Actions

Work Header

When actions just aren't enough

Summary:

Keigo was acting oddly.

He always acted oddly, but lately it had gotten concerning with how long it had went on for. And Bakugou didn’t get concerned about people, never mind annoying idiots like his maybe-boyfriend. He wasn’t sure what they were but privately he called them ‘lovers’ but didn’t dare to say it out loud, knowing it would sound far too intimate. They went places together, like the cinema and the shops and... that was it, actually. They had sex and (Bakugou would never say it out loud unlike Keigo who crowed about it for days) they cuddled. Their relationship hadn’t really changed.

Honestly, what did he have to do to fix whatever was wrong?

 

(I swear the actual story is better than the summary)

Notes:

This is a sequel to 'Oh god, they were roommates' and it's purely self-indulgent. I swear it's alright. Anyway, I didn't expect the prequel to be so well received and honestly, thank you. I don't know why I like this pairing so much but if anyone's interested in writing it, please do. If you don't have any ideas then just do what I do and look up prompts online. Seriously, I want to read more BakuHawks.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

Keigo was acting oddly.

He always acted oddly, but lately it had gotten concerning with how long it had went on for. And Bakugou didn’t get concerned about people, never mind annoying idiots like his maybe-boyfriend. He wasn’t sure what they were but privately he called them ‘lovers’ but didn’t dare to say it out loud, knowing it would sound far too intimate. They went places together, like the cinema and the shops and... that was it, actually. They had sex and (Bakugou would never say it out loud unlike Keigo who crowed about it for days) they cuddled. Their relationship hadn’t really changed.

They still lived together and nothing in their routine was different. Except there were small changes that occurred, making Bakugou question just when he had stopped being intimidating and instead became accommodating for his moronic housemate. Some of the changes included when Keigo would drag him, half asleep, to the living room to watch a movie at night, or how he would sometimes just grab onto Bakugou, pulling the younger to him so they were having a one sided hug, or when Bakugou himself baked for Keigo after he came home all mopey. But that last one didn’t count, in Bakugou’s opinion. After all, what self respecting person wouldn’t bake or cook for their downtrodden housemate just so they could see a smile appear on their face?

(Bakugou graciously chose to ignore the fact that before they had sort of started ‘dating’ he would never have done such a thing for Keigo).

It had been six months since that... night. That night when Bakugou confessed to being alright with not keeping his and Keigo’s relationship on a purely sexual level. Sure, they still did stuff that never failed to make him blush, but there were other things, as mentioned before.

But yeah, going back to Bakugou’s latest concern: Keigo was acting out of character. Normally, Bakugou would complain about how touchy Keigo was, always hugging and kissing him in ways that made him feel like he was in some cliché romance movie, and perhaps he would grumble half-heartedly to himself that Keigo didn’t need to say “I love you” almost daily (the first time it happened had been remarkably casual and Bakugou had almost missed it, seeing as how he had just woken up, but when his brain computed what had been said, he nearly had a heart attack. Keigo had been so panicked when Bakugou started to cough violently, having choked on air, but would later laugh about it like the douchebag he was).

Still, just because he complained didn’t mean he secretly didn’t like them. Yes, he was peeved by the actions, but it was definitely noticeable when they just... stopped. When Keigo wouldn’t press a kiss to his forehead before he left, instead rushing out the door with a distracted “see ya”. When they would be in bed together and Keigo wouldn’t try anything, even in a teasing manner. When Bakugou was washing the dishes and Keigo would perhaps make small talk but would otherwise stand away from Bakugou.

It all made Katsuki feel... cold.

He didn’t realise just how much he wanted – just how much he needed – someone to do all those things but he couldn’t actually do anything about it because they were more than friends. The absence of all the little things that gave Bakugou some warmth just unsettled him. There was nothing else to it. It felt wrong, and weird, to have experienced the small things for such a long time, only for them to disappear without warning.

