Actions

Work Header

Man Lion Thing Dude

Chapter 16

Notes:

Mentions of blood in this chapter.

Chapter Text

Treize looked at the young man who laid on the floor where he had been thrown, unmoving except for his breathing which was ragged from the pain the man had to be in. He knew why Barton wanted the Panther spirit but he also knew that extracting it from the Maxwell Heir wouldn’t be easy. 

 

Dekim entered the room followed by their spy who looked nervous. 

 

“Do you find it upsetting to see your nephew in such a state?” Treize questioned the man who had yet to look at the Young Maxwell Heir. The man flinched, “Are we ready to start?”

 

“Y-yes sir.” The man stuttered, “Everything is ready.”

 

“Excellent.” Treize said, "We will begin shortly."

 

Duo groaned in pain from where he was sprawled on the cold floor. He hadn’t fully regained consciousness since the day before. Treize had made sure he wouldn't die from his injuries until after the ritual.

 

Dekim entered the room and walked to the spot where he would be sitting for the ritual. 

 

"Sir." The Maxwell spy said to Treize, "If S- if your Pet could join us we can begin."

 

Treize glanced down at his pet where he was kneeling by his feet and flicked his hand. The shifter nodded and moved to the center of the ritual space. He would be acting as an anchor for the ritual to ensure the panther spirit did not escape.

 

One of the wizards under his employ stepped forward and began chanting as the Maxwell spy knelt next to his nephew and picked up a dagger to cut thin symbols into the long haired man's chest above his heart. Blood poured from the thin wounds to spill on the floor.

 

Pet cut a thin line on both his palms and held them out towards Dekim and Duo.

 

Dekim had also cut thin symbols on his chest above his heart and allowed the blood to spill down to the floor below him.

 

The chanting sped up, and Duo began to groan and whimper as the Panther spirit fought to stay with him. His back arched off the floor as the Panther spirit began to emerge. 

 

Echoes of a roar could be heard, angry, furious. 

 

Sweat soon covered Duo’s body as the Panther spirit continued to fight. His breaths came in pained gasps. The bandages that had been placed on his previous injuries were soaked with sweat and blood.

 

What seemed like hours later the Panther spirit was fully emerged from Duo’s body, while he laid unmoving on the floor. It continued to fight as Pet guided it towards Dekim. Even as it fought to return to Duo the Panther spirit seemed to regard Pet with understanding and sadness.

 

When the Panther spirit eventually reached Dekim it roared its displeasure. Dekim groaned in pain as the spirit began to merge with him.

 


Helen stared at the man she had thought was dead. There had been times she had suspected he was alive but she'd never been able to find proof.

 

"The reason why nothing is working is because of the bond he shares with my son." Ian stated, "In order to heal him there are two options. Find my son and bring him back to heal. Or cut their bond."

 

"Cutting their bond could have irreversible consequences!" Cathy exclaimed.

 

"Their bond is still new and has not progressed far. Cutting it now will not have many consequences." Ian informed her, "I suggest this option as we do not know where they are keeping my sons."

 

"But…" Cathy moved to the bed and grasped her brothers hand tightly.

 

"What is being done to my son has not yet began to fully affect your brother." Ian said gently, "I suspect that when we find Duo he will be near death… if we are not too late."

 

Cathy looked at Triton's face, contorted in agony. She'd never seen in him so much pain before. She hoped he could forgive her, "Do it…"

 

Ian motioned for her to step back as he placed his hands on Triton's chest and head. As he began to chant, Triton's body began to glow. It didn't take long before the bond was broken.

 

"His fever is starting to ease up!" Sally whispered loudly.

 

On the bed Triton's body began to finally relax. When he eventually woke the next morning he was confused and then angry. 

 

"You could have done anything else!" Triton said, his voice and face flat, angry, "You had no right to cut our bond!"

 

"It was the only way!" Cathy told him, "Your injury wasn't healing and we worried that whatever may be happening with Duo was starting to affect you as well!"

 

"You should have let it!" Triton argued, "At least then we would know if he was alive!"

 

"Enough!" Helen snapped from the doorway, "Triton, you had a fever that was quickly approaching the danger zone. Your injuries were not healing and if we had waited any longer we could have lost both of you."

 

Triton paled, "Duo…? He's not…?"

 

"We don't know." Helen said as she entered the room, "We have reason to believe that he is alive but we aren't sure how much longer." She sat in a chair next to the bed, "Triton. I need to know what happened."

 

Triton told her.

 

"A Panther. Are you sure?" Helen asked.

 

"Yes Lady Maxwell." Triton nodded, "He overpowered me. I… I failed to keep Duo safe." He looked down at his lap and clenched his fists, "I couldn't keep him safe!"

 

"Triton. Look at me." Helen ordered and when he did she reached out to cup his face with her hands, "You did your best. You did what you could to protect him. Thank you. Without you we wouldn't have this vital piece of information."

 

"You say that like you know who took him." Cathy stated.

 

"You mentioned a young girl." Helen said, "Red hair and blue eyes?"

 

Triton nodded.

 

"Mariemaia Khushrenada." Helen said, "The daughter of Treize Khushrenada and the granddaughter of Dekim Barton."

 

"Barton?" Triton's eyes narrowed, "The Barton's are involved in this?"

 

"So it seems." Helen sighed, "I need to report this to the others." She stood, "Excuse me."

 

Triton's hands shook as they sat clenched in his lap. The Barton's had dared to take his Duo… they would pay.


"Don't let him die yet." Treize ordered, "I'm not done with him."

 

Duo lay unmoving on the floor, blood still flowing from the cuts. Not far from him Pet lay panting on the floor as he caught his breath. Keeping the Panther spirit from escaping had cost him a great deal of energy. 

 

The healers rushed forward to take Duo away. They avoided Pet as they knew trying to touch him would end with them being injured or killed.

 

"Don't heal him completely." Treize ordered, "I don't want him to escape."

 

Pet watched as they took the man away and wondered what else Master had in store for him. 

 

"Come." Treize ordered and Pet rolled to his feet, following his Master, "Soon my Pet they will come. I want you to guard him and when they come I want you to be captured by them."

 

"Master?"

 

"You will gather information for me. And when I order you to return you will kill those you can while you come home."

 

"Yes Master." Pet agreed, "I will do as you wish."

 

"I know you will." Treize smiled at him, "And that is why you are my greatest weapon of all."