Actions

Work Header

The Cursed Spell

Summary:

One night when Taehyung goes out, Jungkook takes Tae’s spell book and says a spell which he believes will give Yoongi and Jimin cat ears, but turns out It is a cursed spell which turns adults into toddlers. Now the only way to turn them back is to wait until Halloween night meaning he will have to take care of his two best friends who are now toddlers with his long time crush and roommate Taehyung.

Notes:

So I wrote this for Halloween, but wasn't able to finish It in time(;_;)

Also just wanted to say that their powers don't influence their personality's. For example Namjoon is a devil, but he isn't mean or harmful.

Work Text:

Taehyung loves being a witch, It's all so interesting. The spells, the potions, the curses. But to be a powerful witch you need to learn and It could be dangerous. Sometimes spells don't come out how they should or If an inexperienced person tries to do an extreme spell It could end badly.

There are classes you could take to improve your powers, Of course the classes can't teach you everything. Most things you have to learn on your own.

There are different kinds of supernatural beings in this world. Taehyung couldn't name every single one off the top of his head, but who could? There's a lot of diversity. And Taehyung's friend group is no exception.

Taehyung loves his friends. He knows he can trust them. I mean they were friends even before they were born. Well technically they’re mothers were friends, but It still counts.

They know a lot about each other. Of course they don’t know everything because everyone likes to have secrets, but they know the important secrets and the small details other wouldn’t notice.

So when he hears someone knocking at the door, he’s surprised. To put It mildly Taehyung’s not a morning person, so all of his friends know not to mess with him. It can’t be his parents because he’s at university and there’s no way they would come in the middle of the week when they have work.

So Tae writes It off as It being not important. But he is proven wrong when he hears Jungkook yelling outside.

“Tae I know you’re in there, you don’t have class until 1 PM, open the door.”

Normally Taehyung would just ignore Jungkook, but he can hear panic in Jungkook’s voice so he stands up, walks to the door and opens It.

At first he looks at Jungkook, who looks as If he hasn’t slept in weeks, but Tae wouldn’t think anything of It. Being a werewolf is stressful. But when he looks down he’s surprised to see two toddlers in Jungkook’s arms who look eerily similar to Jimin and Yoongi.

Now afternoon Taehyung would start panicking about now, but morning Taehyung could care less about what happens so without batting an eye he shuts the door before Jungkook can say anything else.

Taehyung would fall back to sleep, If It wasn’t for the constant knocking and the yells of his name. So after some time, he gets up again and goes to the door opening It and letting Jungkook and the two toddlers in.

It’s quite at first, Tae disappears in the kitchen while Jungkook plays with the two on the couch. After a couple of minutes Tae comes out, handing him a cup of coffee and taking one of the toddlers who looks like Yoongi into his arms.

“So mind telling my why your at the door at 8 in the morning with two toddlers who look exactly like Yoongi and Jimin?”

Taehyung isn’t mad, he never could be mad at Jungkook he’s just annoyed that he’s looking at two of his friends who have been turned into toddlers.

“While Jimin and Yoongi were over I kind of took your old spell book and we all started messing around with It. We were just curious, we didn’t want anything bad to happen, but while I was trying a spell I must have mispronounced something because when I opened my eyes Jimin and Yoongi were toddlers.”

Taehyung sighs It can’t be that bad then, he’ll just turn them back after finding the spell that Jungkook put on them.

“Okay this isn’t the worst thing that could have happened, give me the book and write down what you think you said.” Taehyung takes the book and gives Jungkook a small smile to reassure him that he’s not mad.

*

After about 30 minutes of inspecting and analyzing Taehyung sighs.

“I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I know what spell you used. The bad news is we can turn them back only on Halloween night, so we have to take care of them for the next 2 days. ”

It’s a relief that at least they now know how to turn them back, but It’s gonna be a challenge to take care of two toddlers who are a vampire and a fairy.

“I’m sorry” Jungkook quietly says, looking down.

“Hey Jungkookie, you know I’m not mad, right?” Taehyung smiles sitting next to Kook and hugging him tightly.

They cuddle for a bit while Jimin and Yoongi play with some plushies that Kook had.

“By the way where were you this morning and why didn’t you have you’re keys?” Taehyung asks worriedly.

“Oh, I went to the library to see, If I can find how to turn them back to adults, but I didn’t find anything. And I forgot to take my keys. You know how hard It is to go anywhere with two toddlers? I’m surprised I didn’t forget to wear clothes”

Jungkook laughs, telling the story about how the librarian must’ve been mad at him for taking two toddlers to the library, but helped him calm them down.

After more cuddling Tae pecks Jungkook’s cheek and stands up. Leaving a confused Kook sitting on the couch.

