Welcome! This is a forum for Grandmaster of Cultivation players. Grandmaster of Cultivation is an RPG Dating game. Your character is a cultivator from a small sect who starts attending classes in other sects. With the Wen sect suddenly declaring war, it’s up to you to change the course of events. Who knows? You might even save everyone in the war.
Topic Author Replies
General Guide [PINNED] hanguangjoon 253
Confession and Marriage wenqingbestgirl 1029
Monster drops location weiiiiiyingsz 192
Cooking Recipes Guide yanlishijies 209
Sequel discussion thread DYNANANAEH 830
Mini events guide angryjiangcheng 200
Best sect for skills? Boywithluv 503
Page 1 of 368 [3409 topics]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…707
Topic: GoC Confession and Marriage Guide
Page 1 of 50 [1029 posts]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...50
This is a guide for becoming lovers with your chosen character in Grandmaster of Cultivation. Confession, dating, and eventually marriage in GoC is a tricky process. Some bachelors/bachelorettes are easier to get and woo while some are almost impossible or flat out impossible (I’m looking at you Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji).
Please read this ENTIRELY before asking questions. I’ll just ignore your question if it’s already in the guide thanks.
Dating (aka Confessing)
Confessing is perhaps more difficult than actually getting married here. But here are some things you need to know to successfully confess to the bachelor/bachelorette you like
- You musthave at least 7 hearts with them. It’s not really needed. You can try to confess at 5 hearts but there are higher chances of being rejected. The 7 hearts is the bar I made because of a certain bachelor. And if you’re wooing the ever famous Nie Mingjue you must have at LEAST 7 hearts so he won’t lose affection for you. Read on for more details
- You can only confess once a day so make sure you save before you confess. Then pray to RNGoddess
- There shouldn’t be any other events or sub-events happening that day. It won’t happen if there’s a festival. Get yourself ready to be rejected if you confess while a festival is happening
- HOWEVER, you can confess if there is a festival tomorrow.
- Different bachelors and bachelorettes react to confessions. Most will have a neutral reaction or will just think you’re joking if you confess at relatively low heart levels. Some will gain small levels of affection if you confess (Wei Wuxian you flirt. Jiang Cheng also secretly likes it). While some will outright detest you if you continuously confess to them (see Lan Wangji and Wen Qing)
- Ready? You ready? If you’re ready to confess, then go up to a bachelor or bachelorette, press R and say “I like you.”
- You can break up with someone. But it’ll be much harder to get them to accept your confession next time so make sure to choose properly.
- You can harem! Except for two bachelors: Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. Then again those two are seemingly impossible to woo anyway
- If you’re dating multiple people and you choose to marry one, they’ll all go back to being friends with you.
YES!!! They finally accepted!!
- GO TO THE MEETING PLACE ON TIME!! Some bachelors or bachelorettes hate it when you’re late. Some won’t lose AP if you’re late but some will actually lose AP (Jiang Cheng, Nie Mingjue, Mianmian)
- Choose the positive answers in the dialogue to become lovers. If you wanna friendzone then just tell them you’re kidding (yikes harsh though)
- If you’re sure your S/O is the one you want to marry, the best way to increase their heart to 10 (the minimum for marriage), go on dates. Giving gifts is so painstakingly expensive and slow for raising AP. Dating is the best way to go
- Check the guide for the characters by dynananaeh here. This has all the stuff you would need to know for setting up a successful date
- The beauty with GoC’s dating side is that the dates are all unique. Going on a date to the flower shop will end up with you buying your date flowers. Going on a date to the blacksmith will end up with your date giving you a random accessory. Just explore all the places and have fun!
