Actions

Work Header

Young Justice- Hello Garfield! (Re-Edit)

Chapter 40: Return of the Arsenal

Summary:

Gar tells the story of how he helps Scooby-Doo and Mystery Inc. solve the Mystery of the Arsenal's return.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

------------ The Hub ------------

In the Hub, the Outsiders were all gathered in the living room as Gar began to tell them a new story.

"So the Story began when I was still living with M'gann and Conner. It was around Halloween time..." Gar began.

------------ Beginning of Flashback ------------

---------- October 31, 2016, Halloween ----------

Gar was in his room getting his Halloween costume on. He was going as a Zookeeper for Halloween. He wore a safari type hat, Kahki Shorts and a matching buttoned up shirt, a nametag with his name on it, and Sturdy boots. His Glamour Charm to hide his green skin. The Glamour Charm made him look like a normal caucasian teenager with Red Hair and blue eyes. Gar even had a stuffed Parrot strapped to his left shoulder and carried a small safari like backpack on his back, with a stuffed Koala sticking out from the Backpack.

After Gar got into costume, he goes down stairs excited for the best night of the year. When he's down stairs, he sees M'gann, Conner, Artemis, Will, Jade and Lian all dressed up in Costumes.

"Oh my gosh, Gar!" M'gann said looking at his costume. "You look amazing!"

"Thanks, Sis!" Gar said. "I love your costume as well!"

M'gann was dressed up as Megan Wheeler from "Hello Megan!", actually she shape shifted herself to look like Megan Wheeler. "Thanks Gar!" M'gann said, before forming a sad face. "Are you sure you're ok with me dressing up as your mother!"

"It's fine Sis!" Gar said, reassuringly. "I don't have a problem with you dressing up as my mom! I see it as a way of remembering her!"

"Thanks Gar!" M'gann said giving him a hug, Gar hugged her back.

"I thought you would go as yourself!" Artemis smirked. She was dressed as a female Robin Hood.

"That would be redundant!" Gar stated. "That's like saying Superman or Barman would dress up as themselves for Halloween. Or you would dress up as Tigress."

"Noted!" Artemis said.

"So Gar, you looking forward to your Halloween date with Perdita!" Will said. He was dressed up as a Pirate Captain, with Jade dressed as the first mate, and Lian dressed up as a little Pirate.

"Yes I am!" Gar said, smiling. "And is little Lian, here ready for her first time trick or treating!"

Lian gave a smile followed by a giggle as a response.

"I'll take that as a yes!" Gar said bopping her on the nose, which made her giggle more.

"Do you know what Perdita is dressed up as?" Conner asked. Conner dressed up as Conner Manly from "Hello Megan!" M'gann talked him into it and Gar thought it was cute and hilarious at the same time.

"She told me it was a surprise!" Gar said, wondering what her costume is.

"Hey Gar!" Jade said, as she points at the stuffed Koala poking out of his backpack. "Aren't you a little too old to carry stuffed animals with you!"

"First of all, this is part of my Halloween costume!" Gar began. "Second off, you a never to old for somethings! And third, Perdita finds it cute that I still have stuffed animals!"

"Alright, Whatever!" Jade said, before whispering. "Sissy!"

"I heard that!" Gar said.

Artemis, Jade, Let's get going on trick or treating!" Will said Carrying Lian. "Halloween lasts until midnight and we gotta get this little Pirate to bed before midnight!"

"Alright," Jade said, as she, Will and Lian began to leave. "See you guys around!"

"See you guys later tonight!" Artemis said following right behind Jade.

---------- 15 minutes later ----------

After minutes of waiting, there came a knock at the door. Gar immediately ran to the door to answer it. He opened the door and saw Perdita standing in the doorway and it was an amazing sight for Gar.

Perdita was dressed up as a Vampire Queen. She wore a black wiggled her head, fake fangs, a black dress that glimmers in the moonlit night, and black heels. She had make up on her face and hands that made he look like she had pale, she even wore black eye shadow and painted her nails black.

Gar stood there lost for words, until after a few seconds he said something.

"Wow! you look beautiful, Perdita!" Gar said, before realizing what he said. " I mean, you always look beautiful, it's just your costume is amazing!"

"Thank you, Gar!" Perdita said, chuckling a bit. "I love your costume too!"

"Thanks!" Gar said. "And if you asked why I'm not going as myself, my reply to that is that it would be redundant."

"Fair point!" Perdita laughed.

"You two love birds have fun!" M'gann said.

"Thanks M'gann!" Gar said. "You as well! See you later, Sis!"

Gar closes the door behind them and both of them began to walk down the road.

"So what are we doing tonight?" Perdita asked.

"Well, every year, Happy Harbor throws a Halloween festival downtown and I thought, why don't I take my lovely girlfriend to the festival." Gar said.

"So it's like those big festivals in Vlatava!" Perdita said.

Yes it is! It's so amazing!" Gar began. "I am so excited for this! They hand out candy, have Halloween games,Halloween treats for you to try, lots of awesome decorations, there's also dancing, and a big Costume contest. And I'm so excited for this."

"It does sound exciting!" Perdita said. "Especially since this is my first Halloween!"

"Wait," Gar said surprised. "Vlatava's never celebrated Halloween?"

"Nope!" Perdita said.