The first few times it happened, Bakugou hadn’t taken any notice. It was on the third day that a voice in the back of his head said something was up. It was on the fifth day that he acknowledged the problem, but let it be, assuming everything would go back to normal. It was on the second week that Bakugou couldn’t deny the distance Keigo was putting between them, and found that he was actually hurt by the revelation.

Sitting at the table, he groaned softly, his head dropping onto the wood as he scowled to himself. This was stupid. He was stupid. So what if Keigo wasn’t doing things he’d normally be doing? It didn’t mean anything. They still did shit together, and Keigo was almost always the one to instigate them. Sure he would be hesitant most of the time, but that could just be because of something at work (which was still a mystery to Bakugou who had tried to figure out what Keigo did and always got a cheeky grin in return).

Right. Something at work. Should Bakugou ask? Should he try to find out what was wrong from the source or should he ask someone else? Like Dabi. Yeah, that sounded like a good idea, Bakugou thought.

He stood, grabbing his keys and swiftly leaving, knowing that Keigo was off with some friends so he had about three hours to figure out the problem and come up with a way to fix it. Or at least try and help.


“I haven’t noticed anything wrong with Takami.” Dabi said when Bakugou tried to explain his problem.

They were in a house as miserable and dark as the two occupying it (Dabi and some asshole Bakugou had never liked, called Shigaraki). Dabi was stretched out on the couch, looking for all the world like a cat, while Katsuki perched on the arm of said couch and looked down at Dabi with an irritated look.

“Maybe you’re just imagining things.” Dabi suggested and Bakugou rolled his eyes.

“I’m not,” he snapped. “Look, do you know anything that could be bothering him?”

Dabi hummed to himself, shifting so he was on his back and he shrugged at Katsuki, “No. Not really. What’s he doing that’s got you all concerned. It’s fucking weird seeing you like this.”

Bakugou scowled at him, “Shut up. I’m just worried.”

Dabi waved his arms in Bakugou’s direction, “That’s what I mean! Anyways, what’s changed?”

Well, Bakugou couldn’t tell Dabi what had changed, could he? It was all too embarrassing and would undoubtedly cause them to waste their precious two and a half hours left while Dabi rolled on the floor and laughed. Because the little shit had no idea how to stick to the main theme of a conversation and to ignore the details.

Scowling, Bakugou crossed his arms as he said, “I don’t know. That’s the thing. He’s still being weird and shit, but it’s like he’s avoiding me most of the time. And then when he does want us to hang out together, he’s all silent and mopey like your creepy housemate.”

Dabi didn’t look phased by Katsuki’s comment about Shigaraki, instead looking thoughtful and for the first time since he came to Dabi for help, Bakugou thought he could actually find out just what the hell was wrong. A few moments passed in which Dabi had his brows furrowed and Bakugou could practically see the gears turning in his head. Then, he snapped his fingers and pointed at Bakugou.

“Maybe he wants to break up!”

For a moment, he looked proud of himself, then he deflated and avoided looking at Bakugou who had frozen at having his third worst scenario (two being Keigo dying, and number one being Keigo planning to kill him while he slept) said out loud. Especially by an outside party like Dabi.

“Uh... I probably shouldn’t say that to you, huh? Um... maybe I’ve got it wrong. I mean, Takami’s not the type of person to drag things out longer than necessary. Besides, it’s Valentine’s in three days. A romantic like Keigo would have broken up with you ages ago to avoid ruining the holiday, or whatever.”

That somehow managed to comfort Bakugou, which he felt said something about how desperate he was to not have the third worst scenario occurring. Jeez, he was pathetic.

“When did you start to notice he was acting off?” Dabi redirected the conversation. “Did you do anything?”

Bakugou thought about it. There hadn’t been anything significant that had happened. He couldn’t even think of a moment when either of them had acted out of the ordinary, until the jarring shift in Keigo’s behaviour. Although...

When Bakugou spoke, it was more hesitantly than he would have liked, “Well...”

“Well?” Dabi prompted, actually sitting up to listen to Bakugou.

“There was this one moment when Keigo got really defensive about this girl who was flirting with me. I told him he was being irrational since I’m not interested in girls anyway-”

“Ooh,” Dabi hissed, sounding pained. Bakugou glared at him and he held his hands up in surrender. “I’m sorry! But you probably should have said that he shouldn’t have been worried because you love him.”

Bakugou twitched at the word ‘love’ which didn’t go missed if Dabi’s narrowed eyes were any indication as he leaned forwards expectantly.

“You do, love him, don’t you?”

“Of course I fucking do,” Bakugou exclaimed hotly, before he faltered. “It’s just... weird, I guess, to actually say it.”

Dabi’s eyes widened suddenly, but before Bakugou could question it, he leaped up, blurting out, “I know what this is about!”

Bakugou was taken aback by the sudden change of atmosphere, and Dabi calmed down a bit, sitting back down on the couch as he rapidly began to explain.

“Okay, so Takami came in here a few weeks ago-”

“That’s when he started acting weird,” Bakugou muttered to himself and Dabi nodded.

“Yeah, he was talking about some movie, right, and the conversation moved onto you. I asked him how serious your relationship was, actually, and he was all like ‘oh it’s great’. Then we got to talking about it and he said something about how he wasn’t sure if you felt the same way he did, and then- oh.”

Dabi looked very wary of Bakugou all of a sudden, which in turn made Bakugou very cautious of Dabi.

“What is it?”

“I may or may not have told him that the best way to find out if someone loves you is to withdraw until they say it?” Dabi’s voice got a tad higher at the end, making his statement into a question as Bakugou stared at him.

“Are you fucking kidding me?!” Bakugou’s voice turned into a shout at the end. “Three weeks I’ve been thinking something was weird! Three! Weeks! I’ve been worried for what? Because you gave him advice to draw in on himself?!” He was fuming, although he didn’t know if he should be mad.

“It was just some stupid advice! I didn’t know it would get you worried enough to come to me!”

“How can he even think I don’t love him?” Bakugou exclaimed, hands thrown in the air as he rested his head on the back of the couch. “I don’t get it.”

“Have you ever said you loved him?” Dabi asked and Bakugou went to respond, his mouth opening before it snapped shut.

“Well... I haven’t actually said that I love him. It’s too sappy for me to say.”

“Ah, right, well that’s probably the problem. I know everyone’s always saying ‘actions speak louder than words’.”

Bakugou coughed to hide his laugh at the falsetto voice Dabi used at the end of his statement.

“But sometimes words speak louder than words, you know?”

Bakugou just gave him a blank stare until Dabi sighed, running a hand over his face.

“O-okay. Listen. I know you’re shit at emotions or whatever, but you’ve really got to try. And I do know that you’ve been trying. Takami loves to talk about you.”

They both rolled their eyes, although Bakugou felt almost... happy, when he heard that. Disgruntled and embarrassed, but happy.

“But maybe he just needs some reassurance that you love him. And hey, it’s not that hard to tell that you’re not the kind of guy that can say things like that easily.” Bakugou glared but couldn’t really rebuke it. “So if you say you love him then he’ll know that you do.”

Dabi shrugged, as if admitting feelings was easy. It was something that the two of them shared, and Bakugou had to say he hated it sometimes. Now was one of those times.

“Okay, but how the fuck do I do that?” Bakugou asked. He could do a lot of things for Keigo, and once he even got into an actual bar brawl when someone touched him inappropriately, but emotions were so fucking complicated. Give him a pipe and he’ll bash someone’s skull in for messing with Keigo. But words? Yeah, Bakugou would have to pass.

Meanwhile, Dabi looked clueless, “I don’t know. Maybe do it on Valentine’s day. I know that Keigo thinks buying chocolates and roses and shit is overrated, but he does like the holiday. Cook him something. I don’t fucking know, he’s your boyfriend.”

“And you’re the reason I’m even having this conversation right now.” Bakugou shot back and they both glared at each other before looking away, sighing.

