Actions

Work Header

Half Of Us

Summary:

In which werewolves have gone rouge so vampires had to step up take authority. Jungkook is a young pup who gets captured by Namjoon’s clan. He freaks out at first but then they bring in Jimin, a boy who smells like home and the lingering scent of vampires.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

They brought him in chains, the sound of metal being dragged across the floor echoed into the silent house. Four men struggled to control the chained up male, his constant growls and movement made it hard for them to take him into the cellar. There was three hook against the wall, one for the neck and two for the wrist. The four men immediately connected his chains to it. The male struggled and struggled, barking and snarling like a beast and the four boys moved out of reach as soon as he was securely chained.

 

“Fucking beast.” One of males hissed and the chained up boy growled louder. “He almost bit off my hand twice.”

 

“Hyung you shouldn’t call him that. He’s a person too.” Another male said making the first one scoff.

 

“What are we going to do with his one Namjoon ?” A taller male this time.

 

“We wait until he calms down. Right now, he’s fighting off of pure rage.” Namjoon said. “And when he settles, we can get him healed.”

 

“Hyung can I heal him ? Please can I ?” A younger boy asked eagerly.

 

“Taehyung...” Namjoon looked at him wearily.

 

“Oh just let him. But only after he’s...calm.” The oldest said.

 

“Yes thank you Jinnie-hyung !” Taehyung said happily before looking at the chained up male. “He looks so young. How old do you think he is Yoongi-hyung ?”

 

“I’m not good at reading the ages of mutts. That’s what Hoseok is for.” Yoongi said.

 

“Speaking of Hoseok, where is he and Jimin ?” Seokjin asked.

 

“I told them to say inside while we caught the wolf. They’re probably on the other end of this giant ass house.” Yoongi said.

 

“Will we bring Jiminnie down soon ?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Maybe.” Namjoon said. “Until then let’s go upstairs and wash up. You’re all filthy.”

 

“And we smell like dog.” Yoongi said and the wolf boy growled again. Yoongi smirked at him.

 

“Stop teasing him hyung.” Taehyung said. “This is why you always get bit at.”

 

“Yeah yeah yeah let’s go.” Yoongi said and Taehyung followed him upstairs. Namjoon and Seokjin waited until their footsteps faded before looking down at the chained up boy.

 

“Are you calm now ?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Fuck you. Filthy leeches ! I’ll kill you, I’ll rip every limb from your lifeless body.” The boy snarled.

 

“I take that as a no.” Namjoon sighed. This wasn’t going to be easy. 

 

“Well let’s bargain, if you don’t calm down, you’ll have to stay down here longer. And no one likes to be left in the cellar for long. It tends to...get to you.” Seokjin said. The boy only glared, eyes red and menacing. “If you calm down, we will get you healed and we will have a discussion. We aren’t here to hurt you.”

 

“Then why do you have me chained up ?” The kid asked.

 

“Because you want to hurt us. We aren’t stupid, you’re a strong wolf. Who knows what you’ll do if we let you loose.” Seokjin said. “So care to calm down ?”

 

“No.” The boy said.

 

“Fine with me. Let’s go.” Seokjin said to Namjoon. He would deal with this child later on. Namjoon only sighed, looking at the wolf one last time before heading upstairs. The growls and howls started immediately. Taehyung was in the kitchen heating up something warm to fight off the cold that seemed to seep into the old mansion. He was freshly showered and soon another person came inside.

 

“Hobi-hyung! Are you hungry ?” Taehyung asked the older.

 

“A bit. It’s colder than usual.” Hoseok said.

 

“Odd that we shouldn’t be able to feel such cold but I think the winter is getting to us.” Taehyung said.

 

“The winter just started too. Looks like it will be a long one.” Yoongi said, accepting a mug from Taehyung.

 

“That’s what happens when you live in the middle of the forest. Colder winters, longer nights.” Yoongi said. “Where’s Jiminnie ?”

 

“Sleep. He’s still human you know ?” Hoseok said.

 

“Sometimes I forget.” Yoongi smirked. Though it didn’t last as the howling rang in his ears. “I’m going to gag that damn wolf.”

 

“Hyung no ! You’ll get hurt doing it alone.” Taehyung said.

 

“I’m stronger than I look kid.” Yoongi said.

 

“I know.” Taehyung sighed.

 

“Besides, what if he wakes up Jiminnie ? The kid barely sleeps as it is. I’d be damned if some mutt ruins that.” Yoongi said.

 

“Jiminnie is fine. Don’t worry about him.” Seokjin said, freshly showered hair covered with a damp towel. “Is that O+ ?”

 

“Yup. Joonie-hyung brought it from work the other day.” Taehyung smiled as he poured Seokjin some. 

 

“Do you think his voice will give out soon ?” Hoseok asked after a moment of silence. 

 

“Probably will tire himself out and he will fall asleep. Tomorrow if he’s calm, we will heal him. If he’s not calm then we will knock him out. I don’t know how bad his wounds are but well, he put up a good fight.” Seokjin said.

 

“Yes my first healing ! I can’t wait. I can feel my magic tingling.” Taehyung said excitedly.

 

“Oh you’re going to heal him ? I have to see this.” Hoseok teased making Taehyung pout.

 

“I’ll be a great healer.” Taehyung said.

 

“You’re still very young Tae. Don’t be upset if it doesn’t go perfectly.” Seokjin said.

 

“Don’t jinx it hyung.” Taehyung pouted further.

 

“Well since the night is still young, should we go watch a movie ?” Seokjin asked.

 

“When I went into town I picked up a few new movies for you.” Hoseok said and Taehyung clapped happily. They all shuffled into the living room, minds taken off of the beast that laid under their house. His howls stopped as the clouds shadowed over the moon letting no light peak its way into the cellar leaving him in darkness.

 


 

Jimin woke up to light peeking in from his window. The winter sky was light almost white and reflected heavily on the snow. Jimin groaned a bit and rolled around in his bed. He stretched something similar to a cat and yawned, eyes blinking open only to yelp at the sight of Namjoon sitting in the chair closets to his bed.

 

“Good morning hyung.” Jimin said. Rubbing his nose because how didn’t he smell the older.

 

“Morning Minnie. Did you sleep well ?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Yes. Though I thought Hobi-hyung would have stayed with me.” Jimin pouted slightly.

 

“Well maybe tonight he will lay with you. How about some breakfast ? What are you in the mood for ?” Namjoon asked and stood up as Jimin did the same.

 

“Meat.” Jimin said simply.

 

“Then meat it is. Let’s see if Jin-hyung is around.” Namjoon said, patting Jimin’s back as they made their way down the stairwell. Jimin feet padded gently on the wooden floor, his pajamas a bit too big, extended down to his toes and finger tips. Seokjin was indeed awake, wishing away at something in a glass bowl before he looked at Jimin.

 

“Good morning Jiminnie.” Seokjin said and smiled as Jimin walked over to him and pulled him into a hug. “You’re up early.”

 

“I slept for six hours this time.” Jimin said.

 

“No nightmares ?” Seokjin asked.

 

“Not even one.” Jimin said.

 

“Good boy.” Seokjin ruffled Jimin’s hair.

 

“I’m making you some beef jeon. I heard you wanted meat.” Seokjin said. 

 

“Yeah today seems to be one of those kinds of days.” Jimin said, backing off the older to let him cook. “Where’s Taehyungie ?”

 

“Getting ready for some healing.” Namjoon said.

 

“Healing ? Who is he healing ?” Jimin asked as he sat at the table. “I did have one dream last night, it wasn’t a nightmare, though it was filled with the sounds of wolves.” Jimin recalled. He paused as Seokjin dropped his knife.

 

“Sorry.” Seokjin smiled tightly. Jimin looked at the older vampire curiously before shrugging. Taehyung bounced in soon enough. The young vampire was also in pajamas and his fluffy hair bounced at his movement.

 

“I’m ready hyung.” Taehyung said. “Oh Jiminie you’re awake.”

 

“Yes. Unlike some if you, I actually need sleep to survive.” Jimin teased.

 

“Eh jokes on you, I get to spend more time learning while you’re sleeping. Soon I’ll be smarter than you’ll ever dream of being.” Taehyung said and Jimin huffed.

 

“As if.” Jimin said.

 

“You wouldn’t know you don’t get to go to a real school anyways.” Taehyung said and Jimin frowned.

 

“Taehyung that wasn’t nice.” Seokjin scolded.

 

“Sorry.” Taehyung said. Jimin said nothing. “I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean it Minnie. Real school isn’t fun anyways. Everyone sucks and people are mean. I’d rather spend all my time with you then other kids.”

 

“It’s okay.” Jimin said. A plate of food placed in front of him made him feel better. The beef melted in Jimin’s mouth and he couldn’t help but smile. “This so good.”

 

“Human food. I can’t understand how you can eat it.” Taehyung’s nose crinkled cutely making Jimin giggle.

 

“It’s filling juicy meat. I like when it’s a bit rare and there’s some blood left.” Jimin said making Taehyung gag. They both laughed at each other’s antics. Jimin was about to question the other on something when a familiar howl caught his ears.

 

“Is that -“

 

“The wolf !” Taehyung shot up. “He must be in pain.”

 

“You caught a wolf ?!” Jimin shouted.

 

“It’s in the basement. He’s freaking ripped. It took me and the hyungs a while to chain him.” Taehyung said excitedly.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me.” Jimin asked Namjoon.

 

“I was going to once the wolf settled down. But now he’s awake.” Namjoon sighed.

 

“He’s...his howl is a painful one. What did you do to him ?” Jimin asked, frightened.

 

“Nothing baby. We would never hurt a wolf. We took him in before he got himself killed by the hands of hunting vampires. Also the cellar isn’t a fun place. Once he’s calm, we will heal him.” Seokjin said, trying to comfort Jimin but the boy shot up from his seat.

 

“I’ll calm him down.” Jimin said.

 

“Jiminnie I don’t think-“ Namjoon started but Jimin’s blue eyes met his.

 

“Please ? Please I haven’t seen another wolf in a while. I can help him, I know I can. Please hyung ?” Jimin asked, begged more like.

 

“God you know I can’t say no to you.” Namjoon sighed after a moment and Taehyung cheered.

 

“Yes let’s help the wolf !” Taehyung said and the two ran off before Namjoon or Seokjin could stop them. Jimin took quiet tentative steps down to the cellar, Taehyung trailing quietly as they got closer. The poor boy was indeed all chained up. He looked up at Taehyung and eyes flickered red and growled.

 

“Hey hey don’t be that way. I’ve brought you some help.” Taehyung said. Another snarl was his response.

 

“Let me handle this.” Jimin said. He took a step closer to the wolf. It’s been so long since Jimin was allowed this close to another wolf. The boy finally seemed to take notice of Jimin. The low growls in his throat settled at a familiar scent hit him.

 

“Omega.” The wolf said. Jimin knelt down slowly, just out of reach that the wolf couldn’t touch him but close enough that he could smell him. “Omega help me.” The wolf said again, voice softer.

 

“I’m trying to pup. But you’re scaring my clan.” Jimin said softly. 

 

“Clan ? Wolf has no clan, only pack.” The wolf sniffed him again. “You smell weird.” Jimin giggled at that.

 

“You’re not the first to tell me so.” Jimin said, hand meeting Jungkook’s nose. The wolf boy nuzzled into it, body practically sinking into Jimin’s hand.

 

“Weird. Weird, you smell like omega and them.” The wolf said.

 

“Well if you promise to calm down, just enough for one of my clansmen to heal you, I’ll tell you why I smell so weird.” Jimin said, moving his small hand to run along the brunettes hair. 

 

“And you’ll help me ?” The wolf asked, debating it.

 

“Of course. Wolf helps wolf.” Jimin said and leaned down so his forehead could touch the other’s. He rumbled this time, not a growl but something more comforting.

 

“Okay.” The boy said as he pulled back, eyes no longer the fierce red but a soft amber.

 

“Okay.” Jimin said. “Tae ?” Jimin turned around to see not only Taehyung but the rest of the clan as well. They were watching Jungkook like a hawk as Taehyung took a step forward. The wolf tensed up and Jimin moved to his side.

 

“Where does it hurt ?” Taehyung asked as he got closer. He only growled. “Sorry I don’t speak wolf.” Taehyung smiled.

 

“He’s not going to hurt you. He’s one of the most powerful vampires I know. He’s just going to heal you so tell him what hurts.” Jimin said.

 

“My ribs. And ankle.” The boy said.

 

“Okay I’m going to heal both. I don’t think it will hurt.” Taehyung said.

 

“You don’t think ?” The wolf squeezed out before Taehyung outstretched a hand. His fingers glowed silver, matching his mercury eyes as they hovered close to the wolf boy’s rib cage. He didn’t let out any sounds as his ribs shifted back in place but he did grip Jimin’s wrist. “All done. See not that bad.” Taehyung said before moving down to the swollen ankle. It was badly buried and the size of a tennis ball. Taehyung used both hands to fix this one, letting the swelling go down until his ankle was nothing but red and a bit raw. “That’s all I can do for now. We should probably wrap that.”

 

“Unchain me.” The wolf said after Taehyung backed up.

 

“You have to earn that right.” Yoongi said from his position a few feet behind Taehyung.

 

“Omega. Free me.” The wolf looked at Jimin who could only sigh.

 

“If I free you, you have to promise not to hurt my clansmen. You have to let them care for you as well. You cannot run away either, you’re ankle needs time to heal.” Jimin said. 

 

“And if you don’t agree to that then stuck in the cellar you will be.” Namjoon said.

 

“Fine.” The boy said. “Just don’t keep me down here.”

 

“It’s dark isn’t it.” Jimin said gently, patting the wolf's head.

 

“Smells.” The boy said, maybe a bit pouty.

 

“Unchain him Jimin. But slowly.” Namjoon said. Jimin walked to the wall and with a bit of his own magic, the chains fell free from the walls.

 

“He should shower. And needs some clothes.” Seokjin said. They watched the boy sniff the air around Jimin as he unlocked the chains from his wrist and neck. He rubbed his hands over the bruises the chains caused.

 

“You have magic. Like them.” The wolf said.

 

“I’m much like them. What’s your name pup ? I’m Jimin.” Jimin said.

 

“Jungkook.” The boy said after a moment.

 

“Jungkook, how old are you ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Sixteen.” Jungkook said.

 

“Oh he’s a baby.” Seokjin said, hand coming to his heart.

 

“What about your pack pup ? You’re too young to be far from them.” Jimin said.

 

“Pack...” the boys grew dark. “Those leeches killed my pack. They took everything from me. My pack is nothing now.” Jungkook said.

 

“Shh it’s okay. They can’t hurt you anymore. I’m sorry you lost your pack. I lost mine too, long ago.” Jimin said.

 

“Then why are you with them ? Why do you live in a clan ? What’s a wolf doing in vampire territory.” Jungkook asked.

 

“Answers to those questions can be heard after your bath. You reek of dirt and blood.” Seokjin said.

 

“Best listen to him pup. Else he will force you.” Jimin said helping Jungkook stand up. He was much taller than Jimin thought but Jimin was strong. The pup hissed slightly at his ankle so Jimin let him lean on him. They made their way upstairs quietly.

 

“I’ll watch him shower.” Hoseok said as Jimin led the werewolf to the bathroom on the main floor. “You can get him some clothes.”

 

“Is that really safe ?” Yoongi asked. 

 

“He will behave. He said so.” Jimin said.

 

“How can you be so trusting of him ?” Taehyung asked.

 

“We are wolves. We can smell lies from miles away.” Jimin said.

 

“Such blind faith could get you killed.” Yoongi said and Jimin just sighed as he went to find some old clothes for the wolf. Living with a bunch of undead people led to a lot of clothes. Their sizes never changed so they only brought new ones when the old ones wore down. Jimin found a long sleeve shirt and sweatpants that seemed to be the wolf’s size. Underwear would be a problem for another day. He found some socks as well and made his way back to the bathroom. Hoseok took the clothes before shutting the door to give the boy a bit of privacy. He came out moments later, hair damp but clean. His scent burned Jimin’s nose deliciously, the scent of an alpha made him tingle and perk up.

 

“Hungry ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Starving.” Jungkook said. “Do...do they have food here ?”

 

“Yes pup they do. How else would I eat ?” Jimin giggled as he led Jungkook to his unfinished breakfast.

 

“I don’t know. You’re weird.” Jungkook said simply making Jimin pout.

 

“That’s not nice. I’ll have to teach you manners.” Jimin said. “But first you should eat.” Jimin simply reheated the jeon and gave it to the wolf. He sniffed it, searching for anything off but found nothing. Jimin watched him eat, sitting across from him. Namjoon and Yoongi hovered closely, watching so cautiously it made Jimin sigh. Once Jungkook finished eating, Jimin led him to the living room, he could feel a talk coming along.

 

“So...” Namjoon started as everyone settled by the fireplace. “Tell us why you were running Jungkook.”

