Actions

Work Header

Snippets from other worlds

Chapter 2: In Another World...

Summary:

Limericks.

And horny elves.

But mostly limericks.

Chapter Text

Commander Shepard gave the bard, Ember, a skeptical look. "Is a sestina really the best vehicle to tell the story of how Shepard kicked the snot out of a Qunari buddyfucker, healed him, and sent him on his way with an aquaculture pamphlet? I’ll trust your judgment. I can barely handle narrative, let alone metered verse."

Ember laughed. "Oh, no, it's absolutely terrible thus far! It would be FAR easier for me to write it in one or another epic poem or ballad meter. But that's not the point. When I come across a story where a character mentions intent to write a poem or song about the plot, I take it as a challenge!"

Shepard's eyes widened.

----

Meanwhile, In Another World:

Felassan smirked at his friend. “It has been so dull without you, Solas. Here, read this limerick. What rhymes with ‘rock’ and ‘lock?’”

Solas chuckled. "A great deal rhymes with rock and lock. Clock and flock and crock..." he replied evasively.

Felassan tapped his lips with one finger. "Hmm, I'm not sure I have this quite right."

What Longing has come to unlock
Lavellan would find quite a shock
She found Pride so pretty
It moved us to pity
She must have lived under a rock

Solas raised an eyebrow, silently tracking Felassan as he paced around him in a circle.

"No, no, that's not quite right..."

Two agents, both sworn to Mythal
Found Elgar'nan's parties banal
The spirit so stunning
And linguist so cunning
Had everyone else in their thrall

Solas suppressed an amused huff.

"Hmm.... What about,"

There once was a woman from Kirkwall...

"Oh! Yes, that's it! Hawke!" Felassan announced triumphantly.

Solas gave in, chuckling. "Oh, yes, 'Hawke' rhymes with 'rock'. Of course."