"Well in that case," Gar began. "You're in for the best night ever. Full of Halloween scares, candy and dressing up."

"Can't wait!" Perdita said with a smile.

------------ Later ------------

It was 8:00 pm, Gar and Perdita finally made it to town, and it was lively tonight. Everyone was dressed up in Costumes. From scary vampires, zombies and clowns to cute baby animals, fairies and Princesses.

"You ready for your first Halloween, your majesty!" Gar said with a smirk.

"Yes!" Perdita said, before joking with him. "But don't call me your majesty!"

"Whatever you say, my Queen!" Gar continued to joke, causing her to laugh.

And so Gar and Perdita began their night at the Halloween festival by playing games. They played games like bobbing for Apple's, Corn hole, Mummy Sack Race, Pumpkin Checkers, Ghost and Pumpkin Bowling, Halloween Bean Bag Toss, Eyeball Dig, Eyeball Pong Toss, Pin the Spider on the Web, Autumn Tic-Tac-Toe, Pumpkin Golf, Halloween Bingo, and Pumpkin Ring Toss.

Then they tried several Halloween sweets and treats that they were serving their. Treats like Mummy Pumpkin Hand Pies, Pumpkin-Spiced Buns with Spiderweb Glaze, Spider Cookie Truffles, Coffin Sandwich Cookies, "Poison" Candy Apples (not really poisoned), Meringue Ghost Tartlets, Apple-Cardamom Cakes with Cider Icing, Cookie Cutter Ginger Crisps, Sweet Popcorn Balls, Mummy Cookies, Candy Corn Pudding Pops, Bloody Halloween S'mores, and many more.

After that they went to the Park to walk around the haunted maze where either Zombies, Psycho Killers, Scary Clowns popped out every corner and scared them. Then they hit the Dance Floor at the town center, and finally participated in a few challenges.

One of the challenges was a Candy Corn Guessing Game. In this challenge you have to guess how many pieces Candy Corn is in the Giant Game. If you guessed correctly, you win a bucket full of Candy. Perdita guessed 250, while Gar guessed 300. Sadly when they announced the number, neither of them were right.

They then Participated in the Costume Contest. There were a bunch of other cool costumes there as well.

The Prize for Scariest Costume went to a Teenager dressed Pennywise from the new movie, "It".

The Prize for Cutest costume went to a girl dressed as an Angel.

The Prize for most creative costume went to a guy dressed as a Venus Fly Trap.

The Prize for best group costumes went to a family dressed like the Addams Family.

The Prize for best animal costume went to a person dressed in a Velociraptor puppet.

The Prize for best Couples costume went to a guy and his wife who were dressed up as The Invisible Man and The Invisible Woman.

The Prize for the funniest costume went to a girl who had a costume that made her look like she was being carried away by an alien.

The Prize for the most original costume went to Gar.

And the Prize for best Costume went to Perdita.

Perdita was psyched that she won for best Costume and Gar was happy for her as well.

"So how are you enjoying your first Halloween?" Gar asked his beautiful girlfriend.

"It is amazing!" Perdita said. "I'm glad to be taking part in a holiday such as this! Especially with you."

Right back at ya!" Gar smiled giving her a kiss on the lips.

Just than, they saw something flying down from the sky and towards the woods.

"That doesn't look good!" Gar said.

"Should we check it out?" Perdita said.

"Well, what else should we do?" Gar said.

So both of them ran to the woods to check it. When they were running through the woods it was very foggy. Than they heard footsteps. Big metal footsteps. And it sounded like they were heading into there direction.

Gar and Perdita his behind a giant rock to avoid being spotted. The metal footsteps were moving closer...

...And Closer...

...And Closer...

...Until they finally came to a stop.

There was nothing but dead silence. The only thing that can be heard was the howling of the nightly wind. Gar signaled Perdita to stay quiet and that he was going to take a peek. Gar slowly raised his head from behind the rock.

When Gar peeked behind the rock, his eyes grew wide with shocked to see what it was a giant red metal body with a skull like face.

"It can't be!?!" Gar whispered.

"Gar, what is it?" Perdita whispered to him.

"It's the arsenal!" Gar whispered. "He's an old enemy of me and the Doom Patrol. But it doesn't make sense. This can't be him. the Arsenal died a long time ago."

"Well, I finally made it!" They heard the Arsenal say. "Now for my next priority! To find Garfield Logan!"

"Wait, he's after you!?!" Perdita said.

"Seems he wants to finish me off!" Gar said. "I have an idea, I'll lead him away from the town. You stay hidden. I'll find you after I lose him."

"Okay,"Perdita said.

"Also, hold on to this stuff for me!" Gar said taking off his backpack, parrot strap, his hat and Glamour Charm.

Gar than left his hiding spot and looked over at Arsenal. "Hey Ugly, I'm right over here!" Gar said, getting his attention.

The Arsenal turned his head to see Gar standing five feet in front of him. "Finally, we meet again."

"Yeah, it's been a while!" Gar said.

"Too long!" The Arsenal said. "I've been waiting years for this."

"If you want me, you gotta catch me first!" Gar said running off into another direction. Than a machine gun emerges from the Arsenals arm. The Arsenal than points and aims at Gar.

'Cheetah speed, don't fail me now' he thought to himself.

