Actions

Work Header

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure-Belle âme: A beautiful soul

Summary:

(In short, it's an awful everyone lives au with kids.)

Years after the Diavolo Incident, Giorno Giovanna is now the boss of La Passione, but not everything is right with the way it works. There are those who want to Giorno out of the Boss's chair and 6 feet under.

That's where Gianetta comes in.

After years of praying for a special power like the rest of her family, she awakens a Stand that isn't all that glorious. Now, with armed with a Stand that works against her, a dream, and a team of mediocre preteen stand users, she's on a mission to take down the rogue Passione members and prove her strength.

Notes:

Hello everyone! Yes! I'm doing this! Yeah. I'm doing this. I'm doing this and I'm going to see how far I get without losing my mind. I know without the visual representation this seems boring and I'm not going to be surprised if people don't like it, but for those of you who do, thank you and hope you enjoy.

Obvious warnings: lots of violence and blood, swearing and death.

Also, there is a concept by ailgeo-101 on Tumblr where Melone's Baby face can take the DNA of the assassins and make them kids. So if you're wondering how they had kids, that's how. They even have their own drawings of said children, so go check the out!

(I'm very prepared for all the backlash I could get. I'm taking a chance.)

One last thing, our lead is autistic and I want to make sure she is portrayed well unlike how other autistic people are portrayed in media (*cough* *cough* Sheldon Cooper.) So if there is something inaccurate, or balanty offensive please tell me (respectfully please.) I would hate to offend someone because of my awful writing. I have done my research, but if something does offend you, tell me.

And without further adieu, let's get on with our tale!

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Gianetta Giovanna awakens Almost (Sweet Music)!

Chapter Text

Naples, Italy. 20XX.

 

It had been many years since the events of the Diavolo incident. Giorno Giovanna, the only man to become the youngest boss of La Passione, basically ruled the country at this point. He was quite careful with those who wanted to enter the gang, but he was known to be very kind to others so everyone and anyone could join and were most likely in the gang at the drop of a hat. Six years after becoming the boss, he married his close friend, lover, and subordinate, Pannacotta Fugo. 3 years later, they made the risky decision to have a child through surrogacy, and their first daughter, Laurenza Giovanna, was born. And then, 3 more years later, their youngest daughter, Gianetta Giovanna, was born.

 

She is the heroine of our story.

 

This young middle schooler with no combat experience or knowledge of what she would soon be facing will have to piece together a sinister plot hiding in the familia, all while using her Stand that directly works against her.

----------

Gianetta Giovanna did not have a Stand.

 

Her fathers and their subordinates had Stands, her older sister had a Stand since she was seven, and here she was, a near-sighted twelve-year-old who was not only autistic but near-sighted, who came from a long line of born Stand users and still no Stand. Her family tried to reassure her that it was okay and it was actually a good thing that she didn't have a Stand, their reasoning being that it would make her more of a target than she already was if she did.

 

But, in Gianetta's mind, it was another thing that she was not allowed to have because of her 'unfortunate circumstances,' as some people liked to phrase it, which did not sit well with her.

 

She wanted to be strong. She wanted to show her family that she was worthy enough to be the future boss of La Passione. 

 

That was her goal.

 

It was something she thought about often, especially on her way to school.

 

Especially on this day.

 

They went through their normal routine of getting ready for school and into a very protected van and followed by two other cars for extra protection. Even though the familia still ran everything, they still had to take precautions.

 

Gianetta was by the tinted window and quite bored as her father, Fugo, went on and asked the same overprotective/overbearing mafioso father questions as her older sister answered for the both of them.

 

"Is your phone charged?"

 

"Yes."

 

"And you have your portable chargers?"

 

"Yes."

 

"And you have your Uncle Mista's number on speed dial?"

 

Laurenza groaned, leaning back in her seat. "Yes, papa! I have everything including my bear mace and my one hundred switchblades that I have ever so carefully placed into my backpack."

 

"Laurenza, please."

 

Mista laughed a little. "Come on, Fugo. We've been through this over a million times! They know what they're doing!"

 

The rest of the conversation played out the same way it always did. The three of them argued about the capability of Laurenza going to school by herself as Gianetta continued to stare out of the car window until her other father, Giorno, tapped on her knee and they began their own conversation.

 

"Is everything okay, Gia? You're a lot quieter than usual…" He said, crossing his legs.

 

Gianetta straightened herself. "I'm fine, papa. More underwhelmed, if anything."

 

"Underwhelmed."

 

She nodded. "I don't feel as if anything's changed. I don't feel...grown up. I'm still in middle school and I don't have a Stand yet. I feel so...small."

 

"Well, you are only 4 foot 10." He joked.

 

"I'm being serious! If I'm going to gain respect among the ranks, I need to start changing-I need a Stand!"

 

Giorno smiled, shaking his head. "Such an ambitious child. Gianetta, you do not need a Stand to gain respect. You need to show your subordinates respect before they can respect you."

 

Gianetta frowned. "That is such a cop-out answer and you know it."

 

"It's true. That's how I got here."

 

Gianetta rolled her eyes. "Sure papa, sure."

 

The car finally came to a stop in front of Gianetta's school. "Okay, this is me. I'll be going now-" she said, standing up.

 

"Hold it, young lady."

 

The young girl sighed, parking herself back in her seat, facing her fathers.

 

"You have everything you need? Headphones, stimulation toys, lunch?"

 

"All in my backpack."

 

"And you-"

 

"I have everyone's numbers on speed dial and if anything happens, I'll call you."

 

"Good. See, Fugo? They're fine!" Giorno said.

 

Fugo sighed. "I'm just trying to make sure that they are safe."

 

"Now that you've done that, can I go now? I'm about to be late."

 

Giorno nodded, "Yes, Gianetta. You can go."

 

She smiled, quickly hugging the three adults and then turned to her sister, squishing her face in her hands. "3 o'clock, Laura."

 

"I'll be there as soon as I can." She said with a smile.

 

"Don't forget."

 

"I won't."

 

Gianetta nodded, hopping out of the car and running into the sea of students.

 

Fugo sat up, trying to catch a glimpse of his youngest daughter.

 

"She's fine, papa! Don't worry so much."

 

"She's right, Panna. She's been going to school for five years now and she hasn't run into any problems."

 

"Not yet," he muttered, his anxiety building, "and that's what I'm afraid of…"

--------------

Gianetta pushed past the sea of junior high students in search of her own small group of friends. They consisted of both normal outsiders and children of the gang. They were the only ones in the entire school that knew that Gianetta was the boss' daughter-and they were the only ones who treated her like a decent human being.

 

During her search for her friends, she was tripped, pushed, shoved, and made fun of, but she simply ignored it. These were dumb middle schoolers. She didn't have to garner any respect from them. She just had to make it another year or so and she would be out of there.

 

She squished herself through the ocean of people, the loud chattering, and the large groups starting to get to her. It was starting to become too much.

 

'Where are they? Should I text them? No, I can't. They'll drop my phone down the stairs like last time. But school's starting soon, and I won't be able to see them until-'

 

"GIAGIA!"

 

Gianetta raised her head to find the first half of the Cioccolata twins up on the door frame of a classroom, hanging upside down.

 

"Alcee, what are you doing?" Gianetta asked, smirking.

 

"Just stretching!" She replied, happily.

 

Gianetta smiled. "Oh yeah? It seems like fun."

 

"ALCEE! How many times do I have to tell you to stop hanging off of the doors?!" The headmistress shouted, walking over to the two girls.

 

Alcee huffed, jumping down right in front of Gianetta, taking a bow.

 

Gianetta smiled. "You have to stop doing that."

 

Alcee rolled her eyes. "Whatever, it's not like she can do anything about it. If she tries, my papa will slice her to bits!" 

 

Gianetta shook her head. "Where's everyone else?"

 

The odd twin shrugged. "Dunno. Lost 'em in the crowd."

