Actions

Work Header

I Hate You

Summary:

Shinsou didn't want a soulmate

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Shinsou didn’t believe in soulmates. Even with the glaring evidence painted on his wrists, he refused to believe the idea of soulmates. Not after having to endure countless of days, of years where he would have to sit through senseless shouting, where he would have to listen to glass shattering and pained gasps. Not when he would have to run to the bathroom and grab the first aid kit because momma couldn’t do it herself, not with the pain and the shard stuck so deep. Shinsou didn’t want to believe in soulmates if it meant letting yourself get hurt for the person you ‘love’. Shinsou didn’t want a soulmate if it meant hurting someone that’s supposed to be dear to you and then giving apologies you don’t really mean.

Soulmates were toxic. Shinsou didn’t want that.

But then he walked into class 1-A,  sleep deprived and stress and in desperate need of a shower and some food, and he made eye contact with the prettiest boy he’d ever seen.

And then literally the stupidest shit came out of his mouth.

Shinsou was tired and sure that was probably what was to blame for what he said in response. But he also knew the moment he felt that tingling on his wrist and the racing of his heart that he didn’t just say it because he was tired. Shinsou didn’t want a soulmate.

Especially not a stupid one.

He didn’t ask Midoriya for the blond’s name, Midoriya took the liberty of telling him. He didn’t ask what class he was in, Kaminari just told him. He definitely did not google his name in the middle of the night when he couldn’t fall asleep.

And when they so happened to crash into each other on the way to the cafeteria it hadn’t been his fault (he was betting that it was probably Mina’s).

“Hey,” his voice was uncharastically soft, from what Shinsou could remember the blond seemed to be a very vocal person.

He grunted out a greeting, busying himself with making his way back to the cafeteria trying to ignore the fact that Monoma was walking next to him.

“I don’t think we met under the proper circumstances,” Monoma let out a nervous chuckle and Shinsou’s eyes followed the movement of his hand as it sheepishly rubbed at the back of his neck. There was a bracelet on his wrist, and Shinsou pretended he didn’t feel the sting in his heart to see it covered.

Who’d even want someone who’s first words were I hate you ?

“I’m Monoma Neito, it’s nice to meet you!”

“Shinsou.”

He hurried his pace, acting like didn’t see the crestfallen face of the blond behind him.

-

“All I’m saying is you should give it a shot,” Kaminari spoke taking a seat on the couch.

Shinsou ignored him, he was getting tired of having the same conversation all the time.

“Hey don’t pressure him too much, let him decide things at his own pace,” Kirishima spoke up in favour of Shinsou.

“He’s a fucking coward,” Bakugou commented quickly busying himself with making a snack for the rest of the bakusquad once Kirishima shot him a glare.

“Come on guys, drop it. What I choose to do about my stupid soulmate is my business alone. Just leave it alone,” Shinsou finally said his eyes closing as he began to drift off onto some much needed sleep.

Keyword being began.

The door slammed open startling Shinsou and making Bakugou let out a string of curses as the rest of 1-A paraded into the dorm all chatting happily amongst each other, members of 1-B seeming to have joined them.

“Hey guys!” Midoriya greeted cheerfully, “we’re going to be doing some training with some of the people from 1-B if you’d like to join us.”

Shinsou lazily examined the small crowd of students, breath catching in his throat when his eyes met stormy blue.

He ended up training with them.

And no it wasn’t because Monoma was there.

 

-

 

1-B was impressive.

Shinsou could admit that now that he was in the confines of his own room.

They were strong, some of them were probably strong enough to rival some of 1-A.

They were also decent people. Which was hard to believe considering how much Bakugou trash talked them.

His eyes had managed to stay on Monoma the entire time. Something he wasn’t particular proud of but he had watched as the young teen helped his friends out. Watched as he fixed Kendou’s stance and helped out with Tetsu’s weak points.

Shinsou watched the way he would compliment Shiozaki and watched the smirk he’d trade with Tokage right before they tagged teamed and beat Kaminari.

Shinsou looked at sunshine hair and eyes that reminded him of the sky just before it rained. He looked at soft pink lips and taunting smiles that seemed to slide on so easily. He stared at gentle hands and a flawless face, listened on to the sharp remarks and positive criticism.

Shinsou looked and for the first time he didn’t see a broken marriage, he didn’t see scarred skin, didn’t hear shouts and false apologies.

Shinsou saw Monoma Neito.

And suddenly the concept of soulmates didn’t seem too bad.

Notes:

I KNOW THIS ISNT GOOD? LIKE I FEEL ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO SUCK TOES BUT ALSO THIS IS SHINSOU SO I WANTED IT TO BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT SO IM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT HOW YOU'LL LIKE THIS???? I JUST DONT KNOW IM RLLY INSECURE ABOUT THIS IM SORRY. I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT?

HAVE A GREAT DAYYYY TAKE CARE <3

ps not edited

Series this work belongs to: