Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-12-10
Completed:
2020-11-04
Words:
13
Chapters:
14/14
Comments:
29
Kudos:
22
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
1,282

Rumbelled

Summary:

Books, films and games that just had to be Rumbelle-fied!

Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own OUAT, Netflix, DreamWorks, BBC, Disney or the works of Sarah Morgan, Jojo Moyes, Shannon Hale, David Spicer, PolyGram Filmed Entertainment, Entertainment Film Distributors, 20th Century Fox, BBC Films, Konami/PlayStation 3
Paramount Pictures or any of the images used. This is for fun and not for profit.

Chapter 1: The Knight Before Christmas

Summary:

Sir Rumplestiltskin the knight is magically transported to the present day Storybrooke, where he befriends Belle, a clever and kind librarian who's been disillusioned by love. Belle helps Sir Rumple navigate the modern world and tries to help him discover how to fulfill his mysterious one true quest - the only act that will return him home. But as he and Belle grow closer, Sir Rumple begins to wonder just how much he wants to return to his old life.

Notes:

Inspired by Netflix The Knight Before Christmas

Chapter Text

 

Chapter 2: New York, Actually

Summary:

Meet Belle—New York's most famous advice columnist, she considers herself an expert at relationships...as long as they're other people's. Still bruised from her last breakup, Belle is in no rush to find happily-ever-after—the only love of her life is her Dalmatian, Valentine.

Meet Robert—A cynical divorce lawyer, he's hardwired to think relationships are a bad idea. If you don't get involved, no one can get hurt. Until he finds himself borrowing a dog to meet the gorgeous woman he sees running in Central Park every morning...

Belle and Robert both think they know everything about relationships. But as they try—and fail—to resist their undeniable chemistry, they'll soon discover they just might have a lot left to learn...

Notes:

Inspired by Sarah Morgan's New York, Actually.

Chapter Text

 

Chapter 3: Me Before You

Summary:

Robert needed Belle as much as she needed him, but will her love be enough to save his life?

Belle French knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in the Storybrooke Public Library and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Gaston.

What Belle doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Robert Gold knows his accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Robert doesn't know is that Belle is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

Notes:

Inspired by Jojo Moyes' Me Before You

...but with a different ending.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Notes:

I can recommend Tell Me Something Good by Ffup if anyone who's read or watched Me Before You would like a different ending:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/7905499

Chapter 4: Austenland

Summary:

Belle is a young woman who can never seem to find the right man-perhaps because of her secret obsession with Mr. Darcy, as played by Colin Firth in the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. When a wealthy relative bequeaths her a trip to an English resort catering to Austen-obsessed women, however, Belle's fantasies of meeting the perfect Regency-era gentleman suddenly become more real than she ever could have imagined. Is this total immersion in a fake Austenland enough to make Belle kick the Austen obsession for good, or could all her dreams actually culminate in a Mr. Darcy of her own?

Notes:

Inspired by Shannon Hale’s Austenland.

Chapter Text

 

Chapter 5: Just Like Heaven

Summary:

When Robert rents his new apartment, the last thing he wants is company. Then Belle shows up, insisting the apartment is hers… until she disappears right before his eyes. He’s convinced she’s a spirit. She’s convinced she’s still alive. As they search for the truth of Belle’s past, their relationship changes from resentment to romance.

Notes:

Inspired by Just Like Heaven.

Couldn't decide which picture so I posted both!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

Just re-watched 'Just Like Heaven' and I spotted the 'R & B'!

 

 

Notes:

That's all I've got for now...

Chapter 6: Double Income, No Kids Yet

Summary:

Radio comedy starring Robert Carlyle and Emilie de Ravin as Daniel and Lucy, a childless couple in a world of people with children. The series revolves around the couple’s life and how they survive as the only childless couple in a world full of parents. Often they have to defend their choice to not have kids to their friends, in between sorting out their friends and relatives problems, leaving next to no time or themselves.

Notes:

Listen to the original S1-3 starring David Tennant and Elizabeth Carling here: https://www.dimsdale.co.uk/double-income-no-kids-yet-bbc/

Chapter Text

 

Chapter 7: Beauty and the Beast 2017

Summary:

Disney’s animated classic takes on a new form, with a widened mythology and an all-star cast. A young prince, imprisoned in the form of a beast, can be freed only by true love. What may be his only opportunity arrives when he meets Belle, the only human girl to ever visit the castle since it was enchanted.

Notes:

Rumbelle Beauty and the Beast dance gifs by: https://wicked-chocolatine.tumblr.com/post/150963291134/6x01#notas

Chapter Text

 

 

Chapter 8: Plunkett and Macleane

Summary:

Dixon: Who were those buggers?
Winterburn: Buggers with style, my darling, buggers with style.

Notes:

5 new chapters! I have too much time on my hands. Only Rumbelle is staving off the boredom.

Enjoy!

Chapter Text

Plunkelle:

Chapter 9: The Tournament

Chapter Text

Macelle:

Chapter 10: 28 Weeks Later

Chapter Text

 

 

Chapter 11: The Mighty Celt

Chapter Text

Chapter 12: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Chapter Text

Chapter 13: Brave

Chapter Text

Chapter 14: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Chapter Text