Actions

Work Header

Seven Minutes

Chapter 7: Just a Nightmare

Summary:

I had the worst writers block so I’m sorry this is so late! BUT I made it and things are looking up for this story! <3 xxx anyway! enjoy! <3

Notes:

also! I made edits for the chapters containing Hannah being Finn’s gf in this story SO I have changed that so now Finn’s gf is basically an unknown, blonde character who has a similar style to Finn! and Hannah is no longer in this story! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT!!

Chapter Text

Silence lingered on the shared line for moment too long before his voice broke through.

 

“Finn?”

He heard a faint chuckle on the other end.

“That’s me, sweetheart.”

 

Sean felt his cheeks ignite slightly at the sound of that nickname.

“W-Why are you calling?”

 

Finn let out a soft exhale. “I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I know that you were drunk and we shouldn’t have made you do ‘Seven Minutes’ like that I-“

Sean then stopped listening, his mind suddenly running with too many overwhelming emotions to surface.

“Nothing happened, Finn.” Sean let out in a sudden cold tone.

 

Heavy silence creeped into the line once again.

 

“Sean, I-“

“Just forget about it. Please, Finn.” 

Sean’s voice almost sounded desperate.

 

“Alright, Sean. Well uh, I’ll see you tomorrow then, honey!” Finn voice spoke in a happier, masked tone that Sean couldn’t quite read.

Sean’s mind felt so hazy in that moment. Not knowing how to feel. Not knowing what he was supposed to feel. Lost.

 

“Bye..” Sean let out quietly with a stifled breath before ending the line.

With his thoughts still racing, Sean calmly stared at his lit phone screen in incoherent thought.

His lock screen showed him an old silly picture of him and his best friend, striking their most infamous poses. 

 

So careless. So free spirited. So unaware

 


 

“Sean!” A warm voice echoed through the atmosphere around him. His head was spinning, the sun beat down on his scratched skin, his eyes starting to find their way to the light above him as the voice became clearer.

 

“Sean!”

 

The voice then started morphing into multiple voices, becoming unclear once again. Sean was left in a panic as the now voices gave a distorted, angry tone, now being unable to open his eyes.

Sean sat up from his lying position, hands reaching up to his eyes, trying to open them as he starts to hyperventilate.

 

The tone switched voices became closer and more warped as Sean whipped his head around, trying to find the source.

At this moment, in his peak of terror, he let out a blood curdling, fearful scream as he felt his thumbs start digging themselves into his eye sockets without clear reason.

Blood gushed down his cheeks as he continued to scream, suddenly being snapped back to reality.

 

Sean ripped back to consciousness, letting out a terrified scream as tears streamed down his cheeks.

The sound of Sean’s door being thrown open and his father’s voice made him realize where he was as he cradled his knees to his chest.

“Hijo! Are you okay?!” Esteban kneeled by his son, unsure if he was consolable at that moment as a scared Daniel stayed hidden by his door frame.

All Sean did at that moment was sit in silence, white as a ghost, tears staining his cheeks, as his heart continued to race. 

Esteban glanced back over towards Daniel who was still hidden, giving him reassuring eyes.

Sean’s wet eyes then shot up and met his brother’s, reading lingering terror that his younger brother picked up on really quickly.

 

“S-Sean? Are you okay?” Daniel spoke timidly.

“I.. Yeah uh,” Sean took a deep breath, readjusting his seated position, “Just had a nightmare.” He ended his sentence with an anxious, breathy chuckle.

 

 

 

Running his thumb over the cover of his English book, Sean couldn’t help but keep thinking about that morning.

 

“Sean! Sean!”

 

Remembering those distorted voices screaming his name, getting closer to him, being so overwhelmingly vulnerable.

That caused white heated panic to rush through him once again.

But reality reminded him once again where he was.

 

“Hey!” Sean jumped as Lyla banged her hand on the locker next to his open one, staring him down with disbelief.

“You never called me back, Sean! What the fuck, dude. I snuck on my phone just to call you, I got grounded going to that party.” Lyla let out an heavy sigh.

Sean just continued to stare at her in silence, watching her ramble.

“And where the FUCK were you this morning? You weren’t on the bus! I had to sit next to that shit stained kid that sits in the back!” She let a shutter physically run through her body.

As Sean stayed silent, Lyla soon picked up on his energy.

“Dude, what’s up?” Lyla’s tone became serious in an instant, studying her best friend.

 

“Sean!”

 

The warm voice before the disaster echoed through his mind.

 

Lyla wouldn’t get it. I don’t even get it.

I will figure this out, I just need time.

 

I’m sorry Lyla.

 

Sean worked up a half hearted smile, putting his English book finally into his bag, subtly avoiding eye contact.

“I just woke up late, Lyla. Nothing to stress about.”

Lyla continued to study him for a few moments.

“Sean..”

“I’m fine, Lyla. Promise.” Sean let out a sincere smile, hoping Lyla would drop the subject.

And to his hope, she did.

“Okay. I am here for you, Sean. Remember that.”

Sean let her words slip his mind before quickly changing the subject.

“Hey, I’m gonna head to English. I’ll see you after, okay?” Sean spoke more sincere now.

 

Sean always knew that his soft, sweet boy side of him was her weakness.

She could never stay mad at him when he smiled like that.

 

“Okay. I love you, Sean Diaz.” Lyla held his hand in hers, pulling him into a hug.

“Love you too, Lyla.” Sean spoke, sadness filling his mind.

Sean then urged himself to break free from the hug, waving Lyla one last goodbye before leaving in the opposite direction.

As Sean disappeared into the swarm of students reaching their next class, his mind couldn’t stop running.

 

Why am I being so weird?

Lyla knows something is up.

Fuck! I hate this.

 

Becoming slowly unaware of the world around him, stuck in his head, he was brought back faster than ever.

As Sean continued his path to class, he was suddenly collided with another body, causing Sean to get thrown off balance.

“Fucking fag bitch!”, erupted an intimidating male voice from far behind him.

 

Sean’s heart stopped.

 

A-Are they talking to me?

 

Sean whipped his head around him to see an assumed to be senior yelling in his direction.

 

Nostalgic, echoed laughs filled his brain for a split second, making his breath pick up pace but another voice interrupted his thoughts, keeping his mind distracted from sudden panic.

 

“Fuck off, dude! No one needs your shit views!”

Sean then glanced over to the voice erupting beside him to see a purple dreaded, tatted girl, flipping off the voice behind her.

 

Sean took in the sight of her with interest.

 

She looks.. so similar to Finn.

 

She then noticed eyes on her after brushing off the incident and locked her eyes on him with sudden curiosity.

“Hey, pretty boy! See something you like?” She cooed in a half joking way.

Sean’s face still read distress from the minor incident, which she noticed quickly after her comment.

“Hey, you okay?” She asked, her cocky smile dropping.

“Oh uh, yeah. Just uh,” Sean let out an uneasy chuckle, changing the subject, “.. Are you?”

“Oh yeah, just too many assholes at this school.” She let out in clear, mild frustration.

 

Sean stood there awkwardly, not sure what to say, before another curious thought came to surface from the other. 

 

 

“You wanna get outta here?”