before they ever lived there inside Natasha's apartment) by cleverly utilizing the community bathroom. Yes their apartment building had a community bathroom system. They had no idea why it had been designed that way, but it honestly wasn't that bad. They split the different parts of the bathroom between the boys and the girls, marking them off with paint to differentiate them. Anyway, Tony managed to finagle with the plumbing guys in charge of providing water for New York City to get them to connect the apartment to a public water source, claiming that is was considered to be a public bathroom since they all shared it.

It made their lives a lot easier, even if they did wind up having to use cheap flip flops from the dollar store for shower shoes... and occasionally share shampoo.

Dumpster diving for parts wasn't always fun. When Tony needed to repair the AC or the heater when the weather was rough, it could get REALLY miserable looking for parts in dumpsters and scrap yards. However, they did what they had to do to live in New York without a stable income.

Bruce managed to get a day job at the nearest hospital. No one would let him treat the patients before he turned 18, but he was able to hoard spare medical supplies and obtain a first aid kit for the apartment this way, which was very helpful after their HYDRA hunting missions.

They didn't have a lot of money, but they were honestly pretty happy. They didn't think their lives could get any better... but one fateful mission would start the process of proving all of them wrong.

They were in a secret passage in the New York City Subway tunnels tracking down a HYDRA cell. They had heard rumors from some of the more unsavory characters that stalked the back aisles between buildings that there was potential HYDRA activity down here. The Avengers were excited to go on a mission because it had been quiet for awhile. Even Tony was here, a homemade "repulsers" on his hands and light weight jet boots on his feet. They were in a moldy smelling passageway sneaking along in the dark when they came upon a maintenance door. Steve smirked.

"I think this is it. The secret entrance is right behind this door." Steve looks at Bucky.

"Buck can you break it down?" Bucky nods and punches the door with his prosthetic arm. They all go inside and look around. The first thing they see is a long hallway lined with doors and HYDRA insignia painted on the walls. The group sneaks in. Clint turns up his hearing aides as loud as they can go. The locks were turnstile combination style. He looks back at the others.

"Let's open up the doors and look for possible victims. I can use my hearing aides to listen for clicks to pick the locks." Clint got to work on the doors. They didn't find anyone in the first few doors, but then they got to a door where they heard crying coming from the other side. Everyone's eyes widened and Clint worked faster. The moment they opened that door, their lives changed forever.

Inside the room were four people, two teenage boys, a teenage girl, and a boy who couldn't have been older than 10, all bound in handcuffs. The occupants were all battered and bruised. The girl and one of the boys were clutching each other. The young boy was sitting in the corner crying. The other teenage boy appeared to be unconscious. He looked like one of his eyes had been ripped out. The Avengers knocked on the doorframe to gain everyone's attention. The three occupants who were conscious all looked up and shrunk back against the walls. The girl looked like she hadn't fully heard the knock. The teen she clutched held her tighter. The child in the corner... well he actually jumped... and stuck to the wall. The girl finally looked at the group. She was speaking but she was also using ASL handsigns.

"Who... who ARE you!? You're not our handlers! Have we done something ELSE wrong!?" Clint responded in voice AND ASL.

"Please don't be afraid. We don't wanna hurt you. We aren't HYDRA agents... well not anymore anyway. My name is Clint Barton, but my asset name is Hawkeye. We are the Avengers. We are a group of escapees that want to destroy HYDRA and avenge it's victims. Come with us! We can help you! We can set you FREE!" The girl and the boy looked at each other. After a moment they nodded to each other then looked at the boy on the wall. The boy looked at them and slowly got off the wall. He approached the Avengers slowly.

"They... they call me Spider-Man as an asset name, but my real name is Peter Parker. I have spider powers, but they make me REALLY REALLY sensitive to the environment. I don't like loud things. I'm also pretty smart. My friends over there are Wanda Maximoff and Vision. They call Wanda Scarlet Witch. She has telepathy and magic power. Her hearing is not quite right, but she can hear SOME things. Vision doesn't have another name. He's the one clutching Wanda. He can fly and do other cool stuff. Vision is Mute, but he can hear you good. We... we don't know who the other guy is. They just threw him in here this morning, but he looks like he's been in HYDRA for awhile. I think he might be blind. He's sparky... like static electricity. Will you please help him too? He looked SOOO sad earlier before he passed out." Tony smiled and kneeled down in front of the kid.

"I'm Tony Stark. They called me Iron Man. We're gonna help all of you." Tony took out his scuffed up second hand Swiss Army knife and used it to take apart the handcuffs on Peter as carefully as possible. Pepper and Rhodey came over to them. Pepper spoke up.

"I'm Pepper Potts. My asset name is Rescue. This is our friend Rhodey. His asset name is War Machine. We're gonna take all of you home and patch up everything that's hurt ok?" Peter nodded. Sam and Natasha went over to Wanda and Vision. Natasha used ASL and spoken language.

"My name is Natasha Romanoff. Asset name Black Widow. This is my friend Sam Wilson. His asset name is the Falcon. We're gonna set you guys free and let our other friends take care of all four of you. You can stay with us. We have plenty of room at our home." Sam and Natasha broke through the cuffs on Wanda and Vision after they nodded their consent. Bruce, Steve, and Bucky went over to the unconscious boy. Bruce noticed that the boy was waking up. Bruce spoke up.

"Hey you... ummm... I don't know your name. Can you hear me?" The boy sat up with a groan. He wore a nervous expression.

"Who are you? I can't see anything and I don't recognize your voice. You're not my handler." Bruce sighed sadly.

"My name is Dr. Bruce Banner. My asset name is the Hulk, but I'm not a current HYDRA agent. In fact I'm not the only non-HYDRA person here, but there's a lot of US and not a lot of time to explain. What's your name?" The boy took a moment to consider talking before he spoke in a sad, shameful voice.

"My asset name is the Static Slayer, but my true name is Thor Odinson." Bruce raised an eyebrow even though Thor couldn't see it.

"Thor? Like the patron god of thunder from the Norse Mythology stories? Were your parents just interested in the myths... or are you saying you're ACTUALLY Thor. " Thor nodded.

"They aren't ALL myths. Some of that information is true. The people in those stories are not a fantasy. They are REAL! I am the true Thor, the prince and patron of thunder from the legends, and I really am from the realm of Asgard. Me, my parents, Asgard, my... my brother Loki," Thor looked saddened when mentioning his brother "...we all exist, though not in the exact way you imagined us and our realm. I am essentially an alien from another planet... a foreigner to your world." Thor suddenly looked embarrassed. "Sorry... I didn't mean to ramble about unnecessary information." Bruce was amazed.

"Are you kidding!? That stuff is AMAZING! I've always wanted to meet being from other worlds if they really existed! And the fact that you're Thor... man you're a living legend! When we have more time we would LOVE to hear more about you!" Thor smiled.

"Thank you. You are kind. I haven't felt such kindness in many months. Please tell me why you have come here?" Bruce was encouraged by Thor's cooperation.

"We're with a group called the Avengers. We're all essentially child soldiers...Ex-HYDRA agents who escaped and decided to come together to try to destroy HYDRA and avenge their fallen victims. We're here because we were looking for prisoners to free from a hidden HYDRA bunker we heard might be around here." Thor looked surprised.

"You... you're all like me?" Bruce responded with a determined expression.

"Yes we are. Tell me Thor, I know that you're not from our world, but to me you seem like the kind of guy who believes in justice for all, no matter what species is being mistreated. So...do you want to be free of HYDRA?" Thor sat up straighter.

"I do." Bruce kept going.

"Do you want to take down HYDRA once and for all so that they can't make any more children like us into their mutilated victims ever again?" Thor nodded seriously.

"Yes... I do. I want to eliminate HYDRA so that they cannot hurt this world or it's people ever again! I want to stop then from taking what doesn't belong to them! I want to stop them from taking innocent lives!" Bruce smirked to himself.

"That's exactly what WE, the Avengers team, want to do as well. You can help if you join our team, though we won't force you to do so. What do you say Thor, do you and your cell mates wanna get out of here and help us do all of that?" Thor put out his hands like he was trying to find where Bruce was located. Bruce put his hand in between both of Thor's. Thor looked surprised for a moment before he squeezed Bruce's hand gently with both of his and put his serious expression back on.

"I don't know about anyone else I was locked up with, but as for me...Yes... yes I do. Lead the way Dr. Bruce Banner. If you get me out of here, I promise to lend whatever aid I can give to the Avengers to defeat HYDRA forever." Steve and Bruce helped Thor stand. Bucky broke apart Thor's cuffs. Thor looked confused and turned his head towards where he assumed the new people were. Buck spoke up.

"My name is Bucky Barnes. Asset name is the Winter Soldier. I'm here to help. Thank you for agreeing to help us Thor." Steve also chimed in.

"My name is Steve Rodgers. My asset name is Captain America. I'm the team leader. Welcome to the Avengers Thor." Natasha and Sam looked at Wanda and Vision and helped them stand. Natasha spoke next.

"How about you guys? You want in?" Wanda and Vision both signed Yes. Natasha smirked. "Well then you're in. Welcome to the Avengers Wanda and Vision." Tony, Clint, and Pepper looked at Peter. Tony spoke now.

"How about you Peter? Wanna help us take down the bad guys that did this to all of you?" Peter nodded yes.

"Yeah I do Stark sir! I wanna use my powers for good! I wanna defeat HYDRA!" Tony smirked.

"Well then kid, looks like you're an Avenger now. Welcome to the team!" Peter smiled so brightly that everyone else in the room that could see it couldn't help but smile with him. Steve spoke up again.

"We need to get out of here before we get caught. Let's evacuate the premises and get our new teammates back to HQ for medical treatment." The other original Avengers agreed. They all moved to help assist the now freed prisoners out of the bloody cell and down the hall. Bucky just held Peter on his hip with his prosthetic arm. They were almost back at the entrance when an album sounded and the door began to close. Sam let out a shout.

"STEVE THE DOOR!" Steve used his prosthetic hand to throw his shield and jam it in the opening between the door and the door frame. He then addressed everyone else.

"LET'S MOVE! ON THE DOUBLE!" The entire group began running for the door. Peter clutched Bucky tightly. Wanda's eyes started to glow red. Vision remained stoic but ran faster. Thor actually looked scared. He was afraid he would trip and fall because he couldn't see where he was going. Bruce noticed and realized why.

"Don't think about tripping Thor! Just run as fast as you can! I've got you right here! If you fall we'll catch you! Trust me!" Thor gulped and nodded his consent. They all made it to the door. Steve ducked under his shield and held the door open further. Everyone rushed through just before the HYDRA agents showed up and started shooting. The Avengers, both original and new, all ran without looking back. They eventually reached a ladder for a manhole cover. Sam flew up and popped it open.

"Everyone climb up!" Peter climbed onto Bucky's back and let Bucky climb for him. Everyone but Bruce, Thor, Wanda, and Vision climbed up after Bucky. Wanda spoke to Thor very loudly because she didn't know what her volume was at the moment.

"Hey Thor, my name is Wanda Maximoff. Asset name Scarlet Witch. Next to me is Vision. We were both in that cell with you, along with one other kid, before the Avengers rescued us. Vision would like to use his powers to fly you up the ladder so you don't need to climb." Thor flinched upon hearing distant gunshots, but still spoke to Wanda.

"I'll let him do it. Please hurry." Vision put an arm around Thor's waist. Thor managed to fumble with his hands until they were around Visions shoulders. Vision flew Thor up to the man hole then handed him up to Natasha and Pepper before flying through the hole himself. The two girls worked together to pull Thor up, then introduced themselves while waiting for Wanda and Bruce to Climb up. Clint notched an arrow and shot it through the hole before flipping the cover back over it. There was a small explosion underground. Once the sound stopped Clint released a breath.

"That arrow should have collapsed the tunnel after us. The Agents won't be able to get through for hours. We'll be long gone by then. Make sure none is us were bugged with tracking devices before we go back to HQ. Don't need HYDRA finding our base." Natasha made sure no one had a tracker on them. Tony then started walking.

"Come on. We gotta find the truck. Sam, you're driving this time. Natasha, call the cops and tip them off about this HYDRA cell location. Use the pay phone over there. I've only got 75 cents you can use so make it quick." Everyone started walking towards the pay phone. Thor spoke up with a nervous tone of voice.

"E-Excuse me... but I don't know where we are. I am not familiar with your planet's geography, and I don't know what state this is, or what country. I can hear a lot of noise, so I'm assuming we're in a city, but I don't know WHAT city this is. Can someone please tell me?" Pepper spoke up.

"We're in New York City, in the state of New York, located along the east coast of the United States of America. It's a very well known city in our world. We've all lived in this city for two years now, ever since we escaped HYDRA. We own a building not too far from here." Wanda and Vision started walking hand in hand. Steve noticed.

"Are you two dating?" Wanda smiled sadly at Steve.

"We are essentially. We were mission partners first though. We got put together right after we got out of experimentation labs. A few months later we were joined by Peter. My guess is that Thor was supposed to be our fourth member. We were due for a new one. Our fourth member WAS my brother Pietro but... he didn't survive our last mission." The others have looks of empathy and decided not to comment out of respect. They already knew enough. Peter looked excited.

"We're in New York!? Can we go to Queens!? We may be able to find my Uncle and Aunt there!" The group looked surprised and hopeful. Tony looked directly at Peter.

"Peter, we can't do it tonight, but I promise you that first thing tomorrow we will check the police records for a missing children's report on you and find out where your family is. If we can get you back home then we will! I PROMISE Peter!" Peter beamed again.

"Thank you ! Thank you so much!" Natasha put the coins Tony passed her into the phone booth and made the call to the police. Peter hoped down off of Bucky's shoulders and went over to Thor.

"Hi . I'm Peter Parker. My asset name is Spider-Man. I'm 10 years old! I was the other person in that cell with you, Miss Wanda, and Mr. Vision." Thor couldn't help but smile even as his eyes stared ahead at nothing.

"Hello Peter. It's nice to meet you." Peter and Thor shook hands.

"I'm sorry about your eyes . It's sad, but I think that now that we're free from HYDRA that we have a chance to be happy with our new friends!" Thor's smile widened.

"It's alright Peter. You know, I think you're right. We DO have a chance to be happy now... with our brand new teammates. Though I don't know how I'm going to fight HYDRA if I'm disabled." Sam scoffed.

"Please, ALL of us are disabled. I have metal wing ports permanently inserted into my back that limits my movements and gave me scoliosis. Bruce has Tourette's syndrome, plus he transforms into another creature called the Hulk. Natasha, Steve, and Bucky all have prosthetic limbs or parts of limbs. Natasha also has OCD Rhodey can't walk straight without leg braces. Tony has a heart condition and Palladium poisoning, PLUS ADHD, which is a mental disability to some people. Clint is mostly Deaf. Pepper has nerve damage issues in her hand. Wanda and vision have hearing and speech problems. Peter has sensory issues. If we can all get around THAT, then I think that we can figure out how to get you to fight with blindness." Tony chimed in.

"I can build you a bionic eye to replace the missing one. It probably won't fix your sight problem fully, but it may at least help you out somewhat." Thor smiled wider.

"Oh my friends, thank you so much! For so long I thought that there was nothing I could do to get away and fight back against HYDRA, but all of you have provided me with a second chance! You've given me back my hope again! I can't wait to get started!" Natasha finished her phone call and came back to the group.

"The call is in. The police will be raiding the HYDRA base in 15 minutes. Let's clear out." Peter gently tugged Thor's hand.

"I'll help you walk around without bumping into things ! Just keep holding my hand!" Thor chuckled.

"Thank you Peter. I trust you." The group kept walking until they were in an underground parking garage. Soon a beat up navy blue pickup truck came into view. Tony unlocked the truck and tossed the keys to Sam. He then looked at the others.

"Alright new people listen up! We have a system in place. The seats inside the passenger portion of the truck are on a first come first serve basis. Whoever doesn't get a passenger seat gets to sit in the bed of the truck. However I want Peter in an actual passenger seat. He looks way too young to be riding in the truck bed without a seatbelt. We could get in trouble with the cops if they catch him in a truck while not wearing one." The others laughed when Peter ran to the truck enthusiastically calling "SHOTGUN" with Thor in tow. Thor started freaking out thinking that someone was about to shoot them, until Clint explained that Peter was laying claim to the passenger seat that was up front next to the seat meant for the driver. However, Tony truck actually had three seats in the front instead of two, because the seats were in a 70s bench style, so Peter happily hopped in the middle seat. Thor was given the other front passenger seat because Peter thought it might scare Thor if he sat in the truck bed without a seatbelt there to stop him from thinking he might fall out since he couldn't see anything. Tony grumbled and said that one of these days he was going to install seatbelts in the truck bed because they had too many people to transport now. Clint, Bruce, and Pepper wound you in the three back seats. Natasha, Wanda, Vision, Rhodey, and Tony were in the bed of the truck. Tony pretended to complain about being in the truck bed when he owned the truck, but everyone else knew that Tony rode in the Truck bed on purpose because he loved how free he felt back there with the wind blowing in his face. The drive wasn't long, but it provided an amazing view of the City. Peter was trying to describe everything they were passing in explicit detail so Thor could form a mental picture of his surroundings. If actually cheered him up a bit. Soon they pulled up to the Avengers apartment building and parked the truck in the adjacent garage. Everyone unloaded from the truck. The newbies stood around in confusion, unsure what was going on. Steve spoke next.