Privately, Bakugou hoped that this was the reason Keigo was acting off. Because if it wasn’t.... well, not only would Bakugou end up making a fool of himself, but he could also be making a potential breakup harder than it had to be. Fuck. Relationships were hard.

“Alright,” Bakugou said, standing up and glancing at the clock. An hour had passed, to his surprise, and he wanted to go back home so he wasn’t caught in the rain. “I’m going. I’d thank you for your help but you’re probably the reason I’m in this mess.”

Dabi shrugged, lying back down on the couch with an arm over his eyes, “It’s not my fault you’re so shit with feelings.”

Bakugou flushed, throwing a pillow at Dabi’s face and left the house grinning at the pained yelp he received in response.


The next two days felt like torture. They just seemed to drag out, and Bakugou hated them. With an idea in mind about what was wrong between him and Keigo, it took all of his willpower to not grab the man by the collar and just shake him; he didn’t see how Takami could possibly think that Bakugou didn’t love him. Asshole. Bakugou showed his affection in different ways, and Keigo knew it. So what if he didn’t confess his love every single day?

And Bakugou could admit that he could have said something, even if it was an offhand comment as Keigo was leaving the house. It had been six months, after all. Still, he refused to shoulder all the blame. Some of it lay on Dabi and Takami too.

Idiots, the both of them.

Keigo hadn’t let up on his aversion to touching Bakugou. Despite it being three weeks, Bakugou still found himself blinking in slight shock whenever Keigo would leave the house or go to bed or whatever without kissing him, or saying something like he used to do. Bakugou wasn’t controlling, he didn’t want to make Keigo do anything he was uncomfortable with, which was why he hadn’t pointed it out before (and because every time he’d consider doing so, he’d go red from imagined embarrassment). It was just that Keigo had made it a habit, and Bakugou liked it better when habits weren’t so viciously broken.

It was the night before Valentine’s, and Bakugou wanted to jump out of the window. He was lying in bed, facing it, and for the past twenty minutes had been seriously contemplating doing so. Keigo was fast asleep beside him, breath hot on the back of Bakugou’s neck. It was these moments, in bed together, that made Bakugou feel like everything had gone back to normal, where Keigo cuddled up to him even in his sleep and Bakugou couldn’t find it in him to push him away.

Then he’d feel like some creep, and he’d end up spending half an hour wondering if he should be enjoying the company of his sleeping boyfriend or not.
The night passed far too quickly, and it felt like between one blink and the next, a light switch had been flicked to turn outside from pitch black to bright and sunny. Well, as bright and sunny as a cloudy, drizzling February’s day could be.

Keigo was muttering in his sleep – again – and Bakugou was wondering if life really had to go on or if it could just take a break – again – before he slowly detached Keigo’s arms from him and got up. After over a year of living with Keigo and sleeping in the same bed as him, Bakugou had became an expert of getting up and ready without interrupting the man. Honestly, some days he felt like he deserved a medal for being able to keep his movements light and quick even when he was being weighed down by exhaustion.

Today, however, was not one of those days, because Bakugou was far too preoccupied with being nervous, embarrassed and angry at being nervous and embarrassed, to care about such a trivial thing as tiredness.

If he managed to sort things out between him and Keigo, the first thing he would do would be going to bed and sleeping until a new day began. As it was, though, he had a shower and ventured downstairs, uncharacteristically unsure about what he was going to do. Well, he knew what he was going to do, it was the execution that would take some work. And also require him to abandon his pride for a few minutes.

He’d opted to do mostly nothing until that night, when he would make a chicken curry (plain, but Keigo loved it) and try to not swallow his tongue as he tried to say “I love you” for the first time in... actually, now that he really thought about it, Katsuki had never told anyone that he loved them. Maybe he’d said as much to his parents when he was really young, but he couldn’t remember a single time he’d told someone that he loved them. Not even people in past relationships.

Bakugou huffed, opening the cupboards with far more force than necessary and all but slamming the pans onto the stove. Keigo really was a moron if he thought that Katsuki didn’t love him or whatever, when Bakugou was working himself into a panic just for the golden eyed idiot.