“Where are you going?” He asks looking like a sad puppy for being left alone.

“I’m going to call the other, we’ll need help taking care of Jimin and Yoongi”

*
After 20 minutes they hear the doorbell ring. Taehyung quickly hands Jimin and Yoongi to Jungkook and goes to open the door.

Taehyung won’t admit It, but he’s excited to take care of Jimin and Yoongi. He has two younger siblings and he loved taking care of them when they were little. He even taught them how to control their powers.

But Jungkook on the other hand isn’t as experienced as Taehyung. He’s the youngest in his family. And he never really took care of anybody younger. Of course he wants kids and particularly with a certain witch, but right now he’s not even sure how to feed a toddler. And what even is the difference between a toddler and a baby? Jungkook is very worried and confused.

When Taehyung opens the door the first to come in is Seokjin who looks the calmest out of everybody. Jin has an acting major so he’s acted with a lot of kids and even with a couple of baby’s so he knows how to take care of them for the most part.

“I called the university, told them that Yoongi and Jimin won’t come for a couple of days cause their sick.” Seokjin says walking to the kitchen to make breakfast.

In the supernatural world It is very dangerous so, If the university isn’t notified for the person’s absence after about 2 days they would call them and If they couldn’t reach the person then they would call their parents and the police.

Next Hoseok and Namjoon come in who look a little more like Jungkook, panicked and uneasy. They haven’t really taken care of someone younger, they always joke that they can barely take care of themselves.

“Namjoon and I went to a store and got food, clothes and some other important things for them.” Handing a bag to Taehyung they go to the couch where Jungkook is sitting. Namjoon and Hoseok take the two toddlers and some toys to distract them.

Taehyung sits down next to Jungkook and they both sigh, trying to relax. It’s gonna be a lot easier with the help of Namjoon, Hoseok and Seokjin.

*

When the others leave, Taehyung starts teaching Jungkook how to take care of the two sense he will have to go to class eventually.

But turns out It’s more difficult than Taehyung expected. Jimin starts putting toy blocks in his mouth, while Yoongi tries to run around, but falling to do so sense he can barely walk.

“We should go outside to get some fresh air, maybe then they will relax” Taehyung says holding an upset Yoongi in his hands while going to get warmer clothes for the two.

“Hopefully” Jungkook shouts running around trying to take all the blocks from Jimin, but having a hard time sense the little one discovered how to fly.

*

“I was thinking...” Jungkook says turning to look at Tae who is holding Jimin’s hand while they walk to the park

“Hmm..?” Taehyung says while still looking at Jimin. They can’t take there eyes off of the two for one second because taking care of two toddlers who have supernatural powers is harder than it seems. Jimin has tried flying away more times then Taehyung can count while Yoongi has bitten Jungkook numerous times in the past fifteen minutes.

“Tomorrow is gonna be Halloween, why don’t we take Jimin and Yoongi trick or treating and maybe we could carve some pumpkins?” Jungkook asks hopeful. He loves Halloween, when he was a kid he always went trick or treating with his older brother.

“I don’t know, we can barely take care of them now. What If something happens?” Taehyung is worried. He really does love Halloween, maybe even as much as Jungkook, but something dangerous could happen.

“Pleaseee Taetae, nothing bad will happen, we won’t leave their side. I’ll also invite the others.” Jungkook gives Taehyung the best puppies eyes he can and Taehyung can’t say no to Jungkook.

“Okay, but not for long they’ll change back at midnight” Taehyung says making Jungkook jump around and peck his cheek out of excitement.

*

“Okay so the last thing I’m gonna teach you is how to feed them and then I’ll have to go to class” Tae says taking a bottle of warm milk while handing Yoongi to Jungkook.

Supernatural kids usually take more time to grow up then a kid without powers. Hence why they still need to be fed with a bottle of milk. Yoongi’s also a little too young to feed with blood, which is for the best in their case sense milk is cheaper than blood.

“You know feeding a toddler isn’t that hard” Jungkook says raising an eyebrow. Hes suspicious why Taehyung hasn’t left yet for his classes. For the last ten minutes Taehyung has been extra slow, at this rate he’ll be late for class.

“Okay okay here, take the bottle, feed Yoongi and then I’ll go” Taehyung says handing Jungkook the bottle.

Jungkook takes the bottle and starts feeding Yoongi. They haven’t seen him this relaxed in a while.

When Jungkook looks up he stares at Tae who is staring back at him with soft eyes. They haven’t really talked much since they have two toddlers to take care.

“You know you would make a great dad” Jungkook whispers looking straight at Taehyung’s eyes. Taehyung looks a little taken aback by the comment, but Jungkook can see the blush that spreads on Tae’s cheeks.

