Actions

Work Header

Hell On Earth

Summary:

At the final battle between the Senshi, Shitennou, Beryl, and Metallia. The bad guys win. Sailor Moon is gone. The Shitennou, Queen Beryl, and Metallia rule the world in war. The girls are scattered, powerless and battle to save the Shitennou and the world from further destruction. They now live in a world with no hope. Chaos reigns.

Notes:

When the girls battled Beryl they were 17-18 years old.

This idea was brought to life by Cluckster, she wrote the whole outline and then gave me free rein to go with it as I pleased. The original idea for this fic is in big credit to her. <3

**TRIGGER WARNINGS - TALK OF DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, LOSS, VIOLENCE, DEATH AND BLOOD THIS FIC IS DARK PLEASE BE WARNED ***

Chapter Text

~Chapter 1~

 

            Everything turned to disaster as soon as she had lost her hold on Kunzite. He was finally remembering her, she had seen the twinkle in his gray eyes, a hint of a smile and then, nothing. All the boys had stopped mid-stride as they were all remembering their past lives. Minako took a tentative step forward, she wanted to reach out to Kunzite but then stopped. The others were as confused as she was.

“Don’t…” he said, his voice hoarse.
“Kunz…” Tear burned her eyes.
“Get away, please… she’s back…” He looked at her, pain in his eyes. She read his face, he was sorry, he was going to give up.
“No, no Kunz! Please, fight her!!” She took another step forward.
“Stay back! I… I can’t keep her at bay, run! Run before she takes over again!” he pleaded. “I don’t want to hurt you again!” Tears filled his eyes.

She then heard Serenity scream. Endymion was still being controlled by Beryl and Metallia and he now had Sailor Moon by the throat. ‘No!’ she screamed inside her head. She watched as her Princess clawed at her past lovers’ hands, trying to breathe. His arms not budging.

“NO! SERE!!” she yelled.

Then she heard a laugh that brought back all the nasty memories of her past. The laugh that had come for her that fateful night. That laugh that rejoiced as it plunged his sword into her gut, spilling her blood. She closed her eyes to that memory. No, no, no! Not again! Not again!! She turned around and faced Kunzite. Metallia’s hold was back and the man she loved was no longer present. Tears fell from her eyes.

“Run! Get to Serenity! Now!” she yelled to the others.

The girls snapped out of it and ran towards where Serenity was, struggling to get Endymion’s hands off her neck. But before they could reach her a barrier flew up in front of them. Jupiter and Mars pounded on the invisible wall. She could hear Beryl laughing in the background. Mercury’s visor was up and she was calculating things on her mini-computer.

“Watch your Princess die!” she laughed.

The girls threw all their attacks on the barrier. The Shitennou were slowly creeping up to them, evil smiles painted on their faces, their eyes soulless. Venus started to panic; it could not happen again. She would not die at his hands again. She would not watch her Princess die again. They had come back for a reason. To live a normal life, not to have the past happen once more. She felt a sharp pain in her back, her breath caught in her throat, she turned around to see Kunzite, his sword in hand, her blood now covering the blade and a diabolical smile on his face. “There is no escape.” He hissed.

She summoned her sword and stood at the ready. She needed to save Serenity, she needed to blast through that barricade. She could hear her friends yelling out Usagi’s name and throwing all of their attacks at that wall. Time was running out she had to save her princess. She ran at the wall and began slashing at it with her sword. Sweat beading over her body as she continuously hit the wall with no sign of it weakening. She yelled and cursed. Mercury was still trying to figure out its weakness, but time was slipping by.

Sailor Moon with the little strength she had summoned her crescent wand, held it in both shaking hands, her lips were turning blue, tears pooled out of her eyes. She barely managed to get a sound out but the words were effective, a bright light shone from her wand, the power of the Silver Crystal bursting a blinding light between both her and Endymion.

Venus had to shield her eyes and fell to the ground, the pain in her back too much. Kunzite had slashed across her whole back. She could feel her blood oozing out of her wound. She slowly got up and looked around. Her friends were scattered on the ground, the boys had been blasted farther away. She flipped her hair away from her face and frantically looked around for her Princess. She managed to push herself off the ground and get up on trembling knees. She finally caught sight of Sailor Moon farther away with Endymion, both of them unconscious. Her back throbbed as she slowly limped towards her princess.

Then she heard it, Beryl’s laugh mixed in with Metallia’s. Venus kept her eyes on her Princess, but Beryl materialized next to Sailor Moon and smiled. She knelt down and placed her hand on Endymion. He stirred and woke up; his eyes still soulless. He looked at Beryl and smiled. She smiled back then grabbed the Crescent wand and yanked the crystal off, she threw the wand away, it clattered away into a pile of rubble and then she held the Silver Crystal in her hands. A look of triumph plastered her face, Endymion got closer and placed a hand on her shoulder, Beryl slapped it away and she clenched the jewel in her palm, relishing in its power. She walked away and laughed.

