Actions

Work Header

Heart of Music

Chapter Text

Hanzo stirred but didn’t open his eyes. He was still tired from the late night watching shows, but it had been worth it. This was the most fun he had in a while. The warmth in his arms was also too comfortable to let go. Though, the soft kisses that trailed his jaw made him curious enough to open them. When he did, sleepy brown eyes and a smile greeted him.

“God morgon.“ Hanzo said, recalling her Swedish lessons. His hands rubbed up and down her back.

“Hej.“ Brigitte replied, nuzzling her chin against his chest. She scooted closer, giving a kiss to his lips. “That’s for remembering the lesson correctly.“

Hanzo returned the kiss, chuckling. “It was only the greeting.“

“Still, praise where praise is due.“

“So would I get another kiss if I..“ Hanzo started, moving a strand of hair behind her ear. Then switched to her native language with relative ease. “Said you look absolutely beautiful right now.“

Brigitte’s face went a fair shade of pink, her smile wider. It amazed her how fast he adapted, but was too flattered to focus on it. “Then you’d deserve that second kiss.“ Leaning up, Brigitte kissed him again. Though she gave off a pleasant squeak when Hanzo deepened the kiss, rolling over to be on top. Brigitte moaned, as his hand trailed her thigh to caress her hip. Her fingers laced his dark hair, down to his neck and shoulders.

Once they broke for air after several moments, both of them flushed. Hanzo moved to sit off to the side.

“Well, happy Valentine's day to you too.“ Brigitte said. She couldn’t help but grin while tugging at his beard. Half tempted to pull him back down and continue.

“I wasn’t too forward?“ Hanzo asked, his tone flustered. This was the second time he lost himself in the matter of two days.

“Not for me. It’s a nice wake up.“ Brigitte giggled.

It certainly was, and something else was reacting to their interaction. Plus, it didn’t help that it was morning. He needed to cool down, and fast. Before he could respond, Brigitte smooched his cheek.

“How about you take a shower while I make breakfast?“ Brigitte said while sliding off the bed. “You want more pancakes?“

“That sounds perfect.“ Hanzo said, glad for the distraction. He smiled when she kissed his cheek again.

“The towels are in the cabinet next to the toilet. Enjoy your shower.“ Brigitte teasingly winked, leaving Hanzo there on the bed.

Once alone, Hanzo let out a breath. A tint of blush touched his cheeks as remnants of the dream came back. Warm touches. Fevered kisses. Her saying his name over and over. These types of dreams were popping up more frequently. Not that he was complaining. It felt amazing. Even if it caused some reactions. After some time, he got up to go take that shower. Before his body would react more.

Outside the room, Brigitte met Sushi, who was about to scratch at the door. She leaned over and petted the cat. “I guess you’re hungry.“ Brigitte said, then saw the dogs waiting patiently at their bowls. Well, Ama was more calm. “Sorry for holding you all up. Breakfast for you guys first.“

After getting enough food and water for the animals, Brigitte took a gander at the fridge, seeing what she could make with the pancakes. Considering how much take out they had, she should probably choose a healthier option. Amongst all the leftovers, there were some eggs, bacon, and sausage.

Quickly Brigitte grabbed the pans before the ingredients for the pancakes along with the eggs. Not too long after, the scent of food filled the kitchen. The sound of shuffling feet led her to believe Hanzo had finished. “I’m still making those pancakes. I also added some scrambled eggs. Do you want bacon or sausage?“ Brigitte asked, looking over her shoulder.

“Sausage, if you please.“ Hanzo said, petting the dogs and cat as he passed.

“Sausage it is! Also, I made sure they all had food first. That’s why I’m still working on ours. I thought maybe you’d be in the shower a little longer.“

“I just needed to jump in, nothing major.“ Hanzo said, glad that she had her back to him just in case his face betrayed his feelings. He had the urge to wrap his arms around her again. But settled to kiss her temple. “Is there anything I can do to help?“

“Well, you can put out the plates.“ Brigitte said, tossing some sausages into another pan. Though she smiled at the kiss. “And depends on if you want coffee or tea, you can get that brewing. I can drink either.“

Because of a late night, he decided a nice cup of coffee could hit the spot. After doing the tasks given to him, Hanzo leaned against the counter and watched her. She was certainly impressive in the kitchen. He was lucky to make basic stuff and not from lack of trying. Hanzo didn’t realize how long he had watched, considering the coffee was just about finished, and so was Brigitte.