“Hey, what’s all that noise?” Keigo yawned, wandering into the kitchen.

It was clear he had just rolled out of bed, wearing only a pair of loose joggers that Katsuki knew for a fact had been stolen from Shigaraki after he and Bakugou continuously beaten Keigo and Dabi in different video games: it had been one of very few times that Shigaraki and Bakugou got along, much to Dabi and Keigo’s chagrin.

His hair was all mussed up and he looked like Mina’s cat whenever Kaminari picked her up when she was in the middle of a nap. It was (endearing, cute, adorable?) nice, to see Keigo looking and acting so... normal.

“I’m making pancakes,” Bakugou explained, rifling through the fridge and gagging at the smell coming from one of the jars Keigo kept in there.

The man in question brightened a little, “Pancakes? What kind?”

Oh god. Such a simple question with so many simple answers, and yet Bakugou considered it the first of many firsts that would happen that day. The first time he verbally expressed love, the first time he’d try and do nice things on Valentine’s (even when he hated the day because it was basically an advertisement for doing nice things for others you care about once a year but do nothing the rest of the time). This would be the first time he’d go out of his way to do what Keigo wanted.

“Um... you choose. What do you want?”

Keigo frowned ever so slightly at him, looking a little confused, before he answered with, “You know those chocolate chip pancakes you can do?” Upon seeing Bakugou’s nod, he continued. “Those would be nice.”

Okay. Now Katsuki was in his element. Cooking and baking, both things that he excelled in. This was good, this was very good. Now all he had to do was not fuck anything up with his personality. He wondered if perhaps he should ask Keigo some questions, making small talk that might hopefully turn into a full on conversation – something they hadn’t had for a while.

However, before he could do that, Keigo left the room, presumably to get dressed, and Bakugou ended up alone and drowning in his thoughts. He finished making the pancakes and placed them all on plates, putting everything in the sink for later, but it was all done on autopilot and if someone asked if he remembered any of it, his answer would be no. So when Keigo entered the kitchen again, Bakugou didn’t notice for a while. At least, he didn’t until he turned around, spotting Keigo leaning against the wall, jumping back in shock and accidently placing his hand on the still hot stove.

“Ack!”

He snatched his hand away, cursing at the shock of pain, and upon examining his palm, was glad to see he only had a minor burn. It hurt a bit, but it would heal up in two days, at least. Katsuki glanced up, reeling back in shock when he saw Keigo in front of him. The man grabbed a hold of his hand, looking at the burn with a frown, and once the initial sting of the burn being touched faded, he snapped at Keigo.

“Holy shit, bird brain! What’s with you and sneaking up on people? Jeez.”

He grumbled quietly to himself, before his brain caught up with his mouth and he stopped talking. Fuck. It wasn’t even nine o’clock and he couldn’t stop himself from acting like a jerk. It wasn’t Keigo’s fault he burned his hand, and if Bakugou had just been paying attention, Takami wouldn’t have been able to sneak up on him either time.

“You’re thinking too loudly.” Keigo remarked, leading Katsuki to the sink to run his hand under cold water.

Bakugou scowled, but held his tongue. He glanced back at the food and gestured to it.

“Food’s ready.”

Keigo looked up, smirking, and for a moment Bakugou could see remnants of his usual mischievous personality. Before the smirk dulled and fell flat.

“Yeah, kind of noticed that already. Smells lovely, Katsuki.”

Bakugou turned his face to focus on his hand, turning off the tap and going to get the food with his back to Keigo so he wouldn’t notice the deep frown on Bakugou’s face. That was another thing. Keigo just loved to call him things, weird little nicknames like “Kat” or “kitten” or just the regular sappy couples nicknames people had for each other such as “love” or “darling”. He very rarely called Bakugou “Katsuki”, unless they were in public. But even then he’d refer to Katsuki as “Kat” or “love”. Hell, he’d even adopted the nickname “fireball”, which his four idiot friends called him. Keigo had heard them call him it and would tease him relentlessly about the fact.