 

"You mean you lost them when you decided to go off on your own and do...this."

 

She nodded, somewhat proud as the headmistress hauled her away to her office. "Bye-bye, GiaGia!"

 

Gianetta waved, a twinge of envy in her eye as Alcee's Stand, Holiday, hung off her back, disguising itself as a normal backpack 

 

She decided to give up on her search for her friends and went directly to her speech therapy class, where another one of her Stand user friends was waiting.

 

"Zucchero!"

 

The somewhat small, slightly older ginger-haired boy lifted his head, his depressing mood seemed to brighten a little. He waved at her, a little smile on his lips.

 

Matteo Zucchero, the son of Mario Zucchero and Sale, created by La Squadra's Melone through his Stand, Babyface. The poor boy was 'plagued' by selective mutism brought on by severe anxiety which had gotten much worse over the past two years. It had gotten so bad, he was unable to communicate things such as "I'm sick and going to vomit," or "I'm having a severe anxiety attack and about to faint." These were things that frequently happened to him on a bi-weekly basis.

 

The young girl sat beside the ginger-haired boy, all smiles. "Everything okay, Zucchero?"

 

He shrugged. "Not...really. Home...not great."

 

Gianetta leaned forward. "They're still fighting, aren't they?"

 

He nodded, signaling Gianetta to cover her ears. She pulled out her noise-canceling headphones just as the second bell rang, the piercing sound shaking her.

 

"You wanna talk about?" She asked, loudly speaking over the bell.

 

He shook his head, uncovering his ears and returning to his silent state. Gianetta removed her headphones, wanting to press further but deciding against it.

 

'This is going to be a long day…' She thought, pulling out her phone and checking her messages. She checked her most recent conversation with her best friend, Leslie.

 

Gianetta: Are you on your way?

 

Leslie: I'll be there as soon as I can!

 

Gianetta: You better hurry up.

 

She had sent that message a while ago, and Leslie hadn't so much as read it.

 

'That's odd. Leslie always replies within seconds.'

 

Gianetta decided to shoot her another text.

 

Gianetta: Hey, are you here?

 

"Phones away, Gia." The speech therapist said as she walked into the classroom.

 

Gianetta nodded, sliding the phone into her backpack, leaving it on just in case Leslie called.

 

For some reason, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was very wrong.

------------

"I'll see you later!"

 

Laurenza jumped out of the van and ran to school, already extremely late. The blonde girl sprinted through the halls and fell into her classroom, panting.

 

"Well, look who finally decided to show up." Her teacher said, right in the middle of giving a lecture.

 

"S-sorry, sir! I had to drop my little sister off at school!" She said, straightening herself.

 

The homeroom teacher waved her off. "Don't wanna hear it, Shiobana. Just take your seat."

 

She nodded, making her way to the back of the class, sitting herself down beside a familiar curly-haired girl. "You're late~"

 

"I know, Bianca." She replied, not looking at the lavender haired girl.

 

Bianca smirked, sliding a slip of paper in her desk. "Anna wants to see you."

 

Laurenza nodded, looking down at the slip of paper in her hands. In neat handwriting, it read: 2nd floor, girl's bathroom.

 

She chuckled to herself, quickly folding it up and sliding it into her pocket.

 

'Always something with you, Anna. Always something.'

 

An explanation and few classes later, the break came and Laurenza made her way up to the 2nd-floor bathroom, waiting for a group of girls who were gossiping inside to leave

 

"Why is she standing there?" One of them whispered.

 

"She's probably here for that freak, Annamaria." Another replied.

 

"Shush! They'll hear you!"

 

"I don't care! Let them hear me!"

 

"Hey, cut it out!"

 

The redheaded girl strutted over to the last stall, making direct eye contact with Laurenza as she pounded on the stall door. "Come on, you little freak! It's not like you're actually pissing in there or anything!"

 

The girl howled with laughter as the others continued to shout at her to stop.

 

Laurenza frowned, finally stepping into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. "Hey! If you have something to say, then say it to my face!"

