Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-05-10
Updated:
2023-01-05
Words:
35,574
Chapters:
12/?
Comments:
14
Kudos:
18
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
406

Burn to a Cinder

Summary:

Your path had been laid out for you from an early age, allowing you to move into the higher circles of society and catch the attention of one of the most powerful men in the Earth Sphere.

As Treize’s mistress, you watch his rise to power and the disastrous war breaking out on Earth and in Space, putting your loyalty to the test. You are torn between your duty to His Excellency, and your unquellable lust for one of the top soldiers under his command. And when he rises to power in Outer Space, there is nothing you can do but stand back and watch them tear each other apart.

This is no game of hearts, but yours is at stake, and the consequences can be felt for years to come. Labeled as OZ’s whore, you struggle to find your way, only for things to fall apart around you again. But then there is still Zechs, and the undeniable way he makes you feel…
ZechsxReader, TreizexReader

Notes:

This story is one of my most recent projects and is actually my first that is partially set during the series. I hope you will enjoy it!

Note: the story isn’t as smutty as the first chapter might suggest! ;)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Burn to a Cinder
Chapter 1

Steam billowed out as you exited the bathroom, your feet sinking into the plush carpet of the bedroom. You secured the towel a bit more tightly around your body and sat down in front of your vanity, undoing your hair from the neat bun you had pulled it up into before your bath. Your skin was fragrant from the bathing oil, the sweet tang of Jasmin greeting your nostrils with every breath you took. The bathing oil had been a gift, something altogether different from the rose scented oil your lover preferred.

You brushed your hair while humming quietly to yourself, until the locks hung in smooth waves over your shoulders. You worked through your skin care routine, applying lotion, serum, and cream. A timeless beauty, Treize would call you. You made sure that that timeless part would last as long as possible. It wasn’t that you were vain. You just enjoyed pampering yourself. And you enjoyed the attention of some of the most powerful men in the Earth Sphere. It was important that you didn’t lose it, or the consequences would be dire you knew. Your uncle had made that very clear.

You got up from your seat and padded over to the closet, opening the doors to get out a clingy nightgown made from the softest silk. You rubbed your cheek over the fabric, enjoying the way it felt against your skin. The nightgown, like the bathing oil, had been a gift too. You took it off the hanger and dropped the towel, preparing to pull the nightgown over your head.

However, a steely arm wrapping around your waist prevented you from doing that. Your body went rigid, your eyes widening in shock, and you opened your mouth to scream. A big, callused hand covered your mouth and a raspy, velvet voice came to whisper in your ear.

“Quiet, or you´ll regret it.”

A violent shiver racked your body, but it wasn’t out of fear. Immediately, your blood sang with desire, potent lust burning through your body. You made a muffled noise to let him know you weren’t going to scream and he let out a chuckle. He nuzzled your hair to the side and let his lips linger on the skin of your throat.

You heard him inhale deeply, and his voice sounded appreciative as he spoke again. “Much better.”

He never liked it when you smelled like roses. The scent was too much a reminder of the man you actually belonged to.

The arm that was wrapped around your waist eased away, his hand trailing up over the smooth skin of your belly to your breasts. Your moan was muffled by the hand still clamped over your mouth as he teased a nipple into a hard peak, and a flash of pleasure shot down to your core, making you shudder as wetness pooled between your legs. The nightgown tumbled from your hands, forgotten, and you braced yourself against one of the closet’s shelves as he continued his assault on your senses.

He nibbled along your neck, careful not to leave any marks lest you’d be found out, the gentle scrape of his teeth along your skin adding to your need. You were grateful when he pulled his hand away from your mouth and used it to cup your other breast.

You gasped, your back arching, your hips pressing back against him intimately. The feeling of his erection, large and heavy against your backside through the fabric of his pants nearly made you mewl. Treize, with his gentle hands and tender kisses, was a lover like one would read about in poetry. He was never in a hurry and could worship your body in what felt like forever. This man was an entirely different story. Oh, he did worship you, in his own way. With raging passion and a fierceness that made your toes curl. Only he could satisfy you like no other man could.

“You’re dead if he finds you here,” you managed to get out through pleasured gasps.

“I locked the door,” he murmured.

He pulled you away from the closet and turned you towards the bed. Anticipation settled in your gut as he gave you a light shove, sending you sprawling onto the Egyptian cotton. You heard his uniform jacket hit the floor and licked your lips at the thought of him bearing that gorgeous body. You leisurely rolled onto your back, your body arched in a sensual stretch, spread out like his personal banquet. You planted your feet on the bed and wantonly spread your legs, offering him a tempting view of his satisfaction. You were rewarded with a predatory growl and met his gaze with a sultry smile.

Eyes blazing, he stalked towards you with his shirt half undone, and the mattress dipped as his weight settled on it. You reached for his shirt, undoing the last few buttons yourself and reached up to push the fabric off his shoulders. He shrugged out of it and then leaned in and took your mouth in a mind numbing, slick kiss. You let him tease your lips apart, eager for the taste of him, and curled your tongue around his. His hair fell over his shoulders, forming a silvery curtain to shield you from the world.

“Zechs...” you breathed when he broke away from the kiss to trail his mouth along your throat to your breasts.

You had to bite down on your finger to keep yourself from crying out when he covered one hard peak with his mouth. Your other hand buried itself in his platinum mane of hair as your back arched, your hips coming off the bed to grind against him. He moaned under his breath and grasped your hips, keeping you pressed tightly against him. The sound, so erotic coming from him set your senses on fire and you strained against him, aching for more.

You dragged your hands over his shoulders, nails digging into his skin as he slid a hand between your bodies to your core, fingers sliding home in one smooth thrust. You released a shaky moan, your hips moving greedily against his hand, your body seeking the release it so desperately wanted. His mouth came back to yours, swallowing your moans and soft cries of pleasure. Your orgasm was building with neck breaking speed, wave after wave drowning you. And just as suddenly, he pulled his hand back. You whimpered at the loss and opened your eyes to glare at him, only to realize that he was undoing his pants.

You sat up to help him, your mouth finding the skin of his chest, your teeth teasingly scraping over a nipple. You pushed his pants and underwear down his hips, your hand closing around his manhood, causing his breath to hitch in his throat as you stroked your hand over the engorged flesh. Icy blue eyes drifted shut as his head rolled back, exposing his throat to your wandering mouth. You had no scruples about marking him, and nipped on the sensitive skin, branding him. He groaned and pushed you back onto the bed, his hand closing around your wrist to pull your hand away from him. He kissed you again, teeth playfully digging into your bottom lip as he kicked his pants and underwear away, and grabbed your hips.

You came at the first powerful thrust of his hips, crying out into his mouth as you rode each wave of pleasure, your body clenching and shuddering around him, your hands clutching desperately at his back. Black spots danced in front of your vision and you tore your mouth away from his to gasp in some much needed air as he steadily send you up to a second peak. You slid your hands down his back, grasping onto the firm round curve of his buttocks, pulling him deeper inside of you with each thrust.

None could ever make you feel like this, make you burn like this. It was this man only. Only him, but there was no place for him in the world your uncle had constructed for you. Near desperation you arched underneath him, your mouth meeting his again, your body sliding slickly against his. Your skin was burning with heat, flushed with need, sensitive to his touch after that first, powerful orgasm.

“Zechs… please…” you pleaded, mindless as he drove you to the pinnacle and over the edge.

He followed you with a groan, burying his face against your throat and spilling into you with a rush of heat.

Utterly boneless and content, you drifted back to earth and wrapped your arms around him, holding him to you even though his weight was fully on top of you. You liked the feeling of him in your arms, his chest moving against your rapidly as he tried to regain his bearings.

You smiled lazily, and turned your head to nuzzle his hair, breathing in his scent deeply.

“I should go,” he said quietly, while lifting his head to look at you.

You stared into those icy blue eyes, and cupped his face in your hands. You pulled him down for a lingering kiss, knowing you had no choice but to let him go. He couldn’t stay. Especially not here.

Zechs rose onto his knees, pulling out of you, which caused a shiver to rack your still sensitive system. You rolled onto your stomach, burying your face in the soft sheets as you stretched lazily. You felt his hand on your back, swooping down as he leaned in to kiss the back of your neck. You shuddered as he slipped his hand between your legs, his fingers sliding inside of you once more.

“I’ll enjoy the thought of you going to him later tonight, knowing I’ve been here first,” he murmured huskily, while pulling his hand back and spreading the sticky proof of your betrayal between your thighs, before wiping it across the sheets.

Your eyes clenched shut at the implication, but you felt no shame.

“I won’t be able to see you again,” he continued and his voice sounded regretful. “I’m sorry.”

You turned over on your side, and gazed at him with wide eyes. “What? No.”

He gave you a smile and tucked a lock of hair behind your ear. “I’ll be leaving for Antarctica tomorrow. Afterwards, I will no longer be welcome to OZ.”

“But…” Not comprehending what he was saying, you rose on your knees and wrapped your arms around his neck. You pressed your forehead against his and felt the telltale burning of tears behind your eyes. “I can’t let you go.”

“You’ll have to.” The look in his eyes told you he really had to do this. You knew it was his destiny.

“So… This is goodbye,” you whispered.

You leaned in and kissed him, sighing as he took the kiss deeper, but with gentleness he hadn’t shown you before. And you knew you would go to Treize tonight, smelling like another man and not caring about it. You would offer yourself to him, but in your mind you would be with Zechs.

“You’ll be fighting the Gundam Pilot,” you said softly.

“Yes.”

You closed your eyes and sighed. “Be careful.”

He gave you a small smile and nodded. “I promise.”

He got up from the bed and got dressed, while you remained on the bed, watching him. You admired the way the moonlight played over his skin and caught in his hair, making it appear as liquid silver. When he was done, you rose onto your knees and slipped your arms around his neck, pulling him down for a last, lingering kiss.

“I’ll miss you,” you whispered against his lips.

“If I manage to survive this madness,” he murmured. “I’ll come for you.”

You rested your forehead against his and smiled. “I’d like that.”

He pressed a kiss against your forehead and stepped back, reaching for his mask, which he had put on the nightstand upon entering your room. You watched as he slipped it on, looking so formidable when he turned to give you one last smile.

“Goodbye -Y/N-.”

“Goodbye Zechs.”

He turned on his heel and set course for the double doors, slipping out onto the balcony. You watched his retreating back, wishing you could follow him. But you would only be a liability, a distraction from the challenge that awaited him. A distraction from a destiny only he could fulfill. The doors closed shut with a soft click, and the last you saw of your Lightning Count was his shadow as he made it out into the night.

It was much later when you made it downstairs, clad in your robe. Your bare feet made no sound as you crossed the cool marble floor to the library.

Treize was sitting behind the piano, playing an absentminded tune. His uniform jacket was carelessly thrown over the Chesterfield in the sitting area. He had opened the top buttons of his shirt, and his hair fell over his forehead. You liked seeing him at the end of the day, when he let go of the image he held up in front of his soldiers. Here, in his home, he stripped off the polish and became the man you adored. That reminder made you feel just a tad guilty.

“Treize?” you called out softly as you approached him.

“-Y/N-.” He looked up with a smile, his eyes warming at the sight of you.

You moved around the piano and rested your hands on his shoulders as you stood behind him. His shoulders were square and tense, and you gently rubbed them to ease the tension away. He sighed and leaned back against you, his eyes shut, but a troubled frown still marred his face.

“What’s the matter?” you asked him while leaning in to press a kiss against his temple.

“Too much,” he said.

“Oh?” you questioned quietly.

“Did you hear that Romefeller has developed a system that can replace soldiers?” he asked. “Mobile suits without pilots. Takes the heart out of a fight, doesn’t it?”

“It sounds senseless,” you agreed quietly, while moving your hands to knead his neck. “How can one truly understand war if one doesn’t have to fight?”

He hummed in agreement and relaxed under your touch. “War becomes meaningless that way.”

“Can you do something about it?” you asked.

He sighed. “That depends on the other matter.”

You remained silent, knowing he hadn’t finished speaking. Treize always confided in you. You were the only person outside of OZ that he trusted.

“Zechs has rebuilt the Wing Gundam. His actions put him in a precarious position.” He pushed his hair back from his face and glowered at the piano’s keys. “I’ll have no choice but to have him court-martialed.”

You bit your lip, not knowing what to say. “I see…”

“The court-martial will tarnish OZ’s reputation and I really can’t use it now that Romefeller is starting to develop its own ideas about how war should be waged.”

You stepped back and made your way over to the side table to pour him a glass of whiskey. He gave you a grateful look when you handed it to him.

“Thanks,” he said quietly before taking a sip. “I need Zechs beside me in OZ to keep the situation under control.”

You swallowed. Zechs was off to Antarctica, to fight the Gundam Pilot. Treize would be too late to do any damage control. And you couldn’t tell him, because then he would know…

You slipped your arms around his neck and pressed a kiss against his cheek. “You’ll figure it out, Treize. You always do.”

He gave you a small smile and reached up to cup your cheek. “I am glad your belief in me is so unwavering.”

“You should get some sleep,” you told him.

“Hmm…”

You leaned in for a gentle kiss and smiled at him. “Good night.”

“Good night,” he said. He still sounded weary, and you were glad. It meant he wouldn’t want you in his bed tonight.

You smoothed his hair and turned on your heel. He called you back when you reached the door.

“-Y/N?”

“Yes?” You turned around, your hand still on the doorknob.

“Zechs is pretty much out of my control. And out of yours too.”

You felt all color drain from your face. “W-wha…”

“You’ll do best to steer clear of him in the future.”

With those words, he turned back to the piano. But you hadn’t missed the hint of steel in his voice. Or the cold glint in his eyes. You opened the door with clammy hands, and set course for your bedroom with wildly beating heart.

Treize knew… And you could only hope that he would be merciful on you.

- End chapter 1 -

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! I’ll try to add the remaining written chapter as soon as possible! :)