Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-07-14
Completed:
2020-07-14
Words:
7,614
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
18
Kudos:
136
Bookmarks:
16
Hits:
1,159

To Capture a Pinetress

Summary:

It has been three years since Dipper played Mindscape. A VR MMORPG fantasy role play game. He had made tones of in-game friends and even has an in-game husband. They recently decided to have a meet up in the real world. How will the others react when they discover Pinetress isn’t who she says she is?

Notes:

I had this idea for a while and seeing that I didn't see many did this au ( if there is any please link me in the comment) I thought of writing one. It took me a long time to finally write them down. Please enjoy it :)

*This fic was heavily influenced by the manga 1/2 prince and Winter Moon. Please check them out.
*English isn't my native language forgive me if there's any grammar / spelling errors.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Mindscape VR Game experience

Chapter Text

“Tri!!!” scream the elf priestess who is currently trying so hard to heal her party members.

 

“Yes babe?” the sorcerer grins as he cast another flame spell on the dragon.

 

“Why do you HAVE to taunt the damn dragon!” she screamed as she cast a quick boost for her team’s attack and defence.

 

Thank goodness she is level 175 or they would have died way early on the quest.

 

“But where’s the fun of just killing the beast if you can tease him a bit? And why should I worry when I have my lovely wifu who will heal us when we needed the most” the sorcerer said winking and blowing a kiss.

 

The priestess rolled her eyes and focus on just healing and buffing her teammates. The rest of the team also rolled their eyes used to the sorcerer’s flirtatious behaviour especially around his priestess wife.

 

Another ten minutes in, they manage to kill the dragon and complete the quest. All of them went back to town to retrieve their reward and have a good break at the tavern.

 

“You know, you act like a REAL married couple,” StarShooter said as she takes a huge gulp at her drink.

 

“Well, for your information we are a real married couple” tRiLuMiNaTi said as he sips his drink in one hand while his other arm wrapped around the priestess.

 

“HANDS OFF” Pinetress said as she slaps the hand wrapping around her waist.

 

“And no. Nope. We are not married in real life. We never even met before in real life!” she standing and moved to the seat next to the archer. This made tRiLuMiNaTi physically pout while StarShooter giggles as she passes Pinetress a bowl of fruits.

 

“Hey! Maybe we should do that!” Ruzsa slams his hands on the table as he said that. His heavy armour and strength caused the table to shake, which caused some of the drinks to spill out.

 

“But when and where should we meet up? Hmmmmmm…” Ruzsa taps his chin.

 

“Why not next month? There’s a game convention in California. I heard the Game Developer will be giving convention only items” DazzlingLma said as she cleana the spilt drink on her brand new outfit.

 

“How do you know about that?” StarShooter turned her head towards the thief.

 

“Oh just some inside information” DazzlingLma said looking at her gloved nails.

 

“More like she was reading the forum. The developer just made that announcement minutes ago while you guys were out chasing dragons” SandwichLover said as he joined the table discussion.

 

“Hey Sandwich man! Finally finished that solo dungeon you’ve been nagging about yesterday?”  tRiLuMiNaTi move closer to Pinetress.

 

“Yeah, it was easier than I thought. Thanks for the advice on enhancing my lancer before entering the dungeon” sitting at the space made for him.

 

“Nah, no biggie. See that Pinetress! You shoul-“

 

“ANYWAY! Back to the Convention! I need details! And can we really meet up at the con?” Ruzsa cut off tRiLuMiNaTi.

 

“Sure, I’ve sent you all the details in your mailbox. Check it out later. I need to go now. Bye guys!” DazzlingLma said as she logged off.

 

“OMG! It’s this late? I have school tomorrow! See you later guys!” Ruzsa said as he too logged off.

 

“Soo… it’s just us? Wanna get intimate with another quest my dear Pinetress” tRiLuMiNaTi purr at her ears as he pulled her by the waist.

 

“Haha.. Nope. I have stuff to do tomorrow. Logging off” she said but received a kiss on the cheek making her paused for a while.

 

“Love you darling. See you tomorrow” tRiLuMiNaTi said before seeing her disappear.