"Alright everyone! Welcome to our headquarters! This is where we avengers live and train. We don't have a lot of money, the heater is constantly breaking down, almost everything we own and the parts for everything we have built were obtained through charity, pawn shop trades, dumpster diving, or scrap yard raids, and the building has a community bathroom setup, but we own the whole place, so there's complete privacy. There are also no adults. We live here completely alone as fully emancipated citizens of New York! We also have our own electricity and Wifi. It's honestly a pretty cool place once you get used to it, and we all work together to maintain our lifestyle in relative comfort. Now, if you're gonna be Avengers, then all of you are gonna receive your own rooms. Now apartments are all in loft style. They each include anywhere from 1 to 3 lofted bedrooms, a sitting area, and a kitchen. The lofts have sliding barn yard style doors and patch work curtains over the banisters that can be closed for privacy in the multi bedroom units. The apartments all have their front doors connected to our common room, which is further connected to the bathroom and the stairs to the other floors of the building. The common room includes a community kitchen for nights when we all feel like eating a meal together as a team. The bathroom has a boys side and a girls side. Boys and girls should not cross sides for privacy reasons. A lot of us have to share things like soap or shampoo sometimes, so please don't use too much at once. For now we're gonna let Bruce give you guys some first aid. You all look a little worse for ware and it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to injuries inflicted by HYDRA. Once that's done we'll get your guys settled into your apartments. You can choose if you want to share a space, leave room for a possible future roommate, or if you want a unit all to yourself. After that we're going to make dinner for everyone, then we'll talk about what's going to happen in the next few days. We won't go into detail because you guys are probably COMPLETELY exhausted, but we'll cover the most important things tonight. Oh right the apartments. There is currently shared space available in Tony and Pepper's apartment. They are in a three bedroom unit with one vacant room. The other apartments are fully booked. Bruce, Natasha, and Clint have single bedroom apartments for themselves without any extra space. Rhodey and Sam share a two bedroom apartment. Bucky and I also have single apartments, but we installed an extra door in our apartment that connects our sitting rooms together, essentially making one big unit. We can do that for anyone that wants it. Can someone please help Thor choose which loft he wants? I don't know how well he can choose an apartment without being able to see his opinions." Thor spoke up.

"Actually, I think the best option for me would be a two or a three bedroom apartment. I want to keep it for myself for now... but there are some very important people I would like to find, and I would like for them to be able to visit, if no one minds. I understand if that's not likely to happen, or if you need the space for other people." Tony spoke up.

"Nah I get it! Thor buddy, we have PLENTY of space. Tell you what, we have a two bedroom apartment available, but the rooms have two beds in each. The second beds in each room are Murphy bed style. Basically, they can be folded over and stored inside the cabinets mounted to the walls for extra space when they're not being used. There's also a trundle bed built inside the sofa that can fit an additional guest or two. Tony made that one himself. He was bored and decided to experiment with some furniture he found on the side of the road. This way you can keep your floor space if you can't find everyone you're looking for. Is that ok?" Thor looked ecstatic.

"That's perfect! Thank you so much... whichever one you are." Tony blinked.

"You're welcome. Oh by the way, I'm Tony Stark. My asset name is Iron Man." Thor smiled.

"Thank you. I will try to remember your voice so I can recognize you in the future." Pepper suddenly got a weird look on her face.

"Guys if we can't find his family and it turns out thar Peter DOES need to live here, then I don't know if Peter should have a whole apartment to himself. I mean he's still a child." Clint interjected.

"So are almost all of us technically Pepper." Pepper shook her head.

"Yeah Clint but we're all emancipated. Peter is WAY too young to be living completely independently. I think he should share with someone." Tony spoke up.

"Why not with us then Pep? We have an extra room in our place, and this way he would have not one, but TWO of us supervising him. Plus he'll still get his own actual ROOM you know? We can always link the common room to the empty three bedroom apartment next to ours like Steve and Bucky have theirs if Peter wants an individual space when he's older." Peter gasped and started jumping up and down in excitement.

"Oh oh Miss Pepper PLEEEEAAAASSEE let me stay with you!? I'll be good and do all my chores and go to bed on time and everything! Pretty please!?" Pepper giggled.

"Alright alright! It's ok Peter, you can take our third bedroom for yourself." Peter squealed in delight.

"Thank you Thank you Thank you! This is gonna be AWESOME!" Rhodey spoke next.

"Well that's two out of four people sorted. We just need Wanda and Vision sorted." Wanda spoke and signed at the same time again.

"Is there a single bedroom apartment with two beds? Vision and I want to stay together, but we don't want separate rooms." Rhodey nodded.

"Yeah there's a single bedroom unit with an extra Murphy bed like the ones in Thor's place. That should work right?" Wanda smiled.

"Yes! Thank you! Vision says thank you too!" Vision nodded and smiled. Bruce spoke up now.

"How do you know what Vision is thinking when he doesn't use ASL?" Wanda raised her hand. A red mist spilled out.

"I have magic. It gives me a lot of abilities, including the ability to telepathically communicate. It's easier with Vision than some other people because of the nature of his own powers. I can send mental messages to Peter too. It's pretty useful!" Peter smiles and nods.

"Yeah! Wanda's Magic is super cool! " Steve smiles and speaks up again.

"Well now that the apartments are sorted, it's time to patch you guys up! Rhodey, would you mind going to the corner store and seeing if you can score a pack of those discount toothbrushes and toothpaste? I think we have enough floss around here so you shouldn't need any of that. Some deodorant and hairbrushes too. The rest of you please either clean up the apartments, start dinner, or search through your drawers for some clothes that you don't want anymore for our new teammates. We can expand their closets later. For now they just need something for tonight and tomorrow." All of the original Avengers ran off to do what they were tasked with. Bruce waved to the new avengers again.

"The rest of you follow me please. We have a makeshift nurses office where we treat our mission injuries. Believe it or not, I'm a REAL medical doctor. I'm what you would call child prodigy. I earned my medical degree under HYDRA. I also have two other doctorates. I'm actually gonna go for a fourth doctorate pretty soon! Anyway, come this way." They followed him, Wanda guiding Thor. The new Avengers who could see were amazed at the structure of the building as the walked through everything. They were especially impressed with the mural of New York City (Steve painted that out of whatever paint he could scrounge up. He also had landscape designs decorating all the apartment doors.) that covered the common room walls. Well, everyone except a certain Asgardian. Thor sighed.

"I wish I could see this for myself. It sounds beautiful, but I have no way to enjoy it." Wanda squeezed his hand.

"Don't worry Thor. Even if you can't see, we will find a way to help you interact with the world, starting with teaching you to read in braille." Thor cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"Did you just say READ? As in you think that I actually CAN without functioning eyes?" Bruce interjected.

"Braille doesn't use your eyes. It uses a system of bumps and lines printed on special paper. You use Braille by feeling the texture of the bumps and lines of the paper with your fingers. The lines and bumps represent letters and words. I've heard you can write with this system too. Teaching Thor Braille is a really good idea Wanda! It can help him learn more about our world! We might even be able to get free books from the American printing house for the blind!" Wanda addressed Bruce's thanks while Thor just kept a surprised expression on his face.

"My brother Loki loves to read. He was always telling me that I had a bright mind and could do great things if I just applied myself. Maybe now I still have a chance to do that. Maybe I can contribute something useful to this team after all!" The others smiled and encouraged Thor as they entered the nurses office.