 

Suddenly the girl was silent. All the animosity and bitterness towards her disappeared. She had no words.

 

Biting her tongue, she motioned for the other two to follow her out of the bathroom. She pushed past Laurenza, glaring daggers at her. Laurenza shook her head, making her way over to the last stall, lightly knocking. "You can come out now. No one's here."

 

The door slowly began to open, a set of dark red and black eyes at her. She stood back as the older girl emerged from the stall. "That was quite annoying." She said as she stood very close to the younger girl.

 

Laurenza was always so intimidated by Annamaria Nero. She was so much taller and quite beautiful as well, with pretty porcelain skin, beautiful blonde hair curled like some kind of princess. She was everything that Laurenza wished to be. "Are you okay? I hope they didn't bother you too much."

 

Anna shook her head. "It was nothing, really. I only have a year left before I go to university. It's that bad anyway."

 

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a flash drive, "Here. My father forgot to give this to Giorno. I took the liberty of bringing it here to you."

 

"Oh, thanks!" Laurenza said, taking the flash drive and slipping it into her book bag.

 

"How's Gianetta?"

 

"She's good. Still waiting for her Stand, you know?"

 

Anna nodded. "You know, my offer is still on the table. If she wants a Stand, she can-"

 

"No!" Laurenza exclaimed, almost defensively, "I-I mean, I appreciate the offer, really. But, I'm sure Gianetta is fine."

 

Annamaria nodded, falling silent.

 

Laurenza felt somewhat bad, but there was no way she was going to let them near her little sister with that thing.

 

There was no chance in hell she was letting her baby sister get hurt just to awaken her Stand.

--------

Leslie never came to school that day.

 

Gianetta knew Leslie inside and out, and she knew that Leslie would always tell her if she wasn't coming to school. Whether it was because she was sick or helping out her mom at her fortune-teller shop.

 

But there were no texts, no phone calls or emails, nothing.

 

No matter how many times she texted her, there was no answer. She tried not to think about it. She tried to convince herself that maybe she was just late because of some sort of doctor's appointment. But after the next handful of classes rolled around and her seat was still empty. With every passing minute without so much as a text saying, 'Hey, sorry I couldn't make it, I had a thing,' was another minute Gianetta spent worrying over her.

 

Lunch came around and the students were either on their way home to eat or going somewhere else for lunch. Gianetta was heading to her other childhood friend, Carlino's house for lunch, but she couldn't resist texting Leslie one last time.

 

Gianetta: Hey, are you okay? Why aren't you answering?

 

Gianetta: Did something happen?

 

Gianetta: Are you mad at me?

 

Gianetta: Leslie?

 

"GiaGia, are you ready to go?" The honey-haired boy asked.

 

"Did Leslie call you?" She asked.

 

"Leslie? No, she hasn't spoken to me since this morning-"

 

"When was that?" Gianetta asked, getting right up in his face.

 

"I-I don't know, around 7:30, maybe? Hasn't she texted you?"

 

Gianetta sighed, shaking her head. "No. She's not like this, Isidoro. She always replies within seconds. Something's happened to her."

 

"I think she's just very busy today, Gia. Maybe she dropped her phone while she was working."

 

"I don't buy it."

 

"I'm not asking you to buy anything. Leslie is...very eccentric. She was probably running around her mother's shop and dropped her phone somewhere. I'm sure she'll call once she finds it."

 

She didn't believe him in the slightest.

 

She was sure that something bad had happened to her best friend and they were wasting time by coming with all sorts of excuses as to why their friend hadn't shown up. But, without all the facts, she couldn't do anything. So, she tried to put it out of her mind for a while, at least until she gathered more evidence. She took Carlino's hand as they ventured down the hill to his house.

 

"What's your dad making?"

 

"Pasta e Fagioli."

 

"That's my favorite."

 

"I thought that was your favorite rainy day meal."

 

"It changes often."

 

"Is that so?"

 

"You're reading into this too much."

 

"I've just never met someone who has so many categories for food."

 

"Well, if you want to get into it, I-" Am awfully sharp noise pierced through Gianetta's ears, knocking her to her knees. "AGH!"

 

"GIA!" Carlino shouted, falling beside her.

 

Gianetta tried covering her ears to block out the sound, but when she realized that Carlino wasn’t screaming bloody murder like her, she knew that it was all in her head. This awful noise that refused to disappear was all in her head. It had become so powerful it completely drowned out Carlino’s voice entirely.

 

‘What the hell is wrong with me?! I can’t even hear my own thoughts! Why is this happening to me? Why here? Why now?’

 

The horrid sound persisted. It felt like her skull was about to split open. She screamed even harder, her fingers digging into her head. Through her hot tears, she could see Carlino frantically calling someone and trying to talk to Gianetta at the same time.

 

‘What are you saying? I can’t hear you! Who are you calling? Why aren’t you hearing this too?’

 

“Because he is not you.”

 

The voice in her head ceased the wretched sound. She looked around in surprise and then up at Carlino, who started back at her, utterly terrified. "....Gia?"

 

Another awful noise entered her ears, but this time it was...familiar. It was a cheery tune, one she had heard over and over again since she was nine.

 

It was Leslie's ringtone.

 

She quickly stood up, scanning the area until her eyes landed on a narrow alleyway between the school and an apartment building, so small it seemed like the walls were closing in on themselves.

 

'She's in there,' she thought, 'Leslie is in there.'

 

She slowly began to make her way towards the small crevice.

 

"Gia, what are you doing?!" 

 

"Leslie's in here...she has to be," she whispered to herself.

 

She crept carefully into the narrow alleyway, instantly hit by an awful odor. She covered her nose and mouth as she crept further into the crevice, Carlino doing the same as he followed behind her.

 

"What is that smell?" Carlino whispered.

 

Gianetta suddenly stopped, causing Carlino to bump into her. She gasped, her green eyes becoming as big as saucers. Carlino peaked over her shoulder to see what had scared her so badly.

 

And he regretted it dearly.

 

Right in front of the two twelve year olds were three bodies, bloodied and battered, sprawled out on the ground. Two of them were high schoolers who went to an all girls school down the road, and the other...was their friend Leslie. Gianetta fought back the urge to both vomit and cry. 'No, No, No! This isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real!' She looked down by her bloodied backpack and she could see Leslie's phone ring right beside it, her mother's phone number flashing on screen. She shakily bent down, reaching down to pick up her phone when a hand grabbed her wrist. She nearly screamed at the top of her lungs when she saw Leslie's big eyes staring back at her in utter horror.

 

"L-Leslie?! W-what-?!"

 

"G-Gia....ca-Carlino...you have to leave...you have to leave before he comes back…" She wheezed.

 

"Who? Who did this to you? How long have you been here?" She questioned, trying to pull Leslie to her feet.

 

"You have to go...you have to-!"

 

"What do we have here?"

 

They all froze in fear. They didn't have the courage to look behind them at the grisly man who was breathing down their necks. "You kids shouldn't be here. Didn't you parents tell you not to go poking your nose in business that isn't yours?"

 

Gianetta bit down on her lip, trying to prevent herself from screaming. Why was this happening? Why? Why her? Why Leslie? Why them? Why now?

 

"Well, you know what they say. The more the merrier."

 

Things seemed to go in slow motion for Gianetta. As the man out stretched his hands to grab Carlino, she opened her mouth and out came an ear bleeding screech.

 

Literally.

 

Her scream was echoing louder than any human voice should. It was so loud, it seemed that the whole building was shaking. The three covered their ears, pained expressions on their faces. The man fell to the floor, blood trickling down his ears, his eyes popping out their sockets.

 

Gianetta couldn't hear anything. She could hear nothing but her voice bouncing off the walls of the two buildings.

 

She just couldn't stop screaming.

 

And in all honesty, she didn't want to.

 

Because she had finally gotten what she wanted.

 

A Stand.