 

“I said it before. My pack was hunted by vampires. This started last year, we weren’t doing anything wrong, stayed in our territory and away from the humans. But something went wrong, the vampires found us. They killed us off slowly at first, simply to scare us. Then one night, they decided to end us all. They burned down my pack’s village. They tied up the men and forced the women and children to sit and watch as they killed off all of our fathers. It...it was awful. No one sat easily after the first kill and soon a fight broke out. My parents told me to run north. Run far away until I got to the northern packs. I just reached here a few days ago, trying to find the northern pack but we were ambushed. I ran into the forest, hiding. Then you four showed up, I thought you were going to kill me.” Jungkook said. He was shaking, hands clenched tightly and emitting a sour smell. “I ran because I can’t get killed. Not yet. Not when I’m so close to finding a new pack who can avenge my old one.”

 

“You’re a kid. You could have gotten yourself killed running aimlessly through the streets of Seoul.” Namjoon said. “Things work differently up here kid. Rules a bit more strict. We won’t just kill any werewolves but make problems and people will feel threatened.” 

 

“How do you think I feel ? You chained me down !” Jungkook growled out.

 

“Easy there mutt. We saved your life. We might not kill wolves but others would love too.” Yoongi said. Jungkook glared sharply.

 

“I don’t like you leech. I never asked to be saved.” Jungkook said.

 

“But you should be grateful. Everyone deserves to survive. You want justice, you can’t do that dead.” Seokjin said. Jungkook huffed, crossing his arms childishly.

 

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore.” He said simply.

 

“What do you want to talk about ?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Him.” Jungkook said, looking at Jimin. “How is a wolf able to survive with a bunch of leeches ?”

 

“I guess I do owe you that story.” Jimin said, smiling gently. “It’s simple, I’m a vampire.”

 

“Impossible. You smell like omega.” Jungkook said.

 

“That’s because I’m a werewolf.” Jimin said.

 

“It-huh ? That doesn’t make sense. How can you say you’re a vampire and then say you’re a wolf ?” Jungkook cocked his head.

 

“Because puppy, I’m both.” Jimin said.

 

“That’s...that’s impossible.” Jungkook said, eyes wide.

 

“Not really. When a mommy wolf and a daddy vampire get together, they can create a child of two moons, a hybrid. Me.” Jimin said.

 

“But-“ Jungkook snuffed the air again. “You don’t smell like them. Not really.”

 

“No, which is kind of a curse to hide. But I look like them, have magic like them, can feed like them. So in return, I can live among them like normally.” Jimin said.

 

“But you’re a wolf. The moon will call you eventually.” Jungkook said.

 

“She does. I can shift if that’s what you’re asking.” Jimin said.

 

“That’s-“

 

“Impossible yeah yeah you’ve said that already.” Taehyung said. Jungkook glared at him.

 

“But your hearts beating.” Jungkook said.

 

“That’s what alive means.” Jimin snorted. “I’m just like you Jungkook. I sleep, I breathe, I need to eat actually food to survive. All of that. I shift when the moon calls and howl when she does it. But I also get thirsty, blood is delicious in ways it shouldn’t be. I also got their powers too.”

 

“Do you age ?” Jungkook asked. “How old are you ?”

 

“I’m seventeen. I’ve been aging since I was born but I don’t know if I will stop. There isn’t much about hybrids ever since the split.” Jimin said.

 

“That’s...this is all crazy.” Jungkook said.

 

“Yeah it took all the hyungs a while to accept it too.  They still don’t understand it.” Jimin laughed.

 

“It’s just odd. You’re everything a vampire should be but then I see you sleeping and remember that you’re human too.” Taehyung said.

 

“How don’t the leeches know you’re not wolf ? You smell so strongly of us.” Jungkook asked.

 

“I don’t know. Looks are deceiving. I’m pretty and pale and my eyes are just light enough to fit in. But I don’t be around the vampires too much. I can’t blend in with normal humans either. Vampires have that sort of...antique-ness about them. Like they’re not real almost ? I don’t know, whatever it is I have it too.” Jimin said.

 

“What about wolves ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Oh there’s no problem there. I’m your typical wolf besides my sent.” Jimin said. “And my eyes I guess. Wolf eyes are usually pools of golds and amber. Somehow I got stuck with blue.” Jimin said.

 

“It’s genetics really.” Namjoon said. “Dominate gene that your parents both had to have.”

 

“Wolves don’t do blue. Never had. Well not until you.” Jungkook said simply.

 

“Well I can sense this chat is over.” Yoongi said moving.

 

“Wait we need to lay down a few rules for him. You are not to be roaming outside. We live in vampire territory and we don’t need you dead or something. Also if you’re going to be living under my house you follow my rules. In the clans leader here, you must heal and then we will see what we can do about the pack you’re trying to find.” Namjoon said.

 

“So you’ll help me ?” Jungkook asked shocked.

 

“We aren’t killers, wolf. And you’re a child. You’ll need all the help you can get. But first, heal.” Namjoon said.

 

“Oh. Well what do these rules include ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“No biting. No running off. No picking fights. Stay inside for now. Eat what we bring, I know wolves like to hunt but it’s unsafe. Listen to your elders, we might seem a bit mean or even ignorant at times  but the closets thing we have dealing with wolves is Jimin.” Namjoon stated.

 

“Once I’m healed you’ll let me go ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“We will send you off to the pack yes.” Namjoon said.

 

“Then I’ll listen.” Jungkook said.

 

“Good boy.” Jimin said patting his hair. If Jungkook leaned into the touch ever so slightly, the vampires didn’t say anything.

Chapter 2: Chapter 2

Chapter Text

 

The day went by more or less eventful. Taehyung was excited to have a new friend around, there weren’t too many young creatures around his age besides at school so having Jungkook as a younger friend made him giddy. Too bad Jungkook felt the opposite. You could see it in every fiber of his being that he did not like the vampires. He snarled and growled if they got too close. He glared strongly if they looked at him too long and was extremely cautious around them. 

 

Now it was night time and they were trying to figure out where Jungkook should sleep. Seokjin had made them dinner and the vampires were respectful enough not stare as he tore into the chunks of meat. 

 

“Just let him sleep with me.” Jimin said after they all tried to think of a way to keep Jungkook close but not exactly in their space.

 

“No.” They all said simply.

 

“Why not ?” Jimin huffed.

 

“He’s a wolf Jimin. What if he hurts you.” Hoseok said.

 

“I’m a wolf too and I haven’t hurt any of you.” Jimin snapped making Hoseok soften.

 

“I didn’t mean it like that.” Hoseok tried to say.

 

“It’s whatever. You guys just don’t understand wolves. Unlike vampires we really don’t like to harm one another. Wolves help wolves. It’s not just a saying but a way of life. He won’t harm me.” Jimin said.

 

“But how do we know that ?” Seokjin said. 

 

“Because, he’s an omega.” Jungkook said.

 

“You keep saying that but we don’t know what that means.” Namjoon said.

 

“In wolf culture omegas are our life prides and are favored by the moon herself. They help raise the pack while also protecting them. It would do great dishonor to ever harm one. They are sort of rare so to even have one is a gift from the gods.” Jungkook said. 

 

“Wolves are pretty protective over omegas. If we were a pack, you all wouldn’t let Jungkook step foot near me until he was deemed safe. And even then you’d be cautious.” Jimin explained further.

 

“So he won’t hurt you because something about your wolf prohibits him to ?” Namjoon asked.

 

“In a way yes.” Jimin said.

 

“I don’t see a problem with it.” Taehyung said. “Besides it’s easier to have them together. Jungkook only likes Jimin, only listens to Jimin. They’ll just be sleeping anyways.” 

 

“I guess you’re right.” Namjoon sighed.

 

“Yes ! Jungkook you’re going to love my nest ! I never had an alpha in it. Well, I never had another wolf in this house but it’s really soft and pretty.” Jimin said proudly.

 

“What’s a nest ?” Hoseok asked.

 

“Hyung you can’t just ask an omega about their nest !” Jimin gasped, cheeks flushed.

 

“But you just-“

 

“Enough of this. Send the two humans to bed.” Yoongi said. “We can do rounds to make sure everything is good until they wake up.”

 

“Can I be on first watch ? I have to study with Joonie-hyung because I have an exam next week.” Taehyung said.

 

“Okay. We can choose the rest of the order later.” Yoongi said.

 

“Yes !” Jimin and Taehyung said excitedly.

 

“Come on Jungkook !” Jimin grabbed Jungkook’s wrist and tugged him up to his room. Jimin’s bed was huge and decked in soft yellows and blue accents. He had a lot of pillows and a few plush toys that matched the aesthetic.

 

“What a wonderful nest omega.” Jungkook said touching the bed gently. Jimin all but preened and blushed at the praise. 

 

“Y-you can lay down first.” Jimin said and Jungkook nodded. He crawled into Jimin’s bed and sighed at the softness if it. He hadn’t laid in a nice bed in weeks. Jimin looked at him with cherry cheeks and shy smiles making Jungkook flush himself.

 

“Uh you can lay down too.” Jungkook said. “I mean it’s your nest you can do whatever.”

 

Jimin giggled at this and smiled at Jungkook. He climbed into his bed and laid next to Jungkook. Having an alpha in his nest who looked so calm and  relaxed made Jimin want to purr. His light flickered off but Jimin saw perfectly in the darkness. Jungkook was careful of his weakened ankle as he rolled onto his side and looked at Jimin.

 

“I’m really glad you’re here. I don’t know how I’d handle being in a house filled with leeches.” Jungkook said.

 

“Maybe scared. I know I would be. But they’re good people trust me. For now, focus on healing pup.” Jimin said and Jungkook nodded.

 

“Goodnight omega.” Jungkook said, eyes fluttering closed. Jimin giggled at the cuteness before closing his own eyes. 

 

They were soon asleep and Taehyung all but sighed. How the two forgot about his existence was beyond him. He slipped into Jimin’s window ledge, watching the misty sky go black. Taehyung wonders what knew adventures having a full on wolf would bring them. Something in his gut told him they were in for a ride.

 


 

The next morning, Jimin woke up to Jungkook’s nose pressed into his neck. He smiled gently remembering the young wolf before peaking behind him. Jungkook’s dark locks fell against the expanse of Jimin’s pillow. One cheek mushed against the bed and lips slightly parted was enough to make him coo.

 

“Jungkook wake up. We should eat.” Jimin said after a moment. Jungkook stirred away after the fifth try and blinked at Jimin confused.

 

“What ? Where am I ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“In my nest. You’re safe.” Jimin said.

 

“Omega’s nest. Safe.” Jungkook took a deep breath before his eyes snapped back open. He shot up, pulling Jimin behind him. “Leech.”

 

“Mutt.” Yoongi said from across the room, not even bothered from his position in the giant chair.

 

“Hey it’s okay. He’s not gonna to hurt you.” Jimin said.

 

“Not me, you. Must protect omega.” Jungkook said.

 

“I’m fine.” Jimin said grabbing Jungkook’s wrist. “He’s my clan remember ?” Jungkook faltered at that. His wolf not finding the sense in an omega with a clan. He didn’t take his eyes off of Yoongi as he took up. Jimin stretched and stood up too, eyes glancing at Yoongi a bit apologetically. The older vamp said nothing, just went back to reading the book in his hand. 

 

“Hungry pup ?” Jimin asked. Jungkook nodded. Jimin helped him down the stairs, offering to carry him but Jungkook flushed a bit too brightly at that idea and Jimin decided not to tease the wolf for now. Breakfast today was mandu with a side of vegetable rice and hotteok.  Hoseok and Taehyung were at the table with papers and books around them. 

 

“Good morning hyungs. Morning Tae. Searching for something ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Good morning Minnie. Morning Jungkook. No, but my teacher wants me to design a map and Hoseok-hyung is our best scouter so he’s helping me.” Taehyung said.

 

“How’s it coming along ?” Jimin asked.

 

“We might need your artistic touch.” Hoseok teased making Taehyung pout. Jimin laughed softly before turning to Jungkook. The food was placed in front of them now and Jimin felt his stomach growl slightly.

 

“Thank you for the meal Jin-hyung.” Jimin said. He then tapped Jungkook lightly.

 

“Thanks.” He grumbled.

 

“Eh good enough.” Seokjin sighed before pouring the drinks. Jimin held out his chopsticks, about to reach for a mandu when Jungkook caught his wrist. All eyes went on him at the fast movement. Jungkook held up the mandu to his face before sniffing it. He deemed it safe and brought it to Jimin’s mouth.

 

“Eat.” Jungkook said.

 

“He’s not going to do that to all the food is he ?” Taehyung asked. Oh but Jungkook would. How could Jimin forget, alphas we’re extremely protective especially in environments they weren’t comfortable in. He hasn’t deemed Seokjin trust worthy yet so to make sure nothing harmed the omega, he had to check for it first. This reminded Jimin of something vaguely, something of a familiar scene around a familiar scent but that thought was gone as quickly as it came.

 

“It’s wolf culture.” Jimin said simply, blowing on the food before taking a bite.

 

“You’re going to have to explain a bit more in depth on what this wolf culture is like. Call us ignorant but he’s so protective over you and he’s only known you for a day.” Hoseok said.

 

“Well...it’s more like it isn’t him that’s calling the shots here, it’s his alpha.” Jimin said.

 

“So do all wolves have like two identities or something ?” Taehyung asked.

 

“I wouldn’t say identities but more like instincts. Your wolf is apart of you just like magic is apart of vampires. Everything that your wolf feels and thinks are your true emotions just a bit chaotic at times because they’re driven by what you feel. Jungkook is an alpha, alphas are very protective over omegas. His alpha doesn’t trust any of you yet so whether he’s aware of it or not, he’s going to subconsciously do things that may seem a bit much but it’s just for my well being.” Jimin said.

 

“So how do you know what his alpha wants ?” Hoseok asked.

 

“Hmm that’s harder to explain. My omega and his alpha communicate in a way. Wolves are creatures of scents. Your scent is your identity as well as your way of expression. When he’s angry his scent spikes up and becomes tangy. When he’s sad it gets bitter. When he’s tense I feel all the hairs on my arms stand up because my omega doesn’t like a worried alpha. Calm him, comfort him, ease the alpha is what my omega screams. He will feel those comforting ways through my scent.” Jimin explained.

 

“Well that seems like a lot to handle.” Seokjin said. “No wonder wolves went rouge, they are following their animal instincts.”

 

“I’m sure that’s not the problem.” Jungkook growled. “We are being hunted. A mass genocide no thanks to your kind. Of course our instincts would scream to fight back. We aren’t animals.”

 

“You sure as hell act like one. Growling and teeth baring. Bet you’d give anything to bite into one of us.” Yoongi said, coming from upstairs.

 

“Isn’t that the other way around leech.” Jungkook glared.

 

“Your blood isn’t the least bit appetizing.” Yoongi said.

 

 “That’s enough hyung.” Jimin said. His blue eyes have gone cold. “Don’t talk about wolves as if they're mindless animals. We are humans too. And don’t blame wolves for a war they are out numbered in. The fight should have ended long ago but there’s a prejudice about werewolves that run deep in vampires. Maybe I was wrong to think you’d think differently.”

 

“Jimin that’s not what I meant.” Seokjin said, taking a step forward.

 

“Lately everyone has been saying things they don’t mean.” Jimin stood up. “Thank you for the meal but I’m going to go. Come on Jungkook.”

 

“Jimin wait-“

 

But Jimin was gone before anyone could say anything else, taking Jungkook with him. Sighing, Seokjin ruffled his hair.

 

“Well that didn’t go well.” Taehyung said.

 

“I should apologize.” Seokjin said.

 

“Give him some space hyung. An angry Jimin isn’t a fun one to talk to.” Hoseok said.

 

“Yoongi-hyung you should apologize too. Just because you don’t like wolves doesn’t mean you can go around bashing them. In case any of us forgot, Jimin is a wolf too. Hurting them hurts him too.” Taehyung said. They all sighed this time. It was always serious when Taehyung was right.

 

Meanwhile Jimin took Jungkook to the garden. It was the only place in the house were Jimin could be outside without having people see him outside if any wanderers made it this deep into the forest. It was cold in the glass room but the sun peaked over the dead plants and Jimin could see the outlines of the snow. He sighed as he sat them on a bench.

 

“We need to get you crutches or something.” Jimin said. Jungkook grunted.

 

“Omega isn’t happy ? Filthy leeches made your scent burn.” Jungkook said as he leaned over, nose gently touching Jimin’s cheek. 

 

“Yeah just a bit upset they keep blaming wolves for everything that’s going on lately. A war works both ways. There’s always bad guys to someone on each side. But I don’t think it’s strictly creatures fault. We have always been looked at as nothing but animals. When will people start to see werewolves as humans too ?” Jimin asked. He was more just speaking his mind than anything.

 

“I ask myself that a lot too. When will we be given the privilege to think of ourselves as humans. Humans don’t like us. Vampires hate us. I met a witch once and she tried to curse my shoelaces into snakes.” Jimin giggled at that slightly but Jungkook continued. “But I don’t know why we have to be the ones to prove ourselves. Sometimes things don’t work out as we would like them to. But as long as we know that we are humans then it shouldn’t matter what others think.” 

 

“You know, you’re pretty smart for a pup.” Jimin said after a moment of silence.

 

“You’re a pup too.” Jungkook whined.

 

“Yeah compared to the hyungs, we are babies.” Jimin said.

 

“I’ll be mature soon enough omega. Then you won’t have to worry about those leeches. I’ll protect you.” Jungkook said, nose moving down to Jimin’s neck. He inhaled. “You smell better now. Smell sweet.”

 

“When’s the last time you’ve been around an omega ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Last year ? My grandma was one and so was my aunt.” Jungkook said.

 

“Hmm. Then I’m sorry we had to meet this way. It would have been an honor to meet them.” Jimin said. Jungkook sighed.

 

“I don’t like thinking about old pack.” Jungkook said.

 

“I don’t think you should forget about them. They’re your family.” Jimin said.

 

“I have no family anymore.” Jungkook said.

 

“Me either pup.” Jimin took his hand. “I’m sorry I’m really bad at making people feel better.”

 

“No you’re fine. I’m just...scared I guess.” Jungkook said.

 

“You’re young and alone. It’s understandable but you don’t have to be. The hyungs will help you now. Just ease up on them. They’re a bit lacking in the wolf knowledge.”

 

“I can’t say I’ll try. I don’t like the small blonde one. He makes me want to rip his head off.” Jungkook grumbled.

 

“Yoongi-hyung is a lost cause. Don’t take him too seriously. He’s just an ancient old man and bitter about a lot of things but he means well. He wants to help.”

 

“Hmm.” Seeing as he wasn’t going to get through Jungkook today, Jimin sat up.

 

“Want to see if there’s any flowers left alive ? I know it’s winter but how amazing would it be if one or two survived.” Jimin offered. Jungkook well, Jungkook couldn’t dare say no when Jimin was that excited.

 

 

Four days had gone by before they needed to go into town. The clan barely went into town for multiple reasons but if they did, they almost never brought Jimin. Taehyung thought it wasn’t fair, he was sure that if they wrapped Jimin in enough of their clothes his wolf like scent would be blocked but Namjoon didn’t want to risk it.

 

“Besides we are going to be doing something to help Jungkook out. The pack he is looking for is deeply hidden and it’s a good day to ask around for at least a general area of them. I need all hands here for food as well as some supplies.” Namjoon said.

 

“Then who is going to stay behind ?” Hoseok asked.

 

“We can watch ourselves. And I can protect the both of us.” Jimin said.

 

“It’s not like we don’t know that Jiminnie. It’s the wolf that makes us weary.” Yoongi said.

 

“It’s not like he can go anywhere. His ankle still aches and he can’t even walk without the crutches.” Jimin said.

 

“We will only be gone for a little while. Think you’ll be okay for a few hours ?” Seokjin asked Jimin who nodded. The five other males were putting on jackets and snow boots, getting ready to bare the cold. 

 

“I’ll be fine. We could watch a movie. I can show him how to play a few games.” Jimin said.

 

“If anything goes wrong call us.” Hoseok said.

 

“Yes hyung. You all worry too much.” Jimin said. They all rushed outside swiftly and Jimin watched them until they disappeared behind the trees. He stood at the door for a moment longer before turning towards Jungkook with a grin. “Want to go outside ?”

 

“And do what ? I’m injured remember?” Jungkook said.

 

“We can build snow wolves !” Jimin said excitedly. “It won’t even take too long and it will be fun.”

 

“Okay.” Jungkook said after a little thought. Jimin clapped happily before moving to find them some gloves and scarfs. He soon had Jungkook bundled up in a navy blue winter jacket with a yellow hat and scarf. Jungkook grumbled about the scarf but let Jimin tie it around his neck. They didn’t need so many layers, wolves were naturally warm creatures but their human bodies needed a bit more protection without the warmth of their fur. Jimin himself wore a white jacket with a blue scarf and hat set. Jungkook teased him about his small hands barely being able to fit the gloves making him stick out his tongue. They stepped outside and a gust of cold air hit their faces. 

 

“So how do we make this snow wolf ?” Jungkook asked, leaning against one of the crutches.

 

“Well we start off with the body.” Jimin said.

 

“What do you base your wolf off of ?” Jungkook asked as he watched Jimin bend down and began to mold the snow.

 

“My mom.” Jimin said. “She was a strong wolf, small yet intimidating. Her coat was a pretty black and her eyes rivaled a golden moon.”

 

“Do you miss her ?” Jungkook asked, getting down to help Jimin.

 

“Sometimes. Sometimes I dream about her.” Jimin said.

 

“What happened to her ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“She went rouge.” Jimin said.

 

“Oh.” Was all Jungkook could say. “And your father ?”

 

“You know how you don’t like to talk about your pack ? I don’t like to talk about my father.” Jimin said.

 

“Sorry.” Jungkook smushed the snow into a little triangle for the ears.

 

“It’s fine.” Jimin said. “Curve the ear a bit more. There you go and place it right here. See it’s already starting to look like a wolf.” Jimin smiled. Jungkook said nothing as he watched Jimin. He was indeed different from other wolves, his skin pale and yet cheeks rosy from the cold. Something vampires could not do because he was alive. His blue eyes were brighter now, almost like a summer sky and it made Jungkook want to stare at him until he could practically smell the sea. His teeth had that vampires point to them and were as white as the snow yet they were thicker like a wolfs. His hair was black like the forest night and fell gently into his eyes like he needed a haircut. He was a beautiful mixture of two worlds and it all fascinated Jungkook.

 

“Hey you’re melting the snow.” Jimin said breaking Jungkook out of his thoughts. The handful he had in his hands was melting slightly and it made Jungkook flush. He slapped the snow on, helping form the tail. “Got lost in thought ?”

 

“A bit. You’re really pretty you know ?” Jungkook said. Jimin all but sputtered.

 

“P-pretty ?” Jimin flushed. Couldn’t help the pink burst into his cheeks and shook his head. “You can’t just say that without warning me.”

 

“It’s true. You even said so yourself.” Jungkook said.

 

“I thought I was vampire pretty not wolf pretty.” Jimin said.

 

“Huh ?” Jungkook seemed confused. “Who wouldn’t like you ? Your incisors are strong, your scent is amazing and you’re adorable.”

 

“Jungkook...” Jimin flushed. 

 

“You have this exotic mixture to you. It’s weird but...pretty ? Like you’re from both worlds.  Eyes of a vampire and teeth of a werewolf. Blood courses your veins yet magic escapes your finger tips. You’re something I’ve never experienced.” Jungkook said. He didn’t know where any of this was coming from but he needed to say it. Needed to see the life pulse through Jimin.

 

“You’re teasing me. I know you are.” Jimin said, not meeting Jungkook’s eyes.

 

“You’re just shy.” Jungkook said.

 

“Me ? Shy ? That’s a first.” Jimin giggled. Jungkook was about to say something when they both heard foot steps. Their heads snapped into the direction and immediately sniffed the air.

 

“Vampire.” They both said.

 

“We have to get you in the house.” Jimin stood up. Jungkook blinked one moment and the next he was being shoved inside. Jungkook never really saw Jimin use his vampire speed so it caught him a bit off guard.

 

“Oh thank god a house. Geez this place is huge I’m glad I stumbled upon it.” The person said and Jimin turned to see a male vampire walk from the trees. “Oh ? A young vamp.” He said as he looked at Jimin. Jimin held his breath, at this distance the man couldn’t smell him so he didn’t given away. “Hello fledgling.”

 

“Hello sir.” Jimin said, casually shutting the door behind him so Jungkook’s scent wouldn’t get caught within the wind.

 

“Could you tell me how far the closet town is ? I was just doing some camping and lost track of the trail due to the strong winds these last days.” The vampire said.

 

“It’s about fifty miles eastward.” Jimin said.

 

“Fifty ? Well seems like I’ve been traveling a bit further than expected.” The vampire said.

 

“If you use your speed it won’t take more than an hour.” Jimin said.

 

“Good to know.” There was a pause in his voice. “You wouldn’t happen to have a spare blood pouch ? I’ve used up my supply a few days ago and I’m a bit thirsty.”

 

“Um...” Jimin should say no. He should but he’s a bit too kind. “Sure one moment.”

 

“Thank you. I’ll wait right here.” He said and leaned against the closet tree. Jimin stepped inside and locked the screen door.

 

“What the hell Jimin ! That leech should go find his own body bag. Why are you feeding him ?” Jungkook hissed, low so the vampire didn’t hear him.

 

“I don’t know I panicked okay.” Jimin said, walking to the kitchen.

 

“Tell him you ran out.” Jungkook said following him.

 

“He’s gonna know something’s up. Or he’s gonna ask what have I been eating and then question where my clan head is.” Jimin said. 

 

“Then make this quick. If you get too close he will know.” Jungkook said.

 

“I know.” Jimin said taking out a pouch. Jungkook glanced at it disgusted but said nothing as Jimin made his way back outside.

 

“Interesting snow creature you’re building here.” The vampire was closer now, looking at the half built snow wolf.

 

“Oh it’s just my dog I was making.” Jimin said.

 

“Seems a lot like a wolf. You can tell by the ears.” The vampire said. Jimin wanted to strangle himself for making the ears so perfect.

 

“Well here’s your blood sir. I hope your journey isn’t too long.” Jimin said extending his hand out. The vampire took, thanking him as he bit into it and sighed.

 

“Thank you fledgling. I hope you enjoy the snow.” Jimin nodded at that but the guy didn’t move. “Aren’t you going to say good bye ?” Oh right. Fucking vampire etiquette. It was very normal to grasp the forearms of a fellow vampire as a parting. Jimin gulp as he stepped forward and grabbed the guys forearm. The man did the same and Jimin was quick to step back. But it was too late, something flashed across the mans face as he looked at Jimin.

 

“You...do you smell a wolf ?” He asked.

 

“N-no sir.” Jimin said.

 

“You know kid, you’re not very good at lying.” He said. Jimin was panicking now.

 

“Let me go.” Jimin said trying to push the guy away but his grip was strong.

 

“I can hear your blood rush in panic. Such an interesting vampire. Are you a dhampir ?” Jimin didn’t have a chance to respond as something jumped at both of them. It was Jungkook and he knocked the vampire down, pinning his face into the snow.

 

“I told you this was bad.” Jungkook said.

 

“A wolf? Is this what you’re hiding little fledgling?” The vampire asked.

 

“Shut up.” Jungkook growled, pushing the guy in deeper.

 

“I’m sorry sir but I’m going to have to knock you out.” Jimin said and before the guy could protest, Jimin held his hand out and the vampire went limp in Jungkook’s hold.

 

“What are we going to do with him ?” Jungkook asked. “Should we rip him apart ?”

 

“No. Let’s...let’s tie him in the cellar until the hyungs get back.” Jimin said.

 

“They’re never gonna leave us alone again you know that right ? Why don’t we just get rid of the evidence and-“

 

“Jungkook no ! I don’t kill innocent people.” Jimin said.

 

“Innocent ? He was going to hurt you omega. He deserves death.” Jungkook growled.

 

“No.” Jimin said meeting Jungkook’s flickering red gaze. “You will help me chain him up and you will do nothing else do you understand me alpha ?” Jimin said sternly. Jungkook’s eyes narrowed but Jimin’s much fiercer faze had him faltering.

 

“Fine. Fine, make more trouble for all of us then. But I’ll tell you this now, all leeches are better off dead.” 

Chapter 3: Chapter 3

Chapter Text

To say his hyungs were unhappy was an understatement. They came back two hours later to find a nervous looking Jimin and a glaring Jungkook. Jimin immediately showed them the knocked out vampire and Namjoon could do nothing but sigh.

 

“See. See I fucking told you two. So trusting of our precious little jiminnie and then he sneaks off behind us and causes more trouble. He needs to be watched.” Yoongi said.

 

“I’m not some child. I can take care of myself. This just was an accident. Who would have known someone was going to wander this deep into the forest and find our mansion. I thought we had wards for that.” Jimin said.

 

“You can never be too careful. What if he hurt you huh ? Then what ? Your crippled wolf can’t do much but watch probably enjoying the fact that another vampire is harmed or worse, dead.” Yoongi snapped back making Jimin flinch.

 

“Shut your mouth leech. You know nothing, you don’t disrespect omegas like that. Who do you think you are ?” Jungkook growled, standing up to put Jimin behind him.

 

“Who am I ? I’m that kids family ! You’re just some stray brat who is searching around for ghosts. We should have let you die back then.” Yoongi shouted and Jungkook’s eyed immediately went red. Jimin held him back instantly, wrapping his arms around Jungkook's middle. 

 

“No alpha don’t fight him. It’s okay alpha, I’m fine. He’s just worried, don’t be upset.” Jimin whispered into Jungkook’s back. Jungkook only growled.

 

“I hate this. I hate this and I hate all of you. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be around a bunch of people who hate me because of the way I was born. I don’t want to be around hypocrites that can’t even accept half of their own clansman. You all disgust me. If you can’t find the northern pack then I’ll do it myself. I don’t need your help and I don’t need your stupid pity.” Jungkook shouted and threw his crutches. He pulled himself away from Jimin and limped out of the living room.

 

“You know, that was really uncalled for hyung. Jungkook saved me. He’s been nothing but kind to me and all you do is put him down for it. I know you hate wolves and I know something terrible happened with you and them but you need to know not every wolf is a bad wolf. Not every wolf is the monster you wish them to be. We have hearts too hyung. Maybe you don’t understand since yours went cold centuries ago.” And with that, Jimin walked off, calling Jungkook’s name.

 

“He’s right you know ? You do have a bit of an extreme prejudice against them.” Namjoon said after a moment of silence. Yoongi said nothing, he had not moved from his spot since Jimin left.

 

“We have other matters to deal with. Like the vampire in the cellar.” Seokjin said. 

 

“Leave it to me.” Hoseok said. “It’s been a while since I used this gift.” He made his way down to the cellar.

 

“I’ll go make sure they’re alright.” Taehyung said and scampered off. 

 

“You have school tomorrow, make sure you prepare for that too.” Seokjin shouted before Taehyung disappeared. Sighing, Seokjin walked over to Yoongi. “Come on, let’s go to your room.” Seokjin said as he began tugging Yoongi away from where he was frozen at.

 

“Did you see hyung ?” Yoongi whispered as they climbed up the wooden stairs.

 

“See what ?” Seokjin asked.

 

“Hatred. There was hatred in Jiminnie’s eyes and it was directed towards me.” Yoongi voice was small and it made Seokjin falter a bit but he kept moving. “I fucked up badly huh ?”

 

“Hopefully you’ll give yourself some time to fix it. We’ve all said some pretty mean things to Jimin lately. I think it’s about time we try to amend ourselves. Besides his dad trusted him into our care.” Seokjin said.

 

“Yeah and look how much of a great job we are doing.”

 

“Raising kids are hard.” Seokjin said simply.

 

“For the first time, in a long time, I think I’d like to go to sleep.” 

 


 

“Jungkook don’t run ! Your ankles' not completely healed.” Jimin shouted. Jungkook had rushed down the corridors until he made it to the furthest room from the living room. The lights were dim and the area cold but Jungkook said nothing as he clasped on the floor.

 

“Just let me go Jimin. Why won’t you let me go.” Jungkook said.

 

“I won’t let you hurt yourself or worse, get yourself killed. You can’t find that pack alone. You need help.” Jimin said, keeping his distance from the trembling boy. 

 

“I need to leave here. There’s nothing good in these old walls. Everyone hates me. I don’t know why they insist on helping.” Jungkook said.

 

“Maybe because they don’t hate you. They genuinely want to help you find your pack. I do too.” Jimin said.

 

“They want me dead Jimin.” Jungkook said.

 

“No. No they don’t. They don’t want anyone dead. My hyungs aren’t killers.” Jimin said. “They’re just not good at this. They want to help people so much Jungkook. But they don’t know how to. They don’t know how to be around wolves and it’s not your fault. Just give them some time.”

 

“I’ve given them enough time. Soon my ankle will be healed and when it does. I’m leaving.” Jungkook said. Jimin tensed at that. Alpha leaving ? No no alpha can’t leave. Make him stay. Make him stay. Jimin’s omega went into a frenzy and Jungkook seemed to notice it. He glanced at Jimin who eyes fluttered between their elegant blue and gold.

 

“Leaving ? You can’t leave Jungkook. You can’t. They’ll kill you out there alone. I can’t let you die. No don’t leave alpha. Don’t leave please.” Jimin pleaded, moving closer to Jungkook. “I don’t know what I’d do if you left. You’re the first wolf I’ve meet in years after my mother left. You're the first wolf who isn’t freaked out by my vampire side, doesn’t mind my scent, doesn’t mind me. You're the first wolf in a long time who reminded me of what a pack feels like.”

 

“Pack...” Jungkook gulped. He looked at Jimin fully. Could he even step through those doors without Jimin ? He hasn’t seen another wolf in so long that was like Jimin. So kind and welcoming and right. Jimin felt right. And here Jungkook is messing up everything by trying to leave. Jimin thinks of him as pack. His alpha is yelling at him to do something. He panics as Jimin’s eyes grew glossy. And now he’s crying. Great you idiot. Jungkook took a step closer to Jimin who looked up at him so sadly. “I can’t go anywhere if you look like that omega.” Jungkook said after a while. “Come here.” 

 

Jungkook opened his arms and Jimin stepped into them fully. He sighed as he got a scent full of Jimin, the omega rubbing everywhere against him. His neck, his chest, his cheeks. He only stopped when Jungkook brought their foreheads together. “You are pack to me too Jimin.” Jimin absolutely preened in his hold.

 

“Then...you’ll have to start calling me hyung now.” Jimin said after a moment.

 

“I don’t know about that.” Jungkook teased making Jimin glare playfully. “Fine fine. Hyung. My omega hyung. My pack.” Jimin flushed, eyes flickering onto Jungkook before he moved in. He kissed Jungkook’s cheek softly, allowing their warmth to mingle in with each others. Jungkook couldn’t help the smile that graced his lips. Sweet sweet Jimin. How was he ever going to leave the poor thing when he was this precious ?

 


 

“I think it’s time we all talk. Like really talk. There’s a lot of tension and hurtful things that have been said and it’s better we let them all out and start anew.” Hoseok said a few days later. They were all gathered in the den this time. Namjoon and Yoongi were sitting on the small couch while Taehyung, Hoseok and Seokjin were on the bigger couch. Jimin and Jungkook were sitting in the two solo chairs. It was quiet for a moment before Seokjin cleared his throat.

 

“I guess I’ll go first.” He said. “I’ve said some pretty ignorant things lately and most of its due to my lack of knowledge on wolf culture. I never meant to hurt either of you. What we know about wolves are kind of seen in a bad light but that’s just an excuse. You’re not bad kids, not a bad race. I shouldn’t let society views blind my judgement on you two. I’m really sorry. I’m supposed to take care of you two and all I’ve help do was make you feel less and less like clan and more like outsiders. I hope you can forgive me.” Seokjin said.

 

“I’ve already forgiven you hyung. I know you don’t mean it. I know it isn’t your fault society hates wolves but it would be better if we all tried to get along.” Jimin said.

 

“Thank you Jiminnie.” Seokjin said and Jimin smiled. They all looked at Jungkook who glanced at them before looking back down.

 

“It’s fine.” He said.

 

“Well I guess I’m next.” Hoseok said. “I’ve said so pretty mean things too. I’m sorry for ever hurting you Jiminie. Sometimes it’s easy to forget you’re not fully vampire. Just sometimes I forget about what’s going on in today’s world. But then when Jungkook came it’s almost as if your wolf jumped out. You purr and make such cute sounds but you also growl and your eyes flicker and you’ve become something the entire world is so shameful of, I guess I just didn’t want to see you hurt. I’m sorry. You are you, wolf and vampire. It’s time I start accepting both.” 

 

“Thank you hyung.” Jimin said. “It’s...difficult to explain this but I never felt like I was living one way and hiding the other. To me, I am a wolf but I’m also a vampire. I may sleep and eat and the moon calls me but I also enjoy blood and there’s vampire magic in my veins. Maybe it’s the way I grew up. My parents never made it seem like I was unnatural. So I guess it hurt me a lot when you all started to treat my wolf side as something negative. We are humans too you know. We get hurt too. Jungkook must feel that way every day of his life too, though I at least can hide it better. Society may not accept wolves but society has been wrong for centuries. I hope one day everyone comes to understand that.”

 

“We are trying Jimin. We really are. I’m sorry Jungkook. You’re just a kid. This must be so stressful on you, losing your family and getting captured. I’ve been inconsiderate of your emotions too. I’ll try to get to know you better.” Hoseok said. Jungkook just nodded.

 

“Jungkook is pretty shy.” Jimin said.

 

“It’s okay. He’s kinda cute.” Seokjin said and Jungkook flushed, pushed his head down to cover his red cheeks. “Okay really cute.”

 

“Let me go next before the boy bursts.” Namjoon said. “I’m sorry as well. To Jungkook especially. I want to help you find a new pack. I want you to be safe and to live in a protected society but I know I’ve been slacking. I haven’t been putting my all into this and for that, you’ve suffered. You would be a lot of help in this search, I know you would. What better way to find a wolf pack than to use wolves ? Starting tomorrow I’ll use everything in my power to help you Jungkook. I hope your views on vampires change a least a bit by the time I’m done. Our goal here is to end this war and helping you would be a big start. So, I’d like to ask you, would you give me a second chance Jungkook ?”

 

Jungkook looked up at Namjoon who was staring with silver eyes. Jungkook could only sigh because these people were all he had to help. Talk about keeping your enemies close.

 

“Okay.” Jungkook said.

 

“Thank you.” Namjoon smiled. “I really appreciate it and won’t let you down this time kid.”

 

“My turn !” Taehyung shouted. “I’m sorry too. I haven’t been a good friend and I haven’t even tried to be a good hyung to Jungkook. But that changes today. You are both my friends. I should be kinder and treat you better. I know I’ve made Jiminnie sad on occasions. He’s all locked up in this house while I’m allowed to go to school and roam free without any consequences. I should be teaching you about the world, not making you jealous of it. Will you forgive me Jiminnie ?”

 

“You’re my best friend Tae. You’re my eyes to the outside world as well. Of course I’ll forgive you. Friends argue too you know.” Jimin said.

 

“Yeah but I hate seeing you sad. Your really resemble a sad puppy.” Taehyung said making Jimin scrunch his nose.

 

“I’m a wolf not a dog.” Jimin grumbled.

 

“Wolves aren’t dogs.” Jungkook said more firmly making Taehyung giggle.

 

“Okay Jungkookie.” Taehyung said. Jungkook flushed.

 

“Jungkookie ?” He repeated.

 

“All of my friends get a nickname. You should have one too.” Taehyung said. “Oh and you have to call us all hyung.”

 

“Hyung ?” Jungkook said, a bland taste in his mouth at the world. 

 

“Looks like he needs time with that one.” Seokjin teased making them all laugh. The laughter died down as everyone looked at Yoongi.

 

“Hyung...I know you have a history with wolves but can’t you find a way in your heart to accept us ?” Jimin asked. “Your views on wolves are pretty twisted. We aren’t mindless creatures. We aren’t the savage animals you paint us out to be. It hurts a lot to know that you think this way about us.” 

 

“I don’t think that way about you Jimin.” Yoongi said.

 

“No but you do. If you think that way about wolves then you think that way about me too. Stop trying to make a distinction between the two. I’m as much of a wolf as Jungkook is and I’m very much vampire as you are. But your prejudices are too powerful. You look down on wolves like scum. You treat Jungkook like trash when he’s just a pup. He doesn’t know any better but to use his instincts when you all captured and chained him up. So scared that he have to be to succumb to them completely.” Jimin said. “And don’t think I’m taking Jungkook’s side completely. This boy has some pretty twisted views himself. You can’t keep calling them leeches Jungkook.”

 

“I only call them what they are.” Jungkook said.

 

“Just like how you’re nothing but a mutt.” Yoongi spat back. Jungkook growled.

 

“Stop. We aren’t doing this again.” Namjoon said. “Just apologize hyung. You’re arguing with a child who hasn’t lived even twice of your age.”

 

“Fine.” Yoongi said.

 

“That’s not an apology.” Taehyung whispered making Yoongi glare at him.

 

“I’m sorry. Sorry but it’s going to take me a while to get used to a wolf being around us.” Yoongi said.

 

“But we’ve always had one around us. Jiminnie exists.” Taehyung said.

 

“Jiminnie’s different.” Yoongi said.

 

“I think if you can accept Jimin, then in time you can accept Jungkook just like how he’s trying to accept us. This is harder on him Yoongi. He’s lost everything to vampires and now he has to live with us. He’s probably more mentally drained than we think.” Seokjin said. Yoongi only looked at his lap.

 

“Well that seems like all we are going to get out of hyung for now.” Hoseok said. “As childish as it is.”

 

“Well I’m glad we said this all. I didn’t know you all had a hard time accepting my wolf side but I was thinking it would be best if you all learned some wolf etiquette?” Jimin said.

 

“Oh like what ? The alpha omega thing ?” Taehyung asked.

 

“That’s part of it. Our culture might seem weird at first but it’s structured this way so there won’t be much conflict. In return, Jungkook can learn more about vampires too.” Jimin suggested.

 

“Sounds good to me.” Namjoon said.

 

“I have an idea.” Seokjin said and everyone looked at him. “How about we all spend one day with Jungkook ? To get to know him better.” 

 

“I’m up for it ! I finally get to have a younger brother !” Taehyung said happily hugging a pillow.

 

“That might work. I think that will help ease the tension.” Namjoon said.

 

“Then it’s settled.” Hoseok said. Jungkook said nothing. Would spending a whole day alone with vampires work out ? Or will they end up hating each other more ?

 

“But let’s start next week. I have an exam this week.” Taehyung said.

 

“Anything for you.” Hoseok said, brushing Taehyung’s hair from his face. Jimin just smiled. Happy to see his clan and pack coming together.

 


 

“See you’re pretty good at this. But no one can beat me.” Taehyung said, fingers tapping away on the controller. Jungkook was doing the same but a bit more sporadically. His character died soon enough and Taehyung cheered. “Yes ! I feel so bad because you pout every time but victory is glorious.” Taehyung said, wrapping an arm around Jungkook. It was the next day and Taehyung invited Jungkook to play some games as Namjoon stole Jimin for a couple hours. It took a lot of coaxing but pretty soon Jungkok accepted the idea and sat on the couch with the young vampire.

 

Jungkook was about to speak when he noticed something. It was the faintest sound of something thumping and it intrigued him. Without warning, Jungkook pushed Taehyung down on the couch. He crawled over the older, nose coming down to sniff at Taehyung. No it couldn’t be. His nose pressed against Taehyung’s neck and twitched. What was it ? Moving down, Jungkook lifted Taehyung’s shirt up. He ignored the way the older yelped and moved his head underneath the shirt to get to Taehyung’s chest.

 

“J-Jungkook what are you doing ?” Taehyung’s voice caught in his throat as Jungkook accidentally grazed his nipple. Jungkook didn’t seem like he could hear him as he paused and pressed his ear to  Taehyung’s chest. There, very slightly almost not existent was a beat. Jungkook was absolutely bewildered. There’s no way a vampire could have a heart beat. No he had to make sure he was hearing this right. But how to increase the beating ? How to make it louder ? 

 

Jungkook nosed Taehyung’s nipple and the poor boy squeaked. The beating spiked but it was not enough to confirm. Leaning his head up slightly, Jungkook licked at Taehyung.

 

“Oh my god.” Taehyung gasped. Hands coming to clutch at the back of Jungkook’s head. Jungkook licked again, this time with more determination. He sucked a little and Taehyung gripped his hair like a vice. “Jungkookie please.” Taehyung said and Jungkook didn’t know what he was begging for. Didn’t actually care as he heard the beating louder. He could see the faintest flush crawl onto Taehyung’s chest and it amazed him. This vampire underneath him is alive. He had to see more. He sucked Taehyung’s nipple again, licking and swirling until Taehyung released soft moans. He switched to the other one, hands teasing the little nubs and that Taehyung’s hips shift. Jungkook glanced up at Taehyung through the small hole of his shirt, could see the tiniest bit of pink at his cheeks and eyes a bit wet. It was incredible to see a vampire look so alive. He wanted to see more. He sucked on Taehyung harder, hands moving down to stop his constant squirming and lock him in place. His only seemed to make Taehyung groan louder.

 

“Alpha ?” The soft voice of his omega broke Jungkook out of his thoughts. “Alpha what are you doing ?” Jungkook looked over and caught Jimin’s wide eyes. He flushed immediately as he took both of them in. “I’m sorry.” Jimin squeaked out before rushing in the direction he just came from.

 

Wrong. Something was wrong. The stench of worry and hurt trailed after the omega. Make it better. His alpha whispered at him. Right. Jungkook moved away, moving Taehyung’s shirt back in place. The older was breathing heavily, face pink and not looking at Jungkook at all.

 

“What the hell was that Jungkook ?” Taehyung asked though his voice was soft, shy even.

 

“You’re alive.” Jungkook said simply.

 

“Well of course I am you brat.” Taehyung said, cheeks getting redder. 

 

“You have a heartbeat. Vampires don’t have heartbeats.” Jungkook said simply.

 

“I’m not your average vamp.” Taehyung said with a sigh. “I think you should go after Jiminie. He seemed pretty upset.” Jungkook nodded, stand up. “And when you come back we can talk about how you don’t touch people like that.”

 

“Okay.” Jungkook said. A bit confused but his mind was focused on Jimin now. He followed after his scent.  Jimin was sitting in the frozen garden again. He noticed Jungkook and immediately looked away. Jungkook sniffed the air, the older smelled distressed. “Omega ?” Jungkook called, stepping forward. “Why’d you rush off ?”

 

“I’m sorry !” Jimin said. “I didn’t know you and Taehyung were so close.”

 

“We aren’t.” Jungkook said. 

 

“Then why...” Jimin cheeks heated up. What a beauty Jimin was, pale skin with rose petal cheeks surrounded by dead dahlias and tulips. Jungkook moved closer as Jimin turned to face away. “Why were you touching him ?”

 

“I...I don’t know. I heard the beating of a heart and my wolf grew so interested in the sound. A vampire can’t be alive, it’s impossible right ? I had to make sure I was hearing things right.” Jungkook said.

 

“So you don’t like Taehyung ?” Jimin asked.

 

“I don’t know what you mean. I don’t like any of them.” Jungkook said, now directly behind Jimin, who still hasn’t looked at him. “If you don’t like us being close I’ll never touch him again omega.” Jungkook dripped his nose down to press against Jimin’s exposed neck. “I’ll only touch you.”

 

“No it’s fine I just- you were licking him and scenting him. It caught me off guard.” Jimin said, easing a bit at Jungkook’s touch.

 

“I guess that’s pretty embarrassing to walk into.” Jungkook chuckled. “But I don’t like him. Not like you hyung.”

 

“That’s just our wolves talking.” Jimin said, letting out a slight sigh of relief maybe.

 

“Standing out here isn’t good for you. You’ll get cold.” Jungkook said. “You have no furs.”

 

“No. I guess you’re right.” Jimin finally turned around, blinking at their closeness.

 

“Can you answer a question for me hyung ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Sure.” Jimin said.

 

“How is it that a vampire can live and breathe like we do ?” Jungkook asked. “How can they have blood rushing through their thin veins and a faint beating heart ?”

 

“Well it’s simple Jungkookie. In order for a vampire to be alive, they must be born as one.”

 

 

Chapter 4: Chapter 4

Chapter Text

Jungkook’s first official day with Taehyung was a bit awkward. The older teen flushed every time Jungkook got a bit too close or sputtered when Jungkook wouldn’t break eye contact. Jungkook questioned him about it almost immediately after the second time it happened, when Jungkook was reaching for a book and brushed against Taehyung’s arm. They were in one of the study rooms, one that Taehyung seemed to visit frequently as his scent was all around. Taehyung wanted to spend their day having fun. So Taehyung was going to show him the importance of magic because magic was always fun. But as he dropped his third book from just being in Jungkook’s space, the wolf knew something was up.

 

“Are you nervous vampire ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“O-of course not I just...last time I was around you, you kind of jumped me so I’m being cautious.” Taehyung said, clearly nervous.

 

“Ah about that. I didn’t mean for that to happen. I guess sometimes my wolf gets the best of me.” Jungkook said awkwardly. 

 

“Yeah I guess we should talk about that. Well for starters, never lick anyone without their consent because that’s just asking for trouble.” Taehyung said. Jungkook nodded. “But why did you...touch me ?”

 

“Your heart is alive, yet slow and faint, I could hear it’s beating.” Jungkook said. “Why though, why are you alive ? Aren’t vampires dead ?”

 

“Ah I guess it’s time for your dear hyung to give you a history lesson on vampires. To answer your question vampires aren’t dead, we are the undead. Having died yet came back as much better beings. There are many ways to become a vampire. The bite, much like a wolf bite though you have to bite the vampire back. Then there is blood exchange, putting vampire blood into a human to transform them. In my case, I am one of the rare cases. I was born a vampire.” Taehyung said.

 

“So your parents gave birth to a vampire ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“No silly, my parents are vampires.” Taehyung giggled, silver eyes rolling playfully. 

 

“But how can two vampires have a child. You have no blood, no functioning cells to reproduce.” Jungkook said.

 

“That’s normal vampires, those who were once alive and have died. My parents were born vampires as well. It’s what we call pureblood. Only purebloods can give birth to vampires and continue on the line. We come out similar to you, beating hearts, blood in our bodies, breathing. But as we age, we start to lose those human qualities and become more immortal. Then you reach your peak and all growth stops for you, but your heart never dies and therefore it never really stops pumping.” Taehyung said.

 

“Purebloods ? I never heard of this.” Jungkook said.

 

“Purebloods are the original vampires. There’s so few in the world now but when our race started out, they dominated of course. Every vampire can trace themselves back to a pureblood family. Mine just so happens to still be alive and functioning.” Taehyung said.

 

“Where are your parents then ?” Jungkook asked, then paused. “How old are you ?”

 

“My parents are in Daegu. I’m seventeen like Jiminnie. Actually seventeen not like stuck at seventeen forever seventeen.” Taehyung said.

 

“And your parents let you live here away from them ? Why ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Jin-hyung is my older brother. Kind of like great great great older brother since he’s old enough to remember the Joseon era but my older brother none the less. My parents said I could move here with him when I started high school. It didn’t take much convincing because Namjoon-hyung is pureblood too. Purebloods love other purebloods. We are like our own community.” Taehyung explained.

 

“Is that why you have so much money ? You’ve been alive since the beginning of time.” Jungkook said.

 

“Hey not me. I’m still a youth here.” Taehyung pouted. “But money is nothing when you can’t die. Of course it will pile up.” Taehyung said.

 

“If your brother is that old, when did he stop aging ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Usually purebloods stop aging between 21-25. But I’ve known some to age even further. I don’t know what it depends on but hyung said it’s our magical connection. A strong magical core will allow your peak to hit early so you can live in its prime. A weak core takes more time to develop.” Taehyung said.

 

“How do vampires even have magic ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Hey hey hey you’re asking too many boring questions. I’m supposed to be showing you the fun stuff. Such as this.” Taehyung said, picking up a thick brown book.

 

“What’s this ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“These are spells.” Taehyung said.

 

“So what are you guys witches now ?” Jungkook asked making Taehyung snort.

 

“Heavens no. But we have magic just like them. It wouldn’t be a surprise that vampires have different ways of manifesting it. Like when I heard you, that’s a spell.” Taehyung said.

 

“If I learn then spell can I do magic ?” Jungkook asked, watching Taehyung flip through the book.

 

“It’s not that easy. Werewolves don’t have magical cores. So, you can’t conjure up anything. Vampires, witches, demons etc, we all do.” Taehyung said.

 

“That doesn’t seem fair.” Jungkook frowned.

 

“I mean you guys get to turn into wolves so I think it’s pretty balanced.” Taehyung said.

 

“Can’t vampires turn into bats ?”

 

“Oh god. What Dracula bullshit have they been feeding you kids these days. No, we can’t. Even though there’s probably a spell for that, we don’t naturally turn into bats like you guys turn into wolves.” Taehyung said.

 

“Shame.” Jungkook said. “So teach me a spell vampire witch.”

 

“I won’t teach you anything and I’m not a witch.” Taehyung hissed. “Each vampire has a personalized magical core. We all have our own individual powers that others can’t replicate and then there’s the basics. For instance, my family has a long line of healers. My specialty is to be able to undo things. Say if you tear a hamstring or even get a simple paper cut, I can undo all of that.”

 

“That’s amazing.” Jungkook said honestly making Taehyung smile at him.

 

“Yeah but I still have a long way to go. Which is why I couldn’t fully undo all your injuries. Sorry by the way.” Taehyung said.

 

“It’s fine. Wolves heal quick.” Jungkook said. “But you heal, and your hyung can heal too. What do the rest do ?”

 

“It’s best if they tell you. Not me. Besides this is our one on one. Now let me show you some spells.” Taehyung said. He flipped through the book. “Oh this is a good one.” And then he turned to Jungkook. “Silence.” 

 

“Hmm ?” Jungkook tried to open his mouth but couldn’t. “Mhmm mmm !”

 

“This one is Yoongi-hyung’s favorite when he’s trying to rest. But the spell doesn’t last long.” Taehyung said, waving his hand and Jungkook gasped.

 

“I don’t like that one.” Jungkook frowned. “Find better ones.”

 

“Pushy. How’s this. Up.” Taehyung said and Jungkook began floating.

 

“W-why are you testing them on me !” Jungkook said, a bit nervous as he headed towards the ceiling against his will. Not that the ceiling was high, the cozy study wasn’t built to reach the heavens but it did put Jungkook a good distance above the ground.

 

“Because it’s fun. These are basic vampire spells that every vampire knows. But you don’t know any seeing as how you’re not a vampire so I have to try them out on you. For the experience.” Taehyung said, standing up to meet Jungkook’s horizontal hovering body.

 

“Put me down.” Jungkook said.

 

“Manners kiddo, what do we say ?” Taehyung asked with a grin.

 

“Now ?” 

 

“Higher you said ?” Taehyung raised his hand.

 

“I meant please ! Please put me down.” Jungkook rushed out.

 

“See that wasn’t so bad.” Taehyung said, letting Jungkook back down, gently because his ankle was still healing.

 

“You’re crazy.” Jungkook said. “But I like it. Show me more.”

 

“I thought you’d never ask. There’s this one spell that makes us grow or shrink and once I shrunk Jimin so that he was small enough that we all could rest our heads on top of his head. I didn’t remove it for a week.” Taehyung grinned. Jungkook’s eyes grew a dark tint to them.

 

“You mean to tell me you terrorize the others ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“As much as I can.” Taehyung said proudly.

 

“I think you may be the first tolerable leech there is yet.” Jungkook said.

 

“Oh we have so much to work on Jungkook. But call me a leech again and you won’t be able to smell for a month.” Taehyung threatened. Jungkook yelped softly, no smelling would mean not scenting. And no scenting would make him unable to smell omega. He enjoyed omegas calming scent.

 

“So terrorizing ?” Jungkook switched the conversation. Taehyung smiled and reached behind him. 

 

“That’s an entirely different book.”

 

“Who’s the author ?”

 

“Me.”

 


 

“I think we’ve made a mistake. Why’d they grow so close so fast ?” Hoseok said as he watched Jungkook and Taehyung laugh when Jimin kept trying to reach for plate in the upper cabinet and they kept shrinking the cabinet slightly to push it up higher. Jimin was clueless as to what was happening and kept stretching, trying to reach it, all but on this tippy toes.

 

“I think they just formed an evil duo. It’s great to see Jungkook laughing, even if it’s at others pain.” Seokjin said.

 

“Yeah well who is next on the one on one with the baby wolf ?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Nose goes.” Seokjin shouted and they all moved saved for Hoseok.

 

“Aww man you all cheated. You know I never react well under stress.” Hoseok pouted.

 

“It’s fine, you’ll be fine. Teach him the opposite of Taehyung though.” Seokjin said, patting his back. They were in for some stressful weeks.

 


 

Hoseok managed to snatch Jungkook away from Taehyung eventually. Everyone else was busy today, Taehyung at school, Namjoon and Jimin doing research while Seokjin and Yoongi went to town. Hoseok found the wolf sitting by the fireplace. They never really lit it unless Jimin was around and they had to compress the smoke as to not detect others towards their mansion. But since there was another wolf here, they lit it up more frequently. Jimin had told Hoseok in the passing that wolves love warmth. They love playing in the sun and sitting by the fires. It made sense for Jungkook to naturally be drawn to it. Hoseok hasn’t felt warmth or even cold in a long time so he watched silently as Jungkook played with the fire, blowing at it gently and holding his hands out.

 

“Having fun ?” Hoseok asked, moving to sit on the couch. Jungkook glanced at him and gave a small shrug. “Maybe bored then ? Guess you’re probably bored since Jiminnie and Taehyungie are busy. How about spending the day with me ?” Hoseok suggested.

 

“Okay.” Jungkook said. Hoseok smiled before tilting his head. Jungkook was a child, what do children like to do ? Games were obvious but Jungkook seemed a bit content on laying by the fire.

 

“How about I tell you a story ?” Hoseok offered.

 

“If it’s about vampires then Taehyung-hyung already told me a lot.” Jungkook said. Hoseok tried not to laugh because anyone who had to call Taehyung hyung has to be so young. Even Jimin didn’t call Taehyung hyung.

 

“Well then why don’t you tell me something about wolves ?” Hoseok said. “I was being honest when I said I wanted to know more.”

 

“What do you want to know ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Tell me anything you’d think is important about wolves that vampires should be aware of.” Hoseok said after some thought. Jungkook looked at him, thinking for a moment before turning back towards the fire.

 

“Wolves have three dynamics. The alpha, the beta and the omega. We are all born that way, no one gets a choice on what they want to be but you can kind of guess what someone will be due to genetics. Jimin-hyung said it’s like your magic.” Jungkook said. 

 

“Yeah. Certain types of magic will run in families if you’re pure blood. But if you got the bite, then you get whatever the moon graces you with.” Hoseok said.

 

“Were you bit ?” Jungkook asked. Hoseok nodded and rolled up his sleeve. There on his wrist were two indentations of teeth marks. They contrasted over his already perfect skin, never to heal.

 

“Namjoonie did this about...four centuries ago ? Such a long time ago but that story is for another day. You can continue.” Hoseok said gently.

 

“My father was an alpha, and so is my older brother so everyone expected me to be one. Being an aloha comes with a lot of responsibilities. You will one day be the guards of your pack, you will have to go to meetings and deal with protecting and guiding those in your pack. But you don’t do any of that until you reach full maturity.” Jungkook said.

 

“What’s full maturity ?” Hoseok asked.

 

“It’s uh...” Jungkook’s cheeks grew a bit pink causing Hoseok to watch him closely. There was blood rushing across the wolves face, a sight rare for Hoseok to see. “It’s when alphas and omegas get their ruts and heats.”

 

“What’s that ? Why don’t betas get them ?” Hoseok asked.

 

“Betas have different purposes the moon has given them. They are our second in command. They are supposed to be our mediators, our unbiased pack-men who help the pack keep a clear heads. I don’t know why alphas and omegas go through this. But it changes everything once we hit maturity. Right now I can smell Jimin-hyung and he screams omega, sweet and comforting enough to make an entire pack bend to his will. He can smell me too, smell the alpha and protection in me. But when heat and rut comes, it’s like our wolves can finally communicate fully. They take over everything about us. They become our beings and call for one another.” Jungkook said.

 

“I’m positive Jiminnie has never gone through heat before.” Hoseok said.

 

“You would know. His scent will change, become something so enticing you can’t help but get closer. Then he will get touchy, needy too. Like he wants something but none of you can give it to him. And when heat fully hits it will be like interacting with a wild wolf. He will get territorial, similar to alphas. He will nest harder and his mind will become more hazy and he will have to do things until he gets what he wants.” Jungkook explained.

 

“What does he want ?” Hoseok asked. 

 

“An alpha.” Was all Jungkook said. “Do you want to know why omegas are so sacred to us ?”

 

“Sure.” Hoseok said.

 

“Omegas are rare. There has never been a family full of omegas no matter how much wolves have tried to create. Omegas are one to five thousand. I’m lucky to have two in my pack. Or well, did.  To have an omega is like the moon herself blessing you. She is gracing you with the next caretaker. The most precious thing about omegas is not that fact that they have strong comforting abilities, powerful protection and familial tendencies but, the fact that they can all birth a child.” Jungkook said.

 

“What ?! You’re saying- you’re saying Jiminnie can get pregnant ?” Hoseok asked shocked.

 

“Yes. All omegas can regardless of gender. So we tend to get protective of them. Omegas are gentle wolves, they care for a lot more than they should, getting close to those they should watch out for and in some cases get taken advantage of. That’s one of the worst crimes a wolf can do to an omega. Take advantage of them. They are the ones to bless us with new life, the ones who raised us to be this powerful and wise, why would you ever turn against the hand that fed you. As the only alpha here, I have to watch out for Jimin-hyung. You vampires know nothing. Something could harm him in his food or drinks. There could be bad guys watching him, wanting to take him. If you are not pack, you do not get close to an outside omega.”  Jungkook said.

 

“So you view Jimin as pack, I guess that make sense. When you lose one, it’s better to find another to fill in the loss.” Hoseok was talking more to himself but Jungkook heard him and tensed up slightly. Oh he was making this awkward again. “Well uh, how do you know if an omega can have a child ?”

 

“You just check.” Jungkook said. 

 

“Check how ?” Hoseok asked.

 

“I’ll show you. Omega come here.” Jungkook said in a low tone and almost humming like.

 

“How is Jimin supposed to hear you if you’re whispering?” Hoseok almost giggled. Jungkook looked at him like he’d asked him something stupid. Jimin came bustling in the room, moments later, a small smile on his face.

 

“You called Jungkookie ?” Jimin asked.

 

“How did you hear him ? The lab is like three floors away on the west wing ?” Hoseok asked incredulously.

 

“Hyung, I thought your hearing was pretty good too. Wolves have different calls that we pick up on. Like birds singing or bears growling. It’s low but noticeable to a wolves ear. Joonie-hyung thought I found something from the way I jerked up.” Jimin explained. He turned back to Jungkook. “Why’d you call me pup ?” Jungkook did answer, simply sitting on his knees in front of the standing Jimin.

 

“He wanted to know how we can tell omegas are pregnant. I wanted to show him.” Jungkook explained, Jimin immediately flush. “Can I ?”

 

“If it’s for learning purposes, sure.” Jimin said, patting Jungkook’s dark locks. Jungkook hummed in response, eyes moving down to where they met Jimin’s stomach. He lifted the soft cotton of Jimin’s black pullover exposing his taunt stomach. Jungkook leaned in, nose pressing just a hair away from Jimin and taking in his scent. But he was doing more than that, he was searching and checking, trying to see if there was new life formulating in the precious omega. But as expected, he found nothing.

 

“Nothing.” Jungkook said, moving back slightly to look up at Jimin.

 

“Of course nothing.” Jimin’s cheeks were pink again but he just rubbed Jungkook’s hair. “There’s no heat and no alpha to mate with.” 

 

“I’m here.” Jungkook’s voice low, nose subconsciously dipping into Jimin’s pelvis.

 

“That you are.” Jimin said, voice thoughtful. “But you’re pack.” And with that said, Jimin stepped back, shirt falling down gentle hips. “Guess I’ll go back to Joonie-hyung then. Enjoy your day ? Treat him well hyung.” 

 

They watched Jimin wall off in silence.

 

“So did he like...just pack zone you ?” Hoseok asked after a moment. Jungkook didn’t spare him a glance for the remainder of the day.

 


 

Jungkook was found by Seokjin the next day in the garden. He was curious as to why Jimin loves coming here so much when everything was just dead. Flowers and leaves nothing but scrunched up 

and wilted things. Ghosts of what they could have been but the cold winter sucking the color from them. Jungkook placed his crutches down as he looked at a wilted rose, even the thorns were brittle and broken.

 

“Do you like flowers Jungkook ?” Seokjin asked, gentle steps stopping as he stood near to Jungkook.

 

“Not really.” Jungkook answered honestly. “Jimin-hyung does.”

 

“Jiminnie loves nature. I guess that’s the wolf in him.” Seokjin smiled.

 

“I guess.” Jungkook said.

 

“What about your wolf ? Does it like nature too ?” Seokjin asked.

 

“I like the forest. And animals.” Jungkook responses were simple. They kind of made Seokjin want to ask more, just to hear his voice a bit more.

 

“Want to hear why Jimin likes this garden so much ?” Seokjin asked. Jungkook nodded.

 

“Well, when we first found Jimin, he was a small, frightened thing. No clan, no family, just a boy scampering in the streets of Busan.” Seokjin said. “It took a bit of convincing and a lot of planning but eventually, Jimin came to live with us. There were rules immediately set for him too back then. Being a hybrid, he would never be able to fit in with the world. So our first big decision was to hide him from it. We locked him away in this big house, not realizing how much of a mistake it is to keep a wolf trapped. He wouldn’t stay still for long, always running around, always watching outside. He would peak out the doors and windows, watching us chop wood or set up traps. He’s the same age as Taehyung so I thought it would be easy for them to grow close. But there was always this distance because Taehyung was allowed out and he was not.”

 

“Distance ?” Jungkook questioned.

 

“Yes. Taehyung has school and can go out into town. He is a pure blood would always be accepted by society. Jimin is completely different. It’s too risky for him to be among vampires. So he learns from Namjoon and I. He cannot go out so they would have to play indoors. Taehyung experiences things Jimin could only dream of, so these differences kept them at arms length. Eventually we begin to see loneliness seeped into Jimin. The boy was trapped in these walls every day alone for the most part. Namjoon and I talked and argued, eventually I thought, why not give him something that gives him what we want and what he wants as well.”

 

“An indoor garden.” Jungkook whispered.

 

“Exactly. He can get outside air, can see the snow, the rain, the sun. Can feel the warmth, the heat and the chill. But he can also be surrounded by nature, even if a small bit of it. It helps us because he’s not spotted outside. You can’t see anything from the outside but you can see everything from the inside. It helps me too because as a healer, plants are a must. So I let Jimin tend to the garden whenever he wanted. He loves it in here because I charmed it to never lose life as long as Jimin was happy.” Seokjin explained.

 

“Then why-“

 

“Is it dead ?” Seokjin interrupted. “Eventually not even this glass garden could keep Jimin content. He missed the wind, missed birds, foxes, rabbits, missed trees and the sun. But most importantly he missed the moon. The first time Jimin shifted into a wolf, I think we all almost died again. He was arguing with Taehyung, the two having said something about friendship and school, it was a childish argument. But I remember clearly how Taehyung said to Jimin that he will never know what having friends is like because he will spend eternity in this house. I never seen Jimin so quiet. I was about to scold Taehyung but then we heard a crack. We watched slowly and painfully the first full moon to transform Jimin. He cried and screamed and shook and we could do nothing. Eventually his wolf took over and it was like he didn’t know us. He ran around destroying everything but most importantly the garden. He tore at the very things he spent months caring for. With each bite, scratch and claw, the garden wilted.” Seokjin smiles bitterly. 

 

“Then what ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“I found him the next morning, naked and surrounded by the mess he created. I carried him to his room and he cried in his sleep. I never seen him so sad. Ever since that day, the garden was not the same. Jimin tried a couple times, to bring it back, to express some happiness, to care for each plant like they were his own children but nothing. I guess magic knows you more than you know yourself. You cannot fake it when it comes to magic.” Seokjin said.

 

“I thought they were dead due to winter. I didn’t know this garden was enchanted to Jimin-hyung’s emotions.” Jungkook said, looking at the rose a bit sympathetic.

 

“He doesn’t like to talk about it. This house has some dark tales to it itself, not just the garden.” Seokjin said. “I suppose you’ll get bored of me talking about it.”

 

“No. Continue.” Jungkook said.

 

“Let’s sit. You shouldn’t be on your ankle like that.” Seokjin said and they moved to a bench. “This house was build by my grandparents. They gave it to my parents when they had me but my family didn’t want to be hidden away in the forest so they raised Taehyung and I in the city. But when I grew older, I met Namjoon, and we grew closer, creating our own clan and we needed somewhere to stay. So my parents gave me this place. Eventually Taehyung came to live with us but that wasn’t until much much later. In the beginning, it was just Namjoon and I. And then he turned Hoseok.” 

 

“By accident ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Yeah. By accident.” Seokjin sighed. “That was centuries ago. Namjoon being young and dumb, he thought we’d be fine, animals have blood, we could find jobs to get us blood. Everything would work out if we just tried. But we reached a drought one year, though rich we are, blood is a tricky thing to come across and I didn’t want to bother my family. They were busy with important things like the uh start of the war and people were getting antsy. Korea was becoming poor. Vampires were growing hungry. Hoseok was a young man, about nineteen I think, he was a wealthy boy, just accepted into a school for scholars and was going to celebrate it with friends. He didn’t know about vampires then, stumbling through Seoul drunk and defenseless. Namjoon just came back from a long day of work, tired and hungry. You could probably guess what happened next.”

 

“He killed him.” Jungkook said simply making Seokjin flinch, looking down sadly. 

 

“Yeah. Yeah he did. This was the first time Namjoon had bit someone and the last. He couldn’t help it. Never having blood so fresh, he sucked Hoseok dry. He came too immediately, freaking out because there he was, doing what every vampire never wanted to do, be consumed by their thirst and go into a frenzy. So he picked Hoseok up and ran all the way here. I knew something was wrong when he came to me, clothes splattered in blood. We laid Hoseok down, I stopped the bleeding but it was too late. Namjoon looked at me and he didn’t want to be a killer, never wanted to kill someone. So we did the only thing we could. Namjoon turned him and Hoseok woke up the next morning. He was scared and frightened and wasn’t willing to accept the life we forced him in but he had to. And this was our first clans member.”

 

“He didn’t want to be a vampire ?” Jungkook asked confused.

 

“No human really does no matter how much they romanticize us. Not unless you have no choice. Not unless you’re born this way.” Seokjin said.

 

“So you don’t want to be on either ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“No don’t get me wrong. I love my race. But sometimes, I think we could go around doing things a bit differently.” Seokjin said.

 

“That’s saying it nicely.” Jungkook scoffed.

 

“Yeah I know we’ve been messing up. But, we have a plan. Focus on healing now.” Seokjin said. Silence met them again. “Do you like sweets ?”

 

“Yeah.” Jungkook said. “But they’re rare in packs. Since we have no way of getting them.”

 

“How about I make you a cake ? You could share it with Jiminnie.” Seokjin said, standing up. “Want to help me ?”

 

“I never made a cake before.” Jungkook said honestly.

 

“That’s okay. I’m an excellent cook.” Seokjin said.

 

“How are you so good at this. I thought vampires only drink blood ?” Jungkook asked, standing up too.

 

“There’s a lot to pure bloods you still have yet to learn. But just know, we are alive too. Before blood, there was always food.” 

 


 

Jungkook woke up with Jimin gone the next day. He reached out beside him but the omega was gone. Eyes snapping open, he opened them to see Yoongi sitting in the big chair.

 

“Where is he ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“He has training today. So you’ll be with me.” Yoongi said simply. Jungkook just growled. 

 

“Don’t look at me like that mutt. We promised Jimin we’d try. So try.” Yoongi stood up. “We’ll be chopping wood today.”

 

“We ?” Jungkook blinked.

 

“You’re right. Just you. But I’ll be watching. It’s to calm down that temper of yours.” Yoongi said. “Now get dressed.”

 

“You’re one to talk.” Jungkook grumbled. 

 

Chopping wood was done in the shed. Jungkook let Seokjin wrap him up in a thick winter jacket and scarf. Something about knowing how cold humans get. Jungkook wasn’t complaining. Yoongi demonstrated once how to chop the wood before handing Jungkook the ax. Jungkook got it right on the first swing.

 

“See you’re a natural.” Yoongi said, moving to stack more wood onto the wheelbarrow. It was silent for a while, Jungkook letting out soft puffs of air with every swing while Yoongi collected the broken pieces. Jungkook reached down to grab a chunk as well, hand brushing Yoongi’s making the older vampire recoil with a hiss.

 

“Why do you do that ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Do what ?” Yoongi didn’t look at him.

 

“Treat me like you’re disgusted by me.” Jungkook said. “I’ve never done anything to you.”

 

“You don’t understand mutt.” Yoongi said.

 

“Then makes me.” Jungkook said. Silence. “You said we’d try. For Jimin. So let’s try.” That for a crack out of Yoongi as he sighed.

 

“Keep chopping while I tell you a story known as the start of the Rouge war.” Yoongi said. “Before the split of wolves and vampires, before the first rouge wolf, before all of this, creatures of the moon lived in peace. This was right after we were introduced into human society. Someone spotted a wolf shifting, another watching a vampire suck someone dry. It was the start of shit hitting the fan. I lived with my family. My older brother, my parents and I were just humans at the time. We were poor and barely getting by as settlers in southern Daegu. To keep the story short, I got changed one night coming from my grandparents house. I brought them fresh vegetables and fruits for the welcoming spring and on my way back, a female vampire attacked me. She almost killed me too if a wolf didn’t rush into her and rip her off of me. My body was dying and fighting the venom she seeped into my vines. I watched with fading eyes the wolf kill the vampire easily before falling unconscious.” 

 

Jungkook set another piece of wood down but chopped slowly, listening to Yoongi carefully.

 

“When I woke up, I was in a cabin not too far from my house but deep into the woods. The wolf who saved me that night cleaned my wounds and put me in bed. She said I had been asleep for a day, my heart stopped beating two hours before and she thought I was dead for good. Being a recently changed vampire is one of the worst feelings. Your senses are dialed up to a maximum, you can see hear and smell so much it gets sickening. But the worst thing of all his the thirst. This wolf who saved me was filled with the very thing I craved, heart beating and blood rushing. But she taught me how to get better. I was curious as to how a wolf knew so much about vampires. She said that if you live as long as she has, you pick up on a few things. Too bad you’re just a brat huh ?” Yoongi said.

 

“Sure.” Jungkook scoffed.

 

“I couldn’t go back to my family. Not for a while. Not until I learned how to control myself, so she brought me to her pack. She says wolves can handle vampires much better than humans ever could, so even if I got a little blood thirsty, they would be able to defend themselves.” Yoongi snorted. “If only that was true.”

 

“What’s this got to do with rouge wolves ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“I was getting there. Anyways, skip a few months, I was introduced to the world ruled by the moon. I got to see how vampires, wolves and other night creatures interacted and where I found find my place. For a while, things were good. It wasn’t until one night, the moon turned red and everything took for the worst. I was going to see my family, finally gained the strength to be around humans and not feel the need to feed on them instantly. But as I got home, the candle lights were dim and the house silent. I called my parents first, then my brother but got no response. When I opened my door, I smelled it. Blood was everywhere. Scattered on the walls, the floors and dripping down into puddles. It was awful because the blood smelled so strongly of my family that I felt sick. And then I saw here. Dark as midnight she was but her eyes glowing red in the dim moonlight. Her teeth were dripping out blood and her sharp claws were staining the floorboards red.”

 

“The wolf who saved you murdered your family.” Jungkook said.

 

“Not murdered. She slaughtered. She killed without remorse and ate their flesh without gilt. She became a monster. And she was the first to do so. I chased after her, trying to see if I could get her to shift back and explain herself but she led me deep into town on a killing spree. She went rouge and many in her pack followed her frenzy. I didn’t know why those who spent months caring for me, helping me, teaching me, were losing their minds.” Yoongi’s voice grew tight. “So I tried to stop her. But it was as if she didn’t want to stop. She craved the hunt that possessed her, possessed her whole pack. Being out numbered I ran, I had other family but I was scared to drag my problems with me, to them. That was the first rouge wolf ever, and after her, many of your kind became savage killing beast. I’m not disgusted by you Jungkook, I’m nervous that one day, the moon will cause you too to do something dangerous. And I’m nervous that this time again, I’ll be helpless.”

 

Jungkook was silent for a moment. Yoongi knew the first rogue ? It was almost as if she was a myth. As if she was something the vampires created so they could have a valid reason to start killing wolves. But to hear such a personal story like that, it was frightening.

 

“What was her name ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“It’s better that I don’t remember it. And that you never learn it. Because the dead don’t like to stay dead around here Jungkook.” Yoongi stood up with a grunt, grabbing the fully loaded wheelbarrow. “They don't stay dead at all.”

 

 

Chapter 5: Chapter 5

Chapter Text

Jungkook’s ankle healed up nicely that within the next few days, Seokjin said he did not need the crutches anymore. Jungkook was elated to not being held back by the two wooden sticks. Namjoon came up to him at breakfast. 

 

“Come with me. I think I found something important about this northern pack.” Jungkook never stuffed food down faster. They made it to Namjoon’s research room, books and papers were scattered everywhere. Maps that were designed by Hoseok were lined against the wall and a lot of locations were crossed out with X’s.

 

“What did you find ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Well, this wasn’t an easy find. I don’t even know how credible the source that given me this information is. But I may have a location for you of the northern pack.” Namjoon said. Jungkook’s eyes widen.

 

“Really ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“It’s not exact but it’s within the vacantly of the north eastern area. It seems to be a hot sport for rouge wolf hunting due to the amount of wolves looking for the protection of the northern pack. It won’t be easy to get you there.” Namjoon said.

 

“But I can get there.” Jungkook said. That’s all he needed to know.

 

“You need to heal. And then we need to figure out a plan on how to sneak you through. As vampires, we will be safe but you’re a wolf. They will try to harm you and question us. The only thing I can bank on is Seokjin-hyung and I's pureblood status. There aren’t too many purebloods left so we have a sort of hierarchy. If we can use this against them, we can get you through.” Namjoon said.

 

“I don’t... I don’t know what to say.” Jungkook said.

 

“Express what you feel kid. You seem to be a bit off with human emotions. I’ve noticed the way you interact with Taehyung and Jimin. You tend to go more wolf than human. Care you explain why ?” Namjoon asked. Jungkook shifted a bit uncomfortably.

 

“Before...when I was with a few other wolves, we lived in the forests. It was much easier to be a wolf than human in situations like this. We are faster like that, stronger too and our senses are increased. If there was any ambush to happen, we would rather be in our wolf form than human to fight. I was in that from for almost a year. It’s unnatural for a wolf to deny themselves their human side. I guess I uh, tend to forget what it’s like to be human sometimes.” Jungkook said.

 

“We can fix that. Portraying as humans is something vampires have done for eons. Wolves too. You’re just a bit out of touch. We don’t want your new pack to think you’re feral do we ?” Namjoon said, Jungkook shook his head. “I’ll start teaching you then. We are all meant to get along and work on our faults. For Jimin’s sake we must bring his two worlds together. He is the bridge between both of us, wolf and vampire he connects the two. To have us separated like this must hurt him.” Namjoon sighed, glancing at the maps.

 

“Omega is too pure. He shouldn’t ever feel pain.” Jungkook agreed.

 

“Another thing, you refer to Jiminnie by omega but we need to work on titles. If wolves are to ever come back in human society you need to remember titles. We are your hyung, you are our dongsaeng. Humans use names. Maybe try to differentiate Jimin and his omega.” Namjoon offered.

 

“Differentiate ? But Jimin is omega. And omega is Jimin.” Jungkook cocked his head.

 

“Let’s think about it this way. When you are talking to Taehyung for example, what do you call him ?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Leech.” Jungkook said.

 

“Okay something less insulting.” Namjoon chuckled.

 

“Taehyung is a leech so he gets leech. Jimin is an omega so he gets omega. I call you what you are.” Jungkook said.

 

“But you wouldn’t want us calling you mutt would you ?” Namjoon offered.

 

“...no.” Jungkook frowned.

 

“So think about how you want to be treated when you talk to others. Respect them and they will respect you. Taehyung isn’t leech, he is your hyung. I am your hyung, Jimin is your hyung.” Namjoon said.

 

“But omega is omega. Just like I’m alpha. It’s not an insult. It’s respect.” Jungkook was so confused. He would never insult Jimin, a gem among a sea of coal. 

 

“I know. I understand. But I’m trying to get you to understand the human mindset. Normal human mindset. If you were to ever be seen in public and spot another wolf, do not call them by what they are.” Namjoon said.

 

“But wolves greet wolves. Always.” Jungkook said.

 

“Not among humans. You just keep walking. Do not attract attention to yourself. Or to the other wolves because you can put them into danger. You don’t want any more wolves to be hurt right ?”

 

“No.” Jungkook said.

 

“Then let’s learn to readjust okay ?” Namjoon said, Jungkook just nodded. “Good boy.” Namjoon sighed. “The northern pack isn’t close, a bit too eastward from Seoul. It would take us a few hours to get there especially having to go through back ways but once a plan is set. We will get you there.”

 

“How long will this plan take ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“If everything goes well, a week maximum.” Namjoon said. 

 

“And if things go bad ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Then spend the last of your time with Jimin wisely. Because when it comes down to it, my clan would chose him over you any day.” Namjoon said. Jungkook stared at the circled area on the map. Him versus Jimin huh ? He would pick Jimin too.

 


 

Jimin was hiding. His small body stuffed inside the space between the wall and the couch. He tried to steady his breathing and ease the harsh beating of his heart. He was nervous, trying not to get caught as he hid. Foot steps grew closer and Jimin dug himself deeper into the couch.

 

“Where are you little wolf.” The voice echoed through the quiet house. “You think you can hide from me. I can smell you from miles away.” The footsteps grew closer and Jimin closed his eyes. “You’re afraid little wolf ? I’ll give you three seconds to run. One.” Jimin felt his heart shutter. “Two.” The footsteps grew closer, louder. Jimin squeezed his eyes tighter as they stopped. Was the person in front of him, behind him. “Three.” Was whispered into Jimin’s ear and he all but jumped out. 

 

“Mom !” Jimin screamed as the woman laughed heavily. 

 

“Oh you should have seen your face Jiminnie. I should have caught that on film.” She chuckled and Jimin frowned at her. “Hey don’t give me that look, I told you when we play hunting, you’re supposed to hide everything, steady your heartbeat, ease your breathing, cover your scent. Can you guess which one you did wrong ?”

 

“The heartbeat ?” Jimin blinked.

 

“Correct. You’re supposed to be a vampire Jiminnie. Vampires don’t have beating hearts.” His mother said.

 

“Everyday you make my heart beat honey.” Jimin’s dad said from the front door.

 

“Daddy !” Jimin rushed out of the corner and into the older vampires arms.

 

“Hi sweetie. I see you're having fun with mommy.” Jimin’s said said scooping him up and pecking his cheeks.

 

“Sometimes. Can I tell you a secret daddy ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Sure kiddo.” Jimin’s dad leaned in.

 

“Mommy’s a meanie.” Jimin whispered childishly loud and his mother all but huffed as his dad gave a hearty laugh.

 

“Wow this entire family is against me. See if you two eat dinner tonight.” Jimin’s mother said.

 

“That’s okay mommy. I can cook.” Jimin said.

 

“Minnie you’re six. No cooking till you’re at least eight.” Jimin’s mother said making Jimin pout.

 

“Don’t worry Jiminnie. When she’s working, we can drink all the blood we want.” Jimin’s father whispered making him giggle.

 

“Park Jihwan.” Jimin’s mother said with a strong look. “Pups his age need nutrients. From food. Not just blood.”

 

“Park Hyesu, I know this. I’m just teasing you love. So is little Minnie here, aren’t we Minnie ?” Jimin’s father said.

 

“Of course. We love you mommy.” Jimin said so sweetly that his mother couldn’t help but smile.

 

“I love you too baby. My precious pup. Come here.” Jimin was sifted into her arms and buried his face into her neck. “Are you trying to scent mommy pup ?”

 

“Mhmm.” Jimin nodded.

 

“What does mommy smell like baby ?” Jimin’s mother asked. Jimin took a sniff. Odd he couldn’t really smell anything. Moving closer he took in a deeper breath. The scent came strong, burning his nose, making him flinch back. 

 

“Mommy ?” 

 

“Jiminnie. My sweet Jiminnie.” Jimin’s mother was rocking him back and forth in her hold. It was suddenly night time and the house a lot colder.

 

“Mommy what’s going on. I smell burning.” Jimin said. “You smell differently.”

 

“Hush baby. You’ll wake up daddy.” Jimin’s mother said. “Let’s go put on your shoes.”

 

“Why ? Where are we going ?” Jimin didn’t get answer to that as a howl was heard from a distance. Jimin’s eats twitched, it was a signaling call. Someone was calling them to come towards them. “Who is that mommy ? I don’t know that howl.” Jimin whispered.

 

“Silly puppy. It’s not a wolf. It’s the moon.” Jimin’s mother said. Jimin cocked his head as his mother shoved his hat on him before they were out the door. His mother used her wolf speed, pushing them deeper from their small town into the rocky cliffs of Busan towards the lake. The cliff side was something Jimin wasn’t allowed to go to alone but his father occasionally took him here to go hiking. The moon was big that night, not partially yellow and not particularly blue either. Something oddly in between.

 

“Do you hear that Minnie ? The howl of the moon ?”  His mother asked, walking towards the edge of the cliff side. Jimin clung to her tightly, hearing the waves crash but couldn’t see their end. It was a long drop if they were to fall. Jimin wouldn’t like to fall but since his mom was here he would be alright.

 

“The howling stopped mommy.” Jimin said.

 

“Did she ? I think she’s telling me something.” Jimin’s mother said.

 

“What ?” 

 

“She said she misses you Jiminnie. A rare omega is the moon's most favorite child. Go back to her. Become one with her.” Jimin’s mother said.

 

“The moon called me ?” Jimin couldn’t hear it. “How can I meet her ?”

 

“Simple. You just jump.” Jimin’s mother said.

 

“To the moon ?” Jimin didn’t think he would be able to reach it. It looked so far away.

 

“Jump little wolf, you can do it. Here mommy will throw you.” She said.

 

“What ?” Jimin blinked. “No mommy I don’t want to go to the moon. Don’t throw me.”

 

“Jimin no fussing.”

 

“Mommy-“

 

“Shh. On three. One-

 

“Mommy stop.” Jimin tried to struggle out of her hold.

 

“Two.” 

 

“Mommy no ! Daddy help ! Daddy !”

 

“Three -“

 

“Omega wake up.” Jungkook voice made Jimin jump harshly. He looked around, all sweaty and shaken and heart beating rapidly because what type of dream was that. “You’re crying.” Jungkook said, wiping at Jimin’s cheek.

 

“I-“ Jimin didn’t know what to say.

 

“Want me to hold you ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Please.” Jimin tried not to feel weak in Jungkook’s hold but the alpha was so warm, smelled so good. 

 

“It’s okay. I’m here.” Jungkook said, patting Jimin's hair. Jimin sighed into Jungkook’s shoulder.

 

“Alpha.” Jimin said.

 

“Yes ?” 

 

“The moon, do you ever think she’s bad ?” Jimin whispered softly.

 

“Why’d you ask that ?” Jungkook asked after a moment of silence.

 

“When a wolf goes rouge, they always mention something about the moon. Do you think the moon hates us. Is she punishing us wolves for something ?” Jimin asked. Jungkook thought for a moment before pulling Jimin into his lap.

 

“We are children of the moon hyung. Everything from her is meant to be a gift. The rouges, they’re following the destiny of the moon. Maybe we aren’t meant to understand what it is just yet but one day, all these killings, these murders and these hunts will make so much sense. But until then, don’t worry omega. The moon won’t harm you. Never you.” Jungkook said.

 

“Do you worry about going rouge ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Never.” Jungkook said honestly.

 

“And if you do ?”  Jimin asked.

 

“Then put me down omega.” Jungkook said, his hold on Jimin trembling.

 

“I don’t want to lose you alpha. You’re the only pack I have.” Jimin said.

 

“I don’t want to lose you either omega. You’re the only light left in a world that’s cursed wolves into darkness.” Jungkook said. Jimin shifted, pushing his head towards the side. “What are you doing ?”

 

“Scent me. Please.” Jimin said.

 

“I can’t say no to you omega.” Jungkook leaned in and relaxed immediately. Jimin was so warm, so small, so wonderfully alive. The beating of his heart, the rush of his blood, the shift in his scent. Jungkook wanted to bury himself in Jimin. He tried to. Rubbing his nose against Jimin's scent glands and encouraged the omega to hold him back. Jimin only whimpered as Jungkook’s lips tickled him.

 

“Jungkookie.” Jimin giggled as Jungkook tilted his head a bit more, taking him in further. “You’re being greedy.”

 

“Can’t help it.” Jungkook pouted. “You smell like home.”

 

“Am I home to you puppy ?” Jimin asked.

 

“You’re the only thing that reminds me of home.” Jungkook said, looking up to catch Jimin’s glowing golden eyes. 

 

“Thank you for talking to me Jungkookie.” Jimin said, tiny hands coming to cup Jungkook’s face who only nuzzled into him more.

 

“Nightmares aren’t fun. You’re reliving something horrible but I heard there’s a reason to reoccurring dreams. You’re searching for something forgotten omega. Hidden in your head, you’ve buried something.” Jungkook said.

 

“The past should be left in the past.” Jimin said, looking away now. Jungkook watched him, watch Jimin curl a bit in on himself to try and hide from Jungkook’s words. To hide from the truth in his words. 

 

“Sleep omega. I’m not going anywhere.” Jungkook said.

 

“For now.” Jimin said, now blue eyes connecting with Jungkook’s slowly fading red ones. “Once you find the northern pack, you’ll leave me.”

 

“No.” Jungkook whispered. “Omega has to stay with me. With alpha.”

 

“I’ll stay. But you, you Jungkook, should go. Must go. You need a pack. You need their protection.” Jimin said.

 

“Omega needs pack too. Needs to be scented and cuddled and surrounded by pups and pack.” Jungkook said.

 

“I have my clan.” Jimin said.

 

“Not the same.” Jungkook pulled Jimin back into him.

 

“No its not.” Jimin closed his eyes, flashes of the river came back, the cliffs, the moon. He held Jungkook closer.

 

“Omega I-“

 

“Shh pup. Sleep. You have to heal. Be strong for the days to come.” Jimin hushed, pushing Jungkook back down and tugging the blanket back over them. “Just for now, I’m here, you’re here. So let’s sleep.” Jungkook didn’t want to see any more pain in Jimin’s face so he closed his mouth. His hand searched for Jimin’s, wrapping around the tiny digits and squeezing his palm gently. How was he ever going to leave Jimin ?

 


 

Jimin’s life was fairly normal when he was younger. He had a mother and a father. He had a nice house and his grandparents always loved to stuff him with rice cakes and soup. Jimin didn’t notice things were a bit off until he turned ten. Jimin wasn’t allowed out much as a child but finally his parents saw no problem with it. He needed friends. He needed to connect with other pups and form bonds with humans. But Jimin wasn’t like the others. He was caught in the middle of everything and the werewolves seemed to notice it first.

 

“Are your eyes really blue ? Wolves don’t have blue eyes.” One pup asked Jimin.

 

“Maybe he’s half human.” Another said.

 

“No he doesn’t smell human. He smells like a vampire.”  Another whispered.

 

“I am a vampire.” Jimin would defend himself

 

“What ? You can’t be both. That’s not fair.” One kid shouted.

 

“But it’s true.” Jimin said. “My daddy is a vampire and my mommy is a wolf.”

 

“He has to be lying.” They whispered.

 

“Prove it.” Another said.

 

“Yeah. Don’t vampire have magic ? Do some tricks then leech.” One snickered.

 

“Don’t call me a leech. That’s mean.” Jimin glared.

 

“Do something about it.” The kid took a step closer. “Leech.”

 

Jimin eyes flickered a bit before he rose his hand. He didn’t know what he intended to do but he wanted the other pup to be quiet. To stop insulting him. He’s a wolf and a vampire and both are equally great. The other wolf began to struggle, body slowly but surly rising in the air.

 

“He’s doing something to him.” A pup shouted.

 

“He’s going to kill him.” Another said

 

“Jimin.” The firm voice of his father spooked everyone and the pup Jimin was choking fell to the ground. 

 

“Dad.” Jimin didn’t like the look his father gave him.

 

“A vampire !” The children began to whisper. Jimin’s father ignored them as he walked over to the pup who was trying to regain his strength. 

 

“Are you okay kiddo ?” Jimin’s father asked, trying to help the boy sit up to breathe better.

 

“Get off me leech.” The pup hissed, slapping Jimin’s father hand away. “You’re all evil. Every single leech. I’ll tell my parents about this ! Just wait !” The kids ran off at that, leaving Jimin there to frown. His father only sighed as the kids ran off before turning back to Jimin.

 

“Lets go home.” Jimin’s father held out his hand and Jimin nodded, taking the bigger palm before they shifted and suddenly they were at Jimin’s front door.

 

“I’m sorry dad. I didn’t mean it. But they started calling me all these names and I didn’t like it. They kept dissing vampires too as if we are any different. As if we aren’t human like them.” Jimin said. Jimin’s father looked at his teary eyed son and knelled down to talk to him. 

 

“Words, Jiminnie, will be your biggest enemy as you grow up. You’re going to hear words of joy, kindness and complements. You will hear words of hate, disgust and jealousy. You will get every single type of word because regardless of how you view yourself, people want to make you seem different. But listen to me Jiminnie when I say, words should not define you. Their words should not cause you to raise your fist.” Jimin’s father said.

 

“I know.” Jimin looked down. “But I just- I don’t like them dissing you. Dissing us.”

 

“I understand that. But wolves and vampires have a growing conflict going on. We aren’t so civil like we were centuries ago. But that shouldn’t mean you won’t be able to create a pack or a clan. You’re as much of a wolf as you are a vampire Jiminnie. So embrace it. They call you a leech, show them how much of a little blood sucker you can be. They laugh at you, call you a mutt and a dog, show them how strong a wolf is. You’re a child born from two sides of the moon. Show them what that means. You are no different than any vampire I’ve met and no different than the pup your mother cares for so dearly.” Jimin’s father sighed. “I guess that’s where your temper comes from too huh ? That stubbornness surly is from her.”

 

“Dad.” Jimin cracked a smile.

 

“There’s my puppy.” His father said, running a hand through his hair before placing a kiss on Jimin’s crown. “But let’s talk about what you did wrong.”

 

“I used magic.” Jimin said.

 

“Not only that. What did you do with your magic.” Jimin’s father said. 

 

“I hurt someone with it.” Jimin looked down again at his hands. “I hurt someone.” He whispered.

 

“Why’d you hurt them Jiminnie ?” His father asked.

 

“I didn’t mean to. I just wanted him to be quiet.” Jimin said, his hands began to tremble.

 

“Why ?” His father asked again.

 

“Because...because I was hurt.” Jimin said.

 

“And when you’re hurt do you want others to hurt too ?” His father asked.

 

“No.” Jimin whispered.

 

“Then why’d you do it ?” His father asked again.

 

“Because. She told me.” Everything began to blur.

 

“Who told you ?” His fathers voice was but a mere echo.

 

“Who ?” Everything went black.

Chapter 6: Chapter 6

Chapter Text

“Omega come to me.” Jungkook’s voice reached his ears. Jimin blinked, he was in the study room, books surround him as he was reading with one in his lap. Did he fall asleep ?

 

“Jungkook ?” Jimin whispered.

 

“You’re having a nightmare.” Jungkook stated. “Again.”

 

“I know.” Jimin ran a hand through his hair. He was trembling.

 

“You need me ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Where are you ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Namjoon-hyung’s office. I’ll come to you.” Jungkook said.

 

“No. No stay. You have to find the pack. I’ll get some water.” Jimin stood up on shaky legs.

 

“Omega.” Jungkook said.

 

“Stay.” Jimin said more sternly. Jungkook went silent at that. Jimin made his way down to the kitchen. Taehyung was there, half reading through a book, half searching for something.

 

“Jiminnie. Hey.” Taehyung said. He watched Jimin pour himself some water as he grabbed a packet and poured it into a bowl.

 

“What are you doing ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Healing ointment.“ Taehyung said simply. Jimin watched as he waved a hand over the bowl and a blue mist puffed out.

 

“Are you sure you’re not a witch ?” Jimin teased.

 

“Are you sure you haven’t been hanging out with Jungkookie for too long ?” Taehyung glared.

 

“Jungkookie...” a thought flashed through Jimin’s head. “How do you feel about Jungkookie ?”

 

“Hmm ? He’s fine. A bit odd but like an overgrown puppy but he’s fun. It’s fun to have a new friend.” Taehyung smiled. 

 

“What about...his looks ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Minnie...” Taehyung paused. “You’re not asking what I think you are, are you ?” Jimin just flushed.

 

“I’m just asking.”

 

“Sure he’s hot. I’d be blind not to see it.” Taehyung said, expert eyes watching Jimin’s. “But I would not say I like him.”

 

“But you find him hot.” Jimin said.

 

“Attractiveness and liking someone is different.” Taehyung said.

 

“How ?” Jimin wondered. Wouldn’t you need them both to like someone ?

 

“Silly Jiminnie. You have so much to learn about the world. Don’t worry, Jungkookie is all yours. He’s kind of been off limits since that day...which I talked to him about. I’m sorry about that too.” Taehyung said, flushing ever so faintly on his porcelain cheeks.

 

“It’s fine. He’s a pup, just curious. But I’m glad you’re okay.” Jimin said.

 

“But yeah. I can see, physically how attractive he is. He’s young, almost seventeen, ripped, tall, has this whole bad boy aesthetic but is adorable too. I see it. But would I want to date him... not really.” Taehyung said.

 

“Then who do you want to date. You’re not...speciest are you ?” Jimin asked lowly.

 

“I don’t even think that’s a word Ji. But no I’m not racist if that’s what you’re getting at. Him being a wolf doesn’t make him any less attractive. If anything it adds to it. He’s off limits you know, everyone loves things they can’t have. But the thing is, you can. You can have him. I can’t do what you can for him. Can’t scent him, can’t do that whisper talk thing from kilometers away, can’t have cute pet names like alpha and omega. Can’t give him a little pup.” Taehyung sighed with a smile.

 

“Tae !” Jimin flushed.

 

“It’s just how life is I suppose. I’m a pureblood. Either I keep the line going or end it. But I’ll leave that to Jin-hyung. You though, you could start a whole new race.” Taehyung said. “Genetics are a powerful thing. Imagine what your kids would be like.”

 

“Stop I can’t listen to this.” Jimin said, covering his ears.

 

“You’re cute Jiminnie.” Taehyung said. “But if you like Jungkookie, do something about it. What’s that old phrase people used to say ? Yolo ?” 

 

“Stop.” Jimin could die here.

 

“You’re a treasure he won’t be able to resist. If only you’d stop wearing these grandma sweaters.” Taehyung said looking at him disappointedly.

 

“These were brought by you.” Jimin said.

 

“They’re so last addition. Gucci’s new winter collection just came out, let’s order more things tonight.” Taehyung said. “Maybe something to show off your figure.” Taehyung eyed him closely.

 

“Stop looking at me ! I’m leaving.” Jimin got up. “Oh and your ointment is bubbling.” 

 

“Oh shit !” Taehyung hissed making Jimin laugh as hell walked out. Well that could have been worse.

 


 

“Crumble the sage, add two saffron and three petals of calendula and yes, that should do the trick.” Jimin watched Seokjin mumble to himself as he worked around the green house. It’s been a little while since Jimin has seen him working so actively around the plants but Seokjin was making healing drinks for their journey.

 

“Who all is going on this trip hyung ?” Jimin asked and Seokjin didn’t stop mixing as he answered him.

 

“Joonie of course. And Hoseok. We all think it’s best if Yoongi stays here with you and Tae.” Seokjin said.

 

“What about you ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Well someone has to keep getting us blood. I’ll send them halfway and come back.” Seokjin said and Jimin nodded. Inside he felt horrible. Alpha was leaving just like everyone else. Just like his first pack.

 

“You don’t seem too excited.” Seokjin said.

 

“I’m worried.” Jimin said honestly. A lot could go wrong. Jungkook could get spotted as a wolf in vampire territory. Vampires could start some problems with him. They could get ambushed before they even find the northern pack.

 

“Me too. But Namjoon and Hoseok will take care of your pup. They both realize how important this journey is.” Seokjin said pouring the liquid into a tiny jug. He did that for a whole set of jars that were lined up and Jimin sealed them. 

