Actions

Work Header

The Spinning Arrow

Chapter 19: Chapter 19

Summary:

This is it. Get ready for the official departure of William and Mia.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“PROCHNOST!” Everyone cheered as they clinked their glasses together before they all took a drink. 

“Oh yeah…I definitely needed that.” William muttered out as he finished taking a shot. 

After the whole explosion and effective cleanse of the Ninth Circle, A.R.G.U.S. took over the clean up. Dealing with everyone that was left and arresting them to take them to some secret prison. With the whole nearly dying thing they had come back to the bunker for everyone to get patched up and recuperate. 

Mia’s death grip on their Dad’s hand didn’t once loosen up the whole time that Digg was stitching up the deep cut on Mia’s arm. The minute William tried to tease her, their Mom poked him in his bruised ribs that she was wrapping up and gave him the warning,

“Be nice to your sister,”

Now they found themselves gathered around their own round table in the bunker, celebrating that they now had a future. Eating pizza that Dinah somehow managed to pickup without them noticing. 

“Whoah, this is…strong,” Rene grimaced out, “yeah, this definitely going to help,”

“I still cannot believe that this is all finally over,” Digg added, everyone nodding in a agreement. 

“I just wanted to say. Thank you guys. I mean. I know Mia and I came here with the intention not to use any of your guys’ help. But. You guys proved and showed us that we needed a team.” 

“Not to get too sappy but I agree with Will,” Mia looked down at the empty shot glass in her hand, trying to find the right words, “Thanks for letting us have a second chance at having a family.” Mia tried to finish that last part without getting too emotional.

“Well no matter what timeline you two are from. You guys are family.” Dinah added. The team stood there taking in the precious moment. 

“So, I’m guessing this is where you two disappear off into your little time machine to go see how much your past has changed. Hopefully we didn’t cause too much damage to the timeline.” Rene chimed in, his face bright and eager.

“Well whatever it is I’m sure it can’t be any worse than when Barry created flashpoint.” Digg added.

The Queen family all shared a knowing look together. Despite everything they still haven’t told the team. Not wanting them to get wrapped up in everything. Even now they were still hesitant to tell them anything at all.

The conversation between the rest of the team faded away as they walked off towards the table of pizza and cake. Stuffing themselves with more food, and leaving the family with their last goodbye’s.

“So. What happens next?” Oliver questioned, scared for the answer. He reached for Felicity’s hand for reassurance, Will and Mia shared a look. 

“Well to be honest. We have no idea. We could disappear now or maybe in a few days. We don’t know how long it takes for the timeline to cement.” Oliver took a deep shuddering breath and let out a huge sigh. 

“Listen. I know I wasn’t around much William. And Mia, I know I wasn’t around at all. But you guys should know that I have always and always will be proud of you two. No matter what happens in the future, no matter what the future may bring us. Your mother and I will be proud of you guys.” Felicity nodded in agreement, tears in everyone’s eyes. 

“Your father and I will always try to be the best parents that we can be for the two of you. Protecting you two, and doing what is best for you two. Doesn’t mean we will be perfect, and we will still make plenty of mistakes. But just know we love you two, and we are doing our best.”

“Hopefully teenage me will try and remember that when he gets grounded by the two of you.” The Queen family all laughed at William’s joke. 

Oliver opened his arms and they settled in for a big, family hug. A hug that could last them until their family was soon reunited. 

“Well, that’s enough crying for me,” Mia uttered. The family laughed and came out of the hug.

“I don’t know about you guys but I could sure use another slice of that cake.” They continued laughing and enjoyed the moment. Oliver and Felicity walked off slowly hand in hand, William trialing slowly behind them while Mia stood in her spot for a few more seconds.

Mia finally let herself truly and genuinely enjoy the moment. Here she was finally with her family, she had her mom, dad, and William. They no longer had to worry about saving anyone or anything right now. Mia, in this moment was more happy than she had been in a long time. She had no idea when the timeline would decide that her and her brother would be erased or even if they would be erased, time travel was weird like that. 

No matter when that was Mia was happy to be taken at any time. Her new self, the baby growing in her mother’s stomach would get to grow up with her father and her brother. William would get to grow up like a normal teenager and not have all this baggage he claimed to have. Mia would have more time to annoy him as a little sister. That last part brought a bright smile to Mia’s face. 

Mia was okay. 

That was when she started to feel a strange sensation in the pit of her stomach.


William was beyond happy. They had managed to save their future. It was bringing tears of joy to his face. He would no longer be using the excuse ‘Daddy issues’ when he was dating, which would be a huge relief later on in life. There were different scenarios running through his minds. Him being reunited with his parents and getting to come home, getting to hold Mia as a baby for the first time. Felicity teaching him different ways to hack that they would hide from his Dad. Dad teaching him how to cook. It brought complete and utter joy to William’s face. He was even looking forward to Mia annoying him as a little kid. 

William glanced back to look at Mia, and the bright and eager smile he was wearing quickly slid off his face seeing the pained and shocked look on her face.

“Mia?” William questioned worryingly. The worry in his tone caused their parents to turn around as well.

“Will?” Mia whispered out before falling onto the floor.

“MIA!” The three of them screamed out and rushed over to Mia’s crumpled form on the floor. The sound of worry caused the rest of the team to rush over from where they had been eating.

Oliver cradled his daughter’s head in his lap, trying to make sure she was okay, while Felicity and William each held on of her hands. Mia opened her eyes slowly, her mind disoriented. 

“Dad?” Mia slowly questioned, looking up and smiling up at her father.

“Yeah? What’s the matter?” Oliver let out, horribly worried.

“I don’t feel so good.” Her voice trembling. Oliver, Felicity, and Will all looked at each other with concerned looks. 

“What the hell is going on?” Digg questioned, trying to figure out if he should get the med kit. A sudden realization hit William like a freight train.

“The timeline,” he let out slowly. Just like that, those two words turned into Oliver and Felicity’s worse nightmare.

“I-I I feel like...I don’t know what I’m feeling.” Mia was slowly stuttering out. No matter how absolutely terrified Felicity and Oliver were of losing their children, they knew, in their children’s final moments, they needed them to feel safe.

“Hey, hey. Mia it’s-it’s okay. Alright. You-you are safe and-and your family is here okay.” Oliver bent down to give his daughter a kiss on her forehead, the tears flowing freely down his cheeks. Oliver felt like he was losing a piece of his heart. 

Mia’s mind and body were completely disoriented, her mind not knowing at all what was happening. She smiled up at her father, happy to see him at last, she turned her head and saw.

“Mom!” Mia let out excitedly. Her eyes full of complete joy. Felicity couldn’t help the small sob that escaped her mouth.

“Yeah baby. I’m right here.” Felicity gently caressed her daughter’s face, wiping away the tears. Felicity put on a comforting smile for Mia, but she couldn’t help the tears flowing down her face. 

“I-I thought you-you were gone forever.” Felicity shook her head.

“No. No I’m right here. Alright. I’m right here and I’m not gonna leave you okay.” Felicity brought up Mia’s hand to give it a small kiss. 

“Hey Willy,” Mia smiled, teasing her brother again.

“Hey. You know one day I’m gonna come up with an annoying nickname for you.” The tears on Will’s face were flowing freely as he witnessed his sister slowly deteriorate right in front of his eyes. 

“I-I know I don’t s-say it t-that often, but but I do do love love you.” Will let out a tearful laugh. His nose sniffling as he tried to clear his eyes from the tears in his face. 

“I love you too.” 

“I love love all of you guys.” Mia stuttered out. She was speaking to everyone in the room but her eyes remained on the faces of her parents and her brother. 

“It-it feels like I’m f-fading away.” Oliver gently shushed her. Oliver brought her up, his chest and body bracketing Mia’s body, her back against him. 

“Hey-hey, it’s gonna be okay alright. I want you to keep your eyes on us okay. Mia, I need you to keep your eyes open for me okay for as long as you can. You don’t, don’t need to be scared okay. You Mom, brother and I are here for you alright.” Mia nodded along slowly understanding.

“Uh—oh.” Will let out, before slumping over on the floor next to his sister.

“William! No-no no!” Felicity quickly scrambled to get to William’s limp body. With help from Digg Felicity was next to Oliver, William’s body leaning against his mother and sister, a scared expression on his face.

“M-Mom. D-ad. Please, please don’t make me leave. I-I’m scared.” 

“Hey, hey hey,” Felicity gently soothed Will’s face, trying to calm him down, “I know. We know Will. We don’t want you to go either. Okay. But hey, it’s going to be all okay alright. Alright  we are here. We are all right here.” Felicity and Oliver were trying to hold back their sobs, but it was difficult. The two parents were both holding their dying children in their arms, unable to do anything about it. All they could do was make sure their last few moments were peaceful and not scared. 

“Hey buddy,” Oliver sobbed out.

“Hey Dad.” Will smiled up at his Dad, his mind more aware than Mia’s, “I’m sorry sorry about every everything.” 

“No. Hey buddy. No. Nothing is your fault okay.” Oliver grabbed onto William’s shoulder, “You are the best son I could have asked for alright?” Oliver looked as William nodded in confirmation before he bent down to give his son a tearful kiss on his forehead. As the family and the team all surrounded the two kids, unsure and confused as to what was going on, they hoped that it wouldn’t get any worse.

“What, what’s going on?” Mia questioned.

They spoke too soon.

Mia glanced down to her left foot, but instead of seeing her black combat boots she saw what could only be described as bright white looking flakes slowly gathering on her foot before the tip of her foot was no longer there.

The tachyon particles. 

“What what’s going on?” The fear evident in Mia’s voice, she couldn’t stop staring as she watched her feet slowly start to disappear.

The room was completely stunned and shock.

“no, no, no,” Oliver whispered out softly.

“What?” William let out breathlessly. He brought his right hand up watching as his hand slowly collected in the same white light, turning into scales and his hand slowly disappearing.

Mia and Will both began to freak out.

“Hey, hey, hey, Mia. Will look at your Mom and I okay. Look up at us hey come on.” Oliver was trying to calm them down, despite how completely scared Oliver was. Felicity tried to hold back her sobs.

“There we go.” Felicity responded when Will and Mia met their gazes. Ever since the two of them arrived Felicity couldn’t help but see them as how grown they were. But now, as Oliver and Felicity cradled them in their final moments all she could see were two scared little kids. Kids that had run to their Mom and Dad’s room because they were scared of the dark. Two scared little kids that needed their Mom and Dad more then ever. 

“Everything is gonna be okay. Alright.” Felicity tried reassuring them.

“I want you two to close your eyes alright. Just close them and everything will be okay. We are right here. Your Mom and I aren’t letting go okay. You-you guys are just gonna fall asleep and and when you two wake up everything will be okay.” The fear on Mia and Will’s faces were slowly fading away as they looked up at their parent’s faces, all of their eyes full of tears. 

Mia and Will took one last look at their Mom and Dad before finally closing their eyes. Unable to play witness as their bodies slowly began to turn into this weird bright light flakey substance while parts began to disappear. 

Felicity and Oliver took another look at their beautiful children, choosing to remember them for the good moments, they closed their eyes as well. Pushing their heads together and laying them on Mia and Will’s heads, Oliver brought his arms out, pulling his family together as tightly as he could. 

Hoping that he could hold onto them for just a bit longer. But as the timeline became finally cemented, the former timeline featuring William Clayton and Mia Smoak disappeared along with them. 

Feeling their children disappear, Felicity and Oliver let their bodies become overtaken with sobs as they clutched onto one another. Their screams of anguish and the sobs from the team echoed throughout the bunker.

Notes:

I know. I know. That was a lot. But don't worry. Epilogue coming soon.