First of all to get married, you have to trigger the sub-events for the bachelor/bachelorette. This is the hardest part imo. It’s because the sub-events system for GoC is heavily dependent on RNG. Pray to RNGesus as much as possible to be able to trigger the marriage sub-event. Just kidding. Not really kidding. But there is a way to somewhat cheat the RNG system of the game. Here’s what I did
- Ask the bachelor/bachelorette of your choice to join your party
- Go to sleep
- Check your diary to see if you have triggered an event
- Restart if you haven’t
Is it tiring? Yes. Does it take so long? Depends on your luck but normally, yes. Is it worth it? Very much. Nie Huaisang’s marriage sub-event was extremely sweet. So was Lan Xichen’s. But!! A warning though. As you already know (and if you don’t know yet) that a character can only join your party once you reach 5 hearts with them. So practice your cooking skills as foods are the best and fastest way to increase affection points with everyone. Except maybe Lan Wangji. But that’s Lan Wangji.
I’ve seen so many people try to woo Lan Wangji and I can safely tell you all...that Lan Wangji is not marriageable. And probably not a bachelor either in the dating game sense.
Is it really impossible to get Lan Wangji as a lover and marry him TTTTT I just love him so much
Oh sweet summer child. You might as well give up. Are you perhaps interested in his brother though? From experience, Lan Xichen is miles easier to woo and marry.
TTTT please just tell me the truth and rip the bandage as fast as you can
Lan Wangji is gay
WAITT? FOR REAL???
It’s my headcanon. Also, he has a hidden route
It’s not confirmed yet but it’s a theory. We haven’t discovered how to fully discover the route yet. But @boywithluv has a working guide on it. A very slow working guide
Oooh it’s not done yet? Damn Hanguang-Jun is pretty tough to crack
Not just him I swear to god. Both him and Wei Wuxian are so stubborn it makes me want to rip my hair off
Okay can someone give me a very short and brief spoiler for the hidden route?
Basically it’s the gay route (jkjk but I feel like it's the gay route). But there’s so much stuff you have to do. It’s basically a post-game extra? But at the same time not really?
Interesting...okay i’ll check it out!
Topic: [SPOILERS AHEAD] Wangji Hidden Route
Page 1 of 60 [1209 posts]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...59
Lan Wangji Hidden Route Guide by boywithluv
Buckle up gays because here we go. As we all know, Lan Wangji is literally impossible to woo. How do I know? You see I made a discord chat of 100 people to go and see what are the chances of getting Lan Wangji to accept your confession. All of us failed. Miserably. So it’s safe to say he is not woo-able and marriageable.
But you can still learn more about his life after the war through his hidden route! This is the closest we can get to a friendship route with him. I only knew about this because I married Lan Xichen and got to live in Cloud Recesses. But! You don’t have to marry Xichen to unlock it. You just have to live in Cloud Recesses. I think it’s cheaper to marry Xichen than pay tons of silver to move to Gusu so yeah you get what my cheapskate ass means.
Here are some stuff you need to know to unlock the Hidden Route [SPOILERS AHEAD]:
-You have to trigger the sub-event “A day in Lan Xichen’s life”, which unfortunately can only be triggered after the war
-This means you have to have finished both Arc 1 and Arc 2. That means you need to have defeated Wen Rouhan and Wei Wuxian in his Yiling Patriarch form
-Let Jiang Cheng defeat Wei Wuxian at the end of Arc 2. I know that defeating the Yiling Patriarch!WWX by yourself is difficult enough as it is since he literally peaks during the Nightless City fight and trusting Jiang Cheng to defeat him might seem like it will end in game over.
But trust me. Just train Jiang Cheng hard enough and he’ll survive the blows from WWX. Just follow this guide by @dynananaeh on how to defeat WWX smartly and without having to grind so much. Doing this also gives you a new cutscene where LWJ tries to find WWX in the midst of the battle, something that was never shown in other routes.
Lan Wangji will hate your guts forever if you were the one to deal with the killing blow Wei Wuxian. In one of my save files, I was the one who killed Wei Wuxian. I did get rich and I also married Xichen. But Lan Wangji could not absolutely stand my ass. He’s so mad at me he won’t even let me approach or even see his son. I’m your son’s aunt goddamnit.
-On that note, YES. Lan Wangji has a son post-war. How did he have a son when he doesn’t have a wife? We don’t know and probably will never know unless we figure out the rest of his hidden route. If you were the one to kill Wei Wuxian, you would only know about this because of the gossips (if you live in another sect) or because of Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen (if you’re close enough to them). But you won’t be able to see his son. Ever. Because Lan Wangji would keep him away from you. But!! This also means his son isn't locked from this route. We've confirmed it. You'll still learn about his son in other routes.