Two and a half hours later and the new Avengers were bandaged, groomed, and in clean clothes. All of the beds in their new apartments had a random hodgepodge of mismatched sheets, pillows, and blankets, and were ready to be lived in now. Rhodey did very well at the store. The owner was compassionate to the Avengers because they were all polite and kind hearted kids who once saved him from getting robbed. The own heard that they got four new members and gave Rhodey the supples they needed at no charge, throwing in four pairs of shower shoes at no additional charge. Rhodey didn't want to feel like he was taking advantage of the shop owner, so he bought a four pack of those loupha bath sponges for the new avengers to shower with, and some blueberry scented kids shampoo for Peter. After learning about the blinded Asgardian Prince, the store owner also convinced Rhodey to buy an eye patch and some cheep sunglasses for Thor at a discounted price. Thor was very grateful for this and placed it over his currently dressed and packed empty eye socket. It was determined that Thor was initially blinded in both eyes during an experiment by snake venom that supposedly had magical properties, but that his now missing eye was removed because it had sustained too much damage. It had been melted through. The other eye had no chance of naturally healing, but was intact enough to keep. Thor had told his story about how HYDRA found him first.

"I was banished to your planet Earth because my father Odin was punishing me for making a reckless mistake and nearly staring a war with another realm. At the time we also discovered that my brother Loki had been adopted FROM that realm. Asgard is racist towards Loki's birth realm. Loki had a major identity crisis and wound up killing his biological father, sending a metal monster known as the destroyer to kill me, and attempting to use the bifrost to destroy his birth planet at some point. While I was on Earth I learned about patience and compassion by my new friends Darcy Lewis and Jane Foster. They were students at a boarding school in a place called New Mexico. They helped me realize what I had done wrong and helped me to become a better person. At the time my powers had been locked away due to a spell that my father placed on Mjölnir, which is my hammer. Because of the lessons taught to me by Darcy and Jane I regained my powers. Once I did my Asgardian friends came and told me that Loki was being punished for his actions. They said he was regretful of his actions and that he wanted to see me one more time and apologize for his actions against me before he was sent to prison. I told them I would come home the next day after trying to help clean up the damage done to that town in New Mexico that the destroyer wrecked, However, after saying goodbye to Jane and Darcy and getting lost while trying to relocate the bifrost sight my asgardian friends arrived at the previous day, I was knocked unconscious. Apparently I was kidnapped. I believe that my hammer was buried in the dessert back in New Mexico or something because no one could move it. Otherwise they would have utilized it on me. Anyway, I lost all sense of awareness as the were dragging me into a vehicle of some sort. The next thing I knew I was waking up strapped down to a lab table with most of my hair cut off getting tortured by scientists experimenting on me. HYDRA mostly used my electrical powers for infiltration. They made me short circuit or turn on various forms of technology so they could break into places and steal information. Sometimes they used their mind control to make me torment or kill people. This went on for two years. I hated every second of it. The only consolation was that I became very good at sensing the electrical signals that run through everything. Recently I managed to break the mind control after an unexpected surge in my power. They put me back in the experimentation labs right after that. I don't know why they did what they did to my eyes, but I can tell you that it hurt like he11." Thor had taken another sip from the slightly chipped mug of tea he was drinking while Tony asked him if he wanted to try to go back to his family in Asgard. Thor shook his head.

"I miss my home and family, but I am unable to return to them, otherwise I would have been rescued FAR sooner than I was. HYDRA must have managed to hide my location from the eyes of Heimdall somehow. Heimdall is the guardian of the bifrost, which is a magical bridge that we usually use to travel between realms. Whatever is doing this probably can't be lifted until I return to Asgard, which I can't do without someone from Asgard tracking me down first. It's possible that they think I simply died. I feel terrible about not being able to reconcile with my brother. We have a complicated relationship, but I know that we love each other dearly. I miss him so much. I wish I could tell him that I'm alive, but if I do then I will have to admit that I am now permanently blind. He may very well blame himself since he had a small part in accidentally causing my banishment, which eventually lead to my capture by HYDRA. The thought of his sadness and guilt breaks my heart. All I can really do though is hope that I'll find a way back to him some day, if he doesn't find me first. For now, I would like to find my friends from New Mexico, Darcy and Jane. I promised them I would visit, but I have been unable to because of HYDRA. I hope they will be able to visit me here in New York some day. They were always very accepting of me. I trust them not to think of me differently now that I can't see." Peter went next.

"I was kidnapped right after my parents died. They were killed in a plane crash that I somehow survived. HYDRA pulled me from the records. I got bit by a radioactive spider during the experiments. It wasn't fun. I was a HYDRA agent for two years. HYDRA used me in the field a lot. On the last mission they wanted me to do... SOMETHING bad. I didn't want to do it, but they made me do it anyway. I tried to say no, but apparently they were mad about that so they locked us all up in cell, and Pietro died. I wanna do things differently now." Wanda spoke for both her and Vision.

"I was kidnapped and manipulated into joining HYDRA with my brother Pietro after our hometown was destroyed in war. We were agents for a total of 4 years, Vision for 3. The scientists messed with my ears so that certain frequencies are inaudible for me to detect. Pietro actually lost his sense of taste and smell. HYDRA convinced my brother and I that the blame was on Stark Industries, who had manufactured the weapons used in the attack on our town in Sokovia that killed our parents, and they tasked us with bringing Stark Industries down. Peter didn't have this goal, but he was put on our team because he was easy to work with. HYDRA used us for a lot of combat combat missions. Peter joined us a year after Vision did. Peter has super strength and a strange sort of 6th sense that alerts him to danger, so he was our muscle, and our lookout. My brother's asset name was Quicksilver. He had superhuman speed. Vision... Vision is basically a cyborg, but he is a cyborg with no vocal cords. His powers allow him to maintain a human appearance, but what you see now isn't what he actually looks like. He was artificially created during an experiment using a combination of a relic they found called the mind stone and an old Artificial intelligence program created by Tony while he was still working for HYDRA. I think you called the AI unit JARVIS?" Thor interjected.

"I think my lightning may have also been used in Vision's creation, but I can barely remember it." Wanda looked sadly at Tony.

"Tony, I am SO sorry. I swear that I didn't realize until later that none of it was your fault. Viz and I were in that holding cell because we, along with Pietro and Peter, disobeyed orders on our last mission, which resulted in Pietro's death. We actually tried to run away, but they caught and kidnapped all of us again. Well I guess that was the first time for Vision. Anyway, once we were recaptured were were told that we were set to be reprogrammed along with Peter within a new four person team. Again, Thor was probably meant as the fourth member. I think they wanted him to connect to us while we were all completely lucid before using their brain washing methods to make us into the perfect mission squad. I'm glad you all saved up before that happened. We don't want to be in HYDRA anymore. We want to HELP people now, not hurt them. You've all given us a chance to do that. Thank you." All of the information stated was being recorded so that they could us it to edit the new Avengers' files tomorrow. While dinner was being served the group continued to talk. Natasha decided to explain the diagnostic analyzation process that would happen tomorrow.

"When we were all found after our escape from HYDRA, we were brought to a government facility that created our legal medical and citizenship records for us so we could legally live in New York. The facility doesn't have an official name, so we just call it 'the compound'. They're government sanctioned, but they're dedicated to protecting child soldiers like us. This facility also conducted physical and mental health evaluations on all of us the day we were brought in. They managed all of the lawyer stuff so we could live independently with no guardians. They even gave us our open carry weapon and firearm licenses so we could keep our guns and things. We had to sign ALOT of paperwork, but it was totally worth it. They even gave all of us our various physical and mental illness diagnoses too. The director of the facility, Philip Coulson, also provides Tony's heart medication and Natasha's OCD medication to us free of charge. The reason we're telling you about this place is because we need to bring you four there tomorrow for evaluation. They'll get you guys all sorted out so you can start getting the help you need for your disabilities. They can get hearing aides for Wanda, books that can teach Braille to Thor, and noise canceling headphones and sunglasses for Peter, as well as help us to possibly locate his family. They might be able to teach Vision an extra method of communication as well. I know it's a frightening thought to just trust the doctors and staff at the facility after everything HYDRA did to you, but these aren't the bad guys. Besides, if any of them try to hurt you, we'll be there to put them in their places, and to keep you all safe. We promise." The new avengers admitted that they were nervous, especially Thor, but they agreed to try it because they wanted to take this chance to get their lives back. Pepper decided to talk about school.

"We recently decided as a group that those of us that haven't already are going to try to finish high school. Tony and Bruce already earned their GEDs, and Bruce has college degrees already, so they don't need to go to high school. Instead they're going to college, and they're going to tutor students at our new high school for money, and so we can all interact with kids in our own age group. We want to be able to have successful carriers so we can make money and do something useful with our lives one day, but to do that we need to get educations. Hence why we are going to high school. The school we are going to is a combination middle and high school facility that accommodates students with physical and/or mental disabilities. It's called SHIELD Technical Academy. It's one of those schools that lets the students focus on a specific area of study to better prepare them for college. Those of us attending as students are starting as high school freshmen. If we get you guys into our school, the staff and the teachers may be able to help you guys learn how to adjust to living in the normal world with mental health conditions and disabilities. They might send you some of your school supplies early so you can catch up on what you need before school starts in autumn, which would really help us all out. We could even try to get Peter into the middle school if he can pass whatever tests the school needs to give to determine if he is eligible to start at the sixth grade level. That way he could still have daily contact with us even if he finds his family and goes to live with them again." The four new Avengers looked excited. They readily agreed to try to enter the school with the rest of the group. The rest of the time was spent learning the rules of community apartment living. After dinner everyone was told to go to bed by Steve and were guided over to their new rooms/apartments. They were all a little worried about how Thor would navigate his apartment without seeing anything, but he just told them all that he would probably be fine and would find someone if he needed help. Even so, Bruce crashed on Thor's sofa out of concern. Everyone was exhausted, and miraculously managed to sleep through the rest of the night.

The next morning was rather chaotic. Everyone (except Clint and Wanda, who couldn't fully hear what was happening at that moment) woke up to the sound of an old fireman's alarm bell. Thor actually fell out of bed from the shock of the sound and had to be helped up from the floor by Bruce. They decided to just not tell anyone it had happened, for now. After that Natasha and Vision woke up Clint and Wanda, and everyone in the Avengers apartments except Tony rushed to the common room. Wanda spoke first, confusion and alarm clearly evident in her voice and her handsigns.

"What's going on!? Vision said that there was a fire alarm or something!?" Wanda was given a low chuckle from Bucky as a response.

"That bell that was just ringing is not the fire alarm, but it's made from an old fireman's bell. The actual legal fire alarm has flashing lights accompanying it to accommodate people who can't hear it. To answer Vision's question, THAT was our morning wake up call! Tony put that in so we could all wake up at the same time on days when we have important stuff to do. You should get use to it because that's probably gonna be our alarm clock for school once Tony reprograms that timer making it ring." Peter rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"Why did ya ring the bell then? Is there an important thing?" Steve smiled and spoke up.

"Well we have to get you newbies to evaluations today, so that's important, but also, I made PANCAKES! BREAKFAST IS READY EVERYONE!" Everybody perked up at the mention of food. While everyone was getting in one to be served their pancakes by Steve, who insisted on handing out the plates out of politeness, Tony finally walked in just as he was putting his cellphone back in his pocket with a mug of coffee already in hand. Sam noticed this and decided to ask him about it.

"Well you're already busy this morning Tony! What's up? Were you messaging Coulson?" Tony sipped his coffee as he grabbed his plate from Steve and made his way to one of the couch's before responding.

"Yeah I was. I told him how we rescued four new Avengers from HYDRA last night and set up the evaluation appointments for today. We've got three hours to get there before we're late. You know Coulson. He HATES when we're late, so we better get going quickly. Everyone should eat and shower quickly. Oh yeah, the shower rules are as follows. The showers are available at a first come first serve basis with a few notable exceptions. We're gonna give you newbies first dibs on the showers this morning because you're all still technically injured and because it's your first morning at HQ. There are bottles of shampoo and soap and stuff already in each stall. Remember not to hog it because we're sharing it. Peter was treated with children's shampoo because Rhodey wanted him to have it. It's partly a test of his senses. Do not use Peter's shampoo without his permission. The girls have their shower stalls marked off by pink and purple shower curtains. Boys stalls have blue and green curtains. The same thing applies with the paint on the stall doors for the toilets. Don't break the system unless you're really desperate enough to incur the wrath of Natasha. Breaking the system seriously agitates her obsessive compulsive disorder tendencies. Don't pull too hard on the curtains because none of the curtain hooks match and the material is super cheep. We don't wanna rip them. The shower stalls themselves are double curtained. The first curtain blocks off an area where you can stash and change into your clothes while washing. The shower itself is behind the second curtain further back in the stall. There's a plastic chair for Rhodey in one specific shower because it's easier on his legs if he sits. Rhodey always gets dibs on that shower first, and that chair is NOT to be moved. Wanda, the same goes for one of the three girls showers for Natasha so she can remove her prosthetic if she wants, just so you know. The towels are all in the bathroom closet. Keep track of the towel you use because we only wash the towels once a week and we have a limited supply. You'll usually have to reuse your towels for a few days. Now we have a couple of repurposed dressers in the bathroom that we use as bathroom drawers. Sam assigned bathroom drawers to each of you. Inside you'll find your hygiene stuff and your shower shoes and sponges. They aren't labeled yet so you're gonna have to just memorize where they are for now. Um Sam where's Thor's drawer? He can't exactly see the difference between them." Sam swallowed a bite of his pancakes before responding.

"We can get to Peter's, Wanda's and Vision's drawers later. Thor your drawer is on the top right hand side of the very last set of dressers. Natasha tied a bandanna to the handle so you can feel where it is with your hands." Thor thanked Natasha before Sam continued where he left off.

"We use loupha sponges because we don't want to risk people getting sick from sharing traditional washcloths with each other. It sounds weird, but it's important. Do not share your sponge, your shaving razors, or your shower shoes with anyone. Period. Try to shower quickly so that everyone gets hot water to use. Anyone not showering first can do whatever the need to do at the sinks to safe time. Also, don't hog the sinks when brushing your teeth and stuff. We'll talk about cleaning and chores for the bathroom another day, so I think that's all for now. We should hurry up and finish breakfast quickly so we all have time to get ready. The facility is a 15 minute drive AT LEAST on a good day of traffic, but this is New York City, so traffic usually sucks. Also, whoever finishes their food first helps Steve wash the dishes. Let's get moving people!" Everyone eventually lost themselves in their breakfast. Thor was practically IN LOVE with the pancakes, claiming that they were his second favorite earth food after pop tarts. He was a little clumsy eating though. Vision wound up helping with dishes, with Clint supporting him so that he didn't overwork his injuries. The bathroom was soon a chaotic mess of people getting ready for the day. Bruce wound up teaching Thor how everything worked since the Asgardian was from another planet, couldn't see what he was doing, and didn't really remember much about the hygiene standards of HYDRA while under mind control. Thor wound up getting through showering and getting ready for the day just fine after a few clumsy fumbles, though he did trip over the edge of the shower stale frame, twice, and bump into the walls three times. Before anyone knew it they were loading up into the pick up truck with Bucky behind the wheel. The drive to the facility was uneventful. Once the group walked inside the front doors of the very cliche looking Manhattan office building Clint spotted a man in a suit and ran over with excitement.

"Mr. Coulson Mr. Coulson! It's so good to meet up with you again!" Coulson shook Clint's had with a confused smile.

"Really? Just meet up with me? What is my face not cool enough to make you wanna SEE me too?" Clint frowned.

"Sorry Mr. Coulson, but I'm trying not to make our new friend Thor feel bad. He's uh... well he's completely blind sir. I didn't wanna offend him by saying 'see' in front of him while he can't do that, you know?" Coulson looked sadly.

"I understand Clint. It's ok. I didn't mean to be offensive either. Now why don't you introduce me to your friends? Maybe Thor first?" Thor, who was wearing his sunglasses AND eyepatch today, stumbled over to where he heard Coulson's voice coming from.

"That would be me sir. My name is Thor Odinson. Thank you for taking the time to help me and my new friends. Also, I have no problem with other people using words to describe sight. I understand that it's just a part of regular speech. I apologize for how complicated my legal situation is going to be considering that I'm not exactly from around here, if you know what I mean." Coulson and Thor shook hands.

"The complications don't matter Thor. What matters is that you're a victim of HYDRA who needs our help, and we're going to give it to you. We can't help you return to your planet, but we can make your life while you're on Earth more bearable. We're here for all of you kids." Rhodey spoke up enthusiastically.

"Mr. Coulson guess what!? We're gonna go to school! Before last night's mission added four new members, we got accepted at SHIELD Technical Academy! Tony and Bruce are gonna act as tutors so they can still interact with us, and we can connect with other kids around our age! We were wondering if you could help our new members get into the school too?" Coulson looked extremely pleased, almost overly so, upon hearing Rhodey say the name of the school.

