Actions

Work Header

La Squadra Esecuzioni Headcanon Backstories

Chapter 7: Fade To Black

Notes:

Ok! This is the last chapter of this fic!

This won't be focusing on the formation of La Squadra, instead, this will be focusing on the end of it, and reactions of the assassins to their comrades dying, as well as what happens after Risotto's death.

Here we go...

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The Punishment

 

Gelato could do nothing but watch in utter horror as Sorbet was being gruesomely dismembered, they had decided to investigate the Boss, and were able to find a picture that he supposedly took of his lover, Donatella Una, Sorbet was planning on using his stand, I Want You, to investigate the history of the photo and get a perfect view of the boss, but before they could do so, the room they were in was suddenly filled with gas, and the 2 fell unconscious.

 

Gelato wished he could something, anything, but he couldn't, his stand was absolutely useless for a situation like this, the 2 of them had always been mocked in La Squadra for having the most pathetic stands, even more so than Formaggio, the 2 of them were data gatherers, they were not fit for combat in any way, but still, seeing his lover be so ruthlessly tortured was nothing short of absolutely hellish.

 

Sorbet could do nothing but scream, the agony was beyond extreme, Secco was watching in glee as Cioccolata cut him apart like a fish, the mad doctor knew exactly where to cut in ways that would cause the maximum amount of suffering for his victim, without killing them, in addition: Green Day's mold was capable of allowing a person to live despite missing several limbs, theoretically, Sorbet could be nothing more than a head and he would still be alive, it would only be after Cioccolata cut his brain open that Sorbet would finally meet the sweet release of death, Sorbet wished that he could at least look at Gelato one last time, there was no saving himself, Cioccolata had began cutting his neck off, the wounds were simply too much, he would be dying nonetheless, but all he wanted to see his lover one final time, but Cioccolata blocked his view.

 

Eventually, considering enough was enough, Cioccolata cut Sorbet head open, finally ending his suffering.

 

Gelato, overcome with complete fear and despair, choked on his own gag in order to avoid the punishment, he died seconds later, Cioccolata went over to his corpse, and said in disappointment:

 

"Dammit... I always found the blond bastard especially annoying, I was looking forward to cutting him up."

 

Days later, Formaggio Castelmagno had investigated the apartment where Sorbet and Gelato had last been, and uncovered a gruesome sight, Gelato was dead, having died of asphyxiation, a note was also on him, stating "Punizione", horrified, he immediately called Risotto and the other assassins and informed them.

 

A few days later, 36 packages were sent to the assassin team, and they were absolutely mortified, it was Sorbet's dismembered body, having been preserved in Formalin to keep it from rotting, in addition: the body was stuck in a perpetual face of absolute terror, it was clear that whatever monster did this to Sorbet, had the ability to keep him alive through it all, it was a silent, yet clear message directly from the boss, and if it could speak, it would've said this:

 

There is no hope for those who intend on betraying me, there will be no reprise, no hope, no requiem, nothing, all there is misery and death, heed this warning, and never attempt this again.

 

 

Sorbet Fragola and Gelato Nocciola

 

The horrific punishment that was Sorbet and Gelato's deaths hit the rest of the assassins hard, Pesci couldn't stop sobbing, Formaggio vomited so much he began dry heaving, Illuso was pacing around, saying "Oh my god!" constantly, Ghiaccio was destroying everything while tearfully ranting about all the things he wanted to do with Sorbet and Gelato, Prosciutto was drinking heavily, and Melone was fearfully shaking.

 

Formaggio was disgusted beyond comprehension, the fact that the boss would do something this extreme terrified him, Sorbet and Gelato weren't the most kind-hearted of people, but to kill them like that... that was heartless, and the fact that Gelato had to watch his own lover be brutally dismembered reminded Formaggio of how he lost his own father due to a heartless prank, and that very thought had him once again hugging the toilet seat for dear life.

 

Risotto Nero tried his hardest not to cry, he needed to be strong for his team, especially now, but looking at the corpses of Sorbet and Gelato, he reminisced on the memories he had with them, his heart was filled with burning wrath and hatred, his fists clenched, his teeth gritted, he wanted nothing more than to send personally send the Boss to hell.

 

The assassins were relatively quiet during the funeral, save for Pesci whimpering, Risotto told his team to forget about Sorbet and Gelato, despite the fact that all of them knew that they would never truly forget about the two.

 

When everyone left, leaving Risotto alone, he noticed that a few drops of water had landed on his lap.

 

Formaggio Castelmagno

 

When news of Formaggio's death reached the team, they were filled with rage, even Pesci was visibly furious, Prosciutto had thrown 2 wine bottles at the wall, Melone had squeezed a stress ball so hard he broke it, and Ghiaccio was letting loose on his car outside.

 

Illuso was the most visibly enraged, however, considering that he and Formaggio had a close friendship, he told Risotto: 

 

"Fugo, Abbacchio, and the newbie are going to pick up something from Pompeii, let me go after them, I'll slaughter Fugo, and show that brat Narancia how it feels to lose a friend!" 

 

Illuso saw Formaggio like a brother, while the 2 did argue, they nonetheless loved each other, so to lose Formaggio reminded Illuso of how he lost his brother Matteo.

 

The Hitman Team didn't want anything to do with Buccellati's group, but after Formaggio's death at the hands of Narancia, this became personal.

 

Illuso Spavaldo

 

Risotto couldn't believe it, he had now lost 4 team members, he bit down his lip so hard it bled, and his nails were digging into his palms.

 

Pesci couldn't find the strength to cry, and Prosciutto, heavily drunk, noticed this, and grabbed his pupil by his collar, screaming:

 

"HOW DARE YOU?! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ILLUSO AT ALL! I SHOULD KILL YOU RIGHT NOW FOR THIS!" 

 

"That's enough, Prosciutto!" Risotto ordered, pulling Prosciutto off Pesci and pushing him to the ground, everyone else was visibly shocked by this, since they had never seen their leader that angry before, Pesci actually began crying, then Prosciutto, realizing what he had done, stormed off into his room, locking the door behind him.

 

Pesci just sat in a corner in the room on the floor, sobbing, he blamed himself for not crying, every single time something bad happened, it was his fault, he couldn't complete the mission because he was too scared to kill, he couldn't defend himself from Lorenzo, he couldn't stop being a complete failure, it's always his fault...

 

"Please come back, Sorbet, Gelato, Formaggio, and Illuso, please come back."  Pesci whimpered, this made Risotto, Ghiaccio, and Melone look at Pesci with sadness and grief in their eyes, he was always the emotional heart of the group, and while his naivety and unwillingness to kill was annoying, he was always lively and friendly, and they still loved him, so to see him in so much clear despair felt like their hearts had been stabbed and the knife was being mercilessly twisted.

 

Prosciutto sat against his door in his room, and began clutching his own hair in frustration, what he said to Pesci was completely uncalled for, he has berated his pupil in the past, even physically reprimanded him a few times, but there have been times in which he goes too far, slapping Pesci a bit too hard, accidentally bringing up painful memories when berating him, but this?

 

This was simply inexcusable.

 

Prosciutto couldn't find the strength to apologize properly right now, so he just finished the bottle of wine he still had in his hand, and promptly fell asleep against his door, and the last thought he had before drifting off was...

 

'I couldn't protect you from that bastard Lorenzo, I couldn't handle my own fucking wine, I assumed that you somehow did not miss the guy you fucking loved to go fishing with every Saturday, I am a pathetic excuse of a brother, let alone a mentor...'

 

Prosciutto Invecchiando and Pesci Calamaro

 

Risotto heard Melone speaking, he was praying that Prosciutto and Pesci were at least alive, that Buccellati's group would show some modicum of mercy, but Melone's message completely dashed those hopes against the rocks, Melone was trying his hardest to seem calm and focused, even going as far as insulting the both of them, normally, Risotto would've angrily reprimanded Melone, but Risotto could easily tell by his voice that Melone was holding back his emotions, and trying to deny his feelings by donning a jerkish attitude, similar to how Formaggio once hid his pain, Risotto was breathing heavily, it was becoming harder and harder to hide his grief.

 

Melone looked at the mutilated corpses of Prosciutto and Pesci, Prosciutto in particular reminded him heavily of how Federico's corpse looked after he had landed on the school pavement, and he couldn't bear to take another look at Pesci, Melone dropped to the ground, clutching himself while sobbing out:

 

"I'm so sorry for calling you guys that, I didn't mean it..."

 

Ghiaccio, this time, didn't do anything, since he had so many emotions he couldn't express it all.

 

Melone Lussuria

 

When Risotto heard the news, his heart sank, he had now lost all but 1 of his team, he was almost terrified of telling Ghiaccio, but he had to.

 

Ghiaccio, upon hearing the news, stomped his foot down on his already abused car, and once he was done talking with Risotto, Ghiaccio sobbed openly, Melone was his best friend, and to lose him alongside the others in such a short time span hurt, he let out a long scream, a scream filled with despair, the same despair he felt when he lost both of his parents on this exact same night.

 

'Goddammit! I wish you were here right now, dad...'

 

Ghiaccio Rossini

 

Risotto Nero sat in the empty headquarters, this was it, in the span of less than a week, he had lost the rest of his entire team.

 

"This is it... I-I... I..."

 

For the first time in years, Risotto broke down, no longer needing to be strong, since his team was gone, he openly sobbed, his heart was filled with so much despair that he felt it difficult to breathe, he never felt this many emotions, not since the death of his cousin.

 

After what seemed to be hours of crying, Risotto stood up, and realized that now he must go alone now, he would find Bruno's team, and slaughter them with Metallica, then he would find the boss, and finally put an end to him once and for all...

 

Risotto Nero

 

After Risotto's failed suicide attempt at using Aerosmith to kill both himself and Diavolo, he woke up in a train station, the sun was shining brilliantly, and then, Risotto heard a familiar voice speak out:

 

"Well, looks like someone's awake!" It was Illuso, Risotto's first ever recruit, and the first one to greet him in this place.

 

"I-Illuso?! Where are we..." Risotto shot up to look around him, and then saw the rest of his team, smiling at him.

 

"Where are we?" Risotto asked.

 

"The Afterlife, more specifically, we are on the train station towards the afterlife, the next train that comes here will take us to Heaven, we were just waiting for you, Capo." Illuso explained.

 

"Risotto! You're back!" Pesci excitedly said.

 

Risotto was filled with so many emotions, one hand, he was ecstatic to finally see his team once again, but on the other hand, he failed, he couldn't even so much as hurt Bruno's group, Risotto then began crying, the other team members noticed this and rushed to their leader, comforting him:

 

"I... I failed you all! I couldn't even take down the boss! After everything you died for, I couldn't even honor you properly! I'm a failure of a Capo!" Risotto said.

 

"Shut up already! You are the best damn leader I've ever had the privilege of serving under, you freed all of us, you gave us a new reason to continue on living, you basically saved us!" Prosciutto responded.

 

"You and big bro always encouraged me to find the confidence to become a true assassin, Capo!" Pesci said.

 

"I will never forget the night I met you in that bar, and the subsequent nights we spent there after a successful mission, Risotto." Illuso said with a smile on his face.

 

"Yeah! I thought I was gonna die in that fucking prison until you came along!" Formaggio said.

 

"We were gonna die alone in those streets if it wasn't for you, Capo." Gelato said while Sorbet nodded.

 

"You helped me mold my anger into something useful, and that is something I'm never fucking forgetting!" Ghiaccio said.

 

"Meeting you was the best thing that ever happened in my life, I got to make some of the best friends I ever met thanks to you." Melone said while smiling at the others.

 

"Guys... You were the best team I ever had the greatest fortune of leading. Thank you." Risotto said while smiling, his tears now of joy rather than grief.

 

Suddenly, a train whistle could be heard, and a train appeared in front of the group, opening its doors, inviting them inside, it was time to move on.

 

"Well Guys! Let's go already!" Pesci said while getting on the train.

 

These assassins were people who were given a bad hand in life, people who believed that their lives were forfeit, but one man, Risotto Nero, a man who had also been cast off by the world, brought them together, then a group of gangsters with similar motivations as them eradicated the group, but now it didn't matter anymore, these group of assassins, of friends, were finally reunited once again.

 

Once all the members of La Squadra Esecuzioni got on, the train closed its doors, and departed towards the afterlife, towards the assassins' final destination, their Last Train Home.

Notes:

This is finally it, the end of my second ever fanfiction...

La Squadra is, in my opinion, one of the best groups of villains ever, their stands, personalities, and fights were some of the best in JoJo history, and this fanfic was not only a joy to make, but also sad, since it was a reminder that the best bois of part 5 are dead.

Rest in Peace, La Squadra Esecuzioni.

Thanks to everyone who gave this kudos, and see you all later.