“Mind pouring the coffee too?“ Brigitte asked, putting three plates covered in pancakes, eggs, and sausages. “The mugs are in the cabinet just above the pot. Any is fine.“

Hanzo reached in and grabbed two red mugs. The smell of the coffee made him hungrier when added to the food. By the time he got the mugs on the table, Brigitte had served them both.

“ Eat up! “

 


 

The cold air hit fairly hard, but that didn’t stop the crowds. Luckily, the park was open enough for them to walk the animals.

“And here I thought we’d have a little more privacy.“ Hanzo said, chuckling.

“It could be a lot worse.“ Brigitte said. She intertwined her fingers with his, taking in the warmth from the touch. “At least we blend in.“

She wasn’t wrong. They blended well amongst all the couples of various types and ages. Normally, he’d feel a bit off. Sometimes he forgot about the time of the year. Other times, he just wanted it to go by fast. Not now. He had a reason to like it.

“What would you normally do today?“

Her question took Hanzo out of his wonderings. Hanzo thought for a few moments. “I suppose I would have made reservations for dinner and dancing.“

“We could do that next year. I mean, dancing with you is fun.“ Brigitte said. She leaned her head against his shoulder. “Made me feel like I didn’t have two left feet.“

“A gentleman should always make his dance partner feel as they are gracefully gliding across the floor like a swan on water.“ Hanzo replied, kissing her head. It felt good to hear her say that. That she’d want another year to celebrate together.

“Was that something you came up with?“ Brigitte asked.

“Actually, it was my grandmother.“ Hanzo said. “Though she was the one that helped my grandfather dance with two feet.“

“That would have been adorable to see.“ Brigitte said with a giggle. “She taught you, correct?“

“Well, she kept all of her old home movies of them dancing. So if you come by the estate, you are always welcome to see some of them.“ Hanzo said. “Also yes, Genji and I. Father never was never much for dancing, but it worked for us. I actually love it just as much as playing the piano.“

“And it shows.“ Brigitte said, as a puff of cold air left her lips. “Ooh look.”

Brigitte pointed out ahead of them. Hanzo glanced in the direction. In the far corner of the park was a small vendor van. “I know we just ate, but how about we get a little after breakfast treat?“ Brigitte asked. Her face breaking out into a childlike smile.

“If my lady wishes.“ Hanzo said, meeting her smile with one of his own. Hanzo had remembered seeing it before, though never went. He wasn’t all that hungry after the large breakfast. Though if it made her happy, he would oblige. There was probably something small he could get. Her hand tugged him along towards the destination. Of course, Yomi and Sushi took that as a chance to pull them as well.

They stood in the back of the small line of people. So it didn’t take long before they reached the window.

“Long time no see Brigitte!“ Tavia said, even acknowledging the large white cat. “Hello Sushi, you’ve been a good boy? And who are these three with you?“

“Yeah, since before the holidays. How have you been?“ Brigitte asked, greeting the woman. “This is Hanzo, my boyfriend and his two babies, Ama and Yomi.“

“Greetings, Miss Tavia.“

“Just Tavia is fine. I haven’t seen you for two months, Brigitte and you gain a boyfriend. This must be the man you got coffee for a while back. Still nice to meet you.“ Tavia chuckled, winking at Hanzo playfully. Then went to answer the question. “Actually, it’s been fantastic. Sales have been doing well. Been working on some new recipes.”

“I’m glad to hear! You know you have a loyal customer in me.“

“Thank you, sweetie. Anyway, I shouldn’t take up more of your precious first valentine’s day. What would you like?“ Tavia leaned over her pad with a pen.

Brigitte looked over at Hanzo. “Anything you want?“

“Ladies first.“ Hanzo said, for he didn’t know what to order yet.

“I’ll try one of your new ones, you pick.“

Hanzo looked over the menu, finally deciding tea would be best. “I’ll have medium black tea with milk.“

“Alright, would you two like to have the valentine’s cake as well? It’s a shortcake with strawberries and cream, homemade by me.“

“Yes, please.“ Hanzo replied, knowing Brigitte would love a chance at a sweet.

“That will be fifteen euros.“

Before Brigitte could make the motion, Hanzo got out his wallet and handed the amount.

“Thank you again. Since you’ll be the last customers before my break, go ahead and sit at a table. I’ll bring it over.“ Tavia said, nodding and waving them off to go.

They made their way to the one table available. The downside of it being a popular spot.

“She seems pleasant.“ Hanzo said, helping Brigitte into a seat before making himself comfortable.

“She is. I met her early on when I moved here.“ Brigitte said, leaning down to pet Ama on the head.

“I’ve lived here for a few years and I think you know more about places in this city.“

“Though you probably have seen more of the world than I have.“ Brigitte booped Hanzo’s nose gently. “Even when I traveled with Papa.“

“Possibly. I have been to almost every country in Europe alone for tours and a fair amount in Asia. The United States is one of my least visited. Except for New York City and Los Angeles. Texas has mostly been to see Jesse.“ Hanzo said, after chuckling at her action.

“I’ve been to the U.S. a few times. Since Papa did projects there and my older brother studied in California a few years back. That’s where he met his wife, actually.“ Brigitte said, placing her head back on his shoulder. “Speaking of that, soon we’ll be going over there for Fareeha and Jesse’s wedding. Excited to be best man?“

“I’m more happy for the fact of Jesse marrying someone that he wants to be with. But I take it as an honor that he chose me to be his best man.“ Hanzo wrapped his arm around Brigitte. Fingers running up and down her side. “Having to make a speech in front of everyone will be another thing.“

“I’ll be there for moral support.“

Hanzo chuckled and kissed her forehead. “And I appreciate it.“

“Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but your order is here.“ Tavia said. In her hand was a tray filled with drinks and a fair sized cake covered in large strawberries. She placed everything out for them. “Do you need anything else?“

“Not me.“ Brigitte said.

“Just a moment.“ Hanzo raised his hand before reaching to get his wallet. He pulled out fifty euros. “Here, have this.“

Tavia blinked a few times while taking it. “Wow, I didn’t expect that. You sure?“

“Great service should always be rewarded.“

“I don’t know what to say, thank you. Enjoy your drinks.“

Tavia walked away to her truck, her face beaming with delight.

Brigitte lifted her head and kissed Hanzo’s cheek. She was really proud of his actions. “That was really sweet of you.“

“I have been very fortunate in my life. If a deed like that makes someone’s day, then I will gladly do it.“ Hanzo said.

Once again, Brigitte placed a smooch on his cheek. “Since we’re handing out surprises, I have a little something for you.“ Brigitte said, ruffling through her bag. Pulling out a small cat themed package. “I hope you like it.“

“None of your surprises have disappointed me.“ Hanzo said. He gave a soft smile, undoing the bow that held the gift together. Inside were tiny chocolate candies etched with a dragon design. It must have taken her some time to create these.

“I know you don’t like over-sweet things, so I made it with dark chocolate and mint.“ Brigitte said. “Happy Valentine’s Day, again.“

“Thank you.“ Hanzo replied. He didn’t know why he was so touched over candies. Taking one out, he slipped it into his mouth. The moment it touched his tongue, it melted in an array of subtle tastes. It was like she knew his preferences perfectly.

When he opened his eyes, he saw Brigitte giving him a look of anticipation. She was adorable in how she was biting her lip. God help him. “T-They taste delicious.“

“Yay, I’m glad. I thought maybe I put too much mint in them.“ Brigitte said, happily sipping at her drink. “You should drink up your tea before it gets cold.“

Hanzo nodded and quickly took a sip of his tea to calm down. Seems he could finally do something for white day.