-If you didn’t kill Wei Wuxian, congrats you can unlock the route. Right after the war, it would probably be winter by then, wait until the clock hits 3pm and then go outside. You’ll see a cutscene of Lan Wangji being punished by Lan Qiren using the discipline whip (ouch). From the cutscene, he was probably whipped a total of 33 times. But didn’t Lan Qiren say only once or twice is enough? Yes. There's probably a reason for this. We don't know yet.
-Lan Wangji doesn’t die. But after this he’ll go into seclusion. Now what you do after this is very crucial. You have to befriend Nie Huaisang. You must have at least 10 hearts with him and trigger one of his sub-events where he opens up to you about his brother and his sect’s fighting style. After a month of exchanging letters with Nie Huaisang, you’ll either receive a letter from Nie Huaisang (if you’re not married to Xichen) or a breakdown from your husband (if you married Xichen) about the death of Nie Mingjue
-Nie Huaisang will become more closed off after this. He’ll send you letters less and less. Unfortunately after this, I can’t find what to do next. I’m stuck :// If you’ve found what to do next, please reply!
Thank you for this!
Oh wow this looks so complicated
Any guide to a Su She route please?
Wow...to think I already had a difficult enough time finishing arc 2 TTTT I have to do all this to unlock Wangji’s hidden route
WAIT. YOU SAID ARC 2. Does this mean we can unlock an arc 3?
YOUR FUCKING MIND. YOU’RE RIGHT. MAYBE THAT’S WHAT WE’RE MISSING. OHMYGOD. IF I COULD I WOULD KISS YOUR BIG BRAIN
HOLY SHIT DID YOU JUST
Okay so this post is months old. What the fuck. BUT I DID IT. I FOUND OUT THE NEXT STEPS. THE HIDDEN ROUTE IS BASICALLY NEEDED FOR ARC 3. OR IT IS ARC 3. WHATEVER. BUT BOTTOMLINE IS THERE ARE TWO OFFICIALLY GAY PEOPLE IN GOC. ONE OF THEM IS HANGUANG-JUN.
Picking up from where @boywithluv left off. You CAN be married and still get this. BUT. It would be so much more difficult.
- First you have to go to Qinghe a month after Nie Mingjue dies. No matter what Nie Huaisang says (he will repeatedly tell you to stay away while pretending to not knowing anything), don’t listen to him. Go to Qinghe. You’ll see Huaisang still mourning. Then he’ll ask you stuff. It gets weird but it goes something like this
NHS: *insert name* do you think people who get revenge are bad people?
NHS: what if it was for their family?
No: I understand
NHS: You do huh...Nothing! Nothing! That was really nothing. I just read something in this book yesterday and it was fascinating.
NHS: Do you think...demonic cultivation is evil? Nevermind haha. I already know the answer to that. Just ignore me~ I was just thinking about Wei-xiong. We used to be classmates you know!
You: I do. You told me stories about him and Sect Leader Jiang.
NHS: Mhm! We even got drunk together in Cloud Recesses hehe. Wangji-xiong was so mad at us! But even more so at Wei-xiong! Especially when in the morning he saw that instead of doing his punishment properly Wei-xiong was just counting ants!
((now this is very important. What you say will determine how the story goes. You will be given a choice to either side with Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji or the last choice. I don’t remember what was said exactly but choose the last one. It’ll be a series of questions so just choose the options that will imply that Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian had a good relationship together and that Lan Wangji was happy with Wei Wuxian. NEVER imply that LWJ might not want WWX back. Don’t give him the idea that this would be a bad thing to do too. Feed his ideas of revenge.
Aht! Aht! I know what you’re thinking. But doesn’t Lan Wangji dislike Wei Wuxian? Absolutely not! That’s why you have to choose to let JC defeat WWX! The cutscene after that shows that despite everything LWJ still looked for WWX.))
