Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-04-08
Updated:
2020-04-15
Words:
9,656
Chapters:
2/?
Comments:
15
Kudos:
48
Bookmarks:
9
Hits:
582

Speed (AU)

Summary:

Emma Swan an L.A.P.D. SWAT team specialist who is sent to diffuse a bomb that a revenge-driven extortionist has planted on a city bus. But until she does, she will need the help of one of Regina Mills, one of the bus passengers to keep it above 50 miles per hour. Leading both women to find unexpected romance with one another.

SwanQueen AU loosely based on the 1994 film Speed with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock.

Notes:

Phew! The first chapter is a long and wild one, so I hope all my readers are ready to see this come to life in the world of Emma Swan and Regina Mills. I will most likely be sticking to how the film is portrayed as best as I can, but if I feel the need to change anything to fit our girls better- I will. I will be writing this upon that many of you requested it, and given what a huge Sandra and Keanu fan I am, I couldn't say no. Let's see how many likes, followers, favorites and or reviews the first chapter gets, depending on its response, I will upload the next chapter where our ladies will meet. ;)

I thought I'd make this even more fun and name each chapter after some of my favorite quotes from the film lol

Chapter 1: Pop Quiz, Hot Shot!

Chapter Text

A bead of sweat made its way down Hades’ temple, all the way down to his jawline. His hands were steady, cool and collected as he was right now. You’d had to be when dealing with a bomb. That’s right, a bomb. He was an expert at dismantling them as well as building them now, given his experience as an L.A.P.D. bomb squad officer.

Except now, he wasn’t about to save anyone from a bomb that had been planted, he was planting that same bomb himself.

The bead of sweat that was making its way down his temple was due to the hot temperature in the room as he was preparing the control to the bomb he had planted on an elevator inside this building. As well as his built up excitement in getting to see his most favorite cop of the entire L.A.P.D. department.

He always came prepared and one step ahead of his game when it came to Emma Swan.

If there was anyone he hated more than the entire police department, it was their most youngest and crazy cop, Emma.

It wasn’t because she was a woman, he just felt so much hatred and desire for vengeance after he served for many years with nothing to show for but a shot off thumb. And he hated her in particular because she was only twenty seven years old and already assigned to S.W.A.T. She was reckless and thought she could bring anyone down. Just like he was once upon a time ago, without nothing to show for.

Well, as it had become, what felt like, a daily routine for both him and Swan, it was time for another cat and mouse game.

He really enjoyed those, because he knew that no matter where or when he would show up with another prepared bomb for the blonde cop, she would always show up. It never failed.

Hades’s back was turned, his hands coming to a complete stop as he heard a voice behind him that could only belong to a security guard belonging to that building.

“Excuse me,” Said the guard, “This area is restricted.”

Hades sighed as he stood up, wearing an electrician’s uniform to fit his part, “Yeah, I know. They called me down here due to wires being all screwed up.”

The man’s brows furrowed, his head tilting, “Nobody called it down to me. I’m going to have to see a work order.”

“Yeah. Give me a minute.” Hades bent down to an open tool box, gathering a slip of paper. All while he placed his other hand at the bottom of the slip, hiding a screwdriver which he jammed into the security guard’s ear. A grunt was heard as his eyes grew wide. “Nothing personal.” He grinned. Watching as the now stiff body fell to the floor in a hard thud.
____________________

Low chatter was heard coming from a group board meeting. Everyone standing up from their chairs as they began to make their way out of the board room, through two giant wooden doors.

“That was a hell of a presentation, Marty. Very well done. Congratulations.” One man said to another as he shook his hand.

He smiled proudly in return, shaking the extended hand, “Thank you.”

The group of businessmen and women made their way down the hallway, heading towards the closest pair of elevators. The youngest of the group, quickly rushed in between everyone as he was all the way in the back. “Hold the doors, please!” he shouted, rushing inside the elevator, followed by everyone else.

The lobby button was pressed by a short man that was standing right before it, lighting a bright white as the elevator doors soon closed.

“Thanks for pushing that, Bob,” A taller man said, throwing in a bit of humor, “The lights on, but you never know what really might be broken.”

