Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Berry's Long MK/DC Books , Part 2 of 'His'
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-29
Completed:
2022-04-08
Words:
82,410
Chapters:
79/79
Comments:
11
Kudos:
108
Bookmarks:
11
Hits:
2,989

Book 2: His Magic

Chapter 58: Chapter 58 Tired Day

Notes:

Written June 16 2021
Posted on Wattpad July 12 2021
Posted here October 15 2021

Chapter Text

The next day ended up being somewhat eventful, but not by too much. Saguru had ended up taking Fluffy to the vet to get spayed, so now the kitten wouldn't be around until she was picked up after staying at the vet's overnight. Yozora wasn't too worried about Fluffy, having read that being spayed or neutered was one of the most common surgical procedures that vets did. With so much practice, she was sure that the kitten would be just fine. Hopefully the pain meds would make Fluffy woozy enough to accept cuddles.

So now Yozora was all alone in the house, having declined the offer to go out. Going out was still a bit hard on her and she'd had enough stress this week already. The girl was completely fine with being left alone, both Kaito and Shinichi had been required to do so quite often when she'd been staying with them. Yozora was pretty confident that she wouldn't do something stupid that would end with the house on fire... The internet sometimes made her cringe at others' stupidity.

Since she was alone, the sound of the front door's lock turning caught her attention. It was still too early for Saguru to have returned already, not unless he skipped the errands that he'd mentioned that he'd wanted to get done. Feeling wary, Yozora closed the math book that she'd been working on. Carefully laying it down on the coffee table before hopping behind the couch. Logically she knew that whoever had the key was bound to be safe to be around, however she still felt better hiding. It sounded like whoever had come in was struggling with something.

"Careful..."

Yozora perked up, she knew that voice! She quietly made her way towards the door, peeking into the hallway "Shinichi?" Nowaki was there too, though he had an unconscious Kaito on his back. She couldn't see the magician well but the sleuth looked tired.

Azure blinked "Yozora?" He stumbled a bit with the heavy case he was dragging.

Nowaki offered an apologetic smile "I'm sorry, I thought that you'd be out with Hakuba" He shifted Kaito a bit so that his hold was better "Kudo called me rather unexpectedly to help" He hadn't been aware that he'd be helping with Kaito so soon.

The girl shifted a bit uneasily at seeing the doctor so soon, slate flickering towards Kaito "It probably couldn't have been helped..."

Shinichi noted Yozora's unease "Would you mind going ahead to open their bedroom door? I'm still feeling weak so I'll end up lagging behind Kusama"

"Okay" Yozora was glad to get some distance between her and Nowaki. She didn't hate the doctor, not at all. She was actually rather grateful for his help. It was just too early, she wasn't ready to see the other again so soon. After she completed the request, she hid out in her room for a bit until she was sure that she'd heard the doctor leave. Yozora then made her way towards the main bedroom.

"I'm glad that you seem to be doing okay" Shinichi stated softly as Yozora entered the room. He was sitting in a chair next to the bed. Kaito was laying down under the sheets, looking like he was sleeping. He was tired, and had actually been tempted to just sleep on the bed next to Kaito. It had been hard enough just making it to the room.

Yozora glanced over at Kaito's face curiously "Saguru is really kind, living here has been nice" She then turned towards the sleuth, offering a small smile "You look horrible, but I'm glad that you're okay now" She could see some scars just barely peeking out from the edges of Shinichi's long sleeved shirt. The weather was too hot for long sleeves.

Shinichi snorted out a laugh "I'd probably look worse but those ass holes kept me unconscious to siphon off of Kaito's magic a lot longer than was probably necessary" He was fine with scars, but Kaito's recovery time had been extended because of them.

The girl bit her lip "Do you know when Kaito will wake up?" He didn't seem to be hooked up to anything.

"I have no idea" The sleuth grimaced "His magic was already seriously strained before we even got hurt, so it should be a while" At least Kaito hadn't gotten as injured as him. Shinichi let out a sigh "At least Saguru isn't here so I have some breathing room for now"

Yozora giggled at that "He'll probably fuss over you two" He seemed like the type of person who'd do that.

Shinichi smiled at that "Probably, though I might need his help to be able to leave with how tired I am" He had a few questions for the girl, but was just too tired to go through with them right now.

Slate eyed the sleuth with concern "Maybe you should rest, Saguru isn't due back for a while" Shinichi looked like he could potentially pass out.

"Maybe..." Could he make it to the other side of the bed? He was near the side Kaito was occupying.

"Is Kaito okay to be moved?" She could probably move Kaito if the other was unable to move himself.

Shinichi blinked "Yeah, his magic induced coma isn't hurting him" He was as sturdy as he normally was.

Yozora nodded, crawling up onto the bed before carefully dragging Kaito over. Dragging people was something that she used to do a lot to save them from being punished for staying back "He's lighter than expected"

"The glamour is only hiding his wings, it's not making him a normal weight like it usually does" Shinichi stifled a yawn "Thanks" He got up and half fell into the bed "I'll be fine here"

The girl's gaze softened at how the other had immediately passed out once he'd touched the bed. Yozora got up and left the room, closing the door behind her. Hopefully Shinichi will rest well. At least she'd been able to see for herself that they were alive and okay. She headed back downstairs to continue working on her math work. It was hard, but the patterns were kind of making sense to her.