Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Berry's Long MK/DC Books , Part 2 of 'His'
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-29
Completed:
2022-04-08
Words:
82,410
Chapters:
79/79
Comments:
11
Kudos:
108
Bookmarks:
11
Hits:
2,989

Book 2: His Magic

Summary:

[Book 2] Kaito and Saguru are still happily together at the age of 25. Kaito is a successful Doctor, while Saguru is a officer. Kaito's magic has grown in strength over the years, hopefully it will help them...

Updated weekly, more ahead on wattpad. RATED M for dark themes

Sequel to His Feathers

Hakukai
AkakoXAoko

Notes:

Written March 24 2020
Posted on Wattpad March 25 2020
Posted here May 29 2020

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1 Love

Chapter Text

Indigos gleamed as Kaito spotted Saguru "Hi Saguru!" He chirped, flashing a toothy grin, face flushed a bit from a slight fever.

Saguru rolled his eyes at the energetic greeting, a small smile tugging at his lips "Idiot" He scolded, giving the other a light swat on the head "You're supposed to be working here, not staying as a patient" He'd had to leave work since he'd gotten a call about Kaito collapsing on the job.

Kaito rubbed his head, it didn't hurt, but he did so anyways "I wasn't trying to faint" He gave a small pout, crossing his arms "It just happened" There'd been a sudden influx of patients and he'd wanted to stabilize them as best as he could without it being suspicious. Days like today made him glad that Akako had helped him learn how to use his healing magic without his wings popping out.

Gold softened "I know" He gave the other a light peck on the cheek "But do you realize how worrying it is to be told that you collapsed?" It thankfully didn't happen too often, but when it did, it still worried him. He still feared that one day Kaito would go too far and seriously hurt himself with the cost. Magic wasn't free.

"I'm feeling better already" Kaito offered a soft smile, Saguru was so caring. He tilted his head, gaze narrowing "But you on the other hand, are hurt" With the growth of his magic, he'd gotten quite skilled at sensing other's injuries. It was a useful skill, especially since he hung around prideful detectives. At least Saguru always eventually told him, mainly because they lived together. Shinichi on the other hand, was the worst at hiding his injuries. The guy was so freaking prideful! Maybe that was why the guy was still single.

Saguru frowned "You just fainted from over using your magic" He rolled up his sleeve to reveal a large bruise, it wasn't anything serious. He'd gotten it when a culprit had resisted arrest "Wait until you've recovered a bit more" He slid his sleeve back down. He didn't bother telling Kaito not to heal it, because he knew that the other would, with or without his consent.

He didn't like the fact that Saguru was hurt, but he nodded begrudgingly "Okay" He did still feel a bit light headed "By the way, do you know about any accidents happening recently?" He hadn't had time to check on his phone and he hadn't been told much before being pulled into the operating room.

Gold narrowed in thought "There was a small gas leak that ignited" It was the only thing that came to mind, though he, himself had spent the majority of the day doing paperwork after arresting a few people.

Kaito gave a thoughtful hum "That could have done it..." There had been some burns.

"You ready to go home?" Kaito had been excused for the rest of the day, one of the perks of being well liked.

"Of course" The doctor smirked, slipping off of the bed and landing silently on his feet. Indigos gleamed when he noted that he was already wearing his normal clothes, his partner Kusama Nowaki must have changed him out of his bloody scrubs. The older doctor really did look after him well "My Saguru has come all the way from the dreary station to pick me up" The blond flushed a bit at the comment.

Despite how energetic Kaito had been acting, shortly after they left the building, the other had ended up falling asleep before they'd even reached the car. Thankfully Kaito was light, so carrying him the rest of the way hadn't been too hard "Idiot" He breath, brushing Kaito's bangs out of his face. Gold gleamed as he buckled the magician's seat belt, Kaito really shouldn't push himself so hard. He was still recovering.

He started up the car, gaze darkening as he remembered. Half a year ago one of Kaito's eggs had been late, so it had gotten too big. The effort to expel it had seriously weakened the other. Since Kaito had the misfortune of laying an egg every few weeks or so, he hadn't been able to recover fully before the next one. Akako had told them that Kaito's magic didn't work on his own reproductive system because it could seriously mess up any child they managed to conceive by forcing it to grow too fast.

That had continued for a little more than four months, with Kaito growing a bit weaker each time. Eventually Ai concocted a serum to partially dissolve the shell before it was to be expelled, allowing the magician to do so with ease. He'd kept using the serum until recently, since it was apparently only to be used if an egg was starting to take too long.

When they reached their home, a modest sized two story house, Saguru poked Kaito's cheek "Kaito get up" The magician murmured something he couldn't understand as he nuzzled into the touch. Saguru's heart fluttered "Fine" He breathed, exiting the car and circling it so that he was by the passenger door. He opened it, unbuckled Kaito, and started to carry the other once again.

"Saaa-chan" Kaito nuzzled into the blond's shoulder, a tired smile on his lips. Saguru was so warm.

Saguru laughed, Kaito's breath tickling him "How long have you been awake?" He wouldn't put it past the sneaky magician to pretend to sleep so that he'd carry him. It had happened before.

Kaito's cheeks tinted a soft shade of pink "I didn't mean to fall asleep..." Hadn't he been trying to show that he was fine? Falling asleep like that didn't really help his cause.

The blond unlocked the door, carrying Kaito into their house "Do you need me to carry you to bed?" He teased.

Indigos shot open "Only if you're planning on staying" He suddenly wasn't as tired as he was a few moments ago.

Saguru snorted, kicking off his shoes "I may not have a choice with how you're suddenly poking me"

Kaito giggled, pointing at the stairs "The black feathered prince shall ride the white horse!" He reached back to give Saguru's butt a playful pat.

The blond rolled his eyes, blushing. Why did he have to word it like that?