 

“Sooooo… are you guys planning to log out to or…..” StarShooter said looking at the two men in front of her.

 

“How about another raid? I heard there will be one soon?” tRiLuMiNaTi said as he opens his inventory checking if he has enough items for the raid.

 

“Sure I’m in” SandwichLover said as he walks out of the tavern

 

“HELL YEAH!” StarShooter stands following SandwichLover.

 


Dipper sigh as he took off his VR glasses and shut down his computer. The question lingers in his mind as he looks at his blank screen. Is he ready to meet up with his online friends? Will they accept him for who he is?

 

An awkward twenty two year old man who pretends to be a female online? Most players are comfortable playing their own genders in this game. Rarely anyone creates their avatar opposite to their gender as the VR system allows you to actually feel what your avatar body do, except for pain and other inappropriate stuff. The developer makes sure the game doesn’t go beyond PG13. He was impressed by how the game developer manages to build in such a system when he first started the game.

 

What about tRiLuMiNaTi? The man keeps on flirting with him online. If he is even a man that is. They got game married so that both of them could level up faster and farm at special dungeons. But soon the sorcerer starts to actually flirt with him in the game. And god if he’s not falling for him.

 

That is another thing he is worried about. Him being gay. Only a flock of people knows his sexuality. One being his twin sister, who currently still in-game with his “husband” and SandwichLover. Apparently, she said tRiLuMiNaTi is trying to pursue her to ask him to meet up outside the game.

 

He would have said yes if the man actually likes the real him. Thinking about it is giving him a migraine. He sighs as he heads to bed. He has an early start tomorrow and he doesn’t want to get caught in the morning crowd.

 


Dipper really wished he had hadn’t use all his luck on this month’s weapon gatcha. He woke up on the wrong side of the bed, his alarm never rang because his phone wasn’t charged, he got caught in the morning crowd and almost clock in late.

 

He sighs as he places his bag near his work table. While his computer is booting up, he went to the pantry to get some coffee and maybe a snack at the vending machine. That was another thing he needs to put on his list, grocery shopping. As he was looking at his choices of snacks at the vending machine he didn’t realise the person behind him.

 

“You should get something more filling. You look too skinny Pines” Dipper turn to face with the one and only Bill Cipher. The eccentric, good looking manager from the corporate communication division. Not only is he handsome, being 6’2, tan complex and monochromatic eyes, but he is smart and charming. He manages to climb up the corporate ladder in just two years being in the company.  Also, he is only a year older than Dipper by age.

 

Dipper was trying to look Bill in the face that he didn’t realise the man had pushed a button the vending machine.

 

“H-Hey! That’s mine! <notlikeI’lleatthatthinganyway>” Dipper mumbles the last part.

 

“haha, here short stuff. You can have my sandwich in return. I think you’ll appreciate it more than I’ll do” Bill said laugh and passing him an egg sandwich.

 

Dipper blushes as he grabs the sandwich and runs back to his place. He was grateful that the IT department is far away from the communication division. Putting his hands on his chest, he tries to calm down. He had a crush on the man on the first day he saw him. On the first day of the job, the man burst into his office with his broken computer. Being the only person there during that time, he repaired it without much issue.

 

His ability to repair it in a short amount of time earns him a phrase not only from Bill, but his manager as many of his co-workers had a hard time repairing and fixing some of the IT issues in the companies. Since Dipper was never a social person, he ended up fainting.

 

Now Dipper is trying to remember how to breathe and not faint like the last time. Looking at the egg sandwich in his hand he opens the wrapper and took a bite at it. Bill was right, he really did need it. The egg melts in his mouth as he savours the taste. As he was chewing, he noticed a message from his phone.

 

tRiLuMiNaTi: Hey cutie pie, hope you have a great day today. Can’t wait to see you tonight *kiss*

 

 Dipper blushed as he sees the message. Is it even possible to have a crush at two people at the same time?

 


“PINETRESSSSSSSSS!!!” tRiLuMiNaTi screamed as he sees the elf entering the town’s gate. The sorcerer dash to lift his wife. Holding her high as he twirls them around.