“You too” Tae says smiling sincerely. And that’s all It takes for Jungkook to lean in. They’re heart beats start racing, they inch closer toward each other and then Jungkook leans in fully, but is stopped by Taehyung.

“Jimin’s crying” Taehyung says lowly giggling at Jungkook who looks like a kicked puppy.

“I’ll get It, you go to class before you’re late” Jungkook says taking the empty bottle from Yoongi and smiling at Taehyung reassuringly.

“Thanks” Tae leans in and pecks Jungkook’s lips which leaves the younger stunned, he wasn’t expecting that.

*

Jungkook has managed to get the two toddlers to sleep and has been watching TV for a couple of minutes when Jin calls.

“So how’s the babysitting going?” Jungkook hears Jin ask on the other side of the phone.

“It’s going surprisingly well, they’re sleeping now” Jungkook answers changing the TV channels, there must be something interesting to watch.

“How’s things with Tae?” It’s silent at first, but after a couple of seconds Jungkook answers.

“What do you mean? Everything’s good, did he say something to you?” Jungkook asks curiously, remembering the kiss before Tae left.

“Well he didn’t say anything to me so I was hoping you would. I mean Kook have you seen how he looked at you when you were holding Jimin hell even before this whole Jimin and Yoongi thing Tae has always look at you like that” Jin says sounding frustrated.

When Jungkook stays silent Jin speaks again “I’m just saying when you’re ready, tell him how you feel” Jin doesn’t want to pressure them he just wants what’s best for his friend and maybe they just need a little push.

“Okay, I will” Jungkook says, lost in thought. Does Jin only know or do the others know too? Is he really that obvious? And is Taehyung really that oblivious? A hundred thing go through Jungkook’s mind.

“Anyways that’s not the only thing that I called you for. I got the new rank in Overwatch” Jin says excitedly. Him and Jungkook have been competing on who can reach the highest rank there is and looks like Jin is in the lead.

*

After Taehyung get home things seem more relaxed than before. Jimin and Yoongi are awake, watching cartoons with Jungkook. Taehyung greets them and goes to take a shower. Afterwards he makes some snacks for them and goes to snuggle with Jungkook and the two while eating and watching cartoon. They fall asleep earlier than usual sense It’s been a very long day for all of them.

*

“Look how cute they look” Taehyung says staring at his best friend and the two toddlers who are trick or treating.

Jungkook managed to drag everyone out to trick or treat with the two little ones sense they can’t speak properly and are still learning how to walk. They all went as themselves just putting some more accessories to enhance their costumes.

“Yeah yeah we get It, you’re whipped” Jin says in a playful tone looking how Namjoon, Jungkook and Hoseok struggle to restrain the two little ones from eating the candy. They had at least three bags of candy so they’re starting to get more energetic as time passes by.

*

After a couple of hours trick or treating they go back to Jungkook’s and Taehyung’s place. Hoseok orders pizzas while the others set up the living room for pumpkin carving. It’s late so they decided to put Jimin and Yoongi to sleep, waiting for midnight so that the two would change back.

Usually when It’s Halloween they go out to eat something, maybe go around a couple of shops and buy some toys and figurines. Afterwards they go back to someone’s place, decided by playing rock, paper, scissors and drink alcohol while they carve pumpkins. And after that they fall asleep watching a horror movie. The movies are scary, but they’re too tired to care.

But this time around It’s different.

*

They sit around the table carving pumpkins and eating pizza while the TV is playing in the back.

“Hey, I don’t look like that” Jungkook says inspecting the pumpkin, honestly he’s a little offended.

“Well I’m not finished yet” Taehyung laughs, turning the pumpkin so the younger wouldn’t look.

The other three laugh looking at both pumpkins. Seeing that Jungkook and Taehyung are messing with each other.

Some members are too concentrated to talk and some talk about how they miss Yoongi and Jimin, how It’s not the same without them. Hoping time will go by faster now that they’re just relaxing.

*

“Okay times up, show us the pumpkins” Namjoon says while turning off his timer as fast as possible so that Jimin and Yoongi wouldn’t wake up.

“I’ll go first sense Jungkook has already seen most of It” Taehyung turns the pumpkin so that everyone can see.

“Excuse you, my nose isn’t THAT big” Jungkook comments seeing the final design.

“Yes It is” Taehyung protests, laughing when Jungkook sticks out his tongue.

“Okay Jungkook show us yours” Hoseok says, finishing up his pumpkin while no one looks.

“I do not have fur on my ears” Tae says when Jungkook shows his pumpkin.

“Well If I bite you, than you would” Kook says giggling.

“You’re a werewolf not a vampire, dummy” Tae laughs putting his knife down and going to where Jungkook is sitting.