Still, it was weird to hear him call Bakugou by his full first name. Weird and annoying. Yes, Bakugou didn’t have to fake the irritation he showed whenever Keigo called him some new nickname, but Keigo was the only one allowed to call him that. Honestly, Bakugou normally hated the sort of nicknames Keigo called him, but because it was Keigo, he’d tolerated them and grown to semi-like them.

He plastered on a blank look when he faced Keigo again, passing him his pancakes and they made their way to the dining room. They ate in silence, neither one of them attempting to start up a conversation. Any other day, Bakugou would feel unease eating away at him with how awkward the atmosphere was, but he was too deep in thought to care.

The original plan had been for him to say he loved Keigo sometime after dinner, when both of their guards were lowered after eating and with how close night was. But was that the best time to do so? Maybe he should do it now. Or at noon? No. Keigo was going to ‘work’ so he would be leaving in an hour and wouldn’t be back until much later.

Before he knew it, he had finished his pancakes and was just sitting at the table, absorbed in his contemplations as he stared down at the empty plate. Distantly, he heard Keigo get up and take his plate to the sink, before heading upstairs.

It wasn’t until Keigo was back downstairs that Katsuki snapped out of his own thoughts to focus on what Keigo was saying, “I’ll be going now. See you at seven, Katsuki.”

Bakugou gritted his teeth, listening to Keigo’s footsteps as they headed out the door and on an impulse, decided that he would just tell his worries to fuck off because there was no time like the present. He all but ran to the door, slamming it back shut and locking it again, while Keigo stammered out a, “W-what are you doing?”

What was he doing? Well, Bakugou knew that if he waited any longer, he wouldn’t be able to say the words when the time came. They’d be locked in his throat, and he’d choke silently on them, unable to do anything but stand there, quiet and distant from Keigo. So he decided to do the riskiest thing he could do; in fact, it was probably the most dangerous option there was.

Bakugou decided to just wing it.

“Okay, listen up.” He started, already knowing that none of his words would come out gently. Bakugou made eye contact with Keigo who was glancing between Katsuki on the door, looking helplessly lost. But at least it wasn’t the blank slate Bakugou had had to look at every day for the past three weeks.

“I like you, alright. But you’ve been really fucking weird and- don’t interrupt.” He ordered sternly when Keigo opened his mouth to say something. “I don’t really know what’s been going on with you but it’s been made clear to me that I need to actually say something. Which we both know isn’t my forte so just don’t say anything and let me speak.”

He stopped, taking a moment to just breath. Keigo was still staring at him in confusion, but curiosity was also seeping in.

“I-” He faltered. Bakugou cursed himself, cursed Keigo, and cursed Dabi. This was not the kind of situation he could deal with! “I l- I lo- Look, I lo-”
He averted his eyes, frustration mounting and he crossed his arms defensively, huffing. Because his eyes were cast downwards, he missed the small, fond smile on Keigo’s face.

“Ugh. Goddammit! How can you just throw those words out there every day?! It’s too fucking hard to say, holy shit. But I just wanted to say that I lov- fucking hell. Bastard. You’re a damn bastard for being emotionally competent, geez.”

Bakugou stopped when he heard a snicker coming from above him. When he looked back up, he narrowed his eyes at how Keigo had a hand over his mouth, eyes shining in mirth as he muffled his laughter.

“Oh, fuck you, bastard. It’s not my fault I can’t finish my damn sentence. At least I’m trying to say it!”

“You’re so cute when you get angry, Kat.” Keigo told him.

Bakugou flushed in a mixture of anger and embarrassment, “Shut up! I’m trying to be nice and you’re just laughing!”

Keigo shook his head, “Honestly, kitten. Being nice isn’t your strong suite and we both know it. Don’t worry. I can wait until you’re ready to say those words to me, ‘kay?”

Bakugou offered him a hesitant smile, hating how relieved he was that Keigo was acting like himself again. Then his eyes widened and he looked back at the door.