- After this NHS will hum and go “I see, I see.” After this you can go back to Cloud Recesses. Now, because you weren’t the one who killed WWX you’ll be able to see LWJ’s adorable son. If you go to the back of Cloud Recesses where the bunnies are at around 6 am, you’ll be able to see LWJ and his son playing with the bunnies. It has the cutest scene and his son’s voice is adorable.
- A week later you’ll receive a letter from NHS thanking you. Now THIS is where it truly starts.
- The game will force a time skip of 13 years. This is when you’ll discover the name of LWJ’s son. His son’s courtesy name is Sizhui, cool right? If you try to ask Lan Xichen about it, he’ll get all misty eyed and just murmur the name Sizhui. It’s for a reason.
- You can also talk to Sizhui now! First time you’ll get to talk to him, he’ll be leaving on an investigation to Mo Village. After three days he’ll return with LWJ, the juniors, and a loud man. If you try to approach them if you’re not married to Xichen, he will glare at you until you go away. If you’re married to Xichen, he’ll ignore you but you can’t approach them.
- The day after, go to LQR’s room where they’re performing a spirit summoning ceremony. You’ll know because you’ll see disciples running towards the room. The man LWJ brought home is inside and playing a dizi. Sounds familiar?
- I don’t want to spoil anymore than this but I can assure you that after this scene, everything goes smoothly. There would be some epic villain battles (Xue Yang will come back for you to beat his ass!)
- Honestly after the scene with the mystery man playing the dizi, it should be obvious who it is.
- But one last thing. Sometime after, there’ll be an event where LXC will ask you if you want to join the other disciples in the Discussion Conference. YOU MUST JOIN! It’s a vital part of the story. And you’ll see how it all makes sense. If it doesn’t, go talk to LXC after it and he’ll explain to you.
- Another tip: if you have access to the Forbidden section of the library, take advantage of it and try to find a book about musical cultivation and resentful energy. It’ll really help to get a good ending but it’s not a requirement. LWJ and his partner will be able to solve this mystery on their own enough
- Lan Wangji is not straight. He’s gay. Source: the ending
I just finished the route and...WHAT THE FUCK
I KNOWWWW I’M SO SHOCKED. AND HAPPY. HAPPY SHOCKED
I KNEW THE MOMENT I SAW THIS MAN THERE WAS NO WAY HE’S STRAIGHT
TELL ME TELL ME I HAVEN’T FINISHED THIS ROUTE YET BUT I LIKE SPOILERS
[click for spoilers]
Lan Wangji has actually been in love with Wei Wuxian SINCE THE START. SINCE THE START OF THE GAME. SINCE THEY MET IN CLOUD RECESSES. AND Wei Wuxian has been in love too but in denial! That’s why no matter how much you flirt back with Wei Wuxian back then or confess to him, he won’t return it! And that’s why LWJ loses AP for you when you confess! In his heart and mind, there’s only Wei Wuxian
- His son is actually Wen Yuan! If you try to eavesdrop on their late night conversation while traveling with the juniors, WWX will mention missing a 4 year old kid named Wen Yuan. He’ll also sound terribly choked and near crying.
- Later on Wen Ning comes back. After the Second Siege in Burial Mounds, you and the other cultivators will rest in Yungmeng. You’ll see Wen Ning see Sizhui and try to approach him. I think around this time Sizhui has gotten a clue on who he is. He and Wen Ning will leave to talk. A few hours later they’ll come back and Sizhui looks happy.
- If you’re close enough with Lan Xichen, he’ll tell you about how his brother was whipped 33 times by the discipline whip for hurting 33 elders. He fought and wounded them because he wanted to protect Wei Wuxian during the Battle in Nightless City. It was only afterwards that he discovered Wei Wuxian died and he flew away in grief. But when he came back, he had Sizhui, who was still A-Yuan back then. Lan Wangji was so overcome with grief he even drank and branded himself. It’s so sad and heartbreaking actually because you can feel how helpless LXC felt like seeing his brother lose himself to his grief. Sizhui was his brother’s light.