“It’s mine! It’s finally mine!” she cackled. She started to absorb the energy radiating from the Silver Crystal, cackling away, a look of pure evil and triumph a set mask on her face as the energy of the jewel was being adsorbed by her. A roar echoed off the walls of the cave they were in. Venus stopped in her tracks, she could feel the blood dripping from her back, down her butt and legs. She was going to pass out from losing too much blood. She fell to her knees; she couldn’t stay up. She didn’t know what to do anymore, her friends were all unconscious, the strength was leaving her body and now Beryl held the silver crystal. Was her Princess even alive? A roar echoed throughout the cave.

“BEERRYLLLLL!!!” Metallia shrieked. “BRING IIITT TOOO MEEEE NOOOWWW! BRING ME THE CRYSTAL!!”

Beryl glanced at the far end of the cave where it was the darkest, a look of annoyance now on her face, she didn’t want to give up the crystal, Venus could see it. She was lusting for its power. She finally turned and made her way to the end of the cave where Venus presumed Metallia resided. Venus was desperate, Metallia could not take hold of the Silver Crystal’s power, it would be the end of the world. They had already wiped out the Moon all those millennia ago, she couldn’t let them do it to the Earth, she had to get to Sailor Moon. She prayed to the Gods that she was still alive. She began to slowly crawl in the rubble, frantic. As she crawled over, she watched as Endymion finally acknowledged his past lover on the ground. He looked at her as he seemed to recognize her and at the same time didn’t.

Beryl finally reached her destination and reluctantly lifted her hand to the darkness hovering over her, the clear crystal shining like a beacon, red eyes appeared in the shadows, then a red mouth, smiling. Shadowed hands stole the crystal from Beryl and swallowed it. Beryl then quickly walked away, before she did something that she would regret. Metallia cackled, her voice bouncing off the walls, echoing through Venus’s ears and body. Venus coughed and spat out blood, this was not good. She had to reach Sailor Moon. She then felt pure terror. Metallia was absorbing all the power that the Silver Crystal was giving her. ‘I can’t let this happen again.’ Venus thought as her arms shook and trembled as she used the last of her strength to get to her Princess.  Endymion spotted her crawling over and walked up to her, his foot landing on her left wrist with a hard crunch. She screamed in pain, tears burning her eyes. She coughed up more blood, Endymion smiled.

Sailor Moon stirred; her body began to glow a pure white. She slowly sat up, her hand went to her throat, it hurt and it was peppered in bruises. She looked at herself, she didn’t know why she was glowing, something wasn’t right. She looked around and saw Endymion crushing Venus’s hand. She tried to get up but found that she had no strength.  

“Endymion! Please stop!” she said with a horse voice. Endymion had done more damage then she thought. Endymion finally turned his head towards her. She looked at him pleading, she searched his eyes, but her Endymion wasn’t there. He saw that, smiled and then crushed Venus’s wrist even more. Venus screamed out in pain once again.
“Venus!!” she said as she started to slowly lift off the ground. She didn’t know what was happening. Her brooch was blinking in and out, her fuku as well. She put her hands to her chest, searching for the Silver crystal, it wasn’t on her, she then turned to the corner where Metallia was growing in size, she could feel the crystal there.

“No!” she whispered.

“Serenity… I’m sorry!” Venus said. The mixed pain of her bleeding back and crushed wrist were too much. She could hardly keep her eyes open. Her breath now shallow.
“Venus! Stay with me, I need you. I’m… I’m going to try something.” She said but then screamed in agony. Venus snapped out of her daze; Endymion had removed his foot from her wrist. Something was wrong.
“She’s… accessing… “ Sailor Moon said, unable to finish her words. Her body pulsed out white light, her fuku flickering in and out. Pink ribbons appearing and disappearing.
“No!” Venus screamed. Metallia was locking into the core of the Silver crystal, absorbing its life force. Serenity being part of it and all of them as well. She then saw her friends all start to glow in their respective colors, her as well. Venus panicked. Mercury’s powers where the first to be absorbed. Her fuku flickered out, then burst out into a sea of blue ribbons then she was back into her civilian clothes. Then Mars and Jupiter. And then herself. Her power leaving her body was like a part of her soul had vanished. She felt empty and cold. No will to go on.

She watched as Sailor Moon was about to go through the same fate. She could see her struggling to keep a hold of her power. She couldn’t stop the tears that were pooling from her eyes. She couldn’t believe that this was happening once again. But this time, Queen Serenity wasn’t here to save them. She felt powerless and she hated herself for it. She was going to watch her Princess be devoured by this evil and she was helpless to stop it. She let out a sob. Endymion watched Sailor Moon in pain and smiled. Beryl watched nearby finally watching the Moon brat in pain and dying in front of her.

