Actions

Work Header

The Little Mikleo

Chapter 7: Chapter 7

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The next morning Sorey woke up to a loud crash. He jolted out of bed and exited his room, looking for the source.

The hallway was empty, the only other room near was Mikleo's. He ran and knocked on the door.

"Hey, are you okay? There was a crash just now." Sorey asked.

Mikleo opened the door hair a bit messy, and clothes untucked and loose.

"Oh Sorey. I'm sorry, I knocked over that thing." Mikleo pointed to a vase that had fallen.

"That old thing, don't worry about it. Are you alright?" Sorey asked.

"I'm okay, I tripped over my feet, is all." Mikleo blushed.

Sorey walked in and gently moved all the large pieces to one area. He looked a bit startled as he saw red spots on the floor.

"Mikleo? Hey, come here." Sorey gestured.

Mikleo walked over and stood near Sorey.

Sorey saw just what he thought. Mikleo had cut his foot on one of the pieces.

"You've been injured." Sorey grabbed Mikleo's foot.

Mikleo winced and lost balance falling onto the floor.

"Oh crap. Hey, I'm sorry. Sorey rushed forward and helped Mikleo sit up.

"Don't worry about it. I um...I get to keep my foot right?" Mikleo asked.

"It's just a cut, but we better clean it up and wrap it. Wait here." Sorey ran into the bathroom and grabbed a cloth, getting it wet.

He also grabbed a dry cloth, and be found wrapping as well.

"Just hold still okay?" Sorey said.

Sorey lifted Mikleo's foot up resting it on his thigh. He grabbed the wet cloth and ran it gently along the cut.

Mikleo shook slightly, he'd never had an injury like this.

"You alright?" Sorey asked.

"Yea, just never had an injury on my legs before." Mikleo said.

"Never? Did you stay inside all the time or something?" Sorey asked shocked.

"No. My friend and I explored often, I didn't like staying still in my room. I collected things, made a special place for them, got into trouble sometimes." Mikleo chuckled.

"What kind of stuff did you collect?" Sorey asked, still tending to the wound.

"Human stuff."

"Human stuff? What kind of human stuff?"

"Spoons, pipes, buttons, glass stuff, compasses, the cool stuff."

"Perhaps we can go adventure, to collect stuff sometime." Sorey said, he wrapped the foot and tied it tightly.

Sorey stood up and held his hand out, helping Mikleo up too.

"I'd like that. I have 4 days left, if we can find time." Mikleo said.

"4 days huh. Maybe tomorrow. I have a lot to do today, and tonight I have plans for us. Do you think that will work?" Sorey asked.

Mikleo smiled happily and hugged Sorey.

Sorey blushed slightly and hugged back.

"Oh sorry, I should have just said yes." Mikleo also blushed.

"D-dont worry about it. It's cool. Anyway, don't do anything too reckless, if you want food, just go ask for anything you'd like. Wander the castle as you please. I'll come find you for dinner. Okay?" Sorey said.

"I understand. Have a good day Sorey." Mikleo smiled.

Sorey waved bye as he left to attend to his Prince duties.

Mikleo walked out of his room and walked at a faster pace towards the back doors that lead to the ocean.

He walked to the place Sorey found him, and looked around for Edna and Lailah.

"Hey Mikster!" A voice boomed.

"Zaveid?" Mikleo asked.

"It sure is bizarre seeing ya without your fins Mikster." He said pulling his boat a bit closer to shore.

Zaveid jumped off, and walked towards Mikleo.

"I suppose it's still a bit weird. Toes are odd things." Mikleo said.

"Well let me look at you." Zaveid chuckled.
"Look at these fancy clothes, our dear old Prince sure is treating you nicely. I hope anyway."

"Oh he's wonderful. He's so kind, he's been so patient with me too. I don't know hardly any of the human stuff he's showing me."

"Seems like you've got quite the heart of love for Mr. Sorey." Zaveid winked.