“Shut up.” The shorter man glared back, giving his back to him as he turned around again.

42, 41…

The elevator made its way down slowly, while everyone waited patiently for it to reach the lobby. Soft murmuring was the hint of conversation heard within the small compartment, as a woman leaned into her husband to inform him of a reminder.

A red light flashed as Hades pressed on the first button that caused part of the bomb to explode, which damaged one of the gears on top of the elevator, causing everyone inside to scream in fear as the compartment shook. Lights flickering and all, causing everyone to gasp in fear.

Hades finger pressed down on the second button, causing another explosion to sound off. This time everyone screamed in fear as the cables ripped apart, causing the compartment to start dropping fast. So fast, the lights inside the elevator flickered off and on, turning red from explosion and impact of the fall.

 

Sparks started coming out as the emergency brakes were quick to act, causing the elevator to begin slowing down to a stop, but not before going down two more floors at a fast pace. Everyone panted, frightened for their lives and standing absolutely still.

“Jesus. Bob, what button did you push?” Asked the same tall man, looking around and up above, waiting and hoping to God the elevator would no longer move an inch.
_____________________

Sirens wailed as a few police cars arrived at the scene, along with a firefighting truck that was already there. One police cruiser’s tires screeched on the bare pavement, stopping right in front of the building while a couple of pedestrians ran out in fear. Next came another police cruiser, sirens sounding as it flew in at high speed. Literally flew in, brakes screeching from the impact it made as it landed on the side of the road.

August came out of the passenger side of the vehicle, rushing his way towards the trunk of the car. He pulled out two bullet proof vests, keeping one for himself and tossing the other to his partner of many years. Emma.

Both cops placed their vests on, rushing inside the building with guns in hand. Emma allowed her weapon to hang off to the side, bringing her hands up to cup each side of her blonde hair as she placed it in a rather quick, messy ponytail. A few loose strands stubbornly making their way to the side of her face.

She followed right behind August, loading up her weapon, cocking it, wanting to be prepared for any sort of encounter she might have with Hades. Because just as he knew her well enough- she knew his every move as well.

“Mr. Bagwell make sure these other elevators remain locked down and empty.” Lieutenant David Nolan ordered from within the surveillance room, walking his way out, “Now there’s no other way, no doors, no other way in or out except through access panels. Is that correct?” He asked Mr. Bagwell as he joined his S.W.A.T. crew just outside the room.

“Yes, sir.”

David stood right in the middle of his crew- within it was August and Emma, “Alright, listen up! What we have here are thirteen passengers in an express elevator below floor thirty.” He pointed at the area where the elevator found itself on a map they had laid out for him, “Bomb’s already taken out cables. Bomber wants three million dollars, or he blows the emergency brakes.”

“What’s our clock?” Asked August.

“He gave one hour.” Killian spoke, looking over at David, “That leaves us twenty three minutes exactly.”

“Anything else that will keep this elevator from falling?” Asked a fellow officer.

Emma’s eyes exchanged looks from one fellow officer to the next, “Yeah, the basement.”

“The city would like to avoid that event, officer Swan.” He brushed off the blonde’s attempted humor. His tone is as serious as they come.

“We can’t just unload the passengers?” August asked.

“This is an express elevator, boys and girls. The only way in or out is through access panels,” He continued, his tone slightly echoing through the marbled walls of the building, “The bomber’s also wired the hatch to trigger the bomb, which seats him in the crazy but not stupid section.”

Emma gave a quick look towards August, “Sir, August volunteers to examine the device.” Was all she could think of to blurt out. Many years chasing creeps like today’s, she was going to catch him if it was the last thing she did. And the only way to do that was to volunteer her best friend and go along with him. After all, the man did know his shit when it came down to bombs.

Of course, August didn’t feel the same way. He knew Emma wanted to catch him- even he wanted to catch this maniac badly, but he wasn’t about to put himself in front of a bomb for her.

“Yeah, right.” August scoffed, his eyes looking at his crazy partner and back towards their boss.

