Actions

Work Header

A bundle of joy

Chapter 57: A year of being a family.

Summary:

Its been a year of being a family.

Notes:

I thought it would be a good place to end this part of the series with them celebrating a year of being Hannah's parents. I will hopefully upload the second part of this series tomorrow in not definitely on Saturday.

Update: Part two has been posted.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It had been a year. A year since Hannah come to live with them. Lena sat at the kitchen table wrapping the present they had got Hannah. Even though she knew that Hannah should have been with them since she was born and she couldn’t hate her brother more because of that but she wanted to do something nice for her. They had gotten her a new laptop as Hannah’s broke the week before. They were going to replace it anyway. Lena sat there thinking about how scared Hannah was the day she came into her office. The past year had been one of the best years of her life.
Lena wrote in the card they had gotten her and wrapped the present. Lena was making herself a cup of coffee when Kara joined her.

‘Can you believe it’s been a year.’ Kara asked as she sat opposite her wife.

‘It seems like yesterday she turned up at my office.’ Lena said as she took a sip of her coffee.

‘Sometimes it still doesn’t feel real like I look at her and I realise that she is really our daughter.’ Kara explained.

‘She’s a mini you. You have you the same smile.’ Lena said.

‘We do don’t we.’ Kara replied as a smile grew on her face.

‘Do you think I’m doing enough?’ Lena asked.

‘Enough what?’

‘As a parent. Do you think I’m doing enough as a parent.’ Lena explained.

‘Of course you are. You are the most amazing parent.’ Kara reassured her as she reached over and grabbed Lena’s hand.

‘So I’m not at work two much. I feel like Jeremiah is going to hate when he’s older.’

‘He’s never going to hate you. The one thing I know is how much he loves his cuddles with you when come from work. The way his face lights up and the way he will run as fast as he can to you.
If I’m being honest in the future he won’t remember you being at work but he will remember the feeling of being loved. The same with Hannah. With her being as school it means she’s only here for a couple of hours before you come home.’ Kara told her wife.

‘So I’m not neglecting them?’

‘You don’t neglect them. you’re a working mom. If you want you can either finish work an hour early or you could set up an office here so you can work from home.’ Kara said.

‘What do you think I should do?’ Lena asked.

‘Honestly I think you should finish an hour early and when Jeremiah is older you can work from home so you can always be here.’ Kara suggested.

‘I might do that. Thank you.’

‘Anytime.’

Kara had made the two of them breakfast. As they finished their food they could hear Hannah walking down the stairs.

‘Good morning.’ Kara said as her daughter walked into the kitchen.

‘Morning.’ Hannah said to the both of them.

‘You’re up early. Is everything ok?’ Lena asked as she looked at the clock and it said 6:30am.

‘Yeah I woke up and I really need a glass of water.’ Hannah told them

Kara handed her a glass of water as she sat down next to Lena who kissed her on the temple.

‘This is for you.’ Lena said as she passed the card and present to Hannah.

‘What for?’ Hannah asked confused.

‘Open the card first.’ Lena told her so she did.

Hannah opened the card and it read:

‘To our darling Hannah,
Today marks one year of you coming to live with us. Year ago today we were moms to a little boy not knowing that we were also the moms to the most amazing daughter as well. Ever since we got be your moms, our lives have changed for the better and we wouldn’t change a thing. In the past year we have gotten to see grow into an amazing young woman and we couldn’t be prouder. Every day we get to see you be the best big sister Jeremiah could ask for and knowing that no matter what you will have each other. I know we missed childhood, your first steps, your first word and your first day of school but one thing I know is that we will get to experience so many firsts with you as well like your prom, your high school graduation, your collage graduation, we will get to be there for your wedding and we will get to see you as mother (if you have children). Knowing that we will get to experience all of that with you makes us so happy you will never know how much.
We love you always, Mom and Jeju.’

‘You remembered?’ Hannah asked as tears fell down her face.

‘Of course we remembered. A year ago today was when you finally came home we could never forget that.’ Lena told her.

‘I love you both so much.’ Hannah told the both of them.

‘We love you so much. Never forget that.’ Kara said as she moved her chair so she could sit next to Hannah.

Hannah opened the present that Lena and Kara had gotten her. She couldn’t believe that they had gotten her the newest Laptop.

‘We know yours broke and you deserve the best.’ Lena told her.

‘Thank you so much.’ Hannah said to them.

‘You’re welcome sweetie.’ Lena told her.

The three of them made their way over to the living room. Hannah sat between her mom’s as she cuddled up to Lena. They watched an episode of Parks and rec before Jeremiah woke up. Kara
got him some breakfast and after that they spent the day as a family. Throughout the day Lena would watch her wife and kids and think at how perfect her life is and that she wouldn’t change a
thing.

Notes:

Thank you so much for reading, leaving comments and Kudos.

Notes:

As this is my first fic feedback would be great. Thank you to everyone that read this. If people want I will add more chapters to include other characters.

Series this work belongs to: