Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Time Travel and World Travel, My Favorite Fanfiction
Stats:
Published:
2019-05-13
Completed:
2021-11-20
Words:
606,894
Chapters:
123/123
Comments:
285
Kudos:
252
Bookmarks:
38
Hits:
12,586

Emina Games

Summary:

A cross-universe battle royale pits twenty-four players against one another. Characters' strengths are put to the test and unexpected bonds are formed along the way. But what is the point of the bloodshed? Is it a "last-man standing" act after all, or is there more to this game than it seems?
A multi-fandom crossover is at hand - who will win the game?

Notes:

There will be two more introductory chapters beyond the intro as the groups are fleshed out. This is a story I have written ahead a bit, so rest assured this won't be a story left unfinished. I hope you may enjoy the adventure ahead!

Chapter 1: Intro

Chapter Text

Snap.

The lights went up. It was like the sun rose and the sky came to life all in an instant. One moment, darkness - the next, it’s noontime. There was immediate confusion. Twenty-four people stood upon individual pillars, all facing one another in a circle. No one knew where they were or how they got there, nor could they identify who stood around them. This might have been because everyone else was made into a silhouette to their own eyes, even though they could see themselves just fine. All they could make out from the others was their eyes and their figure. The whispers began.

“Oh no, not this again…” A young boy’s voice, weak and trembling. Blue eyes.

“What the fuck?” Low and frustrated. Hazel eyes.

“What the hell’s going on?” Blue eyes.

“A dream…?” Red eyes.

“Or a nightmare…” Brown.

“We’re gonna get an explanation, right?” Brown.

“Certainly, we’ll experience a bit of spice…” Purple.

“I-I-I’m confused…” Red.

Welcome!” A loud voice boomed around all of them, the origin of which could not be pinpointed. “Congratulations! All of you have been chosen to participate in The Emina Games!

Another ripple of confusion ensued, but the voice only continued.

There are twenty-four contestants from ten different realms! Here are the rules: First! Each of you are to be placed in teams of four! This is to provide a little more fairness to the game, as there are multiple species involved in this great time we’ll be having. Until a certain point in the game, you should remain in your groups. There may come a time where all groups must be disbanded. Alliances are not recommended, but are allowed.

“Number two! Each person will be given a weapon not of their choice, but don’t worry; I have ensured that your weapons will fit your personality just fine! Those of you who already have ‘special abilities’ will not get a weapon, as your ‘special ability’ is considered a weapon itself. Those of you who need ammo will be able to find ammo around the playing area. Food has also been dispersed, as well as ‘special items’ that will be explained if you actually find them.

“Number three! Your playing field is a city! It does not have a name, so you can call it whatever you’d like. This game will take more than a day, so be prepared to find places to sleep. Although this city will be empty besides the twenty-four of you, there will be a lot of houses and rooms that are still fully stocked as if people did live there. I will not be throwing in any other players…most likely.

“Number four!” The voice ignored the noises of irritation among the players. “Some of your abilities have been altered! I have placed limits on those of you who need them. I can’t have any invincible players, now, can I? This is to help ensure the fairness of the game, although to be fair this game is not fair in the least. I will explain the new limits after we’ve all introduced ourselves.

“Number five! The objective of this game is to survive! The goal is to kill as many people as possible and hopefully not die in the process. This is a battle royale! Enjoy yourselves and do your best, everybody! You may kill them in whatever way you wish; there are no rules about that. Be as merciful or as horrendous as you’d like.

“Are there any questions thus far?” The voice stopped. There was silence as this sunk in.

“…How the fuck did we get here?” It was a low and irritated voice that was answered by a snickering from one of the other contestants. Hazel eyes.

“You were transported in ways yet to be explained.” Simple and blunt.

“What’s the point of all this?” This silhouette was putting a hand on his hip. Blue eyes, though only one was showing. His outline suggested that perhaps his bangs were swept over his right. “Honestly, what’s in it for us if we win, other than surviving?”

“Yeah, and what if you’re already dead, huh?” asked another irritable voice of a smaller person. Amber eyes.

“If you are already dead, you can still be killed here. Certain people have been altered, as you may remember. Depending upon your situation, the prize at the end differs. You could call it a surprise. Later on in the game, there is a possibility that each individual prize will be revealed once the contestants have narrowed down considerably.”

“W…will we be with people we know?” Red eyes. Nervous posture. He seemed to be wearing a scarf.

“For most of you, yes. For others, no. You’ll find out soon.”

“O-oh… Okay…”

“Now, let’s begin our introductions!” Those who were not able to voice their inquiries shut their mouths. Some were irritable about it. “You will state your name and your species. We all must be honest, here. Ken Kaneki will begin for us, and then we’ll go clockwise. Begin!”

This boy, Ken Kaneki, straightened a bit. Now he was out in the open, no longer a silhouette to the others. His hair was snow white, his eye(s) grey. Black pants and white button-up with a black tie and unbuttoned vest; pretty simple. There was a black eye patch that covered his left eye. He bowed. “Ken Kaneki; it is a pleasure to meet you all. I am an artificially made half-ghoul.”

“Shuu Tsukiyama!” A proud statement from a purple-haired man as colorful and boastful as a peacock. His fashion sense was…interesting, to say the least. “I am a ghoul, the gourmet, to be precise. It’s a pleasure!” He bowed extravagantly.

“Seidou Takizawa…” A young man with brown hair parted down the middle was revealed, a single piece sticking up in the center. He wore formal attire, mostly blue. He seemed nervous but strong-minded. He eyed the first two contestants with discomfort. “I am a human, and a ghoul investigator!” He ended with more determination.

“I am also a ghoul investigator!” A boy with longer orange hair was revealed, two pieces of hair sticking up at the very top of his head. There was a longer section of his bangs that hung in the middle of his forehead. His teeth were pointed, and he sported a dark green jacket over a white collared shirt and black tie. “I’m a half-ghoul and one of the Quinx; Ginshi Shirazu!”

“Shizuo Heiwajima,” said a blond, grown man in gruff tones. He huffed. He was strangely in a bartender’s outfit. “I don’t know what the fuck a ‘ghoul’ is…but I’m a human.”

The next contestant began to laugh. “Oh my, well, I digress.” Shizuo stiffened at the voice. “I’m Izaya Orihara; pleasure to meet you all!” A man with black hair and sinister eyes, a cruel smile on his face. He wore a weird Eskimo kind of jacket, as well. “Also, I suppose you could call me a human, too.” He snickered.

“Psyche! I’m Psyche Orihara!” Izaya stopped laughing, confused. Shizuo could only stare in shock and terror. Two Izayas? Psyche, who adorned mostly white attire save for pink headphones and pink buttons on his jacket, saluted the group. Though he looked exactly like Izaya in features, his attire, facial expression, and general aura were far different. “Happy to meet you all! I like games, so I’m sure it’ll be fun! I’m a human too!”

Shizuo muttered a, “What the fuck…” in undertones.

“Hoh~ This is even more interesting.” Izaya put a hand to his chin, intrigued.

“Two of the same person…?” Seidou was trying to grasp the situation. He still wasn't over the existence of a half-ghoul ghoul investigator.

The next silhouette snapped with both his fingers and struck a casual pose. Blond with pink and white headphones. Although he wore mostly white, the dress shirt under his jacket was pink with black stripes, and his neck adorned a black tie. “Delic Heiwajima, it’s really a pleasure to meet every one of ya~ I, too, am a human as well as single.”

There were no words that could express the horrified looks on both Shizuo’s and Izaya’s faces.

“Izaya Hachimenroppi,” said the next, someone who looked exactly like Izaya but with red eyes and red trim on his Eskimo jacket, rather than beige. His aura was less playful. “I prefer Roppi. I’m human.”

“Sh-sh-shizuo Tsu-tsukishima!” A man wearing glasses and a beige scarf bowed hastily, face red out of nervousness. He, too, wore a bartender’s outfit. “I-I am human, so-pleased to meet…all of you…”

“Ugh…” A boy with messy black hair rubbed the back of his head. He wore a black v-neck and khaki pants, though his most prominent characteristic was the red jersey he wore. “Shintaro Kisaragi… human.”

“The Clearing Eyes Snake,” grinned a man all in black, black hair tied into a low, short ponytail. Me ga Saeru Hebi. There were grey headphones on his head and grey arrows on his pants as well as on his boots.

Shintaro was uncomfortable. “Uh… Konoha?”

“No, no… But I guess it’s easier for all of you to call me Kuro Konoha or Kuroha, hm?” He grinned. His pupils were slits, eyes glowing yellow. “My species is rather complicated, but I'm currently possessing an android body.”

“I’m A-ya,” said a boy with shadows under his red eyes, looking dully at everyone. There was a spark in his eyes that was hard to catch. His messy raven hair had a single ahoge stuck in the air. He wore a black hoodie and red plaid pants. “Human.”

“C-ta; it’s a pleasure to meet you all.” This boy smiled charmingly, eyes droopy and friendly, a warm green. Beige jacket, red v-neck, and the same pants as A-ya. “I’m also human.”

“I’m Yukiteru Amano,” said the next, uncomfortably shifting from foot to foot. The most prominent parts of his attire were his orange jacket and his beige hat, which covered his black hair. “I’m a human.”

“Keiichi Maebara!” This one seemed pretty confident. He wore a short-sleeved button-up shirt and black pants. His hair was brown. “Human!”

“Hello, everyone, I am Yato the delivery god!” introduced the next happily. His hair was a dark purple, and his eyes seemed to glow with an almost sky-blue hue. He wore a black jersey and an abnormal, very puffy white scarf around his neck.

“I’m Yukine,” sighed the much younger one at the next pillar. He was blond and looked annoyed. Apparently there were a lot of blond, irritable people. Yukine’s amber eyes were averted from the group, hands in his pockets. He wore a light blue hoodie and green pants. “I’m a Shinki; basically a dead human that’s kinda special.”

“He’s my pride and joy~” Yato said happily.

“Right…” The kid, Yukine, didn’t seem so joyful.

“I am Ciel Phantomhive, Earl of the Phantomhive estate!” This small boy’s introduction was a bit on the fancy side, more so than even that Tsukiyama fellow. His clothes were of the upper class of 1800’s England. Both an eye patch and his hair concealed his right eye. “I am a human.”

“I,” a butler all in black bowed, “am Sebastian Michaelis. I am merely one hell of a—”

“Species must be identified,” The Voice cut in before he could finish his catchphrase.

“…I am a demon,” the butler clarified, coughing gently into his white-gloved hand. “Sincere apologies.”

“Shinichi Izumi.” Brown hair swept back, simple nice clothing with a tie, much like the Seidou boy. “I’m human…”

“Migi.” His hand morphed into a strange blob with one eye and a mouth. “I am a parasite.” Discomfort swept through the other contestants.

“Well, that’s gross,” said the next. “I’m Yoh Takami; Yoh is fine.” His taupe hair fell over his left eye. He wore simple prison attire. “I’m a human.”

“Um… I’m Ganta Igarashi…” The next scratched at his cheek. Very short, dark brown hair was mussed atop his head, and he wore the same prison attire as Yoh. “I’m a human… well… I’m a Deadman… Which is pretty much still a human, though, so…”

“Thank you all for your participation! I will now read you your groups…”

“I can’t believe this kind of thing is happening again…,” Yukiteru mumbled to himself.

“Hey, Ganta,” said Yoh, pointing at his neck. “Even though this kinda sucks, we don’t have our poison collars.”

“Even though,” Ganta responded, pale, “I guess we’re on death row here anyway… We’re being forced to kill each other… Nnn…”

“I can’t wait to beat your ass in this stupid game,” Shizuo hissed at Izaya.

Izaya laughed. “Oh, this sure will be fun.”

“Wait, Izaya-san doesn’t like Shizu-chan after all? Ohhh…” Psyche said in amazement. He appeared enlightened.

“The groups are as follows!” The twenty-four went silent. “In Group 1, we have Ken Kaneki and Ginshi Shirazu of the Realm of Ghouls, paired with Psyche Orihara and Delic Heiwajima from the Realm of Alternate Personalities.”

“Alternate personalities…?” Shizuo was perplexed. “You mean to say there’s a reality where I act like that?!” He gestured to Delic.

“Hey, I’m not that bad, am I?” Delic feigned heartache, clutching his chest. “My own original self…”

“That is pretty scary… Even scarier than you, Shizu-chan,” said Izaya, hand to his mouth.

“Shut the fuck up,” Shizuo growled.

“In Group 2, we have Izaya Hachimenroppi and Shizuo Tsukishima from the Realm of Alternate personalities, paired with Seidou Takizawa from the Realm of Ghouls and Shintaro Kisaragi from the Realm of the Heat Haze.”

“At least…I’m not with any ghouls,” Seidou assured himself, rubbing the back of his head.

“In Group 3, we have A-ya and C-ta from the Realm of the Bookmark of Demise, paired with Yukiteru Amano from the Realm of the Future Diaries and Keiichi Maebara from the Realm of the Hinamizawa Syndrome.”

“Hinamizawa Syndrome…” Keiichi squinted. “I don’t think…that even I know what that is…”

Yukiteru played with his fingers nervously. “Will I get my diary, then…? I don’t have my cell phone here…”

“In Group 4 we have Shinichi Izumi and Migi from the Realm of Parasytes, paired with Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis from the Realm of Demon Butlers.”

“I guess it’s kind of a given Migi and I are together, huh…,” Shinichi remarked to himself.

“Well, we have some interesting partners, don’t we, Young Master?” Sebastian said, vaguely amused with this whole set-up.

Ciel only eyed Shinichi and Migi with a frown.

“In Group 5 we have Ganta Igarashi and Yoh Takami from the Realm of Deadmen, paired with Kuroha from the Realm of the Heat Haze and Shuu Tsukiyama from the Realm of Ghouls.”

“Even despite the flaw in this system, I will still remain loyal to Kaneki-kun,” Tsukiyama vowed elegantly, hand over his heart.

“Hah… This sure will be fun…” Kuroha gave an eerie smile, laughing under his breath.

“We’re stuck with the fucked-up snake dude and the purple weirdo over there… Great,” muttered Yoh. Ganta sighed.

Izaya had done the math and swallowed, an uncomfortable smirk curling his mouth. “You’re kidding…”

“In Group 6, we have Yato and Yukine from the Realm of the Near and Far Shores, paired with Shizuo Heiwajima and Izaya Orihara from the Realm of the Dark Rider.”

NO FUCKING WAY.” Shizuo obviously disagreed with the idea. “You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me, right? There’s no way I’m working with that maggot!”

“As if I want to be with you, protozoan…”

“Oh, just fucking great…”

The tension had risen drastically within a few seconds.

“Well, this is uncomfortable,” Yukine remarked, voice dull.

“You will all now be transported by means of teleportation to your starting points. Each group will be in different parts of the city so they can prepare for any meetings with other groups. Your weapons will be waiting for you. Those who have abilities and will not be getting weapons are as follows: Ken Kaneki, Ginshi Shirazu, Delic Heiwajima, Shizuo Tsukishima, Shinichi Izumi, Migi, Sebastian Michaelis, Saeru (or rather, Kuroha), Shuu Tsukiyama, Ganta Igarashi, Shizuo Heiwajima, Yato, and Yukine. The limits placed on those who need them… will be explained as these obstacles meet you. You will now be transported. Good luck, and remember your objective!”

With this cheery farewell, the game began.