“Uh... you were going to work, right? Um, you’d better get going if you don’t want to be late.”

He stepped out of the way but Keigo didn’t move. Instead he smirked and pulled Katsuki to him, kissing him softly. He pulled away to speak, still keeping a grip on Bakugou who was trying his best not to smile.

“I think I can stay at home today. After all, it is Valentine’s day. One day off work to keep my boyfriend in bed can’t hurt, right?”

Bakugou blushed, having gone three weeks without these kinds of comments from Keigo and felt totally unprepared for their return, “Idiot. You can’t just skip work. It’s-”

He cut himself off, clenching his jaw shut as Keigo grinded against him, pulling them flush against each other. Keigo leaned in for another kiss that momentarily made Bakugou forget his argument, and he instead melted into it, wrapping his arms around Keigo’s neck.

They pulled away and Katsuki ran his hands through Keigo’s hair, muttering, “Well, I suppose just one day off wouldn’t kill anyone.”

“I could say I’m off sick,” Keigo offered. “Tomorrow, of course.”

“If you’re sick,” Katsuki mused. “You really should be in bed.”

“I couldn’t agree more, Kat.”


Later that night, they were sitting next to each other on the couch. Keigo refused to wipe his smug grin off of his face no matter how much Katsuki threatened him, but all it would take would be for Keigo to look down at the marks he had left on Bakugou, who would instantly shut up and blush, gaze skittering away.

Keigo had pleaded with Katsuki to watch a romantic movie that made him cringe all the way through. Actually, ‘pleaded’ wasn’t the right word, when Keigo only had to ask Bakugou once; bastard that he was, however, Keigo only asked when Bakugou was busy getting ready after a long shower, meaning that he was only half paying attention to what his boyfriend was saying.

The result of that was this picture: Keigo’s head in Bakugou’s lap as they watched some cheesy romance movie, with the both of them only wearing tops and their underwear, and as Keigo became engrossed in the film, Bakugou had taken it upon himself to thread his fingers through Takami’s hair. For all of his complaints about romance films filled with calm domesticity, the two of them were the poster couple for domestic moments as they watched the film.

As the movie came to a close, Katsuki was too wiped out to move, so Keigo ended up carrying him up the stairs, internally cooing when Bakugou cuddled up to him but was well aware that if he spoke about it to the person in question, he would get a brick to the face.

“C’mon,” Keigo murmured as he pulled the covers up and over Bakugou. “There.”

He took a moment to look at his lover. Just a precious five seconds in which Keigo marvelled at the beauty he had for a boyfriend, not to mention how cute he thought Bakugou was. This opinion was only really shared by him and Dabi, however, as anyone who had ever met Bakugou would give him the most disbelieving looks whenever he suggested that the fearsome, takes no bullshit Bakugou Katsuki could ever be considered adorable.

Guess I’m just lucky to see you like this. Keigo thought to himself, smiling softly as he pressed a gentle kiss to Katsuki’s forehead.

As he got into bed next to Bakugou, Keigo made a mental note to get Dabi some of those sour gummy worms he liked in thanks. To Keigo, it appeared that listening to Dabi’s advice actually paid off occasionally.

He closed his eyes, pulling Katsuki to his chest and then, ever so softly that it was like a breeze, Bakugou whispered against his skin.

“Love you, Kei.”

It was practically whispered in a tone that told Keigo he was too asleep to know what he was saying, and he’d likely not remember this in the morning. Yet it warmed Keigo to hear Katsuki say those words, and couldn’t wait to hear them being said aloud under the sun where memories were cherished instead of forgotten. He hadn’t been lying when he said he could wait until Katsuki was ready to lay out his feelings to Keigo, but still Takami couldn’t help but wish that the day would come in the near future.

“I love you too, Kat.”

Notes:

I hope you enjoyed reading this. If anyone who reads this has any ideas for this AU, please comment them. I would love to add to this but it'll just be in one-shot instalments if I do. Anyways, have a nice day/night.

Series this work belongs to: