Actions

Work Header

Mansion

Summary:

TRIGGER WARNING!
.
The first time she noticed she couldn't believe...
(After Grodd)
.
.
.
.
All the characters belong to CW's the flash series.
Title from the song mansion by NF

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: When they finally looked...

Chapter Text

It was the first time Caitlin took a look at him without suspense. Eversince he came after her in Grodd's lair. She wasn't afraid of him anymore. It was the first time she actually saw Harry, not Reverse flash's doppelganger Harry, but just Harry and she was concerned.
There were few bruises on his right arm were he landed on it on the concrete ground, some more along side his ribs, a dark bruise along side his spine where Barry had slammed him against the wall mistaking him with the old Wells and a deep gash at his left side right above his hip bone. She had to give him some stitches and, man that was gonna leave a scar...

And yet none of these worried her. What worried her was the fact that she could count his ribs one by one from the other side of the room, or the fact that how his hip bone was sticking out, or the fact that she could actually see his spine vertebrae by vertebrae and there were old bruises alongside it. How much workout has this guy done?
He was putting on his shirt not seeing the look in her eyes. She looked away and her eyes locked with Cisco's for a brief moment. Seeing the concerned look in his eyes as well actually caught her off guard. Cisco wasn't the biggest fan of the scientist and seeing that he actually was worried about him did ring an actual alarm in her head.

Cisco looked at him from the door of the medbay . He knew the man was thin and tall but without all the layers of clothes and his always present black jacket, the picture in front of him looked kinda disturbing. He could literally count his bones under the skin that was stretched thin on top of them. Was he always this pale or was it just the injury? He remembers seeing him getting a big belly burger few times, and did Caitlin mentioned sth about the restaurant before? Was this the reason of her troubled look towards the man as well? The thoughts kept appearing on the back of his head but at the moment they had a bigger problem. First they'll handle Grodd he thought and then I'll talk to Caitlin. He was probably just over reacting right?

__________________________

Cisco dropped his backpack on the chair in the corner of his workshop. It has been a long yet productive day. They've done it; Thanks to Henry's presence Barry finally started to run again. Grodd was sent to earth 2 as safely as you can send a giant gorilla across the multiverse and now they had a plan against zoom. And surprisingly most of it happened because of Harry. The guy was starting to find his place in the team. And he was helping them with the cases that were no help to him in his search for his daughter which said a lot about the guy. He might has been a grumpy self-absorbed bastard but he didn't seem to be a bad guy after all and Cisco has already started a hint of affection for the guy. If he could go pass the dark sarcasm, his ego and twelve ways he attacked everyone around him to shut people out, maybe they even could become friends or something in the future.

Thinking of the man also brought up the former thoughts he was having. Was everything okay with Harry? Well aside from the fact that super villain speedster had kidnapped and was going to kill his daughter. Or maybe that was it. he must have been really stressed about the whole thing , Cisco thought. He has been through that stress before when snart had his brother and it was no fun. Being in that place for months, Cisco thought to himself, would take it's tool on the guy. Reminding himself to discuss this with Caitlin later he headed to the cortex where everyone else was.

"You're finally here now we can decide!" Exclaimed Iris clearly bored with the ongoing discussion. "Decide what?" Cisco asked already interested.
"I think now that Grodd's taken care of and Harry is officially part of the team and well Barry is back on his legs, maybe we should do a little, you know, team fest?" She looked at him pleading as if asking him to take her side. "I mean nothing big, we can go just grab a dinner or sth" she added. Actually considering everything it didn't seem like a bad idea. They could have spent some time to themselves as a team and he could read some theories before he talks to Caitlin. " I think that's a good idea... We haven't done that in a while aaannnddd..." He added with excitement " there is this new AWESOME Chinese right around the corner."
"I say let's go for it" answered Barry with a smile and Joe nodded his agreements with a amused look on his face. How did he ended up with so many kids?
" I say that's a great idea" said Caitlin with excitement , " what do you say Harry?" She asked. It didn't go unnoticed to Cisco the way she watched him. As if he was new sample of unknown substance under her microscope and she was waiting for the test results. That's when it hit him. He wasn't the only one thinking something was wrong with the older scientist. He wasn't overreacting, they were already on the same page on this. He looked at him too waiting for his response.
" I... I think I'll pass" Harry said rubbing the back of his head as if thinking. " It'll be fun, man. If it's because of how you look don't worry about it. It's late and probably no one's there." Barry said. He knew going out wearing the face of a wanted murderer wasn't the best idea. " No it's not that, I mean it is that too now that you mentioned it but it's not that. It's just I was up all night and my body kinda feels sore after..." He moved his hands around a little as if trying to explain the Grodd incident in one movement, " and I feel like I should actually get some rest. A shower perhaps too" he continued. Cisco saw it though the way his words came out in rush. And even though he didn't know him much he knew he wasn't the type who get rest willingly. He shrugged it off for the moment. Sharing a look with Caitlin they knew everything they needed at the moment. Saying goodbye everyone eventually left leaving the man alone for the night.

He went to the small room he had found the other day. Leaving his jacket on the ground he laid down on the bed. It was quiet at nights in S.T.A.R labs. It gave him chills sometimes how small he felt staying alone inside the building. It was too big for him to feel safe. But why would he? His daughter wasn't safe either. His mind answered. Jesse... He has to find a way to save her before it's too late. His bed was facing the door which he couldn't take his eyes of thinking anything can walk through that door. So it's one of those nights, he thought to himself bitterly. He needed to clear his head if he wanted to find a way to save Jesse. Harry jumped out of the bed but stopped as a wave of dizziness hit him grabbing a small bedside table for balance. He straightened his back after a moment and went to sit on the hard concrete ground behind the bed in the other end of the room avoiding the door . Bringing his knees to his chest, he crossed his arms behind his head and went down.He took a deep breath pushing up and started to count. This could help him clear his head. Harry repeated the action, ignoring the sick feeling in the pit of his stomach as he continued to count.

________________________________

"Do you mind if I walk you home Cait?" Asked Cisco following her out of the door. "Sure" she said with a smile offering him her hand. They walked in a comfortable silence for a while till he decided it was time. " Do you think Harry is ok?" He asked out of nowhere. She looked at him not answering for a bit. " You saw that too?" She asked with a sigh. "Yeah" Cisco said.
"Maybe we should just ask him and get over with it?" He asked impatiently. " Caitlin shook her head and sat on a bench on the sidewalk motioning Cisco to join beside her.

" Maybe we should try to get some more information at first... You know make sure how bad it is or somehow find out how long it's been going on or why... I just don't want to scare him away... He's already just too much... Harry you know. We can't just ask him. I just feel like We're not there yet." She finally stopped talking taking a breath. Cisco considered her opinion. She was right. They weren't that close yet. He sighed and said ok squeezing her hand in a reassuring movement. He stood up helping her on her feet as well. They talked about different things from science to personal life. But he couldn't help but notice the weird feeling that was there eversince they left the restaurant.

______________________________

It was 10:30 in the morning and so far Centeral City seemed to be having a quiet day. Barry and Joe went to CCPD for a case and Iris went to CCPN to finish her reports which meant it was only Cisco, Caitlin and Harry in the lab. Caitlin was getting ready to get brunch at Jitters with Jay. As friends, apparently as she kept insisting. Yeah sure. Cisco thought poffing air out of his chest with a chuckle. "What's so funny?" Asked Caitlin putting on her coat. "Nothin, just remembered sth funny. Speaking of fun..." He got up from his chair." I'm gonna go find Harry. Hasn't seen his annoying ass since last night." He said walking out of the door taking the long way instead of elevator toward the corridor down to the break rooms where Harry was staying. He hasn't seen him all day and he has already checked the workshops. Maybe he has gone out or something. A vibration in his left pocket disturbed his thoughts. Looking at his vibrating phone he saw the security system has notified Barry and Iris entering the building. Putting the phone back in his pocket He went straight to his door, knocking on the frame of the already open door. Getting no answer, Cisco entered the room slowly. "Haarrrryy" he half said half sang. He looked around. The bedsheets were twisted and unmade. There was a jacket on the ground near the door. The lamp was on. He moved a little bit more toward the bed, rounding the corner. "OhMyGod!" He said gasping bringing his hand to his mouth. He rushed forward kneeling beside Harry's still form. He was pale. His body was fetal position, his muscles tight, he was shaking and a thin layer of cold sweat on his forehead. His face was screwed as if in pain. Cisco shook him slightly. Getting no response he got into action " dammit Harry, what did you do" he muttered pulling his phone out calling Barry. " Hey...Cisco, where are you guys there is a case ..." Barry started without a pause.

" Barry stop... Whatever it is it can wait. I need you now. Harry's room. Something is wrong" and with that Cisco hung up. A second later there was a bolt of lightning and Barry was standing in front of him. " What happened here?" He asked confused looking at Harry kneeling beside him. " Take him to the medbay, I'll call Caitlin." Cisco said. Barry nodded taking Harry's body in his arm frowning at how light he felt for his age for a second and rushing to the medbay.

Iris, Joe and Cisco were sitting around the cortex while Jay and Caitlin were taking care of Harry in the medbay. Barry has left few minutes ago after a small talk with Caitlin. A woosh broke the silence same time as The pair of doctors entered the cortex. "So?" Asked Caitlin the question pointed at Barry. He moved uncomfortably around the main table joining the others." It was in his workshop, his bedroom even one hidden at the corner of the breach room under the table we keep tools on" Barry answered. He looked both shocked and sad at the same time. " What were... What's going on?" Asked Joe clearly wanting to be involved in the conversation asap. " Caitlin sent me to check if there was any place that Harry kept food hidden or thrown it away around his spots." He answered taking a sit beside Iris. When he got Cisco's call he thought at first that his friend found a sign of betrayal in the old man's room but he wasn't ready at all for the scene that greeted him. Harry was on the floor shaking and in pain. He brought the man to the medbay in a second deeply disturbed by the fact that how light he felt in his arms. It was like he was carrying a bag of bones. Harry was tall and a always black style gave this good looking vibe around him in his opinion but he had no idea what was hidden under all those oversized shirts and sweaters and his constant black jacket. When he looked around Harry's room and workshops he understood. There were boxes and trashcans full of different kinds of snacks and food or drink bottles. All opened but not eaten more than few bites. Many untouched. From all the scenarios in his head this wasn't something he prepared for.
"How is he?" What's going on?" Asked Cisco and Iris at the same time. " We hooked him to a dextrose IV and added some vitamins, but his blood pressure and glucose levels seem to be too low yet so it's gonna be hours till he wakes up. Also some torn stitches that are taken care of now. U know what I'm going out for a while" Said Jay the last sentence meant for Caitlin as he walked out. He still looke rather annoyed that his brunch was disturbed which was stupid in Cisco's opinion. Shooting him a glare he looks back at Caitlin nodding. She took a sit in front of everyone. Looking a bit nervous before she started to talk.

"So Cisco and I were worried about Harry eversince Grodd. You know how his always pale and moody and seeing him without his normal clothes we noticed how thin he is. He even obviously has lost some eversince he got here and it was all in a unhealthy very unhealthy fashion. He does a way too much workout, Eats little and is always working and stressed. We were going to wait. To Gather some more information and get closer to him but I think we don't have time for that. We need to do sth about it. We need to do it fast... "

"Caitlin what are you saying?" Asked Joe. "Well now what?" He continued.

Caitlin shifting his gaze from Harry's body and focusing on the rest.
" Well we believe Harry has an eating disorder.
.
.
TBC
(PROBABLY)