 

“PUT ME DOWN TRI!” Pinetress slaps on the arms that are holding her waist before putting her own around his neck.

 

“I miss you so much my darling” tRiLuMiNaTi purr as he rubs his face on top of Pinetress’s head.

 

“We saw each other just yesterday,” she said as she tries to distance herself with him. People around them are starting to look at them.

 

“That is 18hours without your beloved! Such tragedy!” he made a show by putting his hand on his chest where his heart should be.

 

Pinetress just rolled her eyes as she walks towards the group. Said group didn’t even turn their head when the couple was making a scene at the front gate.

 

“Hey, Pinetress! Glad that you finally join us” StarShooter waves as the group turned to look at them.

 

“Did you do some solo quest?” SandwichLover asked looking at her new status.

 

“Yeah, was hoping to level up a bit and get some money,” Pinetress said as she rubs behind her head.

 

“But we can do that together~” tRiLuMiNaTi whine hugging her.

 

“AND giving us some space” Pinetress push him at the face.

 

“Gasp!!! Am I hearing a divorce?” Ruzsa said with hands on his mouth.

 

“NO” both Pinetress and tRiLuMiNaTi said together making both of them blush. Well, at least Pinetress as tRiLuMiNaTi choose to have his skin colour grey, making it hard to see if he’s blushing or not.

 

“Ahem…” DazzlingLma gives them a cough as to bring back to the topic they had been talking about.

 

“As I was saying before, we have decided to go to the convention next weekend dress as our current Avatars. Starshooter is kind enough to make our costumes an-“

 

“Wait! You are making our costumes? In a week times? How is that possible?” Pinetress cut the conversation as she looks at StarShooter.

 

“Well… I was already making the costumes a few months back.. so I only need to make a few adjustments” she said blushing and scratching her cheeks.

 

“But yo-“

 

“AND I will be providing rooms for us to stay the night and change. I booked rooms at the hotel near the convention hall so we have time to put on our costumes and makeup. The only person who can’t make to the convention will be Ruzsa” DazzlingLma continue where she was cut off and glared at Pinetress.

 

“Wait… what do you mean Ruzsa is the only one who can’t make it? How did I know about this and somehow agreed to it?” Pinetress look distressed.

 

“Well…. Starshooter said that you are free that week and had told her that you can make it.” SandwichLover said as he looks between the two.

 

Pinetress was giving Starshooter the biggest mean look she could muster when she received a private message.

 

Starshooter: Sorry bro-bro. But I really need you to come. I put extra effort on your costume and it will be a shame if you can’t go. Please please say yes? I’ll owe you one. *puppy face*

 

Pinetress: Can I say no to this?

 

StartShooter: If you don’t go I’ll tell tRiLuMiNaTi where you work.

 

Pinetress: YOU WOULDN’T!

 

StartShooter: Is that a dare? *evil face*

 

Pinetress: FINE! But you’re paying for all my food expenses! And I mean ALL

 

“Did you guys finally finished your private chat?” tRiLuMiNaTi asked looking down at the elf.

 

“Yeah, just some misunderstanding. Forgot that I had agreed to it before. But what about Ruzsa? Why can’t you come? Pinetress look at the knight.

 

“I have an exam the week after and DazzlingLma said I can’t go. Why Miss DazzlingLma WHYY!!!” the man whine and he hugged the thief’s leg.

 

“Get off me you dirty mongrel! Education is much more important than going to a silly convention” she said as she flipped her hair.

 

“But that silly convention is where I can meet you guys! IN REAL LIFE! And maybe get to wear that awesome costume” he mumbles the last part.

 

“It’s ok Ruzsa. Maybe we can meet up next time. How about you give me your mailing address and I can send you the costume?” StarShooter tries to sway him as she pats him on the head.

 

“Really! You’re a goddess StarShooter” Ruzsa hugged her.

 

“Anyway, wanna do another nightmare quest? We have a full party” Ruzsa said as he stands.

 

“My sweet and I am so ready for that quest~!” tRiLuMiNaTi said with adrenaline in his voice. Pinetress stayed quiet as she nods and smiles.