"Rhodey that's great! You're going to love it at your school! That's actually where I went to school, so I know from experience. Now I still need to meet Wanda, Vision, and Peter, then we can get started." Wanda and Vision walked over with their elbows interlocked.

"I'm Wanda. This is Vision. Vision says it's nice to meet you. So do I." Coulson shook both of their hands.

"It's nice to meet you both as well. We're gonna get all of you taken care of very soon. Now I REALLY need to speak with young Peter Parker. You see, someone is here to see him!" The Avengers all gasped in shock. Peter bounded over to Coulson quickly.

"Mr. Coulson I'm Peter! Who's here to see me sir!?" Coulson simply smiled and walked to a door, waving all the teenagers over to him. The others all followed him through it. Peter trailed behind the group, but once he crossed the threshold and spotted a kind looking woman with long hair he shouted out in shock and excitement.

"AUNT MAY!?" The women whipped her head over to look at Peter with a gasp. Tears rolled down her face as she and Peter ran to each other. May Parker cried for joy has she hugged Peter and buried her hand in his hair.

"PETER! OH YOU BEAUTIFUL PRECIOUS BOY! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH THESE LONG YEARS WHEN YOU WERE GONE! I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE OK! I LOVE YOU PETER! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Literally everyone in the room, including the Avengers and the plethora or random people who worked at the facility milling about, were clapping and cheering at the reunion scene they were witnessing. Even Thor joined in on the cheering, happy to hear that young Peter was able to find his family again. Peter looked over at Tony.

"Mr. Stark look! You found my family! It's just like you promised to try to do! You did it ! Thank you! I'm so happy!" Tony smiled as May looked over at Tony and the Avengers.

"Thank you... thank you for giving me my nephew back to me!" Tony smiled and said that no thanks was needed because it was just the right thing to do. Peter and May hugged and cried for a solid five minutes before May looked Peter up and down.

"Peter, Mr. Coulson updated me on everything, and in light of everything you've been through... I need to tell you a few things." Peter nodded, not letting May go.

"Your Uncle Ben... he's not here anymore sweetie. He died while doing police work last month. I'm so sorry sweetheart. Your Uncle loved you more than life itself, and he never stopped believing that you were alive. He searched for you every single day ever since you disappeared. I just KNOW that he's smiling down on us from heaven, happy to know you're ok." Peter sniffled.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, but I think you're right Aunt May. I'm really gonna miss him though. Thank you for telling me." May smiled sadly.

"The other thing I have to tell you is... I have a new job upstate. So I'm not going to be in New York City all the time. Because of that, I'm giving you permission to live with your new friends while I'm out of town. I'm going to come back to New York every other weekend to visit you so we're gonna see each other a whole bunch, but I think that you would be happier staying with your friends the Avengers. I know they have what it takes to keep you safe from all of the bad guys who took you in the first place, and I know that they can help you use your powers for a good purpose. But if we do this, you have to promise that you'll always try to use what you can do in order to do the right thing, no matter WHAT. Can I trust you to do that?" Peter looked thoughtful.

"Uncle Ben always said that with great power, comes great responsibility. I wanna help stop HYDRA from making kids like me hurt people. I wanna protect people just like Uncle Ben. That's what i wanna do more than anything Aunt May! I'll be super careful, and I promise I'll live by what he always taught me! Thank you Aunt May!" May hugged Peter again before handing Peter a cell phone.

"I just got that for you this morning. You can call me every single day so you'll always feel like I'm right here for you. For now I'm gonna stay with you for your examinations, ok honey?" Peter nodded and said ok. After that Coulson opened another door.

"Are you kids ready? Remember we can stop any time you need us to." The four new Avengers all held hands. Thor was the one to speak.

"We're as ready as we'll ever be. Let's do this."

File 0, Version 2.0

Group Name: The Avengers

Original Avengers Members: Dr. Bruce Banner, Natasha Romanov, Clint Barton, Steve Rodgers, James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, Sam Wilson, James "Rhodey" Rhodes, Virginia "Pepper" Potts, Anthony Howard "Tony" Stark.

Second Wave Avengers Members (Members that were added later): Thor Odinson, Vision Jarvis, Wanda Maximoff, Peter Parker

Team Leader: Steve Rodgers

Head Quarters Building Owner: Anthony Howard "Tony" Stark

Notes: HYDRA is a terrorist organization that was originally formed by the Third Reich, otherwise known as the Nazi Empire, who's main goal is to take over and rule the world. All of the original members of the Avengers team are former HYDRA agents. HYDRA kidnapped and/or found the original and second wave Avengers members and either forced or manipulated, if not both, into joining HYDRA's ranks. After serving HYDRA for various amounts of time, the original Avengers decided to break out of the HYDRA together. The Avengers were eventually able to free themselves and come together to form a team. The original members all escaped HYDRA on the same day. The NYPD recognize the Avengers as a gang due to their tendency to perform vigilante actions in pursuit of HYDRA cells hidden throughout New York City and the surrounding bureaus and because their actions are considered to be unsupervised by any legal guardians. All Avengers members are victims of illegal human experimentation (human being used as a term being used to represent their status as a person even if they are not biologically human by species), brainwashing, mind control, and torture, which lead to all of them developing various types of physical disabilities and mental disabilities and disorders, with a substantial presence of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) among nearly all, if not ALL, members. The goal of the Avengers is to destroy HYDRA and avenge the fallen who were killed, or who's lives were uprooted or destroyed by HYDRA's actions as well as to rescue (and possibly recruit security wave members into the Avengers) other kids and teens like them who were forced into working for HYDRA.

Avengers Motto: If we can't protect, then we'll avenge.

Subnote: Current records of the torture methods the Avengers were subjected to while under the control of HYDRA can be found attached to the actual medical records instead of the file summary pages

Subnote 2: Ages in all files are updated and changed at the beginning of each new year.

Subnote 3: Current second wave Avengers were rescued from HYDRA by the original Avengers while on missions.

File 9- Version 1.0

Name: Thor Odinson

Birthdate: Unknown (November 21st has been chosen for the sake of records)

Age: 16 (Estimated Mentally/Human Years) / 1052 (Physically/Asgardian Years)

Sex: Male

Asset Name: Static Slayer

Subnote 1: Thor Odinson was rescued from HYDRA along with fellow second wave avengers Wanda Maximoff, Vision Jarvis, and Peter Parker while the original avengers were in a mission raiding a HYDRA hideout.

Notes: Prince Thor Odinson is the real god of thunder figure from the Norse mythological legends. He is considered to mentally be a teenager in comparison with his teammates even though he is over 1000 years old physically due to a longer lifespan. Thor is a crown prince from another planet, Asgard. After surviving banishment and attempting to return home to Asgard, he was kidnapped by HYDRA, experimented on, tortured, subjected to mind control, and sent on HYDRA missions before breaking control. Thor was set to be teamed up with second wave Avengers members Wanda Maximoff, Vision Jarvis, and Peter Parker as a HYDRA strike team, but this did not occur because all four were rescued together from HYDRA by the original Avengers. Thor has a magical connection to his preferred weapon, a hammer that is called Mjölnir. Thor's powers, which he was born with and are not a product of HYDRA experimentation, consist of the ability to produce and control lightning bolts. Thor has also learned how to sense electrical signals, and how to short circuit or activate technology with his lightning. Thor was occasionally forced to use his lightning as a torture and/or execution method. This has caused him to experience psychological trauma. Thor lost his vision, and one of his physical eyes, due to a HYDRA snake venom experiment gone wrong. This has lead to a diagnosis of permanent blindness. Thor is due to receive a mechanical replacement for his missing eye from fellow Avenger Tony Stark, who believes he may be able to combine Thor's electric sensing abilities with optic technology in order to allow Thor to "see" electric currents. Upon examination of Thor's physical and mental health history, it was discovered that Thor most likely had Dyslexia as a child, which negatively affected his ability to read and write. Thor is planning to learn how to read and write in Braille, but his original Dyslexia may become present once again once he starts using the written language method. It was also discovered that Thor has a severe allergy to almonds. This allergy is severe enough to be potentially deadly, therefore an almost free diet is required for his own health and safety. An epinephrine pen (EpiPen) has been proved to counteract this allergy should he accidentally be exposed to almonds in his food. Thor has been granted duel citizenship between his home in Asgard and the United States of America, allowing him to legally be able to live on Earth, despite being from another planet. Thor's lightning was probably used to assist in the creation of fellow Avenger Vision Jarvis. (Officially diagnosed with PTSD, Dyslexia, Blindness, and severe specific food allergy to almonds.)

File 10, Version 1.0

Name: Peter Parker

Birthdate: August 10th

Age: 10

Sex: Male

Asset Name: Spider-Man

Subnote 1: Peter Parker was rescued from HYDRA along with fellow second wave avengers Wanda Maximoff, Vision Jarvis, and Thor Odinson while the original avengers were in a mission raiding a HYDRA hideout.

Notes: Peter Parker is currently the only Avenger that did not join as a teenager, due to being younger than 13 upon being rescued from HYDRA. He was kidnapped from the midst of plane wreckage after a plane crash that he was in with his family killed his parents. Peter was experimentally subjected to the bite of a radioactive spider, which resulted in a genetic mutation that gave him spider based super powers. Peter has super strength, heighten senses, advanced healing, has the ability to stick to, walk on, and climb on almost anything including walls and ceilings, and has a sixth sense that alerts Peter to danger that he calls his Spidey Sense. Peter's heightened senses sometimes cause him to have sensory overload. This has lead to a diagnosis of Sensory Processing Disorder. Peter was primarily tasked with field work, working in a team with fellow Avengers Vision Jarvis and Wanda Maximoff, as well as Pietro Maximoff. Peter is a child genius, but he still has social issues. Peter's last living family member and technical legal guardian, his Aunt May Parker, revealed that Peter received a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder when he was younger. Peter occasionally has issues with fine motor control. Peter's weapons of choice are synthetically created spider webs, which are projected from "web shooter" devices that he designed himself. (Officially diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder, and PTSD)

File 11, Version 1.0

Name: Vision Jarvis (last name assigned for the sake of legal documentation due to not having a last name previously)

Birthdate: May 7th (Month is accurate. Day is estimated due to lack of knowledge for the sake of records.)

Age: 4 (Physically)/ 15 (Mentally and Legally)

Sex: Male

Asset Name: Vision

Subnote 1: Vision Jarvis was rescued from HYDRA along with fellow second wave avengers Wanda Maximoff, Thor Odinson, and Peter Parker while the original avengers were in a mission raiding a HYDRA hideout.

Notes: Vision Jarvis is an artificially created cyborg made from an AI unit named JARVIS (originally created by fellow Avenger Tony Stark while still under the control of HYDRA) (Vision's last name is a tribute to the JARVIS AI unit). Vision was created by HYDRA using a combination of an ancient magical relic known as The Mind Stone and (most likely) lightning provided by fellow Avenger Thor Odinson as well as the JARVIS AI unit. Vision has multiple powers, including that of flight. Vision was not given vocal cords during his creation, making him physically unable to talk. Vision uses American Sign Language (ASL) when he wishes, but usually communicates by telepathically communicating with fellow Avenger Wanda Maximoff, who was also Vision's HYDRA mission partner along with Fellow Avenger Peter Parker, as well as Pietro Maximoff. Vision, along with Wanda, Peter, and Pietro Maximoff once tried to escape HYDRA by running away, but they were all re-kidnapped and brought back to the organization by force. Vision is in need of glasses for nearsightedness. (Officially diagnosed with PTSD, nearsightedness, and physical muteness.)

File 12, Version 1.0

Name: Wanda Maximoff

Birthdate: Unknown (August 29th has been chosen for the sake of records)

Age: 15

Sex: Female

Asset Name: Scarlet Witch

Notes: Wanda Maximoff and her brother Pietro Maximoff (who is now deceased) were misplaced by war in their home country of Sokovia after the death of their parents. The siblings were kidnapped and manipulated into joining HYDRA on the assumption that they could reap vengeance on Stark Industries for creating the weapons that destroyed their home and killed their family. Pietro had the Asset name Quicksilver, and had super speed as a super power, given to him through experimentation. Pietro lost his sense of taste and smell due to HYDRA experimentation. Pietro was part of a strike team including Wanda and Avengers Vision Jarvis and Peter Parker. Pietro was killed following a mission where the team broke their mind control and tried to run away. Wanda herself has multiple magical abilities, including telekinesis, mental manipulation, the ability to give people visions of their fears, and telepathic communication. Wanda and Vision frequently use telepathy to communicate with each other. Wanda also sends telepathic messages to Peter as well. Wanda lost her ability to hear specific frequencies of sound due to HYDRA experimentation. Wanda is hearing aide compatible. She often uses a combination of American Sign Language and her voice when she speaks. Wanda has renounced all loyalty to HYDRA and had gained duel citizenship between the United States and Sokovia. (Officially diagnosed with a specific hearing impairment and PTSD)

Subnote 1: Wanda Maximoff was rescued from HYDRA along with fellow second wave avengers Thor Odinson, Vision Jarvis, and Peter Parker while the original avengers were in a mission raiding a HYDRA hideout.

The evaluations were a long and emotional process for all four new Avengers, but thanks to the support of their team, and May Parker, they were able to get through it without any trouble. They left the facility that day with real legal documents for all of the second wave Avengers and a refill on Tony's heart medication and Natasha's OCD medication, plus new hearing aids for Wanda, two books about teach Braille along with three EpiPens and blueprints for a mechanical eye for Thor, and a couple of fidget toys plus some noice canceling headphones for Peter.

May Parker didn't stop hugging Peter for 5 minutes straight before letting him go into the Avengers HQ with his friends. She wanted to stay the night with Peter, but she was leaving Manhattan to go upstate tomorrow morning and had to finish packing her bags. She promised to call Peter when he woke up tomorrow to let him know she made it upstate safely. Once everyone was back in the common room, all four second wave Avengers broke down crying. This was to be expected. The evaluation process was extremely emotional. Having to bring up and talk about all of the physical, emotional, and mental trauma that they faced under HYDRA was REALLY hard to do, but the original Avengers were SO proud of their friends for being brave enough to go through with the examination. Everyone hugged the new Avengers closely, and they hugged each other. Thor wound up crying out for his brother at one point during the emotional breakdown because he wanted to hug him more then ANYTHING. The others tried their best to be a good substitute. By the end of it everyone was completely exhausted. Tony wound up taking the truck and splurging on 30 McDonald's fast food meals to divide among the entire team for dinner that night. The food helped ease some of the pain, but the second wave Avengers still cried themselves to sleep in the common room that night. The others threw blankets over the other four sleeping and emotionally drained kids and left them to sleep there for the night, not having the heart to wake them up.

There was no wake up call the next day. The four new avengers woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking. Steve made breakfast again. All of the Avengers came down to breakfast and ate quietly. Clint came into the common room with a large bag. Apparently he had taken a night shift sorting through clothes at good Will and came back with some more outfits for the second wave Avengers. They all took the outfits gladly. After breakfast they put a way the new clothes and went on an official tour of the entire apartment building with Tony. They all had fun sliding down the fireman's poll, though Thor has been a little nervous about it since he didn't know if he would be able to land straight at the end. Thor did wind up falling over, but he didn't get hurt so it was more funny than concerning. Thor laughed along with everyone else. The other were all supper impressed with how well Thor was adjusting to being blind. When asked about it he just said that he needed to prove to himself that having no sight wouldn't stop him from trying to live his best life, especially once he became the king of Asgard one day, assuming he ever made it back. After his spill on the fireman's poll he asked someone to guide him back up to the roof because he wanted to try something. Bucky lead Thor up there and came back saying Thor needed time alone. The others started their morning hygiene tasks in the bathroom while they waited, but for some reason they were told that they were showering after they all got back from their excursion today. A little over an hour later there was a crack of Thunder that seemed to have struck the roof. Everyone wound up rushing up there to make sure that Thor was ok. What they found instead was simply incredible. Thor was wearing full Asgardian battle armor complete with a red cape, which was cool enough, but the thing that truly put everything together again was what Thor was holding in his hands. It was a giant hammer. The others knew that it just HAD to be Mjolnir. Everyone wound up congratulating Thor and putting him in another group hug before bombarding him with a zillion questions. Thor just laughed and answered all of them one at a time.

Far away within the halls of Asgard's palace, a man with eyes that could see nearly everyone in all the nine realms was jolted awake from his sleep by a vision of someone thought to be dead wielding lightning before his sight was blocked once again. He ran through the halls of the palace so he could inform King Odin of this development just incase it meant something important. Somewhere in New Mexico deep underground, someone else was temporarily jolted out of the mind control of HYDRA by the exact same vision.

After that Thor demonstrated his ability to morph the shape of his hammer into other objects. With some help from Bruce, Thor was able to make an extra long, tightly wrapped umbrella. Peter used his amazing ability to describe things to make sure that Thor did this so he could use it as a cane without it actually looking like one, so Thor felt a bit better about himself. The umbrella could also double as an actual umbrella if needed. Bruce wound up teaching Thor how to use the umbrella as a cane if he wanted or needed to. After that Peter talked on the phone with his Aunt May and Peter updated her on Thor's regaining of his hammer. May congratulated Thor over speakerphone. Once that was over Rhodey told everyone that they were walking today and to make sure they wear their rattiest clothes. They walked until they reached a parking garage and took a short cut through it to the other side. They walked for two more blocks until Natasha lead them all down a back ally... and flipped open a dumpster lid. Thor spoke first.

"Excuse me but why does this place smell like garbage?" Pepper spoke first.

"That's because we're near garbage Thor. We're standing next to a dumpster." Wanda wrinkled her nose.

"But WHY are we standing next to a dumpster!?" Natasha chuckled.

"That's because we need to go INSIDE the dumpster. We're going dumpster diving today. We're going to start by searching through this dumpster for anything still usable. Oh, and you four newbies are going first." The four new avengers made various sounds of disgust. Vision used ASL to ask WHY they were doing this. Natasha smirked.

"Tony splurged a lot of our cash on fast food last night, so now we need to make up for that by looking for things to fix and pawn off or take back to repurpose for ourselves. The fastest way to get used to this is to just dive straight into the worst dumpster you can find. That way the rest won't seem as bad in comparison. We can't actually force you to do this is you really don't want to, but sometimes we REALLY do get desperate enough to depend on this kind of thing. We once had to live off of dumpster dive food for a whole month because we went completely broke and the crops on the roof were destroyed in a storm. Our life isn't easy, but whatever we do, we do as a team to make things more bearable. You don't need to do this alone. We're doing it together." The four new avengers only hesitated for one moment more.

Suddenly Peter ran up the wall and backflipped off of it straight into the dumpster. Wanda used a random box as stairs to climb over the side, after giving Clint her hearing aides and Peter's headphones. Thor put down his umbrella hammer and sunglasses and asked which direction to run. Bucky turned him the right way and Thor LEAPED into the dumpster. Vision flew straight into the dumpster in a diver's pose. The other Avengers all cheered. Steve yelled at all of them to be more careful because they were still recovering from HYDRA. 15 minutes later they were rewarded with several viable items. Tony open d his backpack and told them to throw the things inside. Thor managed to find a slightly rusty switch blade. There wasn't any blood on it so they were pretty sure no one had used it on a person and discarded it to cover up a murder, but they joked and nicknamed the weapon the "murder knife" anyway. Tony mentioned that he could remove the rust and fix it up for Thor after the Asgardian said he wished to keep it because it reminded him of his brother Loki. Tony just laughed and said that no one would be stupid enough to mess with the blind guy wielding a knife because no one would know how well he can aim. They moved on to other dumpsters, where the others finally got their hands dirty. They searched for hours and hours. Eventually they found several broken things that could be fixed and sold to the pawn shops. Peter found some materials that he said would be great for making new web shooters. Tony immediately declared that he was helping Peter build them. By the end of the dumpster diving session everyone felt really good. Thor looked like he had gained a ton of confidence back. He was walking at the very front of the group for awhile... until he nearly walked over the curb and out into traffic. After that someone was always walked with a hand in his or a hand on his shoulder for the rest of the day. Thor eventually dropped his embarrassment and declared that he was going to just use his umbrella next time.

When they got back to the apartment Tony put all of their finds in the workshop so he could start on restoring them later. Everyone took showers. After that Pepper took the newbies to the corner store to meet the shop owner. They, ironically, stopped the man from getting robbed again. There were four assailants, so that was one robber for each of them. Somehow during the fight Thor managed to hit the robber he was fighting with his hammer dead center every single time despite not being able to see. The shop owner was so grateful that after giving their statements to the police, he let the kids have 50 dollars to pick out anything they wanted. The kids tried to refuse but the owner said he had wanted to do something like that to welcome the new Avengers anyway. He said he could repay him later by taking a couple of shifts working for him during the rest of the month if they choose to. They mostly picked groceries and things that everyone could use, but Wanda found a six pack of some costume jewelry earrings that she liked that would look good with her red hearing aides, so she got those too. Peter insisted on getting coffee for Tony and Pepper as well as some other things since he didn't have his own apartment anyway, so he decided to shop for his new roommates instead. He did wind up getting himself one of those adult coloring books and some colored pencils though. He wanted to share with Steve because he heard Steve liked art. Pepper wound up getting a bunch of pairs of earbuds for the four newbies, saying that they would find out why in a few days. Thor DEFINITELY loved buying five boxes of poptarts all for himself, but he got a sixth one for the common room kitchen to be nice. Once they got back with their haul they went to their apartments and cooked themselves their own dinners in their own kitchens. Peter helped Tony and Pepper cook that night. Steve decided that he was going to help Thor learn to cook for himself so he could retain a sense of independence. The smile that lit up Thor's face was contagious to all who saw it as he proudly told his teammates that he could now make spaghetti with tomato sauce all by himself now, even if the sauce has come from a jar.

The team spent the rest of that night doing random busy work. Vision helped Bucky and Natasha clean the bathroom. Wanda decided to help Thor get a head start on learning Braille and declared that she was gonna learn it with him so she could help him figure it all out. Bruce, Peter, Pepper, and Tony worked on the dumpster diving haul. Clint went up to the roof to tend to the garden. Rhodey and Sam went on two of the laptops and started looking at YouTube videos for tips and tricks to help Thor learn how to live independently while blind. Thor cried with joy later when he found out, absolutely astounded by the kindness of his new friends. Steve... Steve decided to decorate the new Avengers' apartment doors. Steve LOVED art, and he was always doing scenic paintings and public murals for extra cash. They let him take home excess art supplies sometimes. He hoarded them so he could paint the inside of the building's walls in his free time. The walls of the common room were actually a beautiful mural of the New York City skyline as seen from the top of the rock observatory sight. Steve made a point of painting the apartment doors with nature scenes of their favorite places. Wanda and Vision requested a scene from Sokovia, chosen off of pictures from the Internet. Peter asked for a small scale scene of Queens on his bedroom door, and Steve agreed because he didn't want Peter feeling left out. Thor had a different request. He wanted the bottom half of his door to be a scene from New Mexico, reflected as if in a body of water. We requested that the top half be of Asgard. Steve loved the challenge, but he had no idea what Asgard looked like. That's when Wanda spent 24 hours straight learning to use her magic to project Thor's memories of Asgard into Steve's mind so he could see what Thor saw and use it to make the painting. Thor cried upon being able to see his home in his head clearly as if he had eyes again. He had hugged Wanda in thanks afterwards. Steve has a photographic memory for landscapes, and decided to work on Tho's door first. Wanda promised Thor that she would project Steve's memory of the door into Thor's head when it was finished so he would always know what it looked like. Thor happily agreed. Steve wound up working in an almost fevered fury on Thor's door for three days straight with no sleep, even going so far as to have Bucky pilfer Tony's coffee. In the end though the door wound up being an absolutely gorgeous piece. Wanda did indeed shoe Thor Steve's memory of it. Thor loved every single part of it. It was EXACTLY what he hoped for. Another week later (after finally giving in and going to sleep. and Steve had Peter's bedroom door and Wanda and Vision's apartment doors done too. Peter has the idea to take pictures of all the doors and print copies of it on canvas for people to buy on the internet. They eventually found a place that would let them borrow their canvas printer in exchange for maintenance and labor, and they printed 20 copies of each door painting before selling them on a website that promoted local artists. They wound up making an extra $3000 dollars in five days and were eventually completely sold out of canvas, which they personally delivered in Tony's truck in order to avoid spending money on mail packaging. They decided to keep doing this permanently once every two weeks from that day on. Five days after the evaluation of the second wave Avengers, the team got four letters in the mail saying that the second wave Avengers had all been accepted at SHIELD Technical Academy with their friends, including Peter. The team celebrated by treating themselves to Ice cream pops from the corner store.