Sailor Moon closed her eyes and hugged her chest. She was not going to let Metallia devour the crystal, she needed to make this last leap to save it and destroy Metallia and Beryl. Even if it meant it would destroy her. She had to do it. She couldn’t let them win.

‘Venus. Please take care of Earth for me.’ She sent to her friend. Minako looked up, her eyes blurry from all her tears.
“No! Serenity don’t!” she said into her sleeves.
‘I need to do this. I need to give Earth some hope.’
“It’s not worth it!” she sobbed.
‘It will be ok. Tell Endymion I’m sorry. Take care of everyone for me.’
“Serenity! Noo, please!! Don’t leave me.” She sobbed as she finally lifted her face to see her.
‘I trust you. Help the Earth be better again. I love you.’
“NNNOO!!” she said as she reached out with her right arm.

She watched her friend use the last of her energy to fly into Metallia, tears falling from her eyes, the crescent moon shining from her forehead, the sign of her lunar royal heritage. Minako screamed as she watched her friend sacrifice herself to save them all. Sailor Moon entered the massive shadow being that was Metallia. Beryl didn’t like this. She disappeared and reappeared next to Endymion, grabbing him and the both of them vanished. Metallia was laughing and growing, slowly regaining her powerful form that was destroyed all those millennia ago.

“Puny Moon Princess, you cannot stop this. I have the crystal now; the power is all mine!” she bellowed.  “The crystal and Earth are mine now. You cannot win.”

Metallia continued to laugh as she slowly regained her form.

“VENUS POWER!” Minako yelled as she thrust her good arm up in the air. Nothing happened. She tried again and again. Her powers were gone. She yelled out in rage as she tried to reach for the power that was usually there, now an empty void. She was the only still conscious person in this hell hole. Not one of the girls or Shitennou had woken up since. Why did she always have to be the witness to all of this destruction and death?

Metallia started screaming. Minako looked up, the dark shadow had stopped growing. Her shadow arms had gone to her chest trying to pull something out it. “GET OUT! GET OUT! THE CRYSTAL IS MIIINNEEE!!!” Metallia screeched as she clawed at her shadowed chest trying to rip Sailor Moon out of her body. Minako was slightly hopeful that she would actually do it. “YOU WILL NOT WIN!”

Her body pulsed between shadow and bright light. The light of the Silver crystal was piercing through, Metallia was losing control.  And in an instant time seemed to freeze. In a flash, white beams shot out of Metallia.

“NNOOO!!!! THE CRYSTAL! YOU LUNAR BITCH!!!” she shrieked. Minako realized what had shot out of Metallia. They were shards of the Silver Crystal. Sailor Moon had shattered it, rendering it useless. Minako buried her face in her arms and heaved a sob.

“AAARRRGGG!!!!” Metallia shrieked again, her body pulsing faster now between light and darkness to finally exploded in a blinding white light. It was the last thing Minako saw before passing out.

 

*          *          *          *          *          *          *            *          *

Minako woke up in a gasp and almost fell out of her broken bed. Her body was covered in sweat and she was out of breath. Her tank top was stuck to her. She ran her hands through her hair and she held her head. Tears stung her eyes. This dream plagued her on most nights. But it wasn’t a dream though. It had actually happened. Five years ago, Usagi had shattered the Silver Crystal and sacrificed herself to save Earth.

But that sacrifice was made in vain. Beryl and Metallia were still alive and Earth was in complete war and chaos. Beryl was now Queen of Earth with Endymion at her side, they reigned war all across the world. The only good thing that had come out of this was that the crystal could no longer be used for its power. No one had ever located any of the broken pieces. Minako was sure they all turned to dust as they burst out of Metallia that fateful night.

She dried her tears with her blanket and then looked at the clock on the broken table that was next to her. It was 3:38AM. She hadn’t fallen asleep until at least 1AM, she laid down back into her makeshift bed and brushed her hands over her face. She had to get up at 5AM, but she knew it was going to be hard to get back to sleep now that she relived her worst nightmare yet again. She had made this old abandoned apartment room hers. Things were falling apart but it kept her warm and safe during the night. The building they resided in was considered dangerous and unstable but it was still standing after 4 years of them making base and camp here. She rolled over to her side and faced the wall.

Usagi’s last words echoed in her head. ‘I trust you. Help the Earth be better again. I love you.’ She hated herself. The Earth was far from being better, it was the exact opposite. Her last words had so much faith in her that it destroyed her every time they resonated in her head. Fresh tears slipped out her eyes, she pulled the blankets over her head and cried herself to sleep, it was far from restful.