- If you stay long enough to pay the game even after completing arc 3, you can even attend Wangxian’s wedding
- Lan Wangji is gay. Suck it hets.
OHMYGOD THANK YOU FOR COMPLETING THE GUIDE. I’m so happy I can see this all come to fruition. I was almost convinced I’ve just been hallucinating a hidden Lan Wangji route. I had my hunch that there was something going on with Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. There was no way you would continue to be around someone you claim to hate. Lan Wangji was just an emotionally constipated gay who doesn’t know how to accept compliments and love confessions. Because my god. I’ve never felt so frustrated like this. And i’ve done a run of GoC on maddening mode.
‘emotionally constipated gay who doesn’t know how to accept compliments and love confessions’
So you mean an Aquarius?
I’m so happy because all this time hets were claiming Wangji and i’ve never been more offended. Like. I know this man is Not Straight. Not at all
Im still wonder how we missed the signs of wwx being bi
We? Who’s we? You speak french now?
How have people missed the fact that wwx is bi he literally flirted with both mianmian and wangji. The latter being the target of his flirting for like. The entire game
It was the hetero colored lenses
I can’t believe they made wangji gay like this is against everything
Says me! Su She literally idolized him. You mean to tell me he idolized a gay man?
Do you like want the straightforward answer or the sarcastic one?
Homophobes aren’t allowed here
I’m not a homophobe! You’re the discriminatory one here! None of you want to post Su She’s route!
Listen here sushi, there’s no Su She’s route. Because Su She’s the bad guy. Bad guys don’t get happy endings. Bad guys like Su She get killed. He doesn’t even get an on screen death. He’s just mentioned to have died like an afterthought. From his birth to his end, he is and will always be a second rate background character
[comment deleted by a moderator]
[comment deleted by a moderator]
[comment deleted by a moderator]
Yikes is she saying homophobic stuff again?
No. She kept on asking for a Su She route guide. It was annoying
Topic: GoC Official Discussion Conference
Page 1 of 102 [2213 posts]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...80
ALL RIGHT EVERYONE SETTLE DOWN. After a year of waiting we’re finally getting news about the game again. I just came home from the Official Discussion Conference where they announced EVERYTHING. Whew. It was so intense. But here we go
- MXTX will be making a new game called Heaven Officials Blessing. The trailer looks PROMISING. Unlike in GoC where you play a random cultivator, here you’re given the identity of Xie Lian who is known as the scrap-collecting god. Your mission is to ascend into heaven again. Or is it? Everyone seems to be excited for this so they didn’t reveal much after that but the trailer was ah-ma-zing.
- No game sequel for GoC :(( The team said they were satisfied with the direction it went so they didn’t want to change it. Yes they’re not making a sequel despite the success
- BUT. They will be releasing a special version, manhua, donghua, and novel of it based on the Wangji Hidden Route
- Remember how the routes have different names? Like with Yanli’s route, it’s called Blooming Lotus. With Mianmian it’s Golden Lion. With Zixuan it’s Yellow Path. For the Wangi hidden route it’s called Forgetting Envies. It’s the only route name to deviate from the adjective noun format
- MXTX confirmed that Forgetting Envies is the best route for all parties involved. Except for Jin Guangyao lovers. She said she was quite surprised that it took so long for the fandom to discover it. A fan shouted, “Getting the route was hell!” Everyone laughed. But it really was hell though.
- THE TRAILERS FOR THE NEW GOC CONTENT ARE SO GOOD
- GOC SPECIAL IS TITLED Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation
- BITCHCHHHHLAD REMEMBER HOW WE WERE SO FRUSTRATED WE NEVER GOT WWX’S SIDE OF THE STORY??? HOW WE KNEW HE WAS RIGHT BUT WE CAN’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT??? THIS IS ITTTT
- AHHHHH EVERYTHING ABOUT THE NEW CONTENT WILL BE WANGXIAN ROUTE FOCUSED. IT WON’T BE Y/N DATING GAME. YOU’LL BE PLAYING USING WWX’S POV
- PRE-ORDERS START NEXT WEEK!!!