Than The Arsenal starts firing his Gun, and at the last Minute, Gar got a boost in his speed avoiding the bullets that were fired at him. Rockets than emerged from the Arsenals back as he began to fly and chase after him.

Gar kept on running and running leading him farther into the woods. Gar could still hear him as he continues to fire bullets at him.

Than one of the bullets hit Gar in the shoulder. Gar evinced in pain, tripped over his own leg and began tumbling to the ground. Gar looks at his shoulder to see that their was no bullet lodged in it, and no blood either.

Gar than sees a bullet in front of him and reaches out and grabs it. Only to feel that it was rubber.

'Rubber Bullets!?!' Gar thought to himself. 'That's not like the Arsenal!"

Just than, the Arsenal landed in front of him. "Looks like I caught you!" The Arsenal said.

"Says you!" Gar said before shape shifting into a bird and flying out of his costume than shape shifting into a Ma'alefa'ak. Gar than let out a roar at The Arsenal.

"What the Hell!?!" The Arsenal said. Than in a flash, all of the creatures tentacles grabbed hold of him and begins swing him around in the air and flings him towards the Ocean, Gar watches as the Arsenal plummets into the water.

'That won't hold him for long!' Gar thought to himself as he morphs back and puts his costume back on. 'I have to go back to Perdita and get back home fast.'

After Gar got his costume on Gar zoomed back to Perdita's location.

------------ Later ------------

Gar found Perdita and made their way back home. When they got there, Gar told M'gann what happened.

"The Arsenal's back!?!" M'gann said with shocked as they all stood on the porch. "But I thought he died."

"I didn't say the Arsenal is back!" Gar said, wearing his Glamour Charm and out of his costume. "I said it was someone paying homage to the original one!"

"Do you think it's Galtry?" M'gann asked.

"No!" Gar said. "I can't be him."

"I'm sorry," Perdita interrupted, who was also out of costume. "But I'm still confused on what's going on here."

"Oh, right! Sorry about that!" Gar began. "When I was still living with the Doom Patrol, A Man named Nicholas Galtry who was my mom's uncle wanted to take me away from Rita and Mento. But Rita and Mento fought for me. So Galtry hired a Villain named the Arsenal to kill Rita and Mento so he would take custody of me!"

"Why would this Galtry guy do that?" Perdita asked.

"Because I had my mom's inheritance!" Gar continued. "And Galtry wanted it for himself. That's the only reason why he wanted to take custody of me!"

"So Galtry sent the Arsenal to kill Rita and Mento. But the Arsenal was easily defeated by the Doom Patrol." Gar began. "We than manage to connect the attack to Galtry and have him and the Arsenal Arrested. But than months later the Arsenal escaped from prison to seek revenge on the Doom Patrol. He made a new suit with new weapons. It wasn't an easy fight against him, but suddenly, his suit malfunctioned. We tried to help him, but he made hard because of his hatred towards us. In the end his suit burst into flames, killing him in the process."

Perdita was lost for words by the story.

"It was one of the things that haunted the Doom Patrol for years." Gar said.

"And what about Galtry?" Perdita asked. "What makes you think that It isn't Galtry who is the Arsenal!"

"Because about a year ago," Gar began. "Galtry escaped from prison. But after escaping, his was never found and led to believe that his body was lost at sea forever!"

"Now, this is a mystery!" Perdita said.

"Maybe, this Arsenal is probably related to the original Arsenal!" M'gann began.

"That could be possible! He's probably seeking revenge on me!" Gar began, as he remembers something else. "But, what's even weirder is that this Arsenal was using Rubber Bullets! That's not like the Arsenal, it doesn't make sense!"

"Maybe, he doesn't want you dead!" M'gann said. "He probably wants you alive!"

"But why?" Gar asked still confused.

"I don't know!" Perdita said. "But this is becoming more and more mysterious!"

"We'll figure this out!" M'gann said. "Eventually!"

"I hope so!" Gar said. "Hey wait! Where's Conner?"

"Oh, he's fixing someone's van who broke down near our house." M'gann said. "Not Criticizing or anything, but they drive a oddly brightly colored van.

"Hey, Megan," Conner called from the Garage. "It's going to take a while to get their Van fixed, so I told them they could hang here until it's done. If that's okay with you?"

"Of course it is!" M'gann said. "Bring them over here!"

"So Conner signaled his hand to the people in the Garage and began to walk towards Gar, Perdita, and M'gann. Following Conner was four Young Adults and A Brown Great Dane.

Once Gar saw the four of them and their dog. Gar couldn't believe his eyes.

"Scooby!?" Gar said suddenly, getting everyone's attention. "Shaggy!?"

"Fred! Daphne! Velma!"

"Gar?" Daphne said with surprise in the tone of her voice.

"OH MY GOSH!!! GUYS!!!" Gar shouted running to them and giving them hugs. "It's so good to see you again!"

"Like, It's good to see you too!" Shaggy said.

Scooby than jumped on Gar and began licking him. Gar began to laugh as Scooby licked him. "It's good to see you again, Scooby!"

Conner, M'gann and Perdita all stood confused about what's going on here.

"Gar," M'gann said finally. "You know these people!?!"

"Yes!" Gar said. "This is Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma. And they are Mystery Inc. We met when I was still living with mom!"

"Oh yeah, how is your mom doing?" Daphne asked.

A sad expression than appeared on his face. M'gann, Conner and Perdita all shared the same expression. Worried looks began to form on the Scooby Gangs faces when they saw the sadness in Gar's. "My mom, passed away five years ago!"

The Gang stood silent, all had shocked expressions on their faces upon hearing the news.

"Oh my god!" Daphne finally said, sounding upset by the news and bringing Gar into a sympathetic hug.. "Gar, I'm so sorry! I didn't..."

"It's okay Daphne, you didn't know!" Gar said, reassuringly.

"How are you holding up after that?" Fred asked.

"The pain hasn't gone away!" Gar began. "But I'm doing fine. And I have help getting through it. And I live here with my sister!"

"Sister?" Daphne said surprised.

"Like, you never told us you had a sister!" Shaggy said.

"You Never asked!" Gar said, before introducing his sister to them. "This is my Sister, Megan!"

"Row, you Rook just like Marie when she was Young!" Scooby said.

"Jinkies! Scooby's right, she does!" Velma said amazed by the resemblance.

"You're dog can talk!" Conner said.

"You get used to it!" Gar said with a smile, than turns to Mystery Inc. "This is Conner, Megan's boyfriend."

"Wait a minute!" Daphne said. "Her name's Megan, his name's Conner."

"Yes, we know!" M'gann said. It's like "Hello Megan!"

"How ironic!" Velma said.

"And this is... " Gar began, before Daphne interrupted.

"Jeepers!" Daphne said. "Your Queen Perdita, of Vlatava!"

"Yes, that's me!" Perdita said.

"But, like, what are you doing here?" Shaggy Asked in confusion. The rest of the Gang was just as confused as well.

"Just spending, my first Halloween with my boyfriend!" Perdita said as she held Gar's hand. A small smile appeared on Car's face. Scooby and the Gang had surprised looks on their faces, with their eyes bugging out and jaws hanging Open.

"Wait, you're dating the Queen of Vlatava!" Fred said, still surprised.

"Yes!" Gar said.

"How did you two even meet?" Velma asked.

"Well, it's not a once upon a time story," Perdita said as a sad expression formed on her face. "Nor is it a cheerful one!"

"Yeah," Gar said, sharing the same expression. "We met at a funeral for a friend of ours."

"Oh! I'm sorry for your loss, Your Majesty!" Velma said with sympathy.

"Thank you!" Perdita said. "And there's no need to call me "Your Majesty"! You can just call me Perdita! And any friends of Gar, are friends of mine!"

"Really!?" Scooby asked. Perdita gave him a nod and pet him. "Rell, Rokay!"

"How did you train your dog to speak English?" Perdita asked.

"Like, we didn't!" Shaggy answered. "Scooby-Doo has been speaking English since the day I adopted him. And like, probably long before that!"

"So how is he able to speak English?" Perdita asked.

"We don't know!" Velma said. "That's just one of the unsolved mysteries of Scooby! That and the opposable thumbs he has on his front paws!"

"Dude! I still can't believe you are dating a Queen!" Fred said to Gar.

"Yeah well, A lot has changed since we last saw each other!" Gar said.

"I can tell!" Daphne said. "Your going to have to catch us up as well!"

"THOUGHT YOU'VE GOTTEN RID OF ME THAT EASILY, LOGAN!?!" They heard a voice shout, they looked up in the sky to see a giant metal man flying in the sky. "NO ONE ESCAPES THE ARSENAL!!!"

Than giant guns emerged from his hand.

"ZOINKS!!!" Shaggy shouted.

"RIKES!!!" Scooby shouted as he jumped into Shaggy's arm.

"EVERYONE TAKE COVER!!!" Gar shouted as the all ran and dove for cover as the Arsenal began shooting. They all dove for cover in the tree's.

"GAR!!! WHO IS THAT!?!" Daphne asked.

"His name is the Arsenal!" Gar said. "It's kinda a long story! One in which I will tell you after I handle him!"

"Handle him!?!" Velma said. "How are you going to handle him?"

"Like this!" Gar said grabbing a hold of his Glamour Charm. "Shaggy! Scooby! Whatever you do, don't freak out!"

"Like, freak out about what!" Shaggy said.

"This!" Gar said taking his Glamour Charm off. His skin went from Caucasian to Light Green, his Red Hair to Dark Green, and his blue eyes to Green eyes. Fur began to grow on his arms and legs, a tail began to emerge from his shorts, and Sideburns appeared on his head.

Scooby and the Gang stood there shocked by Gar's new appearance.

"Gar!?!" Daphne said in confusion.

Than what shocked them the most was when he shape shifted into a Gorilla. As he shape shifted, his clothes got torn and a red and white collar appeared on his neck.

The Green Gorilla let out a roar and than jumped in the Air towards the Arsenal. The Gang stood there lost for words.

"Like did that just happened!?!" Shaggy said.

"Yes it did!" M'gann said as her clothes morphed into her bio-suit, Her skin turned Green, while still retaining her Long Red Hair, and Face.

"Conner, Gar's gonna need our help." M'gann said. "The rest of you stay here!"

M'gann began to fly in the air to aid Gar, with Conner following behind her.

The Gang still stood confused.

"What is Happening, right now!" Fred shouted.

Meanwhile, Gar was delivering punches to the Arsenal, but barely made a dent in him. Than two mallets formed on the Arsenals hands and began swinging them around at Gar, hitting him a few times.

Conner that rammed into the Arsenal at full throttle. And sending him flying into a tree. Then, the Arsenal morphed his hands into guns again and began firing at them again.

Conner got in front of Gar, becoming a human shield for him. Than Conner zooms towards the Arsenal and tears the guns off him, then punches the Criminal down.

"You're Kryptonian!?" The Arsenal said. "Well than, let's see you handle this than!"

A small hatch on his chest opens up, the Arsenal reaches into it and pulls out what looked like green glowing crystals. But it wasn't just crystals. It was Kryptonite.

The radiation from the Kryptonite began to weaken Conner. "W-where did you get that?" Conner said struggling to get up.

"Stole it from one of Cadmus' labs!" The Arsenal said, dropping the chunk of radiated crystals on Conner.

"SUPERBOY!!!" Both Gar and M'gann Shouted.

Gar morphed into a Rhino and began charging at him, and used his horn to hit him in the air, where M'gann grabbed hold of him with his telekinesis. But than the Arsenals hand morphed again and this time it blew a blast of Fire at M'gann.

When the heat wave from the flames hit M'gann, she began to feel week and fainted, thus losing her grip on the Arsenal. M'gann began to fall to the ground, but Gar Caught her just in time.

Gar gently placed her down, than went back to his fight with the Arsenal.

Gar then morphed into a Ma'alefa'ak and jumped at The Arsenal, using his maw to grab hold of his arm and toss him several feet away. Than Gar sent two Tentacles towards The Arsenal, each tentacle grabbed hold of both the Arsenal's arms. The tentacles began to drag him over to Gar where Gar delivered several punches to him.

But than the Arsenal delivered a kick into Gar's chest, causing Gar to lose his grip on him. The Arsenal than delivers a punch to Gar's face, than the Arsenal grabbed hold of one of his tentacles and flung him towards a tree.

Gar's back made contact with the tree and then he fell to the ground, reverting back to his normal self. The Arsenal than got closer to Gar and before Gar could do anything, the Arsenal grabbed hold of him by the neck. Than he lifts Gar up still gripping his neck.

"Now that I have you, you are going to tell me what I need to know!" The Arsenal said.

"W-What do you... mean!?!" Gar said struggling with his words as the Arsenal continued to. "Why do you... want me alive?"

"Like I would tell you!" The Arsenal said.

"I-if this is about... what happened with the O-original Arsenal..." Gar began. "If you were... If you were related to him in any... anyway! Let me just... Say, that it... It was an Accident... we tried to save him... R-really, we did... But taking your Anger out on me or the Doom Patrol w-won't.... won't bring him back.

"This has nothing to do with the original arsenal! Or the Doom Patr-" The Arsenal stopped and began to think for a minute.

Than he began to chuckle. "Of course!" He said. "That must be where its hiding.

"W-what's hiding?" Gar said. "W-where?"

"Doom Manor!" The Arsenal said, causing Gar to flinch.

"That has to be where it is..." the Arsenal said. He than looked at Gar and A blade emerged from his free hand. "Thank you, Logan! You're usefulness, has come to an end!"

But just after he said that a blast beam hits the Arsenal, causing him to let go of Gar and sending him flying into trees. Gar looked to see where the blast beam came from and saw that it came from Sphere in action mode, and Wolf leaping off of him and landing beside Gar, growling at the metal man. The Arsenal looks up and sees Super-Cycle readying his weapons.

Gar quickly got up and morphed into a Ma'alefa'ak. Preparing to fight.

"Oh well, looks like I'll have to kill you another time!" The Arsenal said before blasting off into the sky.

"Dammit!" Gar thought to himself.

"Like man, what was all that!" Shaggy said.

Just as Shaggy and the others emerged from the tree's they took one good look a Gar, still in his Ma'alefa'ak form.

"Like, Zoinks!" Shaggy said, freaked out by the alien creature. Scooby got scared by the creature and jumped into Shaggy's arms. The rest of the gang took a few steps at the sight of the creature.

Gar than morphed back into his normal self at that moment. "Don't worry guy's, it's only me!" He said reassuringly

"Like, how did you do that?" Shaggy asked.

"It's kinda a long story!" Gar stated.

Than the Gang took notice of Wolf and Sphere.

"Rhat's Rhe biggest Wolf, Ri've ever seen!" Scooby said.

"And Like, the Biggest remote control toy as well!" Shaggy said, talking about sphere.

"Don't worry, this is Wolf! He's very friendly." Gar said. "And that's Sphere!"

Gar pointed at Super Cycle who just transformed back into a giant sphere.

"Are they... both your... pets?" Fred said.

"No! they're actually Conner's!" Gar said. "Look I know I have some explaining to do, but right now we have to help Conner and M'gann!"

"Alright!" Fred said.

-------------------------------

After Gar and the Scooby Gang helped bring Conner and M'gann inside to recover, Gar explained everything to the Gang. He explained how he got his powers from M'gann, and how she is a Martian. He even told them about the Doom Patrol, The Justice League's covert ops unit, and the story behind the Arsenal.

"... And so that's everything!" Gar finished up. "Also... please keep the covert ops unit thing a secret! We don't want everyone in the world to know!"

"So like, you're basically a superhero!" Shaggy said.

"Covert Superhero!" Gar corrected.

"Does Perdita know!" Velma said.

"Yes, I do!" Perdita said. "Garfield wouldn't keep that a secret from me, if he didn't trust me. But he does trust me!"

"With all my heart!" Gar said, holding Perdita's hand.

"You also said that you shape shift into animals!" Velma said. "But what exactly was that creature you just morphed into? It's no animal I'm familiar with!"

"Oh, that's a Ma'alefa'ak!" Gar explained. "It's an Animal that resides only on Mars!"

"Like, you've been to Mars!?" Shaggy asked with shock.

"Yes!" Gar answered. "And I've also been to other planets as well! And I can shape shift into other animals from other planets!"

"That's so Awesome!" Fred said, amazed by that bit of news.

At that moment M'gann and Conner began to wake up and have fully recovered. Both of them groaning in pain. M'gann than looked over at Gar, Perdita and the Gang.

"Garfield!" M'gann said. "You're alright!"

"Where's the Tin-man?" Conner said, sounding angry.

"He got away!" Gar said. "But I know where he's heading."

"Where?" M'gann asked.

"To Doom Manor!" Gar said.

"You mean the Doom Patrol's home and base?" Conner said. "But it's been abandoned for years. Why would he go there?"

"He's looking for something!" Gar said. "I don't know what it is but we have to find out!"

"We can help you catch him!" Fred said.

"Like, I was afraid Fred would say something like that!" Shaggy said to Scooby, followed by some sad chuckling.

"Reah!" Scooby whimpered.

"That's out of the Question!" M'gann said. "We can't put innocent lives in danger."

"We're mystery solvers!" Velma stated. "We always put our lives in danger!"

"Yeah, like more than you know!" Shaggy said, not sounding proud of it.

"And besides, we've been in bigger situations than this." Daphne began. "We helped solve a Mystery with Batman and Robin!"

"We've been in danger before, and we're still alive!" Fred said.

"Are you sure about this?" Gar asked.

"Absolutely!" Fred said.

"100 hundred percent!" Velma said.

"Yeah!" Daphne said.

"Like, you can count me out!" Shaggy said.

"Re Too!" Scooby said.

"Would you two do it for a Scooby Snack!" Daphne said, holding a box of Scooby Snacks in her hands.

They both shock their heads no.

"How about three, Scooby Snacks!" Daphne said.

That peeked their interest. So Daphne tossed six Scooby Snacks. Three for Scooby and three for Shaggy and both began munching on their Scooby Snacks.

"Shaggy!" Gar said. "Once again, those are Doggy treats! For Dogs!"

"Like, don't knock it, till you try it!" Shaggy said. "They're really good!"

"Yeah, I'll pass on that one!" Gar said.

"Okay, if you're all up for it, than you can come with us!" M'gann said.

"Well Gang! It looks like we have another mystery on our hands!" Fred said.

-----------------------------

Gar, Perdita, M'gann, Conner and the Scooby Gang were all in the Bio-ship flying towards their destination. After an hour they finally made it to Doom Manor. All of them stepped out of the Ship once it Landed.

Fred let's out a whistle. "Wow, this place is huge!" Fred said.

"The Arsenal's in there somewhere!" Gar began. "We need to find out why he's here and what he wants!"

"I think it would be best if we split up!" Fred said.

"Like, I disagree to that!" Shaggy said, nervously.

"No, Fred's right!" Conner said. "If we split up into groups we can cover more ground."

"Plus it would make it easier to find the Arsenal!" Velma said.

"Alright, we'll split up into three Groups!" M'gann began. Fred and Daphne will go with Conner, Velma with go with me, and Shaggy and Scooby Will go with Gar and Perdita! Conner's group will take the first floor, me and Velma will take the Second floor, and Gar's group will take the third floor. If one group finds something contact the other groups, we'll meet up with that group."

"Got it, Sis!" Gar said.

"Good luck, M'gann!" Conner said.

"You too, Conner!" M'gann said.

So the team's went into the abandoned mashion. On the third Floor, Gar, Perdita, Shaggy and Scooby began to walk through the Dark hallway. Shaggy and Scooby were shacking with fear as they continued down the hall.

"Like man, please tell me this place isn't haunted!" Shaggy whispered.

"I highly doubt that this place is haunted, Shaggy!" Gar whispered.

"Garfield's right!" Perdita said. "After all, there's no such thing as Ghosts!"

"I wouldn't be to sure about that!" Gar said.

"So wait, you're saying that you do believe in Ghosts!" Perdita said.

"Yes," Gar said. "Yes, I do!"

Gar than flashed a light at a picture of him with the Doom Patrol. Gar looked at the Picture with a sad look on his face.

"Like that's the Doom Patrol!" Shaggy said.

"Yeah, they were the family that took me in after my mom died!" Gar said.

"How Rid they die?" Scooby asked.

"I don't know!" Gar said tears beginning to form in his eyes. "It was one mission I wasn't apart of! And I regret not going. If I was there, I could've done something. I could've saved them.

"If you did go on that mission, you would've died!" Perdita said, putting a hand to his face. "And I wouldn't have met the Green Boy, I fell in love with!"

"Yeah, I guess you're right!" Gar said, whipping the tears off his face.

Than they heard some noise coming from the end of the Hallway.

'Guys, this is Gar's group!' Gar said through the Psychic link. 'I think we found the Arsenal. Meet us on the third floor.'

'Copy that, Gar!' M'gann said.

'We're coming your way!" Conner said.

"Like man, this is hurting my head." Shaggy said, putting a hand to his head.

"You'll get used to it!" Gar said.

Gar's group walks closer and closer to where the noise was coming from. It was coming from Gar's old room. Gar turned off the light to avoid being spotted.

The four of them peeked into the room to see the Arsenal searching the room, tossing things out of his way.

"Where is it!" The Arsenal said. "Logan's inheritance has to be here! It has to!"

When Gar heard that he was confused, and so we're the others.

"Wait, he's after your inheritance!?" Perdita said.

"Like, why would he be after that?" Shaggy asked.

"Reah!" Scooby said.

"I don't know," Gar said. "But that's what I'm going to find out! And he's gonna get a big whopping from me. Plus, whoever he is, he isn't to bright! And Don't even get me started on the suit! It makes him look uglier than the last Arsenal."

Just as he said that scared expression's appeared on their faces as their eyes were looking above Gar.

"Are you guys okay!" Gar said confused.

The three of them said nothing they just pointed their index fingers upwards. Gar than developed a nervous look on his face.

"He's standing right behind me, isn't he?" Gar asking nervously.

The three of them nodded.

Gar slowly turned around to see that the Arsenal was indeed behind him.

"Hey, Arsenal!" Gar said with a nervous smile. "We were just talking about you!"

"Flattery will get you nowhere, boy!" The Arsenal said. "Where is the Inheritance?"

"Answer me this, what do you want with it?" Gar asked

"It doesn't concern you!" The Arsenal yelled. "Now where is it?"

"Actually, it does concern me! Because it's my Inheritance!" Gar said. "Also, do you think I'll be stupid to tell you where it is."

"Very well!" The Arsenal said. "Time for plan B!"

The Arsenal then used his arm to push Gar against the wall and out of his way. Then the Arsenal ran straight for the other three and Grabbed Perdita. Perdita Shrieked as the Arsenal grabbed hold of her.

"Perdita!" Gar shouted.

"Bring the Inheritance to me at the Park, before midnight!" The Arsenal said. "If you don't, she dies!"

The Arsenal than fires a missile at the end of the hall. The impact from the missile causes an explosion and creates a whole in the wall. Arsenal went flies through it Carrying Perdita.

"NOOOO!!!" Gar yells.

"Gar, what happened!?!" M'gann asked, as hers and Conner's group came rushing in.

"The Arsenal took Perdita!" Gar said.

"Why would he take Perdita?" Velma said.

"I know what he's after!" Gar said. "He's looking for the deed to my inheritance!"

"Why would he want that?" M'gann said.

"I-I don't know!" Gar said, sounding upset. "But he said, that if I don't bring it with me, he'll kill Perdita! And I don't want to lose anyone else close to me, again!"

Tears began to form in Gar's eyes and began to cry. M'gann than went over and hugged Gar.

"We won't let that happen!" M'gann said. "We will get Perdita back safely. We just need a plan."

"You know, it's weird!" Velma said. "What would a Villain want with an inheritance? I mean, he would have to related to you to obtain an inheritance!"

Gar stopped for a minute, a lightbulb clicked in his head. "Of course!" Gar said. "It all makes sense!"

"Like, What makes sense?" Shaggy said.

"I believe I figured out who the Arsenal is!" Gar said. "And I a plan to trap him and get Perdita back!"

--------------------------------

20 Minutes later, Gar was waiting in the Park with a suitcase in his hands. Than suddenly the Arsenal started flying down and landed with Perdita wrapped in one arm.

"Do you have it?" The Arsenal said.

"Right here!" Gar said. "Now, let Perdita go!"

"First things first!" The Arsenal said. "Toss it over!"

Gar was hesitant, but did what the Arsenal said. Gar tossed the Suitcase over to him. The Arsenal let her go and signaled her to move towards Gar. Perdita moved towards Gar and both embraced one another in a passionate kiss.

"I'm so glad you're alright!" Gar said, holding back tears.

"Don't worry, I'm fine!" Perdita said.

"Finally!" the Arsenal said, grabbing the Suitcase than gun emerges from his arm and aims it at Gar and Perdita. "Thank you! Now your usefulness has come to an end! Probably should've saw this coming!"

"Actually, I did!" Gar said, smirking.

Than all of a sudden the arm with the gun started to move upward. The Arsenal wasn't in control of his arm."What's happening?"

At that moment, M'gann decamoed and appeared three feet next to him. She was using her Telekinesis to holding his Gun back, than used her Telekinesis to remove the case from his hand and levitate it to herself.

"NO!!!" He shouted.

Than Gar morphed into an Elephant and charged towards the Arsenal. Ramming into him and sending him flying into a tree. The Arsenal tumbled to the Ground. Behind him Fred and Daphne emerged from the bushes with electrical connectors and hooking them up into Arsenals suit.

"Now!" Fred yelled to Conner, who connected the other ends of the electrical connectors to a telephone wires. Sending voltages of Electricity to The Arsenal's armor. The man inside shrieked as he felt the high voltages.

"Alright Conner, disconnect the connectors." Gar shouted.

Conner disconnected the Connectors, and the Arsenal fell to the ground. Conner then grabbed a lamp post and tired it around the Arsenal.

"It worked!" Velma said. "We caught the Arsenal!"

"And this time we weren't bait!" Shaggy said chuckling.

"Reah!" Scooby said followed by a laugh. "RE-HE-HE-HE-HE-HE!"

"Now all that's left is to unmask the villain!" Fred said.

"And I know exactly who it is!" Gar said. "It's obvious, since he's the only person that's been after my inheritance! Isn't that right..."

Gar than removed the helmet to reveal a man in his Seventies, with Gray hair. "... Nicholas Galtry!"

"Nicholas Galtry!!!" The Scooby Gang said in unison. They were obviously shocked by the revelation.

"But I thought you said he died!" Perdita said.

"I said they never found the body and, presumed Galtry to be dead." Gar said.

"So he survived his escape!" Velma said.

"And use the Arsenal suit to obtain my inheritance by force!" Gar said. "Plus Galtry would've expected I'd figured out who he was eventually, and decided he would kill after he got what he wanted."

"And I would've gotten away with it too," Galtry said. "If it weren't for you, your friends, and those meddling kids and their Dog!"

"Like, We barely did anything!" Shaggy said.

"One of these days, Logan!" Galtry began. "I will get my hands on your inheritance!"

"No you won't!" Gar said, as M'gann handed him the Suitcase. "And for many reasons! One, you're going to Jail... Again!"

"Two, I'm placing a restraining order on you!" Gar continued.

"Three, the Inheritance is not in the Suitcase!" Gar said, as he opened the Suitcase to reveal nothing instead it!"

"Than where is it?" Galtry yelled.

"Which brings me to number four!" Gar began. "I may have had the Inheritance in the past, but not anymore!"

"What do you mean?" Galtry said confused. "What did you do with it!"

"My inheritance went into the Logan Animal Sanctuary!" Gar said, putting it simply. "To help expand it!"

"You mean to tell me," Galtry began. "That you have up your Inheritance... YOUR INHERITANCE... FOR A STUPID ANIMAL SANCTUARY!!!"

"The inheritance is where it belongs!" Gar said. "My mom dedicated her life to that Animal Sanctuary!"

"And look where that got her!" Galtry shouted. That of course triggered Gar.

"Uh-Oh!" Perdita said.

Gar balled up his fist and slugged him right in the kisser. Galtry fell to the ground knocked out by the punch.

"Saw that coming a mile away!" Conner said to himself.

"Gar, are you okay?" M'gann asked.

"Yeah, I am now!" Gar said calmly. "Let's get out of here!"

-----------------------------------

After the police arrived to arrest Galtry, Gar and the others got on the Bio-Ship and flew back to Happy Harbor. When they got home, Conner went back to fixing there van.

"Alright, that should do it!" Conner said.

"Thanks for the help!" Fred said.

"It was our pleasure," Gar said. "If you ever come back to Happy Harbor, feel free to stop by at our place!"

"Of course, we will!" Daphne said. "And don't worry! We won't tell anyone about the covert ops thing you got going on!"

"Thanks guy's!" Gar said.

"Anytime!" Velma said.

"Like wait!" Shaggy said, holding a box of Scooby Snacks. "Before we go, could you at least try one!"

"No! No thank you!" Gar said. "There's no way I'm eating doggy treats. And you can't- MPH!!!" Before Gar could finish his Sentence, Scooby stuffed a Scooby Snack into Gar's mouth.

Gar than gave Scooby a glare, but than that glare changed to a face of Surprise. He than began to taste the Scooby Snack in his mouth, than began to chew it!

"It's not as bad as I thought it would be!" Gar said, after gulping it down.

Everyone than began to laugh to that.

"SCOOBY-DOOBY-DOO!!!" Scooby shouted.

------------ End of Flashback ------------

"... And that's how I helped Mystery Inc. solve a Mystery!" Gar said, finishing up the story.

"That was an amazing story!" Violet said.

"Forager agrees!" Forager said. "Forager hopes to Meet Scooby-Dooby-Doo and Mystery Incorporated, someday!"

"You would love them!" Gar said. "Maybe one day, I'll call them up so you guy's can meet them."

"That would be awesome!" Tara said.

"Sounds good to me!" Victor said.

"Though, Forager has only one more question!" Forager said.

"Fire away!" Gar said.

"Does Garfield Logan's snacking habits on dog treats originated from this story?" Forager asked.

Gar didn't say anything for a minute. "I have no comment!" Gar said. This made everyone around him laugh!

Notes:

Originally, back in the chapter how I met your majesty, I had Gar and Perdita have their date around November. But now I changed it and moved their date to the beginning of October. So if anyone's confused why they're have a date on Halloween when their fist date was on November, that's why.

Also, Nicholas Galtry is a Character in the Doom Patrol comics, who is Garfield's legal Guardian after his parents died and before the Doom Patrol adopted him. And the only reason Galtry took him in was because he wanted Gar's inheritance.

Next Chapter: Remembering the Good Times- Gar tells the Outsiders some of the Good times he had with the Doom Patrol.