Actions

Work Header

Come Together

Chapter 2: The Infinity Stones

Summary:

The heroes learn about the Mad Titan and what is he after, while Thanos and Thawne proceed with the next step of their plan.

Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own anything in Arrowverse or Marvel Cinematic Universe, DC Comics, Marvel Comics or any characters or elements pertaining to the mentioned franchises or anything else you may recognize.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Central Park

Tony Stark was with his wife Pepper Potts, discussing having a family, when they saw a glowing circle appear in the middle of the air and from it went out Doctor Strange.

"Tony Stark, I'm Doctor Stephen Strange. I need you to come with me." Strange said as Tony and Pepper stared before Strange noticed their wedding rings. "Oh, uh, congratulations on the wedding, by the way."

"I'm sorry, you giving out tickets to something?" Tony asked.

"We need your help." Strange said ominously. "It is not overselling it that the fate of the universe is at stake."

"And who's 'we'?" Tony asked.

Tony and Pepper stared in shock to see an old friend come out from the portal. "Hey, Tony."

"Bruce." Tony said, lost for words.

"Hey…" Pepper said and Tony was shocked that Bruce was hugging him like if he had not seen him in a lifetime ago.


Sanctum Sanctorum

Tony, Steve, Natasha, Bruce, Oliver, Barry, Cisco, Matt, Clark and J'onn met with Strange and Wong back in the Sanctum, when Wong began narrating. "At the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then… Boom." In the air appeared a glow of light, showing the universe and six glowing stones, each with a designed color. "The Big Bang sent six elemental crystals hurtling across the virgin universe. The Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of universe."

"Space." The blue stone. "Reality." The red stone. "Power." The purple stone. "Soul." The orange stone. "Mind." The yellow stone. "And Time." Strange opened the Eye of Agamotto on his neck with a gesture of his hand to reveal a green glowing stone.

"Tell me his name again." Tony asked.

"Thanos. He's a plague. He invades planets. He takes what he wants. He wipes out half the population. He sent Loki." Bruce revealed, much to their shock. "The attack on New York, that's him."

"I've heard of Thanos. He believes himself as a god, balancing the scales of the universe." J'onn said. "Because his people had become extinct because of overpopulation, Thanos travels across the universe, and on each planet, he kills half of its population, so that he could save them from the fate of his planet."

"So you're saying he's like Malcolm Merlyn, Ra's al Ghul and Damien Darhk and the Hand, but the only difference between them is the size of his ego and manpower." Sara summed up.

"This is it." Tony whispered.

"Wait, you knew about Thanos?" Steve demanded.

"No!" Tony protested angrily. "I mean, I saw something, yeah, it was in my head for years, ever since Loki, I knew something was gonna come to kill us all, I just couldn't explain who or what!" He tapped himself on the head. "Why do you think I wanted to create Ultron so badly?!"

Everyone looked at him in understanding and nodded, remembering when he had flown through the wormhole.

"What's our timeline?" Tony asked as he turned to Bruce.

"No telling. He has the Power and Space Stones. That already makes him the strongest creature in the whole universe." Bruce said and everyone felt pits of dread form in their stomachs. "If he gets his hands on all six stones…"

"…he could destroy life on a scale hitherto undreamt of. And it's not unlikely that the Stones would affect people beyond this universe." Strange finished and Team Flash shivered, imagining Harry, Jesse and other people being wiped out by Thanos.

Tony was leaning onto a nearby cauldron, muttering under his breath. "Did you seriously just say 'hitherto undreamt of'?"

"Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?" Strange asked.

"Is that what it is?" Tony asked, when Strange's cloak smacked his hand and Tony stared at Strange. "I'm going to allow that." Everyone snickered at his antics.

"If the Stones are really that dangerous, can't we just send that one to another Earth? I mean, it's not like Thanos could track it down to Harry and Jesse or maybe Gypsy and Breacher." Cisco suggested as he pointed at the Time Stone.

Bruce shook his head. "Thanos has the Space Stone already. He would find a way to track it down to another Earth."

"Our main priority should be to locate the other Stones and make sure Thanos can't get to them. Vision has one and he's back in the Compound." Steve said.

"I'll call Rhodey and Wanda, tell them to keep an eye on Viz." Tony said.

"Thor mentioned another Stone that was somewhere on the other side of the galaxy, under the care of a dude named Collector." Cisco said.

"And how exactly are we gonna get to it, if we don't know where it is?" Tony pointed out.

"Well, that makes three, where's the last Stone?" Oliver asked.

"Somewhere Thanos can't get to so easily, but I would stay vigilant." Strange said.


Avengers Compound

"Viz? Are you packed up?" Rhodey called out as Wanda raised her hand.

"Someone's here." Wanda said.

"Who?" Rhodey asked and he got his answer, when Vision suddenly cried out in pain.

Rhodey and Wanda rushed to the scene and saw a hooded alien impaling Vision with his glaive and another alien, a female pulled out some kind of a spear and attacked them. Wanda deflected the attack with her powers, while Pietro sped in, knocking the female down.

The hooded alien placed the tip of his glaive onto the Stone on Vision's forehead as he cried out in pain but Pietro tackled him to the floor.

Rhodey put on his War Machine armor and fired repulsors, sending the female down on the ground. Pietro dodged as the hooded alien swung his glaive before punching him in the face, sending him sliding across the floor.

"You didn't see that coming?" Pietro asked.

"Get up." Proxima said as she knelt towards Glaive.

"I can't." Glaive groaned.

"We don't want to kill you, but we will." Natasha said as she and Sam entered, aiming their guns.

"You'll never get the chance again." Proxima said as she and Glaive were covered in some light and then vanished.

Rhodey then tapped his comms. "Cap, we just had uninvited guests here."


Lian Yu

A patrol of guards was pacing down the cell in which was Adrian Chase and Bullseye before a red bolt of lightning passed by and Chase and Bullseye stared as the guards had their heads 180 degrees backwards as they fell back before they saw a speedster in yellow suit.

"Eobard Thawne." Adrian whispered.

"Adrian Chase. I have a proposition for you." Thawne offered. "I break you and your friend out of here and we'll help you get your revenge on Oliver and his buddies. What do you say?"

Adrian smirked, intrigued by the offer. "Just you and us?"

"Don't worry, Adrian, we have other friends waiting for us." Thawne said. "Let's just say one of them is going to have… breathtaking anger management issues."


A.R.G.U.S.

A.R.G.U.S. guards were dead on the ground, with the cell block smashed to bits as a giant red muscular humanoid creature punched its way through the wall and jumped out.


"What happened?" Lyla asked. "Who did we have in that cell block?"

"Thunderbolt Ross, ma'am." Rick said and Lyla paled.


The Playground

"We have an unusual activity in space." Bobbi said.

"How bad is it?" Mack asked.

"Very bad." Bobbi said. "Where's Coulson?"


Daisy and Jemma rushed into Coulson's office but stared in shock to see him lying on the ground, groaning and clutching his desk. "Coulson? Are you alright?" Jemma lifted Coulson by the head. "He's having a seizure."

"Somebody get a medic in here, now!" Daisy exclaimed.

Notes:

I think you can take a guess what happened with Chase, Bullseye and Ross, but those familiar with comic books and who have read Aragorn II Elessar's other stories know that Ross is gonna become… something dangerous.

Some parts are going to be inspired by Stand with Ward and Queen's 'Crisis on two earths' and Aragorn II Elessar's 'Heroes stand united', to you guys, I hope you are not going to mind.

So, what do you guys think?

Please review and let me know if you have been enjoying this and want for me to continue.