“Fine. The two of you check it out.” David ordered, which caused officer Booth to clench his jaw.

“The nearest access panel’s on the thirty-second floor in the lobby.” Mr. Bagwell informed the two police officers.

“I want reports only. We’re in a holding pattern.” David’s eyes turned to two of his other officers, “Humbert and Page I want you to secure the base area. No one in or out,” his eyes moved towards the rest, “Everyone else, I want you to affirm building evac. Move!”

The corner of the blonde’s thin lips curved upward into a smirk as she looked over at August, playfully punching his bicep as they walked to where they needed to go, “Looks like we’re walkin’.”
____________________

“Twenty-nine!” Emma counted, heading up the set of stairs along with a panting August and Killian by her side. “Thirty!” Another set of stairs were climbed, “Thirty-one…” She stopped as they reached their last flight of stairs, aiming her weapon at the door, while August stood on the other side, ready to pull it open, “Thirty-two.”

As August pulled open the door, Emma entered her way inside first, her weapon on aim as she looked to her left. Checking that everything was clear, while August and Killian checked the rest of the hallway. The blonde quickly followed them along, her hand rolled into a fist as she knocked along the wall, listening to the difference of the sounds it made.

She stopped as she could hear a hollow thud along one of the walls. Quickly placing her weapon off to the side, while her hand pulled on the velcro pocket of her uniform pants, withdrawing a small drill that she started using to pull open the panel.

The drilling was loud enough it echoed through the hollowness of where the elevator was. All thirteen passengers looked up with hope that someone would finally rescue them.

“What is that noise?” Asked one of the female passengers.

“Hello?” A man’s voice echoed as he continued to shout, “Is anyone out there? Please help us!”

Even Hades who was hiding inside another elevator looked up towards the sound of the drilling and shouts of one of the passengers.

“Please! Get us out of here!”

Emma looked down at the long stretched fall, filled with ladders and endless metal bars. Her head turned to August who came by with a chair, placing it in front of the panel entrance as both of them immediately crossed over, climbing down a ladder, carefully stepping across a few of the bars.

Hades was listening to everything. He could hear the echoing sounds of heavy boots that walked their way above him. He knew that was Emma, because who else would it be? No other cop wanted to catch him as bad as she did.

It was almost an honor for him to play this continuous cat and mouse game with her.

“Who’s up there? What’s going on?” Asked a voice from inside the elevator.

August flashed his flashlight right at the bomb that was resting on top of it, quickly inspecting it as Emma spoke up next, “Ladies and gentlemen this is the L.A.P.D.”

“Thank God!” A woman sighed, placing a hand on her chest in relief.

“What are you doing up there?” Another man asked from within the elevator.

“There’s been an elevator malfunction, so just relax...” Replied Emma, her eyes inspecting the other explosive devices that were placed on the emergency brakes as August pointed his light right towards them.

“Hey, come on! What are you waiting for?”

“We’ll have you out of there as soon as possible.” Emma’s eyes looked over to August, “Am I lying?” She asked him, almost in what sounded kind of like a sarcastic tone while she chewed her gum calmly.

“How come they sent cops here?” Another man’s brows furrowed, “Shouldn’t they send repair guys?”

“It doesn’t make any sense.” Replied another.

Emma moved closer to the bombs, getting a better look as August kept his flashlight directed to the devices.

“What do you think?” He asked her.

Emma’s eyes met his, “You’re the expert, I just work here.”

“Looks pretty solid.” Said August.

“Anyone we know?” Emma looked around for any other hidden devices.

Officer Booth shook his head, “I don’t recognize the work, but he’s a pro.” He looked down at his watch, “He’s cutting close.”

They wouldn’t recognize the work, because this time Hades had come up with some new devices and as unexpected as all this was. Emma didn’t have one good feeling in her body about all this.

“I don’t like it.” She shook her head, looking around over her shoulder again.

“What’s to like? David said we hold, so we hold.”

Emma looked up, quickly climbing up the bar that was slightly above her head, meeting up there with August. Meanwhile, Hades remained silent and listening to their conversation.

“Alright, pop quiz,” August told her, “You’re at the airport. Gunman with one hostage. He’s using her for cover. He’s almost to a plane. You’re a hundred feet away.”

Emma moved around, her eyes focused on the bomb, the elevator, all her possible surroundings as she remained quiet and focused.

“Emma.” August called out to her.

“Shoot the hostage.” She replied without another thought.

Booth’s lips parted, “What?”

Her green eyes met with his blue ones, “Take her out of the equation. Go for the good wound, and he can’t get to the plane with her. Clear shot.”

August shook his head, “You’re deeply nuts, you know that? ‘Shoot the hostage.’ Geez.” He made a sound that was mixed with a chuckle and a scoff. As crazy as the blonde’s story sounded, he knew she was crazy enough to do something like that.

Emma’s brows furrowed, her features focused on the clear view of the device. Her head tilting, “August, this is wrong. He’s going to blow it anyway.” She spoke in almost a whisper.

“Why?” He asked.

She shook her head in response, “I don’t know. Gut feeling.”

“Well, right now, David outranks your gut, so we sit.” Her partner replied, almost as if giving her an order.

Inside the elevator, everyone was growing inpatient.

“This is taking way too long.” Said a man, feeling as if he could suffocate at any moment if he had to sit in that elevator for another hour.

While Emma, her brain was already working twice as fast, coming up with a quick plan. “How much do you think that elevator weighs?”

“Emma, come on.” August rolled his eyes, already seeing the gears turn in her head.

Emma looked up, “Maybe we can do something about those hostages.” Without warning or permission granted, she began to quickly climb up the ladder.

August was quicker to follow, knowing that once Emma got something inside her head, not even the devil himself could divert her from it. “We’re not going to shoot ‘em, right?”

All three officers found themselves running out onto the rooftop of the building, guns in hand and on aim, remaining aware of their surroundings. Emma glanced up at a bright yellow lift that was placed on a higher part of the building. Her light bulb coming on, gears turning inside her head, quickly getting an idea.

“No, we just take them out of the equation.”

August looked towards the blonde’s line of sight, up at the lift as he heard her voice.

Emma climbed up a ladder, walking along an edge and a small walk along the way, quickly reaching for a long metallic cable. She allowed it to fall for August to reach. He quickly ran along the bottom, attaching the end of the hook that was part of the other end of the cable he held, to a giant air vent.

“Are you sure it’ll hold?” He asked the blonde, looking up at her, shielding the sun from his eyes.

Emma nodded, “It’ll hold.”

August glanced down at his watch, “Six minutes!”
____________________

“I can’t wait that long. He’s not talking! I need the goddamn money now.” David spoke over the phone, shouting at first but lowering his voice on the last part of his sentence. He knew as well as August did, that time was running out and fast.

Once back inside the panel of the elevators, Emma held onto the other end of the long hooked cable. August had tied gear on her as he held onto a rope that was meant to slide his partner all the way down to where the damaged elevator hung. He carefully released a length of rope at a time, watching her carefully as she grew father and farther away.

“Tell me again, Aug. Why did I take this job?” She asked.

August let out a small grunt, his arms moving at ease along with the rope that held all his partner’s weight, “Oh, come on. Thirty more years of this, you get a tiny pension and a cheap gold watch.”

“Cool. Whoa!” She exclaimed as she reached the top of the elevator. Carefully she hooked the giant hook onto the top of it around the loop where some of the busted wires went through, giving August a quick thumbs up as she began to be pulled back up by him.

Hades’s blue eyes were a bright blue. He stood still inside the elevator where he was already working on a new plan, he could hear all that was going on very clearly. He knew what Emma was trying to do. He glanced down at the remote he held in his hand, immediately pressing the second button that was armed and ready.

“Don’t fuck with daddy.” He said to himself.

Three beeps were followed as red lights came on every device, immediately causing three explosions that caused the elevator compartment to start dropping, fast. Emma and August grunted, losing their balance due to everything shaking underneath their boots. Screams from the passengers inside the elevator were followed, feeling as their stomachs dropped all the way down to their toes with the fall. The cable ties that Emma had hooked onto the elevator echoing in the distance as it stopped the compartment from dropping any further. The impact was so much, it made the lift bent slightly forward. But it was still strong enough to hold.