 

“I’m more worried about when they reach the northern pack. Will they accept Jungkook ? He’s just a pup but also almost an adult. It might be difficult for them to have another mouth to feed.” Jimin said. “What if they don’t want him ?”

 

“Then...” Seokjin looked as if he thought about this too. “Then we will bring him back.”

 

“Really ?” Jimin perked up happily. “You’d bring him back ?”

 

“He’s your pack. I realized how important he is to you these past months. Of course I’d bring him back to you.” Seokjin said. “And Namjoon will agree because this is my house so my rules.” 

 

“Thank you hyung ! Thank you !” Jimin said hugging the older vampire.

 

“Oh Jiminnie, you seem to almost want the northern pack to deny him.” Seokjin said teasingly making Jimin flush.

 

“I didn’t mean it like that.” He said and Seokjin just ruffled his hair.

 

“It’s okay you know. To have such selfish thoughts about those you like.” Seokjin said gently and Jimin gasped.

 

“Hyung.” Jimin was pink.

 

“Okay okay let me stop before you burst. Get out of here. Go spend time with your wolf.” Seokjin said and Jimin let out a small sigh before rushing off.

 

“Alpha, where are you ?” Jimin called out.

 

“I’m with Namjoon-hyung and Hoseok-hyung. We were making a schedule for our trip.” Jungkook said back easily. Jimin faltered in his movements, a slight frown on his face.

 

“Oh. Then if you’re busy don’t let me bother you.” Jimin said.

 

“I’m never busy. What did you want omega ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“I just...wanted to spend some time with you.” Jimin said honestly.

 

“Give me ten minuets and I’ll meet you in your room. Why don’t you get your nest all ready for us hyung.” Jungkook said and Jimin nodded. He could do that.

 

“Okay.” He said.

 

“Good boy.” Jungkook sent back and it made Jimin flush.

 

“Why are you just standing in the middle of the den making faces ?” Taehyung asked breaking Jimin’s thoughts. “Oh wait are you talking to Jungkookie ? What did he say to make your cheeks go so red with blood ?” Taehyung asked coming over to his smaller hybrid friend and nosing at his plump cheek.

 

“Tae.” Jimin said warningly.

 

“You’re so cute. I just wanted to know the secret to fluster our Jiminnie.” Taehyung said wrapping his friend in a hug. Jimin sighed but hugged Taehyung back before stepping away.

 

“I’m going to go fix my nest. What are you up to ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Well in two days I have to go visit my parents so I’m packing for that.” Taehyung said.

 

“Eh you’re leaving too ?” Jimin blinked.

 

“I’ll be back before they go. If it was up to me, I’d take you with. But...” Taehyung’s words trailed off. They all knew what the but was. For Jimin to travel was unsafe. He smelled like a wolf. Anyone within a close radius would catch his scent and try to hunt him down if they could. It was best to leave him here. A pity too, Jimin quite liked Taehyung’s parents. They were ancient in a way that Seokjin was slowly becoming. All knowing and kind. They treated Jimin no differently, probably due to his father but he didn’t wish to think of that. Not now.

 

“I’ll miss you.” Jimin said honestly.

 

“I’ll call you every day. And send you pictures so you can feel my suffering that my pureblood family makes me go through.” Taehyung said and Jimin laughed lightly.

 

“You know you love it.” Jimin said. The life of a pureblood was the life of a royalty. They were an elite of their own and held many customs and rules that Jimin couldn’t take. Seokjin tried to teach him when he was younger but it was no use, Jimin would never live like them so they thought it best to raise him normally. Well as normal as you can get with a child of two moons. 

 

“Eh like five percent. But I’ll tell you more at dinner yeah ? Enjoy your nest making.” Taehyung said and Jimin nodded as his friend walked away.

 

Up in his room now, Jimin began shoving pillows and blankets into the corner of his bed. He fixed them to positions he liked, enjoying the slight sunlight he got from his window as he fluffed up one pillow to lay on. He could hear footsteps in the distance and soon Jungkook was opening his door. The tall pup was walking almost perfectly and it eased Jimin’s heart to know he wasn’t in any more pain. The dark hair of his was getting slightly long though, falling under his eye that made Jimin smile when he tried to whisk it away.

 

“Come here pup. Let hyung fix your hair and we can cuddle.” Jimin said and Jungkook moved closer. Jimin grabbed a hair tie from his nightstand and crawled on his knees to where Jungkook sat. He brushed the soft strands of hair with one hand and used the other to grab the tie. “We should cut this before it gets too long.” Jimin said as he did the pony tail. It was short but cute and out of Jungkook’s way.

 

“Later. You called for me remember?” Jungkook said and Jimin felt himself warm up again. He nodded slowly and Jungkook smiled at him. “Then let’s lay down.” It was a different position than usual, Jungkook’s head laying on Jimin’s chest. His big body a comforting weight as he let Jimin’s hands play with the end of his hair.

 

“How’s the planning going ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Good. The hyung’s have all of the supplies now and once they’re all packed, we can leave. We are thinking it’s best not to go through Seoul directly. The city is too filled with possible conflicts so we will go around. That will cause a few hours of delay but it’s better than the risk. Once we make it past Seoul, we will camp out. Then continue the next day. After that we will keep going north. We are bound to reach the pack eventually since they’re the highest thing above Seoul.” Jungkook explained.

 

“And then ?” Jimin asked.

 

“And then...if they take me. It’ll be my new home.” Jungkook said. Jimin was quiet for a moment.

 

“We should get you a phone.” Jimin said.

 

“A phone ?” Jungkook repeated. He hadn’t had a phone since before the attack.

 

“Yeah. That way we can stay in contact.” Jimin said.

 

“We can ask the hyungs.” Jungkook said and Jimin nodded. “I too would like to stay in contact with you omega. We are pack. Even from a distance it would be wrong to just leave without a trace.”

 

“Such a sweet alpha.” Jimin said lightly. “So kind, to worry about me when you’re the one going on a dangerous trip.”

 

“You’ll be alone. Of course I’ll worry.” Jungkook said and Jimin laughed.

 

“This won’t be my first time alone. Here, let me tell you a story Jungkook.” Jimin said.

 

“Is it a sad one ?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Those are the best kind.” Jimin said. “This story is about an abandoned wolf.”

 


 

Jimin didn’t know what went wrong. The day had started off normal. His parents sent him off to school and his mother picked him up. They ate dinner together and Jimin talked about the flower painting he had made in his art class. His mom praised him well. Such an artistic boy he was and promised to put the painting up when they got it from the school the next day. Then Jimin’s father washed him up in the tub, his dad making more of a mess than he did when he accidentally squeezed the soap bottle too hard and spilling it all over. They cleaned it up in quiet giggles and soon Jimin was being put to bed. He was going to be eight years old this year and didn’t need his parents to run baths for him but they did it without complaint so Jimin didn’t mind. He fell asleep to hands running through his dark hair and a kiss on his forehead.

 

The next thing he remembered was him waking up to a loud crash. At first he thought he made it up through his barely awake haze but there was so much commotion going on that Jimin got up from his bed a bit scared.

 

“Mom ?” Jimin called as he peaked into the living room. There his mom was but something was wrong. She was tearing the house up, going in what seemed to be a frenzy as she knocked things from the tables and kicked at the kitchen island. She didn’t seem to notice Jimin at first, going on about her rage when she suddenly froze. She sniffed the air shortly and Jimin tensed up when her head snapped his way. Danger, his wolf cried out and Jimin felt the urge to run. But that was old. Why would his mother ever be a danger to him ?

 

The answer to his question came as his mother lunged towards him. She looked insane as she rushed to him on fours and growled at him. Jimin was thankful to move quickly, dodging her lunge and running towards the couch to give them some distance. His mother didn’t seem to like that as she let out a snarl and jumped at him again.

 

“Mom stop ! Mom I don’t like this.” Jimin said as he jumped off the couch and into the kitchen. He kicked at one of the chairs to block his mother’s way before hiding in the small space between the cabinets and the wall. It was an odd corner, one his mother disliked cause it didn’t line up with anything else in the house so she tried to cover it with a plant. Jimin crawled back as far as he could and tried to calm himself down. There was something wrong with his mother. She would never attack him like this. The sudden switch up was too scary for his seven year old mind and Jimin felt himself begin to cry. He quickly covered his mouth to muffle himself as he heard his mother search through the kitchen looking for him.

 

He felt his heart thudding against his chest but tried to calm in his scent. He knew it was probably releasing out the strongest distress pheromones but any scent would attract his mother as well. She sounded like she was getting closer, throwing dishes around and ripping the cabinet doors off their hinges. Jimin watched her tear and bite away at their home without remorse fearfully. Just what was going on with his mother ? She spotted him sadly and lunched at him. The small space thankfully could not fit her and she tried to reach in, clawing and swiping at Jimin who cried as he watched her.

 

“Mom.” He cried as her strong arms began to break at the cabinet. The loud crack made Jimin jump but he stayed back. She was getting closer now and he didn’t have anywhere else to go so Jimin closed his eyes. 

 

“Jimin !” The sound of his father’s voice made his blue eyes snap back open and Jimin watched as his father grabbed his mother and fling her across their home. She hit the wall with a harsh thud but didn’t seemed to be phased. “Jimin come here quickly. We have to leave.”

 

“Dad what’s going on ?” Jimin asked as he scrambled into his father’s hold. The vampire was only given a moment to hug his son close before his mother lunged at him. Like Jimin, his father was a telepath. Unlike Jimin, he had immense control over his powers and forced his mother to freeze mid air. She snarled and kicked, trying to get out from the invisible barrier but his father didn’t budge. Like this, Jimin could see her in all of her terror. Her eyes were blood shot, her teeth were bare and her claws sharp and she was wreaking in bloodlust.

 

“Hyesu I’m so sorry.” His father said and Jimin could feel him trembling where he laid his head. “But you need to stop now.” He said and send her slamming into the wall again. But his father didn’t stop there and she burst through the living room wall to be flung outside. His father walked through the newly formed hole and there Jimin could see the damage that was going on. The wolves around them seemed to be going crazy. There was screams being heard and sirens in the distance.

 

“Dad ?” Jimin said and his father sighed before rubbing Jimin’s back.

 

“It’s okay. I’m here. You’re okay.” He said and using his vampire speed he flashed over to where his wife now laid in the ground. She looked confused and watched as his father held out his hand again. “I’m sorry. But it’s time for you to sleep.” And with a burst of energy, his mother stopped moving.

 

“Dad.” Jimin said again. He was trembling in his father’s hold. “Is mom sick ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Something worse than sickness.” His father said before dodging a figure that pounced towards them. “We have to go.”

 

“But mom !” Jimin called but his father didn’t listen as he rushed off. The speed made Jimin slightly dizzy so he clung to him right and buried his head into his father’s shoulder. He didn’t know how long they had been moving but the sounds of screams had ended a while ago. It was the dead of night and the more his father ran the more it seemed like there was just trees around them. Somewhere throughout their journey, Jimin fell asleep.

 

When he woke back up, he was in quieter place. The ceilings were high and the room cold. Odd because it was the middle of spring outside. His father’s jacket was draped over him and he looked around slowly. Where was his father ? He could hear talking in the distance so Jimin got up quietly and peaked out the room. There was nothing but a hallway to meet him. It seemed long and endless so Jimin just followed the voices. They weren’t too far and Jimin picked up on his father’s voice immediately.

 

“It’s a travesty I’m telling you. There’s something wrong. A whole neighborhood cannot just go rogue.” His father said.

 

“We do not know how the wolves are affected. But we know they won’t survive the night once the government knows.” Another voice said.

 

“Please don’t call them. They’re just people. Rouge or not, their families are still there. Children and elderly in need of help.” His father pleaded.

 

“Of course we won’t call. But that doesn’t mean they won’t find out. Honestly I’m surprised you made it out unscathed.” Another voice said. A female one this time. “And your son. Maybe he’s too young to be touched by the moon.”

 

“Or maybe his vampiric roots saved him.” The male voice had said. “We will help you Jihwan, we will. But what are you going to do about Hyesu ?”

 

“I don’t know. I have to go find her. Maybe I can help her come back.” His father said.

 

“And your son ?” The woman asked.

 

“He- it would be best for him to stay here, if you allow it.” His father said and Jimin took that chance to burst in.

 

“Dad !” Jimin called, taking in the sight of a youthful looking couple sitting in front of his father. He paid them little mind as he rushed to hug his dad who picked him up to settle him in his lap.

 

“Jiminnie. You should have told me you woke up.” His father said. 

 

“Sorry. Scared.” Jimin said honestly. “I want mom.”

 

“I know I know.” His father said with a sigh. “I’m going to go get her for you.”

 

“Really ?” Jimin perked up. “Will she be okay ?” Jimin asked.

 

“Hopefully.”  His father said and Jimin didn't know how he felt about that. 

 

“When will we go back home ?” Jimin asked.

 

“I’ll come get you. For now, you will stay here with two close friends of mine.” His father said and Jimin eyes flickered back over to the couple.

 

“Hello.” The woman greeted with a smile. “He is quite adorable Jihwan. If you were to tell me he was a pureblood child then I would believe you. But his scent is alarmingly wolf.” 

 

“Troubling so.” The man said. “But the manor is big, I can think of ways to hide your little hybrid from harm.”

 

“Thank you two.” His father said giving them a bow. “I owe you so much.”

 

“No no, just comeback safely.” The woman said.

 

“Dad ?” Jimin looked at him.

 

“I’ll be back okay ? I’m going to go get mom.” His father said kissing his forehead for a moment. “I love you you know.”

 

“I love you too.” Jimin said before frowning. “What do I do if you don’t come back ?” Jimin asked and his father tensed up before relaxing.

 

“You don’t need to worry about that. Why wouldn’t I come back to you ?” His father said giving him a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. “I should go now. Any more time wasted is time I can’t find mom. You will stay here with this nice auntie and uncle okay ? They even have a son your age.”

 

“A human ?” Jimin asked.

 

“A vampire.” His father corrected. Jimin had never met a child vampire before. How could they even be real. His thoughts were cut off as his father placed him back on his feet before standing up. “I’ll be back.” He said and he looked up to nod at his friends before in a flash, he was gone. Jimin felt cold without him there and jumped when his voice was called.

 

“How would you like to meet our son Jimin ? You two are the same age and could be friends.” The woman said gently. 

 

“Do you know how long my dad will take ?” Jimin asked and the woman’s smile faltered a bit.

 

“No but, we will be here until he does. Don’t worry, he will come back for you.” She said reaching out for his hand. Jimin took it but still frowned as they began walking. He didn’t like the fact that no one answered his questioned. If his dad never came back, what were they to do ?

 


 

“What happened to your dad ?” Jungkook asked after Jimin had stopped talking. He went silent a few minutes ago and Jungkook thought for a moment he fell asleep at tried to look at him before Jimin tightened his hold around him.

 

“They don’t know.” Jimin said softly. “When a month passed, Taehyung’s parents went back to my town. Or what was left of it. The government had cleared it out completely, only whatever houses that didn’t fall from the damage done that night were untouched. They asked the inner circle about it, but most rouge wolves are unknown faces of many so they couldn’t even track my mother's body down. They told me he could have died trying to save her but that’s not certain. They just, disappeared.” 

 

“And left you behind.” Jungkook said and Jimin hugged Jungkook closer.

 

“Yes.” Jimin said. “But I don’t blame them for it. What the moon does to you is out of your control. I’m more upset at the fact that no one knows anything. Not a single trace of him has been found in the last ten years. It’s more likely that my mom died that night but my dad... it would be nice to know if he’s is or isn’t. For closure you know ?” Jungkook could only hum. “Sorry if that was too depressing, I know cuddle times should be relaxing.”

 

“It’s fine. I like learning about you omega. You’re the most interesting thing I’ve ever seen in my life.” Jungkook said honestly and Jimin was happy the alpha couldn’t see his face. “Thank you for sharing this with me.”

 

“Thank you for listening.” Jimin said and Jungkook wrapped his arms around Jimin’s waist.

 

“I won’t abandon you omega. I won’t.” Jungkook said.

 

“Shh don’t worry about me. I have a clan. You go find yourself a pack.” Jimin said.

 

“I already did.” Jungkook said truthfully and Jimin felt his heart rush. Stupid stupid alpha for saying such things. He couldn’t handle the feeling or the way it made his omega preen. His scent must have shown it heavily because Jungkook began rubbing his cheek against his chest. 

 

“Stop it.” Jimin said but didn’t mean it. If anything he meant the opposite. More. Tell him more. Let him know how much of a pack their were. Just them. It felt so right with just them that Jimin wanted to burst. With Jungkook he wasn’t so empty anymore. And soon Jungkook would be leaving him. Would the feeling go ? Would the emptiness return ? It hurt to think deeply about. “Scent me.”

 

“Always.” Jungkook said and grabbed the omega’s wrist, bringing it to his nose. He would burn his scent into Jimin if he could. Lace it together with his forever until Jimin felt only like them. Just them. They don’t have much time together so maybe they were being a bit more clingy than usual. A bit sappier than usual. Neither commented on it and just held the other close. Their time together was running out and it would be best to spend it together well before they couldn’t ever again.