Mikleo blushed and quietly coughed and averted his eyes.

"You uh...tell him about your tail?" Zaveid asked.

"I can't...Heldalf won't allow it." Mikleo suddenly frowned.

"Well damn, sounds like you've got yourself into a bad deal."

"Yea...just a little bit. If Sorey doesn't develop the same feelings towards me in 4 days. Well...I won't be able…." Mikleo trailed off.

"Mikster….if you just be yourself, I'm sure Sorey will come around in 4 days." Zaveid said.

"That's what Lailah and Edna said too, it's not that I'm worried to much of he truly cares for me or not, I just...This Time limit scares me the most. 4 days Zaveid, and he's busy today so technically 3...I'm…" Mikleo huffed out.

"Woah now. Let's calm down." Zaveid said.

"Yea Meebo, let's calm down." Edna suddenly appeared with Lailah.

"Oh hey you two." Zaveid said.

"Hello again." Lailah said.

"Your Prince isn't around right?" Edna asked.

"No, he's doing stuff today." Mikleo said.

"Are you two doing anything later?" Lailah asked.

"He said he made plans, I don't know what they are though." Mikleo replied.

"Oh..sounds romantic. A secret date." Lailah smiled.

"I'm not sure I can call this a date. He hasn't gained feelings for me like that." Mikleo said.

"Oh my sweet innocent Mikster. Let old Zaveid help you out for just a moment."

"Oh brother." Edna huffed.

"If your Prince has done any of the following, feels are in my boy!" Zaveid said.

"Just what do you know about Sorey's feelings Zaveid?" Lailah asked.

"Just trust me. I'm a bit of a romantic guy. Anyway, has Mr. Prince; blushed at you?"

"Y-yes…" Mikleo blushed.

"Has he gone out of his way to help you?"

"I..I think. He helped me with finding clothes, and he wrapped my foot injury."

"Oh did he now. He doesn't do that for just anyone." Zaveid winked.

"You really think he might be falling for me?" Mikleo blushed.

"Aw Meebo is all red." Edna smirked.

"Young Love! It's so cute!" Lailah chirped.

"S-shut it." Mikleo turned away, and crossed his arms.

"Idea. Let's help Mikleo get ready, the mermaid way." Edna said.

"Edna, that's a great idea!" Lailah smiled.

"Do I even wanna know what the mermaid way is?" Zaveid asked.

"Trust us, Wait here for us, we need some supplies." Edna said diving under the water.

"You're gonna look amazing on your date Mikleo!" Lailah said, also diving under.

"Uh...Okay? I guess we wait here?" Zaveid asked.

"I guess." Mikleo took some steps toward the ocean.

A huge wave rolled in the distance and splashed up and covered Zaveid and Mikleo's feet and ankles.

"Woah.." Mikleo fell backwards.

"Oh geez, you alright?" Zaveid asked.

"The water feels nice today." Mikleo said cupping some into his hands.

"Do you miss your fins?" Zaveid asked.

"I didn't really think about it, until now. I guess I do a little bit, I mean who wouldn't miss something they've had their whole life?" Mikleo said.

"You got that right. Anyway, you've gotten soaked." Zaveid said.

"I don't care. I'm gonna enjoy this a little bit." Mikleo just laid in the waves.

Zaveid just sighed and they waited together for a bit more time before Edna and Lailah popped back up holding multiple items.

"Meebo you're soaked." Edna said.

"Ah don't worry about that, he's gotta come out here for us to work." Lailah said.

"What are you two doing exactly?" Mikleo asked.

"If you three are good, I've got some work to do. So see ya." Zaveid said, heading back to his boat.

"Time to get to work. Come on Mikleo." Lailah said.

Mikleo just sighed and moved out a little more into the ocean. Lailah and Edna got on both sides of him and went to work.

"Your black hair doesn't suit you as well as the white." Lailah frowned.

"Well it wasn't my color choice." Mikleo huffed.

"Well don't worry, you're gonna look nice later. So shut up and let us work." Edna said.

Mikleo sighed and let them work for a while.

_________________________________

"Have you seen Mikleo?" Sorey asked.

"He went out the back door this morning, hasn't come back yet." Rose said.

"You just let him leave?" Sorey asked.

"Hey, as far as I know he just looked at the gardens. No one else saw him go anywhere else." Dezel said.

"I'll go look for him. It can't be helped now." Sorey sighed.

"Are you two doing something tonight?" Rose asked.

"I want to take him to that lake after dinner." Sorey said.

"Looks to me like Sorey is planning a date." Dezel said.

Sorey blushed and chuckled to himself.

"A date...pft. no...I mean...well…" Sorey rubbed the back of his neck.

"SO IT IS A DATE!" Rose jumped in front of him.

"W-wait a second…" Sorey said, gently pushing her back.

"You shouldn't be here then, go fix your clothes, and go find that boy!" Rose said.

"Get out of here Sorey." Dezel huffed, pushing Sorey gently towards the door.

"Right...see you later." Sorey waved goodbye.

"Do you think he's changing his mind about Mikleo? Do you think he'll move forward?" Rose asked.

"He definitely is holding some feelings inside, deep down though he's still wanting some kind of interaction with that purple eyed guy." Dezel sighed.

"We'll keep our fingers crossed." Rose said.

"Yea, fingers crossed." Dezel said.

__________________________________

"There. You look amazing." Lailah smiled.

They put stuff in Mikleo's hair, it gave it a shine and made it soft. For his face they gently gave it a soft touch, he looked fresh out of a spa.

"Now just go dry off, and be yourself Meebo." Edna said.

"Thanks you two, I'll be off now." Mikleo said, he stood up and walked back up to shore. Water dripping all around him.

"Human clothes and water don't seem to mix. Ugh….It feels weird." Mikleo shook his sleeves trying to get the water off.

"Meebo, go. You can get new clothes" Edna threw some water at him.

"Fine, fine. Bye." Mikleo huffed.

"We expect a full report soon. Have fun." Lailah said.

The two mermaids went back under the waves.

Mikleo walked back towards the palace.

"Mikleo! There you are." Sorey yelled from the palace garden.

Mikleo walked a little faster and met Sorey in the middle.

"You have a good day...why are you all wet?" Sorey asked, seeing Mikleo was dripping water.

"I uh...tripped, fell in the ocean, clumsy me." Mikleo said.

"How about you go get dried off and changed. I'll grab us a picnic dinner. Meet me by the entrance doors?" Sorey asked, light blush upon his cheeks.

"Sounds good, see you in a bit Sorey." Mikleo smiled.

They went separate ways, Mikleo went and got cleaned up. Sorey grabbed dinner foods and placed them in a basket. He went back to the entrance of the castle waiting for Mikleo. He came a few moments later looking incredible.

Sorey stared in awe. Mikleo was really pretty.

"So, what do you have planned?" Mikleo asked.

"I'm taking you, uh...to have a picnic dinner and we're gonna stargaze on a lake." Sorey blushed again.

"Sounds wonderful." Mikleo smiled. He boldly hopped forward and grabbed Sorey's arm, a blush spreading to his cheeks as well.

The two went out and got back into the carriage heading towards the destination.
They arrived after some time, Sorey setting up the picnic, Mikleo looking at flowers.

"Its ready, wanna come sit Mikleo," Sorey said.

"This is amazing, I've never had anything like this before." Mikleo sat down.

"I've never done this with anyone either. To be honest. But hey, let's have a good time." Sorey smiled.

"I'd like that Sorey." Mikleo smiled.

The two had moved slightly to be closer together. They enjoyed small talk and the food they had received. It was gonna be a nice night.

Notes:

I'm very sorry I don't add summaries or more notes, I truly just don't have the right words ever 😭 I once again though can at least thank you for reading and I hope you've enjoyed the story thus far.