One of the woman’s legs fell straight through the bottom of the elevator with the impact. She grew pale white as the other passengers screamed in fear, trying their best to pull her back up to safety. As safe as they could feel anyway.

“He’s early! Son of a bitch is early!” August told his partner, both running along the same pathway as before to get back down as quickly as possible before the elevator really collapsed.

The bolts on the lift popped off soon after, causing it to be pulled as it flew right through the vent, followed through a fan and lastly slamming against a gigantic metal bar. Had it not been for that bar, the elevator would have already collapsed. But it stopped once again.

Of course, that didn’t stop the passengers from banging on the doors themselves and screaming for help.

Emma’s legs flew down the steps, jumping the last few sets as she reached open the door before August.

“David, we need more help up here, now!” August spoke through his device, following Emma right out the door and into another part of the building.

She was quick to start drilling the panel off the wall, seeing the first sight of a female passenger that was lying on the floor, begging for her to help them.

Seeing the doors to the elevator open was like a breath of fresh air, but the nightmare wasn’t over until they were all out safe and sound.

“Please, get me out of here!” Pleaded the blonde woman, her eyes looking into Emma’s in pure fear.

Emma reached out towards the woman, “Give me your hand! It’s okay!”

“Please, pull me through!” Pleaded the woman, feeling as her body slid across the floor from being pulled out of the elevator by the blonde cop. But not before a few shouts were heard once again, due to the lift sliding forwards just a bit more, not being able to hold the weight of the compartment completely. They needed to act fast in releasing the rest of the pedestrians.

“Watch her head!” Said August, watching as the woman wrapped her arms around Emma’s neck, desperately seeking for comfort and safety.

“I got you, you’re alright.” Said Emma, pulling the rest of her body out until her feet touched the ground. “You’re fine now. You’re fine.” Her head turned to glance at three cops running their way up to her. She quickly handed the woman over to them, “Here, take her.” She turned her attention to the next passenger inside the elevator, “Okay, let’s go! Next!”

“Oh, thank you!” Said another woman, her body being pulled and held by the blonde as she was handed to a group of other officers that were there to help.

The lift moved forward a little more, causing the compartment to drop a little more. The next fellow passenger shot out of the doors as he was held by Emma and August. Emma quickly reached out for another passenger that was eager to make his way out. And as they reached out again, the elevator compartment moved further down, causing the next passenger to fall back inside with impact. Through screams of horror, he stood back up using all of his arm strength to rise up as Emma and August pulled him out to safety.

“Come on.” August held out his arm to whoever wanted to come out next.

“Let’s go!” Emma urged them, holding out her hand which was grabbed by a weeping woman who was lifted up by two men that were still in the elevator with her. Both Emma and August were quick to pull her up.

“Watch your head.” Said August, placing his hand above the woman’s head as they pulled her body out completely to safety. Followed by the second male.

The last male passenger held out his hand to the last female that was cowardly against a corner of the elevator, “Come on, lady! Come on! Come on! He urged her as she shook her head in fear. But he wasn’t sticking around to help who didn’t want to be helped, he jumped up next, reaching for the police officer’s hands as he was immediately pulled up to safety.

Emma leaned slightly forward, stretching her hand out to the woman who was still cowarding against the corner, “Come on. Come on, let’s go.” She insisted as the woman would just shake her head in fear, “It’s going to fall.” Her green eyes looked straight into the woman’s, “Just take one step, reach out and take my hand. Come on!” She then shouted after the woman wouldn’t move. “Come on!”

Against all fear, the woman hurried her way across, jumping up, reaching for the blonde’s hand, followed by August’s. “Oh, God! Don’t let go of me!” She cried out, her feet hanging in the air as she was soon pulled up and out of the compartment.

“You’re okay.” August grunted, pulling her up with all his might along with Emma’s help.

The woman’s feet were inches away from being impacted by the elevator, for as soon as she was pulled out, everything collapsed down, taking the lift and cable with it. A loud clanging sound followed as the elevator collapsed all the way to the first floor in the lobby. David and the few police officers that were with him, as well as the building manager rushed back due to the impact of the fall. It was so hard delivered that the elevator doors to the lobby were slightly bent.

Shouts from everyone followed as they were rushed out of the floor and the building entirely. The only two remaining there were August and Emma, who leaned against the open panel, each taking a much needed breath through their exhausted panting.

“Was it good for you?” Asked Emma, slightly smirking as her eyes looked over at her partner.

“Oh, it was great for me. How was it for you, honey?” August kid back, moving away from the opened panel.

“Elevator dropped.” Replied Emma, standing up right.

“Oh, good. That’s good to know.” He released a much needed sigh as he joined the blonde to sit down in some nearby chairs. His eyes closing for a moment.

Emma released a short held breath of her own. She turned to her partner as her brain still wondered with questions that simply did not add up to her, “Is your watch slow?” She asked him.

“Uh-uh.” He shook his head, “No, no, he jumped the gun. We had three minutes left.”

“Why does he do that? He’s losing his three million.”

August sighed, his eyes opening back up, “I don’t know. Maybe he couldn’t hold his wad long enough. It’s a common problem among middle-aged men. So I’m told.”

Normally Emma would have chuckled at the man’s joke, but her head was working a thousand miles an hour for that now. She stood up, looking to her partner over her shoulder, “He’s here.”

“He could have blown that thing from Pacoima.” August replied, remaining in his seat with no intention of moving. They worked their asses off enough today, saving every single pedestrian in that elevator. They had a good day.

Emma on the other hand, wasn’t ready to call it a day. She faced her partner once again, “No. He knew we were up to something. He’s close by.”

August disagreed, wanting badly to go home. Besides, this guy wouldn’t be stupid enough to be close by, risking a chance at getting caught, “He’s not going to corner himself in a building. We evacuated anyway. Come on.”

Emma stood her ground, staring him down in silence.

August rolled his eyes, leaning forward as he released a sigh. His forearms resting against his thighs as he looked up at his partner, “Alright. He’d want to be here, but he’d want to stay mobile, right?”

Emma nodded, hands resting on her hips.

“The elevators?”

“The passenger cars were stopped. They checked them out.” Said Emma.

August head looked up, “What about the freight elevators?”

Emma pointed to him, giving him a look as in saying: That’s it! She moved fast around the corner to another set of elevator doors with August close behind. She took a pair of pliers, prying open the elevator doors and jamming one of them with said pliers so they would remain open. Both officers looked down at the sight of another elevator that had been stopped.

“Will the mystery guest please sign in?”

August looked over at the blonde with a questioning look, “What?” His eyes followed her as she quickly grabbed a hold of the cables, sliding her way down without another word, “Emma!” He hissed out her name, “Damn it.” He took the ladder that was beside him, making his way down more carefully as Emma stood on top of the elevator. Her feet quietly stepping over the top.

Both officers moved around the top of the elevator, quiet as a mouse. August bent down, signaling the blonde who held out her weapon on aim, that he would open the top compartment, for her to be ready.

A shotgun blast was heard next, blowing a hole through the roof of the elevator, startling both officers that could have been shot. Two, three more shots were fired, hole after hole appearing causing both of them to move away fast. Emma keeping her weapon on aim as she had moved to the edge of the roof. But before August could even move another inch, the roof collapsed around him, dropping him down into the elevator.

He grunted in pain from the fall, “Shit!” His eyes looked up at the end of the barrel of the shotgun Hades had on him.

Emma looked down, moving quickly back up with a grunt as two more shots fired her way, missing her completely.

Hades looked down at August, picking the poor man up by his nose, forcing him to stand, “Up! Get your ass up!” He entered a code in his device that he had hooked up to the elevator, making it start moving upward. He smirked as he looked up at the blonde. She was trapped with nothing left to do but jump down to where he was.

Emma looked up as the very top of the building was getting closer and closer. Her body jumped through the hole on the roof of the elevator, quickly attempting to get up as she hit the floor. Her green eyes turned dark as she stared at Hades who quickly aimed his weapon, inches away from her face.

“I don’t suppose anybody would give me three million just for you.”

Emma’s forehead was glossy with tiny sweat beads. She didn’t dare to blink as she stared Hades right in the eye. Daring him to take the shot.

Click!

Emma’s natural reaction was to jerk back at the loud click of an empty weapon. She grunted as her hand grabbed onto the weapon, standing quickly to her feet. She drew her weapon right at Hades who had pulled August up to his feet by the collar of his shirt.

“Hold it!” Hades arm was wrapped around August’s neck, standing behind him as he used him as a shield. Bombs were strapped to his body. His other hand holding onto the detonator for the blonde to see. “Pop quiz, hot shot. Terrorist holding a police hostage. He’s got enough dynamite strapped to his chest to blow a building in half. Now what do you do?” He taunted her.

Emma kept her weapon on aim, “There’s going to be fifty cops waiting for you in the basement.”

Hades smirked, “Oh, standard flanking deployment, right? Well, maybe we’ll get off on the third floor, huh?” He pressed the button labeled with the number three, entering his own code into the controller he had installed that would make the cops see what he wanted them to see, instead of giving up his actual location. “At least that’s what they’ll think.”
____________________

“I want a location on those damn shots!” David demanded over his speaking device, giving his attention to Killian, “Jones, where’s Emma and August?”

“Lieutenant, we have movement on the freight elevator.” Jones informed him, looking at the meter that informed them what elevator was going where.

David smirked as the elevator apparently stopped on floor number 3, “It’s on three. Let’s move!”
____________________

As the doors opened, the elevator coming to a complete stop, Hades grip tightened on August’s throat as he walked a step backward, “End of the line. This day has been real disappointing, I don’t mind saying.”

Emma followed the man’s steps, stepping out of the elevator, her weapon on aim, “Why, because you didn’t get to kill everyone?”

Hades continued walking backward, his eyes connected with Emma’s, “There will come a time, Swan, where you’ll wish you never met me.”

“Mister, I’m already there.” Replied Emma, walking forward, her eyes on the target.

Hades smirked, “But, you see I’m in charge here. I drop this stick, huh,” He waved the detonator tauntingly, “And they pick your friend up with a sponge.” His eyes looked towards August, “Are you ready to die, friend?”

“Fuck you.” August spat out, his breathing becoming more and more rapid by the minute.

Hades smirk disappeared, his brows furrowing with anger, “Oh! In two hundred years we’ve come from, ‘I regret but but I have one life to give for my country’ to ‘Fuck you’”? He gritted his teeth at the officer in disgust.

“Go ahead, drop the stick. Do it.” August dared him.

“Shut up, August.” Emma ordered him, keeping her weapon on aim.

Hades smirked, “Oh, we got all the balls in the world right here, man!” He mocked them, laughing right after at how young and stupid both officers were.

Emma’s jaw clenched in anger, “Give it up! You’ve got nowhere to go!”

August’s eyes found Emma’s, “Shoot the hostage,” he whispered to her.

Emma’s head tilted off to the side, quickly lowering her weapon to another target, firing a direct shot to August’s thigh.

That made Hades release the man, watching as he screamed and grunted in pain. His body hitting the wall, falling to the floor.

August looked up at the blonde with a deadly glare, “You fuck!”

Emma’s brows shot up, shrugging her shoulders at her partner’s surprised reaction. Her eyes grew dark once again as she aimed her weapon right at Hades who stood there with a smirk on his face as he slowly began backing up against a door that led to the garage, “Freeze!” She shouted at him, the vein on her forehead ready to pop as the man pushed open the door, making his way out calmly. She shouted again, “Freeze! Give it up, you’re out of options!”

Hades let out this maniacal laughter before he took off running into the parking garage.

Emma moved quickly towards the door, her weapon still on aim. What she didn’t expect was that as she neared the door, a loud explosion went off, blowing the door open along with her body all the way back against another door. The last thing that she remembered feeling before passing out cold from the impact was how her back hit the back door, landing back on the floor.