“Hey don’t tickle me” Jungkook says when Tae sits on top of him and starts tickling. He tries to escape, but Tae has got him pinned down by his legs.

“Moving on from the hopeless couple, Hobi show us your pumpkin” Namjoon says laughing at the two oblivious members.

“Oh, are you interested to see my pumpkin Joonie?” Hobi says raising an eyebrow and smirking while he slowly turns the pumpkin.

“Oh It’s so cute, It even as the dimples I have” Namjoon says blushing while looking at the cute pumpkin. Hoseok always makes his pumpkins cute and playful. Last year he made Yoongi with kitty ears and a blush.

“Joonie your turn” Tae says who is still sitting in Jungkook’s lap.

When Joon shows the pumpkin Hoseok immediately takes the pumpkin, holding It near his face and smiles “It has the heart shapes smile as my” Hoseok is puts down the pumpkin and gives Joon a quick kiss on the cheek.

“Your turn Jin” Jungkook says while Namjoon is still blushing and looking down.

Jin moves his pumpkin and everyone gasp. “wow, that’s really well made” Hoseok says. Sense Jin has more practise than everyone else and always complains how easy the carving is, they decided to give him a harder task this year. So he had to carve out Jimin and Yoongi as toddlers as well as himself.

“If we show this to Jimin and Yoongi when they turn back, maybe they’ll be less mad”

Everyone laugh while looking at the clock which shows 23:10. Only 50 minutes to go.

*

They decide to go to bed, they’re tired and even when Yoongi and Jimin change back they aren’t going to wake up either way. The transition isn’t going to be painful and Jungkook has no idea what he’s going to say to them.

“Why aren’t you going to bed?” Tae asks raising an eyebrow at Jungkook. The others decided to go to their own homes saying they will be back in the morning.

“Hobi moved Jimin and Yoongi to my bed, said they were cold and needed warmer blankets. I’m gonna sleep on the couch tonight” Jungkook says unfazed, moving to get a pillow and a blanket.

“The couch is uncomfortable, let’s go, you can sleep in my bed” Tae says walking passed Jungkook and into his room, taking off his sweater.

“If your uncomfortable I can sleep on the couch” Jungkook reassures following Taehyung into the room.

“Jungkook, we cuddle all the time, the only difference is that we will be without clothes” Tae laughs seeing how red Jungkook turns.

*

“Are you sleeping?” Jungkook asks, looking to were Tae is.

“No, what’s up?” Tae answers, moving closer to Jungkook and putting his head on his shoulder.

“Nothing, you’re probably tired” Jungkook says feeling too nervous, maybe It’s not the time to tell Taehyung. I mean they have two toddlers to take care of and what If he ruins their friendship.

“Jungkook, tell me” Taehyung says lifting up his head to look into Jungkook eyes, trying to reassure him that everything will be okay. Jungkook sighs, guess It’s now or never.

“I love you a lot, not just like a friend, I want to cuddle and smother you in kisses every chance I get, I’ve felt this way for awhile, maybe even sense we were little, I guess I was just too oblivious to notice. I would have told you sooner, but I was afraid I would ruin our friendship” Jungkook says, looking at the ceiling, trying not to cry while waiting for Taehyung to respond.

“You dork” Taehyung gets up, straddling Jungkook’s thighs. He takes Jungkook’s chin into his hands “I love you too” he says while looking straight into Jungkook’s eyes. And that’s all It takes for Jungkook to close the space between them.

Out of every situation he thought he’ll be in after confessing, he didn’t expect this. He didn’t expect that Tae loves him back or that he would be kissing the love of his life tonight. But what Jungkook didn’t know is that Taehyung has been in love with him sense they were five years old.

Taehyung probably wouldn’t know that too, If It wasn’t for his old diary. He had found It recently and after reading It, he finally understood why he had always felt different with Jungkook then with his other friends. Tae couldn’t believe five year-old Taehyung had figured It out faster than him.

They pull away to catch their breaths, crying out of happiness while holding each other closer.

“You dumbass” Tae laughs and leans in to catch Jungkook lips with his again. It’s been one hell of an emotional rollercoaster for everyone and especially Jungkook and Taehyung.

“JUNGKOOK” they hear Yoongi and Jimin yelling from the other room and they pull apart fast.

“You said they wouldn’t wake up after changing back” Jungkook says raising an eyebrow at Tae.

Taehyung shrugs his shoulders being surprised himself, the book said It wasn’t painful so he assumed they wouldn’t wake up.

“Let’s pretend we aren’t here” Kook says kissing Taehyung’s cheek.

“This won’t end well” Tae says, giggling between kisses.

 

-The End-